Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is a verdict with Senator Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you. It is after eleven o'clock at night. I want you to understand when we're doing this is we're going to be talking about this breaking news that deals with this retaliatory strike from Israel on Iran. Senator, your initial thoughts to that.
Speaker 3: Well, as we're recording this at is eleven twelve pm on Thursday night, and what we know right now is that Israel has launched what appears to be a series of coordinated attacks against Iran, in Syria, in Iraq, and Iran all at the same time. We'll get into that on this pod in greater detail. We're also going to get into the Attorney General's testimony before Congress as to the extraordinary threat Fetanohl is that it's the most deadly drug threat that has ever faced this country, and it is flooding across our southern border. And finally we're going to get into in the face of fentanyl, in the face of this invasion in our southern border, order, every single Democrat defied the Constitution and refused to even allow an impeachment trial. I'm going to explain the constitutional issues there. What happened and it's gonna make your blood boil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: I was traveling this past week up to New York and I took with me Blackout Coffee. Why because I'm still doing my show on the road, but I took their Instint coffee and it was unbelievable. If you travel, you got to check out Blackout Coffee, especially their Instinct coffee. And if you want the best cup of coffee to start your day every morning, I'm talking about a premium cup of coffee, You've got to check out Blackout Coffee. Why do I love them because I get to start my day with a great cup of coffee from a company that is not woke. There are a lot of woke coffee companies out there. Well, you can get rid of that woke agenda and get an amazing cup every day. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent admitted to conservative values from sourcing of the beans to the roasting process, customer support and shipping. They truly embody true American values and they accept no compromise, most importantly to you on taste or quality. So it's one hundred percent American coffee. Yeah, one hundred percent with zero percent woke agenda. I want you to try them, and you're gonna be hooked because it is just a premium cup of coffee, and I'm gonna save you big money doing it. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com, slash verdict, Blackoutcoffee dot com slash vertict and use the coupon code vertict. Why it's gonna save you twenty percent off your first order. And if you travel like me, get the instant coffee. It's phenomenal. Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Use promo code vertict for twenty percent off your first order. Be awake, not woke, that's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash vertict. Promo code vertict for twenty percent off your first order. Senator, Uh, this is not a surprise, guys, that Israel responded, even though every single time they're attacked this administration, whether it's through the State Department or through the President, or through the White House spokesman or Kirby at the White House, they keep telling Israel don't respond, don't react, don't defend yourself, don't as they describe anything you do that looks aggressive.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say basically no to it.
Speaker 2: Israel has a right to defend itself, and clearly they said we're going to take steps to do that right now.
Speaker 3: Well, of course Israel has a right to defend itself, and of course, of course that's what Israel is doing. Part of the reason that we specified the time that this is shortly after eleven PM on Thursday, is that it's unfolding literally this minute, and so by the time this podcast post on Friday morning, there may have been many more developments throughout the night and in the morning. And indeed, even what we know now, I have not had a classified briefing this evening, so I don't have any insight beyond what has been publicly reported. And there's always a fog of war when something is just breaking, so we don't know the reliability of the early reports. But what's being reported is that Israel launched a coordinated attack using jets and using missiles against Iran, but attacking Iran in at least three different places, Syria, Iraq, and Iran. And before we get to anything else, Ben, it's worth noting that the scope of the attacks show just how far Iran's reach has extended.
Speaker 4: Across the region.
Speaker 3: What does it say that if you want to strike back in Iran, you have to do it in Iran and Iraq and Syria because they're everywhere. And understand, Iran is the most malevolent force in the Middle East. They are funding the most dangerous terrorists on Earth. They fund Hamas, ninety percent of Hamas's budget comes from Iran. They fund Hesbela, ninety percent of Hesbela's budget comes from Iran. And Iran, led by the Ayatola and the Mullas, they routinely chant death to America and death to Israel. And it's worth noting, as you just said, from the instant October seventh happened, the Biden administration has been telling Israel, do not retaliate, do not defend yourself, do nothing. From the instant Iran attacked Israel directly with over three hundred drones and missiles. Again, the Biden administration's immediate refrain was do nothing, do not defend yourself, do not retaliate it.
Speaker 4: It was truly absurd.
Speaker 3: But you have to understand at every stage that has been the mantra of the Biden White House and the Democrats is they're undermining Israel's right to self defense. I think absolutely Israel should respond. It is responding forcefully. I expect them to respond significantly more forcefully. I don't anticipate that this is the only response we will see.
