Speaker 1: To on the move Darling Deep Speedways past Hell.
Speaker 2: From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. Please gotta my havends in the playoffs? What is up? Dolphins? And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield and on today's show we go across enemy lines to hear from the Seattle Seahawks. John Boyle from Seahawks dot com joins me to break down the Week three matchup between the Dolphins and those Seattle Seahawks. Plus I have a rant to get to about Twitter discourse, social media discourse among the fans. Will also pick the Week three games. All of that from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast.
Speaker 3: Maybe Jaffir.
Speaker 2: We kick it off today my guest from Seahawks dot com, John Boyle from three thousand miles away, about a six hour flight that I have made way too many times in my life. Joining us is John Boyle from Seahawks dot com. And John, I've told upwards of one hundred or so people in our buildings since the schedule came out that September in Seattle, that might as well be Heaven. Do you think the weather gods will make me right this Sunday for Seahawks and Dolphins.
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't even looked that far ahead, but you are right in general that September is pretty damn good out here. We don't get very hot, but we don't get very rainy either. It's just sort of, you know, a lot of days in the seventies and sunny and beautiful. So I, like I said, haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing you're going to be in for a good day. I will also add, I'm not going to really hear complaints about travel because nobody has to take more long place than us. We just went to Boston last week. We go to Atlanta, we go to Chicago. So at least you have some close games.
Speaker 3: We got none.
Speaker 2: That is, you know, I'm from the area. So it was always referred to as the Siberia of sports in terms of where Seattle's located in conjunction to the rest of every league, because there's no teams until Minnesota. When you go you know, west to east, and there's no teams until San Francisco. If he goes south, so there is it is isolated on an island out there.
Speaker 3: Man, we are met HALSOVEC used to call it South Alaskas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. That's pretty good. Well. I was once at a Seahawks and Dolphins game as a fan in the stands back in twenty sixteen, the famed Kenny Stills drop game, and that was a gorgeous, picturesque day. So hopefully for all the fans across Dolphins and Seahawks fandom get a perfect day on Sunday. But I want to ask you this because you mentioned going to Boston last week. I had a chance to watch most of that game live and getting through the film here slowly as we go throughout the week, I'm curious what the mood was like for that locker room after the game, maybe the team flight back home and in the building this week. I have to imagine pretty good feelings around that team after a two and oh start and after an overtime victory out East.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're throwing a really good obviously start. Two and oh is what you want to do. And I think part of it is they're feeling like they're two and oh despite a lot of stuff to clean up. So they're not playing great football necessarily in all phases. So I think they feel pretty fortunate, but also like they've shown kind of some resilience and some toughness.
Speaker 3: And the fact that they you know, they gave one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and eighty five rushing yards, they couldn't run the ball in Week one, They basically gave away a half on offense of just playing terrible against the Broncos in the whole first half. So they feel like, you know, if they if they clean up some of these issues, then they could be a lot better than than they are.
Speaker 3: And they're yeah, they're still sitting here at too, and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean that's the case across a lot of the NFL right now. Right you have some very good football teams that are zeroing to you have some very good football teams that are one and one, and some teams there are two and oh that I don't think will be in the playoff mix come December January, and so that's just kind of how it goes. But if you can stack wins this time of year while you figure out who you are as a team, it's obviously kind of the new trend of the league. And so for seat well, you know, I thought they were a team that had playoff contention written all over them and off to a great start in that in that mold. So let's go ahead and get to the match up here though, and start from a schematic standpoint, if you will, John and I want to start on offense, because you know, we we we'll get to Mike McDonald the defense, which we know very well down here, being an offshoot of that defense in Baltimore coach Anthony Weaver, and we saw Ryan Grubb bring the most electric vertical passing game to the Pacific Northwest last season. But for the college team in the Huskies, which, by the way, go Kook's Apple Cup victory last weekend. Yeah, that was a big one for us. We uh. I hope they retired the Apple Cup forever and keep the trophy in Pullman. But I digress. Now, Now, coach Grubbs is a pro in Seattle, and I'm curious so far two games in obviously two victories, and Gino Smith looks like the real deal.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: How has that transition been for the Seahawks for coach Grubbs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been really good for Ryan Grubb.
