Speaker 1: R and B Money.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: Take BALTI.
Speaker 1: We are the authority on R and B Ladies and gentlemen. My name is Tank.
Speaker 3: This is the R and B Money Podcast, the authority on all things R and B. The South Beach edition. Yeah, when you come to South Beach, they're just you know, there's just people you gotta tap in.
Speaker 1: With, you know, the people that know the inner workings and the moments around because you might need an IV, you might need an IV. Yeah, we're gonna get to that.
Speaker 3: This brother hasn't ministered me helping get an IV. He's also threatened to do bodily harm to people who would try to bother me. And so has amazing music give it up for our brother and I love a pleasure p. So I'm having this bachelor party and Jamie Fox thinks it's a great idea to first of all, shower me with liquor. And what's the spray? That the big hydrogen spray, But is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Spray club? Whatever?
Speaker 1: That ship is the.
Speaker 3: Club spray and shots shots shot shot shot shots. So by the end of this pool day, I'm I'm on my last lung. I am dying for all intensive purposes and pleasure Piece says to me, my friend, I can bring you back to life. I have a person that will come to see you to put some additional things in your veins that'll get you back rocking said, please please send them. And these people come over. They hooked me up, put me back together, and my brother and I appreciate you for that because I was able to take a nap, get my bearings together and a ten live that night.
Speaker 1: And as they said, Pleasure P would not let the party.
Speaker 5: Stop, no way listen.
Speaker 1: Ever at his house, man.
Speaker 3: Legendary, let's let'gendary party promoter thrower just organic always has a shift. I'm just letting you know there's always some food around, some food and some liquor around for sure, and and and things for your viewing pleasure. Someone decided they wanted to, you know, bump you know. The lady out said the time and press up on us like what's up? What's happening? And we're like, really is that what we're doing? In comes pee uh, I will shoot everybody.
Speaker 1: Starting with the nigga who, Starting.
Speaker 4: With the nigga who.
Speaker 1: I will shoot everyone who's first.
Speaker 4: I said that.
Speaker 3: I said that right there that's my bigga right there. If you don't get no bigger. And we just we've just had you know, all of us. I mean we've just had that. It that that sibling relationship. Man, it ain't about music, and it's just about when when when we when we have that here, we have to announce that so people understand the nuance and the difference between certain relationships.
Speaker 5: Like you're like blood to us. Man.
Speaker 3: So so we love you and we thank you for being here.
Speaker 6: I'm happen that y'all got y'all you know, podcasts and things like that.
Speaker 4: God, they letting us, They let us work.
Speaker 3: Man, listen, you got candles, you know, I got rewind you know for hair color for men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeff Black and all the salies come on soon.
Speaker 3: We're being target you know Walmart. You know we're like about sixty thousand stores. Man, talk to me, nice, Pleasure p you have you have legendary music, legendary music. Thank you, singer, songwriter, performer, producer, all of the above. Let's let's let's go back to the beginning. Man, Because you didn't.
Speaker 5: You didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't grow up pleasure pe. Your name wasn't Pleasure p On Market. What I'm saying, the name was Market. You know, the name was Marcus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 3: You know when when did somebody say, boy ta that poor Market show got a voice on them right there?
Speaker 1: Who did that?
Speaker 6: So so it was It's crazy because like, I come from a musical family. So my mom, uh, she she she played in the band. And then my dad he used to used to be in a group with Michael Sterling called Silver Platinum. They had a record deal at Capitol Records and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So literally you come to our house and it's drums and.
Speaker 6: Keyboards and you know, in the front room, and you know, my mom having rehearsal. I'm peeking out listening and you know what I'm saying, that kind of thing. So immature came out, shouts out to Marcus Houston. Amateur them boys?
Speaker 4: Was you know what I'm saying. So I see them boys singing, I say, well, dang, you know I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 6: I want to be that, you know, so I learned I will never lie. So I'm singing it in the shower with my uncle. Hold on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Call my mom.
Speaker 6: Uh uh, hook up the microphone. Stay sing that again, sing it. About a week later I was in it. I was you know, I was putting the Talent show and I won first place singing that same song.
Speaker 5: And since then I just been what year was that? How were you then?
Speaker 4: I was nine years old? That was like nine years old.
Speaker 3: Ninety something ninety It was Zion Age winning talent show.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, first place Talent show. So yeah, that's how that's how. That's how it started pretty much, bro.
Speaker 1: But when did you When did you know?
Speaker 3: Like when did you But like, oh, I got something that I can probably you know, take serious and and and start really like investing.
Speaker 1: Some scream at that talent. Yeah, like what well, I.
Speaker 4: Think it was Uh, it was singing in school.
Speaker 6: It was just other like it was this other guy named Daniel Yerbie and we would sing in the cafeteria and one day all the girls just started going crazy and screaming and going you know what I mean that kind of thing. That's when I know I really had something. I'm gonna say then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the girls will let you know.
Speaker 6: They let us know, that's my They let us know that day that day in the Cafelty make Nickel Middle School.
Speaker 5: I never forget girls.
Speaker 3: I was singing the gospel song and and and the girls started screaming, and I was like, I don't feel like the Holy Ghost. I feel like that's in my loings like that feel like it's like they want something else from me. Hey man, Like you know, they want to touch and agree in a different different formats. You know, it's crazy, crazy, you know what I mean. We're gonna pray. There's gonna be some old guy. There's gonna be some old gods that nigga here?
Speaker 1: Man? What So when is when?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: When is a Because there's singing in school, there's you know, there's a talent show. But then there comes a moment where it's like, okay, now you're writing songs. Now you're in the studio. Now we're getting to this next level of like, you know, kind of doing what the professionals do in order to get to that place.
Speaker 5: When does that begin?
Speaker 6: So that's I think that's like seventeen seventeen years old, you know, I started really taking the music serious and you know, recording my own demo and really putting like putting things together, you know what I'm saying, Like beating on the wall, writing a song, and then actually getting you know, producing, getting it, getting in front of a keyboard and get with somebody to make the beating and you know, learning until it gets better and better and better and better.
Speaker 4: So I would say seventeen.
Speaker 5: What was your first song? He recorded?
Speaker 4: Shirty? Would you Be Mine?
Speaker 5: Shorty? Would you be Mine?
Speaker 4: Shutty? Would you Be Mine? It's on the Pretty Ricky album.
Speaker 1: It's on the Pretty Ricky Appum.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of my songs, A lot of my songs that I had before I joined Pretty Ricky made the first album because you know, we did them like from scratch.
Speaker 3: I did them from scratch, but you had already had like certain hooks and certain vers stuff that you was like, I'm telling you all this right here that I wrote back then.
Speaker 1: It's gonna translate to right now. Yeah, absolutely, how do you get into it? Pretty Ricky?
Speaker 6: So I was shopping my my demo around just around Miami to all the local like Taed Lucas's and all those people, and I stumbled across their father. They were actually a group, and they was performing at a talent show and he had a label, and I'm like, yo, well my name at the time was pretty Boy. So I'm pretty boy, man. You know my demo. He gave me his card and I remember I called him one day. He's like, come to the house. I came through that and the first song we recorded was grind on Me.
Speaker 1: That's the first song y'all recorded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, grind on Me.
Speaker 6: It was like I was I was a feature for the group of this and then once Jim Johnson came and they all came and was like, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta you gotta join.
Speaker 1: Who wrote rind on Me?
Speaker 4: All of us did me? Baby Blue spectacular slick hold on bro.
Speaker 1: You weren't even in the group.
Speaker 4: He's just.
Speaker 1: Writing the hook and singing up. Yeah, exactly, mab grind me.
Speaker 4: You wrote that hook. It took us. It took us.
Speaker 6: It took us maybe like four days to record that song because we had the engineer ourselves recording at first. Yeah, like you know what I'm saying, just just me and Baby Blue pretty much set there. Spec could be in one room sleep all right, come come, let's do your partner.
