Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today, the Brooklyn Moss that had been away. They both have so much to see.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Their name is a brilliant skir.
Speaker 1: It to the Boys of Boys. Yeah, it's the Brooklyn Boys podcast, episode three fifty three, The Boys are bound in town.
Speaker 3: Boom, it's another pound drop episode.
Speaker 4: I don't like the way you talked over the last lyric though, Boom. The boys a podcasting and you start talking.
Speaker 1: About it's okay, it's all good. Don't worry about it as loon as we're back, you know, isn't isn't There isn't there a rule as a DJ to respect the music.
Speaker 3: They say you're supposed to respect the music.
Speaker 1: I mean the classic way of respecting the music is to talk right up to the point where they start singing and not cross over that.
Speaker 4: Line right and then at the end of the song you talk over the tale if there is a fade out, you don't talk over the lyrics.
Speaker 1: However, if the last thing in the song is a lyric, and then the next song you're about to play starts with a lyric, you're kind of fuck. You put a music bet in, You put a music bet in.
Speaker 3: You know that no, you don't stop the music. You just you just say.
Speaker 1: Please, please don't stop the music ze one hundred and then move on. Please don't stop, please don't stop. But don't talk over my lyrics, is what I'm saying. Okay, hey, uh, we we were not here for a couple of weeks. So I was like, we both, well, both need to apologize because the first week was my fault. I had a scheduling problem, and then Scary was going away and we didn't have time to do it. Then Scary was on vacation, so he's going to update us on his vacation at some point, talking about where he went, and cap where you went in California, and then how you because that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Demanding that I tell the story of California.
Speaker 4: Well, you told me there were awkward moments, and that's enough for me to want to hear the story.
Speaker 1: And then you want to hear about how you came home to apologize why we weren't on for the second week, because this is like almost like we're treating it's like a Christmas break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Scary, I said, I already said why we weren't on the first week, That was my fault the second week we were on vacation, that's your fault.
Speaker 1: Were already okay, good, perfect, So we're even. But uh, yeah, you know I wanted a podcast that week. That's all right, I've brotady wanted a podcast while I was away, So I yes, I did. Oh no, listen, Uh, I got to do some housekeeping here right up at the right at the top there. It's been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: So you guys know the story I told about the parking ticket in New Brunswick where they they wanted me to pay fifty two dollars.
Speaker 3: I remember, it wasn't cheap.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to spend fifty two dollars on a couple of minutes that I was over.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let me let me let me update everyone.
Speaker 4: So I put out a facetious call for help, and I said, this conversation has got to be worth ten cents.
Speaker 1: Have you think it's worth ten cents? Send me ten cents. So another many, many, many, many, many.
Speaker 4: Thousands of people that listen to this podcast, how many nixed people stepped up?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: You made sixty cents off the slices. No, So I'm gonna tell you what happened. It's okay.
Speaker 4: So my boy Nemo Hawk, who buys all my stuff on Facebook Marketplace, he kicked in you ready, yeah, twenty five cents, five cents.
Speaker 1: James Thomas kicked in ten cents. Thank you, James, I appreciate that. Michael Winslow. I'm gonna get to Michael Winslow in a second. I went out of turn. Sorry. Christine McCaffrey, she kicked in twenty five cents, and she said, just this once. Next time, pay for the extra hour. We good, right, So all right you Christine caffrey. Mike Gregory stepped up hard. He said, great story. Gave me a dollar a dollar. Wait wait, Renee Bueller Bueller, Bueller, Bueller Bueller, She said, for parking, pizza and money, and for for the pizza restaurant advice. So I've been giving Renee Bueller.
Speaker 4: Bueler, Bueler, I've been giving her pizza advice when she comes to New York where to go. So in addition to my story and my pizza advice, Renee Buller stepped up with five dollars towards my parking.
Speaker 1: Two. Dude, that's good for a foot long. It's subway However, Michael Winslow no relation to the voice guy from the Police Academy movies.
Speaker 3: That's what I was taking.
Speaker 4: He stepped up for the parking lot story with ten dollars no way, yes, now a slicek ten bucks? Yes, And now nobody gave me one thousand dollars like they gave Carla Marie. So I want I'll give you the grand total in a second. But I also want to mention honorable mention to Adam Kaufman because on Venmo he wrote I'm going out tonight and drinks are expensive and requested a.
Speaker 3: Dollar from me.
Speaker 1: Now, Brody, since you're in the green and then yeah, did you give him some money slices or no? The answer to that no, I did not. You know what I just see That's what I would have done. I would have been like, you know what, it's no, I'm playing with house money right here. I could just give this guy a drink make his day, okay. So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 4: I saw it two days later, so I didn't have a chance to get him to drink when he was going out number two for a meal for the dollar I didn't give him. Adam Kaufman or Kaufman if you prefer is getting major airtime on the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 3: So that's what I say.
Speaker 1: That the grand the grant, but.
Speaker 4: I give him, you know, I give him props. I givem props because that was funny.
Speaker 1: You are, you are some piece of David Brody. Go ahead?
Speaker 3: How much did you make?
Speaker 1: Thanksga? I made hold on, hold on I So I called back the parking bureau and I pleaded my case again, and I got a young guy who felt bad for me, and he cut my ticket in half to twenty six dollars. So I now have from the slices sixteen dollars and sixty cents, which means my parking ticket now costs me cost me nine dollars and forty cents. Well worth it for the overage, booed, for the story and for the content. Boo yah, thank you for the six I cannot believe you're having the slices put the bill for your parking.
Speaker 4: Oh no, disaster, No, I did not. I did not ask them for money for parking.
Speaker 1: I asked him if my story was worth ten cents, and a few people thought it was.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. You're no better than these people.
Speaker 1: That post a QR code and say birthday fond. You're no better than me, like, give you Okay, you gave call him Marie hundred dollars. You didn't give me shit. You didn't say Brodie. I feel bad you're not working. I'm gonna give you money for parking. You gave call the me a hundred bucks. Yeah, because she's she's cute, and she's a bride, and she's she's you know, these are a bunch of girls that are trying to have a batch, your atte party, your story nothing, There was nothing sexy about you or your story. Hold on, it was I am cute, clunky, I am cute, and I'm not a bride, but I'm a brody.
Speaker 4: And there's a lot of letters that are similar. Right, so I feel like you could have thrown me five bucks. I had two slices that were more generous than that bueller.
Speaker 1: You know what they say about those slices, there's a sucker born every minute. I'm sorry, slices. I was a generous, good loyal people. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, well all right?
Speaker 1: Oh oh and your boy Asian Mike DMed me yep, and he said he said brody I've got steak flavored potato chips I want to send you that I didn't send in the first box. Where can I send them?
Speaker 4: So I said, I'm gonna let you trust my boy scary this time, Okay.
Speaker 1: And I so listen.
Speaker 4: I know Elvis was born in Dallas, where they have a lot of steer and cows and whatnot. He doesn't get to have my steak flavored chips because he was from Dallas.
Speaker 3: They're coming right, They're coming right home to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I'm gonna say that slices for all the belly acheing that Brody did about Wow Wow, he didn't get the first supply of Asian you haven't been home. You haven't been home this It's been a month and this bag is still sitting here with all the.
Speaker 3: Chips and the pockey and all that.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm gonna need that because Halloween's coming up, and maybe I can give someone that out for Halloween.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here, folks, Brody's half of the loot is still here, and he is not paying them for me. So sometimes I feel like Brody likes to complain just to hear his own voice. You missed my great idea. What trick or tree? Yes?
Speaker 4: Kids, Oh what are you addressed as? Oh you're the couple from the Coldplay concert. How cute is that? Here's some pockey Happy Halloween.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna use that.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, that shit isn't even in English.
Speaker 1: You're gonna give them a chip bag that's written in Japanese. Yeah, I might are the kids in the area from other other cultures, and they may speak on the languages.
Speaker 3: They may think that you're creepy.
Speaker 1: Then you remember, plus, Brody, You've got You've got a lot on the line here, You've got a lot to prove.
Speaker 3: You're the new house in town. You're the new guy.
Speaker 1: So they're wondering, those those adults, those parents are definitely wondering what's going to come out at Brodie's house. Hold on, hold on. This is the second Halloween, So.
Speaker 3: The second Halloween in that location. Yeah, have you already proven yourself?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: We sold our house in February of twenty four. Okay, all right, Well, so so it's been a while now, been all right there?
Speaker 3: Stained thank you? Wow? Where do I begin?
