Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It's me Joey p Joe Pi Zapia, and we've got another fun mock draft episode for you today. This time twelve teams head to head points. That's right. And to help us go through this draft, we have our friends from our discord Fantasypros dot com slash chat. I keep telling everybody it's free to join, and when you go and join it, you get opportunities to do fun things like this. So I put it out there. I said, hey, come hang out with us on the show today, and guess what people have. Eight lucky individuals have joined. Chris Welsh and another Chris. We keep having a lot of chris Is on the show. We got to keep everything straight here. Certainly a better Chris Chris Clegg. You can follow him on x at Rodo Clegg. He's over at Dynasty dugout right now. He is the founder of that too. Very important to be with a founder. I guess that makes some CEO Welsh. I'm not sure, and of course one of my favorite people who does fantastic interviews. I'm still sad that I didn't get a chance to keep my appointment with him earlier in the year, but life was hectic. Joe Arico, who you could follow over at Joe A Rico ninety nine. His stuff is over at Sports Sports Ethos, which I almost had Sports Ethos with. Would have been a very different thing for me to say, Uh, Joe, Chris, Chris, Joe, this won't be confusing at all, will it.
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I didn't even realize we got two jokes.
Speaker 1: I just realized it myself.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what do we do?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So we got to do the high school thing piece of Pia clegg E, Rico and Welsh. That's how we reference everybody. That's really the only way to do it.
Speaker 1: There you go, Joe Rico, You're gonna be drafting from the one spot, so I assume it's Ronald Acunya for you. You're not going any different, would that be correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's gonna be no crazy stuff going on here, not yet. Anyway, We're gonna we're gonna keep it nice and easy with Acuoni at the one, for sure.
Speaker 1: Nice and easy at the one. Jaeger Bombs is at one oh two. Hughes is back again for more at one O three. That fool is at one oh four. Joe Newle who was also on one of our drafts, I think on the the last we we did on Fantasy Fest, Joe was on there. Did okay, I didn't do as well as I did because I want a draft finally here, My goodness is so good. Chris Cleig, you're in the middle. You got to pick your spot here, buddy, you were the second guy into this draft and you chose one oh six.
Speaker 5: Hy Well, I've done a lot of drafts and I haven't picked out a six spot yet. So I've had a lot of top like I've had surprisingly an FBC, I've had like one oh one like four times, which is kind of crazy, and I've had the back end of the turn.
Speaker 3: So I was like, hey, let's do the middle.
Speaker 6: Have fun.
Speaker 1: There we go, Joe Rico, you are officially on the clock. We've begun here, so go ahead and make your Ronald Acunya selection. After Cleg we've got Spring joining us. We've got oh, mctoon, do's here mcturda in a while. One of our favorites, the Welsh, is at one oh nine. Hammer Dan is at one ten. Chommer is at one eleven, and of course I took the turn this time because I won from the one spot. Now I want to prove that I can win from the twelve spot. And the draft is off already, and of course we're using Draft Wizard, the greatest draft software in the history of the universe. And if you haven't used it already, I don't know what you're waiting for. This is draft season, folks. Get ready to dominate your fantasy baseball draft with Draft Wizard. It's the most comprehensive suite of tools. It's gonna revolutionize your draft preparation. It's gonna change your world. It's gonna park your car for you, wash your windows. But seriously, you can import your rankings, you can create custom cheat sheets, you can perfect your own strategies. With the mock draft simulator. You can run like ten drafts in an hour, if not more. You can undo pichs. You can keep going to get the results that you're happy with, realistic mock drafts based on league settings. You can refine your approach as you continue to go on using the Draft Analyzer with all the tools at the end, and of course, the draft assystem provides real time expert feedback. So go to fantasybros dot com slash Draft Wizard today and turn on that draft day draft Wizard. Get rid of all the stress of drafting and instead turn it to success, ladies and gentlemen with Draft Wizard. Okay, Ron Nacooney off the board, Mookie Bets off the board, Bobby Wit, nothing crazy here, that one fool goes Wan Soto. Interesting there, haven't gotten that one yet. But a points league, Iobi, that's a good player, lots of walks. Julio goes to Joe Nowle at one O five, Cleg, you took Freddy Freeman at one six. That's earlier that I had seen Freeman go. But then again, we're talking about points, and we're talking about we do have corner spots here. We're doing three outfielders, two utils, so let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's like as safe as they come from a point standpoint, hiobip and I wouldn't take him this high in a Rhodo draft, but you know what you're getting from Freddy year over year and such a safe lock. He's he's gonna provide and gonna provide top notch points, I think. And he's been durable. You know, he's been on the field, been healthy. So yeah, I was debating, but I was like, you know what, Freeman is the points play?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 1: There you go, So Freeman is the points play Welsh, you went pitcher with the first pick to tease Carol off the board, then Spencer Streider. It is a head to head points league, so the dominant pitcher is certainly a useful piece.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I passed up Kyle Tucker who fell. Corman Carroll went right before me. I mean, judge, who you just took? I almost just slammed. But we know the pitching markets kind of changed with Garrett Cole out there. I just did a mock draft on it TL where Strider went to. It wasn't a points league, but you know people wanting those. But in points leagues, I'm going to value pitchers a little bit more than usual. So getting Strider, I think at nine is kind of a steal. But boy, I am so upset with the start. You just got to get to this points league. That's why twelve n of points is really really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, so look I understand taking Strider. Honestly, this is the one format where I am okay with him as a first round pick. I'm good with it. I get it, you know in every other format. You know my strategy. I don't want to miss the offense. But you're going head to head points with a guy who's striking out, you know, two guys every inning. It's it's unbelievable. Yeah, so I understand going there. The other problem is if he goes down, so goes your season. Kyle Tucker next at one ten, show Tany at one eleven. Then I took Aaron, Judge and Matt Olsen. Everybody knows my love for matt Olsen. I think he could go hit another fifty home runs this year. Judge can stay on the field. Who knows what we'll get out of him. But because we are with the two utility spots, I'm still willing to go with Judge here and there in outfield is not great. So give me the outfielder, give me the first basement. I feel good about that. Uh Se. Schamer took Devors at two o two, Hammer Dan took Trey Turner at two three, and the Welsh you are up again, So what are you doing? You know?
Speaker 6: Uh So?
Speaker 4: I was at a spring training game yesterday and seconds I know I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Let you let your tales of welshisms.
Speaker 3: I'm setting it over your pick.
Speaker 4: A guy comes down, uh, and I thought he was trying to like pass me. And he comes over and he starts talking for a second and he goes, I see the Welsh and I gotta come down and talk. And I went, oh, my god, you know who I am. This is randomly there and he's like, I watch you and Joe. You know what he said?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: You know what he said? He said, you gotta hate Joe. Oh, you're gonna hate him. I got it.
Speaker 4: You gotta tell that Joe guy to let you talk more. He was a full on Welsh guy. Yeah, he said, you gotta tell that guy to let to you for you to have more. And he will also referred to me by my god given name the Welsh. So shout out to him and out to our listeners for grabbing.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Jordan Lvarez, who I just took.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna talk twice as much. That's that's it. Now I can talk twice as much. But also on top of that, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you talk even half as much as you did before, and I'm sure that'll make him very happy.
Speaker 3: Will But I got Jordanalvarez in a points league, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse than the person who's talking hosting a show. It's really it's really difficult.
Speaker 3: You know, Listen, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 4: So, like, if people love me, then they're just gonna love me, Joe, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: There's other YouTube channels people can watch. I'm just saying, folks.
Speaker 3: But I'm not on those. That's the problem. I'm not on those, so I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't know that for sure. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks, the most customizable fantasy platform in the industry, offering the greatest fantasy experience for your dynasty keeper, redraft and best ball leagues. Create or join a Fantasy Baseball commissioner league, invite your friends, and dominate your draft this season. Fan tracks Free MLB League Manager is the most customizable, easy to use, and feature rich platform in the industry. If there's anything lacking in your current fantasy league manager, fan Tracks likely has it. Go deep with the ultimate keeper and dynasty leagues, create a simple redraft league or even a customizable Best Ball league with up to two thousand teams, and if you're coming from another service, fan Tracks can import any of your current leagues and customize them as needed. Fantasy sports doesn't sleep, and neither does fan Tracks. With seasons running three hundred and sixty five days a year, many have already renewed, scheduled their drafts, continued trading of players, draft picks, et cetera. There's a reason why fantasy players who try fan Tracks make it their permanent home for all their fantasy leagues. Sign up for free today and be entered to win the fan Tracks game day experience, where fantracks will send you and your league to an MLB game of your choice. Simply go to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros and sign up today. That's fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros, fan Tracks, the home of fantasy sports. And now back to the action. Some chats here because we are live today. By the way, our YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MLB if you haven't already subscribed to the YouTube channel, because it's amazing. Hugh Morris, how did you get Julian Edelman to the draft, Jo Rico, I can only assume.
Speaker 6: I think it depends on me.
Speaker 1: It feels like but I feel like it's playoff. Is Joe Rico like Joe kind of like has that the longer hair like I think it was like a mode there for at one point. But Chris Clegg is like the cleaned up Julian Edelman that we got like in post retirement.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I guess I'll take it.
Speaker 4: I mean, un lackey Clegg, It's much better than what I get, So don't worry.
Speaker 1: Rico Bronia as you are in my phone. Rico Bronia as the Arizona Diamondbacks. That is the best pig ever. All right, speaking of picks, you took Alvarez there with your second and Jose Ramirez to mctunda at two A five, Bryce Harper next, Chris Clegg, Austin Riley, Freddie Freeman. That's a hell of a start. You got the corners. Uh, this feels pretty good for.
Speaker 5: You, I imagine, Yeah, you know, I considered a picture there, but you're looking at it. I figured I have a kind of a tear like after stride, especially with cole down.
Speaker 3: There's just a big tier of guys.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I debated taking Corbyn Burns, but I was like, you know what, I'll get a similar arm in the third round, and it's looking like that will happen, So yeah, Riley and Freeman feels like a really good start so far.
