Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Happy holidays.
Speaker 5: You are in the Players Lounge on Christmas Eve. And of course Jesse Holly dressed for the occasion.
Speaker 4: I'm not, I'm new he scrugs.
Speaker 5: He's Jesse Holly for for Cowboys football player he got he is heck Ma Harrison right here. He is a high school voice, extraordinary college extraordinair doing G League basketball.
Speaker 6: Miss gotta get out to a game? What I got to get out to a game?
Speaker 4: Popcorn on him? Did you? Yeah? He turned no, no, no, So let me tell you so, so let me tell you. Let me tell you that guy? Yeah you know. So he and uh and Kyle Yeoman, they're they're they're doing the game, and I call his name first, so I'm trying to get their attention. But of course there the headphones are on and it's a little bit of a crowd, and so he's not answering. So I'm like you know, I don't want to be the guy that later on they be like, damn, bro, you came to the game, you ain't higher at me. You ain't say nothing, said fred cat Dog nothing. So I'm trying to get his attention and I can't. So I had popcorn, so I started pelting him in the back of the head with popcorn. He turned around with the what did christ? Uh? Uh uh? Link? What was it?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 7: Like? What?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 4: What's that that? Your boy? What do you say?
Speaker 5: Let the real nay saying no, no.
Speaker 4: Said He turned around with that They say what like? He turned around and he was looking like whatever job I was doing today, I was getting ready to lose. And when he turned around, he saw his migo. Hey dog, don't don't do that. But he turned around like I'm getting ready turned this mother out. Let me make you feel good about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, make.
Speaker 4: You feel good about it. So stop me when I'm lying, Stop me when I'm lying that you didn't turn around with the I'm about to bust up in the stands. Whoever threw popcorn at me.
Speaker 1: You know, we.
Speaker 4: Said we we lived by the wish factor.
Speaker 1: We wish, we wish you would yeah.
Speaker 8: He turned around like, oh, I wish I wish him, guy, please, I love you.
Speaker 5: I go out to go out to the Ranger games and Mark mclore o. What they're doing is doing this stuff. And one of my favorite things.
Speaker 4: To do.
Speaker 5: To black men broadcasting when they're on set and they're trying to concentrate.
Speaker 4: And I did it tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Hey boy, we're talking about her brother because.
Speaker 9: You got to stop that. You gotta stop doing that goes beyond popcorn. You get you thought you thought the popcorn?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what.
Speaker 4: Here's where I got the store, Okay.
Speaker 6: And how I came to.
Speaker 5: Start doing that is it was Everson Walls being inducted into the Black Sports Texas Hall of Fame, and so he had he had Michael Downs and they were talking about and he's like, this story is called hey boy, And they talked about when Everson was a free agent with the Cowboys and Michael Downs with the team Dennis Thermones.
Speaker 6: He had just had lunch of Dennis.
Speaker 4: Thermott and.
Speaker 5: Somebody caught the ball on Everson in training camp and I guess he kind.
Speaker 4: Of stopped running.
Speaker 5: Jeene Stallings defensive coord.
Speaker 6: And he yells out.
Speaker 4: Hey boy, you don't stop running. I know, stop.
Speaker 8: State University than you the troubles.
Speaker 4: Boy, you don't stop running.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Ever, Michael, No, that's different. So down said man, we took beds.
Speaker 6: He getting cut, he's getting.
Speaker 4: It slowed down.
Speaker 5: You got attitude. He's gone, he's gone. And lo and behold we all know and not only ever s make the team. Ever, she makes the team, and you know, leads the league and picks and so man, I was just dying laughing.
Speaker 1: You gotta stop doing that.
Speaker 6: Stop doing that like that story.
Speaker 4: Hey boy, Yeah, man, you're gonna get somebody hurt you.
Speaker 8: Man, you live in dangerous Birkener High School, I said, out of Berner, out of out of Berkner High School. Ever, some walls my bad. That's uh, that's crazy. I'm glad you do me like that. Yeah, she said that, you know.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, he was you. You pushed it. But I just went watch jump.
Speaker 4: I told the line, you said, the hell with it?
Speaker 1: What line?
Speaker 6: Watch this, hold my drink watching macamore.
Speaker 4: Just turn around. That'll that will definitely good. It was a turnaround.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna make sure I lock guys with you because I'm gonna make sure I know.
Speaker 4: Who you is. As soon as you goes to this commercial break, is you and I and I gonna have a conversation and it might be some furnishment and of course you.
Speaker 6: I just laughed that point you like first is a look at this Guson.
