Speaker 1: I think we probably talked about this last time about had you ever been to a summer camp or not?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 3: We talked about that.
Speaker 1: So then I'm going to ask, have you ever been a Brownie or a girl Scout?
Speaker 3: Did we ever talk about that?
Speaker 2: I think we have too.
Speaker 3: Did we we get nothing left that?
Speaker 1: Our relationship is over at this point, we have nothing left to discuss.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us in Magical rewind. It's going to be a short, short episode.
Speaker 2: Because I was a Brownie.
Speaker 4: I think I had mentioned that my mom when she talks about how I was in my Brownie uniform, there was nothing I was more proud of at that age. I was like my Brownie uniform. I was just every time we put it on, it was very excited for me. I loved all my patches, you know, it was a whole thing. And then I think I had mentioned so a lot of my friends continued there brownies. Actually, Adrian by Loan went through my the my friend.
Speaker 2: The Cheetah Girl went through the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Like there's like a graduation, so it can go all the way through high school.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: So in Boy Scouts, it's Eagle Scout is the one that's like the big one where you get a presidential whatever.
Speaker 3: I never made it there. I was a boy scout, Okay.
Speaker 1: So what's the what's the Brownie and girl Scout equivalent of an Eagle Scout?
Speaker 4: Brownie is either the very first one or there might be one under it kind of goes by age, I think, is what I remember, So I think there might be like a little one under that. But Brownie's kind of like the first, and then I think there's daisies, and then I feel like it's just girl Scouts, Like you're just like a girl.
Speaker 3: Then what's that what?
Speaker 1: I'm like, they have to have the equivalent of like the Eagle Scout in the girl Scouts, So it's something did you get how to dispose my body?
Speaker 4: I did one year of Brownies and that was all my schedule will allow me to do, because then I was doing soccer and dance.
Speaker 1: What badges did you get if you didn't get the disposed of a body badge?
Speaker 4: I think it was I think I could like kind of like they were like kind of crafting ones or learning. I feel like we learned how to do the fire, But it wasn't like what you see in the movies.
Speaker 2: It was like you light a match exactly.
Speaker 3: I was already smoking as a boy scout, so I just pull out my zippo. I think that was the easiest way to do it.
Speaker 1: But I am going to google this really quickly because now I really want to know.
Speaker 2: Now you need to know.
Speaker 1: I want to know what's the what's the girl Scout?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I that's one thing that pops right up.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Girl Scout Gold Award is the most prestigious award in girl scouting quick and I had scout.
Speaker 2: In quite a few friends in my area that continue to go through it like and that. And my dad.
Speaker 4: I remember when like the youngest of my friends that we played soccer together, You're gonna love.
Speaker 2: Her name was.
Speaker 4: Lindsay Knuckles, and her mom and her were really big, really big into the girl scout world, and so she was who my dad always would get the girl Like she would come to Fred's house. My dad and was like, all right, you're gonna get your forty boxes this year, and He's like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Up in it to fifty.
Speaker 3: Girl like you call her dad, Fred.
Speaker 4: Well, when I put them in situations like that and he's like both my parents in a lot of senses to me are like kind of my little cartoon characters. They're so cute and funny and they've got the best like little stories, and like the fact that my dad is pretty much a cookie monster is just so funny.
Speaker 2: So I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: He would have he would buy fifteen from this one.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They would all kind of hit up.
Speaker 4: My dad like, hey are you getting Hey, I'm really low on my account this year.
Speaker 2: Would out, he would, he would we would have.
Speaker 4: Them all year long because he would get there, made so many, I know, and he was always such a good Oh really, you're not a mint guy, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't like mint. Like to me, mint belongs to toothpaste. But for some reason, thin Min's cold, thin Min's from the freezer.
Speaker 3: I can keep those all day because.
Speaker 2: Intimate, Yes, mine, mine are well.
Speaker 4: They used to be called Samoa's and then got changed to Caramel Delights.
Speaker 3: I think something like that.
Speaker 4: Good, Yeah, I think, yeah, there's there was a new one that I tried. So now I'm like, I can't go past them at the grocery store. And knowing that they take venmo zelle, they take everything, but you can't say you can no longer say oh, I don't have any cash on me, babe, sorry, like we take zell venmo oh man.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 1: That's when I just run away and as I'm like stop it now.
Speaker 4: No, I can't. I can't walk by them. It's just too cute.
Speaker 1: They set out, they set up for us out here, sometimes in front of weed dispensaries.
Speaker 2: Yes, which I think is brilliant, brilliant. I mean that is yes, genius, so good. I don't know what kind of parenting that says.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's really range for me.
Speaker 2: I mean it's business marketing.
Speaker 4: But you know, the one thing I will say, and I don't know if I have walked past them, is the boy Scouts because they sell popcorn.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is jar though.
Speaker 2: Yes, this popcorn is so good.
Speaker 4: Though, I will say that it's probably some of the coolest different types of popcorn I've ever had. I got three bags, thinking that's the same thing that do we do at a girl's cat. I'm gonna get one box of cookies. I'm gonna get three maybe four from you guys. That's gonna be a good, little like little purchase for you. I got three bags of I'm like, I'm gonna get one for myself. My dad likes one, my mother and like one, So I got three. Why did I walk away? I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 2: It was like sixty dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, I did the same thing five dollars.
Speaker 2: I went, I can't be the cheap old lady.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh I can't. Yeah, I got that. I'm giving this back to you badge that day. I don't want your Bobby Well.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends your pj's and you're super expensive popcorn and go back to a time and all the houses are smart, the waves, tsunamis and the boy Scouts didn't.
Speaker 3: Bother you outside every grocery store. I'm Wilfred Dell.
Speaker 2: And I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 3: Oh we're here.
Speaker 1: It was the eightieth dcom ever made, Yes, eight zero ever made, yet one of the most popular of all time, but if you ask me, still not as good as band Slam. This week we are tackling a sequel. It's twenty ten's musical Camp Rock two. This time it's personal No camp Rock to the Fire Final Jam this is the last time any of them are eating jelly.
Speaker 3: The movie premiered on September third, two thous.
Speaker 1: We needed to Make You Less and I love it. I am gonna get that smoothie out of your nose one day. The movie premiered on September third, twenty ten. This after the overwhelming success of the first Camp Rock, a hit that helped catapult both Demi Levado and the Jonas.
Speaker 3: Brothers into a new stratosphere of fame.
Speaker 1: So, going into Camp Rock two, were you able to recall how we left Camp Rock one or anything from the original, or did you need to do a quick kind of overview of what happened. I remembered that where they were at camp and they were rocking. Other than that, I was a little bit lost.
Speaker 3: How about it.
Speaker 2: I remember the visuals. I remembered the camp.
Speaker 4: I remembered the camp stage where we saw the you know, where we saw Jonas brothers for the first time really rocking out, showing that they were a real band.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: I remember all the visuals of it. I remember the mom, the uncle, I remember the characters. I couldn't, I mean, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Do you remember all the characters?
Speaker 1: I didn't remember some of her friends, all right, Oh right, I remember al yes, and I remember the bad Girl because Megan.
Speaker 3: It's Megan, because she was she was on our show.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I remember the other one of them. I don't remember their character names, but one of them was just at the.
Speaker 2: Premiere, and I remember looking at her and going, oh, she was from Camp Rock, I remember, you know.
Speaker 4: And then the one that I had forgot was had the storyline of going out on stage by herself at the end performance. Yes, yes, you know, and like went away from her. She was a part of the Mean Girls and then broke away and did her own things. So when she came on stage, I went, oh, yeah, I forgot. I wasn't anticipating, but once I saw her, I.
Speaker 3: Remember the dislocated shoulder.
Speaker 1: I remember the remember how she talked about how everyone thought she was dislocating her shoulder.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 1: I remember that she dated one of the Jonas brothers, like in the movie she and the Jonahs brother phone.
Speaker 3: But uh, yeah, I picked.
Speaker 4: I couldn't remember really what they accomplished at the end of the last movies, we're asking.
Speaker 3: I could just beat the mean girls, Yes, hid of it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Camp Rock two was shot all over Canada, from Ontario to Toronto to King City and it took just over a month to film. Now, we've heard a little bit about Camp Rock two in the past from various interviews, including our own with Megan Martin, and it seems like it was not an easy production to complete on many levels. Let's just say, from a number of people we've spoken to, filming Camp Rock one and filming Camp Rock two were two very very different things. First off, the weather conditions were anything but summer camp esque.
Speaker 3: They needed it to look and feel like.
