Speaker 1: All right, welcome in. We'll driving the Cred episode three eighty two. Kind of a weird show because twelve hours ago the show was gonna be vast majority football. Ten hours ago, the show was gonna be vast majority Holy shit, what did Victor Winmanyama just do? And thirty minutes ago it changed to this breaking news about Terry Rogier, Damon Jones, and Chauncey Billups, rigged poker games, prop bet fixing and all of that. And I am I am stunned by the allegations here on one's front side of it. I'm not stunned at all by the allegations on a different side of it. And I'm gonna try to unpack it because I actually we just had I think it's I want to get the guy's name right. What us attorney Joe Junior talk about high dollar poker games in Manhattan, the Hamptons in Vegas, and my ears perked up when they talked about what was going on. So I think I can oddly give you some real insight here on now. Listen credit to Pablo Torri who, when it comes to the Terry Rogier prop betting, all that stuff, he's been all over it. The poker stuff, on the other hand, is jarring. And well, I'll explain, but I wanna this is all like happening in real time. They're literally doing a press conference as we speak. I was watching it right before we went on the air, and so we'll get into all that. I wanna demand. Welcome in. This is gonna be a weird show for you, but it's no problem. We'll get to football and we'll get to our picks in a bit and we'll talk. Uh Wimby, let me get to straight to voicemail. Brought to you by boost Mobile, and this show is always brought to you by our friends of boost Mobile. Uh Megan the Stallion Sports Oh so funny. Klay Thompson. Labooba la boo boo, la boo. I think it's lab boo boo. Guys, I don't think it's a A. I think it's la boo boo. I also had never seen a la boo boo in my life in person until last night when your big sister sent your little sister, not your bit, your old the oldest, but your oldest oldest sister sent your youngest sister what is almost assuredly a knockoff fake La Boo Boo for her birthday, and she was very excited. Uh. Travis Kelcey uh trying to help out six Flags and JJ McCarthy with what is pretty clearly a soft pinching. Uh still out on Thursday night football. Okay, so here's what we know now. I'm going to tell you I have a healthy skepticism of the way the way media typically reports arrests and news is what law enforcement sources tell the media they treat as gospel. I try not to do that, Okay, that is that's you. No matter whether it's local cops, the Feds, no matter who's in charge of the DOJ. I always feel like the slanting it's unfair to the accused. And so I am not. And so I read all these stories with I come into come into it with some skepticism. I had even more when I saw the ABC News headline from the when this story first broke and it said Portland Trailblazer's head coach has been charged in the illegal poker operation tied to the law enforcements. Versus told ABC News, and that's because the mafia is not like and they even capitalize mafia a specific entity like there is organized crime, and the Mafia is known as like Italian organized crime, but I've never seen like in a real news article the Mafia be used as as if it were a specific entity. So I initially was here's what I thought this news was going to be when I saw it, Terry Rosier, There's been a lot of smoke, and Pablotory has done a good job around that story for the last year. That ah, some of his player prop bets sure seem fishy and there's fishy action on them, and we talked about the fact that it'd be it's very easy for guys to try to make their friends or themselves ten twenty grand on these individual player props, and clearly some guys have not been able to resist the temptation. That's what I assumed the FEDS were arresting Terry Rogier for I didn't know what Damon jones necessary involvement was, except for the fact that he had been a coach, so maybe would have inside information on hey, this guy's not gonna play or this guy's dinged up. I also, full disclosure, have known Damon Jones for more than ten years. I like Damon Jones and I was sad to see his name in this. When I saw there was Chauncey was being charged in the illegal poker operation, my initial thought process was, a man, they're really going after these illegally raked poker games. Because we saw Gilbert get himmed up by the FEDS about some thing, what I thought was similar. So before I get to the actual details here, because I really want the audience to understand this. It is not that I know it's gonna sound I'm gonna sound like I'm giving myself a pass here or something, but I want to be very clear. The card games that I play in are totally legal. And it's not because they're in Vegas. Those obviously are. Those are in regulated casinos. And it's not because they're not for you know, a ton of money, because sometimes they are. The way it works is this, and I want to put demons on the screen because I want to make sure he understands it. Because if he understands, everyone understand it. I am allowed to have no I mean when I that wasn't an insult on your intelligence. I just meant because you're not a poker player like you're you are. If I were to say, hey, I am hosting a poker night at my house for friends, family, or even just hey, join my poker club and come play. We could play for ten dollars a person, one hundred dollars a person, or a million dollars a person, and that is legal. That is legal as long as the house, the host, the person putting it on is not taking a cut of the money. So do you understand. So, like if we if I invited seven guys over and everybody brought ten grand with them, so there's eighty thousand dollars involved. As