Speaker 1: So Chris Clegg is feeling good about his start. Of course, after you took Riley, two pitchers went off the board in a row, Corbyn Burns, Zach Wheeler, Hughes then took lad Guerrero, Marcus Simeon, Joe Rico. You had two picks here at the end of the second beginning of the third. I love the one you did in the third. What great value. Albi's there and Louis Castillo, so let's talk about this. You got your picture, he got a second basement. How do you feel?
Speaker 2: I feel really good with I almost debated going like two starting pitchers, and just because Acuna is almost two batters in and of himself there you can kind of take a couple of pictures afterwards.
Speaker 6: But I went with Castillo.
Speaker 2: Lockdown that first stud Like you guys mentioned, having that ace tier starter for points leagues is really key and then I got the little mini stacked, the season long mini stack here with Albi's and Acunya, and those guys are probably gonna be playing off each other quite a bit, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of chopping for you, a Rico, You're gonna be doing a lot of the chop. I can't believe that's still a thing. It's like forty years ago. I feel like the chop, but we're still doing it. I think it's over. Corey Seger goes next at three zho two, Gunner Henderson, then Pete Alonzo, Kevin Gossman at three zero five to Joe Newell, Chris, you got your pitcher, Pablo Lopez. Did you want gossmin Or? Was Lopez or Kirby the guy you were trying to debate between?
Speaker 5: No, I mean Lopez was the guy. I've got him over Gusman at this point. I think that he's just such a safe lock now for inning, strikeouts and solid ratios.
Speaker 3: So he was in that same tier with Burns and Wheeler.
Speaker 5: I probably like Castillo at the top of that tier, but you had to get Lopez after, you know, four or five pitchers went Yeah, pretty happy.
Speaker 1: Obviously a relative of mine. Angelo here in the chat says, I'm not passing on Strider if he's there in the end of round one. Yeah, it's hard in this format not to Welsh. You did not pass on him in round one, let alone at the very end of Alvarez Strider and Luis Robert with your pick after Michael Harris went off the board right before.
Speaker 3: You was that to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you're the man who took those players.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I was real like, see, I got my wish. See, everybody wants you to talk more. I finally let to talk in you for once, have nothing to say.
Speaker 3: I was reading our chat.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to be very interactive with our lovely people, and they are.
Speaker 3: Just showering me with raise, and I got.
Speaker 4: Very distracted by the praise that was being showered across the board. I will tell you I absolutely just got just sniped across the board leading up to my pick.
Speaker 3: This is three outfielder.
Speaker 4: I probably didn't need to push too hard into getting a second outfielder. I wanted George Kirby, I would have taken Pablo Lopez. All of my guys went, so I went with Luish Robert for some big power to add in here we've said when in doubt, go with the outfield. Stolen bases don't quite mean as much. So I was thinking about the guy that just went two picks ago, Bobachette. I'm not a big Bobaschett guy, but in this format, I think he plays a little bit better, So now I won't be And lastly, I felt that once Kirby went, we kind of like what Claig was saying, we kind of changed tears of players that I liked and disliked. And I'm back up and I'm going to take another picture and I'm going to go with Zach Gallon. Zach Gallon paired with Strider and Jordan Alvarez and Luis Roberts.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate you gracing us again. Once you know all the flowers that Welsh has been getting, you can send more flowers to him on FTD or whatever they happen.
Speaker 4: I couldn't have set myself up worse than to tell this story about this guy that's like, well, just got to.
Speaker 3: Talk more, and then you go to me and I'm like, what was that to me?
Speaker 1: I think after this show he now understands why I do the talking, because You're a liability. That's what you are, all right. So after Francisco Lindor to Hammer Dan, you had Boba schet Go, I took Altuve again second base don't love it this year. That was also the recommended pick here from draft Wizard, and after doing a little clicking around, I agreed, and the pick predictor also agreed. I did want to go for a certain pick. And this was a tricky one here because I did not want to leave the fourth round of a of a head to head points without one. Scooba was out there, Yamamoto's out there. He just went off the board, actually, But Glass Now was the one that I end up taking. I'm gonna roll the dice here and hope that I get the big two hundred and forty strikeout glass now season that is in that tank somewhere. We haven't seen it yet because his career highs one hundred and twenty something innings and that was just last year. So if we get that, with all the wins, with all those things, I'm willing to risk that. With Judge Olsen al tuove in glass Now, I think I'm willing to go ahead and put that risk.
Speaker 4: Had you taken like Gallen. I was one hundred taken Glass now like that.
Speaker 1: And I can't take again. I struggle with Gallon now. Gallen was the top recommendation still, but because of those giant innings of two forty three last year, I still can't get around that. And schoolball. I love Schooball, but again, one hundred nine innings last year. I know you can say the same thing about Glass now, but one pitches for the Tigers, and this is a head to head points. I want those ws. I want those quality stars depending on what the scoring is.
Speaker 4: I mean that is Gallon by the way, like unless you think those innings are going to quit to keep point get injured, he's but he's gonna be two. He's gonna have probably fifteen wins. I mean this is he's a great He's a safe points format type of player. But it's like balance of safety versus like crazy strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Elie Dela Cruz goes next Zach Gallon to the Welsh who you'll have him for like a month or two before he goes on the aislel Logan Webb at four oh five to Mctunda Spring took Yamamoto, Randy Rosa Rena to Chris Clegg at four oh seven, let's talk about a Rosea Raine. You got your outfielder here, now, a rose A Raina a little bit lower in the batting average, but power speed from a points league perspective still really goodbye at the stage, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I mean I was actually a little hurt because I was wanting one of those three starting pitchers that went right before me to go to give me my SP two in a pretty solid spot. But yeah, rose Arena is an alternative. I feel like he was the top bat there. You know, Machado was sitting around, but you know, having alsin rally already, felt like good to go ahead and get that outfielder out of the way. And yeah, I mean you mentioned the bag and average, but I still think in most points formats that Rose Raine is gonna play pretty well.
Speaker 1: Now you took him over Garcia and Trout who went after that? Are you fading, Mike Trout? We had a great discussion the other day with Scott Pianowski on the Fantasy Fest. If he missed it, go back. It's on a playlist on YouTube. You could see Pianowski's performance there, or you could just watch the whole thing straight through too. But he's been talking about fading Mike Trout, and you did as well. So can you talk about that for everybody? Why you took a Rose Arena over Garcia and Trout. What's the defining factor there for you?
Speaker 5: Well, the biggest downside with Trout is obviously the health that he has not stayed healthy the last several years, and we've seen the contact rates kind of deteriorate too. Obviously in a points league format more OBP type based, Trout's still gonna play, but it's been pretty tough to watch like him decline. And I didn't think we'd be saying that about Mike Trout, but here we are. The contact rates have deteriorated and hopefully those bounce back, and honestly, just don't think he can stay healthy.
Speaker 3: So he is a fade for me unless he falls very far.
Speaker 5: I think in one NFBC draft I did grab him, but he was like pick eighty and I was like baffled that he was there, and so I was like, Okay, like at this spot, I can probably justify it, but not in the top fifty.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get back to you. Because you pulled the trigger so quickly on Welsh's favorite pitcher hashtag sarcasm. So we'll get back to you in a second. Garcia Trout Aaron Nola four ten, Royce lewis one of my favorites at four to eleven, and then you took Joe a Rico, Freddy Parolta, my dude, and then to start the fifth rond Max Freed. So you've got Castillo, Parolta, Max Freed. That is a formidable grouping. Here. Are you worried at all, Joe about the offense that you've gone three of five picks with the pitchers?
Speaker 2: No, Like I mentioned, Acunya is such a cushion. Now again, there is a little bit of worry because of some of the news over the last week or so, but I'm pretty confident he's still going to be alright, and he is still going to be at least like the equivalent of one and a half batters him and Alby's put together. I probably don't need any more starter starting pitching for the next couple of rounds.
Speaker 6: But I think I like the way I've constructed it so far, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So you're feeling good about that. In rotal formats. How does your approach change Joe potentially when you're looking at pitching and trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if i'd push him up quite so much. I tend to look for for later pitching for the bargain, the bargain bin kind of guys, But I don't know if I'd rely on that as much in a points league.
Speaker 6: I kind of do want those those anchors.
Speaker 2: So that's why, Like if if guys have seen my my drafts that I've done on stream this year, this is very uncharacteristic of me.
Speaker 6: But it's just the nature of the format much you.
Speaker 1: Can tell the truth. Welsh three you off? I mean, I blame you.
Speaker 6: I do that. He always throws me off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do that. Although your your Twitter or should I say x avatar is a picture of you in the Welsh? Can you describe that moment in top is that?
Speaker 6: Is that still us?
Speaker 1: I think it's either that or it was John Lackey or Rico Bronia. It's one of those three people.
Speaker 3: You should thought it was Gosman.
Speaker 2: I've always thought you had a bit of a gosmin esque type.
Speaker 4: That's so much better, like I am so not individualized anymore.
Speaker 3: Like everybody.
Speaker 4: I had someone be like, oh, doesn't Welsh look like Aaron Nola? Like I just look like all the pictures. It's crazy, Like, let's get to Gosman is fine, Nola is fine, Lackey is not Rico Bosco or whatever.
Speaker 1: That one picture I'm gonna show the guy. I wish I could. I wish I could send it to Maybe I can. Maybe I could send it to John and then have him upload it here to the stream. At some point you can add it over your face instead of yours. I don't know if that's I don't know if John.
Speaker 4: Spent a great time in Nashville together, because great friends do not do that.
Speaker 1: Do not do that. It's all right, It'll be back on leading off. I always have that, all right. So Machado goes at five oh two, Grayson Rodriguez terrific picture of five h three. We're all very excited about to hughes that one fool, Celex Framber, Valdez, Kyle Schwarber. And then you took Logan Gilbert, Chris Kleig. I know you're up for another pick, so I'm gonna come back to you in a second. Edwin Diaz, Josh Hater, Paul Goldschmid to the Welsh, than Cody Bellinger, Adley Rutchman. I took Bobby Miller and Alex Bregman back to back, so Glass now and Bregg and then Bobby Miller. I've got two fifths of the Dodger rotation, so again, good value on the board there. Snell was still on there. I passed on him. I don't care, I'm not doing it. Of course, I stayed on Brandon, took Alex Bregman. Our base was getting a little wonky there, so I decided to go that route. Onneo Cruz goes next year just before the Welsh at six o two, Nickel Nico Horner goes to Hammer Dan and then Cole Reagan's you got him so Welsh Strider, Gallon, Reagan's, Paul Goldschmidt, Luis Robert Alvarez. This is a pretty good start. I'm waiting for you to start hating your team, but I don't know if you can do that.
