Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The roller coaster of an NFL season is moving right along, and it promises to be a month full of tricks, treats, and of course, touchdowns. And Draftking sports book and official sports betting partner of the NFL, is the number one place to always bet touchdowns, running it in from the one or an eighty yard bomb. We don't care how they score them. We want to bet them. DraftKings hurt us and is delivering. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it simple. Bet on a player scoring a touchdown. Go to DraftKings dot com and DraftKings Sportsbooks app.
Speaker 1: Make your pick.
Speaker 2: Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. Bet five that's it. Bet five bucks, get two hundred instantly in bonus bets. Draftking the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download their app takes ninety seconds. The code is Colin Coli n use the code Colin. Bet five bucks get two hundred bonus bets instantly only on DraftKings. The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem. Call one eight hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight open WY or text hope and WY four six, seven, three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario Bonus Betsicspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: All right, little instant reaction and fifteen minutes from now you're gonna hear from Chad Milman Sharper Square thank you for all joining us. San Francisco. The Niners got off to a big first half league coasted to a thirty six twenty four win. I never felt it was really in doubt. You probably didn't either. I think it was. It was a nice performance by brock Purty, who had three touchdowns two hundred and fifty five yards. We talked about this today on FS one, that this was a big night for brock Purty. They're a very good top four scoring team in the league. In the first half. That's a lot of that's on Kyle Shanahan's scripted plays, and brock perty is incredibly efficient in running those plays smartly. Distributions excellent, and they jump out to lead. They have not been a good second half offense. They have not been a good red zone offense. So tonight meant something because you have to. I mean, they were down to a third running back tonight beyond you know, Christian McCaffrey's out, hiss out, So I thought it was really important. Kittle had a nice night, Deebo had touches. Brandon Ayuk still doesn't feel like I'm getting the full Brandon Ayuk, but this was a big night for Brock Purty. That it's on the road. You have the better roster, you have the better coach, but it's a tough environment. It is a rival. Those those divisional games are tough. But I do think week six in the NFL, this is Week six. I think you start to see a separation between the posers and the pretenders and the real teams. You're gonna see the separation of quarterbacks. I'm gonna take Justin Herbert over bow Nicks this weekend. I took tonight Brock Purdy, who I think is better than Geno Smith. I think you're going to see some separation this week. Bad teams and mediocre teams can convince themselves for the first four to five weeks that can play, and then you see separation, and you also see improvement by some young players like Caleb Williams has obviously had a very good last two weeks. So you know Geno Smith is now oh and five. I went and looked it up tonight, owen five officially against San Francisco. He never plays particularly well. No, he didn't have a run game tonight, whereas Brock Purdy did have a run game. But he's been sacked fifteen times, four touchdowns, five picks, mid eighties passer writing against San Francisco. And that's a real deal. Is that you know you can? I mean it's okay if Lamar Jackson loses to Kansas City. Everybody's losing to Kansas City and Mahomes and Andy Reid, but you gotta beat those divisional foes. Brady owned the AFC East, Big Ben for years own Cincinnati Cleveland, and Gino just doesn't play well against his rivals. So right now you have Brock Perty's better than Geno. Kyler Murray's better than Geno and Matt Stafford in divisions, better than Geno Smith. Seattle's got the fourth best quarterback in the division. Listen the Darnold story, the Baker story, the Geno story of redemption. I love but Sam and Baker better than Geno. He's number three on that list. So I thought Seattle should have taken a quarterback in last year's draft. I would have gone after Michael Pennock's the local kid and had his offensive coordinator, Coach Grubb, who's now the OC of the Seahawks. But Atlanta gets him so and I also think they have to consider moving maybe a DK metcalf. I just I don't know, it doesn't I thought Al Michael's hit on it tonight, or maybe it was Kirk kirk Street. DK sometimes doesn't feel engaged catching the ball with his body. I just I just you get the occasional slash plays, but I just don't feel like he's always engaged. And you know, sometimes players just get tired of teams an environment, and I don't know, there's a lot of