Speaker 1: Just make sure nobody's around you when you.
Speaker 4: That's how he let me tell you. He turned around. Heck turned around and was like, oh, I'm going on these stands.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 4: He he was ready to go full Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers around our house. He was ready. He was ready to go. And I looked. I looked. He looked at me, said, don't don't don't do that. Man, know I just cable hug. Are you calling any holiday games at all? You're gonna have this time off?
Speaker 8: We're gonna I'm yeah, I'm back at I'm calling on Saturday. I got games on Saturday. I don't have anything between now and then Saturday and Sunday. I'm booked and busy. Bro basketball, Yeah, basketball basketball. I got G League basketball on Saturday and in Tarleton for a double hiller, a doubleheader men's and women's. Billy Gillespie, Yeah, he is, he talked, about that guy right there. He is a serious business man. He is a character. He's somebody what what did what did Billy do? Because he was what did he do? Did he get himself in some trouble?
Speaker 1: That's debatable?
Speaker 6: So here here's this is just my personal Billy Glass.
Speaker 5: But no, no, just so he was at A and M and winning then, but he wanted the Kentucky job. So he goes and takes a Kentucky job and just doesn't work out, doesn't fit you. You know, a guy played North Calendar. There's certain certain folks from places you gotta go fit. There was some kind of like basketball breakfast that going back to rock every coach there does Rup did it, Joby Hall did it, Eddie Sutton did it? Patino? You know, Tubby Smith, he like, I ain't doing it, hey bro, everybody since u's been doing this and we're talking about dudes who's won championship that you should probably do.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: And then of course you know they run him out of there. And I just always think about you were at A and M. Man, they were happy with you, love them, You're the football. To me, it's like I think Rick Barnes is the smartest basketball coach that I've seen in a long time. Rick Barnes is coaching football schools Clemson, Texas now Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, leave me alone. Just come see me in March. Who'll be in the tournament?
Speaker 6: Oh, now you're here and just making it.
Speaker 1: They smart enough to stay out of the way too, making money, right.
Speaker 5: Just making money a school in the tournament, MA can catch good stuff. But and and I think about Billy Chillspie could still be coach a f today.
Speaker 4: How do you just stay there?
Speaker 5: And I know it's Kentucky all like, man, you just keep on stacking those chips at you. And it's not like you're not gonna get paid this. It's not like they're not gonna pay you. They're going to pay you. Mean, while I buzz, William got the buzz getting paid and turn good.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about them Capital. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The owner, Gerald Wayne Jones, on Friday does his radio show on one O five three the Fan, and he said they've had discussions he and head coach Mike McCarthy about the future.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, Mike from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: We left yesterday and y'all y'all had me on, y'all had me right up against the ropes.
Speaker 1: I was taking blows, y'all. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I was. I had junk. I sat in the car.
Speaker 8: I wasn't sat in the car for about thirty minutes playing some shot.
Speaker 1: This is no ordinary love.
Speaker 4: I hate shotting.
Speaker 1: Really, are you serious? You are?
Speaker 8: Definitely you are always. That is a conversation piece from him, just like you know what the thing.
Speaker 4: They put up there?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, anyway, I don't I don't get I don't get it.
Speaker 1: You don't get what I don't get shot it. I don't get it. Oh man, sweetest taboo dude.
Speaker 5: I've heard I heard her like for twenty years in the morning nun stopped like.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. I've heard it.
Speaker 6: I heard these songs like twin. I just never got I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So look yeah anyway, yeah, anyway, that's.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting there. I'm sitting there shot.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to figure out when you guys were talking yesterday about we got into the Mike McCarthy conversation, and I thought it was a no brainer when I asked the question about did that win give him some good will and the emphatic you didn't say hell no, but the look of hell no on your face and the expression afterwards, and then the way.
Speaker 1: That you put it.
Speaker 8: And then we got into the realm of would you trade pieces for another head coach?
Speaker 4: And I was taking a back.
Speaker 8: I was taking him back because I don't understand it, and I look, I get it. A lot of times sports takes they take a turn. I'm just standing on business. When it comes down to the guy that's been coaching this team for the last five years and the job that he did in those twelve and five seasons, did he win.
Speaker 1: A big job?
Speaker 8: And I think your overarching thing was he was bought here for a reason and that reason was to take this team to an NFC championship. Stop shot of a super Bowl, but at least to the NFC Championship. So that's three playoff wins. That's three playoff wins, and he hasn't gotten there yet. And what's confusing to me is there used to be a time where you would at least say that a coach is on the doorstep. I've never gotten that with Mike. No one has ever said. Like the Cowboys, it seems like after every playoff loss or even when you win, when you beat Tampa, no one has ever said the Cowboys are close under Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: And that's confusing to me.
