Speaker 1: Gratuity in hotel rooms. It's a fucking mystery, Okay, Can someone tells somebody? One time? I read John Tish he owns the Low's Hotels or his family does, years ago, and he gave a number, like he said, ten dollars per housekeeper per square foot, poor per room, per bathtub. I don't know what the fuck he said, but he gave some algorithm that you'd have to be in the movie a beautiful mind to understand for how to tip hotel staff. Okay, so I just think that you should be on the big tipper program, the medium tipper program, or the bad tipper program. It's gonna get out anyway. You get out to the valley.
Speaker 2: Oh do you have change?
Speaker 1: I only have two hours? Should or only have twenty dollars? And like that whole guessing game in between housekeeping, there's no steadfast rule. No one said there's a suggestion box for tipping. So you leave the hotel, you're like, fuck, I didn't fucking tip housekeeping, And then you sometimes leave it at the front desk, but you don't know if it's ever getting there. Also, if you leave a fifty dollars bill, do you know that all the housekeepers are getting it. I just think someone needs to be thorough on the rules of tipping at hotels. Can we just have a tipping program? We get there, you exercise the tipping program. This is an excellent tipping program, and you're just giving across the board a percentage tip so you don't have to touch a tip because you know when you go down to get it. You know, you go down to get a chair at the pool. You forgot your wallet because you're on vacation. You're trying it to have it while you're trying to live in a wild free society. Charge it to the room. Guess what now, you're that schmuck that didn't tip the person who did the valet bed bed, who then put the put the al umbrella into the sand, who brought you over your drink, you did your lunch, did you look, does it have fortunity? Oh shit, I tipped yesternight. I didn't fucking realize they had service. It is at the whole tipping program, particularly when you're traveling, needs to be clear once and for all, just the way that you know it at all inclusive. You're not paying for a good goddamn thing. You're not transacting with currency. There should be an overall tipping program for each hotel, for different hotels, or they say at the beginning, here's what's gonna go down. But no matter what, you should not have to be bringing your wallet and breaking change, having ones and twos and fives and forty's and all the shit for your whole vacation. It's just the opposite of what a vacation is about. My guest today is the love and light of my life, Bryn Casey. She is my peanut. She is my best friend. She has been my quarantine partner, my pod partner, peanut, myself and Biggie and Smalls have spent two solid years just absorbing each other and we have never been closer. And I love her so much. So today I thought it might be interesting if she came on the podcast, and my producers thought I'd be interesting if she interviewed me. One day, maybe I'll get to interview her because she's way more interesting than I am. But Brynn, my daughter, is going to interview me today. I don't know anything that she's going to ask. When I have guests on, I never ever give them the questions and I never know anything, And I don't know what she's going to ask, and I haven't really discussed anything with her at all, but I think she gets a sense of what the podcast is from just living in this house. Brinn, have you ever heard any of the podcasts?
Speaker 2: Uh? Just the one with like Josh Richards, I think, Oh right, okay and Griffin Johnson.
Speaker 1: Well, how are you me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you nervous?
Speaker 2: Well? Bet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the sweetest. Well you excited?
Speaker 2: Yeah you are?
Speaker 1: You're like we're in the equipment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the headset you do.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Brent, let's just hear a little bit about you as the interviewer. How old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm eleven?
Speaker 1: Okay, what grade are you in?
Speaker 2: You don't know that.
Speaker 1: I do know that, but there are millions of listeners that don't.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm in sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Okay. How does sixth grade compare it to other grades?
Speaker 2: I like it a lot because I have a lot more freedom.
Speaker 1: Oh you feel free? Independent?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? And what's your favorite part about sixth grade?
Speaker 2: I like my friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah. What do you like to do?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you like to do.
Speaker 2: No, it's just a common question that lots of people ask me that I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, this is not your interview. This is my interview, so I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the rye.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what was your first job? I was.
Speaker 1: I worked at a bakery in eighth or ninth grade in Long Island. And I remember one of those bakeres. It sells Italian cookies like sprinkle cookies and rainbow cookies. We have upstairs, right, the ones we have upstairs, Sprinkle cookies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a yeah, okay, And I have another question, sure, how many times have you moved schools? Because I know that you've moved a lot of school I went.
Speaker 1: I mean including college or you mean just high school?
Speaker 2: College?
Speaker 1: Oh? God, I lost count, but it was definitely I've been. I've gone to thirteen schools. I think that includes college thirteen.
Speaker 2: Really, I've only gone to three different ones. I went to preschool, and then I went to school up until fifth grade, No, up until fourth grade, and then I went to a new school.
