Speaker 1: Hey, guys, it's a Separation Anxiety with Larsa.
Speaker 2: And Marcus hashtag Larcus. Hi, guys, I'm Larsa Pippen, I'm on the Real Housewives in Miami, and.
Speaker 3: I'm Marcus Jordan, the CEO and founder Trophy Room. And we're here for our first episode of our podcast.
Speaker 2: And what's it called then, Separation anxiety?
Speaker 1: Separation anxiety with Larsa and Marcus.
Speaker 2: I love that we sound so cute with that.
Speaker 1: I love it too.
Speaker 2: You know, when I think of like separation anxiety, I kind of feel like that's where everyone should be, Like, if you love someone, you should miss them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, you know, for us, it's because we compliment each other so well when we're together that you know, when we're not together we have separation anxiety.
Speaker 1: It's like we want to get back to each other exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm missing a limb without you, right.
Speaker 1: It definitely feels like it's something's off when I'm not with you then.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of why we wanted to share our life with you and talk to you a little bit about our separation anxiety.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, there's a lot of chatter about our relationship, and so the podcast gives us a platform to kind of put things into our own voice and our own perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I feel like being really open and telling our truth, you know, for sure.
Speaker 1: So starting with that, how did we meet? Man?
Speaker 2: So we met four years ago in La We were at a party and I was with Fat Joe, Lorena and a bunch of our friends, and I guess someone was texting with you and they said, hey, we just got here, and you said, okay, I'll come get you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: It was a party where Jordan Brand was hosting, and I was kind of like in the VIP area, and anytime there's an event like that, I kind of like to be the liaison for people to kind of you know, get close to my dad, get in the top secret section. And so I think it was either Joe or DJ Kella that texting me and was like, hey, we'd love to see pops. You just happen to be with them, And so I finished the way for everybody to get in, and I don't know, I just felt like even at that point, like you know, we hadn't really hung out yet, we were just meeting, but like I just found myself staring at you across the room and like wanting to talk to you and get to know you more. But I just feel like we didn't have that opportunity. We kind of said hi and by and just kept it moving. But we kind of, like, you know, kept in contact after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we started talking be a text and on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And plus we've got a lot of mutual friends, you know, And so every time I would be in Miami, we would not say, Hey, you know, I'm in town.
Speaker 1: What's you up to? Where you at tonight? You know? And I feel like it just kind of gradually happened over time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, it's crazy because I kind of like thought you were like my homie for a long time. Yeah, And when I would talk about you, I would tell all my girlfriends. I'd be like, you have to date Marcus because he's hot, he's smart, he's cute, Like he's amazing, and I feel like, you guys like one of my close friends who date him. Now, you know, if I'm like you, I thought really highly of you for me to tell my friends, like for sure, because I didn't want to smoke.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think it was a thing that just happened over time. Yeah, and I'm glad it did, because we started off as friends. I don't think either one of us really pictured a relationship like we are now. But I know, you know, I'm thankful and glad that they have.
Speaker 2: I know, same same. But I will say that like when we first started hanging out, I think we were literally just friends, and someone took a photo of us and it was everywhere and people thought that They're like, oh, they're denying their relationship, and I was like, we're just friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I think you know, we've talked about this before, but like, timing is everything, and I feel like, you know, you were at a point in your life where you weren't really you know, looking for.
Speaker 1: A situation like this.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, I was doing my thing in Orlando, trying to start my business, hanging out with all my boys, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So you know, I just.
Speaker 3: Think that the stars aligned, the time was right, and you know, we haven't looked back since.
Speaker 2: Nope, not going back in time.
Speaker 1: So who made the first move?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 1: I beg to disagree.
Speaker 3: I think you know again, I was looking at her across the room, but we were looking at each.
Speaker 2: Other for sure, But is that the first move looking at each other?
Speaker 1: No, you know, I don't I think that's the first move.
Speaker 3: But I definitely i'd say I made the first move because I do remember going on a trip to the Bahamas taking a big group of friends hit you with a DM just saying, hey, look, you know we're going to the Bahamas. Up, going to come. It's gonna be a good time. So I'd say that was probably the first move.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. I feel like a lot of people don't know that I could never really put you under your name on my phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't find out until we started dating either, So.