Speaker 8: And now that it's being said that maybe he will come back to people being confused by that. That's another thing that just I sit back and say, what has this guy done to piss off so many people? That when owner Jerry Jones makes a statement like that, people are just like, here we go again, a little bit of the same with the coach that's had success.
Speaker 5: All right, before you go, before you make it real quick, Mike McCarthy is dying for other people's sins as well.
Speaker 4: You're just the guy in front.
Speaker 5: Now you have your own issues, but the past failure, you're carrying that too on the back for what other people that do.
Speaker 4: You're every August, every team thirty two teams that enter training camp with one goal and one goal in mind, Hoyste Lombardi, thirty one of them fail every single year, Okay for almost thirty years. No matter what coach you've put in line, they have come up short. The Cowboys have a total of what four playoff wins since ninety six? Something like that, four four and twelve. I got one, Jason's got one. Way he got one total of four playoff wins. And we're talking about over two decades. Yeah yeah, when you're when line one when you take a head coaching job is to get us there. You had resources which resulted in really good regular seasons. But we've been there, We've done that. What I am looking for now is what do you have after four or five years that you can show me that gets us over the hump. I don't care about these meaningless wins that endaver season that you're they don't forget, do not forget. You can go and beat Tampa. You can go and get beat.
Speaker 1: Filling you Detroit.
Speaker 4: End of the day, you have been mathematically eliminated. Okay, and I get you can put the injuries in front. They were losing when they had healthy guys. They were losing when they had micah, and they were losing when they had that. They were losing when they had demo and tanking. They were losing then too. I don't know how long of a sample you need to see, or how long of a of a of a product do you need to see that says what more Will, I'm gonna have to give you so much more to overcome your good And I don't want to beat a dead horse and be redundant. But Mike's good. You gotta beat the greats in order to get to the Lombardi. And you've yet to show me anything in your bag, whether that bag is a goal yard or Louis or Gucci or Fendi, damn a jazz sport that can propel us to get over and pass the greats.
Speaker 5: And so yesterday when we were talking about this Jesse, we spoke about what did the general manager give the head coach this year that that should tell you, Oh wow, I should have a whole lot more they have. They've had an issue in the playoffs for three straight years now because they can't stop the run and they can't run the ball.
Speaker 4: General manager do anything to fix it on either side of the football.
Speaker 5: So that's there, I am consistently saying, and this is in all sports. Really, if you want to fire a guy, tell me who's coming in. For years, I watched people teams get rid of Marty Shotenheimer cause you know, shot shotting Networks super Bowl, Okay network, super Bowl, one lot of games with couldn't and super Bowl get mad Cleveland, Ah done, brought it Bud Carson, Cleveland never did nothing. Go out to Kansas City. You know what, Ah, Marty can't get it done. They fired Marty wandering the desert until Andy Reid came there. Washington took it with eight and eight under Daniels side with a whole lot of bastuff, got rid of Marty. Then I think it brought Steve Spurry. We saw where that went after that, then charged fourteen and two. Oh not good enough, here man, go get rid of Marty. Then they brought in I think Uncle.
Speaker 4: Wave and uh yeah.
Speaker 5: So the whole time, you know, wasn't good enough, but Marty was always competing.
Speaker 4: Had you there?
Speaker 5: Hey man, I just don't know if Jerry can get rid of Mike McCarthy. He don't end up with the whole Marty Sharton shot in Heimer syndrome. But what are you really gonna go do? Your better options were last year?
Speaker 1: Heck true, you should have If you're gonna do it, you should have done it. After the Green Bay game.
Speaker 4: Hardball, they're waving everybody for twenty years.
Speaker 6: Pick me because she ain't coming kick me.
Speaker 1: Didn't see it coming right.
Speaker 5: Didn't do it balla chick out there with eating a Chick fil whatever drive through trying to get a.
Speaker 1: Job chicken nuggets.
Speaker 4: He got a little, he got a little TENNARRONI off the blank for a job.
Speaker 5: Doing interviews at the interviews, Like he didn't go beat it off the blank in the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, dude, it's so.
Speaker 4: But but see you you you and I'm not this is not you. But you have the spirit of almost settling like you've come like you've come to a point where you're saying, well, man, like That's how it feels. It feels as if.