Speaker 4: And this may be.
Speaker 2: That was the question I was gonna ask you for just putting in context that people understand is we're recording this after eleven o'clock at night tonight. There I don't think there's anybody that believes that this is the end of the response from Israel. It's probably more like the beginning of the response.
Speaker 3: That's probably right, Although I say, we don't know what we will see what unfolds. But you know, it was really striking that when when the missiles and both ballistic missiles and cruise missiles and the drones over three hundred were launched from Iran, that there are a number of things that are really striking. Number one, a bunch of them never even made it to Israel, both because their technology was not great and also because they were shot down in the air. They were shot down number one, using Israel's missile defense, using iron dome and arrow two and three those systems. But number two, they were shot down with fighter jets. And let me say something extraordinary. So the fighter jets that were shooting him down. My understanding is you had Israeli fighter jets, but you also had American fighter jets that were assisting and shooting them down. But you also had and this is extraordinary, Saudy fighter jets and Jordanian fighter jets.
Speaker 1: Exactly why that's so significant.
Speaker 3: Look, if I'd have told you ten years ago or even five years ago that the Arabs would defend Israel in a military attack against it from Iran, that would have seen absurd. And it really is a testament. It's a testament to the incredible progress that occurred when Donald Trump was president, the peace that was flowering in the Middle East, the Abraham Accords, where we started to see the Arabs and Israelis coming together. And I'll tell you a big part of what brought them together was mutual concern over the danger Iran poses, and and that h that this is the fruit of of of what was planted during the Trump administration in the Abraham Accords. But that being said, it's still remarkable. I don't believe there is any precedent for Arabs in conflict in support of Israel and and and so that's that's really quite remarkable. And it does say something when when the Arab states in the Middle East in some ways may be more supportive of Israel than the Biden White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great point. And there's also another a question that I have for you. And as I was watching right before we were we were going to record on CNN, they were saying, well, now now that the world really has to be concerned and worried h of of a massive and they were using this these types of words. Massive retaliation from Iran should be expected because Iran has said so, They've said that they are going to unleash basically Holy Hell in response to what Israel has just done. And they said it's going to be a on a level that you know, basically no one's ever seen before.
Speaker 1: YadA, ya YadA. And then they said, you know.
Speaker 2: This is what the Biden administration had been warning Israel about. It is genuinely shocking to me as I was watching that before we got on here, to think you just want Israel to just keep taking it indefinitely and never defend themselves and never fight back and not hit strategic targets because of the threat that is being given by the same country that literally just attacked you. What world are they living in?
Speaker 3: Look in many ways, Joe Biden, the Democrats are more supportive of Iran right now than they are of Israel. And that's an astonishing statement. Israel is our closest ally in the Middle East. They share our values, They are an incredibly valuable military ally to the United States. There intelligence saves the lives of Americans. Their enemies are our enemies. And yet, as we've discussed at every stage, literally from the moment he was sworn in, Joe Biden and the apparatics in his administration have been undermining Israel from day one, and simultaneously they have been flooding money to Iran, billions of dollars. And just a couple of weeks ago, when I forced to vote on the Senate floor that we should not send billions of dollars to Iran, every single Democrat but one voted no. The Democrats keep look at it this way. They want to send money to Iran, and the Democrats are blocking sending money to Israel. That's extraordinary, and it is their radical base hates Israel. The anti Semitic, radical left that chance from the river to the sea. That is who the Democrat Party is terrified of. And it's who's setting their tune and so even their talking points.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: You know, look, let's go back to October seventh. Remember the night of October seventh, the Biden State Department tweeted out that Israel should not retaliate. That night, as twelve hundred Israelis were being murdered, as women and children were being raped, as some thirty Americans were being murdered, and more were being kidnapped, as hundreds of Israelis were being kidnapped, the Biden administration's immediate reaction was, do not retaliate. They did that on October seventh. They did it again on October eighth, Tony Blinken personally. So that was the reaction at the outset. And understand who started this war. It was Iran. Iran funds Hasbela, Iran controls Hasbela. They are in Iran proxy. The Wall Street Journal reported that the Hamas terrorists trained in Iran for October seventh. So it was Iran that invaded Israel and murdered twelve hundred Israelis. Imagine how America would react if that happened, and then it was Iran again who escalated directly firing missiles and drones from Iran into Israel. Of course Israel is going to defend itself and retaliate. It has to do so. And yet the Biden administration cannot refrain from repeating Iran's talking points of oh, well this is terrible, and now of course Iran is going to respond massively. How about having a president telling Iran we stand with Israel period the end. That's what Biden should be saying, but it's not what he's saying.
