Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season to eighty six, episode one of Daly's I Guys Stay production of ByHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast where.
Speaker 1: We take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it is Monday, May eight, twenty twenty three May.
Speaker 2: May May, May May the fourth be with you.
Speaker 1: There you go maye uh wait.
Speaker 2: Hold on, ask you know it is? It is a real thing. Wait? No, is it?
Speaker 1: What's today?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 1: Seven?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: May eighth? Why is my Okay? This is so funny. The thing I normally use to find the days of the month is being very very tricky.
Speaker 1: With Oh count is on your keyboard to get to eat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and on my fingers someway wait with us. Today it's World Ovarian Cancer Day, International Pallasamia Day. I might not be getting that right, World Red Cross Day, Time of Remembrance and Reconciliation, National Student Nurse Day, National Women's Check Day, National Habit Cake Day, National Coconut Cream Pie Day. Get it off, you get all those.
Speaker 1: Things, get them, get some. My name is Jack O'Brien aka. I wish you would go and take that pledge, my friend, you could swear by with your life. King Chuck, you will defend. And if you just touched that TV with your hand, you're now King's man. That is courtesy of Christi Yama. Gucci Man had to bring it back to yamaguch after yesterday's Akad that just you know, declared war on him. From right to post, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gras like.
Speaker 2: Miles Gray and shout out to the teachers, because well, actually math, because a little bit of calculuss in my life, a little trigonometree by my side, a little bit of Bonazi's all I need? A little inequalities. Would I see a little bit of lambda in the sun, A little bit binary all that long? A little probability here, right am? A little square root two? Well, where's the list? Square root two makes me your man? Radical two? Badana ant than antam? Anyway, that was mambo number five. But we're talking about math, and I was talking about math songs. Shout out pat on the discord for that one.
Speaker 1: I mean that seems straight up ripped from a cool math teachers less and lesson plan.
Speaker 2: I know it sounds like you guys ready for this.
Speaker 1: One, and my cool.
Speaker 2: Math teacher I mean, like that's what he calls himself. Did I tell you I had my geometry teacher. We would wear a shirt that had the square root sign it said get radical, Like it would just have the radical sign and it would just say get with the square root symbol. And He's like, get radical, right, guys.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that piece of math terminology.
Speaker 2: Radical two like this that likes check mark. You didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that shit.
Speaker 2: You know, math nerd Jack? What the fuck?
Speaker 1: I did? Good in geometry too, that's crazy. Also good in geometry in Kentucky and yeah, yeah, who knows how how that holds up outside of the rest of the world. Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a writer, producer, host behind Vogues, Breathless column Swedever on Viceland, Stars is Now Apocalypse, and the new podcast Sanctum on mask Please welcome to this show, Cartly Shortina.
Speaker 3: So much. I'm honored to be on the pod, honestly.
Speaker 1: Honored to have you honor us with your presence. What's good? How are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm great. I just walked my jog now I'm sitting here my house. You know, being a writer. This is what being a writer is, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just sitting at home, being a slab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what part of what part of the Where are you at? What part of earth are you coming to us from?
Speaker 3: I recently moved to Laurel Canyon. Where do you guys live?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, yeah, yeah, addresses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my address is one one two zero Street.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I'm right there. Yeah, I'm right there in the valley. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah. I lived in the valley for a long time. I'm close, I'm close.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I missed like I like the big parking lots, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, parking is you know, that's the thing we got. We're not fighting over parking spots, and we never have that thing where we're put off by going somewhere in the valley because there's no parking. People are just usually put off by coming to the valley in general, sadly, but this is my home.
Speaker 1: And Carly, your new show is about a LA based sex club. It's about La about the sanctum which is not spelled leg it's pronounced but yeah, it is a really really cool story. Eyes Wide Shut was real there for a number of years basically. Yes.
Speaker 3: So it's about the sex club called Sang Dam which launched in twenty three teen, and it was this this guy Damon Wanna was a million dollars in debt. He watched It's the classic story. He was up late one night, couldn't sleep, watched Eyes Wide Shot. You know, the iconic sex team, the Illuminati Sex Party. Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, baby did a bad, bad thing. That was in the trailer. I remember for yes, that was just.
Speaker 1: That one singular ic piano key. This is how I wake my children up in the morning, the day has begun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's He watched that and he was like, that would be cool if that existed. You know, there's like all these terrifying powerful men like wearing masks, sleeping with models and with like weird ominous chanting in the background, Like maybe I should make that exist. And then he actually did it. And I mean at the club's peak in twenty sixteen, the most expensive yearly membership was four hundred and twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Jeez. So it's just got out of debt, got out of that million dollars that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just like billionaires and celebrities like LARPing Game of Thrones, like blood Oats, Initiation, ritual sex, Parny, Beverly Hills, Hollywood messiness. If you're in that, that's the long line.
Speaker 2: No, it's you got my attention. Anytime it's people LARPing that kind of wild suit, it's always interesting to see people like act out whatever weird sordid fantasies they have in their minds and like fully come I mean not in say like and that's great for them. I love that for them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when billionaires go LARPing, people get hurt.
Speaker 2: Usually Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We're LARPing this film the most Dangerous Game. Would you like to come out to my island that I own for the weekend? Yeah, but that's cool. It's crazy story. We're thrilled to have you. People should go check it out. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about, and we'll just flag anytime a story comes up that features people who are probably at Sanctum at that time. Uh, Fox news ding ding ding ding ding ning ing, Maybe not. They might not have been actually cool enough to get in, but maybe Tuger Carlson made an appearance. But anyway, they're just more leaked videos of what he was like off camera, which is again just as fuck. It's unsurprising. We'll just say, we'll get into the details. We'll tell you. The World Health Organization has announced COVID is over. Yeah, just like that, that's good news. Well, we're not going to talk about anything. Are just gonna let everybody know COVID is over.
