Speaker 1: Hey, guys, it's Shackie Goldschneider and Jen Fessler.
Speaker 2: We are two Jersey Jays. I feel like we haven't recorded in a little while.
Speaker 3: We absolutely have them almost are I don't like with our husbands.
Speaker 2: It was like a long time.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I think I blocked that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a long time. How was your Valentine's Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Valentine's Day? Completely uneventful. Yeah, I don't even We didn't even go out. We had we ate some brought some chocolate home. We exchanged cards. That's it. Wrap it up.
Speaker 1: You want to know two of my children have significant others now so new evening like driving them around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two of them.
Speaker 3: How cute is that? Come?
Speaker 2: I know, it's very very cute. It's very cute.
Speaker 3: Wait the older ones. I'm assuming your older time.
Speaker 1: My daughter's got a little boyfriend for like five Yeah, so they went months in dinner. Yeah, they really enjoy each other. They're super cute together. I mean, it's totally innocent.
Speaker 3: But she was fourteen, right.
Speaker 2: She's fourteen.
Speaker 1: And then my old are turning seventeen in three weeks and no hitch and they're getting in their licenses and that's a whole nother topic like I don't know how you did it, Like weren't you so nervous?
Speaker 2: Like how did you?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't. I didn't do it. That was one area that I knew I was not capable of parenting. So but not even to teach them to drive, I.
Speaker 1: Was too not even the teaching, like the nervousness driving when they they're like so nervous.
Speaker 3: I got nothing. I got nothing good for you. I don't know what to tell you. It's scary, yeah, but I mean the truth is, I'm even scared, not as much as Zach. I'm being honest, but I get nervous now with Rachel driving just and I you know, as much as you say to them, that's the only thing that you can be doing is driving. There is no this. There is no texting, there is no talking on the phone, there is no eating, there is no you have to just you know, focus, focus, focus on the road. But when I mean, they just don't always listen. I don't know. I'm always a nervous wrack about it, I know, agreed.
Speaker 1: Funny last night I went out with some girlfriends for drinks and we were talking about college because all our kids are in that mode of looking at colleges now, and we all started talking about like the stupid, stupid shit we did when we were in college, and we were like, it's a wonder that we're working alive. Can I just tell you that one time I went with my friends to a Caribbean island and we were in a casino in a Caribbean island, and we let these guys drive us home back to our hotel, and like, I am surprised that I still have a kidney, Like I don't know why something like.
Speaker 3: That I went home with guys. I mean, if we're going to just be honest, like looking back now in my twenties and I was like, woohoo, Yeah, I mean why would yeah drive whatever? Anyway, I was a bit of a hoe. But that's like a home makes.
Speaker 2: Me scared anyway.
Speaker 1: Just trust that your children will make decently good decisions and say no to drugs anyway.
Speaker 3: Drugs, yes, especially now ly it's that's a whole other topic that maybe we'll talk about. But I have a very dear friend whose sun died of fentanyl.
Speaker 1: Oh right, that's the one that you wear the sweatshirts being Jack happy to Jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my friend Brady, it's that's another Maybe she'll come on. That's another episode. It's a scary, serious topic. Then we have today today, we have some fun things to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I am so excited for our guests because I feel like her her trajectory has been so multifaceted, like we can talk about one thing, we could talk about, another thing we could talk about.
Speaker 2: She's very interesting and she was not on my radar at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well no, if I'm being on she wasn't. But her publicist and I are good friends, and so as soon as he started telling me about her, I became very interested quickly because she is she is so interesting. She has also had her toe dipped in this world that wear it not just dipped. I guess she was on the housewid of Toronto. You guys, So today we are talking to Roxy Earl. And by the way, the only reason I hadn't heard of her is because I never watched the housewivese of Toronto. It was only on Right Sane.
Speaker 2: But if you had, you could know her because she was a standout.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was a standout. And Roxy did the one and only season of Housewives of Toronto wait, let me actually correct myself there maybe the one and only season. Thinking maybe not the one and only season, but we'll talk to her about that. So this women is really just the coolest you guys. So she has used her platform to raise awareness about body positivity and that is certainly a topic that Jack, you and I both are very, very interested in. Also women's empowerment. She is the world's first AI styling coach to get men ready for dates. So I would not want to. I would definitely not want to switch positions with her. That's not something I would ever be at all interested in. But I am fascinated as to why she would do it and what she's discovered. See. She's also the co founder of anna Health, which is actually.
Speaker 1: Which is really like something that I can relate to having had.
Speaker 2: Did you have any fertility problems?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean I went through five rounds of IVF myself, and I experienced a lot of dramatic ups and downs with fertility. Anyone who's been on that journey knows what I'm talking about. There are very dark days, there's a lot of physical and mental implications of going through fertility treatments.
Speaker 2: So I cannot wait to talk to her about this.
Speaker 1: I mean, between the body positivity and the fertility app, I feel like I could talk to her probably for a month. So let's see. So she's the co founder of anna Health. It's called Annahealth and it's an app that she developed with her husband, doctor Arnold, to provide expert fertility care at home. What an interesting woman. I can't wait to talk to her. So everyone rocks here.
Speaker 2: Hi, Roxy, We are so excited to have you.
Speaker 4: Hi, pretty lady, my favorite girls from Jersey.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're in Toronto right now.
Speaker 4: No, I'm at my house in Beverly Hills. Oh, I love you right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But you have two homes.
Speaker 3: You live in Beverly Hills and Toronto. Mm hmm, well that seems ideal.