long as at the end of the night, when it's like, hey, you you know you lost your tin. You lost your tin, he won tenny. As long as everyone the net net of what everyone came with they leave with collectively, that's legal. It's not legal if it's like, hey, since I'm hosting the game, every hand, I'm gonna take twenty dollars out of the pot and drop it in this little box here, and at the end of the night the house has made two grand. That's what makes That's the line that makes poker games legal or illegal. Is the house taking a cut? Okay, It's as simple as that. So when I was on with Lovetard last week talking about that huge card game I was going to that was a bunch of guys who've been playing with each other forever. And there is no there is no rake. That's called the rake. Taking money is the rake. Okay. So Gilbert got in trouble because they were hosting up again. He had rented a house that was being used according to the FEDS for it was basically an illegal casino because the house became not only where the card games were, but that they were probably taking in rake taking the money, and that rake can be huge, like ten twenty thousand a night in rake and money off the table. Okay. So that is that that's the distinction between private, legal and illegal poker. When I saw the Chauncey thing, I'm like, man, I can't believe they're going after this, these illegal card games, because that is pretty prevalent, the idea of hey, we're gonna do a private game, but a person who's hosting it those things, he's gonna they're gonna take a cutter. That's their business. That we we one of how do I put this? Someone you know really well, don't That is one of my buddies that is his business. He hosts all you know, a weekly or semi weekly game and that, and so those are those are illegal technically, but usually people like as long as there's no drugs, there's no violence, no anything, people don't mess with them. Okay, yeah that is not though. What the feds are alleging. Chauncey was a part of what the feds are alleging is that the end this, if this is true, this is for me, as someone who plays in real card games, this is a cardinal sin. They're alleging these were games that they had rigged shufflers, that they had rigged rfi D devices which allowed people to know what cards other people had, That they had rigged communication devices like tiny earpieces, and that folks were like, hey, seat six has kings and aces coming on the turn, get your money if that go ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was wondering, like, how does this type of information get out? Is somebody getting bamboozled and they'd speak out to the fence because I was thinking like, wow, whose benefit would it be?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean yeah, or somebody. Yeah, I mean there's a bunch of Yeah, there's a bunch of ways this could happen. Somebody gets in trouble and then they're like, hey, let me out of trouble. I'll tell you about something bigger. Somebody is in the game and thinks they've been cheated and then decides to kind of go on their own and investigate it or whatever it is. But the allegation here is organized crime recruited Chauncey to be the draw. It's like, hey, come to the Hamptons, come to New York whatever, and play. We've got a card game. Chauncey Billups plays in that, and then they bring in people with a bunch of money that they are then stealing from. Now again, I have so much respect for Chauncey Billups, and he has earned to me so much of the benefit of the doubt that what I would like to believe here is that he had no idea. He thought he was playing in a poker game on the level. But they you know that they were rigged games. What the insight I can give the audience is this one of the reasons folks take the time and effort to travel all the way to Las Vegas to play in card games. The reason I unless I'm going to one of my two buddies places that I've known for a long time. In trust go all the way to Philadelphia is there's You're always worried that it's not on the level. You're worried that someone's dealing from the bottom of the deck. You're worried that guys are colluding. You're worried that you might get cheated. That is always a concern in I had a buddy I don't want to give again give too many details here, but one of the greatest in my opinion, card players in the world, who is a man of intense, intense honor. UH played got cheated out of in one game, got cheated out of three quarters of a million dollars and was able to retroactively prove that they were doing stuff like this, that that it was the card you had card readers. You know you guys were cheating you. The whole poker game existed to cheat me out of my three quarters of a million dollars and UH refused to refuse to pay it. And then it became a real, like dangerous situation. Like so that there is a level of protect yourself at all times. You know this stuff could be happening in the high stakes poker world. It is utterly jarring to me that the FEDS are alleging that Chauncey knew these games were rigged and was playing in them anyway, because that to me that if that's true, that's stone cold theft. That is that there is no wiggle room around it. If you are if you are inviting people to come play in a card game that you know they can't win because other people in the game are going to know what cards they have and play accordingly. I that's real, dirty man. And now again I don't want to believe it. And in fairness, during this press conference, one of the people talking one of the FEDS did say this involves the NBA team, the Toronto Rangers, so they might not be totally buttoned up, but uh, these are uh shocking allegations.
