Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a Tuesday, and good morning. Are you're all bundled up there? Tanya?
Speaker 3: Was it cold on your way?
Speaker 4: May you bring that up?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like a park up by the way.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wish honestly it's it's a vest. There's no sleeves, and I wish it had long sleeves.
Speaker 3: It's a puffer.
Speaker 5: Well, Tanya and I were just talking about how excruciatingly cold it is.
Speaker 4: In this Yes, I got to keep the hits fresh.
Speaker 5: I finally emailed the building.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm like, so fix it by what September?
Speaker 5: You responded already, and he said, Hi, Sysney, I'll reach out to the building and have them turn up the temperature on.
Speaker 2: We can't control it, right, we can't get into so you got to send the note to corporate.
Speaker 3: Send that too.
Speaker 5: Who is that too, Andre? Our building manager?
Speaker 3: And so we get back to you soon.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's the facilities manager for iHeartMedia.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in a sweater, you've got your puffer, and Sisney's had a meeting or something.
Speaker 3: She's got a very nice a blazer.
Speaker 5: It seems like I have this fancy day.
Speaker 2: But I think you have meetings. The high today is ninety seven, which you know this is. These are not the clothes for ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I get dressed in the morning, it's like all I want to do is put on like a nice big coat or a jacket or something, because there's no way I can just take my You know, this is a cute dress. I could wear it with no jacket, but there's no way.
Speaker 3: I'm freezing here.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be very hot today, sunshine and a lot of heat.
Speaker 3: How is Monday night?
Speaker 5: The start for today could have gone very differently for me, happened for you? For whatever reason, I did not charge my cell phone last night on the like I have it on a little stand that like the magnetic park just connects or whatever.
Speaker 3: That worked through your case. Mine doesn't charge through the case.
Speaker 5: Mine works through the case, no problem. I've had it for years, no issues. And I woke up this morning to my alarm and when I looked over, you saw like the red for the battery and it was at one percent.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine if it didn't if it just died and then my alarm didn't go off?
Speaker 2: Yes, one person that happens. So we've got four packs of the Ntsberry Farm. Also two day passes to the Palm Tree Music Festival in Dana Point, which sounds like it's it's the greatest spot right to see live music. Yes, so that is coming up at six fifty five. We're going to tell you how to make sure you get an honest answer from your friend or partner. So I guess if you know, if you're close to somebody, either they don't want to sometimes give you the natural, honest feedback because they want to keep the peace. But if you really like when you say, hey, should I wear this shoe or that shoe? Right, does Michael give you the honest opinion?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: And you know who does. Now, my daughter Asa, who's six years old, I just don't.
Speaker 3: Want my height. I saw a picture on Instagram. She's now my height.
Speaker 4: She's very tall.
Speaker 3: Right, How tall is she?
Speaker 5: I think she's like or I think I added the four feet. Maybe she's your height and almost, but yeah, she.
Speaker 3: Is she going to be five ten or five?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean Michael's six foot.
Speaker 5: So all three of the kids have always been like one hundred percent of for hypes.
Speaker 3: So she's honest with you when you ask.
Speaker 4: She's very honest.
Speaker 5: And she's made me switch my outfit, switch my shoes because she makes me self conscious about She's like, no, I don't do that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Said, Tony.
Speaker 2: When you ask Robbie, should I wear you know this this, this outfit, this dress or that dress?
Speaker 3: Is he is he honest about it? Does he tell you I.
Speaker 7: Don't know what you like?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't really ask it in an honest way. I'll be like, do you like this one or this one? And he's like, oh that one of course, right.
Speaker 2: So we'll tell you about how to get the honest answer. Also a second date update. If you are dating Mikayla, you might want to hear this. He says he went for an incredible first date and then all of a sudden, so it goes so well and then she blocks him like cold, harsh block right.
Speaker 4: Block is aggressive?
Speaker 2: So when you block, I've never blocked someone. When you block someone, what do you like? When they text you? What do you see?
Speaker 4: Green?
Speaker 5: I believe if you have an iPhone?
Speaker 3: So so do you know that you're blocked?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think your text will go through me. They might not say delivered. You know says you said delivered. Underneath it might say not delivered or nothing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, how do you know that you're blocked?
Speaker 3: Should try just like that.
Speaker 4: You don't try with me?
Speaker 2: So I guess they met at the delta terminal at Lax.
Speaker 4: That's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, airports can be cute, but she blocked them. So that's coming up after seven o'clock this morning. So how's your day? Your week gonna go? Let's frame it up with the horoscopess Tanya.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna kick it off with aries. Lighten up and surrender to an organic pace. Taurus. Don't put all your eggs into one basket, Gemini. Spend some time going within and reflecting.
Speaker 5: Cancers, spend some one on one time with a coworker today.
Speaker 4: Are you trying to hang out with me? Yes, Leo, you're happy to hang at home today.
Speaker 5: Virgo, be open to meeting new people today.
Speaker 4: Libra, bring your awareness back to the present moment.
Speaker 5: Scorpio, you need to draw inspiration from nature.
Speaker 4: Sagittarius, your words could hit a nerve today.
Speaker 5: Capricorn, you are going to be the peacemaker between two parties.
Speaker 3: I don't want that that sounds like a lot of work.
Speaker 4: Sounds like every day you're for you, Quarius. Make sure you explain yourself thoughtfully today.
Speaker 5: Em Pisces don't force matters, let them unfold on their own.
Speaker 2: So if that's something you should think about today, frame up the morning with that. And by the way, so Mark, Mark sounds a little under the weather.
Speaker 3: He's here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't notice until you brought it.