Speaker 5: I mean, I go back and forth. But I'm spending a lot of time here in La right now. So it's very fabulous. It's pretty cold in Toronto right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Jersey too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's starting it's starting that warm up. Anyway, enough small talk. We have so many questions for you.
Speaker 4: I'm just so excited to be on here for copy on your pod.
Speaker 3: We are so excited.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, really fun.
Speaker 2: So let's have fun, all right, get some fun? Okay, So can we start with the Real Housewives of Toronto?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Always like is this real?
Speaker 1: Man? Right?
Speaker 2: Did you love it? What were your feelings about? It was only one season?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What year twenty seventeen?
Speaker 4: I can't remember. It's been a blarus since then.
Speaker 5: Okay, in one season. I had no idea what I was doing. Like all of us when we do the Housewives, I don't think we actually know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I would say, you're like, yes, fabulous, let's do it, and then you're like, what the hell has happened?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And it was so much fun. It was insanity. I loved it. I had a really great experience. And then when the show came out, I mean, how do you say, you're like the loved one? Like, you know what, Favorite's like a really nice experience for me because I would go out in my city and you know what, it's like, everybody is so excited to see you. It was such a whirlwind. And then I like put the show to rest. I literally my career took off after that. All of these things happen. I never thought I would be doing the Housewives again, and I really just put it to rest in my mind, and I think, like, that's when Bravo comes calling. Is when you're like they're like, oh, expecting it right now. And then all of a sudden, I didn't know where. They come back and they're like, we want to reboot the Housewives.
Speaker 4: But all when was this you?
Speaker 2: This was like a bit ago, a year ago, so ago that this is happening.
Speaker 4: Oh well no wait, ladies, I cannot confirm anything, but I can.
Speaker 5: I will give you this tea which I haven't shared with anyone, which is what happened. So they come and they're like, we want to do this whole reboot around you, your life, all these amazing entrepreneurs that you know, and all these fabulous women who are like your actual friends because you know, some girls on the show were my friends and some girls were not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we definitely know how that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's get into that after tip, because I have a lot of questions for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so they come back and they're like, I'm literally have a new I'm like married with two babies. No, that life left behind the one that was aired on TV. So it was like a whole new life that I'm now leading, and they're like, we want to film this. We've shoot this amazing pilot. We've shoot the first episode. It's so juicy. I've seen it. It's spicy.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, so you're really in it though you shot the pilot, like this is happening. Are you filmed more than the pilot?
Speaker 4: I cannot say, but I will say yes.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe not Jersey like your last episode of New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Not like quite there.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that thank god, just like a disasa.
Speaker 5: We'll get into it. So it wasn't that, but it was exciting. And then that's all I know. And now it's with the universe and I have no idea what's going to happen. And then since then, some amazing things are happening with my business. So I'm like spending a lot of time in la and I just don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Like in the.
Speaker 5: Limbo fats and everyone's talking about how I'm coming back to the housewives, and I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not lying to I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know who we are right now, we're the same feel about filming.
Speaker 4: My husband loves it.
Speaker 3: Oh really, you.
Speaker 5: Loved like he's he's like a famous doctor, Like he's got this whole personality that's like this whole thing, and he would never have thought of anything like this. And then when they wanted to film our lives, I said, the only rule, there is only one role.
Speaker 4: We just have to be if we want to do this.
Speaker 5: It's like one hundred percent ourselves, Like it only works if you're not pretending to be something you want to be. And he's so comfortable in his own skin and he's such a confident guy that it worked.
Speaker 4: We worked really well. We had so much fun.
Speaker 3: Like it was like, Oh, what kind of doctor is he?
Speaker 4: He's the most incredible fertility doctor in the world.
Speaker 3: He makes me that's okay, so right, that's why you made with him.
Speaker 2: Did he know who you were when he met you?
Speaker 4: No, he had no idea who I was. He'd never heard of the Housewives, never seen it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was just this whirlwind romance and we fell in love and it was like the most beautiful story. But he'd never seen the Housewives. We didn't watch The Housewives of Toronto until actually we were like eight months pregnant with our first child. In like the depths of Covid being like, you know what we should do?
Speaker 4: We should see the Housewives, and.
Speaker 5: He's like, what is this? He's like this is so fun. He's like, you're so good at this, you should do this more. I'm sort of like, you know, when you don't know if you're getting another show, you kind of just are like, I don't I'm done with TV.
Speaker 4: Do you guys know how that feels.
Speaker 2: We're sort of on pause, so kind of yeah, yeah, but you went back stack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think both of us would like to. But I think that also for us because things are so near, there is a part of me and it's like you have to kind of let it go. It's it's yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: I would go back if it changed, if our cast changed.
Speaker 4: For sure, who would you go back with? Because that's what they.
Speaker 3: Said, We're not that's turning this around on us, lady, No, no, no, what you are on this podcast.
Speaker 1: It's not that I would go back with like certain friends. I'd go back with anyone who is open to letting go of past feuds because if they're not, then you're just gonna fight and fight and fight, and then it's not enjoyable and life is too short to do the shit that's not enjoyable.
Speaker 5: Right if it doesn't bring joy like we were getting ourselves into. But that's what I said to them when they came back. I said, no, no, I don't want to do anything. My life is incredible. I don't want to do anything that's not fun or that's twice or not positive.
Speaker 1: You know that the show is going to be dramatic. You know there's going to be like a little fighting and everything. But if you could be on the show with people who know how to like let it go and learn a lesson from it and move forward, then it's an enjoyable experience, even though you know what you're getting into. It's when people can't let go of anything and the fights just keep going that it's like NonStop fighting, and then it's strained.
