Speaker 1: Because you know who else has lived in l A for a long time and still has their Austrian accent. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Oh yeah, it was different times, you know, different times. I saw him around beach. He was riding by. Fuck, he's always riding his bike. Guy rides rides his bike more than any I never heard a celebrity so consistently cited, always doing the same thing. Oh right, you Arnold on a bike somewhere. Yeah, always here, Arnold riding his mountain. But where did I see him? I need to meet him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was on the border of Santa Monica and uh and he was just riding his bike past the stop sign.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, when was the last time you had to blow job? How did it taste? How did it taste? Shit? Loser like completely shanks the ball because it was it was He said that to my friend wild golfing, and he's he like said the how did it taste right? As he took the Yeah, I like to imagine that it just directly right. Watched it drive a fa This was not fantastic. You'redot Oh tell me ull again.
Speaker 2: That's because he was You were distracting me with your blowjob mouth dude, Arnold, all right, no eyes eyes. You guys were always against me. I knew you were always against all right, Rick, you want to go next?
Speaker 1: Man? Yes? Rick? You guys here listened about Rick.
Speaker 2: I asked him the last blow job he did, and then I said, how did it taste?
Speaker 1: But the implication? And we were all here, all right, yeah, yeah, it was right before you completely shanked that show.
Speaker 2: He was distracting me with his blow job, saying that, man, I'm not going I paid for this tea time. You would never get into the club without me, and let me do it again. And then someone puts an exploding off ball on the team.
Speaker 1: The fuck you always against me? Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, sixty eight, Episode five ofa I Stay.
Speaker 3: Production of iHeart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel, new episode dropping today.
Speaker 1: Go over to at Daily's like I pot on. It is Friday, December thirteenth, twenty twenty four. Happy birthday to my little sister Caitlin. Oh cute Caitlyn. Happy? How many years young? How many years young? She is forty two? Okay, she is a young forty. That's young.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm forty. I'm like, I'm a baby, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So she's a top baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that makes you Jack a tween.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what I'm aiming for.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh.
Speaker 2: December thirteenth National Violin Day, also National Salesperson Day, National Day of the Horse, which sounds very fucking intimidating, National COVID Day. Say it that way, Well, day of the it's just like, I guess Horse Day is maybe too casual, so you gotta be like, it is the.
Speaker 1: Day of the Horse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give them a little more tachnific.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it was named by a very aggressive horse. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's interesting because it is encourages people the United States to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history.
Speaker 1: And character, Like you mean colinismation.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's that's also part of it. And also it was actually that would be a great excuse by the US. They're like, it actually wasn't the horses they were who was taking us in all those places. It was the horses that they're making the calms.
Speaker 1: We were just there. I guess we're going.
Speaker 2: Over the talk, no talk of manifest destiny. If it weren't for these fucking horses, okay, I would have There's no way we would have just fucking displaced all those Indigenous people. It was no dude, if those horses weren't there, we would have just fucking chilled, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Whateverstrations like attempt at revising history, like some people are wanted to do some bad things, but it was actually the horses, horses that they were riding and on think about what the horses do. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's also pick a pathologist Day, which I'm like, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like, hey, pick one sounds like yeah, the healthcare in the healthcare insures being like, why do you fucking pick a pathologist already? Huh? It's not that one. That one.
Speaker 2: It says this day encourages us to make friends with a pathologist or coroner because we never know what tomorrow holds. So what does that mean, Like, don't desecrate my corpse when I'm in the morgue, So they don't want to be friends with you in case of a disaster, Like make friends.
Speaker 1: With a pathologist in case you get sick. Doctors don't like friends who are always hitting them up about getting about being sick. Get a fucking doctor, Get a country that's healthcare system works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just weird. No, it's truly about like, it's about forensic pathology and corner. It's specifically about your net about getting murdered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: It just says keep practicing the positive vibe, well, checking in with that pathologist pal or corner too. Their humor keeps things interesting and we wouldn't want to eliminate anything funny from our lives.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? All right? Whatever? Shouting Hot Coco, Shout out Hot Coco. That's it, That is it. My name is Jack O'Brien aka trend Nuts roasting on an open fire, Jack O'Brian, nipping at your toes because I'm a foot freak. Courtesy of car Logo and ham Sandwich on the discord Whow. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray. It's Miles Gray aka. My name is Hot Tool from.
Speaker 2: Top Tool, Go rub pulla, you want a grist, I'll bring it to you. Coin drop now I'm on top watching Flop Crypto is a scam.
Speaker 1: It does not stop crypto make the money. See Crypto was the Ponzi scheme. Okay.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Yo Yo Snap on the discord with the beloved Aquatine Hunger Force theme song. Okay, I had to love Aquatine, so he went straight from my brain. My name is Hawk Tua from Talk Tua is that's you know, that's a bar.
Speaker 1: She is a drop an album man, at least a mixtape with that. I mean, cash me outside. Bad Baby did that and had a whole do you know that's how she thinks on the source like that was it? Did it did? Hey, Benzino will take your money. You can you can buy people tell me that bad Baby was like, actually not a bad rapper, like I think I heard people be like not.
Speaker 2: She's actually like I mean, aside from like the appropriation, like her delivery wasn't it didn't feel like totally I think it was you yeah, yeah, because I was just like, oh, you're really okay. You you understand the SoundCloud sound that was for sure, but staying power not so sure.
Speaker 1: Not so sure, but anyway, shout out to talk to talk to his lane has opened. Oh Yo Snap on the discord Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by once again the very talented host of the podcast When You're Invisible, which is in the midst of dropping it second season. Yeah, it's got a number of really great episodes of Go Checkward. Welcome back to the show, Maria. Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you know it's hilarious. Is I actually do have a corner friend and a.
Speaker 1: Corner Yeah, I do have a strategic decision, because you never know what tomorrow will.
Speaker 5: Burd you know, I truly did not realize it was a strategic decision. I definitely was friends with her, and then she took a job as a corner and she was like, and now I have a corner front.
Speaker 1: How is she doing?
Speaker 2: Does she have a light sense of humor? Like they imply all corners in forensic with all.
Speaker 5: Apparently, you know, they all definitely do. She k she actually does have early rough days. It was also really funny, but more quirking. I was like, oh, but I also like it was so funny. I think my dare talk kind of came more from her than anywhere else. Like she was like, don't do drugs. I have seen what it does to people. And I was like, you see bodies, I trust you.
