Speaker 1: What's up, everybody. Welcome to the latest edition of The Stephen A. Smith Show, coming at you as I love to do at the very least three times a week over the digital airways of YouTube and of course iHeartRadio. As always, I like to pause for a moment before I get into anything to thank my followers, my subscribers, my listeners for always supporting, to show the way that you do care to appreciate the love and support more. I can't thank y'all enough. Okay, the millions of downloads over the last few months courtesy of our heart radio and of course a YouTube subscriber base that has now eclipsed one point twenty five million. Can't thank y'all enough. This show wouldn't be what it is if it were not for you. I thank you from the bottom of Mohara on behalf of myself or my team. Keep the love coming and I'm gonna keep on coming. To continue to like and follow the show and get notified for all of our newest content, just click the bell that will notify you of all of our newest content and YouTube shall be considered the latest. Remember the Steven A. Smith Show. Family, And while you're doing that, make sure to pick up a copy of my New York Times best selling book, Straight Shooter, a Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes, now in paperback. Just go to straightshto book dot com to get yourself a copy. Once again, that straight you too book dot com to get yourself a copy. There's a lot to get into always. This is gonna be a relatively quick show because I'm traveling back from the NBA Finals. I haven't had any sleep, but I wasn't gonna sit up there and deny y'all the opportunity to see another edition of The stephen A. Smith Show. So here we go with it. Just expect me to be a little quick today. All right. We're gonna get started with the NBA Finals that concluded last night with Game seven in Oklahoma City with the Thunder crowd as champions for the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five season. The game featured a devastating injury to pay the star Tyreese Halliburton. I'll get to that in a moment, but I first want to give props to the Thunder, who completed the season having the best record and the best player in the entire NBA. Shaye Gilgus Alexander or as my colleague Malika Andrews from ESPN so affection, the league calls him Shay. Butter capped his historic season with twenty nine points and twelve assists in Game seven, By the way, forty minutes, just one turnover. He's just the fourth play in NBA history to win the regular season MVP and scoring title while becoming an NBA champion. The Thunder victory is also the culmination of longtime general manager Sam Presty. Presty, who has been in charge since the two thousand and seven two thousand and eight season, has led Oklahoma City to the second most regular season victories in that span or in the league during that span. I like to start there first and foremost. I'm gonna start off giving some love to Sam Presty, because here's the reason why nobody was calling him out more than me. I respect the hell out of him. I think that over the years he's accumulated Hall of Fame talent, and he's been in charge since two thousand and seven. My issue with him is that they didn't close One of my favorite movies is really the opening monologue by Alec Baldwin, always be, always be closing, and that was something that we could never say about the Oklahoma City Thunder, And it got on my last damn nerves because throughout the years, I remember when Sam Presty had a team and I looked at players, the players that he's had on the squad, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James hard and Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Victor Oladipo, Paul George, still having Russell Westbrook, Okay Carmelo Anthony. The list just goes on and on and on, but no championship to show for it. Anybody else, somebody would be asking when we're gonna get the chip? When are we gonna get the championship? Well, finally Oklahoma City answered the call. Courtesy of Shay Gilgess, Alexander and Sam Presty deserves a boatload of credit. They've got about anywhere from thirteen to fifteen first round picks in the very near future, and they got a championship squad. Now, that's the second youngest squad in NBA history to have captured such a feat. Only the Portland Trailblazers from the nineteen seventy six seventy seven season, led by Bill Waltson, was considered younger, averaging a little over twenty five years of age, whereas Oklahoma City averaged twenty five and a half years of age. This is who they are. This is what Oklahoma City brings to the table. Shay gilg just is a superstar in this league, all right, averaging thirty four in game sevens. I'm looking at what this brother has done, and you guess you just gotta stand down. He's one of the best players in the world. And there's no way around it. It's just that simple. Right now. If you're telling me a top five in the NBA, you can make a legitimate argument that he's top two easily. Him and Nicola Jokich to the Denver Nuggets. That's what you could do. I give you my top five a little bit later if you want me to, but that's where I'm at with it right now. Got to give love to Jay Dubb, Jaylen Williams showing himself to be that sidekick that any championship squad needs that Oklahoma City has. With Shay Gilgess Alexander needing that sidekick. The only thing missing from Jay Dubb's game is consistency everything else. He's a legit six six sixty seven. He's got a j He's got ball handling skills. He could finish at the basket, he could finish in the open court. He could hit free throws. He's got a mid range game. Plus, he defends. One of only two players in the entire NBA. Him and Evan Mobley of the Cleveland Cavaliers made an All NBA team and an All NBA Defensive team. Can't deny what Alex Caruso, you know, the eldest statesmen of this crew, meant to this team this year. Can't deny what Isaiah Hartenstein, who came over from the New York Knicks last year, meant to this team this year. Cheded Holmgren is just in his third year there. Look at what he's been able to do this year. You got cats coming off the bench like Wiggins and Wallace and these cats. Oklahoma City is loaded and then not going away, and they deserve a boatload of credit for it. They really really do. My hat's off to them. My hat's off to coach