Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: Here we go, here we go, Well, come in to the Fifth Hour. We thank you for finding us. We are in the air everywhere? Is a podcast in the air everywhere? Or is it in the digital network everywhere? I'm not sure how.
Speaker 3: It's like Ghostbusters. It's trapped and then it's released into the air everywhere. When the health inspector gets pissed off.
Speaker 1: Does that mean we're a slimer? Is that what we are? Yes, we are slimer. But then when it's broadcast, assuming that you put it on an audio device that has speakers, it is in the air like our voices in the air everywhere. But if you listen with headphones then is that still does that count as being I'm not sure how that works. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does count your head as the antenna. Don't worry though, It's totally healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what could possibly go wrong? Nothing? Nothing. So what's on the menu at the bistro today? Well, Benny's Bistro no days off this Saturday, October twenty first, and here we are back at the salt mine of audio content. So on today's edition of the podcast. Now, I'm not going to beg you to watch the TV show. I did that on the Friday podcast, but it is still airing all day to day. Here on Saturday, I've got Espanol Payback. Walt would roll over foody fun backscratcher. And that's probably all we have time. That's probably all we have time for. But we will see, we will find out. Who knows, maybe we'll have time for other things. But we'll begin with this. The Chargers playing the Dallas Cowboys back on Monday Night Football this past Monday. It was big game Monday Night Football. I hadn't been to Monday Night Football in years. I usually don't go on Monday Night because I got get ready for the show. I got to watch a million things, but I wanted to see the Cowboys, I admit it. We talk a lot about the Cowboys. Not a Cowboy fan, I don't have any skin in the game. I'm not a Charger fan, but the Cowboys are a team. You do sports radio on a national network, you talk a lot about the Dallas Cowboys. That's just the way it works. I don't make the rules. I just follow the rules. So I want to go out there and see the whole circus that is the Dallas Cowboys. So I went to the game on Monday night at Sofi Stadium. And another reason, Danny, I really want to thank our bosses because they've encouraged me to go to more games because they love me going into the studio, you know, not doing the show from home. So I go in the studio a lot, so that encourages me to get out in about I'm there prime time in the hood in Englewood Sofi Stadium. And the funniest thing happened. Went to a football game and a comedy show broke out. So I touched on this briefly on the radio show, but this is a much better platform to explain exactly what happened and go a little bit further in if you will go deeper in the weeds. And so the setup with the headline Soulfi Stadium and level seven we'll call it level seven. That's where the working press boxes at SOFI Stadium. Level seven sounds very high up, but Sofi Stadium is actually it's in the ground. It's built into the because it is right in the flight path of the flights going to Lax for landing at Lax they fly right over so far same so they couldn't have that high so that that's why it's built into the ground. So the four seven is where the press boxes that media free loading.
Speaker 3: Are they sure safe for big California earthquakes?
Speaker 1: No, it's safe until it's not. Isn't that how it works. It's safe until it's not. So hanging out there and working press box, so there's TV, radio and scribes ink stained wretches. We're no longer inkstained because they just do everything digitally. There's no cheering in the press box. And if you've never been to the press box, why would you be. You're not in the media chances are so it's kind of like an office with cubicles. That's the way I would describe It's like an office with cubicles. There's a lot of food, because they want to meet the media happy, so they fatten them up. There's no you're no hard liquor. There used to be. In the old days, they used to hand beer out after baseball games. They don't really do that much anymore. The windows are all closed, so it's a very trying to think with the proper proper word would be it's er. Yeah, yeah, that's a good that's a good word.
Speaker 3: That's great. Way.
Speaker 1: It's lacking personality. You go to a stadium, you expect it to be full of spirit, and it is and nothing monotonous about it, full of joy. The press box is, as you said, sterile. It's can be called dreary, unexciting, bland. Those are all all words that you use, so that's the set. It's also very quiet normal. The only noise you normally hear is the murmur of the PA announcer, who after every play in the NFL game will say, you know, it's like the Chargers first and ten and a pass complete to the you know, the forty five yard line by X receiver, etcetera, etcetera. So that's about it, but not on this line. Normally it's like a library, but not on this line. It was different than all other nights. And here's why. I had nothing to do with Ed Werder being there or the Dallas Cowboys media. The reason this got crazy is because the Dallas Spanish language radio broadcast team were not given their own booth. I saw this online, yeah, so they set up inside the main press box. Fact that you probably saw the video from rash Marcazi, my old intern who was sitting right next to me, and we were fascinated by this. We were just blown away by this.
Speaker 3: So what this.
Speaker 1: Meant if you didn't see the video and you know doing the story. So everybody in the room was every one of the press box again normally. As Danny said, the great word, I wish I'd come up with it, sterile, right press, not a lot of color, soulless, lackluster, all those things, but full of energy, full of energy because we all got treated to a live play by play as the soundtrack. Somebody named Victor Villa Laba or Villa Laba, I believe it's his name, and Luis Perez I know how to say his name. The Spanish radio broadcasters for the for the Cowboys called the game it was wild. Victor and Luis our next level passion excitement. I speak Spanglish. I don't even really speak Spanish, but I made out a few things, and I just could tell how much how much fun they were having. It was great, and everyone in a while they'd have to say a word in English, like American Airlines or some sponsor of the Cowboys. But they were into right. But now now we give you some scoopage only available because I was boots on the ground just down the aisleway from where these guys reappen. So's here's the inside skin. A little birdie who likes to chirp and loves burritos and text Mechs tells me is it true that this was a case of Espanol payback? Say what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So here's here's what My source, who may or may not be connected to this situation, informs me that years ago, and was really that.
Speaker 3: Long ago, the.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys in Jerry's World forced the Chargers Spanish radio team to broad cast without a booth at Jerry's World. And so is it true that big shots with the Chargers decided to go with the eye for an eye strategy? Is it also true that it's hilarious that multi billion dollar NFL franchises would be so petty to have payback. I don't know, that's just what I'm hearing, but that is quite the tail.
Speaker 3: And it was.
Speaker 1: It was wild. It was so so good, especially when the Cowboys scored a touchdown or two. Oh my god, they didn't score very many points, neither team did. It was twenty to seventeen. But when the Cowboys scored some touchdowns, they really got they got going. They those boys got going.
Speaker 3: They did so and there were so many flags in that game. You should be able to say that in Spanish.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. It was you get a flag, you get a flag, You get a flag. Walt would roll over, Danny g Walt would roll over.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know if Walt Disney was much of a football fan. No, although he was a baseball fan. Ben because a little known fact, Dodger Stadium consulted him and sat down with him way back in the day, and they based a lot of their structure on the way Disneyland looked. Yes, Dodger Stadium signage looks similar to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I don't know that Walt Disney was a football fan. But the Oregon Ducks, who today I believe are wearing their their Oregon Duck, the old school Duck logo, which was that's Donald Duck.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Disney loaned allowed they allowed them to use Donald Duck, but they couldn't make any money from selling the image of Donald Duck right on their on their uniforms.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Nowt me ask you, does Walt Disney is he the reason that Dodger Stadium had no drinking fountains when it opened? Is that Walt Disney's the don't.
Speaker 3: Know about that one. Okay, I do know though that like you go, I forget what that's the suitet level in the broadcasting box level where you can see the Dodger Museum. Yeah, and I would suggest you do that if you ever visit Dodger Stadium, because you can see a lot of what Dodger Stadium first looked like, really cool photos and memorabilia all throughout that little museum.
Speaker 1: And they also have still I don't know if they'll have it next year because the season's over because the Dodgers sucked in the playoffs, But they have that bullpen cart from the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: You can check that.
Speaker 3: Out it's kind of cool. Yeah, jump inside of it and see what security does. So Walt Disney, though, Ben, I don't think he intended the park prices to be what they are right now. Now, I'm not going to rant on this. I just want no.
Speaker 1: You don't think Walt Disney wanted to rob and pillage the people go to Disneyland. You don't think Wall would have signed off on that.
Speaker 3: Now, I got a little quiz for you, because yesterday my girl she sat me down at the kitchen table and she said, got to talk to you about something. Oh. As a guy, You're like, uh, oh, what did I do? But it was just about Christmas. She said, I want to like start planning it now because I think it would actually save us some money if we just do a little family trip to Disneyland for Christmas, rather than all the presents and all that full blown Christmas tree stuff, we can do a Disney trip. And I said, okay, that sounds good. We've actually done that before. But prices have gone even higher. How much do you think it will cost to bring the four kids in? Obviously co is free, so four kids to Disneyland, we got to pay for three of them. So five of us got to pay for one day at California adventure Land in one day at Disneyland. These are not even park hoppers where you go back and forth if you want to. This is just one day at one one day at the other, a Saturday and a Sunday. How much do you think that is? All right?
Speaker 1: So there's five people. I have no idea how much this stuff costs. So I'm just gonna I'm gonna do some malor math back. I've got a pen here, and I've got a number in my head which I think it's going to cost. See, the problem is that I go too high. That ruins the bit times five. This is five paying customers, all right? You want me to give the full amount that I think just the ticket cost, all right?
Speaker 3: So look out for the tickets for the weekend.
Speaker 1: I think the tickets will be a I think I will buy what one hundred and seventy five? So I think at eight eight seventy five.
Speaker 3: Okay, eight seventy five, No, try fifteen hundred and sixty five dollars?
Speaker 1: What the are you kidding me? I'm not kidding Wait, So I wrote down here on the piece of paper. I wrote down one hundred and seventy five dollars a ticket, So how much? How much is the tickets?
Speaker 3: She just showed me the ticket.
Speaker 1: What's what's the number?
Speaker 3: Fifteen hundred and sixty five dollars is what she showed me on her calculator.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no way, We'll do the divide. I haven't done this much mass as I was at Saddleback. So then you do the divide here divided by five. Holy shit, that's holy shit balls, dad gummt that is three hundred and twelve dollars per per member of the Danny g family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome to Disneyland, ladies and gentlemen. Now it gets better. Well, let's do a little bit of Walt Disney trivia for you. Now, Yeah, all right, what did Walt charge on day one on opening day of the park.
Speaker 1: You know, I know this because my parents got to go to Disneyland when they were younger. It was like it was like fifty cents or something, some ridiculous amount of money. But I think you had to pay per ride. I think that's there were tickets. Yeah, there were ride tickets, but to get into the park.
Speaker 3: On July seventeenth, nineteen fifty five, Disneyland's opening day, the theme park entrance was one dollar per guest one dollar one dollar. Now, one dollar in nineteen fifty five would be equivalent to buying a ticket for eleven dollars and twelve cents last year.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna do the same thing. So let me see what I want to come up. So this was when did it open nineteen? What year was it?
Speaker 3: Nineteen fifty five?
Speaker 1: Nineteen fifty five?
Speaker 3: And it says it's the equivalent to buying a ticket for eleven dollars and twelve cents in the year twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Two, okay, and I'll update it for twenty twenty three. I just I have a calculator here. It's on the interweb. It's Usinflation Calculator dot com. It's the website I'm using. So nineteen fifty five, if in nineteen fifty five I purchased an item for one dollar, then in twenty twenty three, the same item would cost eleven dollars and forty eight cents. What is going on?
Speaker 3: Oh man? So the tickets should actually be eleven dollars and forty eight cents to get into that park if they stayed true to Walt Disney's vision when he first opened it.
Speaker 1: Now or or if they had a CEO like Costco right, if they had, because Costco, the hot dog drink at Costco when they started that in nineteen eighty five was a dollar fifty. Today it's a dollar fifty. They will not raise the price. It's a loss leader at Costco. Clearly not run like the people at Disneyland. Or what's the other one that arizona iced tea. Isn't that the same price it's always been. They'd never raised the price of arizona iced tea.
Speaker 3: They're still in business. How do they do it?
Speaker 1: I know, I know. And the thing about these experiences, and I know the generations before us, Daddy, are all about the experience. I get that. You know, we're we're a little different. Although I don't mind a good experience. It just blows me, like I go to these baseball games and I see how much all these NFL games, and I see how much they charge will Last week we talked about it on the twenty dollars thing. I had twenty bucks to spend at the concession stand and everything was ridiculous, and I was like, this is offensive to me. This is terrible. So I ended up getting three pretzels because that was the most bang for my buck, three soft pretzels that took twenty dollars of my money. I am such a radio loser.
Speaker 3: I don't think it would bother all of us the way it does if our jobs kept up with the inflation and the uptick and all these prices, the cost of living keeps going up, wages seem to stay exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they know. Go and my experience over the years, and I'm not naming any companies, but some I've worked for over the years. When you ask for a raise, they they always have some kind of excuse. It's the economy, or we didn't get this, or we didn't get that. You know, it's always some. It's always some. So well, that's are you gonna now you're going to actually spend the fifteen hundred dollars? Are you going to get a third job?
Speaker 3: With four kids? I think that still is probably a better deal than doing a full blown Christmas with all the gifts. Probably will bite the bullet and do it. My WIFEI obviously wants a lot of baby pictures with CoA at the park, and I get that. My mom did that with me when I was a little kid, and you know, it's a family tradition. Disneyland is a big deal on my side of the family and my girl's side of the family. That's the thing, man, when it's kind of built into your family, you're going to pay the price. You're gonna pay the piper man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I want you to know, well, I grew up in Orange County and I went to Disneyland a lot because I lived close to it, and when I was a kid, it was somewhat reasonably priced to go to Disneyland. It was they had not completely gone off their rocker like they've done over the last twenty years or so. When I was younger, we would go quite a bit my passes because it was pretty affordable. It was close, and you're like, you live near Disneyland, you might as well take advantage of it. But I'm pretty much over it at this point. But my wife loves the holiday decorations at Disneyland, huge fan, and so she wants to go between Now She's even willing to do the Halloween thing, but I don't think that's going to happen because of my schedule.
Speaker 3: Of the work.
Speaker 1: So I think I'll maybe take a day in December and November or when they put the Christmas stuff up and you know all that crap. So I'll probably end up going around around then. So who knows, maybe we'll end up at the same same spot, same day, and ever.
Speaker 3: We could compare notes and you'll be like, I got another soft pretzel at this time at Disneyland, and it was seventeen dollars and it was five dollars for the melted cheese. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know my and we've talked about this as well. I'm a very frugal man, very simple man, and I have with my wife, we have a agreement here with these kind of things. We take the old I think this was the old slogan they had in the military, don't ask, don't tell, which was I think that was the Bill Clinton in his years there in the military. It's like, don't and that come. I'm talking about prices. If I know how much I'm spending on something, I am not going to enjoy it as much because I'm gonna the whole time I want to be thinking about how much I'm spending. And there's no way to sugarcoat it. There's no way. Like we went in Vegas last weekend. We went to this pretty nice Italian restaurant that some fugazy TV chef in one of those places is they opened to put their name on it. I'm sure they had nothing to do with it. They put their name on it. So we went to this place and I happen to see how much the food was, and I was like, holy crap. I mean, shouldn't shouldn't I when I take a dump, shouldn't I get to take the dump and then take that to the bank as gold bars? You know, like that kind of thing. Yeah, because so, yeah, we'll see, we'll see how that goes. What I really need is the company. And don't they do Here's here's the way for you and the wife and and CoA to go a little cheat code, right, don't they do the radio company? The people at iHeart. Don't they do a night at Disneyland around the.
Speaker 3: Holidays inside California Adventure. It's not inside Disneyland. Oh it's a little bit of a bummer. Yeah, they hold their special company events inside the smaller park California Adventure. It's okay, but it's not Disneyland, not the original. You want the original, you want the og.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I guess you got some money here. Moving on, we got a little foody fun for you. And these are some random food stories. And this has become pretty popular, Danny and I've determined, after a minute's long malor investigation, the reason this is popular is because people like eat. That's what I've did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're a guy who did the song yesterday that was on yesterday's podcast what's his name?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe from Richmond, our friend Joe Joe.
Speaker 3: I think you should limit your music down to like twenty seconds and do a foodie fun open.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, but then you're impeting on Ohio territory. But yeah, if Joe wants to send in a little short jingle for the food e fun hey something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't think Ohio l would mind because he has like, you know, six of the seven opens right now pretty.
Speaker 1: Much pretty much Ohio al has provided us with great, great audio.
Speaker 3: And also I say that because the guy yesterday should only be singing in twenty second blocks.
Speaker 1: Now, that's not help all right, That's okay? Those are original lyrics, you know. Well, they're actually they're written to the ram song, but they were the lyrics were all his. Yeah, and I couldn't write a song. I wouldn't know how to write a song at all.
Speaker 3: You could probably sing it better, but yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Only one I can do. My only song is for He's a jolly good Fellow, For He's a jolly good fellow, For He's a jolly good fellow. Was nobody can and I arf erferf.
Speaker 3: I'm not buying that you could sing all the Blues Brothers songs.
Speaker 1: Well, rubber Biscuit. I knew that line. I did the Blues Brother's Rubber Biscuit back of there. You got two slices of bread and you wish you had some meat.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the line that lie. I remember that line.
Speaker 3: Uh, maybe you shouldn't be singing in twenty second blocks either.
Speaker 1: Got your mouth? How dare you so foody? Fun? Well, this actually reference is something I said earlier. It must have been in the back of my head. Costco is getting a new CEO and people in the business world are freaking out here, the saying, wait a minute, is this new leadership at Costco going to kill the one dollar and fifty hot dog, the all beef hot dog combo with a drink, And nobody knows yet whether or not the UH Costco food court staple is going to go away. Now. I read a little bit about this guy because this is a story close to my heart. I love the Costco because, as we talked about, there's not much that's a deal anymore, and this is one of the places that's a deal. And so we dug around. I dug around on the dark web, and I am betting that it is a I'll put I put the odds on this. The Malor sportsbook gods ninety seven percent chance, ninety seven percent chance that the one dollar and fifty hot dog combo stays the same, that they're not going to raise the price. Now with inflation, since we like, let me, let me get the inflation calculator. So let's do the math on this. They started charging a dollar fifty in nineteen eighty five, so with let me do the math on this. Nineteen eighty five. Boy, this is a lot of math. Nineteen eighty five one dollar and fifty cents, so let's call that okay. So with inflation, the hot dog just based on normal inflation. The hot dog drink combo at Costco should cost you four dollars in twenty nine cents, but they have not.
Speaker 3: Raised and I don't think it's worth four dollars in whatever sense.
Speaker 1: No, it's a big hot dog, that's a that's you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you know what a hot dog is, it's only worth a dollar fifty. I hear, I hear.
Speaker 1: But the main reason I believe this guy is going to continue the tradition, much like Arizona iced tea ninety nine cents cans of iced tea, is because this guy the new CEO that takes over in February, not February. It's what I forget the date. I wrote it down somewhere. This guy has worked at Costco for more than forty years, okay, and he started as a forkliff driver.
Speaker 3: So if you're he gets it, DN he knows the vibe.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Like, if you're a forklet driver, you're you're a regular dude, even though you're a CEO. Now you know how important that dollar fifty hot dog and drink is, and you're not gonna You're not gonna give that away or get rid of that, you're not gonna do it. Well, here's something that is time sensitive. Danny on a foodie fund who doesn't like a good deal. So today, this is October twenty first here, if you're listening to it to us early and you love Wendy's, you like those square burgers from Wendy's and all the different chicken items they have there. So Windy's and door Dash are celebrating what they're calling the Ultimate Kickoff this weekend. This is right out of a promotional release and they're partnering to offer something called Dash Pass. And what this is members get twelve dollars off orders of twenty dollars or more today. So that means, what do you get it Wendy's for There's gonna be more math, Danny, what can you get for twenty bucks? My advice, here's my advice. Go on the Wendy's website or the app and just check out like what you get for that, Like what's the most stuff you can get for twenty bucks? And then get just order exactly twenty bucks. So then it only costs you eight and you're you're set up. So and it says here that the game Day deal is available exclusively for dash Pass members. I don't even know what that is, but it's a door dash app starts today during breakfast and runs until eleven fifty nine, so just before the witching hour there at midnight.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you have to sign up though, even if it's temporarily for the dash Pass.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what it says. It says if you are a dash what is I don't even know what the dash passes. If you're a dash pash memory, all you need to do is open the app anytime today and head to their their storefront, and then you add whatever you want in there.
Speaker 3: Ah, I knew it. Nine per month for a dash pass subscription. It costs nine dollars and ninety nine cents per month.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I retract my previous day. I would like to retract. I'd like to pump the brakes on that I didn't realize. Well, there you go, so you did the you did the legwork, Danny, there there.
Speaker 3: You So that's that's how they get you. Now you use their service all month, it will be worth it to sign.
Speaker 1: Up, yeah, because then it would only cost you like a couple yeah, a couple bucks. Yeah, well, if you like the Big Mac. You a fan of a Big Mac, Danny, you like that Big Mac?
Speaker 3: Uh back when it was really a big Mac, it's like a shriveled Mac nowadays when you order it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the Big Mac sauce very pop there.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I've heard this in the past, and I think we talked about this on the podcast. But there's a former McDonald's corporate chef who of course is on TikTok, and he has announced that the people have been trying to find the Big Max sauce. You know, can you get the saw They love the sauce and all that, they can't get enough. So the guy claims that if you go to Walmart, they have the great value secret sauce, which is Big Max sauce. Interesting to this guy, if you want to make a homemade Big Mac, this ex McDonald's chef claiming you can find Big Max sauce at Walmart. He claims that they sell it. It's almost identical. It's got all the same ingredients. And this is what we heard last time we talked about these great value things at Walmart, they had a ripoff Chick fil a sauce and a ripoff raising cane sauce. So they're there. I mean, it's all and it's nondescript. It's just a I've been at Walmart many times and I've seen them right next to the name brand ketchups and all that. So you really got to love that big Max sauce though, to be like, I'm going to go to Walmart today to get some sauce.
Speaker 3: You know, I was gonna say this. The last time I stepped in a Walmart, I had to take a hot, a long hot shower afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife's not a fan of that. Don't mind my head down, head down, boots on the ground, one foot in front of the other, and.
Speaker 3: You move on.
Speaker 1: Well, Cheetos, here's a new item that is getting high reviews from the food critics. Cheetos pretzels, a savory snack. Any interest in eating a Cheetos pretzels?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 1: There's the flaming hot version and then there's the regular, cheddared, cheddared version.
Speaker 3: They oh, so it must be hard pretzels, like little hard pretzels. Yeah, the little hard pretzels, gotcha? Nah, I don't think so. You're good on that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But what's good though, is to combine the Cheetos, which and the good news about Cheetos is no cheese was actually harmed with Cheetos. That's a good thing that no cheese was actually harmed in any way. But you get the Cheetos and then you get like chocolate, like milk chocolate on the other side, like a Hershey's bar or something like that. That's a solid combo. That is a that is the right mix. But they're trying all kinds of new things apparently over there, the Cheetos people, and they're they're doing whatever they can, so that that's that's going on. What else do we have here, Well, here's a possible federal law violation in Foody Fun and this involves Reese's rappers that might have violated federal law. Hershey's there in some trouble with this Reese's rapper. It features the brand's mascot, Cuppy. Did you know Reese's pieces mascot was named Cuppy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, you learned something new. That's why you're tuned in the podcast. Anyway, they're running I didn't know this either. They're running a twenty five thousand dollars sweepstakes under the name Reese's University, and it's advertised on the package on some of the products here. But according it's not your ordinary promotion because they're in some trouble here. It comes down to the fine print or the lack thereof of fine print. You know what this sounds like. Sounds like some of the other great scams we've had. There was a documentary it was the Was it the Pepsi Fighters? Was that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was the Pepsi Fighter jet promotion.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So here's the problem. It says no purchase necessary, and it says here we've all seen and heard the phrase a lot that's because state and ferral laws dictate the rules for sweepstakes and they require that no purchase is necessary in order to participate. If you had to buy something to enter the sweepstakes, then it becomes a lottery system, and lotteries have separate red tape. So the problem is that Reese's packaging advertising the sweepstakes does not make any reference, any clear reference that you don't have to buy the Reese's Pieces cup to enter the contest. Hello, you know what this sounds like to me? This sounds like lawsuit ambulance chasing lawsuits. What that sounds like to me. We'll we'll see what happens with that. I mean, there's a bunch of other random like the random thinks you with Jamal Murray's meal returns to KFC. I didn't even know Jamal Murray the Nuggets had a meal at KFC. How did that happen?
Speaker 3: That must be in the greater Denver area.
Speaker 1: It says limit edition leather jacket is part of this thing here and a new leather jacket with the number twenty seven on it. It says the meal is eclusely available on the KFC APPKFC dot com through December thirty. First, it does not say here in this story. I'm looking at that it's only in the Denver area, But maybe it is. I would think you'd be right, but who knows. And the Shakaroni pizza big news for the Danny g family there that the chacaroni pizza is back on the menu at Papa John's. So congratulations back on the minute you get away from me. Oh, you're never far away from Papa John's. You're never that far away from Papa John's at all. And we'll get out on that. It is Saturday, Danny, a day of rest, and today, if this goes as planned, my niece and nephew, my cousins will be at the Malor Mansion today. We're going to have the Monster Dinner in honor of Halloween.
Speaker 3: So very soon.
Speaker 1: The kids will be freaking out. Man, I'll tell ghost stories.
Speaker 3: The Sunday content should really sell itself because Ask Ben is a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Example, Yeah, and we mix in also, pop goes the culture. It's like a it's a two for one special. Where else you get. There's nothing else on Sunday that gives you that kind of entertainment. Nothing.
Speaker 3: I like how you didn't even notice that, I said, ask Ben.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I don't get paid to listen. I got paid to talk. I'm not If they paid me to listen, I would have never never worked there at all. Anyway, all right.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that said. We'll be back tomorrow, same Sunday mail.
Speaker 1: Bag, same station, same time, same station.
Speaker 3: I'll make it available early again. Okay, everybody's help. Even though we're in the NFL season right now.
Speaker 1: Same bat time, same bat station, same Ben and Danny g time, same.
Speaker 3: Same Battle stations.
Speaker 1: We'll catch you there later.
Speaker 3: Skater baflation