Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbalbal ll that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day? Edo steak is that woo whoom?
Speaker 3: And Dan and Tye, welcome back to the Celiburbal boys and girls. My name is ty hilden Brandt. Seated directly to my right, Dan Rubinstein. Dan, we are in Atlanta. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm perfect, Ty, thank you for asking me. Could not be more excited to be here in the flesh with you and soon enough in the flesh. It's an uncomfortable way of phrasing. I understand. The construction is odd. It's very exciting to be before, to be near, to be amongst our listeners for our live show inducting things in the Hall of Fame. Soliverblelive dot com, soliverblelive dot com. Make sure you check it out again if you're going to be in the greater Atlanta area this Friday, December the second, six thirty Eastern time, of course, Terminal West. That's live like in a venue, not live like on Spotif that's.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's right, going to be live. Speaking of the Spotify Live thing. We have gone many weeks now of posting excerpts from this show. You and I play games, We have fun with all things college football. One aspect of this show that we have yet to highlight, and it's on me, frankly. The people who line up are trusted for ballers who line up and want to give their two cents, want to give their take, want to give their picks for the week ahead. So as luck would have it, we got a pretty clean pool of the audio this time. Mm hmmm, we're going to play that here. So this is what you have to look forward to.
Speaker 2: If you stop on.
Speaker 3: By again every Thursday evening five pm East, two pm West, you can hop on stage with us. If you see our tweets, we're always talking about hop on stage with us, that type of thing. This is what hopping on stage with us actually sounds like and feels like if you were joining us live everygain every Thursday on Spotify. We appreciate everybody's participation. It makes the show fun. We're going to continue to do it again every Thursday evening. So enjoy the excerpt, enjoy the weekend. Hope you can make it out to the Atlanta Live show. Hope you can make it to the Spotify Live Show next Thursday again, five pm East, two pm West. You know the drill, stay solid. Peace. First, we're going to go to Shay, who's been waiting patiently. Hello Shae, make sure you're unmuted.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: How are you hey, gentlemen, Good evening. How's Atlanta treating you so far?
Speaker 3: Good? Good? Yeah, Dan's got a jacket on. It is a little nippy here in the hotel room, but we'll.
Speaker 1: Try to be in a hotel room. It's like twenty degrees outside here in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Brutal, brutal. What you got for us tonight?
Speaker 1: Well you stole my thunder a little bit taking Fresno. They are plus three now. By the way, the line has moved okay since since maybe you made that pick. But I will say that as a backup I had ready to go. Tomorrow at one pm Eastern, we have Akron. We have Buffalo, Buffalo playing for a bowl game. Hell yeah, and they have won. They won on a five game winning streak. Like mid season, they kind of fell off a little bit playing a little bit stronger competition. Ohio. They lost by a little bit to Kent State.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's Akron Akrons two and nine. The game was rescheduled. Buffalo has everything to play for, an Acron has nothing in Buffalo's only favored by eleven. I'll take him by at least two touchdowns, and that's that's my pick.
Speaker 2: I like it on the beating.
Speaker 3: Path, going heavy Buffalo. Thank you, Shay, we appreciate it. Let's go on over who's in the chat here? Who do we got? Catherine? What up, Catherine? What do you got for us?
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm also going to pick a team that is playing for a bowl game. I'm going to pick New Mexico State.
Speaker 1: This weekend.
Speaker 4: I do have a side a side note, if y'all.
Speaker 3: Don't mind, please.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it was.
Speaker 4: Gonna be about Auburn, but then I you know, this kind of chat went on.
Speaker 1: I just want.
Speaker 4: To kind of take a pause here and think about college football. The most games that a team can play in any season is fifteen. The maximum number of games that a player can be on a team for is I guess technically seventy five, assuming the red shirt one year and taking out the weird COVID stuff. I think that any kind of concept, and.
Speaker 1: It's not just y'all.
Speaker 4: It's been something that's been popping up as people think about the playoff and all this other stuff. Expansion, the idea of any of these players or any of these teams deciding that they're going to tank a game or that they're going to not have anything to play for. I think that that just kind of goes against the entire ethos of college football as a chaotic, wacky collection of you know, eighteen to twenty two year olds who, even when they have nothing to play for, all of a sudden can beat Lshue for no good reason except despite us. So I just wanted to kind of that points as we're talking about.
Speaker 2: To be clear, I didn't think it would happen, to be clear, I know.
Speaker 4: But I think that's worth having a conversation because even in kind of like in different spaces, it's been brought up in different you know, y'all know I'm in a comment.
