Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trender, week trend, I prefer the week trend bitch, some of a bitch. I am Jack. That is Miles. It is Monday, Monday, bright and early. What's it? What's the ax one that says Monday?
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, I don't know, but yeah, I know that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, that's one. We know that one of them. Probably in a Coen Brothers movie or something. Yeah, great Midwest. Yeah, I'm Jack. You are Miles reminded the people again. How are you doing, Miles.
Speaker 2: I'm fine, I'm great.
Speaker 1: I've never been better, Miles.
Speaker 3: It seems like a loaded question, which I'll get to in my underrated or over whatever the fun.
Speaker 1: But there's also a little tension because I just revealed that I never saw eight mile, and.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you've seen me eight miles.
Speaker 1: So we desire coming off of Miles to come through the zoom screen and choke me out.
Speaker 3: No, Brian took that as tough guy energy. I was pure shocked.
Speaker 1: Tough guy. I even listened to the soundtrack. But I think it was like in a brief time in my life when I was like, I don't have time to watch movies.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, in two thousand and two, so I feel like this is the era week too.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of shit.
Speaker 3: I feel like we find we find these kind of spots a lot where I'm like, wait, you weren't fucking with that, and I'm realizing, like you were dead in college or like then, I was still in high school, so like your calculus is way. It's like it's like that moment where it's a little bit different, Like high school you still catch every movie that comes up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, college, you're like.
Speaker 3: Bro, I just learned about fucking some fucked up shit. Man, I can't How the fuck can I go watch eight Mile right now?
Speaker 1: That's right the Georgetown Philosophy department. Yeah, and in all sorts of wild ship? Am I about this guy Aristotle? This guy's fucked up? Man?
Speaker 2: And it's not Shack.
Speaker 1: It was another guy big. I thought I knew the big Aristotle. All right. Uh, So we're gonna get get to some of the things that people may have missed that happened over the weekend. But first like to check in with each other, with ourselves and ask, what's what's something miles that you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm gonna say Los Angeles' infrastructure this is not like it's not even like people know we have shit infrastructure, but it was really it's really been brought to the surface because over the weekend there was a gigantic fire in an underpass of the ten Freeway, one of the main arteries of the city and one of the freeways that would regularly get name checked in the SNL.
Speaker 2: Exactly go to sam Jsonni.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this ship was so bad it like melted the guard rails and shit. Because this palette fire was so intense, And now they're saying the freeway is closed indefinitely and three hundred thousand people like conservatively are on that shit every day, like.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most busy like arteries in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the nation, specifically this section going through downtown. So Mayor Bass is like, yeah, you can fucking take public transit because obviously of LA's got sick public Yeah yeah, yeah, oh really, I'm coming from the east part of the county to get to down to what are my options or wherever?
Speaker 1: But your options are to take two and a half hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the fucking traffic maps look obscene. We have a friend that works at city Hall and like, I don't want to text them. I know they don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have to go into the office today but tomorrow, like ye are you? Like are you gonna quit? Because it's so bad.
Speaker 1: They're just in a room full of ringing phones, just picking up each one, shouting a couple of words into it and then slamming them down. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's indefinitely, there'll be an update later this week.
Speaker 3: Fuck, but yeah, I mean I think it just brings to the surface again how poorly planyned La is, how the how we've just we lost our mind being such a car city in the early days that like obviously and intentionally destroyed public transit. That all it takes is, you know, one of the freeways to go down and it's going to cause total chaos.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure that's the case in a lot of places.
Speaker 3: But just the lack of I think it's really it's the lack of public transit and good bike infrastructure that makes it like doubly just like their options are just for everybody to have a fucking terrible time because it's it affects all traffic now.
Speaker 1: Your options are to chill out and we'll get back to you soon. Well, we figure this out. Jesus, they told me to relax. What do you relax? Man?
Speaker 2: What you relax?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of there's some people blaming the unhoused population because they think it might have started with the homeless encampment.
Speaker 3: Sure, and I don't think that's as relevant as the fact that we have like our our infrastructure is already so because I mean, to your point, the people who are going after that, like who are really hammering that in are the people who are so hostile towards the unhoused community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so set. Yeah, cruse, this would have never happened under Caruse, so he would have put them all in prison camps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the infrastructure would have never been this bad if it weren't for the unhoused.
Speaker 1: But no, so yeah, but yeah, and they also had a bunch of like wooden palettes being stored in that place, which is why I went up so big. Yeah, and those I mean, that's just it's basically just it's like a literal tinder box that was under that.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, but yeah, here we.