Speaker 1: Right, if you stay in this school till the end of senior year, that would be very stable. I would like that.
Speaker 2: And also I have a question, and Laney actually asked me to put this one down.
Speaker 1: Lane is our housekeeper of several years, who we live for, who's our boss?
Speaker 2: Do you still remember your first crush?
Speaker 1: Do I still remember my first crush? Like a like a sixth grade boyfriend kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah? And what was his name?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Rich fay Hey, Rich fay He and I ran into Oh my god, you and I were together a TJ Max. We ran into that girl Marilyn mcpheey remember from sixth grades. I remember her phone number then, so I doubt it's their phone. I think that's impressible that you don't care that I know her number.
Speaker 2: I can't I know your member.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea, it's a good idea. Wait a second. So we ran into a girl Maryn mcphey at TJ Max who was also in sixth grade, and Rich fay He and I it was more than a crush. I don't think you should tell put. We really liked each other a lot, a lot, and we usedill go to this place, the bridge together. Everybody did. It was like the thing in Rockville Center, Long Island, And he ended up going to shamanad and I forgot where he said he moved. I think he moved to like Hong Kong or something. But that was a real question. He was very cute with another kid, Brian. I think I like Paul too. I'm engaged to him, as it turns out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So since it's Easter, I had a question, what's your favorite holiday? And why?
Speaker 1: I love Christmas because you and I make a meal out of it. We go to the radio City show, we go ice skating, we go to Gingerbread University. We decorate cookies, we decorate the dogs, we decorate the house. We really lay it on pretty thick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like Christmas and Halloween, Halloween, yeah, and also Easter, which is now. But can you me a ranking of like your top holidays?
Speaker 1: Christmas, Halloween, Easter, fourth of July?
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 1: I don't think I care that much about Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I hear about giving things.
Speaker 1: I do too. Okay, thanks, thanks for making me look bad at that time.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what was your favorite Christmas that we had?
Speaker 1: Like you know, planes, trains and automobiles When you were hysterically crying and Annie, who's in this room? And Paul had to try to get us home for Sanna. You were freaking out. We were in Aspen trying to get home, and we had plenty of time, but there was this crazy delay and it took us like twenty one hours to get home, and Brinn was freaking out that we were going to miss Sanna and that we'd be just in an airport when Sanna came and Santa was going to come to the house, and all we had to do was beat Sanna. And we got home like midnight, literally like before midnight. You went right to sleep, and Annie and Paul got us home. They saved Christmas. It was it was miserable. We were like filthy barnyard animals. By the time we got home. We'd been through multiple airports, so many fights. You were hysterically crying, blaming me. I ruined Christmas, the whole thing. Oh do you mean Neils? Yes, I mean no, I mean Sanna here is If you're lying.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I mean yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a disaster. I felt so bad. But and I remember we were looking out the window for Sana. I just wanted to beat him. We did. Well, that was my favorite. Oddly you yeah, no, what was your favorite? I don't know you loved pandemic Christmas, I had COVID. I was miserable. We were so connected and we were so together. I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question, Okay, great.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, thanks for this. Do you have an appointment? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow? What jobs are you currently doing? Because I know that you do a lot of stuff because you're like an on trip. Is that the right word? Yeah? And so what jobs me currently doing?
Speaker 1: What am I currently doing? I am. I have a podcast, more than one now and building multiple podcas because I really like it. Just finished a book. I have a lot of product lines like the popcorn salad dressing, Preserves Shape, where Swim coming. We sell sunglasses and reading glasses on HSN, and I'll do speaking engagements and personal appearances. I also have a relief effort called be Strong, where we're doing a big thing in Ukraine right now to help all these people. And I think that might be close to it? Is that it? I think so? And I'm talking about a new TV show. I don't know if that'll happen though.
Speaker 2: How many pets have you had in your life?
Speaker 1: I definitely had at least one hamster. We count in goldfish because that's gonna be hard. Yeah, let's pretend like three goldfish. Let's pretend we had one hamster, minimum, probably two hamsters. I had a dog named Max that ate a whole box a crayle of fifty something crayons, and.
Speaker 2: When he pooped, came out of sparkles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, came out rainbow sparkles. So Max. And then I had a great Dane. Max was a I can't talk about that. That was sad. Oh my god, all right, wait a second. No, Max was Siberian husky. And then I had a great Dane. But the bunny was Oreo. And the bunny ate fertilized grass and died, and my stepfather and mother said that he was gonna wake up, and they put lettuce. I put lettuce by the bunny on the grass. I'm gonna cry, like, and the bunny never woke up. I kept thinking the bunny was gonna wake up. It was traumatic. Oh my god, I'm gonna cry. It was traumatic, horrible A white bunny name I don't know, white and black bunny name Oreo. Horrible experience, like literally I can feel it like it was yesterday. I had to be seven nightmare, Oh my god. And it's Eastern it's like very own brand.
