Speaker 1: Motherfucking mini episode, mini episode, motherfucking mini episode.
Speaker 2: Miss Independent.
Speaker 3: That's why I love her.
Speaker 2: There it is, Ladies and gentlemen, holcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 3: The podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and.
Speaker 2: We finally worked to prove the theories that you the listener have at home. As a motherfucking mini episode.
Speaker 3: Let's go what's up busting babies?
Speaker 2: What's up busting babies and busting bay beets?
Speaker 3: I assume a term that never quite caught on. I think the way that he wanted it to listen.
Speaker 2: Plai has had a lot of vision for us that I don't think caught fire as much as he was hoping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some stuff caught on. Sweet Pussy Saturdays, fun time, m m m hm.
Speaker 2: He's he's very political in a way that I don't think people remember a lot of his When he's not asking to see your pussies, he is encouraging you to vote and vote logically, and that's that's always interesting to hear. Applies it's thoughts on voter responsibility.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, I'm here to say you can love pussy and want to vote.
Speaker 2: That's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Thank you, David Borian, Thank you plies for for the new campaign you boys started. Uh.
Speaker 3: I'd rather not be affiliated for business reasons, but I.
Speaker 2: Think I think what you're doing is important and I'm excited to see the results in the next election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they want you to rock the vote. Why are you cocked the vote? Now? I hated it. I hated it. I hate it. I hated it as soon as it started to come out. All right, it's a weird day over here.
Speaker 2: It's a weird day. We took on. We took on an email we had no business taking on, and here we are taking on a new one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Though, this one's going to be great. You want to read it.
Speaker 3: I will read it, all right, this one comes to us. I won't say their name.
Speaker 2: I think you can. They wrote it at the bottom unless they're saying otherwise.
Speaker 3: Oh, I saw, Yeah, you're right, you're right. I saw at the top. Because a lot of the people, they act like we can't see their name at the top of the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we have to scroll before we say it, just.
Speaker 3: To make sure. Yeah, but anyway, So Brie all right, Yeah this came from Brie since on July fourth, which is an interesting day to do anything other than eat hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nine pm, everybody else was black out drunk watching fireworks was like I got my mind email.
Speaker 3: A little too much of the irk and jerk, and you wanted to let us know how you feel. And I appreciate it. You know, I'm glad you spent your holiday thinking about Uh. The title says cop your Way to the Top.
Speaker 2: I like a title. That's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good time. Hello Olivia, who I know? I r l David loved the Patreon stuff and Langston I guess dot dot com. Wow, come on, why did they come at your neck like that?
Speaker 2: For a fuck you?
Speaker 1: Bree?
Speaker 2: I r l oh be doing nothing to nobody. How does he minded my fucking business, trying to make my little silly art and have fun with my friends. And here she come being like, I guess.
Speaker 3: You don't even have like mean opinions on here. I don't get anything. I say. The more outlandish thing.
Speaker 2: I'm on here that you have slur, but most of your slurs get cut out.
Speaker 3: And that's shout out to Justin by the way.
Speaker 2: Shout out to just our phenomenal editor who who doesn't often believe in the magic that he's doing, but he's doing. He's doing very magical things for us.
Speaker 3: He's kept me at the job because, let me tell you, I Will Ferrell got winded some of the ship I've dropped on here.
Speaker 2: Bory only knows slurs about the Swedes. And and we know how much Will Ferrell likes them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the problem. That's his name. Yeah, he does love them. I don't trust him too far north. All right, I read this scandalous longtime little mama here, curious about you guys' take on the black cop phenomenon. Hate him. I've noticed the that was not fair. I've noticed the black I've noticed the black cop character and countless white slash mainstream TV shows and movies Brooklyn, My Nine, I, Zombie, I Robot, Inside Man, Bad Boys, Beverly Hills, Cop, White Chicks, Criminal Minds, Training Day, et cetera, et cetera. Think about it. Your favorite black actor has probably definitely played a cop in something. My theory related to this is twofold. The media is trying to one make playing a cop character a prerequisite for black stardom and two normalized police brutality and further convince us that black cops are the ones doing the most violence against the general public. Curious what you guys think, bre.
Speaker 2: Damn well, I still hate your guts free, but I do this is this is a lot to think about.
Speaker 3: It is the way I want to jump my feet in the water. Is like I feel like, specifically, if you're like around our age.
Speaker 2: We.
Speaker 3: Grew up and this is like just a very general view. We grew up in a time where like police were really glorified within the media, maybe more like you look at like like I mean, there were always like cop television shows and shit like that, But I feel like in the seventies and eighties it was a lot less heroic than it was viewed in the movies of our time. I'll like, the the lethal weapons of it all, where like we grew up watching a lot of movies where they just killed a cops killed a shitload of bad guys, right, that's what they did. I was talking about leave the weapon with my friend the other day. It's like they're just killing people over and over again. So in that there are a lot of black men, black male actors who had to be cops. But I feel like they did it to a ton of white guys too. How many movies is Bruce willis a cop type guy? You know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 2: A Gibson before we stopped.
Speaker 3: So like, I don't know if it is, at least immediately, it makes me feel like maybe it's not a black thing as much as it's like a time thing.
