Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check, But just a quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, there's trouble. There's trouble in Golden State with our Doves.
Speaker 1: And David.
Speaker 2: Does fans just aren't ready to accept the truth about Jordan Poole. So we talk about that. I have some things I need to say, things I might have over over said last night in haste and in pain. As the Golden State Warriors cost me Golden Well, Jordan Poole cost me probably close to five hundred dollars with not winning. No, not close to exactly that amount. And so we talk about him, and we talk about Draymond Green and the lost tapes of his podcast in the wake of punching Jordan Poole in said face, which we now know there was an episode recorded that he did not publish. Uh yeah, there is al so an epidemic that is sweeping the NBA, and we check in on the official Timberwolve spokesperson, the pr REP as it were, Austin Rivers. I also bitch about the All Star voting because I mean, I think it's terrible. All right, I'm heading out to Sacramento, Nick to see the Kings place Lebron James, so drop that generic gas beat.
Speaker 3: Oh, Dubs fans, Dubbs fans, We're a fickle bunch, aren't we. If you criticize the Warriors even a little, no matter how legitimate those criticisms are, you could be in the DMS with the most rabid Dubs fan and they know what's up.
Speaker 2: They tell you, Yeah, all my, all the homies hate Jordan Poole right now, they say that. But if you say that on social media, one you're a hater. Two you don't want to let this young man develop, and three they'll try to kick you off the Warriors fan bus. That's that's what makes the Dubs our Dubs. You know, you can't say a peep, cannot say one peep in the moments when people are legitimately fucking up and losing games as a result of those fuck ups. And in my case, let's just tell you go back to the kitchen. You're not even a true Dubs fan. There was seventy one quote tweets. None of them were good on my Jordan Poole tweet last night. They were all some version of who are you? Why do I see you on my timeline? But I think we do need to kind of talk about our dubs a little bit. I mean, six and without Steph is fine. That's much better than I thought I thought it was. This team would go three and seven, but our Dubs losing to the Pistons twice twice the Pistons. The Pistons has check notes eleven wins on the season. Two of those wins are against y'all. Right, two of those eleven are again over twenty percent of those wins are against y'all. You lost to the Pacers twice as well. I like the Pacers, but come on, now, you lost to the Magic. I mean, these are the doldrums of the NBA that you should be feasting on, just stinking your teeth into to get easy wins, fatten up so that when you see the Miami Heat away, or you see the New York Knicks away, or whoever, you could say, look, we're good. We've just been destroying teams like the Pacers, the Magic, and the Pistons. So okay, I have to admit I had a lot of money riding on this Warrior's win. So when I got home, I did not go to bed, I did not watch the highlights. I did not look on my phone while I was watching the game, which may sound inconceivable to some. I was locked in to every possession of that Warriors game. And I tell you what, there's nothing like the hate that you experience for Jordan Poole when your money and your livelihood depends on him not making bad decisions, because he made a lot of them last night, and he made a lot of them against the Hawks. He made a lot of them against the Blazers. These are three games straight where the decision making quality has been bananas. Like bananas zibbit a was last night. Everybody just wants to be sunshine and rainbows. They just want me to say, oh, it's gonna be. The only thing you can ever say about the Doves when they're losing is it's gonna be fine. That's the only thing you can say. It's gonna be fine, because it always is fine, and that's what they want to hear when things go bad. But here is the reality of the situation. And I do think things will be fine because it's always fine with the Warriors. But we have a Jordan Poole problem, folks. Nobody wants to admit it, and yes, will he grow, Will he evolve? Will he develop? Did stepf have problems like Jordan Pool where he was turning the ball over? Did Clay have problems where he was making sure? None of that right now is relevant at all. We're talking about criticizing the here and the now. Okay, like, what do I see? What is happening? What does it mean? What are the consequences of what I see? Right We're not We're not putting our crystal ball on. That's not what this job is. This man has a lot of offensive responsibility, as we know. But the issue for my guy, Jordan Poole JP for whatever reason that no, what he wants to talk about is the turnovers. The turnovers. There's other ones too, I mean, chucking just randomly. You know how much I love a heat check, Yeah, I mean it's the name of the pot. But Jordan Poole will heat check when he's ice cold and contested and defenders draped around him early on in the shot clock. But right now, what we're talking about is turnovers, which, by the way, Jordan Poole does more than anyone in the NBA. You