receivers on an annual basis from college to pro. I think DK is a really good player. Explosive. Somebody would be interested, But that just feels like you could move off it and garner a good draft pick, and that draft pick you could use to move up, because Seattle's gonna win some games this year. As soon as their defensive line gets healthy, they're going to win some games. They won't be a top seven or eight drafting team. So if you have to move up, you have to give up, you know, a couple of seconds, a couple of thirds, whatever you got to do to move up. But I think Seattle needs to go get a quarterback. You cannot have the fourth best quarterback in the division right now. Gino again tonight, a couple of picks thirty to fifty one. He's a better story than he is a quarterback. Darnold this year is a great story, and so as Baker. But they're also a really good quarterbacks. Currently. Last two weeks, Seattle's been dominated time of possession. So you know, when you fall into these big holes. They already weren't competitive, even though I had it tied at ten against the Giants. If you watch the game, they were dominated. Their offense was rarely on the field. Tonight again, you're losing time of possession, and some of that's just the defense with Mike McDonald. They're all banged up, they can't make stops. But you can talk yourself into a lot of different things. You got to have the first or second best quarterback in your division right now. In the AFC, who leads the AFC East, the best quarterback in the division, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson leads the AFC North. He's playing the best in the division.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud and Patrick Malmes, Okay and Kirk Cousins. You know he's over there in the NFC South, best quarterback in that division. So yeah, I think Seattle has to have a big offseason. I like John Snyder with the GM. I think he's sharp, and Pete Carroll didn't see eya ee and it was a little bit of a power struggle near the end, but go get a quarterback, got accumulate. Some draft picks take a big swing on this. I think it's a better quarterback college draft than we thought six months ago. You know, you start watching these kids play, they all improve. I'd make the move, but the overall tonight, my take is this was a really important performance for Rock Purty, and I thought he delivered. He was on script in the first half, was Shanahan and then made some plays, moved around with his feet a couple of George Kittle moments. One of those, to George Kittle was a complete dart. Here's something else I want to throw out another topic before we get to Chad Millman. So I'm not a huge fan of the Robert solid firing because I think what happens is that you end up with an interim coach, and everybody plays inspired football for the interim coach, and you kind of get stuck because the players all like him. A lot of times you get stuck higher in the interim coach. But I was texting a couple of coaches, one former coach and another coach tonight, and last year there was one really good job available because of the quarterback Chargers, and Justin Herbert and Jim Harbaal the number one candidates swooped it up. This is going to be a rare year when Philly, Dallas, Jacksonville, Chicago and Cincinnati potentially can all have coaching openings. Now, Chicago's playing well, and I think eber Flus at least knows his side of the ball. Matt Eberflus, but you could potentially have Jalen Hurts, Dak, Trevor Lawrence, Kleb Williams, or Joe Burrow available. So this this is one of those years for the New York Jets. Aaron Rodgers forty, hasn't really been a great quarterback in his last twenty starts prickly, kind of expensive, you know, the Jets. By firing Sala, not only do you get into that interim head coach dilemma where the players love the interim head coach and play inspired football, and you kind of lose the locker room potentially if you don't hire him, because he's a guys guy's alfas a former player, he's well, very well like according to all the people in New York and the media, very well liked. So but also this is going to be the Jets are not going to be the first choice. I mean, Philadelphia has got a better quarterback in Jalen Hurts. I'd take him over Aaron today. He's younger and in his prime. It's a better roster, better ownership. I mean, I think Dallas has a better quarterback in Dak and a better owner. You know, Chicago and Jacksonville. I mean I get Caleb Williams on a rookie contract in Cincinnati again, Burrow or Aaron Rodgers at forty one years old. And don't forget Buffalo, Josh Allen. I like Sean McDermott, but that has been a noisy coaching staff. Game management again this year is a topic of conversation. Keep your eye on the Buffalo bill opening. So and if the Giants, I think this would be a catastrophic mistake if they moved off Brian Dable, Buffalo, in my opinion, would swoop him up in five minutes. I don't think the Giants are going to make that mistake. But add Buffalo, that's