Dagnault, who I thought, listen, had they lost Game seven last night, we all know what we would have been talking about we've been talking about what happened in Game one, how he changed the starting lineup before tip off for the NBA Finals even arrived, and we would have said, Yo, what the hell are you thinking? But turns out they ended up getting it done and propped to them for doing so. It didn't come easy. It came hard because the Indiana Pacers were valiant and defeat they pushed this series to seven games, and if certain things had gone their way, who knows, we might be sitting here talking about them as NBA champions. But it was not to be. And that's where we go with the second subject. We get to Tyrese Halliburton, the Pacers point guard, got off to a hot start, scoring nine points on three or five shooting, but it all came to an end with just under five minutes left in the first quarter. That's what Halliburton tried to drive left and his right leg gave out and he crashed to the floor in pain. He was carried off the court, and his father, John Halliburton, later revealed what many suspected an appearent Achilles' injury. When it was over, Tyrese Halliburton stood on crutches outside the Pacers locker room, welcoming teammates with an embrace as each one came off the floor following Indiana's one of other three ninety one loss to the Thunder. I know y'all have seen me on many occasions talking about Tyre's Halliburton and how he's no superstar, But it doesn't mean that he didn't have the impact of a superstar. It doesn't mean that he's not a damn good player. As I reminded his father when he and I were talking following their Game six winning Indianapolis the other night, I said, I was clamoring for the Knicks to draft your son, and the fairness his father was a class act, very pleasant to talk to in the whole bit, and to see him crying last night was not a good sight to see, because boy does he love his son and he believes in his son. And it's a damn shame that Tyre's Halliburton had to go out like that, because I'm here to tell y'all, if Tyree's Halliburton the way that he was rolling, we all know when he starts off strong, he usually he has a very very good game, and last night he shot. He had three of his first four shots, all three with three point shots. And when you look at what he brought to the table, I mean, the Pacers looked like they were gonna have Okac in some trouble because we all know that Okac's weakness is the half court offense, and sometimes it goes a bit stale, and they engage in ISO ball by getting the ball to Shay gilges Alexander to come and rescue today and we know, listen, that might not have been enough. So I look at it from that standpoint and give love and respect where is due. The Pacers them hard. Nie Smith, they got a future Benedict Mathren. I know he had some bad games, but he had some good moments. I believe in that kid. Miles Turner and Nie Smith seemed a bit like they the moment was too big for them in a game seven, but they weren't horrible. They got some skills. You could keep this Indiana team attack and they could still make some noise within the Eastern Conference. The problem is is that you're not playing next season with Halliburton. And don't get me started on TJ McConnell. Obie Topping had an awful game, no points, four shots, clearly rattled at the departure of Tyre's Halliburton, which he openly confessed after the game. But when you look at TJ McConnell, ladies and gentlemen, let me put it in perspective. If the Indiana Pacers had won the game last night, I might have named TJ McConnell on MVP Game five, the way he exploded in the third quarter Game seven with twelve points in the third quarter. Yeah, both fourth quarters only scored and scored zero points, had one shot, but partially being taken out and having this rhythm disrupted by Rick Carlile, who is gonna rely on others because the size and etc. You might take him out. But TJ McConnell was big time for the Pacers in this NBA Final Series, big time for them. I got nothing but love for this kid. I've known him since his days in Philly, that little either, little engine, that could, little rough rider. He could be on my team any day. Got nothing but love for TJ McConnell, and he warranted MVP consideration if the Pacers had won, That's the truth. But it wasn't to be because Oklahoma City Thunder was the best team in basketball all year long, and they showed it. And so it is what it is. They are the champions. Here's the thing to be concerned about next season. Look at this right here, y'all. Tyree's Halliburton, Achilles, Jason Tatum, Achilles, Damian Lilla, the Achilles, Kyrie, Irvin acl That's where I mean. These guys are gonna those three, those first three Haliburton, Tatum, and Lila are gonna be out probably for the whole season. Kyrie gonna be out for most of the season. We're starting next NBA season twenty five twenty six season without those four guys. That is not good. And the NBA a global iconic brand, don't doubt it for one second. The NBA. You need them players. People love the NBA the world over, but we need those players. It's a damn shame. And I'm just telling you right now when you look at them, got to tell you it's paying for to watch those injuries. I mean, Kyrie is a spectacular talent. This is a superstar player and the champion. We want to see him. Damian Lillard, we know what a closer he is. We want to see him. Jason Tatum is a champion of the twenty seven point per game scorer who's made all the NBA t in the last four years. We want to see him, and all three of them are out. Them and Halliburton are out for most, if not all, of next season, which brings into question what Lakers coach former ESPN and ABC analyst JJ Reddick said when he was comparing old school to the day's game and how pace of play wears and tears on the body just as much, if not more than the physicality from the seventies to eighties, the nineties, and right now it's looking like he's having a point because look at the injuries that we're witnessing. Look at that. Damn. It was sad when I saw Haliburton go down. Broke my heart because I wanted to see a healthy Haliburt on the court making noise. And I originally he was playing so well, he played so well in Game six, I said to myself, I don't want to hear anything about injuries. I ain't seen somebody