Speaker 1: First of all, Brody and then we'll take take the break up part one of my vacation was going to uh Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 4: And they who went from Scottsdale, Arizona all the way to Tacombe.
Speaker 1: No ever made its Tacoma but Philadelphia, Atlanta, LA.
Speaker 3: You know what they have.
Speaker 1: Out there, aside from a dry heat because I want to punch someone in the face when but it's a dry heat.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred and eight degrees. No it's not. It's still hot.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of old people that go there for the dry Yes, they have driverless ubers. They have Waimo, the Waimo car. They have the car that drives.
Speaker 4: Okay, this ties into a story I'm gonna have for you about similar things.
Speaker 1: So that's great. So they have Waimo. I'm not getting in Waymo. Okay, you got in Weymo. No, but it was so I call it. I call it. I call it no way Mo, because there's no way I'm getting in there. I gotta tell you, Brody, it was weird to see it because the car, you know, the steering wheel is steering itself, it's making turns. It's when when the car comes to pick you up. We saw this at the airport We saw a car just pull up and then it stopped. Then the trunk opened, and then and then the passenger door opened like on its own. And then the person gets in close the car door and put their luggage in, and then that's it. And then the car just just bum busts out of there. And you would think that these cars are, you know, just doing like forty fifty miles an hour being careful. No, these these things were like going sixty sixty five miles an hour. I was I was shocked. And people were sitting in the back seat like nothing, and there's nobody with you in the front seat.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: We witnessed this over and over again when we were on the road. We were in our driver, our our fully manned ubers, and we're looking at to the right like yep, there's another waymo at the red light next to us, Nobody, nobody in either seat in the front.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, hmmm, maybe uh Brody would love this because you don't have to fucking tip.
Speaker 3: You're not tipping the computer.
Speaker 1: Hey, I tip my drivers very generously, thank you very much. But you wouldn't tip a way mo. No, I'm not gonna tip a robot exactly. There's the thing.
Speaker 4: Did they have an emergency break in the back seat, like anyway to stop the No, no, this thing's a handle. No you know, no, no, as long as the brake pedals in the front, I'm not getting in. We kept pressing all the Uber drivers. It's it's like a it's like a roller coaster tracks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's coming though, it's in They're in other cities in America.
Speaker 3: They're in Jacksonville, Florida.
Speaker 1: It's also it's it's putting people out of work. It is, and I'm not and I'm not just talking about one or two cars. I'm talking about more than half the fleet. Every time I looked over, there was another one on the road, there was another one next to us.
Speaker 3: It was it was insane and it couldn't help.
Speaker 1: But wonder, you know, and asking the Uber drivers, the ones that we were with, you know, how they felt about it, Well, they said too, they made two points. Do you believe the first thing they said was, yeah, those Waimos they're more expensive than Ubers. People are paying a premium to sit in the backs of those cars.
Speaker 4: I mean, granted, nobody's talking to you, so that's got to be worth something.
Speaker 1: But but I'm asking you a question.
Speaker 4: If one Waimo is coming like straight and another weymo is coming from the right side, yeah, to get and they both get to the intersection at the same time, which one has the right of weimo?
Speaker 1: How do I don't know? I don't know, mo and one for one point on that they said, uh, I said, so, so tell us something disastrous that's happened. Something in the five months has had to have happened. Who's going to tell you? Who's telling you that? The Uber drivers they said that they.
Speaker 4: Were of course they're going to tell you something awful because they want you to take an Uber.
Speaker 1: Well, they said that. Three different drivers said the same thing. About two weeks prior to us being there in in Scottsdale, there was a terrible storm, torrential downpours. They got three inches of rain. It was a wet heat all the waymos froze.
Speaker 3: They didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: They they stopped in their tracks, no matter where you were, no no there.
Speaker 3: The entire WAYM.
Speaker 1: Network was down, and and those cars mid ride you can't get out of them, so they're locked.
Speaker 3: They're locked.
Speaker 1: So so people that were stuck they were pissed because they were stuck. They were on their way to the airport or wherever they were going, and they're just trapped in this car in the middle of the road, just sitting there because the way mos froze. So guess what this technology, it's got a long way to go, a long way to go. They didn't know what to do. They had to manually make it. People out of Mexico yep, like Mexic Weimo Maximo the song to make it the.
Speaker 4: Mexico anyway. I'm not getting in one, but now you've talked me out of it completely. I don't want to get trapped in a basically a taxi because it's raining.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole system shut down. They didn't all the way moos across the network. They just froze wherever they were on the road. So isn't somebody monitoring them? If they freeze, the doors should open. I don't know what happened after that. I don't know, but I'm just I have a follow up. I need the slices to tell me if I did the right thing or not. Do we have to take a break and we'll come back and talk about my automated other side of this breakst Okay, So I was driving in Jersey City this week, which is not that far from where you live. You're going with this, Okay, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 4: So when I slices, when I say all over Jersey City, I'm talking like roaches.
Speaker 1: There are these, you know, are those Igloo coolers.
Speaker 4: There may be four feet wide, and you put beer in them whatever, like sodas at a party. So imagine they were all white. They had wheels and a face on the front of them, like a digital like with digital eyes and digital face and and and and they we had like an antenna and it was like a cooler going down the street. Well, they're remote control like the Waymos, and they're all over the place and deliver.
Speaker 1: Let me let me further correct you. They are Waymos. They're made by the same company those are Waymo as well. Okay, okay, So you can order food, you can get your drug prescription, you can get like stuff delivered like from the store, whatever you want. So I guess Jersey City is like a pioneer with these things. They're everywhere. Yeah, it's not like oh I saw three, I saw like eighteen of them. Elvis talked about this on the Big Show today with the Gandhi and I and a bunch of us uh asking us to comment on it. Yeah it was okay and and yeah go ahead, okay. So here's what happened. I'm driving straight on the on the main the bigger street.
Speaker 3: Yep, okay.
Speaker 4: On the side street to my left is a way mo at the crosswalk. Now, in New Jersey, it is a law that if somebody is waiting at the crosswalk, by law, you have to stop short, right, you have to stop whatever you're doing, stop your car and let them cross the street.
Speaker 3: Stop what you're doing, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even even if it's an old person with a walker that's gonna take eight minutes to cross the street, you gotta stop.
Speaker 3: Drop, shut them down, open up shop.
Speaker 4: Oh you gotta stop stopping the name of love, what does it?
Speaker 3: Stop?
Speaker 1: Communicate and listen, stop and.
Speaker 3: Drop and roll. That was for a fire.
Speaker 1: I was doing, uh, Ice ice ice Ice, I was doing DMX. But anyway, okay, anyway.
Speaker 4: So you have to if you see somebody at a crosswalk, you have to stop.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they're just standing there like an idiot looking at their watch. They're not crossings. You stop and they're like, no, I'm not doing anything and you have to go. Okay, So the car in front of me stops because the waimo wants to cross the street.
Speaker 1: The little the little u it glew cooler, so I blow the horn. He shouldn't have stops to stop and give the car the right of way. The Wimo's not going anywhere. It's not hard thing.
Speaker 4: So he stops right and then the waymo goes halfway because he's coming left to right and we're on the right, you know, the further away from him on the right and the right lane. And then a car is coming from the other direction because it's it's a two way street. So now the weimo has to back up because it's a car coming at him. So he backs up again. So then the car in front of me goes, the other car the way goes. Now I'm at the stop signed, I'm at the I'm at the crosswalk, and the waim the face on the waimo is giving me a look like are you gonna let me go?
Speaker 1: And I say to the waimo, fuck you, you're a waimo. Whatever I go.
Speaker 4: So my question is I understand that I kept someone from getting their lunch. But legally I don't have to stop, but morally should I have stopped.
Speaker 1: And let the little little cooler go by? Yeah, because it's new technology, they're new on the the new kids on the block.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but my car wanted to go. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Car doesn't have.
Speaker 3: A I think.
Speaker 1: And plus it's it's crowded Jersey City as it is. I've seen I was with that amazing it stopped. It stops at the car, sees the car, it stops. Yeah, I was telling everyone on the show today. I was sitting in an out the cafe with my friends. Once we were watching the travels of one specific weaymo.
Speaker 3: It made a complete square.