Speaker 5: It's everyone says, and you guys must know this because they say to you, oh, is it real?
Speaker 4: And it's the most real thing like And the problem.
Speaker 5: Is is that everyone's like, oh, well, it's it's a TV show, So you can't like turn it off and go home and then forget about everything just happened that day.
Speaker 4: It like becoming when it's your real life.
Speaker 3: When I started, they the producer said to me, your job is who say everything you think? So right, So like, if I'm not on the Real Housewives of New Jersey and I think someone's an asshole, I don't probably going to keep it to myself, right, But the job is to say what you're thinking. And so it's a very it's a very strange, like alternate universe, but it can. It's I think it's brought all three of us. You know, lots of joy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so questions about Toronto.
Speaker 1: So so of the people on your original cast, you ate in touch with some of them or you're not in touch with any of them.
Speaker 5: I stayed in touch with a few, and they're like dear friends who I love, Like.
Speaker 4: Baby coming back with you were born? No one was. No.
Speaker 5: The whole thing when they brought it back to me was when I did the show, I was a lot younger and a lot different phase of my life than some of the other women.
Speaker 3: Rochie, how old are you? You look so young?
Speaker 4: Fun now?
Speaker 3: How old?
Speaker 4: I did forty one?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? I thought you were like thirty, me too, Look at you go.
Speaker 5: Girls Korean skincare and so I just when I did the show, though I was like in my early thirties, and honestly everyone was in there was at least in their forties or in their late forties at that time, and so we were just at different phases in our life. And I think when they came back to me what they said, because at first when they came back, I.
Speaker 4: Said, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: Like the housewives, as you know, can be very toxic, and so I'm very interested in putting positivity out into the world. So they said to me, well, what if it was the real people that you spend time with, the real networks that you have, like other women doing interesting, fabulous things.
Speaker 4: And I was like, yeah, but I know how you sell it.
Speaker 5: And then next thing you know, I'm like someone's throwing a drink in my face. And so I said it has to be like I understand if you put fabulous women together, there is natural drama, but I don't want anything that's going to be I don't want any people that are like they're not good people, you know what I mean, Like they're toxic people, Like there's nothing you could do that was good with them. And so they said okay, and they cast the most incredible group of women and it was like, really, did our city proud? So I hope it makes it to the air. I don't know though, that's the tea. No one knows that, yeah, by every journalist, and I have not answered that. I'm sure my publicist is saying, stop talking.
Speaker 1: But well, we don't want to get you in trouble.
Speaker 4: But it's just it is what it is. Truth.
Speaker 5: I filmed something. I hope people get to see it. If they don't, life is so.
Speaker 3: Fabulous, Well so don't get to see it. We'll do a private screening maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So Roxie, when you were on your first season, you were very well known for being very body positive? Was that? And I have so many questions about that because I recovered publicly from a twenty year battle with anarexia on the air and now I'm like an activist for it for recovery. But tell me about like were the was the public very supportive or did you get mean comments?
Speaker 2: What was the experience like then? And where are you now in that journey?
Speaker 5: Whoa, it's such like a big like, first of all, congratulations for me, thank you to get to a point where you're able to openly talk about something that can be very challenging and painful. So the thing is is that when I did The Housewives, I had no idea my body would be such a topic of conversation.
Speaker 4: On the show.
Speaker 5: And in my first interview, we sit down with Entertainment Tonight and she says, how does it feel to be the first plus size housewife? And I'm like what, Like, wow, can you imagine like all of the shame that's wrapped up in that word?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking at.
Speaker 5: Myself and I'm thinking like I didn't. I had never identified like I knew I was curvier than some of the other Like Okay, look, I've led my whole life in a society.
Speaker 4: World where I go to events.
Speaker 5: I go to Galla's, everyone's a size zero and everyone looked a certain way, and then there's me.
Speaker 4: But I never kind of felt of myself as like the plus size.
Speaker 5: One, Like I'd never It's certainly not something i'd openly said. And I actually in that moment it was like I had. It was like she had like daggers to my heart, Like I understand that it was such a shameful thing because in my mind, I'm thinking, all these people are going to see me on the housewive, They're gonna see me this fabulous life, Like it's gonna be amazing every guy I've turned out, every job I've been fired from, Like, you're all gonna see me.
Speaker 4: And then she's like, and you're plus.
Speaker 1: Size and.
Speaker 3: That is so completely messed up, Like I am trying to picture a scenario where you didn't even discuss that beforehand, and she just pulls that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I turned to her. It just came out of me.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm not plus size, I'm my size and hashtag my size rocks because I was like, who are you to label me?
Speaker 4: Like this is my size. You don't get to put me.
Speaker 5: In whatever box that has been clearly orchestrated around me.
Speaker 4: And in that moment, I just like owned.
Speaker 5: I just had like a split second to decide to how to react, and I guess just like my instinct was, this is.
Speaker 4: My body, this is my story. I'm gonna own this well.
Speaker 5: I can't even tell you. Like it was like that a movement was born. I became because I was sharing openly. I would be going on a press tour and like stylists are trying to put me in these designer dresses.
Speaker 4: Nothing fits.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to like zip it up, it's like breaking on the seams. And I was like, this is crazy, and so I just started designing my own clothes for my own use. Fashion company was born. I became like the face of inclusive fashion. I was the first person to put extra small the three x in one store at the same price, and I demanded that the retailer be, like, not put this at like a plus size store in the basement.