Speaker 2: Chauncey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen, Chauncey is considered one of the best guys in one of the best people associated with the league. And again, if it were he was just playing in a card game where they took a rake, I would I was prepared to get on here and say this is an absolute nothing burger, like there are there's that there is not only is that barely illegal. It is apps. There is no ethical for me issue with it. Like there, it's simply saying I'm playing.
Speaker 2: In a people games.
Speaker 1: Everybody, right, we're all saying we'll pay this percentage now where that can. And really the only reason the government typically cares about those things is because nobody's paying taxes on it, because the it's like the nobody's like paying right exactly and so but you again, you are allowed to play high stakes private poker games as long as like helm Youth talks about it all the time. Helmuth plays for tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars at it at his own house in the Bay Area with a bunch of the Silicon Valley guys. But you just have to report your wins as gambling winnings on your taxes and pay taxes and help you doesn't take a vic or you know, doesn't take a raak. But haven't And they I watched the press conference Demanse. They have a picture of a what they say is a rigged shuffler. They have a picture of a computer that is reading out the cards everyone has.
Speaker 2: I mean, they they raided the place and found all like the paras.
Speaker 1: Seems like it man, And oh boy, I really thought we were gonna start today talking NBA. I didn't think it was gonna be that. I want to let me just see one more thing. So but oh the I don't know if I finished my sentence before before it gets to wimby that. Maybe I did, so maybe I'm repeating myself.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But this is why people some people prefer to do all of their poker playing in a casino because a casino is taking a rake. It's much smaller usually than the private game rake, but it's on the level. Like the cheating that can happen in a casino is two of guys at the table communicating to each other. That's called colluding, like hey, you raise all re raise and then this guy will fold like that. That is that's that's one level of cheating. But you don't have to typically at a casino. Worry, Wait does are Is this a setup via shuffler? And a setup via shuffler would be to give people an example, you have one hundred thousand dollars in front of you. I've got one hundred thousand dollars in front of me. They intentionally give you pocket aces and give me pocket queens. I go all in preflop. You have the best hand, you have no t but to call, and then a queen comes and it's like, oh man, eighty twenty unlucky. Like setting hands up like that is stealing? All right? Crazy? I am. I am super interested in this story. I don't know if the audience is. Let me say one other thing on because everyone else is gonna be for more folks on the rosier piece of it. And I say this understanding that a huge portion of our economy in my business is paid for by the gambling operators. Right we are, We are proud partners with hard Rock Bet and with that, But despite that, I I don't even think it's despite that. I regardless of who our sponsors are, I have to I owe the audience full transparency and honesty. And here is what I am going to say about the rogier thing. As long as player props are a big part of legal sports gambling, this stuff is gonna pop up. It just is. And there here is the the two sides of the legal sports gambling coin. Okay, the pro legal sports gambling coin is because gambling is legal and regulated and you know you there is a real catalog of bets and archive and data you can you can more easily find, prove and root out the guys doing you know, essentially insider training. Okay, that that if it was just all off you know, bookies and in the shadows, it's harder to find or prove who's doing this stuff. That's the pro side, if I'm being fair. The conside to it is this absent legal sports gambling when it was all through bookies. Such a thing as how many assists is Terry Rozier gonna get tonight? Was not a bet that existed. You couldn't call up the guy you have drinks with at the bar and be like, I know, I usually just bet the packers every weekend, but I got a real good feeling Terry Rozier is gonna get more than four and a half rebounds? Will you give me ten grand on it? So like that, Yes it is, we can see it better. But it also created markets that otherwise didn't exist. And so all right, the let's get to NBA opening. In fact, you know what, before we get to Wimby, I want to tell you guys about Wayfair. As the holidays approach, get what you need to personalize your home with Wayfair. Shop holiday decor for every room in the house, whether it's Christmas trees, wreaths, or