Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong is Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty enough He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: And from Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 4: We have a diaspora that that can absorb a significant number of these migrants, and that you know, when I hear colleagues talk about, you know, the doors of the n being closed, no room in the end, I'm saying, you know, I need more people in my district, but just for redistricting purposes, and those members could could clearly fit here.
Speaker 1: That's the quiet part out loud Congresswoman Vet Clark from New York saying we need lots in lives, lots of illegal immigrants here because then you know that helps with redistricting.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the sort of claim that Tucker Carlson makes and then gets attacked for, right, right, yeah, or we've made what is that called there's a name for that that they accused Tucker of all the time, the Tucker crowd replacement theory or a.
Speaker 3: Great replacement theory. Yeah, it's kind of it's on the same page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I'd like to call this a tale of two mayors and a president. A tale of two mayors and a president. New San Francisco tyonical poll released just two days ago, found that seventy three percent of San Francisco's approof of Mayor Daniel Lurry's first six months in office. This is only twenty five percent disapprove. And they are crack pop. This is incredible. I don't live in San Francisco, but I wish they would have pulled me, because I've been saying saying this for a while now with my own anecdotal evidence, from my own eyeballs as a guy who goes into downtown San Francisco on a regular basis, it is night and day different from what it was a year or two ago.
Speaker 2: Night and day. Yeah, last time I was there with my son, we had to walk to the Tenderloin to find a homeless person. I wanted to show my son, you know what the worst part of San Francisco was. But just walking around the regular areas, no homeless people. Zero. You couldn't say that fairly.
Speaker 1: Recently, I prefer the term transient drug addict or junkies. But to each their own. Evan Simon a great piece in the California Globe describes how Mayor London breed and the city council communist what was his name, Aaron Peskin who also ran, but how Laurie crushed them. Daniel Lourie the new guy, and he goes into how they tried to tack to the center, but people weren't having it because San franciscould become the poster child for dysfunction. One of his first acts was to declare a fentanyl state of emergency. Shortly thereafter, Lurie spearheaded a massive cut to the San Francisco budget, helping solve the overspending problems that plagued the Braden administration while not cutting the SFPD or public safety funding. In the past few weeks, Lori has kept up the trend of undoing the progressive policies by cracking down on junkie camps, by severely limiting RV parking times, a bunch of other stuff, and again seventy three percent approval rating in his first six months.
Speaker 2: I'd like for him some of the stuff that's happened. I haven't seen any reporting on, like how did the sidewalks and streets get so clean? They did they use fire hoses on everything overnight at some point. I mean, it's just it's just like sparkling clean compared to what it was a year ago. It's stunning. I've never seen anything change as much as San Francisco changed in the amount of time that I've been going there.
Speaker 1: You know, it's as simple, as simple as and the fact that people don't get this frightens me. It's as simple as if your town is crappy, it's because it's being run crappily. It's because of bad policy and bad politics. They can blame whatever they want, budgets or the white man or whatever. It's not that it's policy. So that's Daniel Lurie in San Francisco. Then you got poor old Jacob Frye in Minneapolis, the left wing activist Minnesota mayor Minneapolis mayor. You may remember him weeping openly in the wake at George Floyd's death. It was called performative here in the Washington Examiner, he wailed about one hundred years worth of intentional segregation institutionalized racism. He downplayed Black Lives Matter riots by claiming the rioters were from out of state and probably conservative plants.
Speaker 3: Blah, blah blah.