Speaker 8: What limits this conversation is we can't talk about the other names, all right, and so then and so realize I step away from minute okay, because we can't do that. But I look at whoever you're going to bring in, and you, as a former NFL player, you know that if a new coach comes in, he's gonna want to recalibrate the roster. He's gonna want to get rid of guys. And obviously, when when you got brought Mike McCarthy in, you were not in those situations as far as contracts with guys guys like Dad CD. Any of those guys were not even on the roster. I'm talking about CD as far as he's concerned. How do you bring in a guy that's gonna be making those changes with your with it already being, with your contracts, the bevy of your contracts already out there, you're already up against the cap. You know what you have to do. You have to get guys in the draft right now. You're setting it up for your draft to be this year's draft. Whoever you get that first, second, third, and we don't have them fourth, but fifth, sixth, and seven are gonna have to be guys that are ready to play right now.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 8: Because you're already paying guys and you got other guys that you have to give the bag too in that go Yard Jans board, Louis or whatever it is. And you're asking another coach to come in here and deal with those same set of circumstances because who's your running back going into next year? Those are still gonna be questions that you're gonna have to answer.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. Heck, and I just see what you hold that thought.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll hold to hold that thought stop Holy the.
Speaker 5: Rebuttal to come back tease, Jesse Holly is going to continue to tell us while Michael from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: Probably something that's.
Speaker 5: A Blackcadam chefter here coming up. Jesse Holly, he's heck Mayers. I knew he Goes players brought you about Aristocrat Gaming on Christmas Eve right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 12: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred game that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and Crypto once That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 13: Prescott Kitts, It slides with a first.
Speaker 10: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 13: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 12: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot Com Slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 1: Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 8: Amanda Foster has been named your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: Heck Ma Harrison in him appreciate you, Thank you very much. He is Jesse Holly for dawna Skotwaite wide receiver.
Speaker 6: I knew good see Jesse, Jesse, Jesse Jesse is.
Speaker 4: Jesse is.
Speaker 1: A dude.
Speaker 4: Jesse would be.
Speaker 5: One of those leading the posse to tell Mike McCarthy, thank you very much, and we ain making it a parade.
Speaker 4: We appreciate your efforts. We wish you well in your future endeavors.
Speaker 5: Because Jesse is holding on to justice when you get what you deserve. Brought in here to take the Cowboys further than Jason Garrett. That hasn't happened. So when Jesse's minded Jesse's world, you know what you're gonna get you justice. You didn't get it done, thank you very much. You didn't live up to what we want.
Speaker 6: That's Jesse. We over here providing grace and mercy.
Speaker 4: That's black and white though that's black out if we can pull up them tapes. Context is black and white context as well. When when when we were in a head football search, I was standing on the table literally for Mike McCarthy because I believed what Jerry and them believed. Oh, this is a guy who understands what it takes to get the team. And I am a believer in pedigree, I really am. I believe in pedigree.
Speaker 1: I do. That's why we.
Speaker 4: Should have JJ TJ. White here.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that's that's a whole other thing, sidebar.
Speaker 4: And so this is this is a complete for me. January eighth, I was here when the plane landed. I still got video in my phone of the plane landing and Mike McCarthy getting off the plane. I'll excuse me, the helicopter landing and Mike McCarthy getting off the helicopter, and I'm like, let's go. And so now when I watch these things and we're talking about the conversation is you're talking about budget and cap and players and all these other things. And I am not naive to the fact that the Cowboys don't really go all in, but I'm also a realist and knowing it. Some pretty good talent here, some pretty good talent here. Your quarterback was in the second in the MVP running, your your wide receiver is top two, top three.
Speaker 6: Second team All Pro leg the league and touchdown passing.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I've been here when you when you had when you had Tiring and you had Frederickson, you had Mark I've been I've been I've been here for a while. Yeah, these grades ain't I've been here.
Speaker 8: But what does that have to do with Mazie not living up to his draft status, bringing in a rookie that doesn't play up to his draft status, not being able to get in a wide receiver to match with CD Lamb, not not having a linebacker to be able to step up and stop the run.
Speaker 1: One of those things.
Speaker 8: Like when you and aside from the end, but the talent not living up to God's draft status is not living up either.
Speaker 1: You place those things on Mike when you can go back to.
Speaker 8: Games and see where your defensive coordinator, whatever was going on with him the night before the Green Bay game, he came in with the wrong scheme.
Speaker 1: He got you burned.
Speaker 8: Now I'm telling you the offensively, whether Dak started slow or whatever, it is, the other points about this team, the talent on this team, What does that have to do with Mike Because Mike isn't the one that's going He's dealing with what he has.
