Speaker 1: Hanging with the fans betting on the game. No moment's gonna tell us not be We're here.
Speaker 2: Just drinking beer. Make a nao, baby, I'm hanging with.
Speaker 1: The filers, Blessing with the boys.
Speaker 3: Broa.
Speaker 2: There it is, Lady Joe.
Speaker 4: Welcome to episode two hundred and fifty seven. It is January second, twenty twenty four. I hope you had an absolute incredible Christmas Honukah New Year's holiday season. We'll just call it congratulations the University of Michigan Wolverines for punching their ticket to the national championship along with the Washington Huskies. Let's let's talk about our presenting sponsor for a little bit.
Speaker 5: That Yep, all right, mice waiting, wait to chime me in, Mice, good job, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. That's big of you, guys.
Speaker 5: Ideal congratulations, thanks man, Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about a family with unstoppable grit and they are the official partners of Busting with the Boys family, and that is the Chevy Silverado ZR two family. The first ever Silverado Heavy Duty zero two joins the franchise to make Chevy ZR two the only truck brand where a full line of trucks ready for wherever your off road adventure takes you. With the exclusive multimat DSS BE Dampers, rug and mudterrain tires and up to fourteen available camera views. The Chevy Silverado ZR two and Silverado HDZR two a family with commanding and unsoppable grit. Head over to Chevy dot com and check out Chevy Silverado and the family of Chevy ZR twos, the official trucks of busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Who's got it better than the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 4: Body very much like the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: Dudelet's give a tip of the cap to the.
Speaker 4: Boy that is literally exceeding most touchdowns in Michigan history, rushing rushing touchdowns in Michigan history. In that game, in that moment he was down. I think he scored fourteen touchdowns this year. Like it was like, hey, he's off in the distance, we'll see what happens. But the guy truly after an ACL all that stuff, it was, Dude, it was so it was so fucking great to see.
Speaker 2: It really was.
Speaker 4: You gotta bleep the F word, But dude, I hated yesterday until the end.
Speaker 2: I hated it.
Speaker 4: Literally, woke up, got excited, went to the Chandler's house for New Year's and we're kind of talking this girl to Nay, she played softball at Alabama, and we're kind of chirping back and forth a little bit. I showed the little videos I was gonna post. I told her about the whole situation we talked about before about you guys ploting against people. Really it was just Garrett plotting against me, and so I thought, hey, it's me against the world of the bus essentially, which it kind of has been this whole entire year. Then I wake up in the morning, hit my little routine, hit my little work, and right around one pm, I'm nervous, nervous to the point where, man, what if they just get blown out again? What if this just happens again? What if all of the things that everybody said the men in this bus happens.
Speaker 2: And it was an incredible game.
Speaker 5: You have, Like when that first play happened in JJ trying to throw out a bounce and he just throws it to the Alabama defender. I just start laughing out loud, like, oh my god, this could be so bad.
Speaker 2: It could be so bad.
Speaker 5: Fortunately, uh you know they it wasn't a turnover right there to start.
Speaker 2: I mean, in my it's just there was a turnover just like three minutes later.
Speaker 5: I'm sure every Michigan was by sitting there when he threw that pick, like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, everybody. You just felt it was so tight. Everyone felt so tight and everything. And then I see the defense get pressure. They did like I think they sacked them like defense played out standing line a line which is crazy because you get a guy like Milroe, who is just a freak athlete, having those contained rushes running those inside games during pass plays. They had an incredible game plan, and I was very impressed with the back end of defense, the defense too, the way they're able to run with those.
Speaker 2: Athletes, because that is the fear of how found true.
Speaker 5: But I was I didn't understand, and I owe I owe the Michigan defense and apology. I didn't realize their game was like that. I'm looking at the back seven and they are they are some goons.
Speaker 4: Bro oh yeah, Will Johnson. And then I always forget the other kid's name, but he's number zero. They're both insane, thank you very much. And then that that more kid, the safety like all of them in the back end, that Colston kid, Brentwood, Brentwick Kidd Nashville, Tennessee. Like they just have dogs and dude, one of the most impressive people on that team is number seventy eighth, their d lineman, that their nose tackle. He is a unit kids like three point fifty. But you see him every time he's in. They revolve guys around so much. He's sprinting to the ball where he hawked that dude down against Penn State. Just amazing, but very uncharacteristic of Michigan. The way they had as many like miscues as they did.
Speaker 2: The special teams was what was killing y'all?
Speaker 5: Killing us, dude, because you guys like, uh, like Jim coach Moore, is it Coach Moore? Their offensive staff who put together that game plan, like they were doing a great job, like with all the shifts, with the motions after the shift, like messing with their eyes because you have to do you have to do a good job of adjusting like defensively.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: But I thought that Michigan just had a great game plan to kind of go along. Like of course I was. I was like rooting for Alabama. Then by the end of it, you're like, fuck man, Like they are playing a solid game and special teams almost killed you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like then that cat.
Speaker 5: At the end of the game trying to field the ball and then backed up on like the.
Speaker 4: Inch yard line and then you're thinking, you gotta do it. You can't even take a knee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he what if we lost on a safety?
Speaker 4: But the thing, yeah, so you I think you're right, Like strategically, the game plan, everything, like Michigan had the better game plan. They were executing better, especially in the first half. The special team's plays like muffing that punt on the in the first quarter when you're getting the ball back for your second then you just spat Alabama seven right there? Then do you go through the game and this is what I love. I'll actually get to what I love about what Michigan did in these situations. But at the end of the game, you're going in, you have one drive to go and win it, forty five seconds left on the clock, and you put this white boy out here. No disrespect to him, but like that's the first punt I've seen him, I've seen him catch the entire game.
Speaker 2: Muffing the punts.
Speaker 4: It was one muff and the other kid. There was a couple more punts. This kid caught it just fine, and he goes be he goes inside the ten. He was inside of ten, backed up near this seventh. Like, that's just the awareness game where you're like, bro, just let it go and if they down it, that's fine, but you like that could have been essentially twenty fifteen Michigan State.
Speaker 5: Every special teams meeting in the country is if you're fielding a punt inside the ten, especially if you're backing up to go get it, you let it go.
Speaker 4: Let that thing go, ye, let it go. This is what I really liked about Michigan and the trust they have in their players. The first series of Michigan happens the almost pick, They end up going three and out, and then the defense gets the ball back.
Speaker 2: The whole punt thing happens.
Speaker 4: Eventually Michigan's obviously back on the field instead of just going all right, JJ.
Speaker 2: Almost threw a pick when he was.
Speaker 5: Throwing the ball away, We're gonna run it, and they it was seven nothing to like, yeah, seven nothing.
Speaker 4: Immediately goes and gets the ball out of JJ's head for an easy completion, getting his confidence back up. This eighty two kid when he muffs the punt he had to play down the field, gets them ten to eleven yards and like one series later, like they're going back to these guys and not just keeping them cold and then eventually like relying on them later in the game, which I thought was great. Roman Wilson the fourth quarter on fourth and three, Blake Korm, like you said, with the most and everything going from that trip to that bunch trips and then flipping the back. He did a great job of getting out and has an X play twenty twenty five yards. Roman Wilson has an abysmal block in the back, a like senior wide receiver does everything right, has the block in the back where you're just like, oh my god, they're literally trying to fucking ruin it. They're trying to ruin it because I don't know about you guys, but when that last drive, I'm thinking they're gonna eat up all the clock and in my world score and in that situation, based on how the second half has gone, you go for two.
Speaker 2: In that situation, in my head, they might go for two as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but fuck it with one one thirty eight left in the game. Alabama's got timeouts. I think it was the right move to hit the extra point. But if you were to get down where it's like ten seconds, where play hey boys, let's just win it here, balls.
Speaker 2: In our hands. They obviously made the right choice.
Speaker 4: But I love the fact that they went back to dudes that were making that made a couple of mistakes, and that shit was cool. I also love the referees laying the boys play. I thought the punter, I thought the punter getting kicked hit that was a flag. I thought JJ on that that, like JP said, that legacy catch when he got hit, that could have been a penalty. That last drive, JJ runs it, he's on the Alabama sideline, gets thrown to the ground outside the white paint. That's a penalty. But they let it ride, and they were calling it evenly, so that is I did. I did appreciate that. But and I told you this earlier because I'm it was a great game. You've had a lot of success in your fandom. That game, if Michigan doesn't make the uncharacteristic mistakes, is a double digit win for Michigan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's the We're just playing the hypothetical game at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, is this is this podcast just been me talking the whole time?
Speaker 5: Or no, I want to jump away with Hey, Gary, how'd you feel about the game?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, obviously disappointing.
Speaker 7: It's you know, Taylor's right, that was the worst feeling of anxiety the entire day leading up one o'clock hit and I'm pacing around like what do I do? Like this sucks closer it gets your nerves head in and you're like, holy crap, here we go. First play pick, I'm like, oh, it's a rap. It's a rap. Second play I don't even remember what happens, but JJ converts a third down on that first drive where he throws a laser on the sideline. They review it, guys toes in. I'm like, oh fuck, Like we gotta finish plays. Obviously we get the ball back. Jase breaks one touchdown. I feel a little better, and then the game kind of steals after Michigan immediately drives down its course because I was like, oh shit, here we go, like they're gonna move the ball. And so the whole back and forth or forever was extremely stressful.
Speaker 2: Airs were all over the field for both sides.
Speaker 5: Who do you put the game on? Who were you most disappointed or what were you most disappointed in.
Speaker 2: Our game plan? For sure?
Speaker 7: The game plan on offense, I think think was immediately set back because of Michigan's game plan on defense. They came with pressure immediately to start the game, and that's how you get Milroe off his game. You can't give them time because the longer he extends plays, it's where he beats you. And there was no extending plays. I think play calling was interesting. When we had success running the ball, we'd get inside the thirty and start throwing screens. We even had success doing that all year. I think, you know, there's big mistakes and big moments that back you up to where you have to settle for three. They could have put the game away hopefully.
Speaker 2: You know, it was tough.
Speaker 7: I think there's like four plays that Michigan had that were perfect on third and that fourth down conversion. I mean it was just you got beat kind of thing. Because the game was called so fair. There is no like if and butts. You know, it's just kind of didn't execute. For sure, How I think the month off hurt us more than it helped or I think the month off hurt us and it helped Michigan.
Speaker 5: How sick are you that it was Michigan and knowing you're coming into work next day with the boy.
Speaker 2: It sucks for sure, I'm not gonna lie. It sucks.
Speaker 7: I think because of how the game went, it makes it a little.
Speaker 2: Bit better in a weird way.
Speaker 7: It could have been, like Taylor said, like, it definitely could have been way worse. I mean, we only had two touchdowns and they were running the ball, and then somehow we don't run the ball the rest of the game. Yeah, it blows, but you get beat and it happens. So now Michigan's just got to go finish the job.
Speaker 4: I think it was interesting how Nick Saban, like, if you give it five sacks in the first half, after the third sack the kids running for his life. I just don't understand why a coach arguably the best college football coach of all time right doesn't make a change there from a protection standpoint, getting another guy in there in protection, getting a tight end, keeping the back end more and just making a little more simple for mill Row, like give him some easy throws to complete either they were either trying to take shots or run.
Speaker 2: And then the third quarter like it opens back up.
Speaker 4: Michigan has done an amazing job in the third quarter of outscoring their opponents. There's a crazy statistic on that. But they ran the ball well and then they would go to throat and complete pass well. Then they get another chunk play for ten eleven yards and it's like you can see the key to the the Pats to success for Alabama was just running the ball until they said stop. Yep, that's that's I think that's just where it was, like third.
Speaker 2: And longs like that, and there you guys are just running the ball on third and long.
Speaker 7: Like second and long and third long. Happened too much for Alabama on offense and yeah, like if you're who's the who's the OC Tommy Reese.
Speaker 5: Tommy Reese sabing, like you know, you just gotta be disappointed because they're talking about it coming out of halftime.
Speaker 2: But the old line was just missing on some of these uh on some of.
Speaker 5: These blitzers or just getting beat because uh Milroe is not a cat, Like I don't mind him taking shots. But then there's sometimes where they might have a guy open and he's not even able to get the ball because somebody's in his face. I can't read back, gets across the face, late tackle, kind of doesn't know what to do. He gets smacked like there were so many like third and longstor with him.
Speaker 7: There weren't a lot of opportunity for him to make a second read because he had to get it out.
Speaker 5: That's where I think Milroe he wasn't hitting everything like he That's that's what hurt. He's not like an accurate well.
Speaker 2: There was no flow to the offense.