Speaker 2: I was literally next to somebody's like, yeah, my wife got COVID. I'm I'm I'm kind of worried maybe I have it too, And I was like looking at them, Okay, I'm asked, glad, I'm masked. I'm masked the fuck up. But yeah, cool, Like it ain't over, but hey, sure, let's move on.
Speaker 1: And then the military is really pissing off the people who kid rock. They're coming for kid rock. They they announced a recruitment campaign with an active duty drag queen who performs under the name Harpy Daniels and Harpy Daniels is one of five people tapped to be one of the their digital ambassadors, and people are like what No, No, not my navy, and that's my navy exactly in the Navy, in the military, just in general. So we'll we'll talk about what they're being forced to ignore in order to scare up some outrage about this one Guardians that we'll talk about, then we'll get to the real news. Guardians of the Galaxy three features Marvel's first person saying fuck, oh shit, dude, what you said?
Speaker 2: People say that we're gonna get in trouble?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: God did he just say? If U c K?
Speaker 1: So they're they're talking about that and being cool all that plenty more. But first, Carly, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: I just looked. There's two. These are the two things I was searching last night. One of them is probably more on brand, the other. One of them is David Gardner Live Tyler because I wanted to know how tall Live Tyler's husband was. His name is David Gardner, I don't know. And one of them is who founded porn Hub, which was I was doing research and it's a guy named Matt Keezer you were wondering, and he's someone who looks like he founded porn hub. He fits the aesthetic Bill nice.
Speaker 1: What is that look? And tail? I'm picturing something I want to see If I'm right, he give me a descript.
Speaker 3: He's like kind of nerdy.
Speaker 2: He kind of looks like he'd be like Sandler's cousin or something.
Speaker 3: He looks like the kind of like if you were going to cast a sitcom and you're like, he plays the guy that lives next door that they find annoying.
Speaker 2: It's like that guy who's in the next door. He's annoying because he's starting, like he's got all these servers at his house because he's starting a massive porn website.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. He looks like he could be a character in Silicon Valley kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, that's about things he's wrench Are you Are you obsessed with like celebrities heights and like relative heights to their partners?
Speaker 1: Is that something that you find yourself googling frequently?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: Like I think a problem I have when watching television shows is that I have to watch them twice because I get obsessed with, like, oh, that actor, like what are they, where were they born? And who are they married to? And how tall? Is their partner?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, do.
Speaker 3: You care that might be a girl thing?
Speaker 1: No? I do find it, always find it interesting. Is there someone that you have come across? First of all, I think this is the thing that we need a Wikipedia that is like a trustworthy source for actor, because I don't think the information on the Internet is actually not usually correct. I think it is a publicist screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's self reported, you know what I mean. Yeah, we're not here for that. Who are some past celebrities that you've you like, you've had done some research into their heights? Who else has piqued your interest in that department?
Speaker 3: Just the other day, I was googling Jennifer Lawrence height and it says she's five to nine, and then you get like deep into it where people are fighting, and it's like, no, she's not actually five nine. People are like, she's like max five seven and a half. And I think that's true. But there's this famous photo of her standing next to Jody Foster like giving it when I get the Oscars or something giving an award, and jo she Jody Foster looks like she must be like four ten, And so the high discrepancy is so scary. Like, did you ever see that picture of Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars next to each other? No, it went viral because he's like half the size of her. Yeah, so sometimes it's you gets all, oh fuck right right right right, But it's like, so okay, so related. This is something I find really funny.
Speaker 2: Wait, Bruno Mars'.
Speaker 1: A small person. I've seen him in person. He was actually on the flight when I like flew out to LA to like move here we he he was in first class with his little Fedora had on and.
Speaker 2: It's oh, my f five.
Speaker 3: He's a short ging.
Speaker 2: He's hot though, five five, with brown eyes, smile like the sunrise.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, it's not even like one of those ones like the picture with the bidens and the carters where right the camera like this he is in the foreground and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm this picture is that's all oh shit, that's why he's like that. He's got that Tom Cruise ship, you know what I mean, where like his energy is way bigger than his like measurable height. Because I remember, like to your point, Carly, the first time I saw Tom Cruise in person, that's when I was like, yo, they're fucking around like they got. They got me thinking this man was six three and I was like I remember being like sixteen, towering over him. I was like, okay, what's a tom cruise?
Speaker 1: Tom cruise? Tall King. They start with the same sounds for a reason. The the I still have this weird thing where I went to a movie premiere. The only movie premiere I think I've ever been.
Speaker 2: To was four.
Speaker 1: I forget the name of it. I'll look up the name of it. But Will Smith was there, or somebody who I thought was Will Smith, and everyone that's Will Smith, that's Will Smith. It was like it was definitely Will Smith, but he was like five ten maybe. Like I walked out, I was like, wait, Will Smith is like much shorter. I thought he was like six two six' one, and like I walked up behind him, I was much taller than him, and I'm, you know, just a little bit over six foot, like right around six foot one, and then everyone swears up and down. And even when I talked to people who have met Will Smith, they're like, no, he's sick too, So I don't know what did you do? I didn't like so close, So maybe there's just like something weird about. I mean, I was. I was going through a period where I was wearing lifts so in my timberlins.
Speaker 2: So you're like Ron DeSantis when he wears those cowboy boots everywhere to give him an extra two inches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think.
Speaker 3: It's because we expect them to be larger than life celebrities, and when you see them there and they're short, it's like there's like the world under your feet is like shaky suddenly.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, but it helps you feel better too, You're like, oh good, that's right. This guy is just he's a normal person, like I'm not. Everyone's some kind of like cinematic giant.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bruno Mars reads short though, Like when I see him on TV, I'm like, that is a short person, Like he just like has that energy can go like both ways. But even like when I saw him the one time I walked past him on a staircase, he like his even though he's short. The thing that hits you is not his how short he is. It's like just his that he's scientillowing and hovering above the ground, just like crazy energy about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's his thing. He makes everybody feel like the only person in the room. Yeah, and that's like anyone who's crossed paths are like, wow, he's just like really talkative and like really really engaging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there were some celebrities at Sanctum. Let's just hit a list of names. Who are we talking here?