Speaker 4: I was like, I.
Speaker 5: Don't want women to experience the shame I feel when you make me go to some other store for special big girls. And I just really was one of the first people to do that, and it began to you know, some people call me an advocate. I don't know what they call me, but I was. I was I was going to make sure that women didn't have that same negative experience that I had had special moments in their life. I designed wedding gowns, dresses for events like anything.
Speaker 2: You have background in design, No, I have no idea you had.
Speaker 3: You had no idea. You just started designing straight out of just because.
Speaker 1: Wow the brand and was.
Speaker 5: Like, I need to do this, here's my vision. And I and it really really did well, and so many amazing collections, swimwhear everything. But what was interesting is like I was I stepped into it, but I was also like figuring it out on my own, like I was stepping into my confidence weirdly with the shared experience with the audience and with the viewers and social media, like I was going through it with them. I was trying on Jeanes that I'd never worn before. I was discovering clothes that would actually fit me in brands I was designing, and I was having moments that were all they shared these moments. So I was like, I have a wedding coming out. I need something like red black tie to wear. Can't find a dress that fits a size twelve anywhere the time, twelve was huge, and so.
Speaker 2: At twelve was huge, but I always think of twelve.
Speaker 3: Well maybe not anymore, but like I just remember Oprah saying once I would die to fit into a twelve.
Speaker 2: She wheeled out the medium size.
Speaker 5: So much has happened in a few years when it comes to inclusivity, and so it was just crazy. And then what was happening, which was this really kind of dark other side of it was at home I was with this like older finance guy who was not happy to be known as the plus size girls.
Speaker 4: Partner, and so my like, I wasn't technically.
Speaker 5: Married, but I had a wedding and everything. So you know, just anyways, this is we need a whole podcast for that relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to dig in there, but I.
Speaker 5: Had the full relationship and by all means, I was very committed to it. And I just he was interested in this young girl and this like trophy wife, and my body was with all the travel and the stress and the excitement and everything, I was eating a lot to feel good and I was gaining weight. So it was it was like I stepped into this role and then also was gaining weight. And then at home, my confidence was just being deteriorated because he hated my size and he was like, you're fat, You're ugly, I won't sleep with you. And I'm like having this private experience of sh like all this shame and low self esteem. And then on the next day, I'm waking up and getting into a swimsuit I designed with a bunch of models I picked who all have bodies that look like something I can identify with. And then literally shooting a campaign that's going to be on a billboard talking about confidence.
Speaker 2: Right, it doesn't work when your life's not in sync like that. What happened?
Speaker 4: When you talk about what was the experience?
Speaker 5: It's been such a journey in this time since I've done the show, I've put on weight. I've now lost sixty pounds in a very hodiful way. I had two children, I got remarried, I fell in love, I built an app, I built a company, and it's all just happened out of just letting go of all the toxicity and just being fully.
Speaker 4: Confident in who I am.
Speaker 5: And now my body is a beautiful twelve again, and I'm happy and I own every aspect of who I am. And along the way, thousands and thousands and thousands of women have felt a sense of empowerment.
Speaker 4: So it's been this weird journey. I love that.
Speaker 1: Can I go back to the show for one second. I just have a question, two questions, Why was it canceled? And also were you devastated when it was canceled.
Speaker 5: I really wanted it to come back because it felt like my only lifeline at the moment when I did the show, and the show came out.
Speaker 4: It was like I knew it was my out if that makes sense from the relationship that I was in.
Speaker 5: So I was I had this like high flying career when I was young, living all over the world working and advertising for American Express, and I was like, I had a pretty big career. And then this guy was like, I don't want you to work, and he's like, it makes more sense for you to travel with me and be with me, and you don't need money.
Speaker 3: So where's this guy now? I just have to know.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's a villain character and like Bonfire the Vanities, not a bad.
Speaker 5: Person, but he was suffering from a lot of addiction and a lot of things that made.
Speaker 4: Him do some very mean and cruel things.
Speaker 3: But I don't very magnanimous of you.
Speaker 5: Wow, it wasn't for that journey, I would have never ended up with my husband. My husband is literally he was the tax on this beautiful love I have. Now I have beautiful times with him, but there were some very toxic times.
Speaker 4: But he made me into this powerful.
Speaker 5: Woman that I was a bit of already, but it just magnified.
Speaker 4: So I thank him.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's very evolved. I still curse all my ex boyfriends.
Speaker 5: No, I really am grateful that I went through experiences that taught me what love is supposed to look like, what life, How I can live life like.
Speaker 4: I learned a lot and it brought me to my now husband.
Speaker 5: And so I if I go back to the show at that moment that no one ever canceled us.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like you're canceled. It's like they put us on hold.
Speaker 5: And I was like, when does the whole end? Do I start shopping for next season? Do I start like getting ready, like I mean limbo? And so I was in limbo for a long time and very attached to the idea because it felt like my only way out.
Speaker 1: Did the other ladies feel like that too, Like they were just waiting and waiting and waiting.
Speaker 5: And everyone kept on waiting and waiting and waiting and saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, when did you guys like stop waiting?
Speaker 4: One day, I just stopped waiting.
Speaker 5: It was like a relationship, you know, it's like a weird relationship.
Speaker 4: I just stopped waiting one day.
Speaker 5: I was like this, people are never calling me, like I don't know what's happening. And we had a lot of complications with our cast.
Speaker 4: Let's say, how do we say that?