with a CAF injury move like that. And then sure enough he goes down in Game seven, and the injury was very, very earily reminiscent of how Kevin Durant went down against Toronto in a Game five where cav just rolled up the way that it did and Achilles tour painful, no doubt, wishing nothing but the best of tires. Haliburton props to him, Congrats to him for the season and particularly the playoffs that he had, wishing him a speedy recovery. God bless him, his dad and his family. Hope they get I hope he gets healthy much much sooner than later, because he's a bright spot for this league. I ain't call him a superstar, but he can have superstar impact from toime to tom He's a damn good player and I wish him nothing but the best. I got more to touch on, particularly with Kevin Durant getting traded to the Houston Rockets, but not before I pay these bills. All right, folks, I need you all to stop what you're doing and listen up. You know I love this time of year, right the WNBA season is in full effect, and with all his action jumping off to Stephen A. Smith, Show wants to make sure you take advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with Prize Picks the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is really easy to use. You know, just pick more or less on a few player stats and you could win up to two thousand times your cash on a single lineup. Best of all Prospects will get your fifty dollars in lineups. When you play your first five up, we're gonna lose. You'll get fifty bucks in lineups. Just use promo code says and download Prospects Now again. Download the app and use code says to get fifty dollars in lineups instantly after your first five dollar lineup. Prospects, Hey, hey, run your game. The Indiana Fever will take on the Seattle Storm tomorrow night in Seattle, so I'll give you my picks for the game. First up, will Caitlin Clark score more or less than zero point five points? Next question? Please? Zero point five points. That's like saying she ain't gonna make a free throw, she ain't gonna make a basket, she aint gonna make a three point stop. Just stop it. Don't even ask me that damn question. Of course, the answer to that is more. Next up, will a Leah Boston score more or less than fourteen points. I'm gonna go with more on this I think that she's gonna have a big game. Why not go with the Lea Boston? I like her? Next up, will Skyler Diggins score more or less than seventeen and a half points? I think that might be a bit much in this particular game. I can see they's scoring fifteen sixteen. You probably gonna get more than seventeen and a half. I'm gonna go with less on this one. And finally, will Gabby Williams score more or less than thirteen ten and a half points? I'm going with more on this one too. Why I have no damn idea. I'm just going with more. So let's recheck. Okay, let's get back to it. More for Caitlyn Clark, more for Leah Boston, less for Skylet Diggins, and more for Gaby Williams. Okay, you like it. I like it. Most of the picks were more because we think about more when we think about prospects. Right, listen, Let's move on and go to Prospects app and check out the Caitlin Clark free pick. It's live now. Welcome back. Now, let's get to the trade news. Early in the day that may shake up the Western Conference. The Phoenix Suns agreed on a deal to send Kevin Durant to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Jalen Green Dylan Brooks, the number ten pick in this year's draft, along with five second round picks. The fifteen time NBA All Star now elevates the Rockets positioning for championship contention within the Western Conference. Durant joins the lineup that includes Alperine, Chagoon, i'm In Thompson, and veteran Guardfred van Bleet. Houston won fifty two games under coach Email Udoka this past season. The trade can be formally completed when the new league year begins July sixth. You see those odds right there, Okay, see is still a plus two to twenty, still about nearly four times better than the Houston Rockets. But that doesn't mean that the Houston Rockets are unentitled contender. As you see then the top four in terms of Vegas odds right there or ESPN bet odds, because they should be. When you look at the Phoenix Suns, first things first, for those looking at them as saying five second round picks, the tenth overall, pick Dylan Brooks, Jalen Green. You know, couldn't they have gotten more? Well, Kevin Durant's like thirty six turns thirty seven at the end of September if I remember correctly, and he's in a position to sign a two year deal, which means he'd be playing and making over sixty plus million dollars you know, approach in his thirty ninth birthday. My attitude is, so what he's Kevin Durant. He's that dude. You couldn't get so much for him because of his age and the fact that he gave you those choices that he wanted to go to. You wanted to go to Miami, San Antonio or Houston. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell of Miami heat then prioritize getting him. Now. I know you don't want to give up Tyler Hero because you want Kevin Durant to play with somebody, So you want him to play with a Tyler Hero and a band out of Bio. I get that. But as long as you got those two, I don't give a damn what you got to give up to get Kevin Durant. You do it. If you're the Miami Heat because you've got to be able to get something. You got to be able to get something. You can't be inside to be squeezing and playing for the playing and then you're going home. The second game of a playing or the first round of the playoffs is pat Riley, it's Mickey Arrison, it's Eric Spolstra. It's the Miami Heat. We expect better, and you got to go out there and get those stars. And the fact that you can't or you haven't been able to close deals in it. It's just a reminder of what I've said to all of y'all when it comes to pat Riley. I love him. I revere him. He is the winner within. He's a champion. There's a players the champion as a coach, he's a champion as an executive. I get it. He's pat Riley. But that doesn't mean you don't need to step upstairs. Sometimes I just say step down. I said step up, meaning having a meritis status, mingling with the owner, vibing, talking, conjoling, etc. And talking to the coach of the president of basketball operations, but leaving the actual responsibility to somebody