Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through It is Thanksgiving morning. Hey, it's Delilah, and I want to know what you are most thankful for.
Speaker 2: Hi, Opel, Hello, how are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: It's fine?
Speaker 1: Tell us your story.
Speaker 2: Well, when my husband and I returned to San Antonio, he's retired Army and I worked for the Air Force. We decided that we would start a Thanksgiving tradition of getting two Army guys into air Force because there's a lot of people who don't get to go home. So we signed up. We got our two from the Army and our two from the Air Force. Our children know that, you know, Thanksgiving Day you come home, you know, if you can possibly make it. So Paul, it was in the Army at the time, he calls and says, oh, my friend can't make it to the East coast. Can he come home with me? And I'm gonna out find no problem because everybody knows, you know, we invite everybody, and you know somebody's there and you need to bring me you bring them along. Long story short, Paul's brother, James's brother came in with his mom and his family. Then his sister showed up with her five kids, and then her daughter showed up with her two children, and then people from work showed up for some unknown reason that didn't make their connections or something I don't remember right now. So in this little two bedroom house we had twenty five people. I think it was twenty five or thirty two anyway, And at the end of all this, the TV station people showed up to interviews because we had been doing it for over seventeen years and they were wondering how come we did it and buy and you know, I'm going, well, you know, we're a military family.
Speaker 1: This is what we do.
Speaker 2: This is what we do here.
Speaker 1: Good for you, all right, God bless you, opl Thank you for calling, Thank you for sharing your story.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you being there for us, and I really appreciate you going and supporting troops that way, because I can guarantee you you never know how much that one drop of kindness will mean.
Speaker 1: God bless you, honey, Thank you, Ephrian. Welcome to the Delilah sholl Tell me what you are most thankful for grateful for this holiday season.
Speaker 4: I'm grateful for lens, connection, family, and being present to enjoy every single person in my life.
Speaker 1: Have you always been emotionally available and present or is this a new thing? Hard to do sometimes, isn't it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: What was your go to in the past to disassociate, to fill your head in your time with nonsense so you didn't have to deal with, you know, real life or the pain of love.
Speaker 4: It was through a breakup that I that hit me in the morning, when I woke up and trauma just beat me up for like five minutes to my bed. I got out and I felt a huge aura around me of just just here, present, gloved.
Speaker 1: Okay, this might be the most miraculous story I've ever had on my show, because that's not the way it happens for most of us. Ephraying.
Speaker 4: No, I think sometimes I'm just walking through life and I feel emotionless, Like I talk to people and it's hard for me to smile sometimes, and it's like when I get to that point, it's maybe because yeah, I've been on my phone too much and I drained my battery, or maybe the food I'm eating, maybe the exercise that I'm not pursuing you though, that gets me to those states. So it's hard work to just focus on the right things to do and keep myself happy and present. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, I am proud of you. I am going to play a song for you, and I'm going to encourage everybody listening to learn from Ephraim and make sure their their mind and their spirits and their body are in the same room at the same time.
Speaker 4: Oh, I appreciate you so much. Though I've been here, I've been listening to your voice for years now, and and you're just an amazing person. I love you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Darling. Happy holidays, God bless you likewise. Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delight Sila Show. Who is on the phone line sharing a little Thanksgiving gratitude with me?
Speaker 3: Hi, Delilah, It's Eileen from New York.
Speaker 1: Hi, Eileen from New York. Welcome aboard, Happy holidays.
Speaker 3: Thank you, same to you. I just want to share that I am so grateful and so thankful for a woman that I don't even know from the UK who donated her stem cells so that it could cure my leukemia. I had a stem cell transplant almost a year ago and my health is restored. There's no trace of the leukemia anymore. I no longer need blood transfusions, which I was dependent on for a long time.
Speaker 1: Wow. And so someone you've never met, someone you don't know, donated what that cured.
Speaker 3: You, her stem cells? Her stem cells. And I hope after two years go by that I will be able to meet her. There's a privacy issue. You can't write for a year and you can't reveal who you are, and then after two years, if both parties agree, we can meet, and I'm hoping that will happen.
Speaker 1: That is a silly rule. I'm sure there's some reason that they came up with that, but I'm going to put it out there into the universe. Who knows who this might inspire to go donate right right?
Speaker 3: It's so important, so so important. I mean, I'm seventy though. I was kind of feeling sorry for myself last year because I spent Christmas Eve in the hospital Christmas Day, my birthday, which was the twenty ninth December New Year's Eve, New Year's Day. But you know what the nurses said to me, You're getting the best gift of all.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen, and here's to another thirty or forty years.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, I'll be happy with twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: All right, you have a great holiday.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling, Thank you for taking my call. Hi, this is Delilah.
Speaker 3: How can I help you.
Speaker 5: I just kind of wanted to call and say that I had my family here tonight, my sister and her husband, kids, and my best friend and her family, and you know, sometimes you just stop me think what a wonderful life and how God's blessed you. It's just been I was sitting here at night and I thought we had a fabulous time, and it's I don't know, it was just wonderful.
Speaker 2: One of those nights to remember.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's one of those nights you think, you know, you forget the little things to stop and say, you know, thank you, thank you God forgiving me everything you have given me tonight, because it was just everybody had a wonderful time and we sang and we played guitar and it was just like everybody just folded together. And when everybody left, I was sitting here and I looked at my husband and I said, you know, I've been married fifteen years. I have an eleven year old son and a nine year old daughter, And I thought, you know, how wonderful my life has been, and how he has blessed me every step of the way. And I just thought, you know, I was listening to your show a lot, and I hear a lot of negative and I hear a lot of positive, and I thought, you know, if I could just call one night and say how absolutely wonderful he is even through the tough times, if you can just stop and remember to thank him for the everything, the green grass and the air and everything. You know, sometimes it's really hard to stop and just thinking for the little things he gives you. I think at night when you pray, you think it's so hard sometimes and you pray for this, and you pray for that, but you don't stop and see, you know what, but just thank you for the little things, like when you hold your little baby at night. You know you thank you for just the little things you have in your life.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio minits as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on a It's Delilah