Speaker 1: Over Promised with Covino and Rich, presented by DraftKings Fantasy Sports. Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with our code over Promise. Because life's more fun when you're in on the action DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Age and eligibility restrictions apply. Voidware prohibited. See DraftKings dot com for details. All right, what's up to all the dads, brads and chads?
Speaker 2: As Taylor Swift would call all of you.
Speaker 1: Oh funny you bring her up because she's kind of in our news. Welcome to over Promised, brought to you by DraftKings Sportsbook. Covino, Steve Cavino, just a kid from Union, New Jersey. Rich Davis, thank you for being here, Covino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio. Again, we don't have time for everything, so this is a pleasure. Now we're going to talk about the Squid Games finale, and I know you're so amped up about signing up.
Speaker 2: There you go again, Squits Games. It's one game. You only guy harping on that. Who cares? There's plenty of games. And I'll tell you what The final game was weak it was okay, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you why I don't want to sign up. I have a better idea. I'll have another chance i'd rather sign up for. It's a great hypothetical. You're not gonna want to miss it. Plus, this dude's picks right here, this guy, I have an unconventional teaser that again, I can't see how it won't hit. So teaser Town, we're coming to you, Ho ho ho in just a little bit. So some bets courtesy of DraftKings. But we brought up Taylor Swift already as she called all the football fans listen. She doesn't know how often she's on camera. She's sorry that she's upsetting all the dads, chads and brads out there. But the Taylor Swift affect is real because Travis Kelcey's Game Warn jersey when she was at the game, Yes, thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's the tailor Swift effect.
Speaker 2: There's no question about it.
Speaker 1: Because previously Kelsey's jersey sold in twenty twenty Game Warn in twenty nineteen AFC Championship for about twenty five hundred bucks. Then was resold after they won the Super Bowl for about ten thousand. But still, I mean that's like we're talking, that's a quadruple value because again, he raised his profile. He's the guy people want a little piece of the action.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: Is sold on Golden auctions for thirty six thousand, nine hundred and five dollars. Basically thirty seven thousand dollars. Now, that's great, that's great, that's wonderful. Kelsey's a big name. But there's rules to memorabilia because people love to criticize memorabilia. They go, oh, man, you got a bunch of grown men's crone men's pictures.
Speaker 2: On the wall. And by the way, game ward is always a little odd to me too.
Speaker 1: It's cool if you're gonna mount it, but you're never gonna wear it, like you should never wear some other dudes jersey.
Speaker 2: That's insituating. Someone would buy it and wear it.
Speaker 1: I mean, some dude with some float mike just because it's a bragging right, you know, you never know a little creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well wearing any other dudes.
Speaker 1: Well, if you get game worn stuff, yeah, I'm cool with the jersey with a little grass stain on it. I'm cool with a helmet or some batting gloves or whatever the case may be. Oh, I want David Wright's helmet, the big bubbles with that big ball bous or like Eli Manning's oversized bulbous helmet.
Speaker 2: I want one of those bad You.
Speaker 1: Know what I think is an odd one When people get a baseball player's cleat or an NBA player sneaker.
Speaker 2: I get it because it might be a sweet Jordan or.
Speaker 1: Some type of you know, exclusive do you do a shoey out of shack sneaker? Imagine like getting shack sneaker. First of all, take up too much space. You know we're gonna put that bad boy on the helet.
Speaker 2: Do you want that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that oversized spaceball's helmet he was wearing. You know you're gonna take a weird, like subconscious sniff of it.
Speaker 2: And what are you doing.
Speaker 1: You're sniffing some grown man's game worn sneaker. Bro Oh, yeah, I smell a little hint of shack.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. You took the words right out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, if you get someone's game worn shoe, there's a part of me, the things that's weird because you're right, there is an instinct to be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, look at the thing jersey. You're gonna sniff a this is a Lebron game worn shoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're smelling Lebron's dirty ass foot.
Speaker 2: Well again, all right, you know it's the first rule.
Speaker 1: Don't sniff it A weird all.
Speaker 2: Right, but here are the rules.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're gonna invest your money in memorabilia, and we love memorabilia. I love it, but we're at a different stage of life, right, You're not hanging posters up with fun tech anymore. They have to be signed. Yeah, you broke when we first met. I know it's different now when I met you, when you were twenty or forty.
