Speaker 1: Hook The Boys podcast reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you baby free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brooklyn Boys Slice time for episode three seventeen and beyond. I love it.
Speaker 3: It's a lot before Thanksgiving. Happy belated Thanksgiving if you're listening the week after Thanksgiving, and then if you're not, it's like, you know, right, all that fun stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we are recording this here on a Monday night on December second, and so wow, we have a lot of talkbacks to go through. I'm just looking down the list here, probably three times as many as normal. So you guys had a.
Speaker 3: Lot to say. I got homework assignments done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either we were really that interesting or you were just bored, or they're leaven talkbacks.
Speaker 3: You guys went off for Thanksgiving. I'm sorry, all right.
Speaker 1: You could always feedback to us on the talk with the talk back through the iHeart radio app, all the other apps that you listen to at slurp.
Speaker 3: It was just like you got soup over there. You got soup, and I don't see any soup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just sucking in the wh oh I thought you were trying.
Speaker 3: To s my own d by the way. I gave up on the camera. But everything is like, uh, beigeous yellow? Why are you in the dark, dude.
Speaker 1: Just as I came paper, I walked into my living room to turn on the lights, to jump into my little Uh on the lights, yeah, right to my studio here this portion of my living room, and I went to go turn on the light and it went her up like, oh my god, light bulb blue. I blew a light bulb out. I don't know the last time I blew a light bulb. The light bulb remembers.
Speaker 3: Insert joke, hereday, thank.
Speaker 1: You very much.
Speaker 3: It must have been the light bulb's birthday.
Speaker 1: Right on que.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So I don't even know if I even have another light bulb.
Speaker 1: I don't carry.
Speaker 3: I have other types of lights in this house.
Speaker 1: That one is one of the old that's one of the only old school filament based incandescent light bulbs that I own. Everything else is on the Phillips Q with the LED two hundred and fifty six colors. So that my whole house is that except for that light behind me. So now I'm in the dark. My friend looks terrible, I know, but.
Speaker 3: You know you look batter though, well, thank you, well.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to listen to mark the slices. Don't have to see me or how bad it looks. But you know, this is an audio podcast until you finally give into my whims and make this video which I've been begging for for years.
Speaker 3: Now, you know what I am gonna do though, I just took a picture of you. Took a picture of the screen. What the hell? Yeah, so I'm gonna show how how yellow everything looks in your house. Show it to the picture. Hold on cent you and we've got a lot to get to here.
Speaker 1: Can we move?
Speaker 3: M h oh yeah, wait, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go.
Speaker 3: You're the one. Want to see the picture?
Speaker 1: Look at it after Okay, guys, it's deays.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know this already or if you can't tell, but I'm a Paison. I'm a proud Paison. All I'm saying is that I would have loved to go to the paison a palooza. And uh, you know, I know, I know, Brody, you're in the tribe, but that doesn't mean you don't like our time.
Speaker 5: Food.
Speaker 3: You know, that's our love language is what we do.
Speaker 4: We like food and uh, you know, talking loud and uh maybe some cuss words every once in a while. Yeah, I mean that's what we do. I guess what is what it is? Right, So I would have loved to go to Paisana, Palusa.
Speaker 3: I would like to remind people that being Jewish as a religion, you can still be Italian.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: There are Jews born in Italy. They're Italian, right, we call them pizza bagels, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, yeah, Italian is an ethnicity and Jewish is a religion.
Speaker 3: You could be an Italian Jew. No. No, Italian is a nationality and.
Speaker 1: Nationality right right, okay, nationality right, so you can be an Italian Jew?
Speaker 3: Right, all right?
Speaker 4: Jewish Italian guys, it stays again, there isn't O'Reilly's in Connecticut, so you guys need to just cross the border. Come check out in Oh oh oh O'Reilly's, and uh, you know, maybe hit Worcester Street, you know, go grab a pie, get yourself a pizza to go to Modern go to Sally's, Peppi's bar, wherever you want to go. And then when you're done, always circle back to Libby's and grab yourself some Italian ice maybe cappuccino, espresso, whatever you want, lemonicello, whatever, whatever, it is, just do it up, do it right, do it right down here in Gunwaven.
Speaker 1: New Haven.
Speaker 3: Next time I'm up there, I'm gonna go on the lust on the gun Waven. I don't I don't want to be threatened. Gun Waven, New Haven?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: I'm going to cross two borders to get to Connecticut, across the New York border and then the Connecticut border. I'm just saying, what do you do?
Speaker 8: What I meant, scary. This is Katrina from Portsworth, New Hampshire. I am listening to Slice time for episode three fifteen, and I'm just as bewildered as you are Brody about the clumpy thing. But I agree with scary. The first thing that came to mind was clumsy. And like you said, the guy is not very bright, so maybe he's just illiterate and doesn't realize that he is completely butchering the work.
Speaker 3: No, he meant clumpy. Sonny from Florida, first time talkbacker.
Speaker 6: I had to leave a message because, holy crap, the cowboy trucker finally gave his a clue to his identity.
Speaker 9: I love Willie Barsena comedic greatness.
Speaker 10: Hey Brooker Boys, Jessica.
Speaker 3: Who is Willy Barsena and how is that a clue to his identity? Now now we're we're more confused.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: You have to call, you have to leave it, talk back again for next episode. Tell us what that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, because as that was coming in, this one came in literally at at the same minute.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought it was the same person.
Speaker 10: Oh oh hey, Brooklyn Boys. Jessica from Chattanooga, Tennessee, commenting on episode three sixteen, I think the tip and culture is out of hand, especially with big companies. I'm hesitant to tips since I'm not sure employees actually get all of the money any size. Says no. If companies have been caught and is handling tips.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, I mean there are companies.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Over the past couple of years, there were a couple of companies that were nailed for uh par taking a percentage of the tips. But it's not a large percentage. That people are dishonest. Most people get the money.
Speaker 11: Scary and Brody Berdie and scary Scarodi Honey from CT Hearing that MJ from NJ is going through some tough times is depressing, but she mentioned that last week I felt like somebody took my heart and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears. And at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then a third guy walks in and he starts punching me in the grief bone, and I am crying and nobody can hear me because I am terribly, terribly, terribly alone hanging in there.
Speaker 9: MJ.
Speaker 11: Fermandel, Tough times don't last, but tough people do. The bee boys in the slices have your back. You are an eloguent, enchanting and daring specimen and definitely an individual that should be protected at all costs. Shoulders back and continue to walk through life like you own the damn thing. Never stop, never.
Speaker 1: Change words of wisdom.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right? Banmi from ct.
Speaker 12: Aarn cal sofload you here about the end of episode thirty sixteen about.
Speaker 13: Oh oh oh oh Riley's hole parts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're all over South Florida. I love O'Reilly's.
Speaker 13: I think they have I think they're probably the best for finding parts you need, because I've definitely, I definitely think they have really ship oh aftermarket ones that are not as.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the end of that one. Another commercial for O'Reilly's autopods. They should advertise on.
Speaker 1: Our podc They really should, especially since the average jingle and they advertise everywhere.
Speaker 14: Everywhere about this on slight time.
Speaker 9: We responded to my.
Speaker 14: How how can they regulate your garages if there's no hy because if you're not thinking, if there's no association, there's no board and there's nothing making rules. How is there a rule that you have to store your car in the garage?
Speaker 3: Just honestly curious, Okay, because the owners regulate that. The company that owns the community regulates that. And since I pay them rent, they get to tell me what they want. It's their property. That's why wow, I wrote it.
Speaker 7: Seribt C Team Youth Flash.
Speaker 15: Almost all war and definitely Europe has stay like spending time.
Speaker 1: Yep, they did.
Speaker 15: Actually, it's all we even the clocks a week or two weeks before us, so it doesn't make a difference.
Speaker 7: It's the six hours or sometimes.
Speaker 15: Five more steps spending fall or.
Speaker 7: Spring, you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most most countries do daylight savings, but they all do them different weekends.
Speaker 3: Right. The whole the whole point of my comment was that the football game would still be played at the same time. Right, England doesn't change their clocks at the same day we do.
