Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison and New He scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are players loud.
Speaker 3: Let's ry he go, he kept it, He kept the last ride. Man, shout out the rust man. Man he did get bade big if he got a thirty seventies, he wiping his face with all hundreds. Let me go ahead and cry with these man, you know the crew. Danny McCrae, Heck Maharrison, Barry Church, he scruggs. So Russell Wilson being mentioned in Denver on the second day at QUANTSA, Well, you know, I don't get they ain't that song.
Speaker 4: He's due, I said, I think it's the fifth day of the league year. He's doe thirty seven million guaranteed. So if you he gets hurt in these last two games, well then he's getting straight back. So you know what they did like they did there car Hey, Hey, young fellers.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's a thirty whatever. On top of what he was already gonna get right.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be get so.
Speaker 3: Now if they want to make a move, you know.
Speaker 4: It's a dirty game. They're too young to man what Nino said.
Speaker 5: What it's never business, it's never person it's never persons.
Speaker 2: Always. He's having a good season, so he gets all.
Speaker 3: Does he get the guaranteed he signed for when he first signed up for the for the.
Speaker 2: So mostly what they'll do quartering right?
Speaker 4: And it was an article by two days ago that Florio had put it out there Pro Football Talk got com basically thirty seven mili guaranteed by the league year fifth and he had posted like do you sent him?
Speaker 2: Because what they did with carlast and it's got Florido is a real piece of work. Man, are you gonna put that in the universe like that? That's crazy. That's a real piece Seriously.
Speaker 4: So this is something that every I mean, if you, if you are a team, you got to ask you do we want to pay him? And it's clear by the things that Sean Payton has been saying, he's not sold on Russell. So instead of paying him to thirty seven mili, you get ready to make up a post June cut and you start slicing.
Speaker 5: So the question is are they gonna now going to be paying him to go away because of the part of his contract that it's still guaranteed.
Speaker 4: They're basically going to get so because the thirty seven mil would have been guaranteed on June fifth, I mean March fifth, you cut him. Now you will designate him to be a post June one cut. He's not gonna get that money, and so now you're gonna have to eat that that that.
Speaker 2: But you're right less than what is it? Less than what it would have been had.
Speaker 4: He Basically it's almost kind of gonna kind of even out there. But bottom line is Sean doesn't want Yeah, and if you're Sean Payton, you go to you just say, guys, look you saw where we were. This is not good enough. You're seven and eighteen right now, is what it is.
Speaker 2: They eliminated.
Speaker 3: They eliminated because O wait, holda chiefs leading it right, they're nine and six in that division with Tumo left, which.
Speaker 2: Is crazy and I don't believe have they even clinched.
Speaker 4: Right now to the third seed? So Baltimore is your one seed. So this is the way we're looking in the first rounds of Baltimore gets a buy in AFC, then it would be Miami is a two seed against Indianapolis. But obviously we know Miami Baltimore played this week. But right now, currently Miami getst Indy and because Indy's the seventy three seeds Kansas City, they would face Buffalo to.
Speaker 3: Six seed, and then it would be a game duvall the fourth seed against Cleveland the fifth seed. That's what that's the current playoff.
Speaker 2: So Buffalo is what they once gave over five hundred, right ninety six.
Speaker 4: Well, they're projected to be ninety six right now, but right now Buffalo is, yeah, ninety six right now, ninety six right now, and Buffalo, Buffalo's got New England at home, and then they're on the road in the season of the road at Miami, So that's where that's where they're out there. Then over here on the NFC side, you've got San Francisco is your one seed, then your seventh seventh seed is Seattle and they would go to Philadelphia the two seeds to the Lord's Work. The sixth seed would be the Rams at the third seed of Detroit Lions and the five seed Cowboys right now would be at the four seed Tampa Bay. So that's the current playoffs you wish.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you you're gonna eat those words. Sometime. You're gonna come say that. Put it going, even if it's not in the first round.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, if you if you end up not getting the two seed and you have to go on the road for the entirety of the playoffs, you you were eating those works of like. We have not performed well on the road, which is thank goodness. We were at home.
Speaker 2: This week is Detroit early, but thank goodness went home Campbell. Cowboys can still win this thing. They still get the two seeds. That's what I want. Play out, go, let play. What do you still want the five seed?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that still your your stance? I wouldn't do it. I go either way. No, see got here. He was all off the fence.
Speaker 3: You was you was want Look, look, you know Bakers played well, but I can see what the matchups.
Speaker 2: So you're talking about why the five seed would be attractive.
Speaker 4: Now I say this, You say two seed now Seattle versus I just want the Rams.
Speaker 2: So this two seeds Seattle, Yeah, shut me up. I take the Rams. At home five, take Tampa on the road.