Speaker 2: You also have to wonder will this administration change course. And I've said this before you and I've had this conversation several times. I never root for the United States America to fail on national security issues, especially when it deals with foreign nations. Right, I don't care who the president is. I want Joe Biden to be successful in protecting and defending US always against oursaries as well as our allies. And he clearly has done a one eighty from what the Trump doctrine was foreign policy was and to stand with Ismaie like you just mentioned, no matter what, this is not working.
Speaker 3: This weak yes, and just just pause and ask yourself which was better peace and prosperity or war everywhere you look. That's the result of the Biden and foreign policy is war everywhere. That's the result of the Biden. Foreign policy is our enemies stronger, emboldened, and more threatening.
Speaker 2: So will they look at this and at some point do you believe that they may actually change course? Because I mean it sincerely when I say I want us to be safe and I want them to protect Israel.
Speaker 3: I think they are ideologues. I think they are self righteous. I think they are naive. I think they believe, like a bunch of college professors in the faculty lounge, that Iran, if we just give piece of chance, man, you know Iran, we don't have any right to tell Iran to have nukes. You know, So what if if they're crazy religious zealots who say they want to murder us, you know, if we're just nice to them, if we just give them a bunch of money, that they'll be our friends. Look, it is hopeless naivete, and they believe it like a religion. They keep doing it. Think of the the just how devoted you have to be to appeasement to Iran? To in the wake of October seventh, still refuse to enforce the oil sanctions today, yeah, this not enforce the oil sections. And by the way, it is also worth noting today on Friday, Biden is announcing massive sanctions against Alaska, our state, the National Petroleum Reserve. They are shutting down production in It is an incredibly rich petroleum reserve in Alaska, massive reserves. So explain to me how these anti American Marxist zelots can possibly justify they hate oil and gas in America. They're going to destroy jobs in America, They're gonna they're gonna drive up the cost of gasoline for Americans in America. But at the same time they're going to allow Iran to go to go from three hundred thousand barrels a day of oil to two million barrels of oil a day. That's what they're doing right now. And apparently Biden and the Democrats they only like oil and gas if it's produced by crazed Zelots who want to murder us and want to kill as many Israelis as possible.
Speaker 2: What you just said made me want to talk about funding for a second. What is sad is because the position that you just mentioned. The Biden administration is absolutely funding Iran and their needs. Yes, what we're not doing right now is giving Israel funding that they need, an aid in sport, they need, in military hardware that they need from the United States of America.
Speaker 1: How is that possible?
Speaker 3: Because the Democrat Party is captured by the radical left, and sadly the mainstream Democrat Party has turned against Israel. It's not just the fringe. It's not just ilhan Omar and Taleb and AOC, It's not just the whack jobs. It's Chuck Schumer. Chuck Schumer is the one that stood on the floor and demanded that Net and Yahoo be thrown out of office. The democratically elected leader of Israel, it's Joe Biden. Joe Biden is the one who orchestrated a resolution in the United Nations effective condemning Israel for not having an immediate cease fire.
Speaker 4: It's Nancy Pelosi who.
Speaker 3: Signed a letter demanding that America cut off weapons military weapons for Israel to defend itself. Those are not fringe Democrats. Those are the leading Democrats in office. And that's an enormous problem. I had forty a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Now I'm forty two, and I can tell you the older you get, the more you start to realize this stuff changes. I didn't have the same energy to play sports like I used to and I played in college. I didn't have the same energy to work out. I didn't have the same energy to go running. And that is not because I'm somehow an anomaly. It's because the reality is historically right now to sass from levels have fallen off a cliff to an all time low. That's why I want you to know about my friends at Chalk. The patriots at Chalk Choq are here to help real American men just like you, to take back your right to proudly maximize your masculinity by boosting TESTOSTERM levels up to twenty percent over ninety days now. I've been taking Chalk's mal Vitality Stack now for about a year, and I can tell you it works. In fact, I've lost over fifty pounds since this time last year because I've been working out again, been playing sports again, and it is a game changer. If you are ready to get back that strength and vitality that you've lost, and you're ready to get off the couch, you need to check out Chalk. I've been taking it, like I said, for over a year.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 2: That's the whole story. It's manufacturer right here in the US of A. Chalk's natural herbal supplements are clinically proven to have game changing effects on your energy, your focus, and your mood. So if you're ready to get off the couch, go to Chalk Choq dot com. Use the promo code Verdict and you're going to get a massive discount on any subscription for life.