Speaker 1: We know what kind of control.
Speaker 8: Mike has if you're placing those things on and what and you know that you need a talented roster to be able to compete when you go from good to great as you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Did he have that.
Speaker 4: This year?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: And that's the part i want people to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not just talking about the twenty twenty four season. I'm talking about the lead the years leading up to that, where you had the lead, you had a defense that led league in sacks or led the league in turnovers. You you had it when you had eight nine Pro Bowls on this team, both offensively, and defensively collect collectives. So based on that, where were you after the packer loss? I knew I knew it was over. I knew it was over there because and the reason why I knew it was over the reason why I knew it was over because I said everyone else, Because every year everyone else is getting better everyone else I knew. We already knew what the Niners were right at that time. We knew what the Niners were right. We knew Philly, we knew that was going to be a consistent battle with us. We saw in that year, Uh oh, the Mota City, the Mota City, mad Man, they putting this thing together. We knew, Okay, well, is Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that a fluke? Is Minnesota?
Speaker 10: Kunt of?
Speaker 4: We knew that everyone was getting better and the coaches that coaching them were more was more up to date in what the current NFL needs and should have. And so for me, I start looking around, I'm going, Oh, we can't compete with that. We can't compete with those dogs next year because they're the steps that we should have been taking they took.
Speaker 8: So was the forty nine is more talented than us? In those two playoff wins the two playoffs losses for us.
Speaker 5: Second time, for sure, second time, for sure, the first time, but they had the advantage on the sideline. And that's the point I keep getting back to. And so when you ask me about having the replacemental or having other guys in here, When I sit every single week and I do multiple shows and I watch.
Speaker 1: A lot of film, you're in good company.
Speaker 4: And I start looking at this stuff and I'm I'm, I'm. You know, you watch a game and you gotta go watch Detroit. Here for the Troit.
Speaker 12: You like.
Speaker 8: Different speed, what kender lamars? They not like us? Different they not when you go.
Speaker 4: And watch Green Bay when you're watching these other teams, when you go and watch you know you're prepping for one, like you're prepping for one team, but you just so happen to watch the other team offense, You're like, wait, they not, like, we don't look like that. And and they take guys. San Francisco took a fourth round running back Damn and then made him a thousand yard rusher and Isaac I forget his last name, but then they had Jordan Mason. This is I watched. Kyron Williams is another guy with the Rams. I mean, I watched these players, and I watched the coaches be able to take whatever ingredients you give me. You give me the Pooka, the cools of the world, and I turned him into one of the best receivers in the law.
Speaker 5: So for two years, from a strategic standpoint, okay, for the for the past two offseasons, there were potential candidates that could do what you're talking about when you talk because you feel like, well that, but you feel like they're not having a schematic advantage. So Sean Payton was available, and there were room where Sean Payton was.
Speaker 4: Like, hey, I still live here the house up street.
Speaker 5: So they didn't make the move because Mike went twelve and five, they didn't make the move. Then he goes to Broncos. And then last year, Okay, get embarrassed at home. You had two other candies we spoke about, you had a hardball, you had a bout. You chose not to do it. Your strategy was nope, nope, twelve and five, We're gonna go back and run it again. Now you're sitting here with the potential of a losing you know, of having a losing season because you're seven and eight right now, two to go those opportunities to try to hit the upgrade button.
Speaker 6: Girl, Beyonce is sending me upgradeing, I don't really think there's.
Speaker 5: An upgrade that people would feel comfortable with that would get the fan base and say, yeah, not saying not saying bringing Mike back is gonna get the fan base get you know, juiced up again too. The strategy is a little off, man. This is you know that old story when they say how Netflix begged Blockbuster to buy them and they said no. Then they said you kind of yeah, yeah, You're kind of sitting here in the Blockbuster Netflix moment here because I don't know if you don't want him back, Jesse, where do you really go?
Speaker 4: Where Ben Johnson ain't coming here? Based on because you don't want to? Well, because you because you're now Here's where I wholeheartedly agree with both of you on the on the GM side of things. Because I'm old enough if my memory is good enough to remember you telling me about the check that you would right to get you to a Super Bowl, I'm I'm I'm I'm old enough to remember that my memories. I ain't she ain't c t ain't jumped on me. Yet I'm olding nothing but to recollect, he said those three years. So that part I wholeheartedly agree with you, And I guess my hope is is that you take the gamble and you say, you know what, I've been doing it for this long, for so long, and it ain't It ain't work for me, and I had to take a gamble the last time that I got success, I took a gamble on a college coach. Yeah, and now I grant it, the circumstances were different. You're bleeding money, You're looking for a way to change this thing immediately. You didn't have a salary cap. I get it. I understand all of those things.