Speaker 1: It was the United States in July, but they were filming in Canada's autumn. So because of that, the actors were wearing shorts and spaghetti straps while in amazingly cold weather, even during rain and slippery stages where dancers were falling and injured. Martin even developed mononucleosis from filming the outdoor scenes. Could you tell Sabrina that it was raining? There were several times I was like, oh, it's pouring as they're.
Speaker 3: Shooting right now.
Speaker 4: I couldn't at all, really, okay, really didn't see that.
Speaker 3: However, the last.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, yes, yes, yes, but the I will say I filmed in Canada in autumn and it was for that first opening scene of the very first Cheetah Girls.
Speaker 2: And it was freezing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had like a full nude body suit on under my, like a thermalish kind of body suit under my, and it was it wasn't enough.
Speaker 3: No, it was cold, it looked like and they were.
Speaker 2: Wearing much less than us.
Speaker 3: We were way more layers.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have also heard reports of a toxic work environment instigated by some of the stars, alongside bullying and manipulation from.
Speaker 3: Older men on the set.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think it's safe to say that this one just didn't have the same naivete or carefree atmosphere of the first production, especially since Levado had created a thriving music career in between the movies and now had new demands like staying at the nearby Four Seasons alone away from other Camp Mass members and demanding truncated tape days to record her music. But showing some real maturity and growth on her part, Demi recently apologized to co star Alison Stoner in her documentary about growing up in Hollywood entitled Child Star.
Speaker 3: Levado even revealed she doesn't really remember.
Speaker 1: Filming camp Rock two at all, blaming her own mental dissociation, a coping method for sadness and mental health issues, and honestly, that disassociation is something we've also encountered during our rewatch of Boy Meets World two. Apparently putting kids on TV isn't always the best route. But all this didn't negatively affect its reception. Camp Rock two drew in seven point nine million viewers on premiere night, a great number for the channel. It was the highest rated cable film for all of twenty ten, and its later DVD and Blu Ray release added even more profit to the bottom line. This was again an overall smash for Disney, and you know, if a movie stars Demie Livado and the brothers Jonas, we have to talk about the soundtrack. The album was released about a month before the movie premiered and debuted at number three on the Billboard two hundred chart, selling over forty thousand copies its first week. The first single was Wouldn't Change a Thing, A classic from Demi and the Jonass.
Speaker 3: Is That's how I'm Gonna say it from now on.
Speaker 1: But the soundtrack included all the main cast and a fictitious band called Iron Weasel from a Disney XD sitcom called I'm in the Band. This was quite a reach for Disney Synergy, and I'm in the Band only lasted two seasons, but you can't say the channel didn't try. So, Sabrina, you were an integral part of Hollywood Record's Disney music scene.
Speaker 3: Did you know who Iron Weasel was?
Speaker 4: I did not, and I feel terrible because it seems like I should have.
Speaker 1: You should know the way it's if you're a big fan, you just call it the Weeze. So I've been a big fan of the Weize for a long time. But obviously you do not know who the are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I did not know any of that. I that was not not in my minor.
Speaker 3: In your wie's house. That is for you.
Speaker 1: And yes, Camp Rock two, the Final Jam is available to stream. I'm good Old Disney Plus. You can watch it right now and abandon us when it's getting good, or listen to us all the way through now. But I can promise we won't get bad again. We'll try our hardest, but it's up to you. Okay, Camproight, you've heard of Camp Rock two obviously, because we knew Camp Rock one.
Speaker 3: Had you seen Camp Rock two?
Speaker 2: I had not.
Speaker 4: This was not something I saw, which is crazy because I feel like you're right, like this was I mean, at this point, I want to say, we had done the Disney Channel games in between the two camp Rock so I was like familiar on a more of a personal level with all of the rest of the cast. Of course, I had already known the Jonases, and I loved everything that the Jonas did.
Speaker 2: The Jonas side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's it's strange for me that I hadn't seen camp Rock two, but this was a new experience for me to watch What About You Will Again.
Speaker 1: I knew it because we watched camp Rock one and then our producers went, hey, we're watching camp Rock two, and I went, great, there's a camp Rock two.
Speaker 3: So that's how I had heard of camp Rock two.
Speaker 1: Well before we challenge you to the final jam, why don't we hop into the synopsis, Mitchie and friends must band together to save their beloved music camp from a flashy rival across the lake that's stealing the spotlight and their campers, and why would we even act surprised at this point? Camp Rock two is directed by the dcom Daddy, the man, the myth, the legend, the champ of the channel, the man that's keeping the entire medium afloat.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm saying it again. It's Paul Attack of the Owens. He does everything. Now it's like it's getting ridiculous where it's like, dude, I mean.
Speaker 4: It's at the point where it's like, I love you, Paul, but I need to give someone else a chance and watch a different director for direct I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Then, this man.
Speaker 1: But I must imagine you're all sick of hearing this by now. But Paul Hohen is the prolific pioneer behind the current Zombies franchise and the other dcoms Sam with Me, Folks, Cheedah Girls Too, Eddie's Million Dollar Cookoff, The Luck of the Irish, jump In led Itsheim, and True Confessions, just to name a few. The man is to dcoms what Jay Leno is to owning cars or wearing double denim. And cast wise, we have Demi Levado back as Mitchie, one of the quintessential Disney breakouts of the time. She began her career on Barney as the Dinosaur's left leg a lot of people didn't know that I'm kidding as one of the Dinosaur's child friends. Then she was brought onto the Disney Channel for an interstitial series called as The Bell Rings. Then this movie became her very fast elevator to the top of the music industry.
Speaker 3: She's since sold over two.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifty four million records and they get lots of records.
Speaker 3: The Grammy nominated singer has also turned her struggles into becoming a prominent voice for mental health awareness, substance abuse, and the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 1: And then we have another legendary brand for not only the channel, but pop music in general. It's the Jonas Brothers, the Joe Bros, the Jonas Ie brother size, whatever you want to call him.
Speaker 3: Joe returns as Shane.
Speaker 1: One third of a fictitious band Connect three, but in real life is one third of the real life, platinum selling Jonas Brothers. His siblings and band members Nick and Kevin also reappear in the film as Nate and Jason. Camp Rock One was all of their film debuts, and they went on to become a worldwide phenomenon and now continue to grind musically, both as solo acts and a reunited family band.
Speaker 3: They're currently on tour for their.
Speaker 1: Seventh studio album, Seventh. It is called Greetings from Your Hometown, and the Jonas train will probably never come to a full stop. They are integrated into pop culture forever.
Speaker 2: Not if Lisa has our producer has anything to do with it. That's for sure.
Speaker 3: What she wants to end them.
Speaker 2: That it will never come to a foot.
Speaker 3: Oh, those Jonas brothers, She's gonna stop him. They will never break up again, she wrote, ever.
Speaker 2: I saw the doc. They will they will never break up again.
Speaker 3: Oh well yeah, okay, Well we've got to see but new cast for Camp Rock two. Yes they are here.
Speaker 1: We've got a cameo from Frankie Jonas Bonus Jonas.
Speaker 2: The baby called him Baby Jonas.
Speaker 1: This is their younger brother who appeared as junior rocker Trevor in the movie. Franki has appeared on TV shows and released music of his own over the years, recently dabbling into a more alternative genre. But here he's just their little brothers, stopping by set to hang out and appear in Camp Rock. Former Magical Rewind guest Meghan jet Martin is back as Test Tyler. Oh Test the Stuck and Foil for the first film. She's a familiar face in the channel as a guest star. She's also starred in the sitcom version of Ten Things I Hate About You, and voiced video games like Kingdom Hearts and The Very Fun Until Dawn, a game that also used her motion capture face, Love a Little mo Cap and Welcome Back Alison Stoner as the nerdy Caitlin Stoner.
Speaker 3: Pop Locked onto the scene at just nine years old. That's poplocking. I know.
Speaker 1: If that is as a dancer for Missy Elliott, then as a child actor would appear in movies like Cheaper by the Dozen and Step Up, Oh Don't get me started, also Step Up to the Streets. I'm not even getting into how Moose treated them.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get there.
Speaker 1: For animated show fans, she's also heard on Phineas and Ferb Pete, The Kat and Young Justice Hold On.
Speaker 2: They are expected to be a nerd in these movies.
Speaker 1: I don't kind of the role they always play is either nerd or tomboy or something like that.
Speaker 3: That's kind of how they cast it.
Speaker 4: Do you see this character specifically portrayed actually as a nerd in it?
Speaker 3: In the first one.