Speaker 7: Every play was starting from scratch, it felt like, And that's why I think that Michigan game play in the first half with bringing heat early, don't let him get comfortable kind of thing. I think going into half, we yeah, are lucky that it's only a three point game. I thought Michigan going in at half being excited to have the lead and us being pissed off was really gonna work in our favorite in the second half.
Speaker 2: And it almost.
Speaker 5: Controlling the second half for the most part. There's just no points getting put on the board. It's like Michigan felt dominated the first half, but it was only thirteen to ten.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 7: That's what made me feel good because it wasn't a great ball and it was only a three point game. And then yeah, when we score or when we kick three to go or no, when we score, you go seventeen to ten. I was like, all right, here we go. Now the defense just gotta play defense. But great game playing on offense too. The pre snap shit is like, you know.
Speaker 2: The pre snap motions and shifts were next level.
Speaker 7: Well, the bunch, I mean, the first touchdown for Blake Korum is the best I told you this earlier is the best play Goff ever seen out of Why everyone doesn't do this? You have three wide receivers run basically the same route on different levels. It builds a wall for whoever's guarding the running back to fight through.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the first touchdown, Yeah.
Speaker 7: And you gotta somehow you got a match speed with Blake. It's like that's a touchdown. He didn't get touched.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if the backers have better eyes the other backer, well that's where that's where thirty two was pointing right right when he goes across right away, like hey you you but he got his eyes to the bunch.
Speaker 2: Second half adjustment.
Speaker 7: They Fama reacted quicker to that stuff, prestat, I think, and that's what helped kind of slow that down a little bit. But then as the game went on that that fourth and two, that was my least favorite situation of the entire game.
Speaker 2: When we got the stop.
Speaker 7: On third down, was like, all right, four downs even worse than third town, Like this sucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you brought up a good point to in the beginning, like I didn't know. I looked up JJ stats after the game and two thirty three touchdowns, sixty six percent completion. Yeah, that in because I was watching the game and they were playing these big replays, and I told you it was like the third quarter, we're backed up inside the ten and there's a tight end. He goes and he just has like a little hitch and he's blanketed by the linebacker. Goes as a linebacker and it's obvious like he's it was broken up immediately. Well on the far side of the field with the one receiver he had separation from you to me where you put it right there, that's an ex play getting you, getting you towards midfield. And there just seemed like there were some plays here and there, You're like, yo, what is going on? There was a there was a deeper play where receiver had great separation, came back to the ball, but the ball was just a little too high overthrown a little too high, but incredibly impressive, the poise, incredibly impressedive the poison.
Speaker 2: Be able to fight and fight through that.
Speaker 4: That play right there with Roman Wilson at the end of the game, like with like two minutes left, got tipped. That was a pick, dude, that was a pick and it was just for him to go up and get that. And that is right after right after he had the block in the back call yeah, which I think is just makes it better. This is the best part about Michigan when I watched I didn't watch all of Texas in Washington, but when mistakes were happening on Alabama or Texas or Washington, you could see like safety's like there was one where one guy slipped out towards the Michigan sideline and they didn't do a good job of exchanging it. The safety starts to go back and even before the play's over, he's already putting his hands up and then running to it.
Speaker 2: When plays were happening.
Speaker 4: I didn't see one time like a palms up type of bad body and language thing.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of to me.
Speaker 5: That's just that's just cool culture. That's a cool culture deal.
Speaker 4: And it just fired me up, bro, Like this shit just fired me out that they're legit good because we all had doubts, Like, I mean, you guys obviously all picked Alabama, like even going into I mean going into the game, I'm having doubts. I'm like, man, what if you see Big Ten just getting smopped all over the floor Penn State, Ohio State, Iowa shout out jack and there and their big win, Like you just think, man, we are Maybe we're just a bad, bad conference.
Speaker 2: Which I would now argue that conference.
Speaker 5: Well, I think if Ohio State has all their has their quarterback, has their wide receivers play, if Penn State has any of their guys play like, it's a different ball game.
Speaker 2: It's a different ballgame. Now.
Speaker 4: Do I think the Bay ten should take credit for Michigan? No, I think the Bag ten doesn't deserve to take credit for Michigan. They tried everything they could to ruin Michigan, So the Big Ten doesn't deserve Michigan. The Big Ten, in my opinion, is over and bowl games except for Maryland. Maryland is the best team in the Big Ten right now.
Speaker 2: Minnesota won their bowl game. Minnesota is in a BOL game. Who they play.
Speaker 5: Bowling Green?
Speaker 2: Maybe no, at the ball club out there, Bowling Green, Bowling.
Speaker 4: Green gave Michigan fits.
Speaker 5: Let's see what here, Northwestern over Utah. Okay, it's a big it's a wild win. Minnesota for bowling Green, Rutgers over Miami.
Speaker 2: What now? How many all right.
Speaker 5: At Big ten West took care of business at Big ten West?
Speaker 2: How many Big ten matchups? What was the outcome al the bate ten SEC matchups?
Speaker 6: Whole Miss beats Penn State, Auburn beats I mean sorry, Maryland beats Auburn, LSU beats Wisconsin, Tennessee beats Iowa, and then obviously Michigan beats two and three.
Speaker 2: This would be yeah, into one game up, yeah, man, I mean yeah, the Big Ten.
Speaker 4: Just I I just can't believe that they tried to do that in the middle of the season. That's crazy. What to spend harball, no due process, the whole thing. And now we're saying that Ohio State's packing into catapults and all that.
Speaker 2: Yes, zero integrity out in your guys's division.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were about to be independent. I hope we're independent. I think that'd be a crazy, a crazy switch up.
Speaker 5: But I mean many people were trying to take you guys down because y'all cheated for several weeks.
Speaker 4: Shout out the kids, dude, Shout out the University of Michigan players. When everybody's when everybody's talking shit, everybody's like the mainstream media and will Comfon are all saying that there are a bunch of cheaters and to go and still take care of business with all the university with that's your head coach in the field and your biggest games. That that says so much about the culture. Absolutely, that is insane. To not like waiver or get distracted like that is very very rare to see a team stick together like that, and that is just cool.
Speaker 2: That's a national title team.
Speaker 4: They just seem like they just seem like a team that like literally, I feel like they all go to the bar together when.
Speaker 5: When I was known, they're probably like, hey, we got one left, we ain't going.
Speaker 2: To the bar together. I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that, like the twenty twelve Michigan. No, they are not them boys. Let's go to yeah, win and lose. We were still boozing and it was mostly losing.
Speaker 7: It was tough out There are the uh the two white guys on the D line for Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Graham and that McGregor's can we.
Speaker 7: Get those guys on the all white team?
Speaker 2: Salty cat.
Speaker 5: R D line is set? Well we need depth, yeah, yeah, we got depth like the line. Well, we could use use of guys on the inside.
Speaker 4: You know that uh, that seventeen kid was the one that was messing with us at springball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's the one who jumped in the fucking bush. He was a crazy, crazy mother. I was fired up when he had that sack like the opening drive because I want to say Bama might have scored them, but uh had already scored them. But I thought they came out. They came out like putting it to that offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did not see that coming because they really didn't have that type of like the success against offensive lines in the Big Ten. I thought, man, it's gonna be tough to get pressure. There's some big boys over there.
Speaker 5: At the Crimson time, there they are average, bigger than every NFL offensive line. Yeah, he said on the broadcast, how slow are you if you're that big?
Speaker 2: How you feel about the National title against Washington? I feel nervous, I do.
Speaker 4: It's crazy to me that Washington is one of those teams too that have played in so many games being underdogs and they just continue to win.
Speaker 2: It's just they win.
Speaker 4: It's nuts, bro. The point underdogs again against Michigan. There are four point underdogs against Texas. They are underdogs against Oregon twice.
Speaker 2: Like, he's just crazy. I think they're underdogs against USC and maybe even Utah at one point, Oregon State.
Speaker 5: Like, dude, that Pennix kid, they just do survive that the Oregon State game. But yeah, yeah, yeah, the the entire year.
Speaker 4: Winning, they just they're they're not only surviving, they're thriving. And so that kid watching that first half against Texas, because I thought Texas was gonna run away with it. I thought Texas was gonna win. It was gonna be Texas and Michigan.
Speaker 2: But watching Pennix where he was putting the ball when there was when there was pressure, him just kind of moving to the side and handling his pocket presence and ripping it running when he had to run it like just very elite football. Elite football.
Speaker 7: When I was watching their offense, was like, why couldn't we just operate on offens?
Speaker 2: Like if they could score.
Speaker 5: Any moment, Oh, no, doubt have that.
Speaker 2: That game comes down to the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Sucked that that last play had to be that play call. That's how that's how much you like for which one?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah, that was way yeah.
Speaker 4: And he didn't even like get crazy celebrate, like start running the field at first.
Speaker 2: He's just like, do you fucking try that on me? Yeah? Like it out of that ball. Imagine if you missed. That was wild. But Washington, dude, their operation towards the end the game was terrible.
Speaker 4: I was watching a little bit, like the last few minutes of the game, they get their running back hurt and they should have just took a knee. Would have been twelve seconds on the clock, twenty seconds in clock, whatever it was. They decided to run it and they get stopped. Then the running backs injured, so the the clack has to stop and they almost lost.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, they they better strap up for the Michigan running game.
Speaker 2: They're I mean, it's a totally it's a totally different game play Alabama.
Speaker 5: The just because Bama Michigan was just like a fun matchup to watch, like built similar physical teams.
Speaker 2: Going back and forth.
Speaker 5: Like it felt like the Texas Washington game was a lot more like Washington's more finesse than everything else.
Speaker 2: So it'd be cool to kind of Washington Michigan game could be like a shootout.
Speaker 5: It could maybe be similar. Maybe shoot out. You got to give the edge to Washington.
Speaker 4: If it turns into a shootout, you would assume edge Washington because of the way they're able to put the ball where they are Michigan. The way Michigan wins is on the ground, taking their shots when they need them and.
Speaker 2: Playing incredible defense.
Speaker 4: Cause to think you're going to get the pressure on Pennix the way you did Alabama, it's they They have the Joe Moore Award winning offensive line. Like their offense line is well put together, their tackles are well put together. They do a great job of communication. They handle the games that Texas is throwing at them. So I don't know, this would be more a question for you. I don't know if it's like, hey, you keep a similar game plan of like hey we're rushing five, we're bringing a fifth guy every time, or you're putting four and hoping your games kind of work out and then get guys in the backhand to cover up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't like if you're like Michigan. To me, they just did a good job kind of being like, hey, we're gonna apply pressure, like when you feel like it's situational. Uh, Penix is a lot better than Milrow. Milrow, you know you can plus as long as you get it, as long as you get in his face and get pressure on him. Penix, you might have to have more guys in coverage and let your you let your four go hunt because the four that's going on hunt now, like they're they're they're good ballplayers, good ball players, and they have a great rotation keeping guys fresh. Yeah, and it's not like anybody gets real stagnant. Like you see pressure coming up the middle, you see pressure coming from inside, outside, all of it. So I think they're gonna have to do a good job of getting home with four to keep as many as they can and coverage.
Speaker 2: I agree, because if not Penix Ol, I think they play he'll be played a zone.
Speaker 7: I mean, maybe I'm wrong they played zone in the back end and then let guys go eat. I don't know if you can do the zone against Pinnix because those receivers will sit down with him getting rid of it that fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it'll be it'll just be a lot different.
Speaker 5: Like the game plan is going to be so much different, like you saw with Alabama, Like they sent so much pressure to the side of the back, like you you can dictate pressure going to the tight end, to the open side, to the back, away from the back, to the passing strength to the weak side. Like with the Michigan they're doing a lot of it to the backside, just because all that zone regame. That's why, that's why there are so many negative plays Like Melroe if he keeps said he's getting hit because you got to you got somebody coming off the edge where he doesn't do a good job of getting it out to the perimeter once he sees that edge rusher coming, you know what I mean. Like, if you have that, if you have like that, if you have like that run pass option to where it's zone reading, you're reading the end, but you're also have the option to throw it out wide. The minute you see that edge guy coming off the edge, you would hit that receiver. He would slow a couple of times getting it out like one uh not. The number three got rocked one play because he got it out to him late off that cat blitz random and that was a great play by the defense too. Yeah, absolutely breaking down. Yeah, they had really good And that's another thing too. The back end of Michigan did a great job open field tackling like there'd be white except for that first one where they wanted to nuts. But you know, you get back any you could easily fall into the tank there. But they did a good job like making plays in the open field against like guys that are on Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that was a crazy move. The only better move I've seen was the LSU Florida game that kid blew his knee out. We saw that that move was nuts and then it ended up you know, happened the way it happened.