Speaker 3: Well, lawyers like to say, we can't say anything, you know, as we are iHeart partners they are, So they were I mean, I know they're just doing their job, but we would write the script of the podcast and like any reference of anybody, they were like no. And even if it was like, I mean there's been I think I can say this like reported like in so many publications that like when Paul Drow was there and Bill Maher was there, and we were like, can we just say reported everywhere on earth? These people were there and they were like no, So you can some googling.
Speaker 1: Have some good news. I mean, Legal Heart doesn't listen to our podcast, so you can say.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, I'm really looking at a Daily Mail piece. Gwyneth Paltrow approved sex club sanct Paltro approved sex Club, making it away from LA to New York and the Hamptons with kickoff party during fashion Week. This is before all the shit came out. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the the strategy with this podcast, as we put out so many episodes that legal can't listen to them all.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we got that from Steve Bannon. Flood the zone with shit.
Speaker 1: Flood the zone with shit. What is what's something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Yoga?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just think it's like expensive stretching, like pretentious expensive stretching. I just like feel like people who do yoga think they're very in shape, and I don't think they are. Like I think that it's not sighs like, I think it's fine. I think we just shouldn't. It's to haul it exercise. We should say you're stretching.
Speaker 2: It's like a body maintenance practice, right, more about centering yourself. I say that as someone who's so stiff that when I start doing home I'm like, fuck this stuff, man. But I do, but I do attempt it pretty much like every other week because my I feel like my hips they're getting they're getting too tight.
Speaker 1: You famously have honey your hip smiles.
Speaker 2: I have honey my hips jack, but they still get tight despite the honey. You know. I think it's because I'm not dancing enough. That's what I need to do. I need to get hippie dancing, get the bees back working in the hive, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No, exactly what you mean. Yeah, it's interesting because I feel like we don't like I I definitely am just discovering stretching, Like I just didn't stretch for my entire life up to this point. And therefore, when like I can reach down and touch my knee, that's like as far as I can bend. But like I'm no starting to stretch. Yes, I don't need a yoga class because I just like printed out some stretches on a piece of paper and just you use that. But it is like very American to be like you you're either like not paying attention to stretching at all or it's like that's all you need, just like all in this is a lifestyle now right now?
Speaker 2: Is how much is a yoga class? Though?
Speaker 3: Oh? There No, you can do yoga to the people, which is like free, right. I remember they had that in New York, but I think probably like twenty five dollars. I don't know, twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I don't go I don't. Yeah, yeah, that's why. I mean, like, that's why, like anytime I've done it, I'm just like YouTube, there we go, there's a yoga class right there for free.
Speaker 3: I just don't like the aesthetic. I don't like the attitude. I don't like you know what I mean, I don't like the community.
Speaker 2: Like also, it's not right. It's not so much the practice, it's the what what it brings out of people that you notice.
Speaker 3: The Yoga extended universe. Yeah, I am not like I'll pass on that one.
Speaker 2: Is it the woo woo? Is it the woo woo aspect of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's some of it too, Just like I don't know, I think that for me exercise, I mean, the thing is I shouldn't care, but there's some reason I find it off putting. I kind of so like in a way that I find like burning Man is sort of in the Yoga Extended Universe a little bit like swingers are in the Yoga Extended Universe, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh so like if this is the Avengers, these are the people that come out of the portal, Like it's like the yoga people, the Burning Man people, the other woo woo crystal lovers and things like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, crystal lovers are like spider Man, like they're their core to the yoga extend ye portal.
Speaker 2: You got to have that salt lamp in there too. Maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like in polyamorous relationship.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you want to hear some interesting theories about the pandemic and vaccines, just hit up a yoga class and just.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've like gone back around for me, like so like left their right, that kind of person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you turn left enough, you're on the right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. And I don't think men should be that flexible either. I I one time guy who is a yoga teacher, and I was like, freak me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty good, all right, Well.
Speaker 2: Above my head. See that's the one thing I can do. That's how I that's that's why I just brought my leg above my head. That was the one thing I do to protect, like to check in with my body. And when it does that, I'm like, I don't need to go to the doctor like I did that. I'm good good, let me just check. Yeah we're good here, Miles. A heart attack you have? You have these lesions all over your body that you can't stop scratching at. I'm like, that's fine, but I can get my leg above my head.
Speaker 1: Man look like ability. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also there's like yoga, these like little black spots on my wall in the bathroom and whenever I breathe in there, it gets a little work, it gets weird and I cough it up. But anyway, I get my leg behind doing good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have I have a friend who's like super yoga, like really into it. Has been like telling me about it for years, trying to get everybody into it. Was like in a yoga magazine and also had to have like hip surgery from all the yoga that they do. So yeah, my cousin.
Speaker 2: My cousin went from like Asu madman on campus to Linen Yoga man.
Speaker 1: Linen Yoga mad man. Yeah, he's like campus yo.
Speaker 2: It's hits wild though. His energy he like he has an energy about him though it's wild. Like ever since he like switched it up to the yoga thing, Like he'll walk in and like he the attention that he gets like in subtle ways is really interesting. I'm like he's he he's kind of yeah, he's vibrating at another level. But he know he fucks with.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I do feel like though, that's if you're if you're starting your like version of the Branch Davidians or whatever, like, you would probably want to hit up a yoga class, that would be a good place to start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're real followers.
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this show, I don't know if it's underrated. I just think it's like underappreciated, underwatched. There's this show that I think is the special Intellivision. It's called Couple Therapy. Have you ever heard of it? H one on VH one, No, it's on It's on Showtime Hulu.
Speaker 2: Oh there was a VH one shows a reality show called Couple's Therapy. I feel like back in the day, that's when I was like, yeah, that shit was wild. Yeah, twenty twelve is when that first season came out of that shit.
