Speaker 1: It's a lot of shit going on in the league too. Man, Man, we hear my man, Matt Man. We got Matt Barnes in the building day. Man, it's KG turned fid.
Speaker 2: Let's get it. Ye man, it's a bunch of shit going on.
Speaker 1: Bro exacting, I got I gotta say this for a kick it off.
Speaker 2: The youn't even say ship.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that the son's owner was a cool dude. Yes, I'm glad he was laid back. I'm glad he wasn't an old owner. I'm glad he was. I'm glad he wasn't traditional. You know, in language, it's about how you say ship. Right, I'm glad he wasn't traditional. Agree, he was super cool and it felt like he got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got it well.
Speaker 3: I think in the moment he was. He was really a fan in the moment, like he caught the ball, like even though he's an owner, he's got billions of dollars, Like you're sitting court side, like this is a dream. Being an owner of a team is a dream. I'm sure you know what I mean. So he's watching. He used to hoop, so he I think he just got caught up in the moment he realized that he had the ball, Yokis tried to grab it. You know, he takes it and then he gives him a small nudge. But I think Jokis took a page out of his book last night when Kde kind of gave him a little nudge and he got no the floppers, you know what I mean, come on, man, from owners and players. So but but but to your point, kg I talked about this on ESPN like two days ago, and although that situation, glad, he was cool and it would resolve. I just feel like fans feel so entitled these last handful of years to not only say anything. They started throwing shit, you know, at players at times. And it's crazy because and yok had said this, the NBA protects the fans more than they protect the players, you know what I mean. We're supposed to be the product, the asset that the you know, the thing to make the wheel go. But you're always siding with the fan. And I understand at it at times, but you got to protect the players, man, you know, you got to protect the players. And it's not so much protect us from getting hurt, but protect us from someone doing something. And then we having to react and handle that situation.
Speaker 1: So then the league expects the player to be in controul all of themselves in an emotional right exchange right, and then the league always bro, I will always hear this, man, The players gotta they gotta y'all gotta keep y'all cool when in.
Speaker 2: In everyday life.
Speaker 1: Bro, if you if you know, if cause an effect effect, thought, it's a reaction.
Speaker 2: Right, So listen.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad I sat here and I thought, Man, you know, if you had a Dylan Brooks in this situation, or if you had a Draymond Green in this situation here like this, this situation could have been could have been something totally different and would have would it have been?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't, I didn't go there, but I just you know, Joker doesn't have a.
Speaker 3: But he does. Joker does have a rep. Though you gott think Joker elbowed the Moors had some flavor, it's not the same rep as the guys you mentioned.
Speaker 1: You can see them like you see what I'm saying. Oh yeah, they huh?
Speaker 3: The complexion interprotection.
Speaker 2: That's that's a bar that we got that certified. Heard man.
Speaker 3: But I mean to your point, like I hate that situation took away from the fact that Jo did that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, he put up numbers.
Speaker 3: That game, and it took away from the greatness on the court that you know, both these teams are displaying. But you know, to your point, I'm glad that it just stayed where it was at.
Speaker 1: The dope part about the next interaction where was I think Joker coming on the floor to be consistent with that though, you know what I'm saying, like real ship, like like that's the if, that's the way we're gonna go, and then let's let's be consistent with that.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I love that the league was able to put those two worlds together and they work. Traditional owners are always on some hierarchy ship and think the shipped don't stinks sometimes and well your majority of the time.
Speaker 3: So it was good.
Speaker 1: It was good to It was good to figure that one out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think it helped to do with the Hooper, you know what I meant, he loves the game. The younger guy, like you said, this is a different generation of owner. Just good.
Speaker 1: I can see this owner coming in here with like a u uh you know, got a got a sports code on, gotta gotta you know something he had on the y Bomber and ship with Jordan's Like that's how that's where we that's where we are today.
Speaker 3: Today's owner is dressed like dressed like Nate.
Speaker 1: We're seeing the big man get back to a dominance that we haven't seen for a while.
Speaker 3: Would you agree? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And like like I always say, this man, it was at a point where the guard play was so much better than the post play. I mean, I mean even the four right guard play was such at a at at his all time hot man.
Speaker 2: The climb of Dame Lillard and the.
Speaker 1: Climb of Steph Curry, also the climb of Klay Thompson, the climb of Bradley Bill, like all these all these great shooters in these great guard complaces and then they then they going up to get the Chris.
Speaker 2: Paul Steph Curry. Bro, we're gonna go back on that.
Speaker 1: We're going to We're gonna have to go back in time and just really like because it's because there's some deeper layers in that and they got history and that's what we love but I'm watching for like us like it's it just feels good to see uh a joker and be I'm throwing cousins in there. I'm not even going to disrespect right these bigs that I see evolving the game.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying that we laugh.
Speaker 1: We used to always make this little joke about the dirt workout and the one leg, but they've been able to I guess combine it. You know what I'm saying to us.
Speaker 3: To be a big down, I think you have to be able to shoot, but it is good to your point to be able to see them still be big.
Speaker 1: I feel like evolving it though. Man, That's what I'm saying. It's not not so much pan. You know what I'm saying so much, you know, trying to on some gorilla ship is more like, Okay, I'm a gorilla, then I'm a finesse you, then I'm a I'm a Euro you bro, if you ain't got a yuro, I don't think you can be in today's name.
Speaker 2: Real shit.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw it the euro nigga from the post he can't faced.
Speaker 2: I was like, you won't fuck?
