Speaker 1: Lebron has chosen one tatto normally when guys have nicknames to have him tatty on himself. Do you have King of RB tattling?
Speaker 2: I got a king on my leg though, but I got that way before I said I was King R and B L like okay, like I would.
Speaker 3: Have said, it's I think it's so much. Yeah, I did that when I was like eighteen, but I think they could.
Speaker 1: That looked like you drew that one.
Speaker 4: All my life, grinding all my life, sacrifights, hustle, Pa Price, One slice got the Brothers sat all my life, Poppy grinding all my life, all my life and grinning all my life, sacrifights, hustle, Bat Pryson, One Slice got the Brodeis swat all my life.
Speaker 3: I been grinding all my life.
Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to another edition of Club Shah. I am the host also the reprid of Club Sha Sha, and the guy that's stopping by for a drink and conversation is a Georgia Board singer. I love having guys from the A. A songwriter, rapper, choreographer, dancer, multi platinum star, self proclaim King of R and B from the A jack Keys brock Jock queen. If I the only one to.
Speaker 2: Get that wrong, everybody, nah nah, everybody, Cause see you came back right and said queen queen.
Speaker 1: So it's good Jock queeze. Yes, brother, how you do it?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: But you know, anytime we have somebody on the show, especially like your talent, we always toast. We got to toast the third album.
Speaker 3: Okay, put the third album. And you said, rapher, I'm a.
Speaker 1: Singer the king R and B King R and B. Yeah, no rapping, no rapping.
Speaker 3: I did have a top twenty song this rap, I mean top thirty, but I'm not a rapper.
Speaker 1: So that means me and you talented exactly. Cheer up. Yeah, you say, there's been a minute since you've been on that brown so we may not drank too much of that.
Speaker 3: Bruh.
Speaker 1: You told me you just got up the road. You're in Sacramento with a Breuke Duval, Monica Trey Songs. Oh yeah, San Francisco, yep, San Francisco. How was that?
Speaker 3: It was? Good? Man? The Bay Area always show up.
Speaker 2: I've been performing in the Bay Area since about two thousand sixteen, so we was in the arena this time. You know the same spot with stepped on play Chasing Chasing and had it sold out. It was crazy, man, Like I l I loved it. It was a good experience.
Speaker 1: Man. You was telling me about Okay, you're exactly produced by Future and you got a new bar, a new bar opened up in Stone Crests Wine and Taples Bar. But when we were talking off camera, you're like, bruh, I had to put some food on the menu.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, had to cause you know us we ain't coming enough for the for the crackers and the cheese, right right. We want the shrimping grits, the the salmon bits, you know, the street corn.
Speaker 1: You know you got it like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got out of there.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how why you call it wine and tample because you gotta full menu.
Speaker 2: I mean cause you know when you come in there, we had the crackers and cheese laid out cause it's some people that want the wine and the cheese. But like I say, like, you get to looking too hard and you get to see in that shrimping grits and you stomach get to going and you get them on that you.
Speaker 1: Wor that exactly, So what made you decide to open a place like that. You frought. Like you said, you're from the age, You're born and raised, and you're like, you know what, I think people my age, my vibe, wanna feel this. This is the feeling. This the this the vibe.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm from the east Side and Stone Crests on the east Side. I'm from Western Chaplin, you know, mkay, yeah, yeah, chop yeah, I'm from the chap So, so you know what I'm from right there, you know, being from that side, we always have to go downtown to like feel fancy or feel ill again or something like that. So I'm like, man, I wanna bring this to the east Side, cause we got some people over here that fly that deserve to, you know, not travel so far that she have it right here in the neighborhood. So I partnered up with a lady named Venika Marx and we started to wind and tappas lounge.
Speaker 3: She already had it going, you know.
Speaker 2: I I just put my two cents in on it to you kind of take it to another level and we offer people some jobs in the community. You know, I feel real good about that, you know, letting people in on it. And it's still a cool thing, cause it's like people get to see me up there, Like you get to come up there and actually see me not being an artist.
Speaker 3: You get to see me being Jack Queetson. I'm like, oh yeah, real.
Speaker 2: Talk the owner, and it's like it get people a different insight on me, and I think it just bring me closer to my fans.
Speaker 3: So I think it's something real good for the community.
Speaker 1: You've been in the game for over a decade. How you feeling about your career thus far?
Speaker 3: Man been in the ben in a game for over a decade. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good about my career of course, you know, it's other levels that I wanna reach.
Speaker 3: Kay, you know, I was just I was just reading a message from my pops this morning.
Speaker 2: He takes me at like six, He like, Man, I just wanna tell La Man, and uh, don't stop for shooting for the stars, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, yeah, for show, I ain't gonna never stop shooting shooting for the stars.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Of course, we always feel like we could be bigger. You know that's I I think that's everybody that's great.
Speaker 3: But I believe in God, so I know his time is perfect.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, Okay, if this position I'm in right now, you know, I know I got ways to go, and it make me feel good cause I know I haven't reached my peak at all.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, I'm twenty eight years old. I got a long way to go.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out how did you just decide to come up with the King of R and B? Because you know, there's gonna be a lot of pushback because they're like, hold on, wait a minute. You just gotten this thing a decade. Bruh. They've been people doing this twenty thirty year and you gonna call yourself to King of R and B? Why did you decide to come up with that title?
Speaker 3: Man? Really, I was on the road, okay.
Speaker 2: I had just left a show. I had did like two shows on one day. It was some radio shows and I was I was in the car on their way to the next uh airport to leave that UH city, right, And they was like, man, there was Jock Queize uh that just shut down the stage. It was a radio show and they like, man, he just killed it. That's really the King of R and B. Like, if you got kids like he the King R and B for this generation.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I went in the airport and I was just by myself, you know, just telling it. It was on my mind. It was on my mind, you feel me.
Speaker 2: So I just pulled out my camera like, you know what, man, I'm the king of Army for this generation. And I think it went over everybody head because I actually said for this generation, right, you know.
Speaker 3: But the conversation sparked so much heat and it was crazy. You know.
Speaker 2: Everybody say, you know, R and B dead and the R and B that, but it's like you think about it, I really brought the conversation like to the forefront. M you know, people start going on the King of R and B tours. They got shows called Queen's of R and B. Like they just the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I had people that was talking about me that I never knew back at the on me like, man, I'm talking about Bobby Brown said.
Speaker 3: So I'm like that ain't that hard, you know, Even though no matter what they said, I.
Speaker 2: Was just happy that they was a exactly you know, I was just happy that my name was in they mouth, you know, and it and it worked.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was the biggest thing.
Speaker 2: That I ever did in my career, cause it it It just did so much for me, Like that was the biggest press I coulda ever had. Right, Nobody ever told me, like, hey, say you're the King R and B. Only thing somebody told me to do is name my album net cause I wasn't gonna name.
Speaker 3: My album to King R and B.
Speaker 2: Right, But a lady named Rachelle from my team, she was like, you should name your album King R and B down because if you don't name it King AR and B down, you don't cause all that rougets When somebody else do it, you gonna be mad and you can never do it again.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, let me just take my shot now, and I did it, and I took whatever came with it.
Speaker 1: Well, who was your competition? And this generation R B the King of BARB? But who's the competition?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I've been doing it for so long or like you gotta think like I've been dropping mixtape since two thousand ten or something like that, right, you know, So I came from the mixtape era, like before streaming and all that, like back when I was giving people my CDs, back when you can go on live mixtapes and that piels and download 'em. So I feel a lot different about who I am as a artist, more so than other artists that just came in a game. But like, no disrespect to them, but I feel like my ground was harder like it it. It wasn't like go viral back then. It was like get out in the streets seeing, let's see what's going on. You couldn't just go viral, right, But I respect the viral in this because I go viral these days, you know.
Speaker 3: But I know where I got it from.
Speaker 2: And I just know me putting in that work for all those years, and those my fans growing up with me for all those times. Like you gotta understand, these girls that was fourteen now they like twenty eight. They got kids, right, and they like, man, I don't have these kids to your museum exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's like I'm a part of their life. Sound change.
Speaker 2: So it's different from me, you know what I'm saying. So I just feel like that about myself in the generation.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, Okay, t I called himself the king of the South. Lebron is the king. I mean, Lebron has chosen one tatter normally when guys have nicknames to have them tatttered on himself. Do you have King of BARB patted?
Speaker 3: I got a king on my leg though, But I got that way before I said I was King.
Speaker 1: Of R and B.
Speaker 3: Like okay, like I wouldn't said it's I think it's so much. Yeah, I did that when I was like eighteen, But I think.
Speaker 1: They could have looked like you drew that one.
Speaker 3: He drew that if I get tad that early, you know yea, but I had to get it.
Speaker 2: I've been calling myself like king and want to be a king, you know what I'm saying. So I just feel like it was all written right.
Speaker 1: You talked about it earlier. And I've heard a lot of people say R and B is dead, R and B is dead, R and B is dead? Is R and B? And is R and B dead? Or what can if it's not dead? I mean, obviously people it's not. I don't know. I don't want to say it's not what it once was. But seeming like everybody is the little all the seven little guys, that little baby, little dirt, little this little that, and you know you're e all the guys you know, so it's it's R and B dad, or what's going on with R and B.
Speaker 3: I don't think R and B dead. But you know the difference between rap and R and B.
Speaker 2: Right, you'll have the top R and B guys, but they won't collaborate, right, but you'll have the top rap guys and they'll collaborate.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's something about R and B that I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, Like I just I just was around a bunch of the R and B guys at the Rock Nation brunch and I'm trying to break everybody.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like bruh, let do it like let's you know, it's getting them something real and I mean it's it's there. But you know what I'm saying, it's different from the rappers, cause the rappers, you know, we like, let do it and we go do.
Speaker 1: It, right, But the singers ain't no rapper though.
Speaker 3: But I but but I came up like that. Okay, you know I was in every rap camp. You know what I'm saying to cash money? Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And look at where I'm from, you know, and the people that I grew up around it's just in me the way I move Like I'm a R and B singer for show, I'm smooth to death, right, But when it come to the way I handle business more so sometimes I I probably would handle it like a rapper, cause more so than singles with rappers, Rappers might not tell you the talk to their manager. Rappers might just be like, let's go get it in right, versus the singer might be like, man, how let my an R and how let my manager and all that?
Speaker 1: You like time, and there's so many people involved they go to an By the time they get back to you, that's like, nah, we're not gonna be able to do that, Like.
Speaker 2: It's water down, bruh. Cause I was really coming to you genuinely, like I was coming to you to rock with you, like I like your music, but I actually was trying to get to know you as a person so we could rock, right.
Speaker 3: But now it's like, Ann, I don't even like something like that no more.
Speaker 1: You just that quick? You know what I'm saying? What what drew you to R and B?
Speaker 3: What drew me the arm?
