Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Rip Brian wils Trend or Rip Brian Trenson, just whichever Will's trend is. How it struck me that one courtesy of Banadium Silver. My name is Jack, that over there is mister Miles.
Speaker 2: And this is the show where we tell you some of the things that are trending on this here afternoon Wednesday, July June eleventh, you know, July eleventh.
Speaker 1: Just be ready because July eleventh is a free Slurpee day. Get your umbrellas out because that's when the slurpee is gonna rain. Also yesterday, be remiss if we didn't say the Sopranos finale nineteen year anniversary. Watched the final scene and holds up. I'll say ye, I definitely head in.
Speaker 3: My memory eighteen years now.
Speaker 1: I think eighteen years all right, Damn James or Baniac on Twitter at nineteen Well fucking blew it, man.
Speaker 3: I can't believe everything you read.
Speaker 1: On the internet, but I so I watched the whole final scene. It's like the ending is even more nonchalant than I remembered for some reason, you know, because people have broken it down moment by moment and they're like, Okay, this person is in this shot and like you can see them in the framing like back here, and I'd like watched the finale when it happened, consumed all that content, and then this was I think the first time i'd watched it since, and like when everything's not being broken down for you in the moment, it it just feels like your TV went out for sure, Like it's like I think i'd added a memory where the guy came back out of the bathroom, like I think is the person who I assumed kills him, like turns the lights out on him, but he doesn't, Like he goes to the bathroom and that's the last we see of him, and then there's like the doorbell, the bell of somebody walking through the door. He looks up and that's it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I mean I remember at the time, like everyone.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, but I guess, yeah, I guess on a second, because I've when I've watched it again, I'm like, oh, yeah, okay, I don't know, like if that's how the David Chase.
Speaker 1: Wanted to endit, it great, fine, whatever, Yeah, No, I like the ending I think it's it's also sort of I was ambivalent about it. I was like, you know, like some people were like it's perfect, and people like I fucking hated it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, whatever, great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually it made me hate the breaking bad ending because I was like, that's so like fan servicey and like exactly what Walter White would have wanted the ending to be, as opposed to just like something like this the right ending to the story. Right. But it's also like neurologists say that like if you if you are like killed suddenly, like you probably won't even perceive your own death, Like you won't even it will feel like that if you know. Okay, So I just have don't stop believing playing constantly and just have don't stop believing playing all the time. And that's exactly what it'll feel like, all right. Brian Wilson, I mean we talked about it a little bit on tomorrow's episode, but one of the great, yeah, really tragic life.
Speaker 3: I only know the most obscure things about him. I known everything you were talking about and Matt were talking about. I was like, WHOA, that's fucking crazy, ma'am. This Brian Wilson does seems chilling. I only know that his favorite movie is Norbit, and he also offered fans cocaine backstage once in an audio recording.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not know about the offer. I didn't know either of those Norbit or the cocaine thing. What. So he's just like backstage chilling.
Speaker 3: And apparently this clip it's they say it's from the Beach Boys Endless Bummer, the very worst of the Beach Boys. I don't know what that is. But again this was like recorded apparently with like fans who were backstage. Oh, someone actually posted I don't again, this is the YouTube comment this. This was me and two other friends in nineteen eighty one. We found out where the Beach Boys were staying and went in search of them. We found them. Brian was walking down the hall wearing only sweatpants. He was our god, and we began to talk to him. T us it was unbelievable that we were talking to Brian Wilson. He invited us backstage to the concert as well. Unbeknownst to two of us, our third friend was taping our encounter. The tape was just for the three of us. How it got out I'll never know. And this is what happens. So this is Brian Wilson talking to some fans and saying like, hey man, I'm doing two shows. Like they're like, yeah, we'll be at the first one, and he's like, yeah, come hang out afterwards. We can just you know, we'll just wrap man', just chop it up. And then biz like, do you guys snort cocaine? And it's a very odd interaction. But also so I don't know, wholesome such a wholesome offering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way he asks it is like, so this is him offering it trop bib. We'll rat than it. We get into just hang it out right, Yeah, yeah, you guys.
Speaker 2: Wait for it.