Speaker 3: Is that? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 1: I'm Anyways, I'm just I guess I want to talk about the conversation of just the growth of the big man and why now I wonder I wonder.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you know to your point when you first made it. You know, it's a three pointing in Guard League now. But even with some of the greatest shooters we've seen, like sometimes you're your jumper can fail you, but size and strength will never fail you, you know what I mean? And be Joker and a d are the biggest guys in the playoffs, So like you said, being able the ability to combine and shoot from the outside and shoot the mid post, but also just be the biggest motherfuckers out there and put you in the basket.
Speaker 1: But let me also say that if those three guys that we just named, or let's just say and B I always like to throw called Anthony Towns and there because he's part of their their same caught cloth and culture, right. And then seeing who's won the last MVPs. If I'm called Anthony Towns and I'm Anthony Davis, do you are my goals? I'm coming in next year. I'm trying to win the MVP because I saw him B do it. And I saw a joker do it, right. I ain't with that, So let me ask you this. But your big gotta be able to shoot a three.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He can't just be Diesel. He just can't be Matombo. You can't be a big and be that expendable like those guys are beyond. But when he's on the court, he either has to be effective with getting offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds and blocking shots or he can't be out there straight up. And that's when I look at Phoenix. I'm watching Phoenix, and I don't mean a go like this, but this way is flowing. I'm watching Phoenix. Yeah, sometimes play three on two like with your check with three on five, excuse me, with three guys out here, and these guys are just out here for energy, defense and rebounding. In today's game, you can't do that. No, you can't, because everybody's skilled now to the one through five. And if you can't do these one, two, three, four five things, you can't even be in today's Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now you have to be completely first player. I feel like it's going towards and we'll always probably have guard point guard shooting. It's going positionless, Like I think the European game was so far ahead of our game from a standpoint that they never taught the big men to go down on the block. They put you with the ball in your hands and go handle your business, you know what I mean. So now you see you see an NB do you see a yok with the ability of a guard, play making decisions, decision making, can run the pick and roll, can set the pick and roll, can post, can shoot, the three, can back you down and dunk on you like they have the complete game now, and you know, in order, I feel like that's the only way you can be a big. You know, you take it back to like you said, beyond although he's an undersized big, you can't just be a shot blocking you. You can. I'm not saying you can't because you see a Robert Williams, you know, and he's but even there's time where you can't play him. You have to be you can't be just a one trick and you can't be a one trick pony on just the defensive end for any position.
Speaker 2: Now, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You gotta be aby to guard on a reimed and then if you're big and you can't go dribble handoff, or you can't trail. You can't trail three, you can't be in today's and.
Speaker 3: Then move your feet because we're switching everything.
Speaker 2: That's what they do.
Speaker 1: They doing pick and rolls today. Get the matchups, the mismatch they want. I watched that, man, it took me a minute to like, I guess where we are now in time where we're used to that style of play. And I think the European game came into play because it won. It gets the ball movement from side to side. All coaches love ball movement from side to side. If one, if you get one thing we keep HARKing on. And you know this is I think what the Seas are having problems where everything's more on one coming down. I got it and first side on the strong side right. It never goes two weeks side and then it never comes back to.
Speaker 2: Strong side right.
Speaker 3: And that's when you're supposed to rebby. We know, that's when you're really supposed to attack. Get it from side to side and an attack, but you're trying to load. They showed the other night, or they showed this morning when I was working that KD was on the strong side, first side down with five guys like Guy gard him and five guys watching him. He didn't swing from one side to the other side and then got it back and went he went on the strong. I mean you could, great players can do it, but it's not a winning recipe man.
Speaker 1: And then too too much of anything, man. The Nuggas have adjusted to that. The nuggers know everybody don't haul you, man, get off and invite the past.
Speaker 2: He has no scenes KD.
Speaker 1: I think Kd's in that style of thinking, that the Brooklyn style and how he was getting off from the East Coast. I don't think he's adjusted to this West Coast style. Yeah, it's not that, you know, in the West Coast you got to get layups.
Speaker 2: It's more pace.
Speaker 3: But these motherfuckers him and Book don't get a break. You know, how can you get loose and get this and get that? And I mean that, uh, you know, Denver gets their points within the flow. You know, although they have two great scores and and you know Gordon and and what's the other boy's named, Porter Jr. Everybody's stepping up. They touch it, they get in the flow. Like Phoenix, I said last night that you know, Looker and Katie can't play good. They have to play great every single night because they just don't necessarily have the help or the ball movement to get other guys involved.
Speaker 1: Sad to hear what's coming out of Phoenix. And then we've been hearing this about three four years, if from being one hundred.
Speaker 2: You know, we're in the loops. We have a.
Speaker 1: Young guys in the league, you know. And then too, what I know about the league too, is when you are in the circles of conversation, you can find out what's going on in every every team and the personnel and how the dynamics of it. And I've been hearing this, man, I've been hearing this for a while. And yeah, I don't think that when you hear stuff continuously that one is made up, because some of it could be hogwashed.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's esteem.
Speaker 1: But man, I've been hearing this continuously about just how the young kid eight man and how he gets disconnected and how he he doesn't always stay engaged. And at first, you know, I didn't, you know, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't really really see it see it. But you know, a lot of times Matt. When I watch the games, I watched the bench. I won't even watch the ball. I watch off the ball. Uh, you know, I watched the bench and how they react to guys playing and scoring. You know, when the guy's on the bench and they really fuck with you doing dance day, they're in it, you know what I'm saying. And yeah, sometimes in the huddle, man, he doesn't look like.
Speaker 2: He's there, that he's engaged as as you need him to be.