the best job available, good roster, solid GM, non chaotic ownership, Josh Allen, those jobs just don't open up. That's like Matt Lafleur in Green Bay job where Aaron was closer to his prime. Those jobs just don't become available. So if the Jets are Jets want to get into a sweepstakes for the best coach, they may end up with a fourth or fifth best choice. Look at these quarterbacks that can need coaches. Hurts, Alan Burrow, Caleb Dak, Aaron is way way past his prime and continues to be a little, in my opinion, subversive. He says one thing to the media, Well, you're not buying, right, You're not buying that Woodie Johnson phone call. They were just wishing each other an early happy Thanksgiving. Right, you don't buy it. I don't buy it. Nobody buys that. So I was talking to a coach tonight and he said, it's a good year to be looking for a job. So that's the dilemma when you sort of bum rush Robert sala is that the top candidates look at that, and this top candidate, somebody that I think will be available for a job. They kind of look at how you treated the last guy, and the last guy was actually pretty good at his side of the ball, Robert sala So that's always the dilemma. You keep seeing the same teams in the top ten in the draft, and we always blame coaches and quarterbacks, but so often it's really it's the guys upstairs. So nice win by the Niners tonight, really nice win in Seattle. Don't have to punt the season, but you have to have to upgrade at the sports most important position. I think we can all agree on that the roller coaster of an NFL seasons moving right along, and it promises to be a month full of tricks, treats, and of course, touchdowns. And DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NFL is the number one place to always bet touchdowns, running it in from the one or an eighty yard bomb. We don't care how they score them. We want to bet them. DraftKings hurt us and is delivering. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it simple. Bet on a player scoring a touchdown. Go to DraftKings dot Com and DraftKings Sportsbooks App.
Speaker 1: Make your pick.
Speaker 2: Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. Bet five that's it. Bet five bucks, get two hundred instantly in bonus bets. Draftking the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download their app takes ninety seconds. The code is Colin coln use the code Colin. Bet five bucks get two hundred bonus bets instantly only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours gambling problem.
Speaker 3: Call one eight hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight open wy or text hope and why four six seven, three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario Bonus Betsicspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: All right. Time for another edition of Sharp or Square with my buddy Chad Milman, c COO Action Network. All odds provided by DraftKings. So last year I had a rough first month that I caught fire. And one of the reasons I caught fires I started noticing a trend in my picks is that I was overthinking the room. And as this league has become more quarterback centric, when all else fails, the best quarterback is winning the games, regardless of the spread. And that Monday Night's a great example. Is everything told you, oh, those unlucky Saints, and then two plays in You're like, I'm betting against Patrick Mahomes over Derek Carr, so a great example of that to me this week, I'm gonna inverse it. Aaron Rodgers since December of twenty twenty two has had one three hundred yard game in that time. Davis Mills has had a couple. Okay, Desmond Ritter has had more than one. Is that because he's a pretty passer, and we tend to embrace pretty longer the aging supermodel. We grow up with him. We can't let pretty go. We can let Peyton Manning was great, but he wasn't pretty. Aaron's pretty. He's not a very good quarterback anymore. He's not an efficient quarterback. So Josh Allen is really good. They're getting a bit healthier. This is a team that's gone through a chaotic week. They're still banged up on the offensive line. Josh Allen is significantly better than Aaron Rodgers. I am swallowing the two and a half points. I'm going against the high energy of a interim coach. Let's go backward. Sharper square.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's square as square as can be. You're going to take a road favorite in the division. That is a trend that will work against you over time. You are going to buy a team, while the Bills obviously aren't a two game losing streak. You're going against a team that is much more undervalued in the Jets, playing at home because they are going through a coaching change and because there has been all this chaos in their organization for the past month. So you're really playing against into what the public wants. The public, by the way, are betting the Bills at about a eighty five to ninety percent clip, And that's another time when you want to fade the public.