Speaker 3: This I'm not I mean in a points format.
Speaker 4: I know some people get really weird about like pitching, and I think I've always had a problem with points leagues is there isn't like a standard like everybody. There's like the CBS standard, and there's like the fan Track standard. There's so many different So some don't go negative against strikeouts, some do and not mix talking about it in general, and sometimes they'll stabilize pitching. But my baseline has always been that pitching is way more valuable in points leagues, and I want those top end guys I took. I think two like very I mean, Strider's the best, Gallon's give me a ton of innings, and now I got a big strikeout guy in Reagan's.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stack pitching. That's what I'm gonna do in this format.
Speaker 4: So I'm not a free to go heavy on them because stolen base guys don't mean as much. A lot of the boring guys that play better in Points are actually a little bit further down the list. I don't want to say all their names, but you know, I mean, I'm probably not gonna get them.
Speaker 3: But a guy Lexander.
Speaker 4: Bogarts is like a classic, better point, probably even better Points format player than normal categories. So I think you have a little bit more wiggle room with hitters in Points. So I want to make sure, I have top end pitching, all right, So.
Speaker 1: Let's continue on here recapping the draft. So after you took Reagan's, Zach Efln, Bryan Reynolds, Chris Yelich to excuse me, Chris Yelich to Chris Klegg, it's a lot going on there, Logan, Gilbert Christian Yelich. Let's talk about these last two picks you made. Chris Well.
Speaker 3: Gilbert such a lock for Innians.
Speaker 5: He's throwing one hundred and eighty five and one hundred and ninety over the last two years.
Speaker 3: He's working on a new pitch. He's been throwing a cutter some, which is good.
Speaker 5: Kind of give him that bridge pitch between the fastball the slider, and you know, the splitter obviously is a really good pitch when it's on. So I think that when you look at Gilbert, maybe he's not the flashiest type guy, but I think in a points format where he eats a lot of innings, he is a lot very valuable, and so I really like the value there on him, especially with a lot of the top guys going off the board. So Jelich feels like a great points league play too, where he's great in Rodo obviously gives you power, gives you speed, but in a points league too, I think he does play up pretty substantially just due to his own base skills.
Speaker 1: And you just took another Twins pitcher. Now you've got two fifths of a rotation Joe Ryan straight out of Mike c and onto your team. Another great selection. Ryan's another one too that I don't think we've seen the best of him over a full season yet, but if he gives you that in twenty twenty four, it feels like a steal at seven oh six.
Speaker 5: Yep, he was injured a lot of last year, pitched through it and you could see the sizeable difference in the two halves basically when he was hurt and when he was healthy, and you know, when he's healthy, I think that we're going to get peak Joe Ryan again and I think it'd be a really good value at a headhead points league.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue on here. So after yell Wich Cja, Joe Muskrove, Nolan Jones, Jazz Chisholm, Nolan Aernato and Joe Alrico, that's your selection, along with Matt McClain. So let's talk about these last two picks that you have.
Speaker 6: I wanted Chisholm.
Speaker 2: I got sniped on Jazz and I got sniped on on a couple of players actually in that round. But Aeronauto and McClain just both feel kind of undervalued. Matt McClain in a lot of drafts, is I mean, he's kind of been falling a little bit over the course of draft season. He started out as like an early round pick, but in the seventies at this point, I mean, I think we've kind of forgotten what he did last year, and now I think everything is a little more clear in Cincinnati with Marte not going to be around, so not that he was going to be somebody who suffered so much, but just boosts him up. I think I touched in Aeronauto is just pretty pretty reliable every single season in the seventies to get Aeronauto.
Speaker 6: I love. I love both of these picks.
Speaker 2: I'm really liking my team, but I tended like all of my teams after seven rounds, So we'll see it.
Speaker 1: Goes all right, Welsh, let's get you here recapping some picks because I'm up in the draft and I need to research a little here.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, so where did we leave off. We live off at Matt McClain. We had Christian Walker.
Speaker 4: We're starting off the seventh round where Rico got Matt McClain Walker class A Bogarts. As soon as I said it, bam gone. Of course that one fool. Johan Durant, Joe Ryan, Justin Steele. Of course, because I can never have my bestie Trista Costas, I took Labor Torres daval Urie prez Lozardo for Joe Clig.
Speaker 3: Did you talk about Joe Ryan yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just briefly. Yeah, So I think that obviously the splits with the injuries. Last year he pitched through injury for a good bit. So yeah, I think healthy Joe Ryan is a good Joe Ryan.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you about real.
Speaker 4: Quick to Justin Steel while Joe's finishing up here, What do you think about Justin Steele overall this season, especially in the eighties. Do you think that's a little bit too obviously, like pitchers are getting pushed up a little bit in this format. Do you think that's the right spot for Steel?
Speaker 3: It's tough.
Speaker 5: I mean, I like Steal in a general sense, but at some point it feels like it's gonna kind of come crashing down. I use a two pitch guy without you know, really two good pitch like Strider makes it works.
Speaker 3: He's got two elite pitches. But I don't know. I mean, it's tough.
Speaker 5: I think that obviously, with the pitchers that have gone off the board, it's a fair spot for him. He's got a high floor for the most part. And then you obviously look at like Lozardo and Uri that went after him. Those guys have more risk. But at the end of the day, like Steal's a tough one for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still a fan of Steel myself. I like him. I I don't think he has anything left to prove. I think last year was everything you wanted out of him. But after Steal, Tristan Cossas goes right before Welsh. That's got to burn Welsh just a little bit. Then you took Glaber Torres as a reaction, Camille Daval goes in Uri Perez. I doubled up on starting pitching because it is starting to fly off the board and the cliff is coming quickly here. So I took Lizardo and ten Or Bibby. So I've got glassnow. Miller, Lozardo, Biby. That's my four. Still got Bregman, al Tuove Olsen and Judge offensively, but I need to hit that offense. We come back when it came back around in round eight after Bibby, Dylan Cees at eight oh two, at eight oh three, and then you took Evan Carter, Carter over Langford Welsh. I'm surprised here point.
Speaker 4: I mean again this we're going back to points. Like, he's not going to strike out, He's gonna get tons, he makes tons of contact, he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Get high in the order.
Speaker 4: Even if he were to move to like a two, he's gonna score runs. I don't think he's gonna steal a bunch of bases. Langford probably even keel here. But like the thing I like about Carter's I know he's not going to strike out, and I know he's gonna have a ton of hits, so he plays up in this format. But I one thousand percent wanted Dylan Seas. I'm gonna be a Dylan Seats truther. As far as him moving up, going to San Diego, digging into his profile a whole bunch last year, I mean, there's the definite warning signs with the Velo going down. Also pretty distinctive difference between like release points like the slide the slider fastball. That's like the big fix has got to get into there, because there was pretty distinctive differences in release points and they both got hit so much harder. But I'm hopeful that the Padres are going to fix that with better ballpark factor, with better offensive support. So I freaking love that pick, and I definitely wanted him as mass before.
Speaker 1: Okay, so after Carter Riise, ol Iglesias Katel, Marte, Will Smith to Clegg, we'll get to your second pick in just a second. Blake's now finally off the board at eight O eight, Joe Rico, do you think that's about right for Blake Sneill now? As he continues to draft drop in drafts, I should say.
Speaker 2: I don't even I took him myself in the eighth round of a twelve team Roto league.
Speaker 6: The other day.
Speaker 2: I think it was like eighty sixth overall. I like it, Okay, I don't love it. It just felt kind of right at that point. But I'm worried that we're gonna see him miss all of April at this point, I don't know when when it's gonna stop.
Speaker 6: It's madness, it's been.
Speaker 2: He's the rate that we're not gonna have either of the ragning Cy young winners start on opening day. I saw some status the first time in a very long time. One of them is I even gonna be on a team it looks like on opening day. So it is a risk drafting him for sure, But I think this is probably about the range where you do dive in, especially in a points league.
Speaker 1: That was a very depressing statistic. Thanks for sharing to appreciate bringing that to this.
Speaker 6: What I'm here?
Speaker 1: What a bummer? Well, Treris next at eight on nine, then Yandi Diez, Jordan Romano, you took a closer. Here we are starting two, so here we go. Some closers have started to go off the board in the last couple of rounds, Munyos and say us Azuki. Sazuki feels like a good point lea player to me as well, Joe. So let's discuss this and the pivot point for you of when you take closers. Because you just took one.
Speaker 2: It's because there are relief pitcher designations on the roster. If it was just straight up pitcher. Then I probably would have waited longer. But they do start, they are starting to go, and I did want to lock in at least one guy that I really love, and Muno's I think is the top three or five talent pitcher in baseball. He's just he's not in bullpen sense, not in all of baseball, I should say, But I'm just in love with the guy. And like I said, I just wanted to lock in at least one of those of those lockdown closers.
Speaker 6: So I'm happy I got Munos there.
Speaker 4: Well, I would tell you cheat code time it didn't put it there. I wish I could adjust it, But you want to talk about cheat codes. We do have two our pace spots. Am I going to do with OURP spots in a points league? Give me starting pitchers that can qualify at RP And I took Michael King. It didn't throw him there, so I'm probably not going to get the extra juice for it. But that is what I would do in a points league is push up guys like Michael King. Look in your own league settings and see who else. Nick Pavetta, Ryan Peppio, those would be players I would be picking probably over quite.
Speaker 2: A bit of a few, quite a few closers. And you took Reagans too, right, you took Reagan's. Isn't he RP eligible?
Speaker 1: He is? He is?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you're right, he's so much more value. I can't move him.