else. I think it's time to give that to Eric Spostra, I really really do. But back to the KD deal, Phoenix one could argue they could have gotten better. I'm not so sure that. So they had to take the trade that they could get five second round picks, a first round of number ten overall, and Dylan Brooks, who's a starter in Jalen Green, who's a starter and twenty two years of age, very athletic and very capable. He just needs his skills honed in a bit better, no doubt, no doubt. And if you're the Phoenix Sons, this has to make you happy. Because Jalen Green could play, Dylan Brooks can play. The tenth overall pick is gonna be a good player. You can matriculate, you can materialize something out of those second round picks into something worthwhile. Okay, and in a way, and now you've got to prioritize getting rid of Bradley Beal. Him and Lebron James are only two people in the entire league that have a no trade clause, and Phoenix wants him going in the worst way, to the point where I'm being told that if they can't get rid of him, they might sit his ass down or pay him to stay home, but they don't want Bradley Beal on the Phoenix Suns any longer. And if you're Bradley Beal, you got to think about how good that looks for you or how bad that looks for you. They paying you over fifty million, they don't want you, and they can't give you away for a box of cookies. What the hell is going on? What are you doing that they got them questioning that about you? How this is not stephen A talking. I'm just saying to you, this is what they're saying in Phoenix about Bradley Beal. There's nowhere around us. So if you know that's your circumstances in your situation, you're not in much of a position to play hardball with anybody about Kevin Durant now to Houston and Kevin Durant with Chagoon of Van Vliet, and I'm and Thompson, who I think is an absolute stud. This brother's gonna be it. He's got star written all over him. Jabari Smith, I think the Houston Rockets are in position to compete for the championship. I really really do. When ladies and gentlemen, their issues was perimeter shooting, half court set, three point shooting, etc. These are problems Kevin Durant single handedly resolves. He's KD. He's KD. I know he's gotten on me, he's criticized me. Ma, Please, I ain't gotten up of love for that brother. Kevin Durant's a good brother. Heart's in the right place. He just gets sensitive some time, that's all. But this brother's all world player. Don't wish harm on nobody, and will bust your living ass anytime he on the basketball court and the ball is in. He can do what he wants offensively. Nobody can stop him. He's unguardable. Ladies, gentlemen, let me throw you these stats up here because I want you to see what Kevin Durant did in the earlier part of his career and what he's doing now throughout his career. Twenty seven points, fifty percent shooting, thirty nine percent from three point range, eighty eight percent shooting from the free throw line, seven rebounds, four sister. Look at his numbers last season at age thirty six, twenty six shooting better from the field, shoot better from three point range. Might have done a little less for the free throw line, but this is Kevin Durant. Remember the years ago when Patrick Beverly was was knowing at him and stuff like that, and people were getting on him for not being aggressive, and he says, I could do this and I could do that, but I don't want you because that's not playing within the Florida game. But I'm Kevin Durant. You know who I am. You know who I am? Yes, the hell we do. He's Kevin Durant, and aged Town has got him. It's one of the places he wanted to go. He earned the right to pick his destiny. He's pulled it off, and now Kevin Durant is going to Houston. To me, that solidifies him as one of the top two seeds in the Western Conference and one of the top three seeds in the entire NBA. I applaud the fact that aunt Man Anthony Edwards in Minnesota or upon hearing that Kevin Durant didn't want to go there, refuse to give him a call to try to coax him into coming. I applaud that because guess what, if the brother don't want to be there, it ain't gonna be nothing but problems if he ends up coming there. So you got to make sure he wants to be there. And if he didn't want to be in Minnesota, he didn't want to be in Minnesota, he wanted to be in h Town.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: It's Kevin Durant. You know who he is. You know who he is. But despite what we've known, we haven't seen him coached by an email Eudoka. It's got roots with him back in Brooklyn. They know each other. Email Udoka wanted this to happen, no matter what reservations everybody else had. Email Udoka wanted this to happen, and that is why it happened. Kevin Durant knows this. I anticipate he will responding con to be the electrifying basketball superstar we all know him to be. And for Houston to threaten to take the West okase, he ain't got nothing to worry about right now. They're the champions, but that don't mean they ain't got something to look out for. Come October, you feel me, You feel me coming up? Then Trump drops bombs on Iran, causing significant damage to three nuclear sites. What does it all mean for the United States and Iran's war with Israel. I'll get into all of that next right here on the steven As Smith Show. You know I love my politics, right, don't go away, I got more to say. Be back for more than a minute. All right, everybody listen up with all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day. To stephen A. Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage of it all. That's why we partnered with Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is really easy to use. You enough to create a lineup. All you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players all in the same entry, then sit back and watch. The list is endless. You can play Prospects in over forty states, including California and Texas. Best of all, Prospects will give you fifty dollars in lineups. When you play your first five dollar lineup, win a little, you'll get fifty bucks in lineups. Just use promo code SAS and download Prospects Now again. Download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars in lineups instantly after your first five dollar lineup. Prospicts, Hey, hey, run your game.