Speaker 2: Now, when I first.
Speaker 1: Met you, you had Yankee plaques on your wall, and I'm like, where's the signatures?
Speaker 2: You can't have a plaque or greything on.
Speaker 1: Your wall unless it's it's at a different stage of life. So you already said that. I get it, But yeah, that's a that's a no no in today's world. It has to be so otherwise, why is that even hung up? I have a question for you. Does it need to be a piece of memorabilia? From a team that you admire or root for, because let's just say, out of nowhere, let's say you were lucky enough and someone said, hey, Cavino, here's a Corey Seeger jersey. You don't give a shit about the Rangers or the Dodgers back in the day. So are you displaying that or is it has to be a legend you admire. I'll give you one. I have someone gave me. I want an auction. I went to a charity event. I'm like, yeah'll put a couple of bucks in. Actually won a Carmelo Anthony Knicks jersey signed with the authentic you know, the authenticity certificate. I'm not a Knicks fan, So I feel like I can't hang that can I represents New York? You're from New York. It's kind of cool, and he's a legendary New York Nick. That's case my case. That's on you. What does that player mean to you? But if it's a legend, you're good to go if you like that guy, right, So next rule, you sort of hinted at it before, framed and mounted and displayed properly. You can't have that just hanging up on a hangar and expect anyone to be impressed, especially if you're spending thirty five thousand dollars on something that better be mounted and put somewhere cool for your company to see. Well, sorry to tell you, pretty soon you're about to lose one of your background decoration spot. Give him the one shot a second because behind you hold on.
Speaker 2: Now, ay, oh, you just knocked down my whole display.
Speaker 1: I know, behind Cavino, I don't know why you have it too, Rich, Mike Tyson, Well, guess what now that I redid my garage, big shot, Now that I have the other glove, Now that I readid the garage, I feel like I'm failing by not having this in a case. Big That has to be in a case and displayed. You know, some sort of bulletproof type of plexiglass. I believe that's what they come in. That's what you need to have that displayed in. So again must be signed. But get how empty you look at it. And by the way, I do have the other glove framed, mount and displayed. And again another rule, Rich, when it comes to memorabilia, and memorabilia is great.
Speaker 2: I love it. I do.
Speaker 1: It has to be like we already said of someone of importance to you, right, just because it's signed and it is framed and it's mounted.
Speaker 2: You know, hey, wow, what did he do? Ken Phelps? What do I care about that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, it has to be someone that means something. It doesn't have to be a superstar. It just has to mean something to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't you have assigned Scottie brocious cup?
Speaker 1: I like Scottie Brocious And that's oh a vorable cup.
Speaker 2: Oh Marietta Duncan's jockstrap that's from Yeah, that was from a big game in ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me let me ask you one last question take away take away from sports for a second. What about music? Can you does it? It needs to be like a sign guitar? What's your rule on the music?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: A Spot has some rules on this too. Our producer Spot with his heart hurt shoulder just out of surgery, and I think his rules are it has to be the lead singer or nobody.
Speaker 2: Spot. I'm gonna bend that rule a little bit. It's no if it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna have a band, something signed by a band, it's either signed by the lead singer or it's signed by the band as a whole, like oh Foo Fighters guitar. Yeah, but not Dave Grohl. Right, you don't want like the bassist to have signed something. You want either the whole band or the lead singer. Well, hold on, I'm glad you the band.
Speaker 2: You know what? I agree? All right?
Speaker 1: So you're saying lead singer or all of the band, all of the band, you're gonna have more value. But some bands are full of superstars. You mentioned to food Fighters. If it was Taylor Hawkins, that's a worthy sort of especially now that is no longer here, that's a worthy sort of signature. But we're talking if it's the Beatles, if it's Kiss, if it's some sort of boyd band, Guns and Roses where everybody in that band is a superhero and collectively they form the band, then I think it's fair. You're gonna tell me a slash autograph isn't worth it or it has to be a so like.
Speaker 2: It just depends on the band.
Speaker 1: But I do agree with Spot to some extent, unless that band has other stars in it.
Speaker 4: Like I'm a I'm a Coldplay fan Chris Martiner bus Chris Martner bust, I agree with that one.
Speaker 1: It's like Cavino has that big Match twenty Rob Thomas, Rob Thomas or bus. Cavino has an in sync you know, the puppets from the no streams attached, But he just has the Joey fatone one and I always thought that was fun.