didn't think you didn't think that was true? Yeah, more than any human being playing in the NBA right now. Jordan Poole worse than Trey Young. That is insane. I know he's got to be aggressive. I know the ball's got to be in his hand. I know he has to get into traffic. He's got to get you into a place where there's lots of bodies around trying to poke the ball loose. But sometimes he's just throwing it to the other team on his own self, no issues. He's making boneheaded mistakes in the crunch time, down the stretch, when you're down by one, when you have the Warriors just to win, and you watch Jordan Poole, it's like having a heart attack every possession. I tell you what, it is, nothing like it. And maybe I wouldn't notice these things if the last leg of a six leg parlay wasn't on the line. But it was. And I'm focused now, and it's okay to admit it. It's okay, Draymond, It's okay, Steve Kerr, it's okay, Clay, It's okay. Anyone that's rooting for the Dubs pool right now is a flamethrower who makes some costly mistakes down the stretch. It's okay. It's okay to admit that it loses you games. It's okay to say, on one hand, he keeps us in games because he scores like crazy, but we don't know when he's gonna fuck up. And all I want from a player is to know what he's gonna be. Anthony Slater tweeted this out today. Jordan Poole has committed a dribbling turnover in the final minute of regulation in three straight tight games. Yeah, it finally costs the Warriors in a loss against the Pistons. The only reason that this hasn't been written about with the Hawks or the Blazers is they won those games. Draymond Green had to make a three point shots in order to beat the Hawks. Are you are you joking me? What kind of world are we living in? And we're just gonna let that'sie. We had to have a Draymond Green prayer to get this dub folks. Folks, Jordan Poole is averaging five point one turnovers per game since Steph left. He had six last night alone. Six This man, Jordan Poole had fifty two turnovers in the ten games that Steph has missed, and that is the most in the league.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 2: Holmes, the Warriors Rider, points this out. This isn't a recent issue. Pool had an NBA high one hundred and thirty five turnovers entering play Wednesday, and was eighth in turnovers per game at three point six. This is a man who comes off the bench too. We're not talking about this stretch where he's playing without Steph. Jordan. Poole is committing three point six turnovers per game period off the bench. Poole has committed seven turnovers in clutch time, defined as the final five minutes of the game in which the scoring margin is no more than five points. I'd say pretty critical time to take care of the basketball. But make that eight now with six seconds left down one last night it was I don't even know what to say. He gave it to Clay, good job, Clay gives it back and he say, oh no, he drives right down. I don't even remember against too Alec Burks. It was Alec Burks dribbles the ball off his feet, trips over himself, throws the ball out of bounds and you are now fucked. Thank god, somehow Clay ended up making an insane three point shot with almost no seconds to go, leaving you with one second and all of a sudden, you don't defend Sadiq Bay. Sidik Bay with one second left shoots three in your eyeball night night, sleep mask. I looked at my phone to say overtime. I was just texting someone to say overtime. Shame on me because I looked up and my jaw dropped because it said final what This is an issue? And it's not just an issue because the Warriors are paying him thirty million dollars a year. It's it's an issue because this team wants to win now and they don't have the patience to wait for him to catch up and evolve and develop like Steph did. Do you know the difference between Jordan Poole and Steph Curry. There was no expectation to win a fucking thing when Steph Cree came into the league. None, zero, absolutely none. We had Monte Ellis. That's the one. Monte Ellis. Sometimes I want to say Monte Morris because he's the one playing right now. He was in there. There was multiple guards playing for the Warriors at that point in time where you didn't need Steph to be the guy at that moment, just like they don't need Pool to be the guy at this moment. But listen, Steph's not there. You need to win. Joe lacub is breathing down your necks saying that he will shed salary if this team is not a contender. They need to win now. They need to protect the ball, especially in crunch time. Every one of these wins is gonna be precious. Let's break down a couple of the recent games against the Hawks. Jordan Poole was eleven for thirty one, two for twelve from three seventeen misses from the left side of the court, including three corner threes, open ones too, not contested ones, open ones. Oh, by the way, really quickly. He shot a corner three last night and did the staff thing where he turns before it goes in. It did not go in. It barely hit the fucking rim. So like, it's okay to be eleven for thirty one. If you're the central hub of the offense, sometimes you shoot poorly. He did end up with twenty eight points, but you can't have six turnovers if you're not shooting