Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 1: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't realize seventy percent of Americans don't have college degrees.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I have to have a college to be successful. But there are a lot of uneducated people in America White people too, a lot of uneducated white people. And I think the politicians are not doing themselves a favor by pandering to uneducated, low skilled workers, by making promises like, Yo, we want to make housing affordable. It's not going to get You can't do that, It's not impossible. You're like, we want to make sure that everybody has ability to get a good job. It's impossible, it's not gonna happen. And that's even when Tim Cook years ago and they was like, you know, he was in front of Concress and they were saying, like, how can we bring all of these jobs that Apple has overseas back to America? And he said, it's impossible. You can't bring them back to America because the price that we can pay people overseas, we can't do it in America. And it's so much regulation, red tape, you got unions, so much stuff. And then from the skills standpoint, the skills are not there as well. So no, I can't. I mean, just gotta be honest. Pricing is not is not going to be affordable. It's only going to go up. I just saw a report that there's more homeless people than ever, ten percent increase fro last year six I'm just thousands homeless people.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so housing is not going down. It's not gonna I don't care how much affordable housing you try to make or how much rent control. That's that's putting a band aid on a gunshot wound. The overall housing market is only going to continue to cause, like the stock market, housing prices go up. Over the course of time, less jobs will be available, and it's not going to be higher paying jobs. It's not gonna happen. A good job doesn't. There's no such thing as a good job. A good job is being an NBA player. That's that's a good job, you know what I'm saying. Like as far as trying to get a good job, as far as right.
Speaker 4: If you can break in, but it's really tough to break into.
Speaker 3: And even tech they had mass layoffs last year right when Meta laid off ten thousand people. Tech jobs are not guaranteed anyway, especially when it comes to AI taking a lot of tech jobs away, people running lean, leaner operations. So we just gotta be honest. This is this is a new age economy. And if you if you're if you're not participating at a high level as an entrepreneur, as an investor in technology, you're not gonna make it. You're not gonna make it. Everybody, everybody's not gonna make it. That that's the harsh reality of life. And I feel like other countries are embracing that. They and they're setting their children up to have mandatory skill sets. They're setting their children up to have less access to things that's not important because they know that they have no choice. Like we still want to, you know, act like it's nineteen fifty and say like everybody deserves a good paying job. Everybody, Yeah, they deserve it, but it's not gonna happen. And the more you feed people that lie, the more it's going to be tougher up for ands, tough for for people to actually survive in this economy for sure. So and that's on both that's on both sides of the our I think just politicians in general, it's you're pandering to people. I understand why you're pandering to them, but mhmm, you're telling people lies really by saying that it's not it's not something that is sustainable. And we have a major problem with a lot of uneducated, low skilled workers in America. We blame we blame migrants for the situation, but we got a lot of issues outside of the migrants. Migrants, that's not that's not the end all, be all. You can you cannot have one migrant come in for the rest of the year. It's still going to where where you're still going to live, Where are you still going to work, where you're still going to Like that's that's not going to solve every single problem by just trying to build a border fence.
Speaker 5: So even with that, every time I go to Mexico, they told all the Mexicans to build all and the Mexico gonna pay for it. And every time I go to Mexico, I see more white people than ever on international arbertries driving up the prices of homes and other places because the price has gotten too high here in the States, like if you don't have a mortgage or have a plan to be free and clear by the next fifteen years, like by twenty thirty, I was doing. I think I was looking this past weekend, I put in the stock Club the average home price in New York is gonna be nine hundred and ninety eight thousand.
Speaker 4: That's not that far away. It's not that far away.
Speaker 3: So for sure, And like you said, I mean, everybody talks about people that are driving up prices in America. Americas are driving up prices all over the.
Speaker 5: World everywhere else Italy, Rome, Australia, definitely, Mexico, Puerto Rico, yeah, ran the price up on the island, like go it dark, throw a dark yeah, yeah yeah, not be frankly, you said, is it.
Speaker 2: I just had this conversation of day about affordable housing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's really a subjective turn, because how do you determine what's affordable?
Speaker 2: Like you can.
Speaker 1: Go here in white Planes or in anyway in Westchester and a two bedroom is going to cost you three thousand dollars. Now you get it at affordable housing adds like eighteen hundred. If somebody doesn't have a job that's paying over sixty five seventy thousand, and then it's not how do you thirty percent?