Speaker 2: To you, it's my favorite one.
Speaker 1: I will say, those are the rules of memorabilie you actually reference I got one more rule.
Speaker 2: Well, you said it.
Speaker 1: I mean you say it eloquently, but you said it authenticated. Yeah, you have to have that certificate of authenticity. You have to have it graded by Steiner's Sports. Oh great, you got that card. What's it worth?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Have it graded? If you're that into your memorabilia and you're trying to impress, you have to. You're at that stage where it has to be or else it really doesn't have the value. You think it does one more thing to your game if you got it autographed, or the memorability with that athlete or celebrity present. I think in the display in your office or man cave. I think an accompanying picture with the signed item shows like that's when I met I'm like, like when we met Mike Tyson. I think next to the picture next to the boxing cloth. I think the picture of me, you and Tyson should be next to it. Uh, that's not a bad idea to put that in there. I got one last question for you, though, before we move on again to your picks. Yeah, personalized or not? I always wonder about that. Yes, well you know what for resale value, you don't want to personalize, But I'm not looking to resell it. Saying I think it's cooler to be like Yo to Cavino from Slash two.
Speaker 2: Cavino, You're pal Derek Jeter. That's way cooler to me to my what is thell on? Saying right to my best friend I never met? To my best friend, I never met a Well, let's get out, let's get into our draftking picks of the week. Let's go Yo.
Speaker 1: Sunday's a little tricky, icky, it's a little sticky iky. There's a lot of games that I want to stay away from. So I'm gonna do something I rarely do.
Speaker 2: All game. Some people should Some people say, are you joking?
Speaker 1: Ten point threeteen teaser? This is what many call the ultimate suckers bet, But I sort of think it's a fun one this week, So feel me on this. I we're gonna start with the forty nine ers. They're giving up a lot of points to the Seahawks. I don't really love how many points. In fact, it's like eleven. Some may say, why not take the Seahawks getting twenty one? I like the Niners minus one at home? Right, forty nine Ers minus just need to beat the Seahawks. That's step one of the teasers. Okay, Eagles are playing at Dallas. Hey, they may lose two in a row, but they're three and a half point underdogs. What if you make the Eagles thirteen and a half point underdogs.
Speaker 2: Why they may.
Speaker 1: Lose to Dallas, but the Eagles getting thirteen and a half you think they're gonna get have blown out two weeks in a row.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: So Eagles plus thirteen and a half, the Niners just winning over the Seahawks, and I think Baltimore wins the game, but they're seven and a half point favorites over the Rams. I love that half point Rams plus seventeen and a half. You might say, Rich, what the hell are you fiddling with a three team ten point teaser now? But I sort of like it. I sort of like Niners just beating the Seahawks. Who are you, Charlie Daniels, You're fiddling the Rams getting a shit ton of points from the Ravens, and the Eagles keeping it close with the Cowboys. They're still the Eagles, right, So I like that. Some say sucker bet. I say you have the sucker DraftKings three team teaser, lock it, load it, Las go les go all.
Speaker 2: I know like it.
Speaker 1: I had a three team money line parlay. Now again, these are closer games. We're getting to the thick of things end of the NFL season. We're in the final stretch, my dudes, my guys. So, Lions are playing at the Bears. The Bears are sort of trash, they have a little life here and there. But the Lions they want to stay active for that one or two seed. Right, So Lions money line over the Bears. Do we like the Lions just beating the Bears?
Speaker 2: I say absolutely. I say absolutely absolutely. By the way, I should be mounted and signed and signed.