Speaker 16: Right was really thinking from Cleveland by way of New Jersey. And that is important here because I still hate pumping my own gas, even though I haven't lived in New Jersey since I was twenty one. And yes, anytime I'm somewhere with my husband, he definitely is the one who pumps the gas, and I try to avoid it at all costs.
Speaker 5: Slice for life.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you.
Speaker 3: I don't blame I don't blame By the way, telling us that you haven't pumped gus since you were twenty one doesn't tell us how long that's been. I'm gonna say you said I haven't. I haven't pumped my guests in eleven years, all right, So well we know it's a few years, but still doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: How old do you think? I see I she's thirty. I feel she I feel like she's all scary.
Speaker 3: He's met him, big mistake. No, I feel what a woman? You say? Twenty nine?
Speaker 1: Okay? Either way, Okay, So I just I just think that with this the gas pumping thing, once you get used to it, and you just and you move somewhere else. I feel for you, I really do.
Speaker 3: You gotta when I take a road trip, don't get out and pump my guy. It's the worst one. It's cold. You know what I felt bad today? I went to Bjay's. I say, oh, I said, I said, I went to BJ's. BJ's gas right now is two seventy seven, right, so the best anywhere else is to ninety nine. So I filled up while I was there. But I felt bad because it was like twenty something degrees at the time. And you know, after I give him the card, he gives me back to card. I rolled the window up, like, no, you're out there. I'm in here. But then you said I felt bad. He was like, going, here's your card. I'm like, oh good, I got the heater on because I turned my engine off. When I'm getting gas to seventy seven. You got a half a tank of water. No, dude, I can't believe the gas is that cheap. You have to be a member of BJ so there's a discount. Costco gas also is the same thing. Costco gas. You have to be a member of Costco and as a member, one of your benefits is cheap gas, perfect, less expensive gas, perfect for my car. That you guys a crucified.
Speaker 1: You would all crucify me because remember I told you I was putting eighty seven in my BMW, and half the slices like ripped me a new one, saying that it's all about the performance and I needed at least eighty nine, if not ninety three.
Speaker 3: But okay, no, my problem is to let your car run. In fact, scared, I called Scared yesterday and he's like, hold on, body, I'm getting guests. I said, turn your engine off.
Speaker 17: So he's like, all right, thank you from Cleveland here.
Speaker 5: You know what jingle used to always.
Speaker 16: Bother me when I was a kid.
Speaker 5: One eight hundred mat e t r e S one.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred mattress.
Speaker 16: You didn't even spell mattress correctly. I know you can only have seven numbers, but you've literally left off the last S and mattress.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on. First of all, we have a new top caller here, right, because she's great. But here's the thing. They used to say, it's eight hundred mattress leave off the last s for savings. That was this slogan.
Speaker 1: That was this slogan.
Speaker 3: But what I always used to say, and I was a kid back then when I used to see the commercials, I go, wait a minute. If they leave off the last desk for savings, they're leaving off the savings. How do you have an extras for savings and leave off the last desk that's for savings that you're not getting because they left it off. That's a terrible campaign, although I remember it, terrible campaign.
Speaker 5: Je uh.
Speaker 12: On the slight time, I got to talk about the blackout plates in Ohio. So actually, in Florida, we have really cool Miami heat plates.
Speaker 5: Look those up.
Speaker 12: They use the vice colors from the heat and a lot of people put them on their sports cars, even if they're not.
Speaker 5: Heat fans, just because they look so sick.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll google those brook Boys. Who was that bro?
Speaker 1: Just talk all over them? You told me to google it, Google google it. But you could do that silently. You don't have to yell.
Speaker 3: I found it.
Speaker 18: I found it, Hey, Brooklyn Boys. Is Maria from Union City. So this homework is a weekly, but the jingle is from your local township. This is one for me. Vamayo and Riki's frontier it was a steakhouse on Kennedy Bills, right on thirteenth Street in Union City.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, that's.
Speaker 18: It all right, Love you guys.
Speaker 19: Bye.
Speaker 3: That's hysterical. As someone who doesn't speak Spanish that well, I heard kabayo. So either they were saying ride your horse down to the steakhouse or come get a horse steak. God was horse. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 7: I love.
Speaker 20: Hi, bie boys, it's Rifka. I'm a homestead today and yesterday, and I've been listening to old episodes.
Speaker 5: Brodie.
Speaker 20: I was listening to episode one of nine, the one where your daughter's scarf was stuck by the ride, and I was just dying laughing because everyone's like, we're going to try to find it, and You're like, it's not fucking lost. Oh my gosh, it's such a great up episode.
Speaker 5: I love listening to old episodes.
Speaker 20: I wish I was sick all the fucking time so I can.
Speaker 5: Just stay home and listen to anyway.
Speaker 20: The whole reason why I was making this talkback was to tell you how much I appreciate you guys, and how much I love you guys. And these episodes are really, really making my sick days really really fun, and I'm anxiously awaiting a new episode. I keep refreshing the podcast app on my phone. I'm like, where the fuck is a new episode should get out of? Thank you guys, bye hey.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, Rifka, thank you for the call. Rifka mentioned she loves going back and listening to old episodes. I had a thought that I ran by Scary and Scared thought it was a pretty good idea that when we're on vacation in December, because not everyone slices, we know you listen from episode zero. We know, we know, but a lot of new listeners may not know what episodes to go back and listen, or they they're like, I don't want to go back, it's three hundred episodes whatever, Scary and Eye. I may pick an episode each and repost like a Brodie, pick a scary pick while we're on vacation, so that if you are not familiar with all three hundred and seventeen episodes as I'm speaking, you might go, oh, episode one thirteen, this is a good one, right, So like the one where the woman farted on her husband's dick. Yeah, or the famous Still episode or the ups package or one of the classics that may be like, oh, episode twenty four. You know you're like, oh, I haven't gone back that far, so we may do that web those slices that have not listened to all three hundred and seventeen multiple times, just the thought.
Speaker 1: Hey, scary, why don't you tell Brody how great a smash burger is?
Speaker 3: That's smash burger? That was.
Speaker 1: That was Vinnie from Sales That'll slick Vinnie.
Speaker 3: I recognize the voice. I recognize the fact that that's his client.
Speaker 1: No, wait a second, I get to say any jingle now he said it.
Speaker 3: He said it, not me, Vinnie.
Speaker 1: You want to mention clients, get us some fucking clients in the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Don't be bringing you see one hundred clients in on our podcast.
Speaker 3: And by the way, he get me a gift.
Speaker 1: At least get me a gift card. I love smashing. It was the best black beanburger.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: The smash burger was awesome. He had a great dick. Now hit the jingle for sixty cents more you need yourself a better you get a better burger.
Speaker 3: Hit the jingle fuck you rock and Steve, I'm hitting the jingle. That was Vinnie. That was Vinnie from sales.
Speaker 1: That was not me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know. He gets a free pass. You don't hit that.
Speaker 1: I like him, you don't have to hit the jing Some Smashburger gift cards. I'll be sure to mention it.
Speaker 3: Love Smashburger.
Speaker 21: Hey, Brody's Scarious William from Alanda might be a free dessert story, might not.
Speaker 5: I'll let you decide.
Speaker 21: I run a charity alone with my wife and family called Feeding Georgia. Family is a refrigerative van need of repairs. Took it to the dealership. They told me a two hour fixed. Should have it back the next day. So long story short. Three days later, still didn't have it back. Told them, look that's how we do our pick ups for our charity. I need a vehicle. You're gonna have to loan me a vehicle. Since just taking so long. Part two coming Brody's scared away from a Liana back to part too, So they gave us the Ford F one fifty the first week, told me put fifteen hundred miles on it at the most.
Speaker 5: Brought it back the next week.
Speaker 21: They still didn't have my van fix, so it got a different truck, another Ford F one fifty, same deal. So for five weeks, I put fifteen hundred miles on a brand new truck each week from the Ford dealership and they finally got my issue fixed and all it needed was new keyfops And that's what took them so long.
Speaker 1: Wow, And why did they check that first?
Speaker 3: And are they going to roll back that the odometeros on those vehicles to fifteen hundred miles right right?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Why he got this cruise? Yeah? You get you get free to serve for the inconvenience of not having your van, and I hope I'm sure it has advertising on the side, right, so you lost advertising.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna help you didn't pay for this service.
Speaker 3: No, but getting giving you a van is not even You ought to get something for that. For the inconvenience. You gotta get, like, I don't know, five free oil changes something. Wow, they owe you oil changes. That's because you know what, they can write that off to the company anyway, They'll just say always warranted oil changes. Yeah, I'm thinking five oil changes minimum. Retire to the boy podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now I'm upset for him. I know that guy from before the commercials before the commercials, I'm upset for him.
Speaker 3: Now in Atlanta, he's trying to do good work, bring people food, feed the hungry. Yeah, this guy, Jimmy Carter helping people. Atlanta's got something in the water. Nice people helping you. Reggie's here, Reggie.
Speaker 22: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: I like the idea of a huge.
Speaker 7: Reveal of the David L. Brody.
Speaker 10: That would be great.
Speaker 6: It should be for something huge, something great. Yes, and I.
Speaker 10: Will provide the.
Speaker 6: Well I think you.
Speaker 7: My guess is David Liam Brody.
Speaker 6: But I'm praying for David Lovedicas Brody Leopold. Okay, I don't think any of us really know Brody and scary. I do think that if you're a major fan like I am, you know the persona they give on their podcast very very well. But I wouldn't say that means we know them in real life. What impression has Brody ever given you? It would make you think he would.
Speaker 5: He would take a dumb it's tough.
Speaker 3: A dunk it what? Oh, that's scariest apartment at my apartment?
Speaker 23: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The people that said, oh I should have I should have you know, taken a poop and you now you and never you're not that guy. That's not my human, that's not his again, class comedian, not class clown.
Speaker 1: Right all right? This one's from episode three fifteen, the Double Dip Flip and the poop Shoot, a classic.
Speaker 21: Hey Brodie and Scariest William from Atlanta uh Let's episode three fifteen.
Speaker 2: We were talking about get a scam text.
Speaker 21: I got one one time when somebody was something along the lines of.
Speaker 3: Hey, you want to go fishing like we used to?
Speaker 21: So I looked at the largest teams I could find online sent that picture to him with yeah, I'll bring my pole. For some reason, I don't get any more scam text anyway, A good day?
Speaker 3: Oh is it that easy? Just send them a lewd picture. You should write back, I can't go fishing with you because I'm in prison for murdering a telemarketer.
Speaker 2: This chrucktre setupment and I need cash now.
Speaker 3: Worth eight seven cash now?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That was a Curb your Enthusiasm episode. Stop sticking that jingle good.
Speaker 24: Connection for free education connection.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one, do you.
Speaker 3: I think you have to say, hey, this is Mary from you know, San Jose, and then say this is a jingle from a frontiture store. But yeah, lost seven cash.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: I actually went to them like ten years ago to give me a cash settlement and they said, no, it's too much trouble. Really, I tried. They didn't want to take your business someone. I want a lawsuit and the guy wasn't paying me. So I was like, listen, you want the rights to the lawsuit for a fraction of what I'm owed. They're like, now that guy's never going to pay. Oh, they knew the guy, they knew the case. They're like, that doesn't say I'm taking.
Speaker 23: No Brooklyn boys been from the Bronx, Brooklyn, up stick Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: I'm sure this.
Speaker 23: Has been addressed a thousand times by now, But Brody is wrong, scary.
Speaker 1: I said episode three twelve.
Speaker 23: I did in the beginning of Slice.
Speaker 3: Time for you not here episode three thirteen.
Speaker 23: You did not say episode three eleven.
Speaker 3: Okay, did you not hear three thirteen where I said he was right?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well you corrected where you corrected yourself, but you corrected by you admitted you were wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you had said something with the number. I explained it in three thirteen. Why I thought you said three eleven?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: This is from episode three thirteen, Move bitch, Get out the.
Speaker 3: Way, Get out the way.
Speaker 23: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this has been from upstate New York. This is also in reference to Slice Time episode three twelve twelve Scary you bitch. You definitely oh Brody a steak dinner. I think he redescribed the situation he's back that got him into mess with management and you and uh Greg t and it seems like everybody initial benefited from him taking a hit. Yeah, so somebody owes a mistake dinner and right now it's on you, buddy.
Speaker 3: I don't even have the strength to argue. Tonight I win. Thank you. We gotta up, we gotta push forward.
Speaker 25: It was the intro to this episode, this episode, no intro, Probably one hundred people gonna come man. Yeah, all right, yep, we are in Scary Where is Yeah?
Speaker 1: The intro?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the first minute or two of our conversation about the Jets game mysteriously got cut off when Scary uploaded the audio. So what we're gonna do for you on episode three eighteen yeah, is we're gonna play the first minute of the podcast so you can hear what you missed. We're gonna hear the best podcast audio we've have had.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna open the We're gonna open the episode, and then we're gonna go right into what you missed, which will sound a little redundant because you'll hear the theme song twice.
Speaker 3: And then literally fifty five seconds.
Speaker 1: Was cut off.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then you gonna go, oh, well, I could live it out.
Speaker 1: It right, fifty five seconds of the damn podcast was fucking cut off. Why it's still a mystery to me. I filed a complaint with the powers that be at iHeart, So we're gonna see where that glitch came from, because I on it. The team is on it.
Speaker 19: There beer, Hey, guys, broken here calling about the toilet thing. Me personally, I change the toilet as soon as I bought my house. I can't shit in somebody else's toilet. I knowssrooms that's a different story, and load them up with paper and everything else. But long story short, the only thing I can see is a pink toilet, maybe somebody doing like a retro project. And it's hard to find the pink toilet true. Other than that, yeah, I ain't buying nobody else's thinking toilets disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you video.
Speaker 3: If I would have known it was a pink toilet market when I got rid of my pink toilet from the house that we bought and we made it a white toilet, I would have I would have sold it. That was like one of the only things I haven't sold in my life. I was like, get that, I'll put up on a curb, let them take it away. I'm like, who's buying an old pink toilet? No way you will sell anything. But you know what, That's where he draws the line.
Speaker 26: Brody is scary. Never scary, and Brody this is We're from ct Man. Fuck do fundraisers, biggest Scamboni of them all. You want to give something, just donate. I don't want eighty five bags of popcorn and like three hundred pounds of cookie though. Now I'm all set. It's just like costcool and also scamboni with the cinnamon squirrel mixed trail mix, whatever the hell it is.
Speaker 3: Yep, right, I I got one bag of it for fourteen bucks on Amazon. I broke down.
Speaker 12: Brody's scary sofo ju here doing my homework about celebrities.
Speaker 5: I didn't know who they were.
Speaker 12: My first music festival was Firefly in Delaware in twenty fifteen, and he said, or, or let's go get a picture with those guys tent over there who are doing like autographs and stuff. I'm like, okay, So we go over. I take a picture with them. They're super nice.
Speaker 5: You talk to me.
Speaker 12: They compliment me on my hat and on my Hawaiian shirt.
Speaker 1: And oh suspense.
Speaker 12: And we talked a bit because there wasn't a line or anything, and yeah, ends up with the Chain Smokers.
Speaker 5: So that was pretty cool. I really liked the music back then.
Speaker 12: They're getting a little better now, but anyways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 12: I got an autograph on my on my hat and everything, because I don't think that's anything else with them to sign. So yeah, the Chain Smokers didn't know who they were at the time.
Speaker 5: It was early twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Nice good thing you didn't. They didn't ask you, like what your favorite song was?
Speaker 1: Ah, you know, I I just posted on my story A I don't know if you know the group.
Speaker 3: The group MGMT did the song management.
Speaker 1: They did a song called kids and Electric Field. They were rocking out with a keyboard at Wesleyan college in Connecticut. Well, well, Wellsleyan they were I guess they were students there. They had a keyboard outside and they're having like an outside students at the college. Yeah, two thousand and two thousand and three. The footage is from two thousand and three, and they're outside in the daytime and they're playing. They're on the keyboard, they're playing what the song as you know if you know it, it's called kids Enjoy Yourself Me Anyway, they're literally in like on campus and they're having this crazy dance party with these weird people all dancing, and it just says just a couple of kids not realizing they were going to have such a big song back in the year two thousand and three. So it's just and somebody had the foresight to film it. Huh.
Speaker 3: Kind of wild, right, you see it?
Speaker 2: Brody?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't looking up. Oh you didn't look it up, but looking up hegment, But I didn't look up the concert are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, it's kind of cool. It's on my story anyway. So yeah, so someone in two thousand and three had a camp. I must have had a camquarter with cell phone video. Wasn't that great at that time, and they've just basically were just rocking people rocking out and MGMT was just like sitting there and they were They did their song which was pretty funky.
Speaker 3: Did you did you ever see the video? There's a great club in the village called the Bitter End and they have concerts and jazz and small acts go there. It's a lot of fun. I've been there and uh, I want to say two thousand and four, maybe somewhere two thousand and four, thousand and five, this girl who goes to NYU is performing and she's doing led Zeppelins covers, really rocking out on stage. Very talented girl. Stephanie. Oh, Stephanie Germata Germanata Germanada.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you go with the names today Stephanie Germanada. Yeah.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: So they they filmed there like it must have been a French film. They're like, oh, film, you're Stephanie that again. I think it was four maybe this footage of this right, yeah, when she was in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So NYU is right by the village where we're the Bitter End is and she said, oh, I'm gonna go like an open Mike n Idol, like go perform and uh yeah, look it up on YouTube. It's been up for a long time. I'm sure it's still there. Yeah, but yeah, Stephanie doing led Zeppelin, Kim Lady Gaga, Lady Gaga. You never know who you're filming.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 5: Holy fuck guys, what I know? You only your commercials?
Speaker 12: But Osborne homes dot Com did anyone any other spices? I get that add fucking hell, I m has heard Osborne home dot Com ten million fucking dimes in thirty seconds. Holy sheet, guys, get rid of that ad if you can.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's our ad. Hey, hey, hey, we would pose the bills.
Speaker 1: Don't hate on spots is born Osborne Homebuilders for all your home building needs. Born. Sorry, we needed to negate the preceding talk pad.
Speaker 12: But no, he gave them.
Speaker 3: He gave them a reference by by complaining about them. All all press is good press.
Speaker 1: Listen. We don't know the commercial, we don't know the client, but if they're advertising with us, we love Osborne Homes.
Speaker 3: Yeah Builders.
Speaker 12: Sorry, I'm getting all my homework done and really quickly.
Speaker 1: Sing it.
Speaker 12: But I feel like for the buying you stuff, I wouldn't buy you. I wouldn't buy used matreses I wouldn't buy used betting like sheets and stuff.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't buy use cowels.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't buy nothing that touches your please.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think everything else is pretty okay.
Speaker 5: Used, that's all.
Speaker 28: Oh awesome.
Speaker 5: Probably wouldn't buy used fridge.
Speaker 12: If it I mean obviously you knew, like what Brody said, I an open box, but maybe like I used like freezer, like garage freezer type of thing.
Speaker 5: So that's another one.
Speaker 3: Okay, we see where he draws the line. I would buy a used refrigerator. First of all, when you rent an apartment, there's a refrigerator there. A lot of times you're use in a refrigerators that's somebody else's. That's like a used refrigerator. You just gotta scrub it, right, scrub that shit.
Speaker 27: Hey, guys. Jans Miami, episode two ninety four. He oh, Brody, scary, scary Brody. I don't think she got corner Brody. Remember she's an alien. She would have still her ground too. She's like, my man ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 3: But she let him go.
Speaker 27: But scary he didn't bring her nothing. Come on, come on, oh yeah, come man, comment right there?
Speaker 1: Oh, Episode two ninety four bougie boy buys a bad bootleg bathing suit.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, that was yeah. And then and then your girlfriend said she was an alien.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robin said she was an alien. Well, okay, thanks for that reference. Oh here's part two of.
Speaker 27: That brody scary James Miami. I just heard you say scary. I don't buy super naans, but you buy that bootleg bathing suit. Wouldn't that be considered supernera even though.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 27: Bother her something?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 27: You could have bought her bootleg baby matching baby suit that don't fit.
Speaker 1: Also, it does not fit. Yeah, thank you so much. That was the time that they were selling the mont Claire bathing suit on the beach in uh, when I went to Marbella, Spain. All right, thanks for taking me back, very good, taking me back to April. Wow, all right, thanks, thanks for listening to all their episodes. We like you. Thanks James lead by example. All right, this one is not registering for whatever reason. Abound thirty seconds of dead silence.
Speaker 3: That's a shame. Oh that's unfortunate.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Next, okay that one as well. Do we just lose audio altogether or is it this person's phone let's see.
Speaker 3: I don't have the text at iheartwork on that problem, Joe.
Speaker 1: All right. So they were commenting on Brodie's boner problem episode three seventeen. If you left your talkback on the twenty fifth at six o'clock, you got two in a row there strike strikes one and two done out nothing strike three here it is six oh six.
Speaker 3: Audio is not Wow. This person left several in a row six ' ten. Wow.
Speaker 1: It's so sad. Each one is like thirty seconds long. This could have been classic greatness. This could have been like the greatest talkbacks of all time and they're muted four in a row.
Speaker 3: Or it could have been Vinnie promoting his other clients.
Speaker 1: Could be.
Speaker 27: David Brody episode two ninety five, a reference to your Judo, your school friend. Maybe he was like, help me, help you. You know, you bring him on the show and then he returns the favor even though I know what you mean. You're trying to be had to come up, but you know I'm back, David Brodie, I jumped the gun. Fuck this guy? What wait, you gotta pay him?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 27: That's that bullshit?
Speaker 1: Here's my favorite about James from Minami Okay, so he's listening to episode Chill, episode two ninety five back in April.
Speaker 3: By the way, thank you.
Speaker 1: For listening to two ninety four and two ninety five. We need those the numbers on those older episodes. But like he's just it's like he's listening to it, and he's pressing the talk back button and just like saying, yeah, all right, I'm hearing this audio in my head and I'm just gonna say words and not really. You have to really, you have to be descriptive a little more than that, because I don't remember what he was talking about there. Do you use the thing?
Speaker 3: It was twenty four because we took weeks off, so you're like, I'm around twenty four weeks ago. We did that episode, right, I don't remember it. So I love that you agree with me, and I love that you say my name for us. That's awesome. But you kind of have to say, were talking about your friend. He wanted this, and then you said this, and I don't. So I'm glad. I'm glad you said, Hey, I'm brody, Hey I jumped the gun.
Speaker 1: Hey this guy FuG this guy. It's like he's listening to the he's like he's talking back, talking back to the radio.
Speaker 3: You know what's great is that he left the first message in the first part of my story, and then when I finished my story, that's where he's like, oh, I jumped the gun. I jumped the gun. I just realized where you were going for him. By the way, you have to worry about like jumping the gun. With my stories, it's always fucked that guy.
Speaker 1: Even if you think it's not fucked that guy. By the end of the story, it's gonna be fucked that guys.
Speaker 3: It's fine that guy.
Speaker 2: Boys podcast.
Speaker 27: We will be right back.
Speaker 3: We are motoring through these talkbacks.
Speaker 27: The Motor and Magative Brody episode.
Speaker 3: Ja again, he's back.
Speaker 1: It's a year zero.
Speaker 27: There's a but so zero, there's a year zero.
Speaker 1: You got a there is a go in order.
Speaker 3: He's smoking the good stuff. There is no year zero. The first year was year one.
Speaker 1: That's correct, right, But wait a second, when they first started that that count is a year. It was January first one, Yes, okay, yeah, I agree with that, right, Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I mean that's from when Jesus died, right. James still on that wacky tobacco though, sounded like I love it. Let's see, here's two hours later, and that's where the calendar comes from. That's why it's BC before christ ad after death.
Speaker 1: All right, ten o'clock at.
Speaker 17: Night, Broken boys, it's Caitlin from B Sure, so I figured, let me give the Affairs Show I try.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my god, like who James.
Speaker 17: The Afair Show. I was listening to episode one thirty where Ronnie didn't have eat in his apartment. So much going on, I mean, I thought, you guys go off on tangents left and right? But this, Oh my god, how many episodes? I mean, how many viewers listeners? Finishing my thought here? So like, how many listeners did the Affair Show have?
Speaker 5: Twelve thirteen Brooklyn Boys?
Speaker 17: Because I don't know. I only listened to one episode. I don't know if I could take enough of one. Oh yeah, yeah, I'd be curious here, but the Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 3: Smokes, thank you, thank you, watch themon call it.
Speaker 17: The Offare Show, love you.
Speaker 1: Guys, of course.
Speaker 3: Well that's one great voice. By the way, I was on a couple episodes of The Offair Show. I couldn't tell you which ones. If you're wondering what the Offare Show was it was.
Speaker 1: If you go before episode zero of Brooklyn Boys, you'll see a bunch of episodes of what's titled The off Air Show. But we left them on the ste We left him there because this show evolved. Well, this is a new separate podcas cast, But I was. I was on that podcast with the Jersey Boy Greg T, Baldfreak Ronnie and my friend Share Cassenza, who occasionally do speaking volumes podcast with.
Speaker 3: And then the show ate itself. Well, it's just it was chaos. It was not this.
Speaker 1: I like this a lot better because we're having real conversations, we're laughing with Brodi's hysterical, you know, you know, but it's that was a different kind of show. And if you've never listened to an episode of the of the of the Off Air Show, I slices, go back and listen to just pick a random episode.
Speaker 3: Ronnie would bring.
Speaker 1: His keyboard into the studio and he would like riff on what me and Greg T were talking about, and.
Speaker 3: Greg, yeah, all right, great, And can I say something about, as someone who wasn't on that podcast, why I used to watch them go into the studio. They would fight for forty five minutes before they started and then fight for forty five minutes afterwards, They fight about what they were going to do, and then fight about what they They can't believe what they did. It was the most.
Speaker 1: It was this disorganized fucking thing, and Greg T was I I love it.
Speaker 3: I love Greg T.
Speaker 1: But we we would do that in the studio every day after the after the mange, the big show was over, and we would just take over the studio for a couple of hours and act like idiots. And you know, it was it was almost like we were on drugs, but we weren't. We were on work time and we weren't drinking. And I have no excuse for it other than it was just wild. I grew up with Ronnie. I know Ronnie since the seventh grade, so we have our own chemistry from way back. And Greg T, well he's just Greg T.
Speaker 3: So I would just walk into the studio sometimes pretend I left papers over where I stand in the stand in the studio and I walk and I go, no, that stupid, just yelling.
Speaker 1: Yelling at each other at high volumes. I had a lover. It was a lot more people were saying we were too too loud. We could they couldn't take our voices, our tone because I was screaming at Greg Tea. My tempers were flaring. I had high blood press sure because of Greg T, because you couldn't control him. Props to Greg T.
Speaker 3: Though he had an unknown, relatively unknown band on the off air show A j mus have A j R. In the studio, but nobody cared it was booking them. He was like, no, you guys, your Jersey guys, you come on the show. He was ahead of the a Jar curve. He was, he was.
Speaker 1: It was just fun.
Speaker 3: Left wait a minute. Greg T is on was on the ahead of the curve with two bands in his life, LFO and A j R. Bands with three letters. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And we had some other guests that popped in andie, oh yeah, that's right. Anytime any guest was visiting Z one hundred in the afternoon, we Greg T was like, look, we would look in the middle of our own show. We would like look out into the living room, like there's so and so, let's grab her, let's bring her in, Let's bring in bb Rexa. We had like all kinds of weirdness.
Speaker 3: We had bb rex on. Yeah, but you tried to get Jlo to come in. That wasn't gonna that was not gonna happen. But but it was so off the cuff and bizarre.
Speaker 1: You know what. I've been afraid to go back and listen to those episodes because I think I don't know if they're bad or what people think of them. I don't know if they're offensive. I don't know. Slices, No, they're just they look and brodys on a few of them.
Speaker 3: He's on there few We had me coming. You're like bro had had Yeah, he used to have me coming to rant and complain. How did that turn out?
Speaker 1: Brodie would do rants on that podcast. That's how the part of that this was born. So anyway, we left them up there for your entertainment. Thank you for listening to the off air show, oh man, and we get the credit for the listen so feel free exactly. The Brooklyn boys get that now. But you know, we and we did have. We did have quite a few listeners, just not nearly as many as we have now. All right, Okay, it looks like the mysterious uh audio list person is back at one thirty two in the morning. This is well James again, because all this between James one two three. It's now one thirty nine in the morning, and you're leaving us talkbacks with audio.
Speaker 3: This is sad. I mean, now we missed out on good story. I mean they can't be pranking us, are they here? To twenty four to twenty four in the morning on the twenty six? Isn't that Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: All dead air? This is terrible three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Nothing. It's at twenty eight seconds of dead air three twenty three am.
Speaker 27: James from Miami episode two ninety six.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Wait, he went from two ninety four to two ninety five, and now he's back for two ninety six.
Speaker 3: He's listening in order.
Speaker 27: Hold on James from Miami episode two ninety six. Last time, Victoria, I have heard of a woman named who's white. Ivory. It was it was in wrestling, but she was white and her name was Ivory. Okay, and uh, keep up everything brought it in scary scared of Brody?
Speaker 3: All right, So probably a stage name. But Victoria, if you were remember the talkback you left twenty eight weeks ago, James is telling you he knows a white woman named Ivory.
Speaker 22: Well.
Speaker 1: James continues here at three twenty six am.
Speaker 27: James, I'm loving Miami after six Slice Time. I have also, like Brodie, not heard of anybody being offendive for no Way Jose. What the fuck? No no way, Jose, You're not getting offriendly with that. Yeah, that's snowflake ship play the jingle.
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: What was I missed that one?
Speaker 3: Something I said a story or something or somebody said it's offensive to say, oh to say or you said it told the story where it's offensive to say no way, Jose, no way, Jose, right, yeah, yeah about it. People were offended by that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: James was up late this day on the twenty sixth at three fifty two am. But here comes another one.
Speaker 27: James, Miami of six Slice Time. We're going to be all the talkbacks you want. I found Ammadian. It don't matter. We're here for Maddie.
Speaker 3: Maddie.
Speaker 27: Maddie, Maddie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is going off to this is sound. It's starting to sound like the off air show.
Speaker 3: Maddie if you left to talk back in August. That's what he's referencing.
Speaker 1: Oh good, six forty eight am, Brody and scary scary Jason.
Speaker 3: Well, by the way, it looks like that's where James fell asleep. That's where that's where to start episode two ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Now that's where the gummies kicked in, where the gummies kicked him when he started leaving the.
Speaker 29: Messages Brodian Scary Scary and Brody Curly Jason Jason Curly. Here one jingle that I remember is oh oh oh o zam big luc.
Speaker 3: Wait, Hey, thank you, thank you so much for that. That's funny.
Speaker 9: That's funny, Brodian Scary. This is Elmi from Ammy. I am listening to used toilet see conversation. There's actually a market for used the top part of the toilet that covers the water tank. That's once you break it. It's kind of hard to find the same one for your toilet. So you know, there's use for those old toilets.
Speaker 3: Okay, you could use it for parts see tak to talk to toilet toilet parts, toilet farts. No, it's araley okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Oh, here's one from four o'clock in the morning the next day, is it James's.
Speaker 3: Going to be? Who's leaving to talk back at four three am?
Speaker 27: Brodie Mimi no wajose complete an absolute stretcho negative. Ain't nobody getting offend in the Latin community with that? Thank you, no way, Jose, all the way.
Speaker 1: We have permission to say it. Thank you James. That was by the way it took. That was twenty four hours later on that one. He was worth not gonna call during the day.
Speaker 3: Is an overnight job.
Speaker 1: It probably does.
Speaker 22: Where is that Scary?
Speaker 1: All right? I don't know what that was.
Speaker 5: Or knel soflo juwe.
Speaker 12: About the whole TikTok the episode thirty seventeen, like how you're not getting your followers up.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest, like, I don't know. Your listeners are obviously a bit older.
Speaker 12: Like when I say older, I mean like probably upper twenties and older, if not even older than that. And partly like I never got TikTok. I never wanted to be on TikTok. I think there's enough social media out there for everyone to go for everything to go around.
Speaker 3: So yeah, TikTok is all ages now, it's not. I mean back when I made fun of Scary, it was a much younger crowd. I seized him for it. But everybody when I follow on TikTok is like thirty fifty.
Speaker 1: And even if you're not on TikTok, TikTok enters your world every single day when you click a link to a video, because half of all videos you're watching these days are TikTok based, so it brings you into the app anyway, So you're watching, you're watching TikTok, whether you are have an account or not.
Speaker 3: And wasn't it William Shakespeare who said TikTok on the clock because the party don't stop.
Speaker 1: Till till I walk in. That would be cashing. Yeah, oh, TikTok on the clock.
Speaker 12: So probably, like I think almost all your listeners do, just do Instagram and Twitter. But yeah, so I just want to let you know that I like, I know, I'll I vowed never to get TikTok. I just see people.
Speaker 5: Down like no tomorrow and we're just you know, I don't need that in my life. How many of my kids to see me doing that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: It's just another addictive piece of technology.
Speaker 1: It really is that. It is, Brodie, dude, hold on time out. I know a lot of this we should say for brook and boys, and I'll try to bring it up again. I saw a commercial on my TikTok of a guy scrolling but he wasn't touching his phone, and his girlfriend's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, how do you do that? He's like, look what I just bought. And it's a little button. It's an app and a button, and you could use the button in your hand to scroll TikTok. You don't have to hold your phone enough to use your finger. Oh, I mean, how lazy at that?
Speaker 1: Bad? But ultimately lazy.
Speaker 3: Isn't clicking the button the same as swiping?
Speaker 1: Pretty much?
Speaker 3: Now the phone could be like on the like away from you. We could have like swipes wipe less bacteria.
Speaker 7: Brody Heary Scary Brody at Dallas from Philly talking about the I honestly don't think it's a big deal toilet.
Speaker 3: I think stop stop what okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Love her accent. Go back and listen to the way she said toilet. I love it. She's a Philly right, Yeah, but it sounds like Queen's Scary.
Speaker 7: From Philly talking about the toilet thing. I honestly don't think it's a big deal to buy toilet. You think it's similar buying the mattress. You wouldn't buy a dirty, lumpy, stained up actress. Don't buy a croddy, nasty, shitty toilet. But if it's condition and it's cleaned and it's a good deal, buy it. I would say, you use public bathrooms and restaurants and hotels, same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't take them home with you and they don't live with it. I put in your car. Oh, I don't know as a favor to me as a favorite. Started play one more time.
Speaker 7: Brody scary scary Brodie at DAAX from Philly talking about the toilet thing.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Alex.
Speaker 3: I'm gonulna have to isolate that that's the best talking about.
Speaker 7: Toilet reggie here.
Speaker 6: So now that it's come up, scary, would you rather your friends ask you for your sperm or for donations for their kids' fundraiser? It depends, And would it change if the sperm was going to be used for food rather than a baby.
Speaker 1: No, no, you ain't getting my seed. I'll donate to your kids every time.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, if they want what if they gave you food for the seed? No, like her at a steakhouse.
Speaker 1: This is the non non starter, stop stop scary.
Speaker 6: The drink example Brody just gave you is exactly like the kid thing would you rather spend money on someone else drinking alcohol when you're not doing it, or give money to your friend's child. Either way, it's not benefiting you. If anything, you might feel good about the fact you donated to a youth sport, but the alcohol money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, given alcohol paying for jet ski Brian and a sex on the way Dave's alcohol is not going to make me feel better as a human being. I mean, okay, what do you want to Let's get a rise.
Speaker 1: You're talking to a guy with no kids and goes out parties with friends all the time.
Speaker 3: But the point was, but you understand the analogy. Now I understand the analogy. I just it's a double edged sword. I don't agree with the analogy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't want to go to weddings because you're not getting married. You don't want to give to kids because you don't have any kids. But I have to go pay for drinks because I don't and I don't drink the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: You're talking about different things, different scenarios for different saying you're getting fucked for nothing.
Speaker 3: She got a shirt that says Reggie here where else would you?
Speaker 6: I made love to many many men, often outdoors, in the mud and in the rain, and if a woman slipped in, there would have been no way of knowing. Okay, So I can't take credit for that one?
Speaker 24: Can anyone?
Speaker 7: Name would show?
Speaker 22: That's from.
Speaker 3: Brady Bunch Threes Company.
Speaker 1: By the way, that says episode off air show Awkward Bachelor Parties with Strippers, episode one.
Speaker 3: Why did she comment on that?
Speaker 28: Was that?
Speaker 3: Was that a comment from the seen this again?
Speaker 6: Reggie here in the eighties, I made love to many many men, often outdoors in the mud and in the rain, and if a woman slipped in, there would have been no way of knowing. Okay, So I can't take it.
Speaker 3: Okay, she can't take credit. Where's that from?
Speaker 1: Slices? I mean, we could just google it right here and figure it out. But you know, Brody's already he put on his glasses, he put on the bifocals. I see him on camera. Brodie's googling it. All you gotta do is type in like five words from that and you'll you'll come right up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Creed from the office there.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Brody first of all, scary and body Brody, scary rock and Steve over this was inevitable, continuing with the whining bullshit, you played the victim. It's not the same in episode another episode is I'm driving but with the kids, and.
Speaker 7: Then the.
Speaker 1: Seventeen. Because it's a ridiculous comparison, say that's the same thing. Your ass is the same as a fucking hole in the wall, Buddy, that's not the same thing.
Speaker 11: Over there, scary scary and body, body scary.
Speaker 7: There one more thing is still complaining about this.
Speaker 3: I just want you to know, body, that your mouth is disgusting, Brody.
Speaker 2: Your mouth is a disgusting, fucking best one.
Speaker 3: You get mad and makes me stick playing like edy ship But how you're saying that when you don't want to drink when they go out, you got a bet and don't go out and drink them.
Speaker 7: Don't got to do with his friends, bullshit.
Speaker 3: Rocking Steve the fuck is in his cereal.
Speaker 1: Continues to ship on Brody episode after episode. Oh my god, because there because rock and Steve gets it. He's rocking.
Speaker 3: Steve is a drinker, of course, and so.
Speaker 1: Were all my friends, which is more of the reason why I don't invite you out, Brody, because you don't mess with these people. You don't. You know what, I'll sooner have you hang out with my Brooklyn friends because you're more like minded with them, But my Hoboken friends.
Speaker 21: Idea.
Speaker 3: Oh but how about you invite me out and say, I'm sorry, guys, I can't have you come out because you won't mess with Brody.
Speaker 1: Why isn't my problem, it's their problem. Plus they're gonna have to give you a name. They're gonna all my The Hoboken guys are the ones with the double names. You know that Brody. No, that's like Indian Mad and Jetski Bryan and six on the Way Dave. Those are all the Those are the guys with the double names. Those are the drinkers. Those are the guys that party. Those are those dudes. Those you know you're you know, God, I don't even want to think about what they would what they would name you.
Speaker 3: I've been out with them. I went out with them for your birthday, didn't I.
Speaker 1: We went to that speakeasy whatever that was that yeah, burlesque show, for the burlesque show. But yeah, everyone was quiet, there was a show on stage. Everyone was all right, all right, Okay.
Speaker 3: Someone's got to drive those people home.
Speaker 1: Who'll get you again. Min Valdez is kind of annoying. I know he's a big fan favorite Bud Rambles and Rambles Eye.
Speaker 7: I canrobably understand the guy, and we should limit his talk back there.
Speaker 30: Like five in a roll on the last talk back.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, so annoying.
Speaker 1: Rocking Steeve over there, keep on rocking and rolling chow for now.
Speaker 3: I love that rock and Steve will complain that other people leave too many talkbacks when he's on his third lay. He needed that one to get his point across.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, we still got more baby boys.
Speaker 31: Christy from my parents took us to Canada for vacation back in the late sixties and we saw some local magic show starring some guy named Doug Henning. Remember later they took us to Broadway him in the Magic Joseph.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 31: I do love your famous pictures stories. They're great.
Speaker 9: Just keep telling them.
Speaker 5: I'm just like you.
Speaker 31: I'm a picture hound and an autograph hound. My favorite story is when I met Robin Williams and Billy Crystal. I have pictures.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, those are two on my list. One of them I'll never meet and one of them who knows Doug Henning was the guy used to go it's an.
Speaker 31: Illusion, Hey, Christy again. So I actually sat in front of Billy Crystal during Robin's Broadway show and we had backstage passes. But it was great to hear Billy cracking up at Robin's routine. And also, I would never ever purchase a used toilet. They are not expensive brand. Spank and you, and it is okay for Brody to win the tickets. He's no longer an iHeart employee.
Speaker 3: Thank you, all right, thank you, Christy spoke, thank you. But I would never ever ever qualify him to begin with in the first place. So security does this thing where he gives out his cell phone number, except he doesn't give out like a couple of digits, and then people have to guess the number. I already know the number. I'd be sure to win. That's what you can do about it.
Speaker 1: I gotta be cad. I won't play that game.
Speaker 3: If you're standing in front of him, we're scary and Brodie, all.
Speaker 1: Right, who we're still we're still trying to get to the end of this pile of talkbacks you've left us. We appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gave him an extra few days here with the holiday week.
Speaker 7: Hey, brooken boys, first time responder here.
Speaker 2: Andy's a bus driver.
Speaker 22: So I'm talking is scary, but not a first damn popcorn.
Speaker 7: So we're at Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 21: My sister in law says, hey, my niece is selling spaghetti dinner.
Speaker 5: Tickets for the Girl Scouts. She's like, we need to sell.
Speaker 28: Five or ten dollars a piece for I got to give him fifty.
Speaker 2: Dollars or like, just give him a fifty dollars.
Speaker 7: Fuck that, we're not buying those.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute for ten dollars a piece.
Speaker 22: Anyways, we might look at the gad they have tickets in case we want to eat spaghetti.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah I did. He's good spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Yeah why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So you're getting something pushing at Thanksgiving dinner though, getting something for your money. Oh what are we all thankful for? We all love each other, look at our families together. Yeah, my kid needs some money for some shit from school. So you're gonna pay fifty bucks, he continues.
Speaker 5: Here'm pushing Andy the bus driver again.
Speaker 2: There's no way that I'm.
Speaker 7: Not taking that ticket because you know what they're gonna do. They're only gonna sell that ticket to somebody else, the money fucking girl Scouts. I want the spaghetti. Probably not that good anyways, but I'm gonna eat it if I go.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you get them a fuck the girl Scouts.
Speaker 1: But they don't sell that ticket to you. They you know what they they sell to somebody else. You raise, you're helping them raise more money. Though you're helping them raise more money. Like if you gonna get the spaghetti, fucked that other people they're getting this spige.
Speaker 3: I'm my spaghetti. I'm taking what's coming to me. That's my thirty eight cents worth of spaghetti and forty cents worth of sauce.
Speaker 5: Get over here, hey, Brodyan's scarce.
Speaker 21: William from Atlanta, Georgia about the famous people you didn't recognize. Didn't really have that happen, But one time quite a few years back, I was in DC interviewing for a physician as a.
Speaker 5: Lost prevention manager for a major department store chain.
Speaker 21: Had on black suit sunglasses. When I came out of the store after the interview, my wife was there along with her little sister. They started walking like right behind me. Hey, wait from Alana again. So they started walking right behind me. I'm six foot two, about three hundred and twenty pounds, so rather large guy take up a lot of real estate.
Speaker 28: They're walking behind me.
Speaker 21: People are, you know, pulling out phones snapping photos. I'm assuming they must have thought these two were either dignitaries or someone famous who had just had recognized I wanted to get a photo off.
Speaker 1: But anyway, there's that. All right, thank you?
Speaker 3: Very cool. By the way, Uh is Wayne from Georgia.
Speaker 1: Uh didn't catch it?
Speaker 3: Play the call again real quick?
Speaker 21: Uh Hey, Brody and Scarce William from Atlanta William for Atlanta.
Speaker 3: So William has caught like four times on this on this Slice time episode. Uh. I love that. But his voice is very unique. He's like, here is William from uhn Jordan.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if if that guy said, yeah, I'm five to one, one hundred and fifteen pounds.
Speaker 3: No, that voice comes like he sounds like a big, powerful guy. He sounds like, yeah, I'm six to two. That's right, I'm William from I'm a football linebacker. He just sounds like a dude, Like he sounds like like, you know, like he's like, I'm six two and that's not a surprise to me. He's like, yeah, you know, I get a lot of shit because I'm only five to one. No you're not, No, you're now you sound like you're six too.
Speaker 32: Hey, Brody and Scary monacam here regards the Scary episode three sixteen regards to Scary, you know, not taking you to the Palosa Fest or whatever it was called.
Speaker 5: I think I'll have to take you.
Speaker 1: To the Juice jew Fest.
Speaker 32: Actually there is something called Juice Fest, which is a camping. I don't think you'll enjoy it. But there's something called.
Speaker 3: The match Kosher Wine and Food Festival.
Speaker 32: Just sit around, but I think.
Speaker 5: I'll have to take you to that.
Speaker 32: Instead of Scary. Because Scary didn't take you to no Italian festival, no offense or Italian food whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: Did you say the Jewish wine festival? They sit around and complain, Yeah I went there, you know, joke, what's a good Jewish wine?
Speaker 12: And take me to.
Speaker 22: Miami from three or five Just a quick comment feedback. For some reason, the volume was kind of low on episode three seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yes, included the audio.
Speaker 22: Setting that might have been off or whatever, but it was kind of weird listening.
Speaker 3: Sorry, about that.
Speaker 22: Anyway, We'll be having a great day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we may have to re release that episode while we're on vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something was really was screwed up with that file completely because someone else told me that the levels were off.
Speaker 3: At one hundred and seventy three million your your sound system. Of course more than one soda was going to make on free Agency.
Speaker 30: Brooklyn Boy, is this tea way similar to Sary not? Remember girl he met an hour ago when my wife was pregnant with my first son. She was considered high risk. But every week we had to get checked. We had to have the baby check to make sure everything was fine every week, or an ultrasound. So I met her doctor at least, you know, thirty times, and every time he met me, he introduced himself to me like, hey, I'm doctor blah blah blah every single time. And I know they have a lot of patience, they see a lot of people every week whatever. But I am six foot three, two hundred and fifty pounds black guys. Gary would call me my man with a big beard. I'm pretty noticeable. I'm pretty memorable, at least after the second or third time when you meet me every week, you should not be introducing yourself and saying, hey, nice to meet you, I'm doctor or whatever. And then, to make matters worse, when my son was being born, my wife was nine centimeters dilated, which is almost go time. Ye sorry, last one. So she's nine centimeters dilated, he says. And then this motherfucker goes to lunch, so he's gone for twenty minutes while she's ready to push a baby out, and then he walks in, no apology, no nothing, and the nurse was like, yeah, sorry, he was out to lunch, but like she's nine centimeters, she's ready to go. This motherfucker goes to lunch, so basically, long story short, fuck you doctor, lunch, sorry, last one. So she's nine centimeters dilated, he says. And then this motherfucker goes to lunch, so he's gone for twenty minutes while she's ready to push a baby out, and then he walks in, no apology, no nothing, and the nurse was like, yeah, sorry, he was out to lunch, but like she's nine centimeters, she's ready to go. As motherfucker goes to lunch, So basically, long story short, fuck you doctor.
Speaker 1: Long he left, oh he left the same. He didn't think the other one went through, but it did, so now he left it twice.
Speaker 3: Anyway, By the way, we have to introduce Tea White to William from Georgia because they're both around six two six three and they both uh, well, you know larger men. Have you said, so larger men? They might get along.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Ty doesn't live in we South, but still, yeah, I love that. Fuck you doctor lunch.
Speaker 28: Yeah, we're going on his old cowboard trucker here one more time, you Serie Barbario. You know, I want to extend my most sincere apologies to mister Scootie before I called in on the last last time for episode three hundred and sixteen, while I was eating my lunch and I had no idea that Scooty was suffering from misoponia. Please accept my apologies. I don't want you to have a mental breakdown or anything.
Speaker 1: I don't have me so Phonia trucker. I was just doing that on behalf of the slices who do have me so phonia.
Speaker 3: But it could have been.
Speaker 1: Worse because they could have been super team.
Speaker 2: Then you would have had to dealt with a whole.
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 1: So that could have been worse.
Speaker 32: You know.
Speaker 3: Uh, got your blessings there.
Speaker 1: Mister Scootie.
Speaker 28: You know, but I wanna playing on this whole thing where you're gonna go see Wicked and you don't want the kids singing along. And you said that it was kind of a natural thing that happened. You called it a phenomenon where everybody sings.
Speaker 3: You know, they can't help them.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 3: But you know what I called what I find funny.
Speaker 28: I don't know if you call it funny, ironic or a coincidence that when anybody says a word phenomenon, most of the people all jumptone and on them phenomenon, dump thone, phenomenal, dumptone, let on on. I don't know why that happened. Well, I don't know if I'm to think about there, guys, But anyways, have a great week and I'll see you lead got.
Speaker 3: He killed the end of the song. By the way, A lot of a lot of a lot of people have been coming on social media saying, you know, celebrities and movie theater owners like, don't don't come and sing at Wicked. We'll do a Wicked show where everybody can sing, but don't sing every show. People want to watch the movie. I have not seen it yet.
Speaker 1: I love the Wicked sing along times though, the designated times, that's cool. That's also a great way for a theater to make more money. And we're gonna do the same Wicked. This is the Wicked sing along show, everybody. We invite all the singers.
Speaker 3: I saw a great TikTok yesterday. Speaking of TikTok, it's uh, it's a it's a. It's ak. Yeah we were before, remember, Oh yeah. It's three scenes, one on top of the other vertically, and the first one is the original singers Idina Menzel and Christian Chennaworth singing uh, I think popular popular. Then it's the asked the glease singing popular, and then it's the current actress is singing popular.
Speaker 1: Sidi your Ebo and Ariana Grande. Yes popular, I know what that popular?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 28: I got to thinking about the whole pink toilet thing.
Speaker 1: You know, I cuted on.
Speaker 3: Lining did you slurping out of pink? Twilt?
Speaker 28: Bathrooms were coming back?
Speaker 1: And the style here?
Speaker 3: Have you long the lords or Home.
Speaker 28: Website, you'll find the only having one of those that's pink and one of those fancy one was like.
Speaker 3: They have in France. He's testing people's mesphonia right now today.
Speaker 1: I started that off.
Speaker 3: Four hundred and fifty nine dollars.
Speaker 28: That's a lot of money for a crap, you asked me.
Speaker 3: But you know, I find it in my opinion.
Speaker 28: You know how, I think it would be worse to buy a mattress because a mattress has got dead skin all the rip and how are you gonna get rid of that dead skin?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 28: A toilet, on the other hand, you know, it's made out of porcelain and you can clean it up pretty good.
Speaker 1: You know, it doesn't take much.
Speaker 3: He thinks he's bothering me with this.
Speaker 1: It's not. He's bothering some slices that have me some phonia though, by the way, he again, Ye.
Speaker 3: The mesaphonia jingle that we played once and then we got in trouble for it. Yeah we should, Yeah, well we'll play.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wonder if A seventy seven is still listening, baby, he'll complain about this at.
Speaker 28: All you need is a month, some rocks for some month, or some scrubbing bubbles, you know that stuff that it works hard so you don't have to You know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: It'll clean it up really good. And I guarantee.
Speaker 28: If we'll leave me you Rodrigo was filling her peak toilet.
Speaker 3: I guarantee.
Speaker 1: Seven would be the.
Speaker 3: First one in line the mine. You're not wrong, Trucker, mother, Trucker, Reggie.
Speaker 32: Here.
Speaker 6: My vagina has a first name. It's p uss Y. My vagina has a second name.
Speaker 22: And I can tell you why.
Speaker 7: Oh people love to eat it every day.
Speaker 6: And if they ask you why, I'll say, to mister David Brody, wit, that was it?
Speaker 3: That was different?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? All right?
Speaker 3: What is the rest of the song?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know to uh, mister David Brody, the guru of.
Speaker 6: Songs soup too, I need you to help me by finishing that song. I need something really grotesque as the last line.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she wants you to finish the lyric. She doesn't have an ending to it.
Speaker 24: Hey, brook boys, Jamie for here.
Speaker 33: I know Brody's speechless. He's like, by the way, the last twenty minutes of this has been the weirdest.
Speaker 3: Can you can you go back and play the beginning of her call again?
Speaker 1: Is the beginning by Vagina has a first name? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Play guy, yep, come on, do we have to.
Speaker 1: Where is it? Where am I.
Speaker 7: To? Uh?
Speaker 3: This podcast is long enough, Brody, do what we do?
Speaker 32: Here?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 6: It is Reggie here mine Vagina has a first name.
Speaker 7: It's p uss Y.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now you don't listen to it in your own time. I want to finish it. I gotta finish it. No, no, you're not gonna have to listen. I gotta finish.
Speaker 1: I got an ending cliffhanger. Why don't you do it on the Brooklyn Boys podcast? Well I get save that call then I will.
Speaker 24: Yeah, book boys Jamie here. I know I sound like, but I wanted to do this anyway. You guys were talking about social media and how there's so many that people can't keep up. A random woman on Instagram in a comment section was accusing me of lying about my age and all this because I didn't know what the app yuk yak was. Well I found out later yak yak was popular with college students a college kip. This is when I was pushing thirty, So no wonder I didn't write.
Speaker 3: It was like ten years ago and I used to be on there, but it was stupid.
Speaker 1: It was just there was it was weird pictures of nature and things like that, with just with with with people's sayings and things on it, and people would leave messages for other people. Hey, to the to the to the hot guy in the dorm at nyu hayden hall uh you know you were looking it was. It was a lot of like love notes and like random thoughts and people who were too too afraid to actually put their face and their name to their post. So pretty much anything went yik yak. Does that even still have? That's gone? That's long gone right, yeahs not a thing anymore anyway. Yeah, Jamie from Queens, get yourself.
Speaker 24: Some soup, Jamie, who sounds like shit again. I should talk about celebrities not knowing who they were. My grandmother had told me a funny story about this. My grandmother was featured in an independent documentary once they filmed her going to the ballet, and she said she could tell that other people in the audience before the show were looking at her. She came down the aisle and looking at her with the film crew and trying to figure out if she was someone famous or not.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you Jamie from Queens.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've written for her song now we're going back. No, he's someone to wait till till the next episode.
Speaker 1: The next episode.
Speaker 3: All right, yeagative Snoop and Dre. I got a positive ending and a negative ending. Okay, last text, Oh there's a text talkback. I'm delivery like just so just slices, just so you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm hilarious right now.
Speaker 3: I can't hear any more these Cleona Murphy. I'm not gonna say it is just you know that I wrote them already, so you're like, oh, we probably didn't write So the positive one, uh starts off with of tasting. Okay, That's all I'm gonna say. And the negative one starts off with of making That's it.
Speaker 1: Just all I have to know.
Speaker 3: Just know that I already wrote.
Speaker 11: Carrying Birdie Birdie and Scary Scarodi the knee from CT. You know, it's a shame that Scary had to go on his forty ninth vacation last week. I really wanted to wish the Brooklyn Boys as well as all the slices, a very happy Thanksgiving and thank you Brooklyn Boys for creating the greatest and I do mean greatest podcast in the history of the everdom. Slice for Mother ep in life.
Speaker 3: Thank you. That is a high honor appreciate. I would liked a little more pros, a little more poetry to how great we are. But okay, I take you, Donnie, Donnie, Donnie. All right, Wow that was a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: All right, you say that was the last one? Was that the last one?
Speaker 4: That was it?
Speaker 28: Man?
Speaker 3: Do we have to say? And now the last one?
Speaker 1: The last one?
Speaker 3: You weren't paying attention? Now it wasn't. I was writing a third line.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I'm gonna go snorted third line because I needed after this.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's not promote legal drug use. Who said it was anything? It was drugs?
Speaker 1: Could be something else.
Speaker 3: What are you snorting? Lines of baking soda, bacon soda? I got bacon soda.
Speaker 1: Let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: Speaking of how crazy? How crazy was it was? The uh, the substance abuse while you were in Costa Rica. I gotta tell you about the gummies they did? All right, save it for the I haven't written down this specific I didn't do. There's no no lines.
Speaker 1: The lines are in this song We're here White lines, originally a wrap about cocaine. It's about cocaine.
Speaker 3: This song the original song, White Lines, Light reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you. Baby, Decise
Speaker 3: Free Taser