Speaker 1: It literally crossed over one crosswalk, crosses the next crosses, and I'm like, well, what's the point of that. It's back where it started from. I think it was lost. I think people's food was getting cold. I don't think it's effective yet. Once again, to be continued on the on the Waimo coolers, mark my words, people are gonna start running up to them, putting little cameras on them and filming for a day of people's reactions, and and and the world around them, and it's gonna be a documentary and it's gonna be nominated for an Academy Award for like documentary. It like it's gonna be called the Waimou Machine or whatever. And it's and I'm telling you it's it's people are gonna make movies out of this thing because people were giving it weird looks like not not everyone is used to it yet. Yeah, no, it's not. It's very strange. Yeah, it's a food delivery thing. Yeah, and it pulls up to your house. Do you have to put a code in to get it to open? Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 3: That's how you that's how you open it with the code. You know.
Speaker 1: But you know that if this was in New York, forget in the city, they would vandalize them.
Speaker 3: They bashed them open.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, so let's say there's three of these things on the corner.
Speaker 4: They're all they all they all got there at the same time. Now three of them went across the street. At what point do you go, Okay, I get how would a guide.
Speaker 3: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Fuck it? I'm going first, No matter what, they don't have feelings, you know, if anything, you're just fucking the person who's they're waiting for their food.
Speaker 3: But you know it did just come long, right.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about hurting the feelings of the igloo. I'm worried about, like it's got to maybe if someone needs their heart medicine. I don't know what's in the damn thing. You know, it could be it could be like a CBD oil or marijuana. They I guess you could deliver marijuana legally if it's legal in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Or it could be taco bell. I mean, we don't know these things.
Speaker 1: But oh, okay, well, I got a Taco Bell story for you. Do you really all right?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I have I have an interview to play for you, A brief one with our friend Jeremy Piven. Remember when we had him on the Brooklyn Boys podcast several years ago. I interviewed him by myself. Yes, yeah, the bonus episode in somewhere around episode seventy or eighty. There's one in the middle with no numbers. I interviewed Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Piven, Well, I got toak.
Speaker 4: For many movies, Famous for many movies, but most famous for his role as Ari Gold on Entourage, where he was one of the best TV characters of a decade.
Speaker 1: I would agree, Well, he's doing stand up on a tour and he's coming to New York Sony Hall Sunday, Sunday night, October nineteenth. I don't know when you're listening to this podcast, not a sponsor, not a sponsor, and you know we had access to him, and well Gandhi got him on her podcast, and then my guy who does promo for him for this concert, got him to talk to me. And the way he went about this was was just wrong on so many levels, unprofessional. We'll get to that a little bit, all right, So here's what I'm gonna say before we get to it. I just want the slices to know I have seen this video and Scary sends it to me and goes call me after you watch it, just call me, right it's three minutes roughly, it's about three.
Speaker 3: And a half minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got through forty eight seconds. I paused it. I called Scary and I said, it's the most.
Speaker 1: Uncomfortable, awkward interaction with a celebrity that wasn't deliberately supposed to be awkward, and it made my heart race.
Speaker 4: I got I got like I got. I got palpitations. It was that uncomfortable, the look on Jeremy's face. He was blindsided. Scario'll set it up later, but I'm I'm I want Scary when you play it, to play the questions so I can. I can talk about the questions and then we'll play his answer.
Speaker 1: You'll pause it.
Speaker 4: Okay, slices, you're in for a treat of awkward cringe radio.
Speaker 1: Right and Brody's request, would you gonna we're gonna talk about my uh part of my vacation right after this?
Speaker 3: Okay, Scary and Rody.
Speaker 1: I never intended to want to take a vacation to Palm Springs. I don't know how it even the words came out of my mouth, or how it got into my head. But let's just say this because I was with Robin and you know the story about did we talk about it on this podcast, about getting home in time for my vacation, getting into home and time for the anniversary and all that stuff we talked to get back. I yelled at you, Yes, you were upset, right, yeah, you were saying, but I got back a vacation all that, so I had three days to kill and I said where can I go. I'm in Arizona already, but I want to go somewhere west because I rarely go west. And my buddy Brian toilet, Brian, Brian, remember toilet, Brian. He falls asleep on the toilet. Yeah, Brian Phillips. She does the afternoon show at Q one on one in Chicago. He said, I got some vacation time coming up.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: On Monday morning when you when everyone goes home from Arizona, why don't you just meet me somewhere that you could fly direct to and I could fly direct to. And you know, you think we would choose like Vegas or La or San Diego.
Speaker 3: But what does the new Scary Jones do? And this has been the new me for the past three years.
Speaker 1: Try trying out new places, trying something new. So Brian's like, how about Palm Springs, And I'm like, ooh, that's new. You haven't been there. I haven't been there.
Speaker 4: It's it's the name itself sounds tropical. And if I said palm like palm trees, it just sounds like a great place to go. And it is, by the way, So Scary tells me he's going there. And I said, why does that sound? What is it about Palm Springs?
Speaker 1: What can I like?
Speaker 4: I was scared? What do you know about the Palm Springs He says, well, I I've heard that. I know it's a place that sometimes hey people go. So I looked it up and it says Palm Springs, by the way, nothing wrong with that. But Palm Springs, California is widely recognized as a major gay community and premiere LGBTQ plus destination, do too, It's right, numerous gay friendly businesses, and it says it hosts significant events like the Dina, the world's largest lesbian and queer women's festival. So this is this is the gay hub of the West Coast. It is how I've heard it described.
Speaker 3: Some of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, in a nutshell, I'm not going to give you the history. You can google it. Just know that Palm Springs is was built as an oasis in the desert, just out of the reach of Hollywood from in the nineteen fifties. You're talking the nineteen fifties, those black and white movie stars and stuff to people that the names that you know of, okay, like.
Speaker 4: The movie stars, like the movie stars like necessarily black and white.
Speaker 1: The movies will black. The movies were black and white, but people like Gene Archery and Bob Hope and the Golden Age most of the back then, most of the stars were just white. So right, But the point is they needed a place to go that they can get out of the visions of the cameras of the paparazzi. So they made it illegal to have the popo follow them out there, which is also why it got created and became a nice gay gay oasis because if you are gay, because back then, every agasius because everybody back then a lot of people were in the closet.
Speaker 3: They did not want to wait.
Speaker 1: As an ogasis, it is an ogasius in the desert. That's very fun. I'm surprised that nobody uses that anyway. We got to come up with shirts ogasis and sell it and give it to the T shirt shops out there because there's a lot of them, so so the ogasis.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 1: So so basically people would go there and you know, to get away from the cameras and also they can live their real lives without having to worry. So yeah, so there's all it's it's it's I'm gonna say this, it's stuck in time. It's stuck in the nineteen sixties on purpose every building.
Speaker 3: A lot of the buildings.
Speaker 4: Needs to loop up to get out of the sixties. A lot of buildings it's stuck. Some of the restaurants are originals, like.
Speaker 1: OG's, they've been this is the early sixties or late fifties. And I gotta tell you, it's beautiful. And there are beautiful mountains right in front of you, up in your face. So you got the backdrop of the desert mountains up are you show those? Are you show? Those are mountains? You've got these against these beautiful, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Like tall palm trees and a lot of pools.
Speaker 1: And again, like I think Brady Bunch meets Austin Powers, decor everywhere, and there's a lot of antiquing and a lot of Oh, they have their own Walk of Fame, the Palm Springs Walk of Fame. So Brian I get there and everywhere we go everyone.
Speaker 3: Thought we were gay. And I don't have a problem.
Speaker 1: With that, but they just came to the conclusion, like for instance, when we check into the hotel, they assumed we wanted a king sized bed. No no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well you have shared a bed with other men in a hotel I have.
Speaker 3: And we put up the you put up the fortress of pillows in between us.
Speaker 1: That so, so I'm like, no, no, and then you know, hold then then we we get to the pool.
Speaker 3: Now we have our lounge chairs by.
Speaker 1: The pool, a nice uh.
Speaker 3: Everything was like a lemon themed. Everything was yellow.
Speaker 4: Yellow chaise lounges, shaes with the gates, shas with the So we're hanging out of the pool and the waitress comes up to us and says, hi, and what are you gentlemen celebrating?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, wait, what, why are you jumping to this conclusion? Don't say what are we celebrating? Because you're in a gay resort.
Speaker 3: And I brought my pink bathing suit with me, so you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay, you know, I don't want to harp on stereotypes, but you're asking for people assume something when you wear in a pink banting suit with another guy at the pool.
Speaker 3: Listen, I think that Brian and I look masculine, right.
Speaker 1: And not that that doesn't mean now that that hold on, hold on, no, and there's a lot of them didn't gay. No, no, I know there are several types of gays that they're that are masculine, femina or whatever whatever. Keep but keep keep taking that hole.