Speaker 3: I give.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I do I do, Brian as for you, I will, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So there's some on the writer jam Put pointed out, like the demo recording of Surfs up from the Smile sessions, like just Smile, Yeah, the false st is crazy. Smile was the record he was working on after Pet Sounds, and then Mike Love convinced him that like Pet Sounds was a flop and a disaster, and so he got convinced not to make Smile, which was like the Smile Sessions are where he recorded Good Vibrations, which is like regarded as one of the like great songs of that decade. So shout out to Mike Love, you know, one of the there. He's out there. He's still out there, you know, because things are good and things work out by the way they should. All right. We have testimony from a former Doge engineer who, you know, we were hearing some wild stuff about this crack team of young hackers who were going in and fixing the US government.
Speaker 3: Finding all that waste and fraud.
Speaker 1: Fining all that waste, finding all that fraud. I have no doubt, Like I was assuming that they were going to find some weight, Like the government is like old and creaky and like built by ninety year old. Certainly like they're going to be able to find some waste, some fraud.
Speaker 3: Hold on seven hundred thousand subscriptions to TV guide that are still active. No, no, okay.
Speaker 1: This is what we congress alone. Yeah, but yeah, this guy said that like they were really struggling to find waste and fraud. They were relatively nonexistent.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Wow, But you walked in there being like, oh I know everything, I know how to get waste and fraud because I think you know the way that was that the same one where they're comparing it to how like they know how it is in tech where there is tremendous amounts.
Speaker 3: Of like wasteful spending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I personally it was pretty surprised actually at how efficient the government was. Holy shit, this is what you hear like from people who've like worked in both private sector and the government. Like the government like is so it's not like not funded, but it's like it's not like there's no just like giant wasteful like idiots at the end of you know, like thirsty Thursdays where like they yeah, they bring in a fucking bespoke whiskey car. Everybody's they're like working because they like believe in doing that thing, not because they were like convinced because they had like a fucking indoor adult playground and like cool candy on tap. And you always hear people be like, yeah, like it's real amateur hour in the private sector, right, And when you look at the record of things that have been accomplished by you know, publicly funded adventures such as the Internet, they just get like taken over by fucking the private sector and the private sector because we live in a you know, our religion is capitalism. It gets like taken over and we retell the story where it's actually like Steve Job in a garage somewhere actually made that make the Internet. Go oh yeah, it's Bill Gates. It's not that his parents were so wealthy. He had access to a computer before any other child did in America, and that the government had built the infrastructure for the thing that he was working on. Born in the fuck man, just like, well, I guess I wouldn't benefit because I'm not a white person. But Jack, if you were just born twenty five years earlier, dude, oh man, the snorting cocaine with Brian Wilson and coding the Internet, you know.
Speaker 3: And coming up with like really just because I just think of like how low the bar is for like our the original scripts, like in Hollywood in the eighties, not that it was bad, but you're like you were you were just really roaming in and like it's like a fucked up ski resort or something.
Speaker 1: Man's boobs in and there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, great, great, great.
Speaker 1: Great great resort or something. It's like five movies that I have that premise, But.
Speaker 3: Even then they're still like, yeah, man, this one sounds a little different than the last one.
Speaker 1: What if we did a replace all A phrase I just came up with because I'm also brainstorming the internet. What if we did that with karate and so instead of it being a fucked up town that is like run with skiing and then they settle things with skiing race, what if it was fucked up town that's run by children's karate, they settle things with a children's karate tournament. Swish, Hell yeah, just tears and eyes and the boardroom. Unbelievable the way they speak to the human experience, just like it's a gift, all right. What if there was more than one karate kid? What if there were three ninjas? Count it bang bang way downtown. Let's take a.
Speaker 4: Quick break, we'll come back, and we're back, and we're back, and it's time to boycott his birthday parade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we were talking about how, you know, I think yesterday right that, Yeah, there was you know, some some grumbling, some suspicions that maybe people aren't going to be descending onto Washington, d C. For deer leaders fucking birthday bonanza parade.
Speaker 1: It's not even a good one. It's like, what is it seventy nine.
Speaker 3: His birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's seventy. I think seventy eight. It's not even fucking that's not that's not.
Speaker 3: Because he saw the Bastille Day celebrations his first term in.
Speaker 1: Paris and he was like, what the fuck. And I'm like, first of all, you're not gonna there's no America can't show out like the French can't in that way.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, we're.
Speaker 1: We're a very very sick flavor society of Bland. So I know you saw that and that looked hype, but that's not happening here, babe. We are baked chicken breast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unseasoned baked chicken breast.
