Speaker 1: I'm Jason chaff it's filling in for Sean. Honored to do so, truly appreciate it. We're gonna be taking calls here at the bottom of the hour. You need to get in that line because I'd love to hear from you and talk about talk about what's going on in America. Eight hundred nine one Sean the numbers eight hundred nine one seven three two six eight hundred nine four one Sean. This get in line. We've got a lot to talk about and look forward to taking your calls. But until then, we're gonna kick things off this hour by talking with somebody I'm excited to talk with. I've never met the man, but I'm excited to have a conversation with him because on July fourth, we're all going to be treated to his talents. It's John on Drastic and he is. He has a band it's called Five for Fighting, and I want him to explain what he's going to be doing. But maybe the way to kick off our conversation with John is to listen a little bit out some of the things he's going to be doing. Let's have a listen.
Speaker 2: This is far alone.
Speaker 1: All the hostages and their families.
Speaker 3: May they be home soon.
Speaker 2: I can't stand fly. I'm not that niggy. I'm just stun to find.
Speaker 3: The better part of me. How more than a pair, more than a play, more than some pretty face facade a track, And it's not easy to.
Speaker 4: Me be me?
Speaker 1: Wish there are cried.
Speaker 3: Fall upon man needs.
Speaker 2: Fan with fly.
Speaker 5: To a home?
Speaker 3: Will soon see you miss out of sir, don't be in a even he who ros heir the protty plead and maybe this won't you even see even heroes hair of the pott of dream And it's naughties to be me.
Speaker 1: That's Uh, that's the band UH five for fighting And we're thrilled to have John on rassic of that band joining us on Sean Hannity Show. John, thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 4: Jason, great to talk to you. I'm a fan of yours.
Speaker 1: Oh well, hey, thank you. We're off to a good start. John, So thank you, very kind of you, very kind of you. Look beautiful song. This is a skill set and talent I wish I had, but I don't. My job in music is to listen. All of my family has told me that that is my role. But that was a preview of I think what we're going to hear the song, right Superman they're talking about there is Superman. Tell us about what you're doing on July fourth, and because you're an incredible performer and you know, Grammy nominated and just I'm thrilled to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you. It's it's a true honor. We will be actually on the limits in New York Harbor. I will be surrounded by sailors and first responders, NYPD, New York Firefighters, gold Star families, wounded warriors, the heroes of nine to eleven. Actually, there'll be a few firefighters that were on the stage with me at the concert for New York almost twenty five years ago will be joining us. And we will be playing that song Superman, and the song that recognized the heroes of nine to eleven. And I'm honored that Alona Well, the hostage from Gaza, will be playing piano for me. And if you had told me, Jason a year and a half ago, that I'd be on the Mimics with the Lone playing piano, singing Superman for our great wonderful nation, I would have said, you're crazy. But you know what miracles happen in America has a history of making miracles, that is, And what.
Speaker 1: An honor, what a privilege. And I take it you're going to be playing more than just the one song. Will we hear Superman? Or you can also play some other songs as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's part of the main kind of navy package for that day. It's part of Fleet Fleet New York City. How they have this incredible like five day pageantry of fifty ships, but this will be kind of the main one. They'll be back bouncing back and forth from the curse Arge to the nimits. The Vice President will be giving remarks on the curse Arge, and they'll be kind of festivities along the way, you know, of course air and naval and just pageantry. And we're going to play Superman with the loan standing with our heroes and our sailors and our and our military families. And then there'll be some other performances and speeches, and then I will close out this piece of the program with God Bless America probably singing with two thousand sailors, which will be pretty epic.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, I mean, we're honored to have a preview of what's going to happen. There in New York Harbor on July fourth, two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of this of this great country of ours. Truly amazing. Now you have quite the reputation of writing about like important things, key events things. You know, it's got a very humanistic approach to it. Where talk to me about that writing process and how you're coming up with the music that you end up playing.
Speaker 4: Well again, you know, you know, I wish, I wish I had the secret. I truly believe there right in every room if I could just hear it. But certainly you write about things that inspire you, frustrate you. You know. The last few songs I've written have to do with world events. You know, Sean was very helpful in rescuing folks from Afghanistan that we abandoned. I wrote a song called Blood on My Hands when Ukraine, performed a song with Mean Orchestra, and more recently wrote a song called Okay supporting Israel after October seventh and performing at Hasha Square, and that's where this new version of Superman came for the hostages. So again, I think it's a role of musicians to talk about the world and speak about what matters to them, And the honor of my career has been performing for our troops and writing songs about their experience and telling their stories. So I just look at my kind of role as to shine the spotlight where it belongs, whether it's our veterans, our allies, or are our soldiers, and it's been an honor to do.