Speaker 1: In the first one, they're supposed to be like the music nerd who plays the keyboard, that kind I mean supposed to be.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll let it go. I just disagree.
Speaker 4: There's nothing nerdy about an Alison Stoner and of course not.
Speaker 3: But that's the I mean, that's the rule.
Speaker 2: They tend to get this Caitlyn as.
Speaker 4: I didn't see Caitlyn as a nerdy team.
Speaker 2: I just didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Not in the second one maybe or in the first one. Yes, I guess kerky and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right whatever.
Speaker 1: Also new for number two it sounded strange is Chloe Bridges as Dana. Chloe has been in a ton of movies and TV, starting with the ill fated Freddy Prince Junior sitcom Freddy, then appearing on show after show from nine o two to zero to New Girl, to The Grinder to Pretty Little Liars, and you've seen her in movies like The Final Girls, Mike and Dave, Need Wedding Dates, and Venom The Last Dance. She most recently was seen in two episodes of The hilarious Righteous Gemstones and check your watches, people, because the movie clock's in at ninety seven minutes, boom, we are seven over the target, a rare miss from Paul Howen, who usually checks that clock like a twelfth grader, yeah, before the final bell of the school year.
Speaker 3: But here he was just slipping seven is too many. Seven is too many. It doesn't matter if it's Camp Rock or cop Rock.
Speaker 1: Let's hoe in that in Paul, huh, you got that so nice, by the way, And we'll get into how I feel about the film, But ninety seven minutes it felt like ninety seven hours. So writing wise, we have the original writers getting credit for their characters. That's Karen gist or Gist, Regina Hicks, former MTVVJ, Julie Brown, and Paul Brown, but for screenplay credit it's Gist or Guest and Hicks returning. They're a writing team with credits like Sister Sister Girlfriends, Gray's Anatomy and The Upshaws.
Speaker 3: And this time they added Dan.
Speaker 1: Barnson again, a common Paul Hohen collaborator and possibly the most accomplished g com writer in history. We've covered Dan for Eddie's Million Dollar Cookoff, but he also pens Stuck in the Suburbs, Halloween Town, High Twitches, Cheetahirls one World the Hannah Montana movie Teen Beach two.
Speaker 3: Haha, it's two guys running the entire thing.
Speaker 1: He's a legend that Disney felt comfortable approaching for Camp Rock in hopes to extend their universe and capitalize on the first movie success. Okay, it's a brand new day, so we can't back down and wouldn't change a thing.
Speaker 3: It's what we came here for. Let's get into Camp Rock Da the French version. We open at the beginning of summer.
Speaker 1: Counselors are reopening Camp Rock, sweeping the decks, uncovering the boats, raising the umbrellas, and testing the bell. Camp Rock is back, baby, and better than ever. Connie's catering VW Van is on its way. It's Mitchie with her mom driving and they are so excited. Mitchie promised Shane. She texts him when they were close, so she pulls out her time correct sidekick to let them know.
Speaker 3: Sabrina, did you have a sidekick?
Speaker 2: I absolutely did. I had the pink one that.
Speaker 4: Was like a hot like a baby fat or something, which was like a big brand name during that time, and it was like it was pink.
Speaker 3: It was so cute.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 4: I wish I could find it again. It's gotta be somewhere.
Speaker 3: They need to bring all those backs. I still want to flip phone.
Speaker 1: Mitchie's mom is visibly concerned about her constant contact with Shane. She doesn't want Mitchie to be disappointed if he can't make it to camp this summer. Mitchie promises her it'll still be the best summer ever and she'll be focused on her music either way. But then she notices a sign for another camp across the lake.
Speaker 3: It reads Camp Star, and.
Speaker 1: The music suddenly gets very serious, almost like they just spotted a dead body on the side of the road. This is concerning the sign or the dead body, frankly. But now we've arrived at Camp Rock and.
Speaker 3: The kids are all showing up too.
Speaker 2: For Mitchie, I went, was we're going to have a Battle of the Bay.
Speaker 1: Of course it had to be something like there's always like ooh, not rich kid camp across the way.
Speaker 3: It's such such a camp trope.
Speaker 2: I was so excited.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was camp I remember what it was, Camp north Star and Camp oh whatever from Meatballs. I can't remember what it was, but yeah, this is such such an old school trope.
Speaker 3: It's like the good camp in the bad nothing better.
Speaker 2: It's so good. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah. Mitchie and her mom are on packing the car.
Speaker 1: When they are reunited with Caitlin, the girls rush off to their cabin.
Speaker 3: They want to be the first.
Speaker 1: To choose their bunks, but when they open the door, they're surprised to see Ella and Peggy are already there. They scream at each other, hug and compliment how they look like only teen girls can do.
Speaker 3: And then we see.
Speaker 1: Tess Tyler ooh test walk out from the shadow. She's all smiles but has a question for Mitchie. She wants to know what her.
Speaker 3: Deal is with Shane.
Speaker 1: They all giggle, but Mitchie says nothing's going on, and she's nervous that if they don't get to spend any time together this summer, nothing's gonna happen at all.
Speaker 3: And man, there's some really weird acting here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if just listening to it is going to get across how unnatural it is.
Speaker 3: But let's listen to a clip.
Speaker 5: What's going on with you and Shane? Ye?
Speaker 4: Nothing is going that's a total lie. You guys are obsessed. No seriously.
Speaker 1: So she's not mad at all, She's just joking with everyone, but she sounds mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, some of the.
Speaker 1: Acting choices in this film were interesting. Let's just leave it at that for now. We then cut over to the Connect three tour bus pulled over on the side of the road. Shane is just finishing a tire change, but his brothers and their security guard Oliver, don't trust his handiwork.
Speaker 3: Shane just wants to get to camp before Mitchie does.
Speaker 1: He has a whole plan about how the rendezvous and fall in love, and in the daydreaming, he realizes he missed a lug nut in the wheel, prompting the bus to slowly tilt over and roll down a hill right into this big lake. A big whoops, but also like a kind of a huge stunt to start a Disney movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and did the bodyguard die? Where?
Speaker 3: Never saw him again? I think he was trapped on the bus again.
Speaker 4: And he also had this like aggressive running, like he was really trying to get away from something, and then he's just gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oliver, rip, Oliver, what happened? Poor guy? He was trapped to the bus and dead.
Speaker 2: Was that a real bodyguard? Was that their bodyguard.
Speaker 3: I would love.
Speaker 2: I feel like Lisa would know he is.
Speaker 3: Their bodyguard, Big Rob.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lisa, this is starting to get creepy, Lisa.
Speaker 3: He was also breathing.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I remember this because I feel like I had met him at some point during the times.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves Big Rob. So he was in a horrible bus accident, which.
Speaker 4: But it did look like all of a sudden, he's just gone. I'm like, and that was so early on.
Speaker 3: It was a great way to start. I was like, Oh, there's got a bigger budget of death. Yeah, right, got a horrible death.
Speaker 1: Back at camp, the girls are getting situated, but notice the camp isn't very crowded. Mitchie also reveals she has an idea for their opening jam song. She sings one line from it and the girls love it. But it's just one line, Mitchie rushes outside, she has an idea. She sits with fellow campers Baron and Xander with their guitars and drumsticks, and instantly, without even a word of prep, turns it into our first number.
Speaker 3: Brand new day.
Speaker 1: The girls sprint throughout the ground, synchronized with other campers, dancing and singing about a drama free new start. It's a big first song, more paramore style rock than we saw in part one, has a lot more extras.
Speaker 3: It is packed.
Speaker 1: There's hundreds of people dancing, which is very strange since they just said it doesn't seem like there's a lot of people at campus.
Speaker 2: That's what I would say about this big number. It just literally they just.
Speaker 4: Had people coming down from from the walkway, then coming from the door or from the what do they call that camp, the bunks.
Speaker 3: Bunks, the bunch of the cabins.
Speaker 2: They're coming up from the lake.
Speaker 4: They're there like it just and then they fill. First of all, this is the first time we get to see this brand new, much upgraded stage than what we had in the first one.
Speaker 2: Did you notice that.
Speaker 3: No, it look kind of the same to me? Is the Risers right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is much bigger.
Speaker 4: I mean, the the stage for the kids to be on to perform on is much bigger.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: And so we're I mean, you're just starting to quickly see how much bigger of a budget was put into this movie than the.
Speaker 3: Buddet was just said. There's not a lot of people there.
Speaker 4: But there's not a lot of people except for like, you know, five or six thousand.
Speaker 1: So what did you think about what what did you think about the music and the dancing in this movie?
Speaker 2: So the music was.
Speaker 4: I felt, I felt there was there were moments. There were more like moments that I went, Okay, this is what I love when you know.
Speaker 2: We haven't we'll get there eventually.
Speaker 4: But the ballad that Demi does, I'm like, this is this is her, this is what they do. There's one song in particular that if we don't really break down I'll do for the Sabrina seas because I had to look it up and see what was going on with that. But it wasn't as I guess elevated as what I thought it would be. From the first one I thought it was going to be. I don't know, I don't know what I was. I just I honestly, And then I start going, am I just so in my zombie era that I can't pull myself back? But like twoy ten, I can't get myself there. Like but I did love this first.
Speaker 2: One I did.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like, Okay, cute, this is all right, We're getting dancing in the movie. The dancing in the movie. And I would not want to. It is was probably on my ladder of my lists of of likes that we've seen on the channel. This choreography is just good and I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's why a are they doing this all the time?
Speaker 1: Most of all and when you are throwing this into your dancer, Teine, this is what I would do in eighth grade because I don't know how to dance.
Speaker 3: So when I'm watching a movie and I'm pointing out things.
Speaker 1: Going this dancing doesn't seem very good and I know nothing of dancing.
Speaker 4: And when you've got, I mean, the dancers themselves look like great dancers. You've got, then I will say I wasn't expecting Demi to look there were Demi had a few moments in the dancing that I didn't expect at all.
Speaker 2: She's not a dancer.
Speaker 4: She you can tell for most of the time you see her being forced to dance. She's uncomfortable doing it, she doesn't love it. But then when she gets into the this this was a perfect thing. Let me just get to my spreen seas because this was like one of the things. This is a perfect example of Demi being told to dance in this movie. Then you put her on stage and when she's just rocking out the different levels of a performance aspect that she has, like she just jumps into this rock star of.
Speaker 3: A like they belong on stage.
Speaker 2: Yeh, yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: She performs into it, but all of it her getting to the stage, she's just doing these kind of uncomfortable moves for her. She doesn't feel like it really fits. It's not a part of her of who she was as like an artist and what she felt super comfortable doing. She co get through it. She didn't look horrible. But when you get her go and then go all right and you know it, it's like, Okay, now you're on stage, no choreography as far as like just a rock star wolves do your rock star thing and she just rips it up.
Speaker 2: You're just like.
Speaker 1: Again, I noticed that I didn't think the dancing was was very good. I didn't think the music was very good. And hot take, Camp Star was way better.
Speaker 3: They were way better. Every time they did a performance they were they were way.
Speaker 6: But it's I'm just saying that's my hot take that I took away.
Speaker 3: It was like they're way.
Speaker 6: Better episode, but it's true, they're way better.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'm gonna everyone all hold my opinion back before we get there, since we all know where.
Speaker 1: Will I just got a crying emoji and imagine that's crying because they agree with me. It ends on the opening jam stage. Mitchie has just finished the song. Camp director and uncle to the Connect three boys, Brown Cesario, welcomes everyone to another summer. He begins to admit that there are less campers than usual, even though there's more campers than usual, but it's interrupted by the arrival of Connect three. They pull up in a flatbed of a chicken truck, a vehicle that Shane stumbles out of after his brother's tied his shoes together. Great kind of brothers moment.
Speaker 3: The campers are so excited to see the celebrities, especially Mitchie. Hugives Shane a big hug.
Speaker 1: Brown announces that Connect three will be at Camp Rock all summer long, a term events that Mitchie is thrilled about.
Speaker 3: The less exciting news.
Speaker 1: The smaller turnout, even though there's more of them this year, is because the new camp across the lake, Camp Star. It was founded by Brown's ex bandmate Axel Turner. Ough love these names and he is out to destroy Camp Rock. Apparently this Axle Guy, though a sworn enemy of Brown's, owns a big time record label, and just as Brown tries to downplay the rivalry, two speedboats shoot parachutes full of s'mores ingredients and invites everybody to an opening night bombfire at Camp Star. Now I'm starting to get in. I'm like, ooh, good camp against bat Yeah.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: The campers love the idea, but Brown knows this some sort of a setup. That night, when the kids arrive at Campstar, they are blown away. It looks like a resort. They have a full on Hollywood Bowl style venue, free hig chocolate in a wardrobe department. Brown an Axel reunite with a whole lot of tension, and Axel seems like a real sunglasses at night.
Speaker 3: Douchebag Brown is in.
Speaker 1: The camp business to encourage the love of music, and Axel's just trying to make rich pop stars. Axel swears that he's coming peace and that Brown is just being paranoid. But even the connect three boys feel weird about this. Nick Jonas, though I'm sorry, I mean Nate Gray notice a Camp Star girl that he likes, so he sticks around, even if it means their.
Speaker 3: Family members will be unemployed at the end.
Speaker 1: Now in the elaborate stage, Axel welcomes everyone and encourages anyone to come up and perform. When no camp Rockers volunteer, Axel introduces his own group, who perform an usher style act for an R and B song called Fire, led by Camper Luke played by Matthew m dot Finley.
Speaker 3: It's a big dancer team with a ton of pyro. What did you think of this solo number?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's like, literally, when I read this part a usher style, I mean that's exactly what was done.
Speaker 2: It was nailed. It was a great routine. It you know, it was a big.
Speaker 4: Performance and it definitely I think if I was a camp rocker would have been like.
Speaker 2: Done, we've done nothing.
Speaker 4: Like they've got costumes and crazy lighty look at this set.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, pyro technics it pyro.
Speaker 4: Any any artist that knows when you get on a on a tour and you were told that you are getting pyro, You're like, ah, we.
Speaker 2: Have hit the big time.
Speaker 3: I made it. I made it excellent.
Speaker 1: Also, the girl that Nate thought was hot is the keyboardist and mid performance, her bracelet flies into the audience. And flies a half a mile and hits Nate in the eye. If they went cut to the large thing, he's like five hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Away from her, hits him right in the eye.
Speaker 4: But y and she knows that it hits him, He's so far how would she know? She like, it's like, oh my gosh, I can't believe my my, my bracelet just fell right off my my wrist.
Speaker 2: Oh god, She's looking around. And then we find out she knows already that it hit him. Like what I could not I roll big enough?
Speaker 3: Ye give me it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could have done hits that.
Speaker 2: I did not like this part at all. Don't you dare do that to my Nick?
Speaker 3: Is that Nick?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm still learning the Brothers three, I know them. Campstar is in a leg of their own, and Axle announces that if any Camp Rock counselors or staff want to switch to Camp Star, he'll double their salary, and if any campers want to move across the lake, he has an air conditioned bunk waiting for them. And I had already moved into the air conditioned bunk in my mind.
Speaker 2: Oh bye, I'm.
Speaker 3: Out see ya.
Speaker 1: And so defectors, including Sabrina and myself start to make their moves by the dozens, Brown wrangles who's left back into the boats, and Nate gets that bracelet back to the keyboardist Dana, who reveals herself to be drum.
Speaker 3: Roll Axel's daughter. Oh Forbidden.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm like, oh my gosh, yes, oh this is good.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: And while leaving, Mitchie finds the camp's impressive recording studio and meets Luke Williams, the R and B dude from the stage. He tries to recruit her to Camp Star, calling himself the real Deal and Camp Rock Amateur Hour, and just as Mitchie is confidently standing up for her home turf Tests, Oh Tests announces she's making the switch. Of course she is back at camp again. I would too, back at Camp Rock. The next morning, Brown announces they only lost a few campers in the end, but a lot of staffers did leave, so as a result, he has to close the camp, but Mitchie and Connect three aren't having it. Mitchie starts the next song, Camp Back Down, which was weird. I'm sorry, just the way she starts with like the and everybody's like and it was like, what's what what's happening, what's going on right now?
Speaker 3: It was weird.
Speaker 2: It took us all the choreography in this one.
Speaker 4: The first one was more not that physical theater kind of you know, I would say it was more of like a like a cheesier vibe.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like necessarily bad.
Speaker 4: It just wasn't like super cool because now again and guys don't hate us, but we are coming off of what's out there right now with zombies and descendants and not even has change back.
Speaker 3: To teach even teen Beach, which is kind of around this time. Yes, the great choreography. It was cute.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, this was so. The first one wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: Now this movie was this This, this particular one was like, oh.
Speaker 3: I noticed it. I never noticed.
Speaker 2: Anyone couldn't know.
Speaker 4: I was watching the whole time to see because that's what you gotta do. If you can watch the best dancer out there and they don't look like they like it, then you really know.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was Alison, right, Allison?
Speaker 3: Could it be here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Could it be that because Demi wanted the days so shortened so she could record her music, that they had to like cut down the dance scenes and throw something together, like everybody do this because it's I mean, I don't know, but again, I know nothing of dancing nothing. Have you've forgotten more about dancing than I will ever ever know? And I watched this movie and I'm like, is this dancing bad?
Speaker 3: Like? This looks bad?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: This And this was one, in my opinion, where it's stuck out the most.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the.
Speaker 4: Other ones you could kind of this kind of, but this one you could really well this one and.
Speaker 3: The what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah we'll get there there, Okay, Yeah, there's this one stuck out a lot.
Speaker 1: It was like yes, And so Mitchie connect three and other campers step up to become counselors, and as a result, Brown is the confidence to keep Camp rock afloat. Kevin Jonas, I mean Jason is put in charge of the junior rockers, who begin to eat them alive, and led by our first glimpse of our bonus Jonas, our baby Jonas, we get a montage or a montage, depending on how you like to pronounce it of all favorite campers turned counselors, learning the ropes and thinking maybe they've bit off more than they can chew and it includes an homage to Bruce Springsteen that little to no kids caught. But at the end of the song, their counselors still they their counselor skills start to blossom and things are coming together. Shane catches Nate with binoculars spying on the camp star girl Dana playing the piano across the lake on some sort of weird floating lake platform.
Speaker 2: Negs to the water didn't seem like a good idea. I was like, are they film?
Speaker 4: I thought, you know what I thought? I thought, all of a sudden, like a film crew was gonna come around.
Speaker 2: They were like.
Speaker 1: Filming video or something video or just weird hanging piano, this.
Speaker 3: Big old piano.
Speaker 2: It was a big one too.
Speaker 3: Yep, is on the end of a doc some yep, Yeah, it makes no sense playing the piano.
Speaker 1: She then Oliver attempts to finally have a date with mitche or there, but her new responsibilities at camp are so overwhelming it's difficult to get any time off, especially with a lot of issues in the kitchen where Mitchie's mom and Brown's girlfriend works. But Nate isn't letting work stop him from his extracurricular activities. He takes a canoe out to watch Dana on the platform again, only to be drenched by a wakeboarder. Dana finds him soaked and they flirt a little, eventually exposing that she wrote his name on her wrist in permanent ink, which teeters between cute and psychopathic. I was waiting for her to be like a I cut it into my arm and I want to drink your blood.
Speaker 3: But just before it can get any hotter, we hear her dad.
Speaker 1: Nate hides under the canoe and avoids a confrontation with Axel. Back at Camp Rock, Michie and Shane finally get some quality time together, but there's a bonfire meeting, so She's got a run and Shane's starting to get pretty frustrated. At the bonfire that night, the Junior Rockers are still having their way with Jason. They glued his butt to a log and then called him very cleverly log butt. But while the kids chase fireflies, Axel, Luke Williams and Test spy on Camp Rock Tests.
Speaker 3: Oh Tests appears to miss.
Speaker 1: What she sees, while Axel is sure they won't make it through the summer. Meanwhile, the Camp Rockers turn counselors are relaxing after a hard day's work, happy with how things have turned out, but they still feel cheated. From the opening Bonfire Talent show, Camp Star really showed them up. They want a fair shot against them at the fire Jam, and seemed to focus on making that happen. The next day at Camp Star, camp Rockers come marching down a hill, dancing in sync chanting camp Rock. It might be one of the campiest, cheesiest things we've ever seen in the d com.
Speaker 3: How is this not a meme? It is? Is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: This is We talked about this in the first one.
Speaker 4: This is the one that the football players, NFL football players were doing that like.
Speaker 3: The Vikings, I think did this. Yeah, like they do the whole thing. What is this?
Speaker 4: It is the strangest So I hadn't seen it, right, I've just seen the meme.
Speaker 2: I've just seen the meme.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden they do it. And I saw the meme and went, that's so funny. I would be it would be so hard to not break. I would be so embarrassed doing the whole thing.
Speaker 3: They do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's like because it's like it looks like they're trying to be called a step crew.
Speaker 3: And stop that they were doing dude and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 4: This is not anything pulling from the first movie of any sort.
Speaker 2: They never did anything like that. It's just so random.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I so I saw even after watching the first one, I'm like, now I'm even more confused of like what this meme is. So as it's happening, I'm just going.
Speaker 3: It's mesmerizing. You can't take your eyes.
Speaker 4: You can't you can't even begin to take your eyes off of it.
Speaker 1: Going but but why, Yeah, I can't step you can't stop looking at it.
Speaker 3: It's really weird.
Speaker 1: So they strut all the way up to the Emphitheater stage with Connect three holding up the back and Mitchie up in the front. They issue the final Jam challenge in the form of a back and forth number. It's on announcing the battle as official, asking again, what do you think of this music and choreography?
Speaker 4: Okay, I will say this one. This one didn't bother me. I actually liked this visuals of it the most. I loved them in the bleaching area, the stands, like all of that, Like the movement of it was really cool. And I have didn't met you guys, don't hate me, but I had a hard time not going. But the Zombies way of having like the two teams look so different from each other, and this was like you couldn't with within the transitions, Like I kind of was like starting to get confused, like are those camp rockers or camp stars or like what which ones are they from?
Speaker 2: Because they're kind of you know, they're just wearing like kid.
Speaker 4: Clothes, right, They're not wearing anything different, So it was a little confusing in that sense. I don't think I would have mined at all before I'd see the Zombies thing, So that's a thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 2: I would not have minded that at all.
Speaker 4: I loved the visual, the in and out, the crossing over, the group work, all of that. I did like this one for sure. I love a good kind of battle vibe.
Speaker 2: Those are always your big fig.
Speaker 3: Which is why I love the Step Up movies.
Speaker 1: When the song ends, Axel applause the idea of a final jam and offers his z Amphitheater as the venue, and he ups the ante by offering TV coverage. Though nervous Mitchie accepts the camp rock Mitchie has an idea of what to perform at the final jam. She wrote it as a duet, but she's open to making it for everyone. Jason and Mitchie agree they have to include the junior rockers too, but Brown isn't happy about this final jam. He doesn't trust Axel and knows that this is a setup to destroy him forever, but it's too late to back out now. He feels like they're inferior to Camp Star, and when Mitchie overhears his feelings, she's visibly hurt, but more focused than ever. She calls an all camp meeting, canceling non music related activities to focus on final jam, and sadly this will leave even less time for her to connect with Shane, creating more of a strain on their relationship. He advises Nate to never get a girlfriend, but it's too late. That dude is still just straight up peeping tom on the piano player, and she's staring back with her own binoculars, now drinking his blood out of little vibes.
Speaker 2: It's getting weird.
Speaker 4: It's getting weird, and she looks so much older than the most of the cast.
Speaker 2: Right, Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: She no?
Speaker 3: I mean I thought it was age appropriate.
Speaker 4: It was as again she felt more mature?
Speaker 3: Did she okay?
Speaker 4: For me? I don't know if it was like her just gorgeous, like luscious lips or what was it like very like.
Speaker 2: Jessica Rabbit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe that's what very she felt very like mature, gorgeous girl, gorgeous, but just she seems so much more mature than the rest of the cast.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there it would the hole, just the relationship but to them was a little weird. Later that day, Mitchie doesn't get why anyone at Camp Rock is taking a break from practicing for final jam. Their performance needs work, and she's becoming quite annoying leader, even ignoring what the junior rockers can contribute. All work and no play makes this place a dull camp. But it appears Brown and Shane have a plan led by the Junior Rockers. They raced the rehearsal and ambush the campers with water balloons and hoses. It is a full on water fight, and Brown loves what he sees. The song playing during the melee is rock Hard or Go Home, which is a title that could have used to rewrite. Everyone appears to have had a lot of fun except Mitchie. Is nowhere to be found. She even missed dinner. Shane finds her working on the final jam song and invites her to a night picnic, but she's not having it. She has work to do. It is not happy about the water fight. I love how she's even trying to do the music on her wet sheets. She feels neglected and make sure he feels neglected, and make sure she knows it before he storms out. And it's a nice kind of story point that she ends up being too busy for him, not the rock star too busy for her. It was a good counterpoint to what they normally do. And when Shane returns to his cabin, he picks up an acoustic guitar and instantly taps into his sorrows with our next song, a duet with Mitchie called Wouldn't Change a Thing. It's about their differences and conflicts, but how they both seem to believe they're meant to be anyway. This is basically a new generation's version of Paula Abdul's Opposites attract.
Speaker 3: And I know it's not that at all. It's not the best.
Speaker 1: It's actually it's my favorite song that they do. It's one of the only songs that I that was very good.
Speaker 3: It's a good song. The two of them together, it's a good time.
Speaker 4: I am such a fan of her music, and I mean, this is what she does, like she could just pull an audience in once she gets a ballad.
Speaker 3: Other than this. I've never heard a Demi Lovado song in my life.
Speaker 4: Oh you, I mean, if you liked this song, this doesn't even hit like a tiny bit of the music she does.
Speaker 3: Just not mine.
Speaker 4: She is like one of the along the royalty of the big queens that do ballads.
Speaker 3: Like okay, oh all right.
Speaker 2: Her voice is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Have never heard it. The next morning, Mitchie wakes up to an empty cabin.
Speaker 1: She has no idea where everyone went, and eventually stumbles on a massive camp wide practice run by her bunk mates. They admit they weren't taking it seriously and it shouldn't just rest on Mitchie's shoulders. So Shane got everyone up before dawn to get to work. It's time for camp Rock to step it up and connect. Three is ready to teach them how to do this, starting with our next song, Heart and Soul, an instructional rock anthem about how to be a rock Star performed from the Humble Camp Rock Stage. What do we think about the self referential track referencing Elvis, Mick Jagger, Axel Rose, David Roth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was again it kind of I just kind of got lost in.
Speaker 3: It. Not Bean, I'm sorry I didn't.
Speaker 2: It was it was I got it.
Speaker 4: I got it right, like I I understood where it was. But it was definitely this was one of the songs I could have done without. I mean, but again, it makes sense. They have these kids that are learning, like you know, to do a montage of them working hard. This to me, I'm kind of like, this is just needed in the storyline, right, you were at this point where.
Speaker 2: We just need to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A weird song, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I liked the the one that was like great Balls of Fire.
Speaker 2: I loved that one. I loved that that actual song.
Speaker 4: That song was like really cute and different and like like you said, kids watching it probably had zero idea of the reference, but for me, I was, I love a Great Balls of Fire.
Speaker 2: Oh so good.
Speaker 1: When this ends, Nate stumbles onto Dana, who's crossed the lake in a canoe to see him, but their interaction turns awkward. She admits she likes seeing him creepily watching her play the piano, but now he's acting shy and she doesn't know anything about him. She's not into that and leaves in a huff. Is this an actual argument? I don't get what happened here? She's mad that she doesn't really know him, but how could she. He's just a peeping tom and she liked that, so how could she not know? It's like they've had a total of four conversations right that always turn weird.
Speaker 3: How much is she supposed to know about this guy at this point?
Speaker 2: Exactly? And I get it.
Speaker 4: He's he's having a hard time communicating with her, as.
Speaker 2: All guys that age do.
Speaker 4: Girlfriend back down, give him a minute, and she gets so irritated so quickly. Yeah, because she's basically like, so tell me what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me everything about yourself, because I don't know anything about you.
Speaker 4: It's like, what, Well, I'm really feeling awkward right now.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you?
Speaker 4: It's very strange speaking This is one of the most awkward conversations I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Does that make you feel I don't really want to tell you that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to tell you, but it's true, But now we have sad Nate and sad Shane moping around Camp Rock loves Struck eating mashed potatoes. But just when things look sadess for Shane, he finally goes on a date with Mitchie, walking in the sand barefoot. They picnicking, but on the other side of the spectrum, Nate is still bumming. He doesn't know what to do because Dana wants to know things about him.
Speaker 3: What a novel, idea? What do you think those state middle name, favorite type of socks? The last time he saw Avatar? Like, what does she need to know? I do you know?
Speaker 2: It's so strange?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: His brother suggests if he can't say it, he should sing it, so he sneaks onto Campstar and surprises her with a list of things nobody knows about him. Then he starts playing his guitar and we're into our next song, Introducing Me. It's a tune about things that he likes, such as cheese but only on pizza, but also sometimes on a homemade casadiya. He also likes when the moon looks like a toenail, but he's not into cars. The song goes faster and faster because she's got to get back to practice. She loves the tweek cuteness of it all, but before she could say anything ooh, her father appears and tells Nate he's got to leave the theatrics for the final Jam. But as Dana Lee's she obviously liked it a lot and takes the list of things about him funny, cute, quirky song. That night, while telling scary stories to the Junior Rockers, Jason, who has no romantic storyline whatsoever, assures the kids they're going to win the Final Jam, and this seems like a terrible, terrible promise to make, so he wakes them up for a mission. They creep up to Campstar and spy on their opponent's rehearsal, which is run by Axel's Iron Fist and focuses only.
Speaker 3: On Tests, Oh, Tests and Luke.
Speaker 1: The next day, the Junior Rockers report back with what they saw, and it's seen as good news because everyone agrees Mitchie and Shane are far superior compared to Tests and Luke. Are they But the plan was never to focus on the couple. It was to incorporate everyone. But Kately reminds her the song was originally written as a duet and now everyone wants them to do it alone. And even though it appears to be the plan moving forward, it's not sitting great with Mitchie, especially because the junior rockers wanted to show off their skills. But she has an idea and just in time for the final jam, which is starting right now, Hits TV spelled with a Z, of course, is covering the event because you know, Cable.
Speaker 3: TV loves camp talent shows.
Speaker 1: Also, Axel appears to have a real intimate relationship with the TV host played by Big Brother Canada's Aresa Cox. Backstage, Actual even taunts Brown, saying next year he might just hire him to run Camp Star, and at the point Brown at one point is like, so, I guess we're never going to be friends again, and He's like no. All this while Tess and Luke are bickering right up until they take the stage.
Speaker 4: Great messaging for kids, right, the great the grudge the worth it.
Speaker 3: Never grudges work hate should last forever.
Speaker 1: Forever, And even during introductions that Hits TV hosts is biased towards Camp Star, Tess and Luke do get there together and perform a song called Tear It Down, arguably my favorite song the entire thing, and they should have won with on.
Speaker 3: Keys in the camp dancing around.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, other than the temporary Jamaican accent from Luke, which was weird, what did you think about this performance?
Speaker 4: Well, my main question was when we spied on them. This is one of my sprena seas, but we'll just do it. When we spied on them, they were all wearing like blonde wigs.
Speaker 2: Where did they go?
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: What were they rehearsing?
Speaker 3: I don't, yeah, but throw it.
Speaker 4: I went back and I went back and they do kind of say, like tear it down, let's start from the beginning. So I don't know if that's like a we're gonna like the whole thing at all, but I kept going, when are those blonde wigs coming out?
Speaker 3: Never came into play, ever came into play. Nope.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean I thought this one was okay. This is another time when the choreography struck me as like, not the greatest choreography we've.
Speaker 3: Seen, But the song wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: But the song wasn't bad and it was a big time production song. So that's one of the things that I noticed that we have, we are not usually always seen on the Camp Rock side.
Speaker 2: So then I kind of went, oh, they're not going to win this thing.
Speaker 6: No, of course they're not, nor should they have, And I would have judge them right for my air conditioned cabin. And now as Camp Rock awaits their turn, they congratulate Tests and Luke on a great performance, and Luke says it would have been better if he did it solo.
Speaker 3: What a dick. He's kind of right. He didn't, honestly, he didn't. Love that was good.
Speaker 4: Honestly, his very first performance was the best thing of the entire Yeah, exactly, how this guy still.
Speaker 2: He was good on his own.
Speaker 4: He was actually right, And I sometimes you just know I'm better on my own.
Speaker 3: Better by myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tests obviously misses the camaraderie of Camp Rock and wishes them luck, but it might be for nothing because the hits pronouncing that z TV host admits to Brown that Axel spent millions of dollars in marketing to get votes for his camp. Why they might be cooked before they even take the stage, But Nate doesn't let that get him down. He gives a rose to Dana and their relationship seems to be progressing, despite her dad seeing him as the enemy and Sabrina seeing her as too old for him. And now it's time for Camp Rock to perform their big number, what we came here for. Shane and Mitchie lead the way with camp footage shot by the junior rockers playing on the screen. Also, there's a bunch of beach balls, which makes any performance better. The song concludes to a thunderous response and voting has begun.
Speaker 3: Soon after we're troll The results are in.
Speaker 1: So that was a three minute voting window, and just as the winner's name is announced, we go completely silent, only seeing the different camps reaction or whatever was said, and we can tell the winning team was Camp Star Wamp Womp. Camp Rock is obviously disappointed, and Mitchie begins to cry test what's over, crossing lines to console her.
Speaker 3: By the way, Camp Star was better.
Speaker 1: Later that night, at a Goodbye Camp Rock bonfire, Shane can't believe they lost, but Mitchie explains that every song can't be a hit and could never stop them from singing. Mitch apologizes that they didn't spend more time together this summer, and.
Speaker 3: Finally we see them kiss.
Speaker 1: It's a good smooch, and at the big final moment of acceptance, the Camp rockers sing this is Our Song around the fire, reclaiming their summer, no matter who won the final jam Campstar one, Camp Star one, and then they spot a group of kayaks heading towards them, all of the people in the kayak holding weapons. No, I'm kidding, I've see If you're still with me, it's everyone from Camp Star hoping to join the party.
Speaker 3: Tests and a few other campers even plan on attending Camp.
Speaker 1: Rock next year because everyone goes to camp up through their twenties apparently in this world, so they're just gonna keep coming back because it seems like more fun. And the camp's phones have been ringing off the hook, so maybe they didn't lose after all. They close out this is Our Song with some big Demi vocals and a few bloopers over the credits, and that is your movie. W let's see some real reviews, Sabrina, I think you have the one star this week.
Speaker 3: What do you got I do?
Speaker 2: And it is a lot to say a lot right.
Speaker 4: One star review from White Shadow one six zero six. Okay, I'm completely disappointed. First of all, I like the first Camp Rock way better. Most of the parts are just lame, especially the songs. Hate all the songs.
Speaker 2: Maybe I like.
Speaker 4: One, but that doesn't change the fact that this movie is suck. Let me be clear, I don't like Demi Lovado. She really should be focusing only on her singing career. She is suck at acting. I bet many will agree with me on this.
Speaker 3: Wow one star I would.
Speaker 2: Hate to is suck at anything.
Speaker 3: I would hate to suck at anything too. My God, nobody likes it.
Speaker 5: This suck.
Speaker 3: I've got the five star.
Speaker 1: From somebody named Ellen Holmes, and I'm gonna read this exactly as it's written. As soon as I came home, I ran straight to the teapot to make the hibiscus lemon bomb tea. The moment I tasted it, my Rabi's completely vaporized. The herbalists at Camp Rock to the Final Jam twenty ten are extremely sapient and healing. I even brought Rose Quartz, and my ex husband finally came back to me.
Speaker 3: Their rock and fossil collection lives up to the shop's name. The location is perfect for bird watching.
Speaker 1: I go bird watching here every day after work as a tour guide at my local jam factory.
Speaker 3: I totally recommend this job. By the way, if you see me.
Speaker 1: There, say I love your purple hair, and I'll know you read this review.
Speaker 3: Toodles this lady five stars smelling all.
Speaker 4: The vapors and smoking all the herbs of the Camp Rock too.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what's up with that, if she confused it with something, if it was a joke.
Speaker 3: But ah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We are now coming to Sabrina's favorite part of our program, r Weekly Teacher.
Speaker 3: You do you look forward to it all week? Like I look forward to a good Camp Rock sequel.
Speaker 1: This game this week is called the Definition of Camp to celebrate the survival of Camp Rock and the slow death of Camp Star, we are diving into the world of famous camps. Will be given a description of something including the word camp, and we must decide what is being described. Three out of five wins. Camp Director Jensen. Are you with us this week?
Speaker 5: Yes, we have breakfast in the main cabin and about twenty minutes, so let's get through it fast.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll have to get through it because I want some BT. So here we go.
Speaker 1: Number one, the US Marine Corps base in southern California that serves as a key training facility for the Marine and Navy operations.
Speaker 2: Wait, we have to name. We have to guess the name of it. Yeah, it's got Camp in the Pendleton.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: Camp Pendleton is correct, I think, right, yep, Camp Pendleton Number one, right? Number t two.
Speaker 1: A group of kids trick their parents into funding a fake summer camp so they can spend the summer unsupervised and free from adult rules in this nineteen ninety four movie. Oh, I remember it because we did this on Pop means World.
Speaker 3: Thank God, thank God.
Speaker 2: Oh man. I don't know, but I know the movie. I can see it. Oh what is it?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 3: Isn't it Camp Nowhere?
Speaker 5: It is Camp Nowhere Nowhere Camp?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good one. Number three.
Speaker 1: This is the name of the University of Wisconsin's football field, Jensen.
Speaker 2: These are so good.
Speaker 4: I don't know it, but they are so good because I do know it, but I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wait, okay, Wisconsin. Are they the Badgers? So would it be Camp Badger?
Speaker 5: No, it's Camp Randall Stadium.
Speaker 3: I can't ever get that.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like, isn't that a famous one?
Speaker 5: Though? The kids not famous?
Speaker 3: Double negative trick okay, any movie On.
Speaker 1: Number four, it's a nineteen sixty three novelty song by Alan Sherman, humorously depicting a boy's miserable experiences at summer camp through a letter to his parents.
Speaker 5: Do you know this? No?
Speaker 3: Is this? Hello?
Speaker 5: Mada?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Father?
Speaker 3: Isn't it Camp Hiawatha?
Speaker 5: Wow? To blow it? So close to you? The part that bothers me the most is how close you got? It is Camp Granada?
Speaker 3: Oh damn it? I thought it was Camp Hiawatha Camp Granada?
Speaker 5: Good by Sherman's dad. By the way, was it?
Speaker 1: No, that's Sherman's grandfather, grandfather, Alan Sherman. I think is his grandfather. I think he because it was. It's Bob and h Bob Sherman, Robert Sherman and I can't forget his other Allan. I think was their dad. I think so GiB okay, So I was so close?
Speaker 3: Wings from Camp Granada? Okay?
Speaker 1: Number five it's the fictional Summer Camp and the Friday the Thirteenth franchise, being the haunted grounds of mass killer Jason Voorhees.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, this is a good one.
Speaker 2: This is a great one.
Speaker 3: I think I have it.
Speaker 2: It's a great one I have.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Isn't it like Camp Summer Lake?
Speaker 5: Oh wait this guy?
Speaker 3: So no, it's silver Lake.
Speaker 2: It's it's close.
Speaker 4: Is it summer linn No, summerl in Nevada?
Speaker 2: What is it Camp Camp?
Speaker 5: Well, we're still close. I don't want to even cut it off.
Speaker 3: It is Summer Lake or Silver Lake or Camp?
Speaker 5: I mean, can we put a little buzzer of badness in here during the edit? Is it Camp Crystal Lake?
Speaker 3: Crystal Lake?
Speaker 5: Dammit?
Speaker 3: It's a Crystal Lake. Dammit? So Crystal La close. Those are good. That was a good we lost. I like that one, Producer Jensen. But that's that's.
Speaker 2: Normal for me. The sting, it's less and less.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. It's just because we've stopped feeling. It's all it is.
Speaker 2: I'm just numbed.
Speaker 3: Exactly do we have any Sabrina Seas left?
Speaker 2: We do. One of the things that.
Speaker 4: Hit me so hard this movie versus I don't remember I don't even remember the name caring about it at all.
Speaker 2: Was this connect three for the Bank?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't remember that either.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was like more in our Face or what. But it's such a funny name.
Speaker 2: Instead of connect for its connectory.
Speaker 3: Don't remember that all funny though, I kept, I just can't.
Speaker 4: It's in so many Yeah, it like I literally connect three again, like it just is really funny. I already talked about my worries some about the bodyguard.
Speaker 2: Dying and then uh.
Speaker 4: Baby Jonas being that videographer. I broke it down because I saw him in the audience, thinking this was like a quick cameo, but then it became a big thing. The bracelet thing really irritated me. One of the things that also irritated me was the beach balls being just thrown, because I know we always wanted to be able to put like throw beef balls, but it's like a big fine. So I always wonder what how they get thrown. It must be someone bringing them.
Speaker 1: It's a fine at a concert to throw a beaches So we had to think.
Speaker 4: On our Christmas tour, we had a song called Christmas Time in California, and we wanted it was like a surf vibe, and we wanted to throw beach balls, and it's like a giant fine like that.
Speaker 2: We would never our production company never let us do that.