Speaker 7: I'm fine, I feel good. I got a little No, I just got a little cough little.
Speaker 3: How do we know you can tell you feel good? How do we know it's not contagious?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know how you ever know that, But I probably got it from my kids, So it's contagious at least to this point.
Speaker 2: When was wait, who was who was here telling us it wasn't contagious?
Speaker 3: And then everybody got it?
Speaker 5: No, not everybody got it got it?
Speaker 3: No, I think you from your kids. It was my kids.
Speaker 2: But it's not contagious. It's same story.
Speaker 4: But you guys didn't get sick after me?
Speaker 3: Are you so terrible?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, it ended Disney Kimvin here saying that I don't get sick.
Speaker 5: I'm a tank like they can cough all over me, and I'm just how.
Speaker 2: You guys say I got it for my kids, but you got you won't get it as adults.
Speaker 3: You can't catch it. You won't get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I'm not well right now.
Speaker 3: Well thank you for acknowledging. Man, How can we help you?
Speaker 4: No, I'm now I'm nervous. I'm like nervous. I was right next to Mark earlier.
Speaker 3: We'll move over, move over, he said. He feels fine. Good morning.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, so we'll do our best to push you through an early Tuesday morning. I think it's time for a house meeting, a family meeting. This is a situation. Do you find that sometimes in your own head you create a narrative, right, Like, you think something's happening, so you write the whole story in your head.
Speaker 3: I know you did that. I do too.
Speaker 4: I do this all the time.
Speaker 3: And then you realize it's all your head makes it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was silly. Why did you waste so much stress on that?
Speaker 2: For example, if you're just starting to date somebody, right, and you text them, they don't text you back, you think, oh, they're blowing me off.
Speaker 3: Turns out their phone was dead, right.
Speaker 5: Or they had family in town and they.
Speaker 3: Were busy, they or they lost it. So sistany what so your family?
Speaker 2: You thought your parents were blowing you off, avoiding you, and you created this whole story.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I even thought like my sister and my brother were avoiding me, so that I'm like, is everyone's a whole family avoiding me?
Speaker 4: Did I do something wrong?
Speaker 5: What happened is simple things of me calling and then them not picking up and then not calling me back, and so it kind.
Speaker 4: Of started there.
Speaker 3: How dare they not answer?
Speaker 5: And that's the thing, because I'm very much guilty of when anybody calls me, I usually don't off.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't blow them off.
Speaker 5: I don't pick up for whatever reason, and then it takes me a few days to call back. Sometimes I'm not like, I'll call you right back right away type of person. So in my head I was thinking, did I do something wrong? I'm like, the last time we were all together, I thought everything was fine. Like I, you just start creating them. There's obviously nothing happened, right, And they were all just at my house this weekend for Survey's third birthday party like nothing. It was just all in my head, but it was like the multiple It was like calling my mom and hearing like this call has been sent to voicemail, And I'm like, did you.
Speaker 1: Knowing?
Speaker 5: My mom? She might have and not even realized it, you know, and so she was probably like playing a game on her phone. She was like, oh, I can't write I decline, but I don't know. It's like this happened multiple times with her and my dad. My dad had picked herself. My dad picks up like in.
Speaker 3: The first ring, in a good mood, every.
Speaker 4: Time, studying my beautiful girl. How are you like?
Speaker 5: That's how he answer the phone every single time I call my daddy, answers that he would.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was just like in my.
Speaker 2: Head, here's the thing though, Like, first, so if that happens to me, if I call my mom and she doesn't pick up, then I call it my father, sister.
Speaker 4: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: I call my mom again, like I keep calling until they pick up, and usually it's, of course nothing. But it is a bit interesting that you create and we all do this in life, create this like they're right, they're so upset with me because of this. Specially, it's like the second date up day premise you you go out with somebody, they block you. Now in your head you create this incredible story which could be true or not. So anyway, you finally reach them and they're not upset. They were all wrong. But what do you think about the fact that you blow them off and it's okay? I don't know when they do it. I'm saying it's narcissistic. But it's a bit Oh, it's a bit selfish.
Speaker 4: No, it is not. If it's pressing, people will text you. If if I call someone I need them, I'll text that.
Speaker 2: So what do you say when you want someone like? You don't say urgent or you say timely?
Speaker 4: Like no, I don't send time, I don't need No, never use the word timely. Hey can I can I talk to you real quick?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 4: You got a second?
Speaker 2: I would avoid that if if Tanya text us, he goes, hey, you've you have done this to me? Hey do you have a minute to talk? Not not in But no you don't. You say it's it's not emergency, non emergency, you have a minute.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh god, no, I don't.
Speaker 8: Have a minute.
Speaker 5: Because if we call you you won't pick up, of course, so we have to text you and be like, hey, do have.
Speaker 4: A second to talk?
Speaker 3: Have you ever received a text from her?
Speaker 2: It's like, it's not an emergency, but can we talk all the time?
Speaker 3: It makes every.
Speaker 5: Organ I don't even get those. She just facetimed. She cold calls me face time.
Speaker 3: You have to give a heads up on a FaceTime Actually do you do? Are you available for a face And she'll.
Speaker 5: Be in like all situations, her bathroom, like it doesn't matter. He just thinks of something that she wants to say FaceTime time.
Speaker 2: Are you coming up? We got the morning hack here. So do you ask your partner for their opinion on, you know, simple things and do you think they're honest with you? Here's how to get the honest answered, the honesty back. I'm pretty good at the fashion questions. You know, so flats or heels?
Speaker 3: Well? Flats? Why?
