Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, December fifth, twenty twenty three. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. It's me your Man, MG, Marcus Grant joined by Michael f. Florio. We got a fun show for you today. Matt Ocatta is going to drop by with his top waiver wire targets for the week, but first answering fan questions as we get closer to the start of the fantasy playoffs. Let's get to some of your questions real quick. You send them to us on Twitter x at Fantasy NFL Fantasy Rather. Kouba wants to know what do we do with Adam Thielen.
Speaker 2: You bench him and maybe even drop him. Like the numbers when Frank Reich isn't calling the plays are vastly different than what they are when he calls them.
Speaker 1: Plus, you didn't draft him to do all this much for you, so you could probably move on from him. Alexandra wants to know Cup or Puoka. But at this point, I think it's Pooka six straight games with less than fifty receiving yards for Cooper Cup. I don't know if he's fully healthy or what the deal is, but Pouka Nakua really has taken over as the wide receiver one in Los Angeles. This one for you from Dale is DK. I must start each week.
Speaker 2: I'll say yes to appease you guys, but no, like I know he went off this past week. Coming into this game, he was a wide receiver three, averaging less Fantasy points per game than Gabe Davis. Like, yeah, you're gonna start DK, metcalf, I get it. But all the people being like you never sit a wide receiver one clearly weren't paying attention to the output that DK had been giving you the first twelve weeks.
Speaker 1: The Seahawks passing game hadn't been that great before Thursday night last one. Bryce wants to know who do I start rest's schedule full PPR McBride or Ken Kaid. These are first world problems here, Bryce. I'm gonna say Trey McBride, but this feels like there's no real wrong answer here. But Trey McBride has been lights out in the last month or so, so that's the guy that I would go with. Let's get some of the top Waiver one targets for the week are pal Matt o'cott has put together his list for Week fourteen. Quarterbacks got Josh Dobbs, Baker, Mayfield Gardner, Minshew Joe Flacco. Welcome back Joe Flacco at thirty eight years old, the Desmond Ritter and Matthew Stafford. Moving on to some running backs, Chuba Hubbard, Ti j Spears, Ezekiel Elliott going on Thursday night against the Stevens, Antonio Gibson Commanders on a bye, but worth stashing there, Keaton Mitchell as the Ravens come back off there by Roshawn Johnson, Elijah Mitchell because you should be handcuffing your elite players at this point the season, and Michael Carter again the Cardinals also on a bye this week. Some pass catchers at wide receiver Curtis Samuel, Elijah Moore, Greg Dertsch, Noah Brown, and John Metchi with Tank Dell out for the season, Jonathan Mingo, who's put together a couple of decent games the last couple of weeks, Isaiah Likely Jarled Everett, and Kate Atten. As we talk about the tight ends. Time now to bring in the one and only Matt o'catta, who writes the Waiver Wire column. You can find it at NFL dot com slash waiver wire. Two teams on a bye, which is not optimal considering it's the last week of the fantasy regular season. But I guess if there's a silver lining, it's Arizona and Washington. So maybe a couple of guys of not missing, but not an overwhelming number. Matt So, but let's start at quarterback because Joe Flacco thirty eight years old. I will say he comes directly off the couch and throws the ball well, but look, he hasn't been playing for a while and actually looked decent this past week for the Browns.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know where he's been throwing. Maybe it wasn't the couch, maybe was his backyard, it wasn't on an NFL field, but you wouldn't know it the way he came out and slung it this past week. And the same thing happened last year with the Jets, and this year we said, well, no, he can't do it again. He's another year older and he's been out of the league for even longer, and this team's not good. He threw for two hundred and fifty four yards a pair of touchdown passes, sixteen fantasy points with a pick and he just looked to good, like maybe the best we've seen from a Browns quarterback all year or in recent years. So I know this sounds crazy, but I'm not opposed to looking at Joe Flacco if you were relying on Kyler or Sam Howell, who are two of those somewhat usable guys that are out this week. Next week he gets to Jaguars. They've actually been pretty soft to fantasy quarterbacks over the last five weeks, and they have allowed several big performances and a few surprising streams throughout this season. It would help a lot if Amari Cooper is active. He should be in the concussion protocol after last Sunday, so keep an eye on that because that will be his number one weapon, obviously. But there's a lot of holes at QB these days, and a lot of streamers who could project in this range. I think Flacco is one of them, and probably the most easily acquired.