Speaker 4: He's getting moved. They're getting moved there. But oh god, this is the best feelings.
Speaker 6: Just shut up. I should just shut up.
Speaker 3: First feeling on the planet right here.
Speaker 4: Using the draft wizard is I can go and click the little arrows and I can put them right to where I want them.
Speaker 3: Cole Reagan's, Michael King, my RP spots.
Speaker 1: You know, Chris Clegg, you've officially been the first person to somehow get Welsh to like his draft in the middle.
Speaker 3: I'll get the worst grade today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see how, because I do agree that is one of those things that you should always show be pushing the envelope, trying to figure out like what are the rules, where the situations, what are the qualifications and all your leagues and how can you push the envelope to maximize your productivity? And that's just an easy one in points leagues. So if you're new to Points, leagues, and you know, I know some people are like, this is something we all know. Well, some people are playing fans in baseball for the first time, still watching this today, And if you are playing in that style league, you have to circle those guys because they are huge advantages in those two start weeks, especially when you have top tier guys like King and Reagan's Welsh. You just didn't get two guys who qualified RP. You got the best two guys in my game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's the advantage because like I don't like to play I know some people like to play saves because you you know, from a weekly standpoint, you could have one week where it all stacks together, but from an overall perspective, they're going to score so much less. And these are the cheat code type of things that you should do. So I got the best guys. I got to continue on with it. I'm sacrificing a little bit of a hitting on that side. But yeah, Reagans and Michael King as rps, those should be they should bump up inherently like I took call Reagans around sixty six. They should inherently be bumping up in no matter what. Both probably top one easily. Cole Reagan's maybe a top fifty pick. Michael King should be a top one hundred pick in these formats when you can move them there.
Speaker 1: If you're watching us live and I know you are, could you just heard me say that? Or if you're just watching this back, subscribe to Fantasy Bros MLB drop your comments below. We're giving away all kinds of fun things. We're giving away that trophy smack belt. We're giving away one year free premium upgrades as well. So again it's an opportunity for you to be a subscriber of the channel.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: We've got the podcast, we've got leading off, the short form videos, the YouTube shorts. We've got everything here for you. So after Suzuki at nine oh one, Chris Sale at nine oh two, Josh Low Garret Cole finally off the board at nine oh one, I don't know that's enough of a discount for me. I'm still taking Michael King. Sorry, I'm just doing that first. Joe Newell then took Josh Naylor, one of my favorites, a little early there. But this is what happens when you start talking guys up in the YouTube channel too much. Alexis Diaz to Clegg, you got your closer there, Spencer Steer, Spencer, Torklsen, all the Spencers in a row. Nice Spencer run. We don't get that all the time, Michael King to the Welsh, As he said, then Hassi Young, Kim Wyatt, Langford, and I doubled up an outfielders Jordan Walker and Nick Castis because I feel like that cliff is coming soon too. When you're at the turn, you got to anticipate the cliffs, and I feel like so far I've done a pretty good job of that. After Castiano, Jorgeesz, Hilaire Bednar, and then you took a steady pitcher Welsh In, Chris Bassett, Bryson Stott, Dansby Swanson, Shane Bieber to Clegg. Are you a Bieber believer, Clegg, because right now you've got him as your fourth starting pitcher. That could be a huge win for you in this format.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure I'm fully a believer or believer yet, but a believer. He has shown at least a couple of things this spring that have encouraged me. The Vilo has been back up a little bit with health. You know, he's always thrown innings, which I think is big in this kind of format. And there's obviously the potential, Like we've seen him be like an elite guy before, so you know, there's no reason to think that he can't get back to that. He spent the off season at drive Line, so the results look good. I hope that it'll carry into the season obviously, and that he will throw a lot of innings. But we shall see what happens there. Just looking at the board, it was like, oh man, there's a couple debated him or another starting pitcher.
Speaker 3: It's still on the board.
Speaker 5: But you know, I was like, okay, we will We'll settle on Bieber and hope the upsides there.
Speaker 4: We got to do a video, Joe, a nice little verity video. Yeah, you're gonna do it where it goes, Honey, he went to drive Line.
Speaker 1: We need to do an off season video where you and I go to drive Line and just video us doing stuff.
Speaker 3: I think that's a great idea, like and.
Speaker 1: Like maybe some drills and stuff like that, but I think there's actually one you know here like drinking energy drinks or something like that. There's one by you. Oh that's it.
Speaker 3: We're going I mean, yeah, there is one. I mean, come on down, you should come on down.
Speaker 1: Let's go, come on down. All right, let's go, We're doing it. There you go off season fun with Joe in the Welsh so bieber Seawald, Evan Phillips here is more closer. So this is gonna hurt me later. I can tell you that Sonny Gray, Carlos Rodon, Vinnie pas Quentino to Joe Rico at the end of the tenth round, Hunter Green at the eleventh so Passquentino coming back from injury, Joe Hunter Green. Certainly the velosies there, but we've got to stop giving up home runs. What do you think about Pascorentino at Hunter Green in twenty twenty four hundred.
Speaker 2: Green's risky, but as my fourth starting pitcher, I'll take a chance, especially in the format like this for strikeouts play up. It is risky, don't get me wrong, But I do love me some Hunter Green. And then with Benny, I haven't really understood this drastic discount we've been getting on him kind of regardless of format. In a lot of drafts, he's been going in the one sixties, one seventies of a lot of drafts, and last year he was eighty ninety picks more expensive. He got hurt, he had surgery, he's healthy now. I think it's, you know, wheels up, he's ready to take off. I don't see why he shouldn't be even the top one hundred pick in a lot of cases. So I'm pretty happy to get him.
Speaker 1: Here, all right, So let's continue on there after one l excuse me, eleven oh one, pardon me, Tioskcaarrnandez goes next eleven oh two, then George Springer, so Yegerbaumbs continues to add offense there than Josh Young at eleven oh four, Merril Kelly at eleven oh five, Jackson Holiday to Clegg. Okay, here we go prospect time. So Carter's gone, Langford's gone, Jackson Holiday the third guy. Do you think that's right, Cleig? Should that be the order?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 5: I mean, we know there are we know at least Carter's breaking camp, and I'm about ninety nine percent confident in Langford and Holiday breaking camp, and I do think that's the right order for redraft purposes. Holiday is a really good points play, though, like his own base skills are incredible, so that's really going to allow him to play up a lot in the points league format. In my opinion, he'll be on base a lot, have opportunity to steal. And I think he's got some underrated power too. People kind of look at the home run output last year, but he had a ninety one mile an hour average TV, which is really really good for a nineteen year old that is his size. So I think Holiday certainly taps into more and he's going to be the Orioles starting second basement for the entire season.
Speaker 3: Like I love that pick. I'm big on Holiday.
Speaker 4: Do you think because I think this, do you think that Holiday can outscore Churio in a points league format? Because I really think your Holiday is built for this format. Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Churio, I kind of thing's going to struggle with some bagging average downside in his first first year. I mean there's some swinging miss stuff against breaking balls, which you know, I think could hurt him. So, ye know, ultimately I think that this is the right play for the points for masts.
Speaker 3: Take Holiday over Cheerio.
Speaker 1: You know, Pete Fairbanks goes next, then Bareley over to eleven oh eight to mctunda Louise Arise. Well you've done it a couple of times now, so this whole like I hate Arise thing.
Speaker 3: But this is the format though. No, no, no, no, you know.
Speaker 1: It's still weak sauce. It's still weak sauce.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I'm sorry. I'm not keeping to my hate I'm not following my hate lane.
Speaker 3: This is where Louise Rise.
Speaker 1: Is for it point, Well, I want to I want to double up on your picks of the second lane. Thomas at eleven to ten, then Riley Green, so you pace. You passed on Thomas and Green, which I think is surprising for Louis Arise. Then I took a closer Ryan Helsley and Christian and Carnossio Strand is my corner. Guy Hoskins goes next. Uh so I'm glad I locked in Ceees there, Jimenez. Then Verlanders. So you got another picture here in Verlander because you have these open spots now at sp because you have that, you are so starting picture is now your playground, but a rise over guys like Thomas and Riley Green. I guess my question is this, you know what his limitations are. Yes, he's gonna get a lot of hits. Yes he will get on base, and yes he's gonna be a good Points League player, but he also doesn't have the kind of ability to win you a week where I feel like a big week from a guy like Thomas or Green, they might be able to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see what you're saying. My outfield was full.
Speaker 4: That was also one of the reasons why I don't I don't feel pressed to take any of these outfielders. I kind of disagree that a Rise can't win you a week. I know what you're getting at, Like, a Rise isn't gonna have a three four homer week, you know, with five stolen bases and blah blah blah. But he also could have like eight more hits than any other player in a given week, So like, I kind of think he can in that respect. He's a little boring, but he's a top one hundred player in Points Like that's just that I don't think there's any argument about that. Or maybe it's very minimal because he doesn't strike out a whole bunch and he gets tons and tons of hits. So that was really what this was based around, is like a core core Point League.
Speaker 1: Player okay, very good, continuing it was a good explanation. I still disagree, but I love you anyway. Anthony Vopi goes next at twelve oh five and Anthony Santandre at twelve oh six. Clegg, you took Ian happen. I know you've got another pick coming up here, so we'll jump to yan here Diaz at twelve oh eight, Max Munsey, Marcelo Zuna, Zach Gelloff. I'm so mad A Jaeger bombs took Gelloff. I thought he would last all the way back to me. He did not. Estrada to Joe Arico at twelve twelve and then to start thirteen Masataka Yoshida.
Speaker 4: So Helen was almost like, I almost took by the way. Just want that I almost took Gelloff over a rise.
Speaker 1: Well now I feel better that he wouldn't have made it back to me anyway. So Joe Yoshida a good guy in this format Astrada. What do you make of Estrada in the San Francisco Giants offense?
Speaker 2: I think with the new manager in town, we're gonna see him stealing a lot more. This is something I've heard about, talked a lot goes back all the way to Arizona.
Speaker 6: We were at first with Arizona. It was one of the panels and they.
