Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 1: Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison to Montrey Moore and new he Scruggs.
Speaker 3: It is time for the players Lounes right up in here on a very cold day here or Texas be like we are Barry's hometown.
Speaker 2: Golden the mother man not ready for all this, but the parts.
Speaker 3: I find all the free stuff I didn't have through the years and put it on.
Speaker 4: What you got, you got like four different schools. Man knows no just three three loyal He knows no bounce the loyalty knows freet braids up Topma May Pembroke, got fable state on the bottom.
Speaker 3: You my sister, My dad went to They got got an A and M baseball coach from a man Jeff Slas Nagga before he left for Texas.
Speaker 2: He has on A and M jacket right now.
Speaker 3: So I got outs last who got I need some new Texas to so over there so and and then then I got a little TCU baseball.
Speaker 2: Sure my boy.
Speaker 3: Hey man, it's free and it's cold, so you layer up. That is the key to this well, one thing I learned living in Cleveland. The key just is uh layering up. So cowboys just to coaches came by this week here it starts. We got to talk a little everybody. Maddy Flues was the guyybody wanted to everybody wanted a piece.
Speaker 2: Of flu smll. He's that guy. Here's that god.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, defensively, defensively, come on, let us get through it.
Speaker 2: Tried to get through trying to sell us on Mazsi Smith did it? No whit?
Speaker 3: Whoa tell me more? Coaches is trying to sell us on mar Come on.
Speaker 4: So what's what's the new scheme for young Mazie. What are they gonna do different that hadn't been done? No, no, no, no no no no no where no We're no where. We're going somewhere. We're going somewhere, stay with somewhere. What you got explained to the people. Don't know what what could have could era fluse? What could the plan be for young young Maazi?
Speaker 3: Oh that them boys and got some Hopio nah boys and got some hope, A fresh batch ol fresh batch.
Speaker 5: Shot, passed it all out. Pas came down with some opio. The whole crew all the time. If I came in with the hopeing, woe, Jerry with the work got shot. Everybody everybody got that hopeing.
Speaker 3: And so so they're they're hoping for good things for Mossie Smith.
Speaker 2: They're hoping anything they can they can get something out of out of Mossie.
Speaker 3: So I will say this, in my opinion, this is the right thing to do and come out and say everything needs to be one positive right now, Everything needs to be positive. Like hey man, players are in the building right now. There it's their time where they get to be, be where they're gonna be. We talk to guys on the phone. They're looking at tapes, point of attack, you know. With the linebacker coach, I look at point of attack. But he wants to work with the guys. So I asked, even if you got what you need, does the carpenter have his tools?
Speaker 2: That's where he's going. I danced around.
Speaker 3: Everybody would dancing everybody, nobody, nobody, Hey, look, nobody was trying to commit to nothing to nobody, you know. So yeah, but they they they they're trying to talk to you like Mozzie's got something. You know they got going Yeah, so I mean barring an inspirational speech from.
Speaker 2: Your uncle Joe Green. I don't I don't know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: But but hey, once again, in defense of the coaches, this is what you should be saying. Don't come out making any declarate like your boy Rob Ryan when he come in here, saying all this little tough, tough crazy stuff like you know, y'all. In some ways it was gonna let it play out. But they got good things to say about people.
Speaker 2: Louck. I am not one of those ready to just discount and throw Mazzi away. I'm not not.
Speaker 3: He's the first round pick. He's going to be here, year three, he's going to be here. And it's another system, but it's number three, lady. But Mazi needs help, and friends and other people throw bodies at the position. If you want to help. Mattyberfluse to me, heck Mayrison, Barry Church and he scruts players line in fighte you by subscrict game. You need bodies thrown at that position. The Philadelphia Eagles showed you that when they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Get you get your best out of your defensive line, and all the defensive lines I've played with, you had a healthy rotation. You had a couple of guys that are past rush specialists that'll come in there third down we call NASCAR packages. Then you have guys that they're special Their special ability is to hold down the four. They can handle double teams, make sure nobody gets to that second level, and you rotate those pieces going throughout the season. You get the most out of the office or defensive line. Now, when it comes to Mazzie Stiff, I like the positivity.
Speaker 3: I like, you know, feeding your players positivity, getting their confidence in the right direction going into this offseason. And he has played better, you know than when he first started out. You know, he was getting tossed out the club from that Seattle game to you know, these past couple of games this season, he's playing I'm not gonna say he's playing elite, but he's been playing better. So to me, you can get you can get some more out of Mizzi Smith, and I believe ebra Blouse is the type of guy that can get the most out of Mozzi Smith out there.