Speaker 1: That's right, Choq dot com.
Speaker 2: Use the promo code Verdict for lifetime savings on any subscription. Limited time offer subscriptions cancible at any time Choq dot com Promo Code Verdict Center. Finally, when it comes to the aid package that Israel needs, what does it look like and how quickly are we going to get an answer for Israel, especially if this turns into a significant military conflict between them and Iran that goes back and forth.
Speaker 3: They need it now, Well, that's up in the air right now as we sit here tonight. The House is in the middle of debating that question right now, and they're trying to put together an aid package and voted out. They're putting together a big supplemental bill that they're talking about, including Israel Aid in that they're talking about, including Ukraine eight in, which is going to split some members of the House and some members of the Senate. They're talking about, including their bill forcing China to sell TikTok, which is a very important bill. It's going to be a big, complicated supplemental It's not clear right now that they're going to get the votes to pass any of it, but they are actively battling it out in the House right now as we speak.
Speaker 2: We'll keep you updated on this as it's going to be a very quick moving next I think week week and a half on these issues.
Speaker 1: We will cover it all for you.
Speaker 2: There's also another big warning and a moment of honesty that came from the Attorney General, Merrick Garland.
Speaker 1: He was in front.
Speaker 3: Hold hold on a second, did you just say honesty from the Attorney General, Merrit Garland?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, it's everybody get right with the Lord because it could be rapture alert.
Speaker 4: Holy cow, that is a sign of the end times.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if you were going to let me get away with that moment, and clearly see this is why I love doing this show because I was like.
Speaker 1: Am setting him up? And yes, you took, you.
Speaker 3: Took, Like the man is so smug and so dishonest. All right, So what did he say? I mean, I suppose even a stop clock is right twice a day?
Speaker 4: What what? What did he say? That that that that was actually honest?
Speaker 2: So the Attorney General was asked about how bad the the fetanol not only you know deaths and abuse are, but how much is coming across the border and how big of a threat does he sees? The Attorney General he was asked this question, and I want to play it. It's it's it's a little bit longer, but it's important because I want you to hear what he said. And the reason why I think this is so important is we also have to tie this back to the impeachment of the man. My orchists who Democrats refuse to move on. So at the same time they're doing that, you have the Attorney Joe going, yeah, yeah, we got a major problem with fetnah in this country.
Speaker 1: It's hell of a lot of people here. Take a listen.
Speaker 5: Senator Moran and I both mentioned in our opening statements, as did you the continuing fight against the opioid epidemic, substance misuse, the drug cartels. I continue to be very concerned about fentanyl use and poisoning. New Hampshire has lost too many people to fentanyl overdoses. Can you talk a little bit about the OJ's efforts to interdict these drugs and efforts to find a way to prosecute those responsible.
Speaker 6: Yes, Senator, I have said, and I deeply mean this, that fentanyl is the dead has a drug threat that this country has ever faced. I've met with families at the DEA, whose children, whose teenagers, whose infants, whose grandparents have died, mostly not even knowing that what they're taking is fentanyl, thinking it's another kind of prescription pill that they were able to get over the internet. We don't even refer to this as overdoses anymore, for this is drug poisoning, because that's what it is. So we are facing this with the urgency it requires.
Speaker 2: Let me just stop there. He says, we are facing this with the urgency that it requires. If this is as urgent as he just said, and I want to read that back to you, Centaer, I have said, and I deeply mean this, that fetnah is the deadliest drug threat that this country has ever faced. I've met with the families at the DEA, whose children, who'se teenagers, whose infants, whose grandparents have died, mostly not even knowing that what they were taking as ventnol, thinking it's another kind of a prescription pill that they are able to get over the internet. We don't even refer to this as overdoses anymore. This is drug poisoning, because that's what it is. So then he says that we are facing this with the urgency that it requires. If that was true, Senator, wouldn't you be then closing the southern border and not having it wide open like it is right now?