Speaker 2: I had you under Mark Jacob. Yeah that's like I don't know why I had you under Mark Jacob, but like that's what I had you on my phone because I didn't want anyone to know when you would call me, like just wanted it to be very like.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like when we first started dating, it was random, like when we would talk, it'd be like I was going on a trip, I'm coming to Miami, or you know, somehow we were going to bump into each other. So you know, that's that's kind of funny that I was stored under Mark Jacob so funny.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I feel like that was the very beginning. You invited me to the Bahamas. Yeah, and we were still friends then, and I was like, yeah, I know, you're taking a bunch of people. How fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I just I feel like there was just always a scheduling conflict and so we you.
Speaker 2: Know, I feel like when you would come to Miami, I'd always be in La too. Yeah, a lot of times and you were like, hey, I'm in Miami and I'm like, oh, I'm already in La right, And I just.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know busy schedules and all that stuff, and so, you know, a lot of our foundation was built through face times and like texting and stuff, so in calling, I think that made it easy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were I feel like we knew, we knew all of our flaws beforehand.
Speaker 1: Is it fair to say, yeah, well, I just think that we knew we got along. You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like sometimes when you're dating somebody, it's like the first it's.
Speaker 1: Like ninety days.
Speaker 3: You know, you got a first ninety day trial period where you're still feeling each other out, and you know, I feel like Ours was a more gradual, you know, learning of each other.
Speaker 1: So I feel like it's better that way.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, I agree. I liked it. I like the way it transformed.
Speaker 1: And so how did we finally get together.
Speaker 2: You texted me and said you were coming to Miami, and I said, oh my god, I'm here. And so you said I'm coming for two days.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's true.
Speaker 2: And then when you came for two days, you stayed twelve.
Speaker 1: I stayed for twelve days.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because when you called me from the car and you said, hey, I'll be there tomorrow at ten o'clock or something, and I remember telling all my girlfriends we should get a big group together for dinner. And I said, if anybody likes him, he's a great guy, and I'm sure he's gonna have a lot of friends with him, so like there will be a lot of single guys for you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny because I was just busy in Orlando. I've been working so much, and I was like, I need to get to Miami for two days and just hang out, let loose whatever.
Speaker 1: And you know, I was wondering if you were in town.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because it was one of my boys' birthday also, so we did dinner as a group at Chipriani, and then I had to jet over to my boy's birthday, and I just remember telling my best friend Ali, like, please don't let me get too drunk, like obviously we were going to meet back up later that night I Lived, so I was like, don't let me get too drunk. I want to make sure I, you know, get back to Larsa, have a good time, you know whatever, whatever, And then I just remember, you know, when we got there, I feel like you had some drama on. You're in too, because we walked in, Oh I did. We walked in at the same time, but you were like handling something on your phone and alarm was going off or whatever, and so I don't know, it was just bumpy to start. But then I feel like there was a moment in Live where it was kind of like, all right, we're having a good time, we having fun.
Speaker 1: This could work.
Speaker 2: I know, it's kind of crazy, no, you know what. I don't know what it was, but I felt like at dinner I kind of was looking at you like, God, he's really cute. And then that night it Live, I kind of felt like, no, he's hot, of thank you, and then it was just kind of like I never viewed you like that before, just because I figured like this was like off limits, like it was not something I wanted to go to war for. You know. I feel like you have to pick and choose your battles, and I wasn't sure that this battle was going.
Speaker 1: To be that's true, you know, because we hadn't really hung out in person yet.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I feel like that changed everything, you know, to a degree, because I know, you know, one of the things we want to touch on later in the podcast is can love be blind?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And I feel like we weren't necessarily in love talking on the phone, and we knew we were attracting each other. We wanted to kick it, you know together, But I feel like once we actually got around each other and like realized that our chemistry was like off the charts, I feel like that took things up.
Speaker 2: In that too totally. I agree.
Speaker 1: How long were we.
Speaker 3: Seeing each other before we decided to say something to our friends and family, Well.
Speaker 2: We were in the media the first time. The first two weeks we hung out. I know, there was kind of hard for people like I feel like we were taking getting smoke. We were just friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like, you know, the first article that went out when we went to lunch.
Speaker 2: And it was literally like lunch, you guys, it was nothing else more than lunch.
Speaker 1: It definitely was.
Speaker 3: And I got a couple of texts from like my mom and you know, just other family members, and you know, it's just it's just funny that I think there was a lot of interest in intrigue, even in us hanging out early on.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, happy to start sending the rector straight.
Speaker 2: I know, God, thank God, because I feel like people are calling me a liar. I was like, I promise we're just friends. Yeah, so let's talk about my kids, okay, because I do feel like I don't normally bring guys around my kids. I'm really selective on who I invite into my home, who I have around my kids, because I feel like, for me, you know, my kids are my best friends, and I feel like we ride the wave together and we talk about everything beforehand. But I feel like it was very natural and normal when you came around, because they already knew you.
