Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Y. I am Giselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? I'm Romin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. No, and we're now in No, it's not May. No, it's we're still April April. It's the end. It's the end of April. Gosh. I know we say this every time, but time is flying, Time's flying. Shout out to my twins. Their birthdays this week.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, so what's their zodiac time tours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time, big time tours. They're turning nineteen. Wow. Ain't that crazy? That's wild? Nineteen wow. That means I'm I'm getting old or I'm staying the same, that they're getting old. That's the crazy part.
Speaker 1: It's like we watch our kids get old, but at the same time, we're getting old, but we feel like we're like stuck in place. Yes, because Sae, we kind of looked the same, act the same. But the kid it's like it's the kids that really let.
Speaker 2: You know that you're getting old. Yeah, that time's going by. Yeah, yes, wow, who Yeah, anyway, and I can I can kind of tell you. Well, I'll tell you later. Yeah, well, okay, I find I'll tell you now. So okay, this is this would have would have been the first year that the twins didn't have a birthday together. Oh right, yeah. So they were both in their fields okay, and a Door was like, Mom, I think we should like surprise Angel. That'd be cute. So A Door and I are flying to Atlanta. Oh cute to surprise Angel because a Door on her birthday has like a reading day or something, so she doesn't necessarily happen. Okay, Okay. So in the meantime, for like the past couple of weeks, Angel's been hitting us up like I can't believe that Door and I are going to be together, and she's been crying. Oh, she's so upset about it. Oh my gosh. And we've just been like looking at her like okay because we know, like we're going okay. So I'm feeling bad for Angel because she's like she's like going through it's going through it. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: So of course you have to record that because I love seeing the videos when especially when like the military people come home from being overseas and they surprise their kid at school and the kid like, so we.
Speaker 2: Need yeah, yeah, okay, I'll be on top of that. Yeah yeah, I'll do that. Okay, so I'll report back, But you got to it's so sweet. It's it's sweet, but it's cute, it's like and it's.
Speaker 1: It's awesome because at this age that there's still like wait a minute, yeah, I need to spend time with my sister on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Because it's both their birthdays. Yes, yeah, and they don't know it any other way, right, Yeah, So we'll actually get there the night before their birthday. Once Angel sees me, I know she's gonna pack her back so fast and like go to my hotel. So we'll all be together for like to wake up on their birthday. I think she's got.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're going to surprise her the day before okay okay, and so that we'll.
Speaker 2: Have the whole day the next day to do whatever, got it? So she can skip her classes or she has to go to classes. That's fine. A Door was like, Mom, we going to the mall. I was like, we're gonna tear that mall down. We're gonna tear down now where do they like to shop? So they either want to go to Skims speaking.
Speaker 1: Of SIMS store and them the mall in Atlanta okay, and and or Aloe Okay, So either either or we're gonna tear it down.
Speaker 2: Okay. So did you see the Skims? I have it on my phone. Do you see the Skims. It's like a pop up and there's like this brawl that was across the mall and people were jumping on it's like a trampoline. No, you didn't see this, No, but it's it was like genius to me because it was a Skims pop up in the mall. No, I did not. And people were straight up jumping up and down on bras. Okay, okay, let me show you give give me give me one second. Okay. While you're looking and we're talking about it, I hear this. Okay. Oh they're like, oh my god, that looks How fun is that?
Speaker 1: That looks fun? But kind of scary. So they're like bungee kind of it's like a trampoline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's in the shape of so the.
Speaker 1: Cup, the cup of the brawl is what flipped over or so you're jumping into the inside of the cup and bouncing up and bouncing from one cup to the other cup.
Speaker 2: How how genius is that? That's that's crazy. So I don't know if m I don't know if somebody in her marketing team thought of it, but that's genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's fun. So they only did that in one What Mam was.
Speaker 2: That I didn't say, I would assume somewhere in maybe Vegas, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe like a big attraction. Yeah, okay, that's awesome, good for her. I was gonna say, speaking of Skims and Kardashians, now, I mean they're okay, we you already, we already. We didn't talk about the Crumble, the Kardashian Crumble.
Speaker 2: No, I called you. You texted it to sent it to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, I liked the flavor. I mean, the flavors were pretty basic, but I like basic flavor, like dessert, you know, like yellow cake, yes, snickerdoodle.
Speaker 2: Okay. So so for those of y'all who don't know, the Kardashians had their own week of Crumble cookies and they got to choose the cookie.
Speaker 1: Right right, right, So so anyway, they have that collaboration and apparently Courteney's was gluten free and everyone said it was disgusting.
Speaker 2: They like literally put in their mouth and spit it out. Yeah, it was a gluten free chocolate cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like one of those flowerless chocolate chocolate cakes. Did you ever go and get any.
