Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Tilly and Tanya, Red and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast. Hello everyone, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Happy fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Happy fourth of July.
Speaker 1: And you do your best for Coolidge makes you want a hot dog? Real bad? What's that from? Legally real bad? Anyways? Great work, great shirt for the episode.
Speaker 3: Red white not blue? Red and white? Yes, yes, red?
Speaker 2: Wha?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Whoa? I like when people use their jeans to be the blue.
Speaker 1: Because they're blue jeans.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, nice, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: What what are your so what I've noticed and currently we're abroad. You're hearing us, but we're abroad. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, I'm stateside. Maybe I'm in the studio.
Speaker 1: I've noticed that for the past few years on fourth of July we're always out of the country and it's not but I do think sometimes it's cheaper to fly, maybe because people want to be here obviously for the Fourth of July. But we just be going on trips. It's always our vacation time. Yeah, at least vacation time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We always plan are It's so funny because we plan our honeymoon based on my radio schedule, which is so crazy. But we did, and so we are.
Speaker 2: We are abroad as well.
Speaker 4: And you don't celebrate. You just kind of it's just like a it's just a day.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I'm able to find a hot dog, I'm going to find a hot dog, but I'll send my expectations low. You don't find a hot dog like us ave in Sapain, you know, I'm saying no.
Speaker 4: But maybe you could find like a sausage, a Polish sausage or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh look, I'll look around see what I can find.
Speaker 2: I could do a burger. I love a burger.
Speaker 1: I just love the food that celebrates some more July. Like that if I were to go to a pool party and there was just like hey, I love a grillau like Hamburg's corn or on.
Speaker 5: The cor.
Speaker 1: She's going But yeah, I just uh, maybe I'll get like a little sweater with like a I don't know something. I'm gonna say a Murkan flag, but those are those might be sold out everywhere. Someone said they went to like Nantucket or the like on the East coast and they said Martha's Vineyard, like everyone had the same water with like an American like a Christian. Well no, just like you know, the East Coast has that preppy and all American. Yeah, all that style like where they have like loafer like boat shoes and.
Speaker 4: Like boat like but like like like yacht sea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a lot of American flog sweaters and they were like when you think you're unique with your American flog swater and it's like videos of all the girls with their sweaters. So anyways, it's a little bit about me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I love the Fourth of July.
Speaker 2: In terms of.
Speaker 4: The food as well, I don't really eat hot dogs. I try not to eat hot dogs, although do you know what I do love hot dog chopped into scrambled eggs.
Speaker 1: No, what's the difference of doing that with just like eating a hot dog?
Speaker 2: Though so different?
Speaker 3: No, bun at eggs, at eggs.
Speaker 2: It is delicious.
Speaker 1: You don't like a bun?
Speaker 2: Who eats a bun? This gluten free gal?
Speaker 1: Well, what about gluten free bun?
Speaker 4: You know the problem with the gluten free breads in the United States is that there isn't a good one, Like there's I've had. I would say like few and far between a yummy gluten free bread. So It's like, to me, it's not even worth getting the gluten free bun if it's gonna not taste good.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I just like the texture of bread, so I feel like I would be like happy to have a gluten free even if it's a little less than a regular bun. I just would prefer that over like a lettuce wrapped hot dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let us wrapped hot dog doesn't really hit like a lettuce wrapped burger.
Speaker 1: I do like a lettuce trap burger. But I still, if I had a choice, I'm trying to get the butt. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually when I was in Paris for the can Lions Festival, I walked myself to a lunch spot and I ordered myself a They don't do lettuce wrapped burgers, so just that is digestible. I got and like the most amazing French fries.
Speaker 1: Nothing better, nothing over there your stomach.
Speaker 6: That's how Sabrina Carpenter wrote Espresso. She was in Paris and she wandered over to a cafe and she didn't get a burger, but she had an espresso, and that's how she wrote song.
Speaker 2: You know what else I do when I'm in Europe? I drink milk.
Speaker 3: Wow, milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, there's something to it. People. Yeah, if you have you all been to Europe where Alison can eat the bread and stuff.
Speaker 3: I am so poorly traveled. I have never crossed an ocean.
Speaker 6: Alison has been to Europe, but a long time ago, and not since she's been more aware of the gluten sensitivities. So we're excited to do that sometime soon.
Speaker 1: I'm so curious.
Speaker 2: Has she tried that gluten free pasta that I told you?
Speaker 3: Oh, she's tried it. Yes, Yes, that's a big hit.
Speaker 6: Yeah in our house, happy fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Europe is much better in every way.
Speaker 6: That's what we're getting at here basically.
Speaker 1: Anyways, No, I I love eating you know what I had the other day? Speaking of Okay, have you ever had cereal in the bath? Like eating cereal in the bath?
Speaker 3: Okay, out of a bowl in bath? Yeah, No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Pouring it in the like had a bowl of cereal in the bath. There's something about the milk is so cold because the temperature of the water is hot. It is like the best way to eat cereal. And no one else has done this, so I was just wondering if anything.
Speaker 3: I just never crossed my mind. But I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I like a glass of wine in the tub. I've been like on a drinking rampage, a bender, A bender, yes, I may say a bender actually, but.
Speaker 2: I'm not like getting drunk. I'm just drinking, drinking, drinking.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, yeah, okay, Well, so the honeymoon's my last hurrah though oh we've heard.
Speaker 3: Oh oh my goodness, wow, No.
Speaker 2: It is though.
Speaker 4: It is so because we're gonna start trying for a baby, and I feel like you don't want to be like drinking so much, and so that's it.
Speaker 1: That's that's Will Robbie keep drinking.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not like gonna say he probably won't drink in solidarity. I feel like he's like, yeah, it's not a conversation that we've had, but I feel like when I had my hashimotos, he went gluten free to do it with me, So I feel like he probably will taper it back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you got to create your dream Fourth of July plate, what's on it and what are you drinking with it? Do you want a hamburger or hot dog or shrimp?
Speaker 7: Shrimp?
Speaker 2: And corn.
Speaker 1: No, I'm reading the options here, so hot dog, hamburger or shrimp shrimp? Okay, I'm going hot dog?
Speaker 3: Can do you both hot dog and hamburger?
Speaker 1: Is that I suppose?
Speaker 3: Yeah? One of each? Thank God?
Speaker 1: Do you want to add of hamburger to your shrimp? No? Okay, must have toppings on. You're not having any toppings. I do my shrimp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lemon sea salt. Okay, I go hot dog.
Speaker 1: I'm doing uh, sauteed peppers. Wow, mustard catch up relish, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I love relish, mustard and onions. I love onions on there.
Speaker 6: Burger burger, Oh, cheese, jalapeno, roastedlipenno. Oh that sounds good, lettuce tomato.
Speaker 1: What's a song you listen to when it's time for the Fourth of July?
Speaker 2: Miley Cyrus?
Speaker 3: I like listening to the top Gun soundtrack. Uh, the like just the theme.
Speaker 6: I'd like listen to the instrumental Topkin Topkin Maverick, specifically the one that blends the old theme with Lady Goga hold my hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big one for me.
Speaker 1: I just discovered a new remix of Ain't No Mountain High Enough? So that.
Speaker 7: What remix was remix like, just yes you can, because I literally am like, this is the best mood booster, and I'll share this so that y'all can also listen to it because you're going to be so excited.
Speaker 8: Wow, funky, Oh that's fun. Huh Wow, it's zigged when I thought it was gonna zag That's awesome.
Speaker 1: It does that the whole song. It's so fun. So that's Haley Goes. I'm going to be hearing this the whole time. We're gone.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, when you guys get back.