Speaker 2: Because I'm sure that always flat? So I think that in a relationship you do lean on your partner for honesty. And sometimes when you ask a question, they either want to give you the answer you want or it's like you're going out for dinner and they just want to hurry up. Right, So, if I'm ready, and if Tanya is not, and I'm waiting in the living room and she asked me a question. I'll give a quick answer just so we can get out of there right, just so we can go.
Speaker 4: Right, you're wearing that's good, let's go.
Speaker 3: Do you like this versus what? Versus A change?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: I like this, don't change this perfect. We're seven minutes late.
Speaker 2: So if you got a big question for your friend or your partner, here's what they say too. It's a new study from the University of Michigan. They say do this, They say text them the question. When people won't have to see your physical reaction, they feel a little more comfortable being honest. So, because body language tells a lot, So if you have a real important even if you're in the same apartment or house, just text the question and they'll give you a straight answer. I'm gonna try this min mind's usually like yeah, absolutely, that's perfect. Fine, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's great.
Speaker 2: Let's go relate today's Tuesday. So it's a bit of an unexpected quote. No, a tony, you won't like it, but it is fun. It's just today we do a cynical quote. So one day you're going to find the love that you deserve. Notice I said deserve, not want, but deserve.
Speaker 1: This FM headlines well.
Speaker 5: University of California leadership has directed its chancellors to enforce policies banning encampments, masking to conceal identity, and restricting free movement in an effort to balance free speech rights and maintain critical school operations.
Speaker 4: A rare super blue.
Speaker 5: Moon appeared in southern California over now and will be visible for the next several nights. Disneyland will make changes to its classic Peter Pan's Flight attraction following the removal of insensitive racial stereotypes from the version of at Walt Disney World in Florida. And Taylor Swift met with two girls who were injured in a stabbing at a Taylor Swift themed event last month during her recent Eras Tour show at Wembley Stadium in London.
Speaker 1: On Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Coming this hour, the second dates update and I guess right now, Sysney is a story about it.
Speaker 3: Listen as a football.
Speaker 2: Team that did not have enough players, and then it sparked it is something I'm hearing about.
Speaker 3: People are talking about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this a problem not only in this school, at this school but in other schools across the country, go yeah and picture.
Speaker 5: The schools that have won state championships like this high school, Crenshaw High on eleventh Avenue program right off Crenshaw Beloord. Yes, they have won so many state championships and actually use a lot of NFL players, including Chargers linebacker Diane Henley. So the thing is that they are at this point don't have enough football players to This season, the enrolmant dropped below five hundred students and twelve to fifteen joined the football team.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: It's something I think comes down to whether it's interest, whether it's passion with these kids, like they just don't have it in them anymore. Or another interesting way to look at it maybe is that more parents are not putting their younger boys in football at a young age because there's the impact.
Speaker 3: The impact on the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean when I so I was, when I was growing up, to be on the team was a big deal. Everybody tried out and some people got caught like you didn't make the team.
Speaker 5: And that's usually the case in most high schools.
Speaker 2: And no one talked about, you know, your head being banged around in those games, but if you did make the team, it was a huge deal. So so when you see this happening at this school, right, do you think parents are saying, well, you know, we've seen different studies and reports. It's just not safe and will this happen in other places?
Speaker 5: As a parent, that's where my head's at, Like, I don't know that I would want to enroll Max and tackle football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anytimes there of oculus glasses and play football in the safety on the living room. There's soccer, there's baseball.
Speaker 3: There's also a lot of disciplinees taught with sports exactly.
Speaker 5: Like it's not that I don't want to play sports in general, but I wouldn't say football is on the top of my list.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: I love to watch it. I love to go to Charger games.
Speaker 4: And all that. But having my own son, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Right at that age. I mean I started when I was twelve in pop warners.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's full contact, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't think anything of it until now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you get hit and you know you're watching as a parent, your kid gets knocked down and they're laying on the field, it's scary.
Speaker 5: In any sport, I could handle it. Yeah, that's true. So what are they trying to do to get more players there? I mean trying to recruit within the school. But then, I mean, the first game is scheduled for Friday against Fairfax, and they may not have enough on their roster to even play that game.
Speaker 2: And that means if they have twelve to fifteen, every kid has to play offense, defense, special teams.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I didn't even do the math. Is that is that? What it is?
Speaker 3: How many is it? Eleven players for football? Isn't it right?
Speaker 5: So eleven on the field at all times? Yeah, I played, I should know.
Speaker 2: But if you have that many people, they got to play every minute of the game. Wow, it's hard. Yeah, possible, So maybe I should check. You think I could audition, No audition.
Speaker 4: But I don't audition for the students.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, So we'll see if that happens in other places around the country. In these schools like Crenshaw and the South where I grew up, it's it's football land. I mean, you know, everything you do if you are a player, all season, all off season is about football. You have to train all that, you have to play track and field. Tell me that's very intense. It's time for a second date update this morning. So let me just break it down. I gotta get Eric on he's in Palms, he's on the line right now. But so he sends us this email and he says, Okay, I met her while we were stuck at the delta terminal at lax and remember the computer issues all over the news, but you gus had a real crisis, right So that's when this happened. And a few hours after, he says, watching her, he went up to her and started to talk to her.
Speaker 3: So he was checking her out. He said, I got her number, asked her out.
Speaker 2: We were both back in LA We had an incredible first date, and then after the date, she blocked me. I mean, that's it's not good. If it were me, I would not want to know why. But Eric is here to find out. So Eric, good morning, and thank you for reaching out and trusting us to get to the bottom of this. I'm curious about when you're at the airport right and you see her, what struck you about her? And how long did you quote watch her before you went up to her?
Speaker 9: What struck me?