Speaker 2: But my god, the feel better. You feel better about Washington then than Bama.
Speaker 5: You have to write, Yeah, I gotta feel like a massive monkeys off your back because you beat se Bama squad. You couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs. You finally get out of the first round of the playoffs again spam in the SEC. So I feel like you're kind of playing with house money. You want the Natty, you want the Natty.
Speaker 4: To me, this based on all the allegations, everything you just said, everything correct. Like I I do feel like this massive cyber relief being able to walk in here and essentially just be like you got I mean, you guys all did bet against it, and I get it. I completely understand why. But it's just it's a nice feeling to be able to walk in and feel that type of way. But with all the allegations, all the stuff with Harble and stuff like that, the only way this movie ends as a blockbuster hit is with Michigan winning the national championship. That's the only that's the only way because all the they and I know you said it's objective of the whether it's tainted or not, subjective, subjective whatever. To me, it's like when you win, when you win this game, there's just no one can say anything. You can try, but you really can't say a fucking thing.
Speaker 5: No matter what you guys will be in the history books as the national as the national champion. No matter what exactly, be a faded, there'll be an asterisk in there.
Speaker 2: And that's right.
Speaker 4: People will haters will bring that up. But you can also say all these allegations came up in the middle of the season. These players had every reason the cash it in not stick together, have the excuses like Florida State, and they like Florida State.
Speaker 5: We'll get to them.
Speaker 2: My god. Yeah, that talk about a bad culture. It's bad.
Speaker 4: But then every opportunity to do that and fold and they literally just took on the persona of their head coach, not really answering the media questions. Yeah, like these guys, these guys look at this guy and don't look at me, look at this guy, look at that guy.
Speaker 2: Like that's like, you know what it's like to be.
Speaker 5: In a no question like legitimately culture insane culture, legitimately both things can be true, you know what I mean. Like it's it's not like the players are all you guys chet it. So there's a lot of stuff going on outside the locker room. That's everybody's trying to investigate you this and that, Like all that stuff can be true. While this team is has built the cult so that it has to kind of like go against all that all year long.
Speaker 2: Because it was Michigan versus everybody.
Speaker 5: I think even in that game as was unfolding, it's kind of I know, for me, it was like it was harder to root against Michigan because of the cats like Blake and Yeah and all those guys that are like staying poison going. Because we sat with Blake and listened to him and it's like, now they're in the national title.
Speaker 2: But if you look back on when we were sitting down with him.
Speaker 5: Like you could legit be like yo that it's like a national that's a national title running back mindset, right. Yeah, So it's just kind of like cool to see and then he got the touch on everything else. I was like, fuck but it you know, it's yeah, it's like, hats off to Michigan. They've been they've been dealing with the shit all year long.
Speaker 4: And Trevor not Trevor King and Zach z Inter being out too. Yeah, him just staying there on that belly and they're miss and they handled. Because that was my biggest word going into it, is like you're missing essentially your leader, one of the best players in your team, projected first round pick, and they went and fucking handled it.
Speaker 2: Dude. That's the thing that fires me up the most is the culture of the team. It's so cool.
Speaker 4: Did they're not blaming any They're focused, they're they're giving praise to other people, and hardball is the perfect villain for like this whole scenario.
Speaker 5: You yeah, now, but you almost enjoy watching, Like I love when the cameras on when all the big plays were happening, because you see like he's in the moment, like, y know, we are in a war. Yeah, and plays got to kind of just go your way, like you have the muff punt the pick, but then it goes back the other way. But you're seeing your guys get home on on sat like on pressures, getting sacks, making those plays in the open field, and you just slowly see him smiling and fist pumping like there's a lot of ball left, but fuck, we are taking care of business. Yes for that play. Yeah, it's just like fun to watch truly present in the moment, and that just that fires me up. There no body that was awesome.
Speaker 2: And then the video if you see his dad, Yeah, it was so funny. Bro our Ball Senior. Should we talk about the fit Bod? Talk about the fit Bod the Essential?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: The essential?
Speaker 5: Your workout really needs? Okay, here we go. This episode is brought to you by Fitbod. This is what your workout needs. It's a fitness app that creates completely personalized workouts that adapt as you improve. Whether you are a season Jim goer or just starting your fitness journey, Fitbod will push you to make progress. It's like having your own personal trainer. Think JP Hovey on Push Up Tuesday, but better.
Speaker 2: It's cheaper.
Speaker 5: You can work out anywhere or with or without any equipment. I didn't see it going that way, Jp. I'll get you back in here in a second, and it's easy to build a custom fitness plan that works for you. Again, New Year's Resolutions, everybody has goals. Matter of fact, Jpv's gonna be on the bus with the boys Instagram every Tuesday running Push Up Tuesday, bust on Instagram or his own personal Instagram. He's also got to push up challenge that I believe did you put out to the world? Yeah, that he put out to the world Week one, Week two, you can follow the boy. He can be your personal trainer. Why you wear the fit pod. Fitbod creates a personalized workout routine based on your goals. Fitbod tracks your must recovery so you can have void burnout and keep up your momentum. It also adapts as you improve, so each workout will be challenging and push you to make progress. Add fit bod to your workout essentials. Join fit bod today to get your personalized workout playing. Get twenty five percent off your subscription, or try the app for free as fit bot, fitpod, dot me Forward slash Busting. That's f I T b O D dot m E slash busting. Now we are back.
Speaker 4: Interesting, interesting ad Reid. You get a personal trainer on the app and a personal trainer on Tuesdays at a PM.
Speaker 5: Like promoting jas trainer, but better if.
Speaker 2: I got half of an ad there.
Speaker 4: Yeah dude, Yeah, But going back to uh, Michigan and Washington, it's a completely different game.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, we'll play.
Speaker 4: You're playing a completely different personnel, a better quarterback, a good offensive line, receivers that have the confidence to go get it done. A team that also has been counted out multiple times this year to lose, and you're going against like two teams that essentially, in one way or another thing you hit it on.
Speaker 5: College fall playoff, got it right, like got it right right, like two great games. The two undefeated teams, the one and two seed are playing for the national title. Like you couldn't have you couldn't have put it together any better than that.
Speaker 2: Let me as see this Devil's advocate Georgia.
Speaker 5: No, I mean yeah, Georgia mopped the floor with fucking Florida State, and Florida State fans were so pissed because and they're right, I didn't know that they had a billion people opt out, get injured, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I just saw the score.
Speaker 5: I saw those sixties through the three, and I'm just thinking, holy fuck, they got their asses mopped. But given all the opt outs, all the injuries, everything else suing this that the other. Like at the end of the day, the cars that were dealt to you were dealt to you. You either got to accept that shit, strap up and get ready to go play. Give them middle finger to everybody because you were playing against a great team like Georgia, Like it's it wasn't like you were going, uh, who's another team that had like an easy game where it's like, oh, they didn't belong in this bowl game.
Speaker 2: Better organ Liberty, Liberty. It wasn't like you're playing Liberty.
Speaker 5: No disrespect to you, Liberty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is what it is.
Speaker 5: But you got to still play against a true contender, and that's a game that you still get up for, whether or not the backups are in whatever the case may be. You got to play against Georgia, one of the best teams in the past five years, maybe arguably the best team in the past five years, and in the Georgia Bulldogs and you you just you pack it in and you bitch and you can plain and you do this and it's.
Speaker 2: Not fair and blah blah blah. All that can be true.
Speaker 5: But no matter what, you could still have the opportunity to strap up and play a New Year's Day Bowl.
Speaker 2: That game, you shit the.
Speaker 4: Bet that game was over before when it got announced because the Florida State was so focused on getting away from the acc and filing lawsuits.
Speaker 2: And crying wars.
Speaker 5: We're not I'm opting out.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 4: We know the structure of college football has changed. However, it's still a Gladiators game. It's still a best on best. There's still pride and ego and fight involved in every single game. And if you are going to treat the game of football like that, you deserve to get you're ass blowing out sixty three to three. You guys want to opt out, get ready for the NFL draft, that is, that's that's great, go ahead and do that, But it just seem like Florida State didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 5: And my question too, is like, and I don't know this answer, but you would assume Georgia probably has a lot of guys on that ross who could opt out or not playing the game.
Speaker 2: I think Brock Bauers was out. I think their best one. He was kind of dinged up.
Speaker 5: And Brock is somebody like if you're a prime time NFL guy, like, that's where those decisions should get made. But you're mid later round like and you're opting out of bulls, X, Y, and Z, that's where it's that's where it gets softer for me.
Speaker 4: That's taking the easy road out right and not accepting the challenge. If you're a third, fourth, fifth, second, third, if you're not in the first round, like, obviously one hundred percent you're gonna go to New York and you're gonna get drafted. Seeing there in the green room, that bowl game is an opportunity to go against different and probably better talent than you have. Absolutely to answer the bell because the the because the reason why you're opting out is you're happy with your your body of work, but you're scared about taking on a new challenge and hurting your draft stock as opposed to I'm gonna body These guys risk, yeah, the risk of injuries.
Speaker 5: There's stuff out there, like the old miss quarterback when he his but there, yeah, there there are several stories. But to your point, like if you're not getting because I want to say, they give out more first round grades than who the guys who get drafted, right, like say fifty first round grades and only you know thirty of them.
Speaker 4: My junior my junior year, when I put in my draft thing, they told me like, hey, we don't know what's gonna say, but these are usually very conservative. So you're not it's gonna look worse than it is.
Speaker 5: Got you type of thing if you are, Like if you're a mid round cat and you're opting out, like you do get the opt to play against again Georgia, to put on film like against NFL caliber players because you're training for the combine extra few weeks of training for the combine isn't gonna do, Dick bro No, Like the combine sounds great, it's fantasy football, like it sounds great, like we were all brain rushed for PROD for the X y Z. But the minute the combine and the pro DA's are over, it doesn't matter anymore. In the in the UH PROTA combine stuff is like twenty percent of the full picture. Like you're basically leaning on your tape from calls and everything else. Then you want to match the tape to hey, how do they test? Where is there what's their discipline? Like let's get let's talk to their references, their coaches, everybody around them to get to know them. But people who are thinking that you got to train the extra like I gotta go, I gotta get a leg up, like I'm I promise you that it does not matter in the.
Speaker 4: I agree with most of that, by I think the percentage is a little high, even for twenty percent being the combine. If the combine to me is you're right. The film is what's gonna get you drafted. The combine is something more than just checking boxes. Hey is he fast enough?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no? Are you seeing the combines lower percent? It's a lower percent. Okay, I'm on board with that.
Speaker 5: I about say it was more locking, bro, you were dogging dudes like you, you run fast, you show up, you do all the things right then, yeah, like like you're saying right now, yeah, you need to go.
Speaker 2: And check boxes.
Speaker 4: Now, if you're an outstanding athlete and you're able to exceed that, it's gonna help you. But at the end of the day, it's like off it's line. You get more than twenty five reps on bench, Yes, check the box. Everything after that, he's strong enough, you're forty. What's your ten?
Speaker 2: Is he fast enough? Or is the slowest?
Speaker 5: Shit?
Speaker 4: Okay, check the box. Didn't check the box, see the speed. But the most important thing in the combine is not even on the field. It's in the meeting rooms. How your mind is processing a high pressure situation with these coaches, these gms. Things you thought about since you were a little kid. Getting all nervous as you're sitting in front of a you know, Mike Vrabel and these other these other NFL coaches you've been watching since you were a kid, and if.
Speaker 5: You're a lower round can say you opt out to do all that stuff and you happen to go to the combine. I can see a question these days being like, why'd you opt out for the bowl game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Against a team like you know, I'm using floorter say as the example, but against the team like George and how that gets handled. This probably a look into the cookie jar, because if you don't, if say, you don't bench twenty five, then you're gonna be talking to the strengths and you're gonna be talking to.
Speaker 2: The coaches why this that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, then it might be justified why he doesn't get twenty five, Like he still plays with he plays with tremendous leverage, X, Y and Z, same with the forty, all that type of stuff you can tell on tape, like if that is, if he's faster than what he just showed at the combine or if he kind of outperformed or surprised you a little bit more. Uh.
Speaker 4: The bench press too is kind of a facade because you how many times you've been in the locker room in Lincoln Nebraska, and you see some guys that look like Tarzan are strong as shit, but they don't doesn't translate on the field, Like the guard for the Bengals. Somebody told me this. I didn't even I don't even know if this is a real thing or not. But Kappa, I believe his name is the kid that was saying fu Nashville when he was walking off the field a couple of years ago. He got like below twenty, like a really bad bench press. He's playing in the league and he's handled himself at a relatively good level for a long time. So these things that correlate, it's like you're checking boxes and what are your mentals? Like that is that's all the combine is. It is not as big of a deal as you think it is. You look the mainstream, you look at the NFL networks and they're putting up the biggest, you know, job.