Speaker 1: So how do you how do you start that? You just do you hear it in your head?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How do you what? You may be inspired by something like oh I should I should say something about that. In fact, the way that I'm going to communicate is through music. I'm going to do that with with lyrics and music, and but how do you how does that come together? I'm fascinated by this how people have this incredible talent of being able to almost do you hear it before you actually write it? Or do you do the lyrics?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, so tell me how you do it?
Speaker 4: Well, there's no secret, thoughts, I think you know, there's many strategies. You know, you can start with a lyric. That's what Elton John used to do. Berning Tappan would write a lyric for him, leave it on the piano and he'd come down in the morning and write epic, iconic songs, which I can. Or you can start with a melody, or you can start with kind of a concept or a feeling. My song one hundred years, you know, really kind of comes from that cliche of living in the moment, appreciating the moment, which some of us have a hard time doing. And when you have two little kids kind of looking at you and and giving you perspective that puts the idea in your head, then you have to write it. Two more recent songs examples, The song for Afghanistan, Blood in My Hands, was inspired by the rage of that we abandoned our allies, and then General Millie told us that we had extraordinary success. That made me very angry, and that song basically became you know, I wrote that in twenty minutes. The more recent songs, for example, the song Okay for Israel, that really evolved over months when we saw the collapse of so many moral institutions. The media are college campuses across the world, the kind of raging anti Semitism, so that one kind of germinated.
Speaker 6: For a while.
Speaker 4: But you know, you never know where they're gonna come from. But you know, Superman, I wrote in forty five minutes, Jason, and I've been looking for that forty five minutes ever since.
Speaker 1: That's that's amazing that you can crank that out when you're really inspired like that, and you can do that now. The band is five for Fighting, and so I assume we can go online and find that right five for Fighting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all there five for Fighting dot com. You know, we have all the information about this fourth third July. We're on tour right now. I'm sitting in the dressing room in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We're out with Edwin McCain and we're in Dallas last night, so we're wrapping up our tour and having a lot of fun and talked a lot of veterans military families out here on the road. And then July second, I'll leave the bus, so I'll hop on a plane and come to New York and see you guys and hop on board with the Sailors and sing a few songs. So it's going to be busy, but we're gonna spend the night on the Nimitz, which is gonna be awesome, and I imagine that bunk might be a little more comfortable than my tour bus, but I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 1: Well, having spent time on an aircraft carrier, don't don't get your ups hopes up to too high. And let me give you some advice. If you're going to sleep on an aircraft carrier, figure out how to get to the bathroom in the pitch black because they have those red lights that But if you wake up like I do in the middle of the night and you got to take a leak, you better figure out where that bathroom is in advance, because it's not it's not logical necessarily. And I learned that the hard way on the USS Eisenhower out in the in the Arabians golf or whatever you're called Persian golf, and I paid the price having getting a little bit lost at three o'clock in the morning on the aircraft carrier. Just just word otherwise, last last question for you here, John, what is what does America mean to you? You know, it's got such a special place in my heart and the freedom and liberty and I just I stand in awe of all the people that have come before me and made our life and our country so great, and I get infuriated by those that want to tear it down and turn it into something other than the great country that it is. But what does America mean to you?
Speaker 4: Well, that's a good question. It's a long answer, but I would have to say it really means hope. It means hope for the world. And I think the best way to understand it is imagine a world without America. Imagine a world right now with what we're seeing in the Middle East, what we're seeing in Europe, Imagine a world without the United States. Certainly we're not perfect, both you and I were not blind patriots. Certainly we make mistakes, but there's never been a country a group of people in the world that has done more good, stood for human rights, for liberty, and I don't think we should be ashamed to say that. I think it's very clear. And we're at a time, as you mentioned, where we're facing forces both outside the nation and inside the nation who would love to tear this whole thing down. But I think as long as we have patriots who understand the values of the founding fathers and understand the value of our troops and freedom that is not guaranteed. By the way, it is not guaranteed I think we will lead the world through what I believe is a battle for civilization right now. And you know, thank goodness, you know, thank goodness for our soldiers, thank goodness for our veterans and all who you know pay the ultimate price. But look, we're not perfect. But boy, I love America. I love our country. I love everything about the Blue States, the Red States, the Purple States, because I see them every day on the road. And I'll tell you this. You know, the media loves to divide us, but I see it first an when we're all seeing a hundred years when we're singing Superman. You know, there's no politics. It's just people singing together. And there's much more that brings us together than divide us in this nation. And I see it every night, and I hope to celebrate that with you and everybody else on July fourth.