Speaker 6: She has just the most gorgeous space, beautiful hair, and it was a few hours. I didn't think I was gonna be there long enough to talk to her. And then I as we sat there forever, I went and talked to her.
Speaker 3: And what did you say?
Speaker 2: What's the first thing you said when you approached her?
Speaker 6: I just said, I, you look gorgeous, and I love to chat with you.
Speaker 9: I was just pretty straightforward.
Speaker 2: See, how would that go over, Tanya? If you say, hi, you look gorgeous. I feel like that's I don't know, it's it's a little straightforward.
Speaker 5: I love but also like at that point, in delayed for six hours, your survival moment, Yeah, exactly, I would want to hear anything nice at that moment.
Speaker 3: So what did she say after you said that?
Speaker 9: She's, oh, thank you? And I go, so, how long you've been here?
Speaker 6: And I started to try to make some conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and was it smooth and comfortable.
Speaker 6: I felt a little nervous, but I think it went well because then we exchanged numbers, you know, I asked THEE here again when we got back, you know, outside la Okay.
Speaker 2: Then you went out. You said it was an amazing first date. Just give us the short story of the day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, short story was super hot. So we went to Venice Beach to be near the water, and we got something to eat at Big Tree and just kind of walked up and down the boardwalk.
Speaker 9: I had a super good time. We're laughing a lot.
Speaker 6: I haven't been to Venice Beach in a while, so, you know, we we were just hanging out and so what happened? Then afterwards she had plans that night, so I took her home.
Speaker 9: Next day, I texted her and no response. So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'm blocked or I mean, she just ignoring me because it's still blue.
Speaker 2: So wait, so you don't you thought you were blocked. You don't know if you're blocked.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know if I'm blocked because it's blue. Could I don't know if it's been red or I could be. She hadn't responded at all, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: How did you I guess we're curious in the last few minutes of the date, how did you leave it?
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 6: So I just said I'll text you, and she said she's like, she smiled at me and she's like.
Speaker 9: You better right, little knowing.
Speaker 3: Little that's fatious.
Speaker 9: Oh one hundred percent, and but I didn't. We didn't kiss because it was like a little hot, and I just didn't feel like that vibe was there yet.
Speaker 3: You can't kiss in the heat. Is it climate dependent?
Speaker 4: I kind of get it. You like sweaty.
Speaker 2: I would want to kiss in the heat, Like right, you're already warm.
Speaker 9: But it's exactly you're You're exactly right.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've been playing it like a hundred times in my head.
Speaker 9: I just don't watch it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna let let's hold on one second. We'll get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: Christa is her name, right, Yes, Okay, it's gotta be one hundred and four degrees in some places, So I guess you can't kiss if it's going to be that hot, if you're fine with it. Have you ever heard of that it's too hot to kiss?
Speaker 4: I kind of get it, though, And I don't know.
Speaker 5: I I hate when I'm like sweaty and then I go to hugs some buddy and if they touch my back and I'm sweaty, I feel so bad.
Speaker 4: And if it's something that, if it's freezing sweaty, pimply.
Speaker 5: Like you'll do it all.
Speaker 1: On air with a Ryan Seacrest on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: So we're in the middle of a second Dates update. If you want to hear this, Eric is on the line. He met Christa at Lax during the Delta computer meltdown crisis.
Speaker 3: That was all over the news.
Speaker 2: He watched her for a while, then he went out and said, you're gorgeous, I love your hair or something like that.
Speaker 4: For a while.
Speaker 2: That's a bit weird, but fine. He was taken by her, so he goes up and he meets her in the exchange numbers. They go out on a date and he said it was a great date, and then afterwards she won't respond, so he thinks she's blocked him or clearly blowing him off. So what happened? Why is she blowing him off? That's what we're gonna find out. She's on the phone. So Eric, we're gonna jump into this fast, be very very quiet. We're gonna talk to Chris announce. We can find out. Okay, okay, Christa, good morning, Thank you so much for coming on the air. It's Ryan Systney and Tanya.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hi, So we're calling about did you take a trip recently somewhere?
Speaker 3: Did you go to the airport a few weeks ago. Yes, where'd you go?
Speaker 8: London?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 8: And it yeah, I got stuck in well, yeah, I got stuck in the airport.
Speaker 2: And you met a guy named Eric I believe it in the airport.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, And we went into the airport and like we were actually I was going to London, but it was like forever, but we were stuck there and it felt like we were never gonna leave. And then yeah, we just started like talking and he was cool.
Speaker 3: And so you got did you guys go out on a date?
Speaker 2: We ended up?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we we were not like a daity and uh we went out to Venice Beach. It was a nice time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was cool.
Speaker 2: How did it end that date? Cool guy? Venice Beach? All sounds good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, vibes are high.
Speaker 8: So he actually drops me off at my apartment and uh he said he would text me, and I'm like, okay, cool and uh yeah. Then the then the funny part happened for me. His license plate like this makes my friends laugh and it gets everybody laughing all the time. But his license plate when he drove off, it said big pickle on it, big pick I just died Yeah, how can you.
Speaker 3: Sit big pickle on a license plate?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not like the full I need every letter? What was it?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 4: Why you want one to well?
Speaker 3: I just want how do you say.
Speaker 5: You could do like B I G P K L E. It was?
Speaker 8: It was definitely big pickle like it.
Speaker 3: Was maybe and your go ahead either way.
Speaker 5: You didn't like it, I mean it's.
Speaker 8: No, I don't like it, this big pickle.
Speaker 5: It really does make you laugh.
Speaker 2: Christa, I'm got at the at the risk of a lot of things happening the wrong way here, I'm going to tell you that Eric is on the phone listening to this. I must bring in the pickle now, Eric, are you is this is this true? Do you have a license plate in manity it says big pickleball?
