Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, y'all? What's going on? Brod Radio. He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Heygree is your boy In. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 2: Put up his DJ e f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drum facts.
Speaker 1: This is Drinks Radio. Every day is New Year's Eve. Hey see hope you say it's.
Speaker 2: Your boy in put up his DJ e f N And it is.
Speaker 1: A drink chants, motherfucky podcast. Fg so, And when we started this show, we said we're going to continue with legends. We're going to keep it legendary. And right now we have one of the world's famous DJs, one of the best, world's best producers behind the scenes of touching every you know, top tier artist, Pass has had to go through this man's school, has had to be in a session with him, had to be schooled by him. He's done countless hit records, a sneaker king. Right now we are talking about the legendary DJ Clark can't make some And we also have his the homie who owns thirty six hundred pairs of sneakers. His closet smells like Nike, Adidas and New Balance. He's I've seen him on Enter the countless times. A lot of people call themself sneaker kings, but nobody's a sneaker king like my man May.
Speaker 2: He's in the building.
Speaker 1: It is hot here, goddamn it, it is hot. Goddamn this is this is a dream, champs is we are hip hop.
Speaker 2: Remember old D and D studio.
Speaker 1: You do not have to explain.
Speaker 2: D and D never had a C.
Speaker 1: I don't remember D and D. I have a C. I don't think it ever did. I don't remember having Uh what is it called the termite?
Speaker 5: People like exterminating either. They never had exterminated D D. Big up Premiere, God damn it for keeping hip hop hip hop.
Speaker 1: We just had Premiere and p Rock on here. But before we get into here, we started this thing saying that we wanted to keep legends and hip hop alive. Today marks our first episode we ever dropped March twenty fifth. We don't know when we were dropping this episode, but March twenty fifth was our first episode. We hardly didn't know what we were doing. But you with my boy too and with our boy? Was that with Joe? That's right, boy, that's right after you call Joel? Is that? Look? Cluk, this is how this is how they pour in, Barry, you're getting that rich. Make sure you get that good slow motion. This is how they pour in and Bowery be seen. I'm holding to be seen. So clak, I want you to take us to the beginning, at the beginning, what of the career, Like, what did you did?
Speaker 6: You say?
Speaker 1: You don't know him? Right now? You like you like me and like right now I'm interview worried. It makes sense, it makes sense, so listen, So did you start as a producer first? Oh, you started as a DJ? DJ? I'm a DJ first, thousand percent, Like I'm I don't even know, Yeah, yeah, I'm a DJ first. That's it. Everything that I do is based off of me being a DJ first, Okay? And who was the person you looked up to as a DJ? I would probably, if I had to say the most, I would say Larry Levan. But but before that, the first person I actually would say I looked up to as a DJ or I I looked at him, went like he's the guy with Grandmaster Flowers. What's wrong they gonna say, master Flies, my Grandmaster Flowers, Grandmaster Flowers. Yeah, I never heard him. I'm thirty nine years old. Yeah, he's he's the legend in Brooklyn. Wow, he's the guy big up Master Flowers. Yeah, I mean, rest in peace, Rest in peace, sol clawed. You got to meet Biggie early on? Yeah, what was that like? It was cool because you have to remember, all of his ogs was my man's on and and uh and just and all of the guys that were older than him. We're so we got to do with toast man, toast to you for surviving this nasty ass game for as long as you have been and out here still relevant, So salute to you. Continue the big go ahead. Yeah, so all of his uh, his o g's was my man's. Yeah, I'm a little I was. I'm older than him. I was older than him, and I was also always around poppling them. So meeting him was I knew he was a dope MC that there was nothing confusing about it. Now, you met you met him early on? You met him, I met him days? Yeah, I met him then, Yeah, I met him earlier, Okay, and earlier than the regatars, like when he went to was on the corners just and he was when he was on Stretching Noye, I mean Stretching Bo like I knew who he was at that point. Now, what, Scott's the limit?
Speaker 2: You did that?
Speaker 1: Yes, I did. That wasn't the first joint you did for Big right, that would be the first joint I did. That was his record, but he was on Junior my Fair Records. I executive produced the album with him. We did that together. Okay, we're gonna go back to that. But Scott's the Limit one of my favorite bigs, Thank you, brother, and today is twenty is after that? Yeah right, and that's makes a noose for that.
Speaker 2: Anybody spoken.
Speaker 1: It is not be doing on drink Champs the cameraman even with that horn. I'm a joke your man with the horn. I'm just show me. So Scott's the limit. Now Big calls USA, he wants to beat Buff calls you or how does this happen? We were on tour. Okay, then he goes, let's start. He wants to make records for Junior Mafia, and uh, he goes someone we come back when we go home. When we come back, just, you know, bring some music. So I brought some music and it was on the bus and we were going through tracks for Junior Mafia and he heard it and he wanted it for himself. God's a limit. Yeah, and then and then I went straight to the studio. No. Actually, like I said, we were working on Junior Mafia is the idea to Junior Manfia's album. We didn't even like have a really set plan that this was going to go down. It was I want to make an album on Junior Manfield. Mister Lee, what's up man? We recorded there's no simple lemonade just gut it. Talk is very Hollywood. We got to get him simply lemonade. This is this is no. But you don't got simple lemonade with just lemonade, man, Just just lemonade in Fiji water, please, Fiji water with the red top. No, no, got So that's your man who was driving.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 1: He's so you do discot's the limit. Like I said, he was on we on tour and I brought him some music back when we was going. When we went back on tour and he heard it, he said he wanted it, and I thought he actually was saying he wanted it Virginia Mafia. But then I figured out, or we figured out, that he didn't want a Virginia Mafia at all. He wanted it for himself. And uh, I kind of was like, well, you can't have it because one I had given it to what Yeah, it was, it was. I did tell me that. Damn. I remember him telling me. You know, it's crazy if a story involves you me and you never called him alive. Yeah, I know, come on, that's very true. It's very true. It's very true. I'm never a thing about it. Come on, come on, Poppy, But you don't cook as Vandamania. Don't turn the corner. You're gonna start repping. You were fabulous' you're gonna make y'all your name is probably you know this not no, that's right, let's make some noise for that. So was you there when Scott's the Limit was recorded? Half of it. I recorded the beat and then it went to it went to what you call it. It went to to Puff's studio, and then it came back with the vocals, and and then it went back again because he was like, he's gonna put one twelve on it because he had did the hook by himself at first, and then it went back to GET one twelve and then it came back to the studio where I was at that mixed it. Wow, but he was there for the mixing and he was so now let me flip and bounce it on. You also knew Tupac as well, Yeah, you knew early Tupac. Just describe that, like, describe the difference from early Tupac to the Tupac that you know people know that Digital Underground. Yeah, well, I mean, you know, in Digital Underground, he was being who he was in Digital Underground. He was dancer sometimes rapper and hype man. You know that's I mean he was. He was a happy to go like he got all right And did you meet the death Row Tupac? Yeah, I mean yeah, yeah, let's describe it. I know you're talking to me like he's looking at me, like look at you know, but no, listen, change from death Throat he changed after the incident with the cops. I think no, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, he definitely.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a change. What it was. It wasn't the change that I'm asking Clark, you know what I'm saying to change, like from Digital Underground TUPAC to death ro Stick changes changed because you're you're you're you're skipping a whole section of when he made records, Like he made records before he became death Row. You know what I'm saying, Like Brenda's got a baby. Holler if you hear me. Like you know what I'm saying, Like he was making records that were socially socially good and relevant. You know what I'm saying, Brendan's had a bab Brenda's got a baby is like amazing, you know what I'm saying. So there was some things that were happening way before he became death Row and he was being he was being a rapper. You know, they say that that bishop changed them. Some people would say that a lot of people would say that. I mean, but he was acting in that role and they say he stayed bishop after that. It's not that I think what he what he surrounded himself kind of like the people he was around. I think the people that he got around kind of let him fall into the bishop character. Maybe maybe, and then he was trying to emulate the guys he got around, probably right, you know, I mean, and then you know, I mean, if if you got tough guys around you, you might try to act tough. What's Clark Kent's favorite time in hip hop? My favorite time in hip hop? Yeah, and hip hop or rap? That's that's so I would like that question. Then my favorite time in hip hop is the whole forty five years that has been happening, you know what I'm saying of hip hop? Yeah, the whole life of hip hop is my favorite because I grew up in it. I'm a part of it. And like, I don't think it's it's it's anywhere close to done. It's a culture. It's the culture and the way that we live. Culture is a way of life, you know what I'm saying. Like, rap isn't a way of life. Rap is a music that lives within the culture. So it lives within the way of life that we live. So if you ask me my favorite time and rap is when niggas could actually rhyme, like what times period we talk would have to say, I would have to say from from the message from the message to I don't know the best rhymers were around in the nineties, but I mean when you heard the message. It kind of changed what people were willing to speak about. And the funny part is that verse that Mellie Mel said in the message is on Melly Mel's first record, and nobody caught that. Mellius ever, Yeah, I thought everybody knew that though, But it's on super wrapping is more but no state of mind, blind to the ways of man. It's on the end of super wrapping. And then and then to use it on the message again, did you see Melly Mell on the we showed recently he said he's better than jay Z. He got to relax. I mean, he's better at jay Z doing what you know what I'm saying. That's a good question. Oh you know what, when people say things, you got to ask them in what context? And you know what I'm saying, because I can say I'm better than jay Z. And then and then the problem is most people will walk away thinking the fuck is he talking about? He can't wrap? Instead, I can go get DJing. And then what you're gonna say is he gonna say good point. But I don't think you can't saying a great point. You know what.
Speaker 5: Melly Mills also, I think old body build up. Yeah, but he ain't take my fighting. They were talking about what did fight didn't have to do about it?
Speaker 1: I mean just automatic thinking, like you know what I'm saying, Like, but I think that's dope. I think that as long as you're MC, you should think that you're you're you're the best. Sometimes you got to have reality hit you, like you know what I'm saying like, Well, MC shouldn't have reality hit him. Rappers should have reality him. Okay, come on, get your camera, man, Come on, man, while you what it's right? Great, shut down, fast and furious. So maya. What is your favorite time in hip hop? Oh man? Late eighties the nineties.
Speaker 6: I mean I go back and I was, you know, I have my hands in clubsos back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was one of the.
Speaker 6: Many guys that had a little taste of club essos.
Speaker 1: Back in the day.
Speaker 6: So you know jay Z twenty two tools club essos.
Speaker 1: I remember one of my dudes from left right, they had a chick and jay Z and Big came in that night and they took my man's chick in the club, and that what happen. That what happened, and.
Speaker 2: They came in with just them too.
Speaker 1: It was just Jay z and and Biggie. I was like, damn, Like, well, we should have jumped them as here's a thought, here's a thought if they walked in and took this dude's chicken, wasn't it was like a bitch. They just met at the club and still but still, you know, we gigged doing this nigga for weeks.
Speaker 7: He probably just that was big and Jay, I mean that that movement was was that what's that movie?
Speaker 1: We got a c we gotttle open another bottle?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 1: She was up. It should have been crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that Club Essos movement was crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, you had Jay with the twin tools, Maria Davis Man Wednesdays. That was one of the illest parties we ever had. You know, Maria Davis Every Wednesday was legend. I was a legend every party. I'm one of the few guys that seen Clark about thirty five battles and couldn't walk out the club. I've seen Club about thirty five bottles and couldn't walk out the club trying.
Speaker 1: He's been one of the greatest DJs on the planet. Brother, And we're not gonna argue, and we're gonna respect that tonight. But ahead, man, I'm.
Speaker 6: Sorry now, Junior, my feet shot uh to give money video money. Part of the give money video was shot a club, so and that was cool. I mean they just walked up to the club one Wednesday afternoon with a couple of dollars and was like, yea, we shoot for the who day. Cool, let's make it happen. So, you know, to see ship like that happened all the time was crazy.
Speaker 1: But I mean, how did you become a sneaker king?
Speaker 6: I've been doing this since I was ten years old.
Speaker 1: Man, collect this sneakers.
Speaker 6: I got into sneakers when my moms bought me a pair of skippies. Man, you know the skippies there dollar ninety nine. So it wasn't a skippy really, it was a shoe called the Mark five. And my government name is Mark. So I thought I was the coolest mother fuck on the planet because I had my name on the shoot. I went back to the block, got laughed off the block like now you wearing Skippi And after that whatever I had to do. What I was robbing money from my grandfather sweeping floors to buy sniggers. It started from there, at ten years old, I bowed that shit would never happen again.
Speaker 1: And then you, Clark, how did you become? Because I'll tell you what one of my boys right now, like you know, because we'll be saying college and fat Joe is cheating, like we said Claud got a Cheatko too. Like when I asked my boy, my boy said, he's probably the only guy in the world that could tell Fat Joe and DJ college to relax. My boy said, respectfully, it's probably true. But if we say Cali, yeah, the dance would be yes. There's no argument to that. He could say that. You know what I'm saying. With Joe, it'll be a you never know on any day. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I went to high school with Joe, Like Joe, my lunch room was fat lawing us.
Speaker 2: Wow what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So, but I want to Joe went to Morrows for a year and of course he got kicked out and not enough and I'm a little SOLDI you got to t chain and I don't I know Joe for a long time.
Speaker 2: I got a let the rest.
Speaker 1: I got a let the rest.
Speaker 6: Salute the one year yes, you know, and on your one year show when Joe was talking about sneakers.
Speaker 1: My name mentioned later here, yes, yes, yes, that's what they ain't got mentioned by Joe. Yeah, and Joe, if he's being honest, he mentioned me too. I know he did say. Yeah, he says you and look at why bring with you? Yes, and you bring the other sneaker. This is this is real ship. I don't think you've never been on the podcast. No, yeah, that's crazy. You know we got actually we're doing a podcast on Joe about sneakers. So he's gonna have his own podcast called Josher Kicks. I need to be. You need to be. I was going to say, you brother to have your own joint, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like you know, he's gone, okay, like you do that, you gotta be.
Speaker 1: I don't have the no, I gotta try, gotta try, yo. Do you know I've been trying to get Fat Joe high for fifteen eighteen years that I knew him. And the other day he had a tooth fake and we got missed the childs and I'm smoking a vapor pin and I just passed it to.
Speaker 9: Him and he hit it and I was like, I was like, I didn't even say that, but everybody everybody's talking and ship and they act like it's normal, and he's like, he looks at the whole table.
Speaker 1: He goes, No, nobody see this fucking fake. I'm so happy. I just stood there, you know, the basket for eighteen years and you never want the damn my life never spoke. We never tried it once. Yeah, and I thought it was orated, it was overrated. I traded, tried it once, try it again, Right, you're trying to make me try again. I know you got to get that money tonight. But now let's let's stay there on a sneak of things. So how did you start this fetish? Like you know what I mean? When because you like the first guy to have a pair of knights, the first DJ. I know, I don't know if that Zagger I would say about Beato had him, but like he's not, he's not like considered the DJ the way I'm considered the DJ. So I mean, I guess with a release, the first guy with the release would probably be either me or Bobido. Yeah. Wow, when it comes to the rap game or whatever. The DJ thing definitely. And is it true that you you try to wear just one sneaker every day, like different since two thousand and four. Since two thousand and four, every day you switch up a different sneaker. Yeah, actually with my second pair today, your second pair? Just do I dire look down?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't, man, I'm just i gotta look. I got it. I'm light today. Man, I'm like you all, Yeah, I got those. I don't know whether you probably don't have these, but you probably don't have the original. These are the ones that came out about four or five years ago. I ain't got that right. You got the new ones that just came out. Yeah, So how do you keep y'all shit fresh? How do you you were a brand new bass? Look Fiji, look baby, we got you baby, you know get the only nigga that called me so now claw okay, like I was, You asked me about how I was a kid and around my way which crying heights, Brooklyn. The older dudes who had who had girls, No, no, no, no, no girls. We would always like look up to the guys. You know what I'm saying. So if I'm like eight and I'm looking at a guy who's sixteen seventeen, the first thing I'm trying to figure out is how did he get the girls, and we always thought the sneakers looking new. But he was older, so he's supposed to have better sneakers than a kid who's eight, but we didn't register that because there was no fathers around. So we looked at them like big brothers who kind of guided or big uncles who guided, and if they were fresh, we wanted to be fresh. So we just wanted our sneakers new. And that started like when I was nine, first time I made some money, I bought sneakers. I think me too. That's her ship. But I'm not like kings like y'all, y'all like y'all take this ship serious. That's a choice. Because you got the money. I'm like, because you have them on, I'm saying you have the money. I'm the pawn. Don't don't worry. You're talking about the fact that you have the money.
Speaker 2: Relax, don't double back to that.
Speaker 6: When you got that five zs and you signed you want sneakers happening.