Speaker 3: Just like that? I think that's a perfect way of putting it. Only you guys, with our listeners, I'm sure we as well know we have an inkling about what you're talking about. We know what complications.
Speaker 5: Let's say this in the world of housewives, it's great for drama, juicy the women who have no self awareness, they make great TV.
Speaker 4: But the drama can't be drama.
Speaker 5: That actually interferes with you making a TV show, right exactly same like it's supposed to still be fun, ladies, and when it goes too far, it's and you have like all of this stuff happening in people's private lives that is like from the show, but now it's happening off screen.
Speaker 4: That's not useful for producers. And so when you have all of these things going on.
Speaker 5: In the background that are insane, it makes it difficult for producers to make a TV show, which at the end of the day, you need people to show up and start filming a TV show.
Speaker 4: You're like, where are you?
Speaker 5: Because I hate her and I'm doing her and it's like, well wait, what so.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question? And please if I'm overstepping, you do not have to answer. But being somebody who's body positive and I come from a world where I used to be much thinner than I am now I am not considered like overweight, but I definitely feel the way game. How what do you ever get tempted by the all the new diet drugs, especially now that you're going to be back on TV.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, how could you not be tempted? It's like, but also I want to like release this shame about.
Speaker 2: This, Like, no, no shame about it, just question.
Speaker 5: Even Okay for me, I've had a really complex journey with food and loving my body and falling.
Speaker 4: In love with myself.
Speaker 3: Welcome me.
Speaker 4: I had to do this my way.
Speaker 5: I had to do this in a way that was sustainable, and that was about my health and my relationship with food.
Speaker 4: And I've spent years doing that.
Speaker 5: And I really am at a point where I feel incredible and healthy. I birthed two beautiful children in my late thirties, Like it was, it's been a transformation that everybody's watched. That being said, I courage every single human being to do whatever they need to do to get healthy. It's like really challenging food stuff, overeating, struggling with your way.
Speaker 4: This stuff is hard to manage.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is. You are preaching to the court, singing to the court, preaching to schools that.
Speaker 4: Are going to make you feel good.
Speaker 5: Do it, and just don't look at other people and say, oh, because she leads this life, it's easy for her, but not for me. It's not easy. It's not easy for people. But it's very tempting for people to look at someone's life on social media and say, oh, well, because she's rich, or she has a chef, or she has this.
Speaker 4: I don't have a chef.
Speaker 5: First of all, I have I run a startup, and I have two babies.
Speaker 4: I have a lot. I'm busy as well.
Speaker 2: Are you getting that kind of backlash?
Speaker 3: Are people being haters?
Speaker 5: They're not haters, but they're like, well, it's easy for you to say you lost the way, you have a trainer, you have this, and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, not easy.
Speaker 5: Period a single morning after not sleeping with a newborn and worked out. I worked out till the day before I gave birth. I've been watching to eat, like, so, don't look at other people's lives and say oh, because it's them.
Speaker 4: They can do it, but.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 4: That doesn't serve you.
Speaker 5: My message to everyone is just take ownership of your own health.
Speaker 4: Don't blame anyone.
Speaker 2: It is on you.
Speaker 4: We all go through.
Speaker 5: Bad things, a lot of people are victims of horrible stuff. That doesn't mean that you can't take control of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's when I say, with that, does that answer it? Yeah? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, it's basically everybody has to do what's right for their own life.
Speaker 5: And if you're tempted, explore it, talk about it with your doctor. It might be great for you. I would one hundred percent be I tell everyone I would be open with doing anything. I want to do all the things to be the best, and I'm not going to experience.
Speaker 4: Any shame around them. And I think that's the weird part is people being like and I'm like what, And I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 3: You know it's changed already just in the short amount of time.
Speaker 4: Whispering about it.
Speaker 5: I'd be telling you it's like when you got a great new skincare serum.
Speaker 4: Friends not high at Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, in the very short time that ozempic and and drugs like ozempic have been around. I think there's been such a shift in the way that people do view them, and I think a lot of that is because of the fact that people are open. I think that that's happened with things like plastic surgery. I think that the more people are open about it, the less shame there is, and every the attitude becomes whatever it is that makes you happy, that makes you feel good. I mean that's I've always been very open about all of those whatever process or procedure I'm trying because like you, it's like I like to share it. If it's making me feel good. Who knows, maybe it'll make you feel good. But I feel like there's the stigma has dropped out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Although I have to be fully authentic, I'm not one hundred percent on the everybody do what works for you thing. I think there does need to be some more regulation around who gets access to these kinds of drugs because I think that if we encourage people who only have five ten pounds to lose to go on these drugs, and then you're stuck on them because when you come off, you gain it back. You set people off on a cycle of eating disorders and disordered eatings that I have a vested in just in not seeing masses of people journey into So I do think there needs to be more regulation. And I don't stand behind people who don't need the drugs going on them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like with a totally different lens, right, But I would say to I answer your question the most honestly I can. I don't know anyone who has struggled with weight their whole life who isn't tempted by all of these being bombarded by all the born afters of Look.
Speaker 4: How amazing miracle.
Speaker 5: But I have learned in every aspect of my life that there is no miracle answer for anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put in the hard work in everything.
Speaker 5: That is the only way true, good, solid, long lasting things are built. It is in relationships in your body.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of which, speaking of work that you put in, tell us about your app please.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, this is another beautiful journey on our fertility app. So my husband, who's this incredible fertility doctor, doctor Arnold, he has a practice here in Beaveraly Hills now, and when what was happening is all, first of all, everybody wanted to see him and not everybody can see him because he's in one place.