Speaker 9: No I do.
Speaker 6: But it's not what you think it is. It literally is just the silly bick name.
Speaker 2: Wait, what did you What did you think people would think when you put big pickle on your license plate?
Speaker 9: I know it's a long story. I've had it for a long time, like I've had the car for a while.
Speaker 6: And look, I played baseball in high school and that's what people started calling me.
Speaker 9: So it doesn't mean what you might think it might.
Speaker 3: Why why did they call the.
Speaker 9: Big pickle?
Speaker 6: Because I was just like, awesome, my hit home runs.
Speaker 10: It was just a funny little thing.
Speaker 9: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I ate I love so you couldn't get humble on the back. You couldn't get big humble.
Speaker 9: It just well, so it was a big pickle.
Speaker 2: But so okay, I think this is the best second date update I think we've ever done. Do you understand why that might be off putting to someone to read that it's a I.
Speaker 9: Could see that. I didn't.
Speaker 6: I've never had anybody literally ghost me because of the license plate.
Speaker 9: They usually asked me about it.
Speaker 3: So what wait wait they ask you about your baseball playing, Well.
Speaker 6: They asked me about the license plate, and I will tell them the story because then they usually think it's funny.
Speaker 2: Well, Christip, you're on, you're hearing Eric, nice guy, you liked him. Then you see this pickle license plate? Is it something that you can get past or is it.
Speaker 3: Just the ick?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I truly don't really care what it means. And I can't date somebody that has a license plate that says big pickle, And I can have to say if you want to seriously date someone. I suggest that you change it immediately.
Speaker 5: To what there's normal, random letters and numbers, big bill just like f L y, tp q R, whatever, nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Eric, I think this is actually great because you need someone like Christa to tell you that that is a little embarrassing to have big pickle on your license plate.
Speaker 5: But also, Eric, you are going to find the right girl that might find it funny and hysterical and who cares?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean if I took it off, we should be willing to go on a date with.
Speaker 3: Me again, Krista. If he with no tags illegal wow with him?
Speaker 1: Uber?
Speaker 8: No, absolutely not, it's.
Speaker 3: The ick all right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think mission accomplished here. Eric, you know what to do. And uh, christiph thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I mean he do whatever you want. Like I'm just saying it's not really good to attract a lot of women. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I can't comment, but I thank you so much you two, and good luck. Second date update there, I mean you put that on your license sad you're asking for either trouble or you better pay it.
Speaker 5: All right, or a conversation starter.
Speaker 3: Right, But what if it's it's too many questions anyway.
Speaker 4: I can't don't even go there.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: If it is too you should could have just put vlastic car.
Speaker 3: On the back Random.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan.
Speaker 2: By the way, I was just reading that Chris Martin from Coldplay is actually I think in Vienna later this week. That's where Taylor was when they had that you know that the answer the concert. Yeah, and so Chris Martin of Coldplay gonna be on later this week. Very exciting. I do love that group band. We're gonna call him. I do love them. It's it's generational. Like my mother loves Coldplay. I love Coldplay. They just they hit that sweet spot.
Speaker 5: On their shows are incredible. You just get transported.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk to Chris later this week. Let me grab hold everything for a second. Put a pickle in it, a pin in it. Let's get Grace. Let's not go back to vanity license plates just yet. Let's get Grace and Fontana on the phone. Grace, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: So explain this to me.
Speaker 2: So your son's wife, this is some wedding drama. I believe your son's wife is a bridesmaid, but your son is not a groomsman.
Speaker 10: Correct, So let me back up the story.
Speaker 11: I none of my friends have ever like done this fancy weddings like Tanya is about to do, and like Susany hows done. So I've never been invited to be a bridesmaid or anything. All my friends want to alpe or do something like that, And of course I haven't gotten married like that, so I don't know like the procedure or how things work. So my son came to me. He was very upset with his wife. One of her good friends is getting married. They know my son but not they're not super closed, but she's really good friends with the wife. So the wife sent her a little thing, a little bouquet. Would you be my brides who's sore? Spiders to go, oh my god, this is so cool. So she's gonna walk down the aisle with somebody else, and he was not invited to be part of the grooms men. So it opened up a whole can of worms and started saying like, oh, you know, why is she going to walk with somebody else on the aisle And I'm I'm the husband and they know she's married, so I don't know if that's right wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, defer to the experts, marriage counselor here uh siy, what would you do and what's right and wrong?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, it comes down to the wife and the groom and what they want for their wedding and if he has more friends, more groomsmen, and it just was too many to have your son in it.
Speaker 4: That's just what it is.
Speaker 5: Like I know, for my wedding, I had my brother and my sister and like my sister had her husband.
Speaker 4: Like I think they were all in it.
Speaker 3: But how many what do you call them bridal party people?
Speaker 5: I think I had about seven on each side. So I had seven bridesmaids and Michael had.
Speaker 3: And doesn't have to be No, it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to be even.
Speaker 5: But my point is, like my sister was the matron of honor, but Adam, her husband was not the best man. So when they walked down the aisle, Janette walked with the best man, right, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So and it wasn't her husband, and everyone knows, like, okay, it's not like it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: So Grace, here's I don't know anything about weddings. But I do have perspective because we've talked to a lot of married people about their you know, issues getting married, in the stress and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's their wedding.
Speaker 2: It's not about anybody else, right, So whatever they the couple want to do, it's okay, right. I mean, it's it's four of them about them, and all this other stuff is not for us or you or we to create any issue about or overthink.
Speaker 3: Don't you agree?