Speaker 1: Obviously, we hadn't really spent a lot of time around each other. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I prefer to be a fly on the wall and take in my environment before I get comfortable like speaking. And obviously your kids are great and they've been gracious, you know, with me, So I love you. I think it's been it's been great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's like I think when you're friends with someone, I think it just kind of evolves, you know. I don't think like you have to put pressure on everyone in your family and everyone else when you genuinely start as friends, you know, because they already used to teach you guys hanging out, you guys being friends. And I feel like my kids already knew you, like when I would FaceTime with you or call you and I'd be like, ohh like I you know, just conversations we would have. So I think when they finally did get to meet you, it was not like, oh my god, who's this guy? It was almost like, hey, Marc is up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, for sure.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, you know, there's things that we have in common, you know, in terms of like you know, my basketball background, and you know, obviously now with my store and fashion and stuff, I know that Preston is you know, heavily involved in fashion, and obviously Sophia does are modeling and stuff.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I just feel like there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of common ground, yeah, which makes it easier for us all that we around each other.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like hard to meet someone that fits all the categories, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and I feel like we definitely fit all the category.
Speaker 2: No, you definitely.
Speaker 1: I mean you're funny, smart, cute, hot.
Speaker 2: Thank you, so, I literally said last year, I was telling everyone, I'm like, look, I think I might be single forever because there's no one that's cute, funny, you know, we do the whole skit exactly. And then when I, like when you and I first got together, I was like, oh my god, this is the guy, Like, this is the guy I prayed for, because I really prayed for a best friend, and I feel like I got my best friend. Yeah, and there's not like a better place to be because I feel like I could never let you down because you're my best friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I feel like that too.
Speaker 3: I feel like we make each other better and both of us like hold each other to a higher standard, you know, and we don't want to let each other down.
Speaker 2: Totally love that about us. Yeah, so pretty amazing. I love that my kids love you and that you're so like sweet and nice and like fun with them.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. That means a lot, you know, I feel like, you know about that to talk about like dating, dating someone with kids, Obviously, I don't have kids that haven't been married.
Speaker 2: You're a big kid.
Speaker 1: I'm still take care of myself.
Speaker 3: The trophy room is my baby and has been my baby, you know, for the past six almost seven years now, and so you know, that's kind of where I've focused all of my energy. Yeah, I think that'd be a great topic for us to talk about, is dating someone with kids.
Speaker 1: You know, Again, I.
Speaker 3: Said, I always prefer to play back seat, you know, a back seat role. But you know, there's some guys out there that would you know, take a different approach or if your children are younger, you know, maybe then you know you need to be around or are more influencible or something like that. And so you know, what do you think, what do you see in your experiences with you know, your friends who have kids who are dating. Obviously, you have a couple of friends who are doing you know, right now.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think it's hard when you have kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I've dated. I dated too guys with kids, and it was not a good experience for me. Really, No, it was not a good experience for me because I.
Speaker 1: Felt like, how old were the kids?
Speaker 2: They were like seven and like.
Speaker 1: Nine, Okay, so that's still pretty young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just was not It's just too much work, I feel like for guys, because guys don't know how to manage your time as well as women. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's a fair asist, and.
Speaker 2: I feel like guys deal with it's just hard to like manage when you're like if you're in a relationship where your ex as a psycho and it's like the person's putting a lot of pressure on you, and then you're putting pressure on the new relationship. I don't know. I feel like that sometimes is like too much smoke, Like I can't deal with that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I definitely feel like it's different dating someone with kids, like from the male perspective versus the female perspective. You know, I feel like as a woman, maybe you have to come in and you know, take over more motherly duties and tests, whereas.
Speaker 2: I feel like most men, you're watching the game.
Speaker 1: You're sitting back and kind of going with the flow and most self.
Speaker 2: Then Yeah, I think you're right. Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: At least that's my role.
Speaker 2: You know, you're real. Is great, you have the best roll. You come and watch games, and we ordered dinner. When dinner it's like movie night exactly. It's easy stuff.
Speaker 1: I think you kind of touched on it earlier.
Speaker 3: It was like knowing that you were at a position earlier when we first met that you didn't want to take on all the smoke and so not all the smoke, but like you didn't I guess you framed it that way, like there might have been smoke with us dating. Obviously, there has been a lot of interest.