Speaker 1: Well, when it came time for him to get re elected, the Minnesota Democratic Farm Labor Party abandoned him and instead endorsed his top opponent, State Senator Omar Fatah, a destructive left wing dielogue, a socialist, a Jew hater, an is lomist, anti police activist. They just dumped Jacob Fry. Jacob, you bent over backwards. You prostituted yourself to these people, and they dumped you because of the color of your skin. You are a white fella. You will not do anymore. Good luck of Minneapolis. I told you two mayors and a president. Here's the president. The fabulous Neil Ferguson wrote a great piece for the Free Press about Harvier Malay Milai and what he's accomplished in Argentina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of these stats are incredible.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was rooting for him so hard when he got elected a year and a half ago. When he was sworn in in the end of twenty three, Argentina economy was an incurable basket case gross domestic product who's shrinking by one and a half percent or more a year. According to the IMF, per capita gross domestic product on an inflation adjusted basis was lower in twenty twenty three than it had been in twenty oh seven. Public finances in disarray. IMF estimated total public debt around ninety percent of GDP forty billion, of it was owed to the IMF, a culmination of no fewer than twenty two programs. They mentioned the previous socialist government's reckless physical and monetary policies that created annualized inflation. Get this, you remember when it was like nine percent and people are screeching, they're annualized inflation exceeded two hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how you function in societies like that, So that ten dollars steak is now thirty dollars two days later or one year later. Rather, I hope, I hope I ever lived through anything like that. I've always been amazed when you hear those stories, just like you just give up, like immediately, like I'm I'm I'm broke, I'm completely broke. Everything I've worked for my whole life is gone.
Speaker 1: And then for meal wheel barrow full of cash to buy a loaf of bread, right, you know, in the last days of the Confederacy or whatever. The so it was annualized inflation exceeding two hundred percent. Indeed, the wholesale price inflation in December of twenty three, when Mela took over was fifty four percent.
Speaker 3: Months over month.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, technically hyperinflation according to the widely accepted definition.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see. Well, if that's not, I don't know what you gotta be.
Speaker 1: Uh to give you some idea that in twenty twenty three, the price of a latte roughly tripled from fifteen hundred pass to forty five hundred.
Speaker 3: If you're a.
Speaker 2: Lat if you're still drinking lattes when inflation is five hundred percent or whatever, Wow, you're optimistic. I'd got to go ahead and like just to make coffee at home.
Speaker 1: Maybe, And restaurants and coffee shops had to print their price their menus on paper because they were adjusting their prices twice a month.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what he inherited.
Speaker 1: After less than twenty months, Milai has eliminated the fiscal deficit, cutting it from five percent of GDP to zero. He's reduced the number of government ministries from eighteen to eight. Chainsaw, Remember he gifted the Elon Musk with the chainsaw uh, he said, Ministry of Tourism in sports out, Ministry of Culture out, Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development out, Ministry of Women, Gender and Diversity out, over and over again. With the Executive Order seven he issued a few days after he was inaugurate, and he deregulated key markets including property rentals, commercial airlines. Oh, property rentals, mamdami. He deregulated them, deregulated commercial airlines, and rode freight transport labor. Market reforms took longer, but were enacted after a fight with Congress. You know, I could get into more statistics and all. He overhauled the imports system, removed quota's licenses, NOLL certifications, and how did you still long term program with tax and regulatory reform?
Speaker 2: How did he do it? Indian casinos? Uh No.
Speaker 1: But the result of the shock therapy has been a stunning recovery. He's brought monthly inflation down from thirteen percent to two percent. The economy is not shrinking anymore, it's growing at seven percent a year. Investors are buying up Argentine stocks and bonds, which they had not for a very long time after a brief upward jump. Because there's going to be pain when you administer shock to his system. The poverty rate has fallen from forty two percent to thirty one percent. There's a great deal to be done, but it is a stunning success. As of course it is. The free market works so much better. In fact, that's a too faint a way to put it. The free market is worlds better, world's better than government control.
Speaker 2: Just because you mentioned the Free Press that you're reading from Barry Weiss who started the Free Press. She was a journalist at the New York Times. She's a lefty, but not as crazy as the other lefties there. They were also woke. They hated her partially because she supported Israel. Anyway, she left the New York Times started her own thing, the Free Press. She's trying to go public with that, and its evaluation is going to be somewhere between two hundred million and two hundred and fifty million dollars. Great, she started it two years ago. I wish I had a shred of that. Good for her, Yeah, she's terrific. I love the Free Press. I'm a big fan. Well, yeah, I see it as you know, one of the good guys winning, which is always nice, but just that there's a hunger out there for reasonable journalism obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know she and most of the staff there, well, they have all sorts of I mean, they have Neil Ferguson who is unapologetically conservative, but they're liberals, not progressives.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Between her and Mark Hauprin's amazing growing success and everywhere that he is and all the things he's got going, it gives me some hope that there are enough people out there that want even if it's not their cup of tea politically, they believe you're trying to be honest about it.