Speaker 3: Really, So it's basically that that's what it is. It's it's couples in Therapy. It is yes, and it is fucking insane. So it's like you think it will be. It's basically the way it's is. It doesn't feel like it's like a documentary, not a reality show because it's these couples go in, there's a therapist, and it just for them. They're just walking into a regular therapist office. All the cameras are hit. They know they're they've agreed to be filmed, but all the cameras are hidden, like in the wall and the lamp and the desk, so they now you know, when you can just tell people are aware of the camera. You watch reality shows like these people never interact with a camera and the whole process of filming, so they really do kind of forget. And it's so fucking riveting because you just start to realize, like everybody has the same problems, Like we all have the same issues. Every couple is the same, so you kind of feel like you're in therapy. But I've touch a couples who've watched it together and they're like, it's triggering.
Speaker 2: So I would say it's triggering. And we've also never gone to couple's therapy, So we're gonna avoid this show to bring any awareness to our relationship.
Speaker 1: Why would you need to? You got the Showtime show a couple.
Speaker 2: My health regimen. Every day I lift my leg above my head. I watch one episode of couples therapy, and I'm good. It's every bet Every single couple's problem is probably reduced down to this, people not voicing their needs and then letting that fester and then it manifesting into other issues because of a lack of communication. I feel like that's one of the biggest problems most couples experience for like a lot you know.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's well put like condensed. Yeah, I mean it's true or yeah, or like suppressing. And also I think like lack of self examination for some So it's like, what is that quote where it's like, the unexamined.
Speaker 1: Life is not worth living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's something like unexamined. It's something like the unexamined, unexamined issues like become the puppeteer of your life. That's not what it is. But it's some young end quote where it's like, if you don't process something, it will actually just control you when you won't realize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: And I think there's a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Virtually, that is not a problem I deal with. The only problem ideal with I'm always yelling nothing's wrong, everything's fine. Why does everybody keep asking me that? But I'm good over here, So, yeah, I don't need therapy of any sort.
Speaker 2: Well, it like it becomes a problem if you dwell on it. That's why keep telling my mom, I keep thinking about it, then it is a problem. Don't you see that? Oh geez, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just trying to manifest here by ignoring my problems. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about Fox News. And we're back, And so the Tucker Carls and leaks keep coming. These are just again it's like textural. It's like getting to see what he's like when he doesn't think the camera's one and or.
Speaker 2: When he's talking about how white men should should actually fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this isn't This is not how white men fight. No, but this one is more about how he is about women around women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we talked about like why, like what was what's with the firing, you know, like what exactly is going down? And with the amount of these leaks that are coming out, they're sort of underscoring just how fucking gross this set is and how like misogynistic and sexist he is and just like says whatever to whoever. It sort of gives credence to you know his former booker who is suing because saying like I was subjected to a fucked up, hostile workplace and at the top was Tucker Carlson, basically like he was the one dictating all of this. And so these videos have been coming out and again they're just sort of they're just proof basically like, oh right, this, what the fuck is this? I'll just play the latest video for you from the set where he's asking he's he's like he's getting his makeup done on camera and he's asking the makeup artist a personal question. As he puts it, I.
Speaker 1: Ask your question.
Speaker 5: We don't have to answer. It's personal speaking of you, but more in general, with ladies when they go to the ladies room and powder their noses, is there actually nose powdering going on? Sometimes? What times the pillow fights ever break out? You don't have to, Okay, that'd be more a dorm activity. Okay, I'm sorry. So you are such a good sport, such a good person. Thank you. I know you do, but you do not deserve that. And I mean it with great affection.
Speaker 2: So she's like, she's like, it's okay, I have two brothers. You can be fucking weird and he's like even then he's like, no, I'm a Weirdoh I don't understand again, pillow fights. He's asking about if pillow fights or is he started frat house ship.
Speaker 1: Part of they got me was they do powder their nose?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 1: Like he was turned on by Like does he is he trying to like bring it to cocaine and like get like a little like illicit or it sounds.
Speaker 2: Like really like low grade game. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's trying to be flirting, like that's what y'all do in the bad pillow fights breakout. Oh, that's probably more.
Speaker 1: The most salacious thing his fucking child brain can think of. Like also, this is so this is something Carly we talked about. How do you know Greg Guttfeld is like the late night comedy show host on Fox News and his background was in Maxim magazine as like the editor of Maxim magazine, and like one of his big things was bugging the women's room, like putting microphones in the women's and then like printing the what was said in the women's room, like without consent. There's like this child. They are like fucking seven year olds, Like they're like.
Speaker 2: What do girls do in the girl's room? Like what the like, this is the kind of dude he was probably finding a way drilling a hole to look into the locker room.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean, like junior high type quirkies, meatball shit.
Speaker 3: When did that happen? Like that actually happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the early two thousands, like the early aughts.
Speaker 3: In Thissane that's yeah crazy. I feel like the darkest interpretation of that Tucker Carlson clip is that he was that was his flirting. Like I didn't even register that as the possibility to you said it and it's like, oh, that could be him trying to flirt, Like that's fucking terrifying.
Speaker 1: Well, because he kept being like you don't have to answer this, this is a little personal, but uh do they actually.
Speaker 2: And then like someone I think a producer off camera, was like we're getting into weird territory Tucker, like, and he's like, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and you don't deserve that, and like he has this weird like shame spiral thing that he's doing. But so oh, I like that bummed me out to a degree that will be difficult to shake off.
Speaker 2: You don't need to be when someone is like applying powder to your face in such close proximity. Just let it be professional and keep it moving.
Speaker 1: Just racked by a full body orgasm.
Speaker 2: Sho wow the bathroom do you guys use soap? Oh shit. The thing is Fox is fucking pissed because Media Matters is you know this watchdog Media watchdog group. They've been dropping these shits like every fucking day, pretty consistently, and Fox is they're just basically they they have no idea what to do to stop it. And right now they've been reduced to like begging and whining to be like, please just stop the embarrassment. They're just basically saying like, it's not fair.