Speaker 1: You know, when you hit the playoffs, man, it's a whole other level. You know, in the road, sometimes it's the twenty five that came on the plane with you and maybe a little a couple of sprinkles of a couple of fans that fuck with you. But but those twenty five us always like this, and this is all we got in here. Other than the fans. These are the two three fans. Ain't here gonna do shit, right they you know, you know what I'm saying. Like, we're in here, so you need everybody on the same page.
Speaker 2: You need a body engaged. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the matchup between Ayton and in Jokis. Man, Man, it's one sided. He hasn't did anything different. Though he's played him the same way for four or five games. Now you understand what I'm saying, Like, Bro, Joker's too good. He's too good. He's like guys like that. You can't you can't come down guard. Timmy can't guard, come down guard. She can't come come guard Zach Randolf the same way.
Speaker 2: These guys are going to adjust.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Guys who can actually change the course of a game, bro, like like Joker, Joker, Joker and Jimmy Butler to me, are imposing the wheel on the game so great that you either got the double team them very early, like when they get the ball, Matt, or you got to be super hyper aggressive, like where you're fronting and and I'm giving three quarter, I'm going high three quarter. This time I'm double team and I'm bro. Bro, he's coming there. He's not a nie, he's coming down. Joke is getting past the doning lines, posting up where he wants, he catches it. He's getting seven.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Let me let me explain something to all the certain pop fans here.
Speaker 2: Let me tell y'all something. If I say anything wrong, I want you to stop me for what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Bro, if you get seven dribbles in the NBA in the.
Speaker 2: Post, you're the post to score the ball. Bro.
Speaker 1: Bro, he's getting seven nine, sometimes seven eight nine straight dribbles where he's push two three.
Speaker 2: Four five slight.
Speaker 1: Come on, Manna, that's lord. Let me tell y'all something. Man, in real life, this is what you do on the playground. Bro, you don't get seven dribbles in the post. Bro, he's getting seven eight nine dribbles. And then I'm getting mad at them. The guards are not coming back trying to dig or nothing.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Just what I'm saying. But DeAndre Ayton, mister Ayton, you're gonna have to do something different. You're gonna have to give him a high three court. You're gonna to front him.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to heart the whole segment, but tell me what what what what do you see?
Speaker 3: Or make him work on the offensive end. I mean, I think Aiden is excuse me, make Yokish work on the defensive. And Aiden is very talented, but just like you hear, I hear, it's always been between his ears. It hasn't been his skill set. I mean, this guy can he can hit the mid range. He can step out a little further than the mid rays knock that down. He's a lot threat. He can block shot, there's a lot of different things he can do.
Speaker 2: Big fellas should be better than this.
Speaker 3: But it's between his ears, and you know, that's what I heard was the reason why they were hesitant on on paying him is because they didn't really know how he was going to be. He was already a handful when he was just on his rookie deal. You get this dude a one hundred million plus and and are you going to be able to have that same focus? Are you going to be able to talk to him? You've seen him bypass Chris Paul when Chris is trying to talk to him, you know him and MANI are like this. You saw him complain about what's the dude's name that's been playing for him, the white boy with the mohawk. Oh yeah, when he when when when he came in and got some minutes? Yeah, when he's coming in and he's given the team valuable minutes. But then the aiden's on the end of the bench pout and are mad or frustrated. So it's just like it's funny, you say, like because as Londale. When you know, when you say, we watch other things outside of the game. You watch how guys interacting the huddle, You watch how they are when they come out the game. You watch it. I mean, it's some of the simplest If I'm coming out the game and give you this and you go this, and y'all don't get shited from you, and we see that as former players, it's just like it's a red flag for us, you know what I mean. And you get that a lot from Aiden, So it's not to me, it's not necessarily about But there's no reason why this guy can't be a twenty and twelve twenty and thirteen off just pure hustle, offensive rebounds, you know, feed him out the pick and roll, hitting submit range jumpers. But you know, so you see all this play, but then you hear him what did he nickname the self? Something? Didn't he domination? Dominating? Dominating? You know, so you're giving yourself nicknames, but you're not You're just not going out like again, that's to me, you're focusing on the wrong shit. You know, you're not going out there and putting your impany because we're both within the grants. This guy is very very this is no one pick very talented.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would go to him.
Speaker 1: I would actually, I think that the I think the scoring load is so heavy on Kat and Booker, and you know what they are initiating it. Booker's not even waiting Booker if it ain't a double team. He's initiating offense right away. So you can't even it ain't even like you can do anything. He's got Your two best players are being aggressive. You gotta find it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing Joker come down giving you nine jebbles hook shot boom or three Folk.
Speaker 2: Moves in the post. Nobody's digging.
Speaker 1: He know up and under them three times, get the shot boom, come down rest one one thousand. I'm talking about for like twelve seconds, fifteen seconds. Rest Aiden comes down on the slow drag. He comes down. He's double team in Booker. He sits in the paying tax man and then he goes back down to the office of end. That's the same thing. The Phinnish Suns has to do something different. Yeah, their approach, man.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if they can because I understand. I just I think that they can possibly get a game at home because they've got their crowd behind him. The role players all play a little bit better playing the saturd you know what I mean. But yeah, if the style hasn't changed it and and to be honest, there's nothing you could really do with Joker, you know what I mean? You just got to you know, make him work. To me, I mean, let me ask you, because you were a great defender too, if you were playing him, how I'm sure you would give Hi a ton of different looks, But how would you play him as this this is your matchup this series.
