Speaker 1: That thing just catches the not because when you have gloves on, and your gloves are so big, you can't be like de miss and miss so that gain.
Speaker 2: It just soaks your freinging. It's like coach reads mustache.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just so catch I need that because my nose is always running.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Welcome everybody to the Calm Down podcast. Thiscal straight off a plane, A bit my.
Speaker 1: Mouth and I keep like touching it, and then there's their skin hanging.
Speaker 2: It's like flapping in the wind, and I just want to pull it off.
Speaker 1: And then I know it's gonna be funny, and I can't stop like putting my tongue there.
Speaker 3: And now we're biting the same area the next three time bigger. When you take a bite of a chip and it scratches the top of the roof of your mouth, and you've got that one as well, you know, the one the tostedo.
Speaker 1: You're right our plane literally from Detroit too.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I wasn't working though, and that so I don't have any excuse, but this is the problem when I'm not working. It was my first weekend often I don't need to tell you because you're still waiting for one. In eighteen weeks, Mama got ready and she was rare in the go. I was nine to midnight. I mean like I was in it, and that group is so much fun. So we had We had a great time. Obviously not the outcome that the Rams wanted, but I was very happy for the city of Detroit when you have waited that long for a you know, it was the longest postseason drought without a playoff win thirty one years.
Speaker 2: They had won nine nine straight playoff losses.
Speaker 3: I think it was for them, So it was good for the city. Bummer for Matthew. Obviously it would have been nice to like go in there, but I was like, shine up that super Bowl ring kid, you've got you got the chip and excited to see what Detroit does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, moving forward.
Speaker 1: Had you been to Ford Field in a while since, like the buys, Like the beginning of it looked awesome. We were watching it from TGI Fridays at DFW. I mean, it never looks better than right there at TGI Fridays with.
Speaker 3: The marks as it does. People say, what is the Cadillac Margarita? Now my bartending days. I was not the best bartender in the world. But I think it's just putting Graham Monier on the top of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought it was top shelf.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I am going to Tangent right away. I did not tell you last week. Week eighteen, I tried my first martini.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's all grown up. She's got a tattoo and she's drinking martinis. I liked it better the night.
Speaker 1: Before because I feel like the dinner was more martinish. And then I was like, you know what, it's the night before the game. I don't want to have a martini the night before the game. I don't trust myself. It's like doing like a like something else. And it's like, I got a big day tomorrow. I don't want to like have a martini. And I wake up and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Ah, like when you take Nike will, They're like, oh, yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: I need to be with it totally.
Speaker 1: So I took I ordered it the next day with Gillian and Kevin and Jake Olivette and I didn't love it.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, what was it a dirty martini? Was it slightly? It was dirty. I can't give eating.
Speaker 1: More Oli juice because it was a lot of vodka. It felt very Gasolini.
Speaker 2: And then keV ordered one.
Speaker 1: keV ordered one with a lemon twist, and I kind of like that one better, but then it got a little too sweet for me, and I was like, forget it, you guys can have mine. Can I get a tequila soda? No tequila water on the rocks?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: The tequila water thing is really something I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I want to get into it so bad. I wanted to get into the vodka soda thing. I never could get into that. I wanted to get into tequila water because that's like the healthiest version, right. No, not me, I'm going I'm reverting back to my college days. I can't stop ordering vodka cranberry.
Speaker 1: I was wondering what your drinking choice was this weekend in Old Detroit.
Speaker 3: I was drinking vodka cranberry all week and long, and I have went away great, So I don't know. Maybe they're a correlation here, so things are working out, but I feel like I'm in like I was gonna say, junior high with all the drinks I was drinking in Junior high. I feel like I'm back in college, Like, who orders a vodka cranberry?
Speaker 2: It's such a child. I was aldering mud slides in college. Stupid.
Speaker 3: Okay, the calories in one of those things. That's like me with eggnog at Christmas. I'm just crushing eggnog. Put not twenty pounds in no time.
Speaker 2: Love an eggnog.
Speaker 1: Egnog makes me think you're drinking like French toast batter. You know.
Speaker 2: Some bread in it. You've got some French toast. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wait, you had because I was bothering you while you were working?
Speaker 2: Were you writing? Were so cute?
Speaker 1: That made my whole day that you were watching. Thank you, We're so excited. I think forty three million were watching.
Speaker 3: Holy shit? Was that the final number? Hold on, I'll just pull it up. Oh my god, imagine.
Speaker 1: That been close. Oh forty million were watching? Wait, yeah, forty million viewers, peaking at forty three point four million from six forty five to seven.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Sunday's matchup between the Cowboys Packers projects to be the best performance for an NFL wildcard game. It was up twenty percent over last year. Okay, AnyWho all.
Speaker 2: Those people that watch that's great.
Speaker 1: But your text message was so sweet and the video is adorable.
Speaker 3: We were and Kelly being the amazing person that she is again, I don't know how she has time to get these girls. She's so matching outfits. She's planning the tailgate for all the wise and girlfriends.
Speaker 2: She's just the best.
Speaker 3: But we were watching you and as first of all, you looked incredible.
Speaker 2: The boys were like, is that a moth colored jacket?
Speaker 3: And I looked at that rose gold and then they were like, it's got to be tom Ford.
Speaker 2: And I was like, the it was so good. You looked beautiful.
Speaker 3: And then could be like her hair looks so great. Everything you looked, you look gorgeous. Thank you, And then we're all so excited. You know, I say this to you all the time, like when I say you on TV, like obviously I know what you do for a living.
Speaker 2: But then I say you on TV.
Speaker 3: And I get all, I'm like, you guys, Sharon's on everyone like we just were.
Speaker 2: Anyways, it was so great with that game. Oh my god. Any Dallas Cowboy fans, I need you.
Speaker 3: Guys to to write in or send us a DM on your thoughts the morning after. I'm so hey, by the way, good for the Packers fans love, like that's awesome, awesome, awesome, good for you guys. But oh my god, Like if I am a Dallas Cowboy fan, I'm thinking to myself this camp, like I wake up this morning and I'm like, did that just happen again? Like the postseason conversation with that four fan base and team. I can't imagine how Dak and all those guys feel this morning.
Speaker 1: And that's the part. Buffalo just scored again. Josh Allen ran it in it is My math is so bad. They they score so funny to nothing. Sorrydown run Wow Josh Allen, you got some wheeler thing. Oh they're all throwing snow in the stands.
Speaker 2: That's really cool, which.
Speaker 3: Is crazy crazy, like people in there like earlier when they were doing those live shots where it was like the fans like the snow's just like they're in an igloo, just covered. I can't imagine being in a game like that.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to Kaylee about Kansas City? What did she say? She was raising her ass off.
Speaker 3: I And then because Witt had sent like a picture of Palm Springs or something with some feather things and related to that, and she was like, I'll go anywhere right now. This warm I'm still thawing out. I can't imagine Patrick Mahomes helmet crash. It was incredible, Like what, yes, that the coldest.
Speaker 2: Game I saw? What was it that you worked?
Speaker 1: What game was that? That was wild Card? Kaepernick forty nine ers at Green Bay. I think we talked about it in our meeting room. I think our wind childs were like minus ten. So that was pretty damn chilli. My braids, like I braided my hair because I wore like this full hat and the just like went like this.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, like yeah, there's like wire in the bottom of them.
Speaker 1: What Kaylee had on was at gator, which you can pull up over your nose, which is great, and I was telling somebody. They were like, how do you even prepare? And I said, those gators are awesome because your nose is running the whole time and that thing just catches this. Not because when you have gloves on, and your gloves are so big, you can't be like doing this and this, so that gator it just soaks your fringing. It's like coach reads mustache. You know, it's just so to catch catch off. I need that because my nose is always running because I wax it. I really I think I gotta stop waxing my nose. It's just it's always running. I'm always doing this.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we don't need to be doing this, like get a tissue, stop whipping your nose. And then I felt so bad when I was in Vegas. I was there and I was the great pleasure of meeting wonderful people.
Speaker 2: But how embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I'm going like this, and then I'm shaking your hands like ew, knock it off, Carissa, and going back to that.
Speaker 2: I need some of that hand sanitized in your purse.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you that game. Oh my god, Aaron, it's not good. It's not good. But let's recap the weekend. So in Dallas, you obviously were all moving there. I had someone say to me, this weekend when you guys move into Dallas, and I was like, not soon enough.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that tomorrow.
Speaker 3: As I just paid twenty five hundred dollars for my windshield that was broken. Somebody threw some gentleman gentle wasn't in his right mind through a baseball at my windshield and it shattered my windshield and I had been page twenty six, which, by the way, why is the windshield so expensive? Because they got all these censors and for the rain thing, and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyways, okay, so Dallas Go Dallas is a blur because of what I mean. We sat again, this show should be sponsored by TGI Friday. We sat at TGI Friday's huge table. By the way, the gentleman serving us, he was on it because we were coming with orders. We're like, oh, to Santa Margaritas, a well done burger fries. Yes, I'd like the mustard. We just sat there and we were like what happened? And again you shouldn't get attached and you shouldn't And I wasn't rooting for anyone. I hate when anyone loses, but I've obviously that was my ninth Dallas game. I just looked over at their team's sideline reporter, Christie's Scales, who does an awesome job.
Speaker 2: She works with the radio.
Speaker 1: Nobody's closer with that team than her, and she just said, my god, And I said, you know, this is lives and this is careers. Now at this point, And that's the shit I think about. I was saying to Jared, like, you know, you think you have to uproot your family if there's a coaching change. You know, if they the teams will never be the same with players or coaches. So that's families, that's that's jobs being lost. And I just said to Jarret, you know I would think about when he lost and getting up the next day to go clean the locker out and being like, all right, guys, we'll get him next year.
Speaker 2: And it's like, what do you even fucking say? What do you say? I know, I hate seeing anyone who lose.
Speaker 3: I was I don't know, we had mentioned it on the pregame, but I went to Detroit to support our wonderful friends, the Stafford's because obviously the whole storyline there for them going back to a place that meant so much to them and as Kelly has said, you know, raise them and they their girls you know, were born there.
Speaker 2: Tata was born here, but uh, Tyler was born here.
Speaker 3: But anyways, the it was really really cool to like be a part of that with them for the weekend and also just be a fan for a second, like I you know, we never get a chance to like go to football games and just like not be working.
Speaker 2: One, so you know, it's so cool sports.
Speaker 3: We talked about it a lot on this podcast, and I had the great pleasure of meeting a lot of you wonderful listeners. We're at Kelly's Kelly and hanked in the morning after a live session. It was so much fun. I text you, I was like, it makes me want to do it, and like, I know.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put it on here, We're gonna do it. Ryan's happy, We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I you and.
Speaker 3: I would have the best time because it was so funny. So Kelly's all She's like, God, I'm nervous, like I don't do this, Like I don't want to, like I have to get in front of people, and I'm like, you're gonna be fine. Two minutes into the thing, she's like this, She's like, and Steve looks at me, he goes, We've created a monster. She was in her element, and here is one of the many reasons that I love Miss Kelly Stafford. She is who she is, she does not apologize for. She is the sweetest southern little bell you ever did see. She stayed, took a picture with everyone that wanted a picture, had a conversation with everyone that wanted to have a conversation, Like she's just a wonderful human and it was obvious how much she's loved in that city, because if they don't talk about it exactly, and they're not the people that like need to, you know, have a poster of like look at how great we are. But they have given monetarily to that city to help with rec centers and all of these incredible things that family does. But anyways, I was just happy to be a fan go support them. Bummed from Matthew that they didn't win, but obviously happy for the Lions fan base.
Speaker 2: They've waited a long time for that win.
Speaker 3: And Jared Goff, you know, there's always the storyline where you know, you want to see someone have success when they feel like they might have been put in a situation that they didn't feel wanted or needed. But yes, So I got to meet wonderful people that were also at Kelly's event, and they listed at the Calm Down podcast and I I just think it's so nice that you guys listen and like us because half the time, I'm like, who's listening to this? And you guys are so great? So I just love you and it made me really excited for ours.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. That's what I wanted to hear. Yeah, I haven't gotten a check up on you or Kelly or anybody. I've just feel like I've been living vicariously.
Speaker 2: You've been working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but whatever, And you guys had a time this weekend. So I'm so glad her event was great. And I'm excited that made you want to do it because we're going to do it and hopefully we're talking about doing it maybe potentially really soon.
Speaker 2: So Litz go.
Speaker 3: So you're still very much in the thick of it. I'm either done done or I don't know, but I can't wait to.
Speaker 2: Watch you. And so you're headed to is that public? Am I allowed to say? Yeah? Okay? Oh yeah, good.
Speaker 1: We're at Same Bay at San Francisco Saturday, which would be great. Crappy though, God for me already seventy percent chance and it's horrors.
Speaker 3: Oh, I definitely don't like that. Know how did this dog get out? The dog let himself? I was like, where's willis? He opened up this this guy opened up the door. You can't see it from there. I'm like, what I say, Hi, laying out there. He's a genius. Oh my god, my son's a genius. Hey, speaking of son, I want to go back to boy your matchup? What do we got going on over here? I haven't got a mac video and him in the track.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to tell you because I knew it would be like you'd be on the phone with me immediately. And I had a lot going on, and we had a big weekend. What we took our first header? We took our first head er. Yeah, apparently kids do this all the time. We did that, and then we thought off the bad and then we broke out in hives the next day. But those are better. We didn't know if that's from eating avocado and wait for it, we're cutting our first tooth. Oh my god, so much happening.
Speaker 2: He's in it, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And this so what do we do for the tea that he's Oh, I mean, he's just slabbering. We just are throwing stuff in his mouth like he's actually today for the five seconds I've seen him, No, I'm kidding, he's actually like I feel like his temperament is a lot better before I left, right, we talked about it on the shows. Ah, now it's a lot better. But yeah, forbody's seven months old.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But anyways, like it was so interesting because after he fell, I talked to a lot of people and they were like, oh yeah, one of many, Like I texted the hockey you know, King's trainer, King's doctor.
Speaker 2: I talked to Greg when.
Speaker 1: He walked in, and he's like, he's fine, He's fine, and I knew he was, but like I didn't want to be the parent that he falls, and like I'm like, you good, but then it's not right, right, So yeah, that's an interesting lesson of like how to handle it as.
Speaker 3: Well too well, that you're going to deal with this the rest of your life where it's like that balance of like he don't want to overreact, but I also.
Speaker 1: Need to do my king too, And so I felt so bad about that, and so I was like fuck. And so then I was like first of all being well, you know, I get it, but I was like kind of being wait for it, overbearing after it happened, because I wanted to make sure I was on top of it, because I couldn't be there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you're were calling every specialist and wondering if he was in concussion product exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can do it. Are you in the blue tent? Or are you not? Can do his sideline report from Aaron on her son's health.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, first of all, don't ever not to tell me something that was like what I found out that one of my dogs at the ranch had died and they didn't tell me because they didn't want me to be upset. And then I go up there and sweet Tony's son's like bear died and I'm like, my dog died and no one told me.
Speaker 2: No, that was bad.
Speaker 3: We can't not tell me what's going on with Mac. But I understand that you're busy. However, you know who's gonna be very upset boat? I know, I know, I know, and I just didn't want to. You know, what's the word send up sent out smoke signal? How do I say it?
Speaker 2: Signal? Smoke signal.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to send a smoke signal. I didn't want to like worry you know the crew. You guys were having your time, But I was like, he's gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he's fine, You're headed to San Francisco, that'll be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm checking out the precipitate precipitation right now to see, like game time, what I'm looking at the percentages.
Speaker 3: Anyone that doesn't know this about Aaron, well, it means one of two things that you haven't seen her on the Fox Weather channel. You haven't seen her bit with Al Roker, which is still my favorite thing she's ever done on television. Aaron loves a weather report. I'm the person, and I don't know that I needed a jacket or I don't know you were in detrain.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I was prepared in the jacket department. I got a lot of good jacket like warm jackets now. But the shoes, no, And you know, I'm not a gal that just like put on a rain boot or whatever or a snow boot.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that. I'm trying to be cute, so I'm out there in tall boots. How told was it?
Speaker 1: Very?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Very you guys.
Speaker 3: I mean we walked to breakfast one morning and it was two blocks and we all looked at each other like doing that again. But that was I don't know. I mean, it's the wind, the whole thing. Nothing though, compared to Kansas City. I just couldn't believe how cold that was. Oh no, thank you. I really appreciated that. Being a fan for the first time all season and sitting in a dome was really nice. I was like, this time of year, get me in that dome. That's when I saw you yesterday, hair perfect killing it. I was like, ooh, this girl, this girl has earned an indoor game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because normally this was a good point. I will save this one. I'm cautioning or I'm censoring myself. But yesterday we woke up and it was fifteen degrees and so it was like, get inside, get inside. But normally I'm at Lambeau this time of year. I'll say it. I'll say it because they're going to be just fine. We didn't go to Green Bay as much as we did in years past. You know, green Bay obviously struggled in the middle of the year. We got them at Thanksgiving, they win, We get them first game of the year in Chicago, they win. But when middle of season we didn't take our normal Lambeau trips. We were there, like just as much as we do Dallas.
Speaker 2: Jillian right on it. As soon as we get in the game, We're like, how about Jordan Love, Like how about the receivers?
Speaker 1: Jillian goes, you guys, we're back to go in a Green Bay next year, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are, They're back, baby, grab that beanie and grab that coat.
Speaker 2: Were right, Jill's the Gatorator. But good for Jordan Love.
Speaker 1: Though I know that we mentioned that Packers like I'm not saying to you know, absolutely Schleeterer bomb Dallas. We wanted to close our game and so to pay. But football's better when the Packers were good. Football's better when the Giants are.
Speaker 2: Good, you know. Like so just these young kids, and I looked at c. J. Stroud. I know that that.
Speaker 3: Moment for him and Amiko Ryans. It's just, you know, we've talked about it. I don't know why I need to keep putting a you know, a footnote on every time I say this, but like, these are people, and you root for people, and I know that, Yes, there's part of our job where it's like your objective of course, because you're covering both teams, especially for you, But like I just root for individuals and like, good for you, Jordan Love, good for you. C what who just threw an almost Josh Allen was almost picked. This podcast is taping. We would never normally be taping in the middle of a football game, but that Buffalo game was moved and what's the score now it's twenty one.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be this second to twenty three, left, fourth and seven.
Speaker 2: So you have a big week and I'm gonna come over now.
Speaker 1: I'm getting botox tomorrow to think, Oh cute, I see a little.
Speaker 3: Do you ever wax in the middle of your eyebrows in that up here?
Speaker 2: Can I be honest?
Speaker 1: I haven't waxed my eyebrows in forever. I just and I feel like, what are we doing? Pluck going, Yeah, I'm plucking. I just feel like it's kind of stopped growing, which is also frightening because one of my other girlfriends has talked to me about them going gray and losing them and I'm like, oh my god, this tapp blood. So I've been doing a little serum. But yeah, I'm really excited about botox on Tuesday. Can't wait to get shot up in the middle of the face. After I saw myself in the Cowboys, very dim locker or dim bathroom stall. As I was going to go potty, and I was like, whoa, I need a couple of whatever they call it right here.
Speaker 2: Well, I asked about the waxing, because I don't normally I wax my.
Speaker 3: You know, when I go to Lyn's, it's one stop shopping. I mean, one step away from a rhinoplasty when I leave that place, you know. But she went, she's taken liberties. Now she's getting real comfortable. I have a great relationship with my nail technician. She's practically family. But she just starts doing things and she waxed in between my eyebrows. And I don't like that because I'll break out. And now I've got all these little bumps.
Speaker 2: Right here, yeah, and I'll pick them. What are we doing? Lynn?
Speaker 3: And it's like I have a rash? Me and Mac we've got a rat a rash.
Speaker 1: What do you call those things that the professionals used to get the blackheads out?
Speaker 2: A lancet, a lancer, hold on lancing lancing, a lance lance like you and I want to.
Speaker 1: Use it really bad on this, But I got a ship down with Jordan Love.
Speaker 2: I got the forty nine ers sit down with Jordan Love. That'll be fun. Yeah, I'm just what a cutie when oh you have to do that?
Speaker 3: You got you need to get off this podcast and start passing right now because you gotta go.
Speaker 2: This girl's busy, all right. I love you. I'm not gonna call you. Let me watch the game and then i'll call you. Wait for it.
Speaker 1: I have to shoot a reel. I'm so bad at hey.
Speaker 2: No, this is not good.
Speaker 3: Aaron and I sign up for these things, so whatever it comes through, because we've got bills to pay, we're always like, yep, fine, we'll do it.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know.
Speaker 1: It's like when I'm so tired and want to watch football.
Speaker 3: Then there's the moment where it's like, hey, Nrginia, it's reminder at the top of your emails, and now here we are, and I don't know how these women do these things. On the morning it's not working, and now we're it's a video mashup. But then we can have the audio and one thing, they're making it so hard and I always feel so lame doing them, and then you send it. You're like, Okay, great, I did it. I send it in they're like, so you forgot to add the verbiage of this and that, and I'm like, God, damn it. Now I'm having to do it and it's not worth it. And then finally, my friend, I don't want money. I don't want money.
Speaker 2: I don't want any I need the money. The animals need to be fed. But I just I hate it. I'm so bad at them. I'm really sorry you have to do that right now. Good luck to you. It's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: You guys, for whoever I met in Detroit over the weekend, I love you, guys. We cannot wait to do a live show. I really doing this now.
Speaker 2: I wonder if no one shows up though, Oh shut up. I love you guys.
Speaker 3: Erin. I'm very proud of you. You look fantastic and I know you're in it. Go team, Go playoffs.
Speaker 2: Baby, get it, mama, and I'll be down to watch.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 1: Okay, Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, woll Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: MHM