Speaker 1: So it's square.
Speaker 4: This line has moved in the Bills direction. All the money is coming are the bets are on the Bills. The wise guys have bet this down to two, It goes back up to two and a half. They take it again, it goes back down to two. Wise guys are in their jets.
Speaker 2: I do not believe. Although I said the Denver Broncos would be significantly better, they were my choice last year. I said the Rams are not a six win team. This year, I said the Broncos personnel offensively is not a five win team. They're going to win eight or nine, probably don't make the playoffs. They're not on a three game heater that said bow Nicks against Justin Herbert, who's healthy with both tackles and offensive coach off of by Chargers minus two and a half at Denver again, I'll take the divisional road favorite. It is a mismatchic quarterback. I do not believe the Denver Broncos are a four game winning streak team. I am selling them at a high point. Sharper square, Dude.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of games this week where there is zero consensus and very strong opinions on both sides, and this is one of those games. I will say that I'm with you. My favorite co host, Simon Hunter, professional better is with you. This line was at three, got bet down to two and a half, then it goes back up to three, then it gets bet down. What that is telling you is that when the game is at two and a half, professionals, a certain section of professionals love the Charters, and when the game is at three, a different group likes the Broncos. And they are basically just playing each other right now. They are just betting back and forth, back and forth.
Speaker 1: And like, what's interesting about these games?
Speaker 4: And we've talked a little bit about this when it comes to people like Jim Harbaugh and also people like Dan Campbell. They are building from the inside out. They are building from the line of scrimmage, and with Harbaugh and Campbell both it's really been about the offensive line. So Joe All coming back hopefully Rashaun Slater coming back for the Chargers. That will mitigate the Broncos' greatest strength, which is their pass rouge, which this year's top five in pressure rate and is really the reason why the Broncos have been staying in the games. They're staying so to me, I like the Chargers here because I think that they are they have the better quarterback, and I don't believe in bo Nicks yet. Think they've win with some smoke and mirrors right now. But it is you are not going to find a sharp side or a square side on this. I will say the Broncos are a very public dog. Because they've been winning. The public is coming in. So if you're looking for how to fade, you do want to fade the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Let's go to London. I think Caleb Williams and his offensive cohorts went to Shane Waldron and said, we're not a Pop Warner team. Give us more. Since that time, Caleb Williams is completing seventy one percent of his throws and doesn't have a turnover. The Jaguars just got out of a long losing streak and almost gave that game away. Whereas the Bears, I can look at them and go excellent defensive coaching, and I can look at Caleb Williams and say, ascending young star quarterback. There is nothing about the Jaguars I can definitively say. I like the Bears are starting to add to the things.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 2: We know that he Luskin coach defense. That's inarguable. It's like Robert Sola. You don't have to love him, he knew defense. I'm going to take the Bears minus one and a half. In London, favorites do well Overseas.
Speaker 4: Sharper Square favorites are I think thirty five and ten. I don't know why, right, And by the way, I think it's something like thirty fourteen and one against the spread, including this past week Minnesota beating up on the Jets.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So the wise guys have been betting the Jags in this spot. They're not fully bought in on the Bears. They feel like the Bears have beaten bad teams, and until the Panthers know, they didn't look that great beating the Colts, they didn't look that great beating the Rams.
Speaker 1: I agree with you what you're seeing about Kayleb Williams.
Speaker 4: He's definitely taking steps and it's not like the Jags defense is anything that is lighting up the league or that people are afraid of. And to your point, like Doug Peterson after that touchdown pass to Alec Pearce by Joe Flacco in that game, I thought Doug Peterson wanted to disappear into a hole. Like he was on the balls of his feet, his elbows on his knees, like he looked devastated, like I don't know what to do with this team anymore.