Speaker 1: Enough actually went aver Rex sopping text. I went to the fish ship across the street from Stretch on strong ship. Yeah that's definitely, that's definitely the truth. So look, now this is basically shot time. This is when we take a shot of your preference. This is part of the show on every show.
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm an avid listener. Yes, all right, the first half is the com you know what I did?
Speaker 1: I actually, you know, you know, because you're my friend. So I actually look at other interviews and I want to be the exact opposite of every other interview you ever did. And I want to just ask you about hip hop as opposed to just ask you personal stuff. We'll get like to little things, but I want to ask you in general hip hop because you're a hip hop king, and we got to acknowledge that. We gotta respect that I appreciate, and that's what the show is about. I don't know if you know is you know, I don't know if this is the reason why it works because they quote unquote call me a legend, and for a legend to sit on the chair and always respect another legend, I guess that's humbling to certain people. And I want to continue that because for me, you know what I'm saying, Like, I remember Clark coming to the War report session and I'm having a rhyme. My rhyme was like thirty six bars and he was like, relax, like, Yo, this is not how you rhy You can't have that advance like that. You got to break that up. And I would just rhyme. I just never knew how to like, I just I never made a sixteen bar verse at that time, Like it just didn't registered to me. I just wrote until I couldn't write no more, and then that was a verse. So whether that was twenty four, thirty six or forty fucking.
Speaker 2: Too, that, to me that was.
Speaker 1: I remember Clark coming in the studio and saying, hold on home, hold on, you went too crazy. Break that up, And I didn't know how what he meant he broke it up? Had the chicks from s w V come I never met? Like I was? I was mad John? What is that shit called? Uttressed off shruck? But then she couldn't sing Let's keep it right?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 1: Which one? I don't remember which one? The one thing I think it was it was either legally it wasn't. I think it was. I wasn't the main and Coco could sing, but I remembering waiting, I being so disappointed. No, it's not that they can't sing, it's just that it wasn't working that day. No, No, I'm not saying that you can't sing. I'm saying that day that it wasn't working on the song that on the melody, she couldn't she couldn't catch it. But I brought nigga in it. But so describe that, Describe that session for for me, for you. That's how.
Speaker 6: You you.
Speaker 1: You got to get some pretense to the to the to it. I knew you from before, like everybody needs to know. Like it wasn't like I just walked up and I just was like, yeah, no, that's not what you're doing. You know what I'm saying. It was more like, okay, I knew him all the time, and it was your clock. We need a joint. I'm like, yeah, you know my And then Copone went away and I was like, fuck, I can't do it without without poone because you know both of them is my niggas, right, And so then it was like, well, he heard a beat that he liked and it was a decision that he made and he was going to do the whole song by himself, and that's where we got in there. And it was just this forty eight bottles of rhyming and I was like, do it, And my thing was the track was too pretty for him to be rhyming all crazy on it. And I'm just like, the rhymes are fine since you have to move somewhere around, can you stop for a second if you stick a hook in there? I don't remember it just like that. If you asked me, what was that like, I'm gonna say it was perfect because you let me produce, you know what I'm saying. And so he wasn't. He wasn't fighting you on it not. But I think the reason why he didn't fight me is because I was already I had already made enough records for him to go. I trust him. See back in the days you got you got trusted if you produce some records, you know what I'm saying. And he trusted me, and like he was the first producer apartment, because he was the first producer who told me that most producers would just let me run. If you look, if you listen then later no, if you listen to the Bloody Money. Listening to Bloody Money one versus thirty six bars, bro the other one is twenty four doesn't make sense in any.
Speaker 6: Other How did you take that when he told you though like you.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to learn. I wanted to learn. I sat back like a as a student, and I've seen him produce like he said it was yeah, but look again, I think the times were different than it wasn't. It wasn't I'm gonna give you a beat, you know what it was. I wasn't back that we made records to that. But like dudes who never had a record, like who never sold the record, they'll give you a beat and just walk away and be like, yes, go down and face well, what does that song sound like? Or is it a song? Or are people gonna remember that ship or they gonna care later. So if you've made a record, you know what I'm saying, you start to care differently. So I just wanted him to have a song that had a feeling that you when you walked away from listening to the whole album, you might be like, oh, that's my favorite record, that's my favorite record, But you never forget that he made Closer to this Paper. You'll never forget it when you listen to the album, because because it's the one song on the album that's not that's that's that's that's good, that's that's the God. Whatever, that's okay, that's the God talking to us. Go come on, pull some more shots the shots going come can you No? I don't like your heavy hand. I got a cold, so rocking there? Do we wipe this up? You got? Yeah? You got turns hm you know what it turns out? Holds a rock here covid yeah, cod for you. Goddamn you give me my bottleless I forgot this is you? Thank god I changed my playing. That's not I'll tell you. I'm here. Okay, here he's going back shouting puff cold rock. Let's here, big posit for you right there. Damn it. The normal coop ships came up. God, damn it. What is feeling? Shot niggas gave me the filthy ye see shot lesses on them and I'm man, I ain't even walk this shot lessons out there. This is would want something? You know me, you know what my first person in action and you know what I mean. This year is the twentieth anniversary of the war report. Wow, June would be because we dropped at June nineteen ninety seven was busy, so it's busy. This year is real and twenty seventeen, you for like nineteen ninety eight. To me, let's do that having fun. We're doing it all over. But you got a shot, Mayor, you gotta shots right there?
Speaker 2: Who's poor?
Speaker 1: Oh? I gotta pour money for yourself. We don't want to be. We don't want you know what I mean. You're a legend. God damn it. We see what your wedding wing on. I wore mind so I knew he was gonna wear y'alls. You know. So you said you got married. You said, I war minds because I need.
Speaker 8: The shots so my wife. That wasn't I can't.
Speaker 1: Hang over man. That was That was like a kid with you mind.
Speaker 2: That was love city, bro.
Speaker 1: There was a love for cy me. That was love city. God damn it. And we got trolling for clock cancer and motherfucking may Man is happening to you? Gotta wait? Can we get a shot of air conditioning? Oh yeah, he was over here, son. It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Was the air conditioning, mister discussion.
Speaker 1: Buny, goddamn it, trying to fix him. I'm so happy you brother.
Speaker 2: You want to say?
Speaker 1: That's right? Man? The three champs, God damn it. I'm having the world gainst. We celebrated hip hop look at that. Look at that, I knew Clark is a different type of person. I asked him what he drinking. He said, patron. People who drink patron, they like to go to the abits. That's the bottom of the ship.
Speaker 2: I expect you to.
Speaker 1: God damn it all right now, let's go.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 1: Ye. Goddamnit look like at the biggest shot to sea because the DC tour in the house. God damn, you know we love you so Clark to get money beat, I didn't do to get money beat. I'm mixed to get money record. What happened was d J d J E. He's easy. L P. You over that right? No, LP, where are you going right now? I just asking because what's the phone call conversation you're talking about? Ez l P. He told you to turn down the beat, and he was on the phone and then you snuffed him something like, no, I want to hear this one.
Speaker 2: It sounds like something happened.
Speaker 1: I didn't. You know, it's crazy. Soon as you get this shot, don't. But I heard the story. There's no backing off either. Well, just just I was around then, just so you know, it wasn't over me. It was over he was on the phone and and he was I think it was either on just or somebody was saying them. And and then somebody somebody was like he I don't know who said turn the ship down or whatever, but you know, then and then he got hurt big all of a sudden, he got hit with a drummer. Sheine, you hit him with a jump I gave you hit him with the drum machine. Let's make a rump machine. Man. My brother heard about this story. I did not hit him with a drum ma shee. But I didn't. We didn't have a beat. You sound you sound right? Now. Here's what.
Speaker 2: We're taking a little shot.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 12: Listen.
Speaker 1: You can take all the shots you. I'm not mad. I'm saying I did not hit him with a machine. I think, so what did you? There was a rough conversation about the fact that when I mixed the record, and when I was mixing the record, I was taking out the drums that he put on the record to just leave the loop by itself. Why is all the arms for? It's not deep, it's simple. And I think played myself, and I think that's the way. I think. There was a like a heated conversation because honestly, I wasn't even paying attention. I just know it was like now and I was like, what the fuck? And he had got I think he got hit with a drum machine something like that. I wasn't to talk.
Speaker 13: Believe, it's no job, and like every other thing, like every everything you ever mentioned, and like but right now, at the moment, you got in the Brooklyn on like you can't even take the Brooklyn smirk, like you can't take another jot Clark, I got, yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 1: We're celebrating clark Head tonight in the words, in the words of Norman.
Speaker 2: I'm the official porl and I.
Speaker 1: See you on the d J yesterday. You had champagne. You killed the crowd, yo, goddamn it. I'm still proud of you. Still out here relevant to take another shot? Godamn, come on, we're gonna do it. Luke Clark can motherfucking mayor goddamn goes down like that.
Speaker 2: I am not going to the party.
Speaker 1: The best liquor on the planet throw that out there. That shot was way too much, So Clark over again, you did not I did not hit easy l P with a drum machine at all. I had nothing to do. I had nothing to do with it. So you want they want to get off of that subject.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna text you to not tell you.
Speaker 1: But it's all because Easy LP his family as well. That's what I'm saying. It was I heard because you know, you know why I heard that room up because they was telling me how Big was like an instigator. So they so they because I used to instigate ship like Big Big as an instigator. So that's how I actually got that story. But I wouldn't say Big was an instigator. I would say Big was he instigated the machine. The machine just that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm can I ask you about the rabbit you slad? No, it's okay, it was okay you already said that. I'm like, you know you know what you did? Yo. I want to be. I want to be I want everybody to understand this. Nor re curved me when he first started doing the podcast. No, yes, wait wait remember you hit me on Twitter and hold on. I was way later. I want to know because you hit me on Twitter and was like, Yo, we need to get you on the on the podcast, and I went, I don't know, son, because I know you Poppy and you was like, yeah, I forget it. You were back. Yeah, forget it, I said, I laughed.
Speaker 2: I was like, aha, I said don't.
Speaker 1: I said, I don't know, because I know you you roll back. Here's the crazy ship.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm a hot nigga. So sometimes I answered somebody else thinking I'm asking somebody else. You listen, I'm gonna be honest with you. It's certain people that is like so much family to me that it's like you're one of those guys like I did. I don't pressure you because I know that me and you're gonna sure, we're gonna do it. And then I've seen you did rap up. We almost didn't. When I said you didn't, I'm saying I said, I said, hmm. I said, they don't know how to, you know, get it out of him, Like, you know, that's a great pause. It's great.
Speaker 6: They do.
Speaker 1: What they do is what they do. But what we do is we celebrate hip hop. We celebrate moments. Okay, let's celebrate the Poladia. But because celebration, you're trying to celebrate someone getting here with a drummer shet of having an issue with easier, I didn't have it, yo. That's so I'm telling you what actually happened because that's such a classic hip hop story. Because y'all was so intricate in the Junior Mafia album resolutely, you know what I mean. So last year we didn't know that. You need to know that, Like I'm three is my lucky number. So We're gonna do one more shot, you know what I'm saying. But continue, I just want to throw that out there. What's next. The best Panamanian DJ in the world makes some fact, is the best of Minican rapper in the world make some noise as well. My job is to get people who are half la you know, like Jewel Santana. Absolutely not embarrassed, but that's crazy. Always say that I'm embarrassed by that. It's never find lem to you. And she was here. She had to speak English all the time, so when when we came in, we learned English. Now, Clark Ken is the man. This is the smartest thing you internationally knows, right, Brooklyn niggas know you let me, but people in Brooklyn know that Clark is a certain way you go through Clark to get somewhere. People. Maybe these people come to you and they say they got an artist named jazz Old, and jazz Old tells you they have an artist named jay Z. Who was your first impression of that. Well, I didn't get told that, I that that there's an artist named jazz Oh. I knew Jazz because he was working with Fresh Gordon, because Z was down with Fresh Vowdon. He was down Fresh Gordon, fresh from Marshie. No, no, I don't know if any of the sets is just being a questioned right now. Yeah, you can't ask question qualified. I bought guy. Yeah, jazz O was my man already. And Jazzo used to produce Chad who lived up the block from me, Chad Elliott. Fresh Gordon was one of my my, my good friends, and and they used to work together on records and producing other people as such. And Jazz was like, Yo, you gotta hear my man. This is like forever ago.
Speaker 2: And it was Jake and I was in.
Speaker 1: Mind who said you gotta hear my man Jazz. But the thing is like, when you knew jazz, you felt like jazz was like the best thing in the whole world in Brooklyn. He was untouchable. Wow, Like if you really knew and you listened to rhymes a certain way, like he was really untouchable. And then he brings this dude who's as good as him but has a little more swagger to him. But not back then, did you know? Not back then then he had a little yeah that no on Hawaiian Sophie.
Speaker 2: It was already drunk Hawaii.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what he's saying going right now, It's okay.
Speaker 14: It was a soundtrack, it wasn't a sound You got people listening to you, man, we can talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Jazz is like, you gotta hear my man here, his man, his man is light. So when I got my first job at a record a record company, in between these times because Jazz is my man, every there was a bunch of times that he did shows and he would call me like yo, DJ for me at the show, and Jay would be there. So I would get to hear these two rhymes all the time. And I always thought to myself like these like might be the two best motherfuckers in the whole world. Wow. So you know, time goes on. I get this job, I get the job at Atlantic Records. I think at day one and a half, I was like, where's jay Z, Where's Jazz? Where's jay Z? Where's Jazz? I found Jazz first, and Jazz was like, I gotta find jay Z. And then shirt King Fade from Queens. Yeah, okay because he wanted to say that, right of course I did.
Speaker 2: Well, who's that?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know if listens at Jane is one of the shirt Kings, but these name was Punky Fade. Now, shirt Kings was like a very popular place in the Coloseum, more than Jamaica Queens.
Speaker 2: That is like, you understand that everybody from New York.
Speaker 1: Okay, with all due respect, if we're saying shirt kings and he can agree shirt Kings. Anybody who listened to this, if you if you go on Google and you guilt up shirts, get your Google shirt Kings and you'll be learning something that was important at that time, and shirt Kings were important. Funky Fade and Nike was super important than hip hop, and they were a part of the thing that we were doing. They were making graffiti shirts and shirts with characters, and anybody who was doing anything hip hop at that recise moment tried to get a shirtcase shirt. There was a bunch of people who were go to the wall.
Speaker 6: There was a bunch of people we were scaredrus shirts back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there were legend. They were legend like like like like people will take pictures and like in front of this.
Speaker 2: So when we were seeing that in other cities, they were emulating them.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You see any with a big.
Speaker 1: Shirt, We were saying anything hip hop in any other city. They were trying to duplicate ship that we had already done, not that we were doing ship that we had already done, Like we built hip hop and then we let everybody.
Speaker 2: Else saw York.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, well that's absolutely be talking about absolutely, but I mean it evolved in a changed and each city did its own part.
Speaker 1: Of it, but they anything that they did. If we didn't have this foundation and ship that they worked from, there would be no rap, if there was no hippo. I just want to say, I want to say it like that so that when you say, when you look at somebody else and you see it in another city, it kind of has context or another country, it has context that it came from this.
Speaker 2: Absolutely okay cool, but also on some fan ship, what made you?
Speaker 6: And I'm privy to all these stories already because I've been around you forever, what did you hear from Jay that made you say that these two are the best.
Speaker 1: And you know, this is the reason why I want to know what you heard, man. And I'm the same thing as this question, because I remember you talking about Jay when everybody was like, clock, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna make I'm gonna make them tell another story after this.
Speaker 1: One, but go ahead ahead, so like like, so re iterated when he asked, like, what made you see what did you here? Like she was crazy? Because I know, yeah, I know, you and Dame Dash can't really get along because yeah, he goes, yeah, yeah, that's funny you say that, because Dame is really my man. He's my man. You know, he's my man. You know what, he's my man. I can't say anything negative about him. I can't even if I try. The things that I would say, it would be negative between me and him into the world. It would be like, but y'all a friends, So it's supposed to be that way, you know what I'm saying. The ship that I could say negative about him, mayor who's my ace? People would go, well, y'all the friends are supposed to be that way. We fighting don't talk for a year and a half, but he's still my nigga. Like no one would know he was fighting. We'd be something no, no with you. He's gonna try sitting on my shot. I don't care how God so so far for got God.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Wait wait twenty yeah wait wait wait, sit down now, RELs what we're gonna do while we're here. If you asked me a question, on gonna finish the answer?
Speaker 2: What was the question?
Speaker 1: What did I see?
Speaker 2: What did you hear from Jane?
Speaker 1: Why are you fucking interview? Let me live an interview. I'm interviewing. If you don't want to, that's on, y'all.
Speaker 6: An interview, my podcast, interview with that, y'all come on.