Speaker 6: But when you talk about you need friends in there as well. You can't just put it all on him. He can't be that guy. That's like, all right, Masi, it's up to you and the crew to get things done.
Speaker 3: Now, you gotta have somebody that can go along with them, play those stunts with him, and that's how I think you get the most out of a Mizzi Smith, And hopefully that's where this defense goes into the offseason.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going to bring back a guy like a The Geezooo.
Speaker 6: I think he might, you know, price his way out and he get a bear contract somewhere else. But you need somebody with that type of skill set to match next to Mizsi Smith, in my opinion, to get the most out of them. You just can't put it all on him and say, Mazsi hold down the four and make sure nobody goes up this middle, because we've seen when that's the case, this team gets gashed.
Speaker 4: Like, let's just be honest, okay, And we've dealt with this being this going into our third season, and what you said about this scheme, the third scheme for him, they're gonna be built in excuses for Mazie. But the truth is, and as you know, Bear's gonna come down to where you were drafted, and if you're a first round draft pick, the responsibility and the onus is going to be ratcheted up times tense.
Speaker 2: He hasn't lived up to that, And.
Speaker 4: I mean, and so playing better is just playing decent and that doesn't fit the first round grade that you have, right, and so that's unacceptable. And we've had defensive court say, okay, he's not a two gap guy, so we can't use him. He's gonna be a penetrate Nascar guy. Okay, he doesn't fit that either. And so we've seen the different combinations of the way that they want to use him, and it hasn't been effective whatsoever. It to me is an attitude adjustment that has to happen. And maybe outside of a speech from Joe Green, you know, outside of you know, injecting some new blood in him, outside of bringing in players that get those competitive fires and juices going for Mazzie, I don't see it being anything different. I mean, and I understand for a coach eber Flus, he can't come out and say, oh man, we're looking for ways to get rid. You know, he can't do that. He has to go who he has. But truthfully, if he's looking at last year's tape like I'm looking at last year's tape, he said, oh my god, we got a problem, okay, and we have to find a way even rotationally, to get in guys that at least can get Mazi's attention. Because even when you bought in a Linvall Joseph, he wasn't even in enough shape to push for the star position. He wasn't either, So you bought in guys like Carlos Watkins that came in later that gave you some some pushing and filled in minutes. But still these are seedless guys at this point in time in their careers, and you can't be expecting to play an A list guy and Mozzie Smith and allow him to fail continuously because of where you're drafted him. And that's what we've been living and dying with on Sundays with him.
Speaker 3: So I think for Cowboy fans, it's time to just make sure this will not be Warren Sap, because Maddie reflues who loves a three technique. This is not This ain't war Sapped, This won't be Joe Green, this won't be John Ramley. He's not that guy. He will not be Russell Maryland. That's not what Mosie Smith is going to be. He's going to be a part of the group, as you talked about it here, part of a rotation.
Speaker 2: You know, if he's thinking of Jackson five, he's Tito.
Speaker 4: It had guitars, smile, somebody else got hes got to be Jane.
Speaker 2: He just gonna be Keito.
Speaker 3: And if he's Tito a part of a rotation that works, and yeah, he had a first round grade and he could just make some contributions, then that's.
Speaker 2: What you should realistically expect.
Speaker 3: But don't look for him to be the next Pro Bowl player that that Will Smith draft. I mean Will Will, but Clay drafted and that's that's okay. I can live with that. Can you just be a contributor on Sundays, a part of a bigger rotation that works. He will not be Jalen Carter.
Speaker 2: Of the Eagles. Okay, that's all right. Can you be a junior Vince Wilford? Maybe that could help.
Speaker 3: That could help, But but I just think it's it's time to just say, hey, man, in the third system, maybe everybody goes, look, man, you go down the list. I tell your body, go go go back and look at any draft class from four years ago. Half these dudes don't make it. Half of them, A good quarter.
Speaker 7: Of them do.
Speaker 2: But it's just that way. And when you get he can still be a contributory. That's my thing. He can still be a contributory here.
Speaker 4: I just feel like when you get it wrong in the first round, because those guys are the ones that you are saying off the bus guys they have to they have to.
Speaker 2: They have to play because of the way that they're paid.
Speaker 4: And when you the last two years, you've reached on picks, and those picks have cost you production wise. If you look around the other thirty one teams, their first rounders are typically day one guys. They're playing, they're producing, whether you know. If they're not, that's when you start to get the whispers of bus guy's not working out, we're looking at other places.
Speaker 2: And especially when you get to the third year.