Speaker 2: So I got it. I got Chris's Chriss was vanilla cake, chocolate frosting. I liked it, but you can only eat like two bites and you have to throw it away because it's just too sweet. Yeah, it just got to be weird too much. Chloe we had I think, like the snicker doodle one. Maybe did she? I don't think I had that. I think I had the uh no, no, Kim had a snickerdoodle Okay, that was just okay whatever, And I got whatever Chloe had. I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 1: It a fun fatty one kind of I think that was.
Speaker 2: I think that was Kylie had the fun I don't know, but they they they were just okay, they weren't grand, Okay, all right, Well I.
Speaker 1: Didn't go anyway, So they had that collaboration. I'm saying all this to say that they are everywhere now. Chloe has popcorn protein popcorn.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Called cloud and it's of course spelled with a K K H l o U d protein popcorn. I don't know, like it's it's it's dusted in protein powder.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That sounds disgusting, sounds weird, right, Yeah, that sounds disgusting. But I'm just they are everywhere their interview everything. It's like they're going to try something. Yeah, it's crazy because I can see what sticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just bought some lashes, like some strip lashes, and from this you know, random place that I get lashes from, and they sent me. They put I guess in the box Chloe lashes. So Chloe has her own like last strip. Oh my gosh, I am an get your get the like gets stuff.
Speaker 1: You don't even realize it's theirs.
Speaker 2: Listen, get it, get it. Okay. Can I tell you my shady moment? Yes?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Okay. So went to New York. This just happened, and I'm on the train coming home, and I was very happy because I thought nobody was sitting next to me. Then this man comes. He sits down, but before he gets to the seat, he's literally sneezing. El oh god. And then he gets in the seat and he's blowing his nose and sneezing. So mind you if y'all don't know this, train seats are like right next to each other. They're like boom boom, like next. So I was searching through my back because I was like, I know I have a mask in here somewhere. I know, I do, I know I do. I did not. Yeah, I had like a hoodie like that hoodie was like zipped up over my everything because I'm like, dude, and why don't you have on a mask. You're sick, right, you are blowing your nose and coughing, and you're sitting next to me. My gosh, I almost wanted to jump off my and he never said anything.
Speaker 1: He never was like excuse me, No, I never got it. You should have asked the train conductor if they had a mask.
Speaker 2: Oh, next time, I will yeah, because I'm sure they do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I should have got a stack of them, yeah, yes, And then you should have put it on all dramatically, like yeah, first of when you walk past, excuse me, do you have a mask?
Speaker 2: And then he gives it you just like that'd have been like a major caring moment and I wouldn't have cared at all, Like I would have done the whole thing. Yes, and he should, and I would have been like, yo, you need to put one on too, right, because you won't just affect me, You'll affect like people what six feet away? Yes, yeah, thanks sir, but miraculously I'm fine, yeah, thank gods. So yeah, and this is a PSA like if you're sick, we we remember COVID that was actually yesterday, So put your mask on and save everybody else from getting your sicknesses.
Speaker 1: But that's how people, that's how it travels. Like that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Whenever it is a cold, a flu, a COVID anything, that's how it travels, like all over the country. Like we were coming from New York going to DC. I don't know where that man's going. But let's say I got sick. Well I'm about to fly to l A.
Speaker 1: Right, and so now I'm affecting all of Los Angeles right exactly? Yeah, No, it's not right, Like why are the measles a thing?
Speaker 2: Now? Why? It's crazy? Right? Because I think our president thinks that we don't need to be vaccinated or RFK.
Speaker 1: Well no, I mean those are those people's choice that they didn't vaccinate, vaccinate themselves, because what is it the MMR vaccination?
Speaker 2: You get it really young when when you're when you're a baby. At this point, I don't know what it's like. I think got it. Yeah, yes we did.
Speaker 1: No, we probably didn't get it when we were babies.
Speaker 2: They probably got it later.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but now, but I know both of my kids got it when they were babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So well, first of all, you can't even get in school without it, and right, you don't have a choice here, right exactly, yeah, exactly. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's people who choose not to vaccinate, vaccinate themselves. But then I think I feel like I heard that someone who was vaccinated got the measles and died or something something crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Anyway, y'all, you know it's a measles epidemic, So govern yourself according yes, yeah, please stay safe. Okay, So.
Speaker 1: My shady moment is just I don't know if it's self inflicted whatever anyway, Yes.
Speaker 2: Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: So anyway, I like I have I'm I probably and this is you know, okay, like beating up on myself. I probably I probably weigh them moment that I've weighed like ever in my life except for like when I was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Right, So I'm like, okay, where is this weight? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just that's the thing about me, Like the weight gets distributed like pretty.
Speaker 2: Evenly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like, oh, it's like all in my upper thighs, all in my you know. Anyway, So I'm like trying to be on this like, you know, Okay, fitness kick Juan and I are working out together. We go to the gym together, we walk four or five miles together. Okay, So last week it was like I went, I was like working out every day, lifting weights, working out, walking, doing exercise, blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And I get on the scale.