Speaker 1: So a guy like Joker very long gets his hands on a lot of ball. He's he has a he has a he has a combination of people that I have to guard in my life of He's not as quick as Dirk, but he has one dribble, two dribble pull ups, one dribble off the off, the off, the catch moves like Dirk would attack you right. And then Dirk also had like floaters to where he wouldn't go down there try to ram it on you. But if he really want to lay it up on you, he would really you know what I'm saying. So he has some of those dynamics, but he also has a lot of z Bo. He doesn't have great lift, so he's always initiating first. The hardest thing about z Bo was the initial hit in your chest.
Speaker 2: Man Zebo was.
Speaker 1: His greatness was that when he knew he wasn't getting the ball, he would initiate the wrestle.
Speaker 2: And if you wasn't inclined to a.
Speaker 1: Real fucking wrestle, like when you gotta grab it, and it's like in the clubs, like straight up bear shit. I swear to god, bro, if you wasn't ready to be on something like what's up? Look like, if you were ready, bro, Zebo would actually grab you, kick you up, and he was just strong enough to move you enough to where he.
Speaker 2: Would just and then he would seal you.
Speaker 1: And anything that came off the rim like this, he would even grab it left hand and then he was always using the rim and he was That's how Joker plays. If I'm having a guard Joker right now, Bro, the first thing I'm gonna do, I'm gonna initiate the fight early. As soon as you take it out and you're you're trailing man, waiting on you. I'm at the free throw line at that end, waiting on you, and guess what I'm gonna do. I'mna bump you little bit. We're gonna run up together. I'm'na bump a little bit. I'ma able to smell your clone, your half spray.
Speaker 2: Pump you a little bit.
Speaker 1: By the time we get to a three point line, I'm gonna run back because I got some responsibilities. As you're going to pick a roll boom, we gonna We're gonna go in the pick and roll together. I'm gonna walk through that, and I'm calling, hey, go under us, did gorgo?
Speaker 2: Come on? If I got a show, I'm gonna show early. But I'm not.
Speaker 1: I gotta switch it up next time I come down. I may let him run give him something, but five get take one like you can. You cannot give him the same thing because guess what he's doing. Joker is so smart. He letting you come down. He let you initiate. He's like a CounterPunch. He let you swing from boom bab Did he adjust it so in that either you gotta mix it up, initiate and then in the office event, Oh nah, we're finna run. I'm finna see how good of shape you are. Finna get down here first I'm gonna be big cake, give it a mother again. I didn't get it this time. I'm gonna be setting hard picks.
Speaker 3: Rolling hard, like when you're doing the screens.
Speaker 2: So he has to run to like, yeah, this, this is the coolness.
Speaker 1: I ain't really don't want to be out here. It ain't he picking up on that. You know, joker ain't really poking the bear. He ain't initiating uh ad, He ain't getting him hot on nothing. He just down here pushing him here, get push rebell, lay it back up and go back down. He ain't mean mugging Lord. He know what he's doing. He letting the sleeping dogs sleep, let him sleep.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you, this is your greatest gift? Defensively, you would say personally more psychological or physical, because you set at both here.
Speaker 1: So my my greatest gift would be my education. I was prepared to play Matt, I was prepared to play Listen.
Speaker 2: I used to always.
Speaker 1: I got this from Sam Mitchell and Terry Porter. Terry Porter taught me to say, look on, you'll match up.
Speaker 2: This who you this? Who you?
Speaker 1: These are the guys you're gonna play because the guy come off the bench. So these are two guys, but you're gonna have to switch. And a lot of times you're switching with these Steve goutys, so you gotta know what they do. So if you get in the one four pick and roll and you switch and we switch it at night and you don't know what the guard does, you're fuck. You know what I'm saying, and that education is everything. So I would go into the game knowing at least four five motherfucker's whoy I had the guard and what they A and B move and what was they kind of tendencies and stuff. That's that was my gift. And then the ability to take what I know and then use it. I may after practice, I may grab Matt or teammates said, let me let me go with something cause I got to Timmy of them got this pick where they come up and they on strong SHOWE. They come up and they get a back pick and he has lob. Well, I gotta be responsible. He goes over the top. I need to I need to see it. So I would go over that and it's like what you're doing. I'm like, man, I'm going through.
Speaker 3: Some I think that's what may not to cut you off to me playing against him for so many years, his greatest gift was his mind. You know, he was blessed with the physical ability and worked his ass off to fine tune that. But to me, his mind and his motor, you know, like you said, as simple as knowing. We're not saying they don't know the Scounding report, but just knowing the Skynd report like the back of your hand, and not just the two guys you're gonna guard, because like you said, this, now more than ever, you got to know the whole fucking Scott line it because you're switching everything and competitiveness. Bro, that the dog, the motor, and the smarts to me, because the athlete, you know, the skill set you already have. But just the way you thought the game, the way you approached the game, the ship you would do with all that shit was mind and it made you that much more effective physically.
Speaker 1: Bro, to lock a nigga up in the league says something about you, because you're not just physically locking somebody up. Mentally, you have this person can't even think straight on the pattern of the moves that he has, what he's going to do when you get the ball, When you have miska bobulated a professional bro. That's bro. That's a different level of influence. And that's all I'm saying. And I'm not expecting Aiden to come out here and and and and get any of this. This is obviously over years of educating me, having a hunger, but being competitive. Sometimes being competitive, we're actually even you out. That's all I'm saying. I'm just saying he's gonna have to give him something different. He's the fucking MVP for a reason, and when you're dealing with talent like this, you have to attack in different ways. I actually think Phoenix should actually make somebody else on Denver beat them. But it's over now. I feel like Denver has confidence now. Every last player on there has confidence and they're pissed off and they're playing like.