Speaker 8: Can I answer that, Jesse? He didn't just hire any college coach. He hired one of the best coaches, right, a guy that had and for the reaction from even the fan base where they hired Swins was like, Lo, this guy is approven when everybody knows who he is.
Speaker 4: So I'm hoping that eventually this cycle gets back to That's my hope.
Speaker 6: My question for both of them.
Speaker 5: Neither one of us are there at this age, But how many eighty one year old peas out here take Risks versus eighty one year old people were saying, this is what I know, and this is what I feel comfortable with, and this is what I built.
Speaker 6: How many eighty one year olds? I mean, warm Buffett?
Speaker 4: Is it that age?
Speaker 5: Buffer ain't really taking a whole lot of chances on stuff. You kind of set in your ways at that point in time. It's kind of like when you're young, you listen to whatever the new music is because you're trying to listen to new stuff.
Speaker 4: But now you know you're get in your car.
Speaker 5: You hey, man, it's my little mustard right this, this is what we listened to.
Speaker 8: Yet I got my bat.
Speaker 4: Turn out? But see if but now ooh you got one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wait no no, wait, no, no no no. I gotta say this because it won't it won't work.
Speaker 1: It won't work.
Speaker 4: Well break but all right, you don't like shot? Eh?
Speaker 1: But if that?
Speaker 4: If that, if that? With them thighs and them pretty few get in the car and she goes. They just does something to me, me to you, sweetest time, even though you don't like it, and even though it's not no, and even though you don't like it, and even though even though you just another sad, love sothing, No, even though you don't like crazy and love.
Speaker 14: If that thing sitting in the passage the seat riding shotgun and she got she got on that band dress and she put on those high.
Speaker 4: This is an old school young guy with some of that sweet perfume. Special play that play that shot day.
Speaker 5: It's not you don't play that.
Speaker 4: You're gonna play that ship stack you when you get out, but you're gonna flap every and.
Speaker 1: That just done so to me, you're gonna be Jesse do he hit with.
Speaker 4: Johnny Gain was on not my kind of girl.
Speaker 6: For new addition, Jesse Holly he is heck hair something.
Speaker 1: These guys had a.
Speaker 6: Well chill with that cowboy dot Wow.
Speaker 1: Hey Danny mccraige here for smoothie King.
Speaker 11: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Grinola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season. The distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer Own Boss.
Speaker 13: Raisincine present the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Caine's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane.
Speaker 4: Sauce constitutes an illegal formation.
Speaker 13: And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of kains when it comes to winning game day Caines rules raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys to the players loud.
Speaker 8: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizes players who do so much more both on the field and in the community. Help Dallas Cowboy Numbingee Zach Martin raise funds for the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation by casting your Charity challenge, vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year, or tweet your support using the hashtag Wpmoyallenge. Voting ends on January the sixth. Vote forward, Zach, Thank you you guys.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: I didn't know I needed a karaoke machine in here.
Speaker 4: I know what the locker room sound like this The player is loud. We talk in the locker room. That's how we talk.
Speaker 8: That's how we got to figure out what's going on with this shot is heck Maherrison, Jesse, how I am a new distressed look.
Speaker 4: It's just just cool.
Speaker 5: So I've told people before, man, I would be a failed a n R executive. Okay, I'm just I can't call them, Okay, I just can't.
Speaker 6: And I also understand. I know I'm the outline.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: People love you too.
Speaker 5: I don't want to. I'm not into you too. Rolling stones don't people love to roll something? They got like three tunes not my jam. I don't like them. It's just not my thing.
Speaker 6: I had sweet tickets to see Taylor Swift one time.
Speaker 5: I gave him away to a friend. Hey you go, you ain't gonna tell you, but you don't take your daughters. I ain't telling them.
Speaker 11: I ain't.
Speaker 4: No. I don't want to sit up here here saying it's just my thing.
Speaker 1: We're not perfect.
Speaker 4: One year Shacktacular.