Speaker 4: So my whole premise was not wanting any parts of you. So now Seattle sitting here at seven Rams, are sitting here six Rams Detroit first round.
Speaker 7: Boo.
Speaker 2: That that's good TV right there, Sign me up to watch that one.
Speaker 5: I mean that forty nine ers in Rams game at the end of the season is gonna be a that's gonna be a duce.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, yes, sir. So look, forty nine ers. We'll go here looking at the forty nine ers schedule at Washington this week.
Speaker 2: Again, that's the payback.
Speaker 5: Y'all feel no kind of way about jacobet start, Well, you might be missing, might be missing William.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get tried. So you might be missing.
Speaker 5: In Washing so they gotta make that flight. Yeah, got a growing injury. Yeah, so you know I can see that he was. I imagine he won't be playing this week because you want to getting ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's your only hope over for both.
Speaker 3: Well, NBC guys is out there when Washington went to go play out there at the Rams, and he tweets a picture of a sofi seems like you never know anything happened.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, you know, that's right, it's not going to get that. Poor Terry McLaurin. They're wasting his life and career. And Jonathan Allen and I don't know, man, I don't know if he wanted that bad.
Speaker 2: So so you got that.
Speaker 3: Talking about these Cowboys they are a six point favorite at home against Detroit.
Speaker 2: Huh, yes, like that. They smoking on it. They trying to set you up. Come on, they stay rich for.
Speaker 3: By the way, breaking news here, Cowboys release linebacker Rashaan Evans after marijuana rest.
Speaker 4: Just came up on the thing there.
Speaker 2: So I hate to see it. But at least he got Christmas in. He's not ext Christmas.
Speaker 5: How do you, as a player who was brought in mid season, knowing that you have to do everything you possibly can to stay on this roster, slip up like that.
Speaker 2: I just don't like. I don't understand.
Speaker 5: It's something that you're gonna look back on five years from now and be like, man, this team go to the playoffs and all a sudden make a run, and then that is the reason why you weren't a part of that. That that that roster with all the work that you put in, and that's the news out there tonight and the next person who's thinking about picking.
Speaker 2: You up as the word like, that's just I just don't.
Speaker 5: I never understand that it's a bad situation, but it still doesn't help us, it don't. I mean, the linebacker room is thin, and we're already in the position right now where your main concern and word is stopping to run.
Speaker 2: I don't that's it.
Speaker 5: We gotta stop the run and we need linebackers to do it, and we can't have enough of them. It's it's a team that going into training camp you thought you were pretty solid at the linebacker position and then one a cl injury to Overshawn later that's real, next day, next thing, you know, that's the thinnest room on defense. So I don't know how we especially coming up this week against Detroit, because you're gonna need your linebackers to.
Speaker 2: Play till you're gonna need your linebackers.
Speaker 3: And is there any word on on Hankins, any word on Hanks being able to play.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need somebody and it does.
Speaker 5: Sound like they sounds like now listen after the negative yesterday, Okay, I do want to I do want to speak positively about.
Speaker 2: My man dan Quinn.
Speaker 5: Somebody's phone is on. Let's see be in the back. I want to speak positively about dan Quinn. Okay, for just because of what you said. You go into the season knowing that you have an overshun an lve. You're looking at DeMont Clark, You're looking at your linebacker room and about Janell Cox, and then and then the injury start to strike.
Speaker 2: Okay, and whatever he's been able to.
Speaker 5: Do with all those injuries, and then putting in a guy like Marku's Bell and saying, hey, I think you can be successful. Not as successful as one of like a natural linebacker, but serviceable enough for us to make it through this point in the season. That takes some work and some trust in what you can see and get out of a player. So I want to give some props on that. And I'm still staying the tall on this. Maami. Listen, twenty two points. You got to get the dub twenty two dollars, you got to get the done. This team put up seventy on the Denver Bronco. I watched them at Denver has a good defense. I just you know, in the playoffs, I e aspective.
Speaker 4: You know, if they win this game and they're six point favorite here surprising, how would you feel because you you would be beating a division winner who can run the football, which has been your achilles here, and you would complete a perfect home record and getting ready to face a Washington team that has been giving up right now, and they are four and eleven right now, they get they get San Francisco's this week.
Speaker 2: So I'm about to say they four to twelve. Yeah, you're right about that. I feel good? Would you feel good?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: I would feel good if they were able to go out there and beat this Detroit team. Because when you look at it, we all understand what's going to happen in this game. It's going to be a playoff atmosphere. You got, you know, two teams competing for seeding as far as the playoffs are concerned. So you know you're gonna get the most out of each and every team. You look at that Quinn, what he's able to bring to Detroit, you know you're gonna get a sixty minute battle. I mean that's what it's gonna be on both sides of the football, offensively, in defensive.