Speaker 4: But you know we're talking about work, quite work quick, hold on, scary, I have a question for you. Oh my god, what type of what type of gay is Elvis Duran?
Speaker 1: No, He's he's like, he's a straight gay.
Speaker 3: He's like straight line gay.
Speaker 1: He's like, so you consider Elvis masculine? No, Elvis is just you know, he's like he's just there, like I don't.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on a second, there is nothing, okay.
Speaker 1: The same ways this is so nervous. The same way these people were assuming that we were gay because we were two guys together, the people that I mentioned, the person at the front of the hotel and and waitress, the same way they thought we were gay because we're two guys together.
Speaker 3: Is no better than what you're telling me I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Right now by saying okay, because we were watching you know, we were watching sports. You know, we were talking about you know, yeah, you're doing all kinds of manly stuff right right there. But then again, then because gay, because gay people don't want sports. Then why can't my pink bathing suit be straight? All right?
Speaker 3: Because you just made you were the friend you just cracked Wyse on that one.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm saying that would lead them possibly down that road maybe a popular color.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm not making any road jokes. I'm just saying that pink is sometimes considered a popular color pastel colors for some.
Speaker 1: In the gay community. Not all listen, but you're you're in Palm Springs. Now again, I ask you what type of gay's Elvis Duran?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, stop.
Speaker 1: So we ended up then we're looking for nightlife, right because because we went, we got our restaurants. You know me, I correct answer, wasn't the correct an was a great one? Yeah, great one. So if I'm you're throwing me off, Brodie, please, I'm sorry. No, feel free. That's what this podcast does. But if you think about it, we were looking for some nightlife because you know me, I love I love the nightlife. I've got a book. You love the night life? You like to boogey?
Speaker 3: I got a boogie on the disc going out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, did that song play?
Speaker 3: I love it? Not life? I've got to book.
Speaker 4: No, But well, you're singing that pol side with Brian in your pink bathing suit.
Speaker 1: Was it a bikini baiting suit? No, it was not, anyway, it was they were like board shorts. Anyway.
Speaker 3: So we're looking for.
Speaker 1: Nightlife and I'm looking at Google Maps. It's like gay cocktail bar, gay cocktail bar, gay cocktail bar. So the maravel, the story is theves. Maybe you should research where you're gonna go. It's it was admirable of me to try someplace new, but going to a place like this is not up my alley.
Speaker 3: Wait, I shouldn't have said that, or or was it you know what?
Speaker 1: But you know what, though, if you were single and there were straight women there, you'd have you have a mult to yourself. Well except for the lesbian it's a great place for couples. It's a great place for couples. I just felt like we and then you and Brian went as a couple, we ran out of things to do. That wasn't an hour interest now, but there's a lot to see there. Listen, listen, I'm an hour away.
Speaker 3: You can get to the Joshua Tree. I mean, you go to the National Park.
Speaker 4: I mean we just only there for two and five minutes away, you could get Joshua's wood.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Thanks, that was David Brodie. Everybody swift. Let's tell the swift. So isn't that Travis's wood? We should talk about that too.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 1: Hey, I have a question.
Speaker 4: You know you ever see that famous meme of the like the guy turning around and looking at the hot woman walking by?
Speaker 1: Yes, they always like, okay, they put so much to that. And you've walked down the street, We've all done it where you see a couple and it's like, let's say it's a really attractive woman, really attractive, and the guy is like a fat slob and he's you know, he's dishoveled, he's like it, and you go, how did he get her? That must be rich? How do he get her? So my question is when people looked at you and Briant at the pool in your bathing suits, who did they look at? Which one of you did they look at and say? How did he get him? I think more equal on that one. I think we compliment each other. Well, yeah, of course, because I think I think one of you is more of a six and one of he is more of a nine. We met a wonderful a lesbian couple from married couple from Bedford, Steifers and Bedstein Brooklyn, Brooklyn, and I mentioned it because it's the Brooklyn Boys podcast. So that was kind of fun. And we met a husband and a wife on their honeymoon. I don't know, a straight husband and wife, married couple with the Palm Springs and her honeymoon. Yeah, so there you go. So we had we we were in good company. There were more familiar company. Uh, you know, I feel like, okay, everywhere we went though for food, the restaurants were exquisite and because you know they everybody were they also were they fabulous? They were fabulous. Restaurants are fabulous, no.
Speaker 4: Comod Only only in Palm Springs would you refer to a restaurant as exquisite, exquisite. You would never say that. You've never said I went to this restaurant in Manhattan it was exquisite. You never say that, right, You're trying to use words to fit into the culture there. Okay, all right, for the record, I think Brian is probably a little a little bit, a little bit hot, little bit. Okay, yeah, thanks, thanks, but you're more you're more famous nationally than I would go I would go back, you're the you're the Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 1: I would go back with my girlfriend, Robin, or with groups of people. So this way we make our own fun. You know, if you went back to Robin, would you go back to the same hotowln go. Look, everybody, I'm straight. I brought a woman. I could see you flying there this weekend. You didn't blieve me.
Speaker 3: Tell her?
Speaker 1: Tell them I'm straight. Tell her. We tell everybody. We've had sex. Tell everybody. Robin. I did see Bob Hope's house. It was carved it to the side of a mountain. It was beautiful. It was again very sixties. Wait, his house was carved like it. It was kind of like no, it was like, it's almost like because everything is flat there, right, But then there's up the side of a mountain.
Speaker 3: There was a road.
Speaker 1: There was one mound that had a road on it, and you could see houses on that road. At the top of that little cliff of a mountain was this huge compound and everyone pointed it out. Yep, that that was Bob Hope's house. That was Bob Hope's house. He wanted to be up there and looking down at everybody. For those of you who don't know who Bob Hope is. He's one of the greatest all time comedians and comedic actors. But he was probably one hundred fifteen years ago, so he's been gone a little while. Yeah, a legend. Look him up.
Speaker 3: He's worth.
Speaker 1: He's worth looking at Bobby, You're like, who the hell's Bob Hope or Gene Autry. So okay, now you're really getting I did find I did find out that the hotel we stayed at now has a cold plunge thanks to Lady Gaga. Because during the season when they have the International Film Festival and Coachella and Stage Coach and all that, there's a lot of celebrities come through. There's a lot of pop up parties, a lot of booginess going on. So Lady Gaga wanted to stay at that hotel and she says, uh, do you guys have a cold plunge?
Speaker 3: And they said no, and.
Speaker 1: She goes, all right, well if you have a if you get up a cold plunge, I'll stay there. They install the cold plunge for Lady Gaga, so now all the guests enjoy it. Wasn't that kind of cool? The way they can move mountains for celebrity just because little Yeah, well they didn't did they did it for you were a celebrity. Well, no, I got to enjoy the cold. I didn't go to the Cold Plunge, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the fact that I could have gone there. Uh and and did the Coal Plunge because of as a benefit because Lady Gaga demanded they install it. So there anyway, good for the Gaga, Good for the Gaga.
Speaker 3: So all right.
Speaker 4: By the way, somebody I know wanted to go see Lady Gaga and the tickets were like three hundred dollars for like upper deck, and I thought, well, that's a lot of money. Until Scary, one of my favorite bands, announced after a ten year hiatus because their drummer died that my one of my favorite bands, Rush was getting back together with a new drummer and they were going on tour and they're playing four nights in at Madison Square Garden. Now, Slices, I'm not asking you to send me money, but I will say this as much as I want to go, because they have not toured since twenty fifteen, and again one of my favorite bands. Floor seats are over two thousand dollars. What the super levels? Yeah, the upper levels have not gone on sale yet. This was the pre sale, so I don't know how much the tickets.
Speaker 3: Again, some balls to do that. That's crazy, man.
Speaker 4: Well, because they may not tour forever. They haven't toured, and it'll be eleven years by the time they come back. And they're legendary and people love them and I love them, but I missed my days in radio or I used to get, you know, discounts or free tickets to concerts, because I will not be going to see Rush and it's breaking my heart unless all of the slices would like to chip in.
Speaker 3: Okay, enough of this, enough this, Stop using this as.
Speaker 1: A platform to make money, because you know, if you say it enough, somebody will don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a few people.
Speaker 1: I'll get twenty three dollars be able to buy a shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: Anyway, at some point in this podcast, I have to play some voicemails from from telemarketers because I need to clear out.
Speaker 3: Wh why don't you do it right? Why don't you do it right? Now? We have some time, We have some time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, let me let me hook up the old system. Here again, the new thing is to give names. I love the fact all that you're getting these regularly. I don't know what I did, but I think I finally scared them all away. All right, so I'd like to uh uh miler, Joe Harper, I've played I played Harper Anderson, right, yes, and I played I played Luna. Oh I didn't play Luna Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: So here I'm gonna play maybe one that I've already I've already played before. Here's here's one. See if you can hear this.
Speaker 6: Hold on, this is Scarlett Thompson reaching out from the Offer Determination Unit.
Speaker 1: I Scarlett, were able to get Scarlett Thompson.
Speaker 3: Did you get that? Yep?
Speaker 1: That's my good friend, Scarlett Thompson, not to be outdone.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Hey, this is Scarlett Jackson giving you a quick call in the underrating department.
Speaker 1: Oh, Scarlett Jackson. So what are the odds that both of them are named Scarlet? That's a very what are the odds? Yeah? Yeah, now let's move on. Who else is calling me?
Speaker 6: May This is Luna Taylor trying to connect from the Eligibility Review Group. I see here that we were able to get you tensitively approved for a debt consolidate some loans.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, Luna Taylor. Luna probably not her real name, if she's even a human being. Who else called me?
Speaker 5: Say?
Speaker 6: This is Eleanor Garcia, trying to connect from.
Speaker 1: The loan processing unit.
Speaker 6: I see here that we were able to get you past initial review for.
Speaker 4: How listen, Eleanor Garcia, thank you for getting me past the initial review period, because you know scary how tricky that is to get past that initial review period for a loan you didn't apply for and don't need.
Speaker 1: Who else is calling me? Hold on?
Speaker 6: Hey, this is Nora Rodriguez, hoping to catch you from the underwriting team.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, Nora Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: Developing here.
Speaker 1: Wait, I can't talk to you. I gotta talk you know, I gotta talk to you.
Speaker 6: Abigail write reaching out from the approval department. Hey, this is Abigail Right, reaching out from the approval department. I see here that we were able to get you into offer pending status for a decue.
Speaker 1: No, it's funny, it's Abigail. Listen to the voice.
Speaker 6: This is Abigail Right reaching out from the approval department.
Speaker 1: Abigail Right, that's God bless her. Right, hold on, hold on, hoping to catch the same person. Hold on, Scarlet, Jackson, that's not Eleanor.
Speaker 3: I told you, is.
Speaker 6: Eleanor Garcia trying to connect from Eleanor?
Speaker 1: I got more hold on? Who else called me? Hold on? So so we got two scarlets and I already established Eleanor Garcia called me hold on. Lewis just wanted to follow up from the same voice. No, Eleanor Rigby, hold on now, I told you Abigail Wright called me, right, So what are the odds? What are the odds?
Speaker 6: Jesus is Abigail Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: Abigail Rodriguezriguez. So two scarlets to Eleanor's I would like a slice, a Hispanic slice, to leave us a talk back by going to the iHeart radio app and leave us at talkback.
Speaker 4: If you are Hispanic and you ever know, knew anybody named Abigail Rodrigue or any Hispanic people named Abigail, that.
Speaker 1: Those two don't go together. People that doesn't go to get Spanic people. Do you know any Hispanic people named Nora or eleanor eleanor Eleanor No way?
Speaker 4: Okay, So yeah, and don't forget Camilla Jones called me and Harper Anderson and Lucy and Gwen and shed all these lovely people, but apparently only four, three or four different names exist among telemarketers. So thank you all for trying so hard to get me past that first phase or getting me to the only the final step. We have one more hurdle to get over because I'm getting all these loans I don't need.
Speaker 1: So thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: The Glynn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 1: We will be right back. I was gonna cook today, but I got lazy. Oh I got another rant?
Speaker 3: Another rant?
Speaker 1: What is it? Another r?
Speaker 3: What's another one? What's it about? Is it a cooking? Yes, of course it is.
Speaker 1: Yes. Okay, Well, you know how we always talk about slang teen slang and then what is it a gen z slang?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So it is infesting the NFL.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I watch a lot of football on Mondays and Thursday. Yes, and I watched I watched the Red Zone chan Yes, which switches back from game to game. Here's what I now know about the NFL. Everybody is cooking. Everybody's cooking and everybody and everybody needs to eat. Everyone they got cooked, if they get they got cooked cooked. If they get sacked fee, so cook several.
Speaker 3: You have to feed them. Feed the running back, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta, you gotta keep feeding the wide receiver, the quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Cooking everybody ate, everybody ate and left and left everybody and left no crumbs, no crumbs, no crumbs. That I'm telling you, you're twelve years old. It's infecting the NFL. We are cooking men in their forties, fifties and sixties.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting for Larry Nance to be like, you know, skippity toilet, that's a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Un Let him cook, Let him cook, Let him cook. You know what? I would rather hear Bad Bunny and Spanish then listening to these guys, Hey, hey, hey, hey hey, I'm actually looking forward to Bad Bunny in Spanish. I cannot, I am, but I don't, I don't, I don't understand it. Is what I'm saying is I'd rather hear him singing a language I don't understand, because he's very talented. That to hear these people trying to be hip and cool and youthful telling me that, oh you don't think you don't The word just roll off their tongue naturally, like they that they weren't trying hard for that, or you really.
Speaker 4: Think this is what it sounds like. They're like, oh, man, look at him, go down the sideline.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait ah, he's cooking. Yes, like they're pulling out paper and they're reading off a sheet of paper. Oh, come on, I don't think they do that low. They could not be stuping that low.
Speaker 4: But listen, when you watch all the games, they're like, oh, the Cleveland brother, Oh you know he's eating.
Speaker 1: He ate on that one. Yeah, he took it all the way to the kitchen. He was eating the whole way. It's out of hand. And chunk plays. Everything is a chunk what's a chunk play?
Speaker 3: I know that one. I never heard of.
Speaker 1: It started last year. A chunk play.
Speaker 4: I don't know the exact number, but it's like if you get it, like let's say you throw a throw pass for like fifteen yards or you run for twelve yards. Those are big plays, right, So they'll go, oh, you know, a couple more chunk plays like that and they'll be rid.
Speaker 1: They'll be in a field goal range. Oh they've been.
Speaker 4: You know what the problem is, the Browns aren't getting any chunk plays. It's it's now the new term for like a relatively decent sized advancement of the football.
Speaker 1: It's a chunk play. So Tom Brady says, chunk play every other minute. And they've have they moved away from moving the chains. Move the chain, that'll move the chains, about moving the chains every time. That's still that's still lingo, that's still that's still. That's it they use. They used to over use that about moving the chains. You know when they when when they get the next first down. I haven't heard that they call the first down. They call the first down markers the line to gain. They always got three more y odds to get to the line to gain. Used to be the first down. Loker, get a first down, three yards, first down. That's the line again. So everybody again, everybody's cooking. It's like it's like when I what I say last week, they were saying, what was I upset about last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I said some expression that everybody was saying, and it was driving me crazy. Well, this is this is this is the same thing where what did I say? Was everybody, Oh damn it, I don't remember, don't don't tweet me, I'll remember.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 4: My point is everybody's cooking and eating, and like you said, no crumbs.
Speaker 3: No crumb, they left no crumbs. I will say, uh, on and again, uh.
Speaker 1: This is why I don't go after teams, you know, This is why I don't scream and yell about other teams failures when the Mets are doing well. Because when the Mets failed and they shit the bed this season, and we all know what happened, how that ended, and that the tumultuous collapse, I sat there in silence, and I had to hear it from all my Yankee fan friends. And I heard it from some slices who are Yankee fans, and I heard it from some slices who are Philly fans. Well, I heard I heard it from a friend. I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who Well, now the Phillies, the Red Sox, the Yankee they're all joining the Mets in Cancun. You saw all the memes. Sorry about that, you know, listen, you know, wait till the end of the Wait till your team wins the World Series before you want to crush my Mets like that. Because I'm like, I said, yeah, all right, Yankee fans, give it, give it a week Phillies. Give it a week or so, your team is going to be right here with the Mets. So what so So they got to play a few more games more than the Mets, they still didn't make it to the a L r nlcs's sorry, I'm just saying the Phillies fans got to go to a couple of games and watch their team gets destroyed. Yeah, and why the uh that poor rookie uh pitcher implode?
Speaker 4: What the hell if you don't know we're talking about, there was I think the bases.
Speaker 1: Were loaded in the bottom of the ninth, two outs, two outs bottom. Then it was a tenth tenth, tenth inning, Yeah, extra innings, and it was just hit back to the pitcher. Yeah, the picture bobble bounces off of him.
Speaker 4: He goes and picks it up, and he could have easily thrown it to first base and ended the inning.
Speaker 1: Yes, the catcher is standing on home plate pointing to first base. I assume he was yelling because it's his job to yell. One one the picture gets a nervous picture, Yeah, makes an offline throat to the catcher. It goes behind him, and I think two runs score right there, and then the no, the one the one run scored. That was all you needed, right? I think it was one run?
Speaker 3: Was it? Because it was a tie game?
Speaker 1: Right? It was one run the run scored, the Dodgers won the game. Crazy embarrassing, and then the Dogs the Dodgers Brewers game was unbelievable also because again I think it was I want to say it was second. It was first and second, I think, and maybe his base is loaded and uh uh the Dodger hit a ball deep to center field. The Brewers outfielder went up, the ball went in his glove, popped out of his glove, hit the top of the fence, which now makes it in play, and then he caught the ball off the wall and threw it. And the guy from third didn't run because he thought it was caught. But he still could have tagged up, which, if you know what that means, go back to the base and then run once it's caught.
Speaker 4: They throw. They threw another guy. They threw two guys on play with people should I was terrible.
Speaker 1: The catcher ended up making the double play, tagging home plate and then and then and then running to third to uh where you know? Train wreck baseball? Hey? Look, no, one's beating the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be Dodgers Mariners, as I predicted on my baseball podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. You could look it up on the on the Black Cast L A D T C A S T the blodcast Baseball Playoffs Preview and you'll see I predicted Dodgers mount slices. You want to get in on the fund that Brody and I have been experiencing with Sora SRA videos. If you have an eye a little Saura in Palm Springs, Hio. If you have an iPhone right now, you can download the Sora app. It's free, not a sponsor, and it basically is it's I guess it's gonna be the new TikTok and Instagram like a social media platform where you get followers, you follow people, same idea, but the videos you upload are AI and they are hilarious. Well they can be hilarious. You have to. You're right, You've you've seen them, even if you're not a Sora member, you've seen them.
Speaker 3: Go buy your feeds.
Speaker 1: These are the ones that's feature mister Rogers, Stephen Hawking, Bob Ross, Tupac, Jake, even Hawking doing the skateboarding, Jake, Paul, Mark Cuban, Yeah, all those people. Anyway, I have to start making. We got to do Brooklyn Boys Sora all right, we got we gotta do a Sora for well wait wait, well now this is Sora two, which came out a week ago, and it blows the doors off Sora one. And it's it's free. You can use it like a little bit each day. You can't use it a lot. And if you can make unbelievable videos, you can put yourself into movies. H You got to describe what you want in detail, and as long as it has your your image and your your voice, it could do it. To do adult content, not that I've seen. No, I think the second you start that it's over. Yeah they yeah, well there are apps that do that.
Speaker 4: But the reason I'm bringing it up, not because I need to do that, is that chat GPT, the CEO of chat GPT, announced today well last night on social media that because you you can't do anything adult on chat GPT if you try to use profanity or have it create a dirty image or whatever or like whatever, like if you tried to make it like remember everyone was making like the action figures of themselves. Yes, people were complaining they couldn't do like anything too suggestive, couldn't like you know, right, Okay, there in the next release of chat Ept, they're going to allow once you prove you're an adult, you can you can create adult, adult things, the adult well adult sexual erotica is what they called it.
Speaker 1: Adult erotica.
Speaker 4: Well, so big news if you're a chat ept Ai, this person who likes to create.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I gotta we got to create something for Brooklyn boys, all right, we got to take a break and then and then we come back. I want to tell you what I created.
Speaker 4: And then we got to play this interview because it's the it's it's I'm telling you your heart's gonna tighten when you hear this. How the awkwardness that is only outmatched by the video itself.
Speaker 1: Yes, right back, I almost don't want to play it the interview. All right, let me tell my quick story.
Speaker 4: You guys know, I write for Tops, the Wacky Packages, the division of Tops, the baseball card company, where a couple of times a year they come out with spoof product cards. They used to be stickers when we were younger, but now they're like collector cards. Like much like garbage Pail Kids, same company. But these are parodies of existing products. Now, the ones that come out in April that I do are just regular products that I parody that the other three writers, right, and we all write them and then the art of the great artists paint them and create them.
Speaker 1: But then for October we do Halloween themed ones that they're a little more bloody and Halloween themed. So in the new set that comes out tomorrow, October sixteenth, I don't expect you guys to run out and get it's like ninety dollars for the whole set, but you can go buy the individual cards on eBay, because people buy the sets and then sell them off on eBay. I got one in the set, maybe two. I got beheaded wheats. Beheaded behead So for shredded wheat, it's it's it's frosted beheaded wheats and it's uh, it's decapitated heads with like sugar on them in a bowl.
Speaker 4: And I did crack a Jack the ripper. I don't know if that made the set. I haven't gotten confirmation.
Speaker 1: Yet, but it was, uh, you know, uh, it's bloody and it's yeah. Anyway, so that comes out if you want to go, I want to come out. You go on eBay and get them like two three bucks. But uh, I'm very happy I got more in the set again, so I get to continue to be creative with my childhood. Uh favorite collectible. Very nice, Thank you, Tops, Thanks Tops.
Speaker 3: Thanks topsopps dot com.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, he packages wacky. All right, well let's go ready, I am ready to unleash this. But after each question you got to stop because I want to talk about your questioning.
Speaker 3: All right, well, and.
Speaker 1: Then we'll play his answers. So yeah, So so you remember Ari Gold from Entourage, Jerry Piven.
Speaker 3: He's been in like eighty movies as well.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's gonna be playing Sony Hall this weekend, and he's he's doing some stand up, so he's doing the rounds. So he's in New York City and uh, you know Gandhi had him on her podcast and you know other show, yeah, other people and and other you know, other morning shows. He's been all over the place doing the circuit. Well, right, it's it's called a radio tour.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So now my buddy Richie just happens to be the promoter for this concert, for his concert He's like, so he's like being paid to do this. You know that that's what promoters to promote and sell tickets. And by the way, imagine that slices the promoter.
Speaker 3: Promot. Well, they're almost sold out.
Speaker 1: And but Richie's like, look, let's you know, let's help him get over the finish line here. We just want to create awareness. So I had some time I was talking to Richie on face I'm today okay, and this came out of nowhere. So he goes, hey, look, would you would you post this this video? Uh it's well produced, very slick video of of of Ari Gold. And I'm like, you know of Jeremy Piven. Jeremy Piven. Yeah, I said, why you can see scary skills by calling in the character rather than the name. Yeah, well people know Missari Gold anyway, Jeremy Piven. So I said, rather than do that, I said, how funny would it be if we just get them on like a FaceTime call and then I could.
Speaker 3: Post this story, right, because it's.
Speaker 1: My comment, right, at some point a range of FaceTime call, Okay.
Speaker 3: That is the okay, right, there is the key.
Speaker 1: At some point a FaceTime call, and it'll be a quick video tailored for social media. It'll be a thirty second forty second video. Okay, this isn't this isn't a sit down interview.
Speaker 3: I'm not like Larry King, and I'm not these people.
Speaker 1: I'm not anybody trying to do and trying to like solve the world's problems or get deep with a celebrity. All I want to do is for the bite size social media crowd. It wouldn't it be funny if I'm in the frame with him, I'm like, Hey, what's going on, Jeremy, Hey, what's going on? You can do on your show? You got some tickets for sale, let's go, how can people see you?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 1: That's what I wanted to my vision. And I was talking to Richie about this. As we're talking through on FaceTime, He's like, roll roll, roll, tape record. I'm like what, he goes, I'm calling him right now. I'm like, you're gonna give him a heads up?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: He goes, no, no, no, We've been working all week. This is what he does. Oh, he's the best. No problem, He'll FaceTime. He talked about doing FaceTime. Yeah, he talked about doing promo anyway he can get it, and I'm like, bro I'm like, you're gonna do that? Wow, I I didn't know how to respond. Next thing, you know, he's on my screen. So the three of us are on my screen on FaceTime.
Speaker 4: So let me preface what you're about to hear a little bit, and and just remind everyone that David Brody has interviewed a lot of celebrities, okay, a lot of on Walkers and talk hold on a lot on walkers and talkers. I used to do the Brody Blog, which is on YouTube. I interviewed rock stars, I've interviewed I've interviewed Jeremy Piven on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Scary, as you know, has interviewed weird Al Yankovic and remember clip me maybe one of the worst interview questions of all time. And I but so he is given the task now. Scary is very talented, but he doesn't interview people without preparation.