Speaker 3: A short time ago, the US military carried out massive precision strikes on the three key nuclear facilities in the Iranian regime for dou Natance and s Fahan. Everybody heard those names for years as they built this horribly destructive enterprise. Our objective was the destruction of orange nuclear enrichment capacity and a stop to the nuclear threat posed by the world's number one state sponsor of terror. Tonight, I can report to the world that the strikes were a spectacular military success. Iran's key nuclear and Richmond facilities have been completely and totally obliterated. Rand the bully of the Middle East must now make peace. If they do not, future attacks would be.
Speaker 2: Far greater and a lot easier.
Speaker 3: For forty years, Iran has been saying death to America, death to Israel. They have been killing our people, blowing off their arms, blowing off their legs with roadside.
Speaker 2: Bombs, that was their specialty.
Speaker 3: We lost over a thousand people, and hundreds of thousands throughout the Middle East and around the world.
Speaker 2: Have died as a direct result of their hate.
Speaker 3: In particular, so many were killed by their general Cassem Solamani. I decided a long time ago that I would not let this.
Speaker 2: Happen, it will not continue.
Speaker 3: I want to thank and congratulate Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu. We worked as a team like perhaps no team has worked before, and we've gone a long way to erasing this horrible threat to Israel. I want to thank the Israeli military for the wonderful job they've done. And most importantly, I want to congratulate the great American patriots who flew those magnificent machines tonight, and all of the United States military on an operation the likes of which the world has.
Speaker 2: Not seen in many, many decades.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we will no longer need their services and this capacity.
Speaker 2: I hope that's so.
Speaker 3: I also want to congratulate the Chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff, General Dan Raisin Kane, spectacular general, and all of the brilliant military minds involved in this attack. With all of that being said, this cannot continue. There will be either peace or there will be tragedy for Iran, far greater than we have witnessed over the last eight days. Remember, there are many targets left. The night's was the most difficult of them all by far, and perhaps the most lethal.
Speaker 2: But if peace does not come, quickly.
Speaker 3: We will go after those other targets with precision, speed and skill. Most of them can be taken out in a matter of minutes. There's no military in the world that could have done what we did tonight, not even close. There has never been a military that could do what took place just a little while ago. Tomorrow, General Kin, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, we'll have a press conference at eight am at the Pentagon, and I want to just thank everybody, and in particular God, I want to just say, we love you God, and we love our great military.
Speaker 2: Protect them.
Speaker 3: God bless the Middle East, God bless Israel, and God bless America.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Stephen Eismith Show. That was President Donald Trump leate Saturday night announcing the Estates had struck three nuclear sites in Iran. The President sent b two bombers and dropped a number of massive ordinance penetrate the bombs also known as bunker busters, during the mission over Iran. Earlier today, the United Nations Nuclear watchdog said the bombing ray likely caused quote very significant damage end quote to the underground parts of Iran's Far Doh nuclear site. Meanwhile, Iranian military officials and members of parliament vowed that the United States will pay a price for the strikes, and today they fired missiles toward US bases in Iraq and Qatar. All this while President Trump alluded to the possibility of regime change in Iran in a social media post Sunday. There has been no word yet from Iran Supreme leader, but the exile quote Crown Prince end Quote of Iran has called for the iotolic COMMANI to step down and face justice. This ugly situation, no doubt about it. And those of us who are reticent about war involving the United States, I can't blame them. But it doesn't stop there, and we're not about to stop there. On this show, I will preface my comments by saying that I'm the novice of the crew compared to officionados out there who cover politics for a living. But boo boo to fool can see certain things. That's pretty damn obvious. Number One, we have a situation where Iran has been a threat to our ally in the Middle East, Israel for many, many years. We understand that they have called for death to Israel, just like they've called for death to the United States of America. When you consider that, and you consider how determined they appear to be to wipe Israel off the face of this earth, we shouldn't be surprised that we're here today. I don't like war. I don't like war evolving America. I get that part. But I do believe that if Iran had a nuclear weapon, that they would use it. And I do agree that you can't allow an enemy of the United States to have a nuclear weapon. It's that simple to me. Having said that, I want to preface the comment by saying I stand by everything that I say if it's absolutely true, and let's not sit here and act like they're arening questions as to whether or not that is true. You got to remember that since nineteen ninety six, Benjamintan, Yahoo, the leader of Israel, has repeatedly stated that Iran is close to developing a new weapon. He said it in nineteen ninety six, he said it in two thousand, he said it in two thousand and five, he said it in twenty and eleven, he said it in twenty and fourteen, he said it in twenty and fifteen, he said it in twenty and eighteen. He said it in twenty and twenty, he said it in twenty and twenty four. Ladies and gentlemen, it's been almost thirty years since nat Yahoo's been saying this. So forgive folks in the world if there's some skeptics out there, because we all know that he doesn't play. He wants to eradicate Iran at all courts, at least the ability to have a nuclear weapon. He wants to completely disarmor because he considers them a threat to the existence of Israel. Now here's where I get frustrated, because once again, here's