Speaker 2: Camp Yeah, with the camera.
Speaker 3: So then with that Detroit team. Offensively, you know what their best thing is, that's their offensive line. So it's gonna go against all defensive line versus their offensive line. To me, is gonna be the matchup that's gonna solve this game because if you're able to slow down that run, which is it's a doozy because they got two big time backs.
Speaker 2: You talk about Montgomery, you talk about Gibbs.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like Pollard and Elliott last year when you got that thunder lightning combo. So if you're able to slow that down and force it into Jared Goff's hands. We all know that man is a statue in the backfield. He's a statue. If you give him time, he could pick you apart. But if you go into it similar to what you did in the Rams game when you had a statue at quarterback like Matt Stafford, if you're able to harass this man, it could be a blowout. Now that's a lot of ifs because we understand what they bring us as far as that run game. But to me, that's the matchup that's that's gonna be. The big time thing is that offsive line in the trenches.
Speaker 2: So hackn Harrison. They win this game, then how you feeling now? Man?
Speaker 5: First of all, it's an if, is a big old if right now, and I feel good if they win it because I feel like this is your tough your toughest opponent that you face at home, on offense and on defense. I think that Detroit is a tough team that a lot of people may be not looking at or undervaluing what they can do in the playoffs. But I think this is a dangerous team that's starting to catch fire at the right time.
Speaker 2: And it's funny how.
Speaker 5: When you look at this Gibbs kid from Detroit, how similar he looks to James Cook, just his ability in open field, but also as a receiver, does something out.
Speaker 2: Of the backfield, catches the ball, and he's really good.
Speaker 5: I think the one area for me is and I'm with you, I've always wanted that number two seed because I felt like we're so much better at home. Offensively, we're so much better at home, and in that game versus Miami, Like you're saying they get twenty two points, you need to score thirty points. Yes, that's all it is to it, right, But I feel like we place so much better at home defensively, we got to figure out a way to get our mojo back.
Speaker 2: However, we gotta do it. We got to sell out to do it. Whatever we have, we've got to get it right at home.
Speaker 5: Versus a Detroit Lions team that their offensive line is if we thought we had a challenge against the Bills, if we thought we had a challenge against some of these other teams that's brought to physicality. This is a Bills team, I mean, this is a Lions squad that is also very physical at the line of scrimmage. And man, they're playing for Dan Kimbell. I mean, I know he's a guy that you've been talking about for a while now, and just what he represents in the way that those guys are playing for him. And you can just get a feeling from that team that they'll run through a brick wall for Dan Campbell right now.
Speaker 2: Gibbs, you guys like Gibbs gives them.
Speaker 5: Montgomery, I think if we win this game, it depends on how the game plays out, because for me, I want to see us be able to consistently stop the run. Okay, and then we ran up against Buffalo didn't do so well, all right, I am. I feel better about our run defense based off how we played against Miami.
Speaker 2: So real quick, would that be a good run stopping for you?
Speaker 5: If we go against De Troy and held them to the amount in Miami, Yes, if you held him to a team like that, you're going to beat that team. Because Jared Goff, as good as he's been playing, if you put the game in his hands, he's probably going to turn the ball over multiple times. But if you let them get into this position where they can run the ball, then they got play action and then La Porter can get rolling.
Speaker 2: Now you have an issue. But if you stop them like you.
Speaker 5: Stopped Miami Montgomery and Gibbs, then I feel like you have a very good chance of winning this game. Not only this game, but then that gives you the confidence to say, Okay, this is one of the better running teams in the league. Yes, when we go up and face another team that specializes in running the football, you know for a fact that you can get it done because you've done it against Miami, who was a top five and now you're doing it against Detroit. And that's what we've been waiting to see the entire year because that's been our Achilles Hills in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Can we stop the run? Where's Gibbs from?
Speaker 6: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Right away, he's still talking about my my man just won the hous this year, just got the Heisman Trophy, and he over talking about Gibbs in my in Alabama.
Speaker 2: I know why he didn't go. I know he didn't go. He didn't go to your school. If we could get Tony Paula to play like Gibbs, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Does he have the opportunities gives is getting Is he getting the opportunity of Gibbs?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If somebody what is Gibs stats this year?
Speaker 5: First, you don't even got to pull up the stats, like eight hundred, you don't have to pull up the stats.
Speaker 2: It just looked different, Like it looks different. It looked different.
Speaker 5: And at this point he said that throughout the season, if Tony Paula got twenty carries, I do not believe that you will see anything drastically different, Like I like, I don't know how at this point, like we're like, how tell me the ideal way you would use Tony Pollard specifically, because you've been watching the season, you see how many times the man want to come out of the game.
Speaker 2: But is that is that him saying that I've seen them.
Speaker 5: I've seen it maybe two times the whole season where he goes like this, I don't know, I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I've seen I've seen him like this. You have to go off the field.
Speaker 5: So ideally, in a perfect world, what do you get from Tony Pollard?
Speaker 2: What like how many opportunities runs? Passes?
Speaker 5: Twenty five touches, total touches. Here's the thing I'm gonna say, Tony Poler has more yards and gifts. All right, But like you said, eyeball tests two different types of players. I'm only talking about from the receiving aspect when our short passing. And that's one of the questions I brought up about what do we have to do when the running game is because.
Speaker 2: Right now we don't have a running game.
Speaker 5: Let's keep it real, we don't have one, And so how do you go into the playoffs saying I don't have a running game. That's going to have to be an extension of the passing game, the show passing game that extends to the running game. For this offense to even be a threat in the postseason, because if we cannot test teams at the line of scrimmage, we're dead in the water, because then we become one dimensional and that's my only thing. We are searching desperately for another weapon. Teams already know we're gonna go to Ferguson. Teams already know we're gonna go to Cede Lamb, and they're already checking the fact that with Brandon Cooks, he trying to hit us on something deep with Cooks, which is like, and I understand the twenty five touches thing. I'm still on the like, Okay, we're not a running team, We're a passing team. You need to still find a way to get your top passing weapons involved.
Speaker 2: We have not consistently done that.
Speaker 5: Brandon Cooks last week two catches, two catches, two targets, one for a touchdown. We've been talking about this all season. What happens when you take away CD Lamb. Do we have an opportunity to get somebody else involved? Then we started seeing it's tober, it's gallup, it's turping. When you got a guy like Brandon Cooks out there, Now, I could just not be watching enough film and maybe he's getting cut and then I would admit that I was wrong, right, But until I get to watch all lift, I'm gonna say this. I've seen the guy and every time you throw him the ball, he has an opportunity to make a big time play, and he's done it with touchdowns or first downs.
Speaker 3: Looking at numbers here, just Tony Pollard two hundred nineteen carries for eight hundred eighty six yards, five touchdowns, Gibbs one hundred and fifty four carries for eight hundred and seventy two yards, nine touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Yards poort timp yards per timp tip me what that is. I had to go back, okay, because it seems much.
Speaker 3: Higher than on Montgomery one hundred ninety five carries for nine hundred and ten yards at eleven touchdowns.
Speaker 4: So those two are combined for twenty touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Man, so dangerous, do it? Geez? So it's different.
Speaker 4: But I would also come back into this, and I go back to what Skip Pete said when he was a running back.
Speaker 2: Oach here, man, you got to get these guys. It needs to be two dudes.
Speaker 3: Detroit's going with two dudes and with Pollard, That's what he felt the best way to use Tony so you want to go back to yards per average, and Montgomery is four point seven yards.
Speaker 4: Carrie Gibbs fight point seven. So if I were to say, how could you make Tony Pollard a better player? Go get another running back to pair with him, It's what.
Speaker 2: I would say it. But it's hard to strike like that.
Speaker 5: In the draft, when you get a guy like Gibbs and then you could bring the Montgomery, it's hard to be.
Speaker 2: Able to do that.
Speaker 5: I mean, but living in the now, living in the now of our situation, ric o'dalla, we asked that question a couple of weeks ago, how many carriashit ric o'dad'll getting that one to five? You know what we're seeing His production hasn't. It's not trending up in any way. And you saw in the first quarter Mike McCarthy come into the game and say, look on an Olypke, you know we need one yard. We're gonna give to forty a couple of times. We're gonna do this. I don't think that that was the plan. That's the plan going forward through the rest of the season and in the playoffs. But we've got to find a way because if teams are not threatened at all by us our inability to run, or just thinking that hey, third and one, they're gonna turn around hand this off third and two. We're doing tight end crossing routes man and that and that to me is that's the scary part. When you're in fourth and two and you passed the ball and you have no confidence whatsoever you run.
Speaker 2: But can we can we honestly.
Speaker 3: Say that Pollard has give got the opportunity this year to be that bell cow back? Can we honestly say that that he's gott an opportunity to get the touches that are number one running back should get.
Speaker 2: He got more than them, but based off he got two nineteen.
Speaker 5: But based off of what you're saying, you want him to be a twenty to twenty five a carry.
Speaker 3: Why not let him prove us wrong. Let him prove that he can't be that guy. What else do we have to lose when we had the running game is where it is right now. I mean you, there's no other option. You might as well give him little opportunities to be that And if he proves you wrong and says, hey, he can't do it, like like he can't be that number one guy.
Speaker 4: Then we start to push by pushing Pool with different running backs.
Speaker 3: But until that point, why not give him the opportunity to go out there and prove himself.
Speaker 2: I mean you give to everybody else.
Speaker 4: Let's get break Rake, gotta get a break in here on a We'll see Cowboys activated, somebody off the injury preserve list today. Let's talk about that next with Barry Church, Huck Maharrison, Danny mCrab New we Strokes. This is the Players Loune brought to you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys stock from Radio.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 5: Hi I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig two cool I Sie or Patalia bowl handcrafted with Crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To kick off the.
Speaker 9: Twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a nose star for that matter, And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys? Smeerenough knows there's there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home or away.
Speaker 7: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Enjoy premier dining, shopping and experiences from over twenty plus restaurant shops and more at the Star District. Check out women's boutique, Flea Style of Frisco and the official boot partner of the Dallas Cowboys, Luke Casey enjoyed New Year's celebrations at Snowbird Cocktail Lounge, Concrete Cowboy and Cityworks Eatery. Visit the Stardistrict dot com for more information and the full directory.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Heck Marrison, You're the Player's lines about to you by til Stedo's got damn Craye.
Speaker 2: We got bury Church. I'm new we strugged right here.
Speaker 4: So the Cowboys release linebacker Rashaan Evans after he was arrested for possession of marijuana Tuesday and Frisco. And as they waived him, they have made room for offensive tackle Matt Well. Let's go activated off the injured reserve after dealing with his shoulder injury that he suffered in training camp.
Speaker 5: So well, let's go back in there. So you need him, sure me dovera did it boy tell you to shim will be chilling all week. I'm just gonna go ahead practice, get these one reps and then let terror to tyre takeover.
Speaker 2: In the game. And then he finally had to go out there. It takes the live reps. They said. You know when the coach up top said get met, well, let's go get him right. We get met right.
Speaker 5: We got something back at the house that could do better than look out, look out, I look out. Eight Hutches are coming to town. Hut He's gonna find him a matchup. He gonna be around you find him a mansa unbelievable ready something back this week so whatever they injected him with the pills.
Speaker 2: What we're taking. Man, it works. Make sure when you go to the locker room you get that interview for us. Man. Serious, I'm not joking. I'm serious. We never do anything just it just doesn't. They just friends. They talk about back.
Speaker 5: Now what I do.
Speaker 4: I'm talking to him pregame do the brother head No, just no, we walk up to we talked.
Speaker 2: We have a pregame, we talked, talked pre game. That's why I get like, yeah, he can keep keep guessing he forgot the neck roll on. You know it's ready to That's not true. That's what we've seen the bad one on this week this year, and.
Speaker 4: Making jokes all you was the last week you needed.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we.
Speaker 5: Always need Tyring Smith to be healthy like that. That's not the argument here, dude, don't even that. We always need him healthy because when he's healthy, he is one of the top tackles in the league. I also seen Trip Williams go down and they was on three without Trip Williams and then they lost that game, uh the other night. Now you appreciate it is very important to have your best player because when they're in the game, the difference when the backup get in. It's so visible when you have such a great player in left tackle, and that is our problem, and that's also San Francisco's problem. Somebody is so great playing left tackle that no matter who gets in as a replacement besides Tyler Smith, you just see a huge difference.
Speaker 2: That's every team. How many teams out there can lose a left tackle and they got somebody. Oh here, here he is. It's different, though, I don't know, look, but.
Speaker 4: It's a different It's so different because these are two all decades and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's what I'm saying. They're so great, so we always need them. We always need them. And we see Kansas City go to the super Bowl without any offensive lineman. I mean, look, you need your left tackle. But lord knows, we didn't want to look that funny in the light out of tyr Like we look funny in the light without tyrant Man almost every time.
Speaker 4: So at some point in time, and I think we saw on that last drive there, this is this becomes with Mike McCarthy. You see chum out here getting getting getting done, guessing wrong. Help him, help him somebody there. You draft the schoolmaker guy came from Michigan to block block help him. We can't sit around here and ask you to be tired because he's not tired. We keep on doing that around here.
Speaker 2: Chas Green.
Speaker 4: Look, I know Chas was terrible against Atlanta, but my goodness, gracious Scotland, hen help him.
Speaker 5: I think with Chilmy Douga, one of the legitimate gripes that I have, it's just the communication. You got one guy coming inside and a guy coming outside, and you take the inside guy. That's a that's a misread. That's a communication breakdown. I never played offensive line, so I don't know the responsibility of that, but I know you're not supposed to let your up come free like that. Can't that can't be the plan, especially when you guys you have a guy sitting inside.
Speaker 2: So again, I know it's a preparation in all week and all week.
Speaker 5: These guys going to it expecting to see everything, especially blis packages, but they just didn't handle it well.
Speaker 2: And that was a problem with the execution of the offense. It's like the NBA, somebody getting hot. We better go.
Speaker 4: We got to figure out something. We got start doubling. We have to do something, and it was pretty clear Chubb was getting.
Speaker 2: Hot on Tumor. Help them.
Speaker 5: It must be really difficult to do because, like you said, we've been talking about this A is lennon hand. Now we got Mike McCarthy and you know, they know right, but like I wonder what it is that holds them back in certain issues, in certain instances them to say, all right, we don't have a play for that, and like, right now is the guy to have it? I don't have a guy to have it. Play with us bringing holding the tight end end to come in and help Tumor do Like I don't. I don't know what it is, but it's consistent and it's consistent across the league too, because, like you said, when other teams had these left tackle problems, you say the same thing.
Speaker 2: Help them. You can't be the top of the boys.
Speaker 3: You couldn't help both sides because if you look at it, yes it's number two for Miami, Chubb was going crazy, but if you look at it number forty three Van Winkle, then he was getting tears still.
Speaker 2: All he wanted on that right side. So it's like, but where you gonna help?
Speaker 4: But play callers are so much in there, all right, we gotta get it four ride receiver set.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what, man, send three? How about that? Listen, we're gonna send three and find eighty eight. How about that? I got something. We'll only send three out because you're tossing it the one right.
Speaker 4: We're gonna school school when you stay in, we send down three, go find eighty eight.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: You know he getting double, So send them on out there with the double team and throw up the tober of whoever else you cooks.
Speaker 2: Run fast, clearing out, clear out, clearing out, man clearing. What's the name of the play? Cooks run fast?
Speaker 5: You run fast?
Speaker 2: Fine eighty eight? You staying on three? Here we go.
Speaker 5: Man didn't run fast, and it was it was a little it was a bad ball. That would have been the big time he did. His part would have been a big time play. I was excited to see them open the.
Speaker 10: Game that way.
Speaker 2: Was open the game that way, and it was you know, there's a game answers.
Speaker 5: Game answers to get myself hot, Like I know that's how you be screaming at the TV.
Speaker 2: Hu. No, that's like you're trying to get home. I'm too old for that. Back in the day, when I cared that much.
Speaker 4: Now I don't care. But you know I'm watching that just you know, I watch it, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Invested like that. By the way, speaking of invested, JayR.
Speaker 4: Alexander was not named a captain on Sunday by the Green Bay Packers, but he went out for the coin toss anyway.
Speaker 2: And made the.
Speaker 7: Quote quote on quote.
Speaker 2: Everybody was laughing.
Speaker 4: I was like, what y'all laughing at the Packers that suspended him for one game for conduct detriment.
Speaker 2: To the team. What's going on here?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: So, my man, he must be from Charlotte or something, or because they played in Carolina, so he must I ain't gonna have.
Speaker 2: I'm at my whole town. That's fake news. He went out there, took over the coin toss. He suspended from what game? Goodness yead this revised me.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: Do you remember was it the Super It was some game in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: My man was on the sideline with flip flops on and ran out there on the field and got a penalty.
Speaker 2: Not him, He was somebody else to celebrate. He ran on the field with him flip.
Speaker 5: What is wrong with.
Speaker 2: I'm doing the coin toss?
Speaker 5: You tell me because he knew he wasn't the captain before the coin to so he knew he was going out.
Speaker 2: That's why I hate these games.
Speaker 3: He got he got sunglasses on afterwards in locker room, and and the interviewed it and he said, quote, the guys backed me up.
Speaker 2: That game map the floor. Boy, that's that's say you tell your hair comes out of respect you. By the way, he is the NFL High Speed Corner. So that game one game gonna cost some coin a little.
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on how how you know did they did they roll up a bunch of money and you know, depending on and you.
Speaker 2: Know now it's Green Bay. Green Bay is not a locked. They're still fighting. Yeah, they one of them in the hunt squad. Yeah, they're they're they're there.
Speaker 4: We don't count on baby, okay, green Baby.
Speaker 5: Making the tree locked it up, right, they locked already, So you're still counting on the new ball.
Speaker 2: You have a little hope for new ball. And you off that terror terror.
Speaker 3: You know, you got a TM mom out there on social media talk about the whole line and okay, all going down here.
Speaker 2: You mad at them because you picked him. Why even.
Speaker 3: Past that, the bigger issue is the Fantasy production. Okay it always boils down. Okay, bad about that Super Bowl pick. No this fancy but hate he went straight down.
Speaker 4: Bench had to bench Trevor week two with and they had to go get Joe Flaco because this guy is trashed.
Speaker 2: Joe Fla and ballad.
Speaker 4: But you know Aten had getting this thing is mama I through social media plead for people blocked for him is bad.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm not counting on.
Speaker 10: Alexander actually is from North Carolina. He went to Rocky.
Speaker 2: He was from, Yeah, I'm gonna be this captain. Captain, I'm here, but the walk out that makes more sense.
Speaker 5: He told him he was gonna be captain and then found out he was. It was too late for him to be like my mom and grandma and all them here. They got to see me be able to do this coin talk because I told him I was gonna call tails.
Speaker 2: For my granddady was somebody background.
Speaker 5: I gotta make it make sense because I don't understand. I understand why you were doing it in the first place, but it had to be something like that.
Speaker 3: Straight I'm going out, had six pieces of boat jangle on the sideline to what you're gonna do Matt Lafleur that.
Speaker 2: Man, that's disrespectful. But that was Greg Hardy yspect that.
Speaker 3: Was the top ten right there he did when heid Yeah, New York, right on the sideline right what was that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was writing in my head. I was saying, could y'all let him act like this any other time? And that's why you come out here and do it on the field with Pajamason in the walk through, just disrespecting everybody. Then they looking at us like we're supposed to do so I was like, go ahead, why you help me? When he when he choked his backyard man, I said, y'all been letting run him up for the whole season. You're talking about two years?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Friday, when you went over there, like, why did y'all help me with?
Speaker 5: That's how she was of that. Daddy wows just got rich. We had just got hit for a touch down, by the way, Harrison still on our feelings when he came up here with that, with that foolish he slapped, Hey, Joe, did ask you about that? When I went up there? He said, you would help me if I was. I said, but I know you wouldn't have been treating nobody like that. He wouldn't even have the boss come over there and do that. Was and that it's not on Rich, that's on that's on some you know folks. That's some other folks. But some people need the head check. That's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, it was.
Speaker 5: It was the defensive coaches because they couldnt because him man mcclaim.
Speaker 2: So he just off the field. I forget how he just walked over to the sideline.
Speaker 5: So they so Dwayne Harris runs the kick off back, so now we up for kickoff return. This man must have been on the bench somewhere. It was just, man, come on, stop it. They don't have seven before they got more than seven. Greg, Look, he's scoring on y'all too.
Speaker 2: Sit down somewhere. That I was wild, yeah yeah, but not in you know, twenty It was a wild year. That's a wild year. That's a whole year. He took that fight shirt to own left. Was a character. But I thought he'd be beating up people over the USC got me on the table. He knew what I'm on the side of the coln. He knew what his column was for sure. Besides you gonna tap out.
Speaker 5: He ain't want none of that you man, you talking about Alexander. Just get beat up on the sideline on National TV Prime time.
Speaker 2: You know them, camera's gonna be over. Whoa whoa whoa. You at least peaced them. Scratch it. We need a break. The player brought to you about to beat You gotta beat somebody to kick.
Speaker 9: Off the twenty twenty three NFL c Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to.
Speaker 5: Be a boss.
Speaker 9: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 5: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to.
Speaker 2: Ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 5: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl. Handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Get the coverage you need this football season with Dallas Cowboy Cole Weather Gear visit the nearest pro shoper log onto Shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot Com, a fanatics experience and scored knit hats, hoodies, jackets and more.
Speaker 4: Man Players Lounge brought to you by Toasting Barry Church, Heckmherrison, Danny mccraft.
Speaker 2: Let me say that.
Speaker 4: I love the improvisation of this show. That was a turn with Memory Lane, Greg Hardy now UFC Fighter. So yeah, I know you're calling, hey, hey, understand your gifts. Understand your gifts. On the way over here, I was at a at a different company and Hm and the lady was upset about the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: She's mad by the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: And it just remind me of we look here, it's like, you know, it's a ten and five team, but people act like it's five and ten. Like you start thinking about this team here. You only have one team in the league it's got twelve wins, and then you've got one, two, three, four, four of the teams to have eleven wins.
Speaker 2: So the Cowboys are right behinded.
Speaker 4: This is a good football team with two games to go.
Speaker 2: Why is it might so gloomy and dooony?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Are you really asking?
Speaker 4: I'm asking, man, because because I literally she was. I said, do you know they got Detroit this week? They're six point favorite. Then in the year against Washington, you could end up with twelve wins.
Speaker 5: And a five seed, playing on the road where you came, where you don't know how to play, which is what people are seeing. They're seeing the last two years of San Francisco. They're seeing that. They say, you know what, I know, we're gonna have a successful regular season. We talked about the regular season. We expect to have a good regular season and make it to the playoffs. Your performance in the playoffs then dictates how your season really went so far on the road, which is five seed going on the road.
Speaker 2: We just have not played well.
Speaker 5: So people who are looking at us being the five seed saying okay, we're probably gonna have to go on the road in the playoffs multiple times to make it to where we want to be. It makes you a little nervous. It makes you a little nervous. And people don't really forget that Buffalo stump out. Okay, it was a stump out. It wasn't you know? It was ugly.
Speaker 4: San Francisco just took a stomp I mean people taking stomp outs to out the game. I mean it happens. Miami took a stomp out when they played Buffalo.
Speaker 5: How many how many stumpbulls they took? I don't know, because we took a stump out against San Francisco earlier this season. We took a stump out against Buffalo to this season and we got beat by the Arizona Cardinals with Josh Dobbson's they quarterback. It makes you nervous when you say, I gotta go out here and play these playoff teams, possibly on the road, and I see what's happened to us in the regular season. It makes me nervous. I mean maybe not you because you want us to be the five to go on the road, but it makes me.
Speaker 2: Nervous as hell. I'm nervous. I want a home game. I want a home game. Play what we comfortable at what you think?
Speaker 5: No, I mean seven to zero at home? You want to play a playoff game at home? But I think people are freaking out because you've seen the twelve, Like you just said, you've seen the twelve and five the regular season. It don't mean nothing, especially when you remember how you got eliminated from the playoffs. And that's verse the San Francisco forty nine ers and the last time you saw them, they beat you forty two to ten, and it seemed like you didn't learn nothing from that last stump out. So and you want this team to have some level of toughness to it to where they don't get exposed in the running game like that to the tune of two hundred and somemi yards on the ground and look against Miami, and I've come along with what you were saying yesterday as far as the defense and how they held them and you would have wanted to get a stop there at the end, just to signify that, Look, that's Dak's moment, and as our team, we're going to make sure that we back our quarterback up that got us that lead. But there's something about this team that you feel like, I'll see along. That's a miss I haven't been able to put my finger on right now. All I can point to is a running game. I can only say the running game, this is, this is what's ailing us. But at ten and five, Newly you're looking at a team where if you were the same team in Tennessee, you'd be like, man, we got a good damn team and we're looking forward at the fifth spoder and whoever we got to play, we played. But somehow there's a cast of a dark cloud over this organization that's saying, oh, now we can't go and play on the road.
Speaker 3: And I also think it's winning the season. Things are starting to go a ride a little bit. I mean, when you look at it, we all know this December football. That's when you want to be playing your best football as a team, as an organization, meeting up into the playoffs, you want to be trending in the right direction, not on some of somewhat of a roller coaster ride. When you look at it, you know Buffalo, you know that meeting happened in December. Then you got this this game against Miami where that you know, the defense and the offense. You know, they both made enough plays to win. But like you said, there was just something missing, just one thing missing. So in December, like I said, you want to be going in the right direction, not on a roller coaster ride. And they have an opportunity to fix this out. You know, these last two games going into the playoffs with a little bit of momentum, with a streak against a really good Detroit game or really good Detroit team, and then Washington at the end of the season. So you got a chance to write it out. But to me overall, yeah, I mean, you don't want to be on a roller coaster ride in December. So you say, really good Detroit team. So I'm looking at just Detroit losses.
Speaker 4: They had Seattle with a lead at home and then they ended up losing that second game of the year thirty seven thirty one. Look at the next loss, they went to Baltimore and got.
Speaker 2: Stopped out thirty eight to six.
Speaker 4: Then remember now they had the game, they had the Thanksgiving their game right before the Cowboys played, and Packers beat them up. They ended up losing that game. Then they went to Chicago Justin Fields put on a show on him and they lost twenty eight to twenty eight thirteen.
Speaker 2: So they got steamroll there. Those are the losts, crazy loss for them. What losses?
Speaker 3: You like? What what are So you start looking across this leap. It's going to happen. People look at their own team and just like it's in college football.
Speaker 2: Man, it's happening. It's not a straight line. That's why we got a letther playoffs.
Speaker 5: Whatever you say, do, whatever you say, whatever you show, that's the show.
Speaker 2: Three straight losses you want, you want.
Speaker 5: That whole that whole thing about not having back to back, all that is gone. Like this, this is what we still for a long time. It's going I start over at one hopefully hopefully we get it. Then go back to how many points do we score in our losses?
Speaker 2: Do we have?
Speaker 5: We have?
Speaker 2: We had a high scoring loss, you know that was the only one. Philly was the only one.
Speaker 4: It would be great for you to bring up tomorrow with all those statistics Danny, thank you so much. Garry Church, We're done, thank you, Chris Beam Jazz everybody Players Lounge is over up next Top of the Hours meeting.
Speaker 2: Match with me and friends later.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.