Speaker 2: Interview of your life. Yeah it's a job interview and it's big, but it is the most important thing at the moment moment.
Speaker 4: But as soon as that, as soon as you finish, you take your cleats off, after you're doing with everything, it no longer matters, and you get another opportunity. You'd say, you're forty, didn't go the way you want, You got a pro day coming up to go get that done.
Speaker 3: I think the agents are to blame for a lot of that. They are because it's all for those low round guys. They don't have the as highly talented agents. And you know they're sitting there telling them, hey, don't get hurt, this is where you're gonna go, and just lying to them because they know they're gonna get paid.
Speaker 5: You know, it's one on one at that point, they can infiltrate their mind thinking like this is not Look, it's all about getting you to prota a combine. Do you think by one game you're gonna elevate your stock that much? If the answer is no, like, hey, you really need to do what's in the best interest of you and only you. You've you've the last four or five years, you've you've sacrificed for the brand, for the logo and everything else. You've done your stuff. You're not playing for the national title game like you have to think. Now you are a business going into the NFL. Is it worth YadA, YadA, X, Y and Z. And that's how you know I would assume these agents kind of infiltrate their mind for a second.
Speaker 7: Well, you hope that that kind of ends now that we go to twelve team playoffs, you would hope that that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you see thirteen fourteen, fifteen sixteen. Yeah, there's always gonna be a lot that gray area of who didn't get in and then you're gonna run into four states.
Speaker 5: They were I don't know if you listened to yesterday morning, but on college game they were kind of talking about how the shift is gonna go in Kirk Kirk Street as he is like pro Bowl, Like he wants bowl games, but he's like, listen, if guys are up and down they don't want to do it, then just do away with the bowl games, Like, just focus on the playoff because you're still gonna get bowl games from there. I know there's a lot of big business that goes into it, but it is it's kind of like, you know what, basically, if you're not in the playoff, they're just like glorified exhibition games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you used to turn into because when we played, it was like you're in the Gator Bowl. You know, you're not fighting for anything special, right, but you're out there fighting because you're like, we gotta end this season in a high note, and there's all these like justifiable things in your mind telling you I gotta fucking go after it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because if you're an underclassman or you still got another year you are trying to you're still trying to establish yourself. Say you ended on a bad note toward the end of the year, you get to kind of get back out there.
Speaker 7: I think those bowl games before the College Football Playoff had so much history to him too, so you were like, see guys win the Gator Bowl, and you're like, oh, we're gonna like, we gotta win the Gator Bowl. It was just cooler, you know, with the bowl games. But did you see what Kirby Smart said about or after the Florida State game about everyone needed to see what happened, like this is why it's important to play, because that's just unfair for those guys that went out there and had to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he made an incredible point.
Speaker 5: I would love to hear what his pitch was to all the guys where everybody's basically opting in to play.
Speaker 2: So many guys are playing, you know what I mean. Culture. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: They're not saying that who's it coach and Orf Norvelle not saying that he's not like a great culture guy. But tell you, man, they just they you know it just they had too much low balled for them to just point the finger everywhere else. And I get it, I'd be pissed too. But the way this collswall playoff played out like they got it right. They got it right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Florida State wouldn't have staid a chance versus any of the any of those teams that were in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: No, they wouldn't have.
Speaker 4: But a State example is a great example of Michigan because you see all the adversity, you see all the stuff, and then the culture difference seeing Michigan versus the Florida State stuff. They folded, they fold in this situation, and you obviously see the repercussions for all that versus Georgia as opposed to Michigan, who didn't let them the noise get in their ears. And that's there's a lot about the coaching.
Speaker 5: That's a good point. That's a fair point. You guys cheat it all right, and we win the national championship. That's just like a right off the shoulder. That has nothing. I am fired the fuck up for this game, dude. No, you should be the Michigan squad like, yeah, they're they're they're a great ball club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I am gonna go.
Speaker 4: I think so, right, But in my mind it's like a Monday as we film. Can I get back in time? The dude slips some picks on Tuesday? This situation, I might have to give you guys the burden dip Huh?
Speaker 5: I mean that Houston's closer now? Yeah, but you could drive back? You really about it? You drive back.
Speaker 2: Like I have to do that? But I think yeah, Dave and I were thinks about last night. I think we're gonna go. You're uh, your road dog. I'm a rocket road dog. I can get behind the wheel now. That would be nice. That would be nice. That would be Did he did? I didn't see his Twitter?
Speaker 4: But did he take the money he won from the Michiane game and put it on Washington?
Speaker 2: Washington?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine? Wait?
Speaker 5: What remember money he wanted and put it on Washington win last night?
Speaker 2: Washington?
Speaker 6: But I don't think he did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he bet something, but it had to be yo, a million dollar bet hitting. Oh my god, I can't imagine I would do I was sitting there and well Man Cave last night sweating bullets, legs shaking, like just truly immersed in the game, and like two or three times I just thought, I cannot imagine what Dave is going through it Now.
Speaker 4: The question is can you do it again? Question is Dave Portnoy, can you do it again? Double the bet?
Speaker 5: You're welcome, fat boy. I shout out and texts say, hey, congratulations. Dave just responds, You're welcome, dude. That was an insane, insane game.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It gives you a lot of hope too, because you see the firepower of Washington. But then all the mistakes Michigan made. It's like, you clean them boys up, dude. You play a clean football game, just a well everyone does the scheme right, we run the ball efficiently, we take our shots when we need to handle the time of possession. You will be national champions. Yes, I'm already nervous.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Another great another great notch for this one.
Speaker 5: Saying that you guys are gonna win this game is like the whole schedule mess all year long too. Like I think Garrett was saying it. Somebody said it back there, like they'll have to play it. They'll have to do it back to back, next to the next week. Play good teams, great teams, back to back. So I think that also helps with the narrative all year long. That was getting fall like you guys have the easiest schedule. Yeah, yeah, anything you kind of feel like, should we gotta, we gotta we got another one next week? Let's get back up, because it's almost like this entire month you're preparing for.
Speaker 4: Ye yeah, well yes, and two game goes into overtime, much more physical game. Now you get on a plane and go back. Thank god for Herb their string coach. Yeah, he's gonna get them right. I don't even know if Michigan has classes. Boys do not go to one class. If you do, I'm sure they're not. If their teachers are, they'll be on board for this. Yeah, lima, so and so does not have to come today?
Speaker 2: Oh my? Should we talk ball? Should we talk football? Should we hit it? Hit an take it home?
Speaker 5: And that to do the optim one later? Sure, we're talking about Blue Nile is what we're talking about. Do you want to give it a go?
Speaker 4: Blue Nile dude, Yeah, let me pull in there. Everyone's talking about twenty twenty four is going to be their year. But if you're thinking about getting engaged this year, this really could be the year that changes everything, especially if you shop for your engagement ring at Blueenile dot com. Blueenile dot Com is the original online jeweler. Since nineteen ninety nine, they've helped millions of couples create their perfect engagement ring. With Blue Nile, you can create a bigger, more brilliant piece than you can even imagine, dude, at a price you won't find at a traditional jeweler. They are committed to ensuring the highest ethical standards are observed when sourcing diamonds and jewelry. Blue Nile also offers a diamond price guarantee, which means they can usually meet or be a competitor's price on a comparable diamond. Dude, I'm sure jp you use Blue Nile when you're going through the process getting engaged. We're very excited to you. I'm so excited to do your wedding as the officiant. It's gonna be a hell of a time when you make a lifelong commitment. SODA's Blue Nile you get guaranteed service and repair for life. Listen to me, we all live a long time. You get repair and service forever. Right now, you get guaranteed. Right now. You can get fifty dollars off your purchase of five hundred dollars or more with code busting at Blue Nile dot com. That's fifty dollars off with code busting b U S s I N at Blue Nile dot com, Blueenile dot com.
Speaker 2: Back to the show. I gotta be t o time out time time time.
Speaker 5: The loser of our league has to take a blow up doll d on a date in Instagram Live.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a blow of doll sitting the booth across.
Speaker 5: Are you in it?
Speaker 2: I'm in the league, but I didn't lose.
Speaker 5: Shout out the ships and giggles Fantasy football league. I thought that's what he was saying. Dude, I would love to hear if anybody everybody who has who's in a fantasy football league, if you have a loser, you, guys, if not reward but loser punishment that you have to do, leave it. Leave it in the comments so that way we can look at punishment staff for like next year, your tag is get on social antagers. We're just talking about fantasy football. How you're in the two week You're in a two week fight with clump.
Speaker 2: Plump is he's got the team to beat GM. He's a hell of a GM clumps.
Speaker 4: To health of a GM. I somehow got the edge on him. I'm up eight points going into the week two.
Speaker 5: Which is a good thing because they were just saying that because McCaffrey's down.
Speaker 2: Oh for real, Yeah, he's got McCaffrey.
Speaker 5: Yes, they were gonna play and they're gonna you wrest them up for the first round.
Speaker 4: It's that's that's yeah, that's big. We need that our bet, Garrett. You're gonna go to the grocery store and film yourself doing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think I gotta find the video, but yeah, I was thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's got it all set up.
Speaker 7: Last night was watching that textas watching game, like, I'm about to look like such an idiot, but it'll actually be hilarious.
Speaker 2: It'll be funny.
Speaker 4: It'd be funny if there was like also, like someone went with you to film you filming yourself.
Speaker 2: We knew one of the stops that it would be. Yeah, it'll it'll be funny. I actually am kind of looking forward to it. Let's go. I'm we'll try and make it like as hype as possible. Do you you got any uh Michigan merch ideas?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I was just gonna like, yeah, but to drop right now, like blue, like roses are blue or something like that, like I think bars already really you know, no, we gotta do a bad job of I was like, yeah, if we do.
Speaker 5: Maybe I even saw it, so you know how it can like marketing can subconsciously get in your brain.
Speaker 2: Well if we feel yeah, those are hard, they usually just give it up to barstool.
Speaker 5: But see those aren't blue rope waitit wait wait wait no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I don't like the helmet on that either. Blue roses, That's what I'm saying. May shirt blue roses.
Speaker 7: It should have just been amazed. It's been a maze shirt with a rose feeling me.
Speaker 2: When they go in small just like the score of the game or something like that. But yeah, we should we gotta think of something for yeah, we gotta. Well, we'll do a little thing tank.
Speaker 5: After the show. Yes, some merchant be nice, real nice, real nice.
Speaker 2: How do we feel? Go back, that's wild, that's crazy. The boy in there, that's just like that's the shop.
Speaker 5: Now interesting, go back again?
Speaker 4: Oh interesting, I'll have to call somebody at Barista.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: We are just that old, just that old photo everyone's out there. Yeah, like the photo they use I think on the maning Cast.
Speaker 4: I know Will was actually trying to get the manning Cast photo changed and he takes me on the side, like, hey, you cool with that photo.
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, don't worry about it. We're good. I don't care.
Speaker 5: I just when I see the old photo photos of tailor, I just think, like, we gotta get this ship.
Speaker 2: We gotta get something over time, we'll get it. We'll get it.
Speaker 5: Hey, your Instagram you you were posting I forget what I was probably the first quarter of first half year you did on Instagram, and that's the one where both your arms up borrow.
Speaker 2: You're just oh a thicker boy.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: It was just crazy because you weren't that thick then, Like you weren't like.
Speaker 4: I was like to eighty then to ninety, maybe like down twenty for my regular weight.
Speaker 5: There's nothing worse than having to be the person who I got both arms up, scrunching everything up. Yeah, yeah, like trying to take a photo like that.
Speaker 2: I know, I literally found all those photos.
Speaker 4: I wanted to put them on in there, and I was like, I'll just do like quarterly posts and I finished utail and goes, why don't you just make a video and then just slide over. I was like, come Onthay, you know, I don't think about that kind of stuff. Your video is nice. How would that video take you to make?
Speaker 5: Oh a minute?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man took me a nice man probably his entire nap?
Speaker 5: Oh for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How long was that nap? Us? A day, hour and a half?
Speaker 5: Two hours? Yeah, like a two hour nap. But like cause you have to go through I mean I do it in a bad way. I need to like add stuff to a folder like as I go. But I was, I like scrolled through videos of twenty twenty three and then I took like one hundred and forty and moved them into a folder, and then from there I just picked the ones that matched the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I was banged up.