Speaker 1: You are chicken cordombles. We are baked chicken breadth.
Speaker 3: That's that's cook avon that you saw over there. This is just just catch up on a fucking chicken tender. But anyway, the organizers, like we said, expecting to anticipating rather two hundred thousand people to show up and spontaneous.
Speaker 1: That number out there is they're getting fired. Yeah, they want to lose their job they're like they're part of their like the Doje engineer being like, actually, this place fucking sucks.
Speaker 3: Stinks this place, but you know, so there are not many people showing up, as we found out at least do it looking at Hotel resu hotel booking. Maybe and I believe it.
Speaker 1: I just don't think people give a shit about Donald Trump's birthday enough for two hundred thousand people to make their way to the capital. People love a fucking party, man, like that. We were talking about how they're can like having to cancel or not having to but because of you know, all the corporate funding drying up, Like a lot of these Pride events are like much smaller, and like the amount of tourism for these Pride events is wild. They're like, this is better than a Taylor Swift cont Like we have, right, more bookings than like Taylor Swift concerts. We have like more. It's like the fucking super Bowl for Columbus Ohio, you know, and Columbus Ohio doesn't get the super Bowl. So these are like people will go to a party if you throw a good party, if you're a good one. I think the problem is this looks like a fucking terrible part. It looks like baked chicken.
Speaker 3: Breast, and it looks like every it's like a fascistic everyone praised the dear Leader. Event Now, I don't doubt people will go because there's plenty of people in this cold Yeah, will fawn over deer Leader two hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be able to like build a good crowd shot for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then but don't but you know, someone's gonna take.
Speaker 1: That cheeky wide Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be like the inauguration all over again. You're gonna have Sean Spicer just or you know, fucking what's her face now, Caroline Levitt doing her best. This was while attended birthday party ever Ever.
Speaker 1: So the other thing is, though political started asking elected Republicans who are going, just seven of fifty surveyed GOP lawmakers are planning to actually attend the president's birthday festivities over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Of course, the biggest blickers of the boot like Marjorie Taylor Green and Byron Donald's they are gonna be there. But they're even having like the heads of the armed survey committees like in the House and the Senate, they're like, ah, yeah, yeah, I gotta do another thing.
Speaker 1: Like Mark Wayne Mullen, who's prettived that they're pretending is for the army, that's the army's birthday is not even going to They're like, well, they're like we're actually going, which makes sense, Like there's actually a huge arms conference happening abroad that we have to be at because that's that's really what's going on.
Speaker 3: It's a military industrial complex. It's not these soldiers. Mark Wayne Mullen, who's also a very loyal Trump person, he's like, I got my anniversary, like a bunch of people just have all these weird lindsays not even going.
Speaker 1: So that's wild.
Speaker 3: That's and you're like, what the fuck again, There's been a lot of mumbling Trumps, like the protesters they fuck around. They're gonna find out. But honestly, the the funniest shit is if no one even bothers to fucking protest, like the thing that would do to his ego.
Speaker 1: I low, like nobody can I think there's gonna be protests on Saturday elsewhere? Yeah? Yeah, which if we could get a protest, those bigger than his birthday party in other cities.
Speaker 3: They are to be trust me, La New York, Chicago, all the stay yes have these huge Yeah so many places those are mean much bigger crowds.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this is this is a trend with the mainstream media though that I just want to like if I got, if I got to be the editor in chief of all media. There's these two. There are these trends that they do, like this being one where they're they think they're like owning the Trump administration, but they're really just like acting as fucking hall monitors for the Trump administration. Like this one where like you're telling on these people for not attending. You're like fun, like now it's gonna make them go, right like Politico lindsay, yeah exactly, or like the fucking people the all the all the stories about how like Biden deported more people. It's like, what do you think you're doing right now?
Speaker 3: You're bringing people back into the fold of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: With that, right, Yeah, it's so fucking annoying. Yeah, like, yeah, what's up, bitch. You can't you can't deport people like our guy Biden could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right exactly. It's it's all all very very sad, but you know, we will see what happens. There's this there's another quote from people that are just not gonna be just so many people and all this to have sixty six hundred soldiers and some actors because they need people to fill up the costumes that they're gonna be wearing to.
Speaker 1: Oh for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like trying to honor all the like the conflicts that the US Army has been in since its inception.