Speaker 2: I do want to say this. I I you know, I totally forgot to talk about this, but I feel like a lot of people thought that we knew each other our whole lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that definitely was a.
Speaker 2: Like I threw your like fifth birthday or something like, I don't know it, just like I'm like, no, by the way, I never met you before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, you know, that's one of the things that I've had to like try to restrain myself from commenting to on social media, just because like it's the most common thing people say. It's like, oh, you used to babysit me, or we knew each other when I was real.
Speaker 1: Young or whatever.
Speaker 2: By the way, you're not that much younger than we just seen.
Speaker 1: I know, I trust me.
Speaker 3: I know I'm just kidding, but yeah, I just think that, you know, it's funny people that don't know or that I'm misinformed, you know, obviously make assumptions, and so, you know, again, thankful for this podcast because it because it's an opportunity to set the record straight.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I feel like, you know, we're both adults, and I did kind of in the beginning, you know, I was kind of skeptical because I kind of felt like, why would you do this, Larsa, Why would you do this? Why would you date someone that you know? Just the families. It's just a really crazy situation to be in. Yeah, and I think that, like for me, I never wanted to be put in that situation, not that I ever cared who. I never had to explain who I was dating to my ex or my exes or whatever. Like, I don't feel like it's anyone's business. I think when you're an adult, when you break up with someone respectfully, like you move on, you do whatever you want, you date whoever you want, and you're happy. And I think the goal is normally, like if you have kids with them, you want the kids to feel good about the situation. And to me, that's all I ever cared about was like my kids.
Speaker 1: For sure, and my parents.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, you know, again, when we were talking getting to know each other, I was definitely in more of a party phase in my life, you know, And so I feel like you weren't really looking at me that way, and I wasn't necessarily looking to do that way because every time I was hitting you up, it's like, Oh, I'm coming to Miami to turn up or as a party, I'm coming to Vegas, you know, come meet me in Vegas from La whatever. And so now I think, you know, just given where we are in each of our lives, I just feel like timing.
Speaker 2: Is everything, you know, I think so too. For sure.
Speaker 1: Did you know it would be the topic of discussion for everybody?
Speaker 2: Well, I never imagined we would be like we are today.
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like it kind of just gradually happened, you know, because I feel like when it first, you know, again, like when it first made the headlines, I feel like we were like hiding out and like trying to be low key, and.
Speaker 2: Then we didn't trust anyone ever we went. We were like scared.
Speaker 3: Phones a camera backing from flashes in the club and all this stuff. And I don't know, I just feel like over time, you know, we got more comfortable with being out there, and obviously I think, you know, we spent some time together during the holidays with each other families, and so, you know, I just feel like everybody once we realize that everybody around us was good, it made us easy. It made it easier for us to kind of step out and do our own thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's really what. Yeah, because I feel like I don't really care about people that don't know me. I really care about people that know me that I love. That's that's the number one thing for me.
Speaker 3: So I guess now it's not a challenge to this day because I feel like we both live in our truths and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're living our best lives, living our best life.
Speaker 3: It's funny my mom says that all the time. She's like, you're in Miami, And I was like, yeah, Mom, what's up. She's like, Oh, you're just living your best.
Speaker 1: Life out there. Huh.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: How do I feel about you being a real housewife of Miami.
Speaker 2: I feel like in the beginning, I mean it's been almost a year or so, but I feel like in the beginning, I feel like you really didn't love, Like you never wanted to be on the show. Can you say that, yes, you can. Definitely you really weren't like wanting to be.
Speaker 3: I just look, I think my upbringing, in my family history. You know, we're very private people. And I tell you this all the time, like I prefer my anonimity.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like oftentimes, you know, just running the store or not being in the spotlight. You know, I could fly under the radar a little more and not have to worry about.
Speaker 2: You can't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a little more. I love that there's more eyes these days. But you know, I don't have an issue with you being on the show. I think it's great.
Speaker 2: It's fun. I feel like it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like you have fun with it, and you know, I think you're the biggest start I.
Speaker 1: Got so thank you you do. Well.
Speaker 3: How do I feel about the other household? I think everybody's great. Everybody's been great to me. Yeah, I haven't had any instances. Obviously, going into the show, there was some you know, some hiccups and some things that were prior to me. But you know, since I've been on the show, I've gotten along with everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like whenever you work with people, you're not always going to get along with them for sure, and I feel like you're going to be in a good place with them, you know sometimes and then you're not going to be in a good place with them. And I feel like right now, I feel like I'm in a good place with most of the girls.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm growing up thanks to you.
