Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze Tv. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: How about in America, Sir c Arkansas, Them Walmart drivers are ready.
Speaker 1: Let's go Afton, South Carolina. That's Sicola, Florida. Hey in Birmingham, Alabama, Ozark Alabama, Jones Burrough, Arkansas, Weaver Alabama? What up? What's up? Astar Kentucky? Hey, Robber the Rocket City Huntsville, Alabama. If we see him, Let's go Titus, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Louisville, Kentucky. Yeah, let's go FORRT Bank Waste Management's ready start litt Let me hear that, Calvell hell Sady, New Prospect, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Wing go Kentucky only Alabama? Lets down, I said, I just finished my first field of greens. Don't get good. We are ready for a brand new hour, on a brand new day, on a brand new week. It is The Rick Burgess Show. With Speedy, Greg and Adler all here and ready to go. Hope all of you had a great Father's Day weekend. You three are outstanding fathers and your children are blessed.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, Rick saying back to you, big guy, And uh.
Speaker 1: I hope you had good. I mean Father's Day was you got to watch it?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 1: You do? Yeah? It was. My sort of evolved over a few days. Yeah, you know, everybody popping in as they could. The best got two of them home. Uh, and uh, of course, you know, I knew that one was in Italy, so that was gonna be tough. But I'm actually going to see Lord Willie Boomer, my oldest son one to see him and his wife, Shery and I are going not this weekend, but next weekend. Okay, that's looking forward to. That does sound fun. So I'll see him then. But uh, you know, it's funny him on the on the time difference, you know, because at first I thought, man, look at look at my oldest son's well he's he's out ahead everybody. Then I realized, okay, he's six hours you know. So But anyway, so I hope you guys, we'll recap, we'll talk about it. We're here from a lot.
Speaker 5: Of you too.
Speaker 1: Uh on how that went. I will just bring something back to the to to the gang here. And I hate to say it, Greg, I hate to say it. I don't know what I've got to do to get Speedy to speak to me at church. I mean of all about that work friends, not church. For him talking about an over greeter to the to the world and an undergreeterer to me.
Speaker 3: Now, well, it's just tearing it. And I really started laughing about it, just me. As as we got to church and we're sitting around, I was looking for Rick. I said, I'm going in. Where is it at? And I look up and the men's choir is already on stage and there's big Love standing beside you. And I said, well, look at those two burgesses right there, got it like they like it? And old Rick's holding a wireless mic.
Speaker 1: Yep, you in the men's choir.
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't want that, he said, lied to me. My whole youth thought I could sing. I think they just needed another person.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Greg, I wish you had seen big ge Love's face when he comes when he comes out of out of the gate on Sunday morning. I said, by the way, we're singing in the men's square day and he goes, what I volunteered? I said, you still love that when you're a little boy. Of course, he informed me he was no longer a little boy and this was gonna be Yeah. We didn't want to get up to it's a different feeling, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: But so anyway, so it didn't present itself. It wasn't on me. It's you're on stage. I couldn't run up there and go Rick.
Speaker 1: What about after? What about after?
Speaker 3: After after where you were, couldn't get to you and we had to get to to meet the rest of the family. So it was just it didn't present itself. But we were laughing as we were going to the car. I said, it's happened again and can't And Terry said, well this one here though, Honey. The others you could have barged in, but this one here, I don't know what you could have done.
Speaker 1: I want you all to come to our class, Okay, then when you all hang out, of course you know, to get to me again. But I mean, right, that's.
Speaker 3: My picture of you and Rick big love to your right.
Speaker 1: It is by the way, I will say this to you, Adler, being raised by a worship leader. I mean, there's just something special about the Father's Day choir. There's something special practice or anything. No, you don't, men don't practice. We just show up and he's got some hymns that we all know and we crank.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: Did you notice they wouldn't anything? It was? It was it was hymns that you everybody knows. Right. No, I will tell you the funny.
Speaker 3: I would have loved to say, said hey to Brook, so, yeah, I miss him. It had been nice to catch up with him, right that, something about the whole.
Speaker 1: Bird I'm seeing him right now. Well you knew by the way. This is another example what nobody understood, even through the three decades of Rick and Bubba. When I would tell people that we really don't hang out that much, any of us. Yeah, they were like, of course, you and me, it's different because we got family stuff for it. And they would be, really, I'm like, we're with each other all the time. I mean we talked for five hours a day. Yeah, we see each other for hours on end.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean and in really the weeks we see each other more than we see our family.
Speaker 1: That's what I wanna say. So I used to people, when we leave the show, it's when we go see all the other people that never see us. Right, the work, the working point, the work relationship. We see each other all the time. But the effort was going to be there.
Speaker 3: I just want you to know I wasn't avoiding you, but I just unless I bum rush the stage, which would have made the news Patrick, because everybody thought I was rushing. Yes, oh yeah, well I just I couldn't get to you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And you know how some people's like, you know, love language is quality time we have. We get plenty of quality time with outside of this this time, we have to get that quality time with the other people that need it in our lives.
Speaker 1: You remember, we were doing two shows. None of us wanted to talk to I know, we got plenty, plenty, so much so much. There are you doing money? I save it for the air? Yeah, man, we do that. And the other thing is I think the reason why that is too you know, all through the three decades of that and even into now, is we all need a little variety. Yeah, I mean, my goodness, I mean, you're someone's hanging out with these same people all the time. You know, you need a little bit of a variety, Like we meet some new people and new personality. I did see some other people of church. I know a few friends.
Speaker 3: Hey, stop for a while, talk to over greeted them, Yeah I did, everybody, Yes, undergreeted him.
Speaker 1: Really really And continuing to enjoy all the pictures, all the emails, all the social media stuff from everybody who got the book for Father's Day. That that's been fun to hear men send me pictures him holding up the book. Greg has a story about how the book followed him into the weekend. Men Don't Run in the Rain. That was funny. That was very funny. We'll talk about that on the program too. So thanks for all the feedback on that. And and you know, people were talking about I see text Nation. They're saying, well, I've noticed that Big Love has a unique wardrobe. Every time he comes home. I never know what he's going to wear. I mean he may walk out with chef pants on, he may make I mean you're very comfortable. Yeah, I mean here where you know and this new thing where young people were hoodies year round. Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And I don't understand some of my boys, they'll come out or whatever, and I'm like, what's.
Speaker 1: That all right?
Speaker 3: Like you remember the shoes we made fun of JC for wearing when we went to Texas our parents. He got complimented on his shoes from all kinds of people, And I'm like, what are these shoes? What so uncomfortable? And I'm like, Dad, he says, if you don't know, you just don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, Sherry claims. Sherry claims she says that a lot of times are our sons. But you got you got uh, you got you know Blake, who you never know what he's got, costs of whatever acting gig he's got, You've got, of the boys, You've got, you got Brodie, who I don't think I've ever seen other than his wedding dressed anything other than casual. I mean, I'm talking about T shirts, shorts. I mean, you know, like you said, are you just okay Tod buy new shoes? You know what do we do? And then big love? Sherry says, dresses the most. Like when she first met me, she said, oh, who you're talking about with you NFL striped sweatpants own? She goes, I mean some of the things you know some some hockey jersey. She goes, she goes, you had you, you would wear you you were She goes, you were flashy. She goes, I mean, she goes, you'd like them big old, flashy colors, you know and all that.
Speaker 6: So, uh, did you see brooks is wearing chef pants sometimes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, didn't you wear chef pants? Yes? They always pick up our worst trades. And you know they always get our worst trades from any any loose fitting pants. I was all about you know what I mean. So so anyway, it was, it was a great weekend. We'll jump into uh, we'll jump into some of that in great to tell. We want to hear from you today too, dads. How did it go? Uh? Did you get to did you get the gifts of the book or something from the Rick Burdes show store. How did the father's day go? We'll hear from all the guys how theirs went. We have all kinds of news updates to day too. We'll get those for you. We'll be right back. This one has been a biggie hats Rick MD hearing been a biggie Well, yeah, because I mean we deal with it. I mean, there's nothing sadder than you have a family member, or maybe it's you, and because of your hearing, you're becoming less and less present in your circle of friends and your family. So let me tell you that there's all kinds of things out there in this economy that seem to be more expensive than they were. Some of that's getting better, but overall, you know, everything's more expensive than say it was ten years ago, just by the rising cost of living. But now here's MD Hearing saying we're going to cut the price in half despite all the things that are going on everywhere else in the economy. The podcast of our show is sponsored by MD Hearing. They make high quality, easy to use, rechargeable hearing aids with exceptional sound quality that are personalized to your hearing profile. And MD Hearing just made the Neo rechargeable digital hearing aid only two hundred and ninety seven dollars a pair, that's over ninety percent less than clinic hearing aids, and the Neo fits inside your ear. No one's even gonna know it's there. And they just launched the Neo XS it's even smaller. So if you'd like to find out more and join the over two million people that said I can't pass this thing up over forty five days. That's a forty five day risk free trial. It's got a hundred percent money back guarantee. You buy with confidence. Okay, So why don't you go right now to shop MD hearing dot Com use the promo code to Rick. Get a pair of hearing aids for just two ninety seven and they're adding a free extra charging case, which is a one hundred dollars value. If you're a listener to the Rick Burgers show, go to shop MD hearing dot Com, use the promo code Rick and get a pair of hearing aids for two hundred and ninety seven dollars. We do have some things here. Here's what we're gonna do headline wise today. From the weekend, we had this horrifying thing with Minnesota and the lawmaker. We have the ongoing situation with a Ron and Israel. Will update on that. The No King stuff over the weekend probably one of the funniest memes that I saw the entire weekend, and Greg, she was a biggod. I mean, I'm talking about one thousand pounds sister cousin. Okay, and she's got this giant, giant no king shirt on and somebody put on material someone put underneath, except of course Burger king God, I will take my hat off to that. That is a good one. Yeah, that is a little bit mean, but sure is good. But the good news is I mean, Tim Wallash told the Democrats we've got to get mean or well, shooting and killing people. That's pretty many. Yeah, right, that's pretty mean. Advice go into people's house that you don't like their voting, trying to kill all of them and successfully killing two of them. Right, Yeah, so that lest admit that is meaner. Yes, so it is.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: The Walls may be happy with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we'll break that down. But Saturday night, I actually turned the TV on and we were flipping through and I saw the parade for the theme for the Army's two hundred and fiftieth birthday, and I got to tell you, they went through the history of the Army and and and all the wars and everything else, and very patriotic moment there in DC. Saw some guys coming in on parachutes, Greg co. That was neat. It was just a really cool, patriotic, uplifting show. I didn't get to watch the entire thing. I think, I know Trump spoke, but him and Hegseth and others were there. It was just a really cool moment. You have that in contrast with what else you had going on. And if it wasn't for the army, those that were protesting wouldn't have the right, they wouldn't be protesting. It's just weird height it all went together.