Speaker 2: It just doesn't the math doesn't map.
Speaker 3: For clarification from from chat GBT, sixty two percent of United States adots do not hold a four year degree.
Speaker 2: That's what we said. That's not a search engine though, so it's not pulling off.
Speaker 3: On sixty two percent of Americans do not how to go to Google. It pours it pulls information from.
Speaker 2: Google, but it's not pulling She said this.
Speaker 1: That's why I said, you gotta so like take it from Google, take it from a search engine, where that's.
Speaker 3: Just just well, this is what this is what politicians told me as well. So sixty maybe they sixty two percent of Americans do not have four year degrees. That means thirty eight percent of Americans have four year degrees, right, And.
Speaker 2: It's still more people, more people don't have them than do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said seventy six, sixty two, it's still of the majority people don't. Majority of American adults do not have four year And like I said, having a four year degree does it doesn't mean that you're not intelligent.
Speaker 2: Let's just pause there. But and it doesn't mean that it guarantees you anything, No, of course not. But it's just crazy nothing it does.
Speaker 3: It does speak to a lot of formally uneducated people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: But that also ties into the the conversations we just had earlier about investing in Sally May, Like, if it's let's just say it's sixty forty, right, if sixty percent of the people are not accumulating that debt, does that tell you about the future trajectory of that company with the company, right, because that means that that number. I don't see that number swaying increasing.
Speaker 5: No, Right, I think people going to college has peaked, but peaked.
Speaker 3: But the course of college is going up. So even if it's less, if you have one, even if the college inflation is two times regular inflation. So even if it's less people going, they're still gonna be borrowing the raising prizey because the price is going up until two times higher than regular inflation.
Speaker 1: Until people just say I'm not going period, even if you're at that scale, right, Like, at a certain point, I can't go to n YU. Like if my daughter is like and granted, like, we're obviously blessed, but if she's like, let's say an average person who doesn't get a scholarship, A kid has great, it has pretty good grades, and he's like, I want to go to n YU and it's seventy thousand a year and you're talking a four year degree, Like that's tough.
Speaker 2: That becomes that becomes impossible.
Speaker 3: Well, what's your options if you don't have a college degree?
Speaker 4: Well? Google, what's alls all? Google?
Speaker 5: And Meta said it wasn't mandatory anymore a couple of years ago. That put some waves through that student loan markets and colleges have to do better.
Speaker 4: But I think we have to start.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot of high paying jobs. People that are highly skilled that only have high school diplomas in theory. Yes, But what I'm saying is that how many tech software engineers do you know that just taught themselves how to computer code and have never went to college. There are some people that have done that, right, But the vast majority of people that are just getting through high school without a high school degree, without with a high school diploma and have never gone to college or not finishing colleges. These people are not highly skilled workers in the workforce. This is people that I just know firsthand from my just first hand experience. Right, I don't know one person personally that has not graduated from college that is a highly skilled person. I'm not I'm just saying I'm just speaking from just people that I know personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: But I would say this this time is so unique because even if they don't have the degree, right, they still have an opportunity with technology to figure out how to do something right. Like YouTube has been again back to the first conversation of how showing you skill. Like literally, there are things that I've watched on YouTube and I'm like, Okay, I'm just gonna study this, right, Like people watch us and say that they're like, yo, I had no idea about this career. I watched that episode and yo, yeah sparked my mind to think, like, oh man, I can do this. Let me go dive down this rabbit hole to figure out more information about that.
Speaker 2: Now, are you highly skilled? I guess you got to be in the practice of doing it right.
Speaker 1: But the information is dead of the how Whereas before, if you didn't go to college, it was like I don't know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Now it's like if you don't go to college, now there's some things you could still do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just speaking. I'm just a practical person, right. So the average person that has a bachelor's degree earns between sixty five and seventy five thousand dollars a year. The average adult with a high school diploma earns between thirty five and forty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: It was just a fact.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is that there's always going to be outliers, right, But I'm saying the vast majority of people, education at the highest level still lends you more opportunity to make more money. Right, So having a college degree is still going to give you a better opportunity in the grand scheme of things, to earn more money than you if you just have a high school diploma. You don't need to have a college degree to become a millionaire. You don't need to have a college degree to become a millionaire. Mark Zuckerberg does not have a college degree. But what I'm saying is that for the average American, right, the best pathway forward is still with college, which leads to debt. And being that the majority of people do not have college degrees, well, now you start to see why we're in economic trouble and why the average person is almost a twenty thousand dollars differences. That adds a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what do you what do you mean by the n and pay off a car by working in the factory.