Speaker 1: You want to see, you want to see, you want to see because I can do that.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh wow, this is really what I needed when I was a teaching.
Speaker 1: People can't see me. Maria just gave a good five year old's face of like, oh oh shit. Yeah, that's the thing I always hear from people who work in medicine is drugs and motorcycles are two things. Don't do either of those things, Fyi, those are the things that actually do be taking people out daily contant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fel like in this same vein anyone who works in an ICU. I think I was also has those same takes because like one of my my close friends was in the ic you too, like working in the ICU, and she always like on the weekends when we chill, she's like, unloadsome shit.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, please.
Speaker 2: Warn them before you Like, I'm here, I'm here for you as a friend, but like, please just give me a little bit of warning just to the level of how fucking grim the story is gonna be. But yeah, anyway, just a dark sense of humor for sure.
Speaker 1: Though, mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you gets them through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also foreign objects in your rectum just by a biosex toy. That also seems that's that's more that I see you people, But that does seem to be a constant problem. Yeah, yeah, that's not what Christmas tree lights are made for. Maria. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. I mean, maybe there are Christmas tree lights that are made for that, but I you.
Speaker 2: Know, not that I use that, not that I've seen it, and I've been looking at.
Speaker 1: Least that one that won't quite lightly electrocute. Yeah, yeah, all right, Maria, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of the stories we're ta talking about. The media is confused about what Luigi Mangioni's motive might be, so we'll just take a look at some of those stories. The authoritarian playbook of the next Trump administration is coming into focus, so we'll look at a couple of the early tells that they've been given us. We will talk about the New Jersey mystery drones. You've seen this, you heard about this, I've definitely had people.
Speaker 6: Reach out to me at night coming that Reddit post and I was like, hey, bro, it's just funny how the Pentagon's like, hey, all right, we gotta tell you something.
Speaker 1: About you did say it? I was driving, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: That's okay, you didn't. I didn't need you to tell me why you left me all red, you know.
Speaker 1: I But yeah, so we're going to look into that because I this one doesn't have my UAP antennae up as much as past sightings. Yeah, it only gets like a half of one of those, but there it is. But before we get to any of that, Marie, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are or what you're up to?
Speaker 5: What I'm up to. I feel like this one is since it's right around the corner. I'm going to Philly for the holidays because my brother just had a new baby, so to like co thank you, So like coinciding is like what to do in Philly for the holidays where newborn is allowed.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, wait, what do you mean newborn is allowed? Known as a hostile city newborn.
Speaker 5: I know they actually are smother just kidding, No, just like you know how it's like she's not quite at her like two month mark where she's all her vaccines, so like just thinking about like open.
Speaker 1: Air things, right right right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So yeah, So if anybody has any hot tips about what to do in.
Speaker 1: Philly, will take where'd you take a newborn in Philly? I don't know. I don't like even though all my things families from Philly, I have not spent that much time in Philadelphia because I had never called Blake Wexler right now, Yeah, we might want to call the wex You could go down the shore. The shore is really nice, there's at this time of year. This time of year, that's where my parents are going to be spending their holiday, and I think it. You know, all those shore towns shut down, like you know, they're pretty empty, but they're I'm sure that would be kind of a cool, weird, fun wintry vibe.
Speaker 2: Is this your first time meeting your niece?
Speaker 5: I just met her during Thanksgiving but that was a brief. Yeah, but so this will be like a cute four days with her hanging out and it'll be cute.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think of any Philly holiday movies. Like there's definitely some Christmas scenes in Rocky or like some winter scenes in Rocky.
Speaker 5: But I'm thinking of just like taking her down the Rocky Run but with the still just like we're going to take you seeing.
Speaker 1: The combine the Rocky Run with the battleship Tempkin, you know, or the Untouchables baby carriage scene. Yeah, all right, Maria? What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Handwritten notes? Actually, I've been recently like rediscovering. I've been like doing a clean out, and I like rediscovered like a note from my best friend from high school, and I was just like, oh my god. It took me back to that like specific moment in time in a way that like when I'm cleaning out my phone, I'm not paying attention to of like okay, oh.
Speaker 1: That's right because it's tangible.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, do I have the heart to make this garbage? Yeah? No, and I don't.
Speaker 5: The answer is that there's a little box now of like momento. So it's like kind of.
Speaker 2: Like a a lot of time, a lot of time was spent on folding this note proceress to be able to pass I can't just throw that away and hear that.
Speaker 5: Yet, Like do you ever remember like or did it ever happened to you where it's like people would full them into orgami shapes too, Like I once got like a little frog. I'm like, yeah, there's this was detailed in the delivery, not just written part of it.
Speaker 2: But I think the first or I think white people orgami is the fortune teller. Oh yeah, that was like the first forum where you see like I remember because being Japanese, like we would do orgami like at my house as a kid, and then I remember seeing kids. I remember the first time I saw a kid making a fortune time, like, oh you're doing origami. They're like what, no, it's you're number miles. Okay, you are going to Mary missus Low the teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah. I used to get notes past me and origami snowballs. They were just like kind of watted up, wadded up into a ball and yeah yeah, so because they looked at the frog sounds nice, The frog sounds nice? Yeah? Was it?
Speaker 2: What was the drama in the note? Was there any drama or was just kind of like I love you best you kind of It was mostly.
Speaker 5: Like and I love you bestie. Uh like kind of just like just you know, revamp of the day, like how la vibes? Yeah, yeah, are there's some with drama. I remember there were ones with drama, but the one that I.
Speaker 1: Found was not drama filed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm like, oh, she got to think about it. God, I wish I wish I saved some of those, because I remember like there were ones that were so fucking wild that like you would, you would pass them around like it was the newspaper and be like you don't fucking tell them. I fucking let you read this ship and then like you know, take it to classroom like yes, but don't up. Yeah. Yeah, good times before text messaging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a handwritten note from an older girl who was like I had a crush on She was like, call me after school. I called her and it was nothing. It was she didn't have anything to say. I don't know what was what was happening to me.
Speaker 2: She didn't keep that same energy from the note on the phone call, So what's up?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 5: You can still like misinterpret, like or give someone a voice or reasoning if it fits text or handwritten it's just like, oh this is gonna be interesting and cool.