Speaker 1: But didn't you love how you're talking about two hundred fifty years how our pastor and you were there, even though you didn't speak to me, And he said, how ironic. I'll take it further what you're saying. You heard him say this, so I'm sorry i'm repeating it for you, but he said, so you had the no Kings people trying to disrupt a two hundred and fiftieth birthday celebration of a branch of our military that actually freed us from King George.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, look at that irony, right, he goes.
Speaker 1: And then over in Great Britain, where they seem to love, they're celebrating the birthday of a king. Yeah. Right over here, we're celebrating the removal of a king. Yes, but yet we're being protested, and you think they're great.
Speaker 6: And if you're allowed to have a no tyrants, no King's protest, if you're allowed to do that all across the country in tons of tons of cities, you probably don't have a king.
Speaker 1: You don't know if you're if you're able to do that. Now, those protests, I honestly somebody asked me at church on Sunday. Speedy didn't because he didn't say anything to me. I couldn't get to you. But the they said, what do you think about that? And I'm not making this up. I really said. I said every time I would see one, I would see the people. The thing that kept creeping up in me was embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for them. Yes, they're an embarrassing group. There really are. Bottom of the hour. We'll be back, but we do need to maybe take a note on the state of our society when things like what happened in Minnesota happened. It looks like the assassin or alleged assassin, assassin Vance is it bolter boiler, boilter bolter, Wow, bolt it just bolter bolter bolt BOLTU. It looks like that Vance has finally been apprehended. We do know this because we watch the reports, we know that he was upset because two of his federal Democrats did not vote the way he wanted them to vote. And I want us to say that over and over again. Yeah that's his party, Okay, But also we need to say I'm mad because they didn't vote yes the way I wanted to. Yes, they got caught in a situation where in order to get a bill through, they compromised free health care provided by our country and our taxpayers for illegal aliens in our country. It's terrible and so and now they are Democrats, and this is a Democrat. And the response isn't for this idiot to go out and now work against them to be sure they don't get voted in again. Yeah, we're gonna make sure you don't get real, which is what we should do. If you see your sin or your representative not representing you the way you want to be represented, then you can go out with your freedom and you can work tirelessly to make sure when they come up for reelection they're voted out. Campaign against them hard. That's what you do in a civilized society. Okay. Now, remember you're always going to hear from those on the left. They're really big on trying to call out anyone on the right saying that they are radicalizing people. They're causing people to do bad things because they're radicalizing them with the things they say. Now, we have noticed that if conservative talk radio, conservative cable TV, if anybody on the right does something, it is their fault. And then it's also Donald Trump's fault because he radicalizes people. JD Vance's fault, whoever. I mean, you know there's a list. Now, If Maxine Waters, Tim Walls, anybody on the left appears to have radicalized someone, we don't hold them accountable. Correct that they don't do that. Only people on the right do that. Now, here's what I say is the truth. No, I believe that anybody who is this insane that they believe the answer to politicians who don't vote the way they want them to vote is to go into their house, impersonating a police officer and murder them in cold blood. See. I don't think anybody should be held accountable for that other than that person, whether it be right or left. I know the things that Tim Wall said, I understand that, But this is there's something wrong with you if you think that Tim Wall saying we gotta fight harder and be meaner. That you take the note and go, well, I think that means that I'm going to be meaner by killing them. Well, normal people would, normal people wouldn't do it. You have those Now, is it true that all of us, Rick Burgess included, need to understand that there are some people in our society that, as we say back in Calhoun County, their minds what not be like it's supposed to be. Yeah, uh, and they can't reason this kind of stuff out. So be careful about the thing what you say and do. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that, you know, because you because free speech does come with responsibility, and places of influence come with responsibility. I have no problem with that. Now. I do want it to be even handed. You can forget it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Some people we need to, we say, be responsible with your platform. Other people, we let them do whatever they want. The same rules. Now, the same rule should apply to everybody. But this a sicko, uh did did dress up like a policeman, even had his vehicle set up like a police vehicle. I saw, I saw, yeah, I saw one of the investigators saying, look, if you're if you were citizen. The guy says, he's got a badge, looks a lot like mine, he's in a vehicle, looks a lot like ours. There's really no way, no way you would have known. I mean most everybody would have given that person access to their home. Yeah, sadly. And that's that's what's so wicked about it. And he he shot four, Uh, he's killed two, right, and because he went after both husbands and wives. Yes, of the two Democrats that didn't vote the way. Now remember he's killing them because they didn't vote the way he wanted them to vote. Yeah, okay, Now I saw that this is nothing you gotta watch out for. We talked about this a lot. I saw bizarre videos of him over the weekend preaching, so one where he was preaching really up talking about Jesus. Uh wow, okay, And yeah there's there's Matthew seven speaks of that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's a there's an interview with I guess his former or his best friend or something that's claiming all kinds of yes, yeah, yeah, that that he's actually a Trump supporter and it's motivated to kill the two Democrats due to their support of abortion rights.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is a bizarre interview that has just I don't know, but that's the only place I'm seeing that.
Speaker 1: But I can't follow all of at the bottom either. The bottom line is this person is wicked and is as as they're saying, the face of evil. That was the quote from Ramsey County Sheriff's office who brought him in. And it just you know, we're living. I mean, look at the things. What's happening right now with our society is that it has become lawless, chaotic, unreasonable. I mean, we have people can can I just throw this out And I'm now I'm moving off this topic a little bit and I'm kind of getting on all the protests and the things and the antarc and all this. First of all, this is not the way to behave with free speech. These are not peaceful protests, no matter how many times you're told something is what it's not. But even no matter what you're doing, this is when you may be losing your mind a little bit, and you may be under some sort of influence in the spiritual realm, or you are you're having some sort of chemical imbalance in your mind. If you're like, say, for instance, burning down someone's business, dragging them out of their car, destroying their car, setting their car on fire, punching people, and you don't really know why. And if somebody ask you, so, what's your point? Tell me how Trump is a king, for instance, and you can't do it, tell me what you're hoping will happen here, and you can't communicate that. You're probably just being lawless for lawless sake, or you might be nuts. So you you you, It's it's really just. And unfortunately, when you're dealing with unreasonable people, you just have to punish them. There's no other way around it. And you're hoping that you can break their will to continue it because you can't reason, as I've said a thousand times, with unreasonable people, can't do it. And when you when you look out across the world, not just here, because remember the Bible speaks to the world, not just the United States. But when you look out across the world and read Matthew twenty four, uh, it's it's almost like I mean, and I don't know the times, no one does, or the dates, but it just you know, you you see us moving the way Jesus said we would move and things will become people become unreasonable, they'll become there'll be more lawlessness. People. You won't be able to even sit down and have a conversation. Get on that, because we're devolving. Absolute. Yeah, we're not having debate, We're not having discussion. We're devolving.
Speaker 6: I saw this post. It said, imagine throwing a no King's Day protest after your party refused to hold a primary, anointed Kamala without a single vote, and attempted to remove Trump from state ballots only after a legal lawtfare scheme failed.
Speaker 1: And don't forget this is the party of the mandated vaccine. Uh, you can't question us. You'll get in line. You know the same bunch. I know we have seen it. Text Nation out of Kentucky. Please tell me Greg has seen the person doing sign language at the Tim Wallas press conference in Minnesota. Have you seen it? Yes? I have. Rick Speedy made sure I did.
Speaker 3: Yep, because he knew anyone to prepare me. Well, what I wanted to do is is go, I want to make sure you've seen this. So if we play something you don't go.
Speaker 1: Good. What a little quality control? But wow, and I know, hey, sign language people again. The singing song things a whole different thing. Just press conference sign language. I get it. They have to be animated, but I'm animated in I got a weird haircut, so you threw that in? Are you would you like to see sign language people because it is important, especially when there's news coming out. Is you're saying, you don't want to be the center of the press conference. You should be in the background, So don't do anything that would bring more attention to you. They put them right out front, and don't don't look weird. You know what I'm saying, what you're saying, Yeah, but they put them. I'm sorry, I can't listen to it because all I can do is look at that person. Yeah, and you know, I nothing to do that. Don't beat me up by ben deaf. I understand that. Don't beat me up by I'm just saying, but you got to admit that. It's entertaining. That's all I'm gonna say it centertaining. Well. I wonder if the deaf community, like they start signing to each other, who's this guy or this person they got doing this? Do you think they yeah one blame? Do they have? Do they have like preferred, like the ones that Okay, that guy does it right, right, there's a lot of here show moding making it about them. Yeah, for instance, right, there's a lot of people can sing, but there's preferred singers exactly think right, could we not find a better singer?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was this singer not as good as the other? The ones I really can't understand are the ones that are at the metal concerts. I'm sign language a metal car. Now I'm going to ask the one yes, oh yes, oh yes, it is my friend. So are we talking? And that's part of it? Male or female? That is a female as well.
Speaker 3: I don't know. With being in minister with with Tim Wallas, it could be a non bind there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not sender queer easy. I know that words back, but I'm trying to use that. I know that gender queer that that say that I don't. I don't dig it because you took a word and you told me not to use it and then you put it back into rotation. That comes with a little bit of discomfort makes it here I am. I cannot quit looking at the sign person right, there's no I mean, would you even hear what Tim Walsh was saying, not that i'd want to hear.
Speaker 3: Here's what I would like for them to do, because it does take away from I mean, understand that it's needed, but let's have that person over to the side in a little box on the screen, maybe down below, you know, not standing shoulder to shoulder at the podium.
Speaker 1: Are y'all calling for a return to the box. We're gonna put them back in the box. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it. I mean, it's it's this person's taking over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too much. Yeah it's hard, and again that's necessary. I'm sure. I'm just I'm not trying to be mean, but oh you're not. I just don't remember the sign language person always being so upfront. By the way, Greta, that might be a dude. Honestly, I think it is. I think it could be. I don't know. I don't know. I'm female. I bet your pronouns if you've found out I'm seeing female.
Speaker 3: Look at brow though. I'd like to know from the community. Do you have to use your tongue that way?
Speaker 1: I think he and they, well, well, I'm just saying the tongue ain't talking, is it right? I mean it's it's wiggling.