Speaker 1: And I'm two pounds heavier, two pounds heavier than when I started the week, And I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: The like what stuff? Isn't that like water weight? I don't know. It's so discouraging.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm over here, like, yeah, I'm proud of myself. I'm consistent, I'm working out, working hard.
Speaker 2: Up in here. But what'll what y'all eat?
Speaker 1: I'm eating like I'm eating, but I don't eat terrible. I'm eating what I always eat.
Speaker 2: Okay. And how about at night? No, I don't eat like crazy at night. Okay, you stop eating with the boys. You can't eat with the boys.
Speaker 1: Well, I try not to eat past eight okay. Yeah, So I mean it's just like crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is happening? I don't know, it's just it's so discouraging.
Speaker 1: So I stopped working out, and I stopped walking and I.
Speaker 2: And you're eating twinkies. Yeah, I just hell with it. Okay now, and now I'm about to call somebody give me some ozempic or something. Yeah, listen, listen, every everybody is on that nonsense. I'm not, but most people I know are.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people are. So I do want Okay, if anyone's listening, and you have an experience with a g l P one, ozampig manjar or whatever, yeah, like right right right right to me and tell me what your experience is like, because I am literally considering doing.
Speaker 2: But but what you want is the is the negatives. You know you know, you know, you know it works. We've seen people it works. You want to know them. You need the nextive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's right, and that and the negatives are going to make me like forget it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you need you need honesty. You need honesty. So if your hair fell out, you need to say that, If you shit did something green, you need to say that, like all those things we need to know. Yeah, yeah, well Robin needs to know. Yes, But by the way, I just want to say, Robin looks fine to me. No I don't. I'm not like I don't. Okay, she's not she's you know, That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. Like I don't want to like beat myself up because of course we're our worst critics. Yes, you know, and but we know like you know when your clothes fit differently. You know what I think the kicker for me is like when I look at old pictures of myself when I thought I wasn't in great shape, or when I thought back then like that I need to lose weight, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, like I actually looked really good then.
Speaker 1: And so you know what I'm saying, It's like you compare it to what you look like today and I'm like, oh shit, and it's just like it creeps slowly. So for me, I'm at the point where I just need to like pull it back. I need to get it under control. And then you know, at this age, I'm forty six, so like all the female hormone type stuff comes into play, Like how much of that is a factor.
Speaker 2: You see a lot of people totally go.
Speaker 1: Through perimenopause and menopause and like their weight fluctuates, and.
Speaker 2: You know, something like trying to get it under control, and you have to be good to yourself, like we're not gonna get stressed out over this.
Speaker 1: Yes, but but that scale, yeah.
Speaker 2: And they say, Robbie, I supposed to You're not supposed to do that. We scale every day. Doing that, you're going to drive yourself crazy. I never weigh myself. I don't have a scale, but I do.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I don't weigh myself, then then you don't know like.
Speaker 2: Where you are. You know where you are. You're because based off of your clothes that don't shrink, you know where you are. Okay, well z big hair, I come, okay, don't know that's fine. Call Karen. Oh no, she's in jail. Calla took. She said, I need to talk to her. She said it wasn't like she took something different. She took something different. Yeah, Cautry looks amazing. She does.
Speaker 1: She looks great, and she looks like she doesn't look like anything else was negatively affected.
Speaker 2: Yes, like her face looks good. Yes, yeah, because we've seen the sunken faces. By the way. I saw one yesterday.
Speaker 1: I was in the hair salon, and I mean, it's funny when people just try to deny it was a lady that you know, I see all the time. I see her all the time, and I noticed like her face looked really sunking in. Her body looked really small, and I said something to my hairstylus. I was like, yeah, I think something, you know, did she do a Olympic like something?
Speaker 2: Looks you know whatever.
Speaker 1: She was like, she won't admit to it, she said, I asked her, she said, because her hair is thinning. Yeah, and you know, I've asked her like what's going on and blah blah blah, but she won't admit to it.
Speaker 2: So but I know, but seeing her, I was like, I don't look like that. I think you can manage it the way that you you be fine. Yeah. Yeah, So let's say you're supposed to take ten percent.
Speaker 1: Just take two right exactly? Yeah, yeah, that's what I want, like the microdose.
Speaker 2: Yes boom? Who else looks at.
Speaker 1: Marge Margaret from New Jersey? She posted I guess she's doing a promotion for one of these weight loss things. She posted something about whatever she did and she looks amazing, so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I'll call them.
Speaker 1: I don't think she was big, no, but and that's no, she wasn't big. But everyone out now is skinny, yeah you know and lean?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, speaking of in Big Trouble Shannon Sharp, can we discuss him with what he calls his big black dick? Right? What he's is he doing? And why why are you this? What it's like dumb? Why are you this old? This accomplished?
Speaker 1: Its busy and you have time to be with a.