Speaker 2: And oh Kotta, you do this every week, and for weeks now you have been telling people to pick up Chuba Hubbard. It feels like more than half the year you've been saying this. This feels like people's last chance to do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it is almost certainly the last chance because he's pretty heavily rostered finally, and he just had another big game, So I think this is your last shot to pick him up. And forty percent of NFL dot com players started him last week, So congratulations to all of you who got his twenty two point four fantasy points against the Bucks. To the rest of you, go and pick him up. That marks two straight games for Hubbard with twenty plus fantasy points, and this past Sunday was his best on the ground by far, twenty five carries for one hundred and four yards in what was this first game of the post Frank Reich era, So I'm optimistic we could see more of that moving forward. Miles Sanders once again looked incredibly inefficient and should honestly not be seeing anything more than a couple change of pace touches moving forward in my opinion, and this is important to note. The Panthers were able to stay in that game. I think that's why we saw so much from Hubbard. I think they can do that again next week against the Sinks, and the week after that to get that against the Falcons. Both the visional games against opponents there kind of middle of the road, and the Saints Rundy is not what it was for many years that vaunted d that you could not start anyone against.
Speaker 1: So I'm willing.
Speaker 3: To roll Hubbard out there this week and I think rest of season.
Speaker 1: Speaking of running backs that play in a Southern division, ty J. Spears as a guy who's had a decent role all year long. Now, look, we thought maybe Derek Henry is going to be a concussion protocol, then Mike Rabel said he's not. But it does feel like people should still be adding Spears just because he seems to be carving out a decent role in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, it's a little bit of calum in a little bit of column B there. One. We don't know exactly what's going on with Henry. Well, we're going to have to keep our ear to the beat reporters in Tennessee to see what happens with him, whether he's limited anyway. But like you said, Spears has looked decent in various opportunities that he's gotten. And if anything, if this particular injury pans out poorly for Henry, or if anything else happens over the next couple of weeks, which we've seen and happened recently with other big running backs. Spears would be an absolute locked and loaded starter. He was unsurprisingly excellent in relief on Sunday, took twenty two opportunities for eighty eight yards. That's the kind of thing we've seen from him when he's gotten chances. They're also the rest of the season's schedule for them, Miami, Houston, Seattle, and Houston. I think those were already looking intriguing for Spears because they're likely to be high scoring affairs where the Titans are heavy underdogs and they have to look to the pass game more often, where Spears has been more used. So again, if Henry misses any time or is limited any way, Spears becomes a locked and loaded starter. If not, he's a potential pinch hit flex and you want him on your bench anyways, just in case.
Speaker 2: I think I'm getting the pinch hit references in there with the Angels memorabilia behind him. Yeah, speaking of backs, who are gonna, you know, kind of be in fill in duty right now, Zeke Elliott, it looks like Rimandre Stevenson times against him this week with them playing on Thursday night. What do you think of Zeke if he gets to start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Unlike with Henry, this looks to me like we're not going to see Ramandre certainly this week, maybe again this season. It depends, of course, on the nature of the spring he's got. It's also worth noting the Patriots that don't have anything at all to compete for except the number one pick right now, though it doesn't really make sense to rush Stevenson back in any way. So Zeke is the maybe the hottest commodity at the position. This week. He's looked surprisingly good given his age, in recent inefficiencies with the Cowboys, and how bad this offense is. But I think he's going to be the undisputed lead and likely bell cow back for this team down the stretch. And he put up ninety two scrimmage yards once again in that kind of relief position for when Stevenson went out last week. That included forty yards through the air on four catches, which is big and it is a lot of how Ramandre Stevenson has been fantasy relevant in this terrible offense. You have to be able to to do that because they're not going to put up a lot of points. They're not going to be able to run on teams much, but if you can catch the ball, you can put up fantasy points. So I think we see that from Zeke. I think he has low mid low to mid RB three floor because of the volume with an RB two ceiling win Stevenson's out.
