Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh that's you.
Speaker 2: You'll more Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast. It's Bunhead's time.
Speaker 1: It's Bunheads time. Yes, it is. Actually enjoyed this episode. It was good for me.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm here for any episode that has drums, and this one brought us the the Sasha drums. That was aggressive, but you know what, I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I'm so here for I needed it and I'm here for uh.
Speaker 3: I always I'm sorry with always wanting to call her Emily Fanny. I love that she's got that guy. He's darling, he's so cute. I love that she loves him. I love that it's been many, many years. I loved getting First of all, we need to not forget Hubble. I think sometimes they forget Hubble, and I love that Hubble is really important and prominent in this episode. Now I have some notes Hello Digger, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 2: O MG, I agree with you. I literally just kept screaming Digger, Digger, Digger.
Speaker 3: And I thought he was excellent in this episode.
Speaker 2: He was good and he was not as annoying as Digger.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Digger was always fine with me. Here's my problem with the episode.
Speaker 2: Sounds faster. It's just.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to say it again and again and again. I love her and younger. The crying scene was so bad, and you see Digger like trying to act opposite the worst fate crying and I don't want to be critical, but yet I that is my job. Emily Fanny is perfection, the boyfriend perfection. Sutton Foster at times nails it. At other times no, no, no. So first of all, obviously we knew Dicker was coming because I saw his name and I was super excited. I love their flirt. Their flirt is so great, like their chemistry was great. When she, you know, gets stuck behind, she starts chatting with him and then I love the phone call where he calls and asks her out.
Speaker 1: Nailed it.
Speaker 3: I love when they go out again and they go see the show again and then they end up in the bedroom, which I'm not gonna lie was awkward on Gilmore Girls. Also, it's like something about it, You're like, oh, I'm ill prepared for that. They don't normally show that on Gilmurgirls. The fake first of all, I'm glad she had the moment about Hubble right like.
Speaker 2: Well, because you this might bone to pick. He was such a big character episode one and then just never ever came back. Right. Well, he died, I know that. But my point being is he was so.
Speaker 3: Huge we should be talking about him and was talking about like a guys Fanny. Fanny should be apoplectic. I know, like it's like, what is happening. I don't understand how they've bounced back from the Hubble so quickly.
Speaker 2: Fanny is as if her son did not pass.
Speaker 3: Just in love eating eggs, I know, eggs with cayenne pepper. First of all, no, thanks for the spicy eggs for me.
Speaker 1: But I love that guy.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: He's good, He's great. I hope he stays around.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that Michelle, I understand, right Like she sleeps with this dude bigger and then it all comes to her like, oh my god, I was married like he died.
Speaker 1: It was the bad acting.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It was such a bummer.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm gonna tell you. Saved this episode and I just briefly touched upon it. Sasha and Sasha going in and having her like rebelly, like is she being a rebel?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's got a.
Speaker 3: Whole thing right, She's got drama with her parents, but she colors her hair.
Speaker 2: Kelly Bishop in that scene, have it, let her have it, and you felt it.
Speaker 1: She felt on you, dude.
Speaker 2: I you know how you always like you never want mom and dad to be disappointed with you, like Kelly Bishop is third and and she.
Speaker 3: Just took that part away from her and gave it to Boo. Now I like that guy for Boo, what is going on? I did not like when the other two friends came in and and said, no, no, no, your lasagna is embarrassing. She doesn't like you.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, I know likes it.
Speaker 3: I know who's falling for that guy, rightfully, So that guy loves her.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. And yeah, I know you're right. And and finally she's not like swooning over the brother that's so gross.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't know where the guy is from the Rico's Sun, you know, Oyster Bar or whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: I like that guy, and he.
Speaker 3: Seemed to really like Boo. Now, this guy was great and adorable and he likes.
Speaker 1: Boo the friends. I didn't like that meanness. I know, I know. Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know Are You a Charlotte? In nineteen ninety seven, my life was forever changed when I took on the role of Charlotte York on a new HBO show called Sex.
Speaker 2: And the City.
Speaker 4: As we watched Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte navigate relationships in New York City, the show helped push once unacceptable conversation topics out of the shadows and altered the narrative around women and sex. We all saw ourselves in them as they searched for fulfillment in life, sex and friendships. Now I want to connect with you and share untold stories and all the behind the scenes together with special guests.
Speaker 1: What will begin with Sex.
Speaker 4: And the City will evolve into talks about themes that are still so relevant today. Are You a Charlotte is a much more than just rewatching our beloved show. It brings the past and the present together as we talk with heart, humor, and of.
Speaker 2: Course some optimism.
Speaker 4: Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 3: On Fanny and her dude, I really like them. I love that they were eating under the gazebo, which is interesting. There is a gazebo. It's a different type as of a gazebo, but there is one. And he's very funny about the kinky eggs yep, and that that just keeps coming back. Those very Gilmoury, very entertainble.
Speaker 2: What made me cringe was when Sam Foster's character so Michelle was like, oh uh, you want me to come with you in your room with you know, like there's one queen bed and I'm like, oh funny when.
Speaker 3: She picked up the banana that, yeah, that was funny. There was Okay, this episode is almost a Gilmore Girl's episode, like it's almost perfect and.