Speaker 4: After this year, there's gonna be no more discussion, y'all know, come on now, that's fine, this is it, This is it okay. And if you can't and if you're saying you're tito, if Tito fifth round. Tito's a sixth round guy, all right, Tito ain't.
Speaker 2: The first round guy. It is. We're living we're living in it right now. Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: A guy you covered in high school who's a really good player, Solomon Thomas. I was just having a conversation with something about Tolomon Thomas the other day and it's like, you know what, man, you remember Solomon Thomas coming out of all American players. Stanford was number two three pick in the draft. Never that guy. He's still in the league, played with the Jets last year. Still he's a good player. He's Tito, part of rotation. It can happen.
Speaker 4: But he found he found a niche he found what it was that was going to keep him in the NFL. Have we found that? Has Mazzi found that? Is he that run stuffer? Is he the guy that presents pressure in the passing game? Which one is it? Because I didn't found that yet. I love I love that you asked a question. This is the job of this coaching staff. Figure it out.
Speaker 6: And when you look at Flus's defenses, even when he was here in Dallas to Indianapolis to Chicago, his defense, especially the fronts, have always been big movement fronts like gash and penetration. We're gonna run stunts to where that defensive tackle got to cross the face and.
Speaker 2: A linebacker scrape over top of them.
Speaker 3: Do we think that's in Mozzie's game to be able to cross gaps and go from my responsibilities to.
Speaker 2: B gap and two gaps?
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: I don't believe. So nothing. And that's the thing that kind of worries me. I don't believe.
Speaker 3: He's the he's that type of player where he can do a lot of movement and a lot of penetration. I think he's better suited as a guy that's let me hunker down, make sure these guys don't get to the second level and use my strength and if the play comes to me, I can make it. But I don't think he's a guy that, okay, let me two gap here, ab oh, he went to a gap, let me shit and make the play.
Speaker 6: I don't see that because when we talked about Afflusi's defense, he comes from a marinelly tree.
Speaker 3: So it's always about loafing running to the football eleven guys. It's not just one guy. Do we see Mizzie Smith is being that hustler, that guy that you penetrates rundown You don't.
Speaker 2: I don't see that.
Speaker 3: And so therefore, if that is the case, free agency. Okay, salary caps going on, I could be wrong. Move up twenty two minimum twenty two million dollars. So hello free agency.
Speaker 2: But you just asked, you just asked the question.
Speaker 4: You just we're talking about osa Osa Diggi ju and and look his Here's what I think would would have made the eyes on on Mazi a little bit different if if you had a guy that was getting that production, a guy that was tops in the league at the three that he's.
Speaker 2: A hustlers, hustler.
Speaker 4: But but at this point, you know, has he priced himself out when we start talking about what we look at for him? And in ibra Flus's defense, because these two guys are going to play off of each other, and I think even at one A and one B, I don't have one one guy between both of them that I can say I can't I can't do it out either.
Speaker 2: I can't do it out either one of them.
Speaker 4: This is our scheme is going to be generated around him as a player.
Speaker 2: And I mean we got we got prooved throughout the league.
Speaker 4: We got guys like Chris Jones, we got the first Buckner's, we got come on out. We got guys in the league that we can look at them that are making that kind of money, that are having that kind of impact that we don't have here.
Speaker 2: So you just said it, then he's not. We just said one. Neither one, neither one. Neither one, neither one.
Speaker 3: Right from listen listening to what you just said, breaking it down, Heck, Maharson, neither were Diggie zooa Amasi Smith or Worth you saying hey man, let's get you a long term deal, and we think you're going to be the piece, and that's.
Speaker 2: Get I correct, Yeah for sure. Okay, so because I.
Speaker 3: Think the Chrispian what was it twenty four mili for a defensive tackle franchise tag, so it's going to.
Speaker 2: Be twenty plus so and.
Speaker 3: When you do so, when you do the franchise tag, that money counts. That that you know right there counts. Whereas if you signed an Osa Diggi zero to a longer term, you can take the money down real lod in year one, spread it out. So you franchise a guy, you better be really real sure because that money's gonna get tied up. So either you want to do a long term deal with Osa most likely going to Leton, go yeah, and you don't have a contract right now for Michael Parsons that's in place. So there are guys that you use the tag on, okay, because it gives you. It gives you time and leeway to sign an extension. And then there are guys that you just don't waste your time on giving the tag.