Speaker 2: Forgot I think it was Jason Collett who was the one who was the one who was leading the panel, and he rarely talked me into Estrada. And I've been talking into him a lot throughout the offseason, just digging into him. I think he can be like a twenty thirty guy who hits two seventy for you as a middle infield spot here it's I mean, I don't know. I didn't need him necessarily. I think I've maybe gone a little bit too heavy on the offensive side going back. I might have taken one or two more pitchers in the mix. But I can't complain Estrada is one of my favorite players this year.
Speaker 1: Well you're allowed to complain. This is a safe place. By the way, don't ever let Jason Kleett recommend scooters to you. He can recommend.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no he can't. Hey, Joe, I have a surprise.
Speaker 6: I have a real quick surprise.
Speaker 3: I was not planned.
Speaker 4: So you know how you're talking about. You got to come out here for drive line. I like you to close your eyes real quick.
Speaker 1: I was posting a show, and I'm just real quick. I can't I'm not even looking because I'm picking.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I got your next draft pick right here. Look who just showed up at the.
Speaker 1: Oh no, get in the shot. Here we go. Cousin Donnie from leading off, My real cousin Donnie from the show, right here on the program live. I gotta pause the draft because this is a beautiful thing. Look at him, he's he's working on his swing. Clearly. Cousin Donnie was a drive line. He's also the host of Shooting Straight with Donnie c. Because everyone in my family has a podcast. That's just what we do. Now. Uh so I didn't plan this.
Speaker 3: Donnie Literar just walked in.
Speaker 1: I want to know, how did cousin Donnie get in your house? Did you leave the barking?
Speaker 3: I thought my family was home. You just you just get in?
Speaker 1: Well, your your family is so you.
Speaker 3: Guys going live. I was two three minutes away. I was like, what he hello.
Speaker 1: We gotta cut this. We have to cut this for social media.
Speaker 4: We got to be Joe's family is in my house right now.
Speaker 3: That's all that I want to say.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing. You gotta duck down those you can get in the shot there, that's the thing. Now, Cousin Donnie, uh, here's a question for you. You live in Arizona, you live next to the Welsh. You live in Arizona. You live next to the Welsh now five minutes away. Here's the big question for you. Has Welsh taken you to a spring training game yet?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 1: We talked about it.
Speaker 3: We did talk about it, and it's a it was a it was a plan.
Speaker 1: Yankees are coming out though. Well, well, here's the question. The spring training is almost over. So what happens is a little too close to my lips when he turns?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was a little weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's a problem or not. It depends. Well, she's a very passionate fellow. But here's the question. Spring training is almost over. Well, you got to you gotta lock in this plan here for cousin Donnie.
Speaker 4: I know we'll do it. I gotta have a day off. I've been doing quite a few shows. By the way, if you guys haven't seen it, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I want him to take it. He's got to take it out to the backfields. Get you some pictures with some players, and the best part is cousin Donnie has no idea who any of them are, so it could be show Tani has no idea who they are. It's so beautiful. So there you go, everybody, Cousin Donnie making up everybody on the show you like next to where Jimmy Kimmel character. I like it. All right, let's continue on here now that I'll call you later. I'll call you after the show. All right, let's get into the rest of the things. Can't make this up, folks. That's why live is the best. Jaeger bombs Clay Holmes at thirteen oh two ten or Scott Jackson cheerioh Joe Newle selects so William Domson thirteen oh FIVEA paraitis to cleg so cleg hap paraitis two bats. You're starting to build that offense a little bit here. Do you like the way it's taking shape here? Because it feels like a lot of guys that are you know, even even Freddy Freeman, like these are guys that maybe the power ceiling is around that thirty range for a guy like Austin Riley too, maybe into the forties. If things really break right. He was thirty seven last year, But in your opinion, do you have enough power here in that week to week format? Two really make some differences.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll see.
Speaker 5: Perettaz is probably a regression candidate, but the fact that he had second base eligibility kind of did it for me because second base dries up quick. I just moved Jackson Holiday over to short and I was like, Okay, Perettis, my opinion, was the best second baseman left surprisingly second based eligible there, but having three three first, second, and third was big. I think that you know, the power will be enough to sustain, and he's a better points league play in my opinion than he is for a roto type league, as well as happ Ian Hat plays really well in this format too, So I like hap a good bit and I think he's still a little bit underrated, So.
Speaker 3: I like both those picks. We'll see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, power may not fully be there, but I do think some of these guys do play up depending on how the scoring settings are.
Speaker 1: All Right, I just took the top lift here, and another starting pitcher will get to my picks in the second. First, I want to get to Welsh's picks here after partis you Darvish grade value there at thirteen oh seven, Brendanimo at thirteen oh eight the Welsh you took, Jose Burrios, then Cedric Mullens, Craig Kimbrel, Nathaniel Lowe to me Hunter Brown, who's having a really good spring. Man if he can bounce back, my pitching staff feels a little dynasty ish right now. I don't know how I feel about that, but we'll see how it goes. Wilson Contreras goes next at fourteen oh two a story Ruiz to Hammer Dan and then the Burger to Welsh, ol Burios and Burger Welsh, let's talk about him.
Speaker 4: I have absolutely, by the way, credit to me for not being as distracted as I possibly could be for this draft. Having your family come into my house, into my studio, I thought, my wife, now that you.
Speaker 1: Know my family can come into your house at any moment.
Speaker 4: Well, cousin Donnie has become a cousin like he is cousin Donnie in my household.
Speaker 3: My kids love him everything like that. But the door started opening and I was I don't I was like, get out of here, I'm doing the show. And it was Donnie, and I was like, who is out of my house?
Speaker 1: Oh, credit, You're okay? Kids are not okay? Cousin Donnie's okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brios. I filled out my final pitching spot. No relief pitchers, all starters, and we're talking like every single starting pitcher is like top forty. So that is exactly what I'm looking for in a points format that's locked in. I gotta focus on hitting. I don't know why Jake Berger is still available. It's a big power bat in a points league format, tons of contact. I love that pick as well. And I needed third base. I still need to fill out shortstop. I'm pretty happy. I'm filling out this team pretty well. It'll probably hate me because I'm so happy. You're not gonna go You're not going to be so happy and then also get first place.
Speaker 1: Well, look, yeah finished last last time, Bogman was twelve. You or eleven, so you didn't finish last. But here's where's the thing. I think you're gonna do very well in this. And the second thing is as we continue to you know, look through these teams here, if you actually win this, maybe you don't draft anymore. Like maybe you leave on a high note the rest of this season.
Speaker 4: Did you think I could take off a day Donnie to a game. I'll go to Gon Donnie with a game maybe. I think still reeling from that draft, if you guys want to go and see it. It is the final of the Fantasy Fast He he kicked Kelly out of her position, wouldn't give it back.
Speaker 3: Then he's like, I'm gonna do this, and then he stunk and he carried it over to it l it is it is.
Speaker 1: But he did take George Kirby and Meryl Kelly, so he did. He'd actually get Kelly and Kirby on there, which was pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: Greatest thing all the time.
Speaker 1: That was that was worth everything, all right. Uh So, continuing on Jake Berger than Mitch Keller, Imanaga, Christian Xavier Clegg. He was in my queue. I chose Brown over Xavier. Would you have that same ranking?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I would prefer Brown. Just you know, we're hoping that Javier bounces back. I was honestly hoping for show to Amanaga, but he went picked before me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was brutal.
Speaker 5: So I settled for Javier, who I do think bounces back. But maybe you know, to what extent, I'm not totally sure, but I had to get some starters, so I need another starting pitcher, so as my SP five.
Speaker 3: It's good with that there.
Speaker 1: And what are you doing here with your next pick to fifteen oh six?
Speaker 5: I need some power you mentioned it, so I took Eloy Jimenez, who has been healthy this spring. I think Hilt's going to be the big factor. I think there's thirty home run pop there pretty easily. You know, he's just got to stay healthy.
Speaker 3: That's right. I mean that is on thousand percent where I was going with this next.
Speaker 1: Pick, So you know, it's amazing. Well, this feature that exists on Draft Wizard that I really don't use very often, which is kicking the player to like two more rounds away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do like that.
Speaker 1: I've never used that more in the last two weeks than I have since call Snell, Montgomery Williams, like everybody like I don't want to see them. And that's so great because even though like the software is recommending guys to you, you just like I don't want to see this guy number one for two rounds or or ever again, kind of like Kevin McAllister and home alone, was like, I never want to see any of you jerks again. Like you can literally do that to players, which I love in the middle because it frees up the board for me where it's like, stop showing me this player. I know you're meanwll draft Wizard, but right now I I have bigger fish to fry and I don't want to take Gara Cole.
Speaker 3: Now. I completely agree with that feature.
Speaker 4: It is really nice, especially if it's guys like You're just like, I'm not into that guy, Like, that's not gonna I'm not gonna do I'm just not into it exactly.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's see who Joe Rico's into. So Clegg took Javier than Chas McCormick, Nolan Gorman, Jordan Montgomery, Nadyavaldi. You went double off pitchers Joe Pavetta and Brian Wu. So how do you feel about these two selections?
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: So Pavetta is one of those guys that you can slot into the RP spot, which I really like just watching him in the second half of the season. I've made the joke before that if his name was anything other than Nick Pavetta, he'd be like a top fifty pick this year, but because we've been hurt so many times, we're not as interested, but still still pretty damn interested.
Speaker 6: And then Brian Wu.
Speaker 2: I mean, all the smart people I know are pushing Brian Wo up into like the top forty. I don't know if I'm quite that high on him, but at this point where I'm just filling out my staff, I really like him.
Speaker 6: There is my last starting piece.
Speaker 1: All right, well I'm up, so take over the draft board from the second pick in.
Speaker 3: This round, all right, letting me get it back over to it.
Speaker 4: So we had Brian Wu, Edward of Rodriguez, Brandon fot couple back to back Arizona Diamondbacks, which I love, I really like. Fought here too, Tristan McKenzie, Sean Murphy, Cleig you really you destroyed me with the Eloy Jimenez pick, Jared Duran, we had Bryce Miller.
Speaker 3: I took Edward Julian again.
Speaker 4: Edward Julian is kind of interesting in this format, just because, yes, hisk percentage was really high, but his actual like swing percentage is low, so he's not chasing stuff. Problem and I've said this a whole bunch. His problem is he gets really two patient early counts selective and then he gets aggressive later counts and he's going to kind of alter that a bit. But I like him if he can hit. At the top of the lineup Walker Bueler, Carlos Korea and then Joey Catcher and relief Pitcher.
Speaker 1: Who are you, Ross, I don't know. This is what happens when you get to the top of the mountain. There's nowhere to go but down, So obviously, you know, just look at the board and the value. That's where I see things. I still like rawling in the middle of that lineup, and you have to start the two relievers here. So when you have to start the two relievers, I'm gonna make sure that I get two guys that have the job you took Julian for me, that's who I wanted, and Meenez and Duran were also I wanted. So Mike Cue got obliterated there, so I feel like Welsh, Now I'm in the middle rounds and I'm unhappy. So this is what happens. The worm has turned here and this is the worst part. It's my format, like this is my favorite format. So gross, just just gross, all right, Welsh, Let's get to your pick you went catcher too, So after Azule alec Baum, Gavin Williams in sixteen oh three and then Welsh you took a catcher to sal Perez and then Francisco Alvarez goes off though, so there you go once again at the turn. I'm anticipating the runs, and so far I haven't been wrong yet, but.
Speaker 4: I mean one eighty something sal Prez, Now what Salad doesn't help me here? I almost thought I might wait a little bit and go Gabby Moreno, because I think Moreno is going to be kind of like the Luis a Rise type of thing, doesn't strike out a bunch, gets a bunch of hits.
Speaker 3: I sacrificed the strikeouts.
Speaker 4: From for the big power numbers because he can, you know, go between first and DH and catching and it's going to be RBI's hopefully some runs big power, So this is just a big power points play. I don't care about high end catchers, but again, one i'd consider Romuto when he falls to one thirty one to forty. I'll consider Salve when he falls to like one eighty for the big power all right.
Speaker 1: By the way, we still don't have JD. Martinez signed to either this is crazy, Like I don't. I mean, this is We're in the middle of March. We're in the middle of March. We still don't have these signis Brian Hayes at sixteen oh six Ryan Peppio to Chris Clegg. Any fear here with this Pepio selection of him not making it through the entire season in this rotation depending on either performance or also some of the other pieces that might come back at some point in time and push him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, the Rays are gonna do race things.
Speaker 5: So you are never really confident in any of these guys and their rotation because you never know what could happen. But yeah, I do think that obviously he was a big piece of the and one of the reasons they traded Glass now, so you think that obviously they'd be confident in that. So we'll see, you know, McClanahan, Rasmussen and Springs all probably later in the season if they do come back. But the RP eligibility was nice as well.
Speaker 6: Shit done.
Speaker 5: That's the key, the SPRP and the closers. There was really no closers left. Need to fill that ARP spot, So you know, I'll take the chance to get one hundred and thirty hundred forty innings out of Pepi, out of that arpeace spot and my two picks there.
Speaker 1: It took the catcher and the last closer. I felt decent about, so Peppio Morell, then Trevor Story, Gabriel Marino, jonah Heim, Logan, o'happies, all the closes, all the catcher's gone, all the closer's gone, basically Ohappy And Matt Chapman to you, Joe Rico, another San Francisco giant for you, loving that Giants offense. But o'happy is a guy that you have big expectations for in the power. What do you think the ceiling is for him?
Speaker 2: In twenty four Well, I recorded my Catcher preview this morning with Bubba and he was talking up ohap. You know how much Bubba loves catchers, and he was going on and on about Ohapi, and he was.
Speaker 4: Making he's number five overall for him or not five five overall catchers.
Speaker 1: It might be by overall on though, let's stick with that, just five overall.
Speaker 6: Complain Yeah, yeah, you might be right there though.
Speaker 2: He was saying he's his absolute favorite catcher to draft. I think we're looking at twenty five probably twenty five homers. You might chip in a Steeler two batting average actually might be better than people are expecting as well, and to get him close to pick two hundred, you know, one catcher formats. I kind of tend to wait until like the last round, but that value is just staring me at the face there with him and then with Matt Chapman. I feel pretty comfortable now that he has signed. It was kind of we knew he was going to sign, but now that he's actually signed, you just have that comfortability that we don't have with some guys that we've mentioned already on the show. But going into San Francisco, I think we're going to see a pounce back from him. Twenty five ish home runs, eighty runs, eighty RBIs. I think that he's still kind of been undervalued. Not that I'm a big Chapman guy, but I just think he's kind of still undervalued even where I got him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still mad about the Julian pick by you, Welsh, I just want to tell you, and still very frustrating, very frustrated about that.
Speaker 4: Well, I just got just back to backs and Cleig took Candelario, who was my backup, and I wanted Ezekiel Tovar worse than anything on the planet, and he went.
Speaker 1: You're a Tovar guy. Now you've come over to the team with me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm backing off a little bit on like not being into him. The great Spring should be considered, but he doesn't. Is not gonna be a big strikeout guy. You consider Colorado, he made all the sins of the world.
Speaker 3: And I don't have a shortstop. And now I still don't have a shortstop. I went with Jung Huli.
Speaker 4: This is another uh Luisa Rise type of pick a guy that is going to lead off for this team a bunch of hits.
Speaker 3: I don't really care too much about the counting stats.
Speaker 4: Obviously I had like big power, but I'm hoping like one hundred runs with everybody hitting behind him and all the hits in the world. So that was that from my util spot, and I have got to get back to the drawing board on shortstop because I messed up.
Speaker 3: I messed up.
Speaker 1: After well, let me tell you, Tovar was the guy. I didn't have a shortstop either, so I was hoping and waiting for Tovar to get to me.
Speaker 6: He did not.
Speaker 1: Polanco didn't get to me either. So just a recap. After Chapman went, Buxton went seventeen oh two, then James out and Kyle Harrison, TJ Friedel Clegg took Candelario, then Tovar Polonko, Junghuli, Aaron Savali goes next, and then Chalmer took JD. Martinez. I took Brandon Lau and Michael Garcia, guy that we've hyped up quite a bit here who looks like he's moving up to the top of this order for Kansas City. That's a good thing. So I was able to get my shortstop finally, But Lee was the guy I wanted for my util So this whole round once again, that's the bad thing. Sometimes when you're on the turn. I think this is what happened to Bogma at twelve two, is it? Sometimes you know you got that cue and things look good, and then it's like four or five picks, and then three of the guys you want go and all of a sudden you're back to the drawing board and you're on the clock. It's rough. Alex Lang goes next, and Code I Sanga finally goes Brian Beao to you, well, so you went back to the pitching well, which makes sense here taking the best players available. I got no problem with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all that I did here. Like I said, I don't like the only I have a util spot to fill out. But I think we're kind of in like a general range of a bunch of different players.
Speaker 3: I need the shortstop. They all suck, so I.
Speaker 4: Didn't feel like I needed to go grab one, so I'll just I'm obviously gonna just be bottom of the barrel at shortstop, so why not just take the best players? And Brandon but Beeo is a guy that you know have on the bench as a starter in a points format.
Speaker 3: I want starters.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: We did the Building the Perfect Bench on Fantasy Fest with Chris Towers, and he had talked about on the sixth bench having probably a four to two pitcher to hit a ratio maybe three to three. I think this is four to two or five to six that I'm gonna do because I'm most likely going to want to churn out overall starts. Hopefully I don't have injured guys. We have two util position flexibility. I want most of my bench to be starters. So I'm gonna start taking the best available guys there.
Speaker 1: What are your favorite guys from a recent show? Is still out there at shortstop? Welsh from the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, Like we have those guys. Those guys are kind of all out there.
Speaker 3: I'm not like Tovar was so clearly the best shortstop. Oh yeah, you're sitting there now. It's just like a whole bunch of guys. I do like Neto. I also kind of like ring Gifo, but you know, Tommy Edmond like just.
Speaker 1: Took him from it. Springy stole them right from under you. So after let's say you to Beyo. Then Kwan went to Kybert Ruiz. Taylor Ward, one of my least favorite things. Welsh always knows that I'm never a big Taylor Ward guy. So Clegg sell me on Taylor Ward Candelario we all like, but Ward, uh, sell me on him? And this Angel's lineup here.
Speaker 5: Well, I can't sell you on the Angels lineup, but I can at least try to sell you on Ward, who I think does play up in this format. You know, he's more of an obp type guy. He gets on base, he's gonna give you a couple steals, and he's got power as well, So you know, the unfortunate thing is the counting stats may not be there from a running RBI standpoint, because the lineup is it's it's not great. But I actually do like Ward a bit as a target, as a bounce back if he's fully healthy. I don't see a reason why he can't be a twenty twenty five home run guy who gets on base at a pretty reasonable clip here. So even the util spot, like I needed a little boost, and I just feel like of all the bats left, he was probably the at least what I thought was best available. So you know, I like him in this spot in a points league, I think it is plays a little better than a roto league.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a question from the chat here from Future Got a keeper Lee question taking over a league and must pick five pictures to keep no cost categories league. Pick two of these guys left, Steel, Hunter Brown, Hellsley, and Holmes A Rico. I'm keeping Steel and Hunter Brown. Who are you keeping?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Steel on Hunter Brown, I lean for the starters in that format.
Speaker 1: Well, you're nodding your head. You agree, peasy?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, clean, sweep, Yeah, let's let's go sweep see future.
Speaker 1: We're drafting, we're helping, we're answering questions, we're doing it all. After Taylor Ward, Mountcastle, Cutter Crawford, Vaughan Grissom, Charlie Morton, and then Joe Rico, you went back to back pictures Mason Miller, who could be the closer in Oakland we're hoping at some point sooner than later, and Christopher Sanchez. So do you think Miller will be the closer? Because I do. I think that's just the natural path here, and I do think it's gonna be sooner than later. Do you agree?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I kind of banking on him being the closer.
Speaker 2: I don't think it'll be necessarily right away, but he'll get there, and he'll probably be a fifteen to twenty save type of guy. We know those strikeouts are massive just from a talent standpoint, just through the roof, so they have nothing to lose, they think they'll they'll probably let him be the closer. The question that I have is is he's just now a bullpen armor. Are they gonna eventually put him back in the rotation? Down the line that I'm not sure of, but I think he will be the closer this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, after you took Mason Miller, the draft continues on with Jim Carlo, Stanton Kenley, Jansen, Anthony Rizzo, Marcus Strowman, and then Cleig you took JP Crawford at nineteen oh six. How do you feel about this election? Here of another short stop off the board.
Speaker 5: Yet it was just as well, said a bunch of guys left for the middle endfield spot. And Crawford actually did have a really good year last year. He put up nineteen homers. He got on base at a three eighty clip, which you know in a points to the guy like guys to get on base at a higher clip.
Speaker 3: He scored ninety four runs.
Speaker 5: And so you look, at least at this point you're gonna get a little bit of power, some on base skills, and he's gonna score runs. So you know, while I don't love Crawford in like a twelfth team, like is my starting middle infielder with what's left? I was like, okay, I debated Camonaro. It's like, I mean, how much does he play? I do think Kim Naro's up.
Speaker 1: A lot because I just took him one hundred and eighteen games. That's what I think.
Speaker 3: I really think that they're they're foolest to not starting the majors.
Speaker 5: But you know, at the end of the day, like I went back and forth between him and I'm like, okay, I'll take the the guaranteed every day at bats with.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll take that decision off your hands for this next round.
Speaker 3: Also is like, I want to make sure Welsh has no shortstop.
Speaker 1: So that's well, I mean, you did take a short stop, so we'll get to it a second Nester Cortes Andrew Vaughn. Then you took Tommy Edmund. You're up on the clock right now, read debt Meers, Jonathan India. And then to end the nineteenth round, I took Justin Turner and Junior Caminaro, who I do think April will be a distant memory by the time we're a Memorial Day and I'll be very happy I made this pick. Guess what, he solved some of my qualification issues at your stop. There you go, So I feel very good about that. This is where you start taking those shots thinking about a six month season. Everybody keeps drafting for April. It's six months, folks. You got to keep that big picture. Now, that also has to mean some of these pictures you have to think about too, like Blake's now if you're getting a discount or Montgomery. But you know the problem with the pictures is when they get off their routine, it's very different. It's a different set of circumstances. A player who is healthy and starting the league year in the minor leagues, that's a different set of circumstances.
Speaker 4: My only caveat in a points format to to what you're kind of talking about with the April stuff is I'm a lot less willing to wait in points leagues because I need to accumulate the points. Like I'm always in an accumulation standpoint, and I don't like holding dead weight too long. So like I was just looking at Bradish, like Bratish should be like a really fun pick, and in a category league, I'd like to hold him back. But i feel like I'm using my bench more in these type of formats because I'm circulating starting pitchers in and out, and it's just like I said, it's points accumulation. So I'm a little less likely to take some of those shots here in points.
Speaker 3: I don't know. If I'm alone, i'd like or a Rico. I don't know, Joe, do you agree or do you think you know? You want it to?
Speaker 4: Because I've been I've been preaching the upside on the bench, but this format is like a little bit different to me.
Speaker 5: The shallower bench is tough. I mean, four bench spots does make it harder to take too many shots. I think you should take a couple, especially like in a canonary Ok case. I have one hundred percent agree. I think you're getting under twenty games, so I think it's totally worth it. But some of the deeper shots on let's just say like a Kobe Mayo for instance, or like a cal Bradish, like a prospect that you know could give you half a year, it's hard to waste that bench spot. Or Bratish where we really don't know when he'll be back and how severe the injury is. It makes it tough, but at the end of the day, you have Bratish, it comes out, he's out for you. You just drop him and sure in the spot. So I can see both our arguments for it, but it's tough.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's move on here with the draft picks, because we only got a few rounds left. After I took kemon arow Kenamaida went at twenty oho two. Then Luis Severino, you took Gurriel, Jack Sewinsky, Braxton Garrett, I should say the Welsh took Guriel. For those of you aren't watching on YouTube, but why aren't you? Fantacy Bros MLB, you should subscribe and watch on YouTube because it's fun and you could see the whole draft board yourself. Braxton Garrett goes. Then Nick Lodolo goes to Chris Kleig. Now calculated risk here, Chris, because Lodolo certainly a picture that has showed you a couple of years ago. Man, he has definitely got the stuff to be a really good starting pitcher. Last year did not materialize. What do you think of his prospects in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot just health, and I think that you know, he should be back healthy.
Speaker 5: I know he's still building up innings, but we've seen him at least make one spring start and he looked pretty good. I know I'm not going to put any stock into two innings of work, but at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Lodolo is a bench spot.
Speaker 5: He I think he's built up by you know, the second week of April, so he may miss a start or two, and at the cost, I just think it's worth taking a shot on because you know, the upside's there.
Speaker 3: Obviously the ballpark not so great, but at.
Speaker 5: The end of the day, I think Lodolo has the stuff that or he could step in and be, you know, one of my starting five.
Speaker 3: I was gonna take him too.
Speaker 1: That was a good pick and Cleg you just took Jackson Merrill player that Welsh is also talked about quite a bit. So your thoughts on Meryl in twenty twenty four this season breaking camp with the Padres.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's the upside shot I'll take, you know, not getting Camon Arrow, I'll take the shot on Merrill having multi position eligibility. He'll be outfield and shortstop, so out a middle endfield as well. Merril's just such a high floor to hit. He has sneaky power. I think everybody kind of thinks there's no power there, but the exit velocities are really really good with him. He just has to lift the ball a little more. You're gonna give you a little bit of speed, so he's kind of well rounded. I know he's only twenty years old, but this kid has such a high floor. The padres are confident in him, and I think he's worth a show, you know, kind of late in draft like here, I think a points for Matty plays well.
Speaker 1: To recap what just happened between Cleg's two picks, we had Yueno Suarez, Chris Bryant, Rangifo Drury great value there at twenty, Kakuchi at twenty twelve to Jo Rico, and Tyler O'Neil was still on the board. O'Neil lasted a long time, Joe, were you surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that there's that much love for Tyler O'Neill when he's only a couple of years removed from I forget what the exact numbers were, thirty four and twenty or something like that. He's in a new situation where he's free from that chaos and Saint Louis, So I'll happily take a chance on him here as a utility guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then after you went ahead and solidified your utility guy there. Max Schurzer, Jared Kelnick Williams McMahon, Merrill, Melendez toaj Bradley and Abbott Welsh. You took Abbot, would you have taken Bradley if he was still available?
Speaker 4: I think Bradley was available when I picked, wasn't he? Or did he go anyone right before you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah he did.
Speaker 4: If Bradley was healthy, like really healthy, I'd have taken him a long time ago. But the health stuff little bit of a concern for me. Like I said, I am attempting at best possible to have every player starting on day one because I need week to week point accumulation. I don't have time to hang around. So Bradley was moving down my list a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So after you took Abbott, Neto went, then Brent Rooker, I took Alvarado and Lars Newbar. Josh Bell went at twenty two to oh two. So while she got two picks left here, what are you looking at your roster? What do you want to do? Just kind of build for upside, try to deep in the pitching staff. What are you looking for here in the last few picks?
Speaker 4: Well, if I'm being really really smart about it, I should probably be looking at like a shortstop because I've got kind of a dicey one.
Speaker 3: I took Tommy Edmund, who it really isn't like a.
Speaker 1: Well, Jeremy Pania Jordan Lawler still on the board, Mason Wynn. You heard a lot of positive things on Fantasy Fests from Steve Gardner in our first segment about him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I and Jeremy is where I'm going to go with it. So I've got to get at least one hitter on there my last pick. I probably will go another pitcher and go three pitcher one hitter for my bench that we're going to fill out, because that is probably much closer to what I would have done. I will say Kerry Carpenter is still sitting out there and he's a great value. But both of my utail spots were filled from outfielders, so I should be looking at more. If I'm going to put a bench hitter on, it should be something on the infield, And specifically that's why I went shortstop.
Speaker 1: Clig. It's such a spectacular rookie class. Do you find yourself building rosters that look a little bit more like Dynasty League rosters in the sense that look, I mean, there's a lot of prospects this year who are in a position to make a huge impact in twenty twenty four. How do you balance the veterans of the prospects and some of your bills this year.
Speaker 3: It's really tough.
Speaker 5: I think the prospects I'm more confident drafting are the ones that, like you know, are going to be on the opening a roster. So you get a Carter, you get a Lankford, You look at those guys to Merrill, you know, obviously he's a little deep cut, even Camonaro, who while he may not be up on opening day, so you're gonna provide a lot of value. But you're right, I think that mixing these, you know, I think there's upside in vets too, but getting the young upside players paired with secure vets can really pay off. Depending on the format, especially but in a shallower league, I think the you know, less appt I am to take prospects because if they struggle, you know, it's it's hard to keep them on your bench, even though you want to for the upside.
Speaker 3: But in a four man bench, it's really tough.
Speaker 5: You know, Meryl struggles out of the gate, like I'm probably gonna have to drop him even though I don't want to, you know. So the deeper the league, the more kind of app DI am to take a shot or more shots on prospects.
Speaker 1: For sure. Josh Bell goes after new Bar at twenty two to two, than La Clerk, Jeremy Paine into the Welsh as he said, Emmi Sheehan, Dean Kramer, and then you had Shane Base to Chris Cleig Griffin, Canning Carry Carpenter, Kyle Bradish finally into twenty second round lance Lynn Uh Joe Rico Europe for two picks. Well, share, you're buying the lance Lynn spring because he's been a little bit better in that last start.
Speaker 4: I am not, absolutely not. I'm not gonna do anything with lance Lynn. There's a picture on the board that I'm still shocked that's still there. He's one of my big There's a couple of pitchers actually that are much better plays. I no chance I would take lance Lynn over taking a shot on Paul Skins coming up early, like I would rather take that, And Skeens is still out there, so no, you know, lance Lynn.
Speaker 1: For me, we all know Skens is still out there, and we all know he's not gonna make it to me. We all understand this, Joe Rico, your picks are in Dalton Varshow. I think that's Justin Mason's favorite player and Mackenzie Gore with your last pick. So how do you feel about getting Varshow in the twenty second I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: You're probably looking at like twenty five and ten. Again, it's like the last pick if I have to drop him. That's why I love about shallow leagues. There's just so much depth even at the end of these drafts that you can get a twenty five and ten guys your last pick.
Speaker 6: So I really like it.
Speaker 2: I don't love what the Blue Jays have done around him necessarily, but I'm taking that every single time I pick.
Speaker 6: What is it two fifty or something. I mean, come on, you can't go wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe, do you sometimes like at this point, you know, with the way specializations hit major League Baseball, do you feel like it's it behooves people to be doing these fifteen team leagues and these deeper formats as opposed to maybe playing twelve teams and is going a little deeper in the active roster.
Speaker 6: It's really dependent on the person and if you want.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm asking you how do you feel about it? Like what do you prefer?
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure Behooves is the right I know what you're getting at, but Behooves kind of says like is it a benefit? Like people just play with how many people they have? You know what I'm saying, Yes.
Speaker 1: But you have options and you have you know ways you could choose to play. Is the best set up, Joe in your opinion, the fifteen team league where you're pushing the depths of everything, or a little bit more forgiving twelve teamer at this point with the way you know the platoons work and the way the specializations happen, the way the bullpens are and just pushing the active players a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I think a twelve team standard roto is my favorite type of setup to play middle infield, corner infield. I don't like it when it becomes a chore and you're looking at two catchers and because that's a chore, right, I'm sorry, Bob up, you're listening.
Speaker 1: No, it's a chore. Argue. You came to the right place for that argument, Like.
Speaker 2: You know, I personally put a lot of time into fantasy baseball. But even I think we can all agree there's only so much time I want to put into it. When you're going beyond the second catchers for a team and you're looking at third catchers.
Speaker 6: And that's just one example. You want to start good players.
Speaker 2: You want to have your team comprised of talented, good players all maybe not all star level players, but you don't want to be picking at guys who are going to be single digit homer single digit stolen bases to kind of fill it in to each their own. But for me, I'd rather have a roster of great players than you know, platoon guys.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see how great those rosters are. Because after you took gore Than Thorpe, Lugo, Paxon, Anderson, Olsen, Dela Cruz, Lawler, Michael Waka, Paul Skeins, So you didn't take Welsh, you didn't take Skins, you took Waka Clark Schmidt, and then Starling Marte. I got a B plus Welsh. What grade did you get from draft wizard?
Speaker 4: I told you, I don't I don't think it equated the points quite enough. I gotta B minus and I don't know if it's quite pushing this in.
Speaker 1: The point as Welsh's gonna write a strongly leaded letter, a strongly worded letter, I can't even talk. It's Friday, A strongly worded Leather is going to come out there to I just said, Leather, I can't even do you. I'm throwing in the towel. Welsh, you have many leather bound books and everything like that that you met, is right, I should never talk again on the show.
Speaker 4: No, but but I I would question, like, how much is this equating the points factor on it?
Speaker 3: Because not not to be like I had to be number one or anything.
Speaker 1: Like that, but be careful. I got too much. You might not be here on Monday.
Speaker 4: I got Cold Reagan's, I got Michael King, absolute monsters at RP for points. I got Louis A Rayas Jung HULEI, who are absolutely more valuable than that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I did it, did ding me? So I am the biggest loser here, so big.
Speaker 1: Well, you're the biggest loser of us. But you did finish tenth, which is better than you did last time. So you went from eleven to ten. Great, good on you. My favorite hot take here from mine is that Joe Piece of Pia Fantasy pros likes my draft more than ano the other experts.
Speaker 3: You don't even have alexix now do you like it so much?
Speaker 1: I do have Alex Bregman. That's why. That's why.
Speaker 3: Never mind, Sorry, that's whine so.
Speaker 1: But congratulations to Jick Spring because you won the draft with a ninety six, Joe Elrico with a ninety four. Look at you. You almost did it, Joe. You felt just a little short. I came in at fourth. Chris Clegg beat the Welsh, that's all that matters at nine, and Welsh finished tenth, which is the great way to end this. Looking at this here, Ario Cone finally liked the draft of mine. It took me five thousand drafts. I finally liked it. But Towers hated me and Soda Kelly Kirby. But that's just a standard here.
Speaker 3: But you loved you the most, right because that's what.
Speaker 1: I love me to me. That's that's the way it goes a team real quick, sal Perez, gold Schmidt, Glaber, Torres, Edmund Berger, Arise, Julian Alvarez, Robert Carter, Guriel Paynia. Then the rotations, Tenser Stryder, Gallon, Bassett, Verlander, Burrios. But you also had Reagan's and Michael King. Then the bench is good, Bayo, Abbott, Waka and Lee. Pretty good team here. Well, I think it's a B minus. I just think the bar was very high because all of our listeners are so smart.
Speaker 3: I think that it's an A plus. It's an A plus. I don't care what this says. It is maybe the best points league.
Speaker 1: Are you not accepting the results?
Speaker 3: Is that not accepting it?
Speaker 4: I think exactly, I'm calling for a recount. It's gonna take a month.
Speaker 1: Well, you do live in Arizona, so that's yeah, we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna get exactly everything was wrong. But Ario Cohen loved my draft the most, so that is a big win for me. Dalton Dell, Don, Frank Amerant, Scott Bogman loved it. Our boy Chris Meeney, who you just did the show with, did not. Scott White did not. Andy Barons did not. But I'll take Ario Cohen love in my draft.
Speaker 1: Great. All right, let's get to Clegg's before we get to the big winner here, which is really Joe Rico. So Clegg, you came away with Will Smith Freeman Perettis, Holiday, Austin, Riley, Candelario, Crawford, Rose, Raina, Yelich, Hap, Jimenez, Ward then Lopez, Gilbert, Ryan Bieber, Christian Javier Diaz Pepio. The bench is Lodolo bos Reese Olsen and Jackson Merrill. So, Cleig, when you're looking back at this roster, how do you feel about it? And do you like the builder where you've done something different.
Speaker 5: I think it's actually a decent Points League build as well. Shit, I think we got penalized for overthinking the Points League thing. But at the end of the day, you know, it is what it is, and you know, I think it's fine. I think really probably taking starters earlier, getting a better rotation probably would have been good. Not having to take Bieber. It's like the SP four type you had. It felt a little bit better about that. But at the end of the day, you know, I think it's a It's a fine team that could have been probably a little better.
Speaker 1: Okay, See that's the way you take it Welsh you know. See that's that's class. Chris Clegg is all class class. It's CCC when it comes to Chris.
Speaker 3: As can be. But this is an a plus team, and I will not drop this you. We're gonna take that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you need some extra simular this weekend. Maybe you run a couple more on Draft Wizard, which you all should be doing. Download the Apple, go to fantasypros dot com slash Draft Wizard so you can beat the Welsh next time. All right, Arica, let's get to you here, because you are the best of us. And I mean that obviously in many ways. So looking at the draft board, looking at your selections here, Logan o Happy is the catcher, Pascuentino, Albi's McClain, Aronado, Chapman, Estrada, Acunya, Suzuki, Yoshida, O'Neil varshow and then the staff is Castillo, Peralta, Max Fried, Hunter Green and Brian Wu. The relievers Munos and Paveda. Then you had Sanchez, Mason, Miller, Kakuci and Mackenzie Gore. So, Clegg, how do you feel about this? Because Draft Wizard certainly liked it.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's hard to not like an Acuna team.
Speaker 2: Right when you get an Acuna team, you're gonna like every single Acuna team pretty much. If there's anything that I don't like, it's that maybe Hunter Green is probably not suited as an SP four. I mean, it's probably fine. But if I had him as my SP five and had a bit of a cushion there ahead of him, be had instead of taking maybe instead of Matt McClain, or instead of say a Azuki in round seven, round nine, if I got my SP four there, I might have liked it a little more. But I'm overall, I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing here. You like my draft, Joe Joepie's a p one of the.
Speaker 5: I do that.
Speaker 1: I do like your draft the Albis, Yeah, I mean that's certainly a good start there. For me, it was cal Rawley, Matt Olsen, Altuve, Garcia, Bregman, and Carnacion, Strand, Turner, Aaron Juddes, Cassilianos, Jordan Walker, Lowe, Lars Nowbar and then we had Glass Now Bobby Miller, Lozardo Bybee, Hunter Brown, hells Lee and Azala as the closers. Then I had Alvarado my bench with Marte, Brandon Lowe and excuse Brandon law I got Allow and a low so I got everybody together. If I could have gotten Josh, I could have had the triangle. I just missed it. And Junior Camanaro on my bench as well. That's probably why I like the draft so much because yeah, but again shout out to Spring, you're the big winner here today. And of course if you want to be like mister Spring or Misspring, whoever that might be, make sure you join our discord Fantasybros dot Com slash chat. We appreciate everybody joining us live for the draft today, especially cousin Donnie making a cameo appearance, and of course Chris Clegg. Go check him out and all of his work. It's a fantastic stuff at rode o'clegg on X at Dynasty dugout BB that's where you can get him on X two. He's the founder, he's a member, he's the man. And then of course Joe Arico, Joe, we appreciate you spending the time with us today as well. Here you can go check out him at sports Ethos and all the work Joe does also at Joe Arico ninety nine on the X. And of course I want to thank the Welsh. I just love to give him crap because I love the Welsh and our producer John for running the livestream again today. He is so tired after running all the fantasy fests. But if you missed any fantasy fest, go back and watch it. It's on the playlist right now on YouTube. You can watch a segment at a time. You can watch the whole four hours. You got the whole weekend. Get ready for your drafts, get excited. Use Draft Wizard and go crush life and of course your fantasy Baseball drafts. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Chris and Chris and Joe. I'm the other Joe. We'll see you next time. Kids. Enjoy your weekend.