Speaker 1: Now, it's you know, so far, at least, it has not looked quite as dynamic as the Washington offense we saw last year. And some of that is just I think he knew that, you know, not everything you do at college when you're you know, there's some big talent disparities week to week will translate is clean lead at the NFL. And you know, last year the offensive line at Washington was one of the best in the country. This year, the Seahawks they've had, you know, they've done some good things, but they've had some issues up front, and so they've had to you know, this last game, they relied a lot on some short passing. You know, Jackson Smith and Jigba had twelve catches in for a while. He was kind of the extension of the running game for him because they cannot run the ball well, so it's a lot of short stuff. So, as you said, Geo Smith has looked great. I mean, he was thirty three for forty four with about five drops in that game, so it could have been darn near perfect game for him.
Speaker 3: So you know, a lot to like so far.
Speaker 1: Like I said earlier, they pretty much just did everything wrong for a half against Denver. But in the sixth quarters sense, I've seen a lot of encouraging stuff and again some things that need to get better.
Speaker 2: How do you feel to kind of follow up there, how do you feel like this offense has benefited Genail? Because you know, he was a guy that when he got to Seattle, it was like they really going to start Geno Smith because he didn't have you know, the pelts in the wall at that point of his career. And Pete was so Pete Carroll of course, was so gung ho that this guy can play football. Man, We're seeing that play out like he's one of my favorite quarterbacks to watch each week on tape. How do you feel like this offense maybe and if it doesn't, you can tell me too. How do you think this offense better benefits him than what he was playing in previously?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he was pretty good in the last one, and we need to kind of still see this one for a little bit longer. But you know, just going off what he said, going back to you know, offseason workouts, he liked the way that you know, he said, this is a drup back offense and I'm a drop back passer, and the fact that you know again is the protection and improves hopefully and they start doing things a little cleaner, maybe get the run game to complement the passing game. When they do start getting more of those vertical passing games, some of the deep shots. That's one of the things he does best. He is one of the most accurate downfield throwers in the NFL, and he's got great weapons to go to, so I think that will suit him a lot as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, he's a.
Speaker 1: Guy that, as you said, maybe a lot of people going back twenty twenty two didn't think the highest of but he's shown it for a couple of years now and he's off too good start this year.
Speaker 3: I think he could thrive in this offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't right back right. He loses confidence and he should be playing with that confidence because he's, like I said, a lot of fun to watch. I think, you know, in football, it seems like fans especially can kind of make their mind up on a guy. And I urge you if you had major mind up on you know, Gino Smith with the Jets, come back and watch him with the Seahawks, because he is a damn good football player. You mentioned the run game there in that previous answer, and I wanted to kind of talk about that because, you know, again John grew up in the Seattle area. You know, I was. I was there for the run of the Legion of Boom and the Russell Wilson era, all that stuff, all the championships and you know, twelve wins seasons and just dominant football from that team for the better part of a decade.
Speaker 3: And you kind of.
Speaker 2: Got to use to how that Seahawks team operated, right that cover three defense, strong, running game, win the game in the fourth quarter with some crazy finishes that made primetime football so much fun all those times. But I'm curious how this run game looks in the post Pete Carroll era because for a long time, like I said, it was three yards in a cloud dust for the most part. What does it look like now under Ryan Grubb with a run game.
Speaker 3: You know, I'd say it looks inconsistent right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, we again the first I've kind of thrown out that first half of the demo game because it was just everything was so bad.
Speaker 3: But then second half of that game they really got rolling.