Speaker 1: Well, John Andrassic, honored to talk to you. Really looking forward to your performance New York, Harver July fourth. That's going to be a special special moment aboard the USS Nimitz. Thank you so much for joining us here on the Sean Hannity program, and thanks for sharing that preview of Superman and what we're going to hear and see and really looking forward to to watching that. Thanks again for joining us. Remind everybody call in eight hundred ninety four one Sewan eight hundred nine one Sean. That's eight hundred ninety four one seven three two six. We're going to be taking some calls. Do with us. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: The Dems want to stand on the step singing terrible songs and cursing out Trump. You know you have one guy over the shout and.
Speaker 4: Ever wonder if these people ever.
Speaker 6: Go to work me too?
Speaker 2: Throughout This is the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 1: Jason Chief, it's filling in for Sean. And I got to tell you we've been talking about how great the United States America is, and you know it, there's nothing better. And I feel for the men and women who are serving our country right now. News of the day in part the United States is having to use kinetic action force as the United States Military cares carries out more strikes against Iran near the Strait of Horn moves. Guess what, our audience, you decide you're gonna till it take people out, gonna kill, going to try to blow up ships. Well, we're gonna We're gonna decimate you. It should be that simple. And Donald Trump understands this and he's going to drive home that message. But more importantly, to the men, the women, the families that are there involved and engaged in that fight, thank you. Thank you for protecting the United States of America and doing what needs to be done in order to help protect the world and most importantly the United States of America. It isn't our best interest and we can't thank you enough for doing it. All right, you need to write this number down eight hundred sewan, eight hundred one Sean, because we're going to be taking calls. That's eight hundred nine two six. We want you to be able to call in and ask your question. Who knows where this is going to go? I love this part of the program. One eight hundred nine one Sean. And we'll be taking those calls and to those men and women doing what they do best, doing what they've been trained to do. God bless we need you and thanks for doing it. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Breaking news straight from the source.
Speaker 4: This is the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 1: And I'm Jason chaff It's filling in for Sean. A lot's happening in the world as we come up here. What an incredible week. Next week is going to be celebrating July fourth. But right now, right here, today, we're going to take your call. So you can call in eight hundred nine four one sean eight hundred and nine four one sean. That's seven three two six if you can't spell sean eight hundred nine one seven three two six. I want to take your calls. I also want to talk a little bit about drones because I do think they pose an incredible threat to the country. I also want to talk about AI and AI glasses. So we're going to work those two subjects in. Well, let's get to the phones and uh, let's go to line two. We got Bob in North Carolina. Bob, what's up?
Speaker 6: Hi, Jason, thanks for Karen the torch conservatism, even though you're not in Congress anymore. Really appretia, Well, thank you, thank you. All right, So my question concerns John Soon. He has not allowed President Trump to have even a single recess appointment, and that's bizarre. This is the first time it's ever happened. So one, why has he done it? I don't expect you'll know, but and I also wont to know why nobody's asked him about it.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about the lack of questioning of this. Look, I John Thune, he was elected by This is why I started the program right. It started by saying, Look, Republicans need to do what Republicans said they were going to do. He is the majority leader because Donald Trump put together a successful campaign and had a mandate given the overwhelming vote that he got from coast to coast, winning by millions upon millions. And part of what they wanted to do is to restore common sense and to do certain things like protecting our border and making sure life is simple and secure. And guess what, in part of delivering that, you have the Save America Act, which would just a simple thing require voter identification. And yet somehow, some way, he can't figure out how in the world to bring this up, and if it fails, bring it up again and again and again. And it's so frustrating because we have a majority leader that needs to figure out creatively how to actually do this. The House of Representatives. Give credit to those House Republicans for actually passing it multiple times, and then when it comes to actually getting people on the president's appointments list, to getting them You're right, whether they're recess appointments, or remove them through faster and quicker. Yeah, there are democratic tools that they can do in the minority to slow the process down, I think. But Bob, I think you bring up a great question. Why not go into recess and allow the recess appointments to happen. I don't understand it's a legitimate question. The media needs to ask him that, I really do.
Speaker 6: Thanks you, Thank you, Jason. I appreciate you at least thinking about it. If you would pass that along to some reporter boy so they can shoot soon that question, I'd really appreciate it. I want somebody to put them on the spot, that's all.
Speaker 1: That would be great. Thanks Bob, and good luck. They're in North Carolina. All right, Uh, let's go to line in one. We got Jim in Florida. Jim, We're in Florida, Jacksonville. Oh nice, Well, thanks for calling in to the Handity program. What's on your mind?
Speaker 7: I'd like to stair away from politics for just a minute so I can gay talk about I want to get you to talk about something that a lot of people probably don't know about you your days is a kicker with the BYU Cougars.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, it's going to be a little while ago now, but it's true. I was a placekicker back in eighty eight eighty nine. This is my junior senior year. Was the freshman sophomore year with Ty Deptmer, who went on to win the Heisman Trophy. It was a great time. I'd like to remind the people of Utah that we never lost a game by the margin of my missed kicks. Otherwise, you know, I'd be living in Arizona or Florida or somewhere else, but I couldn't live in Utah. But yeah, what a great way to go through college. When I left, I had five school records. They were all extra point records, which was much more of a testament to the quarterback than it was because we scored so many touchdowns back then. I mean, we just racked up the scores. Lavelle Edwards was the coach. And you know, the one position on the field that would work for me is if they touched me, they threw a flag. And uh, I thought, yeah, I could do that because I was I played a lot of soccer, and I could kick a ball and kicking it between those two posts. That seemed easy to me, and I loved it. It was a great, great time in my life.
Speaker 7: Could I ask you, what was the longest field goal you ever made?
Speaker 1: So in the spring game it was fifty three yards, but I remember Lavell Edwards he said, listen, thirty five yards and in you cannot miss. You've got to be one hundred percent forty five and out. Yeah, you know, you got to make about seventy five percent of those fifty in out. Yeah, make half of those and you'll be good. So everybody always asks what's your longest I think the one I'm I'm the most proud of is the consecutive streaks of you know, extra points and as like I said, I said, some school records there. So that was that was fun.
Speaker 7: I saw you a few times, but the only problem is here where I'm at in Florida, I didn't get to see you till like midnight when you're games would come over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, my best game is we beat the Colorado Buffaloes in the Freedom Bowl. I kicked two field goals in the last four minutes and eleven seconds, and who was named the most valuable player of the game. Ti Depmer and I'm like, you get this big, huge, ditch huge trophy. You threw for no touchdowns. You didn't run for a touchdown. I had to come in because you threw two incomplete passes. I kicked two field goals and we win by three, and you're the most valuable player. Then he went on to win the Heisman Trophy. But you know, as a kicker, you gotta get used to it. So, Jim, thank you for the question. I do appreciate it, and good luck there in Jacksonville, Florida. Love it out there. All right, let's go to line four. Remind you the number eight hundred and nine four one sean eight hundred nine four to one. S ea, N type it in on your phone. We'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: We got Jeremy and why Washington State. Jeremy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey, Jason, I will just call them. I'm just wondering why we don't encourage more people that are supporting the socialism cause to move to these big socialists make a big socialist utopia, and then they could have the big voting block in their areas and then we could have our whole area socialist free. I mean, well move to those areas to get those benefits.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the thing. Right, You make a good point. Now you're up in Washington State, so we got some craziness there in Seattle. It's it's Washington State is fascinating. It's like two totally different states. Right eastern part of Washington very conservative. Right, you get into Seattle and it's just crazy town. So yeah, I mean, yeah, if you if you want to. That's the thing we suffer for here in the Inner Mountain West Idaho, Utah. It's like we get all these califor Ffornians abandoning it because they can't stand it. Then they come here and they want to be like California. They're like, wait a second, if you came here because it was a better place to be, don't don't try to change us into into to California. That's the last thing we want to do is be like California. So yeah, if you want to be a socialist, yeah you go live in Vermont or you know, in New York City. But I also think it works the other way because the only business that's really thriving in California is u haul that people are leaving at such big numbers. And in New York, I mean, they keep scaring everybody out. Why do you think Florida is just surging right, better tax scheme, better run state, better everything, pretty much education. I mean what Governor DeSantis has done down there in the great state of Florida. I mean even Sean Hannity moved down there. So it made a lot of sense to a lot of people.
Speaker 5: And I think time will tell, you know, as more conservatives doom about those areas, I would imagine more socialists thinking people would move to the areas that were that way instead of trying to turn conservative areas into socialist areas. At least that's what I hope for, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they could also go They could also go move to Russia, you know, or some or Cuba if we would let them. You know, remember all the celebrities during the election, all the celebrities that going out and say, oh, if Donald Trump wins, I got to leave the country, and like two of them did, and most of them were just loviating and didn't do it. But even those that went over there, they decided, hey, they're going to come back now because they missed the United States because it is the greatest country on the face of the planet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yes it.
Speaker 1: Is, Jeremy, Washington State. Thanks so much for calling in. All right, I're goan to remind you the number eight hundred nine four one seven three two six eight hundred ninety four one seven three two six. That's when Sean. But I'm going to take this moment here before I take another call here, and I want to talk about AI, artificial intelligence. At Linda and I a producer of the show here, we were talking about this offline. It can be done for a lot of good things. It can be used for a lot of nefarious things. Now, I wrote a book and the book is called They're Coming for You. How big government, big NGOs, big government, and big business are coming for you and they're going to try to block you out of the economy. And I mean conservatives. If you're a conservative and you're listening to this program, pretty good odds, then they're coming for you and they're going to use these tools that you are oblivious to in many ways. But one of the things I talked about and in the book, and I have talked about it for and I'm continuing to talk about it is scary with artificial intelligence. It's not just like Google but better. You know, hey, we're going to Google something. No, it's a whole nother paradigm. It's a whole nother level. And what it can do is be able to search so fast. And the reason you see in Nvidia and some of these other high tech companies and chip makers is because they need the speed, right, they need the speed in order to make AI work, artificial intelligence work. Well, Meta the parent company of Facebook. And then you also have a ray Band, one of the world's most famous sunglass companies. They make glasses and sunglasses, cool stuff. You know, think Tom Cruise going back to the to to those days. Ray Band's pretty cool, pretty popular. Well, here's the challenge that I see. They've now embedded this camera into glasses and you really can't tell. You'd have to really look at the glasses in order to tell that it has a camera on it. Well, when it has a camera on it, you could go and walk up to somebody and just look at them, and the camera can instantly search the internet in using artificial intelligence, it can identify that person because there's so much facial recognition. Now again by book, they're coming for you. We get into the depths of how facial recognition, by the tens of millions has been used and built into these data banks. So, like most people don't realize, if you go in to get your driver's license, there are lots of states that have operating agreements that they then take those driver's license photos, even if your daughter is sixteen years old, they sell that information to data brokers. You pay to your driver's license, and yet they will sell that information to data brokers. And then even though you didn't think you took a picture, that picture sure is identified with all of your information name, address, height, weight, color, ad vise color of fair and suddenly you're in their database. And even if you're underage. And so what happens is you're walking down the street, somebody looks at you. That ability it's not in the future, it's actually what's happening right now. They can instantly recognize you and tell you exactly who you are, and so you could fake your way through it. Hey, Leslie, good to see you. Hey didn't I know you at didn't I meet you? In Tuscaloosa I'm pretty sure we did. Didn't we have that class together. I believe you're a psychology major. Like, it's scary how much you can do that. Imagine how creepy this is. And this is the problem we have in the United States of America. I think a fundamental right to privacy we have that is just that's part of the Fourth Amendment. To me, you have the right to be forgotten. You don't. If you enter into an operating agreement, whether you use a social media or whatever, you should be able to to break that contract. You enter into a transaction, I'll trade you by this information and then you provide me all this entertainment and stuff like where to find a cup of coffee. But you should be able to end that. But that's not what's happening. And the creepiness of being able to tell what you're doing when you're doing it through facial recognition scary. Eight hundred nine four one, Sean. We'll be back with more right after this. Stay with us. We're not done. We got more.
Speaker 4: Moreanity last state government or watch dog on Washington, Sean Hannity.
Speaker 1: Just love filling in for Sean honor and or privilege. Sean, thank you, Thank you, thank you for letting me do it. These three hours just fly by. I mean, I just so excited to talk about There were so many more things we should have talked about, but some things are more important than others. Than men and women who are serving in our armed services. They're at work tonight. They're working and it's dangerous. God bless them. I think we all care about them. And they're families. You got a family member next door to you, down your street, show them some love this holiday. All right, I'm Jason Chafitz. You can follow me at Jason in the House. It just type it in you'll find me Jason in Thethhouse dot com, Jason in the House on Twitter, her ax, and all that stuff. Thank you so much for having us the United States of America, greatest country on the face of the planet.