Speaker 1: Hey, the folks. You all sent in your questions. We have been asking them in part one of the Q and A. If you already heard that. If you haven't, please check it out. But we're going to start this one with the number one question we are told that has been asked by you all. And with that, everybody, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. That it's not a stress. It's not that difficult. Wonder what the question would be? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would be the question that most people want to know the answer to?
Speaker 1: You know, it might be too that might be to one, the other might be professional.
Speaker 2: That's true. But on a personal personal note, if you can think of what the question would be, I think we can all come up with it before Andy actually asks it.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna let him do his thing. So Andy is a super producer. Andy has been guiding us through the questions in part one of the Q and AH. He's going to do it for us again in this one. So Andy, you go right ahead, all right.
Speaker 3: Number one most asked question, when are you guys going to get married?
Speaker 2: It's not if it's when. I like that, wow, you know, instead of if it's when. And I actually appreciate that. TJ. You told me that I should never propose to you.
Speaker 1: So propose to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Remember we were talking about women proposing to men. But I'm just saying, if I answer this, I feel like that'd be kind of in part what me saying when I would like to get married.
Speaker 1: Then answer after this set up, Now we all waiting to hear this.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't have a date obviously, and we haven't even decided what we're going to do.
Speaker 1: But how's that sigh into you proposing to me?
Speaker 2: Because if I said I want to and and I'd like to in the fall, that would be like akin to me proposing to you.
Speaker 1: So you think the next fall, Why don't you answer the question? Yes, let me answer the question win sooner rather than later. And I say that based on my exclusive conversations with the bride. I say that because it's we're we are not trying to figure things out. We are not trying to see if we want to be together. We're not trying to to kind of, I don't know, do a trial run of some kind to see if this thing can work. That's not where we are. So the decision has been made to spend the life together. So I mean the marriage, the wedding. When are you guys getting married? That's going to be a byproduct of what's happening, and it's just it's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I I hey.
Speaker 1: Hey, you told me the answer because you were over there on some babble about don't try to chime back in that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well done. I'm going to leave it with Jay's last word. There, we get it. I'll stop talking.
Speaker 3: I feel like, well, this one, I guess is asking about the wedding.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well good. Maybe I can say something now, if.
Speaker 3: You decided to get married, would you guys be open to doing a podcast from the party?
Speaker 2: No? I mean I think we would do a podcast afterwards, possibly, But no, I think we've talked about marriage. We haven't talked about a wedding, and there's a difference between the two.
Speaker 1: But you know what, we can start the planning now and we will take that off the list. That will be one mic and the wedding singer will be using it. That's it. No podcast mics, no recorders, no nothing.
Speaker 3: This one is what is the hardest lesson that you had to learn.
Speaker 1: To learn in life? In life or recently oh, let's see, how would you put that? The hardest lesson that's ti we keep learning this lesson, but the idea that this too shall pass. I've learned that repeatedly, but for some reason I can't get that through my head sometimes to help me when I'm going through a new mess, because every single mess did pass. We all know this. That's a difficult one to learn over and over lessons I'm thinking about mistakes, I ain't thinking about mistakes, and I've gotten to a place now where I guess I don't qualify so many things as mistakes anymore. I qualify them as experiences that I had. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard. It's hard to pick just one because I have learned so many lessons through my life, but especially over these past couple of years. I think one of the most important lessons I've learned is if you have something to say, say it, or someone else will speak for you. And that has and was a big mistake that I made in this whole situation. I want to feel confident enough to say what I believe and what my truth is versus letting someone else tell everyone else. Because I've learned the perception becomes reality, and that's unfortunate because it isn't reality, and yet it's hard to undo it once it's been accepted as such.
Speaker 1: That was really good advice, actually, I like that.
Speaker 3: Uh sorry, going back to marriage on this one, would you all want to elope?
