Speaker 1: What do you remember about right for us?
Speaker 2: A lot of blitzing and different looks they like to throw to you. What do you remember about last year?
Speaker 1: And how can that kind of help.
Speaker 2: You this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, uh, you know, it's like, I don't know, man. He does, you know a lot of different looks and different things and makes you think that it's gonna be one thing and it can be that or go do something completely different. And so he does a good job with that. I think, one of the best in the league with you know, just disguises in general. And so, uh, you know, last year we had you know, obviously a whole game against him, and and and got some really good looks from him and and some tough situations that he puts you in, especially as a quarterback trying to make a decision and stuff, and so it was good. It was a good experience last year. And you know, there's some things that I had learned from So I had a year of film and and stuff and this week of practice, so we're excited for it.
Speaker 3: What about the atmosphere last year?
Speaker 2: How does how does that stadium stack up with Seattle and some other loud buildings that you've.
Speaker 1: Been in Yeah, you know at the end especially it was tight game and everything, and you know, that place was rocking, and for the most part the whole game they were like that, and so some loyal fans that they got in Minnesota. It's a dome, so it just gets loud in there, and you know, they bring it, and so you know, it's an environment where you want to go in and try to obviously do your thing to put up points and score, to create momentum and and keep them away from you know, being so loud. But it's a great environment to playing.
Speaker 2: How does not having Christian Diccaffrey out there on the field change the way opposing teams defend you guys?
Speaker 1: I think, you know, just with Christian especially, like you know, there's certain plays third down where you know, we we like to get him out and to throw to him and stuff like that, and so there's a lot of teams that can either double double team him and then open up some other guys within our offense. And so that's something that you know, we sort of have to remember. That's that's a that's a huge aspect. You know, teams always have to account for him and have a whole plan for Christian. He's the best in the league at it, and so you know when he's not out there, I think it's sort of not necessarily simplifies things for defenses, but that's a component that they don't have to really handle and then they can focus on George and Ba and Debo. So that's something that for us that we have to understand and and as a quarterback, I always like having that because I think it does open up other guys.
Speaker 2: So what's been up for you as far as the things you need to clean up specifically coming off of Monday.
Speaker 3: Not going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's just you know, certain like movements in the pocket and stuff that I saw like early on in the game where I feel like I could have been better and sort of threw me off some reads and and you know, just that that live action and feeling of a real pass rush and having to make smaller movements within the pocket and then deliver the ball on time. I feel like that's there's some reps in the game in the game early on where it was pretty hard on myself and I need to be better. So that's something that I'm sort of honing in on and hopefully I can be better at this week.
Speaker 2: Sorry to addressed this already, but last time you went to Minnesota inter and a devo, but you also didnt have Trent Williams left tackles. So how much more nicer is it going back there? And how necessary as it went that line has to do silent counsel stiff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's it's tough for the offensive line just you know, being on a silent count. You know, they're waiting for the guy next to him to move and and that's when they're in their pas set or running you know, run blocking and all kind of stuff. So it's tough. And so you know, for them in general, that's a whole challenge in itself. Not having Trent and Debo like that was a whole component to the game in our game plan, you know, all the things that we can do with Debot and having that out of the equation last year was tough. And then obviously Trent and his experience at left tackle, not having him within the run game and pass game and stuff. But I think Jay Lamore jumped in and did a great job. So I'm not taking any credit away from him. He did a great job. But you know, having Trent back in and just his dominance and force, you feel it, and so to have him back will be great debo as well having him going full like full speed and being able to do everything that he does. Uh, I'm really excited for So I feel like for the most part, everybody's healthy, feels good, and we're excited to take on the challenge.
Speaker 3: So rock With Jake Moody's going into his second year, his rookieer, he was replacing kind of a legend a round here. He was a third round draft pick. Do you see a change in him and more confidence in him? And do you have more confidence in him now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think you know, last year he went through a lot of different kind of situations where you know, things were on the line and and a lot like there was a lot of meaningful kicks that he had to, you know, in situations that he got put into. You know, as a rookie it's not easy, and then especially being a third round pick, it's like you have all this extra pressure and expectations and stuff. But I think just the the more experience that he got, man, the just the more confident he got. And then obviously this year, man like in camp and stuff. He's he's been locked down and and and just locked in on his job and he's been great. So obviously the first game he had, he had a great performance, and just who he is around the building, just talking to him and Sophomore and seeing him sort of come out of the shell and talking to guys, you can just feel it. So we all got his back and we love going to war with him.