Speaker 1: So this is not a good team. But they're still betting the Jags.
Speaker 4: And I'll be honest with you, it's all trend based and model based. There is nothing on the field that makes any professional better look at this and say, oh, yeah, I got to take the Jags. This is where, by the way, your quarterback theory might play out, because best quarterback wins. Yeah, the better quarterback wins. And I don't think there's anyone who will say that Caleb Williams isn't ascendant and that Trevor Lawrence is a little bit flataued or even regressing right now. I think some of the things that the wise Guy's like, if it's anything, it's about the travel. There is a very significant and record of the team that has played in London before performing better because it is so sort of dislocating for both teams that when you've had that experience it plays to your strength.
Speaker 2: So there's I have this belief when there's a line. Most lines are three to three and a half, two and a half, six and a half, seven, seven and a half. But when the line's four and a half to five, what they're telling you is one team is clearly better. And that tells me that green Bay minus five is better than Arizona. So I tend to believe that young quarterbacks Jordan Love still qualifies as that at home are more comfortable. I think Jordan Love isn't totally healthy, but I think he's getting there now. Christian Watson practice this week. I picked green Bay to win the division. Jordan Love's injury slowed that down. I have seen now a half here or a half there where they look really good. I think they put it all together. Arizona is a celebratory young team that awful win could be flat. I don't trust them week to week. I would swallow the points five and take Green Bay Sharper square totally sharp.
Speaker 4: It's the side. The Cardinals are one of those public teams. We just talked about it with the Broncos to watch, Yeah, like they're really fun to watch, and look, they just.
Speaker 1: Had their Super Bowl. Right.
Speaker 4: The Cardinals right now are in second place in their division and the Niners are in third because they're both two and three, and the Cardinals beat the Niners. The challenge with Kyler Murray is there's so much inconsistency. And we liked what we saw Trey McBride, but again, like they won that game because at the end of it, the Niners didn't have a kicker, and so they had to make really unorthodox decisions when they were in the red zone when otherwise they might have been kicking field goals. And if not for a fumble, the Cardinals don't get the ball back and they don't get a chance to drive for the game winning kick. Right, So we have to take some of this cardinal ascendancy with a little bit of a grain assault, and I think I'm seeing the same thing that you are with the Packers. Number one, Matt Lafleur is a genius when it comes to scheming. He is clearly going to be a better coach than Jonathan Gannon is going to be. And I also think the Packers' defense this year, their defensive backfield, especially very opportunistic. Already more interceptions this year through that was before last week than they had all of last year. So while there are still holes in their defense, they're at least getting the turnovers that they hadn't be getting in the past. And to me, I feel like we are three weeks into Jordan Love being back. This is the first game back where he's not going to be facing a really challenging defense at home.
Speaker 1: I e.
Speaker 4: Brian Flores and the Vikings. We saw what they did in the second half when they made the adjustments and were able to come back against the Viking.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. Whyse guys agree with you?
Speaker 2: Packers of the side, So Commanders plus six and a half is my side. Here's why Lamar Jackson eats the NFC, because you can't duplicate esthetically, stylistically what he does in practice, except Washington can they have Lamar Jackson light, so they see Lamar Jackson light in practice every day. I'm also a believer until you prove otherwise. I'm going to believe what my eyes tell me. Washington's really good, way too good to give them six and a half. If they wouldn't have been the league's tire fire for a decade, you'd say this line's ridiculous. If anybody else was playing this well for five weeks, any other team, maybe outside of Carolina, there would be complete buy in. There's utter skepticism. They're good, they have Lamar light. Washington's seen this at practice. I'm taking the point Sharper square.
Speaker 1: So it's square.