Speaker 1: What can I help you with? Not that, I guess, I just like talk to my friends on the phone. What Anyways, I feel like those notes from that time they always seem like war correspondences, like that, they're always like and who can forget the you know, like they're alluding to something that will never forget as long as we live.
Speaker 2: Like mister Gamble, he's on one again. Anyway, that's the bell.
Speaker 1: I'll see you at nutrition. What's what's something you thinks? Overrated French fries? Overrated French fries? Okay?
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm definite only a hash brown person. Okay, Like I would prefer hash brown over a French fry.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a okay okay, I'm I just not.
Speaker 5: A potato Like potatoes are great, but like the form of the French fry fry, I feel like it's done, it's not.
Speaker 1: Doing as much.
Speaker 5: I also prefer a sweet potato fry, you know what I mean, Like there's something more exciting.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, well I'm and I are rarely speechless, but yeah, are you a sorry? Y'all? Don't you don't like because French fries, you know, cover such a broad gamut of potato presentations or do you do you like them crispy? Do you like them soft? No?
Speaker 5: I like them crispy. But I feel like because you get so many different versions, right, it's like you got to know, Yeah, you got to know where you're going to, like, know what kind you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: It's always going to because yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: It's like there's only one way.
Speaker 1: So many crispy hash browns though, you know, like the at diners, you get like that just soft ass thing, and it's just like there will be like one part that's got like a little crunch to it, but then everything else. I'm just like, I don't know. I would have taken a side of McDonald's fries here instead of this hash.
Speaker 5: Well that's like, if you're gonna do French fries, I feel like McDonald fries, that's your okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you'll allow you'll allow me.
Speaker 5: Okay, But if people are like, do you want fries for the table, I'll be like, can I just check to see what else is there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get that. Yeah, I feel all right, let's uh Miles and I are fucking.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'll have my own fries for over here for the disgusting people.
Speaker 1: Your hash browns. Maria. Miles prefers soft fries, really prefers mushy fries. Yeah, I like pato sticks. That's what I like. I like them floppy.
Speaker 5: He's a Sickoh see now I'm speechless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, you know, sometimes we both have to speak our truths to get the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just realized it where it's antithetical potato. Antithetical potato takes for this moment. But hey, it is what it is, and yet we still can move forward and have a civilized conversation.
Speaker 1: We'll see, you know, we'll see. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here, I just start taking shots like subliminally, I'm like, yeah, sound like a crispy ass take to me.
Speaker 1: It's just like soft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no taste whatsoever, no flavor.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. This episode was brought to you by eBay. Whatever you love. Find it on eBay. eBay Things people Love Miles. Ooh whoa what Hey it's me. I just just wheeled myself out from under your car. I know, I was just playing driver mechanics. Yeah, it's just sliding. You got a lot of grease on your shirt. How'd you do that? Yeah, so I was checking to see if you got an underglow kit. I do not have underglow. No, I do not. This is a Was that a thing for you in high school? Well? Underglow? Like you had to have money to afford underglow?
Speaker 2: Okay, I would say mostly like the biggest thing at my high school and just sort of like in the San Fernando Valley in the early two thousands, like millennial women girls, you had to have a roxy sticker, like a Quicksilver Roxy sticker on the back of your windshield or.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a car. Okay, I just bought one of those. Yeah, get one of those. Got one of those on e Bay.
Speaker 2: The other thing for me personally I was looking around for were these like there's a Japanese rim manufacturer called n k E nk Ei, and like they for people who are like really into like JDM accessories. There's like these Matt Bronze wheels that I just saw and it took me into a time machine when I was like playing like Need for Speed and all these other like auto tuner games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot. I wish I had the coolness to put those rims on my car. Yeah, I wish I did, and I do now because look, I was sent to eBay to get a bike rack, a sensible bike rack for our car. Yeah, and I came away sans bike rack with purple lights that are going to go under our car. And spoiler alert. Babe, we have a spoiler on the back of our car now and the quicksilver roxy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks based on this photo you're showing me. Yeah, that spoiler looks way too big for a minivan.
Speaker 1: Way such thing, No, such thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really need that downward force on the back for traction. I totally get that when you're when you're fish tailing.
Speaker 1: I wanted the back wheels to start taking off a little it I'm going down the highway.
Speaker 2: I'm just about to take flight in my midi van underflow. Well, we all got a thing and it's on eBay. Maybe it's fashion, car parks, trading cards, retro movie posters, anything you can collect. So go find the thing that keeps you up at night, whatever you love, find it on eBay. eBay things people love.
Speaker 1: And we're back this. Yes, yes, you're right, So you know, just continuing to follow the story of Luigi Mangioni, and you know he's in custody. He has a lawyer who's like a small town lawyer who headlines got the case of a lifetime.
Speaker 2: Do you see that press conference when he was like yeah, he's like, he's like, that's the thing, you know, like if you charge someone with a crime, you need you need evidence, and right now they don't got none. He's like, here, do you want to see what they got? And he pulled out his hand like this, empty hands, and he said, go ahead, zoom in on this, zoom in on this. They got nothing, and it was sort of the energy was like I'm not saying he didn't do it, but I'm saying they don't have a proof.
Speaker 1: Like was kind of the energy. So I'm like, oh, okay, this is a note with him that was like hey, let me just save y'all a bunch of time. Yeah, yeah, shit, Here's why I did that shit, Here's how I did that shit.
Speaker 2: So wild because like, right now, I've just seen more than a fair share of articles that like have the gist of like what was his motive? Trying to understand why this person did this? And I get like, as a journalist, you need to be objective and when talking about like the potential motive here, and while like there might not be like a smoking gun sentence that just says that starts with the reason for me killing him is like in his manifesto, it's pretty clear what motivated him to do this, just based on what he has written and you know, his other comments surrounding like his you know, just observations around society and corporate greed. But I'm just like, wait, what why is everyone sort of scratching their heads at this point because there was some way to know what his motivation was clearly radicalized by his own physical pain and experiences with the healthcare system based on what I've been reading along with like his very publicly the public statements about his disdain for CEOs profiting off of like people's basic needs. But like one of the biggest articles from the last week was about how he played the video game among Us.