Speaker 6: That's our intellectual property that you got illegally. Whah, you must stop, cease and dissist. And they really have no case here, but they're trying. And the head of Media Matters, Angelo Carosone, he clapped back quite elegantly saying that you know, reporting on newsworthy leaked material is actually the cornerstone of journalism, and then he went on to fully dunk on them by saying, quote, perhaps if I tell them that the footage came from a combination of wiki leaks and Hunter Biden's laptop. It will alleviate their concerns to which there was no response. And I mean, this is just kind of there's not much to say after this, but it's even funnier. There's another clip where Tucker Carlson is talking about one of his like employees like girlfriends and saying that they're yummy, and then realizes that this might be on fucking media matters and immediately is.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, fuck media matters. It's very it's kind of very meta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not you know what, I'm not qualified on that score.
Speaker 5: I will say I thought his girlfriend was kind of yummy, yummy, just kidding, just kidding, Cases pulled off the bird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bird.
Speaker 5: Hey, media matters for America, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing I want to say tonight.
Speaker 5: Second thing is totally kidding. I don't even know what his girlfriend looks like, and if I did, I would not find her yummy.
Speaker 1: Growth Okay, Well, anyway, Carlston can like see through time. He's yeah, he's like a time board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mall me again.
Speaker 1: Like there's something with like the like infantilization, like baby talk like m yummy, mommy.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know, man, So this is this is the kind of shit that people are subjected to over there, And it sort of stands to reason that when you have clips like this, it makes that case look much stronger. And when you look at the long line of shitty men that have been on camera at Fox and even worked there, that they're like, fuck, man's another fucking settlement we're gonna have to pay out on top of the dominion one that was seven hundred and eighty seven million. So except to me, it sounds like now they're like they're cutting their losses because they're like, yeah, it's what this These accusations are probably true enough that we're gonna have to deal with them and the fallout. But I don't know, he said some such other horrible shit on air that it's really hard to reckon, like what is what exactly their reasoning is? But seems like there's a good case for this one.
Speaker 3: Is it the woman? Like there's like someone that works there suit him right like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the former talent looker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just.
Speaker 3: Seems so charged, like unfunny, like I think also in those clips he thinks he's being funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he thinks he's fucking hilarious. Like he's got this like smug smile on his face the whole time.
Speaker 2: He's just it's I think it's just kind of the thing too where you're you're there. He's the head of the universe at Fox, you know, and on his own show. Who's gonna be like, well, actually, wasn't funny man? Shut up? Yeah, you know, demons like oh Tucker, and that just gives more momentum to his ego to just be further untethered and just do whatever the fuck it's gonna do.
Speaker 1: I guess all right, let's talk about drag queens in the military. The Navy is despite you know, Tom Cruise's best efforts, and Top Gun too. They did a whole top Gun which, like the last time they did it, it saved naval recruitment, like naval recruitment shot through the roof. This time. The movie was a massive hit, but everyone was like it was fun to watch. I'm not going to join the Navy now, still major? What's that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Did you see the Volleyball?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't want to join Well, I mean this one had a two way football, So I think it was as high waisted jeans that fucked people up. They were like nout. But so they're they're trying new things. They're doing like a social media like influencer campaign with active duty officers, and one of them is a drag queen, Harpy Daniels. That is one of five people tapped to be one of the Navy's new digital Ambassadors, which, by the way, not a paying gig. Really, it's just they they get to help the military because well you have to understand, military only has more funding than anything in America, so.
Speaker 2: We're dealing with the.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah Jesus, but people on.
Speaker 1: The right predictably freaked the fuck out. One of the seal teams six guys tweeted, I can't believe I fought for this bullshit. This is the same guy who probably tweeted a photo of himself on a flight with no mask on during the thick of the pandemic, with the caption I'm not a pussy.
Speaker 2: Yep, because science is for that. Yeah, sure, whatever, that's cool, man. I'm sure you're probably I know you haven't spent much time thinking about how the United States military used you in service of a big, big oil grab over there. But hey, it's all good. You're not a pussy.
Speaker 1: I'm not a pussy. I'll kill your grandmother for the right to not be inconvenienced while watching the movie yesterday and eating a bag of kind of pretzels. I'm playing. That's how tough I am. Yeah, serious, But yeah, I don't know the right people on the writer claiming it will only hurt recruitment because drag queen shows have no place in our military.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I even know that's so far off. Okay, go on, yeah, yeah, a history lesson there.
Speaker 1: I mean, we'll start with more recently, the hugely popular drag show on military basis in twenty fifteen, positively reported on by that liberal rag Stars and Stripes. The military internal military publication apparently like they couldn't print enough tickets for this show, which was six service members, gay, lesbian, and straight, wearing heavy makeup to dance and lip sync songs such as I Want to Dance with Somebody. It's funny like they're describing like a drag show, like they're hearing about it for the first time. Six service members donned heavy makeup to dance and lipskink songs, different names than they're usuals. And and then there's just like a long history of this, like going back to the men wearing quote exaggerated feminine attired. Feminine attire dates back to the eighteen hundreds, and the Navy drag shows were a huge part of military culture during World War Two. Shows put on by soldiers included girly segments where gruffgi is dressed in TWU two's well still wearing their army boots. There were comedic routines in which soldiers impersonated female stars of the period. And it's not it's like when you read the writing about it, like the people are it's not like this is ridiculous. It's funny because it's ridiculous. They're like they brought a boot of beauty to the like performances, and like we're very skilled, and so it's just I don't know, it's a we've gone backwards somehow to a place where like you can't appreciate this and any act of inclusivity has to be part of massive conspiracy that you're not in one. According to these people.