Speaker 2: Nineteen was she eighteen or the summer nineteen nineteen? Nineteen year old young lady like? And he was really in a relationship with her apparently for two years. That's insane. Well, I'm sure he was saying a lot of people. She wasn't the only one. She thought she was the only one. Because okay, so is that is this a fetish? Do you think. I don't know. Okay, So just for for those of you who don't know Shannon Sharp, who has He's on ESPN, He's on First Take. He's on First Take with It on SPN. He has a podcast called Nightcap. He has a podcast that's just him interviewing.
Speaker 1: Club celebrities, right club. And that's probably where he really blew up, because remember he did the that Kat Williams interview that you know millions and millions of people.
Speaker 2: And the reason why I blew up was because Kat was talking ninety percent of the time. This was did not blow up because because of Shon's great Then he has a he has the podcast with Chad O Chosenko, and I think that's it. Yeah, and he probably has endorsements and all that.
Speaker 1: But apparently he was about to sign a I don't know what it was, for a one hundred million dollars deal.
Speaker 2: So I inside inside Baseball on that is I heard that that's not true. Yeah, okay, I heard that that was kind of put out there to see if the girl was going to ask from come and ask for money. It was kind of like a ploy. Okay, see her next move. But regardless, Shannon, your lawyer said, y'all offer this woman ten million dollars, right, so which I don't. I mean, I don't know any think about his bank account, but do you have ten million liquid?
Speaker 1: Is what I said.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, he's doing really good. You want to just pay.
Speaker 1: They don't talk about your sex capades, so anyway, so you didn't finish telling them like, well, actually happens.
Speaker 2: So he so this woman is suing him for rape, I believe, and sexual assault because he was in a two year relationship at the time. He was fifty two, I believe she was nineteen. Now it's just like two years later, so he's fifty four, she's twenty two. And there's text messages and audio messages that have come out, and the woman is like.
Speaker 3: Shannon, I told you I didn't want you to put your big black dick in my butt, but you did, and no means no. And I asked you to put a condo mone and you said no.
Speaker 2: And then they talk on the phone and she mind you that voice, that's how she sounds on the phone. So I just didn't pull that voice out of my ass. But she says to Shannon, like he says, I'm gonna choke you. You want me to choke you, I'm gonna choke you to you almost die. And she's like, Shannon, now to be choked? Why like all of this nonsense, Like, and I.
Speaker 1: Think he saying he's gonna choke her in a kinky way.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, well I mean he said something about choking her in public or up. Yeah, he's gonna choke her in public? To death? Yes, yes, Now I think he's saying to death like like I'm no, not killed, just like to death like but not in the kill way.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: This is not funny. It's all ridiculous. It's insane. It's like, dude, So so okay, So I didn't know ESPN was Disney. I did not know that. Yeah really ok Yeah, so Disney's like, I'm sure, yes, so by time this airs, I'm sure there'll be some sort of fallout, right right, I'm sure it's gonna lose it all right? Oh wait wait wait we didn't even talk about him coming out when doing his little his speech. Yes, so he did a Sean P. Diddy Coombs I'm innocent speech.
Speaker 3: And he was like, if y'all don't know, I'm gonna let y'all know I'm gonna be transparent.
Speaker 2: This is Tony Buzzby. Tony Buzzby is stereotyping all black men to make us look like we ain't what we say we are. I ain't know what he said, and then he said something like, this is a shakedown. I'm gonna be transparent with y'all because y'all know that's how I do. I'm transparent. Boy. Good nights to my.
Speaker 4: Family, friends, supporters, and colleagues. I want to speak to you directly and from the heart. This is a shakedown. I'm gonna be open, transparent and defend myself because this isn't right. This is all being orchestrated by Tony Buzzby, who is targeted jay Z. Tony Buzzby targets black men, and I believe he's going to release a thirty second clip of a sex tape that tries to make me look guilty and played into every stereotype you could possibly imagine. That video should actually be ten minutes or so. Hey, Tony, instead of releasing your edit, put the whole video out. I don't have it, or I will it myself. You know what happened, and you're trying to manipulate the media.
Speaker 1: And then proceededs to be like, yeah, there's a sex tape women, a sex tape.
Speaker 2: He said, I don't have the sex tape because y'all know me. If I had it, I would put it all out there. But Tony Buzzby just gonna put thirty thirty seconds out because he's trying to make me look bad. He's trying to bury me. He will not bury me, show the whole thing. But he should have said, yeah, I had sex with her in her butt and she told me not to, but I did it anyway, Like he should have just said that, this is ridiculous. This is so ridiculous. But like, listen, men need to be smarter, is long story short, Yes, especially men who are public right, who have a huge platform in several different pots and on powerful networks, powerful networks. Black, Yes, y'll just need to be a little smarter. Yeah, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, there's clearly no law broken in dealing with the nineteen year old no right now. But I feel like because my question was like, okay, well, well where's the.
Speaker 2: Crime, right well, and this is a civil law. This is of course because this ain't number of money, right, So where's the crime?
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking something must have happened at some point in this relationship where this girl did feel threatened or wabe.