Speaker 1: Kenneth Walker rushed for I think eighty four of his one hundred and three yards in the second half of that game. Looked, you know, they're getting some good blocking teams going. He was looking explosive and he thought, all right, this is going to be what they can do. Then he gets hurt late in the game. This is the game last week, and you know it's not all in zach Scharbada. He didn't have a lot of room to run. But I think just a combination of not having a Walker and not blocking it up as well as they wanted, they really had to just throw it around like crazy. So I mean, the good news is they showed they can do that. You know, you like them versatil in your offense. You can attack teams different ways. But yeah, they you know, I don't know yet. We'll hear from Mike McDonald on Wednesday. I don't know yet about Kenneth Walker's availability, but getting him back would obviously that little a lot. But yeah, they want to they want to be balanced and around the ball and be able to be a physical running team, but they've really only done it for about a half of two games so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotcha. I was actually going to ask you because we're taping this on Tuesday for the fans listening. It'll come out on Wednesday. And I was curious if Kenneth Walker was going to be available because I saw that they said he might miss multiple weeks. But it sounds like it's up in the air for this week still, even though we're not to the injury report yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one thing we're finding out covering this team, Mike McDonald is going to give as little inf injury information as he can within the rules of the league. He actually he kind of had some fun with this Friday press conference joking about that. His line was, look, I want to help you guys, I just want to help our team more so. I don't think we'll find out a lot Wednesday, other than whether he practiced or not when they put the injury report out. But yeah, you know, coming out of the game when he got injured in Week one, you know, Kennth Walker himself said he felt fine. They didn't make it sound too serious, but you know, as anyone who's a sports fan, and maybe especially a baseball fan knows, oblique injuries can be very tricky, so they're being careful of John Schneider did talk on his game day radio show and said, you know, it's nothing serious, but they're just being very cautious. So you know, I would have a hunch Ranga, no much until Friday, maybe even until the inactives on Sunday, but it definitely doesn't sound like a long term thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good to hear. Yeah, those Friday Friday press conferences are the best, arn't thay. That's when we usually hear about coach McDaniel's time with his daughter and things that don't have to do with football on those Friday press conferences. So those those are a special place to be for the few beat riders that make it out for those last one here offensively, John again, watching the tape, Gino looks great, but you mentioned it as well, he's been in some duress in terms of the pass rush of the opposition and correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems like a lot of that is coming from the perimeter. And you know, again as a former coup Go Koog's, Charles Cross and Abe Lucas were so good as rookies and the injuries last year some up and down play. Where do you think we are on that offensive line going into this week?
Speaker 1: Pre matchup Yeah, Charles Cross has been honestly one of the best players on that offense through two weeks. He's playing great, He's coming off a great camp, but they're missing Lucas now the guy is you mentioned, the former Cook started his whole rookie season deltha knee injury last year that led to surgery in the offseason.
Speaker 3: He's still working his way back from that on the pup list.
Speaker 1: So he's out at least two more games, where we don't really know for sure his prognosis beyond that. But yeah, and then George started the season to place him, he got hurt, missed the next game, so we don't know yet.
Speaker 3: His availability either.
Speaker 1: So they really played last week on their third option at right tackle, Stone foreside Pitt, and you know, he was solid. But you know, when you're down to your third option is not necessarily going to look like you want. So they have you know, i'd say if they're healthy at tackle, that's probably the strength of their line. The interior has been a little less steady, and you know, they they changed out all three of their starting guys in the interior line and the off season they're kind of still competing at right guard as they go, but has been mostly Anthony Bradford, a second year guy who took over as a starter due to injury.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 1: They brought in Cotter Williams center, who they expect to be, you know, an upgrade.
Speaker 3: He's been a really good player everywhere he's been.
Speaker 1: Miami fans know about him, but he's you know, coming off the injury and you know he's healthy and he's playing.
Speaker 3: But I gotta think he's.
Speaker 1: Going to get better as he gets more up to speed in the offense and just kind of catches up physically after missing most of training camp. And then you know, the left guard is the veteran Lake and Tomlinson who they signed this year. So I think they're confident this line will get better, but it's just not really where they want to be at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should be a fun matchup on Sunday with the Dolphins take on that Seahawks offense. I want to talk about the Seahawks defense versus the Dolphins offense next here with John Boyle from Seahawks dot Com. Coming up next the Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. We did the Seahawks offense, now moving on to the Seahawks defense with my guest today, John Boyle from Seahawks dot Com, and I let us into the scheme question earlier, John, I'll do the exact same thing here on defense. And again we know a lot about that Ravens influence here with Anthony Weaver. But what have been the early returns with Mike McDonald's scheme over there in Seattle, which is, you know, such a departure from what Pete Carroll used to do up there in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's earlier returns are mostly very positive. I mentioned earlier that the run defense struggled against New England, who's.