Speaker 3: Right, That's that's what I want.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you're you know, way to left me on your politics, as long as I believe what you're telling me is true, and then we can come to different conclusions.
Speaker 3: Right you're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I hate being pandered to. It's insulting to my intelligence. A lot of people like it. It feels ooogy to me, but you know, to each of their own. Eh, you sink or swim in this business, and so far we're swimming. We appreciate you being here. If you like the show, tell a friend. If you don't mind your own.
Speaker 2: Business, we're the ten wealthy of suburbs in America, among other things we could talk about just for fun.
Speaker 3: I don't know. We got to come up with some.
Speaker 1: I used to live next door to one of them. Really, Yeah, because you're one of the incredibly wealthy from birth Silverspoon. No, no, no, it's the patchwork of Chicago suburbs. You had very affluent, then kind of nice, and then very working class.
Speaker 2: Cheek bajow armstrong. An elite getty is what we'll call it.
Speaker 3: That's not even.
Speaker 2: We'll get this up. Venus Williams won a tennis match last night. Interesting note about that. You'd hate to be the one who lost that lost to her. Anyways, stay tuned. Lots of stuff on the way.
Speaker 1: So as we speak, right now, the sentencing hearing is going on for Brian Kohlberger, the monstrous psychopath, former PhD student in criminology, who butchered those four poor young people in Idaho to see if you could get away with it, I think, and and the survivors are families are testifying right now, and uh and it's incredibly heavy and traumatic and sad and brutal and any but a.
Speaker 3: Friend of mine who's watching this Live.
Speaker 1: Just told me one of the moms sad, you got a's in college, but you're going to get big d's in prison.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, I have no idea how I would react. I pray god I never find out. But oh, that's quite a line.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Why what's the motivation to participate in this sort of thing? I feel like, And you know, I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about this, because who wants to. I feel like I wouldn't not dignifying you with even talking to you, go to prison for the rest of your life, you scum back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they pressed him with a series of questions and all I'm sorry, I was super serious.
Speaker 3: I just I couldn't believe that line.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we'll have more on that later. Oh those poor people.
Speaker 2: But what what is what is in theory the goal of this sort of thing.
Speaker 1: You have the right to confront the person, Well, it's part of the sentencing. You go before the court and you explain, yes, his crime was terrible and here's why. So he can because he has attorneys saying, look, he was a troubled kid.
Speaker 3: He got kicked around or whatever.
Speaker 1: He should get a very light sentence, and the family is there to say, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: No, So you're you're you could affect how long the sentence is. Absolutely, well, that'd be motivation to show up because otherwise, I just you know, you've taken enough of my time in my life, and I'm not going to dignify even speaking to you.
Speaker 3: You've come back, enjoy the rest of your life in prison.
Speaker 1: Well, and as they addressed him or asked him questions, he just stared at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, that's a horrible deal.
Speaker 2: I did see what I don't remember what news shows was they were interviewing some former life sentenced prison dude talking about how they treat guys like him in prison. So she's accurate. He is not going to have a good time in prison unless there's a tremendous effort made to separate him from the regular population.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, do we want to hit the audio and we'll do the Venus Williams things next?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, let's do this quick message from our youngest daughter.
Speaker 1: Avery wanted to say, he may have received a's in high school and college, but you're going to be.
Speaker 3: Getting big D's in prison. Thank you.
Speaker 1: He's actually after laughter and then applause. I know, Oh I laughed too when I heard it first. But good lord, that's some dry, dark humor. She means peniss, Yes, she does. He's going to be raped in prison.
Speaker 3: Goodness.