Speaker 3: It does My question to you, does aid and learn from this?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 3: He learned from it? Will he apply it next year? Okay? Look at the playoffs? He served me. He was doing this this, and that I could. I didn't really get this off I gave him. Will he will he be that to me? I think that I think Phoenix wants to know that too. Will he learn because we were just talking off air, before we started. Sacramento is going to learn so much from what happened to Golden State? Absolutely, you know what I mean. Well, Aiden, as a professional who is one of the highest paid players on his team, a go to guy that they need to move forward, will he learn from this experience from him getting his ass busted and will it make him work harder be more prepared next season?
Speaker 1: That is to say that, that would be the billion dollar question. And I think that, and I hate to say that. I think he has time to be able to be whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: The plenty of time, and he has a skill set. I think he said he could be whatever he wants. He could be average, or he could push the brounds of being an all star every year and being a go to type guy.
Speaker 1: He can be on the team by hisself and be a twenty five and fifteen.
Speaker 3: Guy easily easy.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about easy money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like all defense if you want to, because he run, he can jump, he can block shot, yes, and.
Speaker 1: When he's engaged, he's one of our better fives in the league.
Speaker 2: Real ship.
Speaker 1: He can go to four, you understand, no question. But it's gonna be on him, like we're all asking us, can he and then has he? You would think that, you know, being incentivized with a better contract a lot more money would actually.
Speaker 2: Help, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But you know, does he listen? Who If you're not going to listen to Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Devin Booker.
Speaker 2: My answer is no, That's what I was getting.
Speaker 3: If you're not going to listen, is there someone in his ear that he listens to and respects enough and knows the game that can like give him this kind of like maybe that should be your little brother.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've actually been down this road with him. I tried to do a uh about five years ago. I was during this training training session with all the young guys Mobamba Jared Jackson Jr. And he was supposed to be one of them, and yeah, he just didn't show up. Yeah you know, ain't embarrassing, but you know we didn't get to work out.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, yeah I didn't. I didn't circle back.
Speaker 1: But in that it was kind of now I'm getting the worms of what what what the day to day is for everybody that's in Phoenix, And you know, sometimes you know young guys are immature. Let's just be one hundred and that's okay. It's okay because you're going to progress, you want to get better, and you're going to mature at some point, right, So that's what we are with it. You know, I think that, uh, this is on eight. You know what I'm saying. Eight wants to get better. He has to be real with himself in the mirror. Look at film. Film does not lie. And then you know what, it's here for you to get better. You're not out of the league, you don't. You don't have to do any of this. But if you want to be better, and if you want another nice contract, and if you want to be able to live this beautiful life that you've created for yourself, bro, you gotta better yourself.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you can get two more contracts if you want, man.
Speaker 1: Bro, he can actually man. Listen, I see Phoenix. I don't see Phoenix sitting around with this though. No, he's he's a He's an asset where you can go and get assetts back.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So if he don't want to buy into what they're doing, then I think that's time to move on.
Speaker 4: Some other young guys within the league that have kind of had some growing pains in the postseason.
Speaker 1: Dylan Brooks and Jordan Poole come to mind as well.
Speaker 4: On top of the eight, Matt, you kind of dropped some jokes with us yesterday kind of talking about, you know, the vets kind of teaching the young guys the way, but how much of this is kind of a little on their own in their own journey of learning this ship on their own, Because there was probably a point in time in your career where there was an e vet maybe pulling you to deside to tell you some stuff you had to learn on your own.
Speaker 2: You always got a vet. You always got a vet.
Speaker 3: Now what's different now?
Speaker 2: Then you know whether you want to hear the vet out?
Speaker 1: And then that vet may be a fucking assistant coach or Nigga up Stands or somebody that you don't even know, but he a real one. Hey, mad let me how did you for a second? Yeah, And then he'd be like, man, I don't really want to hear this, but he's saying some real ship and that's how I really did go. You know, you got applied, bro, Bro, You know what's crazy with all that?
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: When they was talking that shit, was nobody right there to say nothing. Everybody was win it, we was within it. Then you got beat. Then everybody ran. Didn't want nobody.
Speaker 3: Here, They didn't want to smoke, so did nobody.
Speaker 2: Wants So that's the answer here.
Speaker 1: If ain't nobody gonna say nothing when it's all cool, then when why would somebody say SOMETHINGE is fucked up? And that's your answer.
Speaker 4: What's the root of it that you guys think? Do you just think it's society now? Do you think it's just people? Social media?
Speaker 2: Social media?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, I think I think everything is is a show, now, you know what I mean? And it starts down in grassroots for I'm coaching kids and and you know, you'll lose or see a team lose, and you'll see a highlight reel from the game and I'm just like, y'all just lost or we just lost. Like but that the mindset is always having to put on a show, always having to do something. And I think, and it's hard for us to speak on it because we kind of caught the tail.
Speaker 2: End of it.