Speaker 3: Run the ball very well. Their first two games.
Speaker 1: They get one hundred and eighty five on the ground, quite a bit of that after contact, which first game they tackled really well. They're just all over every you know, all the Denver short passes and they just didn't play quite as clean. So but the passing defense, you know, again they haven't been tested like what they'll see against Miami. But the passing defense has been phenomenal the first two games. We've really not given up much of anything other than some checkdown stuff. I think cornerback might be, you know, arguably the best position on that team or one of in terms of depth and talent. They really like what they have going on the back end in general safety as well. So pass rush has been very disruptive, but maybe not had quite the sack production they want. I mean, I still think they have. I think it's five sacks through two games something like that. But the pressure rates and all that has been very good. So, you know, like you'd expect from McDonald defense, the way they mix up all the pressures they bring, so a lot to like. The main thing right now is, you know, can they stop the run a lot better than they did? Again, Sue, you're not going to win a lot of games where you're out rushed by one hundred and forty yards like they were last week.
Speaker 2: And you have to imagine the Dolphins could be heavy in the run game with Sclar Thompson at quarterback there, so exactly, it definitely tracks, but maybe that gives the Seahawks a chance to kind of load up for it more on the back end. On the front end, but you also have Tyreek Hill on Jill and Waddle, so sometimes you got to pick your poison. Miss Dolphins offense, regardless of who's a quarterback. You mentioned, they're the pressure and they're getting home. The update on Chennanewosu, who's one of my favorite under the radar players in the entire National Football League. Always loved his game going back to USC, is he going to be available and if he's not, how have they kind of mitigated his absence off the edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, you'll kind of go back like we were talking about as kind of walker or you know, we're not getting a lot of injury and foe beyond what they have to arrivee. So we'll see Wednesday whether he practices. So far, he's missed two games. For the fans who don't know, he injured his knees, I think I can'memer if we were told what specifically was, but you know, knee sprain in the final preseason game was a victim of an unfortunate chop blob that got flagged in the preseason, which you don't love to see. But anyway, he they said, you know, they didn't put him on the air because they expected him to not be out that four game stretch, So you'd think hopefully he's getting close. But again we'll have to wait and see on the injury port when that comes to us. But yeah, he's uh, you know, he might have been their best defensive player in twenty twenty two when he first got here, and then he tore his pack midway through last year, so he missed half a season. The you know, the good news, they'd feel deeper at that edge rush spot than they have in the past, both in terms of some guys they've added, but also a big part of that's been you know, boy merging boy and mafees continued emergence. He had nine sacks last year and he's got two in his first two games this year. And then Derek Hall, he's the guy they drafted in the second round last year, had kind of a quiet year. He played a decent amount on special teams and was part of the rotation, but didn't really show up that much. And he had just a great camp and he's been, you know, playing a lot of these first two games and very involved.
Speaker 3: So you know, they've had some depth there. They like what they have there. And then you know, Mafey's been big party.
Speaker 1: He's played a ton, He's been on the field for a ton of snaps, which you would think would come down win China gets back, but he's really carried the load there.
Speaker 3: And then they also kicked Draymond Jones outside more.