Speaker 7: I was going to guess, it's got to be among us, the game about being a killer, and who can figure out if you're in sight? Bro, people play among us? Like that's that was the that's like a serious take.
Speaker 1: And then I saw a kind of they have like things there exactly like some people are sus as you say when playing among us. But yeah, like I'm in business insider. I saw this this morning.
Speaker 2: Uh, they were acting like the headline was Luigi Mangioni's online life reveals so much about without answering one key question that was the headline, and it goes on, this.
Speaker 1: Is the one key question, something that my doctor doesn't want to know about, doesn't want me to know about. Yeah, this one that doctor, doctor doesn't want you to know. This line was in the article.
Speaker 2: Quote trying to make sense of this online trail doesn't seem to get us any closer to a potential motivation for why he went from someone who was frustrated with the healthcare system like nearly all of us are, to being accused of three D printing a gun and shooting someone to death. I see like a lot of articles spent on like which political side he might have been on, and they're like.
Speaker 1: We just can't tell. Man, this guy's like hard to nail down.
Speaker 2: Like what like what his actual political like is he a Democrat or a Republican? There's there are some people who don't fit into those boxes.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then there are other ones that basically say, like, he had all kinds of stuff he was into, like on the internet, but it's hard to know why he did what he did.
Speaker 1: And I'm not like, again.
Speaker 2: I understand the restraint to not speculate here, but there's like seldom any time spent in these articles on the state of healthcare when that is one of the most consistent things gets publicly written about. So yeah, I'm just gonna assume it's the corporate capture of our newsrooms, is why we're it's not turning into like basically a flashpoint in our society.
Speaker 1: The fact that they, in the motive thing were like, and believe me, we're all frustrated to the point of losing our mind with our healthcare system, but why would he go this extra step that we're all felt ourselves compelled to at least consider, and is Yeah, it's I feel like, yeah, they just don't want to say the thing that everybody kind of already knows it is.
Speaker 2: Because it's wild though too, because Senator Elizabeth Warren even said this quote. The visceral response from people across this country who feel cheated, ripped off, and threatened by the vile practices of their insurance companies should be a warning to everywhere in the everyone in the healthcare system. Violence is never the answer. But people can only be pushed so far.
Speaker 1: Damn Elizabeth Warren. Wait, was that a quote from his manifesto?
Speaker 2: Or this is a warning that if you push people hard enough, they lose faith in the ability of their government to make change, lose faith in the ability of the people who are providing the healthcare to make change, and start to take matters into their own hands in ways that will ultimately be a threat to everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, it's definitely French revolution niche.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've had to walk that back too, Yeah she did.
Speaker 2: She's like, obviously violence is not the answer. That's that's not That's not what I'm saying. But like, come on, y'all, do you not are we not understanding how this happened?
Speaker 1: For real? Like completely obviously that's not the answer. Did you guys see that girl who like slept with one hundred people? Anyways, moving on, I'll be over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy shit, it's just very I mean, like, at the very least, it's clear that maybe the people that are writing these stories just do not want to acknowledge this sheer desperation that people experience as a result of living in the pay to live version of the United States that we're currently in. And I think that's probably the like they're probably trying to keep the like the flood wall from like the dam from breaking to fully be all like an all out call for everyone to be like we have to completely change our healthcare system, Like this is like, this is why we need to change things. Yeah, it's more just like it's sort of getting into the minutia of like what books, what books was he about to read? Yeah, what clues does that give us? It's like, I don't know if everyone else just look at the reaction from people. They are immediately connecting the dots here. Oh yeah, it's very busar.
Speaker 5: And also the way he's being like viewed and portrayed too, Like all of New York, we like a lot of us were just like and what are we having? No, Like all of New York consensus was like, heck no, he can go free. We don't care. Like they were doing a bunch of like if you see anything, let us know, And it's like it just tells you the state of things when people are like no, because that feels in line with like how desperate I'm feeling and what I feel the system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's if you see something, don't say ship, you don't say ship? Okay, yeah, did you see the thing too? No? No, no, no are they we don't snitch? Like no everybody.
Speaker 5: There's like I mean, at least there's there's a tweet going around, so there's like it's a TikTok happening where it's like just like the picture of like so, but I.
Speaker 1: Feel like Wendy's would do that. Wendy's glitter was wild.
Speaker 2: I remember for a while like Wendy's were like ye, Wendy already knows, bro, Wendy ain't got no stitches, you know why, don't even want to tell you. But yeah, I think the other part is like it's really wild to just get these like things, Like it's part of it is like not really laying out what the problems are our healthcare system, which should be like the next step of like the analysis of what's happening here. But then meanwhile you have people being admonished for being like this person got killed, and I get that that is terrible, Like the murder part is fucking terrible, but it rings hollow when other people when they are reduced to a fucking nebulous number on a spreadsheet and they're like, I need life saving medical care, I need life changing medical care, and it's like, nah, sorry, move on with your shit.
Speaker 1: That actually it's my job to tell you no, and that that would be irresponsible to pay for your medical care because the market doesn't think you should get medical care.
Speaker 2: Where are the pieces admonishing those people, you know what I mean, for the treatment coming this way to all the normal working people in the United States. So it's just like it's there's so many things that like this story is bringing up, like a how fucking desperate people feel, how they have a complete lack of belief in how the politicians are able to change anything that like that. There's there's all like how we have guns red There's so many things that like this this whole story encapsulates. But it's really odd to just see a lot of people be like, ah, just scratching our heads. What the what the heck would make someone do something like that? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the reaction is alarming, Like how into this everybody is is alarming, And the point of an alarm is to alert you that something is wrong and that you have to pay fucking attention. But you can't do that if you're like, if only there was some way to know what this is all about, It's like, what the fuck are you talking about.
Speaker 2: There's even like in the other even talking other articles about how some of his note in his notebook, he's like he opted for a gun instead of a to not hurt innocent people because he wanted to go after a CEO.
Speaker 1: Like it's there's just so.
Speaker 2: Even in their reporting, they're they're dropping nuggets that you're like, oh, that's interesting, and now I'm starting to see more articles or they're like police are starting to really narrow in on the motive now based on what they've all seen, and well.
Speaker 1: Keep us posted on that when there's a break in the case, let us know, right, yeah, all right, let's uh, should we talk about what we're learning from the Trump administration, the kind of where their early priorities of authoritarian fascism are going to take them and.