Speaker 1: Uh Lions money line Texans at the Jets, listen. I love the storyline of the return of the Oh Wait, Zach Wilson. I don't think anything's gonna happen. So let's go Texans. You I know you are a big C. J. Stroud guy, as am I fun to watch Texans just beating the Jets. Yeah, carry money Yeah. And Panthers at Saints. I think the Saints are trash, but you know who's even more trash? The Panthers. You could say coaching change may help, I don't. I think the Panthers are gonna go like one in sixteen two and fifteen. So I like the Lions, Tigers and Bears. Oh my, I like the Lions, Texans and Saints. Lions, Texans, Saints three team money line. It pays two thirty twos. One hundred pays two thirty two. Listen, Zach Wilson. Beating the Texans is the only fun storyline there that I think ISoP well. But I still think the Texans are just a way better team. So Texans, Lions, Saints, lock and load. DraftKings Sportsbook. Now, can you believe we're that deep into the NFL season? We got to make every second count. With Draftking Sportsbook, you can make the most of every game. On game day, bet on your favorite teams for a shot at winning big bucks. New customers could score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting five on any matchup. So get in on the action with DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the app now use code over promised. New customers could score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five bucks on the NFL only at Draftking Sportsbook with code over promised.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called what eight hundred gambler in New York call I eight seven to seven eight open wire techs op and Y for six seven three six nine at West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot nett. Please play responsibly in connect could help us available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of the boothill casino in resorting Kansas. Must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but h vraies jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com slash sportsbook for details and state specific responsible gambly resources. Eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. In terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash football terms.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. Can't wait for this football action on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Wait, casball, Let's go. Welcome back to Covino and Rich over promise. All your feedback at Covino and rich at Fox Sports Radio hashtag over Promise. Brought to you by DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what the rules are on reality game shows, but there was a big finale this week for a squid Game, the Squid Game finale.
Speaker 2: But the prize is the star. The price four point five Robby Paper Scissors shoot. That was the final game. Dock Paper says yeah to win four and a half million dollars.
Speaker 1: It was what four hundred and fifty something contestants, four fifty six, four hundred fifty six contestants. It was based on the very popular show on Netflix, and all these people from all over the place competed and it was traumatizing.
Speaker 2: There was tears ever what it was crying, Fierce.
Speaker 1: Battles going on, and it came down to rock paper scissors, Give me a break.
Speaker 2: Lackluster finales all that show.
Speaker 1: My wife and I were like, I think everyone in the show cries a lot, and I don't think any of the dudes like women. I mean, it was it was obvious so squid Game, the challenge was a lot of fun. And the finale, again, you don't know when you could give something away.
Speaker 2: The finale was last night. So can I say who won? I don't think yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, say, but someone won four point five million dollars so I was glued in to see that.
Speaker 2: But it was weak. It was really weak.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the show, there was a hey, if you want to sign up for the next season, it's quick, and Danny g Our Fox sports radio producer hit us up like, hey, you guys, your son, you guys would be great on that. And I was like, yeah, I don't know, because you know what happens. I guarantee you give me a few more days. They're gonna try to dig up some on this winner because that's the society we live. And you think I want to sign up to be on a stupid show where they build me up just to take it to tear me down on social media?
Speaker 2: You kidding me? No? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Well, spot go to that website again, that's the application. What's the website?
Speaker 4: Hid squid gamecasting dot com? And you guys your son us casting and listen. It just seems like a big pain in the ass to go through this whole application.
Speaker 2: How will you go?
Speaker 1: However, I gotta ask you for real, when in your life will you ever get a one and four hundred and fifty six chance to win almost five million dollars. That's the only reason why I'm like, huh, you know, I feel like I'm doing all right in life, but you know, it'd be nice four million dollars. And if you play the Mega Millions or Powerball, which I don't do, they expect you to cry on this show because I can't do that.
Speaker 2: It's my family like that. But what I'm saying, can you know is that in life it's just so hard. I need to build an lions Dude.
Speaker 1: If you if you make it pass like the first round or so, you really do have like a one and a hundred or so person chance to win four and a half million dollars.
Speaker 2: The odds are so.
Speaker 1: Stacked in your favor that I'm almost tempted to be like, for shits and giggles, let me apply, And then I'm like, can I take like weeks off of work to do the stupid show?
Speaker 2: But if you won five million dollars, I don't know. Look.
Speaker 1: But then again, like I said, you have to be organized, and you have to cry, and you have to build alliances, and you have to play this game, and everyone on social media makes fun of you, right, and then they're gonna tear you down, and your ex girlfriends are gonna come out and talk smack about you and write a book about you.
Speaker 2: You know, it's gonna be a nightmare. Who knows what happens? Oh boy? So would you sign up for squid Game, Squid Game.