Speaker 2: You know that's not the way the system is supposed to work. As a libertarian ish person, we have a system for figuring out to punish it. It is, and it doesn't include extracurricular punishment by the.
Speaker 1: Big Venus toughest guys who then get their sexual jollys while they're in prison.
Speaker 3: No, it's not our system, but I get it.
Speaker 2: But I don't mind that it's going to happen. How about that? I don't mind that that will happen to him?
Speaker 3: Horrifying.
Speaker 2: That is Venus Williams, the tennis player. Do you remember her? She's forty five years old. She won a tennis match last night, in actual WTA tennis event, the oldest player to ever win an actual sanctioned by the group that sanctions all these tennis tournaments match. We'll hear from her, and we'll revisit her father. Longtime listeners of The Armstrong and Getty Show Remember this is one of our favorite clips of all time. If we were going to do a clip of the you know, Armstrong and Getty universe, it would make the top ten. I mean it's pretty good that and other stuff on the way. Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: I had to come back for the insurance because they informed me earlier this year.
Speaker 3: I'm on Cobra.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Sounds like I got to get my benefits on him started training.
Speaker 3: She's actually not lying about that because we talked about that about six years ago.
Speaker 2: So you're actually telling the truth.
Speaker 3: You know, Inra insurance is has insurance. You guys know what it's like.
Speaker 2: And let me.
Speaker 4: Tell you, I'm always at the doctor, so I need this insurance.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's why Venus Williams came back to tennis. I have a feeling she made enough money she can cover her medical bills. But so Venus Williams became the oldest tennis player to ever win a WTA actual tennis event at age forty five, I feel like not have enough attention being given to the poor girl. A loss to her which couldn't have been her greatest day. Twenty three year old ranked thirty fifth in the world, so no slouch. Yeah, lost in straight sets to forty five year old Venus Williams, which is pretty impressive. That forty mark. There's some athletes that can compete against the good twenty one year olds when.
Speaker 1: They're forty, but not much further than that. I mean, those are rare stories. Sure, that's what good she is obviously, Yeah, forty five is getting up there. Any who, Venus Williams who won her She won her first match, her big tournament when she was what like sixteen, So we're looking at like, dang near thirty years ago when she came out of Compton and took Wimbledon and US opening all these different tournaments by storm as a child, and then later her sister who actually turned out to even be better. But anyway, when do you want our first tournament? And everybody was excited about this girl. Here was her dad in his first go around with fame, being asked about how people back in the neighborhood are reacting to.
Speaker 3: Local girl. Done good.
Speaker 5: Oh, they're all are jumping. They get jumping, and they probably going to go out and smoke a lot weed, you know, get some beer, and they even joy the rest of the night.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty earthy take, and I think everybody liked that, because a lot of your tennis professionals come from the sorts of neighborhoods where I see them actually in my neighborhood when I go lift weights to the country club. These boys and girls, lots of girls out there who are like twelve years old, with a private tennis coach tossing balls to them for a couple hours every single day. It's a lot different than the way Venus and Serena came to it.
Speaker 1: I expect the folks back in the Hamptons, we'll be enjoying some champagne, some caviat and we'll rejoy the rest of the eve.
Speaker 3: We're going to we.
Speaker 2: Weed, probably some beer, and enjoy the rest of the evening jumping.
Speaker 5: They get jumping, and you're going to go out and smoke a lot weed, you know, get some beer, and they even enjoyed the rest of the night.
Speaker 3: Yep, why wouldn't you so?
Speaker 2: Another wrinkle in the story that has grabbed so much of America, the CEO and the chick getting caught at the Cold Blade concert, and how that whole thing has played out from the overthinking it department. I've got something that was actually in the sub stack today I'll get to But so, uh, his wife has disappeared to one of their other homes. They live in a ten million dollar home, but she's disappeared to their excuse me cabin that is only worth two million dollars up in Maine, and trying to hide out because all the media is trying to get to her, which has got to suck. Which is kind of a little bit of the point of this article. I just came across by some woman. It doesn't matter who she is. Why are we so into this?
Speaker 3: This woman writes.