inflatables for the front yard. Wayfair is your one stop shop. Everyone wants their home ready for hosting during the holiday season, and there's no better place than Wayfair to make sure you have every kitchen essential, brand new holiday linens and towels for guests, or seating rugs and lamps for a living room refresh. Wayfair has everything your home needs and there's no better time than now to get your home ready for hosting. There's something for every style in every home, no matter your space or budget. Wayfair makes it easy to tackle your home goals this holiday season with endless inspiration for every space and budget, free and easy delivery even on the big stuff. No more huge delivery fees for furniture. Get big stuff like sofas, dining tables, beds and more shipped free, Get organized, refreshed and ready for the holidays for way less. Had to wayfair dot Com right now to shop all things that's w A Y F A I R dot com Wayfair every style, every home. The audience will not be would not believe what Demonse just bought on Wayfair. And we're not gonna tell him yet, but at some point we will and it's going to be awesome. I am very excited.
Speaker 2: I have that book for two dollars. By the way, it is awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh because Wayfair cent exactly. Wayfair sent Demanse a pretty sick gift card and then he got something he really needs that we'll discuss later for two dollars, two additional dollars. That's awesome. Yeah, shout out Wayfair. All right, Demanse, let's talk about, uh, what the hell happened last night in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, as you know, we don't usually get too deep into basketball until Christmas, but we got to talk about something is going on in the NBA. Wimby yesterday apparently was crazy. I didn't catch this one, but I saw the highlights. Is it possible that this guy is already the best player in the league.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing. Demand's a no no shame in not catching it live.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was watching VJ. Edgecombe welcome himself to the Oh.
Speaker 1: You were watching so you were watching a different game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching Celtics.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh that's I thought. I assumed you meant you were. Oh good for you, buddy. Yeah, yeah, that's a VJ Edgecombe all time record for points in a debut, all time record. And the Sixers won that game despite Embeid's scoring.
Speaker 2: And being a no show. Yeah, no show.
Speaker 1: And the and the second almost got bad.
Speaker 2: For VJ with him missing those two free throws, and the Celtics could have pulled through. That would have been that would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Max see our guy Maxey had forty, but someone else had forty and he's a seven foot five problem. So I I was a gog at what I saw last night from Victor WindMan Yama. So he is the best defensive player in basketball. We knew that was going to be the case. And he had three blocks, but that doesn't really explain it because he just dissuaded so much action because of his length that I don't know what the advanced stat is for, like shots not taken because you're scared this guy's gonna swat it into the first row, but he crushes in that. So we had So here's a good comp we had on the show yesterday. A Keem Olajuan all right, and a Keem was never the best offensive player in the league. But there was a two year period when Jordan was a year and a half when Jordan was retired, and those two years when a Keem was the best player in the league because he was far and away the best defensive player, and those couple of years probably like the fifth or sixth best offensive player, and those two things can combine to make you the best player. He usually goes in the other direction, the best player in the league. Joker is far and away the best offensive player and then just average defensive. And you deal with you know, it's very rare you get prime. I shouldn't say it's very rare. It's just special prime Giannis, prime, Bron prime Jordan, prime, Kobe Kawido. Also, I think was never the best offensive player. Yeah, I'm talking about a guy who can win the scoring title while being the best defender in the league. Right, it's only a handful of guys if Wimby's gonna give you forty. Let me put it like this, here's why it's so scary. Demanza and I loved that he only took two threes, that he is stronger his handles better. I think Wimby. If Wimby averages twenty five points a game, he might be the best player in the league like that because of what he is defensively and if he's gonna put up thirty. I I'm sorry to joke and I'm sorry to shave, but I just I am. I'm ready to have the conversation that this guy might just be the best, like the best player in the league.
