Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio.
Speaker 2: News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Carroll and I'm joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Know and Louise good morning. Let's start in Italy with Mediobanker shares rising this morning.
Speaker 1: Why that's after their board has essentially approved plans to delist, so they're going to d list the investment bank. That's after it was acquired last year for seventeen billionaires by montepascy so I created Italy's third last largest lender by assets. And now this is the next step, so it's being fully integrated, so both banks coming together. As you say, Media Banker shares rose. They are off about nine percent in Milan this morning. ANALYSSA A isentally saying, you know, this next step should help both of the banks maximize their potential to the focus now is how they're going to execute on that merger, how they're going to deliver on cost savings that were promised as part of that merger. So yeah, investors taking it well, as this next step happens to delist media banker.
Speaker 3: That's a media banker.
Speaker 2: Let's go to buyer.
Speaker 3: And next the German chemicals company is we're seeing their shares this morning lower after some news around settlements. This is to do with the lawsu itself roundup weed killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, indeed, so they've agreed to pay more than seven billion dollars as part of this. This is them trying to resolve, as you say, these cases over the weed killer that is to do with it with it being linked to cancer. So this is both current and future lawsuits. So they're trying to resolve. They're so seven billion dollars, you know, assessment plan, moving on. It's been really hitting the company for years. It's been something that's been been going along for years and really been hitting Bear. So paying this and as you say, shares shares felled today that they fell about seven percent. They had actually risen by a similar amount yesterday afternoon after this news and then and then as I say, falling this morning. One comment was saying that, you know, it is likely the best possible outcome, but it's not necessarily the breakthrough that investors had hoped for, So maybe that explains that the change in that share price reaction. And there's also the kind of added challenge around this, and as this all settles in one limiting the financial burden on the company, but also making the compensation good enough essentially to prevent more or renewed litigation going forward. So a bit of a mixed picture there, but settling that for Bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course this is one that has been a long running story for company, so one to think about this morning. We're going to turn next to Raspberry Pie, the computer maker. Shares have risen sharply and been halted at some stages for volatility this morning. Louise at what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a really interesting one, apologies, a really interesting one today thirty three percent rasby Pie. Yesterday they had their best one day performance since twenty twenty four IPO since they listened in twenty twenty four. They're up about ninety percent in the week, so they've now got a valuation of about one billion pounds. And the trigger around this is a social media post, so it's saying that some AI agents could drive demand for the type of computers that Rosby Pie makes, so they're seeing Rosby Pie as the kind of ideal hardware platform for these AI agents, so causing the stock to saw this is this is happening, as I say, through the whole week. There's also a bit of play here of short sellers closing their negative bets. Also as a result of this, it had been one of the most shorted stocks in Europe, so they're closing those negative bets. And there was a note from Jeffrey saying, you know that all this chatter on social media could support further upside. So we're keeping an eye see if these games will continue. But quite a remarkable week so far from usby Pie.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.