Speaker 1: This is he said Ayaziho with Eric Winter and Rosalind Fantas.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Peace. Ayatio, thank you for being with us as always. You know, we had that producer Roz when You're out of town. We had a producer episode where Eastern of our producers asked a bunch of questions and I got to answer some things for the rookie fans and people that just follow us. But now Christy's gonna give us some questions to throw around and we're gonna see what we do with them. Other producers.
Speaker 3: Well, my first question is because I'm a Latina as well, so I've been watching Rosalind for a long time. So I want to know Roz because there must be a pressure being a role model as a as a woman, especially a Latina woman in the community. That must Do you feel a pressure or an obligation to be a certain way or do you just welcome it?
Speaker 4: I think I welcome it, you know, I don't. I don't see it as as pressure.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been very lucky and blessed. I live my life.
Speaker 4: In a very specific, clean way, so I don't feel like I have to hide behind anything or act a certain way for people to see me as a role model, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think I just I'm comfortable with myself.
Speaker 4: And I and I and I do.
Speaker 5: And speak and walk alive thinking or doing what I think is right, you know.
Speaker 4: And I don't see it as a responsibility.
Speaker 5: I don't see it.
Speaker 4: As a as a chore, you know, or or any any kind of pressure. I actually welcome the opportunity to inspire and hopefully help, you know, and allow little girls and teenagers and women to look at me and say, you know what, she.
Speaker 5: Made it? Then I believe it's possible for as well. That's that's the main thing.
Speaker 4: That I love about having a platform. It's having the opportunity to make other women dream, you know, because the reality is nothing was It's been handed to me on a gold pattern. B means, you know, I'm a simple girl from Puerto Rico that grew up in a family that nobody was involved in this business. I was just simply a dreamer and somebody that was very good at accomplishing. And I want to be able to to educate girls that way. You know that you can become what you can't see. You know, you have to you have when you see something, that's when you believe that it's possible. And for little girls just doing things by faith. It takes a mature woman to understand that that having faith can move mountains. But for a little girl, they have to see it. So if I can be that thing that they see to take that extra step, I think is amazing.
Speaker 5: I welcome it. And especially for a.
Speaker 4: Latino community, you know, for this, for the women that see me and they go, oh my god, I want to be able to come what she did. I think it's awesome. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Do you think that your daughter like, your daughter sees that, and do you put like other strong female influences and show her different women or something like that as well, because she does tennis, so I'm sure she has some like very strong women tennis. And how important is that for you guys?
Speaker 4: I mean, we try and Eric, I mean with Sabella, it's really tricky, mean because I think Sabera is the type of girl like and it's very common.
Speaker 5: I was just saying, you know.
Speaker 4: It for a daughter to follow at this age when I'm talking about the eleven, twelve, thirteen, when they think that they know it all. It's so difficult for them to follow advice from mom. But if she watches a video of some random person saying something, that's the law. But if Mommy says, I told you, you.
Speaker 5: Don't know anything.
Speaker 4: So it's a very very slippery it's a very difficult path, you know, with your own daughter. All I can do, to be honest with you, Chrissy, is just leave by example, you know what I mean. It's like, I'm hoping that by seeing the way I operate and how hard I work and how I organize things in the house, and I like how specific I am about things, even though she doesn't say anything, even though she doesn't want me saying anything, I'm hoping that at some point she's absorbing, and they do.
Speaker 5: There's sponges, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping that at some point she when she leaves the house and she starts living her own life, that somehow I was able to live by example.
Speaker 2: And she's absorbing that. For sure, she's gotten much more into the fact that like what mom is doing and following and keeping an eye on and trying to emulate. For sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys think it's important to spend time because this actually was a question that came in on Instagram.
Speaker 5: But I thought it was a cool one.
Speaker 3: The difference between spending time together with your kids and the importance of spending times with them one on one. So like, you know, taking you know, Dylan or Sabella to like each individually with you because you go do something with just that one child as opposed to doing stuff with them together all the time.
Speaker 2: I know we both think it's super important, and we have tried to do that. It's not hasn't hasn't lined up to be as easy as we had hoped. You know, I used to take Sabella on a daddy daughter date and Roz would do it too, And I think now inadvertently it's happening in some ways because maybe Sebbe has tennis and one of us is with her all day and one of us is with Dylan all day and we swap and we're spending that quality time. But I do think it's important to try to really give sort of that one on one I don't call it event, but like moment where it's a dinner, a date of that, of that sort a sporting event, something that might interest that kid, where we're going just the two of us to enjoy something that you want to do to the to the kid. And I wish we would do it, probably more and well thought out, but we that's something for the new year we should focus on for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, just no more.
Speaker 5: Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did that. That's right, I did, Olvery Rodrigo.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 5: I mean there was a frime, but you did that. Yeah, I believe you know. I have a friend of mine, it's a good friend of mine from Miami. But it's easier. She only has one daughter.