Speaker 3: Like it wasn't like we knew like shit if we were gonna go out and show this or it's gonna be a problem like winteror like we took losses more s like now it's just like the fuck we played a bad game, but I played with you know, it's almost like kind of that. I don't even want to call these guys tepic because I don't know him like that, but it comes off as like I did what I was supposed to do. But then, like you said, when you don't stand on your shit, you know what I mean? Like I had no issue what Dylan Brooks is saying who he was even I didn't give a fuck he was talking to Lebron like that, like that's dope. Like you have enough courage, top, but you got to stand on it. Don't just talk when shit is going good when shit is going bad, and so when the stuff starts going bad, and now you don't want to talk to the media. Now you want to say the media is making you a vielain and the fans are doing this, this and that. But just the whole season you were dancing and bopping and doing and talking and ipoke bears and I don't respect no one and Draymond ain't shit. Stand on that because you're gonna get more respect for standing on it and being wrong, but standing on what you do instead of doing some shit and then running from it once the smoke hits, you know, and congratulating Dylan Brooks, I mean, second team. All the NBA is no that that's dope joke, and he's definitely gonna find a home. But to me, I just and I asked Tick about this with Aiden, do you learn from this? You have to learn from it because we all did stuff when we were younger that we're not proud of. Luckily there wasn't social media, so now all the young dumb shit you do is for the world to see, and they get this. You paint this picture of who they think you are. So now do you learn from your mistakes. I'm never telling Dylan brook to change the way he plays. I'm just saying, if this is what you're gonna be about, you got to stand on it, bro, you got to stand on it. I'm not telling Jordan Poole is one of the hardest working, most skill I mean I got to see it up close and personal, you know, in practic like this dude works his ass off. But then you just see that you know, obviously we can't speak to the dynamic between him and Draymond because we don't really know what that is now. But obviously get knocked out is going to fuck the dynamic up. But you don't want to hear from Staut. I mean, you got the blueprint in front you with the Splash Brothers, you know what I mean. You got two of the greatest shooters to ever live. You get to see them every like, I don't understand. I don't know if he appreciates how lucky he is to have that on a day to day basis like this, These are the greats. These guys are going to the Hall of Fame. These are two of the greatest shooters to ever do. And I get to work with these guys and bump with them and do this and learn from every day. I don't know if these younger guys are soaking in and appreciating what's going on. And then, like we were talking about earlier, we really had those vets that will pull you to the side and check you whether like you said, whether the guy is playing, whether he's not. But it was someone that you did that you would respect, like when he said he's you said, Sam Mitchell was one of your great best right. He wasn't an all star, no superstar, but he earned the respect of one of the greatest players of all time, you know what I mean. So it doesn't always have to be a superstar pulling to the side. It could be someone that did just you respect him because he's about his word, he's about his business. And I had that kind of respect for younger players. I was never the best player, and I bounced from team to team, but I led like when I believe I led, but I'll run through a wall. I'll do everything you need to do to win. So when I spoke to these younger players to be all right, oh do I feel you, and you would see carryovers. So when we talked on our show yesterday, it's just like, when we talk about these young players, it's not to disrespect or we're older players trying to shit on these younger players and they're getting like, that's never our approach. Our approach is if we're in the locker room, we would tell you this to your face and your eyes, man the man. It would never get to the media. It would be me pulling like, bro, come on, we got to clean that up. You're too important. For this team. You can't be doing that. You can't be you know what I mean that there was stuff that someone told us before, so we would tell with that. That's why I like in Memphis, I guess it's not Steven Adams because they ran through that. I feel like Draymond kind of lost his way as a leader, and I think he gained it back, but I don't know if he'll there's always going to be friction between him and I don't even call it friction. It's just it's off and you can visially see it. But I just think some of these younger players need guidance these days because it's just such a different world we live in, and some guys, once they get their money, it's hard to tell them anything. Unfortunately, it's a.
Speaker 2: Great way to put it.
Speaker 1: None of us saw the Jimmy Butler effect like this my Nigga Jimmy Butler Show. Jimmy Butler has simplified the fucking game and is willing. He's probably other than Joker. He's willing his team. And then I actually think that the Heat had a chance to beat the Knicks without me.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They are They are active to my. My point to you is, isn't he already maxed out All Star? No?
Speaker 2: No, he is, he is.
Speaker 1: But if we're going by regular season ship, Jimmy, Jimmy gave us the coast, he gave us.
Speaker 3: A little bit in Southeast, he gave it, then clip right the whole ship.
Speaker 1: And then we get to the playoffs, and then I got to give up to East post Man. He always has his teams ready for that. Lord, I'm going I'm going to Vincent. I'm going and true say he's you know, he's uh Stockton. You know Vincent is Stockton. I'm saying this to say that Miami to me, got like four or five guys to where Yeah, yeah, they deserve the stouts?
Speaker 2: Am I saying this name? Right there?
Speaker 1: Stockers up all them, motherfucker. That's about four people in the heat that you can go to. You're Calvin Martin, the little Lightston care right, he has a twinter, right, Yeah, it's like four guys. So I don't even know what your list is. But if we see it here and then I'm gonna say this, we go to Jordan Poole. Sometimes it takes bad games for you to calm down, Like my problem with him, or at least when I'm watching it players perspective, in my opinion, is that he just going way too fast, like he needs to take her trying to get it all back. He's like like he's giving you like he's given you like like three folk moves and the guy hasn't even reacted to the first move. And I'm like, damn, young fella, just calm damn.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like one beat, one beat like he like, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, you know, like you on the first one, bro, you had him like off the pump, think he went second half?
Speaker 3: Would it failed? But then you played the third move right back, so he catches back.
Speaker 1: That's that's if if I don't have any issues with how the game is being grown, but if it's anything that I like put the astrophof on, it would be that like some kids are sowing their heads that they got they already got the heasy ready, the HEAs he is that sho here you could and one move set up the next move with set something the next move, and yeah, so I look for Jordan Poole to just slow down a little bit and get that betro. But Wiggins. Let's let's be honest. Wiggins, his stock is I think it's went up a little bit. I think he's been engaged with the Lebron matchup. You know, you know, you know, typical or let's say traditional Andrew Wiggins would be a lot more. You know, it is the playoffs, so you got to anticipate him in the thus. But I think I heard I think I heard Perks say, man, and then and and Lebron James is going to dominate Andrew Wiggins. And I think he heard that. Man, he heard that ship man, you know, man Wiggs out here hooping?