Speaker 11: Okay, So what you're saying is even though they know they're married and they're together, they don't have to be in the wedding to get correct.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If it were my wedding, yes, okay, if you find it so quiet, if you have an opinion, well she's fine, because when I said my wedding, they got scared.
Speaker 4: We got excited, our ears for excited. No, But I think I think I feel the same way. It really is about the bride and the groom and what they want. And maybe maybe he might not be a groomsman, but they might still have him walk down the aisle with her, you know what I mean. Like we have some family members that aren't necessarily in our bridal party, but that will still walk down the aisle because they're part of our family, you know.
Speaker 2: And just to put you on the spot, are Siany or I in the bridal party?
Speaker 4: You're you're hosting?
Speaker 3: Am I standing on?
Speaker 4: You are the efficient? You're like in the with all.
Speaker 3: The rooms people you stand?
Speaker 4: You stand in the middle.
Speaker 6: Are you alter the third wheeler? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well fine, why did you pick it? I'm comfortable?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Why do you pick me a situations?
Speaker 3: Because I don't care where I stand. It's about a couple.
Speaker 4: You know where he's standing right in front of us, because you think he knows.
Speaker 2: I don't think he knows talking it's about you and your people. Thank you for calling. Make it about the couple. Let's not think twice about this. Good luck and take good care. I do love the relationship we have with anybody that will call us to talk about something that intimate. Yeah, and personal, that's personal to come to us with who we're not experts, nor do we really we never met race, But I do love that relation.
Speaker 5: That's a family drama right there, Jessie, I.
Speaker 3: Stand between the brides people and the groom's people.
Speaker 4: Yes, you stand right in the middle. So basically you are the this like the center. You are the centerpiece and then the centerpiece.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let's start you a photo.
Speaker 5: He was the last year at a wedding.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Well they're not they're no longer together. But yeah, I was at a friend's wedding a few years ago on.
Speaker 1: Air on air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Well it's not for now. I mean it's a month out exactly, isn't it. It's a month out September twenty twenty one in Las Vegas. It's our iHeartRadio Music Festival. Sicini will be there, Tanya is there. I will be the centerpiece, apparently, I'll stand on the stage.
Speaker 3: Is that your wedding, that's my wedding.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll rehearse at the festival being in the center. They're excited to see Toji Kat and Hosier and so many great artists will be there. So if you want to go, we do have these trips and there, I mean want have a lot of these th ways, so it's a big deal if you win one. Let me get Mikayla in Dana Point. Mikayla, good morning.
Speaker 12: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 2: Well, how are you? Have you heard of the Palm Tree Music Festival there in Dana Point. Yes, well, we have tickets coming up to win. What a great show to see in your neighborhood. So here's the deal, Mikayla. I want to explain this to you. It's a very easy game. It's one of our favorites. It's called Vegas leaving.
Speaker 13: Yah.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I can see it on the Marquee now in Vegas. Higher lower, So it's mini bar prices higher or lower. I'll explain it all to you. I'll give you an item in the Vegas Hotel mini bar and you tell me if it's higher lower than ten dollars? Okay, okay, you got to get three of these, right. If you get three, then you'll go to the radio music vessel.
Speaker 9: You ready, Oh my gosh, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's a pleasure. Okay, here we are.
Speaker 2: The first one, a twelve ounce can of diet coke? Is that higher or lower than ten dollars in the mini bar in Vegas?
Speaker 3: I would say lower, it's actually higher.
Speaker 2: Can you believe a diet coke is thirteen dollars in the mini bar?
Speaker 4: That's criminal.
Speaker 3: My parents would never let me as a kid open a minibar or anything.
Speaker 4: No chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. So you got to get this next one?
Speaker 2: Here we go, ready, A share size, A share a size so a big Snickers bar higher or lower than ten dollars?
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, well the coke ooh that's a.
Speaker 10: Uh lower it is lower nine dollars?
Speaker 8: Wow, oh gosh, barely.
Speaker 2: Okay, the next one here a box of peanut Eminem's higher or lower than ten dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say lower higher.
Speaker 3: It's fourteen dollars.
Speaker 2: So to stay alive and get this trip fourteen, you gotta get this right.
Speaker 3: A small bag of cheese, its tiny bag of cheese.
Speaker 2: Its it might be four in the bag higher, lower than ten dollars lower, higher.
Speaker 4: In the wrong direction there, the witness say.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. They don't put many in there is going to be.
Speaker 4: It makes you think that it's lower. Yeah, I figured it was.
Speaker 3: Finally, give you one more because they're blaming me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to say you got that one fine.
Speaker 3: For one more.
Speaker 2: A sixteen ounce bottle of water, generic brand. The label says aria higher or lower than ten dollars?
Speaker 10: Oh gosh, higher.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, everything's higher and we're out of question.
Speaker 2: So good news. You're just gonna win. You're going to the iHeart Radio Music Festival.
Speaker 10: So much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going. It's all good. I think the lesson here. Everything's higher. It's just all higher.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, bring your own thank you and.
Speaker 3: We'll see you out there. Mikhayla, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We're reeling about the cheese. It so we're gonna have to deal with that. That's a lot for cheese.
Speaker 4: It twelve dollars for a bag, right, and there's not.
Speaker 3: Many in there. Right, there's four well, I do know know there's there could be eight.
Speaker 5: It's just the way you eat too, because guys just eat a whole fistful of cheese.
Speaker 3: It's packed with air. Same with the set chips.
Speaker 4: It's your fair I know.
Speaker 3: I think there's a ton of chips. It's like a quarter of a bag of chips.