Speaker 4: We gave the was it Pollard a couple of years ago. He hurried up to get here to sign it in the paper. Let me sign it in right if you tag? If you tag Osa, Osa will wherever he's vacationing right now now Harry back to sign the tag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm looking at the tag on another Cincinnati with t Higgins right now. I mean it's one of those situations you're like, man, that's that's cold blooded for Cincinnati. The tag a guy that's already been showing you has the time, proof of consistency that you want in a player, and you're gonna tag him again and not allow him to go out there and get the big money. I'm just I'm tired of reaching on players. Basically, I'm tired of the tagger. It's just for tax sake. If there ain't nobody out there to tag keep get tagged, then.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's no tag for a Diggie Zoo.
Speaker 3: No, I would yeam with that. Yeah, I'll spreading that money out. So therein lies the next step to me, it's free agency. If you are at this point in time, you've made the hire of a head coach that the fan base to not get excited about. Okay, this is not where the Chargers hired Jim Harbaugh, and.
Speaker 2: Folks out there are like, okay, okay, super Bowl coach.
Speaker 3: It's the first time head coach and people were like, well he was already here in the building with So if you're going to help him, Brian Schottenheimer and Maddie Refleuch your defense GC, and you wanted to get your fans excited, you need to go to the market and bring people in. Yeah, you need you need to You need to say, look, we're serious and this is what we're trying to do to help our staff. Stop trying to duct tape it. Stop going over here to the discount stores and the bargain being and seeing what's on clearance?
Speaker 2: Go out here free agency first week and go go sign something.
Speaker 6: If what was the last time the boys made a big time.
Speaker 9: The car, big car? If that, if that's the last like I can think of, like Hooker and he came Thursday. I'm just locking load.
Speaker 4: I'm reaching to forgive me saying it is not there. It is not there, and I don't I don't want to lie to myself again to think that they are. And when you say, you know free agency starts, you can't go to the bargain the tag says you don't have any other choice but to go bargain shopping. We're setting We've set ourselves up for another year where the draft is imperative. We can't miss we can't miss on the first round again. We can't bring in another guy that's not going to give us a production. We can't miss on the second round. Got our third and by the way, we don't have a forward.
Speaker 8: But you got Bingo. You know what, you know what it's like their version of t Higgins.
Speaker 2: Friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, let's get it.
Speaker 2: We got to figure this camp out. Man's let's get it. Kid.
Speaker 3: Something that I did hear that I think you all enjoy from one of the assistant coaches. We'll dive into that next. Talk about right here all the players with Heck Harrison, Barry Church on skirts. The show brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristo is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling Problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's onwenty hundred gambl er for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Drum thirty five percent alcohol by volume, Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 10: Of Jack's favorites in a full sized, intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve, no crinkle cut.
Speaker 11: Fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day. Canes rules Raising canes, chicken fingers, one Love Go Cowboys to the players Loud.
Speaker 4: Get a behind the scenes look at all things Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium and the Star presented by seat Geek. Check out the locker rooms, playing field, super Bowl memorabilia, and more. Get your tickets today at Dallas Cowboys dot com slash tours.
Speaker 3: He is Hackedmharrison right now in the building, Barry Church. Please lasnch back to by Aristocratic Game. My daughter send me pictures of Kansas Stay this week. I don't know how you did that.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 4: Hey man, hey, not for loon. It's cold. I just look at your phone and said eighteen. I'm like, wow, that's cold.
Speaker 2: That's cold. She was in single. My classes are canceled. They oh man, that's awesome. Oh man, you see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and your car and you call it. You have to shuffle your car out. That was the first time I've ever had to do that, shovel a car out. I've never had that situation happened in Dallas. Right, shuffle your car out. Okay, she hold frozen?
Speaker 2: Do we do it? Send me pictures from cart like it sounds like a choice. You made a choice to me that I can't go.
Speaker 3: Back to the cold man, can't do it again, never again. So my wife is always she's always telling me about Achron and how you know Akron, Ohio, how cold it is and all this is nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what go back, right, I lived in Cleveland. It's colder right right, But but can't do it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, there's when you watch you remember you ain't seen the salt truck in forever, and remember the little the people who want the dudes who lived in the neighborhood had a little plow up front, and it's yeah, yeah, I mean it's it's it's it's the stuff. But no, this is it's she's you know, it's worse up there. But still it's a choice like I made when the Browns moved.
Speaker 2: So especially when it's colder and there ain't like stuff to do. I can see if it was cold and you can.
Speaker 12: Ski, you you could do other like's just like, yeah, you don't like the cold.
Speaker 3: But I was like, because it's stuff to do, stuff to do, but what it is cold enough snowboarding with the kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, stuff to do.