Speaker 4: It's like just one kid. And when she.
Speaker 5: Turned Garriela turned ten, I believe she was ten.
Speaker 4: Now she's a woman. She's in her twenties, mid twenties. Probably they will take a mommy and me, my mommy and daughter trip every single year, once a year. I think it was every June. Every June, they've been flying together without the husband, just the two of them, and they go I'm talking about everywhere. They go to La, they go to New York, they go to Paris. I mean, they go everywhere and it's just the two of them. And I always thought, and I know this because sometimes they will come to LA and I see them for lunch, and then that week of every year is absolutely sacred and they're planning on their they plan on doing it forever. And I thought, and I still believe, it is so amazing, you know.
Speaker 5: And I have talked to Isabella about it.
Speaker 4: It'sabella, We're going to do We're going to take a mommy and daughter trip, you and me every single year, and we haven't done it.
Speaker 2: It's just that it's been so hard.
Speaker 4: But that shouldn't be an excuse. That's when you talk about priorities, you know what I mean, I.
Speaker 5: Should I know.
Speaker 2: The problem is with our schedules. It's like nothing can be planned. You could set it aside that week and all of a sudden, it's like you got to take a job and then you got to move it. It's it's always tough.
Speaker 5: But the main problem is that I'm going to plan something the last ten.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Next question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to know because we never talked about after we had her on the show, and I really enjoyed Doctor b. If you guys ever did the ten minute makeout challenge that she gave you.
Speaker 2: Dail fail, that should be a New Year's resolution too. Listen, I'm down, like I'm into it. I probably get rise into a good three four minute makeout session, maybe five, but ten minutes. I don't know if I can get it to go that long. It's can you go that long to make out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: New Year's resolution that we should per the doctor.
Speaker 3: The doctor requests that the prescription is there. Have you ever done anything that you just like don't want your kids to know about? Because I was watching like I was watching another they come and they were like freaking out. It was Rebud. I was watching Rebud and they were freaking out about whether or not the kids would ever find out like they smoked a joint or something. So I thought that that was kind of a funny question for you.
Speaker 2: Half my life. I don't want my kids to find out I was just not great as a as a young Eric.
Speaker 5: Always does that.
Speaker 4: I trips me out because I don't see it. I don't see anyone believe it.
Speaker 2: I was not great. My mom would turn if I want to talk about in the POKT, my mom would turn.
Speaker 5: Your mom your mom days you were saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no I I uh, and she'll hear this and go, no, it's not true. Yeah. Look, I was very smart in not getting myself into major trouble. But there are plenty of things that God forbid, I don't want my kids to, you know, get involved with.
Speaker 5: Give you an example.
Speaker 2: No, just like sex too early, trying different things, drinking wise too early, trying this stuff you shouldn't be doing. Like just no, I don't want them to do any of that. So I don't want them to find out bros was a saint.
Speaker 5: No, I was a good kid. I don't think I ever did anything. I mean I did a couple of times, which is horrific.
Speaker 4: I'll die like I will just have sleepovers with my friends and I will go to my friend's house and we will sneak out, but it will sneak out. But it wasn't like we're gonna sneak out and go to the club. It was that we're gonna we're gonna sneak out and go to the little like and I walk up, walk up a block and with that even think it was.
Speaker 2: Like I would sneak out and roll my car down the street to go pick up a girlfriend late at night, like dumb things. But no way are my kids doing that.
Speaker 5: Nope, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm amazed about the amount of sleepovers. I mean my entire life. I had sleepovers on a weekly basis at my friend's house. They'll come to my house or I will go to many Caroline Magali, like all of my good friends, Isabel, I will have sleepovers. And they had brothers and sisters and older and it was never a problem. And thank god I never had an issue. But it was never a problem with my dad's I will I will never allow Isabella to do something like that. That's crazy to me. I'm going, how is it possible that my mom, being so strict, she would just allow me to just have sleepovers on a weekly basis.
Speaker 2: But that was what it was like back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did crazy.
Speaker 3: My other question was we asked Eric this. He gave up like a really quick answer. But would you ever date as Ross? Ever date Tim Bradford.
Speaker 5: I don't know enough about Tim Bradford to be honest with you. I did a coup that is like super up tied ride.
Speaker 4: But he's a softy inside and I hopeless romantic but bad as for a badass.
Speaker 2: I actually think would maybe I actually think she would.
Speaker 5: As possible, it's possible.
Speaker 3: Eric said that he didn't think you would at the beginning of the show, and he think that he thinks that you would within his character develop.
Speaker 2: Now in the pilot, like the very beginning of the show, Rood be like, this guy's an ass. No way. As he got tools out the right word, he was an ass. But as it got on and the characters evolved, he could still be an ass but also still be a very caring individual. I think for sure that version she would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe which one of like Roz's characters, would you date?