Speaker 1: I'm growing up thanks to you too. So what's a regular Tuesday night? Like?
Speaker 2: Well, you guys, I normally cook for you on Tuesday, I know, and.
Speaker 3: You actually did. We had lunch today, Taco Tuesday. Taco Tuesday. I think it's like my favorite day of the week. You're often throwing down in the kitchen and I'm sitting there ready to.
Speaker 1: Eat it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we normally like make dinner at home and you put on and you do put on great shows for us. You were like, I feel like I'm the kitchen person, and you were like the show connoisseur.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I definitely am a TV snob a little bit. So I love to watch a lot of HBO and we'll watch a lot of TV. But you know, one of my favorite things to do is to try to put you on a TV show or a new show, and you know, obviously we binge it until we till we finish it. What's been your favorite show that I've introduced you to?
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like loving Death right now?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: How much time do we spend together and how much time do we spend apart?
Speaker 2: That's pretty easy?
Speaker 1: Is it easy?
Speaker 2: We spend a lot of time together?
Speaker 1: I know, we definitely all day.
Speaker 2: I feel like, when you're in one bathroom, Monama and the other were texting each other. I don't think that's normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we definitely do spend a lot of time together. I feel like I don't think most couples spend as much time together as we do.
Speaker 2: No, because I think most people get sick of each other after the first Like, yeah, I think I think like people fall off after like two or three months. Yeah, because it's just like once you start spending a lot of time with each other, you kind of like get burned out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like, again, we've kind of been touching on it the whole podcast, but we're like best friends, you know what I'm saying, And so it's like we spend a lot of time together, but.
Speaker 2: We like the same thing exactly. We like the same food and we like to go to the same place. There.
Speaker 3: I feel like who has the bigger motor because I mean, we both like to go out, we both like to be social.
Speaker 2: It's a toss up, I know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it varies on a week to week basis. Sometimes you've got more stuff going on. Sometimes I'm like trying to drag you along the stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely have a lot of energy. I always had a lot of energy, But I feel like now like I want to put my energy into things that I know like are valuable. I don't want to just give my time to everyone. Yeah, I'm at the point where I just want to spend time and do things that like are meaningful for sure.
Speaker 1: What's the longest time that we've been apart from each other?
Speaker 2: So five days? I think your last trip to Orlando. Yeah, yeah, five days.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I know, separation anxieties.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, separation anxiety. So the girls are going on a trip to Palm Beach. Really, we had this conversation and I'm like, are your husband's or boyfriends coming? And they said, I don't know. They were all saying, I don't know. I have to see a schedule. And I was like, well, I'm not going without Marcus. Like, I don't want to go on a girl's trip anymore. I don't want to do those things anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, I got no problem going up on beach.
Speaker 2: I know you like to golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad's golf course isn't too far, so yeah, definitely do for that.
Speaker 2: I just will feel better if you're there.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going to make sure I can come visit.
Speaker 2: No, you're definitely going to come visit. What do we in preschool? I'm just saying they're definitely long days, I know, but you're still coming, all right. So I feel like when we met in La four years ago, I wasn't divorced, but I was separated for sure. I had been dating other guys. Obviously, I was in the media a lot for guys I was dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's funny because I wasn't really like I don't keep up with the media like that, you know what I'm saying. I know you from you know, obviously you were in TV et cetera. But like, I just felt like, you're a beautiful girl looking at across the room, and I wanted to get to know you more.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's exactly what. But it's funny because four years ago, I feel like our lives were so different, you know, we were both in a different place for sure. I feel like I was in a long, long marriage, and so for me, like four years ago, I was just kind of like trying to figure out who I was, you know. Yeah, And I feel like when we got together, I really like I really knew what I wanted. And I feel like, in order to be with the person you're supposed to be with, you really have to know what you want for sure. That's like the number one thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, again, I was at a different face. I focused on wild I was traveling a lot, I was partying a little bit, but you know again, I just wasn't in the mind frame to settle down. You know again, I knew I wanted to hang out with you, kick it with you more often, and so I think, you know, again, when we linked up over three years after that, you know again, we were both in different spaces, you know, mentally, and just ready to hang out a little more.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny if people told me that, like you would be with someone that you were just friends with, I never would believe that. Really, I don't know, I just before I met you, before we got together, I never really believed in all that. I kind of felt like you would see the person like in a movie and like be like, that's my guy. I had that feeling when I saw you. But yeah, I kind of feel like it wasn't you know.