Speaker 1: Correct boom alright, like off the and what I wanted from him with these bite sized nuggets that can live on TikTok and Instagram that are thirty seconds long, I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Trying to do anything with him.
Speaker 4: So, and I don't know the greatest interviewers of all time, uh, late night talk show hostsks menurstern the clips. They all refer to these clips as nuggets. Just so you know, it's like scary.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to do an interview. Let's be clear, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let me pull you and you succeeded.
Speaker 3: It starts with my brother.
Speaker 1: This is my buddy Richie, the promoter that you'll hear first along with me, and then in nowhere, Jeremy Piven appears on my screen.
Speaker 4: But I want you to stop it after you ask the first question. This is an iPhone FaceTime. Okay, this is a disaster, folks, And I want you to one more thing. I want you to imagine Jeremy Piven with a baseball hat on his eyes one percent open, bloodshot because he just woke up.
Speaker 1: He had no idea he was doing this. He doesn't know he's being recorded, and go, am I doing Sunday?
Speaker 5: What everybody should be doing?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: Well? What you're doing? Now?
Speaker 5: You're coming with me? I hope you know that. Tell them you're coming.
Speaker 1: If I'm going you, Richie, I'm going to see your boy Jeremy Piven at Sony Hall.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: But if I'm going you're going right.
Speaker 3: I guess we're in this together.
Speaker 5: Now, Oh, Jeremy's there, had a Jeremy.
Speaker 1: I hope I didn't get him in a bad time.
Speaker 7: I don't even want to look what he looks at he looks how he looks.
Speaker 1: At me, by the way, you see how he looks at me. You see the face I'm getting right there, He's like, what the fuck are you doing to me? You just gonna read pause FaceTime people, pause, Now, I want you to listen. Scary goes, Yeah, look at him. You can't. You can't randomly put him on They're talking about him as if he's.
Speaker 3: Not on the call, but he's already there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, now he's talking in front of him because I'm becoming a little angry because I'm like, you can't put me on the spot with this guy in a call that you didn't warn him about. But Jeremy has a look on his face like, what what the fuck going on? Who the fuck is this? He has no idea who Scary is, has no idea that being he's just being recorded. He just knows his promoter is calling him three way FaceTime with this random guy.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I keep going, I got to do my job. I'm trying to promote the fucking show.
Speaker 5: Well, sorry, I was, brother. Are we are we on the air right now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No, it's not live. This is just recording, just for fun. It's like cold scary, so we can promote the show. And yes, we want to record it. And he said, you told me earlier you don't want to go down to the studio, You'd rather do the FaceTime stuff.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brother, he's looking down, he's pissed.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: He's a big time in New York City radio DJ. He does Telvis. They ran in the morning show, and I told him, you know, I always I know.
Speaker 5: That, but but.
Speaker 2: This is a cold, FoST time and I'm in bed and and I'm happy to you know, do whatever you want. But this will be the last time either one of you ever see me, see.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So so right off the bat, right from the jump, this guy is fucking livid, and he's letting me have it. He already has told me this is it. You're just but he's talking to his promoter and me at the same time. But I'm dragged into this, Okay, I was dragged Now remember remember the look on the face of the couple at the Coldplay concert when they realized that the camera was on them. That is the look of Jeremy Pittman when he goes, wait, well, so we're like he wants to be able to say, he wants the freedom to say, what did you do to me? I just woke up? You you're you're you're ambushing me. But he can't because he now knows he's being recorded, right and if he says, if he says, bro, turn this off, don't record me, that will go on social media in some people would post that.
Speaker 3: Now I wouldn't know. I'm not a douchebag. I would.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't. But he doesn't know that. So now he's like, he's like, oh, yeah, I want to.
Speaker 3: Do it, but like.
Speaker 1: Okay and all he goes downhill from here. I remember the couple of Coldplays. But you did it?
Speaker 2: You know, he's he's he's he's you know, very eccentric guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well, well, Jeremy, I wanted you to talk about your Sony Hall show on Sunday night. I'm excited Richie. You know, Richie's getting me out of bed for this. I wake up early for the morning show at three o'clock in the morning. I'm gonna pull them all night to that night because I want.
Speaker 3: To come see you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, How do you get tickets for this?
Speaker 3: Are the tickets left?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: I pus pause, pus so. Scary's first big question is how do you get tickets for this?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So, no, I.
Speaker 3: Meaning is it's sold out? Is there anything left?
Speaker 1: And their tickets left? Tickets? If you now slices for the rest of your life, I want you to listen to celebrity interviews. Okay, and remember we plug at the end. You ask at the end, right, But you have to realize, Brody and slices. I'm telling all of you now at the same damn time. I'm not looking for an interview with the guy. I'm looking for a thirty second clip of him plugging.
Speaker 3: How to get tickets to his show.
Speaker 4: This is not in depth, Okay, this is not supposed to make some slices. I want you to think about if you were him, just woke up your celebrity and Scary asked you, how do you get tickets to my show? Think about how you'd respond, and now here Jeremy Piven respond.
Speaker 2: To that question, I'm gonna send you a Google link. Okay, the Sony Hall theater is really hard to find, you know. You do Sonyhall dot com Jeremy Piven dot com to get tickets, right.
Speaker 5: Usually what happens is I send people.
Speaker 2: A flyer and I say, come to Sony Hall at eight o'clock Sunday night, and.
Speaker 5: They go where is it? And I go, oh no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I work for you. I'm your assistant. Let me let me because the Google machine doesn't work for you, so let me. My time means nothing, so let me let me get on that for you.
Speaker 3: All right. Pause?
Speaker 1: You know this fucked up because I was led down a trap. He doesn't realize that I'm not doing an interview. He really he said that I might be doing this interview, and I just suck. That's exactly correct. And all I want to do is just get the juicy bit out of him about you want your nugget?
Speaker 3: No, it's the who want? When? Where? Why?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 3: What's going on? What are you doing? When? When is it? Where is it? How?
Speaker 1: How do I get tickets? Because the sole purpose here is to get some seats. How do you get tickets to a show hold on.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we'll give me the website.
Speaker 1: Your Google machine wasn't work, you got yeah, but these are this is pertinent information. If you want to move, if you want to sell seats, you gotta tell me. But anyway, he made it. He was insulted. But again he's all, this is happening at once celebrity. How to get tickets?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: That your funny, Go on with the next part.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's almost over, folks.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's almost over. There you go, so you got on it. You're getting on it for us, Sony Hall.
Speaker 5: I'm in a service position for you. Anything you need. I'm good.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you're awesome.
Speaker 3: I can't What can we expect to see?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Pause pause paus So Scary's next question is what should we expect to see? He's a stand up comic, and his question is what should we expect to see? Slices? What do you think the response is going to be? As opposed to what's no?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I was?
Speaker 1: I wanted to When I say that, I really quickly in a nutshell.
Speaker 3: What expect to see? What type?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What's your stick? What's your humor? Are we going to see stuff about your life. Are we gonna see suff about from Entourage days or your current movies? Is Is it going to be a lot of sex in here? Like just I'm I'm just tossing him just a very quick, in a nutshell forward question. That's all I was trying to do. That that's what you think you did. But go ahead play his response, well, because listen.
Speaker 3: You know what, he's being a smart ass. He acts a little bit I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, And by the way, he's still fucking angry saying that he said that I'm your servant now, because he basically is like, what's the point of this guy waking me up to get on the phone with me? And you know, I asked him to do the you should have come because in his world he's he's right, an interviewer, normally you ambush scary, I get it. A normal interviewer would have a prep sheet written up with like websites and social media and times and dates. But you weren't given that he didn't know that. He knows the traditional.
Speaker 3: Interview we're talking about. We're talking about.
Speaker 1: This is not the radio, This is not the radio, this is not for a podcast.
Speaker 3: Well this is it ends to be for a podcast. It ends up being on a podcast.
Speaker 1: But this is this is for this is for an Instagram story. I'm not going to interview the guy on an Instagram story because, guz, you know the obvious?
Speaker 3: Do you know the obvious? Hold on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Do you know the average the average watch time of a video three seconds, three seconds. If you don't get them in three seconds, they're out. So nobody's watching this fucking content. So it's like, I am get to the point, get to the point, get to the point. That's but that's how I was trained in a social media environment. This guy probably you realize that I'm even doing the social media thing. But but your question to him was I'm going to a comedy show. What am I going to see? You didn't ask him what he's you're gonna hear?