Speaker 2: It's just wild to like think of the like it does whatever anything that they see is falling under like the woke umbrella. They'll immediately lose their shit over, even if it's something that like already has enough momentum culturally within like the things that they're into, like the fucking military, and so they'll be like, oh, no, no, what's this. It's like, yeah, I did drag when I was when I was enlisted, but that was different. Yeah, that was fucking different, okay, Or when my grandfather did in World War Two. That was because they it was different. It was stressful during wartime. Now this stuff, I don't know, it's just a bridge too far.
Speaker 1: Entertainers were not stigmatized because of their perceived or real sexual identities. Instead, the feminine nature of the illusionists and characterists acts were held up as beautiful. That is from a feminist work of theory call oh wait, no, that's from the National World War Two Museum, Right, Yeah, that's it's just it was they They weren't fucking assholes at the time. It turns out there are literally pictures of men in dresses gunning down Nazi planes because they were in the middle of a drag show and got interrupted by a German air raid and had to go out and you know, man, giant guns on the side of these fucking warships, and yeah, people are like that, that's pretty cool. Hey man, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's pretty cool. If only Tom Cruise didn't fuck us over with this latest top Ton, you wouldn't have to resort to this stuff. I mean it's just wild though, too. Like they're in this thing where they're trying to figure out how to get more recruits, and they're trying to do things that would seemingly say like, hey, we're in like maybe you want to join, and don't look into the part where maybe you're gonna get caught up and fighting a war, like an empirical war for us. But hey, this is something I don't know. It's just it just baffles me. The recruitment strategy overall, and also not really understanding that most young people are just not interested in military service as they learn that, like, you know, when you come back as a veteran, doesn't seem like the care is too great. And on top of it, like what if you're end up You know, a lot of the people that they're looking for are people who are the most financially desperate to end up serving and things like that that they're just you know, they're still I don't know, it's just maybe they can attract them with movie stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taking care of veterans. That would be uh interesting recruitment tactic. Maybe if it's pitched to them that way, they would actually right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I've seen have you seen that one commercial where I think that people are like these like sort of millennial age people are like around a campfire and like they're talking about how they own homes and it's because they're in the military, and they're like what They're like, yeah, because of the military, and like they're sort of using that sort of carrot on a stick now, like home ownership to inspiring listenment.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I mean, I know, you can go to I feel like you can go to college, right, That's why historically, like poor people have joined the military because you can get a college education. But I don't know how that. I mean, maybe that then leads to home ownership, but I don't know. Most of my friends who have college education stone own home, so I don't think it works that way. Honestly.
Speaker 2: I think that's why they're like, see do it this way? Yeah, oh here it is here I'll just play for you. It's it's it's like it's getting that house.
Speaker 1: We told you guys about you're buying a house. Soldiers get be a loan guarantees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no money down. Well, my office gives us to free bagels.
Speaker 3: Actually, okay, so it's about loan. It's about it's a great joke. It's about loans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we can get sick loans, but hey, I get bagels.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about Guardians of the Galaxy three.
Speaker 2: Fuck you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're back and Peter Quill and friends are back at the movie theaters.
Speaker 2: Who's Peter Quill?
Speaker 1: Is that his name Peter Quill?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's a star lord, that's a Chris.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to act that, like I really didn't know.
Speaker 1: Peter. Oh that's Chris Pratt. Okay, yeah, Fred's character. And everyone's talking. I'm sure by the time you hear this, we're recording this before the weekend. I'm sure everyone's talking about how it broke all the records at the box office, and they're probably also talking about that big F bomb. Baby Chris Pratt drops says fuck in a Marvel movie. It's the first time anyone's done that. Pratt even claimed that Marvel head honcho Kevin Figy warned director James Gunn not to do it. Quote from my understanding, the story goes that Kevin Figy talked to James gun and said, listen, you don't want to be the guy who who's known for having the first F word in your movie. Pratt recalled and James was like, yes, I do, don't you know me, That's exactly what I want, and so they kept it in That story doesn't bring First of all, yes, he is a youth pastor, and.
Speaker 2: No Kevin fighty or whatever from Marvel who's like, hey man, you don't want that. You don't want to be the you don't want to be the first kid who smoked a cigarette. You don't want that record. It's like, yeah, actually, you don't know me. That's exactly what I fucking want. Yeah, okay, all right, well.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's just something about this whole thing that and also like they do it, they're like the funniest part is that we like he just says open the fucking door at one point, like it's just he just kind of throws it in there, and it's like, why are the big deal?
Speaker 2: How come there were so many headlines about.
Speaker 1: This because it's the first time it's been done in a Marvel movie, and like as people need shit to write about.
Speaker 2: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three clip teases the MCU's first F bomb. Guardians of the Galaxy three will have MCU's first F bomb, And here it is. Chris Pratten jokes about delivering Marvel's first F bomb. Take that, Samuel L. Jackson, Okay, like we're getting really excited about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it means nothing, this is the director. Yeah, it means nothing. It's a silly thing. But what makes it so funny is that it is so thrown away and out of nowhere, and it's so low key. Like, first of all, like there's just something about this that feels so like kids swearing in front of their parents because they think it's cool. Yeah, Like, have you ever had like a friend whose parents let them swear and then the kid like just like goes out of their way to do it and it just like makes them seem like they don't know how to swear. Yeah, like whatever, mom, give me the fucking whatever.
Speaker 2: Mom, this spaghetti. I don't want to eat this spaghetti. It's shits, it ships.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just throwing stuff out there. Yeah, oh, I don't know. God did I guess like that? It's just like the giddiness of everyone, even gun who's like, I don't know what makes it so funny. It's like it's out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what, I don't know. I feel like it'd be funnier if you did it in a funny way. But yes, yeah, it's not funnier that he does it in a thrown away, pointless way.
Speaker 2: But I'm probably the worst person to comment on this because I didn't even know who Peter guns is, you know, or I'm Quill Peter fill Right not not Lord Tarik and Peter Gunns from that group Uptown Baby.
Speaker 1: People said he is funny, You're fun or good? I didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw the first one and then I want everyone is bad. And I was out on Marvel movies around that time.