the novice, that's a centrist that comes into play, and he's listening to all of this stuff. And here's where I get infuriated. The Democrats are calling, or at least some of them, are calling for the impeachment of Donald Trump. Same old song and dance. Thought we heard this before. I thought that was over and done with. The minute you lost the election, with the popular voter in the electoral College, Roldan losing every sweep state, I thought we were over that. But evidently not. Question Number one, No matter what you feel about the president of the United States, do you think that's the time, while we're in the middle of such strife to be calling for the impeachment of the president of the United States, particularly if you're a representative, you're an elected official in the United States of America. I don't think so. It's number one. Number two were the Democrats saying that when Obama Bamba Libya when he was in office, we're making all of this noise about how the War Powers Act is utilized and how Donald Trump didn't receive congressional approval. Well, this is not an act of war. This is eradicating a threat. Civilians weren't targeted. Nuclear sites were targeted. So if nuclear sites were targeted but no civilians were targeted, then that's not a war, at least not yet, which means that you can navigate your way around the War Powers Act itself and you don't have to concern yourself with receiving congressional approval. The Democrats know that because of Obama. So if you knew that because of Obama and you didn't say it when it involved him in Libya, why would you turn around and all of a sudden try to make that case against Donald Trump. I'm not here condoning what Trump did, because I don't know if he's completely telling the truth. I'd like to believe he is. I like to believe that he did it totally because Iran is that kind of existential threat and we see him here. What does the president say the sites that we hit in Iran are totally destroyed and everyone knows it. Only the fake news will say anything different in order to try and to mean as much as possible, and even they say they were pretty well destroyed. Working especially hard on this falsehood is Alison Cooper of fake News CNN. Alison, you mean Anderson. It's very disrespectful, mister President. It's very disrespectful. We live in a country where we embrace the LGBTQ plus community. You don't have to mock Anderson Cooper that way. His name is Anderson Cooper. Could you show some respect please, that's all. Be a grown up. That shouldn't be too much to ask. Dumb. Brian L. Roberts, chairman of Concast, So now it's not Comcast, it's Comcast. Johnny Call of ABC fake news. Really, if you're attacking the individual, why I attack the whole network? Everybody for ABC or NBC, CBS and anybody else ain't fake? Could you please grow up? See this is the kind of stuff that I've spoken against when it comes to this president. But I digress. This says here and always the losers of again Comcast NBC fake news. It never ends with the sleeves bags in the media, and that's why their ratings are at an all time low zero credibility for listen, I'm not gonna get into that. What I'm gonna say to you, mister president, is that are we sure you're doing the right thing? Because it's not just the left that's against you, it's also the maga right. Steve Bannon says, You've got to talk to the maga right because why did you have to get involved. Candice Owens was on this show last week saying the same thing. Both big tim supporters of yours. Tucker cost As another person, and they all look at that, and a whole bunch of people. Marjory Taylor Green, who is I think crazy but nevertheless is a staunch supporter of yours. Even she said we shouldn't be involved in all of this. Now. Obviously that's different from cats on the right like Mark Levin. Conservative host Lindsey Graham and others. I get that. Senator Lizzie Griminer, I get it. But the point is, it ain't just the left that's going up against President Donald Trump on this. It's also the maga right. So who's right? Even former Florida Rep. Matt Gates had something to say, and by the way, what he had to say was very very interesting. Put this uff of the people to see. Please let me read this to y'all. Right now, North Korea's nuclear weapon is a far greater threat to the United States than Iran. It's not even close. Iran has neither the bomb, to the litvery system, nor the re entry vehicle you need for any intercontinental ballistic missile to launch and re enter orbit. North Korea has all three. North Korea could launch a nuclear weapon at the mainland United States today. We probably have the ability to knock it out of the sky, but Iran can't even get their bird in the air. US cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, and Seattle are on maps and North Korea openly discusses them. Of course, we aren't looking to drop one hundred bunk of busters in the mountains of North Korea. President Trump took other brilliant diplomatic steps to constrain North Korea's hostilities, and the same could be done with Iran. That is from former Rep. Matt Gates, who Trump was very very fond of until the other Republicans said hell, no, we don't want him serving in your cabinet, and he was booted up out of there, and now he's here doing the podcast these days. Doesn't make him false, doesn't make him wrong, doesn't make him ill informed, considering like he say, he's on Foreign Relations Committee and all of this stuff. The man kind of knows what he's talking about as it pertains to this, because everybody knows that North Korea does have a weapon. North Korea could do considerably more damage than Iran could do at this point or at any point in recent memory. Now. To be fair, North Korea is relatively isolated, so when you compare that to where Iran is located and the damage it could potentially do, I understand number two, there's nothing wrong with eradicating a potential threat from developing and leaving it at that, as long as we're not getting a bit more extensive. But still, in all that doesn't mean problems can't come from this Remember Iran said their friends with Russia, and they're gonna have conversations with Russia, and who knows what that's gonna materialize into. Who knows what Putin, who's ticked off that the United States was helping armed Ukraine against him, is feeling right now what he's plotting to do. Remember