Speaker 1: I like to give context to answers. So when I was growing up, when everybody looked and they saw Melle Mel Rap and they thought, this is motherfucker is the illest ship I saw great, I saw Grandmaster casts and I was like, he's to me, he's to me, he's a little iller. See them when time's going on and everybody's talking about whomever. I heard Rock came around when he was eleven, and I was like, wow, at eleven, he was a wild boy. You I was DJing at Amityville Day on King Charles DJ set King Charles, some queens. Where was this at? It was in Amityville. I was DJing. I was young too. I was DJing at Amityville Day no Wine Dance Day. Sorry, I was big. I did both of those. I did both of those days like I would do Wine Dance Day, d jing and and and Amityville Day djay and and I was DJ and Wine Dance Day. And a little dude on the mic was rock him eleven on a crate and he was he was just wilding for a little dude. He was eleven, like he could tell you this story because he knows it's true that it was me and him. But I watched him at eleven. And I was young too. I mean he's he's like what two years younger than me. It was wild to see this dude dj and at thirteen. Well, I was DJing at nine. But I was playing parks at twelve. No games here like barks because people that's not from New York City. I'm gonna do no. No, I mean important was ill the people to everybody back then, like like eighty nine ninety early nine, people didn't really go to clubs they went to.
Speaker 2: This is before even that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and for him to say that, that's crazy. God damn, this motherfucker got me Africa. That's what I say. Home more shot, Let's do it. That's South Africa now, God damn y Michael Pink Pong what that's that's another rock. I just wanted to throw it out there, smoothing back in the world. Oh my god, figg a little water hydrate or something, Joe, because yo Claw, so you worked with Jay. I was given context to the answer, but I got an interview, know what I'm saying. I would look at the rappers that I would seeing. I would I would try to figure out who I thought was better. But see, at one point I realized that what people were looking at and thinking was better was probably different than what I was thinking and looking at was better. I looked at bar for bar for bar for bar for bar, What did you say? How clever was it? How witty was it? And then I decided, if what you said was iller, then the next guy that everybody's looking at. So when people were looking at KRS and whomever, I was like, ignowed a rock him. Dude, he's he's the wildest. And the reason why I thought rock Kim was the wildest is because when rock Him made his first record, rap changed one hundred percent. Nobody wasn't Nobody wasn't rapping anymore. They started rhyming. When rock Kim made his first record. Rock Kien was sixteen when his Reggord cameing out a lot of people don't believe that. Wait, what record? Being rock Him, he was like the sixteen or seventeen. He was like, you have to understand, think about what I'm telling him. I was young and he's younger than me. So he was young when that Reggie came out. He wasn't legal when when My My Melody came out. Wow, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I was think about.
Speaker 1: You was younger than that. Nor he was young. Nory was young when he was doing work when you did the work for seventeen love. Yeah, the first time I met Normy, he's not going to remember because Tragedy introduced me to him, and he was wow. Young. But he introduced me to Poem before he introduced me to him, because Poem was from the projects with him, you know what I'm saying. But when I brought him around, it became more of a oh, I know this nigga. Now I know this nigga, and then it wasn't like I know this nigga, like I want to produce him. I was like, no, Norris, my fucking man, you know what I'm saying. Oh did we take that shot around?
Speaker 2: Was your favorite number?
Speaker 1: And damn this is my nigga. Okay. So, like I said, I saw it when I heard it, I heard jazz. Like I said, when I heard Jazz rhyme, the complexity and the things he was saying, the bar for bar for bar ship that he was saying, I was like, no, he's the best rapping in the universe. Yes, because he was super smart and he projected the smart ship that he was saying in his bars. And then he introduces me to this guy who's instead of being as smart, he's wittier. Yo. When you're rhyming, the wittier ship hits your chest a lot quicker than the smart ship. So you walk away from it being fucked up. Like I pack heat like the oven door, like as many motherfuckers put something in the oven. They never looked at that ship and was like, oh, ship, that's packing heat. This nigga said that shit like what made him so witty? He was beyond most dudes, and he didn't think of things one way, and you could tell it when I met him. The things he was saying, like you met him, was he writing rhymes on paper. He might have been writing rounds on paper then, but when it got to the point where he was running around with cane and all of that, like, nah, there was no but he has to understand. He was getting to the money, so there was no time to put a pen on it. But at that precise moment when he introduced me to him, I was like, damn, he's just as wild as jazz, but he has a little more that other thing. The thing is I didn't know nothing about making records at that point, and he didn't know anything. But we were all young. But I listened and I was like, nah, he might be illed th in jazz. I never said it, but I thought it to myself, like he might be illing in jazz, but not saying that his rhymes were better. But like the way he was approaching his rhymes was a little iller like jazz is a nigga who would say I mont blocked the paper satellite ridium. What the fuck is a mob block? And then when you realize it's a pen, you're like, all right, Jazz, all right, research, Like we can't afford my blanc pens. Nigga, how do you know what is the satellite I Ridium? The satellite I Ridium is a phone that can work anywhere. Like, who the fuck knows, my nigga, But this nigga was saying that shit. So when Jay, when Jazz was saying that shit, I'm looking at him like, yeah, ain't nobody in the world better than this nigga?
Speaker 16: And we had the.
Speaker 1: Rise, we had the canes, we had the care wrestlers, we had everybody. I was going nine, nigga not better than Jazz. Oh, but his man's was his man's turned the corner. Now you see Did you see that he would be this where he's at now? Absolutely you see it? Then, No, I saw it as soon as I got in touch with him, Because what most people don't know is when I got in touch with him, it wasn't so weakd do his records. It was so that we could do him and Jazz records. So that's supposed to be the best best Jay and Jezz, No no, no, it was supposed they were the best period. They were saying the world, there's no world, one world, them two dudes is the best. And that's all I thought, and that's all I cared about. I want these niggas to be the best. Someone niggas hear these niggas and be like, what the fuck is happening in all of rap history? You know what I'm saying. But the records didn't turn around that way, and jazz wasn't around as much, so Jay made more records by himself, and you know, like if you were there, you were like, oh, no, this is going to be the wildest ship ever because he was so nice, Like dude was nice because you know why I say nice? You know why I say that, because like the world like they understood Reasonable Doubt? Well, what was the album right after Reasonable with Doubt? In my lifetime? For one? Okay, Well that's when the world actually like, like I mean, the rest of the world, who was slow? But for you to know that early on, it's something special, you know what I'm saying. A lot of people ask that was slept though I'm talking about like you know what I mean, Like two years later, people was like, Damn, that was a classic. It might have been his, but in context Original Flavor, like where is this all this landing? Just so were landing like him working with Original Flavor. No, you don't understand, Like I was working with Jay before I signed Original Flavor, and it's just that while I was working with him, I signed Original Flavor and I signed the Future Sound, I signed Damon's groups. I met Damon, but I was like, Dame, you need to meet my man. My man's yellow than anything you've ever seen. Talked about jazz. Get talking about Jay because you have to understand what you're talking about, cause that's right. You introduced jay Z rightow? Crazy? Is this true? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like it's no.
Speaker 2: Ho history, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: We gotta go four shots continue clock number now five is five. I'm odd enough nigga. If I go four, that means I mind, it's my fault. If I go for that means my is to go five because I'm an odd nigga. Wow, Like I like being odd. I don't want to be respect that. Where's the bottle he's drinking from? All drinking from you? Is it real? It's real?
Speaker 2: Trust me?
Speaker 1: Please? What I'm drinking, I'll drink what you That's okay, It's okay. Don't look over here with that look. Give you that queen's looking. We're gonna look like relaxed noor and give you the queens look. I can hand clock, but continue. Yeah story you were saying, Yeah, you asked me about original flavor, original flavor, and those those things were happening at the same time as I was doing records on Ja and trying to make sure that I was doing records on Jay and Jazz, and they introduced me to Sauce Money, so it was all three of them. Like, we were doing an album on Jay, Jazz and Sauce called The Hard Pack Pause, and we were doing that. I was working on songs for Jay and Jazz, which was I thought was what it was supposed to be. And then in the middle of that, I was doing j J solo records and I was doing Sauce solo records. I never did Jazz so Jazz solo records because Jazz was a producer and records wind up being on reasonable doubt, the two of them did. It was supposed to be three, but we lost a dat right before Master look at records made man thoughts and uh joint with Bleak Coming Age. Why couldn't I remember I didn't know that. I know you did, cash Man, that's one of my favorite records. I didn't know you did. Come and ask your man. I'm just saying, yeah, but so, But what I'm saying is, are you aware of what I'm saying? Like when Reasonable Doc came out, I knew it, but it was like the industry I'm not talking to understand me. I don't care what the industry was thinking. He still knew. I knew. I was one hundred percent sure. Actually I was one hundred and fifty percent sure. And I used to tell people you would apologize later, and a lot of niggas records, Yeah, it didn't matter what label it came on. I told niggas they would apologize and for sure. For years straight, every time I saw a dude in the game, it was like, yeah, you was right, nigga, that's an apology. You know, nobody wants to tell the niggas was right when he thinks he's one hundred percent produced. Ain't no nigga jazz jazz jazz? Oh yeah, that's why it has so much of him on it, Like you know, what I'm saying. He wrote the hook too. I know he didn't write the hook. He's saying the hook because the record is ain't no nigga like him. When I got can't fuck you bet. The one who's singing that is Jazz. That's Jazz singing that. Oh, by the way, Jazz could sing his ass off Jazz on the hook. Writer, you can get Jazz on right now. Jazz have me goddamn. But Jazz is a real, real ill music dude. You know what I'm saying. He's a producer, he's a songwriter, and he's a rap writer. Like to me, if like a chick found Jazz oh and like sat him down and had to check, she'd be the wildest chick you've ever heard because of the rhymes that he would write for her. Oh okay, that's what I'm saying. Like if he said and shut it down, I'll tak you about the ass you want to go. I don't know I sat down like.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: He's paying the media. He's just coming out of him. I'm sorry, Clark, I misjudged you. I miss justice. So now you've worked you arguably, you've worked with Big, you worked with Jay, I worked with Nori you worked with But before that, there's this kid that comes out called nas Yeah, well you know about that. I would like to hear your story. So what story is not a story? It is the true who got a story about everything? You're a legend, nigga, expect you, nigga, tell me about it. I used to produce most of it. Like the studio I worked in most of the time was power Play in Queen and Queens that talk about you hype you hype on Queens right now? Okay, so that was probably like the most hip hop studio in New York City at that time was power Play. Makes mose of that Our first record I ever recorded as O Poning and Oriega was in power Play Studios. It's called half a mil mill. I got that wreckor you got that record? I got? That was like the first like I have recorded records as Arison Oriega, but copone no copone been home. I had came home and I couldn't reach him. And the first record we recorded, the go have to Go half a mild confused the rapper half a mil no, not big up. He was nice. Yeah, he was that big of Brooklyn Brooklyn. He's on Penalty Records. That was my man. Everybody always hit me on on Twitter and tell me talk about him in the podcast. I'm glad his name got brought up because Big of a half a meal with half a meal with the dead Nights from Crown Heights too well, Crown Heights, Brown Crown Heights. He was on the border of Crown Heights and bed Style. Your you was the official Brooklyn representative. Now I'm a thousand percent is Brooklyn con Spike Lee. I heard they try to band Spike Lee, and I heard you had to shut it down one time. I don't even know what the fuck. Yes, absolutely, yes, yes, God damn ybody come to see him too. I heard it trying to shut down do the right thing, and I heard you had to come up. Yo. Let just goruk.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I made it up right now, Okay. Power Play Studios, I was remixing a bunch of records and that's the place I would do all the records at. And in the next room, I was always large professor, Who's who's my man? And he uh he did the barbecue, live the barbecue, and when he did live at the barbecue, he was like, Yo, come here this record. I'm here in the record, and I'm like, whoa, He's going the fuck it's this nigga And he was like, Oh, that's my nigga. Now some queens, but Nigga and was on it. And I was like and I went crazy too. So I was like, wait, hold on talking because I just don't like the way he's like nonchalant describing one of the craziest records in hip hop history. What's live at the barbecue? He's just saying he was at the session. No, I wasn't at the session. I was at when he was mixing the record. The record was done, and I was log, is my man, you know what I'm saying. He was like, listen to it. So I listened, and I was because I paid so much attention to rap. I was like, who's who's Who's Who's You know what I'm saying, And that's the ship. He said he went to hell for snuffing Jesus. Yeah, Like anybody who says some shit like that, I'm gonna pay a lot of I was like, Nigga said, when I was twelve, I went to help a sluffing Jesus. Yeah, that's nasty. Not continue. And I'm thinking you like seventeen, so for five years after you lived after snuffing Jesus, you nice, you know? But anyway he's dead. Nice herod. You know what I'm saying. I'm cool, I'm good boy, so I'm god. I hear on my hair, on my hair, on my hair, everybody. I'm like, you know how the records l whatever keep going? And then Lodge is working on Ox album and I went into a bidding war between in the Scope because I was working at Atlantic Records and I was trying to sign OT and I was in the bidding war between Atlantic and UH and in the Scope. The crazy part is like I kept trying to tell like, yo, you know Atlantic is it owns in the Scope, so like this bidding war makes no sense. Fuck with your man, And they gave him more money, so he fucked that. So then I was then one day he was like, yo, what about NAS And I was like, fuck, yeah, bring them. I'm thinking where bring them to me? At Atlantic Records. But I'm thinking, Okay, your album's done. That means his album must be done because Ox album was done when they were shopping them, like Lodge was he was. I think Lodge might have been like probably way ahead of his time because he finished the albums before he was like shopping them ship. So he finished he finished Ox album before he was shocking it shopping it. So like the bidding water that I'm in is for a whole album. I've lost Professor Joints like lost Ox whole album. And I was like this, what the fuck is happening here? Yeah, I think he did everything on there. He just just about everything on there. I think Rob Swift might have done the record. No, somebody else might have did one record, but it was it was, here's this album, what you're gonna do? And I was like funk. I wanted. Plus I was on my man, so I definitely wanted to sign it. So the bid and what happened. I lost to Benning War But then I mean even like because he's my man, he was like kind of trying to smooth sh it over. He was like, yo, but what about nos And I was like nas niggas telling me reminded. No, he didn't have to remind me. He put it up. He was he was like got on because he got on. But I'm telling you, like this is a week after he got on. So he's like, Yo, but whatever, big niggas. Man want to get some clarity of things, all right? Like I know since he was a young boy, his brother Yachty, I like, I know his whole fans he was young. Looks. Look at the reason I know him is because of how much I used to be in Left Right and I knew Poppy when he was in the left rack. Make you so when I'm telling you, I wrote that ship on Twitter and was like, Yo, nigga, I know you Poppy. He was like, yn't forget it, so trust me. He was like, we don't need that style, Paris style. You gotta do it like that. I was like, doing it because you know why? This doesn't changed the bottle temperature a right? Man? If I hold it like this, Look my hand is all cold. My hand is all hot. You don't know if I jerked off or not. You know what I'm saying. But you do it like this, we get a new bottle.
Speaker 2: The bottle got violated.
Speaker 1: Look in your mind about it, right, You see what I'm saying. Look, I'm gonna go back. He's like, Yo, what about nods though, I'm gonna bring nods through and I was like absolutely, So he brings them. We're sitting down. We had Atlantic Records, and I go let me hear it, and he goes hear what And I was like, Yo, give me the demo on this nigg and he was like, I don't have no demo. Clock he ain't got no songs right now. And I'm just like I couldn't sign. But the reason why you need a demo because you needed to bring it. You had to bring it there. I had to bring it to my boss and my boss had to hear why. I was saying, he's the guy to sign one record. Understand me. No, he had lived to barbecue and I was trying to convinced somebody off of one record, so like you have to understand, like beforehand, like I was going this dude Nas, this dude can Elly and all of these dudes who were around. I was talking to my boss about it. But then when I was like, he's gonna bring Nas to the office, I was like, Yo, Nas is coming, and she was like, well, tell me what it is when you hear it. Because I kept saying like this nigga's crazy. He said he's gonna snuff Jesus. You know, anybody snuffing Jesus is Wow, he's wild with a dude who's gonna snuff Jesus, even though it sounds a little wild because like I believe in God. I'm just saying, but he's musically exactly artistically. So when he's sitting there, he doesn't have a demo, and I was. I turned and the thing is like, Nas is dumb young at this time. So I'm talking to ok and I'm like, I I can't sign an artist with out a demo because I wasn't a vice president at that point. I wasn't even the rector. I was a manager of Vana, Like I was way low down the tote him pull at that moment. But I was like, dude, like when we I said, we just signed dos Effects, they had a whole album, Like I said, Parish Smith brought me a whole album. So he was like, okay album. Yeah, I was part of that. Understand me though, So every everything goes away and I don't get to sign him, and he starts, he meets searching. Whatever happens right later on Nas makes a record. Now I understand me. I had to talk to him about this ship because it was hilarious to me. He was like, he made the record and was like, NADS wouldn't sign because he just signed Effects. And I was like, what the fuck are you talking about? Nas? He said that in a record. He said Clark wouldn't sign me because he signed Effects, and I was like, wait a minute, wait wait, I was like, that's a free way. No, it's a record. It's on one of his albums. I don't don't get me wrong. I don't remember what it was, but what I'm saying is he said, you know what's You know why I know they said it because no one listens to rap closer than me. So when somebody makes an album, I listened to every bar because I want to know who's nice. I want to start differentiating motherfuckers real quick.