Speaker 4: We got through a whole bag, just the two of us, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I mean a late start. August twentieth for Glenndale today first day of school and upland first day of school as well. Sunshine and hot hies in the nineties and it's going to get to one oh seven in some places Inland. A lot of school districts opening untilmorrow as well for Wednesday, so we'll make sure we run those down.
Speaker 3: But Tanya's a trending report, Tanya, Okay.
Speaker 4: So, back when Taylor released the Tortured Poets Department, there was a song on there that fans noticed was pointed at Kim Kardashian. So the song title was thank You Amy, but the letters Kim were capitalized in the song title, like when you see it right right, So the song is a reference to kind of the whole Snake Gate saga. And now fans have noticed that thank You Amy has changed to obviously the same spelling, but with the capital ye to spell ya instead of Kim. So swifties think that this change is a huge move in reference to her twenty seventeen album reputation that is mostly about that whole Kimie feud. And so because she switched this, fans are now thinking that reputation, Taylor's version is closer than we think. This is the final Taylor's version that we need.
Speaker 2: I think fans are usually right about this kind of a thing. Well, if you remember to make a lot of sense, and I go ahead.
Speaker 4: Before the Tortured Poets Department came out, we thought that we were going to get reputation then too, so we were a little bit wrong.
Speaker 3: Then we were.
Speaker 4: Well, I might say we but like I mean, like the swifties.
Speaker 3: But it does make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: So we'll be tracking that as Taylor is reading a lot of articles or a lot of couple of days about how Taylor and Travis make it work. That's like the popular headline. Now, how they make it work with their busy hector.
Speaker 4: How do they make it work?
Speaker 3: Well, they prioritize it. Didn't give a lot of detail. They never do.
Speaker 2: I clicked and I'm like, oh my gosh, I want to hear the minute by minute. How do they make it work?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Like, what do they do? What's their mode of transportation?
Speaker 2: Just basically saying they prioritize.
Speaker 4: Probably a lot of face time communication.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably. Let me grab Donovan. Are you guys following this issue?
Speaker 3: Listen to this?
Speaker 2: Donovan says his girlfriend's doctor is her ex boyfriend or husband.
Speaker 3: I don't know what is it. Donovan tells the story.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I want to get your dike on this because she thinks it's no big deal.
Speaker 9: She used to date her doctor back up.
Speaker 2: Did she meet him as a patient and then they went out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's what's the difference. That's no, no, yeah, that's not welcome.
Speaker 3: Who come on? Almost done? Come on in?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, So Donovan, go ahead? And what he like, what's on your mind about it?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean for starters, that's really messed up in the first place. And then they dated, you know whatever, they broke up and that should be it. Right, But he's still her doctor, Like, she still goes to him. He's her gp.
Speaker 4: Have you.
Speaker 2: Have you said to her in a calm way, Hey, you understand why this is uncomfortable, not only for you but for me.
Speaker 3: Have you said that?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 10: I feel like I'm being really calm when I say it. I mean, I know I'm worked out now, but when we talked about it, I deep breaths in though the nostrils and everything, and like I'm being crazy, like I'm being super paranoid and and.
Speaker 3: That drives me nuts.
Speaker 10: Like I'm not the jealous type. But this is unclear.
Speaker 3: Might be a little bit, which is fine because it is. It is. It is strange. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't wouldn't feel comfortable with myself. And you know your your doctor has a very unique has unique access to you in a way that would make me uncomfortable too. So can you get her to transfer her records to someone else?
Speaker 10: I mean I've said that there's like a million doctors out there, Like why do you have to keep going to him?
Speaker 3: Are deal breaker for you? Is it a deal breaker? Donovan? That's what this is all about.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's well, that's what I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: It is you, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: I mean only because your doctor like once a year, only because that line has already been crossed, like they they met, because he already broke the doctor patients rule.
Speaker 4: And is there a patient doctor rule?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think it's just they can't disclaim.
Speaker 3: Last time I was at med school, I think there was yeah.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 2: So yeah, uh Donovan, I'm on your side. You need to it directly, and if it is a deal breaker, be prepared for where it's going to go.
Speaker 3: Thanks for calling. I mean tell you you you see certain doctors out of guilt.
Speaker 2: I know for fact that you drive to Orange County to a dentist because you feel guilty about going to another dentist.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Correct, But there you have it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't see anything wrong with I mean, finding a doctor that you like is is hard to do. I feel I'm just saying sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm just reading the New England Journal of Medicine, where everything says here we have one always in studio. It says here dating current patients is strictly prohibited by both the American Medical Association as it constitutes unethical unprofessional conduct that exploits the physician patient relationships.
Speaker 3: So it's off limits.
Speaker 4: Really, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: No, it's not weird. It makes total sense.
Speaker 5: You meet people all the time, but you would be then like giving them extra medicine, and you shouldn't be in all this type of stuff.
Speaker 3: The AM is right.
Speaker 5: Plus you watch praise like you know, what's in a situation like if there was like a loved wine, like a loved one that was like needing surgery, they would not have the doctor do it because it's too close. They'd have different doctor perform that surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On air on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: Should we do some of these talkbacks?
Speaker 2: They're kind of all over the place, but I let play some of these for you. Here is Robert in La. I don't think this requires any sort of preamblsten.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Tanya, that's completely rude to be eating horribolled eggs on a plane.
Speaker 3: Eat them before you bored, Kanya.
Speaker 2: I think Robert is dangerous and I don't know if you should finds him in person, but just just the directness and the tone he's not he's not happy with.
Speaker 4: You, that's so alarming. First of all, a heartbell egg is a delicious protein filled snack. That is it is so stinky. So are cheese, It's and and Dorito's And.