Speaker 4: The people didn't do that. The politicians who sold the shit that you're going to fuck that up?
Speaker 2: Right, Like, I wouldn't say that those are the people that are in the economic trouble.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying when I say economic trouble, saying the whole entire country is in economic trouble. So what I'm saying is that if you earn less money, right, you have the greatest strain on you for housing, for groceries, to buy a car, to put your kids in college, to put your kids in school. Right, So, when you have a lot of people earning less money, right, that's gonna cause a disruption in the ecosystem. So now you start to see, okay, now it makes sense with the majority. If there's twenty thousand dollars difference between people that graduate from college people that don't graduate from college, and sixty five percent whatever of people do not graduate from college, that means the majority of people are just off the bat have a tremendous harder to have a harder time to make money. Right. So, now you got a whole majority underclass of people that's gonna be harder for them to ever rise up, to ever make six figures, to ever become a million. That's gonna be t and it's harder for them right now when multiple generations start to do that, now you have millions and millions and millions of hundreds of millions of people that are all stuck in that same belly. Now it becomes a drain on society and it becomes difficult for those people to move up the economic ladder. As opposed to the people that's highly educated. They might not even become millionaires themselves, but they have a higher trajectory in life to earn more money, and that's going to be more beneficial for society.
Speaker 5: If I was a debt servicing company, wouldn't it behoove me to lobby to tell people that if you buy this thing for me, you're going to make twenty thousand more And if you don't buy this thing for me, you won't be able to have a white pick defense.
Speaker 4: We talk about on blackout.
Speaker 3: But so you're saying that the numbers of us are are not real numbers.
Speaker 4: Not saying that they're not real.
Speaker 5: But if I call the chaos as to why, because in the nineteen eighties, even through early nineteen nineties, most families in most cities could have a non degree based job and own a home.
Speaker 3: But those days are over with the days of working at a factory and becoming.
Speaker 4: While who caused that? Though a lot of.
Speaker 3: Things caused it, I think that just the general technology took away a lot of.
Speaker 2: Jobs, but it also created a lot of jobs.
Speaker 3: No, it did, but it took away a lot of low skilled jobs. Like before you can go to a power plan, you can do different. You could become a blue collar person and have two cars, have a have a home. You could live the American dream.
Speaker 4: With another family up the street and be okay with.
Speaker 3: Low skilled education, low skills and low education. What I'm saying is that now that that's that's difficult to do. It's difficult to live that life with low skills and low education. You got to have at least one or the other. Behoos you to have both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that there's an opportunity to have a higher level education. Obviously, I think there needs to be school reformed, but there's an opportunity to have a higher level education without going to college university, whereas in the past that that wasn't an opportunity.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, I'm just saying. I mean, we've We've created a platform where people can educate themselves and make millions of dollars based off of information without going to college and school. So I understand that, But I'm just saying, just speaking large numbers, the educational system in America.
Speaker 2: Is broken, let's say, or is it working how it was supposed to do.
Speaker 5: Until it's not working until there's what Rocket Feller paying for for the American education system.
Speaker 4: It is working perfectly fine for what it was designed to do.
Speaker 3: Until it's not until until we until we don't have the biggest economy in the world, until we have so many unskilled workers that until this coming zone, until until so there's no more cake to feed the people. Right, that's what That's what the French revolution they she said, feed them cake.
Speaker 2: Well, they took it.
Speaker 3: They took a head off because of that sore.
Speaker 4: And death and income ratio one hundred and twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: The bread and circus works, you know what. The bread and circus worked, question, Mary, because they had a.
Speaker 2: Bread and circus.
Speaker 3: No Rome gave citizens free bread, and they provide them with a free circus. So we don't even have free you're not getting feed, free food unless you get a welfare voucher. But I was like, and even entertainment at this point, it's not even free. You got to have a television to even watch it. So it's like the bread and circus works as long as you could provide free circus and a free bread.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,