Speaker 11: Like.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, he said that, and I was like, Yo, look, I swear to god, I heard that ship in like three seconds later. I was on the phone with I was like, yo, I remember, but to the office, he was like, yeah, Clark White, the fuck you're asking me that? I said. Remember when he's when I couldn't sign him, He was like, you, mama could He was like yeah, yeah, had no demo. I was like, okay, I think you need to tell him what you're talking about. I said, Nigga just said I didn't sign him because I signed do Effects. I said, what kind of fucking answer is that? Boy? Like, who says, now I'm not going to sign you nas because I signed effects? Because that's probably how he looked at it though, and all all fitness, with all due respect, because it's two times I said I need a demo to sign you. That's why I didn't sign you. So I saw him at Revolt last year. Revolt we was on the vote together and he was like, my nigga. I was like, my nigga, come here for a second. I know it might seem a little petty, but he's my nigga. So I got a petty This.
Speaker 6: Is what.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, are you a gentleman manager? My ship is is that I'm not petty. It's just that I wanted I think I wanted him to be clear because it fucked with me for all these years that he thought something so crazy and I pulled them over as me him Andre, I was like, who knows? He came to my studio. I mean he came to my office and he was with was like yeah, I said remember when we went when I couldn't sign you. He's like yeah. I said, do you remember why? He said I think it was like like, I think it was something with that. I said, no, remember you didn't have a demo and he was like the rhyme came out? Yeah. Last now on the Point Boat Cruise and I was DJing on and I seen him. It was me and and Andrea. I swear to god, I pulled him to the side. I'm like, yean Andre, you could listen to like I didn't give a funk. I was like, do you remember that? He was like yeah. He was like yeah, can't you offic I brought me there and I was like yeah, and I said remember I was trying to sign you and he was like yeah. He was like, I said, do you remember why didn't sign you? He was like yeah, I think it was you know, over the summer, that's if it's I said, no, remember I said I can't sign anybody without a demo. He was like yeah, I didn't have no demo. I was like, that's why you didn't get signed and said, dog, you made a record, saying I didn't. He was like damn man, I don't know, man, I just didn't remember it right. Andre Herrel is standing there going you know, Andre, of course he was. I was like, yeah, who the fuck wouldn't He was like, nobody was gonna sign ups. I was like, this is the nicest nigga around At that point, I'm trying to sign now listening to the bars. Yeah, I was listening to the bars, and I was trying to sign us like before everybody, like before anybody heard a song before halftime. Fuck, nope, you understand me. He got with search later in back to the grill. I'm talking before soon as he said, snuffing Jesus, I was like, I'm in. I'm in. I like this guy. Let's make some noise for that. I feel like we just take it at the shot. I don't know if people are you know what this adds to. Matter of fact, I'm not eve gonna say that because I have a feeling you're gonna go there no clock. Listen. Let me just tell you something. I gotta take a bone the house. I mean to tell you something so you're not gett drunk. If you want to go with you, I don't make a company that it ain't my fault. It's just it's only for looks. The tag of bright now yah, it's only to stock. Yeah, we got to stock, but but we gotta leave it there for for cultural purposes only, artistic cultural purposes, autistic cultural purposes. That next question, So, Clark, you've done everything I want to be good that you sent out the other day and you said Rick Ross album it's crazy, and I got a one hundred per agree with you. But if you have the one hundred percent agree with me, why is there but because I want to say, I want to say, he's this era's version of Biggie or is now I'm not just no, he's this avers version of Rick Ross. No one's ever gonna be any era of Biggie. But what I mean by there's nothing you can say that's gonna fix that, there's nothing you say that. Listen. If you say Cadence and flowed, then that's Rick Ross. You know. If you say bars, then you're talking about Biggie. You don't think we're done. I explained it just now you ain't gonna ask me, don't do that, don't do that, don't do that, don't do that, don't do that. Don't do that. We don't do that.
Speaker 12: Man, Relax, relax, But his albums hard. This album's fire, fire, fire.
Speaker 1: This is, without a doubt, no question, the best body of work he's ever done. Okay, now I'm gonna throw you a curve ball. Did you listen to More Life? Absolutely? I feel like that's his best body of work. We just like that's Drake's ever If you take the singing records off of that album, that Ship hip hop know that Ship is a five mic album right there. Hold on, I want to. I want to. I want to visualize because it's twenty I'm an honest nigga. There's twenty tracks on there. Correct you're saying, I want to be clear what you're saying, because you're a hip hop god. It's like, so you're saying to me, there's two good singing records, that Medieva Beat and the Love all the singing in my mind every time I listen to it, I'm on Molly, this is crazy music. Sometimes maybe feel like I'm on drug. I want to say it, but I like, no, listen, listen. I'm just like some ship and and this is real nigga ship. When I listen to Drake's albums, Drake's music period. I don't listen to him like he's a rapper. I listen to him like he's an artist. And if I can listen to him like he's an artist, I can take every day, take everything. But if you're gonna, if you're gonna ask me that album, if the ship is that's his best body of work, yes, But if you take the singing records over that ship, that'sh It's like that's a five mic album. You're saying he could fit. No, No, what I'm saying is the ship is amazing. It's amazing, yo, and and like other than well you you want to know what's crazy. It's not even about the fact that he could spit. It's about that the records are like a fucking girl, like he made dope records. You know what I'm saying. It's just that some of them singing records. I'm just like, dude, he's so nice. Give them ships away. So you're saying, no, no, no, Understand what I'm saying. When I say and I say give him away, it's like give you another artists, Give those singing joints of somebody else. Give a fucking whole rap album.
Speaker 17: No no, no, no no now now as as a hip hop give an artist album, and as a album, I do actually would like to see a whole rapping.
Speaker 18: Drink because because I don't know, if you heard that joint free, smoke free, smoke free small yeah, yeah, that ship reminds me of a Havoc beat and and and that moment when I heard that, I said, you know what, he's actually tapping into the era of the nineties.
Speaker 1: You want some float, but I'm giving him a new flow. So that was a Havoc beat to me. And people don't really respect that dude the right way. You know why because it's a lot of factors when you look at him. But if you took away all the factors and just looked at the music, that dude is wild. Wow, he's wild. But when you're talking about albums I look at I want to look at him as a rapper because I heard him rapping like His first record was a song with Trey Songs that shit went to Damnar number three or four full Yeah, the ship that was No, I just want to be No, that's not his first record. His first record was a record that was on the top ten on fucking on b T one oh six in Park. It was wild before he signed with Wayne. He had a good record out and it was with Tree songs like you know Trae songs for a long time. You understand. Listen to what I'm telling you. Listen, niggas, do not listen to the bars. I listened to the bars and I travel the world. So I saw him before he signed with Wayne and he had a record out with Trade songs and ship was on BT. I can't remember the ship. Can't ask me what it is right now, especially after four shots even four shots three? Brother, we gotta respect your wish listen. Ask the inn guard and you said fall come on the end of guard and you said four and then we're going. I don't want to go with you. Come on, yeh. I gotta salute you. One year anniversary. And what we're doing is very disrespectful. Why I mean what we're doing drinking no in life. We all we are closing something very could for the podcast culture. Oh god, yeah, pressure on me, putting pressure on me, and we are celebrating clock Camp, Holy ship. Everybody got a relax. We had half masked studios. Let's not forget that. Yeah, you had the dude from the Bronk Nothing bron Patriots. Yeah, he's in town this weekend. Yeah he had Did you did you? Did you? Did you interview him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, we can't. Yo, you know what, I'm gonna be honest. Yeah, you know all we care for the whole weekend. I'm gonna be honest with you. This is one real fast I know what I do when I get a person here. Right, you don't know about him, so you can't really get to know. I know all about him, but I'll get you kicked out of the league. Okay, cool, because if I get your get me kicked out of and I start, you gotta get me kicked out of hip hop. No, you can never never saying if you can get grunk kicked out the league, you might be. I just feel like, I just feel like, you know, we might spice up his drink boom, give him a Molly in there, and just might smile. I'm gonna be honest. You listen, you don't know what I mean. The athletes hit me. It was like, yo, I want to come on the slim and I was like, why are you in the jone? You gotta relax when you get out, when you get cut, when there's a couple of dudes that hit me, that's out the league, and I told him relax. And they on ESPN now and they on all that because if they were to hit drink Champs, I would have gave him that y'all gotta manka buy it ink bomb and they would have been like, y'all, can I say say.
Speaker 2: By like y'all, y'all, let's make some noise.
Speaker 1: You mean that not making sense of making perfect sense. We gotta open at about our champagne because we're celebrating, celebrating Clark Kent Man. Can't you dj all over the world? You got who you got deals with Japanese people and all that type of ship. What is your favorite place to d J at? When you go there, you're just like, this is me. You gotta make sure you get to shape offs in the morning and at this is this is your spot? What's that swat? Probably Japan? I knew it's Japan. Probably Japan, Japan, Like like I really actually I really actually like DJing here a lot Miami. Yeah. When people on Molly well right now this this week, it might not be a good representation don't you did disrespect my molly, people, people, other people.
Speaker 2: You better let you go, Michael Stick right now, I.
Speaker 1: See on snapchat you were killing that ship last night with a bottle of chat Bank. I don't know if they put molly in your ship, but a little bit. I felt like what major of the operative word at the beginning of what you said, But you were killing ship, that's what you said. Killing talk had me dancing last night. I seen you stepping dancing. I see you dancing. God damn, it's a beautiful thing. Clark hit that week. It's not gonna work, but ahead, let's talk about your DJ experience last night. No, I was just working. Uh. I don't know how I approached DJing. I don't know if I approach it differently than much. I mean many, but I do believe that I approach it differently than a lot. I could be wrong. I don't like d jing as much as I love music. So because I love music more than I like djaying, I approached the way that that DJing with a certain amount of care. So you know that's why nine times out of ten I end up sounding a lot more better. Now I'm good, I sound good. Celebrate clock, I can celebrate with from Panama, my family on the look. My mom at least got it. Wouldn't bug you out of I used to be a dude's house with talk about it. I tell you my mother was a she right, so like when like you have to understand, like I'm really Panamian, so we really have my wife is my my fuck. My mother was the vice counselor General of Panama. So like fucking with Noriega, fucking with General Torio's that was ship that we did all the time. So like they weren't. That wasn't Manuel Noriega. To me, that was uncle Manny.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 1: No be clear, I'm talking no, no, I'm talking about I'm talking about when I was a super care like when I was like seven eight, like like she was in government, so she dealt with him like that. Wow, I got pictures. I posted pictures on on the inter at I mean on on on on on Instagram with my mother and it was knocked up right down the street from from Hood Harris did Heroin.
Speaker 19: That never weared thirty third So man, yes, sir, God damn Man's little seeds. Some man, yes, sir, you see this other sneak of people out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who is somebody you sat back and said, I gotta kill these things because you because you're a rapper, because you're not a rapper, because like rap, that's how rappers thad. But you know what I'm saying, like, no, I mean your family, So your battle. I don't know what. Listen, I'm gonna keep it a thousand percent with you. And I don't know if he's gonna mention it. I don't know if he's had enough drinks. He's not in competition with nobody but me, I've been doing you know what the flash it is. I'm gonna take a white kid that Jordan's sponsored people all this ship a white kid and he opened up a museum.
Speaker 6: You ain't see Jordan Gella Yeah, Jordan Yella Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, explain that. I mean, well, he's so.
Speaker 6: All those he sold all them shoes, and he sells shoes and he's not like that's a collector because he doesn't wear everything. He'll buy something that size. Now the side twelve, so I was fourteen, just to say he has it right and that's dope. I mean he got an ill collections.
Speaker 2: There's a difference if you wear difference, I wear a breath.
Speaker 6: I don't wear a brand new pairs s niggas every day, but I wear a brand I could wear a breath. I can wear a brand new pair of sneakers every day for ten years.
Speaker 1: Wow, But I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not clock. I don't wear them every day. I wear air Force three days in a row.
Speaker 1: Then I get rid of it. What about that kid, that fat Joe brother around, the kid from Dubai. Is he no money kicks? That's one day, one day I'm dirty. I'm dirty kicked king. I'm just saying I love that.
Speaker 6: One day you buy I guy, one day he'll buy my collection. Shout the money kicks now. But my whole thing is I've been doing this ship for so long and my this is my this is my this is the ill part. So I'm not a rapper, I'm not an actor, I'm not a celebrity. I'm not entertaining.
Speaker 1: I'm not a DJ.
Speaker 6: I am I am asked no disrespect, brother, I love you clock more stuff that I've been doing this for so long, and I really became famous so for sneakers, which is crazy because I'm not famous, you know, what I'm saying. So there's no DJ, no rapping, no nothing. I'm just this dude from the South Bronx. They've been around one hundred years and been into the sneaker game for real. So before social media, before October fourth, two thousand and nine, or twenty ten, whenever Instagram came out, I've been getting shoes, you know what I'm saying, Like I've been getting shoes.
Speaker 2: No, no, he was selling me shoes way before.
Speaker 1: They wasn't in it. But how's that happen? Though?
Speaker 2: So for me from the so for me, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: He goes so now it goes the whole hip hop element and the whole thing. So I had club essos. But before that, one of my best friends I only have. I got three best friends. Clark is one of them. My man Speedy James Williams. He was in a Nike commercial where they was doing the dribbling with Jason Williams.
Speaker 1: And Rashid Wallace. He's from the Big that got the body Jason Well.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no buddies, no no, no, Jason Wing when that Sid his normal driver, not that I was quite chocolate the ja.
Speaker 1: I can relate with youtand I understand everybody. So he was in that commercial.
Speaker 6: So I got to meet the guys like Jerry Erasmasney, Jerry Rasney, so you know what I'm saying. So guys like that was taking care of me before there was an internet. So like I call him my brother. He was in Above the Rim with Tupac, so I was on a set every day. I was on a set for like eleven days in a row with Park when they were shooting Above the Rim and all that, just hanging out, bullshitt around and rebox pretty much fastered that whole campaign. But my man did this commercial with Nike to dribble and commercial, so I was able to go up in the office and then and just build relationships and stuff like that. So I was getting shoes for a while. It was just White Air Forces and Black Air Forces. It was really no special shoes like that except for the Family Tree Air Force when they want Rutger. But I mean, besides stuff like that, it was just a whole bunch of shits. I've been around that whole time, and you knew Sneakers was going to be not I didn't.
Speaker 2: I just love kicks.
Speaker 6: I was running around with clock for years when Clark was coming to Club Thatsos. I didn't really know there was a sneaker thing with Clark like that, I knew I love sneakers. I was riding around in the Toyota four Runner with somebody's in a chick's name from Windy's.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. When I had club so chick name for girls, some girls name. What I'm saying. That made what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: So you.
Speaker 1: Running running around like I had the flour running. I thought I was hot.
Speaker 6: Clark pulls up in the first Yukon theinality that I've ever seen in my life. Two doors ship with the l system for a long time. You know it's crazy. And then I wound up owning the stereo shop. Years later, I bought Stay Tuned Richard.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, he said, Mike Tyson.
Speaker 6: What Mike Tyson used to have a brim place in Fortland, New Jersey called Stay Tuned?
Speaker 1: I bought that. It was called Audio Designs.
Speaker 2: After that flor no no flu, I'm gona tell I'm gonna take it back.
Speaker 6: So when Joe used to drive down here to Miami before he lived there, remember to escalated. They was getting from Martin Cadillacs with the with the motorized TVs in the back that was always breaking.
Speaker 1: I did those, but I put the broken TV.
Speaker 6: Remember the Cadillac. That's Remember when Joe used to come down here. You know, Joe wasn't flying back in the days. Remember Joe time with Escalat what year? Well, but when I had audio designs, it might have been I got locked up in one oh two. It might have been ninety nine, two thousand, Okay, that's when the Actually it's yeah, So I was doing his wisdom, no, because I wanted to put the years together. Now, I was doing him good at my job. I was doing his systems back. I was doing his systems back in the days. So I say that to go back from ninety six to two thousand and one, like I was always like the sneaker ship was.
Speaker 1: Always forever with me.