I told y'all before this man wants to reclaim Europe, most of Europe. Remember after World War Two? What the goal was from Stalin and those boys. They wanted Europe. They backstabbed the United States, they went against the agreement of developing democracies and stayed with communism. They want Europe. What do you think Putin's after? So he can't trust anything he say in a lot of people's eyes. But nevertheless, let's see what Trump had to say about this. Did I hear former President Medvedev from Russia casually throwing around that word as in nuclear? Really, that's what we classifying as the N word now nuclear instead of the other word. Really, Donald Trump, okay, and saying that he and other countries would supply nuclear warheads to Iran. Did he really say that or is it just a figment of my imagination? If he did say that, and if confirmed, please let me know immediately. The N word should not be treated so casually. I guess that's why Putin's the boss. By the way, if anyone thinks our hardware was great over the weekend, far and away, the strongest and best equipment we have twenty years advanced over the pack is our nuclear submarines. They are the most powerful un leath the weapons ever built and just launched the thirty Tomahawks. All thirty hit their mark perfectly. So in addition to our great fighter polots, thank you to the captain and crew. So basically, in this particular post on truth social essentially what Trump is saying that you know, don't throw around the word nuclear casually, labeling that the new N word. But he also took an opportunity to praise Putin as the boss. Meanwhile, Iran is talking about working with Russia. No doubt Russia would give advice to their friend Iran on how to combat anything that the United States is throwing in their direction. And Iran, who obviously had Hamas and hesbalized proxies and the hoodies to some degree until the United States dealt with them in Yemen, we got to look at all of this and understand this problem is not going away, and then taking it back to the streets of America. You've got people around here from the Jewish community walking around petrified of the proliferation of anti Semitism that they feel is swelling throughout the streets of America. In part, it could be because of what's been happening in Gaza since October seventh, a couple of years ago. But the other thing is that there are far too many American citizens asking themselves, are we gonna get into yet another fight? And if so, why, essentially implying let Israel handle their own business. Trump essentially is saying no, we got their back. Some have been speculating that he jumped in as after Israel did marvelous work in attacking some of Iran's facilities over the last week to ten days or so, that chump jumped right in because he saw how effective Israel is that he wanted to move in do some damage so he could take all the credit in the world for it. Who knows, who cares? All we care about it. This particular point is safety, not just in the streets of Amora, but throughout this world. We don't want World War three, and we need to know that the people in power don't want it just as much as the rest of us don't want it. And right now we don't know. We don't know what the hell is going on. But I'll tell you this, as much as I'm pointing the finger at Trump, as much as I'm pointing the finger at what's going on right now in terms of its discomfort and whether or not we're making the right decisions, I don't know, even though I do consider Iran a threat that needed to be dealt with. I will say this the Democrats, first of all, all the representatives in Congress, where the hell have you been? You didn't say much until Trump dropped the bombs on the nuclear sites. You acquiet as a mouse, you acquired as hell. We heard nothing. Where were you? That's number one. Number two, I don't want to hear stuff about impeachment because the president abused its power and a violated Article two of the Constitution. I want to hear all of that. Obama attacked Libya without congressional approval. No one said anything, including to you. Chuck Schumer might say anything. And number three, if indeed we do our research, in our homework, and we find out that President Trump and Benjaminett and Yahoo were correct in their assessment of the threat that Iran posed, thereby fully justifying the actions that took place over this weekend. If you're a Democrat, do you need to be quiet about that? I would say no, you need to come out and you need to say say they did the right thing. When we talk about building faith in our government. If something walks like a duck and quacts like a duck, it ain't a freaking mongols, it's a damn duck. Say so. Say so because by saying so, even if it's favorable to the other side in the moment, at least you're proven your trustworthy enough to call balls and strikes. Figuratively speaking, you're trusted enough. You can be trusted enough to just tell the freaking truth, assess the situation, use your powers on Capitol Hill to find out how legitimate and potent the threat was, and if President Trump was right, and if y'all was right, say so. If you do that on left, it'll show your reasonable after all, that might help you in twenty twenty six for the midterms. And they I say, twenty twenty eight for the presidency, just saying, just saying, coming up, I'll get into your tweets. Plus a curious story about an elderly woman and a male escort. Do I have your attention? I think I do. Back with more to stephen A. Smith's show, closing out the show in a minute, Welcome back to stephen A Smith Show. Before I get to your tweets, I had to react to this story. Family members are suing after an eighty four year old British Columbian woman left her one million estate to a male sc Janet Colville Sutherland Henry of North Vancouver, changed her will shortly before she died, leaving her estate to escort Simon Garston. Henry's husband died in two thousand and four, and following that, she paid various male escorts for companionship and sexual services. In February twenty twenty one, a year before she died, Henry met Garston, who was in his late twenties and worked as a professional companion and male escort. The two met via Skype, and the significant fees for his services were discussed and agreed to. They met in person for the first time in April of twenty twenty one when mister Garston came to the deceased home for an overnight visit, then met several times for overnight stays in the following weeks. Their last face to face meeting was for three nights. A few months before she died, Henry changed her will, leaving her approximately one million dollar estate to Garston. The family did not know about the change until after her passing. This is not going to be the most popular opinion, I'll confess, But are you challenging her mental acuity? Are you challenging her cogency? She seems to be an elderly woman who was in control of her faculties and was completely aware of what she was doing. How do we know this? Because she had several male escorts and then she met him and she ain't want nobody else. Ladies and gentlemen in English, that's a brother that was handling the business. Is that appropriate to say?