Speaker 1: He was a guy that was a little bit more of an interior guy last year, so he's kind of helped bridge that gap as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can borrow from that interior. When you have Learnd Williams and Byron Murphy and Jaron Reid, all these guys that just kick asid inside. It's a fun group to watch. And you know, at the Dolphins do such a good job of kind of making it tough on edges with how they scheme and run a lot of eye candy in that backfield, so it makes for a fun matchup. I want to conclude though here with my favorite matchup on the entire field, which again, you know, you'd love to see the QB one available for it to make the most of it. But you know, Tyreek Hill and Gillen Waddle against you know, Devon Witherspoon, Reek Woollen and Trey Brown, it's one of the best cornerback trios in the NFL. Just curious your perspective looking at that from the Eahawks perspective, I should say how they how do they handle Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'll be really curse to what you can do because it's not a situation and the kind of have this with the receivers of Okay, you want to try to shut down Terry Kill or DK Metcalf whatever, Well they've got other weapons. Go back to the opener for the Seahawks. The DK Metcalf has a quiet game because they've got pat Certaina on them. So Tyler Lockett has a big game. So I kind of feel like it's the same thing with this Dolphins offense. If you focus too much on one guy, you might get in trouble with another one. So I would guess, again, you know, see what they do, but I would guess it's less like trying to get certain matchups and traveling cornerbacks with Kays versus more just doing the stuff they trust.
Speaker 3: Now, I will say, I want to get you know, you get your coach.
Speaker 1: I'll get my coach, and I want to make sure we have a Tyreek Hill on Riek Woland just go route to just see those two sprinting in the open field. I want to see the I want to see the track meet between those two because those are legitimately probably two of the very fastest guys in the NFL. But yeah, I mean it's quarterback group has just been really fun to watch so far. Reek one and did not have the best second season. He came into the aar injured, got banged up in the air, and played through a lot of stuff, but just it was kind of a drop off from his standout rookie year, and he looks like he's all the way back to that rookie season for him, if not better. And then Devin Witherspoon has been you know, he might already be the best player on that team honestly, just pure talent wise, and he's you know, just starting his second year. So those two guys especially are just a ton of fun. And then Trey Brown's just kind of that like huge chip on his shoulder competitor. Maybe not quite the physical talents of those other two, but really good player and really feisty guys. So it's a fun group and I'm really look forward to watching those guys battle without this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Witherspoon was one of those guys where when you watched his college tape, it was like there's no way, he's not going to be a great NFL player. He just was so good and so pure and so obviously going to translate to the next level. And for all the parents out there listening, if you want your kid to run a four to three or sub four three, I guess just named them reek because that's what it sounds like we have here with with Ty Yeah, exactly. They both go by w Reek. There. So good stuff there. Last question for you, John the Seahawks I ask all the big guests on the show the same question. The Seahawks win this game if and then you fill in the blank.
Speaker 3: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: I don't dove into the matchup as much as I should, but I would say, you know, sticking with that conversation we had, if they just limit the big plays in the passing game, you know, I don't think you can completely neutralize the weapons of Miami has, but don't.
Speaker 3: Let them, you know, tords, you you get the big plays.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, we'll going back to the un game conversation. I think they need to be better on both sides of the running game. But what really I think scares everyone when they play Miami and should be true of this one, is you just don't want to start letting teams.
Speaker 3: Be over the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makes perfect sense. Senior reporter at Seahawks dot Com at John P. Boyle on Twitter. Hey John, those Mariners I checked out about three weeks ago. My Mariners. Are they going to mess around and sneak into the playoffs? They're two games out today.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm so scarred by the Marriers. I'm afraid. I'm too afraid to give up.
Speaker 1: Every time they they start to you know, they get hot and then my wife gives me hard time back.