Speaker 3: Of course that this is not complicated. The drug traffickers are the human traffickers. It's the same drug cartels. In twenty eighteen, the drug cartels made five hundred million dollars from human trafficking. In twenty twenty two, they made thirteen billion dollars from human trafficking. That's a twenty six hundred percent increase. The people making fentanyl are getting extraordinarily rich under Joe Biden and Alejandro Majorcis and Merrick Garland's open borders. They are flooding the border, and the human trafficking and drug trafficking are completely intertwined. It's the same people doing it, it's the same cartels doing it. And the way they do it is they'll send a flood of migrants over one portion of the river, and border patrol will all go there. And while border patrol is dealing with the migrants. And by the way, because Biden's policy is catch and release, once border patrol apprehends a group, and let's be clear, the group is normally finding border patrol and turning themselves in, then the majority of agents are spending their time processing those migrants, or staying with them in the detention facilities, or getting them diapers, or getting them food, or caring for this massive influx. And so the percentage of agents on on the border that are actually deployed drops precipitously because the vast majority of the agents are processing migrants and doing administrative work. And then what the cartels do is a mile up the river, that's where they move the fetanyl across where the border patrol agents are dealing with the illegal immigrants, they move the fetanyl somewhere else. And so the two are very closely intertwined. And if Joe Biden and Mayorcis and Garland were willing to deport illegal immigrants and follow the law, what that would mean is that border patrol agents could be on the border and stop the fentanyl from coming in. But they can't. And I'll tell you, I'll give you some amazing stats. So do you know how much how much drugs were seized at the southern border in March in one month? How much of feanyl one three and eighty nine pounds? And understand, look, fetanyl is so powerful. Just a tiny grain or two is enough to kill you.
Speaker 1: Tell the story you told us a while ago.
Speaker 2: But I think it's important for people to understand that, just so that they have context. Fetnah is not a heavy drug, Okay, Like you see like a kilo of cocaine and it looks pretty heavy and pretty dense, and then you look at you know, a kilo for example, of marijuana. It's obviously a pretty big package. But there's talk about the grains when you met uh with the agents explaining just how little can kill you, and the story that you told with your own daughters using a sweeten low packet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is something that a DA agent told me, and he had me and several other people take out a packet of Sweet and Low and tear open the packet of Sweet and Low and dump dump all the contents out, empty all the contents. And then he said, okay, stick your pinky and the empty empty bag of Sweet and Low and you pull your pinky out, and there are two or three little grains that are on your pinky. He said, that's enough fatanyl to kill you, just the residue that's in the packet after you've emptied it. And so what I did with both my daughters is I got three packets of Sweet and Low and I tore one open.
Speaker 4: I had them to tear it open.
Speaker 3: I had them empty out the contents and then then do exactly that, because look, it's terrifying. My girls are thirteen and sixteen.
Speaker 4: They're good kids.
Speaker 3: But what is so frightening about this epidemic is it's not Look, it's one thing if you know a heroin junkie on the street who's abusing drugs for years and years and years, if they overdose, that's sad when anyone dies, but that's the result of extended conduct. What is terrifying about this crisis is the people who are dying are not drug addicts, and in many instances, they're not even drug users in the ordinary sense of things. They're a teenager or a young adult who goes to a party and they're at a party and someone says, hey, you want to try a xanax, want to try a percoset, You want to try you know, a riddlin, And look, should you take those drugs if they're not prescribed to you know? But a teenager doing that that didn't used to be a death sentence. Because if they get a pill that someone say god on the internet, and it happens to have fentanyl in it, they literally can drop dead. And that is happening over and over and over again. I'll give you an amazing stay.
Speaker 2: You go back to Garland's exact words, and I think it's important that people hear this as he described it. We don't even refer to this as an as an overdose or overdose anymore.
Speaker 1: This is drug poisoning because that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: This is a point I've tried with my kids to emphasize it. But it's frightening because look, teenagers do stupid things, and it can be just one random And the reason why Garland is right to use the term poisoning because an overdose suggests a drug user that takes too much. And what's happening with feanyl is you have things that are laced with fate fetanyl that they don't know they're taking feentanyl. That's why it's a poisoning because taking a xanax pill will not kill you, but if there's fentanyl in it, and if there's a little bit too much, you can literally just drop dead right there. And here is the stat that is amazing and terrifying. Right now today, fetanyl is the number one cause of death for Americans age eighteen to forty five, number one, number one, more than car accidents, more than heart disease, more than anything.
Speaker 1: By the way, did you say to forty five?