Speaker 3: You know, we all did it together. Man, Nigga, that's crazy. And you howled at this time you're still seventeen.
Speaker 4: Nah, this is what nineteen. This is nineteen. It's like nineteen.
Speaker 3: Nineteen, Yeah, nineteen Ryan on Me the first first song, damn.
Speaker 4: Eight months later we got a record deal.
Speaker 3: Did you know you had a hit when you wrote around on Me? Like, did you have that feeling? Did you just feel like we did something cool?
Speaker 4: Onto the next I had that feeling.
Speaker 6: But at the time that, you know, we didn't really understand what the sound was going to go. So they were still right because they were still rappers and we had to figure out the sound part. But it was like we would we were We would rehearse, rehearse, rehearse, rehearse to open up for somebody. That's why I never shipped on the opening act. You know what I'm saying. We rehearsed and get there. We can't put y'all loong, like damn.
Speaker 4: I rated perform sometimes.
Speaker 6: Sometimes yeah, sometimes we had to just all right, well we'll get we'll get at it on the next one or whatever.
Speaker 4: So y'all never showed on an opening act.
Speaker 6: But the guy from the radio station picked that song out of the show and played it one time, like on the night hour or whatever.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Teddy T for.
Speaker 6: Doing that and that that one, that one time or that one spin or whatever in the nighttime became the most requested song in the history of the station. So that's when everybody start coming down, and you know, it just starts spreading like wildflike yeah.
Speaker 1: So this song is getting played. Yeah, song is getting played before you'll have a record deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this song is already like yes, up and running like we were own street team. We would go outside of schools, put up our own posters. You know, we had street teams like you're on this side of town doing this, you're on that side of town. I'm in the club making sure get played one time a night over here he and this.
Speaker 4: Club making sure get played. Like it was really really hard work, you know what I'm saying about Miami. Throughout Miami. Yeah, throughout Miami. Off for Florida.
Speaker 6: So we'll start here and we'll go to Polk County and we'll go to Orlando, then we'll go to Tallahassee and you know, just we kind of put our own groundwork in and then hard.
Speaker 1: And the record is produced by Jim Johnson and Big d Yes. Yeah, so they were already with y'all.
Speaker 6: So yeah, So Jim Johnson was signed to Bluestar out that you know, they were they were partners or whatever, and we would get these beat CDs like these you know beat CDs or back. Yeah, the pack that's just sitting in the studio. So these beats are just sitting in the studio and nobody really you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No, so we start going through the CDs. Up, let's take that in. You know, he didn't even know you know what I'm saying it to, Oh, we got something.
Speaker 1: Like you just said. Initially, y'all was trying to figure out how to record yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't like y'all even went in in the beginning with the producers.
Speaker 6: Noah, No, exactly. They came on after something was you know, after they saw something. But yeah, it was us just being baby Blue in the studio pretty much.
Speaker 4: Wow. Hey, bro, I'm was a move.
Speaker 3: I'm liking the groundwork right, because that's the other part that is I think missing from from the new artist's standpoint is getting in the trenches and getting in the streets and really going to be seen and to be heard like that. Proving ground just builds a different type of artists. It creates a different type of longevity. You understand what I'm saying. It just it just builds something different that I think is needed for our Like, Like, by the time y'all got on the stage like a big stage, you had been on so many small stages and had done so many shows and done so many so much prepping groundwork, y'all was ready to go.
Speaker 6: Ready, let's go ready the drop of a dim, ready perform right now. Our audition for Craig Calvin. We was in the lowest hotel.
Speaker 4: Right here on South Beach.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. He said, well, do something for me, all right, cool bam. We grabut to forks and nize them and make them like their microphones. How we practiced at home and start ripping it right then and there and crag okay, sing sings. Let me hear your fonssettu. I sing a woman's work everything he told me to sing sing. I just did it on the spot. All right, you're in, like I said, you're in.
Speaker 4: It's it.
Speaker 6: And you would think this guy is a door man or something, you know when you first beat him, because he just got on Craig.
Speaker 4: You know it's okay, cool, So okay, we performed for this guy. All right, cool.
Speaker 6: Next thing, you know, we're getting on flights to New York. That's my it's time ever getting on the air Like, get on the airplane. We get there and then this guy, you know, manages all of this, this big as office, and people like, oh wow, this is the this is the guy.
Speaker 4: That's the guy.
Speaker 6: That's why you always got to be polite to people you never knows who.
Speaker 1: So how do you go from pretty boy to pleasure? P?
Speaker 5: Great question?
Speaker 6: So, to be honest, all of their names are different. It's like Spectacular that's his real name. Baby Blue real name is Diamond. They got another brother name Special. You know what I'm saying. So it was like a slick them. It's like, well, you know what when you when you sing, you give girls pleasure. So we're gonna call you. You know, your name will be Pleasure. I said, okay, Well the ladies could call me pleasure and the guys gonna call me Pete, so it's Pleasure Pete.
Speaker 3: So the guys, so your name, they called you Pleasure, but the guys didn't want to call you pleasure, so they just called you P for sure, Like you don't want to say lessions right, and you just you just put them both together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pusure pleasure pete pleasure pee. That's it. Great name, very arm B great.
Speaker 3: I want I want to feel good man, it's like you're gonna be tank. I was like, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: I don't do nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't know how does it work?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tank, baby, you should have been on cash money right, said I needed to name like pleasure P. You know what I'm saying. Let's let's look at what the name rivals pleasure to. You know, let's think about this ship.
Speaker 4: Tantalizing T. You get out of there.
Speaker 1: Get out of there, bro, it's over your tank?
Speaker 4: You tank?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: You roll over ship? Let me let me let me fly on this man? No, you know what I mean? Gorgeous G.
Speaker 1: Because they're gonnat want to call me gorgeous, but he called me g G.
Speaker 4: What up? Gorgeous G. It's over. It's over. They're not still fabulous.
Speaker 5: His name.
Speaker 4: Fabulous T fabulous T like.
Speaker 3: Trash, something about me doing work pleasure P my nigga. Let him have his name, bro, fuck let him have his name.
Speaker 4: Bro? Do you pleasure to pee? Or do it that? They started asking me.
Speaker 5: And it turns in conversation.
Speaker 3: Girls, it's listen, it's an easy and easy easy.
Speaker 1: What's up girl?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 4: Just gotta blue? What's up with that Pleasure P? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm right my room is the nigga trying to stay your name?
Speaker 3: Bro, nigga look up you look Pleasure P was just He's like, nigga, I just got here.
Speaker 2: On me.
Speaker 4: Or it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 1: So your first time on the plane is to go to New York. You've never been on the plane before. You've never been out of Miami.
Speaker 4: Not never been.
Speaker 1: It's crazy this. You go to Times Square, big office, all that, and you guys have signed immediately once you get to New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we signed. We signed before we even got that. Okay.
Speaker 5: Oh so you just went to New York to do the parade?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole Yeah, that whole thing.
Speaker 1: So did you guys do the whole first album in Miami or where you guys traveling?
Speaker 4: We did hear Miami, So everything was in house, Everything was in house.
Speaker 1: How does static get involved?
Speaker 6: So now we're finishing the album and they're taking us to different songwriters and you know, trying to put these people in place. And they say, oh, we got this guy. You know, he has a song and we met him. We met him right here on South Beach too. So we go to this room and this guy's playing us so sick of love songs. This guy's playing us all of these songs. This guy's name is Neo and the guys more so like I don't know about that, and you know whatever, whatever, he.
Speaker 1: Was playing those songs for y'all.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget.
Speaker 6: He got a yellow polo and we're in the hotel room, all of us, and he playing us these records he just had wrote let Me Love You and all that stuff, right like dang, you know they was kind of like, nah, we ain't.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So now we go to uh.