Speaker 2: It's classic schadenfreud, pleasure in another person's misfortune. But in the Internet age, it's also more than that. We've collectively decided that Andy Byron, a white man with lots of money who had the audacity to cheat on his wife in a stadium full of people, is a bad person. It's astoundingly simple. Because he is a bad person. There's no limit to what we expect him to withstand. The memes and the commentary and the AI generated comments is photo plastered on front page news sites around the world. The further we dig, the worse the man becomes. He wasn't only cheating, he was cheating with the head of HR, which turned out to be a lie. I guess, she says, sir, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: She had received a promotion very recently and was in a relationship, which is not true anyway, whatever, it doesn't matter. Was he abusing his power to hide his affair. He's the kind of man who cheats on his wife, so he's capable of anything. But what does this public shaming, this outrage, this witch hunt actually achieve. Who are we doing for at four? I suppose Andrey Byron's wife knows she is being cheated on, although I don't think we can pretend this entire spectacle is for her benefit, so we're not like piling on him to make her feel better exactly. Her name too is being published, and she's now had not go hide in a home to try to get away from everybody. Her photos are being pawed through throughout her entire life, Her life is being unpacked on social media. Now, we might think we're restoring the moral order by deriding him, expressing a tacit solidarity with her, but I imagine she kind of wishes she wasn't so famous and that this had happened in quiet, if it happened at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this person is a little overly serious about all of this. They're missing some of the main points.
Speaker 2: Well, are we doing it for women broadly? Is this justice, vengeance, symbolic power for every wife and mother who cared for their family at home while their husband cheated on them in public? Is it about wealth? Is it about privilege? Why do we enjoy that so much?
Speaker 1: I don't think having the coldplay cam at baseball games is a quote unquote witch hunt at all. I think it's funny because what they did was funny. It got attention because it was so obviously a pantomime of what they're doing. I mean, it was like it was intentional. It was so egregious and silly.
Speaker 3: But what's going on? Two things?
Speaker 1: Number one, Yeah, people are expressing a solidarity around certain values about you don't cheat in your on your spouse and you don't do it in public. And they're also doing what people do all the time. They're acting as if they're all pure hearted by condemning other people's sins. I mean, the Bible is there are several references to that the whole Wait a minute, you're awfully interested in that other person's sins, aren't you. It's all you talk about. Why don't we spend a minute on yours? Nah, you don't want to do you say? Hell of a lot of that going on too?
Speaker 2: Are you claiming I got a log in my eye? Well, I'm trying to enjoy this story.
Speaker 1: Uh, roughly speaking, yes, yes, So you know there's all sorts of motives, pure impure, purely fun. I mean, if you're rooting through this poor wife's life and posting her play, you're an a hole.
Speaker 3: You are, Yeah, just trying that to be an a hole?
Speaker 2: What a drag for her? I mean it would be both families with kids, just you know, horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But to add to it that, now you're like gonna get recognized at the grocery store and people are gonna want to take selfies with you while you're going through the worst time of your life that you may never recover from.
Speaker 1: Fully right, Well, speaking of a holes in British bands, uh that.
Speaker 2: Over a transition the British band.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know anything about cold Play.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Gwenna married a foreigner.
Speaker 3: I don't know I feel about that anyway.
Speaker 1: So over at the Oasis show, frontman Liam Gallagher pausing with fistfighting his brother.
Speaker 3: I think they've got that stuff behind him anyway.
Speaker 1: Said quote, and I wish I could do his Northern England accent. But do we have any love birds in the house. Don't worry, we ain't got any of that cold place ninety effing camera ass. It doesn't matter to us who you're effing mingling with or tingling with, none of our effing business. And they went into the next song. Wow, that is a very Oasis thing to say.
Speaker 2: I'm looking up at a TV show right now. I don't know what it is, but it's one of your daytime television shows. And they've got some expert on having a relationship with another employee is always you know that sort of line of and they keep showing the kiss and ducking away over and over while the experts explains how having relationships said, the workplace can be front and this is why here are the eight ways to stay Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh you're exhausting. Nobody wants that. Shut up?