Speaker 6: But when I used to see clock and Essos back in ninety five ninety six, I didn't even.
Speaker 1: Know Clark had the ill sneaker collection. Like that.
Speaker 6: We was just vibbing on cars and then him coming to him coming to Man Wednesdays, Maria Davids getting drunk every night, and then Jay doing the whole ship and Jay and them used to pull up to Essos two hours before, no earlier than that, like threetown, and they would pre pay for the bottles of Christian and they would give me thirty six hundred dollars cash christ That was three hundred dollars battle.
Speaker 1: Back then shout to the plug.
Speaker 2: I was paying like forty.
Speaker 6: Dollars a bottles stolen selling them for Yeah, I was getting a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Back there, perspect The funny shit is. The funny shit is when we started doing that, they wasn't even selling Crystal right. They would have to go get the Chrystal out because we were asking for crystal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nah, I was crazy.
Speaker 6: I was getting Kristal from it from the distributors, Charms, liquor, all that shit. I mean only one day, but the flash. It was the reason I fell in love with that whole rock The reason I fell in love with that whole rock movement was they never pulled their money out in the club. They would come to Essos at three four o'clock in the afternoon. We paid for their bottles of Chris and had me bring a case of Christyle out to the ball and they were just hanging by the ball poorty bottles, poor the bottles for they bottles hold hold.
Speaker 1: No cash on the table? How cal it said? You smart?
Speaker 6: So that was everybody else was starting fronting and pulling their bottles out and buying eighty dollars bottles of Moet and all that bullshit. And I'm sitting there, last stop. You ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 1: All right, clock, I'm sorry, but no cluck there seeing the begin I need to know where Clark can Okay, I gotta dj I gotta go. Okay, you don't know where Clark Kent was at when you heard the room was that jay Z and Dame Dash separated? And it will never be the same because everything that you said just now, you were speaking about the beginning, because that's what you represent. And now you're still here. We're still relevant, You're still doing what we gotta do. But god, you are human. You're a human. Yeah, so I'm actually the human being right now? How did you feel? Because I still speak to both of them on the same days, may be on the same days. To guilty.
Speaker 10: You weren't.
Speaker 1: It's crazy speaking to your saying you feel guilty. I could never feel guilty because they were. I wasn't do you know what I'm saying. So, but the funny shit was, I was sitting at my desk at Rockefeller when I found out that it just wasn't gonna be the same anymore.
Speaker 6: And I.
Speaker 1: I I thought to myself, Okay, they'll work it out. Listen, No, it was a part of you to say they'll work it out. Yeah, I thought it was bullshit. I thought it would go away. That's what you have to understand. As a guy who was there from before everything, I was just like that, that's corny ship. They'll figure it out. And because I knew, understand me. I was there from the beginning, and then I went to to Motown Records, and then I went to jobs. Yeah, I think, did you make it any helping the flower shout in Jamaica. Let's make some noise o'clock having seventeen hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Come?
Speaker 1: Damn, you better class them all, something better class you put them from bu you better class. I'm sorry, you wouldn't take the fish at all. Listen, being before and and and you know, making the connection between them, talking mysel, making him the connection between them and seeing what introduced them right, introduced. Did we we didn't clarify the introduction? Can we go for the introduction? How did you introduce them? After I signed Dame's groups, I kept telling him about, Yo, dude, jay Z is the best in the world, and you're telling this today today, I said, Yo, you see, my man, jay Z is the best in the world. It's gonna kill niggas. What the fuck is this?
Speaker 16: Jay Z?
Speaker 1: Niggas? He ain't better than Big L? This was like, wow, Like, with all due respect, I think Big L is dope. I think, but I think he's dope. I think he's dope. But you saying that that my man's not better than him makes no sense to me because I listen, you know what I'm saying, So I knew how wild Kine was, Like what are you talking about? Like you saying Big L is better than if you're saying Big Al's better than rock him, and then you're saying he's better than Jay Like now you're wildin' you know what I'm saying, Like he ain't better than this back then? This is back then? He said, Yeah, they didn't see it. I mean, but I didn't care. So but I was just like choosing my man's illing and everybody, and then you know, I started to prove it and then he was you know, like he was like, Yo, I'm gonna meet this guy. And when he meets him, he's like, I can't believe the dudes wearing white and white Air Force one. What the fuck you think the only wear Air Force ones in Harlemiga you caughty, like, how could you think something so stupid? But who are you talking about? Dang Dan was like, I can't believe this niggas wearing Air Force ones. I was like, what are you talking about? You met and me, I'm wearing Air Force ones and so I'm from Brooklyn. Yeah, but you be in Harlem. I don't care where i'd be at. I'm saying, like you're gonna say that, there's nobody else at all, and in Brooklyn it was Air Force ones except me. Like that would be some dumb shit to believe. But you know that's what he felt, and he felt like, understand me. I took him to Brooklyn, So he was kind of halfway scared at the same time because he believed the only thing, yes, Dave, Dad, the only thing that happened in Brooklyn was Robert fevery he just felt like, motherfucker's just wrong. I thought that too, like all the time that I wanted to obvious more of my cousins. I was like, I liked it. I like, I like I went to Farragut was about it too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry because I don't want to worry about.
Speaker 10: Me, you know.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is I introduced them and everything was all good from day one. So when this happened, when it was like, yeah, you know, it's getting a little shaky, I was just like, they're going to fix that, and that it was eighteen years later. Yeah, I was enough years later. It was enough because it was I think I had almost done ten albums or twelve albums. It was a lot. I mean, and you have to remember, Jay ran a bunch of summers. He ran a bunch of summers. I don't many rappers they get that many summers. He had summers. He brag about it too. What's crazy is I don't know anybody shut down. I mean, back then, if you had a summer in New York, you had a summer around the world. I mean, hit records in the summer, hit records in the summer. So that's what. That's what, that's what we're talking about. But you know, the only summers he didn't run was the summers that he didn't put records out. So what are we talking about here? Think about it. The only summers Jay didn't run is the summers that Jay decided he wasn't rapping. That's crazy. So what you think that's some ship for niggas to think about for a second. The only summers that Jay didn't run was the summers that he didn't put a fucking record out. Bottom line, when he was fifteen. I told you, niggas, I feel like we got to make some lunk. You need make no, no, we need another shot for that one. We don't need a last.
Speaker 2: Last year five.
Speaker 1: I told you I'm a ard nigga. Come on, I cannot leave on it. Even you can pull my ship, absolutely beful. I'm not even looking. You tell me, you tell me where to pull away? Man, I am not even looking. Goddamn, I gotta fill mine up for that. Ain't gonna be nor where are you dja hair tonight? Ain't nobody gonna hear that ship. Somebody snap it, snap it or something, yo. Man, Damn you was mad dispectful. I thought you, my brother, I thought you was getting the look. I got it with you. You do go, I got it with you.
Speaker 16: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to the club tonight.
Speaker 1: I got it with you. I'm all going in. O.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not brother. You want something, you change your don't discuss how much this is. This is this all right, you gotta we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Know we got it right, I got you go. Let's go, Let's go. We're gonna be a jink chance.
Speaker 11: You full for this podcast that I was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna text the Norman water, everybody water, everybody went his wife Fiji. I'm the only one who's still straight. Is big up to survive, to survive for no.
Speaker 6: No shout the puff because afy Aftercloll d DS and that we're going to puff out to after party.
Speaker 1: At the party.
Speaker 6: We're going now absolutely now not listen, I changed my flight for this. We're going to absolutely not me neither. This right here is we're going not going to the puff party.
Speaker 1: Not you's video here just line.
Speaker 2: Let me tell the movie, y'all.
Speaker 1: Lie, nobody's seen the over Sparty. You've never seen the movie The overs Party. They're not doing that. They're like, we're going ship, so we are not going to So it's just how we're doing it. So are you DJing tonight? That's Sam, you're dj I'm DJing a party that we do once a month called the Originals. It's me Tony to Richmondina, stretch On, Stung and d nice. So it's probably the wildest. It's probably the best party that we that I get to do. Your nigga still be smashing at the party. I got a wife. I'm doing nothing incriminating. Brother, I'm very I'm not married. I'm happily smashing clocks left over. I said I'm not married, So you smashed small.
Speaker 2: I'm just happy to be I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 1: You have a beard. I'm just happy to be here. Yeah, you asked man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's right next door.
Speaker 1: You can't miss it. Yeah, I know about your man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, me too. Where's that to ask either?
Speaker 1: Because you have a person listen, listen, look at us, listen episode on the plane clock your No, I don't. I'm sorry. You know that's not that's any that's not anything that really speak for yourself. I'm Puerto Rican Panamanian is like Puerto Ricans like foul cousin like Clock is my foul brother. Brother. You know, I'm gonna be honest because you know why Panamani because Panamanian is like you keep me on purpose. I'm sorry, brother, let me tell you what Panamani is because it's like ya Spanish cousin slash Jamaican cousins, because like they kind of like both, I'm a buggy, you're not like because they're like y'all like Jamaican Spanish bogus. What can you explain why? Because y'all eat ROTI.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 1: That's not the reason why. No, that's not the reason. The reason why is because historically when the Panama Canal was being built. Are we getting deep? Let's break down on these dollars. Go, Jamaicans came over from to Panama to help build a canal yard mandyd mind them. My father's Jamaican. Okay, we got to talk to these people with Clark Kurt Keen jobs, not thirteen Kurt teen jobs, thirteen blood. Listen, you gotta have relax. Don't you have a grab a bottle over here? Again? This is Panamanian nigam. Shake your feet, shake your feet, you don't know where Clark came from, Flatbush, Panama speaking to you. Gotta got twenty years, Yeah twenty my friend. You know out here in Miami they have flea markets. See, Coliseum was like official flea market.
Speaker 6: Coliseum was official, was official.
Speaker 1: But yeah unofficial here you know the flea he go to, it's very unofficial. He goes to the hotel Carol. I gotta throw that out there, Mark ca Man, the fleet market we all lived on. You gotta rely.
Speaker 2: I sold all my mixta.
Speaker 1: I know you racist Miami, like I mean, but sunny what I mean bys, But Sonny slaps the flea market. The old thing is Jordan's right now is official? Now, I'm like, you didn't even get it from foot locker. You got it from your lock off a lot.
Speaker 2: It was your locker.
Speaker 1: You gotta relax, Sonny o'clock. We answered you your favorite ever in the hip hop now what we And you also said Rick Ross's album was great. Yes, you said that this is best to me so far. I agree with you as well. But now I also said Drake's album. Did you know what you drake about Grace? But think about this, Okay, every Rick Ross album you listen to you can pick something off of it and go maybe not that one. What do you mean I'm saying. So that's the reason why I could say this is his best work, because you can't take anything off of it. You gotta go. Now on that ship's fire too. Now, all that ship's fire too. Now while that ship's fire too, and he's talking on that ship? Is he the South Rick Ross? I mean South Biggie. No, he's just He's Rick Ross. He don't don't compare the mind. He can't be compared to anything. He's almost anybody. Anybody who compared him to Biggie was doing him a disservice, you know what I'm saying, Because.
Speaker 2: There there's no one's gonna be like that. We see him saying, they were.
Speaker 1: Doing Ross service by trying to compare him to that. Let Rick Ross be Rick Ross facts, you know what I'm saying. And as Rick Ross, he's fucking bananas. Like his album is fire. It's not good, it's fire. I actually feel bad that, you know, the album came out a day before Drake's album, because it's like it didn't have the time to raise Albums are playlist? How do you feel the album. It's an album, So I don't care what you said. If the ship have a cover and it has credits and it has track lists, it's a fucking album. Makes a noise for that guy and the single.
Speaker 2: Get the hell out on joking.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna be honest, you'll you'll bring us to the top of the podcast world. If I was one hit one, just one hit one, one hit did Elliott Wilson before with all that you no money knew me list to be honest, that's what three sixty before you curve never curved call. But he's the o G. You got them, just like you know, everybody has stories in their head. Everybody has the No. One hit clak one one for Panama.
Speaker 2: Was that boom boom.
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what, No, no, no, no, listen, here's some crazy ship. People look at that record and back then it was a Panamanian dude doing a reggae record. Guess what that reggae is? The first that is it don't don't reggae, don't got damn.
Speaker 10: One, good.
Speaker 1: God, damn, this is Panama.
Speaker 4: Boom Mommy, mommy, mommy, boom boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 1: That relaxed to say it again. He said toom boom betoom boom Man wrong anyway? Man? Keep going?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Where a record? Where are we at? This? Make some yeah? So claw Jesus CHRISTI nuts claw you think jeez, I got a clock.
Speaker 20: I gotta play nowhere? You've been in this this this Yeah, animal bruised roll.
Speaker 1: So now I heard you the tweet going on where Rick Ross? You tweeted that Rick Ross album is fire fire. I saw that that tweet went viral. It did in my mind it did. But now but now Clark, what else is Clark can't like there's no school right Contrary to what a lot of people might think. Migos, I fuck with Migos, so I fuck with young thug.
Speaker 2: You know what, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: The thing is.
Speaker 1: When you sit behind it. When you said I love that that any When you sit behind a desk, you know, he DJ parties that he got to relax. Okay, okay, listen. When you sit behind the desk, you start to look at music differently. You don't look at music just for what you personally think. You look for is it going to work whether you like it or not. It's whether it's gonna work or not. The first time I heard Young Thug, I thought he might have something. But then it was repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly that dude, you might not understand everything he's saying, but when he says it, somehow you can get to it. Young migos.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Every time, I don't even know to take Molly, listen, listen. I don't understand that there. I just want to be listen. I just want to be clear. I'm not sitting here saying these dudes are spending bars. What I'm saying is these dudes, these dudes are making records that I can actually like. And you know, trust me, there's a list of motherfuckers that I'm just like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: But there's some dudes that get that get put in that that that.
Speaker 1: Vein with all these other dudes that I'm looking at, like, why the fuck are you making records? And when I look at them, I'm going, well, how can you put this guy in here when his records are better? You know what I'm saying, Let's just look at his records. If he can rap, let's just look at his records. To me, you, here's where a lot of motherfuckers get shit fucked up. They look at this rap thing like it's about having bars as much as it is about making records. When you're a rapper, your ship is to make records when you're serious about you having bars. How about melodies, though, clock your melodies helps melodies? Asked me a question, was carrying it? Good melodies make better records. And the reason why is it's so simple. But nobody looks at this ship. When you learned the first song that you ever learned was your ab seeds. The only way you learned the abcs was by singing it. It's a melody and rhythm. So that's the reason why somebody with a good melody makes something and you catch it. That's what makes something catchy is the fact that you the fact that you heard a good melody makes it catchy. So when you hear he's talking about but whatever the thing is, most people might not hear what he says. A different cousin right here. Ain't we respect this podcast with respect? Alloy? Let that go? Let that go?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm gone your your ship, claw, this is your life. Yes it's not. This is not right, Radar. I apologize for your doing that first because it fucked you wasn't supposed to. I've been trying to get you to do this for a while in Florida. Wow, we hear all the time. We got a budget, definitely here, you should have this a budget now.
Speaker 2: If you would have said it will flow you the.
Speaker 1: Guy in my mind, I got a budget. We don't got it right, man? No, your budget? Yeah, yeah, because I flew myself out, so yeah, yeah, having thirty six hundred kicks, how does how do you maintain thirty six hundred sneakers?
Speaker 6: That's that's the Never had that question ask me before, because I wear whatever's on the floor.
Speaker 1: But I see you, I see on the internet. You got white clear box. I got the neatest.
Speaker 2: That's my title.
Speaker 6: You talk to Joe, you talk to wild A, you talk the Greg Screen, you talk the fat Joe Clark.
Speaker 1: I got the neatest.
Speaker 21: I got the neatest sneaker room in the world. But but why is it white Claire boxes? I have an abundance of sneakers. I wear my sneakers. I want to see what I want to grab. You know what I'm saying. Pause, I want to if I'm looking for pasts. I want to be able to find it, so in them boxes, I wasn't gonna be able to find all that. And I really I don't sell sneakers. I don't resell sneakers. If I wanted to resell my sneakers, I got a million dollar sitting right there in my room. You have, I got a million dollars sit in my room. No bullshit, I got a million dollars sitting in my room. Rack, I got a million dollars and sneakers sitting in my room.
Speaker 6: So like I wanted to see if I want to grab a pair of sneakers from two thousand and three, I'm gonna go look for that pair of sneakers now, because.
Speaker 1: I've seen your ship, like you had rolls. My ship looked like a looking and nine hundred square feet and the crazy ship.
Speaker 6: I know you.
Speaker 1: I know you from seeing on the street. So when I seen it on the end ofne I was like, damn, I never knew yo, you had every sneak however you had. I got undefeated for you. What's the ship, Michael J. Fox ship?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I got the Marty m clowns. I got to.