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 1: Who else? Stocks Gordon, the kid Gordon from Denver? Man, what's the brown kid that came from New York? Came from Brook Brown man, Bruce Brown.
Speaker 3: And they said he had a problem even finding the team.
Speaker 2: That is crazy, you know.
Speaker 1: He told the coach man, I don't think these I don't think these teams know how to use me, and coach like, come on now here, I know how to use I'm gonna let you lye because he a.
Speaker 2: Great point forward, bro bro.
Speaker 1: The motherfucker point point guard, rebound, turn back around the guard.
Speaker 3: He can be the screener or the ball handling man.
Speaker 1: He is like his stock, like his stock is up. Bro, there's like three four guys on Denver that stock is up. Porter Junior, man, did nobody see this from Porter Junior?
Speaker 2: And he calm with it. He ain't even giving you nothing.
Speaker 3: He just playing good.
Speaker 1: You know, he's just even he's uh, he's Joe Johnson. Yah yeah right on defense is high, nothing high.
Speaker 3: He's just hard to play with. No emotions is the fucking art.
Speaker 1: And the place going crazy was like yeah, yeah, so who else it's I mean, we can see here and go through the whole jone like Austin Reeves reez yeah him, mister him, yeah, mister Hill.
Speaker 2: He yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He should get a nice contract, and then if I'm him, I wouldn't leave the Lakers, even though he's gonna get some bigger offers.
Speaker 2: He gonna get.
Speaker 3: When he already said like, it's not about the Lakers. He's going to get the money.
Speaker 2: Oh he's dumb, yeah you know.
Speaker 3: But but I think it's a great conversation because we've seen players in our time too. Some guys. I don't ever want to call people system players because I don't want it to take away from their talent. But some guys are great in certain situations and find out that ship ain't the situation you have here, won't be the situation you have over here. And some guys, I think some guys, that's hard to understand why you're in the moment.
Speaker 1: Lane Stevenson was a motherfucking damn all star in d M. That nigga took that show on the road, and nobody man listen, Memphis Clippers, wherever else he ended up, they didn't want to hear that ship. But when he went back to Indiana, same thing, old depot, only depot in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, what.
Speaker 3: About something we play with Sean Mariam oh Man. Yeah, all that Phoenix is in Phoenix. And then not that he didn't do well in Dallas. I mean, I think they won a championship with him in Dallas, but.
Speaker 2: He wasn't He wasn't like that.
Speaker 3: He was great Phoenix. Yeah, the system was great for the way he played the game, you know what I mean. So sometimes I think he made a great point with Austin Reeves, although he already said he's gonna chase the bag. Sometimes a situation is what allows you to flourish and show all your ship.
Speaker 2: He gonna find out the Lake Show.
Speaker 1: He gonna find out that bag sometimes it ain't the Lake Show guy.
Speaker 3: There and everything that comes with it. You mean the great white hire me a white boy that the Lakers. They don't get no bigger than that bro you here basketball period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would, I would consider that. He gotta you know what I'm saying, right, you go ahead, get your money, young fella dude the hallways. But I like him as a player. He's tough too, Yeah, I like him too. And he's confident, you know in this league, man, confidence.
Speaker 3: Is everything everything.
Speaker 1: I want to throw something at you right quick while we while we're just chopping man, Let.
Speaker 2: Mean, you know the.
Speaker 1: You got you know, I was sitting up and thinking, man like, the changing of the guard is coming soon, ron ron is you know right, so we're here, it's probably gonna play probably a couple by one or two more years out of anticipate, right, you know, Next in line, man is joh you know, next line is you know, Gosh like LaMelo. Uh, you know, obviously we're still in the Giannis and Joker and then beat them, not disrespecting them. I'm talking about the next wave yeah, Man Tatum is definitely there. John Luca, Yeah, Luca, I'm gonna put Jenning Brown in there.
Speaker 2: I want to put a Zion in there.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at these players that that's that's up next, and I'm just wondering to myself at one point do they have to take these next steps?
Speaker 2: The rain?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, like Zion, Man, like, how long do you stay?
Speaker 1: Like like when in b It's being did a little joint on emb and it took you back to where when he got drafted and then not just one but two years off and how the Philly fan base just I don't know what, but I guess we were just all waiting because we had no choice. But they stayed, of course with it. And I'm watching Zion have like not like the same, but like the similar, kind of like patients with big fellas. I ain't go from Man the Duncan in the three sixty and the ship, Like what he was doing in the workout bothered everybody and he got doubted. Yeah, we didn't want to say nothing about it, but it left me thinking, like, man, what's his next steps to be able to be consistent on dominance?
Speaker 2: Man, health, obss, the big.
Speaker 3: Things because I feel like, is it duals deeper than that? Though? Man, No, I think that's the key because we see it and you and we know it's people who play the game as talented you are. Your first three or four years, you don't even understand the NBA game yet. And this dude is a breaking field goal percentage records and and and putting up zion. I'm talking about putting up all kinds of incredible numbers. And he's just doing this off of size, speed and athleticism. Like you said with Jordan Poole, when you when when the game slows down for and you could take a beat and learn the game, it's maturity. But then you see the game different too, you know what I mean. So I think that's what they're waiting for. And and and the mbat example got It's funny. I said that shit on Instagram not too long ago. Like remember the process within B didn't start fast. It took a minute to get going.