Speaker 4: But when you look at the numbers here, the betting tickets are on the Commanders. They are the fly high team that everybody loves right now, there's no doubt about it. But you can see the money is on the Ravens. And when you have a split between tickets and money, tickets represents the public. Money represents the Sharps, right, and these guys have been looking to sell the Commanders, so it's very possible they will continue to be wrong and you are right right. Because they wanted to sell the Commanders last week and they lost. They wanted to sell the Commanders the week before and they lost. They are going to keep doubling, tripling down on selling the Commanders until they're eventually right. Matchup wise, this does play to the Ravens strengths. They are a tremendous running team right now, one of the best in the league, and they are going against a terror terrible run defense, especially in early downs. Now we've said this before the Ravens last year in the AFC title game, if they had just run the ball, they win that game. Instead, they put it in Lamar's hands. So you have to hope that they actually go with the game plan that will give them the best chance to win. Historically, teams that are overachieving like the Commanders, and when I say overachieving meeting they are covering the point spread by about five points per game those teams going forward in every game thereafter until there is enough regression that it evens out cover it about a forty three percent clip. This is what really worries Ravens. Betters okay underdogs this year six plus points, eleven and eight straight up sixteen to two to one against the spread. And this is one of those weeks. We got a few of these games. We got this one. We got the Patriot, we got the Browns, we got the Eagles, we got the Panthers, like and the Falcons like. It's a more big spreads than we've had at any point so far this season. But here is what's really scaring Ravens backers. You could see this game. Ravens are up by thirteen, twelve, eleven, ten, nine, eight, seven, any number like that, and the back door is wide open, and the Ravens pass defense is soft, and Jayden Daniels will not quit.
Speaker 1: This Commander's team will not quit.
Speaker 4: They might not they might know they're not going to win the game, but they might score that back door. So it's a it's going to be a sweat. It is not going to be a oh yeah, it's a blowout. And by the middle of the third quarter, Ravens betters feel like they can, you know, turn on a cooking show.
Speaker 2: Okay. One thing that almost guarantees consistency college or pro football is a really good offensive line. You kind of get the same Detroit team every weekend. People just don't quite realize how good the New York Giants offensive line is. That Seattle game wasn't close. I don't care what the score was. Mike McDonald's team couldn't get them off the field. Danny Dimes doesn't turn the ball over without Molik Neighbors without Singletary, completely controlled the line of scrimmage. They're not as good as Detroit, but Cincinnati can't stop anything. And this very quietly because it's been so bad for so many years. This Giant's O line reminds me of the Giants D line. It controls most of the teams it plays. I'm taking the three and a half points. New York plus three and a half at home. Sharper square, totally sharp.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you chose this one, not because I don't have faith in your ability to be super sharp, because you truly are a maven of the media, a master of content, and a man who understands where the audience is going and what they want to hear. But this just felt like the kind of game you'd want to ignore unless it's a primetime game.
Speaker 1: But you're one hundred percent right. The wise guys are on the Giants.
Speaker 4: Here this line actually it opened at three and a half, and like you can see in the Jews, the vague, the commission, the way the bookmakers start to play with those things.
Speaker 1: Normally the numbers at minus one ten.
Speaker 4: When it starts to go up minus one fifteen, minus one twenty, that's basically them saying to you, all right, it's going to move or the other side plus one fifteen plus one twenty, this number is going to move to three. And that's because the wise guys are buying the hook the half of point for the Giants, because they feel the same way you do. They think this team has been balling out lately. Daniel Jones has been playing much better. Brian Dayball has been calling great game plans the past couple of weeks, and look like, go back, what was it three weeks ago? They're playing the Commanders. They don't score any touchdowns and like that's why they lose that game. I know it's a weird thing to say, oh, look, this team is better than you think, but one ball bounces a different way, and the Commanders aren't even six and a half point underdogs, they're more and no one's saying, oh, the Giants really shouldn't be any more than the Giant. They're saying the Giant should be any more than a field goal against the Bengals at home. So that's that's an interesting pick by you.