Speaker 5: Whatever night it was vitamins up up, up, lifted and I was listening to Green Day. Yeah good and listen to all the old school alternative rock chams from the two thousands, and I was just it was just in the zone thinking about boys from back in the day, to messaging them all, texting them all.
Speaker 2: Was that the night of the party?
Speaker 5: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, we got to talk about that party, the murder mystery party you put on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Will surprised his wife Charo with a murder mystery party. Actors the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Like we show up, these actors are like fully bought in miss Like this guy's name is like mister d or something like that, and he's got another chick with him. And Will literally planned the entire thing to where Charles's friends flew in and then hit in the corner and then we're sitting there like what do we do, Like all go in the back when then they show up and it'll be like an empty room and the guy's gonna.
Speaker 2: Show him around.
Speaker 4: So Charles gets all excited, She's happy to see everybody. We get like around to start talking about the game, and he's like, let me bring out my assistance, more actors, blah blah blah. First one walks out, Charles s's her and like literally get goes into tears.
Speaker 2: She's so excited.
Speaker 4: Next person to walk out another shrilling screech, and the whole time you just feel the boy's energy, Like, I really fucking pulled this thing off.
Speaker 2: I was about the tear. I've seen her reaction to Susan.
Speaker 5: Susan walked out like, let me introduce my actors, like Taylor saying, and then she dropped it down like this, and she just erupted like, oh my gosh, and we go, we go through this.
Speaker 4: No, I'm trying to paint the picture for you should definitely be the one to tell a story. But like all her friends came dinner, there was like chefs in the back. Everyone gets a name tag. If you had a name tag, you're a suspect. And the two other actors were also suspects. And you get these like folders to write down information and like every scene or every act, essentially you flip a page to learn more about your character and kind of take here where you want to go. There's money to bribe people with that have to answer the question if you give them a dollar.
Speaker 5: It is a sick stick thing. It is a murder mystery. Look, Taylor did a great job right there. I would love to take all the credit in the world, Like did I vision the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 5: But there were so many like Charles's friends were helpful, Like our nanny was super devil. She like booked the companies. She like found like two to three different ones. And I was like, just figure out which one that you would that you would do if you did a murder mystery party murder?
Speaker 2: Well, do you want to what happened? Was?
Speaker 5: Is so like a spoiler.
Speaker 4: They were going on no before you said, explain like kind of the game a little bit?
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to see.
Speaker 5: But I'm throwing a lot of flowers at Charles's friends, like they basically helped me out, Like I basically thought of the painting, They filled in all of it. They did everything. They're like, hey, did you think about childcare for this day? Hey, so on Friday, what do you think we're gonna do? Because I was going out to the Arizona Bowl, so it was fly her friends in and then when you'd see them all Charles was trying to play stuff for the weekend.
Speaker 2: I was like, I just leave open.
Speaker 5: I gotta I got something in the works for you, Like you can go do this, but make sure you're free during.
Speaker 2: This time to make it to not give it away.
Speaker 5: But basically, once her friends were there, they stayed until Sunday, so they stayed all weekend. They had the airbnb. Got an Airbnb for him, like the whole nine. And so when we go to the Murder Mystery party, I have a dinner reservation planned for us. I'm like, hey, I'm taking you to a dinner spot of when we haven't been to before. And then after that, like, let's go get a couple drinks. I got childcare force, Like, let's go get a couple of drinks at a speakeasy and just kind of lean into it and just kind of role.
Speaker 2: Play a little bit, you know, get a little spicy.
Speaker 5: So she like wore she like wore dress, and I wore like a colored shirt and a tie, just for the foundational stuff. To get to the house, drive to the airbnb, pull up. Then I take out nineteen twenty successories, like I put on the the uh suspenders that I had on out there, my newsboy hat, get her accessories like pearl necklace, scarf, stuff like that. We walk in and all the surprises happened. So when the murder mystery starts, he basically sets up as Taylor, saying, we all get binders, but we any of us could be the killer. We don't know who the killer is. Not even the killer knows who they are. You're basically playing an entire game of clue, and then you try and figure it out at the end. So then like Taylor got a right, Charro was the killer. Charl and her team we split up in the teams of three. They randomize it too, so people that didn't know each other were playing together.
Speaker 2: It just it was.
Speaker 5: Really cool because it it's like you're forced to talk to and communicate with everybody, like it is a a murder mystery party is a perfect like adult style ice bring night.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Getting different groups around each other probably be like Werewolf, Like you're playing with a big group people don't really know each other. You just get achlemn and then like if I go with to Taylor, I'm like, hey, you know, what business did you have with so and so with with with Ivan stoned, and Taylor be like, you know, hold out his hand because you got to work to get questions answered and have money because you can run out of money. But you're working all these different acts. Then you eat in the middle, you try and put stuff together. Another murder happens in the middle of the investigation, which switches it up, and as Taylor was saying, each act, you learn another clue about yourself and the goal of like what you're trying to keep secret, but you have dirt on somebody else and you're trying to pry it out of everybody. And then at the end, everyone kind of says who they think the murderer is, and again it be you. So you're basically just trying to You're playing a massive, real life game of clue.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 4: And the icebreaker partner was my favorite because when everyone's kind of getting there, it's like Charles's friends Will and Charles's friends, and it was like Me, Donnie, Caleb and Tayling, like everyone's.
Speaker 2: Kind of our neighbors, even our neighbors.
Speaker 5: They're in there because Caleb and them come in and they don't really know everybody.
Speaker 4: So everyone's kind of clicked up like a high school. But the minute you start counting people off, he count people off by six. There was eighteen people, so six teams of three we are now like all kind of mixed hodgepodge to where like we now have to work together as a team and learn about each other, and then you go to talk to other people. It's where it's not like a your hangout with just the people you know, like you're getting to know everybody in a very unique setting. I thought it was cool how the killer didn't know that they were the killer. Yeah, because we both walked into it thinking we hope we're not the killer.
Speaker 5: I know, the way we could work together game it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're trying to get the thing going. It was dude, it was so much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 4: And then after the reason why this whole story got brought up is we got a little banged up. Hit the vitamins right after and will I.
Speaker 5: Got banged two nights in a row, did you I'm talking no, no, not two nights in a row.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of New Year's Eve. But yes, yeah, yeah, So we finished and it was great, like it really was great. But there were like multiple holes. Yeah, there were multiple holes in the like the the game, like a lot of stuff kind of didn't add up. You kind of had to fill in the pieces for yourself because like the papers didn't give you that or whatever, and Will's little banged up and he starts being constructively critical about the actors. He thinks they left.
Speaker 4: Buddy's standing right behind him like he's just like, yeah, next time, we gotta get guys that are gonna probably buy and gota we got to vet the company to make sure they buy in a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I thought so. And he's sitting right there and he's like, hope you guys had fun. Here's my business card if you want to do it together.
Speaker 5: But they did.
Speaker 2: They did good.
Speaker 5: He did a really good job of being their characters and everything else. It got confusing a couple of times because people are asking questions saying like you said this earlier, and the gal was, oh no, and I didn't say it that way.
Speaker 2: I said it this way. So there was just some holes because it felt a little not rushed.
Speaker 5: But when when they're when we were sitting down to have dinner and they're like, hey, are we ready to murder, I'm thinking, like, yo, you almost disregard the food because you're still going to walk around and talk to everybody and get some more out of it. But it almost felt like it was a little too condensed, Yeah, it could have been another hour. Yeah, because right when we walked in, like when we pulled up to the airbnb, char I was like, so, so what do you have planned?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, we gotta. I got a private dinner with a private chef.
Speaker 5: And then when he opens the door, dude is in full character talking to Char like, welcome to the murder mystery. I was like, I kind of wish you would have said that, but yeah, let's go on in it. Walked to the back room, see our local friends, and then it could not have went any better.
Speaker 2: It was aw time, It was awesome. We should we should just have one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get the color, Yeah, get the gals in, get some friends, like do a big one, he said, ideally, like he likes to do where it's teams of four, but it's a lot of fun. Like again, you have somebody who's controlling the binder. We had somebody who's taking notes with the binder. We had somebody controlling the controlling the cash, like being the treasurer. And then somebody who would like do the lead role of walking around talking like doing the negotiator, trying to negotiate or get some get some facts. Out, but it's a lot of highly recommend murderer mystery parties.
Speaker 4: And also to give flowers well. Compton was voted best Actor and Taylor was voted Best Actress.
Speaker 2: It was nice. It was nice long way.
Speaker 5: It was due.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun. And it's like the game within the game.
Speaker 4: Like, uh, Caleb just leaves his binder in the corner and I go up to the guy hosting and I go, hey, if somebody just leaves their binder, like, I can just it's fair to just go through it, right. He's like, yeah, you can do whatever you want. So I started going through his binder.
Speaker 5: Didn't talk to Caleb the rest of the night because I had all of his information, took his cashay took his cash, ended up giving the cash back.
Speaker 2: But I also I won the award for best.
Speaker 4: Thief, so that was nice. That was a nice deal. It was fun, dude. But Charo ended up being the killer. She was greta yeah, but Charle, like I tumbled upon the answer, give yourself more credit than that.
Speaker 2: We broke it down.
Speaker 5: We know you try not to give you like you played a good game. You got it right.
Speaker 2: It was fun. I got the answer correct, Chorro.
Speaker 4: It was like, if multiple teams get it right, whoever is the best description and the most correct description of why they did it? You know, a couple of bullet points of why she was a killer Charo had a full fucking multiple paragraph this is why she did this is when she did it.
Speaker 5: The whole thing, like to a t figured out she lives for that kind of stuff. That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: And it's one of those things too, you go to a murder mystery party and like you've got to buy in otherwise you're like, this shit's you. You could easily be like this ship's lame wanted. And the fact that everyone kind of bought in, even Caleb who was little Willie, who was obviously written as a black guy. It was he said, as Binder Lily said, black speak in it.
Speaker 2: Nah, I can't remember. Saw.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of fun. And then with the boys on the Arizonable that was cool too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Arizonable was all time. It did a good job.
Speaker 5: Like I was talking to I knew, the Cody coordinator for Toledo, and he was just talking about how that entire week, like Barsel crushes it with how they do their Bowl Games. But yeah, I mean that was fun. It was kind of weird doing the CW and the really highly produced thing because we had to cut out multiple segments because the duke game was running over, so then it condensed everything down. Like all in all, I probably spoke like twenty seconds total during the entire thing, Like we had to really crunch a lot of stuff in like Casey had to basically just you know, transition it to this interview, that interview Coach Bowlesley even this that.
Speaker 2: But it was cool in that money line hit, thank god. Yeah, because it was not great for a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was down because we picked obviously Wyoming to cover minus four and a half on bet the bus, and I was in. Yeah, well I was one of them. They were in on a parlay with money line Wyoming and then money line Pin State that obviously got you know, Penn State got mopped, and then I had straight up Wyoming minus score and a half that wasn't happening. So I make an emotional bet fourth quarter there down Toledo's driving.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 5: I'm like I'm going Wyoming money line and it hits and just fireworks.
Speaker 2: Lost a little lost. Yeah, oh yes, yes, yes, yes, but that.
Speaker 4: That offensive lineman catching the screen in that game in the first quarter and like running at forty yards. Did y'all watch the game, dude, kill They run a screen and the running back like touches the ball and it falls out of his hands and then it falls into the lap of this offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: He trucks it all the way down. The rules must be different in college.
Speaker 4: So I feel like if an eligible receiver touches the ball and then an ineligible number gets the ball, it should have been it's okay to advance, at least in the NFL.
Speaker 5: So the producer who was in our ear because you didn't have a headset on, like when they were trying to explain that, he was trying to cut in and say, if it's a defender or a referee tips it, that's where that would have been a legal play got But since it was his own offensive teammate, that's why they took it away, which did sucked up with housed it too, Like I don knew what to do with.
Speaker 4: The ball at Oxygen the whole thing after that, dude, it was it was so cool and so that got taken away, and I want to bring this up Lions end of the game this.
Speaker 2: Year or this week. Detroit Lions, Detroit Lions, NFL ball.
Speaker 4: Dude, NFL ball going for two Ballzy letting him hang, Dan Campbell letting it hang, and they call a play to Taylor Decker. And I explained this in a little bit of a recap on my Instagram, but Decker actually reached out to me. He's like, you're exactly right, Like you walk up, you bring multiple offensive linemen to the table, and then he reports to kind of throw off the defense because they know seventy or whoever is going to usually be the guy that reports. This should have been a touchdown. The Lions should have won this game.
Speaker 5: Got two guys coming after him, coming after him, and it kills the Lions because they would have been fighting for that one spot right and now they can't.
