Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Bruce. Thanks for pulling up a chair today on Table for two. I had lunch last week with an incredibly talented actress by the beach. I might add you all know her. She's from across the pond, though she's from Great Britain, the incredible mini driver. And I thought, you know what, you guys should listen to a little bit more of this conversation. It was so good. She's so enchanting and extremely honest. So enjoy today's snippet. I'm gonna call it of our conversation. The full lunch will drop next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I think I know the answer to this, and no, maybe I don't.
Speaker 3: Where's your happy place?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean my happy place is in the ocean, But the happy happiest is if I can see the people that I love on the beach and wave to them occasionally, and a.
Speaker 2: Cold beer and a cold beer, yes, PACIFICA do you soa?
Speaker 5: When have you not asked for permission but then had to ask for forgiveness?
Speaker 3: Boy? Oh boy, that's a great question. I pretty much feel like every time I've opened my map.
Speaker 4: Great, I really done.
Speaker 3: And my mother was the same.
Speaker 4: She said, what she thought, which most often was not the most politic It was not the thing that was going to endear her to certain people, but it was how she felt, and there was a wonder of articulation in it. I don't believe in being sloppy in the things that you say. Even the most outlandish things that I've said, I could probably I could still defend them because I understand what they were, how they were articulated, from what place that was coming from. But I don't think you should waste time censoring what you what you feel, if you've given it some thought. You know, women are called outspoken. I've never heard of a man be called outspoken. I think it's my least favorite word, along with should, because what is that spoken outside of what the bands of what has been described as.
Speaker 3: Acceptable of that.
Speaker 4: It is speaking what you feel and what you think, and people often don't like it because it doesn't accommodate the sensibility of like not offending anybody, or maybe I should stop talking now.
Speaker 5: I think you answered I didn't know what you would say, and I think it's a great answer.
Speaker 2: What is the first hour of your day and when you are not working?
Speaker 4: I mean, it really is like it's coffee with my love, like first and foremost. I love that sort of slightly sleepy early morning coffee sitting in a robe, knowing that like going and doing something physical is what comes next. It's sort of like this lovely calm before the storm. And then I love the storm. I love I love going for a run, I love dancing, I love surf. Whatever it is I'm gonna go, do I really enjoy that? So that first hour.
Speaker 5: Is that That's key. And also, you know what I like about that is like the appreciation of time.
Speaker 4: What movie is.
Speaker 5: That the most influence on you? And what did it influence?
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't give any of these heads.
Speaker 3: I didn't give these ahead of times. I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I mean with Neela and I had a really huge effect on me when I was I think I was fifteen when that movie came out, and I know this is a movie. There are no women in this film at all. It does not pass the Bechdel test, does not like it is not.
Speaker 3: PC.
Speaker 4: But there is the most genius confluence of tragedy and humor in that film. The way it is shot, there's a voracity to it. The performances Richard D. Grant is savagely brilliant. I think I realized how films, the films that I would love and the films that I wanted to make, were the ones that really did make you laugh, but ultimately were gut wrenching. By the time Richard Ybrant at the end of that film is in Regent's Park in the pouring rain, reciting Hamlet. I mean, I'm in tears every time, and yet I've I've laughed all the way along and the sat the soundtrack is incredible that it's sharply edited.
Speaker 3: There's no fat on that movie.
Speaker 4: There's a leanness to the performances, no indulgent non It's just it set me up for knowing.
Speaker 3: What it was I want. I wanted to be attracted to.
Speaker 5: In a word, if you had to just be descriptive, Robin Williams.
Speaker 4: The kindest, the most generous, all that other stuff, all of the many things that he was.
Speaker 3: He was kind and he was generous.
Speaker 5: Two of the things that value most in people, of kindness and generosity. If you had to sort of pick a word to describe both places in your life, Hollywood, London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe the many that's the many of Hollywood and the mini of London.
Speaker 3: It's so weird because I.
Speaker 4: Know how to be in both those places and they require almost like a different head.
Speaker 3: It's like I have it in my carry on and as we're landing take care of the English, threw it on, put away my sunny hair. But there's I feel like I need both.
Speaker 4: I get that because I let's face that, I really did live until COVID. We only kind of semi move back to London during COVID and as a function of my kid being able to go to school, like I have lived here for twenty seven years in California, and I was twenty four when I arrived, and I'm fifty four and I literally feel like I went to Pavilions to get milk.
Speaker 3: And that's it, Isn't it crazy? It's insane.
Speaker 1: I always say be prepared because when you hit.
Speaker 2: Thirty, it's like someone trusses a button and it goes into fast forward and fifty. They lift their thumb up first.
Speaker 3: Second and you're like, oh my god, what happen?
Speaker 2: And then they press it again, so we're in the zone. First concert, oh my god, it.
Speaker 3: Was the slippery when went tal Bon Jovie literally my friend held up a.
Speaker 4: Sign like you know, John say hi, and she literally disappeared backstage. I did not.
Speaker 3: I got the tube home.
Speaker 5: You okay, So this is you know, Donna Summer, MacArthur's part or Gloria Gainers.
Speaker 4: I will survive, Oh, I mean in the winter in London, MacArthur Park, I don't think I can take it anymore.
Speaker 3: Nah, I will survive.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The minute you hear that, what a thousand percent?
Speaker 5: Music's in your blood?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you better believe it.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, And I'll get up and dance anyway, much of the horror of my son.
Speaker 5: Thank you for taking the time.
Speaker 3: Wow you today. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 4: It was really delicious and it was really lovely talking to you.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for pulling up a chair, and have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you for pulling up a chair. I love our lunches and never forget the romance of a meal. If you enjoy the show, please tell a friend and rate and review us on Apple Potts. Table for Two with Bruce Bozzi is produced by iHeartRadio seven three seven Park and Airmail. Our executive producers are Bruce Bosi and Nathan King. Our supervising producer is Dylan Fagan. Our editors are Vincent to Johnny and Cas b Bias. Table for two is researched and written by Jack Sullivan. Our sound engineers are Mio B. Klein, Jess Krainich, Evan Taylor, and Jesse Funk. Our music supervisor is Randall Poster. Our talent booking is done by Jane Sarkin. Table for two Social media manager is Gracie Wiener. Special thanks to Amy Sugarman, Uni Scherer, Kevin Yuvane, Bobby Bauer, and Alison Kanter Graber. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.