Speaker 2: Section, like sure you are, the comment section.
Speaker 4: Well sometimes, but it's just something that I think needed to be said, and I felt like saying it.
Speaker 1: Also a really bad hire. Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, of course, thank you as always.
Speaker 3: Catherine, always very thoughtful. We appreciate that. Yeah, I mean the tanking thing. I mean people have twisted themselves in knots on the pro level when it shuts up, right, is it?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: It? Is it? You know? Is it cool to do that?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: I mean the NBA doesn't know what to do about it, right, it's been.
Speaker 2: Well, they've changed up the way that the lottery works so you can't just automatically get the topic or one of the top two or three picks, right. They've changed up the percentages. And we've seen it with football NFL in years past, like should we play our starters since we've already clinched a playoff spot and we I don't know what it's called. Now they're week eighteen now because they play seventeen games. So that's that is. You know, it's not nearly as true with college football. But also you can say, this is me just going out into a silly tangent. You can say, why don't we play some younger players because some older players are beat up and let's not force them to play through injuries in this specific moment. I don't think it happens. But also you're like Okay, we are up by this many points. Let's play younger players earlier than we usually would in a game like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't think tanking per se and we'll move on here. I know we've got people who are cute up. I don't think tanking per se is something that we will see in college football before, players not wanting to play more games in an expanded playoff universe. Before you know, coaches talking more openly about not playing guys who are injury risks, maybe altering point spreads in an unintended way, not wanting to risk injury to some of the players who are going to have to play in a playoff. That is not direct tanking, no, but it is something that has an impact on, you know, the college football equivalent of a Week eighteen or a conference championship game or whatever form this thing takes on. In many ways, we are pushing into new territory with college football right now, nil, with transfer portals, with coaches getting insane money, that the expanded playoff universe, which appears as if it's going to happen. We don't even talk about that because that became official detailed, well not even yet, but it's it's it's trending in that direction for the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 2: No, No, the playoff actually announced it because the Rose Bowl agreement. Yeah, the Rosebull acquiesced It's twenty twenty four as a twelve team playoff.
Speaker 3: I mean, we knew it was going to happen one way or yeah, but the fact that we are now diving headfirst into this world is who knows what kind of ramification. So it's a it's a great conversation. And thank you Catherine for kind of taking us down that path a little bit more. Where do we want to go next?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Mark Mark. Welcome aboard. Unmute yourself, sir, how are you? You are muted currently?
Speaker 1: Now you're not?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, thanks for having me guys, joy listening to your show. I'm a big Michigan actual about hundred miles from me goes to Eisty, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: But and my thing is, I would say, I know Michigan Ohio State Day last week. That was a great game. I love seeing JJ McCarthy play that game. Last week. I thought that was like, I think he's gonna be the best, gonna be one of the best quarterbacks of Michigan history if he keeps going on like that and does not get hurt in the next couple of years. But I would like to say this week, I would think that Michigan, after coming off that high and not having that novelty of having to win the Big Ten for the first time in a long time I did last year, I'm almost thinking that Perdue might have a better chance to play play under the I think Michigan will win, but I would think that Michigan might play a little down after coming down off that game against Ohio State. Now I know that you guys have always talked to I've been talking in the season about the bite from Nebraska, but now Michigan has not had that effect as of yet. I'm kind of leary that Michigan could let this one get by them a little bit.
Speaker 3: If they you know, Yeah, thank you, thank you, Mark for hopping on with us here. I appreciate that sentiment because I feel like everywhere I've looked, and certainly between you and I, it's all been very pro Michigan. Even after the Blake Korum stuff, It's like, Wow, They're still going to run away with this thing. The points where it hasn't really moved all that much. So it's it's refreshing in a sense to get a different point of view on that Michigan could play down. Michigan has played down. So I played down to Illinois, right, we saw, sure, you know, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities, especially in already a wacky college football season, for that type of thing to go down.