Speaker 2: And then the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: So what are they saying that he didn't report. They're saying that he didn't report. They're saying that they called him ineligible. And they said that's seventy reporter, but not Decker. If you go to like a slow moo, you can see Decker bring his hands to his chest. You don't and Brad Allen, the head referee.
Speaker 2: What's that? Also pointed like, go talk to the right now.
Speaker 4: The head referee, Brad Allen. He you see him look at Decker and seems as if he acknowledges him and then goes off. This is the problem is this Brad Allen guy apparently has already had a couple of miss calls throughout the season. I believe it was the Packers and the Chiefs. There was a no call DPI that really sealed the game. Uh not in favor of the Chiefs who won that game. Anyway, he messed it up real bad to the point. Yeah, to the point where it's like just a like this guy needs to probably go to prison. That's just crazy, absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta hang him up. You need to turn in your iPad. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dan Campbell in his postgame press conference is like, I don't even want to talk about it. There's nothing that I don't want to talk about. Blah blah ball like this. That was a major killer, a major killer. And it's And somebody brought up a good point of Detroit making the playoffs for the first time and however long winning their division since like the nineties or something like that.
Speaker 2: Ninety three. It was two years old when that happened.
Speaker 4: Now you're taking away home games for Detroit, taking away money from the franchise, seeing away money from the city, like big brain level thing that I'm not even thinking about because of the referee wasn't present in the moment to truly dial in. Okay, this guy's reporting, this guy's not reporting, or they're both reporting. That is just you can't have that. You cannot have that in football. This is why the ref's gotta be better. It's it's been a it's been a product of the conversation for so long. How there's so much greyer and decisions and the human error. You cannot have that.
Speaker 2: You can't have it. Like he didn't he was.
Speaker 4: But because of the formation, seventy was an ineligible number because he was in a tight end position, but he was covered up. Now the wide receiver, he's off the ball and Decker's on the ball, making him the eligible receiver since he reported eligible. So naughty played by this lying crazy But you see him go up like why would Decker walk up there?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm not reporting.
Speaker 4: It's like it's it doesn't make any sense because you want multiple guys to go up there, and you have your six man going to say, I'm reporting, and Decker all the same reporting. But the defense is probably thinking, oh, here comes seventy or whatever the number is is now.
Speaker 7: Reporting Camill like run the ress through the possibility that they might run these plays too.
Speaker 2: That is, Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 4: You say, Hey, these are the gadgets we have in these are the specials we have in this This number could report, that number could report.
Speaker 2: It's just this DB's pretty handsy, makes sure you keep your eye on it.
Speaker 7: I think eventually you just got to be able to review that stuff. Like how do you get around because like you're saying, like in the moment, not being able to be present to make the correct call with all the reviews that you do have that change games or you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. That one's more of like a hearsay. He's just saying that, you know, the ref basically dine on his hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because now you get into a point where now you're reviewing dead dead time in games, which leaves more up for interpretation. Now you have to elevate that to where you're literally putting mics on every player now, so that the conversations can be heard when they go review those types of plays. They this is a there's a lot of gray area and the rules of the NFL college all of it, but this is an excusable act from a referee standpoint. If you need to be able to that's your job is to be present in the moment. You can't just assume things are going on. Yeah, that's terrible, terrible ball. God, that pisses me. I feel bad for the Lions.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Lions can't I mean Lions right now are still hosting a playoff game. Yeah, I think that the two seed, but you're you're right about the one seed. Like, get running through there, because even if the forty nine ers lost this week, Cowboys still have the shot to go up to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the Lions losing that game, the Niners clinch the one seed. Oh they clinched already. They clinched the one seed.
Speaker 4: But if the Lions win that game, now, Christian McCaffrey is not sitting out. He has to play in this game, and they have to win their game against the Rams to uh become the one seed.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you see this all shaping up? You gotta pull it. Yeah, pull pull up.
Speaker 5: You think so Raven's gonna win it all?
Speaker 4: I think the clearest the clearest path here is forty nine Ers Ravens Super Bowl. Those are those teams that way seems that way, but you get into the tournament nineteen Titans versus the one seed.
Speaker 2: Ravens at the bank. Yeah, I'm playing the bill. I think the Bills over the Browns. I'm pulling damage.
Speaker 5: I'm pulling for the Browns and Bills. Dude on the AFC side, Yeah, I can get on board with that. About think about going to the Super Bowl throning dethrowning Lamar Jackson in Baltimore And.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you got Cleveland Brown fans chanting Joe Flackler's dame when he was with the Ravens for however long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just crazy how this world is. Well, who's that comedian Stavvy Yo, he's so funny, bro. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I feel like we've gone from the AFC in the beginning of the season looking like this is the toughest division. So now I think the NFC is the strongest division going in the playoffs. Talking about the conference because Miami, Miami has obvious holes. Kansas City is showing they have obvious holes. I can't be Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, like you look at Green Bay, uh, Tampa Bay and even Philly.
Speaker 2: Now Philly just lost to the.
Speaker 4: And they they play the Giants this week and who knows, who knows what's gonna happen there because they're kind of falling apart. They're in the opposite of what they did in years past. They're getting colder as the season goes on, yeah, as opposed to just getting stronger. But I think the picture is much more clear on the NFC side for me, Like the forty nine Ers are the best team, even though they got dusted by the They lost real bad to the Baltimore Ravens. Ravens Ravens are by the Dolphins out people. It is crazy, But I'm anxious to see what that bye week, what happens to the Ravens because my only sample size is twenty nineteen Leve which I've already brought up.
Speaker 5: Is what you gotta love too is all of Lamar's postgame postgame conversations. You can just tell he does not give a fuck about what just happened. Yes, like it's all it's it's Super Bowl this year of bus. Basically, he doesn't care. And I love listening to him on his postgame conversations because you can just see it like he's he wants the Lombardi.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care about nothing else. He's like, hey, yeah, everybody played, well, yeah, it was a good game.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He really doesn't say a lot, and I just love it. You can just tell he's focused.
Speaker 4: But I like of the besides Baltimore Ravens. I like Buffalo. I like Buffalo in this. I think they beat the Chiefs. Yeah, I think they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna I think you got a Jacksonville in it right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this week here, this week will be big if Jacksonville loses and the Colts win, Colts take the division.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 5: So it looks like, uh, it's a winning in game with with the Colts and the Texans because Texans are nine and seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's there's a bunch of isn't there a bunch of like tiebreakers? So let's go to the standings here AFC standings. I think the Bengals are out. I think they got eliminated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Uh, Texans are on the outside looking in, so they're the first team in the Hunt basically, so this a win and in game between the Colston Texans. Oh that's awesome, that is cool, and it's just wait, this would be weird. Now if the Steelers win, are they in what's there?
Speaker 2: What's their record?
Speaker 5: They're nine and seven as well? Their number two uh in the Hunt? Yeah, I would assume. So Steelers need to win in Texas to lose, right, No, Jack, can you look up Steelers playoff scenarios?
Speaker 2: God, you gotta love it, man. Yeah, this ball is shaping up great in the end of the season.
Speaker 5: Can the Titans knock off the Jags?
Speaker 2: Did? Jacks have too much? But here's all the Steelers playoffs. Steve have five playoff scenarios. So yeah, they're not winning in.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait Steelers. Oh Steelers with the Steelers, Steelers winning, Jack War, Jaguars loss or tie, Steelers win in Buffalo loss, Steelers win in Colts Texans high. Who's Buffalo playing Buffalo's I think they're playing Miami for the division.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's their best scenario.
Speaker 4: They gotta win because I feel I believe the Ravens will sit a bunch of guys.
Speaker 5: It's time you've already, you've.
Speaker 4: Already clinched the one seed in the AFC, Like you don't want to get a bunch of guys hurt, maybe playing for a quarter or two like a preseason game, and then after that, so you gotta think the Steelers are gonna win that game because they're playing for more than the Ravens are playing. And then yeah, Buffalo, but I feel like I feel like Buffalo is gonna beat Miami.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what you gotta look out for right now.
Speaker 4: No wait, wait, wait, wait wait, Raiders are eliminated too, Yeah, never mind, Chiefs are Chiefs are one the AC West that you're looking at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've already clinched right now. The Chargers are favored one and a half against the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I've also they can't go up or down in their rankings. Yeah yeah, so they're gonna probably sit guys.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they can afford to. You gotta you gotta put together. They had another drop, another big drop this past week. No, the Chiefs are so weird, man, because they are a team. You look at it like they're not Super Bowl contenders this year, But then again, it's the Chiefs, so the minute we all start saying, we all pull a little confident, we say they're done.
Speaker 2: This is when they just go back. But this is where you're most confident about Chiefs Kingdom falling this year. Yeah, I mean, I agree. I don't think they're gonna make the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Right now as it stands, they would be playing against Buffalo, and you take Buffalo in that, No they I don't think they will though, because if Buffalo loses, they'll fall prior to the seven. Who knows, who knows?
Speaker 2: Maybe they still there?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 2: The playoff scenario so wild.
Speaker 5: If Buffalo, if they win, then they win the division, so they'll be the They'll Buffalo can go from the six seed all the way to the two seed with win. Yeah, that'd be crazy, and then playing in Buffalo would be nuts. In January yikes, Yeah, after he was they were essentially pronounced dead.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a great game. That'll be a fun game to watch. I like the I think the Rams are playing the Niners as well. Like the Rams in that game.
Speaker 5: We were talking about the AFC where I'm rooting for Brains, Browns and Bills, I'm kind of pulling for the Rams. Niners there one seed if they go like if they go, like obviously I'm pulling.
Speaker 2: For the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, they clinched, So I feel like they're gonna sit out like they already talked about. Say, I'm McAffrey, the're gonna they're gonna arrest dudes up. So the Rams have an easy path to victory here, and I think they're underdogs, Like I'm even saying.
Speaker 2: The super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I'm staying on the run to the super Bowl, like I would love to see the Rams. I think they're a team you don't want to play right now, similar to the Bills of the NFC, even the Browns. I mean, Joe, I know, yeah, but eleven and five insane? Everybody they were dead too. They chalked it up. Joe Flacco's coming in. He's at three hundred plus the last several games. I wonder what happens if Joe Flacco takes a run at the playoffs. Not saying he has to win the super Bowl, but let's say he makes it to the AFC Championship or even gets past the first round of the playoffs, you move on from Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 2: That would be insane. Yeah, that would be insane.
Speaker 4: But so if the if the Browns win in the first round of the playoffs and then they lose hypothetical situation, do you walk away from Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think he can. I mean, I guess you could, but you're taking a massive loss in the whole cap finances because so much is guaranteed to him.
Speaker 2: Do what that's a turn him back to you? That'll be interesting, dude. Do you like the Bills but in the playoffs and the Browns.
Speaker 5: Like I would be rooting for Josh and the Bills just because we know the boy, But the Browns is kind of like that. That's ind therella story that if they end up winning all these games, I would like love it.
Speaker 2: I'd be smiling I backed down to them. Yeah, I'm with that. I like that a lot.
Speaker 5: But yeah, if they all get in, say they all all these teams get in, I would want the Bills and I would want probably the Niners. But I'd kind of like to see chaos. So I'd love to see the Rams. I love to see the Rams and Bills. So Rams Bills, superl Chaos, super Bowl Chaos, Super Bowl, Rams Bills, that would be nuts.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Detroit in the Super Bowl. I think that would be so cool. Yeah, yeah, I don't. Yes, they would be sick too, but yeah, I'll think that'd be a fun that'd be a fun situation.
Speaker 5: You can't sleep on the Dallas Cowboys, I think he can. Yeah, they're not going to do anything trying to give.
Speaker 2: A little bit of Yeah, they played tough ball games here down the road, but they make stupid mistakes and those things.
Speaker 4: That's the reason why I'm kind of down on the Browns a little bit because Flahol is slinging that thing. But he's also giving the ball up a bunch two and interceptions count. Yes, he has a bunch of interceptions. He throws the ball for five hundred yards and three touchdowns. But he's given up too like he's he's ripping it as if he's thirty eight years old, came off the couch and he doesn't give a fuck, which is beautiful. Yeah, but when you get to the playoffs, those interceptions cost you a lot more.
Speaker 5: Thirteen tuddies, eight interceptions. Yeah, he's he's ripping it. He's absolutely ripping it. That's why you kind of like Uh.
Speaker 4: I like Buffalo over the Browns as far as playing, uh, the upset team in the playoffs, but.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys do.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys are gonna get into close games and they're gonna do some dumb shitsu strategically and they're gonna lose, and that just sucks.