Speaker 4: You didn't say, Hey, people know you from Entourage, they know your movies?
Speaker 1: Right, how does your Because that's an interview style, Because that's in the interview style. This is two guys talking colloquially. Yeah, this is just like shooting the ship. Boy, guys, your boys. It's like we're having a beer at the bar. I turned on my phone. Let's do a quick hit, let's go. That's what this was supposed to be.
Speaker 4: If you were at the If you were at the bar and and and somebody said they do a murder mystery podcast, you would go, oh, what kind of stuff am I going to hear?
Speaker 1: Is that what you'd ask? That'd be a question shooting. Let's finish this mystery.
Speaker 3: I'm getting I got this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, just well, at a comedy show, just uh.
Speaker 5: I I do a lot of pottery, mostly naked.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of beast reality involved. What can you expect at a comedy show? Is your question?
Speaker 1: Very likes?
Speaker 3: What kind of material? What kind of you know? What kind of lanes do you do you go down? I mean, I mean what brother?
Speaker 2: It's people come up to me afterwards after eighty movies and they say, you know, we didn't know you were this funny, and so you know, I'm all over the place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: You have a good time.
Speaker 1: Scary, I promise I can't. And you have all these A listers lining up to come see you as well. It's gonna be a star studded performance. That's why everybody needs to go out and get their tickets right. Now now to see the show. I'm getting phone call. Off the phone call.
Speaker 3: They want tickets. Awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know why. To be honest with you, I'm fired.
Speaker 6: You're fired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is it sounds like this is the last time we're going to talk to this guy.
Speaker 7: All right there where we're going, we're watching from outside now.
Speaker 2: Listen, Scary, You're amazing. You're one of my heroes. This has been the greatest moment of my life. Thank you so much. Man.
Speaker 5: We'll see you Sunday.
Speaker 1: See you Sunday night, brow I mean, and he hung up.
Speaker 3: The motherfucking hung up on me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Did you notice they were again both talking about Jeremy like he wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're not going to talk to him again. Oh, he's gonna be mad at us. He Oh he was. Now Now I hung up from that, and I'm like, oh, he's a great actor. He was acting like the guy that got badgered by his promo guy randomly to do promo for his tour. So I'm going to take on that dick head character right now, and I'm gonna play the part. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I was duped. I thought he was fucking around with me. The whole time. We were just joking.
Speaker 3: He was like play being playful. He was in character.
Speaker 1: We were doing a bit, we were doing shtick, and he was kind of assuming the role. He wasn't kidding and he wasn't playing. I thought he was being smart, a smart ass. And I'm like, that's how clever this guy really is. He's making everybody laugh and he's doing stand up right now, making people want to buy.
Speaker 3: Tickets because of his answers. He's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Should by the way, he's very funny man, the funny guy, and you should go to Jeremy Piven dot com or Sony Hall dot com and go to the show on Sunday night.
Speaker 3: They have some tickets available.
Speaker 1: It's close to sold out, but you should go just to see if he talks about that zoom call as part.
Speaker 3: Of his as part of his act. I I thought about that.
Speaker 1: Then I thought, if I showed up, make he may make me be part of the act.
Speaker 3: And I don't want any part of being.
Speaker 1: On his act. So it's at least you could do. It was not a bit, and he was really upset, and I apologize. I didn't make the phone call I don't have his phone number. It was my buddy doing the promo that you know, which is fine. True. Fans of the Elvis Straan Morning Show will note, well, we will remember this, but I will. I will remind you all of it. About twenty years ago, I had my friend Jim. We submitted a phone tap, right, and the scenario was that Scary was going to say really rude things to this guy and but and he and it looked like right up his alley, and I gave it to him. I'm like, oh, this this would be a good review.
Speaker 3: Pretty hand into the email.
Speaker 1: And what we normally do is we call the accomplished first and then we call that then we do the phone tap. So we we we go over the scenario before we record phone taps. That's how we always well, right, the formula for a phone tap.
Speaker 3: No, I got to let them in on that. That's how we do it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: So so the girlfriend was also one of my uh was one of my singers and voice over people from my comedy department.
Speaker 3: Actress.
Speaker 1: That's scary to note, unbeknownst unbeknownst to me.
Speaker 4: So he calls herb he says, okay, so you want me to call your boyfriend and say and say this, this and this, and go I need to know. And so you get the information like his apartment number is whatever, the phone number, the flight he's on, whatever the scenario was.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Then I press recorded. I actually do do the phone tap where I try Scary right, So then Scary calls up my this guy who's who's now he's in on it, and Scary doesn't know that both his chops he's yeah, he's phone tapping it. And then then he's yelling at Horror and she's like, but honey, calm down whatever, and then he goes, wait a minute, I know your voice. Is this that fucking idiot Scary from the radio. I know you My girlfriend listen the all time. And he's like, and I said, guess what I say. You've been phone tapped. It was all a joke and your your your girlfriend put us up to it, right. So then he's like, gonna kill Scotty that you think this is funny. I called me and you upset me. He was like, I'm coming to the radio station. I know where you are.
Speaker 4: And so Scarr's like, who wait, wait, wait wait, your girlfriend put me up to it. I had nothing to do it. It was our idea, and this is all on audio. We have all the audio.
Speaker 1: I was shitting in my pants because it was the first time that any one of us tried to phone tap any one of us, and nobody saw that coming, and certainly I didn't.
Speaker 4: Right right, I set this whole thing up to fuck Scary over.
Speaker 1: So then Scary scares out in the hall.
Speaker 4: And so Elvis's office is across from my office and he's like, Elvis, I don't want to do it. Got this guy on the phone site he's gonna he's a psycho. He wants to kill me. Does and he gets on the phone. He's like, listen, uh, this is Elvis's show. I just work here. It's my job. I'm just following orders.
Speaker 1: Like he's doing. Now he's making he's playing. Everybody said it. Elvis gets on the phone.
Speaker 4: He's like, now, Elvis knew about it, because I had, you know, Elvis was in on it. I was like, listen, Jimmy, calm down. Jimmy's the guy. And he's like, calm down, Jimmy. He's like, no, I'm gonna fucking kill that guy. He's like, what can I do for you? And then then he goes, I'll tell you what I could do. He goes, scare, You've been phone tapped, And everybody laughed and scars like no, no, But Scary was like, no, dude, don't be mad at me. Your girlfriend was good. Your girlfriend's idea she did it would be funny. No, Elvis told me to do it. It wasn't what's your point, bro, what's your point.
Speaker 3: That phone tap? But that's what I did is that.
Speaker 4: You should you should re air that next time you're on vacation so everyone can hear it. That's classic phone tap when scaring up phone tap. My point is that's what you're doing now. It wasn't my idea to do the interview. It wasn't I was ambush.
Speaker 1: It was me. They just put me on. Jeremy, I don't know what I'm doing. Terrific, But you got to put the video up at some point, maybe Friday after the morning show, because the look on Jeremy Pivens's face when you ask him what am I going to see at the show? What's going to be going on? Where would I get tickets? I mean, it's the greatest, the greatest clip I've heard since the wind I Yank give a interview. Ah, so amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, there you go. I've had enough for one day now.
Speaker 1: If you tried to leave us a talk back before our break or during our break, just know they all got erased.
Speaker 3: A lot of them did. Okay, we will have it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we will have a Let's let's wipe the slate clean.
Speaker 3: Unless it was really.
Speaker 1: Important, okay, then you could feel free to leave it again. But let's not dwell on too much of the past. If it was mediocre, if it was of the moment, let's move on. Let's wipe the slate clean.
Speaker 3: This is episode three three.
Speaker 1: If it was hilarious, That's what I'm saying. If it was hilarious and important, okay. Otherwise this is episode three fifty three. We would hope that we do the comments and your talkbacks based on this episode, okay, and we will see you on Monday or Tuesday with the next slice time. Again, we're apologized, but that's just the way the system works. They all get deleted and cleaned out, so you may not hear your talkback, okay, just.
Speaker 4: Let me There may be some stragglers left over, and also sometimes people are an episode behind. They may ven talk back about a previously, but just no, let's it.
Speaker 3: Was not my fault, not my fault. All right, Well, we'll talk to you all on Monday on Slice Time.
Speaker 1: And what are they gonna hear on the Slice Time episode? What kind of stuff?
Speaker 2: Boys not Brocly, brockly, No, boys not Brocly