Speaker 1: We back July eighth, Tuesday, a Tuesday random tooth is so random. We don't really we just go. She had time off, so we just were like pick a day, gotta got it. Yeah, So that's a little bit about us and what we're doing. I'm excited though, because here's the thing. We're gonna come home and I think most of our eighty projects can be basically complete, I think, and so it'll be so fun. I told Haylee because she was like, should we just extend and stay in Europe since we're already gonna be all the way over there, And I was like, we could, but I just spent all this money on this aad, why don't we come home and enjoy it? So that's why we're just coming straight home. But she might try to convince me to stay out there.
Speaker 2: We'll see, so I don't think it's gonna take too much convincing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Phoebe, Yeah, I think about Phoebe.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a question, do you think you'll ever host a Fourth of July party? Yeah? Maybe next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you why?
Speaker 1: It's like the idea of having a like a Fourth of July party, but we're always gone to schedule.
Speaker 2: I know, we you know, we love having house parties, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, astars love about so yeah, I think and we also like we've been wanting to like kind of claim a holiday like we don't really have like our like every New Year's we kind of toss it around, but then we're like, there's so much expectation on New Year's that we don't want to like take that on for other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't recommend that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe fourth of July is the one we take.
Speaker 1: You could take on the Helloween party?
Speaker 2: Are you guys not doing it this year?
Speaker 1: No, we are, But like Hayley's like, let's do the Halloween party and the Christmas party. And I'm like, oh my gosh. Yeah, it's a lot, but the people want what they want. And last year the people were upset that we didn't have a Halloween party, so I think we have to bring it back.
Speaker 4: And we had nothing to dress up for I know, so I have to I have to provide a space exactly for the people to dress up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but yeah, maybe fourth of July will be the holiday for y'all.
Speaker 4: Maybe, yeah, because we love We like it in the backyard, like that's like our thing. And Robbie likes to grill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just giving fourth of July. Yeah, what y'all like to do? Yeah, horn shrimp, grill.
Speaker 2: Vibes shrimp for all basketball the kiddos.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I sent Robbie this guy was doing this Papa shot like the arcade basketball and it was the fastest I've ever seen it, miss one. And I sent it to robb and he's like no. I don't know if he was like I could take him.
Speaker 4: Or so I was like no way, you know, it's actually so crazy.
Speaker 2: While I was gone, so I didn't see Robbie four.
Speaker 4: In total, eight days that's the longest we haven't been together, and like I miss him so much, but seeing how much he missed me was like the sweetest thing. Like he was every day and we would FaceTime like he like you know, like he just feels different, Like it just felt different, Like I could sense that he was like really missing me, and it was so sweet.
Speaker 1: That's such a nice feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really a nice feeling. I've never been away.
Speaker 4: From that, like ever, your relationship started not eight days? Whoa never eight big?
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome.
Speaker 4: I was fine because I was busy, and I was like that's the key. Yeah, and he was fine too.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, but the key is being the busy one. Yes, I'm never the busy one. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you were reversed and like he were on a work trip our home break days, I would have been like bruh.
Speaker 1: Bruh uh. I went to Newport the other day to see my sister, and then Haley went to summer with her family and so we just were a part. Literally I left at eleven am and got home at nine pm and on the whole time. Last afterwards, She's like, I just really missed you today and like, did you miss me, and I was like, yeah, I just kept thinking, like I wish Hailey was here, but like we talked about it so much, and I was like, this is sick, like we are. This is not good. I think, I mean it's good. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I also didn't realize like how accustomed I've become to him like handling all my luggage. Like I literally just like walk out the door, and he like throws everything in the car, you know what I mean, Like he's handling the suitcases.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm like my suitcase was so heavy too. I was like I have to lug this thing around, pull it out. Yeah yeah, yeah, she was heavy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh yeah, no, I'd just be handling stuff like that. See that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gun show.
Speaker 1: Well that's all for now, folks. We hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July. Please stay safe and have fun. Yes, eat all the yummy food and enjoy your time. Enjoy it in the us of A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love you so much. We love you.
Speaker 5: Bye bye.