Speaker 1: Are miles my overrated for the weekend. I love this is how many people would be getting their neck snapped by like when I was a child, When I was a child, this is this is like my generation when I was a child, Like I was raised on like lethal weapon movies, the Diehard movies. I I think this is like my generation's quicksand like the idea that the number one cause of death would be someone sneaking up behind you, turning your head to the side too quickly, a walnut crunching sound, and then you were dead. But not like you suffer and struggle to breathe or something. It's like an off switch for the life in your body, end in your eyes. Your eyes, You're just immediately your eyes are like opening, You're just gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been prematurely unplugged from the matrix.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, exactly. But yeah, so notice this. First of all, I was, you know, over the weekend. My wife and I are on sort of an early nineties thrillers for adult kick. We watched The Firm last week for no real reason, and it hit the spot so well that when I was picking the next movie, I got the let's do another one like the Firm request from my wife. So we we watched in the Line of Fire. This is a movie in which John Malkovich is like this, it's like a wetwork experts CIA assassin, like you're supposed to think of him at like he he knows all this shit about like modeling and like how to like build his own guns. He's just he's It's in that genre of movies where it's like this person has taken death to the point of a science, Like you've never seen somebody this good at death, put this much thought into how to kill people, And it's you're just expecting every death to like be wild and like kind of imaginative. And then at one party, just like walks in to these two women's house in la and first of all, it's like one of the cruelest depictions of two human beings ever, these two women who are like roommates, and they're just like lonely, and they're just like would John Malkovitz might want to fuck me? Oh okay, and just like watching their house and like, oh I remember that, yes, yeah, and just like snaps both of their necks like and immediately both on the ground, staring dead eyes at the ceiling. Just two quick neck turns and they're goners. And I don't know, based on movies I watched growing up, like I assumed I would be witnessing one of these like once a week ring the course of my adult life. Yeah, but yeah, according to medical science, it's impossible, like you would have to. I read something where people were like, yeah, I mean, I guess you could like technically do it. First of all, you'd probably have to like knock them out, like put them under anesthesia, and then so they shouldn't resist off and then just like basically twist their head until it like popped off, basically like almost so it's not it's not just like a quick uh you know, chiropractic adjustment, yeah, which is what a lot of the movies make it seem like.
Speaker 3: Well right, and it's also it's almost like the neck and spine are designed to just not have something like that happen and go oops, you're dead.
Speaker 1: Oopsy.
Speaker 3: It feels like it's like millions of years going to say it actually ate that easy, and like you see your point. If that's neck breaking, then like there's a wealth of snuff films on YouTube with people doing chiropractic adjustments.
Speaker 2: Were like you're.
Speaker 3: Seeing people like, dude, that's the fucking neck breaker move from the action movies.
Speaker 2: But people are like, oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there are yeah, I know of somebody who got one of those chiropractic adjustments and the injured died actually told and there's a huge lawsuit. But the thing that happened is like there was like, uh, internal bleeding that happened. It wasn't that the no off switch right right right? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: You do hear about those kinds of things where people are like some people get like mobility issues and shit from a neck adjustment gone wrong apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like, so there's also the other So I watched two movies this weekend. And the other movie that I watched is The Killer, the new movie by David Fincher, which, like I have a real weak spot for these movies, have a real weak spot for Fincher, And like it has a scene where he does it's kind of the next snap thing, and it's like this like effortless, like he just like turns a person's head in one direction fast and then they fall down some stairs, but like it feels like they're already dead, and it's the whole movie is like this guy's a little bit smarter, a little bit like he's he's put more thought into like how to kill you, how to make it look like an accident than anyone I think. All so partially the movie like is like and he also kind of sucks at his job, isn't as good as he thinks he is, but it's it's fun. I had fun watching it, but I was like, holy shit, there's still like there's been like in the Bourne Ultimatum, like there's a part where they try and do somebody tries to do a next snap and like the person's just like what are he doing? Like fuck you? Bro slams them into the wall behind them. But then that same franchise, like when it was no longer good in the Jason Bourne movie, like Bourne does that to somebody he's trying to kill. So it's like the movies know that this isn't real, but they are still just like yeah, but like when you're so good at the killing, then it can like we'll let you do it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was looking into it.
Speaker 3: I think I think Bruce Lee may be the originator of this movie.
Speaker 1: And Bruce Lee. I will allow Bruce Lee and Arnold. It's a nagger both.
Speaker 3: Because if he doesn't the Running Man too, right, Yeah, oh oh, it's in like almost it's an eraser. It's yeah, but I think Running Man, I think when it might be an early on next snapping movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's okay because his whole thing is that he seems like he has so strong, yeah, superhuman strength that like he could do a lot of things to you that if another person did, wouldn't kill you. But with him, it's like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 3: It starts, like, right, you take someone as like mythical as Bruce Lee, and then you have a generation of screenwriters who are writing action genre shit and they see that and they're like, yeah, dude, that shit was sick apparently, and the stunt person who he did that to was Jackie Chan little known yeah in uh, Enter the Dragon, but yeah, that was in the early seventies.
Speaker 2: So and like I feel like there's I wonder if there.
Speaker 3: Is an exhaustive, like body of research into the origins of this, but I feel like it's probably just as easy as being like, yeah, who.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, but I don't know, Like, like, you also shared this clip from Desperado where like he's having this like gun like close quarters gunfight and like both the guns are out of ammo and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're scrambling for guns around there and.
Speaker 1: They're scrambling for guns. It's a whole gun movie like and then he just does the next nat thing like and he says, fuck you, dude, it's my fucking favorite, Like fuck, I don't know. It always just feels like the screenwriters throwing their hands up to me or not always. Well, when Arnold does it or Bruce Lee does it, it's like a cool little bit of magic that I'll let them get away with.
Speaker 2: But I mean, for the most part, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know. Your job as a maker of action movies is coming up with like creative ways for people to kill other people, and in the especially in the genre of like the Killer or you know, in the Line of Fire, where it's like this guy is the best at killing. Yeah he made a plastic gun. Yeah, studies killing like a science knows all the stuff that you don't know. And then it's just like your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably better though, to give kids examples of things that are medically very difficult to achieve and be like, yeah, dude, just smash this dude in his windpipe with a mag light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Ordinary artery, Yeah, exactly, and he doesn't like anger management.
Speaker 2: But anyways, I learned that from jiu jitsu class.
Speaker 1: There you go anyways shout out to Yeah, I guess I guess it's good, but I didn't know how to accurately kill people. I never tried it though, you know, yeah, you never.
Speaker 3: We used to try it at school. I'm not gonna we would do that thing, yeah, dude. We would just come up and we're like, how far can it go? How far can it go? And we would just stop because like we were going to go full on, like let me break your neck, but we would try and be like how.
Speaker 2: Far can I twist your head around?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And then you just discovered that there's just a normal range of motion.
Speaker 1: But all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back with our underrated and some.
Speaker 4: News and we're back miles.
Speaker 1: What is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Stretching, core strength, hamstring strength. I it's happened, folks.
Speaker 2: I have managed to have relatively few back.
Speaker 3: Issues as I enter middle age, But on Sunday, I don't know what the fuck happened. Now, unofficially, I may have been watching a football match. We cannot I will not confirm, just because I don't need her majesty to know about this. But I may have tried to kick an imaginary soccer ball while pacing in front of my television and may have done my back on the right side for some reason.
Speaker 2: Okay, now then that's not it's not the relevant part.
Speaker 3: The fact is I have realized now that the wise words of my grandfather as that I'm reminded of those words as he told me as he was entering the final phase of his life, because I would always ask him for.
Speaker 2: Stuff like what did you what do you know? Like what are you what are you excited about?
Speaker 3: Like what do you what's like from your perspective, like you've been through so much like World Wars, being fucking black in Chicago in the thirties, Like what what what can you give me? He would always just consistently just say, just make sure you stretch, keep your body limber, keep your body flexible. Of all this shit this man has done. He was always consistently saying, like, just keep your shit limber. You don't want to get all stiff or just don't do that shit. And here I am stiff and shit with my you know, podcast or life. So now I'm like, I'm realizing I will I will heed these words and I will dedicate myself to increased flexibility, core strength and all that because it's uh, can't take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took it for granted. Took it for granted a little bit.
Speaker 3: So if you have any tips on how to recover, I'm not too bad, Like I can get up and like help out and do ship most ship like with the baby, but there's just some trunk rotation stuff, some neck turns that every now and then we'll just get me.
Speaker 1: You gotta blame it on the baby, man. You can't. You cannot as much does I want to. You can't. Let can't blame thing happened because it's it's so stupid, dude, So get you need a sure that her Majesty gives you that you can do and then be.
Speaker 2: Like this take out the trash.
Speaker 3: But like, nah, I mean I think it's honestly, she was even like, bro, you need to fucking stretch more. You need to you need to put a little more strength in that back.
Speaker 2: I was like you're right, You're right, You're right, I've been doing back.
Speaker 1: There was people listeners, keen listeners may remember that there was like a week and a half where I was in hell, like I couldn't I couldn't sit still for the recordings because my back was so fucked up. And yeah, I saw a physical therapist and he gave me like some exercises and like there we I have a like a list of stretches and exercises that I'll send your way. I send them along specifically for lower low back stuff.
Speaker 3: But you know, I know, yeah, I know, we have physiology. There's a lot I've clocked some of the people that followed me. I know there's some physiologists, some physios out here that follow me. Yo, hit me with some I know, y'all know, uh so help me out here. But it's like one of these things I was telling you. When I watch like high stakes like sporting events, I can't help but contort my body along with what's happening on the screen, like watching basketball, soccer, fucking and then whatever the fuck, like I'm like some suddenly like I'm all my fucking energies, like in my right leg with all of my foot pressing down on the ground or some weird shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, I'll just I just.
Speaker 2: Got to make I guess, maybe relax a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have the overactive mirror neurons. Uh. When I'm watching boxing in particular, I am ducking and weaving and it is mortifying. I can't stop my body from doing it, and it's so embarrassing. People are like, wow, you really are you a do you box or something?
Speaker 2: HOI jack.
Speaker 1: That's the thing Like when I uh lived in Ireland for a semester, I started like saying the occasional stray word in an Irish accent, and I was like, God, this is so fucking embarrassing. But I don't know. It's just my brain is like very susceptible to just imitating whatever is happening.
Speaker 3: You can be one of those like white people who like lives abroad like and it's like.
Speaker 2: So we need to get electri tricity for home. It's like, just just speak English.
Speaker 1: How you say culcumber?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, cucumber?
Speaker 1: Oheah, God, all right? My underrated is how fucking big moose are? I guess they're fucking big dude, yo, moose are fucking big. I think we just need to start calling them elk because that they that is the same thing, same species, just two different words for the same species. And when it's an elk, it seems like some somehow more majestic, and moose just sounds so dumb. But yeah, you think Rocky and bowl winkle. Like I saw there's a viral video on Reddit from over the weekend where moose is just eating from the top of a tree. Yeah, and like, but there's like cars nearby and you can see its size, and it's just like, if if you told me the this was a mythical creature or like an animal that existed during the Jurassic, I feel like I would be more into it than I or at least as a kid, I would have been. Like, I feel like I've been robbed of years of just being like, holy shit, oh yeah about elk and moose. They're besize the fucking trucks they.
Speaker 3: Look mythical, Like when you see the ones where like they're like that video like in Alaska ones walking down the road and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, is this from fucking Lord of the Rings or some shit?
Speaker 1: The fuck is this?
Speaker 2: And it's to the point where like you got this.
Speaker 3: When I saw you writing this up, I was kind of getting interested in like how powerful they are.
Speaker 2: And there's like no shortage of people debating.
Speaker 3: Like like what what animals could fuck each other up? And there's like a lot of debate about like bison fighting elk, like who has the fucking edge, and shit, they're like, maib it's a straight up kicking match. The fucking moose is gonna kick the fuck out of the bison. If we're budding, the bison will get the fucking elk.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. I'm so people are, I get it. It's yeah, people are. They're they're captured by the majesty the power.
Speaker 1: I was using the hell out of TV tropes this weekend of looking at movies that have the next snap thing. But also I was like, why in pop culture our moose depicted is so dumb. They're just like yeah, right, the hook, I'm a mood, you know, like they're just and yeah, there's a whole TV tropes right up about how they're you know, there there's nothing to say they aren't as smart as other deer species, and in fiction, uh, they are just always so so dumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we have this like you know, like uh, carnivore carnivore.
Speaker 2: Apex predator bias.
Speaker 3: I feel like where it's like if you're not eating the fuck out of like other animals, ripping them apart, like the miss us with the dangerous shit because like as we.
Speaker 2: All know, like like I remember that was like one of.
Speaker 3: Those factor kids, Like, dude, the hip hoopotam is is actually one of the most dangerous mother animals out here.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Up doing the ballet and fantasia exactly.
Speaker 3: Nah nah, And then you see it and you're like, oh, these are just fucking they're like, uh, industrial vehicles with arms and legs.
Speaker 1: God, it's amazing how the like I can't like the very first image when you say hippopotamus, in my mind is a hippopotamus and it too too, Like that's strong knew what he was going. All right, Uh, let's get into some news over the weekend. We have an update. Yeah, that Simpson's story that we talked about last week, where you know, Homer said, I'm just kidding, like we've changed with the times. I don't choke part anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things are different now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but apparently not so much.
Speaker 3: Nah, James hell Brooks Simpson, you know, take it to the hunt Treehouse of Horrors, you know, the fame, famed EP of the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Uh. He needed apparently correct the record here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh so he said to People magazine, quote, nothing's getting tamed. Nothing, nothing, nothing. He'll continue to be strangled, if you want to use that awful term for it.
Speaker 2: He'll continue to be loved by.
Speaker 3: His father in a specific way.
Speaker 2: And so what was your childhood like.
Speaker 1: James strangled? If you want to use that awful term for.
Speaker 2: It, I'm like, what other? What is it? Like? Independent massage, like unlicensed neck massage? What are you what else could it be? It's strangulation?
Speaker 3: But yeah, many it seems like a lot of people had noted that it had been like like a while actually since uh we actually saw Homer choke him out on screen, and but it apparently was not an official decision by this show. I think people coupled that with that loose line from the last episode. I'm like, oh, I guess they're done with it, because on the Simpsons official Twitter account our former or formerly x, they were suggesting that like it was clickbait, like where there it's a depiction of Homer strangling Bart with his tongue going hat but it says, why you little clickbaiting? And uh what is it? Bart is holding a phone that says Simpsons, no more strangling. Mm hm So I think I think Matt Groening.
Speaker 2: Set the record straight there too.
Speaker 1: Damn yeh were So do they have smartphones in the Simpsons universe? Actually I have not.
Speaker 2: It's been it's been a while, as they.
Speaker 1: Say, a while. Yeah, all right, Uh we have we have an update in baby technology that unneeded, unnecessary in my opinion, But some new ship just dropped for your baby ship to show your baby how uh, how balling your baby is, how hard you're how your baby needs to feel the spoils of your grind set mindset.
Speaker 3: Also exactly you want people to know a way hold on, I need to follow this baby for tips on how to get lambeau because so I'm looking at hype Beast. There's a story about how I was like, why is Hype's talking about baby products? I'm like, okay, this kind of intersects with my shit like streetwear and parenthood, and I was like, is there a supreme diaper bag or something like that. Not really behold Dior Christian Dior baby perfumes and shit, they have like a whole line. They have a Lemouse tres fondant forming cleanser for the hair, face, and body ninety five dollars.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: They have another one if you have sensitive baby, also ninety five dollars. The moisturizing hydration milk is one hundred and fifteen dollars. But the kicker here is the don etual, the two hundred and thirty dollars scented water, which is basically perfume for infants.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, it's like alcohol free.
Speaker 3: So they're like, hey, before you start, there's no alcohol in it.
Speaker 2: But like I get that there will always be like the super.
Speaker 3: High level, luxury level items of like our everyday products, like sure, you want to blow a hundred dollars on baby soup, like do your thing, Courtney Kardashian, But like I have trouble with the perfume part really, like, as a new parent, the last thing I want to do with my new baby is to hide that new baby's smell.
Speaker 2: Like no, that's like that's like part of the whole shit. It's like, wow, man, it's like this baby is like fucking mine.
Speaker 3: I'm connecting to it rather than like sprinkling fucking shit that has hints of pair wild rows and white musks. No enough white musks on the internet, bro, Now, let me fucking have my baby smell beautiful in peace.
Speaker 2: So it just does.
Speaker 3: I just don't it seems like so extra, Like babies don't need fucking perfume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like having uh taken two uh people through babyhood up through you know, like the products that exist are like the the gentle shampoos always smell good first of all, and you know like they I mean I don't, I don't know they they they work pretty well, they're cheap. And then we had like a dermatologist friend tell us very early that for basically like ninety percent of skin conditions just like rub aquafor on it. Like if they were like not a friend, I would have assumed they were like sponsored by aqua for like you know, had like weird relationship with aquaphor because they were like, yeah, no, it's just magic, like you just it's great, like ye breast, like yo, you have.
Speaker 2: Some breast milk on there. I'm like, what they're like yeah, shit works.
Speaker 3: That's just so wild that, like you don't need to buy ninety five dollars shit, just fucking aqua, Like I have that little rub on stick he was, you know, the guys child was getting like little baby like little bumps and ship.
Speaker 1: The baby baby acne. Yeah, I mean, don't.
Speaker 2: Need it, don't need to spend your money on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know though, maybe that moisturizing hydration milk life trade tendre for one dollars, so it has to be worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was funny because I was this morning. I told her mad I was like, yo, look at this ship.
Speaker 3: And she was like like is that Sephora And I'm like yeah, she's like she's like, I'm just like I don't I don't want to buy it. But she's like, I'm curious what people think would be inappropriate. Even that concept of perfume on a baby, right, Like the most I've ever gone is like being like particular about like the scent of detergent, Like that's the closest closest I've.
Speaker 2: Been like, that's how I want my baby to smell. But even then, it's it's not that serious.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that serious. It does suggest a like back room where they where, Like these people who have been in the fashion industry for too long are are like so everyone agrees babies smell like shit, right, yeah, they're all like yeah, here here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my baby's four or five cigarettes. My baby's always at Korean barbecue, you know what I mean, all.
Speaker 2: Night coming back. Just can't get that stink out of their clothes.
Speaker 1: It's for French babies because they smoke, you know, yeah, four or five yeah, yeah, after after you have an interessing session, the baby wants to smoke a couple of cigarettes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 3: It's just also the vibe like if someone handed me a bait and like, oh, look at your man, Like the.
Speaker 2: Why is this baby all perfumed up? Weird? It's just I don't know, like if just it's puts its off putting to me. Yeah, yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back with some political nudes.
Speaker 5: Oh and we're back. Well, you're back, and OURFK.
Speaker 1: Junior's polling is hitting historic levels, according to CNN. Brow Yeah, he's like twenty two percent nationally. In a Quinnipiac poll upward of twenty five percent in the sixth closest states in the twenty twenty election that Biden won. And you know, some people are like, yeah, that's good for Biden because it's going to like pull in the mega people who can't abide Trump having anything to do with the vaccine. But it's still like we don't know that, Like we didn't get the polling right, like it nobody got the fucking pulling right last time when there were only two candidates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think a lot of it was like going off of their reaction of Republicans because I think the at first the instinct was like it's going like it seems like he has more appeal with uh Trump voters. But like now the polling just seems to show that it's like, okay, in a two way race, like Trump is like winning these states pretty handily. It looks like as like with that polling, like what that what that view gave us with that polling, And they're like now enter RFK.
Speaker 2: They're like, man, we don't even know who the fuck would win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's like to the point like they don't know who it fucks up worse, right, because neither candidate gets to forty percent in those states, they were.
Speaker 1: Saying, Jesus, yeah, I don't know it. Also, it's just frustrating because it continues to demonstrate the trend that we've seen in the last decade where people are hungy for an outsider candidate because it's clear to them that the current system is rigged against it. Like it's it's like, for some reason, after the two thousand and eight financial collapse, when the people who caused it and are wealthiest got bailed out, like seems like there started to be this movement towards wanting somebody who was not a not allowing that not tied to that decision, not financially tied to Wall Street. And since then we've seen like the overperformance of like the Bernie Sanders campaign, like overperformance by based on like what everybody was expecting in the mainstream media and what political analysts were saying. We've seen obviously Donald Trump get elected president, and now we're seeing Kennedy like it's it just all seems to be responding to the same trend of, like, you know, the people wanting something besides these main core parties that are you know, governed by mainly like finance and you know, relationships with major corporations, and the Democratic Party is doubling down on kind of the most system guy possible, like the guy who is there the big d Democratic parties like main dude for the past okay, seventeen decad I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, mom, I'm hungry. I want change. We got change at home. Ye, it's it's wait, is it that old loaf of bread again? Yeah? Yeah, that's right. Yeah better than Mcdonald's'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it just feels like a waiting game where they're just waiting around for this trend to kick them in the dick again.
Speaker 3: And well both you see the same thing, Like whether it's Democrats not figuring out like that, maybe they need to shift their policies. It's like I was gonna put this in the dock, but like, uh, the what's Mitt Romney's niece, Ronna McDaniel, the head of the RNC, she's like tripling down on the abortion thing for the Republicans to She's like, yeah, it's a winning message even though there's no data or real life result, like real life outcomes to like support that statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the parties themselves really seem like they're just incapable of responding to the fact that there is this man massive shift happening.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're seeing it's it's happening in real time.
Speaker 3: Like it's not just like in so many ways, other people are like beginning to become aware of like foreign policy and what the United States role is in a lot of that, our own finances and like where the money flows to and who is actually you know, being able to exercise power over workers and things like that, and there's still be like, I don't know, it's like we can triple down on this bullshit and see what happens there. But I get it, Like it's in a way, how can how can you expect a machine that's been running on this same programming to switch fucking gears, like when the whole point is to keep people in power powerful and keep the wealthy wealthy or wealthiest, so to even begin to like move one lever of that, Like you see how the machine responds to people who are like, what if we fucking tax the fuck out of these wealthy ass people and be like get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: Don't ever say that you're freaking weirdo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's why I'm expecting big things for the Forward Party, remember them.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well now there's no labels too, and you got Joe Manchin might be running under that one.
Speaker 1: No labels.
Speaker 2: The boy Jill Stein said she's thrown her hat back in the ring.
Speaker 1: There's a lot.
Speaker 2: There's many to choose from, folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a lot out there, all right, Tim Scott, uh not, this is one less to choose from for forever listeners who are who vote Republican? Gotta be Do you think there's any do you think what like any of our listeners people who still listen to this who like vote Republican? Yeah, damn, all right, you guys.
Speaker 3: I've heard people, I mean I've I've definitely received messages that indicate that there are or people being like, I'm trying to be open minded, but yeah, you go too far with the Republican stuff.
Speaker 1: The Republican bad. Well, we appreciate everybody listening, you know, I mean.
Speaker 3: Or there's also shout out to people who there are a couple of people who said they started off being more conservative and then through listening to the show, realized that like you can be like humane and not like put a label on shit and feel like you're betraying your grandfather by not being Republican anymore kind of shit.
Speaker 1: So we're on our own.
Speaker 2: Journeys, you know what I mean. And if you hop on this train, welcome.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no judgment. Uh. Tim Scott has dropped out of the Republican primary race. But the way he so, people were expecting us because like his his numbers have not been been in the garbage. Yeah, they've just been in the garbage. And then like kind of stayed there and people are like, it's time for Tim Scott's big move and then like nothing, nothing would happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we played his big move when he stumbled through that statement, being like and if you don't like then you you can just leave the country.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, we'll not having yes, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Senator Scott in the country.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So according to uh Scott, it's because the voters were telling him not now, Tim. I don't I don't think they're saying Trey, because he's talking to Trey Gowdy, his homie Tray. I don't think they're saying no. But I do think they're saying not now.
Speaker 2: That is some predator as logic right there.
Speaker 3: That Bro, Okay, I know it sounds like no, but what I hear is not set. I saw him a try in like five minutes, right, Like what the fucker shut up, You're not doing anything because you're we whatever. I know, Tim, you you believed in yourself and you had a made up girlfriend and everything laid out and this is this is the thanks you get.
Speaker 1: But so Goudy seems like genuinely surprised by this. They wrote a book together, first of all, for people who are not familiar with just political books that get published and absolutely nobody reads. Uh, there's a Tim Scott Trey Goudy book where it's like how our unlikely friendship gives us hope for a different country or for a divided country. It's like, why what what is so unlikely about your friends?
Speaker 2: It's because they're like, bro, we're from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: White people and black people should not be friends like.
Speaker 1: You guys have the same exact politics.
Speaker 3: It's not like Trey Gaudy and like ton of easy colts or some shit.
Speaker 2: Like maybe they're i'd like whoa, but not just conservatives from the same state.
Speaker 3: Like I like the fact that you're saying it's unlikely means like you're like because racism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're racist. Trey Goudy is racist like that essent really the only way it's I'm like the fuck. But yeah, it seemed like so Trey Gowdy, who is his like shockingly his friend uh seemed surprised. Also, his staff didn't know and only found out after watching the show. His campaign even sent out a fundraising email less than half an hour before he made the announcement with the subject one last chance, so all that, Like, yeah, you know, he like made the decision like minutes before he went on maybe and the like it was communicated, but no, like nobody on his staff knew. Also weird, he canceled events in Iowa just a few days ago because he had the flu, and when Fox, when the Fox interview begins, he says he really does have the flu, but is looking forward to getting back on the campaign trail when he's better, and then he announces that he's dropping out like thirty seconds later. Yeah, this, this whole exchange was really odd. I feel like we witnessed him make the decision to.
Speaker 3: Drop quit in real time. We'll play it's because it is. It's just like what he switches it up. You can tell when, like knowing where this is headed. You can tell like the moment the rhetoric kind of changes and you're like, oh, he about to quit.
Speaker 6: Who is battling not only his fellow competitors, but also battling the flu Let me start by asking, how are you feeling, Dallas one this afternoon?
Speaker 2: So I guess you're feeling shout out, Dak.
Speaker 6: But how are you feeling? And when are you going to get back on the campaign trail.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you anytime Dak Prescott has five touchdowns, you feel better about everything.
Speaker 3: I can't even take I can't even believe him when he says that, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm Dak Prescott has.
Speaker 2: Five touchdowns for his squad run.
Speaker 1: It is a yeah, but it feels like you're just reading the box score.
Speaker 2: Man and did and had and I think he had two iNTS. So I've been drinking a lot of water.
Speaker 7: I'll be down for another couple of days, but I'm looking forward to getting back on the campaign trail with Aunty question traight. One of the things I would recommend every single American.
Speaker 8: I know it's not possible, by the way, if you ever want to love your country more, run for president this country. Meeting people has been one of the most fantastic experiences.
Speaker 2: Changed the shift life.
Speaker 7: America more today till I did on May twenty second. But when I go back to Iowa, it will not be as a presidential candidate. I am suspending my campaign. I think the voters, who are the most remarkable people on the planet have been really clear that they're telling me not now.
Speaker 8: Tim.
Speaker 7: I don't think they're saying trade no, but I do think they're saying not now.
Speaker 1: And so, yeah, Trey's eyes got even smaller, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went from pinholes to I don't know what's smaller than that.
Speaker 1: In a snowbank. Because my mom once said about me rolling in extremely hungover. Guy's rolled in with your eyes looking like piss holes in a snowbank. I was like, damn, calamity, Jane Folk, come from.
Speaker 2: Fucking dead Wood.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, rest in power to that campaign.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know. I feel like a lot of people were saying Tim Scott is gonna be Trump's VP candidate, but I don't. I don't know if we saw enough. Who knows? I am no political analyst.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, if yeah, what follow up Mike Pence with Tim Scott, Yeah, I mean he would be I feel like he would just say nothing. I mean, I don't doubt any person who's picked a VP, they're gonna know what the what time it is, and they're just gonna be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yep, I'm just gonna knock it.
Speaker 3: And I will be in the pictures and when there's a bunch of racist it happening, I will have to deploy my race to defend this administration that's right, which maybe I don't know who knows.
Speaker 2: They're They're like they're test their raptors.
Speaker 3: Testing the fences, so who knows what kind of fucking ideas they got. They're already trying to figure out how to completely replace like bureaucrats with people that are willing to let them do whatever the fuck they want if they take.
Speaker 2: The White House. So yeah, it doesn't seem like anything's off the table.
Speaker 1: And finally, we will not be getting to see Coyote versus Acme, the live action CG animation hybrid that completed principal photography, so like they wrapped on like making the movie like the physical part of production last year in New Mexico. It was I don't know, people seem to really like it. It was testing extremely well. It cost seventy two million dollars to make stars like John Cena, produced by James Gunn, did really well with test audiences, and Warner Brothers just fucking shelved it.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: See, like indefinitely. Was like we're not gonna put it out just yet. They're like, we are saying this is not coming out ever, and we're taking the tax right off for real. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean everyone's like, oh, this is it's a giving batgirl. Uh just yeah, we have a movie and we're gonna say no and then we're just going to do it for a tax right off, even though people spent fucking hours and hours and hours making it unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, like the Amazon was apparently interested in buying it, but like that wouldn't allow them to do the tax right off thing. So I mean, obviously this isn't the most important problem in the world, but it does just like get back to the way that like the corporatization of everything is just so fucked and like the thing things have become so twisted and just against the win of the people and just like you know, we're ruled by whatever fucking David Zaslov thinks is a good idea for right, you know, making getting getting a tax right off? Well, because I think his like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to spend fifty million to market it, how about it just eat it and just get a thirty million dollar right off.
Speaker 1: But they do that all the time, just like fucking drop the thing on streaming and like nobody know, you know, barely exists.
Speaker 3: They must be fucking they must be in the raing like Cardi b you know what I mean, I don't know what the fuck is going on if that like that logic is because like you to your point, they're like people, this is testing well, so presumably it would make money and it is just kind of like the Prime. I didn't even really know about this movie until like these sort of write ups started happening the last month or so.
Speaker 2: But yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: Cool, Like I don't know, it seems like it probably could have done Okay, you know what.
Speaker 1: We have a last minute update to this story. Apparently the public backlash was so swift over the weekend that they are now saying they will allow the movie to be sold off. So basically they said they were gonna dump it, got a lot of attention for that and probably drove up the price for buying it, or did they.
Speaker 3: I don't know, is it like does that drive with the price? Be like, yo, bro, I can't even put this shit out. I'm gonna just eat it as a tax right off. Yeah, and then you can be oh, yeah, yeah, you can get that ship for what I make for seventy two, So you can get that shit for like one.
Speaker 1: Time, right. Yeah. Hopefully this doesn't be come there like they're holding everybody hostage by being like, yeah, you know that movie you want to see, We're deleting it from our servers. Fuck y'all unless unless you come in and pay us one hundred million dollars. Yeah, just roll.
Speaker 3: He's like a gunpoint being like I know y'all love et.
Speaker 2: I'll fucking do it unless somebody buys it. Although that's not Warner, but you can get the picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I could see that in the future, Like it seems like it makes sense based on where we're with a gun to his head every night when I close my eyes. Man. All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, November thirteenth. Yep, we are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show YEA. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,