Speaker 4: And so that combined with.
Speaker 5: Our own journey of me being told before I met Arnold that I would need IVS and I went to two fancy doctors in California and they both said, you're gonna need IVF, and I just so happened to fall in love with the fertility doctor.
Speaker 4: Ah oh, I love that. It was just like it was perfect.
Speaker 5: And I said to him almost like I think it was our first date. I was like, well, I've been told I need IVF and he was like, okay, well wait.
Speaker 2: Were you Were you trying to get pregnant at the time with your eggs? Oh, so you to see what your fertility status was.
Speaker 5: I wanted to freeze my eggs, oh got it, okay, because I knew I wasn't having a baby anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: He had promised we would have kids for years and years and years, and't it it just never Well, good thing, thank god, And.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to freeze my eggs.
Speaker 5: I went to these doctors in California and both of them are like, well, yeah, you're gonna need to freeze your eggs and you're going to need to do IVF.
Speaker 4: So it's a good thing you're here.
Speaker 5: And I was very it's a big thing to carry as a woman, and so when I was single, like, that's a lot to carry on your shoulders. And so I just so happened to fall in love with the fertility doctor.
Speaker 4: I'm telling him this story.
Speaker 5: And so when we wanted when we were ready for children, we he was like, before we do any IVF, first of all, we're going to like make some changes. And he really helped me like transform some lifestyle things, some diets, some supplements. We started using like proper tracking. Most trackers in apps are not accurate, so we were tracking my ovulation correctly and low on behold, I got pregnant at thirty eight naturally, and then I get up thirty nine naturally.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Were interested in the story in our journey, and so we turned his program into an app called on a Fertility, which allows people to get pregnant at home. And what it does is in the US, especially if you walk into a fertility clinic to get advice about your fertility, you're going to be sold IVF or you're going to be sold egg freezing. It's like walking into a bakery and not being sold bread, do you know what I mean? And so IVF is like really over sold in this country and we wanted to change that because not everybody needs it. There is a lot of data around the fact that a lot of people who are getting it are getting it who would have otherwise got pregnant if they made small changes in their life. Wow, well you can do at home. We've done a lot of research on this ourselves and done a lot of studies.
Speaker 1: And I went through five rounds of IVF myself, so I know, but I destroyed my fertility with my anorexia. But so I think this is so useful and so important because it is so texting on your body and your mental health, your physical health.
Speaker 2: It's really really difficult. Oh it's so expensive.
Speaker 3: And you tell us, like one thing that you you can suggest that's not you know, under the umbrella of IVF that is helpful in terms of fertility, Like what do you what is one of the things that you got.
Speaker 4: Download anestly.
Speaker 5: Download our app on a because what it does is it takes you through all the aspects.
Speaker 4: It's like it has you.
Speaker 5: It's like linked to your wearable if you're using a wearable and like tracking your your movement, your basal body temperature. It talks about nutrition, about the types of workouts you should be doing, a different types of your cycle. Our hormone horoscopes tells you the kinds of things that you need to be consuming and doing. We also have a mental health piece for it, because stress is a huge impact on fertility, and it's a craftful experience. So there's like daily think, daily pump ups and meditations that you're doing to keep your body calm, your mind calm.
Speaker 4: Also it is.
Speaker 5: Does this medical diagnostics that you go through and then gives you a personalized recommendation of what supplements you should be taking. And then it says here's the different supplements. Take these different things, and then it can even send you the medication to your house if you do need a little bit of medication. But all of that and you can chat directly with the fertility doctor who is my husband, doctor Arnold, And so it's like for all of the patients who can't see this doctor in Beverly Hills, you have access to what he would do if you sack down in front of him in your first visit before you get to iv He has a lot of incredible patients who need IVF and for them it's a miracle.
Speaker 2: How did you know how to start an app?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know if I can't even turn on my TV half the time, how did you know how to start an app?
Speaker 4: Maybe? I built companies.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. Business nice, crazy.
Speaker 5: I all developers learned the business, built out the medical diagnostic tools with Arnold, got to know what our patients really needed and wanted. We studied them, built something amazing and wonderful stories have come out of it. And we then launched in Canada and lots of people were using it and people are getting pregnant and so literally this week we launch in the US.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm happy that it's amazing. I'm feeling both inspired and wildly under accomplished straight now.
Speaker 5: Well, it's very important to give access to care, like the medical space is so gated, and I just so happy and to have this incredible doctor with me who told me what to do. If I didn't have him, I would have gone back to that fertility clinic. Spent thirty thousand dollars a pop on IVF, had a lot of trauma from that to my body and you know, my mind and gone through that whole process, and it would have been totally unnecessary.
Speaker 3: We had interviewed a while back Maria Minunos, and she has had quite a bit of you know, health struggle issues and scared, not just scared, she's dealing with a lot, but so she has not just taken the traditional approach. She has also looked into methods that are really serving her and she has she said, brain tumors and hype one diabetes. But she said some things to us when we spoke with her, just about like staring at the sun and that can do in terms of you know, we're always told to stay away from the sun anyway. I mean, I'm digressing, but I think it's always so interesting to find people who have answers that are not necessarily the ones that traditional medicine are providing.
Speaker 5: You know, totally, we're very we're very intertwined with Chinese medicine, nature past and if you follow Arnold Instagram is doctor Arnold MD. He talks about a lot of these things to do, but I'd say one big tip is inflammation. Managing inflammation through diet is a real has a really important impact on your fertility, on the state of your uterine environment, on your ability to get pregnant, and he has found that managing inflammation with his patients has been the game changer for them.