Speaker 6: The Slip and Slide studio and we actually recording like another version of grind on Me because they want to add extra booms and cats and you know they want to you know, they want to add to the production.
Speaker 4: So then Static pull up. Static came with.
Speaker 6: The the Kentucky chains, baggy pans and briggs and cardiers. You know what I'm saying, do this with his teeth, and he pretty much sold us on just being himself.
Speaker 4: He was just one of those it was it was a star, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He was like one of us. He was relatable, the way he talked, the way he carried hisself. And then we actually started recording our first song with him, and he actually like wrote with us.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a thing like you gotta do this.
Speaker 6: It was like kind of like how we work were right together, you know what I'm saying, So that that that kind of just fit right in and that's how we met him.
Speaker 4: Man. Wow, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: That was a match. He didn't have it absolutely.
Speaker 3: It was like like even I mean for the group for sure, but.
Speaker 5: For you. Yeah, to me, you two were.
Speaker 3: A match made and happened for sure because I just felt like I just felt like vocally and even idea wise, y'all were just on the same page. It's like I always say, like certain writers and even even certain choreographers, like there's there's a design for somebody.
Speaker 1: Like remember row Rod with a Marion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Roro had choreographed for many of people here, choreo for me for everybody, But when he choreographed for Marion, it was like, uh, they're they're locked in and when you got a static, it was it was everything made so much sense for you. It was like y'all were all ya, y'all were already there, like y'all were just waiting to meet each other.
Speaker 1: That's a certain wine, certain one, certain tone everybody can't pull off.
Speaker 3: They're sweat and then there's you, and it's like and it's like you're one of the rare artists that you sound like your record. He gonna let you know, let.
Speaker 1: You know that You're gonna let you know it sounds like myself. I sound like myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so your first hit record, what's the first hit record?
Speaker 1: On me?
Speaker 3: Your first hit record, first hit record? And then what happens when you get your first hit record when you finally realize you have a hit record?
Speaker 6: For me, personally, we worked so much so we didn't get to really take that in and enjoy.
Speaker 4: We're on four flights a day, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You have to touch people and see radio people, and you had to do the groundwork, you know what I mean. So the amount of time we put in that it just it just seemed like another day. I ain't ready to get to enjoy none of that gonna take it in and be.
Speaker 4: Like, you know what, I finally you know never you I made it moment never.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can speak on when I felt like I saw you guys kind of enjoying yourselves. I came down to Miami. It's my first time meeting y'all. I came in the backstage. Things might have been a Scream tour, okay, And I came backstage and I met y'all for the first time.
Speaker 4: Were just chopping up and we gotta get in and yeah, we do. Gotta get in, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking to all y'all, and then y'all come out on stage and I'm like, okay, and it's just crazy. And then I'm like, Okay, these niggas is in their draws, Okay, okay, all right, okay, y'all was some nasty.
Speaker 1: They was looking at them.
Speaker 4: Girls was losing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm talking about the Scream tour. They were screaming. They were I didn't know I had it same experience because in the bay obviously on that tour, Mario was on that Mario was on that run O Marion, Marion was doing I'm trying to Mario was doing how could you So I'm in there obviously, Uh, Marcus Hughtons, Marcus Houston is doing naked you know what I'm saying, Old Mario. Oh so it's just records that we all have been a part of it. I'm there, all my nieces. I don't know who they are. I've never heard of pretty Ricky. The lights go low. All I see is the spotlights and these niggas humping the stage with with the sheet on. I'm like, no, bro, this is no I got. I got my nieces with you all. Y'all get up. We're going to get some motherfucking chips and ship by these little niggas before because I want to.
Speaker 3: Kill one of these little niggas right now, twinzlers, right now, everybody, I got my nieces and all their friends.
Speaker 1: That was mannish as they like to say, what beyond like who came up with with with those ideas to put y'all those face because y'all was wearing different type of clothes. Y'all was out there with sparkles joints on. You know what I mean, y'all coming on stage in your draws under a sheet like the mind for that, well, y'all part of that was this something that was just like kind of like told to y'all, like, Okay, this is.
Speaker 4: What we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna say, stop sucking up, Jacob. Well, I'm gonna say that's a part of the Miami culture. Miami culture is like the way we dance, the way you know, a lot of us was in dance groups and stuff before they used to dance, you know, against each other, booty shaking and all of that same nigga boots shaking to kill you though, you know what I'm saying. So that's just I'm pretty sure the Bay y'all got y'all, Uncle Luke created that kind of thing. So when we got in a position to do it, I mean, should we been doing it before the world seeing it on you know, on the screen tour, it's just it's it's some Miami ship.
Speaker 4: That's how.
Speaker 1: So y'all just brought what y'all were already doing, yeah in Miami, to the world.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, before they know us, we were we were the glitter boys. We always wore stuff. That was the first name just that that well, niggas from Miami like pit Bull or tricked out of them glitter niggas, the glitter boys.
Speaker 4: We'll be at all their videos, sho you know in the videos. You know what I'm saying, full glitter fits. On the full glitter fits.
Speaker 6: You're gonna remember us because when we leave the room, it's gonna be good on the floor ship like that.
Speaker 5: It's like for genuine.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 6: I remember going to Michaels and Ship getting the glue, painting the characters and all of that, putting the glitter on it.
Speaker 4: Let you know what I'm saying, sit out, putting them.
Speaker 6: You know, painting clothes, and we did all of that star stuff star ship.
Speaker 1: We talk about this all the time time. You niggas were stars because like you said, when we left, they knew we was there. They knew we had been there. And someone has to know that you've been somewhere. If you if a nigga be like, oh yeah, I think I think I met him, you gotta figure something else out. You gotta figure something else out for sure, nigga. You got to be the glitter boys. You gotta be the fuck glitter boys, because now you're part of the conversation. Ye, And that's how stars are born. So that's why I really wanted to know, like where did where did that that that come from? And you're saying it it's just a Miami thing.
Speaker 4: Some Miami ship, yep, for real.
Speaker 3: The other part is like you're in a group. You're in a group for you guys. You're also signed to a production company, to a label who also has their partnership. How was how was doing the business the business of a group? Because I've always been a soul artist. I was in a group for a second, but that business didn't go with it.
Speaker 4: Well, how the business was?
Speaker 6: We split everything equally, you know, nobody we split everything equally.
Speaker 4: You know. And that was that, you know what I say.
Speaker 6: And all of our money is in one part, and anybody want to move their money or whatever, but he gonna take care of us and make sure our money is straight, you know, because if we get it right now, we're gonna just blow through it and stuff like that. And he was a successful, you know, ex dope boy and stuff like that. So we lived in a nice house and all of that kind of stuff. And you know, we work so much, we have time to really spend money or whatever. Until certain things took place and it was like, you know what I'm gonna need my money.
Speaker 4: Bro. I got a son over here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I got my own family, and shit, I want to kind of move and get my own crib. Nigga, you ain't getting nothing, you ain't doing nothing, you know what I'm saying. He pretty much say I own you, bro, and I say, how I'm young and dumb, like how you know the contract you signed?
Speaker 4: Like you told us that we had to sign that for you know.
Speaker 6: He basically he was like, y'all gotta sign this contract for, you know, because atlantic.
Speaker 4: Otherwise I wouldn't even be making y'all sign no contract.
Speaker 6: But so we all signed at the same time together like whatever, you know, you got us say we thankful to be here, like you know what I'm saying. And then when he told me that he owned me, and I was like, well, he was like, I spend all the money doing this and this and that and that, you know, promoting y'all album and this, this and that. So me not understanding. Still, I'm like, well, you know, young jeez, got a solo deal, won't want you know, I'm asking him, how about how about I get a solo deal so I can get some money, he said, Nigga, I own you, I said, but I only signed a contract to be in a group.
Speaker 4: And that's when that's when all hell broke loose.