Speaker 1: The Squid Game Challenge right season two? Or would you rather take this hypothetical that I'm calling the Bowling Challenge? Do you know the bowling Challenge? I do know the Bowling Challenge. I feel like I feel like these guys are onto something. Man, this is a tough one spot. If you want to play the clip of this dude on TikTok and Instagram, he put a bowling challenge out there, and I'll tell you what it's so similar to I remember like a year ago or so, you and I talked about would you go to jail for a year or would you go to jail until you could figure out.
Speaker 2: A Rubik's cube?
Speaker 1: And I remember being like, oh shit, I don't know because I'm not confident that I'm not confident in figuring out the Rubik's cube all through the eighties, never forget it out. So I'm like, uh, I think I might take the one year sentence. I don't think spot. Do you think you could figure out a Rubik's cube.
Speaker 2: In a year and a year?
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess if he did it just luckily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there's a formula to it once you get the rhythm like turning.
Speaker 1: I know this like like nerdy little kids that could do it in like five seconds. But I'm not a nerdy little kid. But play the bowling challenge and let me know what you think of this, this bowling challenge, because this is a good one. This dude's got a good.
Speaker 3: One perfect game for one hundred million dollars or just be given a million dollars one month, hundred million. Really you got to get thirteen strikes in a row.
Speaker 2: I'm bowling, man, I'm.
Speaker 3: Bowling too, because it's one hundred min that numbers too. Bit, we're probably disrespecting bowlers. We're probably both not bowling the perfect game in this month, but I'm still bowling. Would you rather have one month a perfect game for one hundred million dollars?
Speaker 1: Here's the boning challenge hypothetical. Either are given a million dollars or you take one month and in that one month you have to bowl a perfect game for ten or was it one hundred million dollars?
Speaker 2: Ten hundred million?
Speaker 1: So you're not gonna take the month to both thirteen strikes in.
Speaker 2: A row for one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think this depends on the belief in yourself, right, like a you're a terrible athlete and terrible bowler. Yeah, you take that million dollars. But if you think you know what, I think I could do this, I'm pretty decent.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. I'm like, Pete Weber, who do you think you are?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. I'd like to think I'm an athlete. I like to think I'm a gamer darts, pool, ping pong, softball, pick up basketball. I feel like I'm a pretty gamy athletic guy.
Speaker 2: Skip it. Wear you a championship, was a pogo ball champion.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, if my sister skip it, shit, that was my that was my thing. No, but I look at it this way. In my life, I consider myself a decent amateur bowler. If I go out with a group of friends, my wife, a double day, we're with a few other couples, I'm happy bowling a one seventy five, one eight, I'll likely bowl won forty one sixty, one eighty one seventy. I've bowled the two hundred maybe three times in my life. You think in a month, all of a sudden, I'm two hundred er. I both the three. I bowled a two hundred or higher three times in my life. But so you would take the But again, you have a month. Figure it out, len insight into your groove a little bit in insult. My daddy's to say, rich thumb to nose man thumb, to put the spin.
Speaker 2: On the ball. And I bet your steeve.
Speaker 1: Now, if you had a month, you know what you would do. You'd be bowling from six am until midnight every day.
Speaker 2: Blisters would take you down.
Speaker 1: And no, but I bet you you'd end up bowling too twenties to thirties, but thirteen strikes in a row. I look at it, It's not impossible. You don't need to be Norm Duke to bowl a three hundred. Okay, my buddy Barnando, who I grew up bowling with, he has like five three hundred.
Speaker 2: Games under his belt.
Speaker 1: There was a time where I competed with Barry, but I know Barry all Berry did in his twenties with smoke weed and bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't give him me. Don't you have Barry.
Speaker 1: I think I'm taking my chances on one hundred million. I'd rather do this than squid game. I promise you that I'll be on TV with all these idiots. I'd rather take the bowling challenge, and I would say, you know what, you hold that million, give me a month. I'll bowl three hundred. It's for one hundred million?
Speaker 2: Is how are you?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 2: What do you think you are? You're never gonna be him? So over promised Nation, Fox Sports Radio Nation. What would you do? Yeah, hit us up at covid on Rich.
Speaker 1: Would you take the million for nothing or have a month to bowl a three hundred for one hundred million dollars?
Speaker 2: Your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Draftking Sportsbook, Over Promised, Get those picks in. Let's have a lot of fun. We'll see you guys next time. Have a great weekend. Read it there you baby, See you in the over Promised land.
Speaker 2: Ah,