Speaker 1: He said, Oh my god, it's me and she gasped and dove for cover.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: The piling on people, though that kind of makes us feel good is a weird emotion though.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's incredibly unhealthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and almost impossible to not do.
Speaker 3: Uh to some extent. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and there are incredibly brutal, horrible, unhealthy expressions of that too. And in fundamentalist.
Speaker 2: Religious king ring.
Speaker 1: Where you don't dare say, look, that woman doesn't deserve to get stone she had raped, You don't dare say that, you've got to throw the stones with more enthusiasm than anybody else to show that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I condemn it too. Yeah, it's sick and.
Speaker 2: It's a sick tendency. We will finish strong next.
Speaker 6: Here are some other headlines tonight. A life threatening heat dome is intensifying, it's expected to.
Speaker 2: Put We didn't realize that new term is out there, A life threatening heat dome. Good lord on lt HD. Good lord, somebody warned me ahead of time.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how much of the network news likes weather stories every night on ABC.
Speaker 3: Don't life threatening storms.
Speaker 2: I refuse to believe there's an appetite for that. I think it's just easy and cheap.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe ulsters like it. I don't know. Uh.
Speaker 1: We were amused by the term life threatening heat dome though, and I said it reminded me of like a metal guy does. And unfortunately he's off today. But we thought we needed some sort of life threatening heat. Don't don't jingle?
Speaker 3: What do we have? Michael? That's pretty good?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Was here one more time?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Of course in honor of the death of Oswald Osborne?
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah, the great man has passed. Was that our only choice? Or do we have another one?
Speaker 3: Michael? Not Frendan, he does.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's more like a Jay gilesy feel to me.
Speaker 3: I like the first one. Oh there's more, Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Not Fred he do well, it's nothing to try for with.
Speaker 3: What would you describe that style? Ass, I don't know. Play it again? Not Threding, He don't know. Wow, like nineties hip hop pop. That was terrible.
Speaker 1: First one was best. Oh, speaking of fun in the sun, North Korea, this is exciting. You're looking for a beach vacation. You're thinking, No, where I'd like to go is North Korea. If they had a great beach resort, Well, they have opened.
Speaker 3: Such a facility. This is exciting.
Speaker 1: Kim Jong un hailed it as one of the greatest successes this year, and they've opened it up, although unfortunately some Russians went there and said all the North Koreans seem to have been brought here for appearances and they're not really here on vacation, and they published that. And so North Korea has banned foreign visitors from their hot new communist beach resort, at least for now, very very attractive a country where two thirds of the populace is starving, but they have a new beach resort for foreigners. And then this story, this is another North Korea, and you're gonna think I make this and made this up. This is so crazy, so I think I brought this up. Maybe you've heard this. Thousands of North Koreans are now drawing US salaries by assuming the identities of Americans to secure remote jobs. They started doing this during COVID and it's really taken off. They're like computer geeks and they're doing they actually do the jobs, although they're frequently double dipping because you can do that, I guess, and just get your work done and then go to your other job.
Speaker 3: And get your work done online.
Speaker 1: But they're drawing US currency, which they desperately, desperately need into North Korea by the thousands. This is the crazy part the FBI. I shouldn't even say this out loud, but it's been published. The FBI and other investigators are finding them now because they're bound by a few defining characteristics. Total devotion to dear leader Kim Jong Oun, of course, a penchant for stealing.
Speaker 3: Cryptocurrency, huh.
Speaker 1: And an obsession with minions, really cuddly yellow agents of evil from Despicable Me. That's one of those few Hollywood movies that they'll show in North Korea. And I guess this society is obsessed with minions keeping the world safe from grew. North Korean's love of the animated movie franchise has become a recurring of slightly baffling joke among the security researchers who investigate them. Many of these fake workers use minions and other Despicable Me characters in social media profiles, email addresses. They're just they're they're omnipresent in these people's online presence. Some investigators in initially thought their use of gru Gre was a reference to Russia's famed gru the military intelligence agency no, it was a tribute to the Minions Overlord Felonious Grew Senior. If you want to be formal, the Steve Carrell voiced animated character who tries to steal the moon.