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it's true, whatever proclivity she had, that she could have fulfilled herself and needed to be fulfilled by somebody else. He handled. And it might be sad, hell, it might be pathetic, But if it's her money, it's perfectly within her right to leave it to whoever she chooses, and if she chooses to leave it to a man who happens to be a male escort, that she clearly feels fulfilled her to her lasting days. You know what I'm saying, How are you not that evidently he did more for her than she felt her own family did for her, which is why she left the one million dollar state to him. Now, I'm not saying it's right. You would like to think life there's more things to life than get you freak on, But evidently to her it really really was mad at most was what out of the moment, And she seems very very appreciative of his efforts. And if that's the case, I'm not saying he sposedn't like it. I'm not saying it's not a little bit trifling. But you gotta live with it. Me myself, you know how you in your twenties getting excited about that. But you know, everybody has things that stimulate them in certain ways. One of my uncles was like that, You know me, I like a voluptuous figure, My boy, Pooley, he wants you to size of rasputia from norpit I one of my other boys. He wants you number skin and bones. But my uncle, his afrodisiac. What turned him almost was money. If you could make this brother money, he didn't give a damn whether you were white, black, Asian, Hispanic, fat, skinny, mid rain, cellulite, firm, skinny. It didn't mean a damn thing to him. Green was what turned him on. It really really turned him on. That was him money. I'm not talking about my sounds. I swear I'm not talking about my sounds. I'm talking about him. But it's the truth. Everybody got that thing clearly. Until her dying breath at age eighty four, that was her thing. Now let's get to your tweet before we get on out of here. Please at Real exhibib Rights, Steven A. Smith, five Lebron's versus five Jordan's, who wins more championships? That's a stupid ass question. I refuse to answer. You know what my answer is, because you know what my goal is. Next tweet, please give it to me at Yogi Canoli Wright Stephen A. Smith. If you could do one job that you have zero affiliation to, what would you do for a living? I'd be a criminal lawyer. That's what I would do. I love the courtroom. I love the courtroom. Saw my bucket list when you saw me on Law and Noor this want my bucket list to be a lawyer in the courtroom. Understand I love it. I mean I prefer to be a prosecutor rather than a defense attorney. But the courtroom for me is everything. It's everything. I would love it. That's what I will tell you this next tweet. Please give it to me at double three Underscore PUG nine zero nine five five rights Stephen A. Smith. Do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: I don't want to be specific. I'll tell you what I believe in. I believe that there are other beings in this universe than just the human race. Call them Martians, call them folks from Venus or other planets throughout the galaxy. I don't know. I just don't believe that human beings on planet Earth are the only species in the universe. So if that means aliens, fine, sure. I believe other planets they have their beings, just like on this planet you have human beings. That's what I believe. One more tweet, let's get to check it out at Jimmy from the Q right, stephen A. Smith, if you are to get in the WWE wrestling ring, what song would be your theme as you entered their Where the Hood? Where the Hood? Where the Hood At? I think it would be something like that. I think it would be something like that. I will say to you that my all time favorite entry is between Uh Goldberg coming into the ring. I love that music. I love the rock his entry, even though it wouldn't be for me. I did kind of like Hulk Hogan's entry. I am a realve Aerican. I like that stuff, you know, and I like John C. I love that. I do. I must admit that. But I would tell you Goldberg and and and the Rocks stand out. I love their entries, and if it would me, it would be Where the Hood At by Dmax God Rest the Soul. Or it would be jay Z with Kanye No Church in a while, But I don't think that's suitable for w w E. It would be Oh my goodness, m mmmm. I gotta think about something. I gotta look into my phone if I remember something. Let me look this real quick to see what comes to my mind. Because I listen to my music every morning, and I got to think about that just a little bit. I would say to you anti up and up, but with Buster Rhymes, the remixed version it's saying it would be with Buster Rhymes. I like that too. Hmmm. I gotta think about this a little bit more. And uh, justin seven Music, the Best Three, it's like they play that with the twenty four to seven boxing uh shows they did with Floyd Money made with the Dent and then and then I like that music theme, you know, I like that too. Those are just some of the names, you know. But Auntie up or Way the hood that stands out above the crowd. That's it for this edition to the Steven Nasmith Show. I hope y'all enjoyed it. I'll be back in a couple of days. Until then, I'll see you later. I gotta get on out of here and get some rest, all right. I'm traveling back from the NBA Finals. I need some damn sleep. But I was here for y'all, giving y'all some content about things that was on my mind. I hope y'all appreciate that as much as I appreciate y'all. Thanks again so much. I've talked to y'all in a couple of days until then piece of love.
Speaker 2: Everybody attatatatat