Speaker 1: Wow, you feel like you're done now or are you going to put your app to use?
Speaker 2: For number three?
Speaker 5: I unfortunately got very sick when I gave birth to my daughter.
Speaker 2: Died, So wow, you've had interesting life.
Speaker 4: Wow, it was really stressful.
Speaker 5: I got sepsis and a rare case of it, and I was in the ICU.
Speaker 2: Oh right after birth.
Speaker 5: And so after that they said I wouldn't be able to have any more children, and I just sort of thought that was like god sway of saying or our family, You're comple.
Speaker 1: Was did did anything transfer to your daughter during birth or in utero?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Thank God? And you're totally healthy. Fine, now everything great.
Speaker 5: I've ever been like, definitely much with death as you. If you weren't motivated to take care of your health before you, I mean I was, but I was even more like now, I'm like obsessed with health and wellness.
Speaker 1: So you've got the You've got the fashion line, that's where is that being sold in stores?
Speaker 3: Where is that?
Speaker 2: Where can people find that.
Speaker 5: Oh, I honestly had done I think fifteen collections and so I've just put it to rap because I'm so busy with my fashion, with not my action line, with the app, and so it was that's an all consuming thing. And so I did my last collection about eight months.
Speaker 4: Ago, and then I decided that I just.
Speaker 5: Have to be fully focused on everything we're doing with Anna.
Speaker 4: There's so much excitement.
Speaker 5: And it's just where my interests, Like, you've got to keep evolving creatively, and that's just where my interests were right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll bet you if Toronto, when Toronto comes back and people look at you and your style and what you've got going on, I bet You're going to get some requests to bring back I'll ask.
Speaker 5: But the thing is is that I everyone's like, why if your left collection sold out, Like, why wouldn't you do it again? And I was like, because I need to keep evolving of what is.
Speaker 4: Inspiring me in this moment.
Speaker 5: Like I had a lot of ideas that I really wanted to get out in fashion.
Speaker 4: I got those out and now I'm like obsessed with everything that's happening in.
Speaker 5: Fertility and wellness and women women's health, and like, the more I learn about it, the more I understand that it's so many gatekeepers, it's not accessible to so many women. And I was like, the whole reason for the fashion line was to have an impact on someone who wasn't able to get something that would fit them.
Speaker 4: Like it started. I'm obsessed with fashion.
Speaker 5: I love fashion, but it started because I wanted to help change a moment in their life where they felt shame or where they would literally miss a wedding because they didn't have something to wear. That's where that started. And so my goal of empowering and inspiring women is just keeps evolving.
Speaker 4: And this is where it's brought me now.
Speaker 1: I love that. Can I just tell you what I so relate to that because and I know it was a really long time ago, but I was very overweight in high school and I wrote a book and I wrote about this in my book that I had a really hard time with the whole prom dress shopping because everyone in high school, all the stores in the wall are catered to women being like, at the most a size eight, and I couldn't find a dress. And I would watch all of the other seventeen eighteen year olds buying these tiny little dresses, and I would go into stores and absolutely nothing would fit me, and I had to have something made, and like the dry cleaner made something from my mom found someone to make me a dress and it was a mess and it was just like one long piece of felt.
Speaker 2: And I honestly felt so awful at my prom.
Speaker 1: And the whole experience of shopping when nothing fits you is unless you've been through it, it is so draining and amiliating and exhausting, and so I like applaud you.
Speaker 3: I was in high school and with my best friend shopping and there was nothing, and she said to me in a dressing room, maybe we should go over to She was very like Lane Bryant or and I remember being so insulted. Yeah, and it was the truth. There was nothing to fit me. I needed to go to Lane Bryant. But I was if you guys listeners, that's like a plus size store. Is it still around? I think it is.
Speaker 4: I think it is.
Speaker 2: There was a store in my wall called five seven nine. Did you know about that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Did they have that in Canada? Oh my god, what a disaster.
Speaker 1: It was like basically to like the sizes five seven nine, but they weren't five seven nine. Everything was like a size zero two or a four and four was the biggest you could get, and like to even have a store like that.
Speaker 2: It was so humiliating to somebody.
Speaker 3: Andy Melville is like that, I think, yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 5: I think it was an interesting space to be in. I loved it, but I did it at a time when no one was doing it, and I was very proud of all the work that I've done. But now I feel like there are choices, and so I'm on to conquer and disrupt.
Speaker 4: The next industry. I love that you have to just and everyone's like.
Speaker 5: But we want anything suits and I was like, I know, okay, just wait for me to retire and then I'll do a resort.
Speaker 4: We're alyve like, I just can't right now. I can't do everything.
Speaker 1: So when you have time, you have time to be a mom and do the app and film the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I can't also then also run my clothing line right afore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I have to chick and choose.
Speaker 5: I have to, and why not leave when something successful before it ends up on like the sales rack and the outlet for you.
Speaker 1: I love that well, I love that we're interviewing you during like International Women's Month because you're so inspiring and I'm grateful for women like you in the world because you put a lot of good into the world.
Speaker 2: And you guys, you guys are thank you and.
Speaker 4: Entertaining people don't. Don't.
Speaker 5: Let's not that we're entertainers and we're people's escape when they're sitting at home.
Speaker 4: They're like, we just I loved watching you.
Speaker 5: It's like a mom from your own life that you just get to like to be in someone else's world.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and for sure that like the Housewives, Past Housewives, kind Housewives, anyone who's ever been.
Speaker 2: A housewife or on these shows.