Speaker 3: I think I think it was more gradual over time, as we started to learn peel back the layers, you know, and started to learn more about one another. I think then the attraction started. And then obviously I think once we got together and there was actual chemistry as well, I think it made it easier.
Speaker 2: Well, how many days do you think it took? Do you remember for you to tell me you love me.
Speaker 3: I feel like I can count it on on one hand. I think it was like three four days where I was like, damn, I think I think I love you.
Speaker 2: I know I love it.
Speaker 1: You know What's funny?
Speaker 3: Going back on what we were just talking about, I feel like, can you I think a good topic for us to discuss, maybe not on this episode, but down the road is can you be platonic friends with someone of the opposite sex?
Speaker 2: I think you can? Right, I think so. I mean we never kissed, We never like, yeah, we also didn't see each other for sure, Like it wasn't like we were hanging out every week.
Speaker 1: I'm not necessarily you know, but I do.
Speaker 2: But I personally have so many guy friends that, like, I would never and it's like a relationship that's been established as friends, you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's this it's like a double standard, you know what I'm saying, because I feel like for guys, it's a little more rare for you to be strictly platonic. Not that it doesn't happen, because there are cases where you know, just strictly friends, but I just feel like there's a double standard there. To a degree depending on you situation.
Speaker 2: You always think that if a guy is friends the girl, he wants to be with her. But if a girl's friends with this guy, she just wants to be friends with him.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I just think I think there's a ratio to it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe that's the case higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's the case seventy five percent of the time for guys, and you know there's a lower percentage in you know, female and male friendships.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You know what's really interesting. I used to tell my guy friends that I love them, yeah all the time.
Speaker 1: I know, you say a lot of hey babe, you know like that. It's not that I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I just feel like, if this shoe was on the other foot and I was, you know, texting girls hey babe, you know, that might never be something that you.
Speaker 1: Would want nobly, But I do think it's different.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, as a woman, you say hey babe to all your girlfriends and stuff too. It's not like you just said to guys. But I feel like, as a guy, there's never really an instance where I say, hey babe.
Speaker 2: You better not ever say I'm just saying, I'm just saying that's funny. But yeah, I feel like friendship is really important, and I feel like it's it's really important all your relationships. Like I feel like even with my kids, like I try to be friends with them and let them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is something that I applaud you on.
Speaker 3: You're like best friends with your kids, you know, and like you're on their ass every day, you know, knowing what they're up to and facetiming them, and you know in a good way, not like you know, in a bad way. But then you're also you know, best friends with them giving them advice, you know, saying you've been there, done that before, and so you just give them your perspective. I think that's a thing that I admire about you.
Speaker 2: I love you. Think you h no problem for us being together. Right, So I feel like in the beginning, we were both skeptical. We didn't really want to like make waves with the families, the media, with people that didn't know our story and didn't know who we were, and that we didn't know each other that we just met. But for me, I feel like I never I don't really like go into any relationships, worried about what my ex or whoever I spend time with. I feel like for me and any of my relationships, whether it was with girlfriends or my ex or whoever it was, I feel like, once I leave that relationship, I'm like, the only thing we need to talk about is if we have children together, we could talk about them. If we have a business together, we could talk about that. But when it comes on like my personal life one time, move forward, we don't talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I think you know, our paths are different, you know what I'm saying. I think it's something like you spoke about earlier, with it just being like a cultural thing. We both come from really tight knit families. I just think they're tight in different ways, you know, And so I don't think there was ever any hurdles. I just think that there was some shock value to the fact that we were dating. You know, they caught you know, maybe some people on my side of the family off guard a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: Guard it caught both of us off guard.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I get it, I understand, and.
Speaker 3: So I just think that, you know, once people really got to understand and see us together, it made everything a little more comfortable. I agree, Yeah, and I think you know. My parents wanted to see me happy. Your family wants to see you happy. That's all you could ever ask.
Speaker 2: I feel like we all want to be happy, and if they make each other happy and better than why not. For sure, guys, we had a great time. Thank you for spending time with us.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's definitely a f one episode. I'm looking forward to our next episode next week.
Speaker 2: I feel like we have so much to share.
Speaker 1: Definitely got a lot more to share, for sure. This is just a tip of the ice.
Speaker 3: Alright, but make sure you rate, review, and subscribe to our new podcast, Separation Anxiety.
Speaker 2: With Larcia and Marcus. Should we call ourselves Marcus?
Speaker 1: That's reveal on our next show.