Speaker 4: Eighteen to forty five?
Speaker 2: So what that means is if you remember at the end of last year, it was eighteen to thirty nine, so that it's expanded now to forty five.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if the numbers have expanded or just the category that I'm looking at, but eighteen to forty five it's the number one cause of death.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And here let me give you a quote from Biden's DEA administrator and Milgrim. She said, cartels are quote killing Americans with fentanyl at catastrophic and record rates like we've never seen before. And that begs the question, then, why the hell are you making cartels incredibly rich and allowing them to bring ten point four million illegal immigrants into this country?
Speaker 1: Senator, I'm not sure what's worse.
Speaker 2: Is it the fact that we have an Attorney general that is genuinely being honest now with the American people about the threat, talking about this being the number one killer for those forty five to eighteen in this country and knowing it and publicizing it, and then yet they're not doing a damn thing to stop the flow of the drug coming across the southern border or securing that order. So what is the takeaway for the American people? We know that you're dying at record rates, but we need illegal immigrants to come into fundomly change this country. So we're willing to sacrifice your lives, and your kids' lives, and your grandparents' lives.
Speaker 3: So, Ben, I'm going to give you the very sad takeaway. The Democrats simply do not care. Now, that sounds harsh, that sounds political, But what other conclusion can you draw when they continue to put in place the policies that enriches the cartels and that allows them to keep flooding this country with fentanyl. And you know there's some irony about that exchange. So the senator who was questioning Merrick Garland was Jeene Shaheen. Jean Shaheen is a Democrat from New Hampshire. Literally the day before yesterday, Jean Shaheen sat on the Senate floor along with every single Democrat and voted to shut down, to not have a trial on Alajandro Majorcis, to block even one word of testimony, to block any and all evidence of the invasion at our southern border, any and all evidence of the fentanyl poisonings. That was a major element of why Mayorcis was impeached, and every single Democrat voted straight party line. Look the vote on Wednesday, you need to understand how dramatic and unprecedented it was. And let me say on two fronts. Number one, twenty two times in our nation's history, the House of Representatives has voted to impeach an individual and has sent articles of impeachment to the Senate twenty two times prior to yesterday. The twenty one times in every single time when the Senate had jurisdiction, in other words, when the person who had been impeached hadn't died or resigned from office. Every single time, the Senate held a trial, hurt evidence, and then the Senators adjudicated the case, voted guilty or not guilty. Yesterday is the first time in over two hundred years of our nation's history with the Senate refused to do its job, and it defied the Constitution. And listen, I remember well, I was standing on the Senate floor when Harry Reid, then the Senate majority leader in twenty thirteen, the Democrat exercised the nuclear option and blew up the Senate filibuster for appointees, and it did did enormous damage to the Senate. It broke the rules of the Senate. And I remember turning and turning to Amy Klobuchar, Democrat senator from Minnesota at the time, and I told her, I said, Amy, you are going to regret this. This is going to result in a lot more judges and justices in the mold of antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas and every Democrat. Nonetheless, Lemmings jumped off that cliff, and ironically, the Dobbs decision that overturned Roe versus Wide never would have happened if Harry Reid the Democrats had not nuked the filibuster in twenty thirteen. That was the direct result, because there's no way on earth that Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Cony Barrett, and probably even Neil Gorsich could have gotten sixty votes to get confirmed, which is what would have been required if the filibuster still existed. And what happened yesterday is the Democrats nuked not the Senate rules, but the Constitution, the Constitution's power of impeachment for the Senate. And as a result of yesterday, never again will there be an impeachment trial when the Senate is of the same party as the president. And so, by the way, this could happen less than a year from now. I think it is likely that Donald Trump is going to win in November.
Speaker 4: I hope he does.
Speaker 3: I think it is likely that Republicans are going to take the Senate.
Speaker 4: I hope we do.
Speaker 3: It is also possible, unfortunately, that Democrats take the House. I hope they don't, but it is a real possibility. It's a very very close majority if that happens. If we start January of next year with a Democrat House, a Republican Senate, and Trump in the White House, I'm here to predict what's going to happen. The Democrats are going to impeach Donald Trump again a third time, and who knows, maybe a fourth and a fifth time. They hate him. They'll do it again if they have a majority in the House. But you know what will happen. If they do that, they'll send it to the Senate, and I guarantee you a Senate, Republicans are going to say, nope, we're not having a trial. We're going to follow the Democrat president. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. So no trial for you. That's a bad thing. And by the way, it is worth noting that was the scenario for the first Trump impeachment. The first Trump impeachment, there was a Democrat House, a Republican Senate, and obviously Trump was in the White House, and we could have done what Chuck Schumer and the Democrats did yesterday, but we didn't. We could have just thrown it out at the outset, but we said, no, we have a constitutional responsibility to hold a trial. We think this impeachment is garbage, but we have a responsibility to respect the constitution and allow the house managers to present their case and then to make it adjudication.