Speaker 3: She's like, they're just gonna disappoint you, and you know more than that. She's right. So we'll see. But yeah, they've they made it interesting. So a lot point and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Spoken like a Truemanyers fan, John, you're the best man. I appreciate you, Thank you, appreciate it, and away he goes. Great stuff there from mister Boyle talking about Seahawks and Dolphins. Four oh five Sunday afternoon from lumen Field. It used to be Century Link, the Link, the Clink, whatever they called it. It is now lumen Field. I think it's supposed to be a little bit rainy up there. On Sunday as it is wont to be in. I guess it's officially fall as of that game. Anyway, let's go ahead and do something here real quick before I take my last break, and we do the Week three picks on the other side of the show here. And it comes back to fan discourse on Twitter, and for instance, you know, I want to start with a different play, a couple of different plays, because I saw some discourse over the Rome A dounees a catch that was not in the end zone from Caleb Williams and complaining about Rome's game being contested catches and he has the greatest hands in the world, and I just it just couldn't have been more misguided than what it was. Like. It was a bad ball. He was being tackled from the front, The route was not to go over the back shoulder. It was a slant inside like everything about that play was disjointed, and fans are saying that because it was a high football for a go get it receiver, he should have made the catch way off. Completely wrong. I saw Bengals fans and this is a Homer thing. I get this calling the DPI on them against the Chiefs. The worst DPI call in the history of the NFL. It was the most obvious DPI call in the history of the NFL, the one that really got me though. And this kid was probably fifteen years old whatever you know, who cares, But it was Bryce young throwing a ball that got batted down in traffic, and he was trying to throw to a receiver who was outside of the hook linebacker and was running the curl off of that hook linebacker in behind him in front of a safety. So he tries to throw this ball with anticipation in the middle of the field between these two Panthers defenders and the fan that's breaking this down to saying he's not even on the other side of the defender yet. You can't even see him. He hasn't even gotten into his break yet. Like that is elite quarterback play when you can do that successfully. We talk about on the show all the time. Anticipation and seeing the window before it's there is how you play the position. So I just keep seeing all this discourse where it's like you have no idea what you're talking about, none whatsoever. But here we are making videos and I go back to the Dolphins. I'm gonna lose some of you here, but stay with me. These screenshots of offensive line play, Like, okay, I saw the screenshot of the pick six right, that's your quarterback that made the mistake there. I mean, look, you got you, guys got me. The people doing this have got me. Disparaging Tua to prop up the offensive line play like, look at what you did to me?
Speaker 3: What if they don'e do? What did they do that?
Speaker 2: On that play, Tua has room to step up into the pocket and take a check down. And also on third and long, hey, just eat the sack man. You don't have to throw it to the to the Buffalo defense to avoid a sack. That was his fault. That was his bad play. I don't know. It seems like confirmation bias to me, is what. It seems like we have this concept of the offensive line is not good enough, so we're gonna take one screenshot from an entire game and make that fit our narrative. I keep seeing the three yards per carry offensive line guru a guy that coaches offensive line, Eric Smith, and he's providing these breakdowns and we have fans telling him he's wrong. You know you're wrong, and using one of two things to justify it their own eyes. And then when he asks the fan, please show me specific examples, which is how I always approach this. If somebody disagrees with my breakdown, I say show me because I know you haven't in the homework and I have, and they'll tell him if you can't see it, then you're just blind. Or the second one, my favorite over that even the PFF grades. You know, I saw a tweet that listed out PFF grades and said these are facts, when PFF's literal tagline in these grades are that they are subjective. And by the way, just a quick aside on PFF, who has hemorrhaged talent in the last couple of months if you haven't noticed. The only enterprise they care about is their pro package or whatever it's called, because the NFL teams have access to that, and it's way greater than the commercial product that they offer to you, to me, the fans, they're consumer facing products. They don't care about those. That's not where they make their money. They are in bed with the National Football League giving way more high level content than what that provides for film study, for analytics, for all that stuff. That's why they have you know their lowest level employees doing these grades. I promise you those grades are not at all ref across NFL offensive line rooms. They just cannot be because you're not in those rooms. You don't know the assignments. It's not possible. And that's why there's a huge disconnect on what pff O line grades are. Like O line is separate than there are other grades which are also very subjective and have no real actual merit attached to them. The offensive line is by far the trickiest one to do, so I just get on Twitter now and I wind up shutting the app off. Aside from all the the election season stuff that is enough to make you want to never look at your phone again. But it's Dolphins content that's making me be like, I can't do this anymore. It's making me