Speaker 2: Well, the crime was she said, I told you not to put it in my butt and you did.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: No means no. That's so that's what she's saying. Is the rape. That's what she's saying, is the crime. Yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: And then but for her to start recording him, I don't know. Maybe I guess this is this is how he treated her, and this is how he spoke to her all the time. Yeah, and then she finally was like, I'm going to record it. But it's still why is this a criminal? I mean, why is this a civil lawsuit?
Speaker 2: Again? Because she's saying she was raped, she's saying she was sexually assault I should be a criminal. Oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah. Why why did we just get to the money, right? I think I think in her mind, she's broken, she needs money.
Speaker 1: So if he offered ten million dollars, why didn't she take it?
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing, this is the thing. He's screaming. I'm innocent, I'm innocent. This is a setup. But you but your lawyer said you offered her ten million dollars right before anybody knew anything about this, right, Why didn't she take it? I don't know. Yes, maybe because she thought she could get more who knows who. But I'm sick. But I tell you, I don't know nothing about this man back account. But I'm telling you right now, you ain't getting more.
Speaker 5: No, right, you go right because because guess what, he about to get fired, so can't give her money exactly, So she just so it's like instead of taking the ten million dollars and shutting up, now you ruin his You you put the shit out there, and you ruin his life so that he can't make any more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and is like, why would he give you any money at this point?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they go toport if they settle, what do they settle? But but why is he going to settle at this point? He she's already put it out there, yeah, you know, like versus like when like with Puffy and Cassie, Cassie didn't really she kind of like sprinkled, but.
Speaker 2: She didn't put she didn't like, Oh I'm sorry, the girl said she has more stuff.
Speaker 1: You're right, she said she has more more evidence. Right, But in my opinion, Shannon Sharp is probably close to done. Yes, right, like he's probably close to done.
Speaker 2: But I did say that to one.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, he got ten million dollars sitting around just to be paying.
Speaker 2: Like okay, so what was this? Where were his football deals?
Speaker 1: I mean back then he probably didn't he made money, but he hasn't played football and how long?
Speaker 2: And he probably made like one hundred million from football, fifty million from football back then, probably at least fifty from football because he won a couple.
Speaker 1: Of okay, okay, if and half of that is gone from taxes, agent fees, yes, lord fees.
Speaker 2: And then we look can calculated. I know, I know that's what. Sorry, Shanon. At this point I'm saying I'm sorry. I'm not saying sorry for imitating you. I'm just saying sorry, but counting your coins, yeah, he just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Regardless, Lesson learned don't mess with the freaking nineteen year old and then be like aggressive with them, like you know, don't don't try to like assert your power over them. And maybe that's why he was with her because he couldn't do that with women who are more you know, established, Yeah, yeah, yeah, all of that, like whyse and mature people are not going to go for what he's doing. And maybe he's tried and people don't go for it. It's just yeah, that's I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, why is he? I mean, this is the thing, like what you what you want personally? You know what your kinks are, what your what your thing is? Cool, that's your thing, but like be smart about it. Right, did she sign NDA? Did you make her sign of NDA? Are you protecting yourself? Like? And lets us never forget Shannon, you are a black man in America and you were fooling around with a little white girl. So congratulations, mm hmm. You actually after yourself in the butt? He did, he did, he did your but I think might be hurting right now. All right, So I did want to talk about the pope because the pope did pass away, Okay, And I know you're not Catholic, but I am. And this particular pope was great, like he very much was for the homeless, for the poor, for equality. You know, the Catholic Church uting people like for who and what they are, because the Catholic Church in the past has been accused of like being anti gay all that. No, he that wasn't him. He was great, totally, totally great. And it's very sad. And you know, the last person he saw before oh God, insult to injury. But first of all, I love the fact that he passed away on Easter or the day it was the day after Easter. No, it was Easter. I thought it was the day after.
Speaker 1: I think I made it through Easter and then passed away like the next morning.
Speaker 2: I thought it.
Speaker 1: Passed away that night, okay, So either way, it was like seven in the morning he passed away.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Still, he made it to Easter, he made it to Eastern and he was out.
Speaker 2: And he blessed the people. Yes, yes, and then he got a visitor called JD. Van First, why from what I did well that the White House or his people asked to have a one on one with the Pope, okay, because he's doing this like me tour. Okay, because you know, they tried to go to Greenland and they was like, get the hell out of here. So the Pope said no. Pope's people said no, oh really they did. At the last minute they I guess they kept begging JD. Vans kept begging, so they said, okay, fine, So this fool goes to visit the pope and now the Pope is no longer with us. Okay, it's not funny. I mean, it's just your consistenty killed the prope. This is after.
Speaker 1: He dropped the uh, the trophy.
Speaker 2: Yes, wait, but let's let's run this down. You got kicked out of Greenland, okay, because mind you, that Greenland thing was supposed to be just his wife. And then he said I'm coming and then they was like, get the hell out. Then you dropped the Ohio State trope. Break it, break it. You broke the ship, okay on television. Then you went to Rome to the Vatican to see and get blessings from the Pope, and the Pope couldn't take your toxic gas. We're gonna rest in peace, the pope. And okay. So this is this is this Pope looks good. Is amazing.