Speaker 3: Do you want to encounter this?
Speaker 4: Sorry, Tanya, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so. Keeping to yourself. Let's see this is Maria.
Speaker 2: Maria says she loves when she hears Spanish on her show.
Speaker 12: I live in Ohio currently. I used to live in California, Mexico, and I used to listen to your at.
Speaker 2: The First Shop.
Speaker 12: That's where I first listened to music and English. And I remember getting so excited for hearing Patty's voice because she's speaking Spanish. And I'm glad this season to speaks Spanish.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 12: It's really cool to hear that, and I enjoyed your conversation. Guys. It makes my day fun just listening to all the stuff you all talk about it.
Speaker 3: So see that is the opposite of Robert. She's very happy.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Maria for chiming in on that.
Speaker 3: Here's this is.
Speaker 2: I guess Tanya said last week that she thinks Justin and Haley bieber right maybe naming their baby plum. And when you said that, Lynn was listening, and Lynn she didn't. It didn't strike her in a way that she could just keep quiet.
Speaker 13: Here's what she said, Hi, guys, I think the reason they put plum biaber is because when you're first pregnant, you always associate the size of the baby.
Speaker 10: With a fruit.
Speaker 1: So when she started it, there was probably that her.
Speaker 11: Baby was the site of a plum.
Speaker 10: That's my guy.
Speaker 11: Do you have a great day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you know, you look at it be the case, could be icon, could be plumb, could be you know any why would.
Speaker 4: You get the Instagram handle for the fruit that it is for the moment.
Speaker 3: Don't argue with Lynn, She's just giving you over.
Speaker 4: With all due respect, Lynn, I think that that theory.
Speaker 5: Is false, and you can switch all those things.
Speaker 4: That's gonna hat me.
Speaker 5: I was saying that sometimes you can switch those up to have it not be fru like for me. I made my objects so they'll be like your baby is the size of a cassette player or or.
Speaker 4: A cassette Distetna cassette players or Ruby's red slipper from.
Speaker 3: Dorothy a CD.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, no, no, like one of it wasn't actually vhs like that size.
Speaker 4: I forget.
Speaker 5: It was a long time ago, but it was objects.
Speaker 3: All right, let me grab one more.
Speaker 2: This is Nelson in Southgate has a question for sisney An Tania my name.
Speaker 4: I listened to all the weekend.
Speaker 14: HI question for Andy. I'm you're working guys for Brian's Sacred Guys Dania and Cinany, Betty go Ynard. I found number one for you ladies, and Ruley's on the bark room on the back too.
Speaker 3: I was like, he sounds like my dad.
Speaker 4: He called you Brian's seacrest.
Speaker 8: I'll take it.
Speaker 3: I'll take it for our spine, these fans of sistant Tanya. Is that what I gat?
Speaker 4: Nelson? I love it?
Speaker 3: And he was asking how long have you worked with Brian secrets?
Speaker 5: I guess like I started filling in for Ellen and like, oh eight, so I guess technically since two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: So that's two sixteen, sixteen ish years. Yeah, Tony, you want to chime in? Are you done?
Speaker 4: I started working with you, I think fourteen years ago at the.
Speaker 3: Mark the show, Tony is approaching fourteen rapidly. That's really what is your time going back?
Speaker 5: It's normal pace for me.
Speaker 2: Well, congrats and thank you Nelson for listening. I have worked with me for twenty plus years here.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's so wild.
Speaker 2: So friends, that's gonna wrap it up for us today. Make sure you hydrate, get out there and keep yourself friendly with the fluids.
Speaker 3: It's going to be very hot, it is.
Speaker 2: It's a public service, Tanya, because start early, get a jump on it really is gonna be dangerously hot in a lot of places actually today.
Speaker 5: And you believe it when once you're dehydrated is too late. So you got to stay hydrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't roll your eyes on a public service messages.
Speaker 4: We're adult. We know to drink her necessarily.
Speaker 5: Somebody we just reminded them and they just reach for their water and they're like, you're right, I do need to drink more water.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it right now.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Look at us hydrated, tiny, you're not all right. Let's look at tomorrow coming up. We've got the I guess more of these not serry farm tickets. But vacations are a time to relax. We are a lot of us coming off of summer vacations for relaxing. Don't argue, But apparently there's something that couples do when they vacation that causes them to argue three times more often than other couples. You don't want to fight. You ever get a fight on vacation? Go oh, is this gonna ruin the whole trip? Now we're gonna ruin the whole trip. That you're gonna be silent the whole day, and the whole trip, the whole week. It's gonna ruin the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Island the whole day.
Speaker 3: I've gotten a vacation, the whole trip. You just want to ruin the whole trip?
Speaker 4: Is that your go to?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: I see, we don't have enough time to get in to unpack this tomorrow. Michael says the same thing, And it's like, you don't have to go there that's not ruined. But that and the vacation just like zero to one hundred because we can talk about it Monday. Let's enjoy the vacation.
Speaker 3: Anyway. That's tomorrow's show. Probably take an hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is We're gonna unpack a lot.
Speaker 2: If you missed anything the on Airthrine Secrets podcast up on the iHeart Radio app. Bunch of stuff there. You actually should listen for the big Pickle conversation. Uh, it's a license it's a vanity license plate. A guy has big Pickle on his license plate and it made his date run the other direction. Yeah, it was the ick that she got because everything was cool, and then she read his vanity plate.
Speaker 3: This said big pickle.
Speaker 5: This guy, Hey, big Pickle.
Speaker 2: Check it out on the podcast Sisney's got He's eleven.
Speaker 3: It's good. Seff, thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll
Speaker 1: Talk to you again tomorrow