Speaker 6: Remember when this is wacky Minnesota, this is wacky Minnesota. That's probably a dude that's just wearing a blouse and some earrings.
Speaker 1: And it's just that you're talking about like that strange person that like Biden and them put in there in their administration. That was just it turned out to be like, really, I think it's suitcase Steeler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm doing woman. They just with a buzz cut.
Speaker 6: Okay, buzz cut woman. Yesnat O'Connor type scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's cool. By the way, that's a good look. Some people are saying that most of the death are just going fully close caption. They don't even care about some people, right, saying we're making some people a little too important. Remember when say not Live and Garrett mar Yes, and they would go to him and he would be in the corner of the box and he would just yell loud and whatever they said, he would scream it. That was funny and sensitive, but funny was that in the same as you could do it and some of the greatest comedy out there is insens okay, but funny, but yeah, oh no, it was fantastic. Uh, the I would have thought after the debacle of the Mandela funeral that that day sign people versus close caption, that sign people would be moving to the background, not coming more upfront. You're talking about the fake sign guy who was up there with world leaders within reach of him. Yeah, well that way, But what I mean after that, I think I would have said, let's put these people on more in the background and then we have close caption. R Is there need for it? I don't think there's a need for it anymore. The close caption is getting so good, right, I don't know. It's just one of those things though, were like, you don't want to be the first person to tell the sign people that were really not needed any They've been working on the craft.
Speaker 8: Right, here's the fake guy from Mandela's funeral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all have I can do better than that. Do you agree that that goes into the category And there's a few things in this category never not funny? Yeah, definitely never needed.
Speaker 8: One hundred faking it And it's not even good guys.
Speaker 1: This ain't some local event down there in the city park. This is a big deal. One does not even know he's doing the same thing over and over again, animated. I think he's just playing rock paper scissors? Did we did we? Did we ever get down to the did we ever get down to the motivation? Or how did he get wanted to before? I think he had done it? I think another time, I think he's some kind of sick thing. He does a serial.
Speaker 6: Sign language guy, Yes, stolen stolen valor yeah, stolen deafness.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 3: I think the most concerning thing about this, just a touch of seriousness at the time, was press it at Clinton right at the time? Was it a bob thinking of them? He was actupposed to a sitting president with a world.
Speaker 1: He was a fake?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what would he could have done anything?
Speaker 8: Boncos sign language?
Speaker 1: It seems like a long way to go to get a good seat at mandelas.
Speaker 6: Boy, he had a good one. He did, And y'all, millions of people were watching this.
Speaker 3: Or so much like somebody on the inside. They were together and he was just pulling, kind of like.
Speaker 1: When Speedy ran out with kiss on the stage. Did he tell us, buddies, I'll watch it. Yes, let me tell the stage if any of us pulled off, I'm going to be the sign guy, and you gotta appreciate it. But you appreciate that. I'd love to see if one of us had done it, it'd be one of the greatest days ever. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the key is to sign. You gotta sign with confidence, and you got to have a main face. You gotta sign with confidence like you're real serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: In fact, I'd like you to stand over Rick's shoulder as he goes to break and you sign what he's seeing, Speedy, Really, do you just say he's going to break? You just need for the YouTube body.
Speaker 1: Looking at his movements, do you think he went he pre planned him or he had no idea so he just guessed. He walked out and said, I'll just do the first thing comes he forgot he was even having to do it. Sometimes he would cross his hand. He would just cross his hand. All right, Speedy, there you go, buddy. All right, the other side, it's staying on the other side.
Speaker 8: There you go, there you go, all right, thank you, Speedy.
Speaker 1: All right, in America, we're gonna come back and we'll finish up. Got a brand new hour coming out. Any part of the show you missed that's not even out there, you can catch it on our daily archive. You're doing baseball time. Just go to that Sunrise. Just go to the Rick Burgess Show podcast channel.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back this here's the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Speedy. Did you say you had a confession to make?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like, you know, we remember Brian Willson of the Beach Boys passed and and uh to try to desperately talk about music with you guys, and I felt like I was part of the group. I talked about how they revamped their career and the documentary on them and all that. They really had this passionate speech and y'all either y'all were playing nice, which I doubt that was the case, or really paying attention.
Speaker 1: It was just a flow of conversation.
Speaker 3: It was actually the Beg's that I was thinking of each and their documentary how they revamped their career.
Speaker 1: Now I do remember, Yeah, you're right about.
Speaker 3: They started writing music and they were writing all the songs. No, it's the not the documentary. By the way, I can't believe we miss that. Yeah, because I'll be honest, when he.
Speaker 1: Said that, I thought about the Beach Boy Yeah. Yeah, because it wasn't about that.
Speaker 3: I think I said it with confidence and and y'all were just moving on.
Speaker 1: It was part of the conversation. You've got the Beach Boys and the beg that's that's not easy and a desperation just to try to be one of you. I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Just trying so hard to fit in music conversation. I just and now I enjoy it. Sometimes I'm like the audience, y'all start in, and I enjoyed. I sit here now, Rick for some reason thinks y'all can only talk about when I leave. It's not like I hated that would be helping.
Speaker 1: This is not helping. Yeah, I'm mad at myself because when he said that, I remember thinking, oh, I didn't know that about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember thinking, because you didn't you even mention that like this, that style of music was on the down trend and they brought it back, And I was like, I don't know if that's I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think Brian Wilson wrote for anybody but the Beach I mean, you got me but the Beach Boy right right now.
Speaker 3: It was the Beg's that that their career was fading away, and then they revamped it and they started writing for other people. And they kind of came backs either long run and extended their career for a long time.
Speaker 8: So you learn something new every day about Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: And she gave it to the beach but it was it was for some reason. It was me thinking that the Beach Boys were the Beg's the whole time show and they weren't, and I just wanted to come clean and an effort just to be rid.
Speaker 1: Of the spectrum. Actually, this is this is once again, this isn't helping well.
Speaker 3: But I just want to be honest with y'all and and just let you know, a A I faked it pretty good. Uh but but at the time, I wasn't trying to fake it.
Speaker 1: I thought I was just I thought I was really I think it was early and I was kind of still sleepy, and I just didn't want to pursue it. Yeah, because there was a flag that popped up, and I thought, well, maybe.
Speaker 3: I'm plus yeah, plus everybody was popping Everybody was hey, this that that, you know this that, and I threw this.
Speaker 1: In and whatever.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't like I brought it to the table, because I think you would have called it then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what this was. I was just I remember the exact quote. Sure, you know what this is like, lady got in there and he was reckless, and you know, I can't give you these things. You're you're not ready.
Speaker 3: I know, I just need to be you know what I need. I need to know my role, shut my whole.
Speaker 1: The only thing that at least both of them started with B and their names like BG, I just would be be stupidly. I just I didn't put it together when I was saying that, how long? When did you realize? Oh, I was talking about the beaches, in about the peach. Yeah, you ready for this.
Speaker 3: I think he passed away on the eleven is what he passed away?
Speaker 1: I think on the eleven and uh, I think it was. I think it was. It was. Guys. Now we're hanging on every syllable. Yeah, come on, we're gonna have a long day if we do that. Let me let me tell you, it'd be like all of us, which is a little yieky for us, but it be like all of us. Saturdays when I realized that, let's say all of us, all of us were really really savvy on flying these model airplanes and were very very sick. Okay, we're out there and we're all flying speedy shows and pretends he knows so, so we give him the controller and he crashes. Were at first he's with him? Yeah, at first, maybe you can't do it? Oh my goodness, Can I tell you?
Speaker 6: I put all their songs up on the screen. Were you not like thinking or something? Where's jockph talking?
Speaker 1: Why aren't they.
Speaker 3: Because because because you got to realize in this stupid brain of mine, I hadn't.
Speaker 1: I hadn't even caught my mess up, you know.
Speaker 7: In it?
Speaker 1: What triggered that you had messed up? What made you realize? Saturday?
Speaker 3: I saw something I forget what it was, and I went, wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, what an idiot I was?
Speaker 3: That's the beach I was thinking of the Beecheese.
Speaker 1: Not the there's a documentary. Hey, there's a document on Beach Boys. Y'all got to suit? Yeah, yeah, oh my god. I just felt that we were talking about the Beach Boys and he you know, because yeah, I saw that their career pretty much an end, and they started writing for other people and then y'all live Yeah, And I was like, man, I felt like a big boy. Listen, he caught a band that none of us like he'd never got away with it on the band That is a great boy. Hey, Speedy's doing that exactly.
Speaker 6: You know, the disco dance with the Beach Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah see, I didn't even It's not like I purposely did it or whatever. I just totally I'll tell you, I just totally messed up.
Speaker 1: Is when you said Brian Wilson wouldn't stay alive. Now, Greg, I knew I should have said that, and he said, you know, and then they took that certain night live sound train and I changed everything. John Travolta loved him in that movie. Yeah, goy, we's all right speed. You tried, you try to get in there and fit and then that movie Urban Beach Boy. But I will I'm going to commend you on this. You were in the clear. We didn't know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even get an email or a text on it. And you know the audience is brutal. Yeah, Speedy, you messed it up.
Speaker 1: Well, you you picked a good topic, you picked the Beach Boys, and so you didn't have us being real critical of it. We were almost kind of you laid in the bed for a year. Yeah, we were doing that thing. We recognized this Genie this, but we didn't really like his work, and so you had this kind of right, yeah, Greg got to going on that and so silly when you said that, when you said that Glenn Campbell played the bass for the Begs for a while, that doesn't.
Speaker 6: Say now Wilson, Brian Wilson did have a complex relationship with Charles Manson.
Speaker 8: Not to be confused with Marylynd Manson speaking.
Speaker 3: Do y'all know that when y'all brought up the Manson Dill or whatever we were talking about it, I was like the Beach, I wasn't in the documentary.
Speaker 1: If Charles Manson actually wrote you thought they would have made it. Wow, that's weird. I never saw that. Wasn't he wasn't he before the disco?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, that wasn't then a Broken Heart documentary.
Speaker 1: A lot of bell Boy at the Beach. Maybe Charles mentioned, you know, wrote, I started a joke, which, by the way, you heard that that that depressed song. You know, the Beg's before their disco, some of their songs before their disco, Yeah, like their downers jive talking yeah, jove talking yeah. But that still made its way onto the soundtrack, did it? They did?
Speaker 8: I started a joke nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Eight, Oh you tell about you talking about a downer?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's when they used to That's when they used to. Let the guy didn't play an instruments, he got singer down then, Oh yeah, and he would sing a down song, No love. What's is the first name? The one in the middle of I'm Love? Yeah, he was their cousin love. But I'm not gonna I'm not going to join in on this, okay.
Speaker 3: I said, let me ask you this, Who do y'all like better Beg's or Beach Boys?
Speaker 1: Oh? Not even I love to come on, you don't even do that. I love them. They're both good. What They're both good? You like the beach Boys? I do like the beach We talked about this with them. Let me.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that Brian Wilson had died until half way through the conversation.
Speaker 1: I was like, why are we talking about the Beach Boys? Remember that I never I never said he was dead, and I should I waited a long time to tell you. Let me, let me rephrase it. It wasn't my thing. But they were very talented and very good. They were well you got to see the documentary Yea, their career turn it took. You know what, One of my favorite be songs of all time is to Love Somebody. I love that, I love that. I dig that song. I'm not gonna say quit looking at it.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna agree in and and go along with it.
Speaker 1: I like Mother, then a woman, Yeah, more than a woman to me. And then I like Cocomo. Worst song ever, it's in Hey Birds Today. Somebody doubted how putrid it was, and they went and listened and they confirmed it. All right, somebody wants staying alive by the beach boys, got that coming up. We'll be right back, it turned out. You know, it's a Father's Day weekend. You can kind of do this. When I left out of here on Friday, Sherry, my beautiful wife I loved so much, and I were headed to beautiful Orange Beach. Kind of hoped I might meet Morgan Freeman. Oh yeah, didn't see him. Thought I might, but I and I had to be focused on what I was going to do, and I look forward to today. I want us, after we're done today, to have just a little bit of a skull meeting, just us, because I want to go in there to that conference room and I want to look at that board of all the things the Speedy you've been having to deal with, and all this of the book tour, in the book promotion, and we all get to have that moment where we wipe it off. This day. We did every bit of it. We did because I did the final one on Friday. Now I know there may be a second wave, but I'm talking about we finished that wave. And it was a wave. So so any field the board up filled the border. And so that's Andy Andrews. So you're here on here twice a month. Uh, and you all are very familiar with So I went. I went to the land of Andy Andrews. This is this is his world, the land of and Orange Beach, Alabama, down on the beautiful Gulf of America, be true. And I went into his beautiful I mean, he has a cool, cool setup and uh he's where he does his podcast.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's got a storefront with all his books, as many many books there there. I am in in in his studio. Uh we were he made him at table. Yeah, he's got a podcast called The Noticer Speedy. Would you like to know that I should have taken a picture of this, but I didn't the legs of that table. Do you know what The legs of that table are books? I'm looking over in the corner at that stack of book. Yeah, it's just like that. Under all the legs are books. Wow. And he's got so many cool picture sures and so many cool things. Andy, andy'll take a picture now. Yeah, and uh and so and so that's a neat studio. And I'll let we'll let y'all know chairs. I'll let you that table, my goodness, I'll let you know tomorrow. But Andy, I think, says that the noticer comes out on Tuesdays that I may be on the one tomorrow and Andy talks about you know, he and I'll talk about the book and and all that. So that's are well. While I was there, and you know, Speedy Greg Adler, y'all know me, there's there's I don't know if it's a fair indictment against me. Oh look at this.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry you did take a picture.
Speaker 1: Those you can't see it. They look at that table. Ye, So y'all know that I don't. Y'all know that I don't really pay attention. My leg would hit one of those and fall there's an indictment on me that I don't pay attention, that sometimes I'm not paying attention. You didn't kick one of the book, so I'm not paying attention. And you know you're gonna gosh, you don't you feel so bad for Sherry sometimes speedy? Yes, And I know you do, Greg and Adler. So I go to pick Sherry up for us to go to Orange Beach. She goes, I said, oh, I'm supposed to grab a few shirts. She said what, And I said, well, Andy told me to bring three or four extra shirts and she said for what, And I said, I don't know. I mean he said that something about he wanted me to do something else after the podcast. I don't know what it was. And she goes, you don't even know what it is, and I was like, I don't you know. We just need to go and look. And then Andy's wife, Polly was wanting to come meet Sherry. They've never really met each other. And then we were going to go all out to eat together before we went back, and so, but we had to get that part done first. So Andy and I we do. The podcast goes great, real smooth, and I love looking at Alvis facility. We had some sandwiches there and it was great. He's got such a cool setup and he is such a great host and his team is first class. So all of a sudd sudden, he's like, Okay, so go change that shirt and come back in here. And I'm like, I'm sorry, and he's like, well, I want you to do some stuff for Wisdom Harbor. Now this is the thing you know that we've been talking about. And he goes, so, what do you think about the stuff? You know? Like this stuff you've seen, You've probably gone and looked at it right in there, and all of a sudden, and all of a sudden, sure, he goes, what is this? And he goes, he goes, He goes, well, Rick hasn't shown you Wisdom Harbor. And she was like, what is Wisdom Harbor? And Andy looks at me like have you not even mentioned? And I was like, I think it was with Rick has a subscription I've sent him and all the guys on the show. And don't y'all say anything. I go on there every day. Don't y'all say anything. If anybody in here says one thing, you know, I ain't got nothing to say because I just happened to be the guy that was in this situation, but it would have been the same if it had been Any of us is full of wisdom. I don't know.
Speaker 6: River.
Speaker 1: The other day, she's starting he starts explaining it to Sheharry, and she's like, oh, that sounds and it is. That sounds wonderful. And he starts talking to Sherry about one hundred do stuff. She's like, oh, I would love to do that well. And then also just standing there and al sudden starts hitting me, Wait a minute, am I about to be pulled into this? And he goes, yeah, we'll Rich's gonna do something for us today, and I was like what and uh so, which means there was multiple by the lot of church, by the way I looked. I looked at it though, because he was showing it to me, and and and then it was a terrible woman and he goes, you haven't you haven't looked heavy, and I was like, I was like, I was like, well, I don't know. I don't even take it. I don't And I looked around it, and then Sherry kept looking at me periodic, going to what is this? And I was like, and I mean, this is the I mean, this is a big thing. We talk about it every twice a month, and but I think it's great. But in all fairness, I'm not in school. I don't have any kids in school anymore. I mean, maybe I'm sure I could benefit from it. And I'm sure Andy would like for me to look at it, since it's a big deal to it and he wants me to help. And uh and I said, I said, what am I? And then they had to show me clips like this is what you're about to do. And by the way, they're incredibly I mean, no wonder they have they I mean they got they got some folks working on it. It's that's a lot. The graphics are incredible. And what they're doing is they're making education, you know, like people, they're trying to do education, like what what I needed desperately when I was in school. Make it interesting. Yeah, And like I it was interesting to watch me talk about the Odyssey. And I was talking about it like I knew what it was. You were, like Homer said, in the Odyssey And what were you reading a teleprompter? Yeah, you think I've read the audience? No, okay, so uh so you thought, Homer that got work done anything gas Yeah, I thought I thought I didn't he work in but uh but anyway, so I had to do not one, not two, not three, but four video sure, so I got to know take each one. Hey, how about this. I bet your big papa was thankful. I do this for a living. You got through the first one? Will go? Wow? Three more of those? No, first of all, two things let go change again. There's two things. Two things are true direct. Two things are equally true. A. I didn't think they would be four, and B I thought they would be shorter. Okay too.
Speaker 3: And at what point, because I know you you were trying to you know, just I don't know, I won't.
Speaker 1: Say, well, be true of bs.
Speaker 3: You were trying to bes your way through it, all right, And at what point did you finally go? And that's it, Andy, I haven't seen it. I haven't read.
Speaker 1: I didn't need to. If you if you can just chew gum and walk, you knew I didn't, so.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you didn't try to fake it at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I just kept saying things that rambled so well, wisdom harbor, Hey, don't laugh. One. At one point you were pulled into it, I said, you know, speedy and uh, the guys. He's like, what, well, y'all, y'all have all watched it The Harbor of Wisdom. I kept saying, this is a really good thing.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 1: Like, what sounds great? I said, it is great, And so we have a subscription. Squinty eyes, you know what Andy did. You're about to love Andy. You're just exactly what you would have told him. He goes, I'm giving share your own subscription.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Way, Look and he just pulled her over there and got her logged in and he said, now she'll actually look at it. That's what I knew it was over. That's wisdom. And I said, are you still good with me doing some of it? He goes, well, yeah, at least you'll be some part of it. So I'm on four wisdom harbors. Coming up about that, I'm gonna tell you about the Odyssey. You think Betsy Ross sold the first flag? Not so fast? Oh? Wow? What else? You didn't know any of this? Did they give you copy points or something? I talked? I talked about that sports involves a lot of math. That was my third one. Remember, do not help him? Betsy Ross? The Odyssey, which I thought would be shorter. It's uh the math, math is in sports. Oh oh, I know what it was? Geometry? I did it? You did about hy geometry is all around us. If any of my teachers see this, If any of my teachers, you know, one's already upset because I have a radio show. She's still mad. Remember the one that said never tell anybody I taught you English? Yes? Right, I said, we'll come back. We'll kick around and another question out there involving Father's Day weekend, and we'll get to it. It's all the social media posting from Greg this weekend, a lot of people wondering in a lot week from when she and Andy will be back, and when he's back, prepared to answer some hard wisdom harbor questions. I mean, Speedy's found his account, he's in there. Well, I'm just going back. Ruby and Ezra would love this, Speedy, Greg, your grandkids would love this now yeah, m oh yeah, so I'd love it. We're going to watch it one week's education, one week from Wednesday, History, and get prepared.
Speaker 3: I told your worst subject is it math?
Speaker 1: Asked me. It's better to ask what was my best subject? That's a much easier answer. Okay, what was your best subject? My best subject was mm hmm this pet. I don't know what it does much. They have audio books on here, uh believe it or not. I actually was pretty interested in literature.
Speaker 3: Quick rubbing you, I know your mass and around when you rub your left flight.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I did have I liked history. If I had a I had one teacher and I came what grade I was in after. I think her name was miss Owen, and she made history fun, kind of like Wisdom Harbor's doing. She would tell stories and she was she kept your attention. Okay, Math was math. I was fine with math up till algebra, and then it all went south. And then in those days, once you got past ninth grade algebra, you didn't have to take math anymore, which was I probably should have probably was bad, but I'm glad I didn't. It makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I watched my kids, they were like in a private school that was like pretty hard, and I was no help to them. Remember that, like they had to take geometry, like straight up chemistry. I didn't have to take any of that. Now, you remember that I took chemistry one time. That was bad why'd you do that? I don't know. I wasn't thinking, good grief, what were you were thinking? But that straight up I got hurt with the Bunsen burner. So so also, and then I'll finish up and let the guys because we've got Greg. Greg seems to be all over social media over the weekend. Yeah, which I've got what happened. And then Speedy, Yeah, we got to discuss all that matters is the end result. I would just tell you this my Father's Day weekend. It's not a long deal. Once we got back from that, it was exactly what I wanted. We had a great breakfast over at to over at my home church. We had three hundred and forty six men come from all over. It was great to meet all of them. Uh. And so that was a great morning. And then you know, I get home and you know, we're waiting on the on the two of the sons to arrive and Brodie's wife Cameron, and we were grilling burgers on the grill for Saturday. And then uh uh and let me tell you when Sherry says, she said, I'm gonna try to make this as much fun for you as possible. We have on those Blu Rays speakers, the big ones, and all of a sudden I hear Tom Petty cranking, and she said, we're gonna get the grill going. We're gonna put some Tom Petty on and and of course I got so into it. I went to their guitar. When I when I go get the broom, I mean, oh, Daddy's having a really good time when I go get to brood and uh. And of course that that's when, that's when I was having fun. I had Tom Petty blazing. I had grilled burgers on the grill, all those purple onions being laid out. The slaw was fantastic. This right here, You think I'm not having a blast. Oh wow, everything that somebody's having a good Father's Day weekend? What song? Do you know? What was on during that? That one? Right there was Last Dance with Mary Jane. Oh yeah, they didn't know, they didn't they didn't know the chords that were in it. So I had to show them to because you got to be listening, you know. And so that was it, And so that was great. And then, of course, you know we are talking about this earlier then then we so we had grilled burners.
Speaker 6: About this picture because you have there's multiple photos of you playing air guitar.
Speaker 5: With a broom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one right there. Of course you can see. I'm on the lead run now right, I like the jar pickles. Yeah, and that's uh, that lead run right there is from running down a dream. Gotcha, I see it. I see it. Yeah, and uh, And a lot of people can pretend to play guitar, but not pretend to play it where you include some sort of semblance of chords and notes. You don't just you don't just pick it up and do this. You got to move the neck to right now. You know you're not We're near where it probably really is, but no one knows. It's kind of like when you read the Bible when there's hard names, just read them with confidence. Most people don't know it either.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So and you said blue ray speaker, you meant blue tooth. I did. I'm sorry, blue tooth speaking. Yeah, I didn't hear it. I didn't even beach boy. Yeah, I mean, come on, all right, so everybody wants to slaw recipe. I know that was sent to you, Adler, So that seemed pretty simple, so maybe I'll get it. I mean, Cherry got that to you pretty quick and didn't Yes, yes, yeah, and man it's good too. And those burgers were so good. Then we did Father's Day choir next day. Uh for I love when all the men get up bar and sing uh and uh so, uh Brody I think was thankful that he was not part of that. Big Love decided to stay and go to church with Dad on Sunday and he paid a price for it. And that was the that's that's the Father's Day choir.
Speaker 3: I am about front row. Yeah, I laughed hard at that. Right on the front row.
Speaker 1: It's like Big Love can't believe had a soloist that kept blocking our picture. But but he finally realized that she was trying to take a picture and he moved over a little bit. Uh so. Uh so so that went great, and then we had salmon. How dare the soloist be in the front? I know? Man, he's good too. Yeah, and look at Greg. He's aged a little bit, but pretty good work on the bass guitar. That's Larry. That's actually Warren, really cool guy. So uh so we didn't do spiral dogs, text nations asking. We just did the burgers and then The next day we had salmon pesto pasta, a nice salad, and key lime pop because on Saturday night my daughter in law brought a delicious dessert kind of you ever seen those, like a brownies, it's called a blonde yeah, where they're kind of yellow chocolate. You got it. Yeah. So it was laid back and Greg will talk about this and ment. Of course, you know, we went over to Dad's grave site and UH and went over there. Greg's got a good story about that with he and Leeley and so it was a it was a very very good Father's Day weekend for me. I liked how laid back it was. Even though it seemed like there was a lot going on, it never felt overwhelming, you know, it just kind of ease. Yeah, and it was it was whatever Daddy wanted to do or we just kind of went all in. It was nice. Got some reassuring cards and tag from from the UH and then Brody keeps his streak going, I got you something, Dad, but I don't have it yet. Oh that's that's that's pretty much standard broadery.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So we moved to Greg. Greg, Wow, we've watched you post all over social media. This weekend, your fast day weekend. Now, now we all know, uh that that A. You're not gonna call your grandkids grand babies grandkids?
Speaker 3: I do know who calls them grand babies though lely lely Lely she got the type.
Speaker 1: And for Greg greedy' you didn't put your top loss post up and you didn't put your kid post up. Just admit it. I had help. I don't know how to do all that. I had some Hell. I's got to thinking I need to do better on that because I got the show. I don't know. It ain't gonna be a lot of parts on stuff, but because of the show we posted were supposed to. But I got to look at it. Ever since i've had it, I've only sent like four Greg. We know that we've all been wishing with Father's Day. There's me and the grand kids.
Speaker 3: We've been swimming, grand babies, babies all over our hair's wet.
Speaker 1: Well, I hadn't been swimming. They had look at them babies, wow, well they loved getting in the post. I had some help. Yeah. So Greg, look at you, we hate and you almost look happy.
Speaker 3: You do you did your blue cat he had on looking.
Speaker 1: At you you'll have enough food, y'all. I'm gonna tell you something, and looking out, I'm this way to a little bit. If we're having a family thing, you don't want to run out of food. You don't want nobody wants to be overbody. But come on, I toltally, I said, we've got six adults, four kids. Kids ain't gonna eat. They'll pick at it, they'll pick out right. Except when I was a kid, I ate, but this is what we had. And poor Riley, because he decided he was going to do the grilling. Oh boy, six adults, kids. We had twenty four hamburgers, what sixteen hot dog winnies, and about eight chicken breasts. And that ain't counting all the chips and everything. Eight chicken breasts, eight chicken bread everybody. Yeah, they weren't huge, every the boneless. Just you know how many burgers twenty four, hollad twenty four and listen, and there's still at home a family pack of chicken and hamburger meat that we didn't even use. I told her, I said, is a bus gonna pull up a bunch of people? Do we have like the National Guard that's happened with the protest we are we feeding them unbelievable. Well, you don't want to you don't want to run out, she goes, because she goes, We're gonna eat and then we're gonna swim, and then we want to eat again. Usually and I'm like, yeah, but it's not you don't eat. Just go fix the what you just ate three hours earlier. You might get a hot dog, winny or fun and you know what I'm saying. You'll get your little snack. And there was desserts to don't forget that, Greg. So we didn't run out of We didn't run out. So did you leave? Everybody left with a lot? That's what I said. Wow, they got light handed out. Well would you just do it? Just div it up? But my goodness, and I'm all about not running out of food. Poorl Riley. It was hot and he was out there over Riley that meat thermometer. He did good, though, I grilla. I'm about to get me one of them. Oh yeah, they're good, pretty good. And he didn't use a meat thermometer on his burgers. Oh yeah, Greg, they were perfect though. Yeah, but you know how to make it perfect. I never understood that what you don't know how to do that. I do, but I passed that on to them. Don't make any sense to Greg about just you take out you take that spatul just and then Nelson, it gets firm and you know what, we're ready. I know, but anyway, I don't. Well, if you want to use a meat thermometer five, I'm thinking about getting one of the little digital ones on burg especially on chicken. Yeah, now that's the chickens. You gotta wash chicken. I know how to cook a burger, but there's nothing wrong with it. If you got it, use it. Do you use it? I haven't, but I will. Why don't you? I just sent didn't have one? Do you get it right? Sometimes? Sometimes at least the ways we go back out there because it's a little paint. You want me to show you how to do it. I don't feeling in my hand. Don't don't do anything to tell me because you don't want to shut your own finger. Greg, it's not you, but you you don't even have to do that. I've got my spatula, tap tap tap, bushy, mushy, mushy, firm, I know, but it's whatever I actually fixed my I fix my grill of the weekend. I'll get into that letter. Well, I guess it started Friday.
Speaker 3: I'm coming out of kind of a lunchtime workout with Hoby.
Speaker 1: It is, and I am.
Speaker 3: I'm walking to the to the truck, and we're in the parking lot, you know, saying bye whatever, hugging, y'all got us hugging, ask you for one last nugget of wisdom. No, we're actually making fun of Greg the rest of the day.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the phone rings, and it look, if you have grown adult kids, when the phone rings, you think something's wrong.
Speaker 1: It's one of the yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Normally it's just a text, but if it's a call.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, broke down or something.
Speaker 3: So I don't want to answer Hello. I just like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's wrong? What's wrong?
Speaker 3: And it was JC And he works close by where where we were, and really close to here.
Speaker 1: He goes, hey, what you what you got? The rest of the day, I was like, uh, no, I don't know why. What's going on? He goes, hey, can I take you to lunch for Father's Day? Wow? Nice?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, wow, you know, first big boy job, you know, first paycheck coming in.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, he's definitely buying because he's taking you and yeah.
Speaker 3: No and uh and he said, I said, well where you want to go? And he goes, I'll shoot you. I'll shoot you the address. So I'm like okay, and so uh we meet and we're pulling in. We go in and we go to order, and he goes, oh, dad, gummy, no, no, hang on, And I said what. He goes, I left my wallet in the truck. And I looked at him and I said, I can't get mad at that.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't even think about getting in what he said it, I said, think I heard it.
Speaker 1: I say think. He says, think it's fine. You get off of you say think. And so I bought lunch and I could. I couldn't get.
Speaker 5: I could not get.
Speaker 1: I said, you stay right there. You as a father, you have made me. I didn't think of being cheap could be genetically passed down. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was possible, and and and and so we had a great lunch together and a little bit of an embarrassing moment here. J c has And and Tyler have picked up on a team for these adult softball leagues. They played once once a week night, or whatever. No, but they've been playing and and something happened. Anyway, he he got a he had a strawberry on the side of his calf. I'm talking about almost the full length and it's a big and too, and and so for the dress pants, he had to wrap it so it you know, yeah, it wouldn't stick or come through or whatever. And so he had to he had to doctor it up and he wrapped it in this kind.
Speaker 1: Of galls thing or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, we're going to walk out of the lunch and all of a sudden, I looked down, said, hey, buddy, he had gone to the restaurant. Hey buddy, you got you got toilet paper coming out of the bottom of your pants. And all these little cute girls are right there and they're like looking at him, and I'm like, you have toilet paper coming out. And I haven't stepped on it, thinking if I step on it, it'll pull it out. And when I stepped on it, I noticed it was kind of long, and it was.