Speaker 6: So I flew to New York, got my own lawyer, got my own manager, and it started really like dissecting the business, like, Okay, what's what he give back? An item min's list, stuf that said that that candle that's lit, this microphone standing this pillow. He have all these kind of things from his house, saying that that's what my money went to. Bro And after that, I wasn't I wasn't happy. So I ended up leaving in the middle of a successful album.
Speaker 1: So at this point, you have no before this, you have no lawyer, you have no nobody else.
Speaker 6: His lawyer was his lawyer was our lawyer. So I could have you know, I could have won. You know, it was a conflict adventures anyways, I could have won. I could have I could have really damaged and drained them. But I was making so much money on my own.
Speaker 1: You know, are you making money from the shows or is everything going.
Speaker 4: To a pot? No, everything going to the to his part.
Speaker 1: Even when y'all was doing y'all shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even yeah, even was on our show.
Speaker 1: So at this point, do you even know what you're making per show?
Speaker 4: Even tho? No, No, I don't even know. Bro.
Speaker 1: Y'all just doing the work.
Speaker 4: We're just doing the work. We just doing everything is being paid for.
Speaker 1: So y'all not worried about that because you said y'all got the house, y'all got all this other stuff set up, even.
Speaker 4: Rolled so much.
Speaker 6: You know, we come home one day, two days at the most out of a month, you know what. So yeah, it's just work time. We come home, all right, everything taking care of for us. So yeah, until nigga really wants something, you're like, bro, he would he would literally give.
Speaker 4: Us our day to take to take a car to take.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: We had a blue Bentley you know what is that Bentley coop? He had one of those, and it came out. You get your day to take the car after you're like brothers swapping it out. Yeah, like you know, but he imagine being on the date. You you you're a superstar, you you you pleasure people pretty good, and you're on a date and niggas say come home now and you gotta do it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Come home, come home, all right, I gotta go to bring bring the car back.
Speaker 4: It was it was the control.
Speaker 6: Like you know what I'm saying, Imagine doing all the work and and everything, you finally want to come home and kick it with your friends. I don't pen around these niggas for them there a month straight. I want to kick it with my with the homies that you grew up with. Yeah, oh, now you can't do that. After while, you get tired of being told you can't, you can't, you can't, you can't. So I just, you know, I kind of rebelled on them, like, nah, bro, you know, I was my own ship. And then that's when you know, everything came to.
Speaker 1: Life and you're a nineteen year old, twenty year old kid.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty years Yeah, you just you.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're grown man at this point, but you still you're still coming out of adolescents. Yeah, and this is the first thing that you're experiencing. Yeah, yeah, exactly, because I always ask like what you buy? Obviously, nigga, you didn't buy nothing.
Speaker 4: Because you get you get none, get nothing, nothing.
Speaker 1: Deal done whole shit? Have you done a publishing deal anything yet? Or was all that wrapped into that.
Speaker 6: Deal, wrapped into that one deal. So when my lawyer told me that I can get a I got an. I took an advance out of my be on my right ship shouts out the ward heell and and Kathy. Yeah, yeah, fifty thousand dollars. That's my first check I ever got from the music business.
Speaker 1: You know, you already got hit records out though. Yeah, this band on me out your Body because we didn't get into the records.
Speaker 4: It's the first album. So it's the first album.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so grounding Me, Your Body, Juicy, all them songs, all the work is done. At this point, we about to transition into the second album, and I moved out, you know, with that fifty grand I ain't never I ain't never go back to that house.
Speaker 1: You moved out between the first and the second album, Okay, okay, got my own apartment with one of my homeboys.
Speaker 6: You know, we would have on it, and I told him I still be in a group. I just don't want to live, you know, living live in the same house. So then during that time, now he had to pay me. He had this other manager or whatever, and I have Jimmy Nchman was my manager, so I had him and you know, it'll be late payments, you know what I'm saying for shows, you know, stuff like that. And there was just so much animosity between what he will be telling them versus I'm telling them, this is what's this is what's up with this?
Speaker 4: This their dad? So they finally it hard to believe what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty much on ice cube if this was n w A, you know what I'm saying. And yeah, the Late Night Special album we recorded it, and I went out to promote on the hot Line and those couple of records, and I was like, I'm not doing this shit no more, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying. And they went solo. I went solo.
Speaker 6: They got it, They replaced me with another member, and I just got to work, you know what I'm saying. That's when I started putting out that I did you wrong. I did get you at replies I did. That's vibe with Yogay all my street hits rock bottom with Lil Wayne. I'm around Lil Wayne every day. They want to sign me the young money, but I'm tied up into the contract with this guy.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He trying to make it hard for me for anything that I do in terms of features and business. Like Birdman wanted me on a song called BOSSI on this album. I did the hook. He said, Yo, how much you want to want for this? The man told him I want one fifty my make up say no unless they're gonna give it to me. Shit like that. So there's a lot of songs that I was supposed to be on. Please excuse my hands. My background is still on that record, you know what I'm saying, cause I recorded it, you know.
Speaker 4: Shit like that.
Speaker 6: Certain certain things I was supposed to do, they were they were kind of just taking from me.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that was a tough time. But I had my.
Speaker 6: Mixtape out and those songs is bubbling and I'm finding the streets getting money. I'm getting money now, I'm getting twelve five a show and I'm getting compared to what you know what I'm saying. So I was getting I'm really getting money every So I was like, well, I don't care, I just put another mixtape song.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I never drop an album, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And Craig them was like, man, So during our lawsuit, he tried to depose.
Speaker 4: Julie Greenwall, which was a bad move on his part.
Speaker 6: What he yeah, exactly after they gave him all that money, he did that, and then ship, did you wrong?
Speaker 4: You know, I went to radio digit wrong? Did you wrong? It is top twenty. So right now they don't know if they're gonna be atlant it gonna pick me up or not.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's like, oh, you don't have no deal as a solo artist at this point, I don't know. This is your mixtape? Did you wrong? It's on your mixtape?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is this is me? That's my word shit.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, so then it's top twenty. Then Craig them finally says, okay, we're in. We're in the pleasure be business. And then you know they took that to like number two, and I signed that contract for that and my solo shit and basically.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget it. Baby.
Speaker 6: Blueting was going around saying, oh, well he's still signing to us, so you know the same shit easy he was doing the Ice QB. And for me, my ego is intact like nah, nigga, I wrote this record the top twenty. You know, y'all niggas had nothing to do with that. So you know, it was a thing to where his imprint would be on my album. If you know what I'm saying, why is this imprint on the on the charts? I ain't signing him, you know whatever?
Speaker 1: Whatever, Because Atlantic ultimately had to do a deal where he had probably had an override on your new project and so that he would allow them to do your solo album. So that's how you in a sense ended up at Atlantic still.
Speaker 6: Right, So I said, you know what, man that you know, I'm thankful for everything he did for me. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be where I'm at right now. So I gave him five hundred thousand dollars. Go your way, I go my way.
Speaker 4: And that was it, bro, you know what I'm saying. That was it. Yeah. I never had to go to court after that.
Speaker 6: We never we never had to go to court. But I could have. You know, I had the money, you know I'm saying I have. I had the money to bury this guy.
Speaker 4: But I just forget.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm unforgiving, bro, I'm a forgiving person, you know what I'm saying. So I just kind of looked at the futures like, you know what, I'm doing this and doing that.
Speaker 4: You can keep that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, brought your way out, my.
Speaker 4: Way out of that, Yeah for sure, ship listen it.
Speaker 1: So people don't understand about the music business too though, Like you you really have to. You gotta read that contract, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Why I wouldn't they brought myself out? Started off in debt. Put it like that, started off in debt Atlantic.
Speaker 1: You know, because they needed theirs back.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I started off in debt, some million dollars in debt before my I don't even my first album even come out.