Speaker 2: Us, right, I mean, two bits of news in this last week seemed to be an indicator of how, you know, MAGA is trying to wear us down in terms of turning a blind eye to their forthcoming atrocities. Right now, the two groups getting a lot of attention from a public Republicans are obviously undocumented people and unhoused people. So in order for their plans to go smoothly, they need as many Americans as possible to lose sight of the fact that these are human beings with rights that deserve to live as happily as anyone else that is here. So over the weekend, in that Meet the Press interview on NBC, Trump was saying that essentially he's going to put an end to birthright citizenship and change the Constitution through executive order in order to make his executive order in order to make his plans for mass deportation like legally frictionless. Well, last time I checked, changing the Constitution requires like two thirds ratification from both houses or the states would have to call for a convention.
Speaker 1: That's not happening. So what then?
Speaker 2: Senator Mike Lee from Utah is floating this argument that I've also seen in The Federalist that I think reveals like sort of rhetorically what they're trying to do. The first sentence, this is just the first sentence of the Fourteenth Amendment states, all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. He believes this mean that Congress has the power to define who a citizen is, and that is patently false. From all the legal opinions I've read, they're like, this is the most bad faith read of an amendment like I've ever seen. There was no one was thinking that was something up to Congress to decide. We were amending our constitution because of the fucking Civil War and that was just fought over slavery and who gets rights as a citizen. And that's where we're just saying, Yo, you're born here, you're naturalizer, you're an American.
Speaker 1: End of story.
Speaker 2: So now Lee is trying to make it seem as if this is ambiguous when it isn't. And this tactic seems to be working because now you see this take being parroted all over the internet and conservative media about being like, well, I don't know, I mean, like, what was the intent of the fourteenth Amendment And maybe we do really need to re examine this, And so I guess if they can't actually change the Constitution, the best way is to just now get people to think that our definition of a citizen is nebulous open to interpretation, to again open the flood gates of which is.
Speaker 5: Also so funny that it's like, let's pick and choose which amendment is up for like interpretation and debate of like and definition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that stuff they edited after the Civil War for some reason, like they're not a big fan of No, I don't get it. No, what is I don't even just like, as a person with basic understanding of the logic, I don't understand what is it? Like the or is that what they're taking, like the person.
Speaker 2: It's an or naturalized in the United States, A lot of people are taking the jurisdiction thereof and subject to the jurisdiction thereof.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: That was the thing they're pointing to, that line. But then other people point out it's like, well then if they aren't, then people that are born here aren't subject to the laws of the United States, Like what are.
Speaker 1: Are they just allowed to start people?
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's just about chipping away at like our understandings, our understanding of citizenship in the country that has been the same.
Speaker 1: For over one hundred years now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like this is just again, it's just it's like, this is I'm saying the first steps to begin to see this kind of stuff, like well, we don't actually know, like we need to maybe actually define what a citizen is, even though it's already defined in the constitution. That is sort of the entry point to then be like, oh, well then if these people aren't citizens, then they need to be deported. And we can't really argue with that because we've all decided right what a citizen is, uh, and that doesn't meet that definition. And again, like the goal to make people think mass deportations is palatable was can also be seen in when Trump's lawyer Alena Haba, she was on Fox and she was essentially saying, like, deportations won't be bad since they're not going to separate families.
Speaker 1: They'll they'll they'll deport entire families together, see, but make a fun family trip. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's the spin, Like they're like, oh my god, we're not going to separate families.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? We're not monsters. Just everyone goes right, and they don't.
Speaker 5: Have to be separated uproot them from their entire life.
Speaker 1: Too, right, It's really fucking grim.
Speaker 2: And then you have Elon Musk who, like again also pointing out Trump's paternal grandparents were immigrants from Germany, so you're his own daddy again whatever benefit from that. His mother is also an immigrant, but whatever, it doesn't fucking matter. And if you do this, like if you chase this definition, like what does that mean for almost like a gigantic chunk of the United States where people who are not here were like on the Mayflower, what are you?
Speaker 1: What are you even? What are we? What are we saying here? There are only twenty eighth full citizens of the United States. These are their names. Everybody else Get the fuck out? Everyone, get out?
Speaker 2: Oh who's unless you're right, which unless you're a billionaire, in which case, give give me a billion dollars and there will be no regulations to do it.
Speaker 1: It is like the way you frame that it is true. It feels like just they introduce these small bits of like bullshit it to our diet to like get our collective immune system to bullshit like acclimated to that specific argument, and then it's just we're like oh yeah, we've heard that before. And so it's just.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, because the way the ad the listeners the viewers of these takes are taking it or go, that's right, it's because all these anchor babies. We do need to change it because this creates a loophole for all this other stuff. And that's how they get the sort of thought process going without actually understanding, like what is the constitution. They're just like, right that, I don't know what that means. That guy says it, it doesn't mean what it means. Therefore, get the other people out of here. Okay, I've I've figured it out. Then Elon's stupid ash tweet about the unhoused, so he quote tweeted some fucking loser who was like making the case that essentially like helping unhouse people is ultimately futile, and Elon's tweet was on the quote was quote. In most cases, the word homeless is a lie. It's usually a propaganda word for violent drug addicts with severe mental illness.
Speaker 1: So we should just like fund a lot of like mental health resources and treatment resources. That's that's amazing. No, no, no, that's not what I meant. It's a lie. And it's a propaganda word.
Speaker 2: So what I'm what, I'm trying to imply that these people need no support because they are unworthy due to their mental illness and addiction issue.
Speaker 1: What do they think you do with them? You put them? They just want to kill them.
Speaker 2: Well, one version is, you know, people are trying to like solutions that are cheaper than prison for people who quote refuse to to get better, you know what I mean, and completely completely missing the part of like a lack of agency you experience when you're in the midst of these kinds of crises, like completely and again, the flattening of the unhoused population into some group of hopeless people who deserve imprisonment is a dehumanizing tactic. So this is another part again where it's just like I don't know, I'm just saying that, I'm just saying, I'm just saying to sort of let the larger goal take hold that we're we have groups of non human people who need no empathy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like it's it.