Speaker 2: So again, it's like my anxiety with anything with when they's when I get overwhelmed with IP I just abandoned it. Yeah, I'm like, I can't. I can't keep up with this. What's your how? How how excited are you? Carly? For Guardians of the Galaxy three? And hearing the word fuck, I like.
Speaker 3: Truly didn't even I don't even know what Guardians of the Galaxy is. I know that sounds like it's alive, it truly is it? Like I just feel like there's this whole world of superhero movies that I just am so disconnected from that I don't even know what they are. Like, I know obviously what Star Wars is, but like, I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: You've never seen any Star Wars. No, damn you are? I mean I knew I could tell you were cool just based on like your podcast and just general vibe. But you've never even seen your damn And you said fuck right, yeah you did say point And I was like, whoa, it's fucking cool, you know it's it's the thing where the where Bradley Cooper is a raccoon?
Speaker 2: Does that ring a bell?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: I am groot? Yo, I fucking love you, Carl.
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean.
Speaker 2: There's so Bradley Cooper is the voice of a rocket raccoon and like have you not have you seen this character at all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You know this?
Speaker 1: Have you seen it's a tree? Voiced by Vin Diesel. He says, I am groot over and over.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, it's so true. And it's one of the most one of the most selling, the highest selling products out there.
Speaker 3: What's the movie called Guardians of a Galaxy? Oh my god, Cary Galaxy is a movie about a talking tree.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, I mean it's a yeah, I mean, to be fair, it's a it's a it's a ragtag group of of superheroes like a talking raccoon in a tree and and Chris Pratt, famous youth pastor. So yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 1: All palization of America and American culture like that. I would say that's the theme of today's episode. For me, it's like Tucker Carlson being like, yummy, what do girls do in the bathroom? And then like Chris practicing like we said fuck you know in a movie?
Speaker 2: Man? Is that crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically, like I'm trying to think of something where like I would like a series I was invested enough where like them saying fuck on it would be like yo, that's that's the ticket.
Speaker 1: Like like Night Rider, if like Kit had started saying fuck, like that would have been something right right. Power Rangers, Yeah, like.
Speaker 2: If Zordan said fuck, I'd be like, I'd be like whoa okay or reader repulses.
Speaker 1: Said, what the fuck is this shit?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is this shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly. Power Rangers redubbed.
Speaker 1: And this is Power Ranger for a whole new generation. So I get it. I just it's it just feels weird to have these grown actors like kind of and they're probably just doing their job, but it feels weird to me to have them being like really proud of themselves for having said fuck in a movie.
Speaker 2: I think it reveals though, something about like at the very least Jack, you and I maybe Carly Hugh is like at a certain point growing up watching stuff, I'm very aggressive, like that's for babies, and now I'm watching like shit adults watch, and yeah, I fuck with adult themes to the point where now when I see people who are like they're gonna say fuck, I'm like, yo, I've been saying fuck fo you know, like get your fucking head on. And I guess that's like more my cynicism, my gaimed at that than than anything, Carly.
Speaker 1: I mean, you write about sex and you know, sexual mores in the Breathless column and just for as part of your career, Like do you see like any trends towards like infantilization or like weird like anything like that, Like do you do you track trends across like see things starting to pop up more and more like in culture.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think like something that we kind of talk about a little about in the podcast too is almost a reclaiming of more traditional ideas of relationships. I feel like what we look back on is like the Club started in twenty thirteen, and around that time, it's like people just started talking about non monogamy in a more mainstream way, and like fifty Shades had come out the year before, and like everyone went fucking s and m crazy like suddenly, like you could be like a basic bitch buying like a paddle and Victoria's Secret or whatever, and like it was the beginning of people thinking differently about like sexual exploration or like the structure of a relationship. But now I feel like there's been a bore of a backlash where people are like now monogma actually didn't work like we thought we were going to be like the progressive generation that it's you know, had models of relationships that are more realistic that our parents couldn't have had. And I think everyone's like, actually, littles, now it doesn't work if you like want to have a stable relationship and a kid. And I think people are I don't know, moving back toward accepting more traditional domestic Maybe it's just my age, but do you see that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean yeah, there's because even like like all the trad wife trad yeah talking shit, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean like there's it's weird. How like also too, how I think the economies also affect are people's idea for their kind of mobility is affecting those like norms too, because I feel like when you there's there's a lack of opportunity or something like why can't it just be simple? You know, why can't I just do this? Why can't I just go to work and come back and then there's food or whatever? And I think maybe that's something that's giving people more comfort. I guess, like I don't know it's but I do I definitely see that that uptick in things and it's probably just as it's probably just a predictable, you know, backlash to any kind of progress we've seen societally. It's like you're always going to just see some people just kind of clawing it back to be like no, no, I'd rather stay at home, or I'd rather just be the guy who a person who goes to work and it doesn't have to engage much with child rearing because that's what I do. I gotta focus on fucking earning, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think so too. I think it is an economic thing. I think people are like I think when you're unstable, right like financially you don't we're never gonna be able to you know, our generation like dealt with two of the biggest economic fucking nightmares in a row. That's so hard for us to just like own a home and have a stable job or pay for a kid. It's like, you know, on top of that, want to be like maybe I'll be polyamorous. Actually it's like, yo, I've got enough fucking problems without that. And I also think that the pandemic like reoriented people as domestic you know what I mean. It's like speaking of trad wife. It's like everyone's like, oh, I baked bread now, and you know I make the new Elison Robin cabbage recipe, and I think, right, that's what we love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Yeah, they need more f words than Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. That's what is so brave about this decision to say that Afford and Guardians of the Galaxy is it's going against all these traditional values that are storming back and why I think Chris Pratt is a revolutionary So Carly, such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you, follow you, hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Well you can listen to Sanctum on masks wherever you get your podcasts, or I'm Carly slueddever on Instagram. It is I regret that handle.