Speaker 1: Come on speak on that because that's the that's the that's the business side of this. That is the business side of this. Yeah. Where now you have Now you have this debt that you like you said, you're starting off before anything because you had to get that half a millionaire and then obviously whatever the budget is or whatever the advance is from Atlantic for your new for your new solo project, right, that's what you in.
Speaker 4: The red on that.
Speaker 1: I'm red that's before you ever even record a song.
Speaker 4: Well, I had did you wrong out? So did you wrong?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about as far as you're so.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah for sure, Yeah, Yah yeah for sure. Wow.
Speaker 1: But you wrote did you wrong too?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That record with.
Speaker 6: Lutis Charles and Danny Danny Boy, they did the beat to that record and I wrote one hundred percent of that record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still singing that record is this day, Still singing that record day.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So now that's a hood when you get that and you got your you know what I mean, you didn't. Now you're starting to see some breads. What's the first thing you buy? The first thing that you bought for yourself, like, you know what, I need this if it's a if it's a car. So I like how I was like, what did you feel?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is this is something I've always wanted and I needed.
Speaker 6: The first thing I bought was a condo. Okay, So the first thing I bought was a condo in Aventur. Second thing I bought a car, Third thing jewelry, got the got the shine on.
Speaker 4: And then fourth thing I ended up moving to l A Hmm, you got on? Yeah, I said.
Speaker 6: We took over because you know I have I have a partner with Brian McKinney. We started our labor entertainment at the time. So you know, I don't maximize Miami.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, we need to go to the West coast. And is he still playing football at that time? Yeah, he was still playing at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he blewing money fast at this time.
Speaker 1: But he just loved the music business.
Speaker 6: I just loved the music business. So he like, he was a big help for me getting out of that situation because if I ain't had no money, he helped a lot of people. He gave me seventy thousand dollars to pay for that lawyer.
Speaker 4: Bro. Wow, wow, you know what I'm saying. Just the next day it was there paid the lawyer.
Speaker 6: Now, now I got a chance to fight this guy to be become free, you know what I'm saying. So shouts out to Brian McKinney for that too. But I ended up moving to la and I would come to that like, well for three weeks at the time, I'll spend three weeks here, but spend three weeks there to just.
Speaker 4: Try to figure it out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I'm in the middle of recording the introduction of Marcus Cooper.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: We actually recorded it around the corner like right here on South Beach, but I don't know. I ran into you somewhere and I was like, you know what, let's let's work and we ended up.
Speaker 4: I ended I come to that la.
Speaker 5: To work with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I came.
Speaker 5: I can't remember what studio that was.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 5: I can see it. I can't remember what.
Speaker 3: Studio it was, but I was like, oh, I got I got, I got something for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was it was Was it west not West Lake? It was It was a nice studio with a fireplace in in.
Speaker 4: The middle studios I can see that big.
Speaker 6: It was Chris Brown. It used to be there with us.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a record plant.
Speaker 4: Wasn't.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: It was like in the valley, in the valley like it's nice though, bro.
Speaker 5: It was think about that too. Was it wasn't Glenwood?
Speaker 4: Was it Glenwood Place?
Speaker 1: Glenwood that is has it in the middle of it has the fireplace room?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Yeah, my guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I was like, I was like, I gotta he got a false.
Speaker 3: They got a false. If you got a false, we're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember when you.
Speaker 5: Finished that record.
Speaker 3: I knew you could I knew you could sing, but I think you even surprised me. I think you surprised everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we were all used to him singing hooks. He was a hook guy. He was a hook guy for the group, right, and that's what it was. So nobody really got a chance to fully hear full records.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Everybody met immediately, he said, what what did you guys? I said, bro, that nigga can sing. He said, dang, he sounds fucking amazing. I said that he can sing. It's not a guestimation. Estimation, he can sing. Grammy nominated. I was, And that was like my introduction to understanding you as as an artist and a professional, because like you're going to get in that booth and deliver one hundred percent. We've done many a record, many many a fire record that take you a good thirty forty minutes to knockout. He get busy, nigga, get busy done, Gotta manage you, nigga. I got the part. I got a part about I take it.
Speaker 5: I got.
Speaker 1: That part to you normal, but I got I got out. So when you have your your solo success. Now you know the introduction, and you got these hit records, you got the Boyfriend number two.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like it takes off.
Speaker 1: How does that feel?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: That's when I first Now, this is when I'm able to enjoy you.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying now that this is my moment of Now, damn, this is how it feels. I'm living in Beverly Hills, house on the hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember I'm talking about with the dripping.
Speaker 4: Now I'm talking about it, talking about it.
Speaker 1: Talk your ship. I'm around, I'm around.
Speaker 4: You know, Hollywood.
Speaker 3: You kept them on you too, You kept You're like yeah that that that that see yeah, and he going out to dinner.
Speaker 1: You know, it's all up.
Speaker 6: We're in dinner on we on party buses, going to clubs. You know it's thirty forty people this party, party, party, party.
Speaker 4: Man. It was.
Speaker 6: That was my way of enjoying it and then bringing young Black Hollywood together. I was like, Yo, these these older guys back and like, you know, they can't come kick it.
Speaker 4: And you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying, So all of young Black Hollywood just started inviting them to parties.
Speaker 4: And ship like that. Before you know it, it's just us at the parties. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I kind of like fanned out one day when I was I was matter of fact, think it was your party. I threw you a party. You and Tyres's birthday party at my crib. And I looked downstairs and Snoop Dogg was Snoop.
Speaker 4: Snoop Dogs. Yes, Chris and them, they're like brothers. Like you know what I'm saying, I don't.
Speaker 6: We don't look at I don't look at Chris Brown like Chris Brown like you know what I'm saying, I don't look at like like they together, my guys.
Speaker 4: But that's like Snooping, right, you didn't know stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Snoopy is fucking Snoop Snoop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he coolst in my living room partying like yeah, I made a nigga.
Speaker 4: I made it.
Speaker 3: But you're doing music and you're also like you're doing other businesses too, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had the exacty cause they got a lot.
Speaker 3: It was like some cause when you get down and let me need some cars and if you need some jet skis, I got jet skis too.
Speaker 4: What hey, bro, you really was hustle man too. Gotta what made you?
Speaker 1: What made you put yourself in that space of like, you know what? Because this is this is the thing man, and and people some people look at it different, but I look at this as a as a skill set. You were a concierge as well. You know what I'm saying, Like you literally could call p and he figure it out. I need oh oh yeah, no, I got the tip of it and I'm gonna go get that and yeah yeah, and then they gonna get the driver. Then they gonna send him over there.
Speaker 5: Did we go?
Speaker 1: It's like, pee, how do you know all this? And people moved on. I just even know them, but they moved Yeah. And that was That was a really cool thing to me because I wasn't used to seeing artists be that way because artists are usually like I keep all the plugs to myself. Oh I know the guy at the casino I can get this is my you know what I'm saying. Or I know the guy that they get the sweets at this hotel where I know the player price on the on the exotic cars. You was like, nah, no, this for all of us. That was my first time seeing somebody get a ivy. I'm going, don't let them put that shit in your arm because you gotta think though, I'm not a partier. I don't drink, I don't smoke. You know what I'm saying like that, You know what I'm saying, Like obviously I've done it something in my life. You know what I'm saying. But I'm not. I'm not that guy that I've never been faded. I've never you know what I'm saying to that point where it's like I need somebody to bring me back to life. So I'm thinking to myself, man, what the fuck aout they about to give you a shot? I needed my life, Nigga. I was half and I watched it happen. I was like, oh, ship, And I'm thinking, so, how does pe know the nurses? He just got nurses that pull up with the little bag now you know what I mean? Now, I get the vitamin drips and ship.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean now. But he was already on it.
Speaker 1: He was already on it.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: I didn't know nothing about that ship, grown ass man. I knew nothing about none of that ship.