Speaker 2: I guess it just meant they're all meant to dull our senses and like basically, you know, keep us from being able to support ideas that aren't just about discarding people, you know, because that's truly I feel like that's that's the ethos yea for the really for for a long time in America, but especially now, like they're just gonna go all in on it without even giving a fuck.
Speaker 1: What if we just like take them to the place where like all our garbage goes and like our pollution goes, like I'm assuming that's out of outer space or something, and then it like just never comes back and hurt hurts anybody. Yeah, yeah, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: The you know, the encampments that the Trump is time camps that we're talking about like camp. Oh yeah, this is a little bit of a different run where like militia members.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we might outsource some ship to militia members. On paper, we're saying we're not, but you know, militia like gets a bad rap, but it's like military, but it like has a such sound.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, we call it militia, militia, militia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds so much better. Yeah, it's my it's my militant aunt.
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, I'm like it sounds like we're getting a certain demographic to be interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So anyway I think these are This is like they're they're always going to be trying to again divide American people, and yeah, truly push this rhetoric even more and more and more that people are wholly undeserving of any kind of support anything because their entire ethos is based on enriching the wealthy, and that that's at the expense of vulnerable people and just anyone who's not already a fucking wealthy billionaire.
Speaker 1: You're all right, let's take a quick break and then we'll come back and figure out why aliens are so interested in New Jersey. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and we're back. And there's a bit of a mystery happening in New Jersey. Miles. You mentioned it briefly last week, but since back in November, residents of New Jersey have been plagued by sightings of mysterious drones which have supposedly been quote spotted above critical infrastructure and are in some cases as big as SUVs according to eyewitness testimony. So the FBI says they're looking into it. Presumably it's just two and probably hot FBI agents working out of a basement throwing files on each other's desks. You ever heard of drone flash? God? When will those two get back together? You know who Molder and Scully? Molder and Scully. Hey, yeah, so, but yeah, it just seems like it's getting it's picking up steam. The locals are going full War of the Worlds And yeah, there was like a radio broadcast. Residents are like doing a lot of like I don't know, there's just a lot of sightings going around of massive unidentified drones flying around the state. So it's always they keep repeating, like the size of these drones are unprecedented. Yeah, people don't know how big things in the sky are. Like people, nobody is good at judging that. Nobody's good at gauging how big something in the sky is. Like that. It's actually one of the reasons that I think the aliens are possible, that they could be here and we just don't know it, because like the sky is massive, and the only things that you see in the sky, like when you see a seven forty seven up close, it's fucking huge. It's the size of like a city. It's oh wow, well it takes a lot. I seen bigger. You've seen bigger seven forty seven than the seven forty seven that we're talking about. Yeah, my favorite detail of these stories like this just feels like pure urban legend, but it does also feel like it could be in a Spielberg movie. One family was following a drone in their car, trying to chase it down, and said that as the drone hovered above them, their cars clock changed time and then only returned to normal time as they drove off. That's the dumbest fucking lie to tell. I love that. Oh dude, it changed time to just like to the following minute. Was it Daylight Savings weekend? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it was around like one am I feel like, on that Saturday night, and then it like went ahead, it went back. I don't know, man, I think it was the fucking mystery drones. But okay, I mean that feels like an X Files ish detail.
Speaker 1: Never to waste a good panic. One GOP lawmaker claims that the drones were launched from a nearby Iranian mothership just off the east coast, which are Panic, which like somebody actually asked about in a Pentagon briefing. So the Pentagon was like, are you aware of or journalists were like are you aware of this? And they're like, yep, we're aware of it. It's not ours. We don't think it's a foreign power. And they were like, well, this guy said it's Iranian, and like the spokesperson for the Pentagon was just like, no, there is not an Iranian mothership launching drones. And they're like, yo, we would be fun.
Speaker 2: We would all get fired if an Iranian mothership was off the east coast of the United States.
Speaker 4: Any idea of how badly we want that to be true, any idea what that would do for our budgets, Like, we would be so fucking psyched if they did that.
Speaker 2: That Lindsay Graham who brought that up, It's like, Senator Graham, is that you Nope, Nope, I'm just saying, was it an Iranian mothership?
Speaker 1: Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go? I think guy just throw a smoke bomb on the ground, Uh and then drive away in one of those little children's Barbie cars, you know, smokebomb. So that that person is on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Uh said he's heard from high sources that Iran is controlling the mysterious objects, which I hear from high a high source every day on this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm right here, bro, thank you for taking me seriously.
Speaker 1: You know, that's some crazy evidence about how the color purple I see might not be the same color purple you see if you think of that. Yeah, but I don't know, Like this, just have you guys seen a drone display, like a like a bunch of drones like working together. Like I saw one at a ski like mountain, Like we were in Big Bear for New Year's Eve and they were like, hey, instead of doing fireworks this year, we did the forest down. Yeah, and they did drones and the drones were cool as shit. And I was like, I can't believe one, you know, I can't believe a fucking ski mountain is able to afford whatever this is. But like I don't. I just think that, like, drones are very impressive now, and like they can do more than maybe the average person in New Jersey realizes at this st because they can. Even then there's like massive numbers of them. They might it must be a coordinated thing between many different people, and it's like I don't think that's right. It could be like three Yeah, it could also be.
Speaker 2: Like three dipshits with drones, like flying them a bunch every night to fuck with people and to keep the momentum going. Oh yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 1: Other ones where they're like, look at this picture from underneath and someone just overlaid it with like a commercial jet and they're like, this is the exact same spread of lights on this jet.
Speaker 2: Then this fucking quote unquote alien drone you're talking about, You're like, oh, well, I don't know, it looked a way bigger, couldn't have been a jet. So I think there's like a lot of people's confirmation bias is set to I think, you know, yes, they're like the truth is fucking out there full and it's in New.
Speaker 1: Jersey as people as somebody who wants to believe I do have to be discerning about, you know, how we evaluate these various things that could be mysterious. And I have no doubt like there's definitely like people having weird experiences. And I think when you're primed by the local news to be like there's drones out there and you're just constantly paying attention to the sky in a way that you weren't before, you're gonna see cool shit. I bet you're right that, especially now that there's a local news like a flap of local news stories about it. Like remember that the crop circles that like everybody was like, what the fuck is going on with crop circles? Was like a few guys who were just doing it for like to fuck with people.