Speaker 2: You're a little skeptical of Wimby in the beginning, Well, here's what I like it was. It was probably more on the injury.
Speaker 1: It was two things. It was two things. One was the injury stuff, which still anybody that size it worries me. But that's about it was my skepticism on Wimby. I guess was here were the three different levels of it.
Speaker 2: I think it was him shooting to.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I didn't like the style he was playing to me, he was trying to be Durant, and it's like, bro, you're a half foot taller than Durant and Durant is one of the greatest pure shooters ever. You're like the So I didn't love that. The injuries potential concerned me because literally every player in the history of the league seven four are taller has dealt with injuries, and I don't consider the blood clot an injury. I do, though, I I'm gonna sound.
Speaker 2: Really dumb, it's an ailment. I feel like that they're more prone to though, just because they're a larger guy.
Speaker 1: So that's all I was about to say that exact same thing. I was like, maybe this is dumb. Maybe a doctor's listening is like, that's not how that works. But in my head, that's how it works. It's like, I don't know, there's more, there's more error, there's more just mileage for there to be clots, like I don't know. But so that part, and then the other part was I just thought we were setting him up to be a disappointment by saying if he's not better than a chem Olajuan, he's underachieved. I'm like, jeez, Louise Man, like he walks into the league and it's if you're not one of the ten greatest players of all time, you you have failed. With that said, I mean, I kind of get it. I mean, this is special, this is really really special, and I don't know what you're gonna do with him, and it does. He has become after one game Demanse must watch every night, and it makes me at least.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's that too, but they're left with a phenom.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but also and so a couple things. It makes me take the Spurs seriously. I mean, they obviously didn't even have Fox and they beat the MAVs. Bike yeah, and well, so that's the other piece of it. If you were to ask me going into yesterday, okay, if you are if you can have any player in the league to try to slow down Wimby on the defensive end, who is your number one draft pick? It would have been a d Like that's the other problem, Like the is there anyone in the league demands a better in theory equipped to deal with Wimby?
Speaker 2: My big man on the Celtics who I think his last name is Vet?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't I don't know who you're talking about. And you're being ridiculous. There is the the I mean, maybe you're not the I don't. Hold on, let me see.
Speaker 2: No, nobody's guarding the man. Nobody. He's a freak of nature.
Speaker 1: Hold on, who are you talking about? Okay, yeah, okay, you were silly. Uh No, I'm just saying, like a d is seven feet can play on the perimeter, can play down low. It has been one of the best defenders and Wimby made him look silly. I don't so so, Like who is the Spurs? What's the Spurs next game? So the Spurs next game is? Their next three games are New Orleans, Brooklyn, Toronto. The hell's anybody gonna do? Like, who on New Orleans is gonna be? Like, it's Trey Murphy it, I don't think New Orleans. I guess me, Si, I don't know, man, this is so I do think. I do think Demonte it's on the board that he's the best player in the league this year, and that would be.