Speaker 3: Very skinny legs on grew and final sentence.
Speaker 1: Allusions to Minions and other characters are so ubiquitous that investigators pursuing North Koreans view despicable references as a sign they might be on the right track.
Speaker 2: They get so little pop culture that the little they got they've just all grabbed onto it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they give a bunch of examples that had like Grew in their screen name or or other characters.
Speaker 2: Those movies are fairly entertaining. I've watched them with my kids.
Speaker 1: I watch I finally watched the first one and thought, wow, that's really good. The really good cartoon movies are just really good. But I've found that since my kids.
Speaker 3: Are grown, I don't seek them out each other.
Speaker 1: Fair although, you know, after a couple of glasses of wine on a Saturday nine it sounds like a good relaxing time.
Speaker 2: I watch couch watching Cars three.
Speaker 1: I didn't say I'm drunk. I had a couple of glasses of wine. I'm a grown ass man. Huh, what are you a little girl?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that you know what? That was defensive and combative. I think I may have a problem. They're all pretty good, though, despicable of means.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a weak one in the bunch. I don't know why some of them have one eye and some of them have two. That's never been explained.
Speaker 3: Asha safer workplaces.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much time I got that, Michael blessly about thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll just tap down.
Speaker 1: I just saw little to do something significant, too much to just sit here, mute.
Speaker 2: I just saw up on TV. Perching is the new TikTok challenge. I guess there's some wrapper that perches. It's like, uh, it's like squatting down on one leg and then crossing your other leg over the top. Pretty sure I can't do that. I'm gonna try it as soon as the show's over. Those if I can perch anywhere, well.
Speaker 1: The last TikTok trend we talked about was like kicking in people's doors in the night. Yeah, well, risking getting shot, So perch away.
Speaker 2: Kids, This is more like an athletic test to see if you're flexible enough for strong enough.
Speaker 3: No, no, you're not. I am not. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Thought, Yeah, here's your host for final thoughts.
Speaker 1: Joe gettys of courses first hit, his second heat hit, his life threatening heat. Thought, Yes, get a lot of airplane. Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the cruise. Showed up for work today. Michael Angelo's our technical director.
Speaker 3: He's pushing in the buttons, Michael, which final thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what Ozzy Osbourne says in this clip.
Speaker 2: I think it's find yourself a good plumber.
Speaker 3: But let's listen fully. And finally we went in left school. I wanted to be a plumber job faction with a plumber. I think that'd be a warm Katie Green is off for the day. Jack a final thought.
Speaker 2: So if you didn't hear, we had this story the other day. A variety of athletic things you could do that would predict the likelihood that you're going to die or live to old age, and one of them was to be able to sit on the floor and get up without using your hands and like your likelihood of death is cut by like eighty percent. If you can do it, I'm gonna give that challenge to my kids today. I think I can do it, but it might be cheating. Might have to post that video.
Speaker 1: My final thought is from our two of the show, as I recall, it's my favorite thing we talked about today and probably the most important. The idea that a tolerant society must be intolerant of intolerance or it will cease to be tolerant at all.
Speaker 2: Of course, seems obvious Armstrong and Yetty wrapping up another ruling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: It's not obvious to a lot of know because the intolerant bully them, and most people are cowards. The rightty cowards friends, so many people who thanks so little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com for the hot links, for the swag.
Speaker 3: Pick up a n G T shirt or hat for your favorite fan.
Speaker 2: We'll see tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 3: Get ready, Bell, You're going to enter a problem. This is the United States of America. God's sake. Screw it, I'm leaving short.
Speaker 1: Watch your language and less tolerant of all the bulk.
Speaker 2: Do you understand?
Speaker 3: So let's go out with the buying. Are you ready? It's gonna be pathetic, that's it. What was that? I know that there's no popa toll. Oh my god, only showing America doing this.
Speaker 1: Folks, they armstrong and getty