Speaker 1: It's not sneaker was not sneakers movie props. I was like, this is this is when me and Clark argue and we go at it from baga. I would love to see that.
Speaker 6: It's a real argument sometimes like this. I believe there's a sneaker coacher, Claud doesn't.
Speaker 16: I believe there's okay okay, and we're gonna let Clark go.
Speaker 1: Only Clark invest because I said, I want to investigate this before we dive into it. You said you believe there's a sneak of culture and Clark said he does not.
Speaker 6: Leave because Clark is gonna bring I can't answer for Clark, but I know where Clock is going with it because we had this argument you a million times.
Speaker 1: Just stink of culture. You are gods, and we really argue our posters, We really argue about this. I'm part of sneaker culture. I'm like a pond. I'm very lower in the steaker culture. I go to the Means.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 6: Your Jordan's segment was brought up everywhere in the world. I'm a listening to the podcast, so I don't want to hear that you off.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I did ship on Jordan, but I also heard this. I kept raising I kept wearing him, so that lets you know I hate that. No, no, no, I respect he is gonna say some ship and then boycott. I still want you.
Speaker 6: You know, you don't believe that we can argue about it because you're my brother and I love you, so don't believe.
Speaker 1: I can't believe what he's saying. Right now, I'm just throwing it out there. You saying it's not a sneak of culture, nor yes, how many five percenters?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: You gotta relax. I know at least he's have one hundred people. You know what's crazy? I can say it's without even looking at him. When he was growing up, at one point he was about to be five percent. I was given to ask you people, father a law when I was younger. Right, skip back when you look at that, and then you go, what's it really based off? It's based off of Islam? What is Islam? A culture? Right? Yep? How can you parallel sneakers, which is sneakers some shit that you wear on your feet to a culture a way of life. Culture is a way of life. It has laws, it has a belief system, it has a financial system, and it has a spiritual system. Please the word culture is a powerful word. Parallel that to Islam sneakers in Islam. Okay, we're done here, so equate that to you said hip hop culture, then be a way of life.
Speaker 2: You know you said culture.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is a way of life.
Speaker 2: It's a coach, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: The same as finance. Everything Their money is finance. But everything you said, everything you said, understand me money because I.
Speaker 2: Believe there is a culture in the state.
Speaker 1: Okay, they show it to me. I mean, I don't have the same definitions of you. I'm not saying, but there is.
Speaker 6: But there's a way of life. But their subdivisions, the medical.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Listen to what I'm saying. He holds understand I hosted, But listen to what I'm saying to you. If you say culture, you would be wrong. If you said subculture, we'd have a conversation.
Speaker 6: Is going to bring it back just the religion puts up seventeen When one DC puts up his and tells everybody to put up their shelters and there's seventeen thousand people are putting their shell toes, he's gonna he's gonna attribute that to hip hop culture.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to attribute that to hip hop culture. What I'm going to say is, can you tell me when run DMC made that record which Nigga wasn't wearing to d this? Think about this? Why can you say put everybody put your Adidas up when you when you're on the stage, if niggas wasn't wearing a deal. So you're saying so the sneaker culture is a subculture of hip hop. No, sniggers culture is a subcultured period. It's not a culture. It doesn't come first. It's a subculture byproduct that's a byproduct of close It's not even you.
Speaker 6: Know, it's a byproduct of fashions, which it about.
Speaker 1: It's a fashion, which isn't a culture. It's fashion and ship you wear.
Speaker 2: It can't be a subculture. It's exactly.
Speaker 1: So we're getting back to the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm a great I disagree too. Okay, it's a culture.
Speaker 1: Okay, showing to the Niggers is a culture. But you have your how many can't hold no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, don't do this? Why because y'are god? That's it?
Speaker 6: Hold on, now, know how many sneaker shows we do when he's fifteen and sixteen year old. Seventy year old kids don't know you from nothing from music, but they praise the ground you walk on because of sneakers.
Speaker 1: Answer yourself. You can answer that yourself. Why do they I'm asking you, you can't, dude, I created sneakers. I designed sneakers. I'm a guy.
Speaker 6: Who is looking at and that's a culture to them because they don't know that you discovered Jay. They don't know that you were saying jazz o was the best in the world. They don't know that you signed Doze effects. They don't know that because you look at making them to do effects.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He's trying, But.
Speaker 15: I'm right, But your definition of culture, like if I was going psyclopedia culture, what the way you define it is that it is the definition of culture, because that's.
Speaker 1: The only way we can define him what we're talking about. Okay, So then I guess we open a dictionary, put.
Speaker 6: The generations to cultures. Don't know who you are from music, they know who you are. No dictionaries d we make.
Speaker 1: We make all dictionary. He's the I mean, okay, I'm gonna keep this funky. Im what I understand.
Speaker 2: I'm taking I wanted to do that a long time.
Speaker 1: I understand what I understand to be culture from being one who has who's a spiritual person, So I learned it from a spiritual place. So if I learned it from a spiritual place, I can only look at what I understand to be culture in a spiritual place. So with that alone, huh, he said, you're right, culture.
Speaker 6: Pulled up the definition of culture. I hate all of y'all.
Speaker 1: I gotta relate right right, Read it again, Read it again.
Speaker 6: Culture the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively. So these kids that don't know that you collect, these kids collected don't know that you hold, don't know you from sneakers. That is a culture to.
Speaker 1: Your I am not looking at what you said and reading it properly. Read it.
Speaker 2: Read it again.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not even drunk. I am drunk.
Speaker 6: The arts of other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarding collective pull.
Speaker 1: On human intellectual achievement. Where when that goes back to English, stop read what you read and explained it, because you're not explaining it. It's so simple. They read it to you.
Speaker 2: Look how my brother just called me a dumb How many people?
Speaker 1: How many people? You're going what I did?
Speaker 2: To understand what you just read? You have to you have to read it yourselves.
Speaker 1: The arts and.
Speaker 6: The arts and other manifestations of human intellectual stop right there and stopping the arts and what and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collective hold on collectively.
Speaker 8: Human intellectual achievements and just for the joint. Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, let's take let's take a hold up.
Speaker 1: Let's take a few steps back. What are sneakers? Shoes? Right? Shoes are something you wear right to protect your feet from the elements?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool? Where is the what was it again? Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool, I'm done here.
Speaker 1: You read it yourself, you can't just got very professional just shoes?
Speaker 16: Did you hold up? Your reason for love of shoes? And your reason for doing this is because they protect your feet? Because we're talking about.
Speaker 1: The bottom.
Speaker 2: He just let me justinition that I just read. You would be wrong even no.
Speaker 1: I would be all right this intelection, I would be right.
Speaker 2: You'll just prove theetionhips. But when you go intellect, you gotta go intellect on different levels.
Speaker 1: Seventeen year olds. I'm not gonna have my forty four year old. No no, no, no, no no, eat it again. You're gonna be wrong again. Oh my god, Jesus Christ fucking read this ship. Why are we doing this on the podcast? That's what we're gonna do. By that, I'm not losing. I don't holdo holda wait, wait, wait for the site becomes wait wait wait a personal thinking. I mean I just want to read No no, no, no, no what I just walked back with him off of what you read?
Speaker 2: Did he lose this?
Speaker 1: Off the human intellectional bo? See how sinking is you?
Speaker 2: Very fucking much?
Speaker 1: But what does that mean? Just define that?
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying you'll disagree with me.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm not saying this. As I listen, everything that you're gonna get that human and that's intellectual, is going to make you smarter, right, So the shoe's not gonna make smart. It's fucking shoes, yo, that's what it's shoes. So whack I love you?
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, I can't argue.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: Understand me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yea swear to God like this is real nigga ship.
Speaker 7: So we're gonna have.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have such an Instagram and Twitter war between.
Speaker 7: This and with and with all due respects, listen, talk to our people. There are people hate has That's why you want ashtag hate. That's why you wanted to come so bad.
Speaker 1: Pause and pause, Paul, pause, that's why you wanted to be here so bad.
Speaker 2: No, no, because I get tired of you saying this is not a culture.
Speaker 1: And it's a question. You get tired of what I'm saying because we all be about this. That's what I'm saying. I don't even get that. But but back to what I'm saying is there are people who are more enthusiastically into shoes than usual black and I'm one of those guys who's enthusiastic, more enthusiastic than usual. I don't believe that I'm I'm superhero because I like shoes more than the next guy. You know why, Because I don't know a person who doesn't have a pair of sneakers.
Speaker 2: So what do you tell that young kid?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, what do you tell that young kid that doesn't know What do you tell that young kid who doesn't know who you are based on music?
Speaker 2: Who loves you for sneakers? And goes to your sneaker convention.
Speaker 1: Am I supposed to tell him you're their hero, you're their idol.
Speaker 6: And I don't tell them anything wrong I tell them, but to them, you're the culture of sneakers. To them, you're the culture. We just experienced that in Nike town. Just now, my nigga. I've walked out and they was taking pictures. But then they still didn't talk to you. Dude started talking to you about sneakers and then started rapping to you.
Speaker 1: You are his life. Wait, wait on, im a wrong, you're his life? A guy who's guy who started rapping to me didn't talk to me about sneakers at all. You know what he was like, He was like, Oh, that's a niggluck. Can't nigga might put me on if he thinks.
Speaker 2: I'm nice, So I just cannot rap for you.
Speaker 1: He didn't speak to me about sneakers at all.
Speaker 2: He about sneakers.
Speaker 1: Well that's you, dog, you know why, because you're a sneaker fucking superhero.
Speaker 11: But we're together because we're friends.
Speaker 1: We're not together because of sneak. Absolutely don't even talk. We don't even talk.
Speaker 2: About we don't talk about some angry sneakers.
Speaker 1: So my question, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is my brother for twenty five years. We really understand love.
Speaker 1: About right now, we really talking about right now. I don't even understand what I was talking about sneaking.
Speaker 2: I love because we're here for you.
Speaker 1: On a text. I know you did.
Speaker 2: I show your fire me and you know, let's go.
Speaker 1: No, that's a choice tattoo.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: Wait, you know what you just said. Say it again? People people say no, no, no, no. People think it's a coach. Say that that's the truth. What way, kid, you don't think sneaker. I think there are some people who are more enthusiastic about sneakers than others. I'm one of those guys. Hockey. That's not a hobby, No way, no, listen. I just want to get myself out of the clitic my ship is and I've proven it. I just want to be fresh. That's it. My sneakers get dirty, I damned and hate them. We agree. I don't clean sneakers. I don't play that ship. I got enough sneaker. I'm not cleaning my sneakers because I have so many sneakers I want to wear them. So what do I do I wear them get his ships away? Why? Because I got enough sniggers that I could wear a brand new pant. Why do I have so much? Because when I was a kid, I wanted to be as fresh as the older guy. Listen. So when I got some money, when I got some money, how about as many pair of sneak as I possibly could? Why? Because I wanted to be fresh, That's it. Because I heard about the story. You had an exclusive pair of something some something something, and muster Rhyme saw you. Yeah, said yo, those sow you took your sneakers off. He told you that, and you gave him the bust. I told you, I never heard. I did. We were we were on the tour. We were on Puff's tour, and we went to Portland. No way, I told him. We went to Portland, and I knew the people at Nike, So I went to night Ga, I visited Nike. Will was in Portland. Listen, towns along. He says, he knows the Nike people. But God to do with anything right now. We want to make noise for you being a big nigga for a long time. God damnit, Daddy, big homie and a sneaker game. God, damn for a long time. Continue, I'm sorry you gave your shoes, gad. So what happened called I went to Nike, I hung out with my boy. My boy gave me some shoes. I asked him for shoes for everybody. I brought shoes back. I gave shoes to whomever. I was wearing a pair of yellow Air Force ones and Bus. You know, Bus was very colorful like that for six moment all this ship was super colorable. He shoes and was like, Yo, where the fuck did you get those? And I was like, you want them? You got him? So I just took him off and gave him to him because we couldn't wear ninets and we was on stage at that point anyway, because we were wearing all black side with black temps. So I was just like, you can take I get took him off and give him to him. Where did you hear that? I gotta get it. I want to know where you heard it from, because I never heard the story. I got him relat. I didn't want to issue with that story.
Speaker 2: Boy for me being back a little bit back in, we gotta stop.
Speaker 1: We gotta stop because because people were thinking I'm really serious, it said, Joe for a that for yo e fn our one year anniversary brother, we did some crazy ship. We started off our first episode with Kenny Anderson and Fat Jobs.
Speaker 2: It was the first one that he between that but first one.
Speaker 1: Saying I can say Jos because I love I know Chipper. Do you last? Did you call him chairs? Believe it? Call him chipper? You call him. I don't call him chips. You call Himchipp. I called him Chipper. Yeah, I called him chill. But left Breck City Queens for us to have do I know the way? How do I know that? Because you because I used to around but let your real left.
Speaker 6: Right now, he's funny because he used to DJ and Clark Park in the Bronx.
Speaker 1: Hold hol on, you got put off, he said, because I'm a real left Breck. That's what I I'm gonna get your Bronx claim too. I used to be all over. Let's get it. Come on, now, let's go where we at? So now, oh boy, before we get upbout it. Oh so this is the last one. No, he's just he's a little You also worked with Foxy Brown Little Kim Right, wait, who's your cousin? Fox Foxy anger and he knows that. Don't let him act like you don't know that. So you also work with both. I never made a record on my cousin. Is that crazy? But how powerful would it be if Foxy and Little Kim, like at this very moment, right now, if Foxy and Little Kim got together at this moment this, it'll probably be really really cool. About five years ago, it'd have been nuts. And it's funny because when we say nuts, you're saying like bad, like okay, because you know, four, like five six years ago, who was the girl? It was almost like we were looking for the girl, you know what I'm saying. But imagine to imagine if out of nowhere you got Fox and Thumb and Louise. And the funny part is like, it's a bunch of people who got spoken to about that, but I actually had the ability to do it. And and because before remember back then they actually had a sauce cover, right Kim, right okay, And the idea was would have been them on the Wiz. We can't make that happen. Let's make dream that make your lord listen. I see them both recently. No, I'm lying, I seen Kim recently, I spoke to Fox on the phone, but I think that I think they should do that for hip hop, fuck anything else. I would be legend like you know what I'm saying, legend like y'all beef your whole career. I want your kid together. And C can't produce the ship, there you go, and I would produce it and let clock And you know what I would rather do. I'd rather be the executive producer or an R on it so I can make the records. I would rather find the music. Now you're going to describe for our listeners what's the difference from producing and then be an executive producer. A good executive producer, A good executive producer executive produces the records and make sure that the records get made. Oh thank you, we gotta relax, come up, gets look good about to take it from me. A good executive producer is the guy who's one of the guys who's making the records. But a great an R is the guy who makes sure the records get done. That's the guy who finds the who helps finds the music and helps find the great records, helps helps make or make sure that the hook is a great song, you know, a great hook. So when you're listening to it, when someone an artist comes back and he sits in front of you and he plays your album. If the album comes out and it's not good, a lot of people want to blame it on the artists, a lot of people want to blame it on producers. But who they really should blame it on is the guy who's doing artists and repertoire, because it's your job to make sure the album is and and R should be blamed for it. But it's a and R still even relevant nowadays because that's a really good question. But let's think for a second. If for albums whack, then an R is very relevant. Great, good answer, great fucking If albums don't, I got hit with that question, I gotta I gotta ask you relax because you hit me fucked up? Good an R is gonna make a good record. I eat that serious you know by by dots effects, what's the what's the.
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Is good? He's very good. He's a very good an great Lenny asked, Lenny's Yeah, I mean, but.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: You name more R meant more good an RS. Jeff Sledge, she's a good an r was crazy that who's that? I gotta I got a uh invest k oh yeah. Keith Murray, Oh like he was. He was a job at the time, was one of the very best. And ours, Faith Newman. Oh no, Columbia, let's just stop, right, Dave. Not. Actually, she's the first person who signed Yes how about it was the first people she signed lives. She chilled two three years and actually fucked that whole story up. She signed capone Pause, she signed capone and I came home about six months after that. You got that we don't have no more, no more. Finish your story buckle and yeah, faith finishing start Faith. I gotta this is Miami should be rich somewhere living her life. God damn it, big up, Faith Newman, God damn because you know why, didn't matter that she put on me a copone, she put on she put on nas set it up for us mob deep uh screwball, lost boys everybody to come after that and eat And that's what the fuck we did. And Slive is still on that same meal. I just you know, I have I had. It was like a Thanksgiving mail for me, So I had, I had Turkey analogy had sweet potatoes over there.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't leaving.
Speaker 1: Let me guess what I was on wheels in the in our department. We did Audio two. We didn't like yo yo. We did Michelle A. We did the facts. We didn't vote. Uh take a little shot for that.