Speaker 1: It's almost like you know what each other is going through, even if you don't love each other like a sorority. It truly is you have something that a few people understand.
Speaker 4: But I've met.
Speaker 5: Girls from actually met girls from your show, and I've met girls from other New York shows, let's say, and there. I remember like Ramona turns to me and I better week and I was like, oh, I'm in the real houses at Toronto.
Speaker 4: She's like, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 5: And I was like, so it sounds like her like how many seasons did you know? And I was like, oh, I've just done one season. She was like, I've done like twenty or I don't know when I don't have any.
Speaker 3: That was part of it, I have to say, And only Ramona Ramona's case, could that be part of the charm? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Only she could pull up.
Speaker 3: Maybe not for you in that moment, but she was when you say, no self awareness, like that's Ramona.
Speaker 5: But and we were like show and I was already self conscious because I was like the plus size one at the show. And I don't know that's my own issue. But it was just like not all, not all of the women are like, oh, you're not in my sorority, honey, Oh well.
Speaker 2: You're in our sorority. And when the show comes back, Jen and I would would love to fly to Toronto to be at the premiere party.
Speaker 4: Well let's I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I don't know that the next tomorrow there's gonna be like a there's gonna be an article that Roxy.
Speaker 4: Says the show I did. I just for the.
Speaker 3: Record, I'm manifesting and I can't stand that one we're manifesting.
Speaker 2: I like that word.
Speaker 4: Yes, no confornimation. You could give me advice.
Speaker 5: You probably know better than me, like, how does it actually work?
Speaker 4: How long do they make you? Wait?
Speaker 3: That's Jackie, she knows way better than me.
Speaker 4: Do you actually hear? Like I actually wanted to know?
Speaker 2: You may be able a friend. It's all different.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you've got a six, it's all about money, right, So if the pilot gets advertising, then you're on.
Speaker 2: You know it'll be a go.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's all the TV world, Like sometimes I cancel things that I don't know, Like they just canceled VANDR Punk rolls right like the current cast and they were.
Speaker 2: Like killing it. So I don't know. Sometimes I don't know how it works.
Speaker 4: I don't know either.
Speaker 5: I don't know if any of us are going back to the house. I this is the answer, but they were all, you're going. Can someone let us all know, like a group email would be helpful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, and are going to try to make an app so we have something to do just exactly so I have.
Speaker 5: An app for you. I have a big I have some ideas.
Speaker 3: I have some idea a menopause menopause app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need a menopause I.
Speaker 5: Already built a menopause app and we'd use it privately with some of Arnold's menopause patients. And I think that's another space that has so much un known information.
Speaker 3: Like starting it's actually though it's starting to take off. I see a lot of menopause pages, a lot of like Tamson Fidal, who was a newscaster for a long time. She has created a whole sorority. How about we call it that of women who I know are dedicated to addressing menopause and talking about it out loud and again like taking a stigma of it, you know, and away. And so that's exciting.
Speaker 5: Think you've privately done that with our patients, and it's just for a few people.
Speaker 4: We just like testing ideas and stuff.
Speaker 5: But we are very very focused on We're very very focused on fertility right now because it's just it's sure lane, it's really important to manage right now. That's just a big enough business. It's in terms of like so many people without access, Like once I've conquered that, and I feel like I've successfully disrupted the industry. If people walk into a fertility clinic and on our immediately oversold IVF and people start trying things at home before they walk into a fertility doctor's office or before they start IVF. Then I feel like we've done a bit of our job. And then for all the amazing people who needed they see people like Arnold, who isn't one of these big clinics.
Speaker 4: He's just solo doctor doing great work.
Speaker 5: And so it's like how medicine was supposed to be, you know what I mean. Once those things have all returned, then maybe I can change my right but.
Speaker 2: That's my focus.
Speaker 1: Well, you're super inspiring. I'm so glad we got a chance to meet you. I've loved talking to you.
Speaker 4: Same. Thank you, ladies.
Speaker 2: So where can people find you?
Speaker 5: My Instagram's luxurious Roxy. My husband's is doctor Arnold m Z.
Speaker 2: It's also a pleasure last name.
Speaker 4: His last name is Mahesen. Oh I how to pronounce it, So we just say doctor makes me love it.
Speaker 3: But we are really, really really hoping that we are going to see you on our TVs and not just our Instagram feeds.
Speaker 4: So YouTube back on.
Speaker 3: You appreciate that, We appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe must.
Speaker 5: Start in summer because nobody is filming in New Jersey in the winter.
Speaker 2: Oh, we used to.
Speaker 1: We used to start in March every year, and they used to before I got on it seven years ago.
Speaker 2: They used to film over the holidays, and.
Speaker 3: I love getting Christmas.
Speaker 4: How do you bring the outfits in the snow? It's so much harder.
Speaker 2: There's not a ton of snow here. It's just bitter cold.
Speaker 5: Okay, because like I'm like in Stiletto's in a snowstorm.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this isn't a look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's it's well, the humidity is no joke either. In the summer.
Speaker 1: So you know, I've had many of the horrific I don't even want to call it a bad hair day.
Speaker 2: I'll call it a horrific hair day on the show.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, if I start seeing really good GLAMs showing up on your Instagram's ladies come summer, and you know, your mouth to God's.
Speaker 3: Ear, it's like, thank you so much, thank you, Roxy, what a pleasure.
Speaker 4: With all of you, and sending you lots of love and good energy.
Speaker 5: To you to you as well, Okay. By my sorority sisters, My sister