Speaker 1: Kind of Oh so they're cosplaying.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what again. He saw this fucking fantastic French Bastille Day fucking celebration and he's like, I want that, but old tanks ripping up the fucking ground. Yeah, yeah, Brian, even the Korean War and Vietnam because Trump believes we want all of those.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, but it's gonna be the Vietnam War as depicted in Rambo two.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna be Rambo one guy, just as Rampo as the depiction of the Vietnam War.
Speaker 1: Last time, you bet we do.
Speaker 3: And that's actually slashed doone.
Speaker 1: Wow, pretty sick? All right? Omaha there was a raid at an Omaha meatpacking plant and residents sprang to action there as well. Yeah. Also Rock the state as non citizens worry that ICE scrutiny is about to intensify in Nebraska. They're everywhere. Yeah, it feels like they're everywhere. And I do feel like, again, like as we talked about tomorrow, like the protests have done some good things by drawing attention to this story that for a while was just like do you see those people getting in the way of ice in like that San Diego neighborhood. But like, I don't feel like there was as much media attention on like how fucked these raids are and that they're happening everywhere.
Speaker 3: They're like that it's so fucked up. How the protesters broke a window?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the raid? Okay, Okay, I see where this is going. Yeah, I mean the raids are happening all over the country. There's now Trump is like they're sending in ice like special response teams to five different states that are led by Democrats, again to just create the headlines that it's so bad we have to send in like the Navy seals of the immigrant kidnapper gang, which is yes, okay to get all these people who are peacefully protesting. Shout out to Ellie from Zeitgang who mentioned to me and the DMS that again, like with this thing that's happened, because we were just talking about Warren Buffett, like yesterday, I was just thinking about Omaha. But like, Nebraska is one of the biggest producers of meat, and you know already there's a labor shortage there, so like for every hundred jobs, there's only like thirty nine people available to do the work. These are the like, these are the small knock on effects that begin to happen when you're just absolutely no consideration for what you're doing who you're doing it to. But America's precious meats. Also, I don't know if that's a version of the story that people can attach to that would give them, Yeah, your meat, I mean, they don't give a fuck, Like it turns out, it's why it's a press over everything. But yeah, I mean meat. They're coming for your guns, they're invading your state, like states rights. Wasn't that your burger Hamburgers?
Speaker 3: Are y'all fucking for real? Yeah, it's it's It's just again, this is how we're seeing this all play out. And I'm always heartened to see that people where they're living their their first response is to take up for their neighbors, the people that live in their community. There was a photo of the lunch room at this meat plaque packing facility with just all these like lunch like people's like lunches that they bring to work that were just accumulated on a pile on a table because all those people had just been fucking kidnapped by ice. And it's just like such a really subtle visual, but you're just like, you just look at that, and you're like, that's someone who was just going to fucking.
Speaker 1: Work to try and make ends meet, and now all that's left of them is a fucking lunch pail that was before the Ice agents ate their lunches. Yeah, presume probably. Yeah. Gavin Newsom also is like, I am the face of this resistance but not drawing a ton of attention to anything but like himself, it feels like, yeah, I mean he's.
Speaker 3: He's saying the right things for the most part right now, but it's just like you're just like, dude, I hate that.
Speaker 1: It's you man. Yeah, don't give it.
Speaker 3: You don't give a fuck about trans people, fucking the actually the actual poor people, you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like went in and like broke up a homeless encampment like with him with his hand, like it was like shit all over there the photo op. I feel like he's gonna like he's gonna be like arrest me then like Harvey Dent style, and then he's gonna get arrested and immediately like join the Aryan Brotherhood in prison. Yeah. Yeah, I'm too cute for prison guys. I need protection. Yeah. This is the other thing too, with all these raids. Remember like when the way he's talking about I was like, well, you know, if you hire somebody who doesn't have legal status, you're going to be in trouble too.
Speaker 3: Where the fuck are they rounding.
Speaker 1: These people up? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if that's really the case, And again, that's not the fucking issue here.
Speaker 1: That's all just double speak to make it seem like there's any kind of balance like whatever. There's no balanced application of the law. This is just straight up white supremacy. You're gone fucking wild. Yeah all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, June eleventh. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, Be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can't get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye Bye bye.
Speaker 3: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine.
Speaker 1: Law, co produced by Bae Wag, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNab, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries Att