question my own profession and working in the space where I'm trying to communicate these things to a world of now, just all content creators? Is that what it is? Like? Is it a desire for everyone to have content creation or to put takes on Twitter for likes? And I just don't get it, Like, we don't all have to have a take on every little thing, like I'm a I'm a very I'm a very obviously passionate, analytical Dolphins fan who loves the intricacies of the why and built a career out of it. I'm a huge Manners fan. I'm a huge Washington State Cougar's fan. I love the Miami Heat. I have my teams. Those other teams, I don't tweet about them. I don't ask for jobs. I don't break things down. I don't even know who the koug starting offensive line was in the game against the Huskies and the Apple Cup because it's a casual thing I do for fun, so I'm not gonna get on there and start complaining about I don't even know what system they run. To be quite honest with you guys, ever since Cam war left, I don't know the offense. I just watched the games and have fun like I don't care, like this is my job. I literally attend meetings and coaching clinics and learn the game to know how to watch film, and then I do watch the film for hours upon hours every single week. And even still I have to admit to blind spots all the time because I don't know everything that I'm doing. When it comes to watching film that damn screenshot on the two of Pick six man, go back and screenshot all the perfect pockets they had because they were there in the first half of the game. Go back and screenshot the massive lanes for Devon A. Channon because they were there in the first half of that game. I bet we don't do that. You know, I saw them. I saw those things play out because I watched the film multiple times. Did those people watch the film and get those screenshots of the positive plays or are we just acting upon confirmation bias? Hell, I did three different podcasts this off season and explain this stuff a person who was in the building who knows the philosophies of the offense, and after having me on, I still see the exact same complaints with no understanding of what I taught. It boggles my mind. No offense to those podcasts, but same complaints despite the issues not really being there. I'm baffled, and let me nip this in the butter real quick, because I know it's gonna come back to this. It always does, and yeah, it really bothers me, but it is what it is. I know there's a certain section of the fan base that immediately disregards my comments because of my position. He's Dolphins propaganda. He can't say anything negative. Whatever. We will never get those people to listen to our content. They want truth tellers, even if that truth teller took four years to learn what a four to three verses of three four, or what the RPO looks like, or has no idea what split flow is or five to zero protection or a bump is in motion in covering motion and defense. They want truth so long as the confirmers are negative feelings, right, We're never gonna ge those folks. They're not listening to this podcast right now. You want negativity. We have plenty of things that we have sucked at through two games, bad football almost across the board. But I can tell you right now, putting everything on the offensive line is just confirmation bias. It hasn't even been that bad that Compare uson to the Bears offensive line and Sunday Night Football, the PFF grades. The Texans allowed more pressures and the Bears did in that game, and everyone loves their offense and their quarterback. The Saints had three true drop back passes in a game. They scored forty four points against the Dallas. This is how the NFL works. Now, Okay, this is why I can't get on Twitter. This is what I want to say on Twitter. But here are This is my show, so I can do it. And it enrages me to see these takes just because they come from a completely uninformed place. That's my only thing.
Speaker 3: I'm on tethered at my rage.
Speaker 2: No snow bounds, Learn, don't, don't fire off takes. Learn and then fire off takes.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Talk about your receivers struggling to get off the line of scrimmage, talk about their limited snap counts and calling upon fourth and fifth receivers and critical moments. Talk about the tight end position doing nothing in the first game of the season, talk about the quarterback playing like six bad corps of football through you know, the first two games. There's a million things wrong with this team right now. And to put it all on the offensive line, you just don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry. I want to make that as gentle as I can, but that's the truth. And then to say, oh, Chris Greer refuses to fix the offensive line for the twenty fifth time, Look at where my McDaniel came from. Look at how those lines were constructed across this entire offensive system. It ain't Chris Greer who puts the offensive line together, folks. Okay, and again, this system, the most successful one in the NFL right now, is never, ever, ever, ever going to prioritize guard play. Look at the Panthers. They fix their offensive line right There's a first round draft pick at left tackle, there's a second round draft pick at center. And they signed a right guard for twenty million bucks and a left guard for thirteen million bucks. How's it working out for them? They game score damn point. My goodness, it drives me nuts. I know it won't stop, but this is my one platform where I can get it off my chest. So there you go. Let's take our last break on the show. Right there, come back on the other side and pick the week three games across the National Football League. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Another ten and six week crazy week across the National Football League.