Speaker 1: Then guess what.
Speaker 2: That's the problem with the series. It's almost good, it's almost good, and then it's not, and the and it's not.
Speaker 3: Because that's scene in the bed. Just I had secondhand embarrassment. Understand embarrassment.
Speaker 2: I understand Amy Schrimapelad, you know, wanting to utilize the same actors that she utilizes because she has a great rapport with them. She wants to give them Mark, and she wants to do all that stuff. But this feels like trying. Oh I'm gonna get so much hate. This feels like trying to revive Gilmore Girls and it ain't working.
Speaker 1: And I know why, s f.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden faster, I saw you.
Speaker 1: I saw your play in New York and I promise I thought it was good.
Speaker 3: But I love Younger. It's I don't have a Sutton Foster her problem. She's great and Younger she just wasn't. It's almost like, okay, but I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the people screaming that are that are actors that like they're not screaming, or like, you don't hate me, you hate the character.
Speaker 1: No, so maybe this is the character. No, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: I like the character over acting because I think she's a stage Maybe.
Speaker 1: It is supposed to be her first of all.
Speaker 3: A couple of interesting facts. This was written by Daniel Palladino, which.
Speaker 1: Is probably why it was. It's so funny and good, right.
Speaker 3: I don't have any critique of the writing. I don't have any critique of the storylines. But it's Sutton Foster's performance in parts as Michelle. It's like she just wasn't quite ready, wasn't quite ready. Chris EigerMan, by the way, plays Digger and his name and this is Connor. I know that we're gonna just call him Digger. And did you see brad ellis our boy as the piano player?
Speaker 2: So do you okay? There is one there's one character. H we have loves that bothered me in this episode truly, no boo, you were bothered by was bothered by?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Because we are what is it eight episodes in right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is season one, episode eight. Blank up, it's time. We're eight episodes in and she's still wah wah, Like I want her.
Speaker 1: To like, oh, pick it up like nafe so woe is me? Or just like step them on like a team.
Speaker 2: Just cut like no, tell your friends, Hey, I think he's cool.
Speaker 1: You know what I thought was?
Speaker 2: Or hey, I can do this part like she's just so like.
Speaker 1: Is incredible though, truly incredible.
Speaker 2: Kelly Bishop, but you're not gonna say that.
Speaker 3: The dance scene with Sasha and the good door Dancer I think his name's Jordan. Yeah, first of all, they're incredible, but what was amazing is the way they dance around the room. With the other performers warming up, but obviously every single thing of that is choreographed.
Speaker 1: The way they kind of slid through and then there was Anne and sort of a leg up.
Speaker 3: It was so magical that choreography and the way that scene was that I was like.
Speaker 2: What, I agree? I agree, Like, holy cow, lots of really good things in this episode, and lots of.
Speaker 1: Not lots of one.
Speaker 3: It was directed by Daniel Paladino, It's written by him. It's definitely That's why I'm saying it was almost a perfect episode of Gilmore Girls. But then it was the crying scene in the bed that was over the top weird, didn't work, Like why not just go take it again?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ooh, and I like that Carl. I like that guy for boo oh.
Speaker 2: You know what we need to talk about is how this ends at ballet practice and how Sasha comes to Waltzcene in all late and she goes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do cheerleading.
Speaker 2: First of all, I know the respect, not anything against cheerleaders, but you but.
Speaker 1: They kind of have to do one or the other. Remember, Yeah, And it's.
Speaker 2: Also like one of those things that Fanny has been there for this girl Sasha has been there for her, has provided a structured environment for her, and this is the only place Sasha's getting that from, which is why she's unleashing her pent up aggression towards it. Is because it's the only thing in her life that's keeping her in line and holding her accountable. She doesn't get that at home.
Speaker 1: You know, I like Sasha because she's complex. Sorry I was.
Speaker 3: I couldn't decide I was gonna say complicated or complex, so I sort of blurred it.
Speaker 1: But it works. She's complicated.
Speaker 3: She's complex like she's a She's a rich character, meaning like deep.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to her.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the blue hair?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't look if that's her big rebellion. It wasn't that the startlip onto me? And then her big mad thing is I'm gonna be a cheerleader, like.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stay in the sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh the sun. Oh my god, I knew she was going to be in trouble. Oh my, that's a real thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't do dance, but I'm assuming that's like a real thing.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 3: Here's what I know. I'd call this a great, great episode with a scene that was so bad one scene and it bummed me out because Chris Eigman was so good.
Speaker 1: She was so good, and he.
Speaker 3: Was even sort of somehow acting opposite and it was just like, let something cluster is. She's just that was not her best work in that scene. She definitely come goes up and down. She had scenes that were really really good. Guys watched her younger, she is good and younger. We're halfway through.
Speaker 2: We're halfway through the next episode, episode Season one, episode nine, No One takes Kalisi's dragons. Whoa I Game of thronespect I feel like Khalisi is Fanny and the dragons are the girls.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Game of Thrones. I tried once.
Speaker 3: It was very I watch you either and I and follow it, but I'll give.
Speaker 1: It another go.
Speaker 5: But AnyWho, bun heads out, bun heads out, Hey.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.