Speaker 2: Teams running version of your defensive scheme is what they're running in Minnesota? Like really unique? I mean, is it tough to prepare for me because you don't really see it very much?
Speaker 1: I would say, so, yeah, like you get into you know, some some teams throughout the league where you know what they're running. They're in quarters three D man, like you know what they're running with Minnesota. You know, they it's sort of of an illusion fest. They want to make it seem like they're doing this and then post snap they're dropping eight and every which way. So they do a lot it's hard for us to just grasp exactly what they're doing. So I think you know a lot of it is you know, dropping back and post snaps, seeing the shell, the safeties, who's coming who's not and where I need to go with the ball from there. But it's definitely one of those outliers of a scheme that you have to get ready for.
Speaker 2: Part of what makes it effective in Minnesota the fact that it's so loud and it's hard to communicate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I think that's definitely component of the game, being in the huddle screaming the play breaking and then you're not being able to hear guys and yell and make audibles. It's all signals and you know, like like I said, we're on silent cadence, which is a whole nother dynamic from being in playing at home, and so you know, it's it's totally different, but there's there's some good things that can come from it, just in terms of the preparation and being ready for those moments and executing. You know, sometimes the best executed games are on the road with crazy environments because you have to be more in tune to the little things. And so there's pros and cons to it. But you know, Minnesota is one of those places where you have to be on top of your stuff or else you can get exposed.
Speaker 2: In terms of your memories of playing in Minnesota. Do you flash back to last year's game and the finish Where do you go back to maybe your first ever preseason game when after you've done the joint practices and you get your first taste of NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, it's more so of last year, just like that's a real game and regular season and going in on Monday night football try trying to get a win. The preseason game was you know, every once in a while think about it and laugh about it, but uh, just being my rookie year and and me trying to go through reads and stuff is pretty funny to go back and watch. But last year, those are the memories that you know that when I think of Minnesota, I think of last year's game and and how every possession matters, taking care of the ball matters, executing in certain moments. Man to try to create momentum on a place like that in the road, it's not easy to win there. So that's what I what I think of most is last year.
Speaker 2: Rocks kind of a crazy game. I mean, what months ago, you're sure in a quarterback room with Sam Darno. Now you're going up against him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh yeah, he's Sam's the man. Like I've told everybody that I absolutely love Sam and who he is as a person, what he's done for this team in the quarterback room last year, for for Brandon and I. You know, he came in and helped me prepare and gave me everything that he had, you know, with his role as a backup to to help me be successful on Sundays. And so I'll always be grateful for that. Love Sam and so and dude, he's very talented. He's in a great situation, great offense, great players around him. And Sam is so talented with his arm, strength, his legs, like Sam can move, and so you know, to be able to go out and compete against him, man, it's gonna be fun. So and that's who he is. He's a competitor. I know he's gonna want this one too, and so for all of us, Man, it's gonna it's gonna be a fun game.
Speaker 3: Do you think that George's punishment for the Iowa State Iowa.
Speaker 1: Game was equal to your punishment last year for that same game. I mean, we agreed to the terms of what was gonna happen after this year. You know, I had to walk up here with a mascot helmet, so that's a little different. But it did feel good though, just seeing him in an Iowa State helmet, like what could have been? You know, he could have been a cyclone. George Kittle is a cyclone. That'd have been pretty sweet. So I thought he looked good. Man. That helmet looks so good. And then with George's hair coming at it, I.
Speaker 3: Was all right, mascot head somewhere.
Speaker 1: I don't no, I mean, yeah, I could ask my equipment guys back. I Woad State the semi one and to tell you the truth, my rookie year that was the deal too, and Iowa State one and I had the stuff sent out and it got lost in the mail. So George was like, you're a rookie, you have three days to do it. And it didn't show up and he goes us too bad. I was like, bro so And then last year, of course they win, and then this year got him. So I don't know, maybe there will be a mascot head thing again. So yeah, go cyclones, Yeah yeah we should, Thanks guys,