Speaker 4: Don't let them do that to day. Don't you do that?
Speaker 1: Already said you're on steroids, my.
Speaker 6: Boy, my boy float actually the one that put me on man Vegas. We will be in Vegas all this ship. Yeah, he'd be like, he'd be like, how the fuck this motherfucker still partying the next day? How the fuck they're out partying us and we're like, you know, we in the room dying, beat dying.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Everybody, you know we starting our dad. Damn, that's six o'clock and ship like that. You know we figured it out.
Speaker 6: Okay, white white boy, Hey man, this this is how you know, put us on on to that. You know what I'm saying, Try to limit and work.
Speaker 4: I can run through the water next that. Oh this this is where it is.
Speaker 1: Vitamins right to the blood. Live cooking that night cooking.
Speaker 4: Had a good ass time.
Speaker 6: But and and to answer your other question in terms of on the on the hustling side of things, you know, for me, I grew up sharing clothes with my friends or if you ain't got it, you know what I'm saying, But we I'll give you my last if I don't need it, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's just how I grew up with my friends. So you know, for me, it's like you need every day money, you need weekly money, you need monthly money, you need yearly money.
Speaker 4: So whatever I can do.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying in terms of if it if it's a car rental business, if it's just that's every day money. You know what I'm saying, music business, ship, we do our shows, that's weekend money.
Speaker 4: You you know what I'm saying. Real estate shit, that's the monthly money. You know, just ship like that. So I just kind of got my mind wired just you know, just from that perspective. Bro.
Speaker 1: Now I love that, bro, and you are absolutely shut off my back type of human being. Bro, I've seen it. I've seen you like just look out for people. And that's that's also why you've always succeeded at every time, you know what I mean, Like at every time it's like you we don't see each other all the time. When we do see each other, I'm like, Okay, they go pee, he got that going on, he got this going on, he got you know what I'm saying. Like, and it's people that fuck with you that will always reach back or reach over and say, hey, come on, pee.
Speaker 3: Yeah do this I'm always willing. I mean I speak for you as well. We're always willing to be of service. Like there's never a time you can call them be like this, Nigga, can you put himself?
Speaker 5: Can you use it? And thing's gonna be like no, he's like this. We on the way.
Speaker 3: Facts just did it on nig We be backing you, hey, nigga, when you're gonna put this music out. We've been doing like we've been. We be on you like like Nigga, come on, man, like you you got the ship, let's go, let's do it. We be pushing you right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's to the point too, bro, Like you know we've we've had we've had so many dealings and runnings with each other and just all these positive things bro to the point of like obviously the under record, right, yeah, great thing. But then even moving to me calling you and saying I got this song. Oh man, I got this song. I'm managing this. This this young boy out the bay they records cracking, all these people are doing their versions of it. I want you to come do the R and B version with me, And it was no, it wasn't even no question with you It wasn't even like ah yeah yeah. When I he was like, all my wife facts. We got to it immediately, do the up R and B remixed, talk about it. Bro that ship to this day. And it started off to this day, it started off with just me and you. Yeah, that record started off with just me and you. People don't know that that there was. This was the heavy Twitter days. I remember I put it up and I put it up with an open verse, purposely, purposely.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm just gonna put it out.
Speaker 1: You know. The niggas that grab it, you know what I mean, If they want to be a part of the record, cool, cool cool, But I'm gonna do it with me and P. And it wasn't until I went to Vegas and I told her when I know when I when I did my episode. I went to Vegas, Chris, here's the record. Nigga like, I'm coming do the ship tomorrow. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, and I'll never forget. I played the record. You're like, no, no, no, I'm doing my verse again. I said, no, pe Pete. He's like, no, no, no, Chris on that motherfucker he's doing I'm doing my verse. I said, Pe, this ship is this This record is amazing. Yeah, like this ship is gonna go like Nigga, this is out of here with a call out, it's out of.
Speaker 4: Here, ladies.
Speaker 1: This sho song from Miami to the Bank to the Bank, Nigga. That's that's that's estern history now, Yeah, for sure that's esteron history, bro.
Speaker 6: But to see how big the record is, like, you know, I perform it right every show. Yeah, see how big like this to go around to I don't I don't know what I mean. I'll be in being c markets. You know, I'm well where Matil got hung at whatever the city that is, Ladies, dish your song from Miami to the Bay going up.
Speaker 1: People send me videos from France from the place I like, you know me, I'm not a traveler, so place I ain't never even been. I'll be seeing the videos and they'll be sending me up.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this is crazy, it's crazy. This is great.
Speaker 1: Shout out to our brother Love Rance. Yeah come, you know what I'm saying. Like, but the fact that you just came and did that on the Love, it was just like, bro, like think I'm with you. So it made sense that when it was your turn to get on that versus let's get to that vers Let's get to that versus, let's pull up. I had no intentions on performing or doing anything. I'm just like my brothers is performing all y'all on that show. O Marion A hit Tank already, ohad hit Tank. So we had to go and then nigga, my phone light up.
Speaker 4: I knew what it was too.
Speaker 1: Was I saying your name? I said, all this, motherfucker, he gonna tell me I gotta come perform this song At that point, Bro, I hadn't because this is before we do slow anything. I had sang live anywhere anything probably damn to ten years. Yeah, Anute, I had not been on the stage, performed or doing that type probably about ten years, like for real. And I'm knowing what versus is. And I'm knowing because I'm the nigga in the comments on everybody else versus talking shit something like oh now now I'm wanted the niggas they gonna be talking shit about. Give us this scene from your lens, Jesus Christ, of that night and where we had not to No, kid, what's at the at the Novo Downtown La gang Banger Central, Man, It's all the gang members from the last thirty forty years look.
Speaker 5: Like no R and B backstage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't don't.
Speaker 1: Tell us about that night man. From your perspective.
Speaker 6: From my perspective, we never got a sound check of nothing, right, Okay, we go start there, so we get the call, okay with the dude versus all right, cool, were flying there over, it's time for sound check. No sound check, no sound checking, little sound check, right, So we finally walk on the stage. Right, these niggas got dancers.
Speaker 4: A band, they got all kind of shit going, and we're like, well, we only came with the DJ. I thought this, that's what this was about.
Speaker 6: So then that's when it became my competitive you know what I'm saying, Like, oh, these niggas trying to pull on you know what I'm saying. And then, like you said, we never got the mic check or whatever the or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: So Mario brought a sound man and he stood out. He's an incredible singer.
Speaker 6: But you know, I just wish everybody would have had the same you know, the same uh, the same rollout, you know what I'm saying, And you know, I just wish that everybody could have shined the way that we know that everybody can you know, the way that we know everybody should have shined. But for me, I mean that's just how I seen it. I seen it as it wasn't. It wasn't one hundred percent fair, But you gotta work with what you got. So hey, I got I got a lot of his.
Speaker 1: It got aggressive, yeah, yeah, aggressive, aggressive side of it though.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think that there was too much liquor?
Speaker 4: Nah? I think it was. See that's the thing about me.
Speaker 6: They think I turn up right now as common as I am right now as somebody walked into something happened, I'll turn up right now.
Speaker 4: Just it don't. It got nothing to do with no liquor, you know what I'm saying. I just think that it wasn't fair. Bro, it wasn't fair.
Speaker 1: And they weren't on yet though, right because for you, Yeah, Mario and Mario and Mario weren't on yet.
Speaker 4: I'm talking.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about what I'm talking about with them with with my set, within our set, the Niggas came with a whole band who had a band and.
Speaker 4: And and dancers and all kind of ship raggie dancers. Yeah, they had like a whole production.
Speaker 3: Remember j Is he was walking back and forth across the stage. He did it at least sixty two times, and I was like, where the fuck is Rajie going? Where does Jie keep on?
Speaker 4: Because we because we ain't see the set. We ain't see I didn't see the settings. I walked on.