Speaker 1: It was the it was the galls.
Speaker 3: That he had down, know, but it presented itself as toilet paper. Yes, And I could not stop laughing, because I mean, we're right there in front.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not we're not hiding. We're not now.
Speaker 3: It wasn't gross or anything because it had been. It was on the outside. It was on the outside of what he had doctored. So so he starts, he starts unraveling and trying to hurry up before the girls see it. Of course they all have because they're like, you'd come come out of the uh the lunch with.
Speaker 1: Toilet paper for coming today? Have for lunch? Left the wallet truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what you get, hey, he said, Oh man, I left my wallet in the truck.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this would do? Was this was this set up? You thought we had something? Yeah, so your family doesn't put their wallet in their pocket. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to think that he might have set me up on that.
Speaker 1: But I still know I learned from the best.
Speaker 3: But we had a we had a good weekend. That was that was a fun little afternoon late lunch.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Hoby said he would have come, but he couldn't.
Speaker 1: He would you get him for Father's Day? It's easy.
Speaker 3: But Saturday Terry made Boston butt and some baked beans and coleslaw.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 3: Uh some homemade brownies. Delicious. Ate way too much.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you had? I wait, I ate so much I couldn't stop burping. Oh well, well thanks. If Lisa had been there, had five Boston but right and a post on social media?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, but it was a great weekend, fun, fun weekend. Tyler and Maybury and River weren't around.
Speaker 1: He was coaching.
Speaker 3: They were all with him and stuff. But Reese was able to come home, so it's it was good.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I let that go by me. So you ain't so much you were burping? Yeah, you ever done that? You're like? Good nights that nowhere? Just way too much? What happened? What happened over to Adler house? It was great? Uh, I guess I'll start Friday. Also, Aaron brought.
Speaker 6: The kids to the studio, just barely missing you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh and I saw you, I saw and the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Here, I got the kids on the drum set. Ezra's uh not playing very well, but Ruby will actually play good.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 6: I got some good audio and uh, look here we go and I give them look at and we have a we have like a toy drum said at home, but this is like a full real deal drum set, so it's a lot different.
Speaker 10: Give me a boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: That Father's day.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 1: Doing fields. Yes, I saw Ruby's face like, I got your dad, let's go.
Speaker 8: She was kind, by the way, So yeah, she is a trier.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: She wants to do well. Everything she does, she wants to do well. And man, it was great. Uh. We had had a big day Saturday, got a lot done, hung around the house.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: Sunday I played drums and the kids, wow, they are.
Speaker 1: You can see how stressed I am because the vein in my forehead, little stress.
Speaker 6: A two year old and a five year old just this don't do well at church.
Speaker 1: They just don't.
Speaker 6: Especially when I bump on stage and I can see them out in the congregation and I'm I'm like, I'm playing drums and I'm thinking about a pill I've got coming up, and then I see my kids doings in the aisle.
Speaker 1: Look at my vein forehead, my forehead.
Speaker 3: My goodness, little warming, substantial hot, so hot.
Speaker 1: So humid.
Speaker 6: We get we got haircuts, got the kid hair haircuts this weekend. And Ezra, he didn't cry this time.
Speaker 1: He's got mama's little man haircut.
Speaker 6: He does, And I asked I was in charge of what Ezra's haircut was, and I literally just said, one slanted bowl please, one slanted bowl cut please, And the lady was like, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 6: I was like, yes, I want this kid to not look cool because the best thing ever he's running around with his little pumpkinhead bowl slanting bowl cut.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know that he looks so stupid, so cute. It's great, it is so great. He does not care. He doesn't care a bit. And he didn't cry when he got his name mentioned.
Speaker 6: Last time we had Ruby got hair haircut first, and then the lady was like, all right now Ezra, and he just goes.
Speaker 1: Crying on my buddy.
Speaker 8: It doesn't hurt, man, You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: But we.
Speaker 6: Had everybody over to my brother's house in fact, and so I hunk got to hang with my dad.
Speaker 8: Uh As you can see, he's he's the jokey one. I'm the serious one, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the serious I got kids, I got yeah that.
Speaker 6: But man, it was great, just a great weekend, hung out, hanging out with family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you did say you had to, you had to serve and you had to play Saturday, I mean Sunday morning, and then you had two lunches.
Speaker 1: I did. I had two lunches. I have Mexican food back to back.
Speaker 6: I went to a Mexican restaurant and then I picked up Mexican food on my way to my brother's house for lunch.
Speaker 1: Number too. Well, at least you're not burfing, but you're doing something.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was great, So thankful for fathers are so important and I'm so glad I had a great example of you. I know you guys are too, and it's great to work with a group of great dads.
Speaker 1: Top of the hour, Lu's good and men Don't Run in the rain the shirt available now. Got a lot of other shirts, some few caps, some goodies there coming soon, coming soon, speaking of Larry the Rick Burgess show, patch and patch it and a challenge coin but not there yet but but coming soon. Greg. One thing before we get to this other story that you told me about. Speaking of men Don't Run in the rain, you haven't shared your experience when you know we different the family. We all got around to going out to the grave site this past weekend. This is our second Father's Day without our dad and Greg, you and Leally had an interesting experience. So yeah, and we went to the to put the flowers as she picked out, and they looked really nice. Of course I had nothing to do with it. Thanks Greg. I'm not good at stuff like that. She is. I didn't expect that. Yeah. But anyway, so we get out and we're there, and you know, it's quite a trip over there, but all of a sudden, the bottom falls out. I mean it's coming down. You get caught any of that Saturday? No, No, I didn't. Anyway, we get to laughing. Okay, so we're gonna find out. Well, I'm gonna we're gonna run in the rain.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I told Lisa she had to pass, she could run, but she didn't. But No, got soaking wet. But it was just kind of funny. It's just like old timings everything and what it was. He's gonna see I was gonna run and rain. I guess, yeah that we did. We made it back to the car and soaking wet. Both of us didn't run. Didn't run. Lisa didn't run. Cooldn't. I'm getting more and more emails from from women that say I want you. You know, we joined the calls as well. We're not running even though they have a free pass to run. Yeah you can, Okay, I can, but that's that's we thought. That was the you know, it was weird. I had it was funny. We got to laughing. Yeah, y'all sent that picture to the family and I saw that. So so we went late Sunday afternoon and I'm kidding you not. We left the house. It was completely Sunday, and the closer we started getting over there, I looked up and I said, sure, please, look, it's about to happen to us too. It never did rain on us hard, but a big giant cloud started coming up one of those afternoons times. But did you see the video and you can hear the rain, yes, rain, yes, Yeah, So that's great. So and a lot of you. I wanted to run, but I did. And thanks for all the feedback on the book and and everything. And one of the things I should have done, I thought about it. I should have taken a copy of the book over there and just left it on the tombstone. Yeah yeah, just prop it up and then somebody grabs it. It'll serve him. Well. So so we're we're loving sharing him with so many of you. They never got to meet him to this book, and it's it's the feedback's great. Have you been asking yourself the question, whatever happened to Will Smith?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Rocke he slaps Chris Rock and then we don't him and his wife they got a weird boy, what what a weird You know, sometimes you find your chef just screaming at those interviews, going to you, am I, we don't have to don't yeah, we don't eat that to yourself, y'all work on that. So after our speedy or both of you have on the list today, Will Smith had just recorded a new song. Is this accurate? Yeah? Is it gonna get us in trouble? I'm just gonna play a quick, quick second of it. But it's so bad. It is so bad. It's such a bad song. That's what that's He's too old.
Speaker 6: It's like if you're if you're you know, when your dad would try to be cool and it would make you uncomfortable, Like that's what's happening here.
Speaker 1: This gives me secondhand. Okay, sorrybody feeling.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna play just the quick very beginning part and That is the entire chorus.
Speaker 1: I like pretty girl. I love pretty girl. Go back to what him and his wife are talking about. Greg, Okay, no, that was tough. Yeah, and it is that. It's not good fresh brand.
Speaker 3: It's just over and over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 6: I like pretty girls, girls, girls girls.
Speaker 1: It's no welcome to Miami. I'll tell you that I'm going to Miami. Yeah. I don't know what this is about here. Yeah, this is this is this hip hop version of Tampa with the memories. Yeah, this is Do you have any lyrics in it? Besides you got any movies?
Speaker 3: Girls?
Speaker 6: Here is almost it's almost insulting to his wife and all the women that are in the music video. But this line right here says well here and he repeats this a lot.
Speaker 1: Here we go true football me. Ain't too many women ain't pretty to me. Ain't too many women ain't pretty to me? So no coll factor that. As if I was in the music video. I was one of the girls in the music video, I'd be like, all right, so h standard, get what role am I playing? Yeah that I.
Speaker 3: Wish that I was at work when you go when you pulled up in your truck to back in one morning?
Speaker 1: You hear it coming? So is the slap? Is the slapping Chris Rock? Has he even been in a movie since then? You know something? Is he doing anything? Well? Okay, so I mean it's is it over for him?
Speaker 6: He slapped him in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and went on to win an award that same night. Yes, that was twenty twenty two. Did you let him stay? Of all the things we've covered on all of our years of doing this, is that not more than one of the more strange ones. It was because we all thought it was a setup. I thought it was a setup. Obviously. You know I'm gonna go that route. I said, they're just doing that, all right. I don't think it was so.
Speaker 6: King Richard was in twenty twenty one, which is a good movie, and then he won for that in twenty twenty two, and that was the slap, right it was? And then since then Emancipation the Slavery movie came into Apple TV, and then Bad Boys, Ride or Die came to Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't seen any of that.
Speaker 6: Then he likes and then he likes pretty Gune.
Speaker 1: Is he is he just goofing off? I think it was trying to make music. It's always been a little hokey, it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man in black, he you think I didn't think that was cool when I was a kid man.
Speaker 1: He's not a gangster wraffor No, that's true, and that that can be a good thing. But more poppy rat you know what I mean, which is fine. Oh it's his first album in twenty years.
Speaker 8: It sounds like it, all right, Yeah, it sounds very dated.
Speaker 1: All right, we come back speed Well that was almost like you know, you go through pregame to get stretched. Yeah, so we come back. We're gonna unfortunately look at some of the No King stuff from the weekend. Oh my, and these.
Speaker 3: People, how dare you ask them a question?
Speaker 1: These people just.
Speaker 6: Tim Walls kept listening to that Will Smith song like he was trying to convince us all of something.
Speaker 1: Back things a protests. No one is more king like than a giant central government run by the left.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And a lot of you are pointing out the obvious, Okay, pointing it out that they're the ones that close your business, they're the ones that remove you from society. They're the ones that mandate you to take a vaccine. They're the ones that mandate here, mandate there. They love a tyrannical central government, and they have the audacity to go out and do a no king's protest. King. Now I want to warn you, enjoy it, point it out. It will change nothing. All you'll do is make the rest of us who already know that go Yep, good point. But if you think it's going to change them, it will not. Nope at all. They're still always And also we're going to play some things. It's going to sound like that people like Tim Wallas may have incited this murderer over the weekend. Nope, that's not going to stick either. Remember it's only the right that are fascist. It's only the right that incite people. And if you don't learn that, you're gonna be very frustrated by trying to reason with these people. You could just take the position I have adopted going into sixty. I'm no longer going to try to reason with unreasonable people. Now you're gonna you're gonna hear them unable to even walk out their narrative, present their case. They just know that they don't like Trump and they don't like the Right, and they're gonna use any words they can use, whether they have any there's any ability to substantiate them, it doesn't matter because all this is about a lot of it's about mental illness, it looks like, but a lot of the but it's all of this screaming and yelling from my feelings and my emotions, and there's nothing any of us are gonna do to change that. You're gonna try to just don't waste your energy. You need to keep law and order, but you're never gonna change the point of view. So let's get started with five A. Yes, Tim Wallas was talking about the Democrats need to get meaner, but you cannot hold them accountable for the way people act. Only the right, only conservative talk radio and Fox News and can be guilty of inciting people, not the left ever. Donald Trump in sights, none of the Democrats do, never, no matter what they say. But here we go, let's play it anyway. Here's Governor Tim Walls two weeks ago.
Speaker 9: Called out on this because I called Donald Trump I want to be dictator.
Speaker 1: It's because he is.
Speaker 5: It's because he is.
Speaker 9: Oh, the governor's being mean, and the governor's speaking out on that.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it's time for us to be a little meaner. Maybe it's time for us to be a little more fierce. Well, I will say, yeah, I think he cats it here. Okay, I will say that going into people's home pretending to be a policeman and shooting them and murdering two of them in cold blood and two others hanging on for their lives, that is meaner. Yeah. Uh, and it is a little more vicious. Unfortunately, you're going to see him now. Have to talk about state representative and the Lissa Hortman who was killed by psycho in her own home because she didn't vote way he wanted her to. So here we go.
Speaker 9: We're here today because an unspeakable tragedy has unfolded in Minnesota. My good friend and colleague, Speaker Melissa, and her husband Mark, were shot and killed early this morning in what appears to be a politically motivated assassination. Our state lost a great leader, and I lost the dearest of friends. Speaker Hortman was someone who served the people of Minnesota with grace, compassion, humor, and a sense of service.
Speaker 6: So if it was a politically motivated assassination, why did he have the no kings flyers? It seems he was politically motivated by your party, sir.
Speaker 1: Well, he got to be real broad there. Now we get into the sixes here, and what I mean that that's the number of the videos here. Now here we go, this is the just get ready, I'm telling you, mental illness is an all time high these days. Let's get started. Keep in mind that this has happened, and we all know what's happened, but the rhetoric does not get toned down. Here's Eric Swallwell, here we go. Donald Trump is America's Hitler. Yeah, that's not gonna help. And remember he's Hitler like just because they say he is, not that they can show you any evidence of that. Either they have a grotesque ignorance over Hitler and the Nazis or what. I think that that may be true, but I think it's this is something that sounds provocative. So we say, uh, yeah, here comes uh And I hate to see the senior citizens get on board with this. Yes, I saw some senior citizens this this weekend. And y'all are too old to be this stupid. So here comes here comes one crying about Trump. Here we go. I just, I just I'm just so scared. I summon me for you.
Speaker 6: So I worry about everything, and.
Speaker 1: I just I just I just me so.
Speaker 6: Scared and upset, and I don't and I don't understand why people didn't voted.
Speaker 1: For this person. Well, the reason why they were just scared of they read it. The reason why they voted for this person is I guess the person that didn't scare you, Joe Biden. Even though the free world is being run by a man in the in stages of Alzheimer's. Uh, I know that didn't bother you. The reason why he was elected is because of how what a what a horrible job the Democrats did when they had power. And you know, see this is again this rhetoric and all this misinformation. This is how it terrifies people because they believe all this time she was truly scared. Yeah, so sad.
Speaker 6: They're just being brainwished, manipulated. They're being brainwashed and manipulated. People are praying on people's fears and using fear to control them, and they're using fear to gain political power. And that lady, that old lady doesn't have anything to worry about. She doesn't and and they're they're driving her.
Speaker 1: It's it's just so sad.
Speaker 8: To see people taking advantage of like that.
Speaker 1: Here comes more grown adults acting like children at the protest. This is.
Speaker 3: Can we can can you pause it this booth? Do you see for five cents which you can do? You can help induce anxiety, an anxiety.
Speaker 1: Her Trump induced anxiety.
Speaker 3: And and grab a Trump doll and beat it.
Speaker 1: They give you a little Trump. Now, this is a grown man. This is a Mandelsicke. He's also in his seventies. Yes, and he's gonna go over here to this stupid booth and get a stupid doll from a stupid person and act like an idiot. Yep, all right, so here we go.
Speaker 6: All right, he's grabbing, he's getting the getting the doll from the booth, and he's.
Speaker 1: About to say he's saying bad boy to Trump. I'm telling you mental illnesses at an all the time, hotey. This guy tell you a man, Yeah, got his backpack on. Well, how can somebody be so old and have so little wisdom? No, it seems so many wasted years. That's wasted gray hair. Yeah it really is. Uh my goodness. So the last one that we have children given sticks to be the pinata. Yeah, that is an effigy of Trump. Is that correct? That is correct? Okay, so we have standing around. Keep in mind, keep in mind, this is the president of the United States of America and we've got children taking him and and the piniot of him and hitting him with sticks.
Speaker 6: This isn't good for people that wanted to open border. Noah's now.
Speaker 1: I want you to also remember. I want you to also remember that this is supposed to be the party that is supposed to be teaching a generation of children about hate, uh and and love. Love. Love always wins. Love is always the answer. It just doesn't look terribly loving. It really does. It doesn't. It's a little side note. My granddaughter at a party had a piniata. The things are hard to break. Yeah, make them a lot. I mean you, you can't break it with that little stick they give you. I felt bad for the kids. I finally had a reason there and cut it out. They are a great time by the way. You know what, as a capitalist, maybe we should get some Trump dolls and put them in the store and let the left go grab them and do whatever they want to.
Speaker 4: Do with it.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Burdger's show.
Speaker 1: Uh net and Yahoo. You know this what's going on with the Ron and Israel is super important, as we all know, a couple of things, and and then we'll get to an update on something that he said that Yas Netanyahu's discovered about Iran and Trump. But let's start first. Uh. You know these uh, these these hits that Israel's been taking in Iran, they're they're very strategic.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're trying to, you know, take out the key military leaders. I think they they almost got them all, but I think maybe two they didn't get and maybe decided that they wouldn't. But everybody they went after they got. Uh. And of course they're trying to uh tear up anything that would help them go forward with atomic bombs. So net and Yahoo is now talking to the people of Iran. And if you saw this over the weekend, uh, some of some of the people of Iran were actually celebrating when they heard that these this much of the evil regime had been taken out by the Israelis. But net and Yahoo is on a campaign right now to try to inspire the people of Iran to take their freedom and rise up and overthrow this evil regime. So here's here's some of those clips here we go.
Speaker 4: But to the people of Iran, I say, you're great people. You're people of great talent and genius who have been usurped by this tyranny that has robbed you of of hope, has robbed you of a good life. You know, I speak to the Uranian people directly. I don't know if you know this. Bread I do these these videos. I get millions and millions of responses, and they say, Viva Israel, Bravo Israel, free as from this tyranny. And I say to them, your our freedom is near, Rise up, be free.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And he goes on to talk to the brave people of Iran about who the fight is with and who is not. And I loved it in one of the clips, I'm not sure it's in this one Adler where he went to the Old Testament or to the Bible and said, let's return to the days of Cyrus the Great. You know, when you know, Cyrus was the one that helped them and we all worked together, and the Persians and the Israelis have done great things together in the past, and our relationship was one at one time that was good for Israel and good for Persia. But here he is again saying that the fight is not with you, the people of Iran. So here we go, so too.
Speaker 7: To the brave people of Iran, and I have a message for them. Our fight is not with you. Our fight is with the brutal dictatorship that has oppressed you for forty six years. I believe that the day of your liberation is near, and when that happens, the great friendship between our two ancient peoples will flourish once again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know Niamiyah, when he met opposition about re building the wall and all that, he said, well, whoa, Cyrus the Great gave us paperwork. We're free to come here and build all this back. And so had if I had meant for that paperwork, that project might have might have never got off the ground. Course God was in that by having Cyrus do that for them. But anyway, so he wants to return to that. Now, be careful. I noticed some of you are sending me stuff. Remember, the Iranians can't be trusted on what they're putting out on social media and what they're I mean, some of you were going, man, look at this and and a lot of this stuff they're showing them bombing Israel it's from a video game. It isn't real. Uh, And they're sending out these oh look at this, we had this. Hey, this iron dome doesn't work. Look at us. A lot of that are from video games. That's not real military footage. So you can't trust everything you're seeing on social media concerning this conflict. So just take a note of that. Some did this.
Speaker 3: Trey Inkst, who is a senior correspondent for for Fox News and he's been over there in the fight for what years now. He is really good and his crew was able to catch some that did get through. Yeah uh, and he was trying to get his crew out of there once he realized what was going on.
Speaker 1: But here's a little bit of that.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is some short range systems. Stay here and pull out a little bit.
Speaker 11: So that's Iron doing a massive amount of fire coming to Tel Aviv right now.
Speaker 8: Iron doing coming up and then you'll see incoming. Yeah, with something coming.