Speaker 4: Man be cold and cold Manhattan, Kansas, ain't nothing to do. Ain't then some brisket or something out there. Ain't ain't no brisket out there right down and tried it they did. I thought you said, bro Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I told my child.
Speaker 3: From now on, me and Papa John's that's all we're going to your town tidies restaurants. They telling me it's really good, ain't Papa John can messed that up?
Speaker 2: Bring your own season, and you know the best.
Speaker 3: Food that have is the food I could buy that little call hall that I can take on. Yeah, because they got their ground, because they got their own cows, so they their their ground beef. They were all taking home with you and cook it up. But in town nothing restaurants. She ain't gained no freshman fifteen.
Speaker 4: Listen the ladies they have on the other side, on the athletic side, they got all the obay.
Speaker 2: They got all the obey.
Speaker 4: On the other side on that they got old bay over crabbed limbs and steak over there, man, Michael Jordan, picture them kids.
Speaker 2: Everybody's sick over there. Y'all enjoy y'all food. That's that real quick.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's that's how much what it is in all these campuses.
Speaker 2: Yes, damn yeah no, if you athlete, boy, that beating good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, you told me that TC was talking to your son over there. Heard they had crab limbs over there too. Man, come on, they tonny let me eat. One day after steak, I was like, who's transferring from here?
Speaker 2: Play State?
Speaker 3: Be sitting at me, coach be kicking me. Yeah, I think i'mna play that seventh year coach. I'm applied.
Speaker 4: And they were selling all those brothers from the hood. Look y'all eating.
Speaker 2: Who must take.
Speaker 4: Way too mistake because anybody ever hast we'll bring it back. We're putting all different talking about Man, you don't have to take that to your room. You can always come back against. I said, I'm gonna do that too. I'm leaving with something, leaving with.
Speaker 2: Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Assistant coaches met with the media this week and uh and then it's being the case. The form offensive line coach of Wildcats is now down here said they plan to be a physical offensive line. Clayton Adams is the offensive coordinator former offensive lind head coach over the Arizona They are they are talking about preaching being a physical football team up front. They are going to be committed to running the ball. I know it's what it sounds like, but you know what, Church, it was something we never heard or saw Mike McCarthy do this commitment to run the football. Let's be physical upfront. They realize this is division right now. You better control the line. If you don't control the line against Philadelphia and Washington, you're in trouble. You got to win this division. If you forget trying to talk Super Bowl you how do you win this division?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 3: With these two teams here, and we know what these two teams are doing. They're trying to play in the trenches, and the Cowboys have to meet the challenge.
Speaker 2: So when I heard that, at least to me, that was a good idea. I know it's what you're saying right now, you need to see actions, But at least I like what they're saying.
Speaker 3: And they're saying this is coming from Schottenheimer, and they're all buying into it. They all got the hopium shot. Everybody out here drinking the kool aid and they saying it, and doogg on it. If you're a Cowboy fan to be, that's that's good. Now we're talking about the tools. I don't know about the tools right now. They had to ford a run game all on the offensive line. But at least you're talking about now, go go hey, Will McLay free once again, friend, let's go fill it. Let's go fill out. But at least you have a vision. Starts with a vision. Okay, at least we have a vision. We want to be physical. Okay, we want to we want to win the trenches. Now how do you do it? That's the next thing. But at least you have the vision of what it is you want to be man. All these all these guys are saying the right things. You see Flues talking about we getting Masie right. Yeah, you know you got coming down from shot night. When we're going to run the football. We're going to be a physical team. And we saw teams Cowboys teams in the past when they're physical. You know, that's the best teams that you have.
Speaker 6: But we've heard the same thing from mister Mike McCarthy when he was talking about we're gonna run the football, and we did the exact opposite thing.
Speaker 2: So I hear a lot like you said words. You know, they can play a little bit here.
Speaker 3: I gotta see these actions because when you look into this division, the Eagles front seven offensively and.
Speaker 2: Defensively outstage is good. Team is bad.
Speaker 3: They killing people, They killing Washington. You still got the Bama boys up there.
Speaker 2: DQ.
Speaker 3: He's gonna reload, Yeah, killing Dady killing people. Gotta find a way to be physical. But for me, we hear this physical talk all the time. I just don't think this team will be patient enough to ride the run. But you at least have to recognize it. You do, you know, and at the first until you got it that you got a problem, right before you had what was you do?
Speaker 2: Twelve step? Think got first thing that you got a problem.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you got a sixty million dollar quarterback and you gotta what thirty five thirty eight million dollar wide receiver.
Speaker 2: I don't think this team is gonna be patient enough to sit there.