Speaker 2: What are your hobbies currently?
Speaker 1: Oh, my hobbies. I've been doing this crazy. These makeup comparisons of the highs and the lows.
Speaker 2: I've seen those.
Speaker 1: What do you think I like them?
Speaker 2: I like the funny ones.
Speaker 1: Do you do? Oh when I put the clown makeup on?
Speaker 2: No? The other one, the one I just kind of package.
Speaker 1: Oh when I make fun of influencers. Some people don't like that because they're making a living. And I know, but it's just someone's like, oh my god, so I like that. I usually like yoga, but I haven't been doing yoga now reading. You know. I love to just like fiddle around the house and organize and cook. I love to cook. I love to I love home design, home decor, love it, love to build something out of some out of nothing. I love that.
Speaker 2: Love your hobbies.
Speaker 1: That was so disingenuous. That was such a BS.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I was forgetting about what I've I've forgot.
Speaker 1: It happens to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is an interesting question, and I actually don't know the answer to this one.
Speaker 1: Right. You should ask things that you're naturally curious, you know.
Speaker 2: The one some of them I didn't know the answers to but one or two. I did this one. I actually am super interested about this question. It's the big question. I do a drum Can you do the drumbell too?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is better?
Speaker 2: Instagram or TikTok.
Speaker 1: Instagram or TikTok TikTok is TikTok is better. TikTok is better for sure, much better thanks to you. No question. Instagram is like stuck. It's like a constipated social media app. It's just like, look at my picture, I feel dirt it for two weeks. Look at my simple video. It's not like moving and grooving. It's not it's not hip.
Speaker 2: How did you learn to cook?
Speaker 1: Good question? My mom always cooked. My mom. I'd come home late at night and she'd always be pounding chicken and making chicken cutlets. And she made an elaborate Christmas dinner and turkey dinner, very sort of old school comfort food. She was good, so I was always around it.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Like, how did you learn to do it? Did your mom teach you? Or did you learn by watching more?
Speaker 1: By watching more? By watching a little teaching, like a little tips here and there. You know, sometimes I tell you something later.
Speaker 2: You give me lots of tips.
Speaker 1: I like it. You do. I didn't know you did. That's sweet. Yeah, No, I just little tips you pick up here and there. No one wants to be sort of really told what to do. You learn on your own. You're an excellent cook. And then I went to culinary school, which gave me confidence. It's a different it's just a different kind of environment where you feel confidence, which I imagine people also get from working in a restaurant. Practice makes perfect. But I did very well in culinary school. I was at the head of my class. They made me the team leader when we had this competition of two cooking teams. At the end.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your favorite job that you have ever done.
Speaker 1: I loved producing events. When I used to produce big, big events like movie premieres on Alcatraz, which is where this big prison is on an island and you have to bring everything in by boat and it's really complicated and it's big party planning, lighting and entertainment, and you know how I am with all the details. So I was very good at that because I had never really had a real job before, and it made me feel accomplished and like I could do things. It was my first real job.
Speaker 2: What's your dream place to visit? Like in the world, anywhere you want in the world.
Speaker 1: I want to go to Morocco very badly. I want to go to the Maldives and that kind of stuff. You know they have these rooms where they're on these sort of stilts in your over water, like you could see fish from your inside your room. Don't you want to go there? So that's my dream place. I'm taking you to Paris in the side.
Speaker 2: Dream place very exciting.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. My dream place to go, let's hear.
Speaker 2: Is like, I forget what it's called.
Speaker 1: Where did you see it?
Speaker 2: I saw it on this show and it's this place. It's something that starts to be and like you go there and there's awesome room rooms that are only like thirty dollars and it's in there and they're like tense and you can like sleep there and it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Bali Bali?
Speaker 2: Is that really where it was?
Speaker 1: I went to Bali, but I didn't do Bali right. I did Bali wrong. I stayed in the wrong place and I stayed in like the gross beaches where it just wasn't I didn't. Sometimes you can do a place wrong. You see it on TV and then you go there and you did the wrong place. I'll go to Bali with you. It's very you. It's very early far far. I think it's like twenty four hours or something, twenty two hours long. You did Hawaii, which was eleven hours. I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: It's like a whole day.
Speaker 1: I know, but you just watched TV and eime. We went to.
