Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I don't have my headphones on, they're on now. My name is Justelle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon.
Speaker 2: Robin Dixon for me here. Yes, Yes, Jaelle's rocking her family. I know my family and reasonably Shady. Yeah, because of great right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So question, Yeah, y'all got some like drama. They voted, they got a president.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, Mago or something. So the governor DeSantis is anything? Yeah, I think the Santee Santa Santis. Yeah, he appointed the new president appointed her.
Speaker 3: That was his that was his pick. Okay.
Speaker 2: Her name is Marva, and I want Larry back. So Larry was the was the president that they fired. Larry had been there for forty years or something crazy or something crazy. And then they had an interim that Dessant disappointed.
Speaker 3: Okay, and now they have Marva.
Speaker 2: So there was a petition going around, yeah, from the kids saying no Marvin, no, no, Marven, no.
Speaker 3: Nope, she's in there. Really she's the president. Yeah. So he I thought they voted on her. They probably did, but that was like his they probably cheated. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: But she came from him really yeah. Okay, and she's problematic, like conservative or I'm sure something. Yeah, it was something that she's aligned with Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And as for a yeah, a historically black college that's problematic.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and she's a black woman. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But maybe they maybe the whomever approved it, voted whatever, maybe they think like, okay, well maybe that will help them get more funding or something.
Speaker 2: She's not part of the ninety two percent. I'm just gonna say that, you know, the ninety two percent that's sitting home because we did what were supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Yeah, she's not part of that. Over yeah yeah okay, right, yeah yeah, yeah. What we're ready to say. I wanted to talk about this is I mean, okay, I just didn't want to forget.
Speaker 1: It was something I want to talk about. Okay, But I'll talk about it now and then we'll get to the shady moment.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And you know what, and this can be my shady moment, okay, because this is a shady moment. This is a shady moment for the you know for everyone. Okay that is affected by this. How trifling is it that Elon Musk came up in this government? Yeah, fired a whole bunch of people, a thousand federal workers fired. And then when the back when he didn't like the backlash and how it was affecting his Businessesesla, he pretty much quits.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, And not only does he quit, he says that Doge is the whipping boy for anything going on with the government right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you picked it up right, So, yes, you.
Speaker 1: All came in and just started firing people. Yeah, with no warning, with like, no reason, no rhyme reason. Yes, yeah, No, you didn't even build towards it. You didn't like you just and so you and then you didn't like the response, yeah, and so you quit, and so you go back to your billions of dollars.
Speaker 3: But now these people are worried.
Speaker 2: About living, eating, housing, everything, that they're unemployed, and you're mad because Tesla's stock is in the trash can.
Speaker 3: So what I don't care.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's you should be worried about the cyber truck blowing up and all the recalls on the cyber truck.
Speaker 3: Let's worry about that.
Speaker 1: Sir, that should pissed me off. That really pissed me off. You were on a soapbox, Yes, ma'am. That's a shady moment. So that was my shady moment. Elon Musk, That ship was shady. Yeah, now you're living. Now you're back and you're stress free and everyone else.
Speaker 3: But he's.
Speaker 2: He's actually did he Well, he's actually he's not stress free. His paintings are still in a bunch because the whole teriff situation. He can't get what he needs to get out of China because Trump is is Did.
Speaker 1: You see the court there's a court that said Trump can't just assess.
Speaker 3: All these tariffs.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, great, Yeah that was yesterday. Well I saw that on the news like late last night. So yeah, I don't even think the tariffs are a big issue. Yes, and unless something has changed since since we've recorded this episode, right, So that was something that I saw on the news that yeah, there's some court that has to do with you know, I don't know, finance and consumer stuff and whatever regulation. They say he can't just go around assessing terrorists like that, and that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're not buying Canada. That will be not not not the fifty first state.
Speaker 3: Do you know how big Canada? You can't just make Canada a Statelish is coming out of his mind. I just want him to get bigger than the US almost.
Speaker 2: I want him to get it spray tanned right, Like, get that right, then we can talk about everything else.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can't get that right. I can't listen to anything that she doesn't have the spray Tanno.
Speaker 2: Baby, Holy, get your spray tann and your hair plugs allegedly. Okay, we're moving on. So my shady moment is Angel joe Ane Bryant.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, that is after your mom. She's named after my mom. My kids are named after their grandparents. Oh they are. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Corey is Corey Wade. That's my mom's maiden name. Okay, and then Carter is Carter Guy, and Guy is.
Speaker 3: My dad's name. Oh love that, Yes, Okay, carry on. So Angel Joanne, as we affectually call her Angel Jojo, she is.
Speaker 2: She's not home. She's not spending the entire summer at home. She's going to spend some of it in Atlanta and do internships in the medical field.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she.
Speaker 2: Wants to be a doctor's that's what she's finding out. She's doing all these internships in various different specialties. Oh okay, so she wanted to she her thing that she has fallen in love with in Atlanta are biscuits.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. She loves herself a biscuit. She has. It's in the calf. She loved that thing.
Speaker 2: She called me in the morning's eating her biscuit out of Spellman's cafeteria.
Speaker 3: She gained the freshman fifteen. No, okay.
Speaker 2: She she also works out a lot, and she's very much and to get in a six pack.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah, she's all about her summer body. Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So she was like, man, you know when we come when I come home, can we make some biscuits. So I'm like, okay, now, mind you, my grandmother used to make me biscuits. Like so, like, biscuits is a thing, right, But I don't make biscuits. But I'm like, okay, I'll make you some biscuits. So the other day she says to me, I said, Angel, we're gonna make the biscuits.
Speaker 3: And she was like cool. So I was eating. I had worked all Dad was exhausted.
Speaker 2: I had eaten, and it was time to make the biscuits. I called her, I said, Angel, she didn't come to the kitchen. So I made the biscuits. And then because I'm thinking in my mind, this child wanted to just eat the biscuit, So let me just go ahead and make it now because I actually want to lay down right, So I made the biscuits, and the biscuits came out and they were great.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm like Angel, she was like, she.
Speaker 2: Comes out of her room. She was like, I was talking to Granny Joe. Now, she said that, which is my mother. She said she was talking to my mother. I think because she wasn't talking to my mother, and she lied and said she was talking to my mother, because I can't question that, right, I think he was talking to a little boy.
Speaker 3: But it's fine. Like but she was like, oh, I was talking to Granny Joe. That's a lot. She probably talked to Granny Joe for twenty seconds, yes, and then the rest of the time was with a boy, which is fine or whatever. So I said, so, she says, what's that on the on account? I said, that's the biscuits. I made the biscuits.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh, you do what what I said, I made the freaking biscuits.
Speaker 3: She was like, why would you do it without me? So I said, because you won't the biscuits right. She was like, it was supposed to be a special project of me and you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I did it without me. I said, oh no, we're not doing this. I said, I can't care about this. The reason why I can't care is because I'm tired and you you're you're doing the big bag. You're eating biscuits every day. So I made you the biscuits. Eat the goddamn biscuits.
Speaker 3: So she wanted to be a thing, like a bonding She did say she wanted to be it. She wanted us to do a project. Okay. So she says to me, those.
Speaker 1: Are those are insensitive biscuits and I can't eat those?
Speaker 3: What she didn't eat the damn biscuits, And I'm pissed.
Speaker 1: I thought she was saying it didn't taste good. Those biscuits are insensitive sensitive listen, make them with her?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Now that that ain't how maintenance. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: What Okay, So that's the end of my shape. She's hot with me, but like we're really getting mad over biscuits.
Speaker 3: This is what we're doing. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, oh my god, I don't I'm borderline want to say I don't give a damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm gonna say I don't give it damn.
Speaker 1: Well, I would give a damn that I spent my time making biscuits. Yeah, and you're gonna call them in. You're gonna go the food is sensitive. Yes, she's like, those are insensitive biscuits.
Speaker 3: I said, this is whose child? And I'd be like, and you're inconsiderate? Like what? I want to know who's sound to be grateful? That part? Yes.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that though, because I would have started like a whole war. So I said, let me just back away from this. But I just want to know who raised her, because it wasn't me. I don't know who raised it.
Speaker 3: Ungrateful little fucker, That's what I'm.
Speaker 2: I don't cuss at my children like that, rather, that's you, Okay, I don't call my kids a little Okay. So moving on, this was like a little post it says and this is true. Yeah that The gay dating app Grinder says, if Florida doesn't stop passing homophobic and transphobic laws.
Speaker 3: They'll reveal every.
Speaker 2: Republican legislature and party official who secretly uses the app.
Speaker 3: What and I'm like today, Oh my gosh, don't threaten put that shit out there?
Speaker 1: They really said? Where did they say this? Because that would be awesome?
Speaker 3: Right? I love the threat, I love it. I love this threat. But are they allowed to do that? Now?
Speaker 4: This rumor has gained significant traction on a number of social media platforms, especially TikTok, so the rumor is in fact false. It first started doing the rounds online back in twenty twenty three, which managed to get hold of a spokesperson from the app, who quickly denied these allegations.
Speaker 1: Oh really, technically are they allowed?
Speaker 2: Well, everything's fair game, right, I mean reddits can do it. Reddit does everything.
Speaker 3: Reddit is a public forum.
Speaker 1: I would think grinder, oh, grinding some sort of privacy, all this privacy situation associated with it.
Speaker 3: Maybe sure.
Speaker 1: I just feel like if they were to do that, that would be bad for business, because I think.
Speaker 3: That they were they would take the hit for the purpose for the greater good.
Speaker 1: Right, But if but that's telling other people you're not safe here.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, I'm saying, but my thing is like again, we've said many times, if you gay, be gay?
Speaker 3: Why we hadn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you know these I'm here for that though.
Speaker 3: I would love that, would I would love it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, those people are probably like so be interesting to see if people start changing their tune.
Speaker 3: Yes, well they definitely ain't gonna use grinding no more.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's too late, it's right because oh, because your profile's on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh it's too late. This is so good, this is intriguing. This is a movie, right, this is a mini movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Robin, I just want you to know because I know that you like your twenty five cents twenty six cents that you get from all these class action suits. Okay, So Apple is to pay customers ninety five million?
Speaker 3: Do you already know this? They got Siri spying yes, settlement. I signed that. You did you signed up for her? I signed up for that. Have you gotten it yet?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's like they haven't distributed yet. I can't remember the deadline, but it was.
Speaker 3: But was Siri really spying on? Oh? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, I was highly affected by Siri what happened. So pretty much Siri was just taking everything that I said and just doing stuff with.
Speaker 3: It, like like like what Robin, what were they doing with it?
Speaker 2: I mean she was pretty much like, I don't know, So you're just gonna benefit. How much you think you're gonna get ninety five million?
Speaker 3: How much would Robin get? I'd say forty seven cents?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'll probably I'm gonna say I'll probably get like forty seven dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's not bad. Yeah, I think I'll get like forty seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, because Sarah Range was spying on you. But I had like multiple devices too that she did to me on So yeah, yeah, did you have to put all the devices? Say in how many devices did you put in? Seven devices? I cannot but no. But they sent it to me because it's like, according to their records you purchased. I can't remember what it was that they sent it to me. You're lying and said that you are possibly in this class action group and would you like to like, would you like to participate?
Speaker 3: I'm like, hell, yes, I was highly affected by that. They put you in that because you're in you're probably in like.
Speaker 2: A portal of people, people that are getting the three dollars. Yeah, yeah, probably so never spinal clash action suits.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I'm looking forward to. It's so exciting, is it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so exciting because when you fill it out and you're just like you forget that you filled it out, and then all of a sudden you get a deposit in your account for like forty seven dollars or checking.
Speaker 3: The mail like that is so exciting.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, yeah, I filled this out, Okay, I have two more things.
Speaker 2: So you know the beautiful model Linda Evangelist, Yes, she Evangelista.
Speaker 3: You're right. She admits that she is not interested in dating. Oh.
Speaker 2: She said, I don't want to hear somebody breathing, and I can identify with that. I don't want to hear you breathing. I don't want to hear you chewing. I don't want to hear you laughing. I don't want to hear you swallowing. I don't want to hear any of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be nice, yes, right, I just wanted to be quiet. Silent would be nice.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so women and men are just so different because we women just we just want our space and our peace, want our yes. Yeah, we want to do what we want when we want and not have to deal with other people. Right and then, but men they want to be like up under you and they want to like totally know what's going on, and they want to like make their presence know. It's just like it's so interesting I find I find. I mean, of course people there's some people who aren't like that, but I find that that is like the most you know.
Speaker 3: The yes, the dynamic for sure.
Speaker 2: And I think as women get older, we definitely like want our space, want our time. We don't want to be Yeah, I don't. I don't want to hear you breathe right, Yeah, yeah, I don't hear you snore right, oh hear any of that. So I'm with you, Linda Evangelista, me and you could you know, hang out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. She speaks for a lot of us. Yeah, I would say she speaks for robins. Okay, out of us, let let go, We'll go ahead. No, let's have a random question. Yeah, what do you do with your hair at night? I wrap it up, you wrap it around your head? Yeah okay, and then scarf? Okay, yeah, Now when you're with a male, do you do it?
Speaker 3: Do you wrap it?
Speaker 2: Depends on how long I've known him, Okay, yeah, but if not, then I'll like maybe put it in a cause I'm not Sometimes I sleep like this regardless, like a scrungey at the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But do you still put like a bonnet on or something? Do you protect it? Sometimes? Not? No? No? Yeah? Why? Okay?
Speaker 1: Now, I was just wondering, so, like, you know, I mean, I've been with one forever, so like I it don't matter what I do it night right right, right. But I know this lady who's been with her husband for over twenty years and she will not sleep with a scarf on her head, like but she's like, I.
Speaker 3: Will not let him see me like that. What Yes? And I'm like, huh. So her hair is never wrapped up.
Speaker 1: No, and she has like a short haircut, and it's like every time I see her or her hair looks nice, I'm like, oh no, my hair, no, would be all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I cannot do that.
Speaker 1: But the fact that she doesn't feel she's like her husband would like hate it if she had a scarphone and night.
Speaker 3: I'm like, huh. Oh. She needn't get needed to get a new husband. She's been with them for over twenty years. It's twenty years too long. Yeah, get a new husband.
Speaker 2: It's like wow, because at this point in time, he should be looking at you and accepting you no matter what. Right, yeah, everything, that's the whole purpose of getting married, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to like put up with all of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean most people, you you gotta show them that before you even get married.
Speaker 3: Yes, totally. And like he's farting in front of you, right, you got to smell his stinky farts.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, girl, And trust me, he's not like it ain't Boris Kojo that she's married, So okay, like yeah, even more so. Yes. Oh, And I was like I was dumbfounded because I'm like, if I was not able to wrap my hair at night or put it up or put a bonnet on or something protect it, yeah, I would look at hot mess every day every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're sacrificed.
Speaker 1: Like so you're You're like, I don't know what she's doing in her hair. It's so crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he doesn't care, like if he's rolling over and she's trying to get something he don't care if your hair is wrapped up at eight like stop it rights, yeah, especially if he's not Bores yeah or Idris yeah or the other IDEs. So like my little cutie pie dame soon yeah, damn soon, damnson that he's about to come out in a new movie with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 3: Oh he looks good. Really? Yes? Is there action and guns involved?
Speaker 2: I think it's race car driving? Okay, yeah, I think it's something like that. But anyway, he's looking good. But by the way, there is a show I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 3: I can't remember it right now. It'll come to me. Have you seen Sinners yet? Okay? So no, I haven't seen Center neither, but I hear okay.
Speaker 2: Oh this don't want to say Sinners is with the Doce anxiety song? Oh yes, so I will Okay, wait a minute, Okay, because we've all Robin and I have established I had to call Romber one day because I've been saying one time on the podcast that the anxiety song gives her anxiety.
Speaker 3: Listen to that song gives her anxiety. And let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I was dropping down street one day and I heard the song that shit gave me anxiety. I got nervous, exact risen, I said, why am I breaking past to just say right? So I called Robin and I said, Robert, that song gives me anxiety.
Speaker 3: It is the it is the.
Speaker 1: Song for sinners. Oh and Centers is a scary movie. Yes, so it makes I mean.
Speaker 3: We love Jochi. I don't love her. I don't know anything about her. Oh no, it's that song.
Speaker 2: She has another song that I really like, the anxiety song. I'll be turning that thing off quick, awful.
Speaker 1: Is there are there any other songs that you can think of, like I have a couple over like your life that when they come on, you're just like, no, okay, I have to okay, rump shaker.
Speaker 3: All I want to do is a why. I just think it's horrible.
Speaker 2: It's really do you know what The girl in that video is married to Bobby Brown? No, yeah, that's her?
Speaker 3: Oh really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh I don't think I'm making that up. I think that's true. Okay, Yeah, okay, that's random. Yeah shaker, horrible song. Yeah, it's actually a good song. No, it's horrible one. That's part of my college experience, I know, but that was one where I was like I turned off.
Speaker 3: And then I think I said, were you mad because you didn't have a romp at the time? Maybe that's what it is. I couldn't relate. You had a flat booty. Yeah, okay, you want a flat boody shaker. I couldn't relate. Okay, yeah, okay. And then this is how we do Oh yeah, that one I don't like. That's motel jeory. I don't Yeah, because they played it too much. Yes, yeah, and it was never good. Yeah, this is not how we do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anxiety rump shaker, and this is how we do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all in the same category. Done, do not play. That is in the building. If you want me to leave the plate exactly. Okay. So I wanted to read okay, wait minute, this one before I forget. Okay. So it's from our black Derek Dash. He says, Hey, ladies, hope all as well.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if I could get a birthday shot out from you guys. I'll be turning forty four on the twenty second.
Speaker 3: Did we make it? We missed it?
Speaker 1: Okay, so happy but late birthday, Derek. We love you, Yes, happy forty four us. I'm sure you did something fun? Yeah, does he say with white? Yes, I'm surely went somewhere. It doesn't say so. So hopefully I can get a wish granted. Okay, if not, I still have mad love for y'all. Also have a question for I have a question you could ask the audience and maybe do a poll on it.
Speaker 3: The question is, would you rather.
Speaker 2: Forget your past and only remember your future or forget your future and only remember your past?
Speaker 3: Hmm? You can't. You can't forget your future. Yeah, you can't forget your future.
Speaker 1: So in other words, you just want the future or the past, right, So would you rather remember what's going to happen in the future or remember what happened in the past and you don't have a future. Basically you don't have a future.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think I gotta take it the future that you want to remember the future, because that's like it'd be new memories every day, right right, I'm not just gonna stick to the past.
Speaker 3: The past. I did that, yes, is over? Yeah? Right, so I said the future. That makes sense. That's a hard one.
Speaker 1: So you know what I'm gonna say, the future because I can't remember my past anyway, Yes, you can't remember yesterday, yesterday, It's difficult to remember.
Speaker 3: I've even getten everything. Yes, yes, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Ask you this and ask the people like how much of your childhood and teenage years and early adult years?
Speaker 3: Like do you remember none of it? I mean like days, yes.
Speaker 1: Say like maybe like stuff that stands out, but like nothing like I And but what's crazy to me? So I'll ask one he remembers almost every basketball game that he played in, like he remembers how many points he scored, you know, the who won, like all that's happened. I'm like, and I'm talking about high school, Like he knows that he scored twenty five points against my high school.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how would you remember that? How do you know that?
Speaker 1: Like I only remember as far as my sports career, Like I mean, I wasn't great like him. I'm like, okay, I just remember I scored ten points in the championship game.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I don't know who we played. I don't know, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't remember anything. So I'm just wonder like did I fry my brain cells?
Speaker 3: Or is this normal?
Speaker 2: All of that that remember we've had we'd conversations, but you, I don't remember anything. So oh but mine is just like I don't remember last weekend, right, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I travel a lot. I don't remember where I go. Yeah. Yeah. When people were like, oh, how was your weekend? Would you do it? And I'm like, no, clue, I don't know. No, I don't. People will be like.
Speaker 2: Recently somebody ran down to me, like everywhere I've been this in twenty twenty five, I have no recollection. But I mean I know I've been to New York probably like five six times, but outside of that, like I really don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's sad. Yeah, so should we should we be concerned? Like is that an indicative of Alzheimer's?
Speaker 3: This is what I want to say. No, it's not. I want to say, we have more to remember. Wan present tense and Win is just remembering things from back in the day because he's not remembering it has nothing to do. No, I don't want to say it's something to do. I don't want to say that Wan. I want to say he has nothing to remember now. No, but yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I just feel like there's people who they can like recall, Yeah, they can recall parties and things that they did and remember this and blah blah, and I'm like, I don't remember that at.
Speaker 3: All at all. Yeah, like not even like I don't remember. Somebody asked me what did I have on?
Speaker 2: Like they were it was had something do with like the show, and they were like, yeah, Zoe, do you remember what I had on?
Speaker 3: The fuck?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I had on?
Speaker 1: No, But I do think sometimes if you remember an outfit, you can remember totally what you were doing, you know what I mean. But it's got to be important to me. Yeah, yeah, So maybe that's the problem. Nothing's important, right, all right.
Speaker 2: So this is from John Reid, and he says, so, I've seen an article that when Giselle and her girls are in the car, they turned down or turn off a certain white rapper. And I just wanted to say that I absolutely love that and it's absolutely shady in a good way.
Speaker 3: Yes it is. By the way, where are we with this white wrapper and us? Oh yeah, I mean it's still pending going on, still happen. I don't even know. At this point. I'm just like, just I don't know either. Just just let me know when we can just have our name.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Then he says, Robin, I was curious if there are anyone you turn off on the radio that you refuse to listen to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just talked about that, adult. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you know, in addition to the songs I just mentioned, don't come for me, people don't, okay, come for me. This is just my I have another person too, Okay, okay, this is my personal opinion preference. I don't like make the Stallion's music.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna come for you with that. I kind of okay, okay, I mean, well, let me say this. I feel like after she did a song with Beyonce Camper was called.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah right, oh savage. Okay.
Speaker 2: I didn't even like that one, Okay, I like that. After that, I have not liked a song that she's had. That's number one, number two adultcha cat, I don't me and my kids don't listen to her because she was mean to me.
Speaker 3: To me, so adult, you cat. That White Rapper is a no.
Speaker 1: And you know it's so funny. I don't turn the White Rapper off. You don't because certain songs I actually really long the White Rappers suing us, Robin, But okay, you.
Speaker 3: You go ahead and listen. Get his downloads up. I've been like, I don't even look. I'm not trying. I'd be rapping right along, thanks Robbing. No, I mean I feel you though, I mean he's a legend. Yeah. Yeah, I'm trying to think though.
Speaker 1: Is there someone that like I turn off because like I don't like them or like I have a bad memory of them, Like no, but I just I just make the Stanley's music is awful in my opinion.
Speaker 3: But do you like sexy red and glow Rilla? No, actually you don't want glow Let it cook, let him cook. Yeah, I don't really like it. Cool. Yeah, I don't really get it. Saxy get it saxy? No, none of that. Take it? You like it? Yeah? I do. I do because I mean you need to ratch. So I'll let it play. But I'm not like like in tune. But you'll be listening with the boys all this Drake nonsense. Yeah. Oh, by the way, he's coming out with a new a new our project.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know he like came out with one recently and no one cares. Corey did that. He's the only one and that ship came and left. Drakard yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like he's always making new music. So like Glow Realer is sexy, like I maybe like it could play. Yeah, I'm not going to like play it, you know what I'm saying. I'm not going to choose to listen to it, but I just I just think I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna, Okay, I don't want to keep going. I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Meg Megan's she's good well in Robin's In Robin's world, Megas, we're done with Meg so and I hope that because it's it's tough for these these rappers when they get a little older. The new girls are coming right, yeah, so it's kind of tough for them to keep relative. So it makes you appreciate like a Nicki Minaj. Yeah, and even Cardi B Cardi. I think I think Cardi has new music, does she? Cardi got a new little boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Stefan Diggs is seemed not a good guy. I don't know nothing about this guy, Okay, Yeah, yeah, I don't like him. I mean, just yesterday they're posting him on a boat with apparently Carti was on the boat, but he was on the boat and there was like three girls around him, and he's like flirty with them and then he pulls out like a pink substance.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so I mean, okay, I don't know. She could choose better, go back to offset. Yeah, and he's a football player. He's a professional football player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, current, yes, yeah, it's a problem all right. So this is t Quarius McMurray to Aquarius. Aquarius McMurray wrote in and said, ladies, I hope all is well. I have formulated a theory about the baby on board sticker. If you remember, Robin has a problem with baby on board that are in cars because like, why do we need to know that information?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got We're going to drive different, right, Okay, so he says, the student driver sticker offers a useful comparison. Yes, the student driver sticker informs drivers that the person behind the wheel is a beginner requiring some tolerance.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: My friendly neighbor of Asian descent, who has been driving for over ten years displace a student driver sticker due to his poor driving skills.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's funny. You know what's funny.
Speaker 1: I have recently seen like older people with the student driver sticker, and I'm like, oh, those nice they recently got their license, Like, no, they actually know their badger.
Speaker 3: They want everybody to like be patient, yeah, be patient with them. Okay, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 2: While safe drivers like you too may not need to modify your driving behavior upon noticing a baby on board sticker, I believe it's intended to calm down aggressive drivers.
Speaker 3: And I just want y'all to know.
Speaker 2: Y'all, I've never said this before, but Robin is an aggressive driver, Like she really will drive fast as hell, Like I'm confused by it, Like why are we driving this fast?
Speaker 3: Don't ever get in a car with robbing my husband? Oh well, this is talking about you can forget what about you?
Speaker 1: I might drive fast. I'm not aggressive though, Oh you know what I'm saying, Like I'm still safe.
Speaker 3: You're aggressively slow. No, you're fast. You can't be one without the other.
Speaker 1: You can you can be fast, but not aggressive, Like I don't make other people feel like I'm like, uh, like up on them?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm only fast if it's like there's no no one around, no one around.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: He also says I would like to add contexts to the term unalive. Yes, the term is Yeah, we talked about unlive and like, where did the term come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He says the term is used as a more discreet alternative to explicit language that may lead to censorship issues, especially when creating I mean yeah, especially when creating monetized content on YouTube. Okay, that's how the use of it started. Love, y'all have a great day. Oh that makes sense. So if you say unlive as opposed to dead you're girdered or killed, then you get more advertised. No, I guess there's and you get censored if you used murdered, murdered or killed Okay, maybe.
Speaker 3: I guess Okay, Okay. Un alive is a nice way of saying yeah, same unlived. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But still, who started that? I don't know, a very smart person. I always wonder, you know, when there's like term slang or terminology we start using, like who is the person that started that, and how do they first feel about themselves? Like why don't they just step forward and be like, hey, guys, I'm the one that started using this term.
Speaker 2: Somebody came and told me that they started situationship really not me, but that person.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, no, you didn't. You didn't like this, but like you can, you can never really pinpoint, right, can you ever a pinpoint? Like no? Because it's it things go wild and rampant, yeah quick.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden they're just like a part of everyone's everyday terminology. It's like, well, where did this come from? Even like how people say like cap, Like when they say, oh, you're lying, Oh you're capping.
Speaker 3: You're capping? Like who made that up? Right? And where?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Why? Cap?
Speaker 1: I just remember one day I think the kids, I don't I would say my kids were probably like fourth grade. All of a sudden, all the kids were talking about cap cap Cap'm like.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 3: But your kids, I'm sure come home with some stuff. Oh what yeah all the time?
Speaker 2: Okay, funny. And when I use it on them, they're like please stop. They're like stop, mom, You're not that cool. Like my kids will be like no one says that, mom, But.
Speaker 3: You said it last week, right, you just said it. Well I can't use it, damn.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, he's chopped. They're like, what's using it wrong? I think chopped is when like someone's just like really unattractive.
Speaker 3: Chopped. Yeah, so no one's ugly. They're chopped. Okay are women chopped or girls chopped? They can be they can be chopped. Okay, yeah, this is not like selective to a No, okay, no, pretty funny.
Speaker 2: It's another one that they used because because I remember chopped and screwed, right, Like, what was that? That means like you kind of like ran through a relationship chopped in screw Yeah maybe I just made that up. This is from Alexis to Lane, who says, good morning Internet aunties.
Speaker 3: Are you happy about being an auntie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, good good, good, good good. I received that, you receive it.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because I've been using Thundercat a lot and everyone is like, yes, I love Thundercat Cat. Yes, I totally love Thundercat. So you know Thundercat I am. By the way, the FedEx man just drops something off it.
Speaker 3: And he's is it cute? No, No, he's not a super cutie.
Speaker 2: But like the UPS man, had he come, Robin would have had to meet him at the Dope. Okay, anyway, the waves, So I have listened to y'all since day one. I have watched Potomac from season one, episode one, and I constantly bicker with my coworkers.
Speaker 3: About why y'all are the best. Yes, thank you Alexis for holding us down.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to ask if y'all could talk about single motherhood, advice, co parenting, how to let your kids go with their father's people when you don't care for them, and vice versa.
Speaker 3: Okay, help us is out. My baby is.
Speaker 2: Three and I'm trying really hard with these people, but they just disturb my soul. Oh good, gracious, if you want my background, just let me know. But I'd love to hear from you too. It's hard having to carry all of this with grace, poise and elegance when really I want to crash out. Oh God, on the asses, she says, she want to crash out on the asses.
Speaker 3: Okay, love from Atlanta a Lexi. Okay, okay, So you have never had that?
Speaker 1: No never, no, No, I mean I've never right, even though one and nine divorced, I never felt like a single mom.
Speaker 3: Well did he ever take the kids? And then he did? Yeah one time, like.
Speaker 1: He like with his old when he was in a little relationship, he took the kids and I was just like, I can't My rationale was like, I don't want to keep them from their father, yeah, and do something that I would regret later on in life. Do you know what I mean As far as like like I want my kids to be raised by their father.
Speaker 3: I want them to and you know, be around their father and his family, and I want them to have that relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to stand in the way of that. Okay, I know it's very mature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I never I never had issue, you know, even though my kids might have had an issue, like just because they want to be with me and I was always very routine and I when they were with their dad, they had to do stuff, right. They had to like go to church, They had to go to church, talk to all these church aunties and have everybody like try to like hug them and stuff. It's like so that kind of what they were doing was the issue, not being with their father.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so Lex say, you gotta suck it up, buck up. Yeah, it is what.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be the one to stand in the way of allowing your child to have a relationship with her father and her father's side of the family.
Speaker 3: Like, because even though you might like them now.
Speaker 1: I mean, you might be able to work through it, you might be able to suck it up, but if you just totally don't allow it, then you don't allow her to have that relationship with him, and you just don't know how that can affect kids in you know, in the long term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you never want him to be able to say, your mama didn't let me take you, your mama was trying to keep us apart or anything like.
Speaker 3: That, because the kid's gonna feel certain kind of way.
Speaker 1: Right right now, unless there's some type of abuse or something like that that's going on, and that's a different story.
Speaker 3: It's a hell not.
Speaker 1: But just because you don't like them or they irk you or whatever, or you know, they might just be have different personalities or something like that. You can't keep your child from that because it will be something that in the long run you're going to be the bad guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, totally, But you can't make up things that the kids have to do when they want to take them.
Speaker 1: I mean true, but still, in the long run, do you want your child to not have a relationship with their father?
Speaker 2: No, you don't, you know, you don't know, and you always have to I've always felt like if you open the door for the dad to do stuff with you, then it should be reciprocated, right, right, And then that way you're kind of around yeah, right, right, right right, you know what I mean. So it's not like when you're when you take when he takes them, you're blind to it. You're kind of involved, right that you.
Speaker 3: Know what's going on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then at some point maybe there's someone on that side of the family that you actually feel comfortable with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and can like have a normal interaction.
Speaker 2: Yes, even though you want to crash out on ass. Yeah, it's okay, like you got it. You have to think about the love of your child, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, you guys, suck it up, be a bigger person, and in the long run you'll be happy, happy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And know that it's a long run. This is not.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: First, if the child is three, right, you got years decades of this nonsense exactly.
Speaker 1: Imagine when she's twenty and if she doesn't have a relationship with her father and she's she could be resentful because you didn't allow her to have that relationship. So, like I said, you just don't want that to be on you now, all right, question we'll get to another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, Robin.
Speaker 1: Do you have any products that you've like, recently gotten or recently used that like you absolutely love, and then any that you are like, oh, this is overrated, waste of money, nonsense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. So I love meda cube. So I got it from Priscilla. Oh the mask? Do you do the mask? I don't do the mask. They have a jelly a jelly cream. The cream. Okay, I think I have that too. You do? Do you use it?
Speaker 1: I use I don't use that as much as I use the mask, the collagen mask at night and you peel it off.
Speaker 3: In the morning. Oh really, uh huh, But you have the I have the tub like the pink in the pink thing. Uh, like the pink Yeah, it's a pink jar. Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's called it's M E d I c U b E medicube And I got it from Priscilla. Priscilla is a makeup artist. She's based out in Jersey, New York. Yeah, she's amazing. Okay, So tell me about the so and I love it. So I kind of use it sometimes as my primer, like a little bit of it because it's it's pretty thick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can use it like as a primer because I always like want it on my face.
Speaker 1: I've never seen the mask. Okay, so the mask is like this m No. You put it on at night, and it's like a collagen mask.
Speaker 3: So it's it's a cream. No, it's like a it's like a clear. It's clear. It goes on clear, okay, and then it firms up.
Speaker 1: It's not hard, but it'll like firm up, and then when you take it off in the morning, it's just like peel.
Speaker 3: Peels it off. Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's nice. It's like it gives your skin like a nice little like plump plump.
Speaker 3: Okay. Do you use it all the time?
Speaker 1: Not all the time, but I'll use it every now and then every now and then, Okay, but I do, like, yeah, I like their products, and I feel like, first.
Speaker 3: Of all, it's not expensive, and it's Korean. It's Korean, and a little goes a long way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, so I like, yeah, so I haven't used the I have it, the product that you have, I just don't use it that much because I just I'm a product chunkie.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's kind of a theme in this house. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna leave it there. Dixon's our product junkie. Okay, So I'm not Wan has a. He's into supplements now. So he said, like, all these supplements and one I would not talk about it. So I can't, but Robin can. It's a lot, it's intense, intense.
Speaker 1: Well, I got a million supplements in his house that wait a minute, wait a minute, just to keep art unopened.
Speaker 2: Right, the plastic is still on these bottles. It's like, dude, do you see how much shit you have?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: But then he's like, if you okay, and I'm done, if you ask him about it, He's like, oh my god, this is so good, this is so good.
Speaker 3: How would you know the plastic is still on it? You haven't used it. How would you know? A player? Okay? And then he said, just don't we talk about this on the podcast. So I did not say anything. You did? You didn't, right, I did, So don't tell him? Please thank you? Okay, thank you? Okay.
Speaker 1: So my product that I love, it's like, well, I mean a lot of products I love, but there's two, okay, so there's one I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not wearing it today. But it's a nail polish, that is, it's a nail polish. It's a system.
Speaker 1: It's like four steps and it dries fast in like within like two minutes, and then it stays on for.
Speaker 3: A week. Okay.
Speaker 1: And it's not gel manicure. It's not like it's just a total So what's the name Dazzle dry, Dazzle dry and then have a lot of colors, and like so I'm for me, I'm like, I'm only I really only use that now.
Speaker 3: And then I'm also finding that there's some what do you call them, not manicures, like nail technicians.
Speaker 1: I don't know people who do so people who do nails that carry the line. Oh okay, because like so when I go to like if I go to a regular nail salon, and like, I really don't even want to go to a nail salon and just get regular polished or get gel because the gael kills your nails, yes, and then the regular polish chips off in thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm right. Instead of dazzle dry as.
Speaker 1: Dry, so dazzle draw dry. It goes on, it drives fast, and it stays for.
Speaker 3: Like a whole week. Okay, I love that, and they have good colors and good colors.
Speaker 1: Love that yep, love dazzles dry Oh and my dice in air wrap? No, no, no, no, I hate the air rap.
Speaker 3: What's that? What's the air wrap? So the dice in air wrap? That thing is like four hundred dollars. You are a sucker. You just be buying all kinds of nonsense.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Do you even use your juicer?
Speaker 2: I have, yes, No, I haven't anything that has cost thousands of dollars. Okay, I'm gonna be quist my song nou yeah all this ship, no judgment.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm a consumer. Okay, you know what I'm gona telling you. The dice in air rap? Okay, what is for your hair? Yes? Okay, So I love the dice and blow dryer. I have that.
Speaker 1: That thing is a miracle worker. Totally yes, So I totally advise. And that thing is like five hundred dollars, yes, I got yeah, yes, but it's worth it. But the air rap is the one.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a it looks like a you know, not.
Speaker 1: Flat iron, but like a curler, right okay, and it's air and you put it next to your hair and then the air twirls, it sucks it up and it twirls your hair around. Damaging to me, that too, Yes, it's damaging. But the hair, if you have hair like ours, it's not going to stay, you know, and.
Speaker 3: It's has to stay in a curl.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah, like a nice like kind of like what you what your hair looks like right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, Like it's the curls don't stay. It takes forever. It's just so much.
Speaker 1: It's just not as convenient as they say it should be. Yeah, and the fact that it's like twisting your hair around. They say it's healthier because you're just using the air. You're not using like heat like plates and straight and irons and stuff like that. But I think it's damaging because it's wrapping your hair around, yeah, and you don't it's pulling probably yeah. Yeah, okay, so that's enough.
Speaker 3: So that's called the dic In air Wrap air wrap. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I would like to sell mine if anyone wants it, because it might work for your hair. So if you want it, I'll sell it to you at half price. At half price because it costs four hundred. Yeah, it probably costs more than that.
Speaker 3: I think I got it on sale might be five. I think I got on sell for four hundred. This is crazy. Okay.
Speaker 2: So the cell you ma the cell you maa like led like face thing. So I've I've been using that, right, I've been used it like for years. But I've been hearing like single social media like that they don't work, they don't add a benefit really, so.
Speaker 3: Like you waste the time. Yeah, oh wow, And you've been using it for you, I mean using it.
Speaker 2: I'm I mean, you know, I'm beautiful, So so it might be it might work, might work, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, right, So it's just hard to know.
Speaker 2: It's like everything that we do, like everything exactly is what's what's the winner, what's not? Yeah, so I don't know. But I have been taking these collegen pills. Maybe I's just talk about that and my So you know, wanies makeup artists. So makeup artists, by the way, can can give you insight. I don't know if people are really getting their makeup done on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: They're not just housewives, right, Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you that's a good person to tell you was going on dough skin because they're really able to assess, especially like Priscilla, like cause I don't see her all the time, so you know, a month, my go bye, I don't see it.
Speaker 3: Then she'll see me and she'd be like, oh my god, what you did your skin?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 3: It looks all good. So and she talks just like that. So I've been taking these.
Speaker 2: I started taking these collagen pills and she says it's made like and Janie, who's out in La.
Speaker 3: She says, made a huge difference myself is amazing. But it couldn't be delayed.
Speaker 2: They're called vital vitamins collagen pills, and I got them off Amazon.
Speaker 1: All right, but you have to take it with vitamin C. Okay, apparently those two go together like activates it or something. Yeah, all right, good to know.
Speaker 2: So this skin is by yat right, says Janie. And Priscilla and Priscilla, and they're up close, they're up close.
Speaker 3: They're all up in my pores. Okay, all right, yes very much. So, okay, we got to go college. I can't live. We've been talking. Hey, we've just been talking talking, all right.
Speaker 2: We gotta love y'all so much don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or fight Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady