Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of s Give it a mat up, friends, I'm the scat trends I want. Courtesy of Brian the Editor.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm just I'm just sundown in a little bit this Uh give it. I want to say morning, but it's three pm.
Speaker 3: It's three pm where you are, it's three pmm.
Speaker 2: You're still in that robe, still in a bathrobe forever, bathrobe forever.
Speaker 1: Bathrobe energy is us Like, that's a good just a good motto to live by. How are the egg prices down in Mexico City.
Speaker 2: Well, Jack, let me tell you. If I go waded out like cocaine, well yeah, either my options for eggs are I go to one of the numerous little little shops in the neighborhood and I can just buy as many or as few eggs as I want, and it's so cheap that I don't even know how much it is. Or I can go on Uber eats and have a man bring me a dozen eggs for forty one pass, which is roughly two dollars.
Speaker 1: Living like a fucking king down there. Oh yeah, I just I snuck into my neighbor's henhouse this morning and he shot my butt.
Speaker 3: With a shotgun in a fox dressed as a fox.
Speaker 1: He shot my butt with a shotgun, but it just exploded my underpants and I just had a heart underpants on underneath.
Speaker 3: But other than that fun and that's how we learned your name was Jack. That's right.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm Jack. That right, there is Brian the editor, the editor, the right ran the editor.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you you aren't the scatman, but you grew up with the scatman, is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The scatman was my stepdad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was all right.
Speaker 1: I guess all right, Brian and UH would love to keep talking about the scatman, but we have a bunch of terrible news to speed run through. Uh yeah, I don't know. This is it's just take take me back to the old, the old Trump administration when it was just a new outrageous fucking thing every day. But in this case, it's like five new outrageous things every day.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're really flooding the zone with shit, uh in this in this administration.
Speaker 2: Remember how like out of it he seemed on the campaign trail after the assassination, like he had just given up. And it's just like Okay, he's charged up now, Like yeah, somebody put the energizer, the battery in his back.
Speaker 1: This is I do remember, he like has those he goes in waves right where I think it's like adderall based and like he'll get to he'll actually like rest for a couple of weeks and like not be in the public eye and then come back and just be raging. And you know, it's like being in a you know, abusive relationship where you're just like going with the ebbs and flows of somebody's manic, crazy energy. But it does feel like this time, you know how like Terminator two is like the first, like the stuff that was wild about the first one, but like cranked up like that. This feels like the Crank two presidency of of you know, Trump presidencies GC Crank two.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I was a big fan of the the big middle fingers for the audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, anyways, that seems to be the Trump administry. One of the Trump administrations guiding principles does a big middle finger to the audience. They just paused quote and quotes trillions of dollars in federal funding. So this is after suddenly putting a stop to us for an aid for if you're not like keeping track of everything. They put a sudden hault on US foreign aid, which caused chaos since I had groups ranging from healthcare providers to land mine removers.
Speaker 3: But then on Monday night.
Speaker 1: I believe it was Tuesday morning, a memo revealed that Trump now is going to temporarily pause federal funding for everything.
Speaker 3: Basically the only.
Speaker 1: Thing that won't be affected is Medicare and Social Security because that would affect people like his age, his voter base. But disaster relief, medical research, shelters for offering safety for domestic violence, suicide hotlines, Medicaid, healthcare for the poorest people in the US. All the Medicaid systems are locked in all fifty states, it seems.
Speaker 2: And I wonder, Jack, to what end, Like what four D chess is he playing? Do you think that's a really good question. I'm sure we can just go read the New York Times to figure out the strategy behind this, because that seems to be what their job is now, is like you know what, So from this perspective, here seems to be what Trump is thinking. I've heard people suggest everything from this is just trying to speed up the collapse of civilization so he can do what he really wants.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, that's such an interesting thing that fandoms have created.
Speaker 2: Is your favorite whoever the fuck can do any old weird shit and the base will just create an excuse for them. They don't even have to try to lie to people anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, Medicaid portals are frozen, and yeah, even meals on wheels. Don't know if they can keep delivering meals to elderly shut ins. So way to stick it to those free loading elderly shut ins.
Speaker 2: Yeah here they put here, they put boots on all the meals on wheels vans. Really sad they might, I mean truly like that might be. I don't know what, like where where does this stuff? So I just to read from the memo. According to the memo, this is to assess compliance with Trump's executive orders, specifically relating to DEI woke gender ideology and the Green New Deal. Again, despite the fact that the Green New Deal was never signed into law.
Speaker 3: I feel something weird coming on. Jack. Just very exasperated SiGe. Okay, it's very exasperating.
Speaker 1: I will allow an exasperated sigh because that thank your explanation and no further answers your honor. That explanation is basically just like I want to do something crazy to see I'm going to ask you to do something crazy, like I need you to kill your friend.
Speaker 3: Fucking ear. All right, Yeah, so I know you're down, except in this case it's elderly people.
Speaker 1: I need to make sure that you're down for the colony to some elderly people. The memo also blamed trans people and Marxists for all of America's problems.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what a Marxist is anymore. Now, I can guarantee you they don't either. Quote.
Speaker 1: The use of federal resources to advance Marxist equity, transgenderism, and Green New Deal social engineering policies is a waste of taxpayer dollars. It's a So this is a blatant violation of the constitution. Seems like he's that's not the president's job to determine how federal money is spent. I feel like he needs congressional approval for that.
Speaker 2: Checks and balances like this, just trust in the system, bro, Like checks and balances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, balances. There are no checks and balances.
Speaker 1: It turns out because everybody seems to be going with the well, we don't want him to be mad at us like that. That's I forget the quote, but it's basically like a lot of the power that's given to, you know, authoritarians, is just like freely granted by people who want to like comply, you know, people comply in advance with authoritarian because.
Speaker 3: They don't want any smoke.
Speaker 2: It's like he's got the energy of like a vindictive like like an evil child in a Twilight.
Speaker 3: Zone episode or something like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they have super weird powers and the parents just don't want to like just give him, just give him the candy bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, the weird left turn ending of Looper where it just becomes about a baby, a child with superpowers for reason?
Speaker 3: Does that how Looper ends? Is the right movie?
Speaker 2: Surprisingly forgettable movie with little cultural impact.
Speaker 1: I know I saw it at first, and then they're like, and now you're on a farm with a baby with superpowers.
Speaker 3: For some reason, like.
Speaker 1: The whole third act is in that on the in that farmhouse with a child with superpowers. I feel like, am i I'm making Yeah, it's so weird. It's like a fun sci fi time travel premise that then like all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden, Yeah, I don't know why it goes in that direction. I don't know why we went in this.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, actually I do, because this is fucking terrible news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's terrible news.
Speaker 1: So we're just looking for and my brain reaches for any any place that I can go besides the news.
Speaker 3: We didn't even cover.
Speaker 1: Earlier in the week, when Trump randomly started a trade war with Columbia. Basically, Columbia was like, hey, could you like they've accepted deportation again. The Democratic Party when they were in power were deporting hundreds of people. They were just not handcuffing them and putting them on military aircraft and you know, going out of their way to mistreat the people who they were deporting. So the president of Columbia said, like, please stop doing that. We won't accept them if you're treating them like shit and doing it on military aircraft. That like adds a whole aggressive element to this. Brazil also were reportedly outraged when they discovered the people were in handcuffs, and Mexico denied one such military plane request to land. But yeah, so Columbia did the same. Trump basically was like I'm gonna do tariffs to you. That's like his his move, and then like it's kind of unclear what happened, Like a lot the story in the mainstream media has been and then Columbia backed down. By the way, it's worth noting that the White House's official press release spelled the name of the nation Columbia with a U, like Columbia University.
Speaker 3: So because of course they would. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really fuzzy thing because once again the mainstream media they vacillate between refusing to say.
Speaker 3: What they see and straight up lying. Right.
Speaker 2: So it's very unclear because I read I read the president's response President of Columbia, and it was pretty unambiguous. It was kind of like a fuck around and find out type thing. It's like, okay, hit me with terrorists and enjoy your very expensive coffee America coffee.
Speaker 3: President already started shooting up.
Speaker 2: Trump has won this quote unquote trade battle, and I'm they they won't really elaborate on what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they So it really comes down to the Columbia's only demand was that it not beyond military planes. Uh, and they say, we're we've now started accepting you know, the planes of deported people back when.
Speaker 3: They were sending their own planes, Like yes, so that regular planes, which is what they offered to do in the first place.
Speaker 1: It was like Trump was in insisting at the military planes. It's just like a fucking pissing contest. But because anytime there is a conflict, Trump will tell his version of the story, which is that he won. Everybody scared of him. He's the greatest and the strongest, and the media just seems willing to like print that right away. Like it was just I was like trying because a lot of people were like, actually, it doesn't seem like President Petro of Columbia didn't really back down. He just said okay, yeah, like I said from the start, I'm willing to accept these planes of people if they're not military vehicles. But the media just went full like Trump wins trade war with like using leverage because he's uh steel arvage talk. Yeah yeah, And they won't even say what the lever what leverage?
Speaker 3: What's the leverage?
Speaker 1: I mean, America has biggest military, most money, so in that sense, that's the point of violence. Yeah, violence, Yes, I'm gonna use leverage to twist your arm up behind your back until it snaps.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: That that is what we're calling leverage these news in the mainstream media. So I don't know, it's just it seems like a thing where people are just going out of their way to try and get on board wherever possible. Like it's like we've got a we've got a you know, the they used to the mainstream media used to like keep score, where it's like one for us, one for them, one for us, one for them, Like we need to do a story that Fox News would approve of so that they can't call us unbalanced or like men.
Speaker 2: And that's why here at the Daily Esite, guys, we we pledge allegiance to our benevolent God, King Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: That's right, and we do we do have to just say that every twenty minutes. So we hope you guys are okay with that. But now it feels like it's kind of a race to get as many stories as they can and that are on board with the Trump administration. Like I can just see how it's being justified inside the newsroom, where it's like we've gotta we've got to like tell these stories how they want us to tell it so we can then like do the real reporting when it like actually is important.
Speaker 3: But it sounds like something like kindle Roy would do. Yes, this is very kind behavior.
Speaker 1: It feels very a nation of failed sons. Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be back with more bad news. Yay, And we're back. And ice is so evil people are now afraid of ice cream trucks.
Speaker 3: This this headline would suggest that you give me a word picture on this one.
Speaker 2: Is ice out here in ice cream trucks?
Speaker 1: That's what I think is happening. And they're not like this is not a completely irrational People aren't being completely irrational. The ice cream truck in question, it's called the Las Vegas ice Cream Patrol. It is a ice cream truck that is painted to look like a police vehicle.
Speaker 3: There's like a little windows to serve the black community.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing, I know, right, there's a window with like little police bars painted on the side of it.
Speaker 3: It says Unit seven oh two.
Speaker 1: And people were understandably like, at a time when ice agents are actually raiding communities, people like watch out for this ice cream patrol. Law enforcement themed ice cream truck. It just seems like a very easy rumor to get started.
Speaker 2: And if you order a chube of choops or those those little pieces of mango with chili on it, you get fucking deported.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, all right, we got one. He's definitely an immigrant. He likes ethnic snacks. Like.
Speaker 1: On the one hand, it doesn't seem like there isn't a fit just because Ice is in the word ice cream truck. It doesn't seem like there's an official relationship between this ice cream man and Ice. On the other hand, if someone was like, there is an ice cream truck that is cooperating with Ice to like turn people in, this would be my first suspect because according to the person the ice cream man in question, he said he gave the truck a law enforcement makeover because he wanted something nice and clean and approachable that was safe for kids.
Speaker 2: Again, this truck does not serve any communities of any color.
Speaker 1: Yes, ACAB does include this ice cream truck, whether or not it is official.
Speaker 3: It's partnering with Ice, Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: Kroger and Microsoft are allegedly going to collaborate on making surge pricing a thing in grocery stores in person now in person instacart or something, yes, exactly, Okay, tell me more.
Speaker 3: I'm interest.
Speaker 1: So you know about the Into It Dome, right, So this is there's a new stadium that just opened up in La where before you go, you scan your face into an app and then you don't need a ticket. When you show up there, they just know it's you, like you just walk in based on your face which they have scanned, and then while you're in the stadium. It's called the Intuit Dome. It's for the Clippers, who are owned by Microsoft.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's still the owner.
Speaker 2: The Clippers their own stadium never right, never never mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Steve Balmer, who's like Microsoft big wig, created the stadium where it's it's that thing that we talked about that Amazon was promising, where like in the future, whole food is just going to be a thing where you like walk in, pull whenever you want off.
Speaker 2: The shown that that didn't work and they had an army of Indian people verifying all the trans exactly what they had people trying to keep track of all this shit.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming what's different now is that it's like a finite amount of time, so it's not like you have to staff it around the clock, so you can just have the people behind the scenes like working for a specific period of time. I've heard from people who have gone that like they're getting they're charging you for the wrong things. You get charged not in real time, like they send you the receipts like later in some cases they're like, oh, yeah, yeah, we saw that you got this. So I think they really are like going back. They have people working going back reviewing the tape because they don't have the ability to do the thing that they're claiming they can do.
Speaker 2: I just wonder why they keep trying this, Like what is the end game here to so here to have any employee well, because it's like you would think it'd be to not have any employees on site or as few as possible, but you're still employing all these people to do I've heard it's a cool experience.
Speaker 3: I've heard people who go or like it's weird.
Speaker 1: It's just like really strange, Like have you ever been to a shoplifting jack, right, So I'm like it's like unshopliftable.
Speaker 3: It's just like you feel like you're shoplifting.
Speaker 2: I think is that withten plenty of stores and just grab shit and walked out.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, yeah, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's cool, but that is a fun feeling. My way is cooler because I didn't get ability.
Speaker 1: But like, if you're ever in a stadium, like do you do you and you're about to leave, do you like get that weird like feeling like you're about to like you're like, oh shit, I can't come back in. I can't come You get that like anxiety of like once I leave, like I can't come back in.
Speaker 2: No, I've never had that because I'm always itching to leave a stadium.
Speaker 3: Let me talk out of here. Yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's this seems to be what the illusion of the Intuit Dome is aimed at, because they are announcing that they're going to collaborate with Kroger to make a similar thing with Kroger, and the thing that in addition to like a fun user experience, like a flashy fund user experience, it's Kroger has said that one of the things they'd like to be able to do with this is now that they see you coming and like are tracking you around the store, they will change the pricing based on knowing like who you are and how much you spend at Kroger, Like, so you'll see a different price than the person next to you.
Speaker 2: We'll see, Uh, mister O'Brien, I have a question. Yeah, yeah, Can I go to the bathroom?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Now my question is what do you think their distinction between this and price gouging would be?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. It's what do I think they would say?
Speaker 1: So, Brian, price gouging is an ugly term, an ugly term.
Speaker 3: We do. This is called letting the market decide. It's called surge pricing on milk and eggs. I mean that definitely sounds more fun. It reminds me of that from the nineties. That's right.
Speaker 1: So we call it mountain de pricing. It's do the do pricing where.
Speaker 3: You get to do the du prising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mountain berry refresher pricing and it uh yeah, there's no doubt. It's just trying to find ways to use technology.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, yeah, price gouging to me, like with extra steps.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I quote your president, the Mexican President on tomorrow's episode of TDZ talking about how they just explicitly say neoliberalism, like this version of capitalism that we lived under until uh till a week ago, and now we live under like straight up oligarchy, authoritarianism, that version of like neoliberalism, where like it's all corporations, like is just a way to find different, fun, interesting ways to redistribute wealth from people to.
Speaker 3: Corporate like upward basically to richer and richer people.
Speaker 2: It's a big straw and he's drinking all of our milkshakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what that is. How the entire system is designed. And when you think of the political parties as you know, designed to keep that system in place, then it starts to make a lot more sense.
Speaker 3: Like why it's impossible for.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden to do you know, why why we ended up with somebody with the futility fetish as president for the last four years, because like that the best if you if you love being like trying to do the right thing and getting blocked over and over again, there's no better position for that than being president of the United States.
Speaker 2: And I love this idea that you've had because regularly I'm show they talk about you guys talk about you know, the horse race aspect of it, like the sport, the sport. Yeah, aspect that yes, yeah, but one side refuses to block, refuses to shoot. It's just it's like you won't even try. They won't even try. It's it's so wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh yeah, Like there's a good article and I think it's Defector.
Speaker 3: And Trump is out here using a fucking ladder. Yeah, yeah, exactly. And it's like the heart, It's like the Globe trotters.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Democrats just are unwilling to fight back for some reason. They just don't play the game, as you know, for some reason what one side plays and the other side doesn't because they like view it as undignified or something. It's just like one long revolutionary war where like the Democrats are like the red Coats being like well not lining up in perfect formation and standing in front of the people, were trying to shoot at like with a drum playing so that we can like dance to it. Not doing that would be undignified. That's this is simply just how it's always been done. I need to remember when I was friendly with strom Thermot and it's like all the other side is mel Gibson with an axe running around behind you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was getting big patriot vibes from this God what.
Speaker 3: A fucking bad movie though. Yeah, yeah, I like when he stabbed a guy with the American flag. That was my favorite. He does do that. I didn't just imagine that. Huh that that does happen. He stabbed a man with the American flag. Yeah, I do want to look at a story. It's not on the dock, but whoa script.
Speaker 1: Pete hag Seth got confirmed as Defense Secretary. We haven't like a such a fucking shit fire hose that it's impossible to keep up with, but yeah, striking a blow for racist, evangelical, abusive, cable news hacks with drinking problems everywhere. He was confirmed as the country's new Defense secretary by the Senate on Friday only because jd Vance cast the deciding vote, even though they have, you know, enough of a majority that they shouldn't need that. Mitch McConnell is growing a conscience here at the end of his life, so he, Lisa Murkowski, and Susan Collins all voted against confirming him, and they did it that They did it because they knew that they still we were going to get him through because of jd Vance. But jd Vance for some reason pretended that he didn't know that this was the job of the vice president. He was like, I thought I was done voting in the Senate laugh crying emoji. The laugh crying emoji has been ruined, Like nobody were not allowed to use that anymore in public.
Speaker 3: No, I only use that in like private rib it text. Really, yeah, okay, I'll allow that. You do what you need to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll You'll never catch me putting that in like a tweet or something.
Speaker 1: This is the smallest margin for a Defense secretary's confirmation since the position was created in nineteen forty seven. But what a fun what a fun guy. Jd Vance. You know, it just seemed this is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you can just chill and have a beer with it. Seems yeah, totally just real salt of the earth.
Speaker 1: But I want to shout out Christopher Walken who announced that he doesn't have a cell phone.
Speaker 3: I don't have a cell phone.
Speaker 1: I've never emailed and can only watch TV using a satellite dish on my house. And it is the thing that I used to laugh at celebrities about, Like it specifically started occurring to me when there was there was that film.
Speaker 3: I think it was called like the Internship, and it was Vince and Google aed Google a where they get an internship at Google and ship. I forgot about this movie.
Speaker 1: And it's just so clear that they like don't know what like in the interviews and like press for it like they hadn't They've been They've just been famous since before the Internet essentially.
Speaker 3: Anyways.
Speaker 1: I used to laugh at celebrities for this, and now I'm just like, god, you know, I like Jenine Garofflo was like I never like went on the internet. I never got a computer, I never like got a phone. And now it turns out that they were all right all along.
Speaker 3: It's nice work my life after these people, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm using a form of exile that is very like I get to have my own thoughts in my head.
Speaker 3: It's kind of nice. Yeah that what what's that like? Your own thoughts?
Speaker 1: Well, shout out to Christopher Walking and all the all the fine people not on the internet, not experiencing this ship with with all of us. It's just nice to nice to know that they're out there, you know, living in reality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess that.
Speaker 1: Is a version of reality, right, just kind of not knowing unknowing about this ship. All right, Brian, thank you so much for joining on on this Tuesday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Uh oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course I thank you for joining. But obviously you know you're you're just doing it because it gives you a chance to tell people where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Brian, Where can people find you? Uh? You can't find me at your mom's house. That's right. You can find him at your mom's house, how about that? So how about that? So go find him there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know you're all about self marketing, so I'm glad. I'm always glad that I can give you that opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where can people find you? Jack who me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nowhere near as far as you can imagine from your mom's house, very respectful. You can find me on Twitter at jack underscore of Brian and on Blue Sky at jack Ob the number one and Jacob one Jacob won but spelled with a c k. But yeah, well, I'm sure it's sometimes spelled that way. And that is going to do it for this Tuesday Afternoon.
Speaker 3: We're back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show.
Speaker 1: We do have no trending episode tomorrow afternoon, and no full episode on Thursday morning, but then we'll be back with a trending on Thursday afternoon and.
Speaker 3: A full episode on Friday. But we've got we got some more stuff to do tomorrow. So yep, that is.
Speaker 1: Where we will be some good old fashioned and corporate bonding. But yeah, oh yeah, and I will be nothing like forced fun.
Speaker 3: Right not right, all right?
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, get your flu shots while you can get them, while they're still in existence.
Speaker 3: Don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye bye