Speaker 2: And his mind is right too, Like I just don't see It's like he's gonna do everything possible to stay afloat. I see him taking care of his body, take care of himself in the offseason.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we haven't had a guy be in the argument for there's only been I just want to make sure I get this right. The only no one since Bron has had a real argument that they were the best player in the league in year three. Like Bron in year three was second in MVP voting. He had a real argument. Tim Duncan in year three might have been the best player in the league, but he was a four year college player. Shack in year three was I think, let me, I want to see if I have this, had an argument. He was second in MVP voting and Jordan was retired and they made the finals but lost to a team those are best player in the league argument. By year three, it's just the holy grail of NBA guys, really and this is this is something else. This is really really something else. I'm amazed by it, and I I I'm lost of words. I didn't understand what I was watching last night. And we'll see how it continues. Oh wow, what's the MVP hnds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he climbed the top two in MVP odds at plus two seventy five. Oh, he was around plus twelve hundred in the preseason. So do you see you see after these three three games him potentially being the favorite? I mean I don't see.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe here's the thing. The thing is this, I just in principle, if yesterday I could have gotten a bet at twelve to one, I can't bet it today at less than three to one.
Speaker 2: But and I feel like there's a lot of those tickets out there. I feel like the twelve MVP plus Yeah, I feel like there's a lot of those out there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And I would have told you. I would have told you one day ago those are dumb tickets, just because I would have said, you know, the Spurs seal he's coming off an injury, he might not play enough games, and the it's so hard to win MVP if you're not a top three seed, and you know how many games are the Spurs really gonna win? All right? And by the way, I so I apologize for the producers, but this is I suppose kind of the cost of breaking news and stuff, we might this might actually just be an NBA show today, and then we do all our football stuff for the gambling show. So I know that's a lot of work everybody put into preparing the football stuff. But I think that this is more relevant and I would like to remind you guys. Today's show is brought to you by representing sponsor hard Rock Bet. Great week to try out hard Rock Bet sportsbook app. There's just so much going on this week. Game one in baseball Tomorrow night, NBA back, and of course football is in mid season form. Week eight kicks off with Vikings Chargers. I'm looking ahead to Monday night in Kansas City. Chiefs are back. League on notice. If you need more proof, here's what the stats up and the hard Rock Bet app is showing me Chiefs at Arrowhead they've won fourteen in a row as a home favorite. And Kareem Hunt. These Kareem Hunt streets are crazy. Has scored in four straight Monday games when Casey's the favorite. That dates back a while. If you haven't dried your first bet on hard rock bet, still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. Plus Tonight, on a hard rock bet you can get a Thursday night profit boost for the game boost, your same Game parlay or SGP max, so your bet pays extra winnings new promos every day. So if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what you've got any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight eight admit it. In Indiana. If you were someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, demon's let's get to the actual opening eye of the NBA two nights ago with a classic and a concerning game.
Speaker 2: A couple of nights ago, we got to see how Katie's looking with those rockets against the thunder. They ended up not being able to pull out the wind and double o se Lakers faced Golden State Golden State came out victorious, but you've seen down on both of those teams. Why is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's we'll do Lakers Warriors, then we'll do Rockets Thunder. Okay, So I watched the Lakers and Luca was obviously awesome, and I was like, yeah, so when Lebron comes back, you know what they need from Lebron for him to be their best perimeter defender. And that seems like a bad process for a guy who's gonna be forty one in year twenty three, because I look at the Lakers roster and I'm like, well, they don't have a ton of shooting and they don't really have any defense. Not sure how that's going to work in the modern NBA, even with a guy as great as Luca, and even when Bron comes back, so that I just think it's a for the modern league and oddly constructed roster. It's very like this is about Lua, not about