Speaker 2: Hawaiian and I only slept on the plane for like two hours.
Speaker 1: Did you love Hawaii?
Speaker 2: I love seeing turtles. I love those videos.
Speaker 1: That I have m And we went to Costa Rica. Remember the last day we were like, I said, the only thing we didn't do? We did zip lining and water rafting and everything, but what was the only thing? I was said. We were leaving and we didn't get to.
Speaker 2: See seeing the monkeys.
Speaker 1: We didn't see the monkeys. And then I looked over to the waitress and I said, well, we see the monkeys and she said, I don't know. Sometimes they come later at like nine in the morning. And we looked up and there was a monkey, and then there were like ten monkeys.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite TikTok audio? I have a guess, but let me know if this is your favorite.
Speaker 1: It's the one that you do?
Speaker 2: Is it this one? Okay? What's this?
Speaker 1: It's an art project?
Speaker 2: Okay, I like you for that's one.
Speaker 1: But what's the one that I make you do?
Speaker 2: I said what I said.
Speaker 1: I said what I said. No, not that I said what I said. What I said. That's needy, not that one. There's another one. Girl.
Speaker 2: Don't do it, girl, don't do it? Is now worth it. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking about I'm not gonna do it. I did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Annie started. Annie and my assistant started immediately now in the house, no matter what we say, immediately, immediately, immediately see what I needed to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I know that you cook a lot of food, and you're really good cooking. This is another food question. What's your favorite food that you've ever had?
Speaker 1: You mean like blah blah blah at Joe's restaurant or just like this food thing, the thing.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I know that you. I love angel hair and they have this amazing angel hair with lobster at this restaurant in Queens. I know you hate I know park Side and Queens, and they also have it. In Long Island at a restaurant called Mateos in three eighty eight. I can't think of my favorite food other than that, like something I ate in Italy. Maybe I was crying over the pasta. But I can't think of specifically one thing which is upsetting me. And I'm glad you asked it, because now it's bothering me.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite birthday party that you've ever had?
Speaker 1: The last birthday party with you and Paul was really nice because it was beautiful, it was planned well, it was you like the rice. I'm so happy. Let's go to that restaurant in the cauliflower That was at Buddha Khan in New York and we had this private room and it was very simple and a small group.
Speaker 2: And I was so good, the little tower.
Speaker 1: Of Oh Buddha Bar. It was Buddha Bar. It was so good. I got the cauliflower in the mushrooms.
Speaker 2: I loved that.
Speaker 1: WHOA, you're drinking Margarita's after school. So that's something we should discuss with the counsel.
Speaker 2: I love that f.
Speaker 1: Why don't you call the coulieflower an interview? Why don't you call the chef from Budabarn interview.
Speaker 2: I loved the sauce on it was so good, and dipping it a collige flower, the fried and then the right had all the sesame seeds on it and stuff.
Speaker 1: Mushroom stands. Oh and it was so we'll get it tonight.
Speaker 2: Whoa. I loved it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Jeff'spiccoli. But we'll talk about that when you're older.
Speaker 2: I have another question.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to ask it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta find it first.
Speaker 1: Okay, you could do ask it another day.
Speaker 2: No, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got okay, go ahead, I have two more actions.
Speaker 2: Oh great, what's your favorite baked good you've ever had?
Speaker 1: There was used to be a woman in La If anyone wants to find her, and she knows who I'm talking about, And she had an eighty eight dollars cake twenty years ago Candace ka c A n d ys Candace Cookies and Cakes. They hit a truffle cake that had toffee crunch inside, it had carm inside. It weighed like fifty pounds. It was the best cake you've ever had in your life. And Little Red hen Bakery, which was the Red Velvet I used to eat when I was pregnant with you amazing cakes and the whole foods, peanut butter chocolate cake. I have with you.
Speaker 2: What's the funniest thing that Baggie and Smalls have done?
Speaker 1: They do funny things every day. Today they dressed up like clowns and show No.
Speaker 2: I know, but in your life, Like, what do you really remember that was super funny?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do you have an answer for me?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just acting.
Speaker 1: Oh, just every day they're like clowns. Today they literally wore clowns.
Speaker 2: But you did it without me.
Speaker 1: Mom, You'll see they're dressed up like clowns. Well, that's my daughter, and that's our dynamic. She's the sweetest little girl in the world. She's fun, she's an amazing artist. She's such a good person. We have such a good relationship. We are connected at the soul of the heart and the hib and I love her and I'm so grateful. I'm grateful for you. I'm grateful to you for doing this, Brent.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love you. Sweetie took it seriously. I love you so much. You're a good girl.