Speaker 2: So the thing is the case against Michigan covering and struggling a bit with Purdue is basically looking at the Ohio State game as an offensive anomaly. That the way that they've won has been wearing teams down on the ground with a running back who's not available for the rest of the year, largely with the running back who's not available for the rest of the year, and that they didn't have an especially explosive offense, especially through the air, and then it happened against Ohio State, and we've seen other teams do a good job in keeping the Michigan offense in front of them. What the Michigan State score, even though was what the final was, twenty nine to seven or something like that. I think they had one offensive drive, essentially offensive touchdown drive in that game. And so there is that concern that because teams have turned sevens into threes when Michigan has the ball, that it becomes a more difficult cover job. That Michigan can control this game and win it thirty three to twenty, right, or you know, twenty eight to seventeen and not cover even though it never seemed to be in doubt because they came up short on third and eight on the fourteen or something like that. That's the concern if you're looking at this as like, Okay, Purdue's defense might just be good enough to keep Michigan's offense in front of them if they're keying in on the run on a still beat up Donovan Edwards and so in a letdown spot. I don't buy it because we've seen it before where and I don't I think Purdue is much better than Rutgers. But we saw that slow start against Rutgers and then what happened interception interception, interception, and it's the defense that wears down the other team and it just makes life easier for the offense. Ultimately, that's why I think Michigan covers. But the case is, I think it's pretty clear it's pretty clear.
Speaker 3: Let's do one more because we do have this interview excerpt that we want to play for Kreischer. Can't believe it's so good, can't. We had a chance to chat with him earlier today. We wanted to have him on the show forever, and we finally were able to make it happen here from the mobile Atlanta studio today, let's go to Ken to close things out here before we play part of that interview. Hey, Ken, how are you? Who?
Speaker 2: Ken?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: I phoned that out.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to say, Hey, love you guys, be proud of you forgetting Bert Kreusher.
Speaker 3: Cee. LSU is gonna beat the breaks.
Speaker 1: Off Georgia this weekend. Yeah, Ken ups, not a clutch whatever the breaks off of Love y'all have a wonderful night.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kim. What a way to go out. Okay you are not Ken spokesperson, But should LSU beat the breaks off of Georgia? What is what is the cause? What is the engine of LSU beating the engine?
Speaker 3: The engine is Jade daniels Man, The engine is Jane Daniels I mean the engine has been Jane daniels in all the big games that LSU has won, and you know they've had obviously, they've had guys step up on defense, right, our guy Harry Perky, Right, I mean he continues to get better week in and week out. And you know, is he kind of guy who can make a difference on a couple different levels.
Speaker 2: Looks to be a Winter wonder already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean is he that type of talent? I think so. I think he needs more support, right, But I think Elisi's a really good side. I just think they need to get some of the other pieces of the offense.
Speaker 2: I've been watching a lot of Worldview too.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been watching a lot of World Cup, excuse me. So I think if it happens, I mean, it's probably cliche at this point to say it's Jane Daniels, but I think it is probably Jane Daniels leading the charge in tandem with some of those other weapons on offense, whether it's him being able to throw down field to Molik Neighbors, to Sean Boody, you know, like getting it working through the passing game, I think is probably the way to do it for Jane Daniels and then making things happen with his legs. You know, it probably is not more complicated than that, I am. I am skeptical that Georgia woolfall victim to it. But Georgia also has had some moments this season where they play with their food too. To the earlier point of maybe Michigan plays down. Georgia doesn't necessarily need to win this game, right, George is probably and already so I'm not I'm not implying tanking, but I am implying perhaps there's a chance Georgia plays down and perhaps a super motivated LSU team comes again. A few like a hop, skip and a jump away from US and Kim pull an upset. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's more defense. I would say defense and special teams, but I don't know if I've always trust lcu's special teams. Yeah, I think it's more defense, right. I think it's havoc. I think it's scoopid scores. I think it's you know, an interception that necessarily is a pick six but flips the field. I think anything that makes the offense's job easier. I think that's probably the recipe for LSU winning this game. I don't see the recipe for right, it's short field, it's freak plays, and it's that's that's invented. Is not a perfect quarterback. It's it's that maybe Georgia goes into this game so confident in winning that they're not showing all that much ahead of the playoff. They feel like they can show just enough, you know, show sixty three percent their playbooks, you know, come up with a very conservative game plan because that's sort of been their mo is right to get a comfortable enough lead and.
Speaker 3: Shut it down. I'll tell you what the bummer is. The bummer about this game, no offense to this beautiful city. Yeah, the bummer is that the game is in Georgia. Because you gotta believe most of the people out there who aren't Georgia fans root for LSU.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: They want LSU to pull this up something new and so it may not feel that way in the stadium, but certainly out there in the Twitter sphere, on our discord averbowlers dot Com shameless plug, Yeah, people are going to be rooting for LSU.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just hope Tiger fans who were considering traveling that that energy wasn't tamped down by the loss last week to A and M. Now that they're represented well in the Mercedes whatever,