Speaker 1: He looked fine on Eastern when he was out in the car, he was out in the bouse.
Speaker 2: I think he just was like you think you think vance like slipped them something because they did shake hands. He could have had something. I was saying, I know, I'm gonna get in trouble for this, okay, not mine, not mine? Okay. So so now I'm kind of excited, okay, okay, because you know about the whole voting for the next pope, right, yes, and there's a conclave and black smoke, white smoke. Yes, it's gonna be good. Okay, So has that started yet? No? I don't think the conclave is for a couple of months. I don't know when the conclaves. Okay, it's not immediate, Okay, I don't know why I thought it was. Yes, but in the running are like two black men cardinals? Yes, and where they're from? Do you know? Africa? And that would be amazing Okay, So get into it. Black pope about to.
Speaker 1: Be okay, Okay, So I'm excited about that, Okay, all right, that'll be interesting to see like how this goes down and how long it goes down for and like that's really yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think I think another cardinal that's in contention is he's Asian. Okay, So this is good diversity. Yeah, religion, I love it. Have you seen sinners? Have not? Did you? I did not see it?
Speaker 1: Okay, because you have to actually go to the movie theater to see it, right, Oh you do, I think so?
Speaker 2: Oh huh.
Speaker 1: I like, I hear so much about it, but I think it's in the theater.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I'm gonna have time for that to go to the theater. Yeah, let me let me see if that's the case. I don't have to wait for my kids to see because they want to probably see it with me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh maybe go when you go to Atlanta. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. No, it's it's only in the theater. It's only in theaters. Okay, well it's it's raking in the money. It will eventually be on.
Speaker 2: Max Okay at some point. Yeah, all right, So I think I'll wait and see it then. But I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I hear like you, I just hear it's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then is it?
Speaker 1: Like, like, okay, what is it's about vampires and stuff. It's a that's what threw me.
Speaker 2: It's a it's because it's supposed to be semi horror story and I'm not a horror girl. Michael mind you, Michael be Fox. No. Michael B. Jordan. Jordan's Michael B. Jordan is the starting movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, with his.
Speaker 2: Black Panther producer I can't remember Ryan Cougler, Yes, right, yes, And it's getting all types of acclaim yes right, everyone's saying this movie is great, but they're saying it's like super scary. Yeah, but like fun though, is it? Yeah? Okay? And they said that the soundtrack for it.
Speaker 1: Is like off the chain, and it seems like it's set in like it's not present day.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like back in the day. Yeah, Okay, I don't I don't know, but I'm excited. So that's a weird, you know. So we're gonna have to go see that. We're pupping y'all up to go see it. Let us know how y'all, what y'all think about it. And I just want to say I've been watching this show with John Ham. By the way, I think he's my new crush really, and I didn't know he was Mary. I just found out he's Mary Book. But I know he's funny. He's in this movie show Neighbors and Friends or Friends and Neighbors or something. It's on Apple and it doesn't even matter. But he's like a cool guy and he's like extremely extremely cool, down to earth. And I was looking at him the other day. I was like, I think I want to have sex with you. So and then I saw him like do his press for this show? And I was like, oh man, he looks really yeah. So and then I found out he was married and I was like, wop. Okay John Hamm if y'all don't know, was what was he big? Yeah? What was that show? Mad mad Men? Yeah? Mad? He was like I wat did you watch that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Mad Man was like amazing, Okay, what are we talking about here? Oh, there's some things we have. We have some good news. Mm hmm. Do you know what the good news is? Yes, Baltimore is no longer okay a city that hold on. Let me read the headline crime the crime. Baltimore is removed from the Most Dangerous US City list for the first time in the years. That's amazing, really, what that is beyond amazing? Right? How do we get there?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like just Baltimore standings ago it was like the most dangerous it was what happened for decades, it was the most dangerous city.
Speaker 2: Baltimore stand up. Okay, Baltimore, y'all are doing it. I'm very excited about.
Speaker 1: Great job, great job to the mayor and the yes, you know, all of the officials, the law enforcement whomever, whatever y'all did to make this change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations. You know, y'all know Roymen is from Baltimore, and I lived in Baltimore for years, so this is like a great thing. So I'm happy about that. Yeah too. And by the way, so DC's right down the street from Baltimore. I don't want the crime to just move down the street, right, So hopefully we just crime free. Yeah, in fifty miles.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to see, like what actually was done.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm here for yeah. Okay, so oh, we do have a follow up doing our results.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I remember a couple of weeks ago we talked about, you know, which way do you put your braw on?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeses and socks.
Speaker 2: By the way, my mother calls me moms. First of all, stop listening to my podcast. Okay it does she listen to.
Speaker 1: The podcast or does she just see the clips we put on? My mother sees our clips, and then she'll she'll talk to me about the clips.