Speaker 1: Nobody else was walking across. You didn't see the team you walked on?
Speaker 6: Yes and nothing and yeah, no sound. I ain't literally just walked on the stage, and it's like here we go, nigga. We got to dances, and we got damn nigga. You know what I'm saying, I'm I'm hot now.
Speaker 4: And then and then.
Speaker 6: They like skipped the skipped the song or turn or something like that, trying to play. I was like, y'all ain't gonna sit up here and play, you know what I'm saying, Like, no, bro, And that's just how I felt about it, and then formed the group. Yeah, we're friends, we're friends, but it's it's competitive right now. It's like we're playing basketball. We shipped talking basketball, we ship talking football. We shipp talking R and B too.
Speaker 5: Like I was like, somebody's gonna fight.
Speaker 4: And we got the most views too.
Speaker 3: Though, people asking me, and I was like this, listen, you can look at it one of two ways, right. You can look at it as you know, the aggressive side of it and the competitive side of it kind of overshadowed you know what these guys are capable of musically, I said, Or you can look at it as like that many people tuned in, that many people are now streaming their songs, that many people are now going to pull up to their shows. And I said, that's the win, because when you go into a versus space like the verses was more so kind of created in rap format. Sure wasn't totally designed for R and B guys, So R and B almost had to figure out a way to be seen, you know what I'm saying, to to have interaction in that space, and you guys organically did it.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Wasn't trying to be anything. Y'all was just really then people didn't know that. People didn't know that no niggas is.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's the confusing part for most of the public, is not realizing that the artists that you see, no matter what genre of music they're doing, we actually all come from the same place. We come from the same neighborhood. One just chose to rap about it and the other chose to sing about it our hoop or whatever. But we all literally come from this same places. So we're gonna react. We're going to react, you know what I mean? I just think that, Oh well, y'all s you know you sing love songs. I'm like, listen, man, I've been to music ban it's a long time. I've seen more R and B niggas fire on somebody than anything. Than anything, I won't even just say that, than rappers. I've seen more R and B niggas get off than any other genre of music.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but for some reason, who's we thought about the whispers?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the whispers they weren't playing, whispers wasn't playing, had them things on them?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That sound check and what I don't wait.
Speaker 4: To the show.
Speaker 1: What I mean, you don't think the temptations to whoop your ass, we're shooting. You'll think, oh, this is stump you out, stump you out your niggas, worry about David Robin, David, Oh this Ben and put your ass in the choke hold man but it's just it's just interesting how that, you know what I mean. I think Versus kind of put a spotlight on that side of it of like, Okay, well you know he's still.
Speaker 4: Young black men out here. Don't play with them, you know what I mean? They could go left on you now cold.
Speaker 5: Now what's the business right now? Pete? What's what is? What is? What is the movement?
Speaker 4: Right now? You what I'm doing right now? Well, I got like six albums recorded.
Speaker 1: You're gonna record, I record? You know what.
Speaker 4: I don't believe in waste the music.
Speaker 6: Okay, So if it ain't gonna get put out the right way, okay, I'm gonna just hold off into you know. You know, it's a lot of people to say they're gonna do stuff. We're gonna do this, we're gonna do this, we're gonna do that, and it never happens. So I'm just to a point to where I'm about to just you know, I gotta kick.
Speaker 4: The door down.
Speaker 3: Brother's always R and B money, man, I got to kick the door down. It's always your brothers, man. It's always the people who actually show up for you every time. For sure, every time you you you are not without my brother at all by any means. Yeah, it's your world now for sure. For sure I would love.
Speaker 6: Here and then and then it's and then it's and then it's also figuring out this new this new thing, you know, all these fake streams and all like that. You know, it's it's different than you know, having relationships at radio and getting your record play at radio and then going to touch the people.
Speaker 4: And it's so much it's different now, So to figure that out that's the hard part.
Speaker 5: Adapting.
Speaker 3: That's not it's not for new artists. There is, you know, the different the conversation that involves a lot of that. But you've been able to build an audience like you've been able to build, you know, a venue full of real people.
Speaker 5: That's that's all that matters, right.
Speaker 3: Because you can They can manipulate streaming numbers, they can manipulate YouTube numbers, they can do all that and only two hundred people pull up. That's when you know, ain't no, ain't no true connection. You've had a true connection with the people who are now waiting to be reconnected to you. And that's not rocket science. That's you showing up with that shit, and that's putting it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, like I said, for me, yeah, it come to the shows, so we know proof that these people out there After the shows, I said, let me look at see how many new followers I gained.
Speaker 4: And it just stays the same, you know what I mean? Like, bro, it stays ain't like something wrong with this?
Speaker 5: No, no, something Bro?
Speaker 1: We are I look at I look at my Instagram and do the same thing.
Speaker 4: That ain't it. It ain't that, ain't it. I can tell you.
Speaker 3: Listen, there are artists that thousands of people show up to see that are sitting on fifty thousand Instagram followers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our money in in that box, Our money is in those streets.
Speaker 6: We get in to conditions I should get back to. How do you get back to connecting with the streets again.
Speaker 5: It's really really simple.
Speaker 4: Your road to.
Speaker 1: Listen, the road and the radio.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's it, that's it.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 1: They are still they are still doing love that the radio is still doing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Come meet, come pull up and see they're still doing that. Because most of the artists in this space now too, they they don't want to meet the people for some odd reason. I don't know what that's about. Like, how could you not want to meet your fans? How could you not want to embrace and have conversations with your fans? And you know what I mean, Like that's always been a part of you know how this thing goes for somebody to tell you, oh the experience they have from your record or oh when you wrote that one song and all that like that that how could you not want that? How could you not want that real interaction with the people who have given you.
Speaker 4: This life everything?
Speaker 5: And you do that.
Speaker 4: I do that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's how you So now it's just about servicing your artists, your audience, and that part is don't hold on to the music. And I'm speaking from my own experience now moving back into the artist space and me and Tank having those conversations where you're like, bro, like, let the people have the music, let the people hear the music. Like it will never be what it was. The music business has changed absolutely, But what it does is it keeps you current, It keeps you fresh into space because there are people who are waiting for new music, are waiting to hear something that you're doing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: They love what you've done absolutely, but they supporting that and they you know what I mean, And they gonna tell a friend in this. But if you stay consistent at it, because that is the one thing that the music business has changed in When Lil Wayne and Chris Brown Trey Songs decided to just start unleashing, going all the music, take all of the music. Everything I'm recording on Wednesday, you getting on Friday. They just it became a fucking what do you call that? When the snow just builds up an avalanche of music and they rolled over everything and really became superstars off of things that years before, or Michael Jackson was giving you every two years, every three every this artist is giving every two every It was even crazy for person to give you an album every year. Now it's like, yo, I'm giving you these albums quarterly.
Speaker 5: Rap two albums in the same year. We was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Three albums in eighteen months, right, it's crazy like that. Yeah, yeah, but now the consistency is now the new currency. Yeah, and with you having six of them, come on, bro, you got you're to be flooding this thing till thirty What what you need man? Flooding this thing? Ship?
Speaker 4: Man? Now, I've just been planning, Bro, you know, I wanted to be right, you know what I'm saying, And I want and I wanted to be consistent, and yeah, you know what I'm saying, it's there.
Speaker 1: These people want it that, they want that news got.
Speaker 4: A piece of mind, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, some songs like that.
Speaker 6: Yes, come on, man, you're telling me it's like now it's it's like sometimes music is ahead of his time.
Speaker 4: Static. I had a lot of songs like that. I feel like I have that, Like they would be like where the R and B? Can we missing this? I got it right here, you know what I'm saying. I sat on my note. Now it's time to put it out. She got you what you got? It sounds dreamy.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: People want to talk to you. They want to know what they want to know. They want to know, Hey, don't you be.
Speaker 2: Top five?