Speaker 6: We need another shot for that one set uproah, we're gonna take.
Speaker 2: A light shot.
Speaker 1: Almost give me. That's not like like, give me a light shot. I'm your brother now, Bob. That's it. That's it. Let me ask you and there's no disrespect, right. And you talked about the dose effects came with the album.
Speaker 2: How much did you have to an r that album?
Speaker 1: Well, you have to after after, after you get an album, you have to know when it's right to drop it. What's the best record? Did you shave records off? No? No, it's not about shaving records. Office about picking the best records that go single. So pickings. They want you DJ. When you look at DJ, it was crazy. Honestly, in my heart, I believe DJs who I'm sorry. I believe DJs can make the best an arsts. And the reason why is because good DJs can teach you about a new record. You know what I'm saying they can show you by the way, this is the record. Just listen, keep listening, keep listening, keep listening. You know what I'm saying, Because if a dude has a mixed show and he has a bunch of dudes who has a bunch of records that no one has, and he's deciding I'm going to play this artist, you know what I'm saying, Like, that guy has the ability to break that artist. And if he can break that artist, he's doing something right. If he can look at the landscape of music that's out and say I pick this, I pick that, I pick this, and then play it in his mix show and make people happy about the mix show. That guy knows how to pick records, so he should And I'm being clear when I say he should be able to pick a new artist, So he should be able to hear a dope beat and say this artist should have that beat. It would make sense if they were singing or rapper on such. If he's not a good If he's not a good DJ, he's not even thinking about that. All he cares about is playing clubs. If he's a good DJ, he cares about what the music is gonna sound like. In the next two years. I don't even call it taste makers because they put taste makers in a totally different thing. My thing is a good DJ should be teaching the crowd about something which most DJs don't do any well. I'm not most CJ. I'm sings, I'm you know, I'm just I'm just not most. But then again, you know, the ones who aren't most are the ones who are still here. I've been there for a long Let's talk about Japanese connection. What about it? You got a lot of Japanese niggas love? Clock? Is that? Okay? You got a clock? You gotta clock a lot of japan done. I've done a few collaborations with a company. Talk about did collaborate? I did two, three, four, I did about four five Lafayette collaborations. Ascribe to these people, okay, Lafayette is said, inscribed? Inscribed mean described is inscribing and inscribing at the same time. What is describing? I understand what inscrible?
Speaker 2: Disagree with it?
Speaker 1: It works? Okay?
Speaker 2: It's a dream Champs language.
Speaker 1: You see, you have brands that are super duper popular and they're still on the ground level, and they're still like you know they're still like gritty and Street. You got the Black Scales, you got the Supremes and such. You go over to Japan. Lafayette is one of those brands. Lafayette's a brand with for like six stores or whatever and selling a bunch of shit. And I've done at least, yeah, five collabs with them at least. So Supreme is from Japan. No Supremes from New York. Okay, but they popping in Japan. No Supreme is popping around the universe. Supreme about ragged teachers going for a lot of money on the internet right now. You know we has all of them. They need to sell them. I need a hoe lage. Please, thank you. I definitely you got it. See that smile, that's the um lying smile you got.
Speaker 17: I need that.
Speaker 1: Listen you tell your needs that I need the gate the I didn't want to no inventory. Did I say that I need that? Definitely? Tell me get one of those storm you got somewhere again, somewhere in my in my life, in your mind. You got me my life, my life, so clok. You work the big You work with Jack, Yes, you work with work with un I didn't have the opportunity I wanted to to funny Ship. Is the day that I explained to him about the about that thing we was on that on the revote crew. He was like, YO, give me something. Let's do something new again. He knew that I was gonna fuck with Davis because I'm I'm gonna do a record for Davis. So he's like baby himself, He's like yo, he was like, yo, you funk with him. I was like, nah, funks with Davies And he's like, yo, you know, send me something. So he was like, yo, for me to send him something with trade numbers or whatever. Summer sent him something. But but that's the craic. He's so lb nos nos top five, top five five God you from Queens. I understand you saying that. No, I mean, why do I have another shot? Because we didn't because you never drink that. We didn't. Yeah, we weren't a part of that. Should stop. Don't do that. You're my brother, You're not gonna win this club. We part of that shot, and we weren't. That was come morning. That was your family, brother. You gotta relax, Yeah, yeah, got y'all respectful, y'all gotta relax. That was y'all ship with each other, take a shot. Do what you're gonna do. Ask the quest. My feeling was hurt. I would agree with you, right, I would say, this is like a Latino thing. But the thing about you Latin that's what you just want to get a shot, get another shot together? Can I expect you? What are you doing after this? I'm going to see Clark. Wait, what are you doing after this? I'm going home? What are you doing after this? I'm going to see my brother DJ.
Speaker 6: Guess what I'm going to do. I'm going to seek work and I'm gonna buy you to Guess what I.
Speaker 1: Do right now? That's what I'm doing right now. You're working. You'll be done in like ten minutes. But he's gonna go see you afterwards. I'm going to see you, but you'll be hanging while I'm working. But I gotta also keep my life together because you know what I'm trying to keep my mind to. So I'm very typical moment with a very typical moment. Yeah, we gotta we gotta control. We gotta control our environment, and then we gotta you know, we gotta do clock. We have to behave ourselves. There's a curve here and guess what clock whatever. Listen, we are getting people back for the cold Crush brothers, right, We're getting them back, Yes, getting back. What he means is getting people back for what they did. I like that. You gotta relax, let's go, let's get it next.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say.
Speaker 1: You a question. Let's go, but listen, and we're doing it in the name of him. Your clock. You know, we never had no fake to go on Drink Champs. Tony people on Drink Champs. You know why every episode in because you know why we really want to big up authentic of original hip hop and what is saying on your fucking hat the originals? You get ready, you want to you know, let's do it. You can't not want I go in.
Speaker 15: I'm in with you.
Speaker 1: That my brother light skin a light skin show before gona hurt my stomach. That's a shot my brother.
Speaker 7: That's what I know.
Speaker 1: You felt bad doing it, you know, he was like I know as as I called you, was like, all right, know what you're calling him for. I was, but I didn't feel bad because you curved me. I never curved you. You did. I was gonna be honest. I swear to god, I'm gonna go back. Let me tell you something about sober people. It's on Twitter document one hundred percent. I'm gonna go back and I'm gonna show it to him, he wrote. I wrote him. He like, I gotta get Clock on the podcast, and I was like, absolutely, I'm down, but don't forget I know you Poppy. So as soon as he saw the Poppy is when he was like, yeah, forget it, scat, I'm going to be honest. I believe that. Wait wait, wait, wait wait, I think I can poppy old that you said he being oucastic for how long? Seven months? Because it took seven months to him to go, oh ship, you're gonna do these niggas podcasts, That's what he was. No, don't understand me. So the rule at all. If I was that important to be on the podcast, I would have been third seconds.
Speaker 2: Let's take this shot, not a good little.
Speaker 1: That's good that this is when I that's terribly good. It's too good. I love rock the best vocat of the planet.
Speaker 6: Know that that is so funny Because I wanted this podcast happen so bad.
Speaker 1: I text you, you know he got thirty six hundred sniggers. What one? Just one?
Speaker 2: Besides you were.
Speaker 1: Regular? Everything else, I'm gonna do that. You got one right now?
Speaker 2: These acronym nikes.
Speaker 6: Do you see.
Speaker 1: Acronym Nike. I'm gonna do this, dude.
Speaker 15: You gotta hook up. Clark got the hook up, but I'm dirty. Got the hook up on the club. Whatever the fuck that's going?
Speaker 6: That's me fort dumb hord that regular, like Yo, Clock is gonna be in Miami this weekend?
Speaker 1: What's up? I want?
Speaker 2: I was ready.
Speaker 1: I was ready, we were host.
Speaker 2: I was ready. We saw and ready.
Speaker 1: I was on. It don't work out that way. I texted you, I don't have I don't have a bob normal.
Speaker 2: I text Norman, check this out.
Speaker 1: Clock is gonna be in Miami this weekend. What's up?
Speaker 3: I wanted to make this happens this Fiji from a different Yes, that's e Waters right, it's not even cool.
Speaker 2: This is Fucci.
Speaker 1: It's not even cold. This flats bottom water?
Speaker 2: Yo? But who was that for?
Speaker 8: For you and me?
Speaker 1: I was gonna I thought we were making drinks. I didn't know like we're gonna make like a my hat. Oh you I'll take a drink with your your clock. Let me ask you a question. Why you're getting bottled water to put tap water ice in it? All cool?
Speaker 2: I don't even know you from the South of Yeah, what would you do that for?
Speaker 1: You? Just you just rolled my own water experience, you know, you know from the resource rooms. You know that niggas in the resource rooms and especial education. That's that's the one I am. I'm that nigga. I have four teachers and four students. It was even.
Speaker 2: We were both going you said four, and he said, we're both with.
Speaker 1: Even tell me, I'm the most in the world.
Speaker 2: You're the smartness.
Speaker 1: That's why they wanted to killed me. Listen, I'm just John. They're gonna John Left killing me meaning under saying listen, they're gonna let you live because they're like, that's his man. I feel like they're gonna kill me. I got you on meaning it was more than it was. He said, you said four four, and then he was like, both of them. I'm like, who the fuck are you talking about? Both groups exactly? We're talking about both groups. I got to see I got what you was talking about. Don John, tell you I understood what you was talking. Just resources from crazy, the super resource you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was the funniest shit ever.
Speaker 1: Claw you did drink champs, you survived. Never sprung about any of their personal ship. I know a lot. Get them relax and you're looking at me and your lips are getting little white. That's how I know. I'm so glad there's a camera because they could know that my lips ain't getting white. No, in my mind, your lift scout what personally you can't ask me ship that. I can't be real loud. You've been there for me. But when I stepped into this game, I love you. You stood there with me. And there was one producer on the whole wall report because I used to carry it two five on me and I said rhyme, and not one producer said you have relax you.
Speaker 6: And you was the only one he said when he told you to relax, you had the two five in your pocket.
Speaker 1: In the booth, they had two five all the time. I know now he's rocking. He's like, hold, don't he tells him that clocks. He was the only one and he told me, he said, listen, I'm gonna take the rhym and I'm gonna chop it up. And that's the first time I've ever seen that in my life, that I could actually rhyme and get it all out and one one whatever. But he could take that and say relax, dance and order some pluck you. So after after that advice, you kept doing that that way. Listen to his records after that one record. After that he understood songs song progression. It was verse verse verse hook, verse hook verse hook. Think about it because after that album, what album you what album you made? That's you go down? Don't let me tell you about because I gotta DJ now, I gotta go change. No, this is your third fucking champagne this water.
Speaker 6: Listen when you DJ, ain't nobody's gonna see your right thigh. Nobody's gonna see your right thig. When your DJ, he's gone ship right. It wasn't me open that ship up.
Speaker 7: Got that.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm not. I'm good. You ain't gotta I'm so hot, right, you gotta last? I love thank you. I'm saying it was really really nice. No, God, listen to listen to me, everybody. It was really one of the first producers who actually pulled me to the side and said, Slim, I understand what you're doing. I get it, but let me structure your ship. And it was you too. A lot of people credit you know, for Real or Swiss, but they came in our album That's Dope to hit us.
Speaker 15: But you were still learning because one of one of the stories, no I'm gonna tell you, I'm still learn I know.
Speaker 1: But one of the stories that I love from an R is that you say.
Speaker 2: That you was counting bars with what what?
Speaker 1: What what? And that's what I love that. I love that story. No, that's how I counted balls. But think about it.
Speaker 2: So claud get executive producing credit for that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, No, he's not going to give that up because he's not gonna look for that check to go. Come me for that. But the bottom line, I get what you're trying to say. You're trying to say is that moment gave you the ability to look at your songs differently and and and think songs instead of thinking I'm just gonna be rhyming. I get it. Yeah, I get it. I respect it. And because think about it, after the war report what happened?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 6: What? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: How? Long after every sixteen bars? Sixteen bars?
Speaker 8: What? What? What?
Speaker 1: Sixteen bars? Well? What what that was the same sixteen bar breakup that I I don't like to say taught. I'd rather say I can't talk about it. I say, now you know why because I don't. I don't believe that. I just believe it was something that he didn't he didn't know, But I don't think it was a taught It was an enlightened I'm like, yo, look, if you do this, it's a song when you The thing is when you listen to war report, like I can go back to the War Report, and if you listen to the War Report, it's a bunch of wild ass records, and then this is one record that makes you go, oh, I get it, I get all of that wild shit. When you listen to Closer to this paper, you just do because it calms you down and you can hear what he's saying and be like, Okay, before you're just like, I'm as wild as this motherfucker right here. But then we listen to that, you're like, hold up, he stopped for a second, and he gave you closer to this. You know what I'm saying. So it was it was, want to tell you, what's even crazier. It was the last record. And the reason why is because honestly, when it comes to producing, sometimes I can be a little competitive. So I just wanted to hear everything and figure out what can I do that's going to be different from everything I heard. And everything I heard, I was like, oh, this is damn easy. You know why, because the reason why he came to me was to try to get a single. He was like, YO, give me a single. So I gave him a single. Funny shit is it wasn't him as a single, so they went with something else and it worked out because it was him by himself, so it couldn't be a CNN record if it was him by himself. If that record was on War Report, it could have been a single. But it didn't make sense to put the CNN record out without poem. So I mean, you know that's the way that worked out. Trust me. If that record compone on it, that probably would have been for a single because it was it was structured like a record like a single. Yes it was, And that that's what the that's what he came to me for. He's like, give me saying I need a single. I'm so scared, And he was scared, and and but the thing is the funny Man and the chicks from from s WV coming to the studio the other day. I was like, I wasn't ready, no, because young dudes, you know he's not when I say tell you what this is. This is the guy I heard. Dangs, we ain't even going to that's we haven't even touched that. Am I going there? Right?
Speaker 6: You have to have that's the sec way. You ain't going away, Pa, you ain't.
Speaker 1: Going I got you, brother Clark, can't tell him if you don't make the d D show. I got you. I don't worry about the good.
Speaker 6: Never.
Speaker 1: I won't even touch it. Every thrusting to give me back. So it's getting closer, it's getting closer. Never gonna happen. So in my mind, damn Dan, Dan said Clark kiss coming because I was the biggest day of the day Slick Rick fans in the world me and mention the Slick is my favorite album. It's my favorite album ever. And then Yo, Clark coming to and I know it's name. I'm like, so every producer that ever came from the workfort like I wanted to shoot them. So you're answered my question. It's twenty five was always on it. I don't know, I just like shut up, asshole, Like yeah, I was just like a death. I feel like you can come in here.
Speaker 2: Looking at me at coming there.
Speaker 1: So I felt like that. I felt like I felt like what when Clark came in? Clark came was like but it felt like an og type of call. I felt like, yo, look do that. I get that you got because he played the beat and I was just like, let's go because that's what I did. Oh the firm ship what's the firm ship? Man on the next plane? I did as soon as I flu flew fluid and I used to write around in jail, so I had all wait up the timeline for me.
Speaker 2: At what point you did?
Speaker 1: I'm leaving and I'm leaving right after the war reports, right after the war report, after the war report, like not war report is out, like right after you finish the wordpot is out.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so it's out and then.
Speaker 1: You go do that okay, No, No, I know, I'm just nous.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 2: The crazy The.
Speaker 1: Crazy part is is hot or No is hot by himself because his pone is locked up.
Speaker 2: So he on the promo run in Miami.
Speaker 1: That's what we meant. I'm just saying that that's.
Speaker 2: How we want, that's how we meet. The promo run in Miami, isl he's.
Speaker 1: War He comes to my store, and I don't know if he's ever told you this. He was super stressed promoting War Report by himself.
Speaker 2: No fact I saw in my store super stressed.
Speaker 1: Wait, why would I know that? And he's not my artist because he's my fucking so I know it wasn't easy promoting CNN went only the end is there and then the sea can't speak for the sea and the way. So trust me, I don't even know like if in his heart he really wanted to be nor by himself, you know what I'm saying. I don't ever think that was trust me. When the first time I saw it, I was like, that's because Copone is locked up. He don't want to do a solo record. It's just that CNN War Report was so Niggas looked at that. She was like, Nah, that ship. It's almost like he had no choice because he had to hold it down. But I was around and taking them a drink. Camp should we jump on?
Speaker 2: We could jump during the show came No, we still we still have to go to the day to day.
Speaker 1: You're not leaving. You talk nothing about day to day. Man, I'm here, I'm not drunk.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I'm not drunk yet. But have a shot.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Shot. We can do another politics, all three talk. It's a table thing. No, I'm gonna ship God, trust me. I'll leave here.
Speaker 2: It's definitely penalty.