Speaker 2: It was terrible.
Speaker 3: But now look at what you have, you know what I mean. So I think obviously New Orleans had to pay them because they're not They don't get stars like that. Every time they get a star. He bounces, but they have to be patient. But I think if if he can get hisself together, he's going to be a special I actually shot it. Come. I started commercial with him yesterday and that was my first time meeting him in person. That's a massive motherfucker. He's just a big kid project.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. How long do you stay.
Speaker 3: With this contract? What do you got a four year deal? Right, it's this contract. You got to see what you got to show me something in this contract next year? No, I mean I think you're right. Yeah, yeah, I mean I mean, what do you do because you're paying him so much money? Like think just and we don't even want to speak this this if something happens to him where he's not able to play more than half the games next year, yeah, I think you like to show hopefully next year.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying to you. The Kois designs, the Chris Paul's, the Westbrooks. There's a bunch of question marks in the lead to what do you what do you do with these players? Paul George's I think this is his second you're dealing with you know, he had to show them off like, well we we are looking at real question marks, Bro, like, where are we with the question?
Speaker 3: Why is it? My? I guess my question to you is is is it because there's too much activity?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Are these young and outside of TPG thirty eight? Is it this new generation plays too much basketball before they get to the level we're on now and their bodies are more beat up than our bodies were coming in? I mean you played along? Time's time?
Speaker 2: Practice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, practice right?
Speaker 2: Half the battle practice? What do you do every day? Did Bro? What do you do every day? I come in, I get shot up.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to figure out. I'm trying to how come these guys like? How come? Is just a consistency of stars being hurt?
Speaker 2: That's what I guess. That's the question I was trying to get.
Speaker 3: So to me, does it stem from get before you get to the league, all the all the miles on your body? Is it? Is it too there's too much science into it now? Where if you're always resting when it's time to really go or you not ready to? Like to me, I don't think anyone has the answer this question. But I'm just trying to think as an athlete. I just remember rarely when we played coming into the playoffs that we were. I mean you had you had an injury in the playoffs one time, but rare. Most of the time in your career when it was playoff time, you were ready to rock. You may not have been one hundred percent, but you was ready to go and you was gonna play until you either won it or lost it. Now it's just like damn. People are losing and the other teams are winning because the stars can't play consistently.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm asking, how long do you stay with these projects? Too? Bro?
Speaker 1: You have to play, But the players are taking a year off, players are taking two years off, players are so I don't understand. So this generation is not playing more basketball than our generation.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's different. I think AU is different to I think, man, these kids are playing.
Speaker 1: You balled and me, no way, I ain't going. I played in the summer a mouth shot. Ain't no going inside where I'm from. Everybody no grieving more than everybody know me, and is playing on the black They're playing on blacktop all day.
Speaker 2: Ain't no going home, you know, I ain't ain't nothing to eat at home.
Speaker 1: We're fin to get out here, put our bread together.
Speaker 3: We outside water hole, Hamburgers, thy nice and cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: We out here and we out here at this point, I'm that spring from at Lakeside. Man in Lakeside, I'm over here. I'm we're playing all day.
Speaker 3: So what is it then? Is the mint mental?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: That's I want to know the state of these guys. You know, everybody says they work out in the summer. You know what I and discuss me when I go to the summer league and I look around the fucking summer league on the floor.
Speaker 3: Of course, second se second league, second, all.
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers that need to be in the man you have if y'all didn't even play a fucking season half y'all didn't even play.
Speaker 3: Half a season, first, second, third year, go play summer league.
Speaker 1: Man, you got you, Man, I think Man Joe, like, man, listen, I don't want to sound like.
Speaker 2: That guy, but it is what it is. Man.
Speaker 1: Man, if you're wondering, like how long are the these are these projects gonna be projects? Projects? Like at one point, can I actually pay this guy to be a superstar.
Speaker 3: With responsib Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, Man.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's gonna be a bunch of question marks answered this summer, I'm gonna throw eight and in there. What he's displaying right now, this is a complete collapse pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I heard that. Yeah, move him there because yeah, I don't know how real it was, but I heard that the Warriors had a chance to trade pool Kaminga and it was either Wiseman or Moody for Kevin Durant. And they show and out. Like I said, I can't back normally when I tell you shit, I can say like I know for sure, I can't say that for sure, But I heard that because they were just so high on what you know, Jordan Poole came up of the playoffs players, they want a championship. Average seventeen that next step during the season or average twenty in the playoffs. You expect the output to go up, but it hasn't. And I say all that to say, like, think about Kevin Durant with this Warrior team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a difference.
Speaker 3: You know, are back with this weird team different, you know, so hey, yeah, I I.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that you say it's mental and the fact that these guys are getting a lot of money now, so maybe they are just comfortable, comfortable with the money.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you're not hungry anymore. Kind of like an nil question that you asked.
Speaker 1: Man, Bro when you get the bag, put off the gas man listen. I always say, man, you know, if you want to see if somebody really want it, man, give him everything he wants.
Speaker 2: See if he still.
Speaker 3: Works, see if you still wake up so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's it A.
Speaker 1: Now y'all know what it is, man, it's the picks up the wig. Let's go Sunday Sunday Game seven, got damn for all the marbles, seventy sixers in Boston. I do not think that the seventy six ers can put another game together like they did. I think the Celtis winner, I think they do. I think I think Philly challenges them to a point where they have to go to another.
Speaker 2: Level, and I think they do. So, Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Let's get it. And those are the picts of the wig.
Speaker 2: Let's go