Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast Lights reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Brooklyn Boys Slice time for episodes number three, nineteen and before. What's going on for before? Before? We are delayed? We are recording this on Christmas Eve Eve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also known this year as Honakah eve Eve because Chris maka Christmas and.
Speaker 1: Hanakah are on the same day. Yeah, that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: It doesn't start till sundown, So technically not until sundown is both holidays, right, But because the Jewish calendar is based on the moon cycles, not the sun, the holidays move around, as you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well so it's been a couple of decades since this happened. So anyway, that's not why we're late. We're late because I had a minor procedure that prohibited me from recording. I'll talk more about it on the Brooklyn Boys. I'm fine, But of course I've got stories for the podcast and scars. Uh thanks Linker Park and.
Speaker 1: The scars will remind us. Yeah, so it's all okay, it's a Poppa Roach, Papa Roach.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I it was one of see cars scars to your beautiful, isn't it. Yeah? Sure, Yeah, whatever. Yeah, that works well. Uh and and I took a break from from wrapping Christmas presents to do this podcast in the middle of knee deep in the Hoopla.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jefferson, the Waitresses. The waitresses sing Christmas Wrapping.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, one of my favorite Christmas.
Speaker 3: Songs of all time standing you forgot Cranberries too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of a lame little story, but I love it. I love a song that tells a story. I do. I miss those all right, but yeah, like the Human League Don't You Want Me Baby? One of my that's probably my favorite storytelling song of all time. You're working as a wages in a cocktail bar. You know that much is true. You know it's her his, his side of the story, her side of the story. You know that Human League nineteen eighty two. If you don't know the song, I'm Living on a prayer. Tommy used to work on the docks, Gina's Union's that's not like a linear story. Gina works a diner all day. Noose, that's just like an anecdote. No no, no, like like okay, the one of the quintessential songs that tell a story. Tom's restaurant or whatever. No, it's Billy Joel scenes in a restaurant, Brent. It takes you the story of Brenda and Edie and.
Speaker 3: Ed and how steady, Yeah, how they in the summer of seventy five of the.
Speaker 1: Queen of the Prom. They got married, they got divorced. They mean the Italian restaurant, right, the red a bottle of white. It all depends upon your appetite. Just a Friend by Biz Marquis another great storytelling song, where then he shows up at the college dorm. They they thought, you know, he thought that he was with this girl, and he goes, oh, snap, guess what I saw some guy kissing my girl on the mouth. You know that whole thing.
Speaker 3: And here's one for only a select few. Scare I know you're a big fan. The album Operation Mine Crime by Queen's Reich. The whole album is one long story, a concept album. Anyway, we got about a guy who's brainwashed to be a terrorist and he has a keyword and he kills people.
Speaker 1: You lost me at Queen's Reich. Listen, we have five pages of these talkbacks to get to.
Speaker 3: In factful, we'll see if we can fit them all in one episode, and if we don't do too we do two episodes.
Speaker 1: Well we'll see.
Speaker 3: Let's take a slice, oh, slice on top of a slice like John Travolta and said a night fever when he put one slice on top of the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now he's now he's Santa Claus and uh, now he's Santa Knight fever the capitol un commercial hilarious. Yeah, not a sponsor. He goes for cookies at that by the way, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: I don't have personal sponsors like Skiary does. If I go to a cooking class that I enjoyed and I posted I went to a cooking class that I enjoyed, people are like hit the jingle. No, I don't have sponsors. I would love it if I had sponsors. Listen, let's say slices. You have a cupcake company, you could I could sponsor your cupcake company.
Speaker 1: If you have like a carpet cleaning.
Speaker 3: Your wife works or your husband works for like a home cleaning service, you know, I sponsor me. But no, I took a cooking class, not how it was like a you know it's this is.
Speaker 1: Not the Brooking Boys. We're starting to make already making Brookle boys. Episodes. This is the side Nope, no, this is the side piece. This is the companion episode.
Speaker 5: D.
Speaker 1: This is with a good as the people on the Sopranos and similar like it's slight the slices you you left talkbacks for us, and this is the feedback. First we spend the night with the Night before Christmas? Right, okay, well this is from episode three eighteen Tripping Balls and monkey calls. Uh, let's listen to our first talk back. What do they have to say about this? Or canal so flowed? Jew brody scary?
Speaker 4: Oh, the gobbler ball, the gobbler sandwich, the whole all of it. Man, I want to crush those.
Speaker 5: When I moved to Philly and I went to Drexel and I'm from Florida, my friends introduced me to.
Speaker 4: That, whoa blew my mind. And then I moved back to Florida after college and.
Speaker 5: They brought will one to South Florida. I started keeping kosher, so that couldn't either. But so yeah, rody gobblers or Knitzel, all.
Speaker 1: Right, they understands.
Speaker 3: So did I ever tell you my my kosher story?
Speaker 1: Should we say it? For the brook and bulls? You want to do it? Here.
Speaker 3: Well, he just mentioned he turned kosher, so and it's Hanikov. So I mean, I don't know ten people hear.
Speaker 1: This real quick.
Speaker 3: So I went to a Hebrew kindergarten school for one year because I was born in January, and if I didn't go to Hebrew kindergarten, I'd have to wait a full year to go to a public school kindergarten and I'd be six to eight months behind everybody else my age. So my parents put me in a Hebrew school kindergarten and then I went into first grade with all the kids that were six months older than me. But for the time I was there, the teacher said, you know, he's teaching the kids about keeping kosher and what you couldn't eat, what you couldn't have, and the rules of if you're going to be a religious Jew or not. And I went home and I said, mom, the teacher said that we should keep kosher. And so my mother says, that what you want to do if you feel it that important. Again, I was five years old, scary, and she said, if that's what you want to do, David, that's what we'll do. If that's important to you, she said, but understand you won't be able to eat spareubs or roast pork anymore.
Speaker 1: And I said, forget it, you're out because you can't come out. You can't eat pork. Yes, my own all time favorite story. I'm five years old. I'm like, I'm out. I'm out. I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm all about you know, religion and God's fantastic. Well, I can't have spareribs and roast pork.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 1: It was like, is that what it means?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Well, but if it's for you, God bless Yeah, all right, let's continue. We got a lot of these two knockdown today.
Speaker 2: Hey, Abrickham Boys, Long Island Dave here. I'm not sure if I'm still Long Island Dave because I used to be in Queens, then I went to Long Island. Now I'm back in Queens. So am I still Long Island Dave? Or am I Queen's Dave?
Speaker 4: Let me know, don't sweet me.
Speaker 6: But because we're talking about the Spotify wrap up playlist, you guys were actually my number one Spotify podcast I listened to.
Speaker 4: But guess who was number two? Joe Rogan. Yeah, your boy Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: I actually met him a couple of years back out.
Speaker 1: A UFC up at the UFC, we did not cut you off.
Speaker 2: And he was so short it wasn't even funny. I'm six foot one, so shout out to all my six foot plucks slices out there. But I cannot believe how short he was.
Speaker 6: So for him to go ahead and make some mushrooms, that's pretty wild. But I gotta try them because I was trying to look them up online, scary, couldn't really find them anything.
Speaker 4: That was like legit at least, but I definitely got to go ahead and get me some of those.
Speaker 6: On the topic of why you keep getting on your news feed come shit with me at Starbucks or whatever. Maybe because you got your call an oscopy and your phone was just chilling by you, quietly listening to you like it always does, even thanks China, So now.
Speaker 7: You're algolo things.
Speaker 6: This guy talks a lot about shit, maybe he likes shit.
Speaker 7: They'll let's show him a lot of shit shit with me.
Speaker 1: It's so they're serving me shit videos where they were people are going into the best bathrooms in America, and I haven't watch them, so I have a question.
Speaker 3: He was like, I can't believe how short Joe Rogan was all credit to him for coming up with mushrooms.
Speaker 1: Whatever is that?
Speaker 3: Because he's short, he gets extra credit, Like, I can't believe he has these magic mushroom gummies because he's short. Also, if you lived in Queen's Dave, then you moved to Long Island, became Long Island Dave, and then you moved back to Queens. You're Queen's Dave of the sequel, right, you're Queen's Dave too, your Queen's Day squared.
Speaker 1: But you can't.
Speaker 3: You're outnumbering Queens two to one to Long Island. So either moved back to Long Island or your Queen's Dave.
Speaker 8: Scary and Brody, Brody and Scary Scarody the knee from CT He's back to all the slices who leave multiple talkbacks. Why are you the way that you are? Every time Slice time starts to get fun and exciting, you make it not that way with so many constant talkbacks. No, I hate so much about the things that you choose to be just kidding. As long as they provide some entertainment, that's all we're there for. Rock and Steve over there had me rocking and rolling with laughter last.
Speaker 9: Week you got from Brooklyn. Here you often realizing what an old thought. I am listening and I think it was gaining from Queens. Is talking about the chestnuts being an old people thing and this and that, and then Brody says, like coffee nips. I love coffee nips too. What the fuck, man, I'm only forty years old. But quick tip, after you rose the chestnuts, I do him in the oven over a better rock salt.
Speaker 1: I put him in a well that never well, I guess we'll never know because it went on to the next one you put him in. I don't know. How do you leave an asshole in suspense? I'll tell you later. Hi, by the way, that you're not the asshole.
Speaker 3: He's just telling a joke, meaning were the assholes you kept us in suspense?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well yeah chestnuts? I mean, what do you put him in after you have him on a better rock salt? O better rock salt? My favorite Bonjovie song.
Speaker 1: Better rock Salt?
Speaker 3: Lie down in a better rock salt? Nailed it sound just like them?
Speaker 10: Hey, Brody and Scary, this is Maddie from Queens.
Speaker 4: Brody, what did you do?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: Brody?
Speaker 6: Yes? Over Vinnie sending the Slowman's commercial when Scary slipped in at.
Speaker 11: The end Slowman's and you completely ignored it.
Speaker 1: He sure did.
Speaker 3: Holiday season, Yes, hit the jingle, bitch, it's the holiday season.
Speaker 1: I'm going yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the slices. Don't miss it, don't miss it.
Speaker 4: Beat. This is Paul from New Jersey. Monkeys from the Mangrove. Uh, wasn't there a while back where.
Speaker 12: Gregs he tried to sell monkeys and cave out Carrie's phone number.
Speaker 13: Yeah, like the monkeys and the bananas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greg t took an ad out in the newspaper and said that I had Capucci and monkeys for sale, and you've left my number.
Speaker 3: And then we played all the phone calls back on the air because they're hilarious. By the way, Paul from New Jersey may have the best laugh of all the slices, the evil, wicked laugh.
Speaker 14: He does it all from New Jersey.
Speaker 12: This podcast is fucking hilarious.
Speaker 7: We got monkeys in a mangrove with bananas.
Speaker 4: We got gobblers.
Speaker 15: Man, You guys.
Speaker 12: Just making me laugh of the double hood condras. If Carrie wants a gobbler, glad conversation still going fall from Jersey calling because in Portugal, where I'm from, we comes of chestnuts for Christmas and winter. It happens a lot with the Spanish as well as Italians, so chestnuts are not so uncommon to Scary. I think it's more of European thing than it is a US.
Speaker 1: Thing, right my thought.
Speaker 3: But also Scary Scary didn't say chestnuts for that uncommon as much as he said American chests.
Speaker 1: American chestnuts have disappeared, largely disappeared, so anyway, but Scary likes chint nuts too. Hio.
Speaker 16: Hi, Hey, this is cute from all over the map.
Speaker 10: And I just want to say, Scary.
Speaker 16: And Brody all the way. Been listening to you guys.
Speaker 4: Since the off air show.
Speaker 16: And that's why it's Scary and Brody because he started it.
Speaker 10: Granted, Brody, you kind of.
Speaker 16: Made it because you're funny as shit, but Scary started it, and you should give him that respect to put him first. Scary and Brody all the way, and Scary you still owe Brody a sake dinner.
Speaker 1: Fuck you you are my friend, are going back? She's back? Who came around that you were my friend shooting out soft and she came in with the hard uppercut. Q should have left that call in Q hey, by the way, speaking of the author, by the way, yeah yeah, thanks, thanks for listening to those old episodes. I'm telling you, it's great shit. We still get we still get credit for it. People. It's hard for it's hard for people to believe that we were not on drugs when we did that.
Speaker 3: It's an unusual situation. We all listened all the time, we were all over the place. By the way, here's a little tidbit for you, especially if you're a hard rock fan. Yeah, you know who Trans Siberian Orchestra is.
Speaker 1: Of course they do that one of the famous songs, uh done no no no, no, no, no no. And they do Christmas cannon. Yeah, well they do all the Christmas songs.
Speaker 3: They do them like a rock band. Here's something you should know, uh, the same way. This came from the ashes of the off air show. There was a heavy metal band in the eighties called Sabotage with a V not Sabotage, Sabotage Sabotage and most of the members of Sabotage became Trans Siberian Orchestra. Oh I didn't know that, And a lot of their stuff especially.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 3: Oh, they have a rock opera album. Oh Rocks Symphony something damn it anyway. Uh, that album is like Trans Siberian Orchestra, but like hard rock music, very orchestrated.
Speaker 1: It's trendous.
Speaker 3: So those guys the heavy metal band, yes, hair band became Transbran.
Speaker 1: Slice Slices Google. Uh Christmas Christmas Eve Sarajevo by Trans Siberian Orchestra. Oh, tremendous song. Great song, you guys, Actually you all know it. You just don't know you know it. And when you hear it you'll be like, oh, I know that song anyway.
Speaker 3: And then then go on your your app and and listen to gutter Ballet by Sabotage.
Speaker 1: Same people. Nice c again.
Speaker 16: From all over the map. I just want to say I'm in episode two sixty six and about four months ago I started it, starting the off air show. And yeah, this guy's about eight hours a day because I work for Fredo Lay. I don't know, Siri, if you remember me, I called.
Speaker 4: In because you was talking about craziest place to have sex and.
Speaker 16: I did in the Freedo Lay truck and you said you got Freedo word.
Speaker 1: I mean that was a layup. How would I not? How would I not do that joke? You got? You got banged in the Freedo lay truck. You're think I'm going to do that joke anyway?
Speaker 3: Hilarious, hilarious hours a day for Q.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Fall from Jersey scary.
Speaker 17: You have to remember your godchild's birthday.
Speaker 4: Give him a gift.
Speaker 1: Remember Christmas?
Speaker 17: Give him a gift, Remember Easter.
Speaker 8: Give him a gift.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 17: Just this godsfather thing is not just being cool man, it's taking money out of your wallet, just like Whole Food does see you when you buy peanut butter for fifty seven dollars a jar?
Speaker 1: Wait a second, hold on, do I really? Oh I didn't get my godchild a gift? Do I have to give him a Christmas gift? I don't. No, you're the godfather god damn it? What am I doing here? You're a terrible I just gave him a huge fucking gift for his Christening and that was just two months ago. Now I gotta give him. Can't combine gifts from October? What are you doing a Christmas gift? And oh and his birthday was just his birthday was last week? You don't even remember. Yeah, it was, it was the twelfth. This is Ferrari, right, what's his name, the Ferrari? What's his name, Enzo? Enzo Ferrari. Isn't it Senza? All right?
Speaker 3: But Enzo Ferrari is what I made me think of it. That's what I was named after it. Dude, that's a that I deserves a gift, and that's a double whammy. That that's a birthday and a Christmas present in a row. That would be like not giving a gift to your co host. I mean, who would do that?
Speaker 1: Moving on?
Speaker 18: Moving on Laura from CT and your response. I've been listening for the beginning. I just never commented. I've been listening for quite a while. But I did listen to the off air show too, but it was just too much for great tea, so I didn't listen for a while.
Speaker 4: When it was the drop.
Speaker 18: Fare show, I listened to you too, and I really enjoy it, and I just started commenting on stuff now.
Speaker 1: Well, love you. Thank you so much for being there for us.
Speaker 3: If a scary lot otherwise, I'd like to apologize on my on his bath.
Speaker 18: She's back Laura from CT about the bill with drinking I don't drink, so I don't pay for any alcohol. So I'm with you, Brody. You shouldn't have to pay for alcohol if you're not drinking it. It's just like you're gonna eat the food. Okay, I'll split all the money with the food, no problem. But if I'm not drinking, I'm not paying for no alcohol. That doesn't make any sense, especially if it runs up three four hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: It's not happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, three four hundred dollars. I'm gonna forgive the double negative because's one hundred percent right. By the way, Connecticut has too many syllables that people are now abbreviating.
Speaker 1: It's just CT.
Speaker 3: Like Minnesota. People don't say I'm from m N. They don't say in New Mexico, I'm from m e ct CT.
Speaker 19: All right, scary, Reggie here, you've only seen eight episodes.
Speaker 1: Of the Office, maybe twelve.
Speaker 19: Scary.
Speaker 18: Not only did I watch it live like in the studio attached to.
Speaker 16: The TV, I've also replayed it like just so many times.
Speaker 12: I've seen the uncut version of the episode, like, come on, scary, it's a classic.
Speaker 1: The British versions.
Speaker 4: To watch the Office.
Speaker 14: But I know you don't really watch anything I remember here do I want to be feared or loved easy both.
Speaker 19: I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Reggie.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people are afraid to love her.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's in no way handful, but I love her too. And yeah, you know, one day I will catch up on the office. It just yeah, yeah, you know, I just hear. He doesn't have any streaming services. He doesn't have a dv it doesn't have a cable worth of damn is. He doesn't go to the movies. Movie.
Speaker 4: I Vagina has a first name. It's p U S S y. I Vagina has a second name.
Speaker 8: And I can't tell you why I wrote.
Speaker 1: People love to eat it every day.
Speaker 4: And if they ask you why, they'll say.
Speaker 1: Because Reggie's has a way of making straight man gay. That's terrible. That's one of the lines I wrote.
Speaker 3: But you left a lot of syllables, all right, Reggie's puss a way of making every straight man gay.
Speaker 1: See that's you have to repeat it. No I did.
Speaker 3: I did a different.
Speaker 1: You need to clear the perfection to clear the deck. I take a brew.
Speaker 7: The Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 20: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back. Good now do we get it out of well almost?
Speaker 3: But so the word that you didn't like that I used, I'm not gonna use it again. I'm just gonna warn you that the next episode of Brooklyn Boys, I will be using the C word.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you met you were in you met your mask. No, not in the way you think. Okay, thanks, we'll keep it right there. A nice little teaser, little teaser, little teas in the.
Speaker 21: City Brody Scariest, Gary Brody, James Miami.
Speaker 1: Episode what time? What time?
Speaker 21: And reference to editing the podcast. Negative, that's not Brooklyn Boys style. You guys do it on the fly, live and whatever comes out. That's that's what we want, correct, guys.
Speaker 1: That's what we do. Well, he's up. That was episode three oh nine. The Chiefs don't play in Kansas, dumbass, so he's called it. But what time in the middle of the night did he record that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: That one was in the morning. Of course, there you go, so.
Speaker 21: Boy, James Brody Scariest, Gary Brody Miami James again, episode three or nine and reference to the free Deserve for scary Yes, ten percent, Come on, scary, you're ready not coming through with a steak dinner?
Speaker 1: Come on, sir, r tem person type percent. Thanks.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know what the teen percent is, but I agree with him.
Speaker 21: That's aim Captain speaking broadly. Scary, scary, play the fucking dring gole, play that dream gole.
Speaker 7: All right, thanks, Hey Brooklyn Boys, it's Manny here. Rika on the episode on the Brooklyn.
Speaker 22: Boys last time, for episode three sixteen, you were trying to recall a game.
Speaker 7: If I remember correctly, I think.
Speaker 18: It was Mahanai.
Speaker 2: If it's not Maharam.
Speaker 7: Twice for Life and Joy catching.
Speaker 22: Up, I'm leg, I said, sorry for if I'm bringing up bad murrays again rift While leaving the talk about Hey, Brody is scary many here, Johnny from CT said an episode in Bruce Lifetime, for episode I think it was three sixteen, he asked Brody and Scary one they would tell their younger selves. I would tell I would I would tell Brody to tell his younger self not to stick his hand out for uh, scary, because he's never gonna get that steak dinner.
Speaker 1: That's a great answer.
Speaker 3: Love that, Manny, Thank you, Thank you, all right.
Speaker 21: Continuing Brody Scary James Miami episode three or Nice Life Time. You're talking about Brody keeping you up, but you're always out eating at your bougie places late in the mean streets of New York. Come on, bro come on, Scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes you can. You keep me up, but I'm not out. I'm sleeping, so you know, I don't know what that was in reference to when did you keep me awake? No sleep till dinner? I don't know. Okay, it was a while ago.
Speaker 19: From the boys Caitlin, Mark and Luke from Sure Sorry just left me because our kid's been forarding all night.
Speaker 23: Anyways.
Speaker 19: Nice just listening to your episode on chestnuts. I believe you can actually get chestnuts in New York City at the Dirty Water hot dog stands. I'm pretty sure they have them in like a hanging barbecue rope. They do the side of the truck, they do the mountain of nuts.
Speaker 1: They just got the far Those are the foreign ones. Don we're the American chestnuts. You don't know. They're not American chestnuts. Most of them are from They're from China or wherever they're from. I don't know. There's somewhere not from here.
Speaker 4: Nineteen. This is from Washington.
Speaker 10: I fucking knew it scared Jones gonna say these red bottoms bloody shoes.
Speaker 4: I knew you were gonna make the reference.
Speaker 10: And Brody, some shoes are that expensive, and that's okay. Some people spend that much money on it. You know, that could be kind of crazy, But that's just a different the world.
Speaker 4: You and me. Uh we don't.
Speaker 1: My first by the way, that was talking about my first foray into a cauture with with with these little Breton shoes four hundred and fifty dollars because they were on clearance. I went. I spoke to everybody about them that night, and everyone was like, you gotta bargain you crazy? Oh my god. I would have stayed, would have taken them fifty Yes, I did. You said you paid eight hundred. No I didn't.
Speaker 3: You said, ay, twelve hundred dollars shoes. You got eight hundred and you I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I gotta like half price. We were on clearance.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure you said you paid more than that.
Speaker 1: Did I? Yeah? If I did, I was like, I'm mistaken, unless I was talking about well I spent in total for my outfit. Maybe I meant it like that. I don't know, just so you know how boozy Scary is.
Speaker 3: Rather than just saying it was my first pair of lubatons, he says it was my first full willium to couture.
Speaker 1: Shut up, dick.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not everyone, And that's kind of world Scary Jones does. Uh, And he says he's not a fashion guy or whatever.
Speaker 4: But when I think of Scary Jones, I think.
Speaker 10: Of John Varvado and I don't know, some expensive colone and boutique hotels which are you know, have like a million followers on Instagram.
Speaker 4: And shape like that.
Speaker 1: So that's the favorite.
Speaker 4: That's okay, my friend, all right, and Scary Jones.
Speaker 24: If I would be you, I would literally talk to the accountant and see if I can do like a text right off for those you know, red bottom fancy shoes of yours and eating out there anything.
Speaker 10: Else fancy and expense that you use, because he actually uses for work you wearing all that while you are on clock hours, putting in those hours for the you know, the big empire.
Speaker 1: iHeart right, let me tell you about that. I asked about that, and he, my countenance, said, you cannot claim that because if it's something that you could also wear that's not for work, like you could wear other occasions. Then you can't expense it. You can't write it off. It's got to be something that would only be used for a work function situation.
Speaker 3: See, I could write them off because no one would believe I would ever go anywhere else besides the concert to wear those shoes, right, it would only be for the jingle.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, otherwise you're improperly writing shit off. You can't. You can't say, oh, I did I use these for work? It's nah. They I can go to New Year's Eve and wear them and they're totally fine, and I will use them for other things. So unfortunately, but yeah, I see where you're going with that.
Speaker 3: Now, here's the requirement that the entire morning show had to wear lubitons, Then you could write them off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no requirement.
Speaker 24: Yeah, just to say comment it's five forty five am on a Sunday in Washington and spouring range some my apologies if the audio sucks, but hey, this time you cannot say, oh, it was two am when this guy left this.
Speaker 4: Mess, or it was one am.
Speaker 10: I wonder what kind of nasty shadow forbidn't think he was doing it this hour, he said it not so sorry for living. Another talk back breaking voice said name from Washington. You know you should know that luxury, top of the line brands cannot have their stuff done at sweatshops. It would be horrible for their brand. It would be horrible for their name. So yeah, I don't think the cost was ten or twenty dollars, my.
Speaker 3: Man, No, I'm sure that people they were handmade in by professionals.
Speaker 1: I was just giving him shit.
Speaker 25: Brooklyn bles Becca from Long Island calling about the storage. They got me just like you, Brody, except they keep getting me seventy five dollars to start next month. I went up to eighty ninety. I'm now at one hundred and twenty dollars for a seventy dollars storage bind. No, nothing has changed. I went down there and talked to the guy and when he told me there was nothing he could do, because scary, that's actually nothing.
Speaker 1: He could do because what wait, no, I got it out. That's Eeca. That was the end of her.
Speaker 3: Becca Becca, Becca, let's go half on the storage unit. I'll fight for you, Right's.
Speaker 18: That's absolutely crazy to spend that much money on a pair of speakers. I guess you're single and you don't have children, and you can.
Speaker 4: Do that foorth pair.
Speaker 12: We can't.
Speaker 18: But at the same time, I don't want to hear you bitching and moaning about how you spent eighty five dollars on a kid's school thing for some popcorn or chocolate or whatever, when you can spend this much money on sneakers.
Speaker 4: Suck it up up.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a big difference. That's suck it up but a cup, and the popcorn is and the for charities or someone else. The sneakers are from me, a selfish fuck exactly.
Speaker 18: I forgot before to say it was Laura from Connecticut who told you to suck it up but a cup about spending money on kids stuff when you spend all that money on sneakers, because I was dumbfounded by the price that you spent.
Speaker 1: All right, Listen, four hundred and fifty dollars for lubatons on clearance is a fucking bargain, all right, And you paid more on that, all right, whatever, they're twelve hundred dollars. You got a good deal. I got a great deal. It's a bargain such a deal, all right for that that one went nowhere. I went somewhere. I was in a car. Hyo.
Speaker 7: It's finny again, guys talking about those words. And it's funny that you guys said the word I used it in my first talk back. I didn't completely by coincidence, guys. But anyway, I.
Speaker 23: Don't agree on the whole people who were offended back then, but they didn't have a voice, bullshit. The truth of the matter is most people weren't offended. There's a comedian called Brad Williams, I think his name is. He's a midget and he talks about being a midget and he's like, I'm a midget, but other midgets got offended that I.
Speaker 7: And uh, I don't agree.
Speaker 23: It's like people that aren't part of that community are the ones that offended for that community. And it's stupid, like the whole snow White and the Seven Doors. I refuse to let my kids watch this new snow White movie because it's a bunch of bullshit. They've made it snow White and the Seven fucking Special People.
Speaker 1: I'm the fuck out of here.
Speaker 7: It's fucking snow White and the Seventh Door.
Speaker 1: What's What's the they get. What is the He's continuing, what.
Speaker 7: An opportunity that dwarves actually get.
Speaker 23: The fucking star in a movie has seven fucking stars or co stars, they replace it with fucking other people. It's fucking stupid. It's gotten out of control with that. Everybody's offended. Like you guys always say, if everybody's offended, everybody, let's go back to the old ways. And I'm not talking about being racist and ship like that, because I I can't stand fucking racist people.
Speaker 7: But that's not being offended by everything.
Speaker 1: You got a point. What what are they calling this snow white movie? The seven no nondescript color? Are they really? What's the name of the film, it's just snow white? Does she even have helpers? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's the term dwarf that that's the issue.
Speaker 1: But that's when I'm defending dwarf on this.
Speaker 3: I'm defending it, yes, but I don't think dwarves like being called dwarves.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Speak to a dwarf, sorry, I speak to a little person. Ask them what they want to be called. I think they want to be called little people. And if that's what they want to midgets. Why again, I can't speak for everybody, but if I don't know, if they've decided they don't want to be called that, then they get to say they don't want to be called that, okay, And I don't think we get to say, well, fuck it, they should be called that. And I'm not disagreeing with Vinnie. He made some points, but I can't I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tough one, all right, Let's see what's next.
Speaker 23: Yeah, he's Backrod, I see where you're coming from with the whole society has decided to be kinder of people.
Speaker 13: May be true in theory, but it's complete fucking bullshit. What it was these people to be softer and get offended by everything? He got a thick skin anymore, it's it's gone to fucking fall. You're dancing around brody and scary.
Speaker 26: That was the end of him, all right, you gotta all right, I'll keep it.
Speaker 27: Brody and scary, never scary and brody. This is well from ct handed in my homework assignment. How younger me would have been like, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I'm not finishing ship older me. No, reputation follows you basically everywhere, and knowing one day I might need to come back to the job, I would have just finished been professional.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 27: I would have hated it, but I would have to do what I have to do. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think you should leave professionally and finish out your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would have been tempted to believe me, if I, you know, I get fired from a place, I would be tempted to be like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Shit on the brs's desk and run out. Yeah, but yeah, no, I think that's how this person handled it properly.
Speaker 11: Was Jamie from Queen's Again Scary? You were talking about being mister mcpheely being on a kid's show. Yeah, well, in the late nineties early two thousands, there was a kids show and a twelve year old girl character had the last name Taint. It was said recently by someone who worked on the show that not only did the creator know what it is and think it's a funny joke and put it in on purpose, but he lied to his boss when the boss asked if it was something dirty.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you name, if you name a kid taint. You definitely put it in on purpose, you know what a.
Speaker 1: Horse of Ohio. No, but that's terrible. Stop that. No, but he know that, asked Scary. No, neither here nor there. That was another Teams joke, thank you, brought to you by David Brody. That one was in disguise, Brodie, Scary.
Speaker 20: This is JJ from the Deep South. I wanted to address something that Jamie from Queen said about Scary's addressing arguments that he can't get over the chestnuts issue, but he wants you to get over this, that and the other end. Scary said, no, that's not the same I agree, it's not the same argument.
Speaker 1: We're addressing the way you approach.
Speaker 20: The argument, how you are intolerant of one and tolerant of the other, and that's just not okay, Boogie JJ from the Deep South again number two, I want to address that.
Speaker 4: Brody. You are correct.
Speaker 20: You are not a man, cheap ass or a cheap bastard. You are frugal, so that makes you a frugal ass. You got a bougie bastard and a frugal ass that I crudely enjoy. Slice for life.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Hi.
Speaker 14: Brody and scary. This is Lauren from Flat Boa. I know, I don't even have to say which city that's in. You guys know, I wanted to comment on the conversation about the R word. Totally agree with Scary that we essentially allowed it to become a negative word because it was used negatively, and then we just kind of fed into that. So let's reclaim the R word. You guys go first. Anyway, that's a great day.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 9: You read.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say it. Hey, hey, hey, hey, scary and voting. I am. I. I love our slices.
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 3: It's the great It's the gift that keeps on giving. Yep, all right, funny. There's a whole lot more coming.
Speaker 18: Laura from CT.
Speaker 4: She's back postal workers.
Speaker 18: I worked for the post office, and you literally have to watch movies and scenarios about people who went in and shot up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, people post.
Speaker 4: Office years ago.
Speaker 18: In scenarios where you can try to get out and kith you see someone with a gun or here's something going on, you have to learn how to get out.
Speaker 1: That is going. That's where the going postal came from. That's correct.
Speaker 3: By the way, I saw a job posting for they pay well, the benefits are good. All I could think about was that, even though it's been a long time since it's happened.
Speaker 25: Brooklyn Boys listening to episode three nineteen, this is Maryland from Ah. I have a new job, so I don't get a call as much anymore. I don't have free time, but I still listen. I'm still a Slice for life.
Speaker 1: Thank you, but scary.
Speaker 19: Yes, you buy you buy those red bottom sneakers.
Speaker 9: I totally get you.
Speaker 25: Good for you, scary, get them red bottom shoes.
Speaker 1: Thanks nice for live love you Rye.
Speaker 3: By the way, not quite the Northern Border by Canada. Omaha, of course, but the way she said episode three O the way she says omaha, yep, like that accent a lot.
Speaker 1: I like that all right. This one is also from episode three nineteen louby Dooby Doo. You get those red bottom scared you get them? But she's back again. I think guess who's back back again? There's no audio on this file. We'll move on.
Speaker 28: Brooke and Bernie say, hey, Scary, how is it not you the person who's splurges every fucking year with the ship, the shoes and the outfit that you're only gonna fucking wear ones and spending thousands of dollars on this ship.
Speaker 1: How is this not you?
Speaker 28: This is literally you went past three years, we've been hearing the same ship a brook and it's always Brodie scary, he's in.
Speaker 1: The fucking bathrooms? Are I love you? But you know what, for this one, it will be scary and brody. No, that's not a part of scary. Stop talking about ship that you cancel.
Speaker 7: Please take the shovel and your own foot.
Speaker 28: Out of your mouth and stop having conversations where somebody can literally cut some of the sound bites and take it out of context.
Speaker 1: And you'll be fired.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 1: Now we're discussing things in a serious manner. We're not, and we're not we're not doing anything offensive. Wouldn't release it if it was a you know, if we're making fun of things. There's a there's a rule in radio.
Speaker 3: You can say certain sexual activities if they're done for medical reasons. Yeah, right, like you can you can describe, you could say, uh, sex terminology, you can use dirty words if it's in a serious manner, right, And that's what we're doing by the same token. We can say awful things for the sake of comedy, especially if we're analyzing and not using certain words to belittle or offend exactly well put, yeah, fox.
Speaker 29: It's always broad in scared, all right, So let's just listen to right. I'm a radio personality, right, I top of the mic, right, and I get a call from somebody open management or whatever.
Speaker 1: Hr They say, oh, you're fired. Oh you're still in the middle of the ship. Okay, So in four hours.
Speaker 29: When your shift is done, bring back your your key card, all your stuff, and you're fired.
Speaker 1: You no longer work for us, all right, that's okay. So I go to Portland, Right.
Speaker 30: I get two bowls extra bean, extra spicy, extra cassel, extra everything.
Speaker 29: Right, Let's let's get that and let's wash it all down with a toll glass of milk. Right, And fun fact, I'm lactose intolerance, and I have one of those conditions when you stella and you eat something spicy and you take a giant shit.
Speaker 1: Party. So after my lovely.
Speaker 4: Meal, right, I unscrewed the microphone.
Speaker 1: I let the last song play out.
Speaker 30: I unplump every possible thing.
Speaker 29: Without shutting down the radio station.
Speaker 30: Right, and I take a giant ship on the desk, all right, riding from the microphone, I wipe mis ass off with the chair.
Speaker 1: One. That's out. That's how he's gonna quit his job. That's that's perfect. That is that that's gonna go over well, that's that's a lot of detail.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: I hope there's a Chipotle near your radio station if and when you get into radio and then get fired.
Speaker 1: I love how it was premeditated, the whole thing.
Speaker 21: Brook the boys broad in Scary Scary and Brody changed Miami and.
Speaker 1: J from NJ. Love with the color. Hell yeah, keep it up, loving the color color.
Speaker 4: Brody, Cary, what's this type of conversation?
Speaker 1: Walk into his second fucking sweater box.
Speaker 30: They're going to be in story toward the rest of your life, and you're never gonna want to change.
Speaker 31: Just sell the fucking things and sell the ones who bought last year with the stupid shure that you bought last year. Sell this collecting dust on your classt wed.
Speaker 7: You just have this conversation, sell it.
Speaker 1: I may sell it. It's not a bad idea.
Speaker 18: Laura from CT, how disgusting is that that they fired him in a phone call they didn't have the decency to bring him into an office talk to them about it, say hey, we're downsizing, you know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: That nothing.
Speaker 18: Nothing, that's discussing how people don't value their employees. And I would have went on the radio and I would have lost my ship, basically saying there was accidents or no accidents and kept going about it. Laura from CT scary, that's disgusting. You don't ask your friend if his daughter is hot, or if you were a Phoenix, ask if her son is hot.
Speaker 4: You don't do that. You just don't do that.
Speaker 18: And don't be friends with her on Instagram or Twitter or whatever it is X because you're a little creepy sometimes and you just don't say things like that. I would have broke your teeth if I was your friend, just saying.
Speaker 3: I can't argue with it, can't argue with that logic.
Speaker 1: He can't. Bardy is wrong, is wrong.
Speaker 15: Brody said that neither of you guys ever left talkbacks. But Brody did I leave it talkback during one of the episodes. He left it at the beginning of the episode, and then he wounded up playing it by the end of the episode. I don't know the episode me. I'm sure some slices know what I'm talking about. Brody, did you're right?
Speaker 1: Hey talk back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was part of a goof inside. Yes, So I don't remember your doctor lunch.
Speaker 32: I just wanted to let him know that, depending on what number baby your wife was having, it could take up to three hours to push out a baby. And as a labor and delivery nurse for thirty eight years, I'm going to tell you no doctor sits there for three hours. They come in at the end, they do their job, and they walk out of the room. The nurse does ninety percent of the work.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 32: Usually doctors know how much time they have when they can go and grab that's all she had.
Speaker 1: Wow. So okay, So I didn't I even tell you that story.
Speaker 3: The last baby we had, the third daughter, that I had never met the doctor because my wife went to a nurse does.
Speaker 1: The nurse does all the work, and then all of a sudden, the doctor comes in and takes, uh does the final position and takes the credit. Right.
Speaker 3: So the doctor who delivered our first two kids wasn't available for the third one, so one of his co work was available and uh so she so she walked in after my wife was in labor for hours. Yeah, and uh you know that we're timing contractions and she's she's uncomfortable and anyway, so the nurse is like, all right, you're about to give birth, but the doctor's not there.
Speaker 1: She goes, all right, I'll page her. And so she walks in slowly.
Speaker 3: She puts her gloves on, snap, puts other glove up, snap, puts her mask on, puts that that little.
Speaker 1: Hat you know what I that with may have been on already.
Speaker 3: She ties her apron in the back, you know, her smocky thing, right, and she sort of like you know, stretches her arms out. She says, hold to me, alum, mister Brodie, congratulations, I'm like good. She sits on the little little channel stool are like she's getting ready for the pitch, and she goes all right, push boom. My daughter was born like two minutes later. Like she practically caught her popping out, like that's it.
Speaker 1: She walked in. She's like, I heard you ready, all right, let's do it. Does ten percent of the work, gets paid ninety scary a half of one percent, and then gets ninety percent of the money.
Speaker 3: The nursing staff are second, a second daughter, the third daughter. We had three nurses. My wife was in labor so long, like one of them went home, one of them I sent home, if you remember, I had her sent home, said some moredful ship. And then by the time the third one came in, they all did the work. They did everything, kept my wife comfortable, gave me. The doctor just walked in and was like, I go ahead.
Speaker 1: That's also like the going for the cleanings with with the dentist. The dental hygienis does all the work work, and then all of a sudden, the dentist comes in, touches my mouth, opens it up with a little with that scalpel thing like claps on my teeth, taps on my teeth here and there, does a little thing with the mirror action on that.
Speaker 3: Grab your tongue with the with the gauze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my guy does a loop of gauze.
Speaker 3: He pulls your tongue over to one side, looks behind it, pulls out the side, looks on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't have twenty seconds worth of work. And then nic, you're all good, see you next time.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and the bill comes and he gets the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dental hygieni is fantastic. I go there for her, but it's his practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have never cavity, so I haven't needed him for anything.
Speaker 33: Yeah, Broken Boys, this is John from CT. Gotta say, Scary. I know this one isn't about the Broken Boys podcast, but I got to say that. I commend you for sticking to your principles on the Brian Thompson killer. I completely agree with you on the fifteen minute podcast that there's no reason for violence, there's no reason for killing. And I think it's kind of despicable that gond he was supporting that and not being willing to turn that guy and he's a piece of crap and he deserves worse than what he's getting right now. Good for you, Scary for sticking up for what you believe in peace.
Speaker 1: Thank you? All right?
Speaker 3: Well I need to comment on that. Go Yeah, I'm not going to get my Well, here's the thing. I don't I appreciate him leaving that talkback because I know what it's in reference to. We did mention. We did, we mention on this podcast about that the fifty minute.
Speaker 1: More, of course we did.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't want to turn this into future talkbacks about that. You welcome to DM me and get my feedback if you'd like, or DM scary. I just don't want to make this a podcast out that incident.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: So we played that call, but I don't want people calling about his opinion scaries of being. It's a subject that's very heated and uh, it's not really fun and lighthearted. So okay, but DMS, I'll talk to you about it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the end of part one. I think we're going to make this Slice Time two parts. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, we're only half We're we're only halfway. This was a great episode. I'm really enjoying this. I do want to get some dinner. So why don't we say, slices, you did a great job. I can't wait to hear the next group. We're probably going to release part two of this a few days after you hear this one, so that you're not bombarded with hours and hours?
Speaker 1: Is this too much? Is it too much? Slice Time? Getting double? It's getting double Slice Time this week. We haven't heard.
Speaker 3: From MJ from NJ, so it be in the second part. There's a lot of all all right, Wilson slices. Thank you very much for your for doing some of the homework. And I laughed, Okay, you laughed, you cried.
Speaker 1: Do I sound raspy not just cheap, that's frugal. Didn't you hear anything of the happen?
Speaker 5: This episode lights reactions.
Speaker 7: This podcast all depends on you.
Speaker 1: Baby Free