Speaker 2: But I do think that there's a very clear history in Hollywood of infantilizing police in general. Right that, like we're constantly making police sexy and cool and the guys that were meant to be rooting for. And I think that that's existed in entertainment for a long time. And then I do agree that there had there sort of like this big wave of a swaggering black officer, specifically black men I think had a big run in that nineties and two thousands of like being like the cool black cop who comes in and does the thing. I would say that I started this conspiracy gets me thinking about how recently a lot of what I've watched it's been black women being made to be police officers in a way that feels equally manipulative, although I haven't fully landed what the manipulation is yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wonder about it.
Speaker 4: I also am curious because I don't know the percentage of black people on the police force in a home. I have to assum it's it feels like a pretty high number. Oh really, you think it's like a substantial number. I would assumm, it's less than our percentage in the population.
Speaker 3: In the population, I think, I would. I would question where we're talking about. You don't feel like you see a lot of black cops in New York.
Speaker 2: But New York's not global like New York is its own like ship because like La, it's not like a fuck ton of black cops everywhere, and certainly Nebraska ain't churning them out. I would it's you know, at a high click.
Speaker 3: Right, But there's not a lot of black people that I don't know if that's true. Man, there's black people in Nebraska. I don't mean to be like guy in the real world world. Oh there's a link thing.
Speaker 2: We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great.
Speaker 3: We love it. So much just sleek. It's sexy.
Speaker 2: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a koofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, so get it. I like what Brie is saying, though I still don't like breathe about the idea of sort of like presenting this this sort of image to the world. And I wonder if some of the manipulation that's being shown as Lee about like convincing them that black people are responsible for their own police brutality, but instead being able to feel safe in sort of like telling sort of these these complicated, often problematic stories where police are the heroes without feeling like you are elevating a white person beyond the law. Do you know what I mean That, Like, if you make it a black lady instead of a white man, suddenly her getting away with these crimes feels less like a true spin in the face to the victims of the crimes and more like this complicated dance of like you know, social expectations and shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I wish we had more facts about this one, because it is like, because I do think about if the idea of like I've seen like a lot of jolly black cops in media, right, like the raginal Vel Johnson's of you know, sure, but I don't think that in media, I feel like I see black cops portrayed as being more brutal than white cops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except for Boys in the Hood and House Party, House Party that were white cops. But yeah, yeah, boys in the Hood, I would say, is maybe the most like black guy doing it to black people kind of energy. And that was kind of the point that Singleton was.
Speaker 3: Making, right, But for the most part, I think it's like the idea of like a Will Smith cop, right, you know, it's just cool black guy doing board cop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he is a fucking I beat this out of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like it's like like I feel like I feel like the really, the really kind of fucked up cops is still most I mean, obviously there's like training day, but I think of like a like a McNulty or whatever from the white you know what I mean. I feel like that's still kind of like lots yeah white guys. But I don't know. But ultimately, I where do I sit on this? I think it's a good theory.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it me. Here's what I'll saying. I don't like Cops. I've been pretty blatant about it, I think throughout a lot of our episodes. But I'm not a fan of the work. I'm not a fan of the product of the work. I don't think that they hold any real value in our society in the way that they are often portrayed to hold. And so I do believe in a constant manipulation as it relates to making cops seem good or valuable despite all the evidence showing otherwise. And so like, yeah, if you tell me that they're making black people police because it helps push a narrative, I believe that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with my man on this one.
Speaker 2: Same Yeah, so Bree, fuck you and fuck the I think is maybe the big takeaway here. And sure black police can get it too. Fuck y'all.
Speaker 3: Yep, and Bri you're a lovely woman. That's just my special August first, twelve dollars, no discount, no no, no, no little.
Speaker 2: Kind words you're spreading. I get you any cheaper viewings of the of the old Patreon.
Speaker 3: That being said, Langston, would you like to tell the people what cool things you have going and where they can find you?
Speaker 1: I like saying that.
Speaker 3: I know that it's your line, but sometimes when I get to jump in and say it, I like I like the way you.
Speaker 2: Brother, what's mine is yours, what's yours is mine?
Speaker 3: You do what you want. We should we should record an opposite day one day where you're David and I'm Lens.
Speaker 2: I only work on your laugh. I feel like you're very signature in being able to beat you, but I.
Speaker 3: I'll work on your smoldering sense of evil while still being a pretty good guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sounds like we both have a lot of work to do.
Speaker 3: We got small merchants.
Speaker 2: You can follow me at Langston Kerman. And you can see my special August twentieth on Netflix. It's called Bad Poetry. It's really cool. John Mulaney directed it.
Speaker 3: Go check it out.
Speaker 2: And if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories. If you want to customery out, to send it all to my Mama pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: We would love to.
Speaker 2: Hear from you. Like subscribe by the merch, watch the YouTube videos. Tell a friend to tell a friend, and most importantly, pull a cops gun out of their holster and have some fun.
Speaker 3: All right, say what blood you were going crazy? You were going you're going crazy. I had to get you out of there as a friend.
Speaker 2: Just rip it out and see what they do. I bet they turned into cowards. I bet their energy shifts all of a sudden, real fast. Anyway, all right, we did it.
Speaker 3: Bye bitch.
Speaker 1: Motherfucking Mini EPI so mini episode, motherfucking Mini epis, motherfucking Mini ever SL Mini episode, motherfucking Mini ever SL