Speaker 4: But then, like some people, I guess big rockers that have no money, like that have money they don't care about, so they just do it anyway anyway. And then the last one was Okay, I have to scroll up because I had a conversation to distinguish this because we did not talk about it, and it is. The song that we went over was it's the funny, little quirky song that we see Nick Jonas do with his older girlfriend introducing it. It's introducing me, now, did that? Well, I know this is totally out of your genre, probably, but I'm listening to it and I went, oh, my gosh, and I started going Jason Ross like.
Speaker 3: I got you Jason Ras song. I thought the same thing as a.
Speaker 4: Song Jason, I'm like, I can't believe, and I'm thinking, so I looked into it. I thought this movie came out before, because there was in my head no way Disney would ever do a song that sounds so much like it.
Speaker 3: Yours right?
Speaker 2: Is that the song I'm Yours Yes?
Speaker 4: And that came out in two thousand and eight, and this movie came out in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Oh, this song you have to in THEA.
Speaker 4: It is the almost exact same.
Speaker 3: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 4: I could not believe that Disney, now that I know that, At first, I was thinking Jason totally.
Speaker 3: He was obviously a camp rock to f was a camp rock her.
Speaker 4: What the hell no, this song, guys, you gotta just take your phones out look it up right now because it is such a thing. And then I found an article about him being upset about it. Yes, there was a you know, I wouldn't want to say go like, oh, he was pissed, but like he's in there going like yeah, that's like, I mean, that's a very close thing. And it's it's the Jonas brothers doing it too, so it's obviously going to be.
Speaker 2: Big and known.
Speaker 4: And now, like you know, if you put them back to back, yeah, I get. I don't think he was mad, but it just says like yeah, he's like, that's like.
Speaker 3: That's my song.
Speaker 2: And there was another girl.
Speaker 4: There's another song I guess that's very close to it from Uh. I don't recognize this artist, sorry, but but Linka and it's called the Show.
Speaker 1: I think it's the same. Yeah, it's the she sings it uh to Brad Pitt. His daughter sings it to Brad Pitt in Moneyball.
Speaker 3: Oh and it sounds exactly the same.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, guys, these songs are like just different. For it's like part one, part two, part three. Honestly, it's the same. It's the same melody or it sounds very very similar. So that was the thing that just blew me off off my feet.
Speaker 3: I was just I could.
Speaker 4: I went back and listened to it because it's cute. It was a cute little song, and I'm like, wait a minute, it's a.
Speaker 2: Great it's a great Jason it is, which shocks me. Doesn't that shock you? On the channel would even take the chance to do something like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were just like, it's nick the Jonases are writing it, so it'll be fine.
Speaker 3: But it's like nobody will care.
Speaker 2: Nobody will care.
Speaker 3: I care. I care.
Speaker 1: Thank you Sabrina for Sabrina Sees this week. And now we have to rate our film and our options this week.
Speaker 3: Let's do one.
Speaker 1: I say we do one out of seventy seventy being the lowest one ten, but will make ten.
Speaker 3: The highest this time. That's how we switch it up.
Speaker 1: Our options this week are one out of ten, iron Weasels, one out of ten. Dead bodies on the side of the road, rolling buses, Bonus Jonases one out of ten, Peeping Tom's one out of ten, sad Mashed Potatoes one out of ten, log butts one out of ten. Three minute voting windows, or I'm gonna add one out of ten stolen Jason Moras songs.
Speaker 3: Which one would you? I think you rated first last time, so.
Speaker 2: It's your turn. We're back on track now.
Speaker 3: Okay. I'm starting to.
Speaker 1: Realize that one of the ways that I can see how much I like a movie or dislike a movie is if I have to watch it in chunks. And I had to watch this movie in chunks. This was not one of my favorite movies. Camp Rock one was way better than this movie. Again, I noticed the choreography.
Speaker 3: I should never notice the choreography.
Speaker 1: I should sit here and go, Sabrina, are they dancing good? And you go, yeah, they're dancing good, and I go great, That's how it should be. So when I'm sitting there watching, going this doesn't look good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean again, this is doing this with the hands all the time, and this.
Speaker 2: Is never a move, but it's this limic.
Speaker 1: This is never a move that should be in a dance things that's I do that and it's because I can't dance. So yeah, it's this was not my favorite movie. That being said, the amount of talent in this movie is ridiculous. When you've got Demi Levado, you've got the Jonas brothers, you've got Alison Stoner, you've got even the M Dot and all the I mean, there was a lot of talent this movie.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I did not like the way the talent was directed, meaning not Paul Hoan directed. I mean like it was put into I thought, not great dancing and not great songs.
Speaker 3: Frankly, I thought it was when as talent.
Speaker 1: Went so because it's Daddy Hoan and because of the cast that it is, I'll bump it up a bit, but this is not This is another five point five maybe soft six to me best. This was just not a great movie for me. I'm sorry, it just it wasn't. So I'm you know what, I'm gonna stick with my guns. I'm gonna say five to five. This was I thought some of the acting choices were strange.
Speaker 3: I did not like the music. I did not like the music. I didn't I that is it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta stick with what I know again, had this been a standalone, that might be different.
Speaker 3: But we saw Camp Rock one, right, which was a better version of this already, right, So yeah, this is a five point five stolen Jason Mraz songs For me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I expected that. I really did. I really did.
Speaker 4: I I I don't ever really like to hit on choreography and be too harsh on it, but this was just not it.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Mainly though, I'm what, like I said, said the talent he has, I mean, not just Alison. There's just so much of the cast that has really just ubers and ubers.
Speaker 2: Amount of talent.
Speaker 4: They pulled it off in a sense because they're just great performers, so you know, you're just hoping they're watching their faces versus what they're doing down below. It started off okay for me, and then it kind of went down, and then the hard part for me was that what was given to Camp Star was just so much better.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Then the poor kids at Camp.
Speaker 4: Rock just looked so mediocre. And that's what I just really did not understand. And I mean, I guess it made sense because at the end they didn't win, But then again, I don't like storylines that end up like that. I like to feel soft and cushi inside been happy and proud that they won, so that that threw me.
Speaker 1: They also set it up to where if they did didn't win, it wasn't because they weren't better. They didn't win because that guy bought all of those They made sure.
Speaker 3: You had to say.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, if I were judging the camp, they did. And it's terrible to say, but it's true. I agree the first one was so much better, but the star power in this bumped it up a little bit. And then of course my guy Paul Holmand. So yeah, I'm never gonna give Paul hoan. I don't think less than a six point five, So I'm going with a six point five.
Speaker 2: I'm uh, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Jenna, Jason Rat stolen Jason raz.
Speaker 4: Songs six point five stolen Jason Moraz songs. I love you, Paul, I will always be here being your role dog shout out so because I just can't give him less than that, unless I might have done that with Luck of the Irish, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Anyway, We're gonna, we're gonna move on, and it's just gonna say at six point five for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, well fair enough.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you everybody so much for joining us for our next movie. We sometimes find ourselves reviewing silly movies with like ridiculous titles, but we found one that exudes the subtle, less over the top classic decom deserves. It's time to analyze the two thousand science fiction ROMP Stepsister from Planet Weird. Yeah, get ready for some Oscar worthy class I can't wait.
Speaker 3: But again, I love a movie that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't apologize from itself, Mom and Dad save the Universe, things like that. It's like, okay, Stepsister from Planet Weird, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: This could be a ten and I would have no idea.
Speaker 1: So I'm so excited. But first speaking, I'm excited. We are unbelievably excited because this week's park oper episode, we are talking to the one and only Alison Stone or yes aka Caitlin from Camp Rock one.
Speaker 3: To two and so many other great nostalgic projects.
Speaker 1: They're an icon on the channel, on the dance floor in voiceovers, and now they joined.
Speaker 3: Us for a magical rewind look back. Let's get a little preview of what you can expect.
Speaker 7: Ironically, where we filmed Camp Rock. We filmed Cheap by the dozen.
Speaker 2: Oh really, that would make so much sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I would have slashbacks where I would see like the camp supposed to be, like the mess hall, and then I would look to the right and see the water, and I would picture Steve Martin and all of us like rowing across the water trying to get my older sister Piper pair boat to the hospital to give birth in that scene.
Speaker 3: Obviously, this is one you don't want to miss.
Speaker 1: They have such cool stories and talk about a career amazing, So.
Speaker 3: Make sure that book.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they talk about their new book and it sounds like it's pretty extraordinary, so you've got to get it. So anyway, make sure you're subscribed to our Magical Rewind feed wherever you get your podcasts, since our interview episodes are exclusively released there, and for more information follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram.
Speaker 3: Machine that's on your phone device.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody, and bye bye