Speaker 1: Do you listen to a lot of R and B when you growing up? Cause you know in the southe you growing up, you know Teddy pend the Grass and you know Hal Melvin and all those guys. I mean, that's what you you cleaning the house, you listen to R and B. It wasn't no rep going on back in the day.
Speaker 3: My sister was a big fan of the King of R and B. You know, she was a huge fan of him. You know, she's had all his pictures. She used to play all the music.
Speaker 2: So I feel like by me hearing that and seeing my sister like that, it kind of got in me a little bit. Of course, I love Michael Jackson, right and uh David ruffin the Temptations and things like that, but just what I grew.
Speaker 3: Up around, like and my mama.
Speaker 2: My mama played a lot of the Issley Brothers. She played a lot of Earth Wind and Fire. Yes, my mama played the the the Gems. And I go to my aunty house and she'll play the radio a lot out here.
Speaker 3: J Wine on the radio. Just all that.
Speaker 2: I feel like it brought me to it. But what really inspired me the most, I think it was the child Michael Jackson. Like when I seen him as a kid, I'm like, dang, Like that's Michael Jackson as a kid and I was young at the time, so I'm like, I feel like I can do that. I got into my first talent show at nine years old and I won, and after I won, I was just like, I could really become this.
Speaker 3: I wanted oh four, I did. I ain't do it on five cause I felt like the star. You know.
Speaker 2: I went to middle school, did it in six one and six sem eighth, ninth after I wanted ninth grade.
Speaker 3: I'm like, i'm'a get somebody else's shot, That's what.
Speaker 2: And that's when I start getting into the real recording studio and stuff, and you know, start making my name as a artist. Jacquize cause I was always just Jacqueize from the neighborhood right with the bracest who can sing, right, you know, That's who I was.
Speaker 3: And I took it to Jocquie on YouTube. Then jah Quiz will block or joaquisc wodn't or now John Quiz will cash win and Jacquez's on TZ like who took it all? The wheel?
Speaker 1: Is that one of the things that now is because you can use it and and you said you wanted to be up on an umbrella, but a lot of people like, you know, we can do this thing independent. We got YouTube, We got other avenues that we can put I we can d display our talents without having to go to a uh A big recording uh entity. What made you decide? OK, obviously you got start on YouTube, but what made you decide to say, you know what, nah, I want the umbrella?
Speaker 3: Man? What happened was? I remember I was I was leaving l from uh Lavista road Okay, you know Livista.
Speaker 2: I was leaving from La Vista Road, man, And I was it was like two thousand fourteen, and I was with my manager Jonathan.
Speaker 3: We had just dropped my project nineteen nineteen. Was going crazy. It was one of my biggest projects to this day.
Speaker 2: And I remember I was telling Johnson, like, man, we got a lot of new artists coming out, but they s they going straight to TV and radio. I'm like, we killing it on the internet, you know, And I got a fan base, but I'm like, we gotta get on the radio and the and the TV screen. We didn't have no knowledge of how to do it at the time, right, you know, we fresh in this like we just we just knew, Like my manager's brand new I'm the first artist he managed.
Speaker 3: Of course he dealt with other artists, but I'm the first one. He really like put his hand all the way in.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, So we knew together. So I'm like, man, I gotta call somebody. I end up calling rich On my Cory and Daddy Kay Corey, and I'm like, man, Corey, I wanna get with rich Game, Like I see what Corn and Thug doing, Like, I wanna.
Speaker 3: Get with y'all.
Speaker 2: He like, man, that's crazy. I'm a burry Man right now right, I'm like for real? He like yeah, I'm like, he like, send me a song. I end up sending him a song called Soldier that me and Korn.
Speaker 3: Had did, and uh, he was like. He called me back.
Speaker 2: He was like, man, send me the video, and I send him in the video. And on the next call it was birry Man. Birdman was like, man, don't even trip young youeinn. I'm'a put you down. And i'm'a put you down with this, and I was like, you know, I knew his voice. I'm like, yam this burd Man for real? I just made it happen.
Speaker 3: I went and met Birdman. I got to deal, you know.
Speaker 2: So it was just more so all the artists that was coming in, I feel like they was kind of taking a step over me. But I knew my work, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, I gotta get with some people that could put me on the level that they get into, right. And so that's why I decided to sign with bird Man. I used to always say as a kid, I wanted sound kashun too.
Speaker 1: So it was just Al Ritt because I don't think bird Man had a whole lot of R and B. It's all rap for him, right, It's all rap.
Speaker 2: I I can't remember a male R and B artist that was signed. I think they had they had a female that was that uh used to sing with Ric James.
Speaker 3: What was her name? Used to sing with Ric James?
Speaker 1: Not Teena Marie Tina Marie was started a Kashman really, I think so yeah, he could say, I mean even don't realize it. I mean when I first heard her, I thought she was black, Yeah, of course, and she was. And she's only like five to two and with a voice of a seven foot tall woman that weighed four hundred pounds, but she could just flat out blow blow one of the greatest R and B singers. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it is not gonna get his recognition because of what transpired off the stage. No matter what you're thinking about it. I I believe you can separate the two. You can say you're appalled and grow and angered and saddened by the things that he did off but there's no denying that R. Kelly, the way he could sing and the way he could write, that's nothing to debate. Do you feel that he will get his proper recognition ever because of what transpired or will he be forgotten?
Speaker 2: And like you said, you said we separated the person. We separated the man from the artist. We strictly talking about art, Yes, we strictly talking about art. I believe that when they talk about the art, that they'll talk about R. Kelly because it's so many people in the world that's done. There's so many other things, right, you know, we totally against what the man did, right, But as the artist, I believe that that they'll talk about him. You know, he's a he's a he's a he's a great with what he's done. Like I was just talking yesterday, I believe I could fly. It's one of the greatest songs in the world. Yeah, Like, you could play that song at a graduation, you play it in church, you play the Lady wedding, you could play it wherever you know, and it's gonna inspire you. And that's what music's supposed to do. It's supposed to inspire you and make you feel good.
Speaker 3: And he was. He was good at making those type of songs.
Speaker 1: Like if I were to say, okay, give me your m Mount rushmore R and B singers, I mean, you can do this generation you could do. I'm just talking about the greatest, four of the greatest R and B singers. Who you putting up there?
Speaker 3: It's Mike R and B oh pop pop yeah, king of pop?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, so art the artist. I gotta say r.
Speaker 1: Kelly okay Usher okay, wow ya Okay, my list looking pretty good right there? My list looking good.
Speaker 3: I'm putting Chris Brown up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, uh I got one more R.
Speaker 3: And B like killing it Jack Queeze.
Speaker 1: Okay. I ain't mad at her, I ain't mad at you. I'm sorry Ron Asley, he left you off. Bruh. I I would have done that. That what I would have together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, damn package.
Speaker 1: Right and I had Max with Okay, what about women?
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta go. It's Whitney R and B u h Yeah, I gotta go Whitney Houston Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Okay, Damn, i'ma doing good at this day.
Speaker 3: Uh, Mary j Ah bad look at it.
Speaker 1: I got three for three.
Speaker 2: H i'm'a just go ahead and say R and B women. Huh cause ericaba do not R and B humh Nah, that's like soul New York school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna just say faith.
Speaker 1: Okay, faith the.
Speaker 3: Mary j.
Speaker 1: I mean you got three.
Speaker 3: I'm'a i'm'a put.
Speaker 1: What w what we would consider Mariah pop pop?
Speaker 3: And then I ain't na ane ill pop. I think kay Marian carry pop.
Speaker 1: I mean, you dang, this is your list. What I'm saying, not throw.
Speaker 3: 'e right on here?
Speaker 2: Nah, keep faith on him, keep faith on my list. Okay, Rian Carrey, I don't know shit.
Speaker 1: But I feel good. I got I got three. I mean you can name three on my three. So I feel pretty good boy this Okay? Oh, Tory Lanes, Okay, you close with him? Yeah? What transpired is tragic, sad, definitely shouldn't have happened, shun abordable facts. Have you talked to him? You got still close? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We still close. I ain't. I ain't talk to Tori though I tried to talk to him, right, but I ain't talk to him.
Speaker 2: You know, I was with him through the periods of everything, you know, cause we real friends, right, you know what I'm saying, that's my brother. But uh, I ain't talk to him since. But of course you know, I still holler these people make sure he okay, right, and things like that.
Speaker 1: How how do how do you? How do how do you avoid things of that nature? Because you look you you y, you kick R and B. I mean you can uh easily. I mean you go out, you're having a good time. Maybe you have too much brown, or you have too much wh whatever the case may be, you find yourself in a situation. How have you been able to avoid some of the pitfalls that we see so many of the other entertainers.
Speaker 3: Well for me, f you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think you know, cause we none of us really know what happened at night right with Meg and Toy, you know, But just speaking on myself, I keep my handlers around me and people that love me you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, like, I got a lot of older people around me, right, you know, so we all trip sometimes.
Speaker 2: You know, I could have too much ya can get the tripping, or I could just be talking too much and need to get out the room. So I have people around me that's gonna make sure I'm always staying who I need to be right, you know, and they gonna know how to eliminate the people in the room who don't need to be.
Speaker 1: There, right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I got my aunt with me, I got bright with you know. I got people that have been around me for forever. You know, it's not no new people. So they not around me just like, oh that's Jock Quez.
Speaker 3: I can't tell him nothing. They like, why I slap you in the head? L like what you on? Right, Like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So just what I tell a lot of athletes and people all the time have people around you to tell you what you need to know and not what you wanna hear exactly, And it's not always easy, nah, because a lot of people that you have around you, they get to go to the club and they get to experience things because of you. Exactly. Now, if they tell you the truth and you get upset all of a sudden that riot stops. So do I really tell Queasy you know? He he he he I it this awful? Do I just like, let just go with the flow and keep this thing going. But you say you've surrounded yourself with people that sincerely have your best interest in mind. That's just like my mama.
Speaker 3: My MoMA got mad at me, like last week, she got mad at me, like like, but you gotta.
Speaker 2: Think like some people, Mama are just like they'll get to a level where they feel like they done parenting, so that right, so they kid might do something they just it's not even concerned, or they might just not even be concerned because of what the child brings to the.
Speaker 3: Table, right ye see, my mama don't care about none of that.
Speaker 1: N Right.
Speaker 2: See, I did something last week and my mama cut me off for like two days, right you.
Speaker 3: Know, and I'm like, dang, yeah, but she like I can't.
Speaker 2: You know, my mama don't play that, right, you feel me like yeah, And that keep me grounded too, because of course, you know, when you real, you don't never want your mama to be upset with you.
Speaker 3: Cause when we love our mama so much so Mama mad that you beat you can't even eat right s. I'm like that, ru for real.
Speaker 1: So it just keep me grinding the start when the child become grown.
Speaker 3: That's what my mama always say. She always tell us, like you I you my baby.
Speaker 2: I mean like you ain't no little bob, but you my baby's I'll be like, alright, and it just keep me grounding.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That's how my whole team is like, from my.
Speaker 2: DJ to my security to everybody around me. They never gonna just let none slide right. It's always gonna be like bruh, you chip right, or like we we finished.
Speaker 3: They don't care what you talking about, y but.
Speaker 1: You also close you close the thug gunner. And obviously when you're playing a cl uh uh attention to what's going on in Atlanta? Have you talked to those guys that be spoken to 'em keeping their heads up, keeping their heads up?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't necessarily get to speak to it myself.
Speaker 2: But I I knew how they was doing, you know, from people that I knew inside, right, you know, And of course I'm very tight with the family.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I I spoke the thud mom, not too long ago. I speak to his sister's probably like every other day, right, dolliyan door. We been close since the beginning, cause, of course, you know, we all came through the door together with Ridge Gang, right, so we all well was with cash money at the same time. We all came from nothing to something at the same time. So we I feel like we'll keep our relationship fever. And of course, you know, every day I'm praying for Thud, you know, and I just keep my faith alive that you know, he'll be right back out here.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, when when when we're gonna talk the d took the deal, people automatically assume he snached, he rolled, he got paper. Now, I mean, how did how did I mean, have your relationship changed because one is still in and the others out.
Speaker 2: Well, I think for me it was it was more so a thing with all of us, whereas like everybody kind of did they own thing. We a l like m most times I only see them when it was all of us, right, So it was was sor a thing, whereas like I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking to him, I'm talking here, I'm talking him, I'm talking here.
Speaker 2: We hanging out separately, right, it was always a we together, We together, It's all one family, you know, So we was always together.
Speaker 3: So one thing I always been good at.
Speaker 2: Cause since I've Donna cash money, it's been so much controversy, you know, from the time I came in with the Burnyman and Wayne thing to now this situation. Is like I've always known how to stay in my position right because I always knew if I stayed in my position, you never know what's gonna happen up top. And I always never tried to be some of them not So I'm not gonna dive into conversations. I know I'm not supposed to be in right, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm a i'm'a allow the world to work, and i'm'a allow things to happen that's supposed to happen, you know. And once everything's come back together, I'll be right in my place cause I never shift its side all.
Speaker 3: I stayed right here and just side.
Speaker 2: I just waited for everything, and I'm a little bruh r. That's how I've been the whole time. You know, in every situation, I always been joc quezs And I think people respect me so much cause they know, I got my own mind, right, Like I could be in a room full of killers, y know, I could be in a room full of business men, I could be in a room full of inn But I i'm'a have my own mind no matter what situation I'm in.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying? Like period?
Speaker 1: Right, do you believe Gonna can get back to the top of the music game?
Speaker 3: I believe God can work miracles. Right?
Speaker 1: You also qua uh Uh was close with the Migos.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Quevo still close obviously, uh. And he said that once take Off lost his life tragically, uh, that the Migos were no more that obviously something transpired between Quebo and Offset. Yeah, that caused them to go their separate ways. Have you spoken the Quabo since take Off the pass of the tragic passing of of of Uh take Off? Yah? And do you believe they can mend the fence and become a a and get back together again? Well?
Speaker 3: I spoke to Quebo, I spoke office.
Speaker 2: You know, I hang with both of 'em, right, And you know, of course RP take Off that was my brothers, right, you know, we were like cousins or something. You know what I'm saying, But with them, they so close, man, you know, and the industry paints so many pictures that it's hard to believe what you read, right, So for me more so with them, you know, we grew up together for real, like before the industry, Like we was outside together like mm shooting dice in each other's shoes, like, you know, like literally friends. Like I had to learn how to call them boys by their stage names, right, Like I had to like practice.
Speaker 3: It right, like I'll say, I'll say, I'll say.
Speaker 2: Cause I'm used to call them kiyai, right, you know. So from them doing whatever they doing, I believe it could be worked out because once again, that's a family situation, right, and you never want to be an outsider, even though that's my family comedy. I don't wanna step in from the outside, and then they get back close and they leave me on the outside, right, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I'm gonna let don't handle what they handle. I handle both of them separately, right. I pray for them any day, cause it's it's always better together, you know what I'm saying. But you know, I love them, and I believe one day they'll be back on that stage doing they doing what they love together.
Speaker 3: Cause that's how that's how we came in.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm looking at you. So you grew up on the East side of Future, within your neighborhood, so there was a lot of guys that when you were growing up and you was like running around you probably seven at eight nine years old? What did you want to be?
Speaker 3: I want to be a singer, that's what you all.
Speaker 1: No sports? I wanna sing?
Speaker 3: I play sports. I gotta hoghlight on YouTube. Yeah, I was five.
Speaker 2: I had the Florida Games coach out there in my high school already when I was in tenth grade.
Speaker 3: He was already out there looking at me.
Speaker 1: You was about that.
Speaker 3: I was hard then.
Speaker 2: You know what really made me feel good? I found out uh later on who uh Jack Us Rodgers was. Remember Jack said he bout my height, right, So I was like, oh, it's I could do it for real, right, So I was taking that serious. But the reason I stopped playing football was my coach left the school. And once my coach left the school, when our players died, it was just a lot going on. So I was like, I gotta do what I know I'm great at like I'm good at football, but I'm great at singing. So let me go ahead and stop playing with y'all.
Speaker 1: So from the time you, yeah, you was football this thing, So w was football more because football is more like a friend thing or my whole boy play. Oh man, you go to p Yeah, let's go to PRAC. Let's go do this and do that. Singing is a if something. I mean, especially like, oh you're not in the group, right, that's a lonely business. It's all you by yourself all the time, trying to get better, I mean s.
Speaker 2: For me, sports it was cool cause I had a best friend, my boy Devin. He was the man and he was the one and two bad. I knew he was better than me, right, But I still like being with Devin cause it's like he.
Speaker 3: He he run his way. I'm'a do that one, right, you feel me? We two different type of.
Speaker 1: Bats, right.
Speaker 2: So for me, it was like, Okay, I know Devin better than me in football. He the man in football, like I'm the I'm the man in football, but singing, I'm just the man.
Speaker 3: It was easy to t e. It was just easy to choose run around the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Everybody rallied around me because I was good in football too, Like we like we used to play two hand touch, right, and.
Speaker 3: I could you care about it?
Speaker 2: That's what really made me wanna play middle school ball, cause of course, like anybody else in the hood, your daddy gonna make you play sports, right. So I slick hated football at first because I was forced to play right, But once I got good in the neighborhood, I'm like, Okay, this is what I like to do.
Speaker 3: But on the other hand, my mama was super down with the.
Speaker 2: Music, take me to schools to perform and doing different things.
Speaker 3: I was just like music more so fence men.
Speaker 2: I'm super good at it, and I had my whole community really banking on me, right, really literally, Like I used to go in the beauty sluns the OGLB with me like who saying something like and me and you walking down the street. You like, man, Then my nephew hit it, and I just hit it. That's just how it used to be, right, you know. So I knew, like this is my real calling.
Speaker 1: You know, you say you grow Uh your first job was sweeping up at the barber shop. Yeah, you sing out in front of Kroger. Yeah, so being basically I mean you like, okay, you in front of Kroger. I mean people like you. Man, you could really sing, you c you should, you should like do something with this.
Speaker 2: It was a guy I was out there singing one day, cause this back when the payphones used to be outside the grocery store, and they had the benches out there in stru right, and I remember me and all my partners were stand out there on the bench or something and I might just hit it, you know what I'm saying. I remember out there hitting it one day, just singing. A guy named is Squize come up to me and he like, man, you could sing like you hard like. He like, man, I'm finna put you with somebody. This guy named Dix RP.
Speaker 3: Decks lead.
Speaker 2: He was my first manager. He passed away though, so his Squezey was like, man, don't put you with him. I'm in the eighth grade, so I'm like that at the time, I'm singing with my homeboy.
Speaker 3: His name was Joe.
Speaker 2: Joe was super hard in the hood. Like Joe, he was writing all the music, but he could sing, you know what I'm saying. He was my age too. So I'm like, bet, i'm'a come to a student. I'ma bring my boy Joe. So now I got a opportunity to go to the studio. So now I'm I'm I'm about to go to the studio. I remember, uh, I think one of my older cousins took me on my sister, but I remember No, Dix took me dex Lee.
Speaker 3: I remember we went and tried to pick up one of my homeboys.
Speaker 2: Cause now that I know I'm going to the studio, I'm tryna put my home boys from school on right, I'm like, bruh, come to the studio. I'm'a let you rap up my song. Cause we had been wrote the song. Was like, we're finna go record it.
Speaker 3: We'd go to record the song.
Speaker 2: Basically, when my partner heart I tried to put on the song, he end up choking, but me and Joe end up killing it. We end up making a three song demo, and that three song demo took me from Kroger to Cross Atlanta. You know, it took me from Kroger to block in t I was signing a bad boy South at first. When I first came in at fifteen, I went from Bad Boy South to think it's a game entertainment, right, you know, from think it's a game entertainment.
Speaker 3: I went to cash money. So just from singing in front of Kroger, you know, it took me to where I end the day.
Speaker 2: But if I wanna never believe it myself and got out there and just singing, and if my neighborhood woulda never pushed me to that point, I probably.
Speaker 3: Would have never been.
Speaker 1: And they start to finish, huh.
Speaker 3: It's a finish. So many other guys were doing so many other things.
Speaker 2: That's why I look everybody from the barber shop because that was like the safe place. You know how the barbershop used to be is like everybody would protect you, like they wouldn't let you get into nothing.
Speaker 3: Like if they seeing guys going left, they'll make sure you go right. Yeah, And that's that's how my whole life was.
Speaker 1: That was the village and I and I I spoke to their dealer with talking about job and not to get too far cut, but you know when in in the community, young fella was cursed son. Don't curse you too young to curse that son. Don't smoke no sick. Why are you smoking sick. We were too young, y son. While you stealing that, i'm'a tell you now, go home and tell you mom. It was always we were policing each other exactly. But I think somehow along the way, y'all, I mean, parents started becoming try to become friends. My grandparents weren't trying to be no friends. M The dynamic won't ever change. You're the child, I'm the adult. We're gonna stay in that relationship role. I think it's becomes very, very hard to be a parent when you're trying to be a friend. And what we had where adults were adulting doing adult things and kids stayed in their place.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Your mom was in the military. Yeah, damn, you got everything? What nah she just say eight or make sure that both make sure that bed. See.
Speaker 3: I got two sisters, okay, so they did everything.
Speaker 1: They older than you.
Speaker 3: I got a big sister, Risey, and I got my little sister Miracle.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So my mama was one of the f you know, like you gotta think like she slick, like she slick raisers by herself a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was slick, just hurt like you know what I'm saying. But she got married two thousand three. Of course my pops was dead before that, but it was kind of just hurt. But my sisters, they was good girls. Like I ain't have to worry about my sisters running across the street.
Speaker 3: To the boy house right doing all that.
Speaker 2: So my mama, we had so much respect for her cause of what how much she was doing. We ain't even wanna do nothing right, you know what I'm saying. Like even when I started trying to do stuff in high school and different, suff like that. She just used to hit me in my chests and he used to make me just like not wanna do nothing like you know, I ain't.
Speaker 3: I ain't. She ain't used to have to whoop me. She just could like catch me off guard. She two in my chests or that. It used to make me feel so bad and that shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It used to work though, you know, but my mama, I never just wanted to we we never wanted to do nothing out of the un support.
Speaker 3: Nah, never that that that was the thing.
Speaker 2: And then she used to reward us like she was be like, man, so y'all gonna make a's and b's, I'd buy some shoes, like, hit.
Speaker 3: You something you like, I'd get you something, you know.
Speaker 2: I used to want all the joinings, right, So I'm in school, tryna get a's and b's for real. I had never made a seat toil like, but I had never got a seat to like my s like probably like my senior year. Wow, real to I was a b un a roll the whole up, and I was uh. I graduated top ten percent of my class with the chords on my neck and out that I couldna went to any college. I was smart, right, I was supposed to be the valedictorian. But see the y my eleventh grade year, I end up doing online classes tryna do music. And then something happened where I didn't do one class and it brought my GPA from like a F three.
Speaker 3: Point nine to like a three point four. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Right, So you told your teachers and your mom. Was your mom disappointed when you told her, because as you said, you're you're a great student. Yeah, your m you told your mom to mom? I uh, and the college thing ain't for me. I'm gonna pursue. I'm gonna pursue this dream of mind.
Speaker 2: Nah, she know I wasn't going to college, like my mama knew, Like if I woulda went, it woulda been my choice. But see, my mama knew I one of them kids, like if I'm thinking it, I could make it happen, cause I had made so much happen in high school, right Like I was already on the radio.
Speaker 3: In high school. I had a show called the Team Report. It was on V one O three. So every Saturday, I would.
Speaker 2: Go to the radio station and I would report everything that's going on in every high school. So if y'all needed new computers, if y'all ceilings was messed up, if y'all don't like the cafeteria food, whatever y'all want. I I get everything y'all want. And I go on the radio Saturday and be like, man, make ne'er need new ceilings. You know, child's high school. We need new computers.
Speaker 3: D d D D da da dah. We did it.
Speaker 2: I I was the child that I mean, I was a student that used to go to the to the board for the board meetings, you know, for the school.
Speaker 3: Like I was a good kid right all the way up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, right, So it seemed to me, you put all of your eggs in one basket, this music basket. Didn't have a plan B, no C, no d A. This gotta work.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to my uncle about that. He just reminded me by that today. I was like, I didn't have a plan B because I wanted to focus so much on play. Hey, I I I literally tried to x jobs out. I went and got a tattoo on my neck when I was thirteen, cause I remember they were saying like, if you get tattoed on your neck, you can't get a job. So I was instantly trying to ax myself out of the job category.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you ain't do that tattoo that on your leg? No, nah bag, I don't like you did that one. Ain't no way, ain't no way, no artist, ain't no way he gonna put his name on now?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: How went man in fourteen and tatted my hands? I remember, I remember my reading was like, y'all pleeezed, why did you do that?
Speaker 1: And what you say?
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I got your mom my mama, honestly, honestly, when I got my neck taped she didn't know I was going, but I always had dreads, So I got.
Speaker 2: It in a spot on my neck where cause she couldn't see her right. If I wore a pony taest, she could see it. If I let the dress down, she couldn't see it. Let the hands, I went and got Fear of God on my hands. Uh, you probably canna be able to read it nice so oh h but fear God on my hands.
Speaker 1: But she didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't even know she noticed that. They fast right, cause it was like I was I was kind of moving by then, and I'm doing shows. I'm probably getting like five hundred dollars a show, right. My boy Bright used to pay me to come to the teen club, you know it. Used to call and be like, we come up here, it's lit. He was like, cause I used to you know how everybody knew me. This what we try to make me go to the next thing. He like, man, come up here, i'm'a get you five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Just do some of your songs. I used to pull up for that five hundred cause at the time, five hundred was a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm used to shoot one bet, one shoot two bet. Three.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So if they talking about they got five hundred, I'm going so this whole hustle. My mom she was just and everybody that, like I say, they was just always with it, the whole everybody. It was always playing a they knew like we gonna make sure joall queese make it like period.
Speaker 1: Right you had a you had a aunt sing with Shirley Season. Yeh, what was that experience? I mean did you talk did you talk to her? You like and and did she give you like something? You can make it? You can? You you really good?
Speaker 3: Well I was young. You gotta think.
Speaker 2: Well, my auntie that was doing that was Shirley Season. Though I was literally a child, see my grandma. I'm a big on gospel to church.
Speaker 1: Yeah thing, you know.
Speaker 2: So I was around a another gospel say her name was Dotty Peoples. So I used to be at the radio station with dotty people's. I used to be everywhere with Dotty Peoples. They probably be with Cherlie Season, only ditty people, right, So I never got a chance to holler at them as an adult, not even as a teenager. I never talked to dotty s since I was a kid, you know, I'm pretty sure she seen me now, like, damn, that's Quei, right, cause.
Speaker 3: Of course they call me Jackuis. Nobody's calling me Jaquis. Back then it was just Qui. We you know. So I know she see jack Quis now and put the face with the name of my family. I know she proud of me.
Speaker 2: But you know, just having that background, I feel like a lot of people pray for me, you know, coming from that church background, I feel like I'm just standing on all they shoulders and all they prayers.
Speaker 1: Talent. You say you've been performing talent shows probably since she was five or six year years of age. Did you ever get nervous?
Speaker 3: MM? I always had butterflies. I don't you know, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I don't get 'em no more though, really not really like these past couple shows I've been knowing, I ain't been having no butterflies, probably cause my set only been fifteen twenty minutes, right, it been so quick and easy. I ain't been having butterflies, but starting off in them beginning, I used to always have butterflies. I knew I would do my thing right, but I was just real jittery. I used to get off the stage every night and ask Bright. I used to be like, I do like what you thinking about you show?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I still do that cause I don't think I'm perfect. I always know its ways to get better. I always ask somebody to record me or something like that so I can come off it and study myself.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you still do that.
Speaker 3: I still do it.
Speaker 2: Bright still record the show every night. I still get off look at the videos, make sure, like I.
Speaker 1: Need to do this better.
Speaker 3: I don't like that cause I'm always trying to get better.
Speaker 1: Your first talent showed, they said, uh you did Michael Jackson had to thro and everything. Yup? You you so I I I'm assuming that you are a huge Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Fan, major Michael Jackson fan, like I was so to the point Michael Jackson. I tried to get a Jerry Carroll. That's the only reason I had the afro wig. My mama wouldn't let me get the Jeri carb We went all the way to the salon and when we got down there and.
Speaker 3: She like, you sure you wanna get a Jerikerr. I'm like yeah, I'm nine years old. I'm like, yes, I wanted she like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know she you know she she'm she won't gonna let me go that far, right, So she let him twist my help in a little twist or whatever like that, and then she was like, just put we gonna go to the music fly and just get the little afro and just do that. She was like, it's gonna work cause we donna have the outfit, like the outfit gonna maker. And she's showing me pixels to make me feel it, right, trying to get me out of the thriller mode back into the child right right cause I'm past that at this point, right.
Speaker 3: But I end up doing that and it ended up working. Like I said, my mama, man, she been my biggest supporter from they won.
Speaker 1: How hard is it because we've seen a lot of child stars be great child stars but don't transition into adult stars. And we see some that just start out and they just as adults. Uh So was it hard? Because I look at like Bile Wild, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson. You look at Beyonce, how she was able to transition and she, I mean, she's a a wildfol down. How hard was it for you because you had this enormous talent as a child, right, and to to harness that and to transition and becoming an adult star, Well, what I.
Speaker 3: Did was I used to always try to time everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, So even when I started getting tattoos, I slowed down a little bit cause I'm like, I'm gonna have to transition, right, but I don't wanna do all this stuff as a kid. Then when I turned eighteen nineteen, for the one, I ain't got nothing to do. So I'm also like, Okay, I ain't gonna cussing my music yet. I'm like, I ain't gonna just cursing my music, right, I'm like, i'm'a wait til I turn eighteen, so that way they see the difference. You know, i'm'a still talk about you know what i'm'a talk about, right, you know what I'm saying. But i'm'a just bleep the words out. So I would record a song, but I used to be like, bleep the words.
Speaker 3: Out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like I don't wanna cush it cause I want them to see the transition, right. And I also feel like a big part of my transition was where I'm from. MM, Like We all went from.
Speaker 3: Kids to that at the same time, you know.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't like I W I moved out my neighborhood came back a different person.
Speaker 3: I got the transition right with them. Like you know, how the neighborhood go.
Speaker 2: You had to have some of your friends gonna start going with all the females, some of your friends gonna start smoking, some of your friends gonna start doing this, getting in trouble some you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I was there for the whole thing, and with that, I was able to transition to music. I was able to go from like, Okay, we lovey w as kids to like, okay, now we stepping in these parties in high school, like we doing this stuff, my swag changing with it.
Speaker 3: It was just a it was just a good transaction.
Speaker 2: It wasn't corny, right Like, it wasn't like, oh, Jock Queiz was doing that when he young and now he doing all this. It was always merging like oh you growing up, right, you gonna I can tell you seventeen from sixteen, I can tell you eighteen, eighteen and seventeen. Just gradually grown with my fans and j and just tryna trying hard as I can to just really show them who I really am, right, you know, without showing him too much.
Speaker 1: Did you experience any jealousy because obviously you you they they see the enormous talent. Obviously you gonna be going places that some of them are not gonna go, and maybe if some didn't choose to go. Was there any jealousy, any resentment because I obviously everybody knows who you are in school?
Speaker 3: Uh jealousy? Sh I don't think so okay, like I ain't have a hard time. It was easy, like I wanted a kid that you know, were to like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all easy, like, but you gotta think, like if you didn't like me, you automatically I hater he cause it was like cause it was like, how you don't like Queen?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Like QUI cool?
Speaker 1: Like what's up with you?
Speaker 3: Like how you don like Queen? He singing little bruh sing You're like you be fresh. He ain't bothering nobody, little brother, don't even smoke like he's trying to like Eve chilling the crowd, little chilling man. Anybody that didn't like me. It was always because of female period.
Speaker 1: You was popular with the girls. Oh man, yeah, you can say, yeah, I bet they get all the girl that's still to this day.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't even saying to get the girls, what are you get them?
Speaker 1: I was, come on, oh you you you you dressed? So you've been dressing for a minute. This ain't new. No, this ain't because you an R and B saying this ain't because you on stage. You've been with the rag. You've been with the thread for a minute.
Speaker 3: Best dressing high school? Did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got a picture on the table in the CAPTERI and they caught it out on the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey them see you's a person like that.
Speaker 3: And I was top five.
Speaker 1: Man, come on, man, So today everybody talks about independence. Man, you need to own this and you need to own that. And you say, no, I want to be I want to be with a label. That's that's what I What is it about being with a label versus being independent?
Speaker 2: I think being with a label versus being independent is the machine. And when I say the machine is the money, right, Like when you with these people, they gonna support you. When you're independent, you gotta support yourself, right. So I think that's that's the biggest thing, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm surprised that you said that because it seems to me and talking to you, you've always believed in yourself and this is really the first time that you says okay, that support mechanism and you know, believing in and all of a sudden, I don't see the same that the belief that you had in yourself from say, from the time you started doing this, because like you said, you got the tattoo because I'm gonna show y'all I can do something even though I got this tattoo and you ain't got the hands tatted, and you like, you know what, nah football, I'm gonna do my thing, cause that's this ain't where it's at. Am I Am I off base? Am I missing something here?
Speaker 3: Once?
Speaker 1: You mean like like because I see when you said okay, the machine is.
Speaker 2: Saying like you saying like okay, cau. I see you believe in yourself. But now you get to the point where you feel like you need a machine, right right, don't at this level I'm in now. I'm'a always need a machine to help, of course, but I'm at a level why am now? I got so many fans and I built it up so hard of course, with the help of the machine and different things like that, I honestly do feel like I could have a career independently, right, you know what I'm saying, because I I honestly feel like I could have had a career independently before the machine if I had the knowledge.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: See, we didn't have the knowledge, right, you know, we.
Speaker 2: Was just out of the hood. Tryna make it right like we weren't. Tryna hear nothing, right, Like you bring a opportunity our way. For the most part, we gonna take it because we just tryna get on the screen, because we know once we get here, we could take it further.
Speaker 3: Right. So I know that, you know, a couple of years from now, you probably will see me independent. You know, I got my own label.
Speaker 2: Right now, right, you know, so I know that I'll be able to one day actually work like the machine.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So as of right now, you're happy with the decision that you made that I'm with I'm with a machine. I'm good with that. But hey, I'm gathering knowledge about how this thing actually works. And so one day there may be a time where you see a we's uh he doing his own thing, right.
Speaker 3: It might be a time, because I feel like that's just a part of growth, right.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like if you with somebody for so long and you got love for him, and y'all been doing y'all thing for so long, it's gonna be a certain time where you gonna be like, man, it's time for you to spread your wings. Like I'm ready to see you go do something greater. And I just feel like that's the evolution of life period.
Speaker 1: Uh damn, that must be what's happening in my relationship. They say it's we We donet been against your life's time to fit Nah. Nah, I don't wanna go, but let me ask you this cash money they know him for rappers obviously, you know y th they do what they do. They got Lil Wayne and uh uh they had a little Wayne. I don't think he's there anymore. Uh, Nicki Minaj and Drake and you R and B and you you mentioned that they had a uh Tina Marie, why why not go to an R and B label if there is such a thing.
Speaker 2: You know why I unt because when I was coming up, people used to try to change me, right, you know, I was the young boy with the braces with the dread right, white tea, I might be sagging a little bit, you know, I would just represent where I was from.
Speaker 1: You already saying you don't have a bracelet though, and they.
Speaker 2: Ain't got no dreads and they and they ain't sagging they pants and they ain't doing it.
Speaker 3: Black glasses. I wasn't on that then, right, So you couldn't get me to throw on no black glasses, like like like with no black leather jacket in the black pants or a black I wasn't doing it. I'm like, what a fitted cap at the white tea, the bandanna, the I wasj I W. I wasn't on that, So I felt like I used to tell people, I'm like, man, the only people I could sign to is cash winning, right cause I'm like, they not gonna try to change me. I'm'na be able to come right in there and be myself, right.
Speaker 2: And that's really why I went, cause I'm like, I'm not finna go to somebody and they start trying to tell me what to do, like you need to dress like this, or you need to do that. Bird Man gave me full cred of control right so soon as he did, I'm like, oh so I ain't nothing changing, right, you know. So I I I love that about cash winning.
Speaker 1: If that what makes bird band so successful. He's the ceo uh uh cash Money obviously, and he's built this multi, multi, multi million dollar entity. If that is because he allows his artist to have control and he just lets them be like, Okay, hey, you came to me, let me help you be the best you you can possibly beat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think the biggest thing about Birdman and Cash Money and Slim is that when you in a drought or like when a wave ain't even up yet, they gonna keep going with you versus another lavel gonna be like, Okay, what's the album, what's the single? Okay, we gonna put the budget on this single, and this's your album single? You know da we do groundwork, you know, like we do real groundwork, like Stunner.
Speaker 3: Get out there with you, Like, Okay, you tryna work on a mixtape. Okay, let's do the mixtape. O cause, let's do this. Okay, let's put it over here. That ain't got nothing to do with the label, right, This is just stuff to get you hot.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That's the difference in being on Cash Money, Like we gonna put in the real work over here, versus to where it's like you gonna go in there and start recording your first album and you gonna put your single out over here, is like you ain't hot. You let's try to, like right, let's try to get it all the way hot. So when we come out for really it it go up through the It go up through there. So you get a lot of time, and it's like being with cash money, you get like so many bonuses, Like you might be hanging around Bird one day and just meet so many other people off free game. They didn't charge you none for it cause you met 'em with for him, right. I met so many people with Bird, you know, and foreign real relationships with them where where it was never about money or nothing like that. So it just it's a lot of places that come with being with cash money, for sure.
Speaker 1: But obviously there's been some I mean you've heard, uh, he doesn't pay his artists and dance and of that. Obviously you haven't experienced any of that, or you still wouldn't be there, of course.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel good, you know what I'm saying, Like I never had a problem with my money with Bird. I never had a problem with with cash money period.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The only thing I want cash money to do is, you know it just keep pushing the gas on the on the radio, That's it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I never had a problem, you know.
Speaker 2: And when I do hear about other people problems, I be knowing, like, man, it's business, and I'd be like, man, business go wrong in so many other areas, you know what I'm saying. So I try to keep my business so on point to the point, I ain't even got to think about like, oh, he ain't getting paid. As long as I'm getting what I need to get, right, I'm cool, Like I want everybody to get what they gotta get. But it really ain't got nothing new with me, Like I'm I'm I'm getting mine.
Speaker 3: I hope you get yours.
Speaker 1: Lil Wayne, Uh, he's been I mean you've heard a lot of people say that he's the gold Rapper. Now he he's He's unbelievable. I mean, the way he can put words together and and words that you wouldn't think and in phrases and and make him like I mean, bling bling, that was him. Yeah, I mean when everybody they they had the other the other side saying bling blean. Yeah, we saying bling blink. The other side started saying blin blin. Is that why I I mean the dreads, the tattoos. Has he been that big of an influence on you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wayne has been a major influence on me. I had a cash money chain when I was eight years old. I brought it from the beauty supply stuff.
Speaker 3: I had to fall in my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hold up, you got a change for beautiful?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cash on the record chain. I had one one before when I was eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've I've been had it went chain uh full in my mouth being that the braids, I had the braids.
Speaker 3: When Wayne had the braids, Wayne went the dreads, I had the dreads. It was he was big on our culture, you know, being where I'm from.
Speaker 2: Like everybody loved Wayne, and then I I had a I had a real attachment to Wayne too cause he was the smallest one, right and when I was running outside with all my dolls, I was the smallest n So it was instantly like, I'm like Wayne.
Speaker 3: They used to call me that in football two.
Speaker 2: They used to be like, uh, my football name was Weezy, you know, not everybody had have nicknames.
Speaker 3: I w I was Wheezy, right, and I carried it the whole time.
Speaker 2: But of course I never wanted to be like him as a man, but as a child, right, you know, he was somebody that I idolized.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm looking at this situation that I'm looking at all the artists that you've been with, Ti. You you collabed with Ti, Chris Brown, Neo City Girls, Lotto Some, i'm'a walk a Little Baby, Future two Chain, twenty one, Savage, that's crazy soul music. The soul child was Skate Donielle Jones. Ruh, who haven't you collab with that? You would love to collab with?
Speaker 2: I a lot of colloud with Wayne Nikki Okay Drake, Okay, Beyonce, her jay Z.
Speaker 3: Kendrick. Oh yeah, they I'm gonna get that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna help me out. You gonna put in that word.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, for sure, if I ever run across in him and say, hey, you know, my boy man, he been trying to do some work with y'all. He liked that too, for real, though, Oh that gonna WORKA work, that gonna work.
Speaker 3: You put that laugh part out.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, so when you go into the studio with these are with these these people, Uh, are you nervous? Nervous? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm a real one, like like I'm a real man, Like I'm a real human being, right, Like I'm not nervous. Like now, do I get excited still? Yeah, Like I might be there with my favorite my heart might be like that.
Speaker 1: Eleamatic way if you get butterflies when you go in there, cause you say you don't get butterfly going on? Stay you no more?
Speaker 3: Nah, no butterflies.
Speaker 2: But see, it's like I could walk in a room with somebody I done been wanting to meet. It is like I I don't been around so many people now, and then I'm like I'm a grown man now, so it's like it's different, like you know, like man, it's different fan out.
Speaker 1: I'll be fan out some time I played Khu though they don't know it, but I be.
Speaker 3: Fan of him. Nah.
Speaker 2: Last time I was probably feeling real good like that, or when I met somebody was probably when I, uh, when I met Brun, I know that's your boy. Yeah, yeah, I got I got to meet bruh Uh when I sung the national anthem, right you know, I was already talking brun the DM so like, man, Bruh, you know you're my favorite playing Roughs. Right, I've been talking brustling like a couple of years now. I sent him a picture of me like in fifth grade when I had to Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Jersey, and he like, nah, that's crazy. But when I got to meet him in person, it was just cool. You know.
Speaker 2: After I did it, Brush aluded me seeing him at a couple of shows repost.
Speaker 3: What I do. But that's probably the last time I been like, bruh, you know what I'm saying, right.
Speaker 1: You and future crew you'll grew up in the same neighborhood, right okay? And uh he produced they Yeah, did you? I mean when you guys are growing up, did y'all like, man, we gonna hey, man, you know what you gonna do your thing? You gonna do my i'm'a do my thing. Yeah what they made? We gonna link back up all the did y did? Did that? Thought they were across your mind when y'all seven, eight, nine, ten years of age?
Speaker 3: Nah, cause you gotta think I growed with twenty one savage two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that neighborhood was go five what the.
Speaker 2: East side was on five see Future one. Future is down there on the other side, like Future, I didn't. I didn't mean Future til I got with block Ante, like okay, probably like sixteen or something like that. But as far as twenty one and offsetting and everything like that, we was. I really came up with them. But as far as being where we from, I think it had a lot to do with Future one to be a part of it because he knows where I come from, and he knows the level I'm tryna get to, and he also knows how talented I am, right, and it make me feel good that he actually acknowledges that talent because a lot of times you will see a lot of people try to play on my talent, right, play on my top a little bit, but you'll have a person who they acknowledge as the biggest in the game come down and reach his hand to me and put some light on on me. That's why I salute Future so much, and I know it's it's because of my work ethic and where I'm from and how solid I've kept it in the game.
Speaker 3: I know that's why he wanted to attach itself to me.
Speaker 2: Because you gotta understand the only other artists that he's executive producer.
Speaker 3: The album for was Kanye West. Wow.
Speaker 2: So just that line up right there, when when you talk about the albums that future executive produce, it's gonna be Kanye West and Jock Creeks. That's gonna look amazing. Yeah, So I be thinking bigger. I be thinking like, man, he know that, he know how that's gonna look for me. So it made me have a extended love for him, like, I know what you tryna do for me on the back end, right, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: R How important is it for young artists coming up in the game to have mentors.
Speaker 2: I think it's very important for young artists to have mentors. I can really say couple of my mentors have been Chris Brown. You know, I used to live with Chris Brown when I was eighteen, fresh out of high school. He used to always tell me things not to do right. You know, He's always tell me about everything he experienced and everything that I shouldn't do right.
Speaker 3: Donelle Jones Kay was was definitely one. You know.
Speaker 2: Donald Jones went through a lot of the industry, you know, had a lot of success. You know, a couple parts where he feel like he coulda you know, done more and he always you know, l let me.
Speaker 3: Know what to du Trey songs?
Speaker 2: Right, talk to me about a lot of stuff, you know, I gotta I got a couple guys that I look to when I'm having the issue and I need somebody to talk to like that, I call him and uh not just even the artist, Like it's a lot of.
Speaker 3: OG's right that you know did a lot for me, Like my boy Clay. You know, we praying for Clay right now. He did a lot for me, Like a lot of people that was just in Atlanta. You know that.
Speaker 2: I get to pick up my phone and call and be like, man, I I'm feeling like this, and they'll tell me like, man, don't don't do that like this what you should really be doing. Focus on this, like put all your energy on this, Like think about the good things. Don't think about the nigga, right, think about the positive.
Speaker 1: You have a song with August and uh, you know we know about him. What the entanglement? You ain't been in on tanglements?
Speaker 3: Have you? God? Na?
Speaker 1: You say off the.
Speaker 3: Rip note what I'm saying, Cause I had to figure out what it was entanglement then, like when you tangled up and like s yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah you see you like that now. I don't hope you just rapped with Sai. Nah, ain't been nothing like that.
Speaker 3: You that thing and started looking up to the start like I thought entangled like you don't snatch some I don't. I don't know. I ain't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I ain't ever see you just trying to kind different definition we we wig. I don't know. I don't know why now they soundly good or different.
Speaker 3: I ain't been in that.
Speaker 1: I ain't been on the public. Uh you were in a public relationship. If that's something you do again, or you try, Oh you prefer to keep bait. Hey, I got you. But I'm a firm believer people can't deap up what they don't know.
Speaker 2: I think like with me, I probably I probably much so would be like, let's keep it gee with each other until it's all O way one thousand and then you know, if they seals, they seals right. But if you wanna put me out there and do it, cause I ain't gonna stop you from expressing yourself about how you feel about me. If you want to show everybody how much you love me to do it, you know what I'm saying, But you gotta know what come with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You gotta know what come with it. Might be some girls that might be lying and might hit you up and say I did this and that and that and that.
Speaker 1: But yeah if you did that and that before you got with them with her. But still but still still hurt a little bit, Yeah, hurt. It hurt a little bit. They be dragging up old stuff, you know, stirring up old ish still stink.
Speaker 3: Oh you know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it's like, I don't know that's that's a tricky one. But you know, it's hard to tell a woman not to show people how much how much she love you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What what type of person or what what type of relationship person are you? While you are you a gift giver or you are like uh uh, you know, baby, hey packed the bags, We off the the Bahamas, we off the Mexico, we off the Paris.
Speaker 2: Me I'm more so like I'm gonna get you something. But I do like to go on trips, but I'm not a good trip planner.
Speaker 3: I ain't see you know what I'm saying, Like, it's like you set it up and I pay for it.
Speaker 1: Is that a southern thing? Probably terrible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I try to look for spots. I can't find it. She goes search the spot, find a better spot for the same price and cheaper.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know what it's gonna be. It's gonna be bad. I'm about to be fifty five. I never built a airline ticket never, never somewhere. Man, I can't do it. Man, I beat a man. I'll be in apricle so well to go to Atlanta. I'm in Africa.
Speaker 3: I just started booking my flights this year, did you? I mean, I don't book my flights.
Speaker 1: But you see, I don't feel bad now.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of little diamond points on my stuff, so I get a couple of credits, so I have to book it from my app.
Speaker 3: So sometimes they'll tell me, like, who you got a book it? It made me feel good too. I feel like like, damn, I'm booking my own stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't need nobody mm mm I already I already know i'm'a be on the pay like fifty grand for one ticket somewhere else, so I better leave that alone. I've been letting somebody that do that. Yeah, so let me ask you this. If you in a relationship and you buy some gifts, you expect the gift.
Speaker 2: Back mm in a relationship, Yeah No, I only expect stuff back with nobody cause I I never been that.
Speaker 3: I I I never been.
Speaker 1: I don't take no gift back either.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: It's like, when I get something, I'd be so happy, but I don't get stuff expecting something back cause I know what position I'm in.
Speaker 1: And somebody taking a gift back from you? Of course, why they do that though.
Speaker 3: Got mad am?
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm saying. But why I'm saying, I mean you, I thought you gave it a gift. I thought you wanted it to h me to have it. You can't get mad now and say well I don't want you to have it.
Speaker 2: I n I used to know it was just one person. They used to give me stuff. But I know they used to only give me stuff to hold it over my head, you see. So I stopped accepting it cause I'm like, oh, you tryna give me this, then you tryna you give me the gift and wanna pull back up, take it, but you're only giving it to me.
Speaker 3: See you have some over me. It's like keep your gift. Beat it right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I own, but I don't like people like that in general. It's just not just the opposite sex. It's not I don't like people to do things for you just so they can hold it over your head. Hey bruh, you remember I did that?
Speaker 3: That looking for something? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That that that be the people that's looking for some way bigg up at you. You know what I'm saying, You gotta watch people like that. Like you might have friends, they might buy some shoes, but then you know you got some major going on that you can't bring everybody too, right, Andy, man, remember I.
Speaker 3: Got your shoes, remember I.
Speaker 1: D Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's all you gottahit 'em me. I appreciate it, but we can't. You know.
Speaker 1: This so that purchases you made it? Man, I got some money. What's the first thing you bought?
Speaker 3: First thing I bought?
Speaker 1: I bought a roller? Okay, I be I bought a roll.
Speaker 3: I cast out everything I had. I thought I was broke.
Speaker 2: I remember everybody we was in Jerry, I living it. Everybody looking at it like it's just amazing. Everybody just looking at me.
Speaker 3: I had. I just had the diamond bells, but I had the big beils. Okay, I took the little bells. I would put the big one on it. This when it was all about the bills. But we were a country. We ain't know that.
Speaker 2: Even so, I remember I went back to the house, I found five thousand, came back up. Then I bought a Right after I bought the Rolex, I bought a I got a condoor, and I bought the UH and I bought a jeep.
Speaker 1: Do you look back at like and any purchases you like? Man, what the hell was I thinking? What the elf did I do?
Speaker 3: This? Only thing I looked at like that? I bought a chain and lost it. That's the only reason I said, why did I buy? I bought like a twenty five thousand dollar chain and lost it. It was nice too, and lost it like I lost it. Like couldn't saying I done lost so much, jurey. That's all the mistakes I done make. Period, I done lost so much, Jeury. I used to have a ring on everything. I don't wear. I don't wanna. I don't wanna ring on everythinger no more. But that, you know what I'm saying, I y I used to wear you.
Speaker 1: Know what you like Hollywood? Hollywood got all them bracelet like that. Y'all want to be related Hollywood?
Speaker 3: You uh you we did telling we I'm saying, I ain't you know.
Speaker 2: I think Jerry about it probably be the biggest thing that I'm like, Man, why did I spend all that money on jury?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: But I don't think I should have spent so much money on jury. Like I was going in the jury store like early though, eighty thousand, hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: I'm like this, open me a jury business.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, them folk, we were spending it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When we slowed, I slowed down.
Speaker 1: Yeah you shular, Yeah, good job. Yeah. I really used to carry a lot of cash on you. You don't do that no more, do you?
Speaker 3: Nah? I got my cart on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to carry a little cash.
Speaker 3: I used to like the feeling though.
Speaker 1: You bruh, that's a suthing. Thats gotta be something from the South, cause I was the same way.
Speaker 3: Y'all wanna feel it.
Speaker 1: I used to tell people all the time, if you see me with less than ten grand on me call the car. Somebody just robbed me. Yeah, right around the cordy they got they got it. But now I also feeling though, Uncle.
Speaker 3: I used to like to just know like I could do anything out right now, Yes, yeah, that's how I mean.
Speaker 1: I need to feel. I sometime I just look at the cat.
Speaker 3: You know why I stopped though, Man, if it's still I still keep a little in but you know, I stopped doing it like that cause somebody stole something from the one time, somebody that I felt like I knew, right, you know what I'm saying. I had the money in the bad you know how you carry I had my little duff.
Speaker 2: I had it in the duff one thirty thousand, but I had it a long way right, like I had it like in twenties, right, so you know I got the two thousand.
Speaker 3: Bands right in the bag with the clothes just flexing. Yeah, go to sleep.
Speaker 2: It's a room full it though, but it's all supposed to be your people though, right, get the bad bad waking in the morning, it's still something you know some in there, but it ain't everything looking at it like this, ain't all the cash you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And that's when I stopped, Like, I ain't gonna care how it went on me anymore. I'll be getting a lot of money and now I'll be looking for a bank. I don't know. We gotta get to a bank. Yeah, deposit, yeah, go on deposit yeah, cause you could be. You gotta.
Speaker 1: People that you that you have around you think you can trust what and they and they do that to you?
Speaker 2: And I have some of my closest people done did stuff in me and they mad at me for stuff they done, did to me.
Speaker 3: They they home grudges against me for stuff they done. Did it? Stole what?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: It's just crazy man?
Speaker 1: So what how do you make? Most of you? Is your money from touring? Is that the album? Is it? Because? I mean you probably what you tour? How many? How many days a year you think you tour?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm probably doing I might do like three shows a week? Wow? Yeah? On average?
Speaker 1: Six months, eight months, nine months. I mean obviously you take time.
Speaker 3: Off, right, pandemic, that's all the time I took off.
Speaker 2: Really in my career, I probably done did more shows than anybody who's done came out with me for real.
Speaker 3: I I don't have to hustle.
Speaker 1: You know, do you feel you were making up for lost time or do you feel like, Okay, I just I love doing what I'm doing. My fans n want to see me.
Speaker 3: Two thousand twenty one, I was making up for lost time from twenty twenty. Right.
Speaker 2: I had just got off tour twenty twenty, the King R and B tour, right COVID started. So I'm used to going on the road and making money. Right, that slowed us down. So I had to jump out there two thousand twenty one, even while COVID was still going on, and go back out there and get back to where I know I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Right, you've opened for Chris Brown?
Speaker 3: Uh uh?
Speaker 1: Tory Lanes Ho, how though it? I mean, what's the difference in like opening up? Because now when we talked about we're gonna get to that, it's like now we see comedy shows that RB shows being combined. So when you open up for Chris Brown, what's what I it? What's that experience?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: That experience for me was was full circle, cause you got understand, I come from praying that I meet bro one day right to talking to brou on the phone to going and stay with Bro making songs with him becoming his brother.
Speaker 3: Now opening up on two pone right, it just felt surreal for me. Honestly. I remember the first date. I remember I had my outfit laid on the dead like he was the first day scu sh had a air Max, everything laid out on the f on the bed. I remember I got there to perform. They put me first, you feel me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fans was.
Speaker 2: Kind of mad, like damn, they put Joah Quis first at the Chris Brown show cause they know how close me at CB is Like they like, I dang, never wanna see Yoah Quis right before CB, right, you know what? So I remember going on first performing and I remember s people from CBKEMP used to come to the side and watch me and go back and tell Bruh.
Speaker 3: I come back. He tell me like, why would you win out? Ain't killed it? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They used to make me feel good, and I'm like, damn, I'm here now, you know what I'm saying. That one night I got to open up right before he went up. One night they put me right before he went out, and I was just like, dang, this is really what it's made of, Like working hard like this what dreams really made of?
Speaker 3: Like you work hard, you believe like this really where you'll be.
Speaker 2: When I got to open up in him that night, right before he went on, I was like, yeah, God is real. I've been do that, but it's like it's super super like crazy. How you could pray, believe right and work hard and do something and then it'll really be right in front of your face before you know it, you know, at the perfect time.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, As I said, we were talking earlier about you, was just in San Francisco, you Monica, DC Young Fly, and you say. The thing now is what they're doing is that people are combining comedy shows with R and B shows because you laugh at one minute and you singing and dancing and vibe in the next. DC Young Fly had him on He's the great guy? Is that your I that shit?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: I mean? He from the crib too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my boy. Well DC not on the tour, but I'm glad you brought him up, cause DC my brother. We close, right.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, i'm'a tell you how many DC is crazy. I was dropping my EP nineteen before I signed the CASM, before I did anything. I was at Clark Atlanta during the release, right, Okay, this when DC Young Fly was just making videos on his phone.
Speaker 3: This when he first came up. So I remember I was in there talking, talking and talking. So I'm leaving. I'm like, hey, he like, man, I'm DC Young Fly, d da dah. I'm like, man, I'm like, buy my CD. I'm like bruh, cause I I like, I know you. He like, man, I ain't got no Damn Renning man. And I'll never forget that.
Speaker 2: Moment cause I'm like, damn, I seen bro there to seeing where he at now, right and just seeing that like damn a niggas saying like he ain't got it then you know what I'm saying, But still came out to support me, right, you know what I'm saying, just to all the way making it in movies, being on wilder'n out, like being one of the faces of this culture or this generation. It's just crazy as to know where I met him in DC Done came.
Speaker 3: On tour with me.
Speaker 2: You know, we donet been on the tour bus together. I told brother when we went on tour. I'm like, bru, come on my bust, Like if we going on twit together, like you gotta come on a bust with me, Like like, don't be like, we gotta be on the bust together, right, so that brung us even closer. You know what I'm saying. Every time I hit Bruh, he like, bro, whatever you need. I just did eighty five South with him the other day.
Speaker 1: So it's my brother performing at club. Do you like the more intimate setting or d you at the Chase Center that you got eighteen twenty thousand, or I mean the the R and B. Are you a more intimate setting guy? Or do you like the big big arenas? Obviously the big arena's gonna be the the money, but the the setting, the ambiance.
Speaker 2: Honestly, uh, I feel like now I'm into the arenas, okay, cause I'm all about levels. See, I can connect anywhere right cause I'll be at the arena, go right to the front, connect right there. I can be able to see somebody from the top. I'll make 'em, put the camera on 'em and make 'em moment Like I'm ready for that. Like I know how to do the intimate thing. Like I know how to make a big crowd feel intimate. I should say that.
Speaker 1: But we see what I mean, what's going on now? We see Chloy Bailey, people throw stuff. Gorilla had a wigs. No, I mean, I guess I g got a wigs at water thrown. What's going on? Man? While we while we out here Wiland, I mean, you paid good money to go see somebody and and you behave in that manner.
Speaker 3: We out here wilder and we out here tripping, We out here tripping. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I feel like everybody ain't respecting each other. Well we not we not we not respecting the position that God put people in, right.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I think like when you see a goloriala out that just tryna walk to a car doing a thing, getting some thought. I don't even know what happened to Cloy. That's my little sister. Like we came up together too, right, we'sed do theater.
Speaker 1: Together, cause I ba I I'll look at it like this. Why would I pay my money if I don't like somebody? You think i'ma You think I'm gonna give you my money to come see you? You think I'm gonna buy something that you you you promoting or you advertising if I don't rock with you like that, So you spend your good money to come there and to behave in that matter, I I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Everybody want to go viral, everybody want to be somebody. They'll crash all the way out just to make it to everybody know their name.
Speaker 1: And then we saw what happened with the stampede and and uh uh finanse times to two time. Excuse me, I didn't see that happened. Well, they had they were performing and they had Uh there was a stampede. There was like a mad rush to get out of the club, and and and and people some people lost their lives.
Speaker 3: You know, nobody can he That's that's just an unfortunate situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you do you ever concern do you ever get worried about damn man? I just because uh who was that somebody? Somebody had passed away? Uh. Travis Scott had the situation a couple of years ago at at uh at one of his events, and you know, people lost their lives and some people were injured. Do that thought ever cross your mind?
Speaker 3: Now? I ain't never crossed my mind. But I think I was talking about the other days. Nothing he coulda did to control that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You know, when you when you're a big artist and people come out to your shows, they gonna show you love. They gonna be out there just they gonna be going crazy, they gonna be excited, they gonna be moving around, they gonna be singing, and it's gonna be a large group of people, right, But it's nothing the artists can do to control that. So I just feel like it's it's bad when they try to blame it on the artists, Right, it's nothing I can do. I'm up here performing my records and people are there, you know, engaging.
Speaker 3: To my records.
Speaker 2: It's in a like I said, it's in a it's an unfortunate situation, but that's I don't think that people should blame the artists for what's going on at their concerts. People used to follow that Michael Jackson shows right left and right right, Like nobody ever blame Mike for that. Like you blame Mike for getting up there and pausing so long that people just you know what, I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Mike sit out here and falls you feel and people are calling out, But It's like, nobody ever blame Mike for I don't feel like we should blank Traf for that. You know, are no other artists that ever go through nothing like that.
Speaker 1: You do realize that when you reach l your level of success, they don't really compare you to other people. That compare you to your old work, he said him out four. You look at Mike, he had some great albums after Thriller, but it was all everybody always talked about Thriller, thriller, thriller, and it drove him, for lack of a better word, crazy because he was trying to reach that level of success again and he didn't realize. I never knew that that was a once in a lifetime Do you like you have? I mean, when you do thirty million, you do fifty million albums, and then your next album comes out and you do thirteen million, You're like, man, I'm a failure. But do you realize what thirteen.
Speaker 3: Million albums are, right, which is just hit fifty?
Speaker 1: So you and your old work they like, man, queez, I mean, the thing good, But that old album man, that man, you know when he came back, when he came out, he was hard. Do you worry about that.
Speaker 2: No, and you know, it's so crazy. I see it a lot now. I see people saying, like, man, I miss that mood, jack Quis.
Speaker 3: I missed that. I missed that forty two seventy five Jackquise. But I was thinking, like I listened to my whole catalog, not not even the whole catalog.
Speaker 2: I listened like five hours on my catalog driving from San Francisco to La yesterday, and I was listening to it through and I was just like, nothing's changed, right, I was like, it's elevated, you know what I'm saying. I think what's happened was it was it's me as a person, That's what I think. I think that when I s when I made the King of R and B statement, right, I think that just turned everybody, right. I think it just made everybody like, let's figure out something to say about him, right cause it's hard to get to 'em. So let's figure out what can we say to make him feel some type of way. You can't say nothing, but let's just try everything, right, Like, now let's try to say.
Speaker 3: Like he need to sound like his ocds. They try to do that to jay Z, right, But whole said you want the old whole by my old album, like I got a old alb. You know, niggas want to owe me boy the old album.
Speaker 1: Do Y have you studied old legends and try to figure out what they did to remain on top?
Speaker 3: Most definitely, I'm a student of the game. I know them, I know them. I know the number one thing you can.
Speaker 2: Do is like take care of yourself, take care of your mental you know, and just evolving as an artist, keeping a keeping the illusion alive. I feel like as a artist, you gotta keep an illusion. You can't never let people get you comfortable, can't never let people know they know you too much. You know, certain people you can, but I mean, like like everybody that's on the other side of the curtain, right, you know, you can't really give 'em too much or they starting to feel like they know you. And once people feel like they starting to know you, I feel like you're worth going down, right, So I try to I try my best to just keep my illusion up.
Speaker 3: I try to switch it up so much, like I just have my haird like short, you know, I just had it short.
Speaker 2: Just trying to do something different from my fans to keep 'em intrigued and to keep 'em excited. I feel like, as a artist, you gotta just always switch it up. You gotta always just keep the fans excited, keep the people talking. You gotta it's so much you gotta do. It's more than music. I tell everybody, like to be a superstar, I believe it's more than just music.
Speaker 1: Elimate when you guys gonna hop back on the track. There was a situation that transpire.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, I just seen that a Rock Nation brunch. We spoke, I said, what's the elemation?
Speaker 1: Said, hey Jack, please that that ain't no that I mean, that's that's that's.
Speaker 2: See how best friend used to run with me, right when I used to go out the country. Right her best friend Beyonka, I'm calling names you be her best friend used to run with me. How that that that works close with us. So whenever I would go out there for my run, she would come with me, you know, help me, assist me, do d do do different things.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So when the whole thing happened with Trip, it was just crazy because it's like it started off as a thing where I told Elam like I'm finna remix the song, and.
Speaker 3: She was with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you know what you gotta do. If you remix somebody's song.
Speaker 2: No, un listen, you ain't got a clear nothing. You ain't got a clear nothing. You gotta go no clearances if you're not selling it. I wasn't selling it, cause when you selling it, they call it monetizing. Yeah, when you monetize off a record, you're making money, right. I wasn't monetizing off.
Speaker 3: For the trick record.
Speaker 2: Now, mind you, i'm'a book. I'm'a get booked for shows, right. We all gonna get book for shows. But this is a it's like a mixtape jacket for beats. I jacked up beat and I made a I made the song. I made my own verst to your record, right. I kept some of the catuses the same and switched the lyrics and did my thing. That's not illegal, right way. Ain't used to do it. Every other artist do it? Think about it?
Speaker 3: Why she got a hit record right now on the radio?
Speaker 2: All alight?
Speaker 3: Reallyga one? It's a it's a hit right every time y'all clear do it. It's a problem. It was a problem with them LA.
Speaker 2: They started hating from that when I pulled up the record when I posted it on Instagram, she put the fire emotions all under it, like this crazy.
Speaker 1: Right, but you thought you was making some money off of it.
Speaker 2: T Pain came out and said that I was monetizing off for the record. So once he came out it said that I was monetizing off for a record publicly, I'm pretty sure the industry and of course guys that she's around that has real knowledge of the game probably got to her and was like, this ain't right, right, which I feel like, And I believe that at that moment we shoulda came together and they should have put me on a remix for real, and we shoulda took it up through that, right. I believe that would have been crazy. Me and DJ Muster talking about doing some work. Now, you know, we trying to get to the point of me and Lama actually on a record together.
Speaker 3: Right, So I'm cool with DJ Muster. Yeah, I'm cool with DJ Muster.
Speaker 2: We went through whatever we went through behind all that, but now we're cool, So I feel good about that. So I feel like, looking towards the future, the fans could expect a sung from us Man, right, Yeah, uh, I saw t Pain.
Speaker 1: I he did a song. T Pain can really sing. I mean he could really sing with id attle too. Yeah, that my boy.
Speaker 3: He was on my mixtapes like it's my boy.
Speaker 1: I mean, no d the Pain can sing.
Speaker 3: Saying on with Pain I wrote with ruh.
Speaker 1: So, so what what are your thoughts on OTTO two?
Speaker 3: My thoughts on Auto too is everybody has it on in the studio.
Speaker 2: It's just about what lever you have it at, right cause Atto two is really put there to keep you on tune of the kid the song, right, So if you singing out of kid, it just to keep you up.
Speaker 3: Now, mind you you can have autotorna ottotoone. I still hit the wrong note.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna just make you be able to sing, right, but if you put it to a certain level, you will be able to sing the level. T Pain got it that he wanted to do that, right, cause you could if you could really sing, you could hear through T Paint, attotune and no Life a record really sing for it right, like he just really playing with it, right, you know what I'm saying. So it's just different levels to the autotoe. You can have it on S forty. You can have it on twenty ten or whatever you wanted to.
Speaker 1: So alright, man, I man may go in the studio and hit me and do a little up there.
Speaker 3: Don't try to hit that stage.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think so you are you? You a big sports fan? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Who's your team?
Speaker 3: What's what team? Up?
Speaker 1: Football? Don't you say them dirty birds?
Speaker 2: What I'm saying now, I gotta tell you I'm a dirty bird fan just cause for city. But I follow players though.
Speaker 1: Okay, who your favorite player?
Speaker 2: Favorite player right now in the NFL and Kyle Pitts that's my brother, you know what I'm saying. Kyle, that's my boy, but tied in from the Falcons. Yeah, we stay in the same neighborhood. But s favorite player from the NFL right now, it's probably my boy.
Speaker 3: Uh you know my boss j Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like Akston Jackson.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Of course they ain't gonna break it to mob duode.
Speaker 3: Man, that's crazy. But if somebody told him, why they they I feel like theyn't bring down. They say he getting hurt. But I'm like, you see that, I get brother, the Winny, He's still worth the winning. I ain't know he be getting hurt.
Speaker 1: You get hurt. I mean, you play that, you played the game of football, you gonna get hurt. Yeah, So what's your favorite who's your favorite player in basketball?
Speaker 3: Right now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh Joe okay, yeah, Joh, give me some what advice? If you could see if y'all was sitting right here, you sitting across from it. What's so crazy?
Speaker 3: Cause older than Bruh, But I could really be like little brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you tell him?
Speaker 2: Little Bruh, you just gotta kill That's it, Like you know, we with you an'ybody gonna sit here and down you or nothing like that.
Speaker 3: That right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But you just gotta chill, like let's just get it together cause you got them m's on the line right and he got these kids looking up to you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. So I was just telling him, like, Brouh, we just gotta chill. We just gotta reroute right quick. You know what I'm saying. That's it.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Uh they called Jaquez Rogers or was one of your favorite players. He was a small guy. Yeah, Lil Wayne did your height did you ever?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 1: Were you ever? Like damn man? I wish I was tall, man, I wish I was six foot tall. Bru ooh if I was six foot tall, I.
Speaker 2: Used to tell niggas that, like what like, b I was sick pe bus for real though, cause I'm like, God didn't want that to happen to y'all, boy, cause I look at me in five sick.
Speaker 3: Y'all need to be in trouble.
Speaker 2: I'm like at six foot quick, come on, bruh, like what that would imagine that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Maybe I want to hit six foot same like I could say, dress like I dressed. I'm already a problem at five six, but imagine I'm six foot boy.
Speaker 3: Of them boys in trouble, you be they in trouble now.
Speaker 1: But just imagine you be a combination of Nick Can in the future.
Speaker 3: But we probably need to be right here, YEA top sight up for real?
Speaker 1: You pray you prayed? Charles Barkley on uh uh uh on this show? What what was that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: It was good cause see I had just seen Chuck in the city right he chumped me off cause I was with uh vit the cruise right hit the crews down there bit the like Chuck.
Speaker 3: You know, Jockqueese, he was like, yeah, I know, Jock Queize. I know I was using but jacqueis, come on, man, you see him trying to do something. He was keep kicking it when he was playing with me, you know, but he was kicking it on me. I'm like, oh, I got something. I'm'a I'm go'a wait till the perfect time, and I got I just got him on TV. So it was fun cause he had no idea. He comes back there, que What you doing there? I mean I'm chilling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you remember that? You remember that?
Speaker 3: You Okay, I'm go'a get you with this snow? Yeah, I TV.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that the uh, the viral moment the Lakers game, the national anthem? What was I mean national anthem and singing for the Lakers. I mean, everybody thinks you weren't born there With Marvin gay he might have had the best, one of the best renditions. He and Whitney Houston when she sung it at the Super Bowl. I think it was in I don't Tampa, maybe Tampa. I forget where it was. She did her adition, But Marvin Gaye's rendition.
Speaker 3: I think I YouTube he switched it up. He did he.
Speaker 1: I mean, he might be the bit real, So you ain't evention him King R and B. But I'm gonna let that's lie. That's something else I ain't know. I ain't know.
Speaker 3: We were going like I thought Marvin Gay would be so.
Speaker 1: He wouldever Marvin Gay was whatever whatever. You were really like that, yeah, So so what was that? I mean when you get the call and like, okay, we were like for you to perform the national landum at the Lakers game. So now what's what's because you know, eighteen thousand Lakers pack stars lined up and they're just like, Okay, I gotta nail this, dame.
Speaker 3: All I'm thinking is I'm gonna kill it.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking like man, Bron, I'm gonna be in here right Mellow because I used to be around Mellow when I was like fourteen, So like Melo gonna see me again, you know what I'm saying, Like he gonna see me on this level. So like I gotta kill it. And I felt good cause cause they gave me a sound check. M So once I did the sound check, I'm like, oh it sounded like this. I'm'a i'm'a do my song. Once I walked in, they was doing they stretch Westbrook savor. I g I got that from all the guys right talking to Melow for me, I'm like my confidence went up there in the White House.
Speaker 3: My boy came in on Queen wa ain't tell me where is da da da Da? I was just like, oh yeah, it feel like we in the crib.
Speaker 2: I'm finna kill this like this ain't no pressure like I thought it was gonna beat the boys, right, It ain't nothing you feel.
Speaker 3: I got up there, did my thing and we went voul you did.
Speaker 1: I'm look, I'm looking at your business. The uh uh, your taple bar. It's not really that. You got hookah wine, dakeries, salmon bites, stripping grits, brunt. You play R and B music in the background. Bruh, you gotta you got a spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want you to come to Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm'a come. I'm for real. I'm'a hold you to it. Now. What next time you gonna what? Next time? You gonna be a name? I been, i'm'a get you, i'm'a get you in for I beat it. I swing through.
Speaker 3: I'm for real.
Speaker 1: I'm for real too. Yeah, I ain't got no money on it though, i'ma leave my credit card home.
Speaker 3: Look, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: When I was your I I I do right by my bill. I do right. Yeah, I mean y And you said it was a it. It meant a lot to you to be a black man and to be to establish a business in your community that employ other blacks. Growing up, did you like, Mad, I wanna make it to be a have to be in a situation where I can give back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I always wanted to give back. You know.
Speaker 2: I was always around other guys that was already giving back to the community, right. I was already around the bosses that had the barber shops, that was investing into the community, that was giving people opportunities. So I already knew it was gonna be and me to do it. I knew I was the next one up. I knew, like, man, when I get my chance, i'm'a do it. And my grandmother was big on that. My grandmother used to give everybody opportunity. So I'm like, you know, i'm'a following these footsteps and give everybody an opportunity. And that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 1: Bruh. That was I'm telling uh, Mad, we didn't ain't that thing flew by? Yeah, I appreciate you stopping by taking time out of your business schedules. Sit down and give me sixty five seventy minutes of your time. I know you're very busy, so stop you. Thank you for stopping by. Club Shasha talk about tell us about the album.
Speaker 2: Sincerely for You out right Now executive reduced by Future. Like we talked about, it's my third album. The new single Sincerely for You, I mean the new single when You Bad like That. It's out right now. Tell me it's over feature in Summer Walker and Black. It's probably gonna be the next single that they could be looking out for be looking out me and some uh looking out for me in some movies. This year, more TV, more radio, my label. I got a lot of artists on the way and just more greatness for me.
Speaker 3: Tell us about the restaurant, the Wine and Tapas Lounge just Stone Crest.
Speaker 2: If you ever in Atlanta, Georgia on the East Side in the Stone Crest area, make sure y'all pull up to the.
Speaker 3: Wine and Tapas loungers. We got wine and tampas, but we also got a little side. Man. You you can get the shrimp and gris. The Salven advice. You can get whatever you want.
Speaker 1: From the wine topics. Yeah, shrimp and gris in the city.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in the south, in the city.
Speaker 1: No for most definite again bruh all love, continue success.
Speaker 4: All my life running, all my life, sacrifice, hustle, pay the price, and want to slice.
Speaker 1: Got to brow the dice.
Speaker 3: That's why, all my life I've been grinding all my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all my life, grinding, all.
Speaker 4: My life, sacrifice, hustle, pay the price, and want to slice. Got to brow the dice this way, all my life, I've been grinding all my life.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.