Speaker 5: Shaq would have this thing at Universal Studios where you bring in inter city of kids. Man, and he called up a bunch of Hey, you know, come judge and do whatever. So I go out there to help. And there was this show called love Line that Drew Pinsky had back in the back in the nineties. Man, and there was a lady who worked on it. I can't remember her name was she like the sidekick and I don't drink coffee. But it's early in the morning. We're standing there against like boy, you know, it's why did we agree to do this? Because you had to dry to gainst LAS. She had to try to get there early in the morning. And one thing I hated about LA is the national anthem because it's LA and all these new groups were performed the national anthem, so you'd be the boxing forum boxing. They bring in all these no name actual oh new gefferin recording artists, and.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody got to do American utiful. Everybody trying to they try to make a record doing.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 4: What a Shaq do?
Speaker 5: Bring out these five little white kids and go sing to national anthem? I'm like, look at these wanna be Backstreet Boys. That's when they was big, Backstreet Boys Big.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, what is this?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 4: So they come out here?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm like, and I look at the girl from love like this is about to be awful. Let's see how long we're gonna be here. Dudes got all messed up hair, some stuff in his hair. Man, kids go sing. I'm like, they're terrible.
Speaker 4: What kind of name is this? They ain't gonna never make it. The kids come right to us.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh my gosh, did somebody hear me? And they want to get on their show? So they you know, you just shake their hands everything and they leave it like, trust me, they ain't gonna never make it. Want to be Backstreet Boys? What kind of what kind of name is insane?
Speaker 15: What? Hey?
Speaker 1: This is the take no musical advice. That's it. That's it. I like it. But you know what I like. I like when people out themselves. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: When I know I'm no good and something, I'm out myself, I'm gonna tell you, hey, no.
Speaker 1: Look here's my taste. It ain't gonna work.
Speaker 5: I went to see jeral Lebert and Big Jerry Lerberg got went to see Jeryl Lbert now any Bear and the main The main person performed was Patti Labell. I didn't want to see Palea Bell, but I was on a date and I'm like, okay, fine, I'll stick around.
Speaker 8: Oh man, she was good Man's Patty Labell just kick her shoes off. When Patty kick her shoes, man, I just wasn't it Patty.
Speaker 16: Person starts to start hitting you with that come on man, but the okay, yeah, But but I found out she she could perform like she could perform, And there's.
Speaker 4: Certain people who can't. They can't perform. Boys and men.
Speaker 6: If you go see boys man, person will disappointed.
Speaker 4: They're not good. They come here in April, they're not good.
Speaker 1: Don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I trust you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I.
Speaker 4: In my head I was like, you know what, some boys and man coming here and as telling But I don't know if I can trust you or not.
Speaker 5: This one truck because I ended up. We background was maryriored. We went to go see him and she was all excited to go and see, like I'm just gonna let you know. They're good singers. They're not performers there. I'm so disapinted.
Speaker 4: I tried to tell you my last conture and I went to go see it, and it disappointed. Honestly, it broke my heart. Like I'm telling you, it broke my heart because I was on Cloud thirty. I need a Baker big, I need a Baker fan. And she was performing in Houston.
Speaker 1: You know, are you a bank? Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay and soul?
Speaker 1: She was performing in.
Speaker 4: Houston last year and I was like, and sometimes I don't treat myself good enough.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like I just I do for everyone else, I don't really do for me. I said, you know what, Jess, do it for you.
Speaker 1: You go see this man.
Speaker 4: I got me a nice, nice sweet, got a hotel, drove down and she was actually coming to Dallas on that Sunday, but we had the game and so I wasn't gonna be able to got me a nice sweet, got me a new fit, hair nails done, everything did.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was written, and I'm by myself because I was like, giving you the best that I got. I was. I was giving her the best that I got. Third row Seed spent good money one of the worst.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: Ever, remember that whole social media thing.
Speaker 1: That was last year.
Speaker 4: I was at that show.
Speaker 1: How bad it was.
Speaker 4: It was terrible. And one of the ladies that was like a concert goal and she was like, yeah, I saw her and Babyface in Detroit maybe like eight months ago, and she got into her him. Yeah because I know why now, because baby Face is more of a perfectionist. Hey, we're gonna do sound check at a certain time. But she doing sound check at the show starting, She's like, I can't hear him, turn him up and right there, him right here, I can. Man, It was her already being an hour late. I expect that from concert goals, you gonna be hour late. They're gonna be forty five minutes to a hour late. She kicking folks out while she's singing. She then she did the thing where it sounds like a mess. It was an absolute mess. We're in the Toyota Center right the basketball arena, so live band. The band is rocket. But this is the part. I'm like, you didn't think this whole thing through. Someone forgot to tell her that, hey, you know, sound travels right like, you know what it sounds like up here, ain't gonna sound like what it sounds back there. She decides halfway through the show to leave top stage. I'm that I done paid road three ticket price money for and make a makeshift stage in the middle of the basketball arena so that the now the fans in the back feel like they got worse. So now I'm I went from being third row, it's behind it, but the live band is still here. So I'm here in the live band. But what her words are coming out, it ain't mixing. And then she was singing the hits back there. She was singing, I'm like, I was so disappointed. I went back to my room and I just I just sat there but fully closed, and I thought about leaving that night and just driving back home with so disappointing disappointment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you got to revisit Rolling Stones. You gotta revisit you two. I mean that was just yeah good, I'm good said by just that is hard to believe, that's hard just I mean you you're a man of fine tastes.
Speaker 1: That's that's uh, that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 5: I mean just think, and you know, I think all of us have somebody. Hey, I just don't get that You're right, I don't get them. You know other people do just like just don't get it. And I know I'm the outlied. I know I'm not like because people love you too, and it's not my jam wouldn't want to go see him, I know, selling how many records and I'm like, na, no new, thank you, new thank you. But look, I'm also the guy that for years, until he figured it out, I was going to see r Kelly all the times I loved dark.
Speaker 6: K but he could not perform to save he wasn't any good.
Speaker 5: But I tell you, one of the best performances I've ever seen was babyfaceby baby I'm.
Speaker 4: Not hurt one person ever in my life say that baby Face was not a good concert. When baby Face and Gerald LeVert, they said, baby Face will play ten twelve instruments. He'll play every instrument in his show.
Speaker 5: The part where he's really really good, heck, is when he just gets on the piano. I wrote this for Bobby and Whitney, so he'll just start playing all these songs.
Speaker 4: I wrote this for Donna. You did that that this is Randy You ever heard of TLC? Like Mary j B.
Speaker 1: Like that's talent.
Speaker 5: I mean so so he so you go with like, oh, I know his song, but I didn't know he did that, and it's just really good Prince Prince would do that.
Speaker 6: I saw Prince here in the American Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was that twenty ten?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think I know he was here. You know what he was during was that because that year we had Super Bowl and All Star here. He did two concerts here that summer. But it was just just he was charging ten thousand four. It was ten thousand again, I know, No, it was it was okay, that was that Chris Arnold think it was.
Speaker 1: It was don't bring that is no, you will not.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm not gonna be at this part of my boy.
Speaker 6: Chris had like, hey, we got a line of you want to go, like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It was like a price, but I can't do it for that and I was playing money was good? Said, They said, oh no, no, They said your table was like ten thousand dollars. Table were like six. You only get six. So I said, I couldn't even divide this out.
Speaker 1: I do know this.
Speaker 8: We're gonna clip you guys singing. That's that's gonna be a highlight for the show. That's just I'm sorry. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Y'all, y'all figured that. I just I just I was just it.
Speaker 4: I just know, I just know as a man, as a heterosexual man, sometimes we do things for the opposite sex that we may not necessarily enjoy doing for the benefits that may come from them. So I'll just say, you may not like shall day, but but if the if the right, if the right, redbone, the right, no money, if the right, the right Latin, I may help whatever you Okay.
Speaker 5: I was married for nineteen years to the woman who loves shade, and every time she came to town, I never went.
Speaker 6: I didn't even buy her tickets to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: No, just no, have you been not a nice this year? What did about say?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 1: Have you been nice this year?
Speaker 4: Whatever you've been? So that is, I've been Jesse, whatever that.
Speaker 6: Whatever that didn't tells I'm in black Sanner still likes me.
Speaker 5: I would sa Hey, brother, this is good. Merry Christmas, Christmas man, heck Harrison, Chris, Christmas brother, Jazz.
Speaker 4: It's her birthday, Jazz, Happy birthday, Christy. Appreciate you. She twenty five. I know she was twenty five.
Speaker 1: Gosh, wow, these.
Speaker 4: Children born into two thousands.
Speaker 1: Man, I just learned about we were born in the nineteen hundred nineteen.
Speaker 5: Myself just told me about my child was the nineteen nineteen love.
Speaker 4: I'm worried about my body, like how my body felt that twenty five.
Speaker 1: I don't say another word again.
Speaker 4: I was working in another word because no body felt like you know what I'm saying, like I just it wasn't crickety and riggedy.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You thought you set down here today, you set down gingerly. Yesterday you setting down He sat down, Yes, And I asked her what bro he sat down? He hit you one of these? He sat down.
Speaker 1: He said, stop lying, sit down and stop Mann. People like that may Christmas, yoh, Chris.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.