Speaker 8: I would love it if it's the same guys and we back it is that and the dude who wore the like three toed dinosaur shoes he used to walk on the shore to throw people off.
Speaker 2: Like, Yo, what the fuck lefty's footprints? It's like it's a guy with fucking shoes to fuck with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's just so easy for people to fuck with people. And also like yeah, so they they actually interviewed a drone, like the most reliable sources of course, one of the experts at Drone Life come and he was like, I don't know, it looks like that one's an airplane, that one's a cell phone tower, and that one is just a regular commercial drone, likely being operated legally. Like anybody who's familiar with like what drones can do is just like, yeah, man, like these are actually just either the large ones are like actual aircraft, which are again much bigger than people realize, usually when they get close to the ground, or they're drones, the kind of drones that we're familiar with. You know, I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: I live in the flight path a newer airport and I see a lot of drones every night.
Speaker 1: Man has got nothing to do with living in a flight path.
Speaker 2: Also, I also like that people like this person's like that looks like a cell tower.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: I wonder if you are posed to like, look at this light. It just floating fist all night.
Speaker 1: It doesn't move at all, move at all. It's just sitting there looking at us, blinking. There's also a problem with the motive of like, so all the people who are like it's either an alien or it's Iran and they're spying on us because they're being sighted near Trump's golf course right where all the high security ship is going down. Like, Trump doesn't just tell fucking everyone anything they want to know if he thinks it's going to make him sound cool. But one of the problems with that is, first of all, drones like aren't great at spying in the dark. And second of all, were you to try to spy on something at nighttime, you probably wouldn't have lights on the drone that to be.
Speaker 2: Like I hear that was the thing that that put me off because I'm like, aliens are fucking with like red and green lights on their space right like a like a fucking police.
Speaker 1: Chopper or some shit.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, all right, if these are aliens, bro, like they're they're their swag is fucking bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm sorry, this should look real, norm quarte, we do, for whatever reason, always need to have a little red and green light on our alien like it's a smoke detector that's running out of battery. Sorry, guys, that's just where we're at technologically over here.
Speaker 2: What's your what's your feeling on the drones or the aliens and ship? Like are you have you seen this story?
Speaker 1: And like I seem like a little bit of it.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm of the camp of like it's probably just drones and the whole thing of like, yeah, people are gonna notice more when there's already stories. I mean, I would like to believe that aliens exist, and I would like that to be possibility.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think our standards are just too Look, we all want to believe and look, there's some low hanging fruit. Guys, we can just go right there right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 5: But like I'm also kind of like, how do they know that? Like it's totally fine. They're just like, we're just trying to blend in with your habitat and just be reading green and now we're just.
Speaker 1: Like, no, but you're not blending. I sent you a Christmas light display and you guys freaked the fuck out. Sorry, did the.
Speaker 2: Colors and every other don't seem chill at all? We're throwing rocks at our Christmas parade.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were.
Speaker 5: Trying to be like, hello, humans, we come trying to get to.
Speaker 1: Your love, red and green. Like time, here's some red and green light, red, white and green. Wait a second, what are the colors of the I'm talking to Italy man, I'm talking Mangoni where you do a lot of the Italian Americans live New Jersey. They're sending messages to each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yea, and I feel like it's just the rest of time is friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, By the way, the that's what the drums are doing above us. By the way, the Pentagon denial being like that, No, there's not a mother ship is being called idiotic on Fox News. Flat denial of the story idiotic.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I get you did it with WMDs and yellow Cake, but don't kick a war off with some ship, like these drones are from Iran and we need to fucking it's time to go to the fucking mattresses.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no no. The yellow Cake was not any any more. They're one picture. It kind of looks like, right, yeah, oh god. Well.
Speaker 2: The other thing though, too, is like the FBI was like, we honestly don't know what's going on. I'm like, dude, can you just find the people who are using the drones and put an end to this, rather than being like, I don't know, we don't know how to figure this out.
Speaker 1: Because I feel that's also feeding this shit too.
Speaker 2: It's like the lack of clarity from when you get like the FEDS or whatever talking like they're like, yeah, we're not really sure what's going on, but people taking dude, they're not even sure what's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I feel like they just haven't looked into it very much and they're like, you just don't know. We're never going to look at that and right, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Or it's yeah, an epic failure.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, ship, bro I think I don't know if those are drones brock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder if it's like this is this sounds dumb, but like does the FBI have interns and stuff like is it like the intern team that's on this case and they're like, we're still figuring out this is this is our case study?
Speaker 1: Yeah, get better. It would be very easy for them to be like, hey, we have drones that everybody can use. You could go outside right now, order these drones on Amazon, you know, like it would just be so simple to make up points. Yeah, and then but oh my god, that's exactly it. That's the one. Who's the one? You just fucking you look you're holding the controller. What the fuck? Where did this come from? Fuck? It made me do with aliens?
Speaker 2: Well, ah god, I really wanted it. I really wanted something to come up. S u V sized drones jack.
Speaker 1: Imagine, God damn do you see the one where they like had a drone thing that was like an had like an inflatable person on it and it looked like they were like flying on a jet pack with a jet pack. There's you can really fool people with these. Yah. Yeah, people do that all the time. There was like that. I remember one movie was doing that for their promo.
Speaker 2: Remember that movie that was kind of like a home video style shot thing where those teenagers get superpowers.
Speaker 1: Chronicle Chronicle. Yeah, remember that.
Speaker 2: And like for part of the viral marketing they were they were attaching like human like figures on drones that were just like around in the air.
Speaker 1: Like there's motherfuckers flying and they're like it's for the movie Chronicle freaking out over here, man. Yeah. Like I don't know, when I was down the shore over the summer, like we were on the boards, me and my boys, and there was somebody fucking around with a drone and it is like it's captivating and like it's cool, and you're you know, everybody's like, whoa, there's a drone over there, and like it's doing doing stuff and who's doing you know, you like want to find who's doing it and stuff. So I just think we're probably at a point where we're not used to the fact that these are pretty accessible technology, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and then you add the dark, and dark just makes everything mysterious and they're like I can't see the person controlling it.
Speaker 1: What I found the guy and he was like here and like brought the drone over and took a picture of my kids with it and then like sent it to me on my mobile phone. And that guy, your mobile phone, you're talking like an alien. Jack on my mobile Yeah, on my mobile phone, my mobile phone. Okay, I think it's you Jack.