Speaker 1: We want to make it as difficult on our family and friends as possible. They're going to send invitations to like an island in Italy off the coast somewhere, just some tiny, tiny little place that you have take a puddle, jump over to one island and then you have to get on the ferry to go to the next one. And that is where the wedding is going to be. And we're only going to invite people that have to show up, right, they have to. That's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, this is all news to me. I thought they were gonna ask if we wanted a beach wedding, a destination wedding. Oh, okay, we'll wait for that.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess why not just do announce? Okay, would you rather do a beach wedding or something else?
Speaker 1: I saw some people. I saw a gay couple on the steps of the city hall, not too long ago, and it looked great. Yep, it looks kind of awesome.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think you know, anyone who's been married more than once, you know, the whole big white dress, you know, it's you know. And I don't fault anyone for this, but my younger self was in this headspace. A lot of people want the wedding right. They want the pomp and circumstance that's so exciting, the dress and the boutineer and the bouquet and the flowers and the I think, once you've been there and done that, and we've talked about this before, I want the marriage. I want the partnership. I want the relationship, and that's what I want more than anything. So this may sound hokey and maybe maybe not even believable, but I really don't care. I honestly don't care about where we get married, how we get married. I might care when we get married eventually, but if we get married, and I definitely care if but I the details, I really it doesn't it. It doesn't even cross my mind. Interesting whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Part one was a little easier. Yeah, what is your most prized possession?
Speaker 2: And why?
Speaker 1: Oh, prize possession? I don't know. I think if if the house was on fire, what would I make sure I grab and get out of there? I don't have it.
Speaker 2: You know, you used to say photographs, but now everything's in the cloud. You can always buy a new phone, and I you know, I think, interestingly, having covered so many tragedies in our careers, fires included, I learned, honestly through that coverage that everything can turn to dust. And the only valued possession I have is and it's is my relationships.
Speaker 1: This is crazy. I cannot think of a prize possession. I mean, that's stuff that's valuable that I like, that I love that I'd hate to see gone. But man, if that house was on fire we had to run out, what would I grab? My passport and my phone that might be it.
Speaker 2: And your chapstick, your cherry chapsick. No, I'm teasing no, And I actually your past, my passport and my crazy because it's a pain in the butt to have to re you know, get all of that reissued.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I actually don't family heirlooms.
Speaker 3: Like jewelry or dazzled roach that you had.
Speaker 1: No we can replace it. Yeah, I mean it is.
Speaker 2: Nice man brooch, but yeah, and I actually think having gone through divorce, having had to sell everything, it just you realize you get so upset if there's a scratch on the table or if your car gets a ding, and when you go through enough of life and you've had to sell it or get rid of it for whatever reason, you realize they're just things. And so the only I mean, I genuinely can tell you I don't have something I can't live without.
Speaker 3: I don't, all right? Would you rather someone be honest and hurt your feelings or lie to protect them?
Speaker 1: This can go both ways, it depends.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can give you a resolute answer to that, because it would depend in some instances. Yes, I don't want to be the last person to know. And if I can do something about it, if I can fix it, if I can, if I can make it better than I'd want to know. But if it's just something that would hurt my feelings, I don't mind if you tell a little white lie, because if there's nothing that can be gained from telling me this, then yeah, maybe ignorance is bliss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay with that. And it just depends on the situation. Nobody a little we all do it, but a little white lie to protect somebody's feelings. We do it all the time. Do I want to I don't know. You hate the idea of being lied too.
Speaker 2: Or manipulated.
Speaker 1: I think I would always want to know. I don't know if what would hurt smoke, what would it be? I got DJ that's an ugly sweater that you have on. I mean I would rather hear that opinion, go look in the mirror a couple more times and deal with it instead of walking out, possibly looking like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always appreciate if there's food in my teeth or that kind of thing. I'd like to say, a bat in the cave, like, I'd always rather know.
Speaker 3: What are your biggest turn on and turn offs?
Speaker 1: Smoking is the off yours?
Speaker 2: The biggest turn off would just be like basic, like someone who isn't as hygienic as I'd like them to be, Like if they didn't like, yeah, showering and deodorant and all those things. I mean, you laugh, but it's an issue. So that would be a huge turn off just to me, if someone didn't have the same hygiene practices that I do.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, and turn on. So there I assume they're talking about in a relationship or whatnot. Okay, that turn on I it's a weird way to This is the only way to put it. It's not a matter of a feature. But if a woman cannot put on jeans and a T shirt, belly up to a bar, order a draft beer, and watch an SEC football game, probably we're probably not gonna get along.
Speaker 2: Well that's a turn on for you, then its turn on, yes, turn yeah, Well wow, we've been doing that for a long time together, so it's making sense now. And I'm usually in a jeans, jeans and a T shirt. The biggest turn on to me is someone who can make me laugh. If I can laugh with someone, that is a huge turn on. If you're because I think you have to be very clever, he's tickling me. You have to be very clever, and very intelligent and very you have to be observant to be funny. And so when you find someone who's truly funny and can make you laugh, they have all those other qualities.
Speaker 3: Okay, this one asks what do you wish someone taught you a long time.
Speaker 1: Ago that they actually do print lies in newspapers. I didn't know that until very recently. I didn't know it was a thing. I thought it I had to be based on something or a mistake was made or I didn't know. And I'm not talking about may I say, newspapers. I'm talking about a lot of online public online publications. I should say I didn't know that it was. It just is done like a flaut one hundred percent nothing based on just lie can be made up. I didn't know that. I wish i'd have been taught that very early on. And I'm somebody who spent that long in media, has been continuous in media that I didn't get that about the industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was shocking going through it because you don't know it and you don't realize it until the lies are about you, and then you're like, oh wait, I actually know for a fact that is not true, and yet here it is in print. And we would actually end up laughing at some of them because they were so like bold face lies with zero, zero attribution or anything other than sources.
Speaker 1: So it's weird now, Andy, how we I can read something now like it'd like to be the worst thing about whoever they're saying is the worst guy, the worst woman doing the worst thing that I'll wait on this one. Like everything I'm waiting to I just don't believe anything almost that I read in these online publications anymore. So that's that was a shocker for me, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Something that I wished I had it's learned or can you tell me what the question is? Again?
Speaker 3: What do you wish someone taught you a long time ago?
Speaker 2: Someone taught me a long time ago. Yeah, this is a tough one.
Speaker 1: For me, But I think your mom's going to take this personal.
Speaker 2: My mom's sitting right next to me, right because my I think to trust that I know best about what I need. I think I was much more, especially when I was younger, willing to take what someone else said I should do, or what you know, some religious doctrines said I should do, or I was always looking for outside validation, and so I wish that I could have been taught in a way that it resonated and I believed that I actually know what's best for me. You seem confused.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to follow. Yeah, but the question that what do you wish you were taught what to.
Speaker 2: Basically that you are the best, you know more about yourself than anyone else. It's about about relying on yourself and trusting yourself. And maybe people say trust your gut, right, But I think I was always very willing to trust what someone else said instead of trusting what I thought or believed, and I doubted myself. And when I think about most of the mistakes I've made in my life, it has been because I trusted what someone else said, or I put more stock into what someone else said, or what something else. You know, something else I read said versus what I knew in my gut. And what's right for me isn't necessarily right for someone else. So and and I don't think I thought that I thought there was right wrong, black, white, good, bad. And I just I wish that I had learned earlier to truly listen to my gut.
Speaker 3: I think this one goes into what you were saying before. Do you see the news business differently now, with the rise of fake news and Greek distrust and journalism. Has that rubbed off on you guys at all?
Speaker 1: Rubbed off? Oh my god? This goes both ways right there. In some ways we're glad we're out of it, and in other ways we wish we could be right in the middle of it to actually have more of an impact or say or sway over places that have such big as big a reach as they do. And I don't know, it's been difficult for me to watch for us Rose, we turn, we do not watch news. We don't watch news at all. In the morning. We have it on it first when we up at three four am and make sure we don't miss headlines, but we don't watch news at all. We read our news. So but I hate they'd taken some deans and they probably will continue to take some deans. And I don't think this election cycle helped, and I don't know if the next administration is going to help necessarily.
Speaker 2: For media, yeah, yeah, we don't watch morning news. But when we do watch news, it's usually following a debate, leading up to a debate around the election. So we have watched news reacting to the political cycle, for sure.
Speaker 1: And that's almost for sport.
Speaker 2: It is, and that's what it's become because we'll have Fox, we'll have CNN, we'll have MSNBC, will have all of the the major cable outlets. And it is astounding because usually we were in the thick of it, we were covering it, we were there on the floor of these different arenas covering so to actually be sitting on the couch and watching it has been a very unique experience for me, and it's been disheartening because you just see what's actually going on. We know what happens in newsrooms, we know what happens behind the scenes, and it's just it's frightening to now see it from a different perspective on the couch, but with the knowledge we have about how things work. So I have absolutely been disheartened by what I've seen, and I think we've actually felt empowered in our podcast to be able to try and do things in a non partisan way. We can still add perspective, we can still have our thoughts, we can still bring what we've learned with thirty years in the business without having something feel mean spirited. I think I've sometimes we have the volume down when we watch this, and seeing some broadcasters' facial expressions, the snarkiness, the almost like laughing at what's happening. It's been kind of disgusting a lot of moments and hard to watch.
Speaker 1: So that's that's where we are. But look, we enjoyed what we did, we would have been still a part of this whole cycle and a part of this and hopefully we could have contributed in a certain way. But it's stuff to watch sometimes.
Speaker 3: This is just a question that I have. I've been asking you, guys, but did you notice in the changing of, like the way the news is reported since twenty sixteen? Like, did you see that firsthand when all like election reporting was going on. Obviously I've covered several elections, but did you see that as being as big as it now seems it was in how we report politics?
Speaker 2: I think in twenty sixteen The only thing I can speak to specifically is that the news organizations we were working news organization we were working with, didn't take it very seriously, and they thought it was sport. They thought it was more entertainment. And then and they were out of touch with how a lot of America means were actually really feeling and what they were really thinking and how they were actually going to vote. And that was called considered a wake up call. And yet it's happened again. And actually I feel like, in a weird way, I've seen broadcasters double down almost on knowing more than you know about yourself. Or thinking they know better than you, or thinking that they just have a better idea because of their intellect and their perspective and their research. But in truth, I don't feel like I feel like sorry that broadcasters that I've seen are even further disconnected from a lot of Americans than they were in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Look, Trump got people paid. I mean there were news organizations beefing up their staff in DC once that dude got there, right, And so now I don't know if we're getting ready for our whole cycle of this again, because people do view it as a circus and you go there and you cover and so what are we just going to see a constant circus again? I don't know. But it's to your point you're saying about what we saw twenty six It's gotten much worse, I think since twenty sixteen, because people have made careers out of Trump's presidency, and there are people who have anchorchairs now and have podcast shows, not all kinds of they do because this du got to the White House. So it's not gonna slow down, unfortunately. So it's and is disheartening.
Speaker 2: It's something to remember and we know this, but news is a business. And ratings are how you get paid. So consider that when you're looking at your news source, it has to be considered. It has to be in your mind that it isn't some altruistic thing that I think a lot of us got into the business to do and to be a part of. And yes, I think that's in the hearts of a lot of journalists, but the reality is it is a business.
Speaker 3: This person wants to know how much prep do you need for the morning run and how early do you guys wake up to record it? And what does the daily workday prep look like.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that question, thank you whoever wrote that, because I think, yeah, it's like fifteen twenty minutes that we're putting out there. But it is not that. By the scenes. We start around noon the day before, collecting headlines. We're constantly checking to see what's happening, what's going on. We make a list of what our potential stories might be throughout the day, and around three or four o'clock we start writing stories that we know are almost certainly going to make the cut the next morning, and by the time we go to bed, we have a pretty significant rundown ready to go. And then what time do you wake up, babe? Usually by three and my alarm is set at four, and we then work for another work for another two hours. You work for another three hours at making sure we have the right stories and making sure that we're writing them the way we'd like to. So yeah, we for the first time are the assignment editor, the executive producer, the writer, and the talent all in one. So there is hours and hours go into the prep.
Speaker 3: All right, what do you love most about working together? And what's the hardest thing about working together?
Speaker 2: Knowing who's going to talk first? Now, the thing I love most about working with this guy is that.
Speaker 1: What's what is this guy thing you've been doing to this guy? This guy with DJ this guy.
Speaker 2: I've always loved communicating. While we're talking, I just feel like we're on the same page. We can read each other very well, and that's a fun thing to be able to have in a partner that I know where we're going and what we're doing, so it feels like we're kind of yeah, we're teammates. So that's my favorite part about working with you is I feel this camaraderie and and I trust you, and hopefully you trust me. And that creates this I don't want to speak for you, but that creates and a really positive, a really positive work environment, and that makes it fun to go to vironments. It is though, Like honestly, it's funny even if we're having issues, when we sit down in front of the mic and are looking at each other, it's all gone, like it. We're in work mode and we're in like partnership mode, and it's I like that good. That's my favorite part about working with you.
Speaker 1: Did he say favorite or best and worst part?
Speaker 3: Best and worst?
Speaker 2: Well? I went with the best, So why don't you do the best? And I'll be thinking of the worst.
Speaker 1: That's easy. You're my favorite partner I've ever had to work with, So I'm working with my favorite person I've ever been a co host, co anchor. That's It's that simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said it better than me, just more succinctly. That's not shocking. Worst part, I think the hardest part has been we do operate differently. We were actually just talking about this this morning. TJ is very.
Speaker 1: Hard worker, thorough.
Speaker 2: I am task oriented and like to get things done, and TJ likes to take his time and really understand detail. Yes, so but I think actually it's a good combination, but it can be sometimes a little frustrating, probably for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know you were frustrated. I just thought we were exchanging ideas at work. No, I the workplace, which earlier was a wonderful workplace.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is? I feel like you get frustrated with me.
Speaker 1: I do, of course I do. What what do you mean? Of course I do. I'm frustrating with you now, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, okay, So what's the worst part about working with me or podcasting with me?
Speaker 1: It is, Yes, it's our our difference in working styles, which were easily masked when we worked together at a network because we could be in our separate lanes and you didn't have to see how I was prepping. I didn't see how you were prepping. But we got out there to the desk, and we were prepared together in different ways. Well, you had to to have to always carry you. The way I've been doing has been, it's been. It gets tough. I told you I'm not sleeping already. I'm not doing great. I was sick recently after the holiday, and you know it's Christmas is stressful for me, so it's just it gets tough andie and it's lonely in the morning, you know, almost hours by myself.
Speaker 2: So my mom is sitting next to me, and she's actually concerned that you're being serious. She looked you mild to me. Is he joking?
Speaker 1: So it was serious. The majority of it was serious. No, that's that's that's my answer.
Speaker 3: Would you rather be able to see ten minutes into your future or ten minutes into your past?
Speaker 2: Oh? Into my future?
Speaker 1: What can I bake the ten minutes?
Speaker 2: Ten minutes tick along my last day or something.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see it. Ten minutes in my future? You don't know what if the you get hit by bus?
Speaker 2: Do you want to see ten minutes in your past though?
Speaker 1: Why? I asked, and I picked the ten minutes sure, because I've had some great ten minutes in my life before. I wouldn't mind viewing. Why would you want to see anything in your future?
Speaker 2: You're the one who reads the last page in the book. I'm surprised you didn't see not my future.
Speaker 1: It's a piece of fiction. How are you comparing that?
Speaker 2: Because you want to see what happens to the No, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, I don't inten no, No, I want my future to be unpredictable. Yeah, that's why I would definitely go with ten minutes in the past, whatever it maybe.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's the deal. I actually heard it wrong. I thought it was like I could see ten minutes from now or I could see ten minutes ago. And I was like, why would I want to see ten minutes ago? I just lived it. If you're saying I could pick any ten minute period, is that what it is?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: It's would you rather be able to see ten minutes into your future or ten minutes into your past? I mean I'm guessing that you could choose the past.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was just thinking it was like ten minutes from now or ten minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I did you know? Okay, I brought that question up so very I definitely don't want to relive this.
Speaker 2: Fricking So you're gonna go with future that ten minutes.
Speaker 1: If it ten minutes ago, I'm not doing this again.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: This next question is what personality trait do you value in each other and dislike the most?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm not gonna put my head myself in a mindset of trying to find something I don't like about you. That's just I just don't want to do that. If you want to find something, I think that's fine, But I have to look at you and go, what do I not like about you? No, I'm not gonna do that, all right?
Speaker 2: What do you like best about me?
Speaker 1: Oh? They said? Personality trait? Is that? Right? There is a a Is this a personality trait? There is a youthfulness to you and a pep and an enjoyment in almost every little small thing that goes on. I think that's you know what. We talk about kids all the time. We see little girls in there at a certain age when you see them bouncing through the airport or doing whatever the thing. Then they get to a certain age and now they're too cool and not as confident. You're that little girl that still has her confidence is bouncing around. So I love that about you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very sweet. My favorite personality trade about you is, I mean, it's your quick wit. You just have the most amazing things, like just you're so quick on your feet and I love it. It makes me laugh, it keeps me on my toes. It it just brings the energy of the room up. I I love your quick wit. You are just You've got some really amazing responses to a lot, and and your timing is right. It's like spot on.
Speaker 1: She's the one with the quick wit. She is deadly with hers. I mean you could be too, really, yeah, I'm not usually smiling.
Speaker 2: Well, but that's the wit I prefer.
Speaker 1: But yes, yeah, my mom will cut you down and you have no idea. You just got cut down. She's awesome. All right, go ahead, we got a time of a few more.
Speaker 3: I think I've got more questions that works. This one is, are you guys still in therapy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is the next question? Should we be?
Speaker 2: I mean we never actually went to therapy just guardier Guardier, Yes, so he was literally we did it on the air. We've actually not gone to a therapist or and not saying we won't or we shouldn't, but we have not and so we currently are not okay?
Speaker 3: And this one the final question, how has life changed from December third, twenty twenty three until now? Are you glad you took a year to be silent?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I am not glad we took a year to be silent.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have mind. I wouldn't mind the year being silent after we initially spoke correct, right, that's I think that's the mistake. I think things have played out now and we've learned and here we are, And that year of the Year of Silence was a year of folks, that was work for us. We were working on family and kids and not even that much career, to be honest, and getting situated. That was so much going on behind the scenes that we couldn't have handled a public life at that time.
Speaker 2: Probably that would have been really tough to deal with. But yes, I wish that we had spoken. And it goes back to the answer to another one of the previous questions that I really one of the things I've learned is that if you don't speak, someone else will speak for you. And so I wish we had released our prepared comments or responses to the pictures that were taken. I wish that we had said our truths. I wish that we had talked about what folks were actually seeing versus what they were told they were looking at. And so, yes, I wish we had spoken. But I also to think it, I don't mind the fact that we went away and we took the time to work on our personal lives that actually was important and probably necessary, but I wish we had spoken first, so we.
Speaker 1: Will be silent any more. We're to the point out where again lessons learned. I've always wondered and waited. I think it's what's going to be the next thing. And to be able now, to be comfortable now, to be able to speak and respond to anything, and again, lessons learned through it all. But here we are a year later, babe, and we are going better than ever actually, and things are getting better every day, and the podcast is getting better every day, and everything is just going great. So this is usually when the rug comes right from Ndy.
Speaker 2: You no, but you know that's part of it. When things are good, to worry about them going bad takes away from the joy of just actually enjoying, celebrating and celebrating this year that we've had, and celebrating the work that we've done, and celebrating all of you who are listening. We've said this before, but I really I don't think a day goes by where we don't have someone come up to us on the street and say something kind, say they're loving Morning Run, saying they love the podcast, saying they love us, saying they wish we were back on TV and that has been so wonderful and it has absolutely filled our hearts and just having all of you who submitted questions, thank you, thank you for caring enough to ask a question, Thank you for listening and being on this ride with us, and we appreciate more of your feedback. We want to hear what you'd like to hear from us in this next year and this second year of our podcast. You know, what do you want to hear? What would you like us to be doing differently? And I think that's what's so fun because we get to make some of those changes or add some things to what we're already doing. And I'm very excited about this lap and what we're going to be able to do in this second year.
Speaker 1: Well we should think, I mean, there are too many folks to think, but we mentioned your mom and your dad happened to be in town. Your mom is hanging out in the studio with us. But we we do, I mean you more so certainly initially, but with your parents. Your mom and dad have been great and supportive the whole way, and they've been great to me and my parents as well have been great along the way.
Speaker 2: They have been so kind and so sweet.
Speaker 1: So Ava and Ali Sabine have been a part of it. And our friends are too many to actually name who've been a part of the journey. And Emma and Andy who have been here with us or every step of the way, our producers here in the room with us. And Amy Sugarman, good Lord, that crazy lady who was crazy enough to say, Hey, you guys need to come over here and get off your butts and do this podcast with us. And that was at the time. We weren't necessarily ready when we first talked to her. And now here we are we all this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we appreciate iHeart and Amy Sugarman jumped with us, And yeah, she's crazy energy, but it's positive and it's.
Speaker 1: Supportive, positive energy.
Speaker 2: It's so positive. More please that she is an amazing force to be around. And when you think you can't or you think you shouldn't, she shows you how you can. And I've appreciated that because you get a lot of no's in the entertainment industry, but when you get a yes, and not just a yes, but a hell yes. And that's what Amy Sugarman gave us. That's what iHeart gave us, and we are so grateful because this has been the perfect platform for us to start over and now we get to build on that and that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Nicky, Morgan and Annie, we appreciate you all always. My sister, Tish, Charles Chuck wantel without me. I don't know how to go through all these folks and the thank yous we have, so I want to leave on this note, and Robes, you'll know where this came from. I just pulled it up. But we were somewhere and I was having a bad morning. I think we're about to go on a plane. I said, you're not gonna believe this message I just got and I didn't ask his permission to use it, so I'm not going to say his name, but he's one of my NBA guys and hadn't heard from him in a while. This came out of the blue, and I think we were having a bad morning. I was someone going right yes that morning, yes, And this message came out of the blue. And this is perfect timing given the one year anniversary, and it simply said you made it through the storm. Life dealt you a crushing blow and you persevered through the really dark times today when you look in the mirror, see the champion that you are, have a great day and know you are highly thought of and respected. That was it that he just almost put a button for the past two years for us on that day and messages like that. We appreciate it. So thank you all so much always for listening. We will continue to update you on all that's going on. We got plenty to talk about between now at the end of the year before we get to twenty twenty five. So maybe I was going to say for Amy Robot, but please no, I'm not going to do that because that's we talked about. It sounds rude, So you can.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it when you say it. I can say for TJ. Holmes, but you can't say for Amy Robot.
Speaker 1: No. Somebody was saying he's trying to speak for her. He's taking the whole thing. You know, you gotta be careful. Everybody's you should canceled over where everything.
Speaker 2: Days all right? Well? For TJ. Holmes, I'm Amy Robot. Thank you for listen.