Speaker 2: As they have talent. They have so much talent. I think it's just a coaching.
Speaker 5: I bet if the playoff pictures like this, I bet the Buccaneers would sneak Philly. You could make show Man.
Speaker 2: You could see that happening right now, like the Eagles are, even though they just us the fucking saying, God damn it money on that game.
Speaker 5: Took the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Are they still in it? I don't think playoff scenarios for the Falcons. They are, but it's like one of those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably need it. They probably need a tie to happen, all right. Playoff scenarios entering the final week, I mean, to.
Speaker 2: Beat the Saints and then the Bucks have to lose to the pan I mean that's the you know the Bucks. They thought that they had. The Bucks have to lose the Panthers. Yeah, Panthers have Wait what they do last week? I think they got beat did they mayn't beat They won a couple of weeks ago against let's see. Oh man, that division is so shitty. They they got mopped by the Jaguars twenty six. But I feel like the AFC South is the best, the worst, best division. What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Like they might have guys that are like three three of the four teams might be in the playoffs, but I just don't think any of those teams are competiti.
Speaker 2: Enough to make a run. Yeah, like they're gonna get in because things have just fallen that way.
Speaker 5: Like this is a year where they're similar to the NFC least when they're talking about the NFC East and everybody, yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, sitting around five hundred. Yeah, I mean all of them, all of them except for the Titans of nine and seven, right, all nine and seven. We had a winning in game and I think we were at eight seven and one that year against the Giants.
Speaker 4: It's crazy how it works out. And then you have a team scrapping for the seventh seed and they have like ten wins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is a team that's hot, Like the Giants back in two thousand and eight when they beat the Patriots Yeah, and they were there.
Speaker 2: They were the lowest rated seed. Yeah, the two against the Cardinals. Eagles did that as well in the Super Bowl. They were the sixth seed right when when they won the Super Bowl a few years back? Oh with Foles.
Speaker 5: I don't know, they were pretty solid. Yeah, but I think they maybe they were a lower seed.
Speaker 2: I think they were a lower I don't think they won the division. I'll say that.
Speaker 5: Thanks, really, dude, Let's talk about the new Year's an Optimum Nutrition?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to unlock more in twenty twenty four? JP?
Speaker 5: Are you ready on lockmore in twenty twenty four? Adding gold standard one hundred percent WAG protein by Optimum Nutrition to your workout gives you twenty four grams of high quality protein to support muscle building and recovery, enrich delicious flavors, an essential piece for building a routine that helps you get more with your workouts. Available at your favorite stores like Walmart, Amazon, and at optimum Nutrition dot Com put the world's number one sports nutrition brand to the test. With Optimum Nutrition, boys, what kind of physical health goals do we have in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 6: We'll start I will getting absolutely shredded clean, mean New year, same goal.
Speaker 2: So cut it's unreal.
Speaker 6: Lean meets high protein, clean veggies and yeah, and reading a little more not on twitter, physical books.
Speaker 5: We thought it just straight body Yeah, I guess. So, like like mine, I don't have like a pinpoint. It's got to be this percent body fat. But being around two fifteen zero low back pain is my is a New Year's resolution of mine because I've had it forever. But basically, like my structure is the morning routine, thirty grams of protein in every meal through food that gets me up to like around one sixty to one eighty, and then get the rest up to my up to like two twenty of protein through like essential amino acids, glued tomine, you know, drinks and shakes and stuff like that. But mine's basically thirty plus grams of protein every meal in the morning. The first one's gonna have no carves of protein and fat. Then cold tubbing four times a week or cold water immersion four times a week. I'm gonna get this shit. I'm like in the middle of it too, but get it kind of like printed so that way I can check like as the weeks go on and switch them out every week. So that way, you know, I hit on all my you know, vitamins and minerals like complements I take in the morning. I have it for the you know, right when I wake up, breakfast time ones with the meal ones that are three days a week. So I'm like trying to structure out that way versus having like the result there, because I just feel like if I just dial in those things.
Speaker 2: The result will come. Yeah, enjoin the process. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I would jump on I'll jump on board with that, like I For me, it's establishing, which I've kind of done towards the end of the year. I'm like thirty six days in of doing every single day some sort of like cold water therapy, whether like if we're on the road, we're in Arizona, I just had to take cold shower, so I take a cold shower. But like wake up in the morning, hitting a routine for myself, and then for me, it's all about like dialing in my optimal health from like a gut health standpoint, I've still got a bunch of issues from all those anti inflammatories. I just get the body running the exact way I want to and paying more attention to like longevity things, not just like cosmetic things as far as like you want to look better and all that, but like the stretching, the stability and the core the knee pain that it's it's always going on. Try to figure out way to get that knee pain a little bit better. But yeah, I think this is gonna be a nice little year.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The routine is absolutely everything it is and it when you do it, it's like it sucks at first, but once you get in, Like what I've noticed, like being this far into it now is it's enjoyable. Like even when I wake up tired, I know, hey, at the end of this routine, I'm gonna feel way more awake and I'm being able to get my shit done today. And it's truly like I had this coffee you brought me today, but I've I've kind of like not as much coffee, like feel more consistent energy throughout the day. It's like you just make it a priority and I'm messed with it. I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 5: You create that momentum. Yeah, because even if I go a few days without like doing something, or say I couldn't get a work out it or I didn't work out, Like I just know in the back of my mind, I'm like, man if I just wake up earlier the next morning and do workout, like I know that that will that will get everything going. Yeah, because waking up after days of like even with holiday season, you get kind of in a I got kind of in a mode of when I got to sleep in, i'd sleep till like seven seven thirty, and then you're just slower to get out of bed versus like waking up when the alarm goes off with like five point thirty five forty five, and just like it's that much harder after you kind of create the holiday season of eating good sweets, like sleeping a little bit longer, having you know, kind of like having fun in the mornings, slower in the mornings. But once you it's like, yeah, I just know in my head, I'm like, man if I just wake up early next morning, I just got to get the fuck up, get moving, like cold shower this morning, and like that will that will start to create that momentum.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you, I think it's gonna be a fun year for me.
Speaker 5: I got to write it out, like I'm somebody I have to write things down or it'll I have to make the invisible visible. If not, I will always justify something because I haven't like put it out into the universe. I feel like, so if I like write it down, if I print it out, if I put it up so that way, it's in front of my face when I go into the pantry on checking things off. That way, I don't miss whatever vitamins Like you can just kind of go by the seat of your pants sometimes. Man, I take that this morning. I kind of can't remember. Oh, I'll make sure to take it when I get home. Then I think I already took it because I thought I was gonna take it when I got home. So if I just write stuff out, if I map it out and put it in front of my face, then I know, like I'll create some momentum.
Speaker 3: What are you JP, I just got to get cut up before August seventeenth wedding day.
Speaker 2: Oh it's it's in Yeah, I mean unofficially officially, okay, donan right before the fall too. That's big of you. Yeah, that's big.
Speaker 3: I mean that's pretty much my goal fitness goal. Yeah, yeah, I gotta be looking nice.
Speaker 5: You have any like, uh, like a different discipline or anything that you're trying to implement.
Speaker 3: I mean, definitely could do more cardio. I want to start swimming, get back into the water. Yeah, but it's just swimming is not convenient like as far as gym memberships and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Match you got you got some New Year's resis.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to do like fitness wise, you're talking, I want to do more cardio, Like I want to get more into Like I'm not somebody who can just go for runs, but like I'm thinking if I get into like more like intermural sports, like playing like more football, Like get into a couple flight football leagues, maybe play some beach volleyball when he gets warmer outside. Just trying to stay active that way because I still have like that competitive itch. Just trying to stay more active that way and have fun with it.
Speaker 2: Nice. Did you give yours? Nothing really changing from last year?
Speaker 7: Just consistency is like huge for me, and like y'all are saying, routine, So continuing that, honing in on a couple other things.
Speaker 2: What those are? No clue, but always room for improvement.
Speaker 4: I like it, is there anything obviously there is, But is there anything outside of a body standpoint?
Speaker 5: Obviously we have other news resolutions. We kind of all just hit the body for a second. All great, we all think it. Cars are lying up more this morning at boosts at boos, and you just know, like there's one cat in there fucking humming was doing a take top possibly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like this light.
Speaker 5: Cat.
Speaker 2: He was just almost like forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bro, I'm talking running at like eight nine miles an hour for minutes at a time, and it would take like a quick break and then get back on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying at like high speed running, Like I had to jump in there early this morning because they get up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of like the same crew of people in there just a little bit earlier. Oh really I saw I think I saw that dude. I was like, he is fu he was.
Speaker 5: He was humming by the time I walked in there.
Speaker 2: You just got here. Do you have stuff outside of outside of fitness? Yeah, dude, I want to, uh, like from a benchmark standpoint, I want to at least read one book a month.
Speaker 4: I like, I think that's a soul. I read more than I ever have in years past, in twenty twenty three. But I just think, take you next step of like consistently reading, whether it's like self help book type of stuff, or like like like would you say about Charlie like read what you love until you Yeah, so I've like picked up the pace of like reading and stuff like that. I'm in the middle of one right now, like I got it like a few days ago. I'm on like one hundred and fifty pages in, and so just kind of like this unique pursuit of acquiring like different skills, whether it's like financial literacy, whether it's like trying to look at like learning a new language, or like reading just reading comprehension in general, like trying to take the information I'm reading and process it more like instead of just like checking the box of reading. But I think that's like for me, I enjoy that. I'm starting to find myself enjoy that, and so taking the next step of like putting a number on it will definitely help.
Speaker 5: Love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a book a month would be nice, right, It's just disciplined too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is like, uh, it's such like a lost art. It seems like like picking up an actual book we don't like that lost art much.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: How many?
Speaker 2: How often?
Speaker 4: Like when you're a kid, you're a kid, you see your parents like picking up a book and reading, and now we have all this access to the internet and social media. Is like you don't see anybody our age with an actual hardcover book.
Speaker 2: In their hands.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like anybody in their twenties and thirties really didn't, you know. I feel like people do a whole lot of reading outside of having to growing up in school and then maybe as you like get older and realize you know that reading kind.
Speaker 2: Of fucks it, kind of fucks it, kind of fucks Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: You know. I like I like the uh. I like the reading goal and another one that I was gonna have to go with, like reading is making sure I write like notes, like a book summary, and like just like writing more. I just think like writing, whether it's journaling every day. I got Charro, which I think I might get us all one is there's this a five minute journal and where it has everything kind of like laid out for you, like what to write about it in the morning, with the write about a night. But I think like writing will be really good. It was something I wanted to do last year and obviously did not do it, so I want to like hold myself to that when this year, I just got to structurally figure out like what that looks like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, my brother in law did this thing this past year where he tried to do it, you know, once a week or a few times a month, and then you know that just changes. But write down something that positive in that week or in that moment, and then go back and reread them, because then you'll realize like a very small thing can feel like such a victory in that week. When you read it at the end of the year, you're like, oh damn, like even that little thing was tight that week, and you just kind of like, you know, reflect on that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Right with that. I like that, boys and anything in the back. We're all good reading if you got one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was reading one book a month as mine as well. Still like last year of them just making my bed every single.
Speaker 2: Day, which I did. Hit did you really? Yeah a first win, first wait win right out of the bed. So continue that more journaling for sure.
Speaker 3: And I man, I was I had one because sitting and I were coming up with them yesterday, but it's escape in my mind, so I might just concur with y'all.
Speaker 5: On the significant other, like char and I when we were talking about it yesterday. We're gonna do like a weekly discipline, so whether it's yoga or something that we can do it together in the morning, like health wise, fitness wise, whether it's sauna and cold the cold tub or yoga or boxing or whatever. It is like one daily one discipline a week, and then we're gonna do like a bi monthly date night. So she plans one one month, or she plans one one week. I planed one, you know, the next after the next couple of weeks, and then like one where we have to be intentional on getting our uh getting like a group of friends together to like do something whether it's a murder mystery or like just doing something that we're we are like intentional about, like being around friends.
Speaker 3: That's one of ours was at the end of each month, sitting down and holding each other accountable about if you are keeping up with your Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: That is a good one. Be intentional about being around friends is a really good one. Yeah, because you know how it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially doing as much as we do, like I feel because we travel so much. When I get home, I just want to be with my family and I don't take the time to like check the other social boxes right at all.
Speaker 2: But doing it I like that.