Speaker 2: And it's sad because now there's this, like you said, it doesn't matter what you do. If you're in the party that has majority, you can pretty much get away with murder, especially on the Democratic side, and they will not hold you accountable or even have a trial and defend you. They to say you don't get that opportunity at all. All right, I want to tell you real quick about a really, really, really cool company and it's called Ammo Squared. It's an American family owned company owned and operated started by a husband and wife team, and what they do is something that's just phenomenal. Ammo Square helps you stay stocked up on and ammunition automatically. Ammo is delivered to you on demand or automatically when you need it, and stored for free when you don't. It's like a four oh one k of ammo. Ammo Squaer, like I said, as family owned, and what they do is they get you the best price on AMMO and you have a way to build a stockpile of AMMO month after month after month. It's also a way to literally invest in ammunition. You can buy low and dollar cost average over time, and then you can actually cash out when prices rise. We saw what happened with AMO prices during COVID. You couldn't find AMMO and AMMO prices went.
Speaker 1: Through the roof.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where you could have cashed out or taken delivery of your AMMO and had it at your house. You can buy as little as a few dollars a month and let it grow over time, or you can buy a bunch all at once and you have it when you need it. Now, this is not reloads. This is manufactured premium ammunition. Typical customers will cumue at about three to six months and then they ship. But some ship every month. Others just accumulate thousands of dollars worth of AMMO and they might not.
Speaker 1: Ship it for years. It's up to you.
Speaker 2: But the best part is when there is a run on ammunition, you know you have ammunition stored up and it can ship with one click of a button. Now I want to get you some free AMO right now, and I can do that by you going to amosquare dot com slash ben. That's amosquare dot com slash ben. You can sign up and get free AMMO in your account right now. Amosquare dot com slash ben to sign up and get some free AMO in your account right now. Finally, Senator, what exactly did Democrats do yesterday on impeachment? Just so people understand how they pulled this off?
Speaker 3: Well, at one pm yesterday we convened on the Senate floor. This is pursue it to the Senate rules. When we enter impeachment, we were all sworn in and then we all sign the oath Book, one at a time. We signed the oath Book. And what is supposed to happen next is that we adopt a resolution laying out a trial schedule of how the House managers are going to present their case. But instead what happened is Chuck Schumer rose on a constitutional point of order, and a constitutional point of order as you stand and say, what is on the floor violates the Constitution. And he raised a constitutional point of order and he said Article one, the first article sent over by the House does not allege a high crime or misdemeanor. And so what happened next is we voted on whether Article one alleged a high crime or misdemeanor. High crime and misdemeanor is what you need to be able to impeach someone. Now, Article one focused on Alejandro Majorcis's defiance of federal law, that that that that he was refusing to follow explicit and clear federal law, federal law that that says that that illegal immigrants shall be detained, that that illegal immigrants with criminal conviction shall be detained and shall be deported over and over again. Immigration law is mandatory. It says shall shall, shall shall, and he's defying it at a level it's never happened before. It's not that he's bad at his job. It's that he is utterly flouting and defying federal law. And that that's the first article of impeachment. And they argued, well, actually they didn't argue. They just made a motion that it's not a high crime or misdemeanor. They presented no argument. They they did not give a legal argument, they did not write a brief, they did not present an argument.
Speaker 4: And and I was the.
Speaker 3: Person who who who raised the lead objection to that. Now, under the impeachment rules, you can't debate on the Senate floor. You're supposed to be silent because you're jurors. I'm just saying, why is that? But that makes sense because your juror not a lawyer. I guess presenting right, right, And so I made a motion for us to move into executive session. If we move into executive session, we throw the reporters out, we turned the TV cameras off, but then we can debate it. And I said, look, you're making a major legal point. You presented no argument, and what you're saying is quality is fundamentally wrong.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you the amazing thing is.