well. You have to figure out a way to do your best. Jalen Brunson impression. That's just what it is. Here's what he did in crunch time. He turned the ball over with twelve point one seconds left down too in regulation. Then he had a three pointer blocked by Murray that went straight to Dante, who tied the game with the three. So that's the reason that they were able to go to overtime. He misses a pull up three with forty seconds left in ot up one, they end up winning that game. It doesn't always work like that, as we saw against the Pistons, a critical turnover in the last four seconds of the Jazz game cost them a win that also wiped out and washed out an elite scoring performance last night. He was taking terrible threes early on in the shot clock. You've got multiple guys who can you can facilitate it to move the ball around. You can't just take a thirty foot step back three, just terrible steph was visibly mad at that turnover, but then Clay, of course is Clay and says some nice things to give Jordan Poole an out and make him feel better about himself, because what do you get to do if you're his teammate right now? You're not gonna make him feel worse, are you? You're not gonna make him feel less confident about this performance and him as a human being and as a basketball player. Of course, not because you want him to continue to produce. But this is what he said. I told him in the locker room that there's a reason that I threw him the ball because he's like that. He's a clutch player, he's a shot creator. We would have not been on this win streak without him. I know that. I mean, shoot, we all go through these lapses throughout our career. I remember missing two free throws against the Nuggets in my second year and just leaving the arena in my uniform. So it's like we all got to go through it. Steph went through it. Jordan. We're gonna continue to trust him with the ball in his hands because he's the engine that makes us go. But it's not the misshots. It's not it's the it's the turnovers. It's the troubling, troubling turnovers. Are they gonna have buyers regret on Jordan Poole and extending him for that much money so soon? Probably not, But listen, I understand you're gonna have to pay four hundred and fifty million dollars next year. If you keep them all, what are you gonna do? The longer it remains an issue, who knows. Maybe a trade happens, Maybe our dubs struggle and continue to struggle. At the end of the day, we know Steph will pull them out, figure out a way to get into the play end of the playoffs, and make a run. That's what they do. We are the evil Empire. But the longer they struggle, the less likely Lika will want to continue to carry this enormous, enormous peril. So don't hate me. I'm just pointing out what I see from Jordan Poole right now. Like him, think he's a good player. Please don't call me a hater. The end, we finally got a podcast from Draymond Green. It's been months by a lot of months, but it happens to not be the podcast that everyone was hoping for, the one that we've been waiting with baited breath to listen to. What we wanted was Draymond Green right after he punched Jordan Poole. I want him directly from the practice facility to his computer, and I want him to record why he did it, what happened, what was the circumstances around it, what's going to happen next. He recorded it right after the incident, but he decided not to release it. So listen to this in terms of why.
Speaker 1: That also coincided with what we all know the incident to be. At the beginning of the season, with myself and a teammate, Jordan, and quite frankly, if I'm being one hundred percent honest, Jackson and I we recorded an episode right after, and I know everyone was looking for it. Everyone wanted to hear it, and quite frankly, I wanted to allow you the chance to hear what I had to say. I wanted to allow you the chance to kind of take a trip in my mind and just maybe understand more. And when we recorded the episode, I hated the way I sounded, and so we simply just didn't release it. I didn't like my tone, I didn't like the things I said. I didn't like the way it came out. I didn't like.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Almost if you're not careful, it almost comes off as unremorseful and distasteful one hundred percent distasteful, but also fast. And what do I mean by fast? Quite frankly, I'm not big into sayings or doing things and then run into my show because it's going to get more ratings. Like I don't really like that game. That's the old media. I don't play that game. I don't I'm not very interested. And I think there's a time to speak, and you know, if the opportunity is there, I'm gonna speak. I'm never gonna shy away from a topic. But the thing that I had to take into consideration with that is number One, someone else was affected. And not only one person was affected, but multiple people, tons of I mean, however many you want, whatever word you want to use to describe the amount of people. People were affected. And so it wasn't something that just affected me. And so when you do something that affects someone else, you can't just take yourself into consideration, how you may feel, how it may benefit you, all of those things.
Speaker 2: So backup. So Draymond recorded a podcast right after punching Jordan. He was about to put it out, did not like the tone of it, didn't like what he said how it came off, and felt that it was one hundred percent distasteful. I'm not gonna lie y'all. I want to hear it even more now. I think this is my new white whale of content. I must. One time I looked for a record, you know, worked for looked for it for months and months and months, finally founded Jazz Record, And now I need to find the lost tapes of Draymond Green. I must. I have to. I am one hundred percent sure that at some point we will get a bootleg copy from Jackson, most likely selling it on eBay, and there'll probably be an NFT attached to it, and we'll be passing him back and forth at Summer League, like the mixtapes back in the day, like this is the new lost tapes of Draymond Green, Like we need we need to know what he said. I can tell It's like, listen, I'm not trying to place blame on Jordan in any way, because that would be horrible. That's not me. I have to take responsibility as the grown man that I am. But listen to what he said about me, and you tell me whether you would punch him, and you're like, wait, hold up, you just did that whole preamble to then put us or hey, you know, there's just some things you just don't say on a practice court to your teammates. And when you step over that line, I just felt in that moment I needed to knock him the fuck out. And you know what, he got knocked the fuck out. And maybe he won't say those things anymore. I gotta hear what he said, Like, what did he say? How distasteful? Could we get? Like? Would we get a like? I would do it again? If he said that to me again, I'd do it again. Did anyone ever ask him that? Hey, if he said those things to you again, would you think you would hit him again? Because I need to know. Does anyone have a hookup on this podcast tape? I need it, Like, drop me a note, you can find me anywhere on social find me. I don't know if this is an epidemic or if this is a phenomenon. Let's just call it what it is. It's a sickness. It's an epidemic, and we need to address it. It's infected pretty much every team in the NBA, every star player in the NBA, even fringe star players in the NBA have caught this. Are you talking about COVID? No, we're talking about scoring. We're talking about lots and lots of scoring, an epidemic in the league, and it's getting out of hand. It is getting to the point where I don't even know this league anymore. I don't even know this version of the NBA anymore. Donovan Mitchell last to catch it. Seventy one points for Donovan. He had eleven at halftime, so he was free. It was okay, He seemed fine at halftime. Everything seemed to be shaping up for a good twenty seven, twenty eight point performance, and then, all of a sudden, one of the highest scoring games of all time, also the highest scoring regular season performance in Cavs history, which people don't talk about enough, and that came right on the heels of Luka Doncic in his insane sixty point game, which he followed up with a fifty three point game two games later. Joannis last night had fifty five career high. No one said a word why Why? Because the scoring right now is out of hand. The scoring is so silly, the defense is so bad that nobody even when someone drops fifty anymore. Do you even remember Do you even remember Devin Booker scoring fifty eight? Do you remember it? No, you probably don't even remember Devin Booker playing for the Phoenix Suns because he's been out with an injury for so long this season, since December of this year December, okay, not the full season, not the calendar year, December, one month. These are the highest scoring games. Donovan Mitchell seventy one, Luca sixty, Booker fifty eight, Anthony Davis fifty five, Jannis fifty five, Clay fifty four, Embiid fifty three. Pascal Siakam scored fifty two points. Say it Ain't so Luca fifty one, Luca fifty Lebron forty seven. Garland Darius Garland scored points Joannis forty five, Paul George forty five. That's in the last five weeks. What are we talking about? That's like twenty people. That's insane. Twenty guys have scored forty or more this year, eighty nine games in total. This is scoring at epidemic proportions. We need these guys to start wearing masks like guys are catching it. It's not just superstars. My man Dennis Shruder put up thirty two last night. I love the NBA, I love scoring, I love buckets. Guys are skilled. I'm not trying to say, get off my lawn. This isn't it's fun, blah blah blah. But if you're in your thirties, which maybe you're in your thirties and you don't listen to podcasts, or maybe you watch the news, I don't know, But if you're like me, you remember when it was hard to drop fifty. Doesn't seem hard to drop fifty anymore, just seems inevitable. When fifty is inevitable, if you're a superstar, nobody's playing, no damn defense. We have nobody out here strapping anymore. We expect now forty points nightly from embiid, of course, But Jordan Clarkson, I'm getting