Speaker 6: Let's run, run, run, and you know, play action here and there. I don't see this team being that. How okay, how do you help that sixty million dollars? Oh that's an I'm with you one hundred percent. You run the football, I'm with you one hundred percent. Because the last coach wasn't really trying to do that. At least this coach recognizes and at least he says he does. Yeah, well, but what is Shoddy's history been?
Speaker 2: He's done that?
Speaker 3: I mean so, so at least I know I'm not lying to me. He's at least done it. He's at least admitted he wanted to do it. You know, you talk to guy like lt wearing the ball, so you could be committed to it, you know, when it's happening, when it's ten carries for twenty one yards, will will you be committed to it?
Speaker 2: But that was Mike though Mike was Mike was always that way. Yeah, I'm going to the past. Will you go back to it? Like? Man, it's run ain't working, it's on you four. I don't know, so.
Speaker 4: I am, I am, I'm look, here's at that. I don't that sounds like bulljob to me. Okay, let's just let's just call it right and if we're gonna know what okay, because here we here's the deal. We we we arrived back to this. We'll ride back to the same place each and every year. What we're telling ourselves we got to be physical clouded us. And then we get out there on Sunday and da'strowing the ball forty times.
Speaker 3: The different regime. No, it's the big regime. Okay, okay, make okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But but.
Speaker 4: Just say our God, bron make make But you know, I mean you panting out the bar.
Speaker 2: He wanted out the problem. But where's the solution.
Speaker 4: And if you're telling me that ric o' dadel in some ways something, come on, let's go back to what we have in.
Speaker 2: The cupboard, because we can't deviate from what we have.
Speaker 4: If you're telling me Tyler goydon okay, if you mentioned he was mentioned, Okay.
Speaker 2: So here's a positive guidance. Yes, no, you go ahead.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is when you point out about Philadelphia, when you point out about the command, you know what you have coming, all right, And the best way to nullify that is to be physical. You can't play for Nest Football against Philly anymore.
Speaker 2: They're not there. They are built to bruise, all right.
Speaker 4: And if you don't run the ball, if you can't run the ball, I eat the super Bowl in Kansas City, what do they do? They are going to make life hell for you and your quarterback that you're paying all this money to. He's not gonna be successful when Dak stands up and say, oh.
Speaker 2: We're close, We're right there. You know we're right there.
Speaker 4: All those guys, I've had a lot of time, proof and consistency of beating them, Dak. Times changed and you saw it with your own eyes. Times have changed. And if you can't fix your offensive line, you have more problems coming to you than you know that it's going to start up front.
Speaker 2: Heckma, I love the passion. I love the passion, and I like the fact that you are skeptical. You should be sca because we hear we've been told a lot around Okay, sold the whole lot with.
Speaker 3: That good friend, electorro McNeil says, Hall of Fame speaker. You must see things as they are, which is what I think they're doing. We don't run the ball, see things as you think they are. We want to be a physical football team. We want to commit to run and then make them the way you see them.
Speaker 2: These are the steps that you must do, because.
Speaker 3: We all know order for you to try to at least try to compete in this division, you're gonna have to do it.
Speaker 2: There's still steps to be taken.
Speaker 3: I for one, am not sold on what they bringing back last year's group at all.
Speaker 2: There needs to be stuff done.
Speaker 3: I did ask the running back coach, I mean the offensive line coach about DJ Giddings and running back of case, because there's a bunch of running backs available deep.
Speaker 2: Learn tech gotta run back. Caroline to run back. He was too hurt.
Speaker 3: I went him playing. Actually wasn't at K State Oklahoma State game last year. Yes, and the kid from K State I played, Oli Gordon.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's probably hurt last year.
Speaker 3: But but but still there's there are people in Arizona State. Guy, you know that they're scatter. There are players there. They at least recognized. And that to me is where I don't think Mike gave us. I think Mike lip serviced it. But then you just go back to his career. He never ran the ball. It wasn't what he did. Shody at least has all right. We got to get a break in here, and boy, I tell you you get too hard.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying no positive, Heck, I'm still here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Eagle's broken hurts because of that year.
Speaker 2: Broke.
Speaker 4: Broke said that man, I might need a little resuscitation from the Eagles winning the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That might be what it is. Thank you for pointing that out.
Speaker 3: You did say NFC East team against Kansas City super Bowl. You did say to beginning, but.
Speaker 2: You picked your Maine. But it was mic.
Speaker 3: Heck Maharison Very plays last by Rich Crag gave me.
Speaker 7: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store? Letter Rip Troy, All.
Speaker 14: Right, folks, don't get started with the Yeddy French Press and joor coalby this Day's hot Friurs and French Press thirty four for six four for the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs and wersale waterproof, Devil's waterprove bag bags sports most of the water sho you get a waterprooved Yetti bag. You dont smell something cooking new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipe. You take a steak, corn back commerce pop pine and potatoes next over well three sizes of Yetty cast iron.
Speaker 7: Skillers, gear, gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square. Today life is.
Speaker 13: A workout Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients of the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 15: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Slides for the first down.
Speaker 15: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rooking crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 15: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: To the players loud rip the Cowboys in style all year long.
Speaker 4: Find the best gear at a pro shop near you, or shop online at shop dot dllas Cowboys dot Com a fanatics experience all of this.
Speaker 2: Pro shop go get you something. Got some fly gear too, mer pro shop, go get you some you know cost you little might cost you. It's gonna call, it's gonna cast you. Tell them about that discount rate code. What's the code? Hey? Yo?
Speaker 12: Thank you? He got the whoa hundred hundred? Hit that out?
Speaker 2: You don't keep it?
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 2: You keep it down? You had to duck out doubles you to discount. But we know you, we know you. Hey, American.
Speaker 4: Know you ain't rolling the paid one hundred full right shop online.
Speaker 2: Given the discount discount double, you know, put it heck like that's gonna gonna get your two percent. You gotta know people that know people. He ain't eve getting free shipping. They're gonna charge you for that everything. But I thought that can exactly normally that's what people do. Hey, give me this coat.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, when you're in boxing me, I'm gonna tell you it's held up at the dock.
Speaker 2: Put in the coat like you.
Speaker 16: Ain't at all. It's a cod world cold rooted.
Speaker 15: Up.
Speaker 3: You know, I forgot what man showed up with the rooted shirt.
Speaker 4: Boy had to root it one shirt on the rudy shirt on man, Lord, please tell me I say shot, I'm shiny.
Speaker 3: Please don't be like the last coaches out here with these shirts and slogan.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 6: So that's like a you gotta come up with a slogan, deal man.
Speaker 3: Because everybody Garrett had his what was fight Willian's technically garretts the fight was the program that was a pro then different iteration with the seventeen inches one Yeah, then it was all little different things all the time. You know, get after that, you know the guato. Then Mike had his car baby car baby omnia and rooted. What's that all resulted? And not not a darn thing. I ain't gonna Okay, don't resonate them unless you got one. It susists super old bound. I mean stop it. Just just put on the Cowboys shirt and go.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. Are you good? Dear shot? You don't put anything out there, Just get right the team to work.
Speaker 4: Don't come with rooted, don't give something else planet out at all.
Speaker 2: This last dance, the last shirt up.
Speaker 4: See that's what that's when it happened. That's what the positivity. You see what I'm saying every way out too long? Man, See what I'm saying every time I come in? Now you just laughing me out the door. Remember that rooty shirt?
Speaker 2: Where is that? Oh? You one got you?
Speaker 13: You like.
Speaker 2: Cold code? Heck? How you know that? So they sold to the public, said they sold to them. I got a rooted shirt, y'all, ain't get a rooted shirt? What hey? Man to to endorse? Hey?
Speaker 3: You paid no free to endorse to you know, be all in another one. That's another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Then that didn't jive. You know, it happened. They had this Cleveland games like this is it?
Speaker 2: Oh you really? Then all showed up after the Cleveland and the didn't have tackles.
Speaker 3: We said, good, good, but they don't know tackles, no tackles.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah. By the way, Cowboy Nation was a bit harsh on Lawrence Taylor. Oh well, t sunny.
Speaker 3: Why do they get salt yet, said Michael Parsons less less podcasts. We're playing went at the l TS personal issues while he was playing because we miss games. Did miss miss miss many games because because he wasn't available.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: You know that's going he was in Aspen word l T.
Speaker 3: Like I said, man out of pot, cowboy cowboy name. We're not trying to hear Lawrence Taylor criticized Michael Parsons about not playing, you know, about about games, considering that he had a lot of substitutes issues during his time. They did not want to hear that from him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and that there are ways, Look, there really are ways to get through. And I think Lawrence Taylor is one of those players that generationally you could come back to is dominant, you know, off.
Speaker 2: The off the field.
Speaker 4: Obviously those are documented, you can come back to those. But times have changed so much, man, from from the from the old school guys to the new school guys, and a lot of guys's they don't listen to it.
Speaker 2: It's like they don't they don't care.
Speaker 4: About that, especially when they hear about some of the off the field things. But there's something to be learned in this whole split between generations because I think as players now you see guys controlling their own narratives.
Speaker 2: It's more about it. It's more than just the field now, which.
Speaker 4: Branding is, branding is all those other things they go into it. And when I look at Michael Parsons, truly, man, he probably grew up in an everywhere DeMarcus Ware was the guys that he's watching, guys like that, right and exactly so those are the guys that can speak to him that he would understand directly as players. And I think when he hears that from Lawrence Taylor's like, you don't get it, you don't understand. But what I love about Michael is we're not hearing about off the field issues from him, all right, but we do want to play.
Speaker 2: To go up to activity thank god, there's no authority. Yeah, so I was.
Speaker 3: I was talking to research at least and Milly yesterday. She brought up a very good point about gen Z. She's just now they have more choices than ever. And if you're talking about trying to build a brand, you're talking about just what you can do outside of football. A player of Michael Parson's talent has the more choices, and so he's gone the podcasting round.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelsey has gone the podcasting you got I'm on Saint Brown. There's a lot of when how he long played.
Speaker 3: You're too young to remember this, but you remember how we long used him off day to tape inside the NFL segments on HBO as he was getting ready for his career before Greg Olsen ended up leaving. Greg Olsen went into the television booth to work on things. So and all three were good players. Michael Parsons is still playing at a Pro Bowl level. Okay, he was hurting miss games this year, but he operated at almost say all pro level, but made the Pro Bowl in miss numerous games. I am not that concerned about it as other people are, as Lawrence Taylor is. If the guy was not producing then maybe you'd say something, we're not talking about a guy like Mazzie Smith, where you're saying, okay, we use his pick on you.
Speaker 2: He gab, but where are you at?
Speaker 3: That's not Michael Parsons is a difference maker on the football field.
Speaker 2: Overall, the team just needs to win more games.
Speaker 3: But I don't look at Michael Parlan saying you know what, Oh my gosh, you're the problem. Or if Michael stopped doing his podcas has all of a sudden, his game would go ten more levels.
Speaker 4: I don't know I've asked you this, but Barry, did you have any mentors when you were in the league, like guys that you know, professional league that were either playing or out of the league that you talked to to just deal with maybe personal financial.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you got so.
Speaker 6: For me, it was Terrence Newman when I first got here, and the guy Gerald Senseiball.
Speaker 2: Who we talk about all the time, and.
Speaker 6: And those guys back when I first got in it was kind of tunnel vision football like it was. It was right before kind of social media blew up and guys started doing this brand stuff.
Speaker 2: You didn't have.
Speaker 6: Everything with football football, and that's what they helped me, you know, sharpen my craft and get better at I wish I had a you know, a guy. I was like, you need to think thing about this outside of the ball or that, or you know how Greg Olsen got into it.
Speaker 2: That would be you know, that would be pretty dope in my opinion.
Speaker 6: And Michael Parsons is taking advantage of it because he knows NFL.
Speaker 3: And also make sure you understand what is the pecking order when you're doing it. Michael Parsons is the first round draft by the team, who the owner loves, who is playing a position where he's on TV a lot because he's getting to the Quarterbrock yep. So you can do that. It's kind of hard to do that if you are Austin Richards and you're a backup tackle or brock Hoffman at the backup center. You have to be in a position to do this. To take advantage of some of these things. I mean, God bless Jason Kelsey. The him doing the podcast is really a lot because of his brother. Here's Travis dating homegirl and so now touch it down.
Speaker 2: You get to ride up in here too.
Speaker 3: But how many offensive centers in the NFL are able to go out here and do chunky super commercials and do podcasts like that. So things have to align. You've got to have the choices and be in the right position. So anyway, it is what it is. But you know what the cowboy assistant coaches everybody right now is take this with you cowboysman. They are in a line with what the head coach is saying. The head coaches hire people who believe in his vision and they're going to try to execute it.
Speaker 2: Let us see now to get ready for the combine.
Speaker 3: It starts to happen as you get ready for free agency. What they do to help the coach and the coaching staff. And that comes from.
Speaker 2: Gerald Wayne Jones, President, general manager of the team. Maherrison positive, he positive.
Speaker 3: Next week, come on, we'll go see the coaches. The coach is gonna give some of that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be right. We're gonna be singing the Doobie Brothers.
Speaker 4: Keep you run, don't do that, can't keep you run here, you gonna start running, that's me.
Speaker 2: Come on, heck, that's sure.
Speaker 4: Strut from Chris Josh, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club