Speaker 5: Like that one and whether like was we were talking about like a quarterly thing too, is like whether it's the murder mystery, like each like fills us one time, just because again, monthly, it's like the minute it doesn't happen one month and it can kind of fizzle out. So if like you're the monthly thing, if it's just like dinner or something like that, but a quarterly thing that we're it's like, hey, we'll host one. You guys are responsible for hosting a quarter you know, you get another pair of friends that host at their house, whether it's a Chandler's or something like that. Yeah, but just doing one where it's like on that crew, I think it would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Quick pivot. We got to give a huge shout out to Buschle Chandler. Yeah, oh yes, yes, yes, incredible.
Speaker 4: Literally the guy has sat for a year waiting for this irishman to finally pull the trigger and.
Speaker 2: It's it's big. Yeah, it's big, massive.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: My understanding is it's not like one hundred percent done yet, Like there still has to be a couple of dominoes that fall, but everything go on Connor, But it seems like things are pointing that way.
Speaker 5: Does it seem like it is going to be a one eighty five?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I wouldn't know the answer to that. But if connorsting one eighty five and Mike's on.
Speaker 5: Social media international fight week, is that's when it's gonna happen. My thought was, my question mark was if it's actually going to be a one eighty five.
Speaker 2: Where you think it would be, Like, yeah, if it's that, if it's at one eighty five.
Speaker 3: The only reason McGregor wants to do that is so that if he does win, he can say I have wins at middleweight, welterweight, lightweight, and featherweight, which obviously he'd be the only person person with three.
Speaker 5: I just that's not even he Mike probably what walks around it when it.
Speaker 3: Mike is one eighty five right now, Like Mike is saying it's benefits Mike more than it benefits Yeah, why is it benefit Mike Moore because he's more naturally built. Like at that weight, Connor is like eating his butt off to be one eighty five when he's not on all the stuff, right, because all you see is these photos of Connor, oh ju stuff. It's so cool and so clear he's on. He was on something, but there's I feel like there's a whole bunch of stuff. He still got to go through the YUSADA protocol.
Speaker 5: Well they're not with you SADA anymore, or whichever whichever drug testing thing they have to do.
Speaker 2: I really don't know. I just know it's like not officially official yet. Yeah, seems like it's gonna happen though, But that is so sick. It was like June twenty eighth, June twenty ninth, that's international fight week.
Speaker 5: We'll have to I feel like that would be a weekend or the week that we would do like beer Olympics.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we are going to that fight, yeah, we asked, Oh yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying like the last year, I think we did the Bearer Olympics on the last week, Like we're gonna have to dictate, We're gonna have to that.
Speaker 2: That is what we will be doing Yeah last week, we will be there, we will we will be there. Bet it'll be Sphere of September. I know, but that's what they say now, But I think, yeah, that's true. Why wouldn't you do McGregor, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe it's like, uh, I mean it's only six months away. Yeah, I wish. I don't know the planning and all that, but that would be insane if it was at the Sphere insane. That's gonna be so much fun. It's so fucking hype. Yeah, I really I want to win so bad. I know.
Speaker 4: Man, Once again, there's a I feel like there's an easy path to victory on Connor. What do you mean, take him to the ground and sit on him for a round, tire his ass out, Because from what mine are saying, I'm very green when it comes to like understanding combat. But jp you're are pseudo UFC guy. Connor is incredibly precise, throws good, and he moves really well on his feet, and he's not the best grappler. So if Mike, who's a great wrestler, takes him to the ground, wears him out, putting his body on him the whole entire time, for a round, round and a half, make it boring, and then make it fucking.
Speaker 2: Oh this is but Mike should. It's like Mike should be doing that every fight.
Speaker 5: He just doesn't do it, and he's like all the spirit the spirit of fight spirits great, Yes, absolutely, but I feel like.
Speaker 2: That's all of Mike's fights.
Speaker 5: It's like, hey, he should play to his strength of wrestling here now, Like even though uh connor is precise with his striking, he's got good defense on wrestling, Like he would have to get him to the ground, which could be a that wears you out, like trying to take people down. If it doesn't work, it kind of like hurts your gas tank. What do you how do you see it going JP or how How do you think Mike should.
Speaker 2: Go about it?
Speaker 3: I mean the same way everybody else in the world thinks Mike should go about it.
Speaker 2: I know he never will. I do think he'll.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna go for more takedowns than people are thinking, just because I think he wants a massive like slam. Yeah, and I think he wants to add that, so he'll probably try that in the first round and I bet he will get one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then he'll probably in the second round, probably the standout and you can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the thing like for Mike, it could potentially be born because I think Mike needs to wait for his opportunity, like be patient to try to get a take down. Because if you're if you're president, Connor Connor's very good at like counter striking, like understanding. When Mike drops his head, just binking him, he's gonna have to wait for Connor to make me that's that's.
Speaker 2: That's what I that's like good at fighting backwards. Yes, there you go. Yes, that's a cool line I fit.
Speaker 4: But like, yeah, I when Mike's is in the bus and he says warrior spirit, I want to make it a bloodbath, It's like, all right, great, But let's say he does take the game plan intwo, I'm gonna be the smartest way, easiest path to victory as possible. When you start hearing the booze, let's say this in the sphere of them kind of just dancing around each other, where's Mike's mental of being like, yeah, fuck it, I'm gonna have to just.
Speaker 2: Go And he's wanting to be like fuck it, He's gonna go out there swinging out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think even when if Mike tries to wrestler won't be boring because he does everything so violently. It's not like he's not gonna be like I don't know, like some of these other guys that just are no, no doubting.
Speaker 5: But the wrestling to happen, I think it has to happen from like a patient standpoint to where maybe that's where he's sinking because if he if he tries to go after him again, not only are you making yourself more vulnerable and playing into a strengthen connors of being a great fighter backing up, but uh, then if you fail on takedowns, you're where you're wearing yourself out.
Speaker 2: You're wearing yourself out, and that's not where you want to be.
Speaker 4: Maybe just take the d as approach and just slap that front leg for a while. Yeah, just kick that front calf over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like the titanium shin bone failure Mike. Mike has a path to win this fight. It's the impatience that worries me. I mean, I'm sure he's probably thinking, man, it'll be sick to knock him out.
Speaker 5: There's so many mental games. Yeah, just throwing in there. It's like we can make up this uh uh strategy. That strategy can be thought of. And he's like, Okay, I'm a surprise everybody by going in just going fucking nuts. But it won't be surprising anybody if he goes nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair, Yeah, yeah, should we get to the uh twisted question? Yeah, I'm down. It's been a good pause. It's been a fun pose. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Twisted question brought to us by Twisted Tea, the smoothest hard icy out there. It's holiday season, football games and game days, playoffs are coming. Keep it twisted with Twisted Tea. Bring in the new year with the Twisted Tea today. This question is brought to us not only by Twisted Tea, but Mitch. He gets to start off the new year. Maybe he'll start off with some better questions, Mitchie.
Speaker 8: This one is from Ryan Sireki. You're not doing the question no on Instagram. Twisted question for the boys. Would you take one continuous twenty four hour shit once a year or full on shit yourself once a.
Speaker 5: Year, full on ship myself once a year? I think how you think about that? Think about the time you get just shitt by yourself, think.
Speaker 2: About it worked, Yeah, yeah, your legs with your legs would fall asleep after an hour, Like I got twenty three more hours of this, and think about this.
Speaker 5: You ain't gonna be thinking about your legs if you got shit coming out of you for twenty four hours straight, is not gonna hit yeh.
Speaker 2: Think about this.
Speaker 4: Though it's been a rough day, maybe the boys there's a big altercation, it's been long, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: You go home, Ruse yelling, Charles bitching at you.
Speaker 4: Where you're gonna go take those five minutes. She knows you shit once a year for twenty four hours. You can't go take five minutes in the bathroom to yourself, scroll the scroll the phone a little bit.
Speaker 2: Pay it still on you, just saying that this is the part shitting yourself.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, if you only shit yourself twenty four hours one time of year, then there's no that.
Speaker 2: Classic dad move. You're like, I you to the bathroom, will be right back.
Speaker 5: That's a great point. Yeah, but if you just think of the upside of shitting. But you're also talking about the upside of shitting, Yes, And I'm thinking shit my pants once a year. It's like do I get to pick if so? Yeah, okay, if not, it's like that'll be funny as hell. Then.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just on the bus one day and I just shiit my pants, like you know it is, I gotta get out of here. I'll be right back. Yeah, just keep a change of clothes in the back at all times. To me, that's like that's an easy way.
Speaker 2: Sold sold for one Mitch. What's what's Yeah, what's the dub for Mitch? I thought that. I thought that Actually, Uh, I.
Speaker 4: Would say if it's like, woul anybody take the twenty four hour ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with anybody on the twenty four hour ship? And then got swayed. No, I was on the twenty four hour ship?
Speaker 8: Did you.
Speaker 2: Can't play at each other? I?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You saying saying the the uh like takes some five minutes away and have some time by yourself.
Speaker 2: That's what switched me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I guess a good twisted question would be like the ending multiple choices, like everybody walks away like the best I think the best twisted question we've had is the miss every light or make every light or the best parking spot because we've walked away and we all still have our our choices and the reason why we have those choices. But the ship thing, it's like we all came to inclusion.
Speaker 2: Imagine wiping after a twenty four hour No, god, oh I think it's the same. Yeah, probably gonna be the same.
Speaker 4: Clean up right about all the flushing you gotta do because if that bowl get filled up?
Speaker 8: Die?
Speaker 2: Could you could die? You can legit die? Yeah, it placed an IV.
Speaker 4: You gonna have to and then place an IV on you while you're shipping there smelling it.
Speaker 2: Got to eat in the corner with that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and you know, like fifteen minutes from now that thing's coming out of you.
Speaker 2: Will said, it can't be that bad.
Speaker 5: On the wiping, On the wiping, think of how oh yeah, oh the wiping part. Your buttholes open for twenty four hours. Yeah, but it's still gonna you still gotta wipe it the same. You canna be raw, oh do you?
Speaker 4: Because you're wipe in between ships because you have to flush, right, it's gonna be just.
Speaker 2: Sit and flush, you shit, the courtesy flush.
Speaker 4: You have your asshole, all your has been worked once and then your essentially feeding ship through your asshole, rubbing against it. You're you're talking about, but no, it's you're talking about now, you're talking about blood.
Speaker 5: But I'm assuming in this hypothetical situation that my body is built to do that. If I'm only shitting once a year, like I say, okay, here it comes, Yeah, I got to loosen up and know it's how to work.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: I guess you would be right, because if your body wasn't built for that, you're legit dying the first time it happens.
Speaker 2: You might be dying if you never ship for the other three hundred and sixty four days. That's correct too. I think like a one time, one time dispense, At least that's what it sounds.
Speaker 5: I think he's trying to make it seem like, but you just get all your shitting out of the way in one time, which I don't think. There's when you said that that that to me is like you get the upside of shitting every day, sometimes a couple, sometimes three. You ship three times a day, you get that looked at. I think you'd rather swallow is free. I think two's healthy. I think two's healthy. I think three is fine. But you know it ain't coming out solid. Is it always coming out solid?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe? All right, maybe he is good. Maybe I'm fucked up. Yeah, maybe I need shit more.
Speaker 2: I know I'm fucked up.
Speaker 8: Once in the morning, after lunch, and then after dinner.
Speaker 5: See, I'm usually once in the morning and then once in the late afternoon or early evening whenever I'm finding that moment if I'm picking my shot. Okay, So all right, I gotta go to the restroom. It's gonna be a minute. Well you don't get that with twenty four hours? Yeah right, yeah, do you need that?
Speaker 2: It's your time. It's for you.
Speaker 4: You guys, really wrap this thing up. Yeah, for those of you who stuck stuck around for this long. Next week, I believe I'm correcting saying this next week there will be a new addition of busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: I don't know. January sixth, I think it is the first day. What are we doing, craft Designer? Oh, I thought you were saying we're going on the Capitol? Yeah, well bro six six like the boys are all we're all yeah. Holiday now that's Bud Holiday for bus and it's on our calendar.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey, best year yet? But be the best year yet. New graphic designer coming on board. Shout out is Connor Cooper. You called them Connor on our interview though.
Speaker 5: I think you just called him Connor, didn't you.
Speaker 2: I said, Coop. Yeah, I gotta, I gotta honor Stallion Connor. Stallion's joining the bus. We would have information on all the other podcasts. I wonder what he was doing during that game yesterday? Was heah, you lying live streaming? You know he's you know, he has so funny. You know he had an ear piece and that's awesome.
Speaker 4: All right, boys, bake hugs, tiny kisses, get the merch. Subscribe unsubscribed. We are gonna out do twenty twenty three. We love you so much.
Speaker 2: It's all because of you, see you