Speaker 2: But whatever, it's branding, it's branding.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoy Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, actually real, I don't think this is gonna hit for your audience now that I've been on the podcast and see what you're show and see what it's like. But I do love the podcast. Every outfit it's about fashion and sex in the city. You guys think your listeners care about that?
Speaker 2: Oh? We look weird?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you saying that we don't give off vibes as like people who are very fashioned forwards?
Speaker 2: Hold on, are you kidding me? Like you you know? Okay, do you know between Jack and I? Who the Samantha is you? Okay, you're right because I do have to smoke weed before I have sex like she did in that one episode. Yeah, oh yeah, no, we're we're very sex in the city oriented show, are you. It's a yeah, it's just it's a staple, staple show. And we definitely watched the you know, the what did we keep calling it? So that happened and.
Speaker 3: Just like so this so well, these every Avia girls they became really successful because they were doing and just like that episode recaps and they were so much better than the show. So I'm so excited for and just like, let's come back so I can hear their recap episodes, right, yeah, back in June. Are you guys counting down the days?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hell yeah? Oh I am actually we that was among the shows that we covered the.
Speaker 2: Most on the well because then also yeah, because the ch Diaz Discourse took over a lot of episodes too, as we had a lot of comedians on too, and just like we're all talking about like stand up or like just like the way different communities were represented in that show. And so it's the most the weirdest ways, like when we get it, this show has been white af forever. Now watch just watch us bumble through the scene with Charlotte talking with like black intellectuals.
Speaker 3: I know, like every character now gets their own like POC emotional support like animal basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is very Yeah, they all need like that character that helps them be like and I'm less white because of knowing this person, right, but.
Speaker 3: They all get like one. It's so awkward.
Speaker 2: It's so awkward, right because who's like one is like the real estate agent, right right, who's yeah, and that's who's that? That's that's for Carrie, Yeah, and then Samantha or not Samantha an Charlotte is like the black woman who's like the kids, like they go to the same school, right that other parents, that other mom. And then Miranda has cha and her black professor's right.
Speaker 1: I feel like, uh, Sarah Jessica Parker has check right.
Speaker 3: Branda's dating checks.
Speaker 1: I only watched couple episodes, Oh Jack, I know, oh Man, because it gets wild too because Steve Man, Steve really asked out here a while.
Speaker 3: He's a lot of character in the whole show, I think.
Speaker 1: Still even with his yeah.
Speaker 2: What we're about to come after his hearing loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just feel like that's how they set him up. Was like he's like he's old and she's over him because he's old.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, they did they do him kind of dirty with I don't know. I mean, I guess I have to really think did they do Steve dirty? Like, because like, wasn't he just trying to be like yo, I like having n ice cream with you and like a predictable life, And she's like, I need more, get the fuck out of hell, Steve, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: Be fingered by like they like weed addict?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, right right, all right, Miles, where can people find you? Is there a working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: At Miles of Gray where they have at symbols find Jack and I on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack godhead bo.
Speaker 1: Getting less fan service?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, especially now I was like, yeah, man, Game two is looking good for the Lakers. It was not, But as of this recording, we'll see what happens in game three. I could be even further down the black pit of despair of being a Laker fan, but who knows. And also, if you like to hear me talk about ninety Day Fiance and other trash reality shows, check out Sofia, Alexander and I out on four to twenty day Fiance where we get smoked up on that loud and just rant about this nonsense. And then let's see a tweet. I like one was this man like just following the the WGA strike stuff. It's wild. Like, I don't know if you saw the head of the Teamsters, the West Coast Teamsters. This one was Lindsay Doherty. She's got a Jimmy Hoffa tattoo on her bicep and she's like, She's like, we're not She's like, those trucks aren't crossing the fucking picket lines. Like the studios are gonna learn they want to fuck around, they can find out. Andyone's like, yeah, it's wild. And then also just shout out Adam Conover. He had a really great like this clip of him kind of going viral of him speaking outside of one of the picket lines. And I'll playttle bit of you. It's just really interesting talking about his perspective about like having to strike and pick it and just kind of what's going on with this. But here, let me just play a little bit of this from Adam conover these shows. I don't want to do this.
Speaker 7: None of us suppost want to be here, right, But as it became clear that this is what they were going to force us to do, it started to feel to me to be a really beautiful opportunity because you know, we all really feel like the world is fucked up. You know that, like things are wrong in America, and we have the opportunity here to go and actually fix one of them with our collective action.
Speaker 2: Like the Guild is asking.
Speaker 7: Me to come out here every day and pick it for four hours. And if I do that, I can help stop Teamster trucks from going into that building, and we can halt productions and that'll shorten the strike, and that'll make them come to the table, and that'll make them cut the workers in on their profits. And I get to actually move the boulder of how fucked up things are in America by showing up here with a sign. It's incredible how many issues are there that you care about that you would like to do something about, but there's nowhere you can show up with a sign to do it. You can't show up with a sign of climate change. You can join it, you can go join Sunrise movement and stuff like that, right, but like you don't have We don't get these opportunities often in life to step up and actually fucking do something.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's pretty cool. Yeah, I mean I think it's it's anyway, this is uh as things accelerate and you just see too, how like cynical the studio heads are. It's like, man, yeah, fucking destroy these people, like get get get fucking yours writers, get fucking yours getting all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, tweet I've been enjoying at World of Echo. Tweeted it was the bust rhymes. It was the worst of rhymes. You can find me on Twitter at check Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We are at the Daily Zekeeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikaist dot com, where we post our episodes on our footnotes. Nope, we link off the information that we talked about today's episode as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Myles, what's the song we think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna like this track from one of my favorite sort of new newer jazz guitarist Mansur Brown. It's called no Way. It's like it's sort of like Flamenco guitar playing, but like over a beat that kind of it's like Timberland Deep. I don't know. He's just a very interesting artist. So if you like any like you know, counted guitar players and you like a little hip hop, check out this track. It's called no Way by Mansour Brown.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link after that in the footnotes. The Daily is the production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we will talk to y'all then Bye bye,