Speaker 2: Probably from rush Hour looking, banging, smoking hot. Also, the ballet teacher was fun. Ballet teacher was fun.
Speaker 4: Game plan Yes, he's cute, just cute. You do Rourke Fantasy Elands, it was a badass.
Speaker 2: I think Rok might have been a little too stuffy for my taste. Stuffy there laying from uh without Trace. Yeah, there's a few characters I probably would hook.
Speaker 4: Up with every single one of them.
Speaker 3: Eric, that's a good one too, because you play a lot of badasses underclassmen.
Speaker 2: Didn't what't you like the teacher? That's exactly that's like, I love that.
Speaker 5: Look the teacher.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Okay, I've done Lawyer, I've done Idea, I've done teacher, a teacher.
Speaker 5: I've done FBI, I've done doctor of done them all.
Speaker 3: Were you always looking for strong characters like that? Or do you turn them into strong characters?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: They they they I always get them to be honest with you. I don't think everything that I've done, I don't think I've ever done a girl that is wounded damaged, you know what I mean, like like with a lot of baggage, the sensitive soul. I don't think I I have like good girls. You know that they can be emotional, But for the most part, what I get is, Yeah, they have a really really strong backglown.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Eric. Do you ever want to jump behind the camera like Roz to direct?
Speaker 2: No, I like the producing side behind the camera. I don't know the thing about directing. I have a lot of respect for what directing is and what directors do. It's just it's a lot of time. It's a lot of hours. You don't come home, you don't get to see your family during that period of time. It's brutal. It's a grind. Not that it's easier as a producer. You still have a lot of work, but I feel like you could shake free and you can hand off and you could still you could break out of it and have a little bit more make family time balance a little easier. But when when you're directing full time on stuff, it's it's a tough grind. You got to have those breaks. So for me, I think that's the only reason why I wouldn't fully pursue it. I'm not sure I have the full eye for it. But Roslin, definitely, I think it's great.
Speaker 4: I actually love it with a passion. I have no idea that I was gonna love it this much, but I love it, love it, love it, and I can't wait to do it again. But it is it is very time consuming. I'm talking about directing time consuming. Is is a whole year of your life. It's it's a lot, but it's it's pretty incredible. So my answer is, SI, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, hander with what's the biggest lesson you guys have learned from each other And what's the biggest lesson you've learned from your kids?
Speaker 2: Patience again with the kids, but I'm always trying to learn this lesson. Patience can go a long way. I think even with us as a as a couple, I would say patience and I always say, this is laughter. I think it heals most.
Speaker 4: Things I think With me and Eric, I think besides laughter, I think I have we discovered that with humor we can pretty much make this relationship lesson work. But I have also developed a lot of patients with Derek two no use, I think you said patients about the kids.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, sorry, yeah, I left for patients. What else have I learned from Eric?
Speaker 5: A compromise.
Speaker 2: The compromise is good.
Speaker 4: I have learned how to compromise, and I have learned how to I guess that.
Speaker 5: Comes with compromise.
Speaker 2: Family.
Speaker 5: First, I used to be very impulsive.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm the type of person that I just go I'm over it, and I'm over it right, and I just walk away. And with this relationship, I've been able to be like, uh, okay, before you've become impulsive impulsive, let's just put things on a balance and just just do your pros and cons right and then just just be just make the right decisions, don't just don't lead with.
Speaker 5: The rush behavior or impulsive behavior. Just be very smart.
Speaker 4: And I think that comes with maturity, and it's something that he taught me because he's a pretty amazing man and pretty level headed, so it was able to facil He facilitated that for me and with the kids same I think, yeah, for sure patients as well, because it's the hardest. If marriage is hard work, parenting is that, but magnified because you don't know. You don't know if what you're doing is correct or not correct. You don't know how you're going to affect them. It's really and they come with their own DNA personalities, temperaments, and there's absolutely not much you can do. You get what you get, and it's brutal. Sometimes it's bru it's glorious, but it could be brutal, you know. And also laughter, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard I have. Both kids are pretty funny, but with Dylan, even though he doesn't mean to be funny, I find myself and join him again.
Speaker 5: Both but with Dylan, he's unexpected.
Speaker 4: Like Sabella, we alwaysknew she was cuckoo and crazy and more care free, and she's just funny, you know, and she's very, very sarcastic and smart. With Dylan, because you're so unexpected, it's just adorably funny.
Speaker 2: Well that was a fun one of our final episodes of the year. That was great, Christy, thank you for doing that and we hope to come back in the new year with some awesome guests for everybody, and thanks again for listening.
Speaker 5: Love you, love you bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 1: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check us out at he said. Aja is an email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com. He said, Ajabo is part of iHeartRadio's Mike would do That podcast network.
Speaker 2: See you next time, ye