Speaker 11: Down, you get ready to pull it off the sick, get off the sticks. All right, let's go, it's time to go there.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 11: Okay, guys, come on, everyone move, I'm everyone moved now.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, stay with us, pick up the gear, let's go. It looks like a video game though, I mean, my goodness, it's hard to tell the difference, but there's no doubt that they you know, they overwhelmed them, and some still to get through. But just be aware that some of it it's hard to tell the difference because it looks so similar, but some of it is fate and and of course some of it is real. It's a serious situation, so just just be aware of that. But I think that that net in Yahoo, his narrative is on the right track. You know, the very people of Iran, or as they prefer to be called, the Persians, Uh, they they want out of this too. And you know, one of the most fastest growing churches of the Christian faith is also in Iran. It's a it's an underground, secret church. But there's a lot of Christians there too that are always in danger, you know, when that regime is is looking for people. So so anyway, Uh, it's a it's a serious situation. I know that one of the things that Natan Yahoo reveals has revealed is that Iran marked Trump as enemy number one with an assassination plott Yah, who says they want to kill him, he's enemy number one. He's a decisive leader. He never took the path that others took to try to bargain with them in a way that is weak, giving them basically a pathway to enrich uranium, which means a pathway to the bomb, patting it with billions and billions of dollars. And he said, because he will not go along with that, they've deemed him as enemy number one. So anyway, now I know that the left is announced today that this is just another way that net ya who's trying to be king, but you know, by breaking the wonderful, people loving regime of Iran as opposed to giving them money hoping that that somehow will appease them. So this is it's a serious situation. But I think what net Yao who is saying is the right thing. We're trying to weaken this regime where the people of Iran can rise up and free themselves from forty six years of tyranny. So let's hope that happens. Let's hope they can. We'll be back more to do the numbers eight eight eight, the number six big vox. You can use that same number to text We'll come back. We'll hit phone calls next on any topic a Sunstreen phone calls, we turn it over to you the people while we still can't. I hopeful a lot of you got that for a Father's Day and thank you for all the great pictures and comments. Really enjoying that. Also, I need to ask all of you something awkward social moment, and I know these are your favorites media, just asking for protocol, asking for protocol. Okay. So we do this studio and we love it. But the studio is located inside a commercial building, and you've heard us talk about once we go out into the world of going to the restroom, we now be to interact with others in the building. Some of them we have established an acquaintance kind of how you doing recognize you somebody we don't know at all? Yeah, okay, okay, but we're not close friends really with anyone, because this would be something that you do without even hesitation with people they're your friends. So I just made a run to the restroom in the break and I almost just it was so instinctive. I had to stop myself because I thought, you don't do that to somebody, especially they're standing at a urinal. Oh boy, I walk in and I immediately noticed there's a young fellow that works I don't know who somewhere in this building. Must be on our floor, because that's where he was, and his collar was messed up and it desperately needed to be straightened. You did not touch his and so I mean, I mean you, guys, you don't know how close I was. My hand was reaching out to fix it, and I thought, wait a minute, I don't know him, and he's standing at the urinal. He's kind of freak, you know it. And I stopped and I put my hand back. But should I have said something? You know, you don't say a word. First of all, what are you doing? Right? I think you have become me. It's like something y'all said.
Speaker 3: I'm an over greeter.
Speaker 1: He's way more bad than me. He feels like like he can't walk by Sweet two hundred people. He goes to them. Don't say anything to anybody, they'll probably figure it out. My sweet, My sweet two hundred notches. You can't even count them. I've taken so many people to Sweet two hundred. I love for it. Is it about helping them? Or is it getting the notches? I think that it's competition. It is. It's about I think I want to be the person that if everybody needs to get the sweet two hundred, they go ask Beard over there. He knows, let's stop it there and leave any bathroom talk or anything. Did you touch the person? I did not. I almost did. I was moving that way, and I thought, maybe I shouldn't do this. What if he turned around, Maybe there's no maybe you shouldn't his collar all it would have taken just a quick adjustment and it had been right, No words coworkers were happen.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: You were so hoping he was going to strike up conversation because then it would give you.
Speaker 1: An open and he I think that he was, well, think about it, poor kid. He's he's kind of gangling and here comes here comes big Beard in. You know, he's probably wanting.
Speaker 3: This all to be over as quick as possible, and you're getting too close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I want to do that with me, right. But the back of his his collar was it just you know, you know, oh yeah, mine's like that a lot. Yeah, But if it was one of us, I mean, it's nothing, hey man, let me grab your collar. That's even a.
Speaker 3: Little weird at the urinal though, I know, but you shouldn't let me once he once he backed away from the urinal, backed away from the urineal went to wash hands.
Speaker 1: Should I have said, then, hey man, just f y you collars, Jack, don no let me fix it. No, no, no, that's another one I thought speedy was. But it's just that shirt, right, How do you left the shirt? You've left the shirt too easy to each. I've been had people ask me an email stuff. I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is a borderline shirt. This is a shirt that I never here, but I wear away from here. And this would have been one of the ones that I challenged the studio the staff. Wear a shirt tomorrow that you would never wear at work, and see what happens.
Speaker 1: These puppy feet all over? No, no they're not. Are those puls No they're not pauls. I don't know what they They're not religious? What are they? What is it? Is it? Is it some sort of is it clover? I just is it a blue clover? I think it's a design, That's what I think. It's a it's a flower? Is it some sort of tractive No?
Speaker 3: I didn't wear a solid colored shirt. My god, you don't wear flowery we come.
Speaker 1: You've been staring at it all day.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like, I feel like I'm a woman just staring at my chest.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me. That's Wales. Yeah, let's face it, like I have a face. I'm right here. No, no, man, I just thought that you're like a woman. You're like a woman in a low cut shirt. You're just begging somebody that great looking at your Yeah fish. Did you all see my shirt?
Speaker 6: By the way, it's a it's Bigfoot and my wife got it for me. Bigfoot's wearing a hat, he's got fireworks American flags.
Speaker 1: My wife really gets me, you know guys. I almost saw that shirt and said that's the perfect She get that at the big Foot thing.
Speaker 4: She did.
Speaker 6: She got into the big Foot thing and then gave it to me, and I'm like, yeah, thanks baby. And this was all part of Father's Day. And then I made her watch the opening bank robbery scene of The Dark Night and.
Speaker 1: Nice, and I was like, so, how good was that? Huh? And she was like yeah, it was great.
Speaker 6: And then we then we watched some like van videos about electrical stuff and and I made I made her watch it, and the guy would be like, see, now I used to go with these batteries, but now I go with this. And then I would look at Aaron and be like, see that's what I was saying, right right, and she'd be like, I'm only because of Father's Day?
Speaker 8: Am I watching this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You're right.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I did a lot.
Speaker 6: I asked a lot, you know, and the marriage is about giving and caring.
Speaker 1: No, when it comes to your wardrobe, I think I think you you have such an attitude that's so clear you have completely given up. I mean you're not even making an effort, and I think that that's almost defeated Greg. You know, it's like, yeah, I got to see more effort for me to make fun of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, he's got to be trying at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So don't fix anybody's collar that you don't know. No, especially at the bathroom. I let him walk away from it over to the It's like when George don't believe you even thought about it, Like.
Speaker 6: When George on Seinfeld went to feel that lady's material in the elevator and she was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Get away from me? Creep that's you. Okay, So y'all are not bothered by somebody's collar that just does just one little adjustment. It's perfect. I'm not bothered by it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm still thinking about it. You wish it was fair. I wish I knew where the kid's office was. Maybe you'll see somebody's somebody's found it. Surely somebody. What do you not see it when he goes to wash his hands. No, it's in the back. Oh, I'll miss a belt loop from time to time. That's easy to do, right, Oh, it's the double in the back. Second, So are you the kind of person that tells somebody for flies in it? No? No stranger or friend stranger? No stranger, stranger.
Speaker 6: Stranger, yes, friend, No, that's the right mix right there.
Speaker 1: I won't tell a friend. Then I'll watch him interact with other people and watch them go.
Speaker 3: You know, you won't tell anybody anything when.
Speaker 1: You get that. Yeah, the hair phone, the headphone debris. Greg.
Speaker 3: I had stuff all over my head one time and Hobi, hey, you got stuff all over your head, And I'm like, it's been there all day, Like I had black mold all over It's I don't know how you didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Uh. That gave me two more reps.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: That's the only impression you do that actually sounds.
Speaker 6: Failure, failure the no, it's uh. For people that don't know Speedy's only and best friend, that's exactly what sounds.
Speaker 1: Where do I think we are? We're workplace friends, but we're not Hoby.
Speaker 3: No, you got more friends than one.
Speaker 1: I think you're I think you're smothering Hoby.
Speaker 3: No at all.
Speaker 1: Just feel.
Speaker 3: It's called a friend and acquaintance, a friend, and we have conversations and we don't judge.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't think, you don't think, you don't think. How are you wearing that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: You don't think? Oh he goes there becustos and oasis where all this stuff is over.
Speaker 3: No, we just go with have conversations. What what what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What? Hobe? You have addressed something? Wouldn't Would Hoby have mentioned the collar, said the person in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: No, he had a flee he'd ran from it. He's a fleeer.
Speaker 1: I fixed it. Oh yeah, Speedy would have done Speedy when we were and fixed it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Where you'll go like we got some relationship or that you'll gay in a second.
Speaker 1: I had a good one second mean a second. We're all married on my family. I wouldn't say up together. It ain't like I said. If it's flying zipped, you zip it up. It ain't like that.
Speaker 3: Oh great, he goes in this in the second he goes to it.
Speaker 1: What about just hate? Everything goes back just what I said, trying to help him out. F y, I hate check that fly? Yeah, but what was it x y z examiners x y z x y z p d q. By the way, I understand the person the texture just said. I do not. I give no one a heads up on halfway down, but it's all the way down. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: How about boogers?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I can't point a booger out. I can't. I can't even on me. I appreciate it. I probably would.
Speaker 3: We made a packe my strangers, okay, you know no, No, how about these about the ones that wiggle when they breathe?
Speaker 1: No, that's right, our cross, that was right. Whatever that thing is to get the between people's lips and keep stretching a spit stringer and before you know it, and before you know it, and before you know it, you have no idea what they're saying. No, that thing will hypnotize. Hey, do you need some water? What can I do that? Oh? My god, hypnotizable hypnotize. I can't off of it.
Speaker 8: Wow, you'll remember that time I took a shower before work.
Speaker 6: Before before work, a lot of people working out. I was working out right across the hall until then I ran in to go do our prayer. And I don't know how, but I had like a booger like coming out of going up my nose, up my forehead.
Speaker 1: How are like? Is this a joke? That's horrible? Hey, Rick here from the Rick Burgess Show. So we gather here tomorrow another Burgess ball battle. Last time we played the wheel produced bucks Cash Sweet Cash. Could it happened again tomorrow? Maybe on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV