Speaker 1: It is Thursday, March sixth, twenty twenty five. This is a very special edition of Football Today. You know Bobby Skinner and Justin Pennock, I'm Chris Ros producer Connor is here as well. But we are joined by the guy who likes to walk around the office and be known as the football King at John Boy Media. Dalton Feenie. Is that right? That's it Bobby Dalton.
Speaker 2: No, we call him Chalk Dalton. Chalk Dalton, Dalton, Chuck Dalton. Okay, Okay Dalton.
Speaker 3: You guys are unbelievable. That's all I have to say is this is what the Football Today guys do.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, This is it. We are nuts. We are nuts. Well, you're here because we are doing our free agency football draft. You've seen us do it before in the baseball world. It's a ton of fun. You all get to make fun of us for our terrible picks because we'll probably go over thirty two. Here's the first of all. Is everybody excited for this? Bobby?
Speaker 4: I'm very excited. I've got a list of thirty four players with destinations, so I got a little extra two just in case, so I'm ready to roll. I got some. I got a couple of reunions that are gonna be coming up. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Wow, Headick.
Speaker 5: I am very excited, Dalton.
Speaker 3: Very excited, a little nervous. The butterflies are back. My first draft. We've done it for Talking baseball. You were on it this offseason, but you know, football's a little different. Breedom with football, guys, I got I'm I'm excited.
Speaker 6: But nervous.
Speaker 1: Of course I was on it. I invented the thing for talking baseball, O God, so they could put it on their program and make their numbers look better. Heck, yeah, this is what we're all about at John Boy Media is caring the well. All right. A few simple rules. It's a snake draft, just like your fantasy draft. We're gonna go eight rounds, so each team will have eight players on it. If you pick a player to go back to his most recent destination and you nail it, you get five points. If you send him to a new place and you nail it, you get ten point points. There are also bonus points. Five points if the guy was a pro bowler last season, five points if he was a Super Bowl champion. So let's just use Zach Bond as a perfect example. If you have him going to the Dallas Cowboys and you nail it, you would get ten points because he sent him to a new team, five points because he was a pro bowler, and five points because he was a Super Bowl champion. So Zach Bond could be worth twenty points if you find a new correct destination. Does it make sense for everybody?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh we have five the Eagles. That's it correct five points if he stays with it. But he can't do both, Bobby, Now you're confusing me. I know I did that on purpose, thank you. All right, So draft order, I created it on my own. This is the way we're doing it, Bobby. Our wedding gift to you is to draft first today.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's not a great gift for snake draft. But that's okay. I thought it'd be nice. Well, can I go fourth?
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna go first because you're the guest today. You're gonna go second, right, Uh, Pennic just cause you're gonna go third, and I'll go I guess I'll go fourth and fifth. I'll be at the end of this snake. Okay. How's that?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 1: First on the clock, the newly nuptialed Bobby Skinner.
Speaker 4: Well, my former person who I was, you know, linked to and was a big part of my life. Daniel Jones is going to the Indianapolis Colts with the first pick, right like that out of the gate. That's the one I feel the most confident with. I can't go for you know, I got some five pointers, you know, ready to shoot up later, but I I got to go out there with a ten point one to start that. I feel confident. And if I have the first pick.
Speaker 3: So what's your actual first pick? I think because we started right, I mean, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Don't rip on him like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dalton, you're plugged in. You know the rumors right like, Daniel Jones is going to the Colts.
Speaker 6: I know, I'm just very pessimistic about it.
Speaker 4: If he may best quarterback and like he's going to win the jobs in some years too.
Speaker 1: Would you, hey, Bobby, would you have made this pick if Chris Ballard hadn't come out and said, hey, we got an open competition.
Speaker 4: I didn't know he said that, so yes, but I've just been paying attention to rumors and listen, if this was if I had the third or fourth pick, you know, but I got eight picks until my next one. I had to take a ten point swing with something I feel the most confident. And to be honest, there's there's no other new destination ones that I'm plugged in enough where I think it's going to happen. So Daniel Jones to the Colts with my first pick? How about that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good? Good guest star Dalton.
Speaker 3: So before we all started, you guys called me chalk feely Chalk Dalton.
Speaker 6: And do you know what I'm all about? Reunions. I like bringing people back together.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the best marriage is what's already happening. Chris Godwin man, he is a great fit for that Bucks offense. I know we think of Mike Evans as the Bucks guy, but Godwin is number two and basically every receiving category in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 6: Why have him leave?
Speaker 3: Keep that offense consistent, that eleven personnel with him, Mike Evans, McMillan, who broke out after Godwin got hurt last year, plus Baker Mayfield being great in back to back seasons. Keep in Tampa Bay. Keep that offense offense consistent. After losing off your offensive coordinator in back to back seasons.
Speaker 4: You truly are Chalk Dalton. That is my number one, like easiest return to their destination guy on the board. Excuse me, there's one other guy, but good, good job.
Speaker 3: Chalk Dalton's on the boider points on the board, Bobby, Okay, Panic, I'm.
Speaker 8: Rooting for God when to either go to the Patriots or the Rams at the record show, I've been saying it for a long time. Think it may happen. Sam Donald is gonna go to the Pittsburgh Steelers. I think it just makes sense. Get your contract a little bit of a big swing. The Steelers are in the snow man Land, uh, and that would be an investment at quarterback, probably the biggest investment that they've made since big Ben has retired.
Speaker 4: Isn't the rumors that he's staying with the Vikings though, right? Justinus roll Dalton.
Speaker 5: He didn't tag, but no tag, They're no tag.
Speaker 8: But I honestly think, like, if you're Sam Donald, another team is going to pay you more than what the Minnesota Vikings are going to offer, So why not take that bag while it's there. You're coming off an insane season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the biggest question for Donald this offseason is anyone gonna give him a long term deal, because I mean, the Vikings drafted mccarth that he gets hurt on that rookie contract. Are they gonna be willing to give Donald an extended length and of contract after his twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: The issue is, I don't know how many teams are buying are fully buying into Sam Donald because we know that Vikings offense and how like it's every quarterback, Oh, it'd be great in the Vikings offense, right Like, It's basically like, if you can't put up three hundred yards in the Vikings offense, you know you're you're don't you don't belong in the NFL. And I think teams are just with the way it ended or like you know what, I'm not, I'm not going all out for that, you know, if it gets reasonable, sure, and then I think he may just want to stay with the Vikings if that's the case.
Speaker 1: Plus, the Steelers did have guys that each started at least four games that are both free agents right now. I would be shocked if one of those guys, in particular, Justin Fields didn't return to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: I just want to both.
Speaker 1: I don't think both will. I think that one will. I think there's enough openings around the league right now, and with the quarterback uncertainty in this draft class, I think both those guys will have starting jobs, and I think one of them will be in Pittsburgh. That's what I think. But I like the big swing Pennick. I like the swing because you know what, if you nail it, you'll get fifteen points boom. He was a pro bowler a season ago. All right, So I got the next two picks. The Los Angeles Rams have a lot of good things going for them right Matthew Stafford is returning. We know they're moving on from Cooper Cup. But defensively, they're young and their set except at one position in the middle of the field. They're kind of weak at linebacker in my opinion, and this is not a great linebacker draft. They don't have a ton of picks. I think they've got five selections this year. I think they need a leader on the middle of that defense that can bring it all together and take them to another level, and I think Nick Bolton is that guy. He's a former Super Bowl champ right he returned to fumble for a touchdown in Super Bowl fifty seven. I think he's a really good player. He's still only in his mid twenties. He's a good leader. He's a guy you can count on, and I think it makes sense out there with the Ram.
Speaker 6: I love that Rose. I really do like Bolton is.
Speaker 3: Bags talk so highly of him being the Patrick Mahomes on that defense.
Speaker 6: I had him at.
Speaker 3: Dallas, but the Rams I think could even be a better spot for him. He's a leader of the defense and they, like you said, really need that.
Speaker 1: And so I'm gonna double up on defense and Super Bowl champions. You know, I always look for guys who take jobs first time coaches, and they need guys that can get their message out right. Do two have played for him and say, hey, listen, this is the way he is, let's do it. Carlton Davis, I believe, only spent one year in Detroit with Aaron Glenn, but it was a good one. And I think that Carlton Davis is going to the Jets because I don't think the DJ Reid is going to stick around, so they're going to need somebody opposite Sauce Gardner, good veteran has won a Super Bowl before. That would be extra points as well. I've got Carlton Davis going to the NYJ.
Speaker 4: Coming off the injury. I actually had Carlton Davis as he was one of my reunion guys. You know, the Bucks did a reunion with Jordan Whye had the year before. I actually thought that could be a reunion guy, you know, them getting him or maybe a little bit cheaper. But back yeah, makes it Like you said, I think Aaron Glenn is going to try and bring in guys that he likes.
Speaker 1: So okay, uh uh, Headrick.
Speaker 8: You're back up, speaking of reunion, speaking of Super Bowl champs, the sky could go elsewhere, maybe get a lot a lot of money, but also from the Philadelphia Eagles. And I'm Howie Roseman, I'm looking at Zach Bond saying, how can we let this guy walk out?
Speaker 5: Can we let him just in it?
Speaker 1: Peedicky the only guy on the board that could be worth twenty points right.
Speaker 8: And I'm and I'm reducing his value and I'm going to draft him on my team. The Philadelphia Eagles cannot let Zach Bond leave. You have you have this great example of a player that he got off the scrap heap. He gave him basically a vet minimum contract. You changed his position. He became an All Pro player for you. Keep that guy in the building, bring back Zach Bawn, pay him a little bit of money. You're treating your players, right. You gave Barkley the extension, treat Zach Bawn.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, sorry, I think I just poo pooed on.
Speaker 3: It's just they had that's the most value someone can get in this draft.
Speaker 6: And you're like, nah, let's just scrap it, just go.
Speaker 1: There are other ones. But still, all right, Dalton, Well, it's.
Speaker 3: Very funny that Pennic went to the Eagles defense because I'm also gonna go there, but I'm gonna do a.
Speaker 6: Little bit of a change.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Joshua is a premier edge rusher. I think he's somehow still underrated in the NFL. I think he's gonna leave Philly and he's gonna reunite with a former coach. Uh, and that'd be with Jonathan Gannon in Arizona.
Speaker 5: Boots.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'll split the points with you. I'm generous split points, all right. I really wasn't going to him kind of lying. That's okay. Listen, joshwat Man. Cardinals need an edge rusher badly. Over the last two seasons, no one has eclipsed over six acts on that defense. They need someone big time. They have the fourth most cap bringing Ganna gets to bring in a guy that he knows. I think it's a perfect marriage for that Cardinals defense.
Speaker 1: Good one, Bobby. You thought we weren't going to hear from you for like hours.
Speaker 4: Look where I got scarre twice because guess what I have the Philadelphia Eagle leaving and it's Milton Milton Williams.
Speaker 1: Can I guess where you have him going?
Speaker 4: The team with the most cap space in the NFL?
Speaker 1: Chris Ros No, God, really, you went to the Patriots. Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes, he's going to the Patriots. Believe it or not. Believe it. Uh, I'm cheating a little bit. I actually like looked up some rumors and stuff on this, which you know, maybe you don't buy into, but you know, Milton Williams, Super Bowl champion going to the Patriots. They got a lot of money. They're a team that I think should use their money while they have Drake May and all these contracts will expire by the time you're having the pay drake man, you make new decisions. Then, so I'm going Milton, I'm taking another swing, Milton Williams to the Patriots, and then I'm gonna I'm gonna do a say and I.
Speaker 1: Say one thing about before you move on, I will say this. I had the good fortune of calling not one but two Patriots games, one over in London and one at home against the Chargers, and they got throttled in both. As bad as their offensive line was, and it was historically poor in my opinion, the defensive line was not much better. It really wasn't and does it work well, It'll be interesting to see what sort of defense they're gonna run up there now under new leadership with Mike Brabile. I would imagine they go four to three. So they're gonna need some guys on the inside, and Williams has got that versatility where you can pop them outside too on passing downs right right, So it does make sense. It's just I always worry about guys who who. You know, he's had a solid run in Philadelphia and he's gonna make a ton of money wherever he goes, but then he could like disappear in New England.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's probably gonna be an overpay lot of these interior guys that you want him to put up, you know, close to ten sack production with twenty some QB hits. But a lot of these guys are overpaid. Like Jones from Seattle just got cut. I think that for that very same reason. You know, a solid player, but you kind of have to overpay at that position.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the way free agency goes. We get so excited about it, and when a guy signs as four year deal, inevitably he's gone after two.
Speaker 6: It's the cycle casualties come about too.
Speaker 3: It's kind of crazy if for agency works, because a guy could be can signed for a massive deal in two years later the guarantees are no more.
Speaker 6: You can cut them and they're out.
Speaker 1: All right. So Bobby, I hated, sorry to interrupt you, but no, you're good.
Speaker 4: God, I'm gonna take my first layup. And if this guy retires this year, gonna be so mad because he signed one year contract with the Bucks every single year. Levante David. I mean, he's going back. He's going back to Tampa Bay if he's playing, if he's not playing, or if he doesn't go back to the Bucks, that means he's retired. So I'm going Levante David back to the Bucks. He signs one year deals every year.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you think he gets Hall of Fame consideration.
Speaker 4: Yes, consideration, but I don't. I think if he gets in, he'll be like a guy who gets in after like you know, ten years or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good player, really good player. Could do a lot of things really well.
Speaker 4: He is. But I mean, Luke Keekley not getting in first ballots was kind of bonkers.
Speaker 3: Horrible, d'hal tone, you know, Rose, you kind of scared me a little bit. Bringing up the Patriots offensive line was, especially with you call him two games this season. I remember you call him the Chargers game, that Saturday Saturday game. That was a crazy blowout. But AnyWho, going back to the Patriots an offensive line, I think Ronnie Stanley is the biggest left tackle in football. You have a rookie quarterback in Drake May, you gotta protect him, right. You have the money, you have the space with the quarterback on a rookie contract, protect the man Ronnie Stanley. The biggest question for him, Ronney Stills, excuse me, The biggest question with him can he stay healthy. He played seventeen games last year, but prior to that had not played more than fourteen games since twenty nineteen. His only All Pro select was in twenty nineteen. If he gets back to that form, he can be worth a contract. But he's shown flashes of him being a really good left tackle and hopefully he could do that again in New England protecting Drake May.
Speaker 5: Pretty Ricky say he's going to get an extension, Bobby.
Speaker 4: I don't pay it, thinking pretty rocky anymore?
Speaker 6: Oh no, wow, really you're out on him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: All right, So we'll say about Ronie sim Maybe maybe he's maybe I'm saying, maybe he stays in.
Speaker 4: Baltimore, Yaltimore too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so. I think he's moving on. I think they'll get somebody else in free agency. Maybe I'll make a pick there later, Simuler. Thing is that New England at four is going to have their their choice of best offensive linement and or Travis Hunter. It is a or Travis Hunter. Perhaps, Okay, but I think that I think Rabel's no dummy. He knows how you win in this league. You got to build up front. He's not a more, and they're going to take the best offensive lineman that they deem in this draft as well. I think it's zy.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's a slam dunk at for New England's going offensive line?
Speaker 1: There's like no Dalton when I tell you how bad the offensive line was last year. So I did the I did the second game with Ross Tucker. He's one of my favorites, you know, former offensive lineman around the league, you know, kind of a spot starter here and there, and he's just hilarious. He's really bright. He went to Princeton, he was Kyle Brant's roommate the whole bit. And when he gets upset, he gets on a roll.
Speaker 7: He's like, Chris, this is the worst offensive line I think I've ever seen. I've been following the NFL for twenty four years. When I tell you it's the worst, the worst, there you go.
Speaker 4: It's which like preseason, it was just like, why did the Patriots think this was the play for this year? Why did they not do anything other than you know, resigning on Waynu Yeah, all right, Pennick, all right.
Speaker 8: The Commanders were starting to bring in forty nine or left hand up poor a way we're starting to bring in forty nine or reclamation projects. So how about Javarious Ward going to the commanders. They need corners, they need outside help. Commanders have a lot of money to spend, and I think a lot of that should should be on the defensive side of the ball. Javarious Ward going to the commanders. I kind of struggled between either him or DJ Reid going to the commanders, but I landed on board because of the forty nine er connection.
Speaker 4: The corners are the hardest to predict because I feel like it's the most rich part of the class. So it's just like, you don't know how those dominos are going to start falling.
Speaker 1: Just find the teams with the most caph space and just start plugging.
Speaker 6: Them in panic. I love that down.
Speaker 4: Everybody, just everyone to the Patriots. They have the money to tin everyone.
Speaker 1: They really do, they really do. Okay, I love to try shoot my shot for bonus points, and it never has worked out for me in the baseball draft, but I am praying to the football guy that this one works out. I think the Raiders at six are not going to be able to get a quarterback one that they love right now. Tom Brady I think has his fingerprints all over this organization. With John Spytech coming in. There's no way Brady wants to win three or four games. It is not in his DNA. So even if he goes out and gives a little bit of money to Russell Wilson to rejoin forces with Pete Carroll, so be it.
Speaker 8: So RS producer Connor, by the way, is a Raiders fan, just took off his glasses and rubbed.
Speaker 6: His head, visibly reacted.
Speaker 5: Does that visibly frustrated?
Speaker 4: But Pete Carroll won that breakup, right like that's that. I don't think that that's a reunion that's getting back together.
Speaker 1: I just I'm telling you, I think it's gonna happen. I think they're gonna go relive Super Bowl forty nine. They're all gonna watch together as to you know how Malcolm Butler ended up winning this game and Brady jumping up and down like a like a sophomore in high school. We're going to see that. But I just had to do something with the points that are out there. He's a pro bowler this year and a former Super Bowl champion, so when he ends up in Las Vegas, I will gladly take those twenty points.
Speaker 2: Yum Yum's cook two point zero a yum yum yum.
Speaker 1: So the Raiders are going to be the even steven this time around for me. They'll bring one guy in, but they're gonna lose another guy in Malcolm Koontz. He's been a really solid football player and he is heading east and south. Although I think it's probably almost a direct line from Las Vegas to Atlanta if you were to shoot it right across the board. The Falcons, like the last six years, have been the worst pass rushing team when you're talking about in totality. They need a guy that can help him out a little bit, and I think the Malcolm Konts is that guy. So I'm sending him to the atl.
Speaker 4: How about that? They need it. They need to everything they can up on that defensive front.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they need a lot of help, Padick, This.
Speaker 5: Is an interesting pivot point.
Speaker 4: What makes it interesting? Tell me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you just not have about somebody ready?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, I have a lot of people ready.
Speaker 3: I just don't know. Get the draft clock going, folks. He's got the four feitest pick. It's gonna be a whole ard deal.
Speaker 4: Cam Robinson, Oh big, Cam Robinson.
Speaker 8: Getting a call from Cam Robinson right now from Arlington, Virginia.
Speaker 1: Not going to answer.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: I have two teams written down, and I'm gonna go with one because that's the name of the game.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the Bears.
Speaker 8: Cam Robinson to the Bears, and I think the Bears instead of in Round one, instead of taking a tackle because they do need a tackle. I like their right tackle and Darnold right, but I think they need a left tackle. Cam Robinson, you could be left tackle, and then Ashton Gent you are Chicago Bear, and I've now fallen in love with that idea and concept since they've been very very aggressive or not even aggressive. They've been somewhat aggressive in the trade market getting these offensive line with Jonah Jackson and Joe Thuney. I called, you would maybe want to call it aggressive, but they haven't even been that aggressive since they're giving up Day three picks for a really good offensive lineman. So how about Cam Robinson Chicago Bear left tackle?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's fine. I think they can do better. They probably couldn't think they could do better with the amount of cap space they've got and their draft position, but I understand it. It's good thought there is.
Speaker 8: I think Cam Robinson's the best left tackle on the market. No am, I forgetting somebody big runny.
Speaker 6: I like Stanley better.
Speaker 5: It's just all for him if Stanley.
Speaker 8: If Stanley leaves the Ravens, then I yes, he is the best left tackle on the.
Speaker 4: Market for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, dal Town, it's time to do a little home cooking, Padic. I will not be doing my Chris Ballard impression. I'm sorry to let you down. Okay, but let's and the Colts are known to not spend in free agency, but that seat is as hot as it's ever been for Chris Ballard in Indianapolis right now. You bring in lou Anumo as your defensive coordinator, and where his defense strives is when you have a really good safety.
Speaker 6: Javon Holland and Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 3: I think is again a very good safety and he's gonna play that Jesse Bates role.
Speaker 6: Maybe not as.
Speaker 3: Good range wise in comparison to Jesse Bates, but he's going to play that role in the Indianapolis defense. And granted, we saw on Orumo's defense fall apart last year, but A lot of it was because of guys left like Jesse Bates, like DJ Reader, like Jadobe Wuzie. The Colts need some playmakers on the back end of that defense. They were very young in the secondary and Javon Holland fits them perfectly.
Speaker 5: With Loumo as DC, Javon Holland is a panther.
Speaker 4: I had him as what did it happen? I just retyped it.
Speaker 1: I had him as a panther too.
Speaker 6: By the way, ah Rose Rose double different.
Speaker 1: With some of us.
Speaker 4: I had him as a bronco like they just get They just want to keep on against stronger and stronger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought about him there. I just don't know what they think of DJ Locke. But okay, yeah, I got back to back again. Yes you do.
Speaker 4: I don't want to keep doing things that are Giants related, but I'm thinking about it. You know what, this we got to get this guy off the board. And I hate the fact that I'm hoping for this, I really do, But I'm going Aaron Rodgers does not leave East Rutherford, New Jersey. He stays in it, and he's going to big blue New York Giants. Highlight it right now. Bobby put it in the color code that you have for your own name. Aaron Rodgers is the next New York Giants quarterback. And I had that too, And as much as I'm you know, up, probably going bad, I am excited about it.
Speaker 8: Well, double up too, don't you have another pick? Because if Rogers is going to the Giants, then somebody else is also coming with them.
Speaker 4: I could do that, you know what, I'm going to do the double up because the other I have I think I can get later. I'm doubling up. We're discount doubling up. Davante Adams to the New York Giants. How about that?
Speaker 1: Did you have that before Pennic mentioned it?
Speaker 4: I did, but that wasn't going to be my pick there.
Speaker 1: But you did have him going to the Giants. Huh, yeah, I did, see I don't I think that at this point, Davante is like, listen, the Giants aren't gonna win ship this year. I want a shot. Where did you have we're talking going? Where did you guys have him going?
Speaker 3: I had Davante Adams going to the Chargers, a big Dalton.
Speaker 1: It would have been fun him and Maconkey totally. I think that's the perfect place. For him.
Speaker 3: They need size on the outside. Sorry, Quentin Johnson, you're not getting it done. It would have been fantastic fit.
Speaker 4: But Alas, I agree, Listen, I agree. But they love each other and he has a.
Speaker 10: Tu Well, yeah, wherever Aaron Rodgers goes, I think that's still a thing.
Speaker 1: So where did you have Aaron Rodgers going?
Speaker 5: So, I mean, I think he's going to be a giant.
Speaker 1: Did you have it on your paper? Are you just making this up in your head right now? No?
Speaker 8: I I didn't have it on my paper because I wasn't going to go there this episode in my in my I wasn't gonna take Rogers and I because then I would have talked about the Giants and I wanted to avoid.
Speaker 1: Were you saving it for our next free agency draft show that we're not doing.
Speaker 8: I knew that somebody else was going to do it, and then I would have been like, I disagree, he's going to New York.
Speaker 4: I actually had Rogers and Russell Wilson as Giants and I was just gonna pick whoever I was gonna pick second on the quarterback. Yes, I had the opportunity.
Speaker 3: So there the new headline Talking Giants host believe Rogers savior.
Speaker 6: Of New York Giants football.
Speaker 5: Nope, we didn't say he would save it. We just think that he's coming.
Speaker 4: There'll be a short out saying that.
Speaker 1: What would your panic scale of one to ten? How excited would you be if that combo join the Giants?
Speaker 8: It would it would be a it'd be a seven. Like you know, do I think anything great's gonna come out of it?
Speaker 4: No, but we'd be the best offense we've had in like a long time, which is sad but still the truth.
Speaker 8: It would be the best quarterback play we've had since twenty fifteen, elam. And that's so we're looking at that's that's a decade ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I think that's fair. I think we have to be honest with ourselves even though Rogers and I thought Rogers played pretty well the last ten games of the year. Any team that gets him it is there's a little juice there, like there's interest, there's national interest in it, and the guy could still play a little bit. So I think it's kind of fun and.
Speaker 5: I think he's pissed off.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't like him when well, all right, daltone, we have justin that's an all season Talking Giants, is we do the a Wushka or whatever you call it. If we get Ann Rodgers Hihuasca, you're gonna do it the show on I No, we're just gonna do like a Talking Giants trip. We got offered to do like a Talking.
Speaker 1: True By the way, really that's what we did. Are you sure that's not one of those funny cruises maybe you got cass to go on.
Speaker 4: No, it was. It was they were trying to get us to sponsor it, and and and you know, get people to sign up, and we're like, you know what, who's not going to do this anybody? So we're not doing the Talk of Giants cruise.
Speaker 1: Mighty Mighty doll toones, you know what.
Speaker 4: There would be like two people to do it, and those are probably two people I don't want to be around on a cruise to you know. So it's yes.
Speaker 3: If I if I didn't take Javon Holland before Bobby did Back to Back Giants, I would make fun of him for his own home cooking. But that's okay. I am going to stay in the NFC East. The Commanders had an impressive run last year. I think one area that they're gonna have to revamp? Is that defensive line? Jonathan Allen's requested a trade. Dante Fowler Junior is a free agent who led the team in sacks.
Speaker 6: Khalil Mack thirty just turned thirty.
Speaker 1: Four years old.
Speaker 4: Bitch, thank you.
Speaker 6: I love hearing that. He just turned thirty four years old. He wants a ring. He's a very accomplished pass rusher.
Speaker 3: He's pretty much a bona fide Hall of Famer at this point for how good he's been. I think he wants to play for that ring. Take advantage that Jayden and Daniel's rookie contract.
Speaker 6: They have them.
Speaker 3: They have one of the most caps in football this offseason helped that defense and Dan Quinn out.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something? You told you you took my my number one reunion? I had him going back to the Bears.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 6: Interesting? Would he want do you guys think he would want to go back to Chicago?
Speaker 4: He was loved in Chicago. I don't you know. I know it probably didn't end the best way, but he was he was loved there. But I did have a you know what, I'll say that because I'm gonna use it later.
Speaker 2: So how about that Okay, all right, Pendic, all right, how about Cameron buying him going to the Jets?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 8: Because the Jets haven't had a safety basically since I feel like Jamal Adams, they made a lot of mistakes, a lot of missteps in the previous regime, and I think they're a little desperate to get somebody in there. So Cameron buying them get a new team, go to the New York Jets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think they're gonna get a veteran corner. You know, obviously I had Carlton Davis going there, but Cam Biningham is a good player.
Speaker 6: Losing DJ Reid makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: I like a panic totally.
Speaker 4: Where's DJ?
Speaker 1: Are you going to go?
Speaker 4: Still out there?
Speaker 6: I know Chris Rose dot.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: We got to get the top guys off the market, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I know I do. And I'm just trying to think which one is most fun that I've got. I think I think I'll do it now. He's coming off an injury, He's already in his thirties. He's been a tremendously productive player in three stops now, even though we didn't get a full season of his most recent stop. What I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I know exactly who you're talking Diggs. It's on Reddick.
Speaker 1: Stefan Diggs. Yeah, there is no better place to send him for a shit show of a room than the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: No, if that happens, Mike Tomlin is just a glutton for punishment.
Speaker 1: Seriously, but look at the way that they draft. They draft malcontent after malcontent in the second round. Why not just go pay a little extra money and go get a guy that we know he's been productive, but there are times where who he can get a little wouldn't you pay to see a receiver room with George Pickens and Stefan Diggs in it?
Speaker 4: No, I would not pay to see Stefan Diggs and George Pickens want to murder Justin Fields on the field. No, that's I think that's against the law to pay for that.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say I'd pay to see them fight with each other, because that's abound to happen.
Speaker 1: But no way, no way.
Speaker 3: I ironically rose, I had him going to the rival of Pittsburgh Stews.
Speaker 6: I'd going to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: I had him staying with the Texans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's Yeah, Well with the report that tanked l just have ACL surgery. It's just out they're gonna need something. They don't have a ton of cap space. And I I mean, who knows how it was behind the scenes. I'm sure he was fine his contract here. But I'll tell you, man, that could be so much fun watching Stefan Diggs on one side and George Pickens on the other. WI all right, I got another one here, and I got a lot of good players that I kind of want to say Byron Murphy had a really good year. There's a pro bowler. This team's already got one really good corner. They've got a ton of money to spend. The New England Patriots, we're gonna we're gonna take care of that because I don't think they're gonna even if Travis hunters there, I don't think we're gonna go that direction. As I told you, I think Brabel goes offensive line early. This allows him to understand we got the secondary all taken care of there with the corners. Uh, he was a pro bowler season ago. Wow, no reaction.
Speaker 4: I thought you muted for a second. I was looking. I was in my list.
Speaker 6: Are ours too? You cut out for like like five seconds.
Speaker 1: All Right, All I'm saying is that Byron Murphy will be a New England Patriot and get a massively overpaid but good player.
Speaker 6: Had a good year for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right?
Speaker 4: Am I up?
Speaker 1: All Right?
Speaker 8: I think this is guy is gonna be one of the more underrated signings of this offseason. Another former New York Jet Jamie and sure would. I think it's going to go to the Washington Commanders and fill that void and fill that gap that Bobby Wagner is going to leave. And I think that is going to be a very very good signing. He is an athlete, and I think he's going to really help make that commander's defense much better. And I don't think the Commanders are going to necessarily need to break the bank on Jamien Sherwood.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be so sure about that. Oh you could make. You could make a case that he was one of the jets better defenders last year. Oh he was.
Speaker 8: But I think I don't know, like an in chier linebacker market that I think is a little overflated right now, and he was like the number two on that team.
Speaker 1: So I think I think the problem is is that there's probably a bunch of teams that are looking for guys. As I mentioned, the talk of the combine was that the linebacker class is not the off ball linebacker class is not very good. So I think like a place like Tennessee who's got a ton of money and might not be afraid to spend it, might try and overpay him, But I think he's interesting, all right, Dalton.
Speaker 3: Bobby said about the cornerback class I have for this free agency. I have no idea about these cornerbacks one fit. I kind of like, just scheme wise, if they stay true because they did make a change. A defensive coordinator, a Sante Samuel Junior will stay in California and he goes to the San Francisco forty nine ers. Samuel is good and pretty good in zone coverage. He's great with all skills. My only question for this pick now that I'm thinking about is that Robert sala is coming back for the forty nine ers defense. Does that change how they go man versus zone defensively speaking? But Tarvarius Ward is probably gonna leave in freegency. He kind of said so himself. Racket Stan Isaac Adams are also free agents to this class, so they're going to need a cornerback and throwing a dart here. I think Asante fits well for what they did last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only thing is he's coming off of an injury where we saw him about three games.
Speaker 6: I should say like three to four games. That's a big thing.
Speaker 3: And he looked a little shaky before that in the jesse Mentor defense too, So I understand. But bounce back Canada going to a defense that should also bounce back next year too with some changes.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let's let's get the cornerback floodgates going. So I'm gonna get another a former Robert Saliz corner. DJ Reid. Every time I watched this team play, I'm like, how do they get by with these corners? And it's it's the Arizona Cardinals. DJ Reed to the Arizona Cardinals. They have a lot of cap space they can they need to spend on their cornerback room like they they've been two years with a defensive coordinator as the head coach and not having a cornerback group. DJ Reid to the Cardinals, It's gonna be my swing there.
Speaker 1: I had him going to Jacksonville. They were a dumpster fire on defense last year.
Speaker 4: Yes, that could make a lot of sense too. And then this is a I would like this. Actually I probably wouldn't like to see it, but he fits a dan Quinn defense. Hassan Reddick to the commanders. You know, no one's talking about him after last year for you know, obvious reasons, because of you know, the hold out with the Jets and then getting there and not doing a ton son of a bit. Justin got five points. What Zach bonce Re signed with the Eagles?
Speaker 6: Ah for how much?
Speaker 4: Three years? Fifty one million?
Speaker 5: Hah?
Speaker 6: Really by the way, three for fifty one it was what was the number?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got more than five points. You got fifteen points.
Speaker 5: I'm winning.
Speaker 8: I'm winning.
Speaker 4: I'm he got it.
Speaker 1: He was a pro bowler last year and a Super Bowl champ. Holy cow.
Speaker 4: I did have him staying with the Eagles, too, So that was a good pick by Justin. You guys think I just didn't see him going anywhere else other than what he had in in Philly, and Philly wanted to keep it.
Speaker 3: That was the guy I thought would stay on the Eagles defense, like Milton Williams Josh Wet.
Speaker 6: I thought they were out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Zach Baum was the guy that Philly had to keep. Great pick panic like.
Speaker 8: You, the spreadsheet has shown him that I am fifteen points ahead of everybody else.
Speaker 4: I think there's like a legit chances to only pick Justin ends up getting right though.
Speaker 5: I think that's also a good chance.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm gonna go Husan Reddick to the commanders. You know, he he's you know that that quick, a little bit of a lighter edge, but he's just going to be a disruptor. You know, his market may not be what it what it was imagined to be a year ago or two years ago. He's a great fit with the commander. So he goes, he goes and joins Dan Quinn.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't you have another pick? I took dj Reid to the Cardinals. Oh right, okay, sorry, all right, so Dalton back.
Speaker 6: On the clock. I go Connor.
Speaker 3: If you were shaking your head for Russell Wilson, get ready for this one. I don't have a great feel for the running back class either, because this draft is littered with so many talented running backs. So I'm curious to see where guys like Aaron Jones and Naji Harris signed and for how much? Because I think teams are gonna wait on these guys in the draft. That said, for some reason, when I close my eyes, I see Nasei Harris as a Raider.
Speaker 4: Your asshole, That room.
Speaker 6: Was horrendous last year.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about a mir abdulla Sincere McCormick.
Speaker 6: Brandon Bolden's it's a mere white like.
Speaker 3: They had so many guys and none of them are really that effective until really Sincere mcormickwards the end of year.
Speaker 6: But nase give him credit for one thing.
Speaker 3: I know, a thousand yards isn't the most impressive stat now with the extra game, but four consecutive seasons with a thousand yards only running back to do that in the NFL, he will grind it down. And we know Pete Carroll back in the day loved that run game. I think Nasee could be a bruiser for them. You bring in a running back in the draft as well as a complimentary piece. It's a better run game than they.
Speaker 4: Had to be fair in Dalton. Trying to recreate the Steelers offense is something the Las Vegas Raiders would do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two steps back, yep.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, worst pick guys Russell Wilson to the Raiders or Najee Harris.
Speaker 4: No, Russell Wilson could go to the Raiders.
Speaker 6: What the hell about nause That's a fun one, guys. I'm sprinkling in some fun here.
Speaker 9: Baby going. That's actually the least fun pick on all of this. It's like Malcolm with the Falcons is actually way more fun than uh Najee Harris on the Raiders.
Speaker 1: It's not fun because I'm like fun, it's gonna be when I get ten points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a last You know that the third round pick running back the Raiders take will like average more yards per carrier than him. It's gonna be Jayalen Warren all over.
Speaker 3: Again, which is fine because I still get the points that already happened.
Speaker 6: It's signed, heel delivered at that point.
Speaker 4: All right, up, you are up. Some would stay down, but you're I think you're up.
Speaker 8: No, technically I'm fifteen points up on everybody. Bobby, where's Darryus Slayton gonna go? And I think he I actually think like, not just.
Speaker 4: Point my last pick has a nice goodbye to my friend, not.
Speaker 5: Just putting on my Giants cap.
Speaker 8: I actually do think if you look at the wide receiver free agency market, Like, I think Darius Slayton is probably one of the more compelling names on there, especially when you consider how young he is, how explosive he can be, and just how bad the quarterbacks that have been throwing them the ball basically his entire career.
Speaker 4: There's two options, the Chargers and the Steelers. I'm going Chargers. That's who I had to Yeah, So.
Speaker 8: Darius Slayton to the Chargers. I think it just makes total sense. Justin Herbert gets gets a deep threat, and hey add another receiver that maybe has a little bit of a drop problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the same thought I had. Justin I was like, I think he'll be a great fit in the Chargers. But there's a guarantee the Chargers lose a game on Primetime with Darius Layton dropping a pass.
Speaker 8: It's a guarantee, and that'll suck because Darius Slaton will probably make a ton of good play with them at you know.
Speaker 4: A game has ninety five yards too, but he will drop a pass at the end of the game. He'll lose on prime Time and it'll be a shit show.
Speaker 8: When the Chargers are playing four thirty Eastern. You know, he'll make these great plays, a national television will drop the ball.
Speaker 1: I had him going to New England. There was not much better than their offensive line room.
Speaker 4: It was horrific. Yeah, though, that's I think that'd be a great fit for Drake May. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So these are my last two picks. One I'm going to go with that makes sense, and one I think makes sense but is also fun at least for me. The one that makes sense is Chase Young to Detroit. He actually we didn't pay it much attention to the Saints. He was a pro bowler season ago. And is he great? No? I mean, he was the number two overall pick, and we all thought that he was going to explode and be this, you know, fourteen to fifteen sack a year guy, and he hasn't become that at all. But I think up there in Detroit, why not makes sense? They need more pass rushers, right. It felt like Hutchinson still led them even after he didn't play in Week six. I'm for sure this Yeah, my last one. I have to preface it by saying I do believe that the Browns are going to trade up to one and take cam Ward. Wow, and they need to revamp their entire quarterback room. And one guy who did extremely well under Kevin Stefanski, and I actually thought played his best football there was Jacobe Burssett. So I am going to bring him back as a guy who can be Cam's Obi wan Kenobi. He's got the respect of that entire organization. He actually played well under Stefanski. He was miserable last year in New England, just horrible, barely threw the ball, pass the sticks. But for whatever reason, with Stefanski's fine, and I have to get my Browns in here somewhere with minimal amount of money.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna ask you how strong is your is your thoughts that the Browns will trade up to pick number one?
Speaker 1: I think they know that that's what they have to do in order to make sure your giants don't leap Froguss. That's what I think. So I think they'll be willing to give up whatever it takes to move up one spot.
Speaker 5: Wait, can't wait for this to turn into a bidding war. Wow, terrific.
Speaker 1: I know, isn't that horrible for both of us? Horrible?
Speaker 6: I'm just here eating popcorn watching it.
Speaker 4: I just don't want enjoy.
Speaker 5: Daniel Jones and Joy Daniel Jones, don't.
Speaker 1: That's mean, that was mean. That was mean.
Speaker 6: I demand an apology.
Speaker 4: Daniel Jones with the Colts is because no one pays attention to the Colts. He's gonna have like a facelift next year. And it's not gonna be super real, but he's gonna have a facelift in that. Like Josh Downs eighty catches. You know, he'll now Alex out of the playbook.
Speaker 8: But the rest of you guys, yeah, yeah, fair Michael Pittman Nokan does again.
Speaker 5: Josh Downs getting ready to catch a ball.
Speaker 1: They have on the on the return here Dalton.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm just gonna do a layup. I really hope the Minnesota Vikings bring back Aaron Jones.
Speaker 1: I think it makes sense.
Speaker 8: I think, yeah, I'll do a layup for my last pick. I think it just makes sense. Whether it's Jj, whether it's Sam Uh. You know, you don't want to go back to having a really bad running room, like running back room like he had two years ago. And Aaron Jones, for I thought it was a steal of a deal. One year. Reward yourself for finding that guy. Keep that guy in the building.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he's I think they only have three draft picks this year. Yeah, you know they They're gonna have to be really, really uh cautious with that thought process. All right, Daltone, for.
Speaker 3: My last pick, I'm going pick point hunting. Excuse me, uh, the Dallas Boys. You stole my pick for Nick Bolton. That's where I had him going. But I can't take Nick Bolton anymore. So I'm gonna give him a different linebacker, and I'm gonna go with Bobby Wagner.
Speaker 6: He's staying in the NFC East.
Speaker 3: Eric Hendricks thirty three years old, upcoming free agent. Let's get an older linebacker in there. No, the Cowboys really need a veteran leader at this point at middle linebacker, at linebacker for the new Matt Eberfolis defense. I'm really hoping Wagner's doesn't retire.
Speaker 5: Just out of a blue.
Speaker 3: As we're recording this, I wanted to put Drake green Law because I think linebacker is a really big need for Dallas. But Bobby Wagner, he's a Super Bowl champion. Give me those extra points.
Speaker 4: So that actually helped me make a decision because I was thinking about doing Bobby Wagner back to the Commanders. That's a ten pointer, even though it's not one hundred percent sure. But and dang Quin kind of had a vague response on it.
Speaker 6: But I'm here to help, Bobby. You're welcome, So.
Speaker 4: All right, So one, I think we got to talk. We got to get the quarterbacks on this right. People be mad if we didn't. So I just want to give an honorable mention of Kevin Jenkins to the Chargers just because that would help their run game a ton. But he's injured, so me they may not want to do that, just an honorable mention, wouldn't McKai becked into the Bengals be funny? You know they just signed the biggest offensive lineman every single year as all Wall mention. But my real pick is going to be a layup Justin Fields to the Steelers. It seems like he's staying there no matter what they do at that other position. So I feel like we got to get Justin Fields in their summer. He stays home with Pittsburgh, which is again proves my point that quarterbacks not playing is truly the best possible thing for their image. Because Justin Fields got benched, but because his first four or five games weren't like a disaster. His young talent is like he might. He's probably gonna get like his value probably increased this year.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you, and before we go, I would have to say that I am looking at my team and I think I am the most likely of the four to get zero points. That's how I feel about my fantasy draft every year that I'm going to finish eleventh, and I feel that confident.
Speaker 6: Okay, then you end up winning somehow and you're a champion. A little reverse.
Speaker 1: I never win these things. I never win these things.
Speaker 4: Really, you guys aren't gonna believe this, but I actually think I'm gonna win. So that's I shocked, shocked.
Speaker 1: I do want to put this out there for all of our listeners because this is a fun episode. Everybody will inevitably look simply at the grid that we put out without the explanation, and they'll go.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys have everybody going to the Patriots, or you have everybody going here, Why don't you have anybody going there?
Speaker 1: We are four independent contractors, like I don't care what Bobby and Justin and Dalton do with their selections. I look at it a totally different way. So when you say, well there's thirty two guys going, you don't have anybody going to this. You guys don't know football. You can think we don't know football, but this is the philosophy. Okay, so we don't all think the same. We're not trying to build a fair and equitable NFL. We're trying to win, So that's what we're doing. I just want to make sure everybody understands that before you m.
Speaker 4: F us Chris Rose, just know that fighting with graphic comments is an unwinnable battle. They can but you will never win that battle.
Speaker 1: Not looking to win, I just want to at least get it on the record.
Speaker 4: The best way to do is just tell just comment, be like, if you don't like my picks, s I D. That's the only way to win a fight against the graphic comments.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, probably not going to put that out there, but all right.
Speaker 4: Colin.
Speaker 5: Connor, I think we just found a new thumbnail face for Chris Rose.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, guys, this was fun. Did you enjoy it? The Dalton your guest.
Speaker 3: Rose, Bobby Pennic Connor, thank you for having me on. I feel honored. Hopefully my team comes out decent enough.
Speaker 6: But yes, it was awesome. Thank you guys, I'm wanning.
Speaker 1: Also a shout out to intern Sawyer who did some great research for us. Really didn't awesome job at a way, So Dalton, thank you very much for dropping by, and the next time we do this, I'm sure it'll be a blast. You know, feel free to come and join us whenever. For Bobby Skinner, for Justin Penning, for producer Connor. I am Chris Rose. We will see you next week when the bidding begins here on Football Today.