Speaker 2: Okay, my mother watched listens to the whole thing. Okay, all right, And so she called me and she was like, does that I failed you? And I was like, what happened?
Speaker 1: Mom?
Speaker 2: She was like, I obviously didn't properly teach you how to put a bra on or your tank tops, because it's ridiculous. I said, oh mg, so I'm making a public announcement. My stop listening to the pope, right, okay.
Speaker 1: Stop cut her stream off, cut her off. Okay, but you know what's funny. The way you put your bra on is actually the proper way.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's so despite the fact you're putting your bra on like a toddler. Yeah, okay, give me seven. In the polls, yeah, how do you put your bra on? Seventy three percent said the way that I do it. They clasped it in the front and they twist it around. But what these women, however, however, and I know that like actually a bra someone messaged. I think they responded to a story. I can't remember your name. I'm sorry. So they are a braw fitter, and the correct way is to put.
Speaker 2: It on the way you do.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you and classed in the back. Because when you she said, when you clasp it in the front and twist it around, then you like loosen up the wire. Yes, if you have like an underwire, then you you kind of damage the bra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so thank you. I do it correct.
Speaker 1: So although Gizelle does it correct, most people do it the way that I do it seventy three percent.
Speaker 2: Something is wrong with y'all seventy three percent. But okay, I think it's just easier. It just makes more sense. It's just like when I put it on this my bra on this morning, and I was thinking to myself, how do you not do it this way? How do you not?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? And I think, how do you not do it this way? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's ninety three percent people put their tank top on over their head and their arms through instead of pulling it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, true, but guess what people have DMed me. I don't have them up. I think I've deleted them saying that's genius, Giselle, that you step into it and pull it up, and they're going to start doing it right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you can only do it for tank tops. It's only certain like Camasol stretchy tank socks. You can't do that for like ill dressed to do it for this shirt that you have no right now I can you know, so it's kind of like, what's the point.
Speaker 2: The point is that you have on a tech top. You can pull it up. Yeah, yeah, dresses all.
Speaker 1: That okay, okay fine, And then as far as how they put their shoes and socks on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. One doesn't like me? Yes, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Yes, more people put their shoes socks on like you. Then they put their tank tops.
Speaker 2: On, like yeah, well the tank top is like a new thing, so y'all get into it. So sock shoe, sock shoe. Yeah, socks first and then shoes. Okay, all right, fair enough, fair enough, and they we should also do another pole, like are these people geniuses? Like they do it my way? I right?
Speaker 1: So okay, so I'm curious if there's any person that does all three the way you do it?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Right, we need to get married? Well no, because that'd be a woman. Okay, but I mean you know, because if he could put on a wife beater and like pull it up, yeah, that would that'd be weird from man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like you like stretch it out. Yeah no, I mean it's stretchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A man doesn't need to do that. No, because because he's not getting makeup on it, deodoran on it, Like well yeah, deodoran, but like the whole makeup thing. Yeah, but he's not wearing a tank top. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see a lot of men just walking around the tank top like a wife beater.
Speaker 2: Just okay, get your order on a white feter. So it's all right, who cares? Okay, all right, anyway, let us know. I'm very excited about that because I'm about to find my match. I'm about to beat my match. Okay. So I wanted to give a shout out to this woman because I feel like as the days pass and as the powers that we want to erase black people, yes, we need to give a shout out to all the black people that we can. Yes, Okay, Okay. So there's a woman and her name is Maryon Croak okay, who developed VoIP v O I P and it's the technology that powers zoom, Skype, Google, meets and more. That was a black woman. That's a bad one because think about how much we use those things for sure, especially and think about how much obviously we needed during the pandemic. Right, but those were those were she must have started with Skype because I feel like Skipe was the first one. Yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow African American Marian what croak c r o ak? Yes, okay, yes, so she's she's behind the groundbreaking development of VoIP v OI voyant.
Speaker 2: Voice over Internet protocol. Look at you, Dix the protocol, Yes, Robit Dixon out here. Yes, I'm smart, jack of all trades, knows everything, Yes, I do, and the technology and the power services like oh yes, Skype, Zoom and all that. And she has over one hundred and twenty three patents. Wow. Yeah, so she's she's a genius. Yeah. And she puts on her tank top stepping in. Yeah she does. We need to find out. That's all I have to say. Yeah, I wish I was that smart, Which I was that smart? I mean, but when you're that smart, you just have too much in your brain. But then you get it out and you produce amazing products. That's what we need. That's true. I wish I was kind of smart. We do need all of Yes, Yes, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have some random facts okay, real random fun facts.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is super random.
Speaker 1: Butterflies taste with their feet Okay, yeah, because they.
Speaker 2: Don't have That makes sense. Okay, that makes sense. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: The Mariana Trench is the deepest known location on Earth. You could fit the Burj Khalifa and Mount Everest in there. Seven thousand species of microbe have been discovered, and nearly ninety percent of them are new to science.