Speaker 2: So let's go to the best offensive line in football, Detroit. So this line was at three and a half and I said on the air on FS one, if it comes down to three, I'm taking Detroit. So a couple things. Dallas is the Arizona Cardinals or the Buffalo Bills of the league. I'm not really sure what team I get, just depends on the matchup and the mood I get the same. And that's because Dallas has a very left tackle, revolving door injuries. You don't know what they are with their offensive line. It's matchup based. Detroit's a better team. Detroit is a completely consistent team. Listen, they give up yards they do on the back end. I mean, Gino Smith had thirty eight first downs against them, and that worries me. But Hutchison and the tackle, the left tackle for Dallas, yikes. Yeah, I know it's a road favorite, but at three sharper square, I like Detroit.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not sharp, right, Nobody in their right mind is going to say as a professional better, yes, the right side here is the road favorite and the public side playing in Dallas. But you said something that is so on point, and you talk about quarterbacks and bad quarterbacks and good quarterbacks as being sort of a decision maker for you. For me, more and more, it's becoming about who controls the line of scrimmage because to me, that is the most consistent and dependable way a team can define performance and live up to expectations. Right there's going to be some matchup issue at some point on the edges, or running back may get hurt, a quarterback is having a bad game. But offensive line, defensive line consistency is pretty easy to mark.
Speaker 1: Lions their top five, top two.
Speaker 4: Dominant, not just as an offensive line but as a defensive line. But when you look at their offensive line across the board, like this is why this team is a top five overall offensive team right now. And to me, what's really fascinating is you look at the Jared Goff game.
Speaker 1: He went eighteen for eighteen, but.
Speaker 4: It wasn't Jared Goff going thirty five forty for four hundred yards and four touchdowns working outside of the offense because it was a you know, a shootout. Jared Goff working within the confines of the offense. Ben Johnson calling the great game. Dan Campbell clearly has said, we're not ourselves these first few games. Let's get back to basics. Football is a violent game. We are built to be violent. So to me, every advanced metric that every geek can think of favors the lightns here and every other metric. When you look at the Cowboys and you shake it out, it basically says their defense, especially against the run.
Speaker 1: Is trash. I don't know if the wise guys will be with you. I know I will be.
Speaker 4: We're making an executive decision, Colin. We're going with the lines.
Speaker 2: Okay, the most obvious line of the week. I mean, this is where I feel like this is the squarest of the square lines, and I hate it. Atlanta plays an unbelievable game. Everybody loves Kirk Cousins. It's a standalone game. He throws for over five football fields. And now in a division rivalry game, they go to Carolina, who's pretty good but was humiliated and they have to give up six points. The side is Carolina. It is a corner of a corner TV game, But that to me was the one, like that should be like a three, it's a six. It's the Panther Sharper square.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, it's sharp. You have to and I'm so glad you said it.
Speaker 4: Like I was afraid at the end when you're like, give me the game I missed, or give me the ugly game that I didn't mention, I was afraid I was gonna have to bring this one up because look, I'm so sick of having a bet on the Carolina Panthers and the lines being so wrong and yet then still being the wrong side. The Falcons have three wins this season that have come by a combined nine points, and they probably should have lost all those. In Week two, they had a game winning two minute drive against the Eagles when the Eagles had a ninety seven point six percent win probability with less than two minutes remaining. Week three game winning fifty eight yard field goal after the Saints had an eighty four and a half percent win probability with forty one seconds left. Week five overtime win, Kirk Cousins throws for you know, half a thousand. The Bucks had a ninety three percent win probability. With twenty two seconds left, ninety three percent of the tickets are on the Falcons, a nearly touchdown road favorite. Of course, the Panthers are the side here. Here's why it's super extra scary. The one thing the Panthers have been great at this season top two in run blocking, they are missing two key offensive linemen. And that's really why they got humiliated against the Bears is because all of a sudden, the one thing they were great at that the Bears can't defend is the run, and they couldn't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: And that's also the same here.