Speaker 4: The top fan? My top five? Top five?
Speaker 1: Your tops are the singers boring these songs?
Speaker 2: We want a new You've got a show with a name like your school and let us.
Speaker 4: Know your top.
Speaker 2: Yes, top fo.
Speaker 1: Hey, she didn't never tell that.
Speaker 5: They gotta pleasure pe you're top five R and B artists.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, that's come on. Come on, come on with top five. Mm hmmm, I'm gonna have to go with God Old Girl.
Speaker 1: However you feel that's not fair, bro, Yeah, I know, I know. That's where we made the game when we made again.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna start with R Kelly Hm, start there. Yeah, we're gonna go into a Keith sweat.
Speaker 5: Yeah why not? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mm hmmm, We're gonna go into a babyface Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're cooking, son, You're cooking.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm gonna have to go with the Luther Vandros. Yes, yes, yes, yes, that's a dope one and my last one favorite of all time, my last dang man, the last one gotta be Prince gotta be there, Ye gotta be the top five roots.
Speaker 3: Of humping on the stage. It starts there, Top five R and B songs and Prince owned the club in Miami. What was the name of it, Slam slam.
Speaker 4: Man, Top five R and B songs.
Speaker 6: That's tough too, because I mean, I ain't even get the to to bring the ladies. You know, you gotta you gotta have like top ten or something.
Speaker 5: Man, you are, you are playing the man.
Speaker 1: Come on, what the ladies at this ladies this is your song?
Speaker 6: Deborah Cox for sure? Oh yeah, hell yeah, Debor Cox for sure.
Speaker 4: What's the what's my girl name? Shirley Murdoch.
Speaker 5: Love Love of.
Speaker 4: Of course, you gotta go with Mary J.
Speaker 5: Blige.
Speaker 6: You gotta go with her singing from her soul, from her soul. Beyonce the number one the show female, Come on. She sounds like an angel career, like the only two people that like like from this era. Sounds like the angels when they sing. To me, Beyonce is one of them.
Speaker 1: No, homo.
Speaker 6: My brother Tank was saying pause or whatever. But my boy, he got the angel. He got the angel.
Speaker 4: You know that the angels spirit around him when he sings. So yeah, yeah, okay, top five R and B songs, come on. I know you can find something five R and B songs. Damn whatever you want Joe to see.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, we're definitely playing the little boys to men, you know, depending on what the vibe is, because I was you know, when I go through breakups, I play doing just fine and I end up doing you know what I'm saying, I understand what when when the end of the road is that I understand.
Speaker 2: You right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand at the end of the road.
Speaker 6: So yeah, you know, just depending on what you know, you got to make love to her. Always count of those guys. Joas Yeah you know, I mean I can go fether Man.
Speaker 4: That was like what five songs right that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's he's just gonna go voice to me and jo Yeah so much.
Speaker 4: You gave us four.
Speaker 1: Actually you gave us four so much more. Give me, give me one more, give me one more.
Speaker 4: Let's go with something that people ain't even you know, up on like that as yet.
Speaker 5: Come on, you know what i'mna sit up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna sit up last night.
Speaker 1: Come on, I wasn't so you know that last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you style today? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. We got one more.
Speaker 1: We got one more segment, man, before we let you out of here. Man, we know you're busy. Man, we appreciate you pulling up on us. We got one more segment and Tank let him know what it is. Let him know what it is.
Speaker 5: Piano.
Speaker 4: Man, I ain't saying no nigga. I ain't saying no names. I ain't saying no name.
Speaker 5: I ain't saying no name.
Speaker 1: Was wey you did?
Speaker 5: Don't say she?
Speaker 4: I ain't saying no yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know where we are.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 1: You know you had this very important segment called I ain't saying no names, don't tell you the story funny and fucked up? Are funny and fucked up the only rude to the game. You can't say no names.
Speaker 4: Damn you got them?
Speaker 1: You got stories. I'll tell a couple for you. There's one time these two girls. Yeah, I woke up in the Fambye pancakes. Damn.
Speaker 4: That's a tough one.
Speaker 5: I said, these are true story story.
Speaker 4: Damn, damn. Okay, Oh no, I can't come on yo. So no face, no case.
Speaker 6: Oh I got I got a funny one. So one of the homies, I can say the homies. One of the homies, UH asked me to drive him to pretty much go see this girl. So I'm like, all right, cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I drive him.
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, we ain't supposed to be you know what I'm saying, out like that, but we out cool. So I take him to this girl crib and I say, I'm finna go around the corner to the rolex and you just you can call me when you're ready, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I go.
Speaker 6: I go to the rolex and I say, now, some say I'm going there. Then we just go around this other corner and just post until he ready. So I'm around the corner and I'm sitting in the car listening to this this this CD. You know, I can't even say the artist's name listening to this the CD. And I'm just on the phone, just bobbing and whatever. So then out of nowhere, I look up and I think I see something running at me, but I'm like, not sure, So I put the the you know, the lights on, and I just see Nigga running down the street. I see some hairy ass legs Nigga full speed running down the street with his clothes.
Speaker 4: In his hand, and a Nigga way behind him running after him. I'm like, who the fuck is that? And it's actually the homie off. But I'm trying to wonder, how the hell did.
Speaker 6: You get way on this side of you know, how did you even know that you just happened to be there, happened to be right here, so and how did you even recognize that was me in this car?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: All of that uh took took place in my mind, But he gets to the door, over over the door because you know it's it's always locked, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I unlocked the door.
Speaker 6: He get in, I flash the lights of the big dug and I almost hit him driving off. That was a funny story to be y'all got away though, we got away, But just the fact that the nigga was running down the street, butt naked nigga, hairy legs and dog.
Speaker 4: Don't know why why he on this block? Don't know if I would have been in the road legs, what he would run?
Speaker 5: Where's he going?
Speaker 4: That was a funny story.
Speaker 1: This pocket.
Speaker 3: He was somewhere, this pocket somewhere doing something. Yeah, with somebody else's things. Boyfriend number two, Boyfriend number two, Oh, I've been there.
Speaker 1: I've been.
Speaker 5: No not running, I didn't run.
Speaker 1: I was like, you gotta tell him, what is motherfucking dog? Don't you open that door.
Speaker 4: Open? Don't open up the door?
Speaker 1: How big is he? Does he normally have weapons? They talked to me, what is his nig he have weapons?
Speaker 5: What is his nigga?
Speaker 4: Home? Pepe, you got a story? No, I thought, this is just your ship. That was a safe That was the safe one. But you know, I know that. I just don't say.
Speaker 3: You are a brother, man, you are a loved one. We appreciate you, man, from the bottom of my hearts.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You you know you want our guys, man, And I don't. I don't say that lightly. Man.
Speaker 3: You know, at the drop of a dime, we will move something around by p. You know what I'm saying. We almost had to do that not too long ago. We almost had to, you know, move some people around. Yeah, for our brother But you know, I think you know, ultimately we got your back, bro and and and and we want we want you back heavy and this thing and the people do too.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Don't don't don't even don't think for a second, uh that there aren't people waiting on pleasure p And that there aren't people championing and in your corner. You know what I'm saying, Ready to step in and do whatever is needed to get you to where you wherever you want to be because it's your world, is your call, and we are part of that. We are part of that crew and that family that that that want to play whatever part we can. You know what I'm saying, I appreciate, we love it.
Speaker 1: So listen, make My name is Tank Valentine and this is the R.
Speaker 5: And B Money Podcast, the authority on all things.
Speaker 4: R and B.
Speaker 1: He's got the coolest R and B name in the game. You gotta find a way to get a name like that.
Speaker 4: Product pleasure fee.
Speaker 1: R and B Money. R and B Money is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show, and you can connect with us on social media at Jy Valentine and at the Real Tank. For the extended episode, subscribe to YouTube dot com, forward slash R and B Money