Speaker 2: So where is this? Yeah? I was gonna say, what are you talking about? You sounded right. That was the Charlie Brown moment, want what are you talking about? So you're not smart like Mary? I know? Where is the Mariana Trench?
Speaker 1: So wherever this is, it's extremely deep and you can fit Mount Everest in there. So imagine there's something on the Earth that is that deep and it goes the other way, you know, down?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh wow. So I'm like, where is this? The Martians know right, yeah, and it has.
Speaker 1: Seven thousand species that have been discovered, in ninety percent of them neud to science.
Speaker 2: I'm where is this place? I need to find out where this is? I don't know. Okay. Some turtles can breathe through their butts. I believe that. Yeah, yeah, I'm breathing butt turtle. H Yes, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell Grace that you know she loves turtles. Really, Okay, I'm gonna ask Grace, are you a turtle today? Are you breathing for your butt?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: Read through your butt? Okay, this is interesting or funny. Brilla prop pasta you know brand gorilla that makes pasta. Yes, they have a Spotify playlist and each playlist is the exact length of cook time for the varieties of pasta.
Speaker 2: No way, No, you know how genius?
Speaker 3: That is what? Right?
Speaker 1: So you press play, drop the noodles, the music stops, and you have your audentite noodle.
Speaker 2: No way, isn't that crazy? That's cute. I love That's like a real thing. Okay, needs to have that too? True? Yeah, very true, because you can you can mess up rice.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I try to get it in the bag. That way, you can't mess it up. Oh really, I don't like the way that tastes. It's like the instant same. No, it's in the bag and you just put it in the quarter.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, yeah I thoughtually meant like the instant rice.
Speaker 2: I don't know what instant rice is. What you mean? No, that's instant rice. He has a bag and you just throw it in theh Yeah. Yeah, it takes like a couple of minutes. No, no, it's it's it's maybe fifteen twenty oh okay, yeah, all right, okay, fine, okay, maybe not twenty Okay, I haven't cooked in a while.
Speaker 1: Guys, all right, this one was actually enlightening to me because I never understood this. The Earth actually takes about three hundred and sixty five days and six hours to complete a trip around the sun. Yeah, but for convenience, we ignore the six hours. Oh but that's no, we don't because it's a leapyer exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I don't know that. So it's been an over four years.
Speaker 1: The ignored extra six hours accumulate to a full day, which we then add as February twenty ninth, creating a leapyear.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never knew that.
Speaker 1: I never knew like the reason for the lypyar.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was random. No, I knew it was something like that once you started reading it out. Yeah, yeah, I thought that was cool. Okay, this is interesting. People born in December through February are more likely to be not to be diagnosed with schizophrenia. Sure, I mean December through February. Yes, why. I don't know. I have no idea, but I'm happy I just missed that. Yeah, i'd be like, that explains it, Robin, Yes, all.
Speaker 1: Right, and be careful out here this summer. Mosquitoes are responsible for the most deaths in history by an animal. Approximately one hundred billion people have been killed by the disease they spread.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's good to know. That reminds me I got to get the back of my house sprayed or the whole Yeah. Yeah, they came the other day.
Speaker 1: Okay, here, all right, let's another one. This is like the most randomst This is our last one. Hurry, I'm like trying to figure which one I want to read. Okay, bananas are berries, but strawberries aren't.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Botanically speaking, a berry is a fruit that develops from a single ovary and has seeds inside. Bananas fit this definition, but strawberries don't because their seeds are on the outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but where the seeds in a banana?
Speaker 1: If you cut one open, you'll see like the little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't believe that banana is a banana. Banana stands alone and strawberries. Have you seen those strawberries that cost like a million dollars and they're like huge, and they're have you had one? Then they're white? Oh they're white. Yeah, some of them are white. Feel like we talked about them. No, you haven't had one. I haven't had one. No, okay, but where do you get it? I think you get it? And then like Whole Foods or something?
Speaker 1: Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it in Whole Foods. I haven't been looking. I thought they were like at Asian markets. M Do I see this on the Today Show? I did?
Speaker 1: I sold on Today Show because they got up.
Speaker 2: They brought him in.
Speaker 1: It was like Jenna and whoever her her.
Speaker 2: Guest host was. Was it Dwayne Wade? I don't know.
Speaker 1: They brought him in and they tasted them and they were like, oh yeah these are really good.
Speaker 2: Oh they're really good. Yeah, okay, so I gotta try. Yeah, all right, get one. I can only afford one. By the way, I got a six pack of Mountain Valley Water. You did, like the sixteen in the glass? Metal?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Metal? Okay? Yeah? And yeah he thought about me. Of course. I can never look at Mountain Water and not think about Robin Dixon. You should have gotten the glass though, well it was in a six pack. Yeah, that they did.
Speaker 1: Glass tastes way better. Oh really, Oh there's a different.
Speaker 2: Well, next time I get a check, I can afford it, so I'll get it then. All right, guys, that is our episode. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or Shuggy, or by reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady