Speaker 1: I love a good hack on how to get stuff for cheap. It's Brooke and Jeffery is a brand.
Speaker 2: Negative podcast, and well, I mean it is a scam. We all liked it for the guy.
Speaker 1: Honestly, he figured out how to take a lady out to a high end restaurant without pain for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe, Yeah, you're gonna hear that.
Speaker 1: In just a second. But we always love to feature your comments.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Dominic said, glad you have met my wife the old fashioned way at a bar with more alcohol than either of us should have legally been solved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back in the day, right, listen, your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: Brooke, Is there such a thing as an entitled woman? Oh, that's a loaded question.
Speaker 2: There's a being titled every person?
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, Well, without looking directly in the mirror, what does that look like?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What are what are the characteristics that you're trying to describe there?
Speaker 1: I knew someone entitled feels like they're owed something, right, that's I mean kind of the definitely, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like the type of woman who would scoff if you paid with a non platinum credit card that reflects poorly on or or gets upset that her hotel room with ocean view doesn't face both oceans.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Unless you're entitled. Yeah, and they can be hard to date. I mean almost impossible. But one of our listeners, Zeke, went out with someone and says, even though she's definitely entitled, he still wants another date with her.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 2: If he knows what he's getting himself into, then cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Zeke, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Guys, Yeah, where did you meet this entitled woman?
Speaker 6: So I'm matched with her? Like on Dating with Fight.
Speaker 4: Her name is Cillas, sorry chill us with like a ch in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was interesting, Like Celeste, like Cillaste sounds.
Speaker 2: Pretty high maintenance.
Speaker 4: I like her already. What did you like about her?
Speaker 6: I mean she's just dropped dead gorgeous, Like she's so beautiful, and she's also a professional stylist with like a very busy schedule.
Speaker 4: But like I don't mind.
Speaker 5: That at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she sounds like what my friend group would call the fancy pants.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're not judging you at all. So tell us more about you and chillst How did you guys interact?
Speaker 6: So, I mean we started talking on the app, but then like in the middle of us, like almost getting to hang out, she deletes her profile.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I hope you had already exchanged phone numbers at that point.
Speaker 6: No, we were only talking like the app.
Speaker 2: You do know that we have to be able to contact her in.
Speaker 4: Order to wait, that's a very entitled thing to think, Brook. The only way we'll call someone is via phone. There's plenty of other ways to do it, but.
Speaker 6: That's how the station works. It's how we record.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, the whole room's entitled Now all right, So when was that?
Speaker 6: I want to say, like a few months ago, because now she actually came back on the app, so we matched again. Okay, So like I just jump and I say, hey, are we still going to hang out? Like my first question? So I remember it's talking about going and meeting up for dinner like on a day and like getting some steaks.
Speaker 4: That's cool, Okay, So what did she say to dinner and steaks?
Speaker 6: She throws out, you know what I would love to do, and she takes the fanciest, most expensive steakhouse in the city. And she says that we should both get tomahawks there.
Speaker 1: Whoahawks, like the huge ones that cost like five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, And I'm thinking, there's no way I'm going there's on a first date.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, there's no way a woman can eat a whole tomahawks.
Speaker 6: Well, this could just be a test, Like she wants to see how you react.
Speaker 4: How'd you react?
Speaker 6: I said, sure, done, it's already booked next Monday, there six the clock.
Speaker 3: Oh isn't it kind of the thing that you don't want to go that fancy on the first I wonder if you failed the test by saying sure, why?
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: Place, But I'm going to take you to this other stage first. We're so jaded. We think every question is definitely a test, and that there's the right way to do this and the wrong way to.
Speaker 2: Do He's on the phone with us, so we might be right.
Speaker 6: I mean, she was very excited. We meet there, okay, and it's closed.
Speaker 2: It's closed.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet you're so happy.
Speaker 1: Is that why you suggested Monday?
Speaker 6: And you're thinking what I was thinking? So I chose the one day out of the league that I knew it wasn't going to be open.
Speaker 4: Oh you did do.
Speaker 2: It on purpose. That's smart, that genius level. Darn it, but you kind of look like an idiot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he saved a bunch of money.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, she was shocked, and now didn't you make reservations? And I just have to play dumb?
Speaker 2: Oh was that believable?
Speaker 1: You played dumb?
Speaker 6: I mean I just blamed it on the restaurant. They just must have screwed up or something.
Speaker 2: Work on us.
Speaker 3: But we said she's entitled, so I don't know that.
Speaker 4: But the customer is always right, So as the customer.
Speaker 1: Restaurant, right, Yeah, I mean you you obviously had a plan be prepared because you knew that this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: So where did you actually take her?
Speaker 6: I ended up just like taking her to this high end food court, I mean in a nearby building.
Speaker 2: What's a high end.
Speaker 6: You know, like not like a food course that has like subway, Its just like more high end food.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think we do have one of these in the mall in the nice part of town.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like local restaurants and artisans.
Speaker 5: Are you saying it like that?
Speaker 3: I love getting girled cheese from there.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I'm a huge fan of that place.
Speaker 1: She's all dressed up for a high end steakhouse and now she's in a food court.
Speaker 4: But now she gets to know the real you, and that must have been a good thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that was enough. She's not calling me back.
Speaker 2: Oh man, how did you guys end the date?
Speaker 4: Ask a good question.
Speaker 6: She looked at me and said, well, I thought we were going to get Tomahawks.
Speaker 2: He didn't get over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and then you paid with a non platinum credit card.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming yeah, I just paid.
Speaker 6: It was like a normal card. I don't think she even noticed. But like, she's definitely a type of woman who probably gets like fifty Like to day, my guys on.
Speaker 4: This really pretty okay.
Speaker 1: We should pretend we're like a high end service calling to help her that you spend a lot of money.
Speaker 5: On, could you guys?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I mean I think.
Speaker 2: It's kind of obvious.
Speaker 1: We're free when you listen to usment bankers.
Speaker 4: We're calling because we hear you're rich and we want to help you with your money. Yeah, that'll be super believable.
Speaker 2: We're still trying to get a date to be a character.
Speaker 4: I am curious though, the way you're describing or seems very high maintenance, very demanding and needy. If she's like that, what makes you want to date her so badly?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't mind the feisty, the high maintenance, Like, she's just also really beautiful, So like, I kind of know what I'm getting myself in.
Speaker 2: But how are you going to keep up something expensive?
Speaker 6: I'll just beat booking restaurants that are closed on Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh, your favorite date night.
Speaker 4: A lifetime of happiness? That sounds like. But we'll try and get a hold of her when we come back, call this Cillieste and set her up with the man of her dreams when we do your second date update coming up right after this hold on.
Speaker 1: Man Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date update.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us, our listener, Zeke just finessed his way into a first date with a self described entitled woman named Chillest. Yeah, she's like the chilliest, but she suggested that they go eat Tomahawk's steaks together at the fanciest restaurant in.
Speaker 2: Town, And so did he talk sense into her?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not, that's right. Zeke said, sure, let's do it and told her he booked a reservation, which makes sense. Usually it takes months to get it in those places. When he was like, oh, I booked, I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, but his hack is kind of genius because.
Speaker 4: They showed up on the one day when that restaurant was closed. How did that happen? Did he do that on purpose? Yes, one hundred he did. And he also pivoted then to a high end food court, which was much more in his price range. But now he's not getting a call back.
Speaker 1: So she ended the day asking about the Tomahawks, still disappointed.
Speaker 4: Did she figure out the whole plan? Did she find somebody else to go buy her Tomahawks steaks? Of course she did, I'm sure. But Zeke's still holding out hope that maybe he can get a second chance.
Speaker 6: How you feeling, Zeke, I mean, I'm feeling pretty confident. I hope that my personality was enough.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Well, it hasn't been so far. Yeah, but I do like the optimism.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that personality is what she's searching for.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong. I mean, maybe we can convince her that's a good way to go we.
Speaker 4: Hope Brook's wrong.
Speaker 6: I'm going to keep my hopes high for No.
Speaker 4: Okay, you really probably shouldn't do that, because it's going to hurt when she says she's looking for a sixty ounce steak out of this. But yeah, let's find out. I'm gonna dial cilless number. Let's see if she actually answers. The phone in.
Speaker 6: Here get tingled.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, all right, we're gonna put you on mute. Then yeah, I want to I don't want to hear it, but yeah, let's talk to Chillist and see what happens here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Chilliste. Hey we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Thank you for answering. Yeah, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 5: Did I win something or what?
Speaker 1: People always ask that because that's usually what radio stations call.
Speaker 4: Just want stuff from us?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, if we had the budget, that would be great.
Speaker 4: But we might have something even better to offer you a chance to meet up one more time with one of our listeners, a great guy that we've spoken to named Zeke oh Man.
Speaker 5: That's what this is about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is called.
Speaker 4: A second date update. We're trying to help Zeke figure out why the you two haven't met up a second time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard of this type of thing before.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, we heard.
Speaker 1: About the steakhouse mishap where gosh it was closed mishap?
Speaker 5: Is that what he said? He called it a mishap?
Speaker 2: I mean, what would you call it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I looked it up later and it said the restaurant was closed on that day, So it wasn't a mishap.
Speaker 2: Oh well, then, I mean it was a mistake.
Speaker 5: Look, he took me the restaurant it was closed, and then he ends up taking me to some food court that he keeps telling me is this high end food court, which there's no such thing, by the way, And I'm sorry. If a place has Mexican sushi, I mean, I don't even know. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: That's what we call fusion. Sounds really good.
Speaker 2: Actually, I would take some.
Speaker 4: Some carnitas inside of a sushi sushi form.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not good. Let me just say it was not good.
Speaker 4: You were okay, So the food wasn't great, But what about his sparkling personality that must have won you over in some way?
Speaker 5: I mean, the moment I was in a food court, I was like half listening to him, So I don't I'm a shining personality. I couldn't see pass. Like the disappointment and the whole thing just felt weird, and I was suspicious of the whole thing. So, I mean, it just nothing was nothing was right.
Speaker 2: Why were you suspicious?
Speaker 5: It just seemed convenient that we have this like wonderful reservation and then the place is closed, like if he'd made a reservation, they would tell us. And then I called the next day and that's when I found out that they were already closed into that day.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you called and kept investigating whether or not what faked the reservation?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Because you know he said it was a mistake. So I called them to see if there was any other day with his name on the reservation or a mistake that they could have made. And there was absolute no record of his name and the system at all. I mean, he totally lied. He's such a cheap ass, I know it.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, WHOA.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to be upset about the lie, but you're upset about the cheap part of it.
Speaker 5: No, I know why he lied. He lied because he didn't want to have to pay for anything.
Speaker 4: It sounds like the nicest restaurant in the city.
Speaker 5: Oh so you say it's okay that he lied about it, then no, no, right.
Speaker 4: We're just saying what happened to the good old days of women just taking a man at his word and not questioning everything that he did in the motives behind it, right, Brooke, No.
Speaker 1: Lie, that was the grossest statement. I'm sorry, pretty outlandish thing.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I don't know why men are considered trustworthy these days, especially when we have them waiting on the other line, listening in on these phone calls waiting to talk. Wait what yeah, yeah, that's oh god kind of how this works. Because Zeke is on the phone right now.
Speaker 1: I think I'm here when you come in with some confidence, Zeke, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Exactly, didn't I hear he works again, It's not nice to hear your voice. I don't know why we're on here right now. I think it was pretty obvious. But my thoughts were on our on our last date.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, I like you, and I like your vibe, and I wanted to be with you because of that. I just I felt like it was just too much for a first date and if I said that, you wouldn't have gone out with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, of course I'm awesome and I'm gorgeous and I deserve all of that. So you're right, I would not have gone out with you had you been honest with me and just said that we weren't going to go to that restaurant.
Speaker 4: So hold on, you're saying that if he said, I'm sorry, I can't afford a seven hundred dollars steak, that would have been like a turn off for you.
Speaker 2: He didn't even say that. He just said that's too much for a first date.
Speaker 5: He didn't tell me that ahead of time. He's telling us that now after he'd already lied.
Speaker 4: So oh god. So it's a small problem of timing, is what we're having.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I kind of just wanted you to get to know the realm met you know, like I thought you.
Speaker 5: That, well, you know, the real you is broke and I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's so that's not true.
Speaker 6: I make above the average meeting salary for a man age.
Speaker 5: You know, you have some Mexican sushi with other men, because you're not going to attract any like high value woman with you know, a bait and switch game.
Speaker 1: I would actually argue to us that a high value woman is someone who looks beyond whatever the economic situation is, into a person's potential and their personality.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I.
Speaker 5: Grew the second half.
Speaker 4: So what I said was bad. That was horrible.
Speaker 5: That's really sweet that you think that way. But we have to give ourselves a leg up, like, we have to take our standards up higher, because otherwise we're just gonna get stuck with like people who drag us down.
Speaker 2: Why can't you just make the money.
Speaker 5: I do make money.
Speaker 1: There you go, okay, so you take him out to Tomahawk Stakes.
Speaker 2: You know you'd be the sugar mom or whatever.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't do that herself in her own dating life, but everybody else Definitely.
Speaker 1: I never dated someone who made more money than me, and that was true when I was making seventeen grads.
Speaker 4: Well, it's financially impossible to make more money than you, Brooks.
Speaker 2: I was taking seventeen thousand dollars a year. I was still dating, so we make seventeen.
Speaker 4: Kays bragger anyway, chill us, listen. I apologize on behalf of my co host coming after you and your high standards for what women deserve. But speaking to Zeke, I think, Zeke, what she's looking for is like a full admission of guilt. You messed up, like a total apology.
Speaker 2: Really, I think she's just looking for a bank statement.
Speaker 4: Well that's secondary. If you had that too, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm just trying to get off the phone at this point.
Speaker 4: Okay, but just give Zeke one last chance to state his point.
Speaker 6: What if I did apologize, and what if what if I actually did take you to dinner there for real, like and then these guys will.
Speaker 5: Pay for it?
Speaker 6: What wait?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait what we didn't say that it was a radio budget.
Speaker 6: Ye, my friend, No, I thought you guys like you that's your whole like game, like you guys pay for like the dates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe at like a red Robin, but not like the most expensive steakhouse in the entire city. Yet we don't even go to that place. You want to do?
Speaker 2: I hot breakfast. Her dinner's always fun.
Speaker 5: Besides, Zeke, I want you to pay for it yourself like a man should.
Speaker 2: And that's right, Zeke. Yeah, I've actually agreed with her.
Speaker 4: Now we all want you to feel it. Zeke.
Speaker 5: I'll give you my address right now, and you can door dash a tomahawk to me tonight and then maybe I'll consider giving you a chance.
Speaker 4: Wow, the doors cracked back open for you, Zeke, this is your chance.
Speaker 6: I mean I would, but I already looked at all the places that sell those and they're like closed right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, I heard that too, every single place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just looked.
Speaker 5: I just looked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the reverse of last time.
Speaker 5: Guy. This is the same story he just broke. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but have you tried the Applebee's egg rolls, because we heard those were good.
Speaker 4: High end Okay, the highest we goes cheesecake factory.
Speaker 5: What do you say, I say, I have to go.
Speaker 6: I'm gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, now we know you just got to stay in your lane. Buddy. Is that the bustling Mexican sushi? Yeah, it's a food court. Yeah, brooking Jeffrey in the morning. You know, Zeke's probably in his twenties right now, but I feel like down the road, when he's eighty or ninety, he's going to look back on this and appreciate that he just got the opportunity to go on one date with an entitled woman at a food court. Not a lot of people can say that, you know.
Speaker 6: I bet they looked out of place, like she's dulled up ready to go to the nicest restaurant.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure beautiful.
Speaker 6: He said.
Speaker 1: We didn't even ask him if he dressed up for the occasion, since he didn't he knew he wasn't going to the state.
Speaker 2: I don't know whatever I mean, Like there was so much other stuff going.
Speaker 4: On he could afford even a colored shirt. I do have a feeling this was the peak of his dating life. Oh no, this is the best he's gonna do, And now he's going to have to learn how to settle for a woman who just appreciates him for who he is. Enjoy your spiral down into normalness. I feel terrible for him, but that doesn't have to be your story. We can help you gate way above your means. Yeah, by reaching out to the show, and we'll call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: Remember how we just set expectations too high for being able to afford a tomahawk for people's dinner.
Speaker 4: Never quit on your dream. We can get you rejected. That's brooking Jeffrey in the morning,