Speaker 3: The idea that refusing to follow the law, defying the law is not a high crime and misdemeanor is not impeachable. It is contrary to the original understanding of the Constitution. Joseph Story, who was a Supreme Court justice, one of the leading constitutional scholars right at the very beginning of our country, and his commentaries in the Constitution are widely cited for understanding what the founding generation believed the Constitution to mean. And he talked about he wrote at length about high crimes and misdemeanors, and he gave lots of examples, including the Lord Admiral refusing to protect the high seas, and he said, that is a high crime or misdemeanor, and that is virtually analogous, very closely analogous to the head of Homeland Security refusing to secure the border. It's the same principle of allowing lawless piracy to threaten and invade America. So Joseph's story and the founding generation understood this to be a high crime and misdemeanor. And amazingly enough, Ben the Biden Justice Department argued in front of the U. S. Supreme Court that impeachment was the remedy for the Biden administration refusing to follow the law. So in Texas versus the United States, Texas sued the Biden administration for refusing to secure the border, and the Supreme Court ended up agreeing with the Biden administration and saying, well, Texas can't sue and the Biden doj The Solicitor General for Biden argued, look, if you have a cabinet member who's refusing to follow the law, Congress has remedies, including impeachment. And so I stood up and said, listen, the Biden Department of Justice argued last year this was impeachable. It didn't matter. Every single Democrat, all of them. And by the way, even the so called moderates Joe Manchin and Cursten Cinema, they voted also Nope, not a high crime or misdemeanor. And as a result, because they had to have a majority, the point of order carried. They got fifty one votes for it. And so the first article was thrown out, and then they did it again on the second one. And I'll tell you the second one is even more astonishing. So as a result of the first vote, it is now the position of Democrats that any cabinet member can refuse to follow the law and defy the law and utterly ignore the law, and you can't impeach him for it. I mean, that's an astonishing and dangerous proposition in Democrat looney land. But the second article of impeachment was for breach of trust, and it focused on majorcas repeatedly lying to Congress under oath about what was happening at the border. And again Chuck Schumer rose on a point of order and said this is not a high crime or misdemeanor. Now mind you, they're saying lying under oath to Congress is not impeachable. It is a felony. It is a felony that you can serve jail time for. And it's worth remembering Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury. The House impeached him, and what did the Senate do. They didn't throw it out, they didn't dismiss it. The House managers presented the case, they hurt and conducted a trial, and ultimately the Senate acquitted him. But they did their duty to hold a trial. And actually before that, there's someone I'm sure you've never heard of, a guy named Walter Nixon.
Speaker 4: You know who Walter Nixon was?
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 3: Walter Nixon was a federal judge. He was a federal judge actually from Mississippi. You're an all MS grad. He was a federal judge from Mississippi. But he was not a good guy. And he was convicted a perjury before a grand jury. And you know what happened. The Congress impeached him, The House impeached him, the Senate convicted him, and he was removed as a federal judge for perjury. So even though it was clear, there was clear precedent that yes, perjury, lying under oath is a high crime or misdemeanor, it is impeachable, every single Senate Democrat voted that it's not a high crime or misdemeanor. So now apparently, again in Democrat Wonderland, lying to Congress is AOK. And understand, this was not about the Constitution. They didn't care. They had no arguments as to why the Constitution said this. This was about power, and this was about protecting their political backsides because they're terrified of the American people hearing what is happening at the border, the fentanyl, the deaths, the rapes, the children being abused. They do not want that evidence before the American people. And I'll say this is a final point to wrap up. Do you want to see proof of why this is all political and why the Democrats did what they did?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: You know what, you know what ms you know what, MSNBC and CNN covered all day yesterday, Trump, the Trump Trial, Stormy Daniels, ooh smut lying processing Like apparently there was no impeachment proceeding in the Senate.
Speaker 4: Nothing happened. There's no border crisis.
Speaker 3: The only thing they would cover is is the attack on Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Facts, don't forget. By the way, this is a really fun show. We covered a lot. I hope you guys will share it on social media wherever you are so other people can hear what we're talking about here. Please write at say five star review and don't hit that subscribe, auto download or follow button, depending on where you were listening. You also tell alex Ar Siri hey play Verdict with Ted Cruzo automatically play. And on those in between days when we're not doing this show, I will keep you updated on what's going on, especially between Israel and Iran. Make sure you download the Ben Ferguson podcast as well, and I'll keep you updated and the Senator and I will see you back here on Saturday for the week in Review.