Bron. It's very clear how to win with Luca. Get shooters and defenders and let him handle the entirety of the rest of the offense. It feels like the Lakers have none of that, and it's just like Jared Vanderbilt guard everyone Marcus Smart, God love him, is just not even close to the same guy. And so it also reminds you what a yeoman's effort Anthony Davis was making on that side of the ball, kind of carrying the entirety of that defense. So it just it was I just think that that is a really clumsily put together roster. And you know that I was not as high as some on oh this will be the year DeAndre Ayton takes it serious. I just don't think that guy is a winning player. And I so and I was also bummed. This was a crazy stat I had, uh yesterday, what what is the marquee date demands on the NBA regular season calendar? Historically like the holiday where a lot of people look at it kind of the start of the season. That Christmas. Yeah, Christmas. The NFL's kind of tried to steal their corner, but the NBA made Christmas their holiday. So for the NBA in the regular season, there's Opening Night, which is a big, you know, celebration, the unofficial opening Night Christmas, and then there's obviously the postseason. Lebron James t. Tames prior to two days ago, had played in in his career three hundred and thirty two opening nights, Christmases and playoff games, and Lebron James had played in all three hundred and thirty two of them. He had never missed any of his two hundred and eighty two career playoff games, any of his twenty two opening nights, or any of the eighteen it's actually nineteen Christmas Day games. And you might say, if you're doing the math in your head, that adds up to three hundred and thirty three. But that's because one of the COVID year's opening night was Christmas. He's never missed a marquee moment in his career, and then he missed this one, and I was just like it was another piece of evidence of man, it's not a lot of time left here. Yeah, it's just a bummer, you know what I mean? Just a bummer, uh in that regard and so and the other bummer is he's he's not gonna fix what's wrong with the Lakers. So I think when you have Luca, you're going to be Luca guarant should guarantee a healthy Luca should guarantee you a playoff spot. Luca plus Brown plus Austin Reeves plus what should be a pretty sharp coach in uh Reddick should make you frisky. But I don't think that roster is well rounded enough. On the Warriors, I just think they're too old and the they don't have a a you know right now, Lakers Warriors. I don't even think it's a debate. The best player between the two teams is Luca and he's ten years younger than Steph. So I just don't think the Warriors have the legs for hunting him. Yeah, I just yeah, So I just think the Warriors that was a good win for them. I just don't take them real serious as a contender. Now to the Rockets Thunder something you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Say, uh oh, yeah, you didn't. You didn't like the Wait, did you want me to get into that. You didn't like how the fans reacted to Kevin Durant. Yes, So coming back to okay.
Speaker 1: See it is that so much that I didn't like it?
Speaker 2: And they cheered Steven Adams right before it was that there at the same time.
Speaker 1: So here's my question, Man, is Durant going to finish unless they win the title in Houston? Is he going to be the first all time great player to retire without a home, like if you if if, if you say bron it's the the Calves and Cleveland will love him forever. You know, Lakers some yes, some know, Miami mostly yes, some know, but the Calves, like will love him forever. Jordan obviously it's the Bulls. Kareem obviously it's the Lakers. Magic is the Lakers, Duncan is the Spurs. Those guys are one team guys. But you know, Kobe is Lakers. But even the guys who moved like Kevin Garnett has two cities that adore him Minnesota, Minneapolis with the Timberwolves and the Celtic Barkley. He's not an all time again no, but I mean he's a great player. Ro I'm talking about like top top you know. Berkley is still beloved in Phoenix. D Wade is obviously always going to be beloved in uh Miami. Moses Malone is beloved in Philly. If Oklahoma City Demons after winning a title, is still mad at Durant when he retires, where does he go and get universal love? It doesn't feel like it's Golden State. It's certainly not Phoenix. Or Brooklyn and Oklahoma City's booing him like I.
Speaker 2: Think they love him. I think they're just you know, they're they're bowling, they're talking their mess. I think, I honestly think that when he retires that he'll he'll get love from Okay. See, I don't know if they think of it, but I don't. I don't know, But yeah, they did just win a title. Like the other crazy nine years Adams.
Speaker 1: They booed Durrant on ring night. You guys want a title.
Speaker 2: Like Durant did a lot for y'all. Durrant did a did a lot for y'all while he was there.
Speaker 1: I think he I think he deserves a statue there like So that that did make me sad, and I don't think And by the way, he didn't demand a trade. He didn't blow your team up, He didn't quit on anybody. He hit free agency and left, like wouldn't Harden the first one to go home? But no, they traded away hardened hard Harden was like an.
Speaker 2: He couldn't get his contract figure, but that was he didn't and so that you know the but they love Russ It's just I don't know.
Speaker 1: That made me sad. Okase, he's obviously awesome. I think Durant will be better than he was opening night. Dort gives a lot of people trouble and Shingoon man watch out for Shingoon, Uh, I mean Shingoon looks great and shout out to Wilds on that. I still I feel like the Fred van Vliet injury for the Rockets is really tough, but I really do like that team, and I think Durant's gonna be excellent. Daniel says maybe Seattle will claim Durant when they get a team. I don't know. I hope. So just made me sad and maybe it shouldn't have, but it just made me sad. Hey, are you thinking about an upgrading the all new iPhone seventeen pro? Is that going to the most powerful iPhone ever? But you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store or transferring all your data and all those hassles. Good news, When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your homer work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit Boostmobile Dot com to get started. Deliver available for select devices purchased at boostmobile dot com. Terms do apply. All right, let's go to the listener questions.
Speaker 2: Demanse Sean says, Hey, Nick, saw you in Costa Rica in early March twenty twenty two. You were standing outside of a store. I didn't want to bother you on your vacation. Are you cool people saying hi to you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, the show of course. The I mean, that's what a callback that March of twenty two.
Speaker 2: I was in Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: That is true, but yeah, of course, yeah, the only I had a guy, So yes, the ninety two percent of the time, it's great. And Saturday night, demanse I'm out with your mom and her sisters in Harlem at a bar club whatever, loud, packed and this guy's like, yo, you're Nick, right, And I'm like and I'm like yeah, man, And I go to shake his hand and we but again it's packed. We are six inches from each other, and he says with a smile, he's like, yo, man, I effing hate you, bro. And I was like, okay, but it was such a weird spot because I couldn't move. I then I am now I'm waiting to standing there almost touching shoulders with this guy who is now like still trying to talk to me, and he's like, no, it's not like that. But I'm like, buddy, this is that's just not a greeting.
Speaker 2: That's not a greeting that he drinks in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that's true. But no in general, So Sean, unless you were gonna be like, hey, I fing hate you, it would have been fine. All right, let's get some other listener questions.
Speaker 2: Dustin was wondering what you thought of Katie called it a time out when they didn't have any time out.
Speaker 1: They got away with it. I mean, that was the rest let him off the hook. That's that's tough one. That's a really tough one. All right, Let's go to Monsieur.
Speaker 2: Monsieur says Nick. All my friends say Herbert is better than Burrow. I disagree. Over the next five years, what quarterback would you rather have? I mean, you gotta say Herbert.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean because he's available.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair, I mean I guess that's Herbert. No, no, no, no, I mean if the answer is Burrows too much of an injury risk, I mean that's a respectable but no, that Burrows damaged goods. At this point, I just think I think those are two different questions. Who he's saying. My friends say Herbert's better than Burrow. Herbert definitively is not better than Burrow. If you're saying, but you know, who would you rather have over the next five years, that to me does play in injury stuff. I'd still rather have Burrow. For the record, Omar wants to know why I haven't covered the Clippers debacle. Honestly, I just think Pablo's and Mark Cuban have it covered and I haven't been. I don't know why I haven't been as interested in that as other people. I'm not that interested in the Clippers. I'm not that interested in Kawhi. I'm not I said they more money. Yeah, I mean, I'm just I'm I'm just I'm not as I feel like that story, while interesting to some is, I'm just not super into all Right, gambling show tomorrow do a bunch of NFL stuff. Reminder like rate subscribe review to the show would help us out a lot. Thank you to Blue Duck, thank you to Volume, and a shout out to all our great sponsors, hard Rock, Bet, Boost, Wayfair, and our friends at Zen talk to you Yes tomorrow with our week eight gambling show