Speaker 5: You're in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, that is just yeah, this was in New Jersey and maybe this is what tip maybe stories the last couple of weeks intersect with Jack's movements. Yeah, I'm just saying it's all It's all happening to me, not to anybody else. The do you guys ever read like Weird New Jersey and like some of the stuff, like I found out about it through Chris Gethard, but like there's like, oh, I think he used to write for this website Weird New Jersey, but that just collects like New Jersey urban legends, and it like New Jersey has a long proud history of like really detailed and intriguing urban legends. So like this is also know who you're dealing with. They have a good imagination and I'm pretty sure the War of the World's thing was New Jersey. Like the freak out that happened was in New Jersey. So the radio play, yeah, the radio play was like one of the freak outs was fear spread across New Jersey. That was the story in a phenomenal and a phenomenon reminiscent of the War of the World's radio broadcast that once spread fear across New Jersey. Okay, this is a lot of freaking each other out, just being like, oh man, but could you imagine to start thing man in the Garden State, you know how we do. Yeah, well, Maria, what a pleasure having you back on the daily Zeitgeist. Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you, all that good stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so when You're Invisible is available anywhere you get your podcasts, and then we also have an Instagram account for it, so it's at when You're Invisible podcast and then to follow me. I do have a personal page which is m A R I f e Er. So the nickname that I have for my first two names, Maria Fernanda and then Underscore my last name d I Easy Underscore b as in boy, those are the best ways to keep in touch and figure out what's happening and.
Speaker 1: Is there a work amedia that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: I've actually started watching the series like Water for Chocolate.
Speaker 1: Oh, how is that? Which? It's good.
Speaker 5: It's visually really beautiful. Like I'm I'm super into like being Mexican, Like all of these stories were things that I knew about growing up and stuff. So getting to see that in one hundred Years of Solitude that just came out and they're the same vein and so like bringing a lot of like magical realism images into like TV film is really cool to see because you're like.
Speaker 1: How was hundred years of Solitude?
Speaker 5: It's good so far, I literally have only gotten through the first episode because that.
Speaker 1: Feels like such a massive undertaking creazy. Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 5: I was like curious in eight episodes y'all. So that's what I'm like kind of excited to see, but also like, ooh, let's see what ends up happening, right, But for me, yeah, I'm excited. It's it's a change of pace from like what's out often or what I'm watching. But I'm also watching the Dune series.
Speaker 1: The Dune series, I have no appetite for it, but you could change my mind. Is it good? It's good. Uh.
Speaker 5: I don't know much of it. I never read Dune, so I'm like getting introduced to the world through the series.
Speaker 1: But you watched the movies. Did you watch the film?
Speaker 5: I did watch the films. I thought they were visually really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I thought the films were very beautiful. I have no patience for lore about the Dune world, but that's fair. When that guy shoots anything, I'm like, yeah, that looks fucking cool as hell beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like the little floaty fights at the beginning of the second one. That was my favorite part. Mild Yeah, their workimedia, you've been enjoying and where can people find you? Everywhere? That's fine, that's fine. I have this response. It's muscle now, adam it okay. I don't know what's mad, you know, let's talk about that later. Jacks disappointed, So that's okay. Well, you were always against me, so you know one thing I do know. You're always against me. You're always against me. So Miles of Gray at Miles of Gray Everywhere.
Speaker 2: Find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jackot mad Boosties find me on the ninety Day Fiance podcast called for twenty Day Fiance.
Speaker 1: Put it together.
Speaker 2: Don't be like Business Insider, understand what I'm getting at with that show title for twenty Day Fiance. Please a tweet I like it is from past guests, Melissa Losada Oliva at Edo. Melissa tweeted as a picture of Luigi Mangioni, it said back injury that altered his life, unibrow close enough, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Free to callo.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yo, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing connection. And yeah, that's that's it. Also, I've been watching I'm trying to get through Love is Blind because I also like watching people fall back through a wall and.
Speaker 1: Be completely out of IM. I just started the Ultimatum too, you know, I just sart. Yeah, yeah, I'm you know, man, like the Netflix trash. I eat that ship up.
Speaker 2: No, No, it is concerning because like it's wild. How in the Ultimatum? How immediately when they talk about like they're like, so what do you think about the experience? Like I think I want to bang that one guy that was sitting across from me, and you're like, yo, okay, let's have a little bit of let's act like we want to be married at the end of this, rather than like, YO, that she is hot as I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, no, not this one, no the other. She's twelve years younger than you. I don't know. I'm just saying that's what. That's what. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Something clicks, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah clicked, Yeah, something clicked. I love it all right. A couple of tweets I've been enjoying. Devin Costa tweeted catching Bin l at McDonald's with a plane in his backpack, which I thought it was funny, but then somebody else kind of summed up the experience. I think a lot of people are having. John jan Hope he tweeted, there's something real fishy about this event I've consumed entirely through wild speculation, contradictory tweets, and secondhand information. Yeah that's about ed about, does it. And then I also enjoyed this tweet from Ryan stoned Cowboy. When I mentioned Arby's, you're likely already picturing a specific location, maybe one down the street or that you went to growing up. Maybe it's not even there anymore. This is your mind Arby's and with training, you can go to this Arby's at any time and from any place. Yeah, Arby's.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Obi the number one. You can us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at d Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our foot notes. We also put the footnotes in the show description. You could go right to the show that you listen to right now and find the footnotes, which is where we off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also look off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, Is this a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yes, So there's a There's our artist that I've I've recommended a few times, Ila Bamba. That's the sort of artist name of Lusilena Mendoza.
Speaker 1: And this track is called Nunka And the album is like the album.
Speaker 2: That she made that this outwork that this track is off of is really cool, Like like during the pandemic, she just kind of had a you know, like an artistic moment of trying to find inspiration moved to Mexico and you know, started putting out this really great work. But anyway, this track is fantastic, great vibes, great singing.
Speaker 1: Nunka by E La Bamba. All right, well we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Gus is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this week. We are back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We also have a highlight reel of the best moments of this week's episodes that drops tomorrow, so you can come check that out the Weekly Zeye Guist. We will talk to you all on Monday morning. Hope everybody has a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, bye bye