Speaker 4: Can they run the ball against a weak rush defense for the Falcons, that's going to be the deciding factor.
Speaker 1: But you still got to pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: Finally, give me a game I missed. It's usually an ugly game because I really hit on the big ones. Is there something I missed? He puts on the glasses, by the way, for our podcast audience, let's get serious.
Speaker 1: This is serious.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna look at my notes because truly, you did hit every game, and I hit.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't touch the Steelers Raiders, I didn't touch the Colts, you know, I haven't bet that. I have not bet the Colts all year. They're getting three on the road Tennessee. I just and the reason I don't do it is I never know if Anthony Richardson can get through a game, So I just I'm not going to touch him.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And look what's interesting about that game, Just as in a side the Colts, the Titans started off as the favorites in that game as minus as a minus point favorites. Then it flipped and all of a sudden, the Titans got as low as.
Speaker 1: Plus one and a half.
Speaker 4: And then when all of a sudden the news came out that Anthony Richardson might be playing, the line flipped back to Tennessee being a two and a half point favorite. Now it's up to three. So that game's a mess. You want to stay away from games where the line is flipping back and forth, back and forth. I don't want to talk about this game, but every Wise guy is on New England right.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's Jmax Pick of the week. He said, no Nico Collins, no Joe Mixon. By the way, they could have easily lost the Buffalo game. They're off a big win.
Speaker 1: It's and it's like they have New England's plus seven at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, New England's plus seven, and actually in a lot of places the line is ticked down to six and a half, which tells you that the wise guys are on New England because the tickets in this game are all on Houston. And look, I think that the Nico Collins factor is important.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 4: Shroud and this offense, they have not been very good on first and second down, and it's putting them in bad spots on third down and fourth down. His security blanket has been Nico Collins, who has been a monster this year, the best receiver in football. Now he's out. The New England defense is not terrible, it's middle of the road. Their offensive line is awful. But I actually think that plays to some of the quarterback change, which is Drake May He's going to be a one read, two read, pull it and run athlete in this game, right, and so it doesn't matter how bad the offensive line is. Some people that say you're throwing this guy to the Wolves kind of doesn't matter. He's going to be out of the pocket, he's going to be running draws whatever, it's going to be this New England team. It's been playing teams tough, so the wise guys are on New England here. I'm sorry, Yeah, I hate doing I have.
Speaker 2: To apologize to the audience for having to listen to the breakdown.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's so.
Speaker 4: I'm upset that I'm going to have to watch this game, like I'm upset that I that it's honestly the game I've bet the most done so far this week.
Speaker 1: And how about this.
Speaker 2: Let me throw you one college game. The college game of the year is Oregon getting about a field goal. It was like four, now it's down to three against Ohio State. I think they could meet in the playoff. I think Eugene they've won thirty four or thirty five at home. Dylan Gabriel's having completing almost eighty percent of his throws. They have their own line, right. I think Ohio State's better, but I think putting kids. I mean, if you go look at Ohio State against top ten teams, they've actually not been very good the last three years. I think I would take Oregon in the points sharper square.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would too.
Speaker 4: I think that the quarterback play for Ohio State is eh. You know, the reason why their receivers keep making so many fantastic catches is because the throwers aren't always that good. And you know, it's interesting. What did Nick Saban say on game day? He's like, you spend twenty million, it doesn't really matter. You got to spend the right twenty million on the right guys. And I think this is the beginning of a gauntlet for Ohio State. They spent that twenty million at probably right before they're about to have the hardest schedule that they have had in years to get to a national championship contending position. I think we all believe they'll make the playoff, but it's no guarantee. You got Oregon, Ohio State Penn State two three four. Like that big ten now is brutal, So I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I like Oregon.
Speaker 2: Chad Milman CCO Action Network. All odds provided by Draft Thanks Buddy.
Speaker 1: Talk to you soon man.
Speaker 4: The volume.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment, rate and review