Speaker 1: I might be a drink. He listen, you put my shot whatever way, hand met hand your cup?
Speaker 6: I want to put so what that Tony tells these ends of the twenty minutes rich Tony and d Night can take twenty minutes extra d Night.
Speaker 1: It was one of the show the d Knights who I love, who came to me told me how to do a show. Here you go, brother, you you let me four o clocks? Hold on, where's your cup? Clock?
Speaker 2: You told me how to do a show.
Speaker 1: You respect. Imagine right now, even when I was troking weed and he was like, I hate that you always hung out with me the clock kid, Tonight, We're gonna fucking respect you. Thank you, you man, and we're gonna honor you the night Clock. And sorry that maybe the US a Jersey accident. It's not a us A. He's very offended. This is this is the also hip hop are mind? And you know what, you are one of the most.
Speaker 2: DJs that we You're the most DJs, the.
Speaker 1: One of the the most dj ever whatever that means.
Speaker 2: You have those DJs. I actually liked it, I know.
Speaker 1: But you're coming at me a little bit. You're the most sunless the clock. We're gonna honor you, will continue to fucking honor you because you know why, why you fucking deserve Thank you. I appreciate it, and I don't know what I'm about to salute with you. A bonga get your shot.
Speaker 2: I'm pulling you a heavy shot. Let's go, you get you get the yeah pink bong.
Speaker 1: I listened every week. I listened, listen, face peel like my baby on the body.
Speaker 2: Fuck it, let's go.
Speaker 1: I am not going to the couple that I am so happy. That's all. That's all him, that's all. That's all. That's all clock shouting, shout the mayor, the poor.
Speaker 2: Oh man claw.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be destroyed by the time.
Speaker 6: You know you're gonna You're gonna ask records, what is the Brest brand?
Speaker 1: The brush sneaking, It's the best sneaker brand. That's night. I gotta up.
Speaker 15: I like that.
Speaker 1: What's what's the best brand? Like the brand? I like that? Uh ad, that's you. That's a that's a send me some ship.
Speaker 6: But I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest. I'm going I'm going to question and know how I need that, my brother.
Speaker 6: Listen, hold hold on, let me interject real quick, gious, what's that you are you having to make a conversation.
Speaker 1: I don't make a conversation. What's you I'm telling you?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I forgot see it. Just hit me with I'm not drunk you No, no, no, hold on, brother, you got the Pharrel plug. That's the real Adida plug. I need that shout to push the to who's my man and the man you have the pharl plug? That means you got the human racist with the Japanese writing on them. No, I'm calling you out right now. No, no, no, no, I need no no listen, let's listen in your interview right now.
Speaker 1: Feedback. I need you sounds like I want to that. I no, no, I'm not pausing. I need you. No respect you.
Speaker 2: There's no pausing in it.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem with the problem was with Puerto Rican. You Puerto Rican black, Puerto Rican Italian. Puerto Rican didn't pay attention N and I don't then N, I did not pay. You don't speak no, God damn forget Italian.
Speaker 2: Speak to me Italian. I know you got pro run on speed dial.
Speaker 1: I need you. No, No, I'm not pausing plugs. I'm too old for that pouls ship right now. I need you, brother, to.
Speaker 11: Go on.
Speaker 1: There's no relax. I need you.
Speaker 6: I need that.
Speaker 1: No, I did not. I didn't. Now you know you know it's real.
Speaker 2: You have the plug.
Speaker 1: See this, this is this is ship that rappers don't understand.
Speaker 2: That really got the road, You really got cheat codes. I need you, brother, So listen.
Speaker 1: He told me my package is gonna arrivee in.
Speaker 2: Gee Christ.
Speaker 1: Where the funk are we? Right?
Speaker 2: Weird hazardous sounds and I need to plug chill.
Speaker 6: You're gonna DJ and a little why you're gonna accidentally scratch like nine records because you're halfway through a bottle of patron Hold listen, I.
Speaker 1: Just want to get things slipped you. We're gonna go past my hotel and I'm there. You feed you top weight. I said you would have dropped me to the hotel.
Speaker 6: If mister Lee is busy, I got you, Uper excel, I got you, you got your Trump, whatever you want, I got you.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 6: Why can't I just say it? Let's listen killing me? You know right now, I don't care about your ride back to the hotel. I care about no real Farrell DJ. Can't you care about I can't.
Speaker 1: It's my hero right now. And the packages be packages whatever you want to call it. You know, we don't even want to talk about this because he said they don't even want to talk about this. You're talking about the text messages will be so extra.
Speaker 2: No, the Texas will be so extra tonight.
Speaker 1: I need you. I leave, I leave. I'll leave it to uh the Niggers. I love you.
Speaker 2: He just called you a Bronx snake.
Speaker 1: Hold on, don't bronx nake. I heard brons that's what you're gonna ever hear my drunk drunk drunk, got drunk. Her brother rewinded me everybody else that ship. I'm gonna hit it. I hit it, okay exactly. This clock contact is really high. I'm fucked up right now. Your clock can't the mayor ball the mayor all sneakers to the thirty seven.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred thirty seven is an amazing number.
Speaker 1: That's a great job.
Speaker 2: But I agree to that number. You're killing the game play.
Speaker 1: You fucking ill be. I want to respect.
Speaker 15: Currency changes from culture because because he's smart, he's smart like that.
Speaker 1: To everybody's ideology.
Speaker 6: Here, wait a minute, he's good.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 22: Relax, you know, Medal, that's his act. Keep going with the act, buddy, you got to relax. But listen, let's take another shot. I let's go the you're just talking about about what about it that I'm drunk? What about With all due respect, I'm not drinking. I don't give a funk what y'all say. Drinking one much from Brooklyn?
Speaker 1: You know you can tell me you got to relax the Brooklyn I mean, I don't think. I don't think drink with your brother, your brother ploral were ship worked in the nineties. You want to know what's crazy from Brooklyn? Like like peer pressure on funk with me. I never forgot pears, like say, you know what's I'm not even lessen.
Speaker 2: I'm just pulling a clock shot.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna lose. B I'm not drinking any guys biting each other? Do you want to bite.
Speaker 15: Glass?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You what's really good? Big, We're good. You know that I love you to the left out.
Speaker 4: You don't love you no more ever love each other, everybody, Harward, let's go, let's go. Come your glass right there, Bama, not gonna take it easy. You sitting the scratch now.
Speaker 1: Let's all do expect. This is a motherfucker who has nothing to do right now.
Speaker 2: Make him Jay, I changed my flight with you.
Speaker 1: Let's go listen. Check this out. You're my brother, a fake that.
Speaker 6: You're worry If I don't get a podcast behind this ship, I'm gonna be a little I'm.
Speaker 1: Reading back.
Speaker 12: Somebody.
Speaker 1: Hold y'all, Hold y'all, I really ever on that listen. I know you're a little funked up, but remember this podcast was legends. I was a part of this. We're doing it checking the simber guy over here. That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I'm gonna call you club really last punk.
Speaker 2: You're out, Clark.
Speaker 1: You miss what I said? Joey? What about Joey? What do you think? Shout the established that style tea record this crazy bike around his as that that's I ain't got nothing bad to say about Joey bart Brooklyn. Is he from Flappers? I think yeah, maybe is it flap? I think he's from Flappers. She's only bad asking. He got a joint with j Cole and he got a joint with stous Peak.
Speaker 6: Both of them ships his legend shout the static selected them ships is legend.
Speaker 1: That's a producible. I don't know if he produced him or not. He produced stous joint. I know that Joy's dope. Where are you going with this? I'll just asking you heard about Cushing?
Speaker 2: What what you said? I'm your business partner right.
Speaker 1: Now, and I definitely just my questions. Okay, now's next. And that was like I don't speak.
Speaker 23: He said, if I do the club, I'm gonna break somebody's jaw. I promise you, you're break the job.
Speaker 6: Promise you hearing, I said, Michael, I said, we got you the air conditioner.
Speaker 1: I keep it one with all due respect, you did not get us the air conditioner. They got you the air conditioner. Move the ship over here. I'm not there. It's amazing. If I every way, it would be dry right now. I got that flock.
Speaker 6: Listen, you know what awesome. Gu I'm good I'm not gonna make it the puff party tonight. I'm going to your we go to all parties, all party.
Speaker 1: I'm not going I got your word one party, ain't you?
Speaker 2: I got your Come on, there's no word. I'll tell you everywhere the six Just.
Speaker 1: What are we at? Where we at right now? Day to day? I ain't forget day to day. Let's looking some more fast man? Sooners got there stories?
Speaker 2: Why why not.
Speaker 1: Anything about.
Speaker 11: Day?
Speaker 1: My guy?
Speaker 2: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: It happened because I was DJing at a talent show at Washington or in high school and those record that just dropped and he came to the school and he was going to perform for the crowd, and he asked me if I could drop the record, And the way that I dropped the record made him say, Yo, you know that that was perfect? Do you think you could like do that for me at another at another place? Pause a little little sexpect right there, But anyway, he asked me if I could you know DJ form at another place? And I said sure, and I did, And from that point on I was his DJ day to day with Danny Day met me? You got Danny Day met me? J Clark What meant he met me being DJ Clark and I was already d J Clark when he met me, So it wasn't he put me on thing. It was a He was like, yo, can can you come along with fame? What fan? Yep, Dan dang with fame? Here the entertained. By the time I leave, you remember my name? The next question I got, I got a man questions because I want the world to hear what I know. All right, you gotta.
Speaker 2: It's your show. I got to ship ship.
Speaker 1: There was no no, no, I ask nothing interview. I'm an interviewer. So there was a point in life.
Speaker 6: Talk about when you when you told the world that jay Z was the best MC ever. You told Grand Master Kaz that Yeah, and if I'm not mistake, you told me that too.
Speaker 1: I didn't necessarily tell them both because I was trying to tell them. What I did was I said at the New Music Seminar, while the MC battle was going on, is that a Jack the Rapper thingland New Music Seminar. Jay was with me and I turned and I said to him, by the way, this is the best MC in the world. Then we kept going with the m C battling. By that at the time of the by the time the battle was over, Grand Masters and Mellie Melwo off to the side of the state. And these are my guys, like the god known Grandmaster Kaz for a lot of my life and Mel for a lot of my originators. Yeah, yeah, was the first best MC ever.
Speaker 6: That's why I brought this up.
Speaker 1: So he says, Nigga, what the fuck is you talking about? And Mel was like, nigga, you see me staying there, like, how the fuck are you just gonna say some crazy ship like that? And you have to understand, like, these are guys that I have respect for, and I look at like, nah, you guys are the forefront of the culture. Think about this. If there's no message, there's no gangster rap. There's a lot of things no no, no, no, no, no no, A lot of things would have happened. But that was the record when he said what he said on the message, and the.
Speaker 11: Fact might have been called reality reality, but all is reality right right right right.
Speaker 1: So my thing is, if you don't hear this first reality rap record, do you ever get to CNN ever? Do you ever get to n w A, Do you ever get to Schoolly D?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: You don't the first reality rap record that that you can know that broke through and made it.
Speaker 2: They did white lines to right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was after the message No, no, no, no, it's not that lineage don't matter. What matters is the message was made. People heard a child that ship this guy.
Speaker 17: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is on a record, you heard pretty lady living in a bag. You know what I'm saying. You heard may tag, You heard all kinds of crazy shit on this one record that wasn't Yeah, We're gonna go to the party, were gonna botlems, We're gonna get drunk and we're gonna have a party, because every record before that was that until Melly Mellan Duke Booty made the message rap changes. I mean anything that anything that you would have said was reality became gangster rap, which is corny because it should all be called reality rap.
Speaker 6: After after you told him Jay was the best ever, what's going to be the best ever? How long after did they sit there and tell you that they.
Speaker 1: Agree with you? Oh? Maybe about about three years later. There was a there was a Zulu There was a Zulu anniversary conference, and the Bronx I was actually in Manhattan and Grandmaster Kas had a table in it where he was selling Grand h all of like like Grandmaster Cads had a table full of tapes of Phyllis, Phyllis four, Fantastic five, Furious five, Current Cat for sim C's Cold Crush Brothers. He had this table where he was selling actual cassette copies of the old school jams that were on tapes back in the days. At this at this at the Zulu Anniversary. And I walked into the Zulu Niversity and I see Kaz and I'm like, damn, I don't know if I could speak to my man, who I've known since I was a young boy, is he gonna still be like what up?
Speaker 2: And he was like, Yo, let me talk to you.
Speaker 1: And I'm like shit. So we go over to the side. He was like, Yo, I just want to tell you something. Man. He was right about jay Z. And I was like shit. So everything I was trying to tell y'all, tell y'all, like, dude, is like really that deal? Like nobody would listen to me and understand me. Like jay Z had come out second album, were rocking, nobody could tell me anything. You say what you want to say, feel how you want to feel. I knew I was right. Jay Z is killing it, and then Grandmaster says, who you was right about jay Z? To me that damn nar was my grammy because he's Grandmaster Kasz. He's the first MC that I looked at and was like, he's the best. Even though Ratt would look at Melly Mellon go he was the best. I looked at Katz and was like, I really like Melly Melo, but I think he's the best. So the first best MC came to me and said, yo, you was right about jay Z. Karas One tried to tell me I was bugging when I was talking about when I was talking about jay Z, he did.
Speaker 2: We was in the studio, we were at I never heard that he knew he was dope.
Speaker 1: One was making a record called five Boroughs and he was like, yeah, I'm gonna put the Dots effects Dots effects on it. I was like, yo, you sho, you should put jay Z on it. He was like why and I was like what, Like what the fuck are you talking about? Like I said, dog, jay Z is that nigga?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: He was like, I don't know what you see clock And I was like, you from Brooklyn. Yeah, understand me. He was making a record called five Rows, so it would have been somebody from Brooklyn, you know, standing down in Queen's line. You know what I'm saying. He chose Dos and I was looking at him like, dog, I'm not mad at you choosing Dos because they're from Brooklyn, so I'm not mad period, but dog, like jay Z is an inferno, like you might want to use it. He was like why, I don't get it? And I was just like, what you put a bridge? He should have moved, like you know what I'm saying, like you what, what the fuck are you listening to? That? You can't say that dude is super nice, Like he's not nice on a regular level. He's like nice on the level that you can't even come close to, Like he's like nice somewhere else, like if there's an alternate Earth, Jay's there by himself. You know what I'm saying, Like, what the nicer you talking about? So when you say that to me, get to understand. I'm the guy who's standing in front going nah, nigga, you can't fuck with hole. But then you tell me that, like you what, come on and stop it? Then you deserve a smack on the hand for that, like, let your jealousy together the way.
Speaker 14: I like that.
Speaker 1: Man, you don't know what you was talking about? Do you will tell them what that? Tell him?
Speaker 2: Just tell him, no, just tell him.
Speaker 1: Fuck. I'm like, fuck my nigga, Yeah, fuck, can't there's anything better? Then we keep continue to praise and respect and your presence has rung us to the drink champs. And we love you. We love everything you represent. You love everything you had a part to be a part of. And you are you doing? Yo? Come on, guys, guy.
Speaker 2: Talk over here.
Speaker 1: Man. You love everything that Clark Kent is a part of the work. Clark Kent, He's sitting here like a red devil blood God the fuck are you talking about right now? You know you're in the gang world, yo. I guess because I would like to say Norway, thanks for having me, Maya, thanks for for for for Convict and EFN you know you, my nigga. I don't know what the funck he is talking about right now? What gangs like? Thank you for having me? You went to the.
Speaker 2: House then put your album?
Speaker 1: Can't thank you for being here? You want a blame Chancellor, m me, you wanted to work. Verse very first people who sat down with me and told me relas so you had to make a record six hundred balls. Wait, y'all need to do a record together. Now you got ala ship the work. Let's have that happened, like I love that's we're doing it already. All right then I'm a fucking prophet. You gotta relax. I don't be honest, I don't cigarette. I'm no a no talk. I'm not going just trust me. I'm not the manager. But no, no, thank you so much, thank you for having me, Bro, Thank you your man. I know this is a pleasure.
Speaker 10: Was to thank you for having it one year anniversary. I'm advisity nice, Okay, thank you so much. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Listen, I just want to say thank you for having me here. And it's an honor to be your one year anniversary guests.
Speaker 2: Let's take let's take a shout to that no shot.
Speaker 1: Up yo. Let you know, lets you know you're from the Brolet's mind, you know what's just no, no, no, I officially ain't ship for real. No, you really take this, y'all have taken not taking a shot y'all, ain't you gotta ship? Cluck. You gotta walk away from just take want we gotta take pictures. Then you gotta take pictures.
Speaker 2: Do this.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take pictures that you want. I'm not taking make some mo clock came away. Let that go, Let that go, Let that go, yes, sir, let that go
Speaker 6: Here,