Speaker 3: Hunh.
Speaker 2: We had the Cowboys lost to the Saints and blowout fashion. The Bucks beat the lines at home or in Detroit, I should say, Malik Willis threw like eight passes and won a game against the Colts. Weird Weird week Man Baltimore loss of the Raiders the Eagles on Monday Night. Eat your heart out, Vic Fangio. Let's go into week number three here, and we usually do the picks on Friday, but I the Great Kevin Harlan joins us on Friday, so we're gonna have him on the show along with Kyle Krabs. So we're gonna pick the games right now, and which means we're gonna spoil the pick for the Dolphins game on Sunday. What did he do? It starts on Thursday night. Cue the music. The Jets over the Patriots. I think the Patriots could win this game. Overtime loss. Going on the road on Thursday is going to be a tough turnaround for that team, and I don't think they're very good. But I also don't think the Jets are very good, so I expect it to be a close game. But the Jets, I think are better, so they will get that win at home. Give me the Browns over the Giants. I will not pick the Giants until they win a game this year. I'm taking the Eagles over the Saints. I just am not buying into the Saints right now. Might bite me in the butt here soon, but a Clint Kubiak offense looks beautiful early in the season. We'll see how they adapt when defense is adapt to that offense. I think the Eagles will have their number after a tough loss on Monday Night. Give me the Texans over the Vikings. Very close on this one. We saw Brian Flores shut down a you know Shanahan offense, the Shanahan offense in week number two. You can you do it back to back weeks against Bobby Slowick, against a better quarterback than c. J.
Speaker 3: Stroud.
Speaker 2: We shall see. I'll take the Bucks over the Broncos. The Broncos are awful, right, aren't they just terrible? Now? The Bucks are fine, They're a good team, but they're gonna get that win over the Broncos at home. The Titans over the Packers. I think the Titans are gonna get a win eventually. Eventually, Will Lewis will not make a game changing boneheaded play. I think it happens this week without Jordan Love, I imagine for the Packers. Give me the Colts over the Bears. Hey, who knew that? Running around backwards as a quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Wasn't gonna work.
Speaker 2: He can get better, but it's not gonna work up here, Big Doug, you gotta get better at that. Give me the Colts over the Bears. The Chargers over the Steelers. I hate this because these teams are so completely mediocrely mundane. At two to zero, someone's going to be three to oh and they're not even good teams. If drives me crazy, but we'll get there. Teams always start off hot and they fade late in the season. Both the teams will be those teams. Chargers over the Steelers, Seahawks over the Dolphins. I will not pick Miami if two is not playing, just going to be how it is. The Panthers over the Raiders. I think the change to Andy Dalton will give that offense some life at least for one game. And the Raiders riding the high off the win over the Ravens, we'll dip back down and the Panthers get an upset win there. Give me the Niners over the Rams. My goodness, has anybody been decimated more than the Rams so far this season? I'll take the Lines to bounce back over the Cardinals. Give me the Ravens big over the Cowboys to get their first win of the year. I'll take the Chiefs over the Falcons. What a miracle win for the Falcons on Monday Night. But you can do that. It's the Chiefs, no chance, Buffalo over Jacksonville on Monday Night football, and the Bengals over the Commanders also on Monday Night. So there you go. Tomorrow the in depth Preview podcast, I'll tell you why I believe the Seahawks will beat the Dolphins on Sunday. On Friday, we'll have Kevin Harlan and the Great Kyle Krabs. Plenty to come your way here, including a brand new episode of Dolphins HQ on Thursday with some breakdowns. Really big fan of this episode, please do me. If you hear this podcast, go watch the HQ episode as well. In the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe, rate, review the podcast, all that fun stuff. Follow me on social at winkfolm NFL. The team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities Dolphins, Dolphins HQ, I should say, and much much more and last, but not least to Miami Dolphins dot Com until next time. Finns Up, Carolina and Cameron Daddy just coming home.