forty out of Jordan Clarkson. Do you guys even know where Jordan Clarkson went to school? Do you even know who drafted Jordan Clarkson? Do you even know what teams he's played for so far in the NBA? Did you know he played for Cleveland? Did you know that Jordan Clarkson is dropping forty? Okay, Pascal Siakam, who no one knew before Kawhi I got there, and he's a fine player. I like Pascal. He's a he's a fine player. Fifty two is he that guy? Is Pascal that guy to score fifty two on someone's head when they're draping the defense around him. No, because they're not draping the defense around him. At least Donovan Mitchell seventy one. He was the only man out there. Everyone knew he was gonna get the ball. Everyone was exhausted, and he was just better than every guy on that floor. They were double and triple teaming him. That's the kind of seventy one I want to see. I don't want to see guys just in a layup line. Just lay up, layup, dunk, layup, easy mid range layup. What is that? That's that's literally just me watching practice. Pascal Siakam is not Yannis, He's not Embiid. He should not be putting up half of one hundred points against any team, especially the Knicks. Where was Isa Hartenstein, Where was Mitchell Robinson? Where was RJ? Barrett? Where was anyone? He scored a career high and they still lost. The Toronto Raptors still lost. By the way, they're in free fall. We'll get to it at some point. Someone make it make sense. The defensive schemes have had to change so that teams are willing to let guys like Giannis or Luca. They're just basically saying, let the number one guy go off for fifty and we'll see. We'll see, Like, just give him everything he wants, and then if he gets fifty, who cares, We'll get one hundred and ten. Luca has lost twice so far this year, scoring fifty points in a game that strategy apparently is working. There's a combination of things that explains this high degree, this epidemic of scoring. Guys obviously are more skilled. They can score buckets in a bunch of different ways, three different styles like and then you have defenses designed not to worry about one guy right, concentrating on stopping the other players. Is this fun? Do you find this fun? I was talking to a friend the other day while having a nice little Chai t latte out in La and I think he agrees. Is this fun? No, it's not that fun. Does it feel meaningful? No, it does not feel that meaningful. Is it hard to bet? Yeah, you fucking believe it is. I can't tell who's gonna score on a night to night Basis I love watching Devin Booker go off for fifty eight, but I'm not sure when that happens whether it's even good basketball. And in that game, the Sun's won one to eighteen one fourteen over the Pelicans. We all celebrated his game, but he went down four minutes into the next game and he hasn't played since. So is that good for his health? Is that good for his longevity? That's the issue. Luke's gone insane because if mav' aren't gonna win unless he scores fifty, how can anyone do that on a night to night basis They can't, that's the simple answer. At least they probably can't. Maybe Luca can. But all of this makes it, at the end of the day impossible to decide who's the MVP. We don't know if everyone's scoring seventy fifty points, what are we doing here? Like, how do we know? How do we choose four players Luca, Jannis and b Braun all averaging thirty six points per game? What if you look back at the league in like two thousand and you look at like the scoring leaders, like thirty was a lot, thirty was a lot. There's like twenty five guys in the NBA scoring thirty on average. Right now. I had a joke all ready to go about how Adam Silver is juiced the ball in some way to make it go in the hoop. There's a magnetic force inside this ball. He just turns it on with the remote. He's just like that one's going in. He can just push. He can just push buttons to decide tonight tonight, Devin Booker's going off. See that will go tonight? Giannis is going off because I think he was jealous of the World Cup. Really, he wants to do anything that he can to make sure that the eyeballs didn't change over the World Cup and the EPL. Now for the first part of the season. I know this isn't like baseball, but I really need to explore more whether Adam Silver is good for basketball. Everybody thinks he is upon first glance. I don't know, though, We'll have to look into it and dig into it more. One thing's for sure. For every fifty Burger a star and maybe non stars like Anfrety Simons drops. I think Adam Silver smiles and the ratings due too quick updates on the Timberwolves courtesy of I think he's like now the head of PR for the Minnesota Timberwolves. I think he's now got that job. He's playing basketball and the head of PR, head of communications, Austin rivers, he's not really last episode, Austin we talked about it, came out and gave his thoughts on why the team sucked, who's responsible? Everyone is at fault, but of course it's Rudy Gobert's fault.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: As an aside, did you guys see this Minnesota? Is anybody worse at social media than the Minnesota Timberwolves because they've tried to create like this buzz around Rudy Gobert and they've given him a new nickname. What do you think his nickname is? What do you think it is? I immediately said something French, right, like the like the croissant or something. It will probably be better than this gob Zilla g ob as in Godzilla with a bee, gob like like ghak, like what are we doing here? Gob Gobzilla like Gobert? I get it. Shouldn't it be Gobzilla? Then? Gobzilla probably the worst nickname of all time. Let's be honest. I am I am here for anything that makes Rudy Gobert look worse so Rudy Gobzilla. Well they gonna say you got gobsmacked by Gobzilla? What are we that's so dehumanizing too to call him Godzilla Godzilla? Like, listen, I know we don't like Rudy, but if you have to think about calling him something and you're using Godzilla as his nickname, that'd be like calling Karl Anthony Towns cat squatch. That's probably their next one instead a sad squash cat squatch. I think it's probably someone like twenty two years old, probably making like four fifty an hour. They're like just trying to fire off hot tweets. Back to Austin Rivers, that was a total aside. This is what he had to say. Aunt Edwards is currently six years away from his prime and he's already this good. He's a franchise player. He's the guy here, no doubt about it. Pause. Hold up, Austin Rivers. You just started something. You just started some shit. I don't know if you know this, Austin, but your job is to calm things down, not to fire things up. Not Karl Anthony Towns. He's not the guy, Not Gobzilla, Rudy Gobert. He's not the guy, not Di Loo who unfollowed the entire Wolves organization on Instagram because he's not getting extended aunt Edwards. I agree, by the way, aunt Edwards is the man in Minnesota according to Austin Rivers, and you know what, he's not wrong and as the star, probably the only star that you can count on a night tonight basis. Did you see what aunt Edwards did to everyone the last three games? He has been insane. They need I think he played against Portland and was ridiculous. They need to build around him and no one else. Only only this is the way for Minnesota to break out of its history of underperforming. Only this is the way. He is our Joe Burrow. If you like Minnesota. He is needing to be protected and surrounded by players that bring out the best in him. And everyone else is just a distraction and is just a complication and is just on their way out. Really. But what's amazing about all of this is that Austin Rivers is actually speaking about the Wolve's future. Six years from now, not five, not seven. Six years from now. Is Austin Rivers lobbying to be the head coach or assistant coach of the Wolves. Six years from now where he can give Aunt Edwards the key, because that would be a very political, very doc river Sun kind of thing to do. I cannot hear what else he's gonna say. He's gonna be talking all year because he's two way, he's not fully guaranteed, and he's got the gift of gab. I think he's turning into our Olivia Pope from Scandal, like the crisis manager pr for Austin Rivers. It's about that time again. Happens every year. It's time to time to bust a rhyme. No is it time to make fun of Rudy Gobert always? But no, it's NBA Fan All Star voting time. So it's the beginning of my annual rants on how much I absolutely hate fan voting. I hate it. I think it's fucking trash. I think it needs to go. Today Shaan's dropped the first standings in the NBA fan voting and it was as dumb as I've ever seen. It was dumber than last year. If it's even possible. Let's look at what it currently looks like now depth wise. Western Conference. You've got Lebron James in the front court, Jokic Front Court a d Zion Wiggins, which isn't as crazy as it was last year, honestly, Paul George, Laurie, Markinen Fine, Draymond Kawhi, Kevon Looney, The Guards in the West, Steph Curry, Luca jaw Shay Clay, Russell Westbrook, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Devin Booker, eighth, Austin Reeves nine. These are all by votes. By the way, this is a ranking system. Jordan Pool ten. We've got Russell Westbrook over Damian Lillard. We've got Russell Westbrook over Devin Booker. Listen. I'm not a big fan of Jordan Poole's as you can see, but Austin Reeves over Jordan Poole, Austin Reeves for Austar. There's one hundred and forty four thousand people that voted for Austin Reeves. All of them live in LA, all of them are own, all of them are probably a bus family member. Let's go to the east. KD number one, three million votes, Jannis number two, Joel Embiid three, Tatum four, Jimmy Butler interesting, very interesting, Pascal Siakam six, Come on, come on, Kyle Kuzma. I didn't even see this one. Kyle Who number seven, Paolo ben Carro finally an honest vote. Nick Claxton, Nick Claxton, he's been good, but he's he is? He an All Star? And Jared Allen number one. This is where it gets funny. Kyrie Irving, number one guard in the East. Kyrie Irving, the one that was suspended miss time. I know he's going crazy. I know that nets are winning games. Two million votes for Kyrie Irving, Donovan Mitchell two Fair, James Harden three, Jalen Brown four, Trey Young, Trey Young. Trey Young's five. Listen, let's just go down the list. We've got Lamello at seven, Tyrese Haliburn. LaMelo hasn't even played any games. Tyres Burton should be five on this list. He should be five. He should be five. Absolutely, Derek Rose, that's how you know this shit is fucked up. You know, I don't want to cuss that much because I got old people and babies. Listen to pot that's fucked Derek Rose over Darius Garland. Didn't I just tell you Darius Garland put up forty five forty seven twice like Darius Garland tenth. The disrespect to Putray Young, who is largely the most inefficient player in the league right now, is absolutely insane. Broun, of course running away with this is that utterly predictable. That's what he does because he's a global superstar. He's a bigger superstar than's Laton. Don't let his Laton fans hear that because they get mad. But putting Lebron James over Jokic, what are we talking about? What are we saying? I like Lebron. He's had a nice, a nice last ten games. He's been injured too. Yogic just played every fucking game. He's I mean, the most efficient season of his career. He's improved his defense at an all NBA level. Five thirty eight says he should win the Defensive Player of the Year. We got Anthony day to day. Davis is third. What are we doing? What are we doing? Why? He's missed weeks of time? No one knows when he's coming back. Five of the ten forwards in the West have missed significant time. Lori Markinen has not missed time. He has balled out. He's seventh. The question, though, that I have, is where the fuck is Demontis Sabonis? Where is he? What has he been doing? U? Y think because you're not a Kings fan? What is Demonis Sabonis doing this season? Okay, he's averaging nineteen thirteen and seven, nineteen thirteen and seven, he's playing with a broken thumb and not missed a game. Anthony Davis would never never, guard Wise? Why is Austin Reeves on this list? Like I said, Aunt Edwards didn't even make the list. Oh my god, this list is trash. Fans are terrible. You can just see it. Bat Little market teams like Sacramento, Minnesota, no shine, big markets like Atlanta, like LA. I don't know why, k I don't even know the explanation for Kyle Kuzma. Former Lakers get to just make this list now too. I'm not sure. I'm not sure Kyle Kuzma. He's had a fine year, but let's be honest, he's on a trash team. Wizards. Bradley Beale has been out pretty much indefinitely. Just he just made had a hamstring strain. What are we doing Kyle Kuzma over Paolo No, No, just no, Trey Young over Tyrese Halliburton, Trey Young shooting forty one percent from the field this year period. Not from three, He's shooting thirty one percent from three and that's up since in the last month he was at twenty nine percent. That's bottom five for high volume shooting in the entire NBA. Dereck Rose over Darius Garland. Take this fan vote away. Take it away. They don't deserve it. They don't know how to use this power. We got randoms coming up playing the All Star Game, and it affects their checks, it affects their confidence, it affects how people around the league see them. This is enough, This is fucked up, this is terrible. You're not qualified to have a vote. If you're putting Austin Reeves on there, you don't get a vote. You don't get one. Derek Rose, you don't get a vote. Two hundred and twenty thousand people voted for Dereck Rose. Are you serious? And I know it's like MX points. They're like today, you win five votes if you vote for someone for the All Star Game, which is also crazy, one fan, one vote. You don't get extra votes. It's not like today's a special day. If you buy gas, you get triple the points. You buy a plane ticket on American Airlines with MX, you get five x the points. No, you vote for Derrick Rose, you get one vote. I bet all of his votes came on like triple points day. This is insane. Believe me. I will talk about this every year going forward. I get more enraged year by year. I'm like trying to chill out, but these things they do not make it easy to chill out. Speaking of which, we got to chill out. That's all the time that we have for the Heat Check. We'll be back Monday afternoon with an all new episode, which means Tuesday morning for you. Check out the feed. We've got other episodes. We got interviews, little mini episodes that come out follow the Heat Check as well. On social, I'm getting absolutely cooked regarding my Jordan Pool take. People are telling me to get back to the kitchen, get into the comment section, protect me. Fans don't forget to download, subscribe, Please tell your friends and follow us. Like I said on social, I add this heat Check and trist to crick on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram.
Speaker 1: All that.
Speaker 2: See you next time,