Speaker 1: You know, when we talk about great fantasy QB duos this year, I mean we got to talk about Dak and CD, Jalen and AJ Brown two and Tyreek. We got to talk about Joe Flacco and Elijah Moore because apparently that's a thing now that they're together in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: It is, and it's been a thing before, so maybe we shouldn't be surprised about this. But yeah, Amari Cooper left Sunday's game in the concussion protocol, and now Elijah Moore's old flame, Joe Flacco is back in a quarterback for the Browns as a result of that combination of circumstances. Most likely, Moore had twelve targets for eighty three yards, both season highs. It was his third game with twelve plus fantasy points in the last four weeks, so he's kind of been creeping in on waiver interest regardless. But now. Listen, he's flashed talent all year. He's flashed talent throughout his whole career, but for some reason, he just doesn't seem to get used the way that we all think he should. The one guy who seems willing to do that is Joe Flacco. He's in a quarterback whether or not Cooper suits up this next week against the Jaguars. I think you're rolling More out there as a fringe starter in PPR, and if Cooper does miss time, I think More becomes a fringe must start with legitimate eight ten catch upside, and it's worth noting that he had those twelve fantasy points and those eighty three yards on just four catches on Sunday because of a really low catch rate. I think if Flacco gets another week to work in and the two of them get another week to work together, we could see that come up, which means his fantasy points come.
Speaker 2: Up, moving to tight ends. We've only seen one game of Isaiah Likely without Mark Andrews. It was more of a floor game, but there's probably a lot more up, so I Lely's think there is. How do you feel about Isaiah Likely o'cata.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like him a lot, and I think to your point, we saw six targets and eight fantasy points in that game, the first game with Al Andrews, and those did feel like floors, and those are great floors for a tight end. We say this often in the waiver segment. I say it off in the waiver column. If you're gonna get six catches five catches and put up eight to ten fantasy points as a floor, that is going to be solid enough as a streamer tight end. And we absolutely have seen Likely Likely put up higher ceilings himself, and Andrews of course put up higher ceilings, which means the opportunities there for Likely to do the same. Baltimore was on bye week last week, so he may be heavily available. Go take a look. They get the Rams defense next week, who's been soft against tight ends all year. I think Likely is as good a bed as nearly anyone for five catches and fifty yards in the position. And if you throws in a touchdown, you have a great start.
Speaker 1: One last one. We all talk a lot about defenses, we talk about the waiver wire here, but the Colts, you look at the next four games for them, and it lines up pretty well. If you're talking about streaming defenses are playing matchups. The Colts have about as good as schedule as you could imagine right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I begged our producer to let me throw this defense in here, which we don't do that often because of how crazy this is. This is what I wrote in the column this week. If you have the Cowboys, the Ravens, or maybe the Steelers, you can move on and ignore what I'm saying. If you do not have one of those three defenses, drop whoever you have and pick up the Colts. They have scored double digit fantasy points in four straight games, totaled sixty nine fantasy points over that span, four plus sacks in each, nine takeaways, three touchdowns in total in those games. And here is that rest of the season's schedule you mentioned Marcus, the Jake Browning Bengals, the Kenny Pickett slash Mitcheubisky Steelers don't even know, but it doesn't matter. The desmon Ridder Falcons and the Aiden O'Connell Raiders. I would not be surprised if they're the number one DST rest of season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we were always trying to find great matchups and this one, just four excellent matchups handed to you on a silver platter. If you want more out of silver platter, go to nfl dot com slash Waiver Wire get Matt's Waiver Wire picks for the week. Also, go check him out on Twitter at Matt o'cotta. Matt as always appreciated man. We'll talk to you soon. There it goes Matt o'cott I'll be sure to check him out, and be sure to hang around check us out too, because we'll be back with you later on in the week, keeping our fingers crossed about any injury news. Hopefully we get some of these guys back, because final week of the fantasy regular season is now upon us. In the meantime, that is it. We are done. We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Tomorrow, we're previewing the first chunk of the week fourteen slate of games. You know the drill. Tell two friends to tell it, two friends rate review, and remember you like a postage stamp, stick to a thing until you get there. Be safe, take care of yourselves, and we'll talk to you again real soon.